- Text Size +

It was the three jocks. Brody, Derek and Paul. They had been walking in the park too and moving towards them. It was rare that they ever gave Adam and Marty trouble when they were together, given that they were cowards that liked to pick on the nerdy kids only when they were completely outnumbered.

“Well, well, well, it’s Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum” Brody exclaimed, his two goons laughing as they trailed behind.

Marty, being the more confident of the two boys, even though he wasn’t particularly confident generally took stand. “We don’t want any trouble Brody. You go enjoy your day and let us enjoy ours.”

The jocks came closer. They reeked of marijuana. It wasn’t even midday yet either. Better they stink like potheads than smell like boozers, Adam thought. They didn’t want them impulsive and violent.

“Guess you’re drawing those weird giant woman pictures with your dipshit little friend, aren’t you Marty?” Brody said, pointing to Adam. “Little shrimp would never get some unless it was with someone into the same freaky crap.” Adam was the shortest of the five young men, standing at only 5’4. Maybe that played a role in the psychology of the fetish. He wasn’t sure.

Well, if you two losers must know we’re actually looking for my dad. He’s been missing since yesterday. We’re worried that someone jumped him over some money he owed.” It wasn’t normal for Brody to be sharing things like this with them. Clearly, he was emotionally compromised, but still trying to hide it by picking on them.

Marty showed concern. He couldn’t imagine the idea of anyone in his family disappearing. Adam, having been beaten up by the jocks less than 24 hours before was less open to feeling sorry for him.

Brody sighed. “Well, we don’t have time to waste.” He handed Marty a missing person poster. It read:


MISSING SINCE TUESDAY MARCH 24
BEN SULLIVAN
49 YEARS OLD
5’9, 202 POUNDS
PLEASE CALL THIS NUMBER IF YOU SEE THIS MAN OR KNOW OF HIS WHEREABOUTS.

Adam looked at the details. The place he was last seen wasn’t far from Cindy’s practice. The jocks then moved on.

“Poor kid.” Marty said. It was the first time Adam had seen his express any pity for an asshole like Brody. After the boys walked a few minutes longer, talking about Adam’s fantasy, his schoolwork, college and his depression they decided that he better go home and start dealing with it all.

“I’ll call Cindy’s office. I’ll make an appointment soon. Maybe she’ll know how to make me happy. Maybe she’ll know what I’m supposed to do with my life.”

Marty gave his friend a pat on the back before leaving him at his car. He was a true pal.

Adam was home. He sat down and dialed Cindy’s practice’s number.
“Hey, I’d like to move my next appointment with Cindy closer if possible.”
Cindy’s assistant Annie was on the other end of the line. “You called at just the right time, Adam. One of Cindy’s clients has cancelled all his appointments. Does Friday afternoon at 4:00pm work for you?”

“That’s perfect. See you then.” Adam replied. He felt very lucky getting that spot. He could drive there right after school.

He couldn’t wait to see the woman he loved again. He couldn’t wait for her show him what his future was meant to be.


Chapter End Notes:

Please consider becoming a patron to access the rest of the story (that was written) now. Additional chapters of this story will be re-released to the public over time, but if you wanted to access it all it's available on Patreon. Hope you have enjoyed it. One day I want to write a new version of the story and make it even better.

https://www.patreon.com/wookiewizard