- Text Size +

It should be remembered that the scouts’ adventures with the B.E.R.O.W.R.A. Music Society occurred over many years leading up to the period when Colleen discovered the giant land and became a giantess. So the period of Colleen’s dreams is very much in the present, while the period of the scouts’ adventures is very much in the past. As both developments are of equal importance, each chapter will continue to open by identifying the point in time at which the chapters events are occurring.

Decades earlier, there were ponds in various parts of the giant park that the earth scouts had discovered, some in the flower gardens and some in the open grass areas. They would nave no shortage of water for drinking as well. All of their scouting experience and training would come into play, making it easy for them to adjust to life in the giant world, for as long as they chose to stay there.

When night fell, they all slept well, having hiked for a long time on earth and then come into a giant land, which was somewhat out of phase with Switzerland’s time zone on earth. It meant that their “day” had been longer than usual, and they were all extremely tired. Nobody came into the park the next day, and they surmised from the word “Regional” in the B.E.R.O.W.R.A. Music Society acronym, that it was a somewhat isolated country spot, and little used. Being from earth, they had no idea which day of the week was Middle Day. One scout had taken German classes as part of his school curriculum, and knew that the German word for “week” was “Woch”, and that the German word for “middle” is “Mit”. So the German word for Wednesday was Mitwoch. He gathered that a similar naming system had been used for the giant dimension’s Middle Day.

 

The following day was an exciting one for the scout group. By the middle of the morning, they saw a group of ladies and teenage girls arriving, all wearing elegant feminine clothes, which lived up to the name of the B.E.R.O.W.R.A. Music Society. They walked into view, set up a few small items they’d brought with them on the stage, and then spread themselves around on the lawn and began eating their lunches.

Observing them from their positions in the gardens, the scouts were surprised by another factor, not just their gigantic size.

Every one of the B.E.R.O.W.R.A. Music Society members looked exactly like a celebrity that they had known on earth. Each scout began to theorize in his own thoughts, as they heard the singers talking to each other, using the same names of their regular sized earthling doppelgangers. Carla Olt and Julianne Stringer were each both models and actresses on earth. Brie Shoole was a teenage actress on earth. Annie Stephalist, Lissa King, Nina Pozzona, Sophia Dredle were young actresses in her twenties. Annette March was an actress in her late thirties on earth. Lorna Night was a cooking show hostess on earth. Trudy Cole was a famous comedian in her thirties on earth. Belle Pearson was a retired model in her fifties on earth. Maria Roccs was an actress in her forties on earth. Somehow, this particular part of the giant dimension had produced a generation of giant parallel counterparts of earthlings. Presumably, those that were celebrities on earth, because of their beauty and talent, had counterparts who were equally beautiful and talented in the giant dimension. However, since television did not seem to exist there, at least not in this isolated regional country area, they had formed the B.E.R.O.W.R.A. Music Society instead, and played to a much smaller (in number if not in physical size) audience.

 

*          *          *          *

 

Colleen had a new dream which was a sequel to the ones in which she had caught and eaten many leprechauns and Tarquin. In this instalment, the surviving leprechauns were holding a council of war. Then she heard Brother Zeke and Tim again.

“I’m happy to see the leprechauns back,” said Zeke, “They better hope they haven’t underestimated Colleen!”

“You’re in for a very enjoyable surprise in the next few chapters, I think, as you see who’s underestimated whom, and the results play out,” said Tim.

“So am I,” thought Colleen, both while asleep and again when she woke up.