- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

It's the next morning and the household begins to wake up. Will there be one less person waking up? Will Moira be able to tell Susan the truth? There is a crossroads for the McAlisters, will they all survive it?


This chapter is mostly story building and BTS with what happened to Rick.

Chapter 8: Crossroads

                SM: I woke up to the sun peeking through the curtains. It’s just coming to 7:00am. I sat up gently so as not to wake Moira. She is curled up and cuddling a pillow. She makes me so happy. I look around the room. I can see Moira left the toys out and then I see Rick on the dresser. I remembered what happened last night and I can feel my cheeks getting hotter. I close my eyes and scrunch my nose in embarrassment. I hope Rick doesn’t hold this against me. I finally got out of bed and headed to the bathroom. Hopefully my remodel will be done soon, I miss having my own bathroom.

                As I sit on the toilet, I unleash my bladder. I can’t help but think about the previous night. I can feel my pussy starts to tingle as I remember the escapades. I feel something hit my thigh and I can feel myself start to cry. I’m such a horrible person and a worse mother. I hate myself for what I did. We went too far. I finished going to the bathroom and I headed back to the bedroom. Wondering if what we did was good or not, I enter and can see Moira starting to wake. In a concerned tone I say, “Morning dear, I’ll make breakfast in a minute.”

                MB:  I slowly open my eyes and realize that Susan is already awake and gone. I sit there worried how I’ll break the news to her. I roll over and hang my feet off the side of the bed. I hear Susan say, “Morning dear, I’ll make breakfast in a minute.” She sounds almost remorseful, did she see Rick.

                I turn and address Susan directly. “Love…I need to talk to you.” I begin in a low tone, almost on the verge of tears. “I don’t know how to tell you, but last night, Rick…” I get interrupted.

                “Don’t worry I know. I’m a bit regretful as well.”

                “I’m so sorry Suzy, I didn’t mean to go so hard. I’m sorry…” Again, I’m interrupted. Susan sits down and holds me.

                “It’s not just you that was part of its Moira. I should have had more restraint myself. Ah well, I just hope he isn’t to bothered by it.”

                I’m confused, what does she mean. Maybe she hasn’t realized that Rick is dead. “Love, what do you mean? Rick is….” I can’t finish, I hold my head in my hands.

                Susan gets up and grabs Rick. After looking him over she comes back to the bed with him. “I don’t see anything seriously wrong with him..”

                I look at rick in her hands. I must focus, but I can see him breathing. There are no cuts, and his bones aren’t broken. I am speechless. I was sure Rick was dead. Susan puts rick back in the glass and comes back. “What’s up with you? You’re acting very odd.”

                I grab Susan’s shoulders and I look into her eyes as I say, “I don’t know what happened, but I need to tell you something. Last night when I finished with Rick, he was…dead.” She looks at me like I’m insane. “Please, just listen. I unfortunately went extremely hard on him last night. When I was finished, he was bleeding from multiple wounds that if he was normal size would have needed stitches and his arm and neck were broken. He wasn’t even breathing. Yet, he’s perfectly fine.” I can feel myself getting excited.

                SM:  Unsure of what Moira means, but if she is telling the truth, then that’s incredible. In a concerned tone I tell her, “That doesn’t mean he doesn’t have any psychological issues. I’ll talk to him when he wakes up, for now let him rest.

                We both leave the bedroom and I go downstairs to make breakfast. It’s easy since it’s just the two of us here. I made 4 scotch eggs. Moira smiles warmly as this is a favorite of hers. We sit down to eat. It’s 8:30 before I hear the front door open and I hear, “Mom, we’re home. I picked Lindsey up on my way in” Its Brie and Lindsey.

                “We’re in the kitchen.” I reply.

                “Damn, should have come earlier, this smells amazing.” Brie states as she gives me a light hug.

                They both sit down, and we chat a bit. After catching up with the kids, Brie and Lindsey head to the living room, while Moira helps me clean up. It’s a bit quiet, but all I keep thinking about is what Moira told me.

                I check on Rick throughout the day. I start to get worried as 6pm rolls about and he’s still sleeping. I take his glass into my home office and begin to type up a draft proposal for the next level of trying to get our project going. I can hear Moira playing a video game with the girls. It makes me smile that they get along so well. As I sit there typing I hear a small groan. I look over and see some movement in the glass. I gently picked Rick up and set him down on the desk. I gently stroke his back as I look at him solemnly. I open my mouth, but I find the words hard to come by. All I manage is, “I’m sorry.”

                RM: I woke up and the first thing I noticed is that I’m not in my mom’s bedroom. I groan as my muscles are extremely sore. The last thing I remember is choking on Moira’s fluids. I feel myself getting lifted out of the glass and set down on a hard wooden surface. I noticed it’s my mom’s computer desk and that means I’m in her home office. I feel something gently stroke my back as I hear my mom say, “I’m sorry.”

                This rings hollow to me. They used me to satisfy their urges and for no good reason. I swiped at her finger and look at her. In an angry and irritated tone I yell, “You think sorry is going to fix this shit! You both used me as a fucking toy and didn’t care for my safety. You think just because I’m small you can do with me what you want to. I fucking almost drowned on your fucking fluids and you fell asleep to leave me with that potato fucker. That monster was insane. If God was real I hope he smites your cellulite ass, you certified crazy bitch.” I feel a small quake as my mom slams her fist, but this doesn’t deter me. “You think slamming your fist into the desk will scare me. You already shoved me up your pussy to satisfy your lust. You’re just an unsophisticated bimbo who lets her groin rule her life. You and that neanderthal who doesn’t have a single cell in her body that is intelligent. I’m surprised she hasn’t choked on her own spit and died via drowning, but that’d be too easy for that spud stuffer.”

                As I finish that sentence, I am gripped incredibly hard in her fist, choking off all my air. My mom begins to speak in a harsh tone, “You may hate me for what I did, but you have no right to talk about my lover like that. She has been the best thing to happen in my life. You have been nothing but a miserable bastard since the day you could talk. You have no idea the strain this family has been under or cared for how much we have sacrificed.” I can hear the venom in her voice. She pinches my shoulder between her fingers and continues, “You think that you’re owed everything without giving, it’s time for you to think what you’ve done, and I need to make a decision myself.” As she finishes this she applies a little pressure and I can feel the should shatter. I try to scream in pain but she still has me gripped so hard that no breath can make it in. She stands up and removes her panties and ties them around me making sure they cover my mouth and nose. She ties them tight and throws me in a drawer before saying, “You’ll stay here until I figure out what to do with you.” She slams the drawer shut and I try to yell, but the panties muffle the noise. I am entombed in the warmth of the panties, and it grosses me out. It’s not long before I pass out from the pain.

                SM: Rick smacks my finger away and begins to yell at me, “You think sorry is going to fix this shit! You both used me as a fucking toy and didn’t care for my safety. You think just because I’m small you can do with me what you want to. I fucking almost drowned on your fucking fluids and you fell asleep to leave me with that potato fucker. That monster was insane. If God was real I hope he smites your cellulite ass, you certified crazy bitch.” I slam my fist down on the desk. I can feel my last nerve on the verge of snapping and then it does when he continues, “You think slamming your fist into the desk will scare me. You already shoved me up your pussy to satisfy your lust. You’re just an unsophisticated bimbo who lets her groin rule her life. You and that neanderthal who doesn’t have a single cell in her body that is intelligent. I’m surprised she hasn’t choked on her own spit and died via drowning, but that’d be too easy for that spud stuffer.”

                My fury will not subside, and I grip him hard. I can feel my anger boil up inside me as I unleash my pent-up aggravation on him, “You may hate me for what I did, but you have no right to talk about my lover like that. She has been the best thing to happen in my life. You have been nothing but a miserable bastard since the day you could talk. You have no idea the strain this family has been under or cared for how much we have sacrificed.” I grip his shoulder. He wants to know what fear is. It’s a good time to test Moira’s theory on his regeneration. I grip his shoulders between my fingers as I let my rage consume me, “You think that you’re owed everything without giving, it’s time for you to think what you’ve done, and I need to make a decision myself.” I give a squeeze of my fingers and I can feel his bone shatter. There was absolutely no resistance. I can see him squirm in pain as he attempts to scream, and something scares me. I enjoyed it.

                I stand up and remove my panties from beneath my robe. I wrap them around his body as hard as I can and make sure to cover his mouth. I open a drawer and toss him inside while saying, “You’ll stay here until I figure out what to do with you.” I slam the drawer shut, hoping that he feels even the tiniest bit of fear. I head back to the office to work on my report, hoping to redirect my anger.

                As I write the proposal, I keep thinking about Rick. I don’t think he’ll ever grow up. I mean hell, he was an ungrateful asshole before he shrunk and he remains an ungrateful asshole. Rick has never once treated me or his sisters with any respect. In fact he’s never treated any one of female origin or any male that had feminine tendencies. Before I know it and hour passes and the proposal isn’t any closer to being done. I just keep thinking of the little prick in my drawer.

                I couldn’t help myself; I slowly opened the drawer and see Rick had passed out. I carefully pick him up, so as to not wake him, and I can tell by the feel that his shoulder is already healing itself. It’s remarkable. That’s it, I take Rick to my bedroom and toss him into my nightstand drawer. I’ve made my decision.

                Narrator: At this exact moment, what was happening to Rick’s body was beyond anyone’s comprehension. Well, maybe except for those that dies at the Mirai lab. You see, when the incident happened, there were three things that mixed into his blood that would have dire consequences for the young man. The first was known as Dyluphlorine (Die-loo-flow-rine). This was a chemical patented by Biotech and was a step in prolonging life. You see when a cell splits, it loses a bit of the DNA that makes up a body, this is what causes aging. Dyluphlorine, better known as Longevity by the lab, would latch onto the body’s cells and copy the DNA strands five times over. When a cell splits, Longevity would be there to help inject code that the cells would lose. The experiments that followed showed that around 250ml was enough to completely coat the cells in adults. Rick had 2.5 gallons (9.46L) spilled on him and about a third of a gallon (2.84L) or more than 11 times the regular dosage was absorbed by Rick.

                The second was known as Zithropifal (Zee-throp-e-fall). This chemical was more passive. It helped store energy for cell usage. This was produced in pill form, in a diluted state, for use by soldiers in the field. This was meant to help them conserve energy for when they were on long covert missions. The pill diluted the formula to 1part per million. This would help reduce the needed food intake by about 15%. The pure liquid form that Rick absorbed was almost 100 times higher.

                Last, but definitely not least and the most troublesome were the nanites. A project undertaken by the Mirai lab; this was a government sanctioned product. The nanites had 3 objectives. The first was to help soldiers withstand the stress of being tortured. The second was to help strengthen their bodies so they could do more, better , faster. The third was to supply healing benefits that could potentially replace the first aid soldiers had to carry. Testing in smaller animals proved successful and even did things beyond what the government wanted, including increasing the fight for survival. They, however, couldn’t get them to do much in full-grown adults besides helping with headaches. They were labeled a failure and were to be discarded.

                When all three of these mixed into Rick’s blood, they did something incredible. The computers in the nanites, supplied by the power in the Zithropifal, they came up with the idea that compacting his size would be the best for him. So, it began to shrink him. Over the next few days the computers inside kept whirling away and kept trying to find the optimal size for him. When he first shrunk it was a few inches whit how we normally measure him, but that wasn’t the case. Some of his body was shrunken more than others. By the time the nanites figured out what they were doing, he had shrunk to 5” (12.7cm) tall. Unfortunately, the nanites never saved his original height, but now it was classified as 5”.

                From that point on the nanites would help be powered by the Zithropifal and Longevity would replace the normal cell division, helped by the nanites inserting a program to recall the exact data copied. As Rick faced new terrors it would help him with breathing, seeing in pitch black and even curing death. He was all but immortal. As he lives on, more things will become known. Even though these were supposed to help his survival, they are going to make him live some dire circumstances. It’s too bad that he wasn’t a better person.

Chapter End Notes:

Oh boy, I bet Rick wished his father had a better grasp on what was in storage at Mirai. What decision did Susan come to? This will be revealed in Chapter 9: A New Dynamic.