- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hope you like it.

Chapter 11

As I approached the mountain a strange feeling bubbled in my stomach, Terra was definitely hiding something. Gigantic footsteps sunken deep into the ground led me straight to her; but something was not right. Terra was holding something in her hands, I thought for a moment it was another dragon like before (which was fine as long as she did not torture it) but it wasn’t, it was a little man. After I made this realization I quickly hid behind the nearest boulder and watched with a fairly good idea of what was in store for him…I feared the worst. Terra in all her caramel beauty was leaning against the mountain, legs crossed, staring intently at the pleading man on her palm. “Please, don’t kill me!” he begged, “I have a family.” Terra however, was too busy licking her lips with a slobbering tongue to be concerned. “Hmm look very tasty!” she said in an aroused voice then she pointed at her stomach, “yummy in my tummy.” Somehow, she enjoyed telling the man what his fate would be; it truly shocked me how cruel she could be when she was hungry, but part of her didn’t want to be cruel…

Soft whimpering and tears poured down her cheeks, “Terra is a monster…she enjoys making pain.” The man stood on the palm of the crying goddess with a strange expression. “Terra very sorry but hungry…” she boomed, “Terra sorry, so sorry, need to eat… Terra make suffer very little, I promise.” The man was crying, “please I can’t die…my son is dying if I die…surely he will.” Terra’s crying increased, “p-please don’t cry…don’t make it harder, Terra has to do this.” Slowly she stopped crying and brought her hand up to sparkling lips that said sadly, “this the way it has to be.” A screaming man was put between her lips and gently slurped in. She waved her left hand and brought it with force onto her lips; reluctantly she spit the man onto it. “T-Terra can’t do it! Must not do it…” Her gaze was still hungry and focused on the slimy man in her hand. “Terra sorry…I not eat you” she told him as her head turned to look away, “so yummy…but.” The man sat in her palm shivering in globs of sticky saliva. Terra looked at the man once more and wiping her tears said, “Terra very sorry, I-I can cure your son, Terra can do it, promise, you forgive Terra”

The man’s whimpering abruptly halted, “you can?” “Yes I do for sorry.” She responded then called out, “Hubert! Terra know you there, come out.” My heart almost stopped, she knew all along. Slowly I withdrew from the rough boulder I hid behind. Without a word she scooped me in her right hand and headed to town. At the town entrance a group of rough-looking guards stood at her feet and yelled up, “stop monster, our town will not be destroyed by the likes of you!” Holding in my laughter was hard, these specks of man were trying to stop a goddess that towered thousands of feet above them; but she wasn’t laughing.

She was crying, “why I monster?” she asked sadly, “Terra hurt, I do nothing…You hurt me, why? Please…believe Terra, I not monster.” My heart began to race, despite her size someone managed to severely hurt the love of my life, “you are the monsters!!” I yelled angrily, “all she does is love and all you bastards do is hate! She is different, but all she wants is love…from me…and from all of you! I’m certain that if she is accepted, despite her size she can help us, I give my word she does not hurt others, even when blinded by hunger!! All she wants is love…” Everyone in the town stood dumbfounded; for several minutes an eerie silence remained in the air. The man in her other hand declared, “I believe him! This gigantic woman is an angel. Yes she almost had me for dinner but which of you in her shoes wouldn’t? In fact any one of you would be abusing her power, destroying and killing…And despite her power and despite her hunger she spared me...and sincerely apologized, would any of you hold their hunger and thirst like this woman has!?” Following with him I added, “I have been with her for weeks now and I am still alive. Truthfully my life was put in danger by one of my own, a human who attempted to take it but failed thanks to the her efforts. It is true she needs flesh to live but despite some close calls she has never eaten a human, she trully deserves better than the hate you all give her.”

Terra pleaded in a babyish voice, “please, don’t hate Terra, me not hurt any of you, I promise.” The townspeople stood quiet. “Let the lass amongst us, she nothin’ but an overgrown kitten!” yelled a familiar voice. Voices from townspeople erupted “Yeah let her” “Let the poor dear” “If she is hungry, we will share” “Come on she’s a cutie pie!” “Poor girl she has no clothes I am sure she’s cold” As the voices continued Terra’s eyes began to glow from happiness, “Oh, Thank you, Thank you Terra promise be very nice to everyone!” The guards had been lost, unwillingly they grunted, “Fine! You can be around but not in (she was basically the size of half the town so there was no way she could fit), but one broken building and you’re out of here!”

The man on the other hand said, “let us hope we can trust her, my first meeting was not pleasant…but I understand she needs food, Terra!” “Yes?” she answered. “Take some time and look around, but keep some distance, unfortunately even though we would let you in well…” “Terra understand” she said, “but me hungry.” “I am the mayor, don’t worry will prepare some but unfortunately we could only provide food for someone of your size once, after today you will have to find your own...” he said. “Kay, me understand” “Alright then but you will still help my son right?” “Yes me do it, promise.” “I trust you.” I stared into my goddess’ happy face. For a brief second my eye caught sight of a strangely similar phenomenon, a dark aura left her just as it did me. My mind raced at possible theories as to what the aura was but I did not want to ruin Terra’s happy moment so I kept quiet, wondering to myself.
Chapter End Notes:
Wont be long till everything is revealed.