- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


Eventually Meadlowe said farewell to Ela, who was preparing to leave.

"Meadlowe, can you put me down, so that I can see Ela out to the door?" he asked.

Meadlowe did so.

He ran out behind Ela and called to her.

She turned and knelt down.

"Well it's only a matter of waiting now, Ela."

"Yes, but think carefully about it tomorrow. I will not be disappointed in you if you are too afraid to go through with it and don't show up."
"I'll turn up Ela. I promise."

"Well here's something to remember until you do."

She picked him up, opened her mouth, held his feet and dangled him into her open mouth, swishing her tongue against him. Then she took him out, rubbed him on her shirt to dry him and said, "There, now are you having any second thoughts?"

"They're every bit as enthusiastic as the first thoughts, darling giant Ela."

"Thank you" she said, before putting him down. She rose and walked away. He watched her graceful movements until she was out of sight.

Once all of the other guests had left, he said "May I stay the night, until I go to meet Ela at ten o'clock?"
"Certainly," said Meadlowe, “I’ll take you there myself.”

"It has all worked out wonderfully. She wants to eat me, and she thinks I agreed to it out of kindness and generosity."
"That's terrific. I saw you two getting on well together."

The next day he reached Ela’s doorstep at 9:55. She opened the door at 10:00, towering over him beautifully.

"Come on in darling" she said, closing the door when he had gotten out of its way.

She walked slowly towards the table, letting him follow from behind. Then she served up a morning tea meal and offered him small helpings, having seated him on the top of the table.

After the meal she sat sideways on the couch and talked with him for a while, cuddled him to each of her cheeks and to her neck. She stroked his hair with her fingertip, and then let him ride on her shoulder holding her hair.

"We still have half an hour until 12 o'clock."

"Could we play hide and seek? You'll soon find me and then you can cook me."
"I'll make sure of that" she giggled "Alright, run and hide."

At 12 o'clock she put him in the baked Alaska in the oven and sat in front of it licking her lips and smiling. At 12:30 she took him to the table and sat down. She broke baked Alaska off with her hand and ate it. She soon picked him up and licked him clean. Then she held him in front of her mouth.

"Did you want to say any last things to me?"

"Thank you for the best day of my life. That's all."

"Thank you darling. I am proud of you that you kept your word completely. I didn't think you really intended to go through with it, and now without any further delays I shall gobble you all up for my supper."

In a story of this length, one must consider that there are limits to how many ways one can describe what happened next.