- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Violet decides to act when a reporter vilify her on public television


+++


Lounging in her lazy chair, Violet's thumb found the remote again as she looked hard for something interesting to watch on television.

"Boring,"

Zapp

"Boring,"

Zapp

"Boring,"

Zapp

"Annoying,"

Zapp

"Mmm… nope,"

Zapp

Violet's brows sank at their lowest when she recognized the regular reporter of channel 6 news. She is a comely-looking young brunette with a pulled-up haircut and a messy bun resting upon her head.
Violet always wondered if that ever-present smug on the woman's face was either there since birth or that she simply decided to wear it at one point in her life where she decided that she stood above everyone else.

"And so you see, dear citizens of Pheronvale, here we have another example of culpable negligence of our so-called superheroine whereby an innocent man succumbed to his injuries after a frontal collision with a tree. Would our superheroine have responded accordingly to the stress call from the present emergency crew – who were unable to free the victim from its straitened position – I wouldn't be standing here talking to his distraught parents, for he would most probably still be alive."

Violet's teeth were grinding audible when she watched the reporter showing sympathy to the couple by placing a hand on the mother's shoulder. Violet just knew that this reporter couldn't care less about the sorrow of others. She was only interested in bringing some juicy stories to the public.

"And over here," the reporter continued as she walked over to some other people. The camera followed her. "we have some witnesses who saw Violet flying over, disappearing on the horizon, the moment this tragic event took place. Ain't that right, sir?"

A burly-looking man with a grunge look took hold of the microphone. "Gone! The wench was gone before she came! I'm telling ya. We screamed at the top of our lungs. And the wench is supposed to have superhearing?!"

"I was busy saving 200 people from a capsized offshore oil rig on the other side of the continent! Ever heard of priorities!" Violet fumed while crushing the remote within the might of her superpowered slender fist to powdered smithereens.

"If I would have these powers?" Another guy snatched the microphone away. "World-peace! Since yesterday we would have world peace!"

"Sometimes, I wonder if that girl is even aware of the responsibility she's carrying." A woman said.

More and more people came flocking together. They all seemed eager to express their opinion about the city's superheroine in the camera.

"She's an unstable train wreck!"

"A self-righteous loafer who believes she standing above the law!"

"She should be stripped of her powers and locked up!"

CRASH!

"That does it!" Violet's fist smashed her side table to pieces.
Not only is the public saying rude things about her, but they are also ruining her moment of foot fun. A delicious tickle on the bottom of her foot made Violet almost recline back in her chair again. Nonetheless, her mind was made up. An example needed to be made. She leaned in close to her side table to take a look at the shrunken whaler and its crew. They appeared startled as they looked up at the cinema-sized countenance of Violet looking down upon them.

"No worries there, my thralls. You're doing just fine." She smiled when she saw the crew easing up a bit by her words. "I'll be back in a jiffy. Make sure you're prepared to tickle my other foot."

Violet stood up and saw the lego-figure-sized crew nodding at her in obedience. Before leaving, Violet shrunk them and their ship down even further. Picking it between her thumb and index finger, she placed the microscopic boat on the edge of a candleholder.

"There,"

Violet told herself that she did it merely as a precaution if some foolish idea about escaping would sprout up in their heads. However, the truth was that – despite she'd cared to admit – Violet was just enthusiastically fond of shrinking people down.

I mean, look at them! They are truly insignificant! She thought with glee.
Enough playing! Time to set things straight. Violet took one more glance at the television screen and saw with disgust that this reporter was still talking crap about her. This was a live broadcast. She would make her entrance.
Violet blasted out of the window and shot up into the sky, making sure to create plenty of sonic booms while doing so.
As she hovered a few thousand feet above the city's central area, scanning her eyes over a forest of high rises, Violet's supersight was quick in localizing the reporter with her camera crew. Violet scowled as she saw throngs of people packing together in the street below. Undoubtedly all awaiting their turn to speak ill about her. She suppressed the urge to hurl a fully electrical charged blast amidst them all from her fingertips.
Violet intended to confront these people verbally, but seeing them huddled there together, ganging up on her in front of public television, made her change her mind. She rather destroyed them all. It was a very tempting thought – to destroy them. It would be so easy for her to just destroy the whole city even. Who would be able to stop her anyway? The army? A nuke?
Ha! Violet would love to see them try one day. She always had to hold back while dealing with these fragile beings she was once part of – even when dealing with the unforgivable scum of society.
Violet desperately wanted to unleash her full force one day – she wanted to know what she was capable of. But for know, she had to settle with a little act of mischief instead. Zeroing in on the scene below with an eagle vision, Violet smiled when some cheeky idea popped up in her head. Concentrating her sights on the reporter's eye-catching bosom, Violet chuckled loudly when the woman's blouse tore open, triggered by Violet's telekinesis capabilities.
The reporter shrieked in embarrassment as her arms tried in vain to cover her painfully bright red bra. All people gawked at her in silence, their shocked reaction compelling them to cease their tireless urge to talk crap about Violet in the camera.

"Nice! Now let's take it one step further," Violet narrowed her eyes. And SNAP! There goes the brassiere, slipping away from under the reporter's clenched arms. Violet watched it all with satisfying glee as the reporter stood there half-naked in the middle of a crowded street while her camera crew kept rolling. Although no one seemed to have noticed Violet's presence up here in the air, it would be mere child's play to link things back to her.

Fuck it… the majority loathes me anyway. Might as well have some more fun. Violet thought. She started scanning the rest of the city. She nibbled her lower lip as some ancient oak tree cracked in two, toppling and plunging down in the middle of a railroad crossing. It resulted in a major traffic jam for one of the city's main roads was blocked off now. Violet's tongue slithered over her lips. It left her wanting more. She felt like a kid in a toy store who was given free rein. With these godlike powers, the world and its people were nothing more than playthings to her. She clenched her petite fist, and as a result, multiple statues in the national park started to dwindle down in size – leaving behind a flock of flabbergasted joggers, picnickers and citizens who were taking a daily stroll.

"Oh my God, they are soooo small!" Violet gasped. The sight of it thrilled her. Aroused her even. She aimed her stretched out index-finger at a remote propane tank stationed in a meadow near a farm. "Can I? Dare I?"
A spark crackled around Violet's finger, writhing around it like a snake before blasting off towards the earth with imperceptible speed. Violet forgot to breathe for a few moments when her supersight perceived a bright explosion. The screams she could hear rose her arousal further.
"What about…. uhm…. a whole skyscraper!" Violet's index finger aimed itself at one of the most prominent high rises of the city. She hesitated, too long. A roaring engine approached her with high speed. Violet turned around and was just in time to evade an incoming jumbo-sized jetliner. Its right-wing narrowly grazed her hair. It was an instinct movement from the human part of Violet despite that it wasn't necessary anymore. Nothing on earth could endanger her life. She felt sorry for not keeping stationary in the air. She would have loved to see what would have happened if that wing would collide with her indestructible body. An urge welled up within Violet to just fly over and stand in front of the cockpit with her hands on her hips as the plane flew with 600 mph against her superpowered abdomen.

But all those people, they are innocent… Violet thought. Are they?

Violet blasted off to gain in on the jetliner – which was even less of an effort to her than taking a short trot – and drew level with its speed. A little girl leaped up in her chair when she saw the superheroine flying above the plane's wing. She called her mother and pointed and waved at Violet while showing the purple shirt with a big letter 'V' hiding under jacket. Violet smiled back and waved before blasting off with a speed that no manmade aircraft would be ever able to match.

Luckily, there were still people that believed in her.

Chapter End Notes:

Early access to this, and other exclusive stories on my patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/glaazius

 

Thx for reading. Please let me hear your thoughts!