- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here we go
Another word day Ugh. I got out of bed and checked the clock, 9AM. As I rub the tired out of my eyes I sulk my way out of bed. Another day of work I think to myself. I get the same outfit that I have to wear everyday for my shitty cook job and put it on. A lame black t shirt and jeans. Nothing inspired and nothing originally. I thought back how I had just recently started this job and was still learning and training, with that in mind I could always quit if it got to soul crushing. I went downstairs and made myself some breakfast, just a bagel and cream cheese with a fresh cup of coffee. With that I was almost running late so I grabbed my keys and drove to work. Driving in my car with only my thoughts I began to wonder if I was really lucky, After the SDD Pandemic the state of the world wasn’t the best despite the mass atrocities happening to the Inchie’s the bigger world sucked too. Even with a college degree you could no longer get any meaningful job and I was forced into the service industry. Maybe being an inchie wouldn’t even be that bad, fending for yourself in the wild, just worrying about hunting and predators of all sorts at least it would be more exciting than this shit. I arrived at the restaurant and sluggishly walked in. I greeted the other cooks on the line, there was Rob and Danny from what I had gathered they were pretty cool but its work so I’m forced to hang out with them. I walked through the restaurant saying hi and good morning to everyone, the restaurant had an almost fully female wait staff and for the most part I they were all quiet pretty. Clearly they made good tips. I got to the iPad that everyone punched in on and clocked in. I stumbled for a minute, I began to feel light headed and I had intense tunnel vison I tried to make it back towards the kitchen when I felt my vision slowly being engulfed with blackness, the last thing I remember is hitting the ground. I awoke to loud noises all around me, voices sounding like football stadium announcers, I opened my eyes but everything was still black. I tried to move but my whole body was stuck in maybe a tube or some sorts I wasn’t sure

“Oh looks like he’s awake!” I heard a feminine voice say. It sounded like it came from all around me and the tube I was in tightened up.

“Let me see, I’m still mad you found the new guy” Said another distinct female voice. I was blinded by light as the tube around me unfurled. My eyes began to adjust as I took in where I truly was. I was in the palm of one of the servers. Looking up at her face she had brown hair that was tied in a ponytail and looked to be twenty something. Her face was defined with piercing green eyes and mousier features but still attractive she also had full sleeves of tattoos and a pierced nose. The other girl staring down at me was one I recognized as Shay. She had blonde hair but with a skinnier build I practically pissed myself looking up at these two colossal women, I have to be at least two inches tall possibly less and what that really means is I contracted SDD. I am now an inchie.

“So what are you going to do with him, personally he looks tasty” Shay said. I watched as she licked her lips with a predatory look that her eyes had staring directly at me,

“The one in my shoe just gave way on the way in this morning so this is his replacement” The woman holding me said.
“Wasn’t that Frank? You had him in there for like a year right?” Shay replied.

“No idea who Frank is but yeah he lasted a long time, Hope this one lasts longer honestly I hate breaking in new ones.” The woman holding me said that as her hand clasped around me once more, I was thrust downward until I was practically at the floor. I could see her work shoes. With her other hand she grabbed the tan timberland boots that was stained with bits of food and grossness of working in restaurants, she removed the shoe to show her socked foot and her toes wiggled in the fresh air. I noticed that the toes of her sock were stained red, there was a paste of some sort coating the ball of her foot all the way to the toes.

“How do you always get yours to last so long, mine pop after like four days” Shay said.

“I don’t know, hey can you cover my shift tomorrow?” My captor said, and with that she brought me closer to her socked foot. As my body was moved closer and closer I cold make out the details of the red paste. It wasn’t jam or anything of that nature, it was remains. I was mortified, this was the tiny she talked about that had today of all days decided to explode under her foot. My mind began to race, would I meet the same fate? I need to get out of this! I Began to scream and trash but it was no use, her hand was still bringing me closer to her toes and the mess under them. I could smell the foot odor emanating off her foot and with a final act of cruelty she pressed my body into her toes, my head resting near the big toe but my body wedged between her toes and the ball of her foot. I still didn’t know this mystery servers name, I had never seen her before today and now I was going to be her Inchie Insole. The gore of the last inchie covered my body as her toes squeezed the air from my lungs. The taste of iron and sweat overwhelmed my senses. I was covered in bits of blood and guts as her foot moved towards the mouth of her shoe. Her toes were holding me in place and I no longer could hear the conversation but I doubt it was about me anymore. The mouth of the shoe was growing ominously close and I tried so hard to break free from the grasp of her socked toes. The light is fading around me, she is putting her shoe back on but this time along with me in it. The smell grew more and more intense and the heat from the shoe grew. The light faded around me as the foot holding me in place fully entered the shoe. It was now pitch black and my eyes could not adjust in time. I was moved deeper and deeper the smell of not only feet and sweat but also blood and viscera grew stronger. With a final thud her foot settled in place and the toes around me relaxed pressing myself into what I could only imagine is the gore left behind from the soul who’s job I have been promoted too. I’m mortified the fear consuming my body. The only things I could feel was the gore I was covered and sitting in reminding me of my future and the looming presence of the white socked toes above me. Her toes began to wiggle feeling my entire body and suddenly the pressure of her foot began to rise. The wind from my lungs were pushed out as the pressure increased rapidly. I felt as if I would meet the same fate as the last inchie that was in my place. The pressure stopped just before I thought that my body was going to give way. Then she started to walk, I felt my stomach sink into my feet as the shoe and the foot guiding it thrust themselves into the air. I am held in place pretty well by her toes and I began to brace for impact of the inevitable step back down. There is a moment of free falling and my body is now being pressed upwards into her toes not enough to shake me from my position. And then the foot lands and the pressure rises again. I don’t know if I’m going to last long with this constant movement. I’m scared and wondering what step will be my last as she just goes about her day.

I very quickly am losing track of time. I think it’s been several hours with nothing of note going on. The heat rose and the sweat began to pool soaking her already wet with blood sock and myself. Occasionally there will be time periods where she is not moving and her toes begin to squeeze and press into me to ease her boredom. I can hear things outside the shoe but not in the clarity to make out words just the low rumble of her movements and the conversations she’s having. I have a lot of time to think now, I wonder what it was like for the last Inchie in my position, a year is a long time, I feel worn out and its barely been through a single shift. Time is passing slow in her boot, the remains of the last tiny never got a chance to dry and the sweat coming off her foot was keeping it all moist. The toes curled around my tiny form again, she clearly enjoyed the feeling of an inchie in her shoe. I wonder if there’s another one in the other boot? I guess ill never find out.

The noise of the restaurant stopped and I can hear a car starting. My entire prison tipped upwards as I can only assume her foot is on the pedal. I’m slipping away from the toes, this new position is sending me under the ball of her foot. This can’t be good. I’m under the ball of her foot and the pressure here is more intense than the toes, the rough fabric of the sock is suffocating and every time she accelerates her foot presses into me. The car engine stops. Oh god I’m still under the ball of her foot, the shoe changes positions to resting and I’m being crushed, her foot touches the ground and all the air leaves my lungs, *CRACK* My arm snapped under the weight, this is it. With my eyes closed I wait for the inevitable, but it doesn’t come, the boot tilts again and the toe slams against the ground throwing me out from under the ball back to her toes. She then takes the step with me safe for the most part. My arm is clearly broken and the pain is searing, I don’t know what to do and her toes just keep scrunching my whole body. The pressure resides and her foot leaves the shoe. The rush of fresh air comes from the opening and for the first time since going in I can see again. I’m not sure if the blood is mine or the last inchies but as I feel around my body I can’t find any wounds other than the pain in my arm. The shoe is lifted into the air and I tumble from the toes to the heel and hit the back of the boot. I look up and see the face of my captor, she seems tired and has a concerned look on her face. She’s examining me and it only lasts a second before her face moves from the opening, The shoe is placed back on the floor and she walks away. I sit and wait, with more lighting I’m able to explore the shoe more, they are obviously old. There’s wear and tear that I imagine she doesn’t even notice and why would she, she isn’t living in them. The number 8 is written on the insole of the shoe I noticed as well as a clear darkening of the insole of where her foot rests. I see other parts of the shoe that are stained red a grim reminder that I am not the first to be tapped in this boot. The remains of frank are drying out and as they do the outline of her toe prints start to shine through. Its weird to be this tiny. The boot feels like a house almost if houses smelled like feet and rotting flesh. There must be a way out, climbing doesn’t seem like it would get me anywhere as the opening is far to high for me to reach and the side of the boot is a slick almost nylon texture. I guess ill just wait.

Day turned to night. I could hear a TV or someone talking maybe in the distance a few times. I wonder if she lives alone or if there are others. So far no one has come in or out of the door and the house is dark now. The lights in whatever room I was left in with the shoes are not on and its just complete darkness now. My nose slightly got used to the smell where it was bearing but now my stomach gurgles for food. How did the last Inchie last so long? Was she feeding him? These thoughts raced through my mind. The only edible thing was the remains of frank and they had already begun to turn so that was ever more so out of the question than before. finally, after thinking and thinking I passed out from exhaustion.

I was awoken with a jolt. My body flew to the toe of the boot. Panicked I realized that this was not my bed in my apartment. I didn’t know where I was and then I saw the black socked foot entering the mouth of the boot. I remember now, I diminished yesterday. Her socked toes scrunched around me as the laces were tied above me. I was back under her toes. I thought that she would’ve talked to me by now possibly, or even acknowledge my existence with something other than her toes. But no, I wasn’t that important clearly. I was to make her shifts more comfortable and more so I was replaceable. She began her drive and it was much the same as it was yesterday, I’m getting used to the pressure more than the day before so I guess that’s nice. She walked into work and I hung desperately to her toes as not to get dislodged and crushed. It was quiet, clearly the place wasn’t open and she was going in early to set up. Though it was hard to hear the outside world through the sock, her foot, and the boot I still could make out a few people talking

“Still got that inchie Kay?” I heard what I thought to be the voice of Shay say.

“Huh? Oh you mean the one I found yesterday, yeah still in my boot” She said lifting her boot up and scrunching her toes around me.

“I have a feeling that this one is at least going to make it through the week, ya know some just fit really nice under the toes and he fits perfect” Kay my captor said. I realized I finally got her name. Kay. I remember seeing it on the schedule but we never worked shifts together.

“Who got a new Inchie?” Said a third unknown female voice.

“The new guy diminished the other day and now Kay has him in her boot” Shay said.

“how come you always find the guys that diminish at work, its so unfair” The unknown voice said

“Calm down Lyds, if you came in on time you would’ve gotten him first” Kay said. The conversation changed to work life and the shift for the day. As Kay walked around more the heat began to rise just like yesterday. Her socks started to get damp and the air was humid. The smell of cheesy feet was all that I cold smell and the fact that it was pitch black in the boot and I couldn’t see heightened my other senses. The noise of the restaurant drowned out really anything I would’ve heard if it was quiet. Kay toes wiggled and scrunched at my tiny form any chance they got. They began to squeeze me, the sock wet and thick in my face. I was being water boarded practically I tried to push back with my arms but this prompted the squeezing to get tighter hurting my already broken arm. I noticed that Kay liked with I squirmed a bit. The toes poked and prodded only when I lay still for too long. If I consistently move then the torrent of toes dies down. She must get some sick pleasure from feeling me wiggle under her toes. It must have been hours by now, at this point I’m covered head to toe in my own sweat and hers, my body is bruised and battered from a day at work. Maybe I should just throw myself under the ball of her foot. Just end this torturous hell, I can’t, I can’t kill myself yet there has to be a way out of here, maybe in a week or a month she will slip up and ill escape, go somewhere nice. Maybe the nearby woods try to find a colony of wild Inchies. There was talks a lot about Inchies that hide in the woods in old tree stumps or abandoned pipes.

Kay finally removed her foot from the boot. It feels like a swamp in here, the air is musty and humid and the heat left from her foot emanated the walls around me, bringing myself to my feet I see that I'm standing in a puddle of sweat, so thirsty and exhausted I lap up as much as I can, Its salty and some tastes like rotting flesh, parts of frank and others who have met there end here must get re-hydrated every day she goes to work and sweats this much. I collapse in the puddle still hungry but my thirst quenched for now. Comparatively in size there must be more water than salt in her sweat right? I at least tell myself this to make the situation seem better. The light coming from the opening of the boot quickly goes out and I jolt up expecting Kays foot but to my surprise its her hand, She places something at the heel of her shoe and I hear the booming of her footsteps getting further and further away. I walk carefully over to the heel to inspect what she left. Its breadcrumbs. A small piece of bread, a crumb to a normally sized person such as Kay but to me it’s a whole loaf maybe even more. Without hesitation I ravage the bread and rip piece after piece eating the entire thing. I feel sick to my stomach I ate so much bread. So this is how frank survived so long. No words get exchanged and besides playing with me under her toes there is no acknowledgement but in some way shape or from she cares for me, wants to keep me alive for as long as possible. Feeding me is a chore she has to do like taking out the trash or doing the dishes. She doesn’t talk to the dishes or trash she just does the task. I am an object to her, my value is tied to how well I keep her distracted at work under her feet. The reality is weighing heavy on my that when I lost my size my value and worth diminished too. I’m barely an Inchie, I’m just a foot toy. Tears streamed down my face, my vision blurry and my body exhausted, I collapsed.
Chapter End Notes:
Please leave a review and let me know what you like and don't like