- Text Size +

Chapter 2: 2100 October 5th, Tuesday


Welp, two days into the diary of Zlee and I already have an embarrassing story to share.


So it was lunch time and I was in the dining hall, sitting on the far left near the walkway cutting through the middle of the table arrangements. Nyrle was there of course, as was Wojis, Soaph, Kuola, Veldel and, of course, Maggie. All of us were wearing light clothes: short-sleeved and hemmed tops, skirts and shorts, flip-flops, sandals, flats or whatever except for Maggie. She had a hoodie and some sneakers on.


So we’re about halfway into eating, chatting and all that. I think Soaph was teasing Maggie about how she eats so little. At the same time, Nyrle was talking to me about a class I should take next semester. Right around that time my tummy made the weirdest noise and I immediately felt sick to my stomach.


Like, it was lightning fast. I went from 0-100% sick in an instant. I felt something coming and without even thinking turned my head and hurled.


Now, that would be embarrassing enough right? But at the same time some blonde-haired student and her boyfriend (or guy friend who knows) were walking by and... yeah. The girl there was closer to me and turned at the noise, so it just kind of went all over her.


The whole hall gasped. That woman just booked it out the door, screaming and crying while her boyfriend ran after her. Meanwhile I wiped my mouth with my bare arm out of reflex and just, ew.


Then I hear “Oh gosh are you ok!” from Nyrle and she’s passing me a napkin. That’s Nyrle, always kind-hearted.


The rest of the gang was all worried too. Although actually Maggie, always the odd one out, was a bit transfixed on the woman running out at first. Then someone else at the table shot her a glare and she passed over a napkin too and did the whole ‘are you ok’ spiel.


And yeah I was ok. Soon as I threw up I felt better. None got on my clothes and I barely got any on me. I also managed to get a pass to take to the rest of the day’s courses off. Like, yeah it’s college so I don’t have to show up if I don’t want to, but some classes have an attendance policy, and after a quick trip to the campus health center they gave me an email-note I can forward to my professors to dodge that for a day.


So, now I’m back at my dorm just taking it easy.


As for what caused it? Well I didn’t know at the time. I didn’t overeat or anything that’s for sure. However, I was the only one at the table who had the loaded-spiced bread dish. Can you guess what spice they put in the bread and forgot to label?


That’s right, ginger. So of COURSE I threw up immediately. That’s stuff an emetic for me. When I mentioned I had spiced bread to the nurse she sighed all exasperated and stuff. Apparently I wasn’t the only one for whom this was a problem.


Well, at least I wasn’t the only one with an embarrassing day I guess.


---