- Text Size +

Chapter 13: 2100 October 16th, Saturday


What a day. I don’t even know where to begin writing about it.


I guess it makes the most sense to start around the time we went to the party. Not much of interest happened before then. I finished up the work I needed to, and then just studied or goofed off till it was time to head to Mitch’s.


So I had the address from Soaph, but we all decided in a group chat to just head there together, since it’d be easier.


So, we met up on the edge of campus and went off. It was me, Nyrle, Soaph, Wojis, Kuola and, funnily enough, Veldel. She decided to come too.


Our outfits were the usual, always preferring to dress light. Some things to note were that Kuola had painted her toes a nice shade of blue similar to, but lighter-toned than, the shade Nyrle’s were. Wojis had also painted her toe and finger nails with an orange shade to match her hair.


Veldel almost never painted her nails and this was no exception, but she was doing the color-shifting thing she liked to do with her hair and skin. This time, her skin was mostly light-red with orange amorphousness circles moving across it. It was like one of those lava-lamps again. We complimented her on it even though I thought it was still a tad tacky in a way. Still cool though I guess.


Anyways I had three containers of gams with me. Soaph and Nyrle had jugs of cleaner. Wojis had a small container of gams herself. Kuola and Veldel planned to contribute nothing to the party other than themselves, it had seemed.


The walk over was pretty uneventful. We chatted about how our classes were going, how hard did we think midterms might be when they finally came along, stuff like that. Though it didn’t rain this morning, some gams were out and about near the sidewalk. We had a quick bit of fun stamping them out before reaching Mitch’s place.


Mitch rented a house just like Soaph’s: one floor. Soaph handled knocking on the door and the host himself answered. He had slick black hair and sunglasses indoors, just like last time I saw him. He had a white v-neck on with a thin gold chain around his neck. His shoes were black--he was letting people wear them indoors it seemed. His jeans were also black. Jeans sure are popular with humans in fall weather around here I’ve found.


“Hey Soaph happy you made it.”, he said. “You are all right on time though some came early and--whoa! You didn’t mention you were bringing, errr friends of yours.”

Soaph grinned and walked in, effortlessly brushing his arm aside with her body. We followed her lead, then started setting things up. Wojis and I set the game containers on the kitchen counter, moving aside from rather paltry plates and bowls of snacks to do so. Nyrle set down her jug of cleaner and leaned against the counter, I could tell she was eager to imbibe.


Soaph talked to Mitch.


“Why, that’s not a problem is it? More Zenith than expected showing up?”

Mitch scratched the back of his neck.


“Oh no. Err I mean, it’s just, I know how you gals like to party, it can get a bit extreme at times you know. This place cost me a bit of money to rent.”

“Relax.”, said Soaph. She started walking over to where Nyrle was, setting down her own jug nearby. She started opening the cupboards to pull out glasses, talking as she did so.


“We’ll behave ourselves, right ‘gals’.”


We all laughed and nodded.


“Besides.”, said Soaph. “You didn’t expect me to hair-plug all your lovely guests without something in exchange did you? Just me alone? No, my friends and I having a good time is the price to pay.”

“Price? Always business with you huh?”, teased Wojis.


“Well Citrus I guess it can just be viewed as a friendly exchange of sorts. Friends helping each other out. Right Mitch?”

She walked back up to him as he replied.


“Well, sure when you put it like that I guess it’s fine, but please don’t break anything.”

“Perfect~”, said Soaph. She lashed her hair at his neck and then pulled it back out after a second or so. Mitch smiled.


“Enjoy the light buzz. Now, then, line up humies, who’s next.”


With Soaph having secured our status here at the party, I took a look around the place. Mitch either had more money than Soaph, or wanted to seem like he did. The house was only a bit bigger than Soaph’s, but it was much fancier despite being roughly the same style. There was a hallway adjoining the main room, which was just the kitchen, some empty space, and a living room just like Soaph’s.


However, his TV was nicer, bigger. Couch was nicer, bigger. He had a nice audio system with big speakers and the lights were in some tasteful enclosures on the ceiling. The floor was lacquered hardwood, barely marred even though everyone was wearing shoes in his home.


The place was also pretty packed. Some humans were here earlier, and many more filed in after us. With the catchy music playing it wasn’t long till everyone was dancing with one another.


Nyrle had already started on the cleaner, I kept an eye on her and she seemed to notice, winking my way once or twice. I caught up with Wojis and Kuola and we talked to Soaph who, by then, was plugged into a few humans with others lining up for a buzz from her hair-plugs. Though it was Mitch’s event, she had already cemented herself as the one who had the keys to the most fun: the real queen of the party.


“No Daisy this time?”, I asked.


“Nah, with Nyrle here I wanted to play it safe. Speaking of which, which glass is she on. Is that her second?”


“I think so.”, I said, and took a look to her. Nyrle swigged it down, taking the gam she accented the beverage down her gullet with her.


Veldel was nearby, leaning against a kitchen counter, chatting up some human while her hand idly fished into the gam container. She paused only briefly to ingest the treats, then stuck her hairs in the neck do that woman she was talking to. The brunette let out a minor yelp of surprise, and her expression seemed to indicate an odd sort of buzz if there was one at all. Who knows what Veldel did to her.


Kuola found a corner and three human ladies of her own to entertain herself with, so that’s what she was doing. I could tell she was giving those humans quite the buzz herself, so it wouldn’t be long till they were swapping spit.


“Hey, speaking of Nyrle.”, said Soaph. “She’s coming over.”

Indeed she was. She walked over with a third (or fourth?) full glass of cleaner in one hand, then reached out with her other to take up mine.


“Zlee, let’s dance.”

“Sure, but put the drink down while we do.”

She scoffed.


“You don’t need to oversee my drinking.”

I laughed.


“I don’t want you to spill it.”, I said.

“Ah good point, we’re guests here after all.”, said Nyrle.


Smiling at each other, we moved towards that free area in front of the adjoining-doorway to the hallway, which people were treating as the dance area due to all the space.


Nyrle wasn’t the best dancer, especially not with a couple glasses of cleaner in her. I probably wasn’t the best either, but I was better at least. Not that was a hard achievement or anything.


Anyways she was having fun and that’s all that mattered. If any human made fun of her moves (as though theirs were any better...) I had planned to show them a neat trick with their pinky finger called the “reverse bend”. Thankfully that didn’t happen.


Nyrle did step on some guy’s sneakers while dancing though, and he let out a loud ‘ouch’.


“Careful.”, I said. “You know you get when buzzed on cleaner. Don’t lose control, at least not so soon.”


“Oh it’s fine. Probably wasn’t any worse than a weight getting dropped on his toes.”

“How heavy a weight?”

“A small one.”, she said. “Probably.”


I think this is a good time to write about cleaner. So, I mentioned it before. I also mentioned how some stuff on Earth has odd effects on us. Like ginger, a native plant, makes us barf. While, it wasn’t till reaching Earth that we discovered sodium hypochlorite. Also known as bleach, and the slang use of the word ‘cleaner’.


Only bleach seems to work though. We're not eating laundry pods or anything.


Anyways, the stuff gets us feeling a bit funny. Good funny. I’ve never had alcohol, and there wouldn’t be a point since it has no effect on our physiology. However, some humans said, upon seeing Zenith indulge in cleaner, that it kind reminds them of humans getting drunk.


I’m not so sure since even quite a few glasses deep we still keep some lucidity, even if our judgment gets a bit... lax. There’s no hangover or anything either. We could drink as much as we want in theory and be fine. There’s no addictive potential or anything either with us.


I honestly think there’s nothing really to compare it too, because human drugs don’t really work on us, and no human is gonna get the fun effect we do from drinking cleaner. I believe they just die or something. Humans are so fragile.


Anyways I don’t really drink much of the stuff. Maybe one glass one in awhile. It’s just not really my thing. Nyrle also typically avoids it. Typically. Her reasons are different though.


Nyrle is pretty sensitive to the stuff, and knows it. She feels a bit funnier on one glass than another Zenith might. She also gets a bit more loose with her actions and a few other things.


Now that can be a problem in and of itself, cause, well, obviously around humans, a Zenith feeling a bit loopier than normal might not think it’s such a big deal to grab a human with too much strength and yank their arm off or something. Indeed, it gets a little trickier to control our strength on the stuff.


Nyrle is different though. I guess I didn’t go into much detail before, but Nyrle has a gift like the rest of the gang does, and hers is pretty darn special. Really powerful. Yeah, she’s smart and a great student, but that’s not what I’m talking about. Errr, writing about.


I mentioned psionic indexes before, and how the higher yours was the better you were at psychic things. Telekinesis, mostly.


Well, Nyrle’s is ridiculously high. Like, top percentiles. When I wrote about the psionic warriors before, who could juggle tanks and level buildings with a thought, that’s the kind of stuff Nyrle would be able to do I think.


In fact, after she was tested I heard she had some recruitment attempts from the military for their psionic warrior program. But, she was also a big softy and didn’t really want to harm humans or any theoretical space invaders if she didn't have to. She already knew she wanted college and a more normal path to her life.


I hear they still try to recruit her once in awhile.


Anyways, she actually doesn’t like to show off her telekinetic prowess too much. There’s exceptions though. One is when she’s horny, the other is when she’s on cleaner. Then, her modest for her ground-quaking power may fade away once she’s had a few too many drinks so to speak (or so-to-write).


Naturally, one could see how this can cause problems when she’s at parties.


But, she likes to have fun once in awhile so, it’s a balancing act I guess. She doesn’t usually go to parties, and when she does she doesn’t always indulge in cleaner, but when she does indulge... well, I guess I should get back to the events of the day.


So after we finished dancing, she took her glass back up, then dragged me over towards the jugs at the kitchen. I wasn’t really in the mood to take a swig with her, but I did pop a handful of gams into my mouth as some form of solidarity. As she was chugging, I turned towards the front door to see it open. Another guest arrived and my jaw dropped.


It was Maggie! She had on a hoodie, shirt, sneakers: her usual. Her black hair was hanging lose at its short-medium length per usual. She was looking around with those brown eyes of hers, probably to try and find us.


I found her first, evidently. Marching over to her and nudging aside the slow humans in my path. I grabbed her by the shoulders.


“Maggie, what the fuck are you doing here? Didn’t Nyrle tell you to stay away? Get out of here before she sees you.”, I said.


I saw a flash of fear in her eyes as she could see that I was genuinely upset.


“I uh, I’m sorry Zlee. It’s just, the last party was so much fun, I figured I could at least stop by here for a little bit.”


“Did Nyrle or anyone tell you exactly why not to come?”


“I, err, well no.”

“Listen, you don’t-”

“Maggie!”, came a voice I knew: Nyrle’s. My purple-skinned friend sauntered over, another drink in hand. She hugged our human friend tightly after I stepped aside.


“Good to see you Maggie. We should dance.”

“Oh hey Nyrle. Uhh, maybe in a minute I just got here.”, said Maggie.

“C’mon!”, said Nyrle. With that, she reached and tugged on Maggie’s arm, gently at least, leading her human friend to the dance floor. There she finished yet another drink, set it aside, and got to dancing.


I went too, keeping a close eye on the pair and looking for an opportunity to get Maggie away. They were having fun, though Maggie was a slight bit worried with what information I managed to get to her. Nyrle leaned in for a kiss in fact which Maggie reciprocated, not seeming to mind.


I saw the opportunity, as Nyrle distracted herself ogling some of the other human guys and gals dancing around. I moved and asked if I could borrow Maggie for a dance, and Nyrle obliged.


We danced some distance away from Nyrle, me tugging her to hint that was the goal. She... actually wasn’t that bad of a dancer. Not the best though.


Anyways once we had some distance to Nyrle, we spoke again.


“Listen, you need to know that when Nyrle has a few glasses of cleaner in her she’s, well, she’s still the same person I guess but, she can get a bit carried away. It’s not really safe for you dumb humans.”, I said.

“What? What do you mean?”, said Maggie.


“I mean you might get torn in half from her trying to get herself off is what I mean.”, I said.

“What?!?!?”

I guess I should repeat that Nyrle can indulge in her telekinetic powers much more when she’s horny or under the effects of some cleaner. Well, I didn't mention that when she’s under the effects of cleaner, she pretty much always gets horny at some point.


Things don’t get messy when she parties too hard, but they often do. I was hoping today would be an exception.


Alas, I saw her move with a couple guys and gals towards the kitchen counter. She was chatting them up, playing with her hair. I could tell she was trying to woo them into bed. They were, respectfully, noting that she was a bit under the influence of cleaner. So, they were trying to politely decline and get back to dancing.


Very nice of them, even I had to admit. If only it would’ve saved the poor fools.


Nyrle wasn’t taking no for an answer. As they moved away she tugged them back with a bit of telekinesis. The humans slid right back to her, hovering in the air for a few moments for some, while others had their shoes squeak against the lacquered floor as they tried in vain to stop themselves from moving.


Other partygoers noticed, some clapping thinking it was a neat party trick. It might be, under other circumstances. Although actually, I guess it technically still was.


“Come to Nyrle.”, said Nyrle as they were brought up against her body. She kissed one of the human men, who protested at first, but then leaned into it. Having hair-plugs slid into one’s neck will often do that for a human. I noticed that when her lips pulled away, she exhaled a large amount of her pheromones.


“Come with me.”, said Nyrle to him. “You all too.”, she said to the other humans she had tugged.


“I want more though. Takes a lot to satisfy sometimes right?”, she said, laughing.


She looked around the room, and pulled one lady close with her mind, then another rather burly dude.


Then, she turned to Maggie.


“Ah, Maggie, you’ll join me right?”


Maggie gasped! Nyrle reached out with her hand, being theatrical with her telekinetic tug that she tried to do.

Thankfully for Maggie, I stepped in front of her. My own natural resistance to Zenith telekinesis helped to block that grab attempt. Still, Nyrle’s pheromones were flooding the room. Some had reached Maggie by now. I saw her eyelids flutter. She moved to step a little closer towards Nyrle but I stopped her.


I leaned in as I felt Nyrle’s telekinesis harmlessly stop against my body. I opened wide and breathed right in Maggie’s face a thick cloud of pink.


“Run back to campus. Now.”

I was better with pheromones, easily able to overpower and cancel out Nyrle’s. So, Maggie obeyed, running out the door the fastest I ever saw her delicate self go.


I turned back to Nyrle.


“Sorry!”, I said more loudly. “She had to go.”

Nyrle pouted, but shrugged.


“Oh well. I can still have fun.”

She scanned the crowd of humans nearby, which was now a little concerned even with Nyrle’s pheromones in some of their heads.


“I want... you!”

Nyrle telekinetically tugged one more human. This one actually had hair plugs in them though. They flew right off from their spot on the couch next to Soaph and levitated by Nyrle’s side with the rest of her hovering ‘harem’, so to speak.


Soaph gave her hair a bit of slack, but eventually unplugged from the human, who protested at first. Soaph simply shrugged.


“Oh well, good luck in there gal.”

We shot each other a look, knowing we’d have stuff that needed doing in a bit most likely.


Nyrle had enough humans to enjoy herself with and, giggling, she walked into the hallway as they trailed after her, floating a couple inches off the ground. I didn’t follow her, put I did peek around the hallway to see that she entered what looked like the master bedroom. The door shut behind her, and it wasn’t long till I started hearing some noises.


I went back to the party and released some pheromones of my own only to neutralize Nyrle’s. The humans gradually came back to their senses.


“What the, what was that about?”, said Mitch, walking up to me.

“Don’t worry about it, just enjoy yourself.”

“Yeah, keep enjoying yourselves everyone.”, added Soaph.


And, despite Mitch's apprehensions, everyone did just that, for a little bit. Then it became impossible to ignore what was going on in the master bedroom.


Nyrle was not as restrained under the effects of cleaner, and certainly not with her moans. The walls were not as thick and soundproof as our dorms that's for sure, and she had no shame shouting out her ecstasy. It wasn’t long after the first few that the entire house started to shake: lightly though, just lightly. Like the tiniest earthquake that would still be noticeable. The sound of stuff breaking and the occasional yelp or curt scream echoed in the hallway too.


Mitch, indignant, stomped into the hallway. I followed after him as he stood outside the door Nyrle had entered.


“What the fuck is she doing in my room?”

He put his hand on the knob.


“I wouldn’t go in there if I was there.”, I said.


He paused a moment, but then a sound wrung out. Glass shattering.


“Is that my TV? Fuck. I’m going in.”

He opened the door.


“Listen.”, he said. “This is my party and what the fuck!??!?”


Not even a second after the door was flung open did he float off the ground and fly into the room.

“Nooo!”, he shouted. I heard something crack along with Nyrle’s indulgent moaning.


I used my own, much more meager telekinetic abilities to shut the door again.


I went back to the party to see more humans were concerned. Some were trying to leave, but Wojis was already standing in front of the door with a smile on her face.


“Don’t worry everyone, just keep having fun. Mitch just had a bit of a trip was all that was. Just enjoy yourselves.”


‘Probably be the last time you can, after all.’ I remember thinking.


The house kept shaking, faster and faster. More frequent too. More sounds rung out. Not just shattering glass but furniture being ripped apart. Other, fleshy sounds too: like breaking bones or tearing flesh.


Then, with a powerful moan Nyrle climaxed. I could tell because I heard the sound of cracking wood, and peeked in the hallway to see that the floorboards of the hallway were ripped up from the telekinetic force alone.


Knowing she had calmed down, I opened the door to take a look.


It was a massacre. Mitch’s entire bedroom was painted red with blood. Giblets were everywhere. White shards of bone were scattered around. The windows were broken: chunks of the wall were torn out. The ceiling was caved in where her mind tore at it. The entire floor had holes where her telekinetic might had seemingly randomly pounded into it.


Nyrle herself was on the queen-sized bed atop a veritable crimson slurry. There were only a few recognizable bits from the people she brought in with her. A severed head or two. The rest of them was just utterly pulverized or torn apart, either by Nyrle’s body or telekinesis during one fit of ecstasy or another.


My light-purple-skinned friend had a blissful look on her face, smiling as her eyes were half-lidded. Still riding the afterglow no doubt.


I shook my head, chuckled, and shut the door. I went back out to main room of the house. Kuola already stood nearby to greet me, her three humans pheromoned up and plugged by her hair. They hung near her body, massaging her shoulders as though they couldn’t get enough of touching her green skin.


“How bad was it this time?”

“Not the worst.”, I said. “Still really messy though.”

Kuola sighed.


“What a shame.”, she said. She sifted her fingers through the hair of a tan-skinned woman by her side.


“These ladies were really nice.”, she continued. “Oh well, sorry gals.”


The women hanging on to her started to grunt in pain as they began to shrink.


I called out to the party.


“Alright everyone. Sorry but it’s time for the least favorite part of any party: cleanup. Well, at least for you all it’s not that fun.”


The rest of my Zenith friends got the message. Some humans complained, most were confused. One walked up to Wojis to try and shove her aside to get out. She simply snapped his neck.


People started to panic, so I let my pheromones loose throughout the entire room.


“Don’t panic.”, I said. “Outside is even worse than in here.”


That kept them all from trying to escape, though didn’t help much for any fear they might’ve felt.


Soaph started shrinking the new entourage she had built up around her on the couch. One moment they were dutifully massaging her body, but the next they were shoved to the ground, shrinking rapidly to sizes lower than an inch.


“Soaph, no!”, one shouted as she stood up from the couch.


“Sorry, you were great clients, but friends come first.” She moved her bare right foot over them and flattened them down. Despite the apology, she looked like she enjoyed the feel of that. She wiped her blue foot on the floor before sliding it back in the flip-flop with her other following suite. The foot those humans were just obediently rubbing had stomped them.


Kuola picked up the three women she had shrunk and stuffed them in her mouth, one by one. I imagine she wanted them to be together with her in some interesting sense of the word. I’ve been there this week, kind of...


With no one trying to run out thanks to my pheromones, Wojis got to work. She must’ve not been hungry or anything cause she just started ripping at people with her hands. She popped heads off humans as though they were dolls. I saw her fist go through a guys chest, splattering blood on the friends he was protecting before she cleaved through all their bodies in one deft and wide kick.


Soaph was quick to shrug off her languid relaxation. Her hair flailed like the snakes of medusa, lashing out at the humans around her and, with just one or a few strands each, started shrinking them rapidly. The humans let out cries of anguish as they dwindled down and down.


I stepped on a few as I moved to the kitchen where some humans were huddled up and hiding.


There, Veldel was closest and already hard at work. She didn’t waste any time, almost as if she was waiting for this.


Laughing to herself, she lashed her red-orange hair out towards every human she saw. She was injecting them with who knows what. One woman she hair-plugged screamed as her skin started to blister all over. It was like she was burning from the inside or something.


Another guy Veldel lashed her hair at basically started melting, his skin sloughing. His body fell off the top of his knees and to the floor, whereupon his legs fell over and, face down, he just sort of liquefied.


Ever the sadist, she was really enjoying herself. I even saw her use telekinesis on some human running by, snapping their limbs the wrong ways so they’d fall over before she looked down and drove her hair into their body.


I also noticed her shrinking some humans too. But, instead of stomping them out or swallowing them down like the rest of us, she was putting them in her pockets. I noticed, and shrugged at her. As long as the humans couldn’t spill the beans on what happened here, I didn’t care what happened to them I suppose. I’m sure Veldel was planning to have fun with them later in her own way.


As this went on I was helping around that area too. I shrunk one person, stomping them flat while I dealt with others at their normal size. I was a bit efficient with it: like Wojis I mostly just yanked off heads or snapped spines. I clapped a dude’s head to splat it. I found some woman hiding on the floor, curled up like a ball.


Pretty pathetic if you ask me. I just stomped down on her head. It ruptured like a pumpkin, but I kind of regretted that a bit for the mess. Nothing I couldn’t shake off the worst of though.


A bit more time and the crowd was pretty much cleaned up. We all started to walk up to each other near the entrance to the hallway.


“Is any human left in the other rooms? Bathroom?”

“No.”, said Wojis. She came out from the hallway area in fact, wiping and shaking off some blood.


“Someone was hiding the bathroom but I took care of that. Other rooms were clear.”

Soaph came over. She had some inch-tall female student’s head sticking out of her lips. The woman reached out with a tiny arm before getting slurped back inside. Soaph gulped as she stood in front of us, holding out her arms.

“I think I got all that’s left. I saved some for you all though.”

In her arms were four one inch tall humans. Two gals and a guy. Kuola was quick to snatch the first woman so I grabbed the other. Veldel and Wojis got one guy each.


“Thanks!”, I said before opening wide and stuffing the gal inside. I pushed her to the side of my cheek and suckled.


“It’s amazing you can shrink them that small that fast.”

Soaph smiled. “Well, good work stopping them trying to escape. Amazing what pheromones can do.”

“How’s our sleeping friend doing?”, said Kuola, having just swallowed her prize.


“Ah, let’s go get her I suppose.”, I said with my mouth partway full. At that point, I figured I got enough flavor out of my meal and swallowed as well, sending her down to my stomach to sizzle.


We walked to the master bedroom. I almost slipped on a puddle of giblets on the way.


“Ugh, that’s the problem with cleaning up, it always leaves such a mess.”, said Wojis.


We all had a good laugh and went to see Nyrle. She rose from the bed, rubbing her forehead and exhaling. She started putting her gore-stained clothes back on. I could tell she was a bit buzzed still, though getting to her senses.


“I did it again huh?”

“Yeah.”, I said.


“Maggie, though, she’s safe right?!?”

“Yeah I got her out of here.”

“Thanks.”


Wojis swallowed her meal and spoke.

“Yeah well, let’s get you out of here too. Don’t worry we took care of everything. There won’t be a fine for any of us. No humans here can tell the story or anything, and we know campus forces don’t investigate this stuff on their own for safety reasons.”


Nyrle nodded and came with us. We rinsed off in the bathroom best we could.


On the way out, I grabbed the gam containers and Soaph and Wojis snagged what was left of the cleaner jugs. I devoured a handful or two of the gams on the walk back to campus... I shared some with the others too of course. I’m not that greedy...


We helped Nyrle get back to her dorm before heading back off to our respective places for the night.


I could tell the exact time the cleaner fully wore off on Nyrle, cause she blew up my phone with ‘thank you’s for getting Maggie out of there. Maggie sent a thanks as well, though she sent only one text instead of, like, 20.


I worried Maggie would be upset about the whole pheromoning thing but, if she was, it wasn’t enough to not thank me for saving her sorry ass, ha! I’m sure the dozens of ‘I’m so sorry!’ Text messages she’ll get from Nyrle will be karma for the trouble she caused.


Long night so I’m just gonna rest for the rest of it... huh, rest for the rest of it... doubling words.


Anyways, despite the hijinks it was still a fun day. It can be nice to let lose once in awhile with a good party.


---