- Text Size +
I know what you're thinking. An X-Men fan fiction, Really?

I can't help it though. the story will keep bugging me until I write it, so enjoy.

Disclaimer
The characters used in this story are property of Marvel comics. This story is for entertainment purposes only and may not be sold.

Uncanny Unaware

sm unaware vore soul theft mild poo reference

It was a lazy day at Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters (one of very few I assure you.) Professor Xavier's star pupils, the X-Men, were enjoying some much needed R&R. Of course, some people prefer recreation to relaxation.

"come on Varren" Nightcrawler yelled over his shoulder,"Ve aren't even in ze danger room yet and you already can't keep up,"

"How's this for keeping up?" Angel asked as he picked up speed and rushed by Nightcrawler. This was part of the game of course. They always raced to be the one to set up the program. Just as Angel was a foot away from the touchscreen panel a puff of sulferic smoke gagged him. Nightcrawler had teleported in front of him and pushed the button.

"No Fair Kurt, we aren't supposed to use our powers until we actually get inside the danger room,"

Before Nightcrawler could answer the computer warmed up

INITIALIZING TRAINING EXCERCISE ANGELS AND DEMONS

"Ready?" Angel asked.

"Vy do I alvays play ze demon?" Nightcrawler said twitching his tail in annoyance.

Angel wordlessly dropped his jacket and unfurled his white wings. His body took on a glow from the cieling lights reflecting of the brilliant white feathers.

"Oh yea, that" Nightcrawler said.

The door opened with a woosh and they stepped in.

"Does it bother you that much Kurt?" Angel asked.

"I don't know," Nightcrawler said, head down, "I guess vonce in a vile I vould like to be ze angel,"

"I didn't know it was such a problem for you," Angel said, "Tell you what, today we'll change things up. How's that sound?"

Nightcrawler smiled as the door closed. Neither of them saw the sparks comming from the control panel.

They had been running the exercise for almost an hour now. Most of the trap doors had opened revealing flame pits and the turrets on the cloud platforms were almost out of arrows.

"I think we should call it a day," Angel said, "Computer, end sequence,"

ENNNDIING SEEQUEE the deep and overly slowed down voice cut off before it could finish. A sound much like a tape reel rewinding filled the air. INITIALIZING PYM ULTRON EXERCISE

"Vat?" Nightcrawler said, "Did you do zat Varren?"

Before Angel could respond a beam of red light hit both of them and the room expanded, or at least that's what it looked like to them.

POWER LIMIT REACHED FOR THE DAY POWER SAVE MODE ACTIVATED the computer said, and suddenly all the lights went out except for the emergency tracklights along the walls.

"Dude, I don't think that was supposed to happen," Angel said

Nightcrawler nodded, then remembered that in this darkness he was nearly invisible, "Let's get out of here,"

"The door's that way right?" Angel asked

"I believe so," Nightcrawler said.

Soon Angel was flying in the general direction he had pointed while Nightcrawler continually teleported just ahead of him.

"Could you imagine how much this would suck if we weren't us?" Angel asked

"Ve Vould have to Valk the whole Vay," Nightcrawler said.

"Yes, ve vould," Angel said mocking Nightcrawler's accent, "Sorry Kurt, you valked right into that one,"

Nightcrawler let it roll off his shoulders. He was good at that. Besides, right now they needed to stay focused. They reached the door. It was an airlock, and it was closed.

"Allow me," Angel said as he flew up beside the wall feeling for the control panel. He forced his whole body against it and managed to open the door (though it complained alot as it opened). When they got out the door did not close behind them.

Outside of the danger room it was readily apparant that they had shrunk. Judging by thier surroundings, they were about half an inch tall.

"vere now?" Nightcrawler asked.

"It is noon, why not the kitchen? We'd be more likely to get attention there than wandering the halls at random," Angel said. Nightcrawler agreed and they began thier long journey to the kitchen.

By the time they reaced the kitchen door they were exhausted. They crawled under the door and assessed their situation. Rogue, Shadowcat, and Jubilee were sitting at the table making lunch and telling jokes.

"Ve have to get zeir attention, but how?" Nightcrawler said.

"I have an idea," Angel said grabbing Nightcrawler by the shoulders and taking flight, "when I get up to the table, you bamph into the closest one of their faces. even at this size they should recognize us,"

"Zat's your plan?" Nightcrawler asked.

"Have a better one?" Angel responded. He took Nightcrawler's silence for consent.

Jubilee was bored. She was already eager for some action, of course she'd probably be told to stay home the minute something cool happened, but at least that beat this complete lounging. Even waiting at home when something was happening still held a bit of tension. She casually zapped a moth out of the air.

"Jubilee!" Rogue said, "did you just use your powers indoors? Donchoo remember what happened last time?"

"It was only a little zap, besides, I'm bored," she answered

"I know shug, we all are, but zapping defenseless insects is a little deranged,"

"I'm sooory," Jubilee said rolling her eyes, "I only stunned it," She looked around trying to see where it landed, but with no luck, so she went back to her sandwich.

They didn't know where it came from, but Angel and Nightcrawler were hit by a burst of energy. Temporarily stunned, Angel let go of Nightcrawler and fell backwards. He landed on something soft and sticky. It was a slice of bread covered in mayonaise! He tried to get up, but his wings were stuck as if to fly paper. Rogue was arguing with Jubilee and didn't see him on the bread as she laid a few slices of ham on top of him. He cried out, but his voice didn't carry. He felt the weight increase above him and started screaming.

Nightcrawler plummeted head first towards the table. He was too stunned to do anything, not to mention the fact that his teleportation never did well in falling situations. He suddenly splashed down in cool liquid. He was busy tring to figure out which way was up when the container he was in started to move.

"besides," Rogue said before taking a bite of her sandwich, "Don't you know that's the kind of stuff serial killers do?"

Rogue's teeth came too close to Angel for comfort. He tried pushing with all his might, but all he managed to do was force his arms and legs deeper into the bread. Rogue came in for a second bite. This time he was caught in her steamy wet mouth. He felt her pressing him from all sides. The bread, now soaked with saliva clung to him making movement that much more impossible. In her anger she forgot to chew and swallowed the whole lump.

Kitty decided she didn't want to be at the table if Rogue and Jubilee were going to argue. It was probably nerves anyway. They'd cool down and be back to being friends as soon as something interesting happened. Kitty lifted her soda and downed the whole thing in about three seconds letting loose a floorboard shaking belch when she was done. The other two stared at her in stunned silence as she walked away with a satisfied smile on her face.

Nightcrawler didn't know what had happened. His world was suddenly flipped around and he was falling again, or at least he thought he was falling, up and down were still vague directions to him. He was surrounded by something tight and soft that was squeezing him down whether he wanted to go or not until it hit a spot that was even tighter, then the foor opened up and Nightcrawler for the first time in a while knew exactly where down was. He realized he was in one of the girl's stomachs, but didn't know who's (not that it would matter) Knowing it was only a matter of time before the stomach would destroy him he decided that despite the uncertainty of where he'd end up, he had to teleport or die. He closed his eyes, said a quick prayer, and bamphed.

He rematerialized in far more cramped quarters that smelled like a sewage dump. Gagging for air and struggling against the constrictions of his new prison Nightcrawler began to panic.

"OH!" Kitty yelled doubling over in pain, "my stomache,"

Just as Jubilee was getting up to see what was wrong something truely bizzarre happened.

Angel slid down the esophagus wrapped in bread until his confines fell into the stomach. The stomach acids helped loosen the goop that was stuck to his body enough that he was able to make an attempt at flying, but when he hit the stomach wall a shock went through his body and he blacked out landing face down in the stomach acid and sandwich remains.

Rogue suddenly screamed and jumped up from her chair. Her Jacket tore off at the back as large white wings splayed.

"What happened?" she asked shaking as the other two stared in stunned silence, "Why does my back h-" She saw a feather fall and looked up, seeing her new wings for the first time. Suddenly she grabbed her head and began to scream. At the same time Kitty fell to the floor in pain. Jubilee called beast into the room.

"Is it the ham? Please tell me it's not the ham, because, you know, I ate the ham. Am I going to die?" Jubilee said in a panic as beast walked in.

"Calm down," He said in a soothing voice, "Now, tell me what has happened,"

She explained everything in a rather frantic way and Beast, deciding that Rogue's problem was possibly a new mutant power developing decided Kitty's problem was more urgent. He scanned her body with a device he had in his belt.

"Aha," he said, "there seems to be a blockage in your intestine, right there" He poked her abdomen gently, "Oddly enough it looks huminoid. We have to prep you for surgery immediately,"

"No need," Kitty said smiling, " You say it's right here?" She raised one foot and put one hand under it. Before thier very eyes something fell into her hand. It was definately humanoid, and definately covered in feces.

"Eww!" Kitty said.

"Let me see that please," Beast said taking the object to the sink and washing it off. It looked like Kurt, but smaller.

Nightcrawler had nearly lost conciousness before he felt himself suddenly falling again. He landed somewhere soft where the air was much cooler. He felt water running over his body and looked up to see Beast's giant mug. He was safe, but what about Warren.

"Vere's Varren?," he asked weakly. Fortunately for him Beast had excellent hearing.

"Oh no! We must hurry," he said and rushed over to rogue. She was holding her face and weeping while rocking back and forth.

"We must hurry," Beast began, "You have-"

"I know, and it's too late," Rogue cried, "I remember it as if it happend to me! How could this have happened?"

The others, still saddened by the sudden loss tried to comfort Rogue, but she decided she needed time alone, or as alone as one can get having three souls in thier body.

The next day the glitch in the danger room was fixed and Hank Pym helped return Nightcrawler to normal size. Angel's "remains" were buried in the cemetary at the back of the school set aside for those who died honorably as X-men. Every time Rogue looked in a mirror and saw her wings (completely vestigial considering she could already fly) she would begin to cry yet again.

Knowing the way comics go these days they'll probably find a way to ressurect him. I mean, nobody dies forever, except Bucky.