- Text Size +

April

Eve’s world was empty, she got up, she made breakfast, she went to work. She talked to people there, and she didn’t remember any of it by the time she got home. The days seemed to pass one after another, and one Saturday morning she found herself in her car, idling a moment in the rain before remembering she didn’t work that day. She blinked and it was Monday again, had she even moved all weekend?

“Eve?” Amber asked. “EVE!” she shouted.

Eve blinked, “Oh, sorry,” she muttered, taking the file from her boss.

“Try to focus on this one,” Amber said in a low voice, “Deandra is coming in a couple weeks, I want to show her how well we’ve been doing with some of the bigger clients.” She squeezed Eve’s shoulder, “I know you’re a little stressed with the extra workload, but don’t worry girl, you’re a shark!”

You’re a shark, she thought numbly, don’t swim in front of the sharks, swim with them… because you are one.

“Sure,” she said, “I’ll hop right on it.”

“By the way, sorry I was teasing your tiny a while back,” Amber said with a giggle, “the little guy seems pretty flighty, I hope you’re keeping him under control.” A bit of fire burned at the bottom of Eve’s numb heart, and Amber saw it. Rather than an apology, there was just the slightest quirk at the corner of Amber’s mouth. “It was for the best though,” Amber continued, seeming to savor Eve’s discomfort, “you two were in a holding pattern, I broke it so you could move forward.”

She wanted to leap across her desk and strangle the other woman, but she just nodded meekly.

Evan walked across the television remote, using his feet to step down on the channel button. He growled in annoyance as he couldn’t find anything he wanted to watch, again. He threw on a sitcom rerun and walked back to the end of the armrest, resting against the edge of the couch.

“Mrow?” Marshmallow nudged him with his nose, eager to see his master do something, anything, but he waved the cat away. With a somewhat annoyed meow the cat leapt to the ground, waddling away to find a more receptive audience.

“Evan, I’m home,” Laurie said, stepping into the house. “Do anything interesting today?”

“You’re looking at it,” he muttered.

Laurie frowned, “Evan… you’ve done nothing but watch TV for a week, you need to snap out of it!”

“Why?” he demanded, “what’s the point? I can just stay here on the chair forever, and you can bring me kibbles just like Marshmallow.”

Laurie stared at him a moment, then sighed, feeling her body go relaxed, almost limp. She walked over to him, gently scooping her hand underneath him. He looked at her curiously, but didn’t resist as she clicked the television off. She walked to the kitchen, setting him on the counter and forcing him to stand upright.

“I don’t really want to do this today,” Laurie muttered, “I had a terrible time at work, I’ve got an asshole contractor claiming he laid the back patio concrete right when he sure as fuck didn’t, some lady at the store dinged my car door, it’s been a shit day Evan, but I really don’t think there’s any other time to do it.”

“Do what?” Evan asked.

Laurie breathed in, then out slowly, “Evan,” she said quietly, forcing her voice to remain even, “is there any way that you and I could ever be together?”

“W-What?” he asked, thrown off balance.

“Don’t make me do this,” she said, blinking away a tear, “don’t make me fucking lay it all out for you, just give me a yes or no.”

“Laurie,” he began uncomfortably, “you’re my best friend, do you-“

“Oh goddammit,” she sniffed, wiping her eyes a moment, “Evan, yeah, I’ve always loved you, like a brother, and maybe like something more, or at least I wanted to.”

“I don’t know what to say,” he said, stunned, “I always thought we were…”

“We are best friends,” Laurie said firmly, “but… come on Evan, whenever someone picked on one of my brothers, you kicked his ass, when our stepdad went over the line, who came riding in to save the day?” Tears were trailing down her cheeks, “who always listened when I needed to cry because girls at school called me white trash, or when I couldn’t afford to go to college.” She wiped her face with a sniff, “it was you Evan, you were always the person that would ride in to save me.”

“Laurie,” he said slowly, “I… I wanted to do those things, because I cared about you, because it was right.” He was quiet a moment, letting her blink a few more tears away, “I… you’re my best friend Laurie, I came to you when I found out I would shrink because I knew I could count on you…”

“I know,” Laurie said quietly, “and I’ll always be here for you Evan, I’m going to be your best friend until the day I die.” She gave one final sniff, “but I need that answer, I need to know before I go any further, can we ever be more than friends?”

The house was quiet, and finally Evan looked at his feet, “No,” he said softly, “I’m sorry…”

Laurie wiped her nose a final time and smiled, blinking her teary eyes, “Okay then,” she said. “It’s… liberating to have it all out there like this.” She chuckled, “whew! Fucking emotions, am I right?”

“Uh, yeah,” he said uncertainly. “I’m glad we cleared all that up… are we going to be okay?”

“I told you, I’m always going to be your best friend,” She said, walking towards the door, “I just… had to be sure we couldn’t be more before I… did some stuff,” She laughed again and rolled her eyes, “Evan, I’ll be back later, play with your fucking cat, he won’t leave me alone.”

With that she slammed the door, leaving Evan on the counter. He blinked, thinking over the conversation they’d just had. He shook his head, chuckling softly.

Laurie… he thought, you’re a better friend than an asshole like me deserves.

“Marshmallow!” he called.

“Mrow?” the grey cat bounded up to the counter, leaping up to it and scrabbling to get onto the tiled surface. He reached over and stroked the cat’s fur, finally climbing up on his back.

“Come on boy, I think Laurie left a laser pointer around here somewhere, let’s burn off some of that chub.”

Eve lay on the couch, debating whether she wanted to watch TV, or even surf the internet on her phone. A half-eaten bag of chips lay next to her, she didn’t have much energy for cooking lately. A knock came from the door. Eve didn’t bother getting up, sighing and staring at the ceiling. A moment later the door’s lock turned.

“Eve?” Laurie’s voice called. She spotted the brunette on the couch and sighed, rolling her eyes. She walked over to her, standing over the other woman with her arms crossed.

“Hey Laurie,” Eve muttered.

“Hey,” Laurie said, “you uh… look good.”

“Fuck you,” Eve said bitterly, “you’re probably loving this, you finally have your chance at Evan and-“

*SLAP*

Eve clutched her stinging cheek, stunned.

“Fuck,” Laurie said with a smile, “I’ve been wanting to do that since September.”

“Y-You hit me-“

*SLAP*

“Two is twice as good!” Laurie laughed, shaking her stinging hand.

Eve growled and stood up, an open hand flying at the blonde. Eve savored the look of surprise in Laurie’s eyes.

*SLAP*

“Okay,” Laurie muttered, rubbing her red cheek, “that’s fair, but if we’re not done, the next one comes with a closed fist.”

“I’m good,” Eve said bitterly, “so, why are you here? Gloating?”

“Evan and I aren’t an item,” Laurie said, her face flat, “we never will be…” She looked like she wanted to say more, but she just shrugged, “I’m here to talk to you.”

Not an item? Never will be? Eve didn’t know how to respond to that, but she felt a flutter of hope.

“Give me the god’s honest truth girl, that shit you said on that video, was any of it true?” Laurie glared at her, boring into her as their eyes made contact.

“No,” Eve said firmly, “It’s just… I needed Amber to think I was with her!” she said, her voice almost cracking. “You have to swim behind the sharks!” she said weakly, “if you swim in front of them-“

“They eat you,” Laurie said, “I get it, how’s that worked out for you?”

Eve’s face burned red, “My family didn’t give a fuck about me!” she hissed, “every time I see you you’ve got a fucking army of brothers, sisters, cousins, whatever around you, you don’t know what it’s like to have nobody!” She collected herself’, “When I got to school, I looked for the people running things, and I got behind them,” she said bitterly, “when the nerdy girl was getting pelted with shit? I showed up and offered my apple from lunch to the people throwing stuff” She laughed, “that was the only time anyone ever wanted me around Laurie, so don’t lean on your goddamn Brady Bunch and tell me I should have just stood up to people!”

“Wow,” Laurie chuckled, “Well, despite all common sense and the advice of his best friend, Evan wanted you around, he liked you so much he wanted you around even when you were trying to make him the next thing to a slave.” Laurie took a deep breath and sighed, “honestly, I don’t mind having you around either.” She grinned, “you’ve got friends that aren’t sharks, so it’s time to drop this follow or be eaten shit.”

“That’s nice to hear,” Eve said, sitting back down, “but why are you really here Laurie? You didn’t come to give me a pep talk.”

“I’m here to see if there’s any chance you and Evan can get through this,” Laurie said, crossing her arms, “if you’re being honest with me now, I think you can.”

“So what?” she asked with a sigh, “do I just throw myself in front of him? Say I’m sorry?”

“Nope,” Laurie said with a smirk, “Evan’s kind of… prideful. He’s not going to take an apology unless you’ve got some substance behind it.” She flopped down on the couch next to Eve, “you keep talking about swimming behind the sharks… I think you’ve got to bring one in.”

Eve snorted, “we’re going to need a bigger boat.”

“Call me the marina,” Laurie said with a smile, “I’ve got many for sale! Tell me about this Amber…”

Eve felt a little better about things after talking with Laurie, and as she went to work the next day she felt more alert, alive, than she had at any time since Evan had left.

“Now that’s more like it!” Amber laughed, hovering outside her cubicle, “Deandra Clarkson herself emailed me the other night Eve, she’s asking me to meet her personally when she comes to tour the branch.” Amber practically shook with excitement, “I want you there Eve, I want to point out the person who helped make all this possible.”

“I’ll be there,” Eve said with a smile that didn’t reach her eyes.

Eve stepped into Laurie’s pick up truck, idling outside of her office. There wasn’t anything wrong with her own car, but the blonde woman had insisted on carpooling with her a few days a week. Eve appreciated it, and she smiled at Laurie as she buckled her seat belt.

“How’s Evan?” she asked quietly.

Laurie shrugged, “still a little mopey, but he’s thinking about what he wants to do next. I think he knows I’ve been talking to you.”

“Has he said anything about me?” Eve asked.

“Yeah,” Laurie said, “a lot actually, but I don’t know if I should go into it...”

“Do you think I have any chance at all?” she asked.

“I think so,” Laurie said with a small smile, “like I said, he’s hurting, but… well, when Evan hates people, like really hates them, he just kind of blanks them out… you? He keeps talking about things you two did together, then cursing himself for being stupid.”

“You’re sure that Amber is the key to all of this?” Eve asked, leaning against the seat with a sigh.

“Evan really likes taking down bullies,” Laurie explained, “and from what you’ve told me this woman deserves it. You’re practically writing him a sonnet or something with this, if this doesn’t work then you’re done.”

“Sure,” Eve muttered, “So, do you have any idea on how I could go about doing that?”

“I do actually,” Laurie said, “you’re not doing anything today, are you?”

“Hey Laurie!” a tiny Asian woman called eagerly from a place on a check in table. She was wearing a pink suit as she hefted a giant pen and walked over to an attendance sheet, checking the blonde in.

“Hey Kimmy,” Laurie said, waving and returning the greeting.

“What is this?” Eve asked, sticking close to Laurie as they walked into the hotel conference center.

“Tiny rights organization meeting,” Laurie explained.

There were rows of folding chairs in front of a small stage. Most of them were filled with full sized people, and tinies, mostly men, were in their laps, hands, and a few on shoulders. Eve even noticed another tiny woman, peering out of the pocket of a man’s plaid shirt, her husband judging by the ringed finger on the hand that came up to stroke her hair gently.

“Does Evan ever come to these?” Eve asked quietly.

“Once,” Laurie said with a shrug, “he doesn’t really like politics, and he thinks the other tinies get way too into tiny issues.”

“What, like fair employment and getting rid of the guardian system?” Eve asked.

“Mostly,” Laurie said uncomfortably, “I mean… ninety nine percent of what these guys do is great, but then there’s stuff like the campaign to get Ant-Man 3 pulled from theaters…”

Eve stifled a giggle, “what?”

“Keep your voice down!” Laurie hissed, “they also wanted Evan to be some kind of media figure for them, and he was pretty determined to turn that one down.”

“So what, are we going to talk to these guys about Amber?” Eve asked.

“They most they would do would be to picket your office or something,” Laurie said with a shrug, “but that’s not what we’re here for… just watch tonight’s speaker.”

Eve frowned, and watched the meeting unfold. The first few speakers were tinies, carried up by friends, spouses, and family. They gave speeches on various topics, tiny accessible buildings, workplace rights, one particularly interesting one, an older tiny man a clean-cut suit stood on top of the podium explaining that congress was now within just one vote of repealing the Shrinkee Protection Act, and restoring full legal rights to tinies. That caused widespread applause, cheers, and whistling.

“Just one vote away?” Eve whispered eagerly, “then it’s almost over?”

“Nah,” Laurie said dismissively, “Senator Fredericks will never budge, and after the next election things are going to be so tossed around that all these pro-shrinkee lobbyists will have to start back at square one.” She smiled, “It’s nice that they got so close, it does give me hope that we can go back to normal one of these days…”

The final speaker approached the podium, and Eve gasped. She was a late middle aged African American woman, with well styled hair neck length hair complimenting a sharp cut red and black pantsuit that let her easily stand out among the rest of the crowd. On one of her shoulders a tiny man in a black business suit and red tie matching her outfit rode, holding his hand to her neck for support. They were a somewhat mismatched pair, he seemed a bit younger than her, an almost boyish face really…

“Deandra Clarkson?” Eve breathed, “Laurie, that’s our company’s CEO!”

“Good evening, everyone,” Deandra said, giving them a winning smile that had graced the cover of Fortune, “I’m in town to visit one of my company’s branches later this week, and I thought I’d stop by the local chapter of one of my favorite organizations!” the crowd laughed politely, “in fact, I’d like my husband Warren to say a few things.” The tiny man on her shoulder seemed to wave “no!” in a panicked motion, but the business woman just smirked, pushing him up to a microphone longer than his entire body.

“Uh, good evening,” Warren stammered, collecting himself. “I uhh…” he cleared his throat, “I guess I’ll say that we’ve all had our share of troubles with this whole… being tiny thing.” There were polite murmurs of agreement, “for me it wasn’t much of a change,” he chuckled nervously, “Deandra was older than me, she was richer than me, she was this amazing and powerful woman who had everything… I was some guy who fixed her car.” Deandra smiled, reaching down and stroking his hair. He smiled up at her and continued, “I guess my point is, I always felt small next to her. The virus just made me look the part.” He chuckled, biting his lip and looking up at the black sphere of the microphone, trying to collect his thoughts. “Deandra though… no matter how far above me she was, she always treated me like a person, like I was someone she wanted to know, someone she cared about.” He beamed, “I never worried for a moment that she’d take care of me when I shrank, and I never will.”

The auditorium erupted in applause, and Eve found herself joining a standing ovation. Deandra reached down, letting the tiny man hop back into her hand, cradling him back up to her shoulder. After a few whispered words to him and a shared smile, she reached for the microphone.

“Warren thinks he can’t talk to crowds,” she said with a chuckle, “I have a paid speechwriter who hasn’t ever given me anything that good…” She smiled, “when the shrinking virus happened, I made a pledge to Warren, and to everyone else that shrank, that I’d do everything in my power to make sure they’d never be treated as anything less than the men and women they were.”

The crowd applauded again. Deandra’s speech went on, interspersed with anecdotes on how she and Warren had met, the various hurdles in their relationship leading up to his shrinking, and finally how they’d married a few weeks after he’d become tiny. Her speech ended with another round of applause, and Deandra waved as she walked off the stage.

“Okay,” Laurie said eagerly, “now’s your chance! Go talk to her, tell her you work for her, and your boss is being an asshole to your tiny coworker!”

“No,” Eve said, a small smile forming on her face, “Not here… I want to do it in front of her.”

“Uh, okay,” Laurie said slowly, “you sure about that one?”

“Yes,” Eve said, clenching her fists until her knuckles turned white. “This is a long time coming.”

Eve was so giddy that she could barely sit in her chair all morning, and it had nothing to do with the four cups of coffee she’d had. She was practically humming as she filled out a client report, tapping her heeled shoes on the floor.

“Sup loser,” Laurie said, leaning against her cubicle entrance.

“Laurie!” Eve said, stifling something between a gasp and a giggle, “what are you doing here?”

“Moral support,” Laurie said with a shrug, “I took the day off, and look what I’ve got!” she showed Eve a bag with the label of a local sandwich place on it.

“Oh, lunch,” Eve said with a weak smile, “uh, thanks.”

“No,” Laurie rolled her eyes, she reached into it, rooting around the napkins and plasticwear a moment, then her hand fished out Evan’s annoyed looking form.

“EVAN!” Eve squeaked, involuntarily scooting backward.

“Hi Eve,” he said neutrally, “Laurie said we had to come see you at work. Personally, I could have done without it.”

“Evan,” she whispered, “I…” she gulped, “Evan, I’m sorry I said those things, I’m sorry I was… I was trying to have it all, I should have always picked you, you’re all I want.”

“I…” he sighed as Laurie set him down on Eve’s desk. “I’ve missed you,” he said quietly. “I… I shouldn’t have done the things I did to you, threatened you I mean…” he sighed and looked up to her with a weak smile, “I couldn’t have done any of it… if you’d reached for me then, I’d have thrown down my bow, you could have marched me right off to the vet for chipping and I don’t think I’d have had any fight left in me.”

“It’s okay,” she said softly, “I…”

“Look,” Laurie said, glancing around, “Evan, Eve, I’m glad you two are feeling a little better, but Eve, didn’t you have something you wanted to show our little buddy here?”

“R-right,” Eve said nervously, “Evan, could I put you in my pocket?” she padded the lapel pocket on her button up shirt.

He frowned, “uh, sure, but I’m still not sure what this is all about.”

“We’re ruining that bitch Amber’s life,” Laurie said with a shrug, “trust me, it’s going to be a blast.”

Evan blinked, and he looked up at Eve who smiled and nodded.

“Well, hell,” Evan chuckled, “if this is your get-back-together gift, it really beats the box of chocolates I was going to get you!”

“Hey,” Sandy called, marching up to Laurie, “who are you? You don’t work here!”

“Sandwich delivery girl,” Laurie said, holding up the bag, “just looking for the person who ordered this, I think this is the wrong floor though,” she hefted the bag, turning to leave. She paused, looking back at Eve, giving her a quick wink as she headed towards the office exit.

The elevator dinged a few minutes later, and Eve peered up to see Deandra and a pair of assistants walk out. Amber was already hurrying up to her, and with a sigh Eve steeled herself, slipping Evan into her pocket. He looked up at her and gave a thumbs up, and she patted it for good luck.

“Eve,” Amber said in a hushed voice as she approached, “I’m glad you’re here, do you have that presentation ready?”

“Oh yeah,” Eve said with a smile, “conference room?”

“In five,” Amber said, sighing and running fingers through her hair, “this day is already off to a rocky start, I ordered a sandwich for lunch and someone met the delivery girl in the lobby and claimed it! Can you believe that?”

“Crazy,” Eve said, fighting to keep from bursting out laughing.

Deandra took a seat at the head of the conference table, smiling as Amber explained the changes she’d made in the branch. Several of the other members of Ambers office social circle were joining them, and they waited as Eve went to the front of the room and loaded her presentation on the projector.

“Good afternoon, everyone,” Eve said, smiling. “Amber has asked me to give a quick presentation on how things are done here that makes this branch different from everywhere else.” She sighed, “I have to warn you though, some of it maybe shocking.”

“Shocking?” Deandra asked with a frown, “I’m afraid I don’t follow.”

“Eve,” Amber said, her face white, “what are you-“

“This company prides itself in how it treats people,” Eve continued, “but in this branch… we don’t treat some members of our team well at all.”

“You’ll have to forgive Eve,” Amber said, standing up, “she’s been very overworked lately and-“

“I’d like to hear more,” Deandra said coolly, “please continue.”

Amber gulped and sat down as Eve loaded screenshots of her texts and groupchats. Endless pages of Amber, Eve, Diane, Sandy, and others in the office mocking tinies, mocking Charles, talking about ways to get him fired. With a defeated sigh, Eve clicked the final page, and the video of her conversation with Amber at the spa played, the two of them discussing Evan’s enslavement. She shot a glance down at Evan, hoping she hadn’t torn the wound open again, but he just quietly gave her a thumbs up, hidden in her pocket.

“This is disgraceful,” Deandra snarled as the presentation ended, “I’m… I’m appalled that this has happened at one of my branches,” she looked at Amber in disgust, “that someone I was considering for advancement would say and do these kinds of things.”

“H-Hey!” Amber stammered quickly, “it’s just stuff about shrinkees, do you really want to shut down a whole branch over fucking shrinkees? Who the hell cares?” She tittered nervously, “I mean, come on Deandra! They have that whole shrinkee protection act for a reason, they shouldn’t be here in the office to begin with! They’re not people!” The other women in the room nodded hesitantly, some shooting shocked looks at Eve.

Deandra looked like she was about to explode, and Eve edged back nervously, but the business woman just sighed. She gestured to one of her assistants, who handed her a briefcase. She opened it, displaying a tiny man who blinked in confusion at the sudden light. He appeared to have a portable gaming system going to entertain himself, but he paused it when he saw Deandra looking at him.

“Hey,” Warren said, standing up, “Uh, what’s going on?”

“Amber,” Deandra said in a voice like glass, “have you met my husband, Warren?”

“Oh,” Amber said in a soft voice, the realization hitting her, “Oh no…”

“Leave now, or I’ll have security help you out,” Deandra said, fighting down a snarl.

Amber spared a hateful glance at Eve, then scurried out of the office, the click of her heals on the floor echoing down the hall as she all but sprinted to the elevator.

“I want her fired by the end of the day,” Deandra said to an assistant. She looked around the other women at the table, then at Eve. “The rest of you should consider yourselves on administrative leave, I will be heading up the investigation into this entire branch personally.” She rubbed her temples and sighed, “go,” she muttered, waving them out.

All of the other women left, filing out and giving Eve looks just as hateful as Amber had. She paused, then folded up her laptop and followed them, the silence in the conference room weighing on her.

“There’s a tiny man in your front pocket,” Deandra said, not looking at her. “I carry mine enough to spot them right away.”

“Uh, yeah,” Eve said, reaching down for Evan.

“Hi,” Evan said, waving as Eve held her palm out.

“I don’t suppose he works here?” Deandra asked, pointing to Evan.

“Nope,” Evan admitted, “just visiting my girlfriend.”

“That’s another rule broken,” she muttered, “but what’s one more for you Miss O’Mara?”

“Not a lot ma’am,” she said quietly. “Am I… Am I fired too?”

“You’re in all of those messages,” Deandra said, “and it’s you in that video with Amber…”

“Well yeah,” Evan protested, “but she also ratted on everyone, plus she loves tiny guys, I can personally attest that she loves the way we feel-“

“Spare me the details,” Deandra said gloomily.

“Oh come on Dee,” Warren laughed, “I guarantee you we’ve done crazier stuff than those two.”

“Wanna bet tough guy?” Evan asked, crossing his arms.

“Have you been in the back door?” Warren said with a sly grin. When Evan didn’t respond the other shrinkee just chuckled.

“Warren!” Deandra snapped in a flustered tone. Her assistants just giggled. She cleared her throat, “Miss O’Mara, my decision stands, you are on administrative leave.”

Eve shrugged, “Okay then,” she said. Somehow, she didn’t really care anymore, the presence of Evan in her palm was rapidly erasing any other feelings she had about anything.

The pair left through the lobby, spotting Amber angrily shouting at a security guard, “Let me back up there! I just need to grab a few things-“

“Miss, say what you’re missing and it will be brought down to you,” the guard said firmly.

“Hey guys,” Laurie said, waving to them from the waiting area. She was taking bites out of a sub sandwich, Amber’s gaze drifted over to them, and she sneered when she saw Eve, then her eyes went nuclear as she saw what Laurie was eating.

“T-That’s my lunch!” she screeched.

“Oh my god,” Laurie said in mock horror, “she’s unhinged! You guys better get her out of here.”

“Miss, you need to leave now,” the guard said firmly gripping the struggling woman by her shoulders.

“It was a setup! They framed me and ate my lunch!” Amber ranted as the guard pushed her out of the glass doors.

“So, should I bring Marshmallow by your house later?” Laurie asked, finishing the last of the sandwich.

“Keep him overnight,” Eve said with a grin as she walked out the door with Evan.

“Yeah,” Evan said, “he has a tendency to scratch at the bedroom door if it’s… closed for too long.”

“Now Evan,” Eve said as she unlocked the door to the house, “I know we just got back together, so if you want to just go in your tunnels for the night, I’ll understand-“

“No,” he said as she started up the stairs, gripping him tightly, “Look Eve, we’ve got a lot of stuff to work through, and maybe it’ll take us some time to get back to one hundred percent but-”

“You’re horny?” Eve asked with a smirk.

“Yeah,” he said, laughing.

“Me too,” Eve admitted, “and I know just where we’re going to start.”

Her fingers came down, tearing at his clothes and easily forcing his shirt off. His pants went next, and she balled them up casually, tossing them over her shoulder as she entered the bedroom. She gently laid Evan on the pillow, letting him watch as she undid the buttons on her shirt one by one, looming over him like a mountain as she watched him grow hard in her shadow.

She undid her skirt next, letting it fall to the floor. She grinned and made eye contact with him as she slid her nylons off, briefly holding them to her nose. She took a quick whiff, grimacing slightly at the ripe smell.

“Ugh,” she muttered, “I was pretty nervous all day,” she said with a giggle, “I sweated right through these…”

She balled them up and tossed them onto a surprised Evan, who went wide eyed with shock as the ball of nylon landed on him. His senses were immediately bombarded with the rich, ripe smell of Eve, the nylons having absorbed her mix of sweat and just a hint of the floral soap she wore. He felt the silky material rub against his skin, driving him to new heights of arousal as he fought to escape from it. He blinked as he finally escaped, looking up, dazed at the giant woman about to make him her plaything.

“You almost came just crawling out from under those,” Eve giggled, “you are pent up…” She walked, now naked, over to her nightstand and opened the drawer. A bottle of translucent purple lubricant and a pair of pink ribbons were in her hand as she walked back to the bed and sat down next to him.

“What’s the lube for?” he asked hesitantly, “I-I’m not ready to go up your a-“

“So nervous!” she chuckled, “It’s not for my butt, I promise. Hands above your head.”

He slowly obeyed, raising his eyebrow as she tied a small knot, holding his arms above his head. She gently reached down and poked him in the chest, tumbling him onto his bottom. With a smile she pinched his feet together, tying a matching pink ribbon around his ankles. When she was satisfied the silky pink material had bound his hands and feet, she picked up the one attached to his hands, dangling her bound captive.

“So uh,” he asked, looking up at his silky pink bonds, “what did you have in mind?”

“Just relax,” She said with a smile, “let me do all the work for this one.”

“I hope that’s your plan,” he muttered, struggling feebly for a moment, “any reason for the pink?”

“It looks cute,” she said, unscrewing the bottle of purple lubricant. Evan watched, spellbound, as she squirted the sticky material between her breasts. She licked her lips, making eye contact with him as she set down the bottle. Her free hand came up, slowly kneading her breasts, spreading the lubricant all over them and giving them an oily sheen. She moaned loudly, running a thumb over her nipple in a show for the dangling man.

Suddenly, she lay down on the bed, gripping the ribbon tied to his ankles and pulling it, forcing his body straight and taught. Slowly, she slipped him through the valley of her breasts, using the ribbons tied to his wrists and ankles to rub him through her cleavage in a flossing motion.

The lubrication let him slip cleanly through them, the motion of her slick skin rubbed against his body, causing him to shudder with pleasure.

“In,” Eve said, giggling as she pulled him up through the gap between her breasts, “and out!” she laughed as his gasping face appeared, “and down again!” she said, and just as quickly as he’d come up, he was pulled back down between the pillowy mounds, the sticky surface molding around him as though it were trying to grab and hold him as he was pulled steadily back and forth.

Evan lost track of time as he was shifted up and down through her bosom, the warmth permeating him as the lubrication covered his skin, mussing his hair and electrifying his manhood each time Eve flossed him through the soft valley.

“In,” she repeated in a low voice, “and out,” she giggled, “say it with me Evan!”

“In-“ he began, but his voice was cut off as his world was smothered by her jiggling flesh again, “out!” he rasped, trying to follow her instructions.

“Hmm… might be a little too much,” she giggled, continuing the motion and submerging him in her chest again, “just let me talk, now let’s pick up the pace!” She twirled the ribbons around her fingers, tightening her grip on them.

“In!”

“Out!”

“IN!”

“OUT!”

She fought a cackle as Evan’s face blurred, and each time his head came up he had a dazed look on his face, she could swear his eyes wee rolling back in his head.

“Oh god,” he moaned, cumming hard enough to make Eve’s ribbons twang as she flossed him through a few more times, finishing out his orgasm between a pair of pillowy breasts that towered over him.

“Whew,” she whistled, “just rest there, take a minute to catch your breath.

“Yeah,” Evan wheezed, shifting himself and laying between Eve’s mountains. He couldn’t help but grin as he heard the steady beat of her heart behind him. He felt her finger come down and gently stroke his hair, wild and mussed from the lubricant. “So, what’s next?” he asked with a smile.

“Well, since you’re not ready for…” she shifted her butt back and forth suggestively and giggled at his reaction, “we’ll have to discuss it, but I’ve got some ideas.”

She took a moment to just enjoy him, laying on her. She’d torched her social circle, she’d probably lost her job, but in the end, she’d gotten back the one thing that really mattered to her.

Chapter End Notes:
Wouldn't it have been messed up if the previous chapter was the last one? Anyways our couple has come out on the other side of the storm, though we're not quite at the end yet. Get ready for the final few months!