- Text Size +
1.     : All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. 

Zoe and family

"Just another boring day of high school." Zoe muttered.

"Maybe for you, but I find it challenging." Betty muttered.

"I'm not saying that it doesn't have its challenges. But other than the course load, it's the same old thing over and over again. I'm getting board."

"If you bored, come over to my place for some love making."

Zoe and Betty groaned. Big Jim was blocking their path. At 6'4" he towered over most of the girls in school and was eight inches taller than Zoe.

"Get lost Jim. We not interested in your charms." Betty told Jim her voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Come on I always wanted to make love to a brunette and a blond at the same time. " Jim pleaded. (Author note: Zoe is the brunette, Betty is the blond)

"Must be nice being 6'4" Your get to bully anyone you want. Wish I was that tall." As soon as the words were out of Zoe's mouth she began to grow. At first Zoe though the room was shrinking, then she realized she was growing clothes and all. Within seconds she was looking Jim in the eye. And for the first time in her life she had to look down at Betty. (Betty used to be three inches taller than her)

"What the? How did you do that?" Jim asked.

"I'm not sure." Zoe replied.

"I wish I was as tall as big Jim." Betty muttered. To her disappointment she didn't grow an inch.

"Why isn't it working for me?" Betty asked.

"I don't know." Zoe replied. She then started walking toward the exit.

"Hey! Your class is that way." Betty cried.

"Forget class, there's an experiment I want to try." Zoe replied.

 

Zoe walked out of the building ignoring the stares of the people who knew her.  Once she was 40 feet away from the building, she stopped walking.

"I wish I was 50 feet tall." Zoe muttered to herself.

 

To her delight she began to grow again. Taller and taller she became until she was 50 feet tall.  A crowd of students and teachers gathered around her feet. Then the principal showed up.

"Ms. Baker I demand that you return to class." He demanded.

"I would, but I'm too big to fit into the building." Zoe replied.

"Shrink back to your normal size at once." He ordered.

"I don't think so. In fact I want to be even bigger."

To her school mates dismay she started growing again. She started walking toward downtown, getting bigger with every step. When she was 200 feet tall, she decided she was big enough.

 

Susan was watching the news when a special news bulletin came on. To Susan's dismay her daughter was on the news. She was downtown and had the mayor in the palm of her hand, literally.

"Oh no!" Susan moaned. Then she reached for the phone.

"Mike? It's Susan. Turn on the TV news. Looks like what we hoped won't happen happened."

 

After a few hours of hanging around downtown Zoe decided to head home. Being 200 feet tall it just took a few moments to walk from downtown to her house. Then she noticed that she was now a lot bigger than her house.

"Nuts, wish I was small enough to fit inside." Zoe muttered to herself.

Zoe then found herself shrinking. Within moments she was back to normal size.

"Wonder if I can still grow?" Zoe wondered. As an experiment she willed herself to grow to ten feet tall. To her relief she quickly grew to ten feet in height.

"All right!" Zoe cried. She then shrank herself to normal height, and went inside her home.

 

Zoe found her parents wanting for her inside the house.

"Zoe! We need to talk." Were the first words out of Susan Baker mouth.

"Yes! We need to talk. There are going to be a few changes around here." Zoe replied.

"True, but they won't be the changes you have in mind." Mike Baker replied.

"Did you see me on the news?"

Both parents nodded.

"Then you know I can become an unstoppable giantess any time I chose." To make her point, Zoe started to grow clothes and all. Within seconds she had grown from 5'8" to 6'10".

"No body can stop me?" Zoe rant died in her mouth when she saw both her parents were growing.  Seconds later they had matched her in height.

"What! How?" Zoe asked.

"Looks like you inherited your size changing powers from us." Susan commented.

"Either that, or the stranger visited you in your sleep." Mike added.

"Will someone tell me what's going on?" Zoe asked.

"Have a seat. It's time to let you in on the family secret." Mike Baker.

Zoe tried sitting on one of the chairs but it collapsed under her weight. "Think we better shrink back to normal size for this." Susan commented.

 

Seconds later all three family members were back to normal size and sitting around the kitchen table.

 

"Our story begins 25 years ago when we were your age." Mike began.

"We were living next door to each other. But we didn't know each other. But even then I had a crush on your father." Susan continued.

"But I didn't know it at the time, at least not until that night when the stranger arrived."

"Who is this stranger?" Zoe asked.

"We're not sure." Mike replied. "I remember the night well. I was asleep when I heard a voice.

 

"Wake up Mike."

 

Mike woke up and was surprised to see a short man in his bedroom. He had glasses on and had a moustache as well.

 

"Who the heck are you?" Mike asked.

 

"Call me Stranger." The stranger replied.

 

"A wise guy huh. You got one moment to get out of my house or I'll call the cops."

 

"I'll leave. But first I'll give you the power to change your size at will. You'll be able to grow to the size of a skyscraper or shrink to the size of an ant. Or be any size in-between."

 

"Mom, dad, there's a loony bin escapee in my room."

 

"You're wasting your time, they can't hear you. Before I go, I'll give you a tip. Your clothes will also change size with you. Good luck Mike."

 

"Then he disappeared, probably to one of his other stops that night. "

 

"Other stops?" Zoe asked.

 

"As far we know he visited four people on our world that night. But it was long time before we found that out. Anyway I was one of his stops. Like Mike I was asleep when he arrived.

 

"Wake up Susan."

 

Susan opened her eyes and was surprised to see a man in her bedroom. He had glasses on and had a moustache to. Susan then started screaming.

 

"I'm not here to hurt you." The stranger said.

 

"Yeah right. Mom, dad, call 911. Your favourite daughter is under attack."

 

'They can't hear you. Besides I'm here to give you a gift. You now have the power to change your size at will. You can grow to the size of a skyscraper or shrink to the size of an ant or be any size in-between. And your clothes will change size with you."

 

"Why would anyone want to shrink to the size of an ant?" Susan asked.

 

"Some people like that sort of thing. Good night Susan and good luck." The stranger then vanishes in front of Susan's eyes.

 

"Unlike Mike, I didn't go back to sleep. I decided to check my new powers out. The first thing I did was grow to eight feet in height. Then I shrank to two inch in height. Satisfied that I could really change size at will, I grew myself back to normal size and headed next door to show Mike."

 

"Here I was just getting back to sleep, when I hear the roof being ripped off the house. Then I see a 50-foot woman looking down at me."

"I figured it was better to show him than tell him. Besides I had seen the movie "Attack of the 50-foot woman" a few days before, so I wanted to see what if was like." Susan explained.

"Anyway it took me a moment to recognize Susan. Then she spoke to me."

"Hi Mike. Guess what? I can change size at will."

"He visited you too?" I replied. Then my parents showed up. They wanted answers.

"I along with Susan was visited by a stranger who gave us the power to change size at will." I told them. To demonstrate I then grew until I was 10 feet tall. You should have seen the look on your mother's face, not to mention my parents' faces.

Susan shrugged and said. "I never dreamt that others would be given the same power."

It was long before the sounds of sirens filled the air, so Susan replaced the roof and shrank back to normal size."

"Didn't feel like a confrontation with the police. Not when I wasn't sure of the extent of my power."

"How come you never told me about size stuff this before?" Zoe asked.

"We were hoping you would turn out normal." Mike explained.

"Having a power isn't all fun and games." Susan added.

 

"Strongly disagree with you. Why can't size changing be fun?"

"It can. But to quote Spider man, "with great power comes great responsibility". Mike replied.

"You have the power to do great good and great harm." Susan added.

"You mentioned four stops. Do you know the other two?"

"Oh yeah! They are my older brother Arnold and your mother sister, Trish." Mike replied.

"Aunt Trish and Uncle Arnold have size powers? No way!"

"It's true. They were at university at the time. We eventually found out they were visited the same night we were."

"It's an interesting story. They were going to the same university yet they had never met each other."

"At least until Trish became a mega giantess."

"When did that happen?"

"The day after she was visited by the stranger. It all started when her roommate slept through the encounter. She wasn't happy when Trish woke her up. They got into a fight and Trish ended up demonstrating her growth powers. Growing from 5'4" to 64" This wetted her appetite for more. So the next morning she went out and grew and grew. Finally stopping at around 500 feet tall."

"500 feet! How big can we get?" Zoe asked.

"Our height limit is 1000 feet tall." Susan replied.

"Meanwhile other than adding a few inches to his height, Arnold was just minding his own business. Then he saw Trish."

"At 500 feet tall, she was kind of hard to miss."

"He realized that she also had the power to grow at will. He decided to get her attention by growing to her height."

"It got her attention all right. They had a talk and became friends. Later they got married and had kids."

 

"What about their kids? Can they change size at will as well?"

"That's a good question. I don't know." Susan replied.

"Speaking of good questions how about this? If mega giantesses and mega giants showed up in the recent past, how come the world doesn't know about them?" Zoe asked.

Suddenly two men appeared in the living room. They were European and were dressed in white suits.

"That's the reason." Mike replied.

"Zoe, meet the men in white."

"We were hoping our services would not be needed." The first man in white commented.

"And what exactly are your services?" Zoe asked.

"We cover up the existence of magic." The first man in white replied.

"Size changing magic to be exact." The second added.

"What ever for?" Zoe asked.

"Maybe living the consequences of your actions will answer your question." Before Zoe could ask for an explanation, the two men disappeared.

The sound of police sirens then filled the air.

"They won't dare arrest me." Zoe muttered.

But seconds later police men and women burst through the door. Zoe then had a forest of guns pointed at her.

"Zoe Baker you are under arrest. Attempt to grow and you will be shot."

"Please tell me I'm bullet proof."

Her parents sadly shook their heads.

"Nuts!" Zoe cried as they placed the handcuffs on her.

 

"This is just great." Zoe muttered to herself. She was sitting in a jail cell. The walls were made of concrete so growing was out. The bars in the front of the cell were made of solid steel and very close together. Zoe was on the verge of shrinking to a tiny size and walking through the bars when the guard showed up with a visitor.  To Zoe's surprise the visitor was a four star army general.

 

"Leave us." the general told the guard.

"But sir."

"This is a matter of national security. You don't have the clearance."

With great hesitation the guard left.

"Let me introduce myself. I am General Davis. I'm in charge of size changing projects. I got an offer you can't refuse."

"What kind of offer?"

"I want you to work for us as a secret agent. Work for us and I'll have the men in white erase your criminal record. "

"You're in league with the men in white?"

"We have a working relationship. There is some much you can do to serve your country. But don't just take my word for it; ask one of our size agents for yourself."

He then took out a box from his pocket. Then he opened it, to Zoe's surprise a tiny woman then emerged. Once clear from the box she grew to six inches in height. Then Zoe recognized her.

"Beverly? Is that you?"

"Hi cousin. I heard you’re a member of the size club."

"It's a club with more members than I ever imagined."

"Well working for the government you'll be to use your powers all the time. Have exciting adventures in this world and beyond."

"But I would be under the government's thumb."

"It's not so bad. I'm been working for them for couple years now."

"It’s your decision Zoe. Will you serve your country?"

 

"Do I have a choice?" Zoe asked.

"You could become a fugitive from justice. Be on the run all the time." General Davis replied.

"Trust me you want me as a friend not an enemy." Beverly added.

 

Suddenly everything froze and a man in white showed up.

"Another opinion is to agree to have a low profile and the events of this afternoon and evening will never have happened."

"A low profile means I couldn't use my size changing powers in public."

"That is correct."

"I rather join the military than have a low profile."

"Very well." He waved his hand. General Davis and Beverly then came back to life.

"Mr. A what are you doing here?" General Davis asked.

"Just having a private conversion with Zoe. She has something to tell you." The man in white replied.

"I decided to join the military."

"Excellent. You made the right decision." The General then turned to Mr. A.

"Do your stuff Mr. A"

Mr. A waved his hand and suddenly Zoe found herself back home. She was sitting at the kitchen table with the general and her parents. Two men in white were also present."

"As far as the police and the townspeople are concerned the events of this afternoon and this evening never happened." One the men in white told her parents.

"Not too trilled to see you General Davis." Susan commented.

"Nice to see you to. You know there is still a place in the military for you and your husband."

"Thanks but no thanks we rather have a low profile. Say your not recruiting our daughter are you?" Mike asked.

"I am joining with my own free will. I refuse to have a low profile." Zoe replied.

"You’re only sixteen. You’re too young."

"Zoe is a special girl. Besides it's not like she'll be working for the military all the time. She'll still go to school and stuff."

"Nuts I was hoping I won't have to." Zoe commented.

"Think of it of as having a secret identity. That's how Beverly does it."

"Our niece is working for the military." Mike and Susan shouted in unison.

"She has been for a couple of years now." The general replied.

 "I'm concerned that you don't realize what type of enemies we have." Susan pleaded.

"With the military's help I'm sure I can handle any human threat." Zoe replied.

"It's the non human threats like the sizechangers I'm worried about."

"The who?" Zoe asked.

"They are a race of Size changing aliens from another universe." Mike replied.

"For some reason they don't like us." Susan added.

"Well thanks to the men in white I doubt news of my existence will reach them."

 

Some time later in another universe.

"So Zoe Baker has inherited her parents abilities."

"To my surprise. Looks like you win the bet Mistar."

"Feel like settling some old scores Deborah?"

"I don't know."

"Come on. It's been ages since we did anything as sisters."

"What do you have in mind?"

 

the end for now

See the story "zoe vs mistar" for what happens next.