- Text Size +
    “So, how’s your Dad,” Alice asked Sandra as they entered the theater.“He’s got one more day left in the hospital.”“That’s good to hear,” replied Alice.  Sandra and Alice took their seats in the school auditorium.  As more people came into take their seats, Alice looked through the Program (you know, those little pamphlets you get when you enter a theatre) she had and began to look through it. She came across Kyle’s profile and turned to Sandra.“You never did tell me how you meet Kyle,” she said. “Well,” began Sandra, “it all started during my first year here. The school likes to put on a talent show every year to show what their first year students are capable off. I entered the show to show off my skills as a conductor.”“Wait,” Alice interrupted, “you mean you conducted an orchestra for your school talent show?”“Yep,” replied Sandra, “one of my dreams is to become a movie composer and I figured I’d learn how to conduct as well. I spent a lot of time in elementary school reading books on music and during middle school my music teacher became a personal tutor of sorts to help me with conducting and composing.”“So where does Kyle enter the picture?”Well,” said Sandra, “he went out on stage before me and”Sandra stopped and began to giggle.“What did he do,” Alice asked. “You should’ve been there; he was dressed up as Freddy Mercury. He even had the mustache. ”“Good lord,” Alice replied, trying not to laugh.“And boy did he wow them,” said Sandra, “he opened up his act by singing One Vision and he had their undivided attention. I swear he would have made the real Freddy proud. When he was done, I talked with him back stage and the rest is history.”“So how did you do?”“Good,” replied Sandra, “I just conducted a few of my favorite pieces of music from stuff like The Magnificent Seven and Back to the Future, but the show pretty much belonged to him by then.”“Did you date him after that?”“I did,” said Sandra, “but is it ok if I ask you something?”“Sure,” replied Alice.“If you’re on parole, then doesn’t eating Frank violate it or something?”“Well, I had a talk with Commissioner Garrison a while ago before you picked me up,” said Alice, “and he told me that since there no one at my hearing mentioned anything about eating the most dangerous man in the world, but I think I know why he really let me off the hook.”“Why do you think they let you go?Before Alice could answer, the lights dimmed and the audience fell silent. The curtain rose and play began. The production was surprisingly elaborate. The sets were detailed and the costumes were of high quality. The performers were also very good. Alice wasn’t expecting much from the cast, but to say she wasn’t impressed would be lie. Kyle was outstanding as Inspector Javert. Despite the fact he wasn’t the focal point of the story he gave it his all. The rest of the cast was equally incredible. No one messed up the songs and they all had excellent singing voices. Despite the length of the play and the chaos of the intermission the two of them thoroughly enjoyed themselves.      After Kyle, along his fellow cast members took their bows at the end of play, he walked into his dressing room exhausted. His throat was soar and all that time in the costumes made him produce what felt like gallons of sweat. He changed into his regular cloths and walked out the back door. Suddenly he was exposed to what people who spend too much time on the internet call a “glomp.” Sandra had ambushed with a hung that nearly knocked him off his feat. Alice was next to her, giggling. “Whoa now,” Kyle exclaimed, “so, how was I tonight?”“Great,” replied Sandra, “you were great.”Behind her was Alice who nodded in agreement. “Well,” said Kyle, “I think it’s high time I get home. I’m beat. Where’s the car?”“Who needs a car,” said Sandra as she let go of Kyle, “when you have me?” She and Alice began grow bigger, and bigger until they were both 70 ft tall. However, their cloths remained intact. Sandra then picked him up. “Your cloths,” said Kyle, “how can they”“They’re made of Elstium.” Sandra answered, “We got them cheap at Penny’s.”Alice then approached Sandra and said, “thanks for the date.”“Your welcome,” Sandra replied, “you know, judging from your actions last night, I think you’d make a great Superhero.”“Thanks,” replied Alice, “but I think I want stay out of that kind of stuff. I want to make a living for myself that doesn’t involve being brutalized.”She then kissed Sandra on the lips.“See you around,” she said and walked off as Kyle and Sandra waved goodbye.       Strong-arm sat in his new home, a bland unappealing maximum security prison cell with thick grey walls. He wore a maroon jumpsuit that barely fit him and a restrainment collar that prevented him from even touching a single person. He lay on his bed that was a couple sizes too small and closed his eyes. As he began to doze off he heard the sound of something hitting metal. He looked up at an air vent that could house a normal sized person. The vent vibrated every time there was another clang. Then, whoever was in the vent kicked out grate, and leapt out of the duct.  The man was wearing dark cloths and stared at Strong-arm with his icy cold baby blue eyes.  “Frank,” Strong-arm gasped. “Missed me,” Frank asked. “I thought you were dead.”“I was born again,” replied Frank as he approached Strong-arm.“Are you here to break me out,” he asked.      The prison guards herd an ear piercing scream come from Strong-arms prison cell. They rushed to the maximum security wing but when they got to the holding cell, it was empty. However they get to see the cells new red paint job.