- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Some behind the scenes at the lab going on this chapter

______________



Michelle looked at herself in the mirror. She was wearing black pants and a black jacket with a white shirt underneath. Perfect for her first day at work.

The one thing wrong about her outfit was her bra. She tugged on it, trying to get it to fit better, but soon gave up. Her tits had been growing recently, and her bras no longer fit. She has to go shopping this weekend. But luckily it wasn't noticeable under her jacket.

When she got to the office, she had to go through a few hours of HR stuff. Watching corporate training videos that looked like they were shot in the 80’s, mountains of paperwork to set up her employment, confidentiality agreements, and tours of the facility.

After all that was over, she was handed off to Dr. Greene, a woman she had met during her interview.

“Hello Michelle, It's good to see you again, how was all the onboarding? Manage to stay awake?” Dr.Greene joked.

Michelle giggled at that. “Yes, but barely.”

“Good, well let me show you my lab, where you'll be working.” The doctor said before leading her to a lab full of expensive looking equipment and computers.

Before Michelle walked through the doorway, Dr. Greene stopped her. “Now, before I show you this, I just want to emphasize that this is all confidential stuff. You can't tell anyone about this. Not friends or family. Those documents you signed mean that you could go to jail if you do. Do you understand?”

Michelle stiffened at the seriousness of the situation. “Yes ma’am. You can trust me, I won't tell anyone.”

“Good, now as you probably already know, your brother is one of my test subjects.” She said as she let Michelle into the room.

“Yeah, he's shrinking! I tested out a theory yesterday and discovered that getting angry makes him shrink.” Michelle said, hoping to impress her new boss.

Dr.Green nodded. “Thats correct. But shrinking was not our original goal. This research is being funded by the military, and was originally intended to make humans more durable. Resistant to blunt traumas, lacerations, lack of oxygen, and so on. Our initial trials on rats proved very promising. But we did notice a very very slight loss in size. We were not concerned about this at the time, because the benefits seemed to outweigh the negatives.”

“But this seems more than a slight loss in size.” Michelle countered.

“That is because humans and rats, while having similar reactions to many drugs, are not the same as humans. It turns out that humans are much more emotional than rats. So during our first round of tests, many of the subjects ended up shrinking significantly. That being said, we were able to replicate that effect in rats by putting them in stressful situations.” Dr Greene continued.

“Wait, first round? This isn't the first time you've tested it on humans?” Michelle asked.

“No, come see.” The doctor led her over to a glass tank on a counter and gestured for her to look inside. Michelle bent over and peered inside.

“Oh my god! Those are tiny people!” She gasped. Behind the glass, there were half a dozen people about a quarter of an inch tall walking around. Most had stopped to stare back at her as she inspected them. She gave an awkward wave before standing up.

“Are they stuck this small? Is my brother going to get this small?” Michelle asked.

“Unfortunately they are indeed stuck like this. And you're brother may end up this small, but I do not believe it will be permanent for him.” The doctor explained. “The drug being used on your brother is a slight variation. It allows for a second drug to reverse the effects, which has been shown to work on rats already.”

Michelle was about to ask another question before the doctor continued. “However, this new formula requires the subject to undergo a set number of doses until his body stabilizes before being given the reversal drug. If given too early, it will make the effects permanent.”

“Oh wow. Well then I guess Mike wont be quitting. He was planning on quitting the trial and having you make him big again.” Michelle said. “But why are you even doing this? I don't think soldiers that I could crush under my pinky is what the military was looking for.”

The doctor laughed at that. “Well, it would actually be pretty difficult to crush them, their durability has increased like we originally planned. However, the military is very pleased by this drug. If a subject can stay perfectly calm during the entire process, they won't shrink at all, so the military still considers it a success. And the shrinking has endless uses. Spys could become tiny and infiltrate virtually anywhere. Overcrowded prisons could be shrunken down and kept on a guards kitchen table. But the ability to be able to regrow is a necessity. And that's what this trial is for.”

“Oh ok, so after these new subjects finish all their treatments and the drug stabilizes in their body, they'll be given the reversal and grow back to normal.” Michelle said. “Do they all shrink down to this tiny size?” Michelle looked back at the tinies in the tank and imagined what it would be like for her brother to be that small.

“That's correct, and not necessarily. It's entirely possible that they don't shrink at all, if they don't get too emotional throughout the trial. However, it's very unlikely. These subjects from the first trial were understandably very distraught by the results, especially when they learned that we had no way of reversing it. Luckily, the old formulas lower limit kept them large enough to still be easily seen.”

“Wait, so the new subjects could get even smaller?” She said with wide eyes.

“We don't know yet. Slight changes in formula could have affected the lower limits, but we are not sure yet.” The doctor said. “Which brings me to what you will be doing for us. While here, it is your responsibility to care for the tiny subjects. Feed them, clean their cage, and document any changes or abnormalities that you observe.”

Michelle was disappointed at what her role here would be. She was basically assigned to be a pet sitter.

Dr. Greene laughed at Michelle's reaction. “Sorry to break it to you, but working is not all thrills. Although this task shouldnt take up all your time, so I'll have you shadow me when you're not busy. Also, there is one more important task I have for you.”

Michelle perked up at that. “Important? What is it?”

“You are in a unique position to see one of our test subjects on a daily basis. I want you to document as much as you can. What triggers shrinking episodes, how much he shrinks each episode, does his durability appear higher, and anything else you observe.”

“Yeah I can do that. No problem!” Michelle said, feeling important because she was given a special task.

“And one more thing. We want to know the limits of this new drug. Maximum shrink episodes, how much they can endure, and how small they can get. Now, we can't tell you to intentionally cause stress to a test subject, but don't go out of your way to make his life more peaceful than normally. And if you do end up causing him stress, well, nobody can accuse us of tampering with results if a younger sister annoys her older brother.”

Michelles eyes went wide as she processed what she was just told. She smirked mischievously and nodded. “Don't worry ma’am, I understand perfectly.”