- Text Size +

Chapter 14

“I have been taken…by force,” I cried, “WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME!!!!????” No response. For what seems like days I have been trapped in her moist hands…It is my prison. “What if she kills me?” I asked myself, “She could if she wanted to.” “Nobody should have the kind of power she has…It is unfair…I-I,” I whispered to myself, “I cannot do anything…s-she is a god...I am powerless…” A soft voice from above said in sadness, “Please don’t think ill if me…I promise you I am only doing this for your own good.” “I suppose you could have killed me already…but you have to see this from my eyes…I have never met you and on top of that you are thousands of times my size...You could do anything you want to me and I’d be helpless to stop you.” I could hear her beginning to cry and in a girly whimper she said, “How could you say that; I love you and you love me…” “How could I love a person I have never, let alone someone with your size!” Louder crying.

 Something popped in my gut and I was forced to say, “I am sorry, you are very pretty and seem nice enough but well…I am sure you will meet a very lucky man someday.” “B-but I love you and only you! Please remember me,” she cried in despair. “I cannot…But you seem earnest,” I told her, “I believe you...but I don’t remember anything before today...except my name.” My eyes began to water I felt like I was dying. “I-I can’t remember anything!!!!!” I had to let it all out; all my frustration. There was no feeling worse than this…I had no identity, without a life to remember I was simply a shell with a name tagged on. Suicidal thought began to creep into me. The unfortunate reality was that even the town doctor could not help me. “I am sorry lass but this poor lad, we cannot do anything for him…I doubt even you could heal him…” But she did not release me. When the movement stopped I found myself sitting upon her knee (she was leaning against a mountain).

My captor was the pinnacle of beauty, everything was perfect; too perfect to even begin to describe. “Anything you want to eat?” she asked me nicely, rebounding me out of thought “Whatever, just let me go,” I responded. Huge dark pink eyes fell upon me like the angry, all-knowing sight of a god…but these eyes weren’t angry, they were gentle and caring as could be. A baby’s face surrounded these eyes…and revealed what was in the heart of sorrow. A reflection of me, cast in two crimson mirrors… that a with small amount tears became rippled…Tears traveled down and increased in size as they went, so that by the time they reached my level they had transformed into a raging waterfalls.

This goddess had to love me to show emotion so strongly…I had to remember her, she was all I had. “It is futile don’t you see,” a voice in my mind said. But this didn’t stop me from trying even harder. The answer was in front of me, a silhouette that was most definitely the maiden…A shock hit my mind, preventing me from remembering anything except the first letter of her name. And something else…The envelope I opened, and had since disposed, contained something…something that shrouded my memory in blankets of fog. The suicidal thoughts became stronger. The more I attempted to remember, the more I would feel pain and my lips and tongue would get dry.

My voice… “TOnGue sO hArd tO cOntrOl,” I forced out at her. “Hubert what is happening?” she managed to ask me. “………” “Why can’t I speak??” I asked myself. “You are pathetic, just die,” the voice told me, “You don’t even exist, you are NOTHING!!!” “That’s not true!” Long silence followed by more voice, “Speak your name…do it!” “My name…” I told the voice is, “I-I-I am Hub---!!!!” That was it, my life had to end, my name was gone, there was no reason left. “Hubert…please,” the goddess said closing her eyes to grip her tears; my chance! As fast as I could and without any self pity left I ran towards the edge and leaped. The air blew around me, massaging my body in a familiar way (a memory that I could not remember but my body could); with all my will and a smile on my face I forced out three words, “I love you.”

Chapter End Notes:

I was listening to this while I wrote this chapter:

http://www.playlist.com/searchbeta/tracks#blood%20meat

First song; please tell my if there are any places in need of correction.