- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

A chapter when She and He meet for the first time.

Rob was riding through the sleeping city on his motorcycle. He was just a simple biker that a few weeks ago got chosen by his gang boss to become the night rider. Or, as mundane people knew it, a courier. His task was simple - get to the stash at three in the morning, take out a small package with merchandise, and bring it to the boss's hideout. He was also told to specifically not go through the 9th Street, even though it was the shortest route. Well, a few days ago he almost got busted by the patrolling cops a few blocks away, so he decided to go against the orders of his boss, and tried riding through the dreaded street. And... Nothing happened.
Feeling cocky, the next night he tried it again. And again. His roaring engine was causing apartments lights to turn on, being so loud that nobody in the area was able to sleep. On the fourth night he noticed an angry looking woman, sitting on a bench next to the store. He waved at her before speeding into the night.

He didn't know that the fifth night was about to be his last. That the woman he was not letting sleep would take matters into her own hands. That the next time he was passing her, there would be a blue light signaling his incoming doom. That he would become just a tiny speck at the sit of his bike, before laws of physics fire him off in the distance like a catapult under a crashing bike. That his shattered remains would be carefully scooped up with a tissue and just thrown into the trashcan. 

And that his bike from now on would serve a much more responsible owner.

***

For the next week Dan was coming to work at ten. He wasn't needed earlier. Oda Tanaka was at his spot at the counter and kept giving instructions to a younger man.
The work wasn't so hard, but there was a lot to do, so Dan was busy with stocking shelves until break time. During afternoons he was manning the cash register under the sharp eye of his boss. His mistakes were becoming less frequent, he could count money fast enough so that the clients stopped getting impatient while he was giving them a change. And, after work, he moved on to clean.
After that first time, the doors towards the staircase were locked, so maybe he wasn't meant to go in there are all.

Next week he began to take his lunch breaks outside, on a bench nearby. Dan saw that there was pretty much nobody ever sitting on it, and it looked clean enough. Few days later, when five minutes of break on the bench, he heard a feminine, soft voice.

"Hi, is this sit taken?"

The woman asked. He looked up from his double cheese sandwich. She looked a few years older than him, shorter than him, maybe five foot seven. She was wearing a simple, purple summer dress. He liked her oval face. From the bottom of her round hat he could notice strands of blond hair.
In her right hand she was carrying a plastic cup with some kind of cold, dark liquid inside. Probably a soda. Her deep, blue eyes looked at him with anticipation.

"Shah pfafen." Dan said, but his mouth was full, so his words became an non articulate mumble. He swallowed and then tried again. "Sorry. Its not taken, please, have a sit."

He said and moved his backpack so she could have more space.
She sat with an uncommon to the kind of place grace and mannerism, crossing her legs, looking into the distance, and taking a sip of her soda.
Dan thought he heard a scream or a shout when she did that, but it was barely audible and didn't repeat itself, so he soon forgot about it.

"I've never seen you in this neighborhood. Did you just move here?" She asked, still looking away from him.

"No, I live in the other side of the city. I'm just working for mister Tanaka. I'm Dan." He introduced himself, extending a hand.

She looked at him for a few seconds, considering what to do. Finally, they shook hands.

"My name is Victoria. How do you like the job at the store?"

"It's good. My boss keeps me busy, but he is fair in his demands."

He said, while biting on the sandwich again.

***

Victoria was looking for an opportunity to talk to this guy alone for some time now. Observing him every day from the distance, she learned his working habits and that he spends his breaks here. She decided to give him a chance, maybe he isn't as despising as the rest of this world. Her attitude towards most humans was obsessively negative and life had worth for her as long as it was useful and didn't bother her. The woman's firm belly grumbled loudly, as it was working through her most recent victim. A mugger that thought he could get away with robbing her on the street in broad daylight. She picked him up just an hour ago, and now he was swimming in her digestive acids mixed with a cheap soda.

There was also one more tiny hidden in her sock. She literally shrunk this one on the way to this meeting. He tried to hit on Victoria but she was in a hurry and didn't want any delays. After initial rejection, he tried again, asking for her number. That was the greatest mistake of his puny life.

She looked at her conversation partner that clearly didn't mind the louds sounds of her stomach. He finished his sandwich and she knew that there was still time before his break had to end. 

He was only twenty two, but looked handsome enough for some unlucky woman to fall for him. His skin was a bit pale, probably didn't spend that much time outside. His face actually looked pretty decent, for her standards. It was a bit round and she liked the way he smiled while not exposing his teeth. Maybe they can be friends, or... Or maybe she can take him into her apartment and turn him into a new plaything?

She considered and wanted to say something, when she felt an annoying movement around her ankle area. She moved her feet and pressed the back of her shoe to the ground, just a bit, not strong enough to obliterate the tiny, but sufficiently enough to show him that she doesn't tolerate annoying people.
Finally, she could focus on what to say, she opened her mouth and...

"It was nice meeting you, but I gotta get back to work. See you around." Dan said, packing his things and leaving.

She was left alone, cursing herself that she didn't speak earlier. She craved conversation with him. To see what kind of man he was, to see if he deserved to stay and walk among other humans...
It was too late for that today.
But it wasn't too late to torment a tiny inside her sock.

***

Victoria went back to her apartment using a staircase behind the building. The person that she wanted to speak with was just a floor below, working, cleaning, selling. But she had also someone else to entertain her.
After removing her shoes, she violently plucked out the tiny from her sock and checked his condition. He was breathing fast and his chest area had blue marks on it. Probably a sign of broken ribs.
Seeing how she isn't going to get much use of this one, she decided to finish him off by just squishing him. With him being just a one inch shrinkie, it wasn't a problem at all.
All she needed to do was to close her gloved hand into a fist... and done!