- Text Size +

“I shall send someone to pick up both of your things” said Josefina as she entered a carriage with Vern and Susie along. Lucinda entered last and stayed quiet all through the trip, giving Vern the evils.

As the four of them were heading towards the castle, Vern felt like he was really out of place. “So how did you manage to find Vern?” asked Susie as she looked at Josefina. “Who do you think you are asking the princess like you got right” snapped Lucinda. “Can you please loosen up” said Josefina as she had a cross look on her face.

“Forgive me princess” said Lucinda as she looked at the floor of the carriage. “Wow, so ho did you find Vern?” asked Susie as she looked at Lucinda with a smile across her face. “It was easy really, Vern was the only man that was living within the village and after a few questioning I found out where he lives” answered Josefina.

“Princess...what is it that you want me do as your servant?” asked Vern as he looked at her. “Oh you just have to do everything I say, that's all” answered Josefina as she looked at him. “Oh Okay then” said Vern.

The four of them just sat there waiting to arrive at the castle which happened within an hour. “There it is Vern, your new home” said Josefina as she looked outside the window and saw the castle in plain view.

“Wow, that's huge!” said Susie as she was impressed at the sight. “Hmm, take that it that a low life like you never seen anything bigger than your little house” laughed Lucinda as she looked at her. Josefina looked at her with angry eyes which to Vern's surprise worked as she kept quiet for the remainder to ride.

After a few minutes, the carriage arrived at the gates of the castle. As they all went out, a group of women dressed in maid outfits walked towards them. They all looked at Vern thinking as if it strange for a man to riding with the princess.

“Welcome home your highness” the group said as they each took a bow. “Thank you, can one of you escort my guests to their room” said Josefina as she smiled at them. “Please, come this way” said one of the maids as she smiled at Vern and Susie.

With that the two of them followed her while Josefina, Lucinda and rest of maids walked off elsewhere within the castle. “Can you please tell me what you were doing alone at that village?” asked Lucinda.

“I told you before didn't I?” asked Josefina as she looked at her and saw that she shock her head. “I don't know really, I had this strange feeling that I was ment to have gone there” answered Josefina. “Could it have something to do with the runes?” asked Lucinda.

Josefina looked at the back of her right hand and looked at a mark that shaped liked a sun. “Perhaps, it might be by chance or by fate that I met Vern. If it was by fate, then I hope he bares the other” answered Josefina. “Either way princess, you have to convince the queen when she gets back into keeping him within the castle” said Lucinda as she looked at the rune on Josefina's hand.

“Then the more reason that he should have the other rune. I hope the maid can report back to me that he is the barer” said Josefina. “And if he's not?”” asked Lucinda as she saw that they were heading towards Josefina's room.

“If not then, he will be living here as long as I will it” answered Josefina as she smiled at her. Lucinda stood within the hallway as she saw the princess and the maids enter the bedroom. “Dam...I'm so not going to like this” said Lucinda as she shook her head as she walked off.

Meanwhile within the guest room,

“Wow, I cannot believe that we're living within the castle of Queendom” said Susie as she looked out of the room's window and saw the area that shrouded the castle. “Yeah me too, I wasn't expecting much but to live within the castle...it feels kinder strange” laughed Vern as he stood next her.

“Huh is something wrong?” asked Susie as she noticed that Vern was starching the back of his left hand. “Everything is fine, come on then, lets see if we are allowed to wonder the castle” answered Vern as he stopped starching.

“Please guests, rest for the night, its getting late for a wonder about” said the maid as she was standing by the entrance of the room. “Okay, thank you. What time does everyone get up?” asked Vern.

“Everyone wakes up at eight O'clock sharp, do you two wish to waken by then?” answered the maid. “Please” said the two of them. “As you wish” said the maid as she took a bow before leaving. With that the two of them headed into their beds and slowly fallen asleep.

Unknown to Vern, something was shining on the back of his left hand as it was in the shape of a crescent moon.