- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


20 year old Chad was at his university ball. He did not have a girlfriend. So he wondered how the evening would pan out. After the meal, a lady got up from the table and walked over to him. She was 35 and very beautiful. She told him her name was Jillian.

She had medium length dark hair and wore a green t-shirt and long black skirt.

"Would you like to dance with me?" she asked, as other couples got up to dance.

"Yes, thank you," he said, "If your husband won't mind."

"I'm not married," she said, "I came here to meet you."

"Really?" he asked, "Why me, if we've never met before?"

She put her arms around him in and rested her body against his, and kissed him.

"To me, we have met before. Tonight you will time travel back a few years, and meet my younger self. You will do something, which will give her a great deal of pleasure. That's why I wanted to come to your formal, and meet you."

"So what do I do for you in the past?" he said, somewhat incredulous.

"It's best if I don't say for now. You'll find out, when it happens."

"Alright. I'll have to take your word for it. Time travel sounds so hard to believe, especially when I don't know the first thing about how to do it."

"It will happen, rest assured. Are you enjoying the dancing?"

"Yes, it's nice."

She held him a little tighter to express her appreciation of the compliment.

"Would you like to walk in the gardens with me?"

"Alright," he said.

She held hands with him, and led him out to the gardens. They walked to a secluded scenic lamplit spot, and sat beside each other on a seat.

She took his hand and ran his finger over her lower lip.

"Thank you," she said at last, and hugged him, "I should go now. You'll meet my younger self soon. I had slightly shorter hair."

"I can't imagine what I could have done to make you so happy."

"It'll make sense, when you arrive in the past. It may be hard to believe, but just accept what I know to have already happened for me. Goodbye, dear friend."

"How will I get to the past?"

"Don't worry about that. It'll happen when the time comes."

Chad was not one of the students of Sandra Forlani’s time travel class. In fact, he hadn’t even gone to the same school. However, there had been so much time travel activity from the techniques used by those who had, that a temporary time rift had opened, one that was unknown to Chad or Sandra or any of her students. It was about to take its course on Chad. Even Jillian didn’t know that this was how the time travel of Chad would come about. She only knew that it would.

She stood up, and walked away. He watched her walk along the path and out of sight.

He thought for half an hour about how he might get into the past. Then he gave up worrying and started walking along the path, and then he noticed that there was a lot of mist and fog.