- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Thanks to my friend Something for helping me write this

Then, a few hours later, Everything seemed to be going well for you, your team, and the city itself. You were in a much safer location, so you would likely have plenty of time to wait for the portal to recharge and upgrade the communication device, just in case you needed to attempt to contact the inhabitants of this universe. No one disturbed the city for a while. Zach's parents were both busy, and his older brother went back to his own house (he actually moved out a year ago, but still likes to visit). However, Alan, Zach's younger brother, got out of school early today. Since it was Friday, he didn't have any homework. He threw his backpack down and excitedly ran to his room to play some of his games.


But, he couldn't find his headphones in their usual place. His parents asked him to wear them when he was playing, since his games could get...very loud sometimes. So, he decided to search everywhere in his room, but still couldn't find them, so he left. He noticed that Zach's door was closed and he probably didn't want him in there, but he figured he would have enough time to look before his brother got back and found out. Zach himself still had a couple of hours left of school. Then, he and his friend Daniel would go to Nathan #2's (who Zach usually just referred to as Nate, since his brother exists) house, to see whatever he wanted to show them. So, while his older brother was gone, Alan ran into his room.

The four of your looked up to see the door open and another gigantic kid enter. This one looked a bit younger than the one who found you earlier, and he didn't seem to be paying any attention to the index card you were on. Instead, he appeared to be looking for something. "Oh, great. Another one!" Rick said in a frustrated voice. "Umm, how much longer will it be until the machines are ready? Because....I'm not sure if he knows we're here..." Tom said nervously.

"It'll be a few more hours. I guess we'll just have to see what happens," you said as you watched him continue to search the room for something.

Fortunately for the city, Alan never approached the desk. He remembered that his headphones were actually in a different room...probably, so he left his brother's room and closed the door.

So, you and your team went back to doing various things. Tom was listening to calming music and reading a book. That way, he wouldn't spend hours dreading any potential horrible events that could happen. He was definitely calmer than before, since he was convinced the kid who originally found the city wasn't going to hurt anyone, but he didn't know what any of the other people in this house would do. Both you and Sara were working on your own personal machines. Sara was taking her time, while you were trying to finish upgrading the device more quickly, even though you knew you probably had plenty of time. And Rick was pacing around and grumbling about how he still didn't trust the kid. He still felt like his teammates were too trusting, and unless he got undeniable proof that this person would actually help them, he wouldn't change his mind.

Meanwhile, Nate showed Zach and Daniel the exciting thing he was talking about, and a few hours later, they all agreed to go to Zach's house. Zach decided that he would get their help, especially since Nate's brother was one of the people who could likely keep them in a safer place. All of their parents were fine with this, so, the three young teens started walking to his house. Zach didn't tell them what he wanted to show them. There was no way they would believe him until he actually had them look at it.

Soon, they got to the house, went inside, and walked upstairs to his room. Zach said, "Give me a second. I'll come out when I'm done," He then opened the door and entered his room, leaving Daniel and Nate wondering just what his friend wanted to show him.
Nate wanted to peek inside so badly, but he was able to restrain himself and wait.

Zach walked over to the index card on his desk. He still couldn't stop thinking about how incredible it was that such an impossibly tiny area of it was actually populated by an extremely high amount of people. He still had a bunch of questions, but he doubted he would get many answers. He then removed the container, reached for the card again, and started to lift it up. He knew this would cause yet another world-altering event for the tiny population, and he hoped that they would only have to be moved around just a couple of more times after this. He walked over to the microscope (which he still had to return to his dad later) and gently placed the card under it. He then focused on the tiny city before leaving his room.

"Okay, guys. I'm done. Now, just follow me," Zach told his friends. Nate eagerly followed Zach, with Daniel following behind both of them. He pointed to the device on the table and said, "Look through that."

The four of you saw the original kid return, move the city again, then leave. Then, he came back, followed by two others. Most of you figured that this was safer than when the younger one came in earlier, since now at least one of them could tell the others about your existence and make sure you were safe. But, of course, Rick said, "Wonderful! Now there's even more of them! Who knows what they'll do to us!" Sara replied, "Stop making these assumptions and just wait!"

Meanwhile, Daniel asked, "Wait, is this something you wanted to bring to school, but couldn't for...uh...reasons?" He remembered that Zach showed him things related to school at random times before.

"No. Just look," Zach said.

"Can I look first?!" Nate asked excitedly.

"I don't care. Just be careful, please," Zach told him. Nate then stared at Daniel and repeated, "Soooo, can I look first?"

"Sure," Daniel replied, causing Nate to run over to the microscope and look through it. Immediately, he saw the strange object and increased the magnification. He was completely shocked by what he saw. He stared at it for a minute before turning to Daniel and saying, ".....Dude, you need to see this". Daniel, now even more intrigued by Nate's astonishment, walked over to observe it. Much like Zach and Nate, he couldn't believe what he was seeing. He could clearly see entire buildings and even tiny specks moving around...

Daniel looked at Zach and said, "Is that....Is that real? Are there real people in there? But..how is that even possible? I..." Daniel and Nate both had just as many, if not more questions than Zach. Their friend replied, "Yeah, I don't know exactly who they are or how they got here. I found them when I was looking at stuff I wanted to bring to school, and I knew I had to help them,"

"....Zach, buddy,..... this is amazing! I seriously can't believe that you have something like this in your room!" Daniel said, fascinated by seeing something that he thought couldn't exist. "Yeah! This is way cooler than what I showed you guys!" Nate added.

"Yeah, it's cool. But guys, can you not talk so loudly, so you don't destroy their ears, and maybe even the whole city?" Zach said. "Oh, yeah, you're right. Sorry, little guys," Nate laughed awkwardly before approaching Zach and continuing, "But, really. This is insane! Like, I have way too many questions."

"Yeah, me too," Zach said, "But, we need to help them first. I was wondering if your brother could come. Since you said he was in some kind of science group, he'd probably be able to keep them in a much better place than this. Daniel, do you know anyone that could help with all of this?"

"I think..." Daniel replied.

You and your team were watching the three giant boys as they appeared to be talking about something. The excited responses of the new ones damaged the city a few minutes ago, further convincing Rick that they were planning to do something terrible. The rest of you assumed they had no malicious intent and just got a bit too excited (you were right). Still, you hoped that no further damage would be done and you could soon go home safely.

"Okay, the devices should be at least close to being ready, right?" Tom asked. "I'm almost done with upgrading the communicator and the teleporter will take another 3 hours to charge," you told him. "Well, that's something..." Tom said.

After thinking about and discussing it for a few minutes, Zach and his friends decided on who they would try to contact first.