- Text Size +
The Earth Tiger Tong had sects from Bangkok to Hong Kong. And, they were expanding!

In Saigon's Cholon District, Chang Ah Fu was tong leader. As manager of the Club 23 Skiddoo (and Chang's brother-in-law), Chou Sen Yi had been answerable only to him. Making him feel like the _second_ most powerful man in Saigon! A "real big shot," as the Americans would say.

Unfortunately, for Chou, he had not been feeling big for the past twenty-four hours.

The inch-tall Hakka had been flung down towards the toe of the Cuban woman's high heel. The next thing he knew, his body was pinned at the waist. Gripped like a vice between her two biggest toes!

Between the intense pressure, and her tremendous foot odor, he had passed out.

When he finally revived, he found himself in a dome-shaped cage that appeared to be made of stainless steel. A cage that also appeared to have been shrouded with a circus tent.

Chou looked around and saw three odd furnishings. To his left, clamped to the cage bars, was a jade-framed mirror. To his right, also clamped to the bars, was a large tub filled with water...and made of pink plastic.

It was when he saw the round wooden log, stretching from left to right behind him, that he suddenly realized where he was. Based on the collection of them his wife had, back home.

"I'm in a birdcage!!!"

That was when he heard the humming.

Hurriedly, Chou ran towards the giant cage door. Naturally, he was too small to unlock it. But, as he seemed to have regained a few inches of height, he was now strong enough to lift up a portion of the shroud. And, the sight that met his eyes nearly astounded him into dropping it!

A blonde giantess was sitting at a vanity table, applying some lipstick to her face. She had on a sleeveless blue leotard, decorated with rhinestone sequins. Flowing down past her shoulders was a white wool-mesh cape (with matching elbow-length, fingerless gloves). On her feet were silver-dyed high heels. And, adorning her head was a blue-feathered tiara.

The blonde giantess noticed him in her mirror, and turned to smile at him.

"Hello, little one. It is good to see you awake."

"Who are you? What is this place?"

The giantess strode over to him.

"I am Miss Vera. And, you are in my dressing room at the Moscow State Circus."

"Moscow?!" he echoed, incredulously

"Da! Most of the time, I train turtledoves to walk on miniature highwires, or swing on miniature trapezes. Yet, once in a while, I train certain birds of prey to perform special aerobatic routines. Would you like to meet Merlin?"

"Uhm! N-N-No thanks," Chou nervously stammered: "Nyet, spashiba!"

Her beguiling smile became a sinister grin.

"Oh, but, I insist!!"

Whereupon, she removed the shroud, unlatched the cage door, and reached in to grab him.

Chou did his best to evade her. It was no use, though. The round cage had no corners to hide in. And, she could twirl it and tilt it, at any angle required, to make him return towards her waiting fingers.

In less than a minute, he was firmly imprisoned in her right fist. Only his head showing above her thumb. Thus, he could see, all too clearly, the giant falcon in the chicken-wired aviary behind the birdcage.

And, the hungry glint in its eyes, as Miss Vera threw him to the foot of its perch.

"KEE-KEE-KEE-KEE!"

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

tbc