- Text Size +

While holding tiny Thorg in her right hand, she placed each of her other three prisoners in a hamster cage that was on a nearby table. Steve and Dan were still restrained by Berna's nylons and Fitshugh was still in a state of shock. While holding Thorg in her right hand she knelt down so her face was eye level with the cage.

“Thorg and and I have a couple of things we need to....”, she looked at Thorg with a devilish smile as she finished her sentence, “discuss.”

With her free left hand she gently tapped the top of her prisoners' cage and said, “Why don't you boys make yourself at home while Thorg and I are gone. If you're good I will feed you when we get back....”

Then she looked at Steve sternly and finished her sentence with a total absence of humor, “...if you even attempt to escape again you WILL regret it!”

As she said 'WILL' she hit the top of the cage with enough force to knock a dazed but standing Fitzhugh on his ass. Both Steve and Dan shut their eyes in terror while the loud thud of her hand hit the top of the prison. She quickly returned to a smile and with a touch of her STM, her and Thorg disappeared, leaving the three tiny men alone.

Fitzhugh got up and walked to the front of the cage, looking with awe through the bars at the giant landscape that was nothing more than a three star hotel room. After a few minutes of silence, Fitzhugh looked down at Steve, who was still restrained by Berna's nylon and laying in a corner of the cage.

“What the devil is going on here?”, said an astonished Fitzhugh. “Who in blazes are you two gentlemen ...and why is everything so huge?”

“Everything is not huge, Fitshugh.”, Steve tried to explain, “We have all been shrunk to about six inches tall and we are now....prisoners...of that woman....Berna.”

Fitzhugh responded quickly. “First of all, how do YOU know my name....I never saw either of you gentlemen before today and secondly...”

Dan interrupted Fitzhugh, “This is going to be hard to explain....but we have known you for the past two years...you have to trust us if we are going to escape.”

“Are you insane man!,” Fitzhugh responded. He looked through the bars of the cage and said, “This giant table is at least 30 or 40 feet off the ground....how can we escape?”

Dan replied “Giant tables have never stopped us before and they aren't going to...”

Steve interrupted Dan, “I have to agree with Fitzhugh on this one....escape is not a good option...right now, Dan. Berna can return at any second and we don't know what she will do if we attempt anything”.

“We have to get a hold of Berna's STM and restore our size.”, Steve continued. “It's the only hope we have to save ourselves and the others before she kidnaps and shrinks them!”

“This still doesn't make any sense, “ Fitzhugh said. “How is this all possible?”

As it turns out Berna was gone for a good two or three hours. Steve and Dan did their best to explain everything to Fitzhugh. They even briefly recounted some their encounters with the giants and finally how they encountered Thorg and Berna and returned to earth in the past.

Fitzhugh shook his head in disbelief and asked Steve, “Well...what happened to that...briefcase I had. I had some very important....documents and...”

“By documents, you mean....cash...of course”, Dan replied as both he and Steve broke out in laughter.

Suddenly, Berna returned and quickly placed the cage on the ground by her feet...which were now in sandals. She placed a naked and somewhat bruised Thorg next to the toes of her right foot and she stretched them as she looked down at Thorg and and asked, “Okay, little man, are we on the same page now?”

Thorg, who was on his knees, looked up at Berna in utter terror and replied meekly, “Yes...Berna...I will never....defy you again.”

Then the three tiny men in the cage saw something so bizarre that it blew their minds. Thorg groveled up to Berna's right big toe, knelt down and kissed it. Berna looked down at Thorg with her arms crossed and said with obvious satisfaction. “That's a good little man.”

 

End of Chapter 6