- Text Size +

Chapter 9: 2100 October 12th, Tuesday


Classes were back today, and I had to cope with the fact that Brock was gone. There were plenty of other handsome human men on campus to feast my eyes on, but none to rival Brock. At least, none I’ve found yet.


Overall, the day was about what you could expect for post-holiday classes. People were less into focusing than usual, professors included.


There were also plenty of classes today. Nyrle was busy as was the rest of the gang. So, not the most interesting day.


I feel as though I have to write about something though.


The only event of remote note was during lunch. The gang was eating all together, with our plates of food stacked far higher than Maggie’s comparatively meager meal. It was while eating that we all saw someone walk by. It was a bit of a scene in fact.


A blonde student walked in with a man by her side. She was covered in burn scars on almost every part of her exposed skin. Her face was pretty messed up, half of her face in particular was really scarred. One eye was gone, just a scarred eyelid there basically.


We realized it was the woman I threw up on last week. Poor gal. I’m glad she’s feeling better from it all though. Scars are still considered healed for humans after all.


She looked at our table briefly before looking away and walking faster with her boyfriend deeper into the cafeteria. We ended up finishing our food before seeing the pair again.


Anyways, after finishing all the classwork I felt like doing, I relaxed by catching up with some shows on my laptop.


---

[Author Note: Hello! I hope you are enjoying the story. I discovered when trying to upload this chapter to GiantessWorld that there's a 500 word minimum per chapter. So, as it was I couldn't upload. As in, I was blocked by the system.


I thought about how to make this chapter 500 or more words. I considered trying to add more to the events of the day in the story, but I couldn't think of anything that wasn't just filler. Moreover, I don't want to set the precedent of tailoring my story just to meet the requirements of a website, even if they are reasonable.


So, I figured I would just write some fun facts here about this story until the 500 word mark at least. The content related to the story, but at the same time I'm not disruptive to the original vision I had for the chapter. Please feel free to scroll by this and start on the next chapter if you want.


Originally the Zenith, Zlee especially, were way crueler. I also originally planned they would be able to absorb the sentience/consciousness of any creature they ate or hair-plugged. The idea being they would trap it in their bodies and torment it when bored. Was gonna work for both gams and humans.


I had originally intended to write only one week of diary entries with every entry being way shorter. I foolishly thought this story would be under 10k words...


Half of Zlee's friends were originally just planned to 'just be there' in some scenes so she didn't seem like she only had a couple friends. I ended up writing more about those characters than I thought I would.


The reason I don't name the fictional university is cause I was too lazy to think of a name. I imagine it's in a temperate region of the USA.


Ok that's enough. Please enjoy the rest of the story if you'd like!]

---