- Text Size +

A day has passed since everyone have learnt that Vern is the bearer of the Luna Crest Rune, since then Vern was back in the guest room stumbling over on what the events that have just happened. “So its true then?” asked Susie as she was sitting on the other bed of the guest room.

Vern was laying on his bed as he answered, “Seem like it...not that I understand why its such a big deal” “Not a big deal...Vern...do you have any idea as to how important that rune is” said Susie as she looked out of the window.

Vern looked at his sister and said, “All I know about the rune is that's what keeping us living here” “I look into as much as I can” said Susie as she looked at her brother. Just then there was a knock on the door.

The two of them looked at it and saw Josefina enter. “Morning...how are feeling today?” asked Josefina with a smile on her face. Vern sat up and answered, “I'm feeling better than yesterday” “Glade to hear that...hope you don't feel anymore heart burns” said Josefina as she remembered that Vern was complaining about it after everyone learnt that he had the rune.

Vern stood up and noticed that something was odd about Josefina; thinking about it, he noticed something odd with Susie as well. “You okay?” asked Josefina as she saw Vern looking confused. Josefina touched Vern's right shoulder, with this, Vern felt a tingle at the sole of his feet. “Best go see Cecile” said Susie as she saw that Vern didn't look good.

“Okay, okay...I shall go see her” said Vern as he smiled at the two of them. With that he left the room, leaving Josefina and Susie. Josefina took out the pocket compass that Leigh gave her the day before.

“What's that then?” asked Susie as she saw the compass. “Huh oh, its just something that's meant to be for Vern” answered Josefina as she showed her the compass. Susie looked at the compass and saw that the arrow on it was spinning a full three sixty. “Huh...is it broken?” asked Susie as she looked at Josefina.

“I'm not sure...I was told to give this to Vern” said Josefina as she put the pocket compass away. “Are you going to give it to him?” asked Susie as she saw the princess was walking towards the entrance. “Of course, after she finished cheeking on Vern I'm going to give him it” answered Josefina as she smiled at her as she left the room.

 

"Well then, what seems to be the problem?" asked Cecile as she looked a her clipboard of notes. Vern was sitting on a chair as he looked at the doctor whom was walking left and right. Cecile goes through her notes and every now and then she looked at Vern and then back at the notes. "I've been getting these pains, like heart burns" answered Vern.

"Heart burn is it...hmm...that would explain it" said Cecile as she wrote something down on the clipboard. “What? What does that mean?” asked Vern as he looked at her. “Hmm...oh it means that the effects are kicking in” said Cecile as she was still writing. “What effects?” asked Vern. “The effects of the Runes, Josefina has a full Sun Crest Rune while you whom is the new bearer of only have a fourth of the Luna Crest Rune” answered Cecile.

“What effects!” snapped Vern as he stood up from the chair. Cecile stopped writing and looked at Vern. It took a moment before Vern noticed that something was different. Cecile saw that Vern knew what was going on in his head. She took a deep breath before she said, “Shrinking...you are shrinking Vern”

“What do you mean I'm shrinking?” asked Vern as he looked at Cecile as he saw that she was standing a little taller than he last saw her. “Well then, think of it like this. When its night, the moon is the strongest and when it day the sun is the strongest. During the day the moon can be seen but it isn't at its strongest because the sun engulfed the moon. The moon will become over shadowed by the sun” said Cecile as she put her clipboard down.

“What are you saying?” asked Vern as he looked at her. “What I'm saying is that the two runes act like the sun and moon. The only way the two are even is when the dusk and the dawn blend together becoming the twilight” said Cecile as she carried on talking.

“Twilight? Why are you telling me this?” asked Vern. “Because the two sides must be whole; other wise bad things will comes” answered Cecile as she sat down. “What bad things?” asked Vern. “The things that are to come is something that I do not know but what I do know is that we need to fill that rune of yours” answered Cecile.

“How do we do that then?” asked Vern as he looked at Cecile standing up. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. “Come on in” said Cecile as she looked at the door. The door opened and in came Josefina. “Ah princess, what can I do for you?” asked Cecile as Josefina was walking towards her and Vern.

“Its just that I couldn't help but over hear about runes” answered Josefina as she looked at the the back of her right hand. There was a faint markings of a sun on her hand. “Its just that...am I the cause of Vern's shrinking?” asked Josefina as she looked at Vern. “Don't worry...I'm sure everything will be alright if we can fill my rune” said Vern as he looked at the back of his left hand.

“Ah that's right...this belongs to you” said Josefina as she took out the spinning compass. The two of them saw that the arrow was spinning 360. “Belongs to me?” asked Vern as Josefina handed the compass to him. As Vern looked at the compass, he saw that the arrow stopped spinning as it was pointed north west.

“Oh...the arrow...stopped” said Vern as he showed the woman the compass. “What the?” said Josefina as she took the compass from Vern. From that moment the arrow began to spin 360 again . Josefina showed the others this. “Strange...” said Cecile as she took the compass off Josefina which was still spinning. Cecile then looked at Vern and handed him the compass.

The arrow stopped spinning and pointed towards north west again. “I thought so” said Cecile as she looked at the compass and took it off him. The arrow began to spin again. “The compass only seem top work when ever Vern holds it” said Cecile as she handed the compass back to him. “So that what she meant” said Josefina to herself.

“What was that princess?” asked Vern as he looked at her. “Oh its nothing, nothing important” answered Josefina. “Well then...shall we see how tall you are?” asked Cecile as she picked up her clipboard and walked towards markings on the wall. “Wha?” was all Vern could say. “Come on...we need to know how tall you and see if we can cover your height loss from others” said Cecile as she looked at him as he walked towards the wall.

Vern took his shoes off and stood with his back against the wall. Cecile looked at the wall and wrote down Vern's new height. “Well...how tall is he?” asked Josefina as she walked next to her. Cecile showed Josefina the writings. “What....what is it?” asked Vern as he looked at the two.

“Here you go, I think we can cover this” answered Cecile as she showed him the height which is 5'5. Vern has lost four inches. “Wha...what do I do know?” asked Vern as he put his shoes on. “Its best that you begin your first day while I work things out with what the filling of the rune” answered Cecile.

“Come on then, Vern...lets begin our first day together” said Josefina as she smiled at Vern. With that Vern walked out of the office with Josefina. Leaving Cecile to her thoughts.