- Text Size +

One of Sandra Corlani’s year 12 science students was not one of her time travel students as well, as he didn’t want to commit one of his afternoons after school to more study. He also didn’t have any significant feelings for Miss Corlani. One afternoon, he was walking through the school grounds, on his way home after school, when he suddenly found himself in the transparent chamber of some gigantic device, in a giant room, with a now gigantic Miss Balfour sitting in front of the gigantic device, apparently operating it. She was wearing a long patterned skirt, and a dark green jumper with a round neck at the top.

She took him out and set him on the table. The feel of her soft fingers had been pleasant, as she had picked him up, and the sight of her full shapely lips at giant size was more beautiful than everything else he’d ever seen in his life.

“Miss Balfour!” he said.

“It’s nice to see you again, Lyman.”

“So this is where you went, when you left the school for the last time, wherever here is.”

“I used a device I’d invented to enlarge myself to giant size and moved into this house. Miss Woodfield recently introduced me to your new science teacher Miss Corlani. I was interested in the time projector she invented, and its recall setting. I adapted the technology to create this machine you’ve just arrived in. It’s an extremely long range teleporter, capable of even bridging the dimensional rift between Ireland and this giant land. So you see, with it I was able to instantly teleport you here, as soon as I had you tuned in on the view screen.”

“I’m so glad you did. I’ve always loved you, Miss Balfour. I really missed you, when you left the school.”

“Lots of young men have loved me,” said Miss Balfour, “And all of them were very tasty meals. I’ll do my best to make it worth your while first. Then I’ll give you time to hide in the garden, before I come and look for you and chase you until I catch you. After that, you’ll have as long as it takes to prepare you for my dinner. There’s a portal in the garden, and one other in a neighbouring garden. If you make it to either one, by all means use it. However, you do so with the knowledge that I’ll just teleport you back here from Ireland and start the chase all over again.”

Colleen spent an hour kissing him, and it took her about as long to find and catch him in the garden, before she took him to the kitchen and prepared and enjoyed her meal.

She could now bring anyone from the village to her giant home, with no chance of being found out. To the giant Colleen, any of them was as good as a leprechaun. In fact, they were better.

Nobody in the village could explain the extraordinairy number of male disappearances, along with Colleen’s absence, and nobody turned up any clues at all.