- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
GREATER SOUTHWEST INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT,
FORTH WORTH, TEX. NOV. 21, 1963 (11:30 PM/EST)
* * * * *

Park Kim Jung had completed his training with the Heikegani-ryu in mid-August. He was then smuggled into Japan as a contract laborer from South Korea. By September 30, he had flown to Mexico City, posing as an ordinary Japanese tourist. On October 31, at two o'clock local time, he crossed the border into El Paso, Texas, while posing as "Senor Simon Jeet-Soo," a Sino-Peruvian from Lima.

Honeymooning with his wife.

The woman posing as "Senora Jeet-Soo" was Dolores Gutierrez. A Cuban operative of the KGB, whose Marxist Basque father had fought for the Soviet Army during the Siege of Stalingrad. She had been tutoring Park in Spanish, so as to make their cover near-perfect. And, she had to admit, he was a fast learner.

En route to Fort Worth, they bought themselves an exotic pet; a falconry-trained barn owl.

"Are you sure he was trained properly?" Park now asked: "I am more used to riding pigeons. And, he might all too easily mistake me for a mouse!"

"Tranquilo, por favor," she replied: "He was trained by the Moscow State Circus to transport an infant Brazilian night monkey on his back. Without consuming it! You shall have no problema."

"Mui bien," said Park as he finished getting dressed in the back of their Volkswagen mini-bus. With his ninja hood and domino mask complementing the black sweatsuit he had bought in El Paso, Dolores could just barely make him out.

And, when he shrank down to two inches tall, she could no longer see him, at all!

"Companero Park?" she inquired in a half-whisper (both for security reasons and so as not to damage his eardrums). In response, a shrunken flashlight clicked on and off three times. She sighed with relief. If she had not already seen one or two demonstrations of this incredible ability, for herself, she would have sworn there was a firefly present!

Slowly, she walked forward. And, after four more flashes, she knelt down to pick up the shrunken genin. Feeling him in her cupped palms, she could not help half-smiling at the thought of how cute he always looked at this size! Then, she shook her head, to regain her professional composure.

With her right hand, she opened the barn owl's cage. With her left hand, she just as carefully placed Park Kim Jung on the bird's neck. She then opened the mini-bus' sun roof.

"Muchos suerte, companero! I will see you at the grassy knoll."

Whereupon, the barn owl took off from GSW's short-term parking lot. Bound for the residence of one Lee Harvey Oswald.

tbc