- Text Size +

"Seems like this is going to be another boring day"  The young man complained, leaning against his chair. He kept staring at the giant staircase in front of him, still surprised by how even a single stair was a few sizes bigger than him now.


He let out a nostalgic laughter, thinking back about the last day of his normal sized life. He couldn't remember anything special about it, actually he couldn't remember anything at all but for the blinding light that washed his eyes and his awakening in this cold, metal room stuffed with boxes and shelves.


He looked at the clock fixated on the front wall. He held tightly to his chair once the ground started to shake, the echoing sound of two sets of footsteps boomed into his ears causing them to hurt.


The first thing he saw on his field of view was what he was sure were two pair of shoes. The first one was composed of a single elongated shiny black block which narrowed around what seemed to be the toe area of the figure. Towards its end, was attached what looked like a few centimeters tall squarish block. 


The second pair instead was made of a brown rectangular block with a rounded front which hugged this giant's foot up to her ankle in its soft leather embrace. This block sat on top of a second one which developed mostly in height, dark and hard in totally contraposition to the first one.


"Mhmh, I can't see any bracelet here, Mash" One of the two giantesses spoke. She placed the side of her hand against her forehead to stop her bangs from falling down her eyes, she bent forward and squinted her eyelids looking around.


"No-o-o-thing!"


"Senpai said she lost her bracelet here though I still wonder why you agreed on your own accord to help me. You usually spend your time either slacking off or annoying Senpai, BB" 


"Ehhhh?I just wanted to show Senpai that I am a super reliable kouhai, that's all!" 


'When will they stop talking, ugh' Even after tapping his ears they were still hurting like crazy so much that at one point he thought he went deaf since he couldn't discern any of their words.


He wondered if these people were also Chaldeans like the other giants that came down here. He wasn't sure if Chaldeans was the right word but that's what he heard one of them say.


They usually came here with brooms and buckets, spending their time steadily wiping the floors before leaving but this time none of those two women had either of those items. He thought it was suspicious yet not enough to make him worry. After all, none of the Chaldeans ever came close enough to the village where he lived.


The various boxes were arranged in a way that divided the room into two sections: a big one where the Chaldeans usually roamed around and a small one which was accessible only from a quite narrow path between two walls of boxes. That's where the small people carried the tiny village they found in one of those.


He always thought that was a smart move from the village head since like he predicted the Chaldeans always preferred to just slide their brooms there instead of trying to access the small area themselves. 


"Oh, they stopped talking. I hope they are going to leave n…" He didn't even have time to finish the sentence when the ground started to shake once again. His body froze for a second when he saw them moving in the same direction of his village.


"I-I need to inform the village head…" He said with a trembling voice and his mind full of thoughts. He could have left, abandoned his friends to their destiny and have his life saved. No one would have known about his cowardly act.


It was his second chance at life after all, he couldn't waste it like this. 'Would I regret it?' 'Would I be able to live with this remorse for the rest of my life?' He asked himself feeling a sense of dread taking over his mind.


It was terrible, agonizing. He had to run away from it, it didn't matter where. His legs started to move, he was unaware of where they were leading him.


He was so taken in his thoughts that he had completely disconnected from the images his eyes were sending him. He didn't need to see anything after all as long as he escaped.


But suddenly a shadow was cast upon him, he didn't realize and before he could the impending doom managed to bring an end to his mental sufferings.


"Mhmh" BB felt something crunch beneath her toes, it was instantaneous hinting to her that it didn't hold any sort of resistance to her weight. She tilted her foot left and right, feeling something squish against the rubber of her sole although that didn't tell her much about what that was.


'Meh, whatever it was now it's dead!' She thought as she slided through the narrow pathway with Mash, both of them tried their best to not cause the pile of boxes to fall upon them.


"Uhh, what is a toy village doing down here?" BB's voice roared like a thunder in the ear of the villagers down there. They have always heard giants speaking but never this loud. 


The smartest ones had a hunch of what was going on and stayed inside. A few foolish ones  looked out of their windows and when they saw the two women looming in front of them, they panicked running outside screaming to get everyone's attention.


"What are you idiots doing out there?Go back to your houses!" The village head shouted scolding the reckless ones from behind his kitchen's window


"Village head, we can't be sure if these giants here are evil or not. We can try to let them know about our presence, there is a chance they will leave us alone."  A young man said fiercely disobeying the suggestion of the village head who understood his resolve.


"I haven't seen Tom come back from his guard duty position today. Most likely he must have been killed though if you don't care about your life, you can still go but make sure they don't find out you came from here" The boy nodded to him before he started to run toward one of the giantesses.


"Huh, what's that thing on the ground?!" BB said pointing at the black dot scurrying around the floor. Out of instinct, Mash rose her boot up and slammed it back down. Her aim was inaccurate and that allowed Mark to easily dodge the strike which sent him flying in the air.


He adjusted his body to make sure he landed on top of her toes. As soon as his feet made contact with the leather surface he started to run toward her ankle. He jumped grasping the dangling fabric that hovered above his head. 


He held tightly on it, climbing his way up to where her footwear connected with the nylon of her stocking and he clinged onto it. His skin was hit by a sticky sensation, his nostril by a stingy odor.

The higher he got, the stronger it was getting to the point that it was making him lose his focus.


"Did you get it?"


"Maybe, I can check quickly…" The moment Mash's pupils were about to meet the floor, a single shine reflected against her glasses. Quickly she tracked down the source, locking her eyes on top of one of those boxes.


"Senpai's bracelet..?!How did it end up there?"


"Ehh, you found it?!" 


"I will go get it, you stay here!" Mash started to move forward, circumnavigating the village. 


"Argh, I was so close" Mark shouted as he was about to catch her skirt but his hand missed it by a few centimeters. With his other one, he kept holding onto Mash's sticky stocking getting bounced back and forth with each step.


One after the other, his fingers lost their grip and he found himself falling down hitting the metal floor on his back. He let out a scream of pain, his bones shattered, his organs imploded. He couldn't breath nor see.


'Was it because he was dying or because he was about to get stepped on?' He wondered with his last ounch of strength before everything went silent. The moment her boot's heel connected to the floor it slipped forward.


She didn't hear nor feel anything, she scraped the ground a few times noticing the more she did the more slippery it got. She was curious to look down to see what she had stepped on but her duty as kouhai got the best of her and she ended up forgetting about it.


She reached and grabbed the pendant, showing it to BB before walking toward her. A grin appeared on the devilish kouhai's face, it was so obvious that Mash felt like asking her about it.


"What are you planning to do, BB?"


"Ehhh, nothing. I am just eager to tell Senpai that we found her bracelet. I am sure she will feel in debt with me and I will have to make her just pay it to the fullest…"


"You should stop taking advantage of Senpai, BB.That's not how you should…"


"Ehhh, whatever…on another topic, what do we do with that toy village?"


The village head was listening to the whole conversation from his inside his house, sweating and praying that the other giantess was somehow going to be merciful to them.


"I suppose that if it doesn't belong to anyone, we could throw it away." The walls of his house started to shake as the two giantesses were approaching closer. He sat down on one of the wooden chairs that surrounded the lonely table.


"It seems like I will be joining you soon, my dear" He said staring at a picture inside the pendant that warped around his wrinkled neck, isolating himself from the rest of the world. 


He didn't badge a single inch, nor when the walls of his house started to shatter once the footsteps turned into stomps, nor when a boulder came crashing through the roof and almost hit him. 


A faint smile appeared on his face when the shadows swallowed him, it was an instant before everything around him stopped. 


"And..done!" BB stomped her foot on the only house that had survived their wrath. She heard a loud crunch from the plastic collapsing under her weight, a few lighter ones when she rested her foot on her toes and started to twist them left and right tearing it apart.


Mash looked down, her feet were standing on top of what was left of a bunch of houses. There were pieces of plastic stuck to her soles, glued together by a weird red liquid. She stretched her arm to touch it but she was stopped once BB called her out.


"I think now it should fit the trash bin" Mash nodded to her as stepped away from that destruction and started to scrape both of her soles against the floor to clean them then she grabbed the trash can lying against the wall.


She aligned it to ground level, watching BB kick thoserubbles inside it before she started to scrape her soles against the lid filling up the trash can. Once the two were done, Mash kicked the trash can to where it was before leaving alongside her rival kouhai upstairs.