- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


He lay down on his stomach, with his face and neck resting on the front of her tongue. The feeling was indescribably wonderful. When he finally fell asleep, he immediately saw Jodie.

“Good afternoon, my lovely little friend. I must have dozed off a little before you. I’ve been waiting a while. You were right. It is a very close view now, although I still see you in your Blue Mountains park on the chess board tiles.”

“And I still see you in your garden, but my memories of being on your tongue while your mouth was open are still at the forefront of my mind.”

 

*          *          *          *

 

Colleen dreamt again of her capture of the leprechauns. The dream picked up from where the previous one had left off. Then she heard Brother Zeke and Tim talking again:

“Glad to see you're back and in good health!” said Brother Zeke, “Another great chapter! All those lucky leprechauns got to see the inside of Colleen's stomach and now Tarquin is next! I'm surprised none of the other leprechauns came back to save their brethren, smart of them as I think Colleen would have happily gulped them all.

I know if I were one of the leprechauns I would have offered to help her find more leprechauns, either being bait for the remainder in the tunnels, or help her locate others. I'd definitely be a massive traitor.”
“I've actually drafted several future chapters already. There will be a rescue subplot involving the leprechauns so far still free, but I don't want to spoiler malfunction at all. So stay tuned,” said Tim.

This Tim had taken her past experiences to unexplored levels of fiction. If she’d thought of digging up the meadow, she realised after waking up, she could have pulled off the culinary coup of all time, and eaten an entire tiny town of leprechauns as well as Tarquin.

Somehow Tim had known of her aspirations and her activities, and come up with ideas that had surpassed even her own incredible achievements. Colleen wanted to know more, wanted to see what other nonesuch adventures Tim had apparently scripted up for her in whatever realm he occupied. She wanted to know how he was doing all this, and who he was. She wished that she had been able to think of attempting to speak to Tim in her dreams. Yet her dream self seemed to be only capable of living a mixture of her real life recollections and drastically altered versions of events. Not once had her dream self ever thought of trying to verbally interact with Tim.

Something else struck her too. Tim had some form of audience who felt only admiration for Colleen’s dining achievements most of the time. Although Brother Zeke’s latest response did seem to indicate some instinct of self preservation that would eventually come into play. If she ever found a way to meet him, she would soon see to it that his instincts only served him in vain. As for Tim, she still didn’t know what on earth or Giantland to make of him. If he did exist outside of her dreams, was he living on earth somewhere, writing about everything that ever happened to her and more? How could she ever find out? Could she lure him to the Giant land, and if she did, would eating him put an end to all of the dreams and ideas and additional adventures that she’d only discovered while having those dreams?