- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

More meetings and important question...

Devon punched as hard as he could. He didn't hold back, he didn't use any arbitrary percentage, he didn't use just his fist, but also had a bit of a runup and knowing how to use his entire body to throw a punch he hit as hard as he could. He had to.
Devon and his friend, Michael, were car dealers celebrating a huge sale they made just a few hours earlier. Walking from bar to bar, being completely wasted, they found themselves on the 9th Street without even realising it. Not finding any place to drink, they saw a store. They didn't have enough mental capacity to check if it was opened, trying to overpower it instead and causing a large commotion. They saw a person coming down to them and asking to leave. Devon's friend responded in not so kind manner and he... disappeared.
The remaining car dealer didn't want that to happen to him, he just wanted his friend back. So he tried his odds.
Right when Devon felt his fist connecting with the strangers face, he felt himself collapsing, dropping to the ground.

***

It was Friday already. Dan looked at the clock with impatiently, but here were still three minutes left to his break time. He could already see her through the store window, sitting on the bench and waiting for him.
Ever since that first time, they were meeting at the same hour, on the same spot, on every working day. Both of them barely shared any personal information during that time, just chatting about current events, weather, and how they felt. These daily conversations barely carried any deeper weight or meaning and yet it was something to look forward to in the daily routine. A break, that everyone needs for mental health.
Just as he finished restocking an expensive champagne bottle, the clock hit the break time.

"Go. Don't keep your mistress waiting."

Oda Tanaka said, looking at him with a serious expression. Dan thought for a short second about his strange choice of words before quickly grabbing his backpack and going outside.

She was there, sitting on a bench, her hair glistening in the sun rays. She didn't wear a hat today, and there was another change to her usual attire, a pair of large sunglasses.
Victoria was playing with something in her hand, but it was too small to see from the distance, and when Dan got closer, she dropped it inside her purse.

"Hey." Victoria said, when he sat down.

"Hello."

Dan grabbed his usual sandwich and started eating. None of them spoke in the next few moments, waiting for him to get his fill and actually umake lunch break live up to it's name. Swallowing down the last bite, he washed it down with water.

"How was your day so far?"

"Aside from the early morning, fine." She responded, while moving her head to look at him.

Then he saw it. A large bruise around her left eye.

"Are you okay? What happened?" Dan asked worried.

"Just... I had a visit from annoying neighbours. Don't worry, the speck that caused it already regrets it."

"Did you go to the hospital and checked it out just in case?" Dan asked. Inside he was boiling with anger at whoever left an ugly mark on a beautiful face.

"I'm fine, don't worry. What about your day?" She asked, knowing already the answer.

He looked at her one more time. She insisted, clearly not wanting to talk about it, so he dropped the matter.

"You know, the usual. Well, except for the fact that I memorized another set of codes, this time for cigarettes."

He grinned with pride only known to retail sellers.

"Nice, congratulations."

"Other than that I was thinking if I should cycle to work, you know, get that fresh air."

She nodded, without saying anything.

"So, I was wondering..." He started, clearly with something serious in mind.

***

Time stopped for Victoria. She knew that he was about to ask her out. After the morning issues she wasn't sure if coming today was a good idea. It still hurt and having a black eye brought back her self evaluation issues. She always tried so hard to look good, to be the best she could be. Or at least to be better than all those people. But now she just looked like another hoe from the street.
She saw Dan differently. His hair was usually in slight disarray, he was quite loud in chewing his meal and she didn't like the careless way of him handling his backpack. He was full of flaws that should make him disgusting for her. And yet, she liked him. She liked a normal human, and was willing to go so far for him to include him in her daily routine.
Victoria knew that she was probably getting too friendly with him. That sooner or later he would just become another disappointing memory. She had plenty of those in her life, why should she get more?

"... Would you be interested in going out with me tomorrow? Like, to go see a movie, or something?"

The question has been asked. There was no taking it back. Victoria wished for a moment that he was just a bench friend that she spied on when she was bored. But he asked for more now. And she had to refuse. Her mind was set, so she said...

"I'd love to."

Her insanity answered for her, being stronger than her will. She didn't mean to! She was supposed to say something else!

"How about we meet here, tomorrow at noon, and then we can go grab a bite or something?"

He asked again. She could still change her mind, she could find an excuse. She could say no!

"That sounds wonderful. Can we exchange phone numbers, just in case?"

"Sure."

Victoria opened her purse and was about to pick up her mobile device when she saw a tiny that managed to turn on the touch screen and desperately trying type something. She flicked the shrunken person away, into the other side of her purse, and picked up her mobile cell phone.
After exchanging numbers and him leaving on the break, she pulled out tiny from her purse and while looking at him, gulped with anxiety. Victoria knew she was getting a bit careless with her tinies. She had to be more careful. Otherwise the entire world would turn against her.
With that thought she moved the tiny body between her fingers, and then broke it with one move.

***

Back at her apartment, she was preparing for tomorrow, trying to decide what to wear. It wasn't an evening date, so she shouldn't go too sexy, just only enough to make everyone else jealous of his partner. Obviously the black eye is still going to be there, but hopefuly sunglasses and a bit of makeup could cover it... For the most part.
But what about the colour? Her every day purple wouldn't do.
She tried picking, while playing watching a tiny trying to escape from the table she put him on. She told him that if he can go down on his own, and survive, she would return him to his normal size.
He was sliding the table leg in a slow pace, taking his time with the task. When he was almsot at half way mark, the giant woman got closer to him, bending over, opened her mouth and gave him a long lick, causing the tiny to lose balance and drop to his death.
Victoria looked at the stain on her floor, and said:

"Yes, red will do."