- Text Size +

That night, Vern couldn't even sleep. He was worried about as to why he, the only man within the castle. Along with the fact that the back of his left hand was itching him like hell.

As the sunlight began to shine through the shadows of the curtains of the room, Vern stood up and got himself changed. As he was wearing his clothes, he don't know why, but to him it felt like it was loose.

Deciding to take a tour around the castle, Vern left the bedroom and walked down the corridor. As he was walking down the corridor, he could hear the sound of footsteps coming from behind. Vern stopped in his tracks and looked back and saw that there was no one there.

“Huh” said Vern as he turned back round to carry on walking. “You know its rude not say hello right?” asked a female's voice. Vern stopped again and looked back and saw that there was no one there.

“I'm right here” said the voice that was behind him. Vern looked back and saw an eighteen year old woman with purple hair. “Erm...hello” said Vern. “Hello, nice to meet you...erm?” said the woman. “Vern, Vern Byrd” answered Vern as he stuck his hand out for her shake.

“Flora Ashley, nice to meet you hero” said the woman as she shook his hand. “So I guess you heard about me then” said Vern as he let her hand go. “Oh please, tell me a woman that doesn't know that lives inside the castle” said Flora as she smiled at him.

“Really...I'm that famous” said Vern as he scratch the back of his head. “Of course you are, and that you are the first man that's not married to the royal to be living in the castle” said Flora as she turned round and walked off.

“Hay erm” said Vern. Flora stopped walking and looked back with a smile. “You don't suppose you could show me around?” asked Vern. Flora placed her index finger on her chin and said, “Well, its not really my place to give you the grand tour but I can show you something that's better”

“Really thank you” said Vern as the two of them walked off.

The two of them entered up on the roof of the castle. “Wow” said Vern as he looked out at the view that the rooftop gave him. “Pretty yes?” asked Flora as she looked out at the sunrise which was mixed with the clouds.

“Very” said Vern as he looked up. Just then, the two of them could hear the sound of a sword clashing into another sword. The two of them looked towards the direction of the sound and saw Lucinda with her sword in hand.

“That's the training ground for all soldiers that serve under the queen” said Flora as the two of the walked towards the edge of the rooftop to get a better look. “Is she always that serous?” asked Vern as he looked at Flora.

“Very, she and the princess and pretty much the best of friends. And well, due to the way she grew up under the queen's wing caused her to pretty much hate men” said Flora as she looked back at Vern.

“Really” said Vern as he looked back at Lucinda as she swung her sword with another woman whom also wielded a sword. “Well then, best for you to return to your room so that you can get the grand tour” said Flora as she walked off the rooftop. Vern followed her.