- Text Size +

Noah had almost no time to brace as the deluge of light brown liquid slammed into him.

 

At his size, spilled coffee constituted a tidal wave almost twenty feet tall.

 

He found himself slammed into the polished black floor, and for a moment, there was no way to know which way was up.

 

His eyes burned at the coffee enveloping him. His skin felt like it was on fire. He felt himself roll around across the ground, over and over and over again. Just when his lungs felt like they couldn’t take it any longer, the spinning stopped, and Noah found himself laying face first in the scalding liquid which had spilled out in hundreds of miles in every direction.

 

“Do you have any in your purse?” He heard the blaring sound of the giantesses above him.

 

“Yeah, I have a few. Let’s clean this up.”

 

Exhausted, Noah rolled from his stomach to his back, and wiped the residual coffee from his eyes. Every inch of him burned, but thankfully, at least he could breathe.

 

As he opened his eyes, he could see the two colossal women towering above him—looking directly at him.

 

“Help…” he croaked. His lungs had coffee leaking within them, and he couldn’t help but cough and sputter. Even at his scale, his voice came out like a weakened, soft moan.

 

Above him, the women seemed to be digging into the taller woman’s purse. Her autumn hair obscured her face from him, but from this distance she may as well have been buried in a fog.

 

Noah lifted himself to his feet, ankle deep in the coffee. Thankfully, the cool polished ground had cooled the fluid to a more tolerable level, but Noah’s arms still burned crimson red. Gathering his energy, he looked back up at the women.

 

“Please!!” He shouted—ever stronger now. “Down here, please!!”

 

Of course, it was useless and he knew it, but he had to try regardless.

 

Meanwhile, up above, the women had found what they were looking for—a pile of thin, brown napkins.

 

The taller woman—a thousand feet tall for him but five foot nine for everyone else—began to pull a single napkin from the stack, and began to squat.

 

Noah felt fear shoot up his back as the taller woman lowered herself down. In her hand, a massive brown napkin the size of a football field was beginning to lower.

 

“Shit, shit!” Noah screamed. He began to trudge through the coffee, looking for any way out of the puddle, but the deepness off the coffee made it difficult to move any faster than a walk.

 

Behind him, the first napkin hit the coffee—quickly soaking up the spilled drink. Noah could feel the coffee beneath him be pulled towards the saturated napkin, knocking him onto his feet.

 

The current was too much, and even at ankle deep, knocked Noah to the floor. He was able to turn to his back just in time to see the giantess’ uncaring glare as she lowered the second napkin right on top of him.

 

Her face disappeared behind the brown paper, and before he knew it, he was covered.

 

Almost instantly, he felt his body conform to the brown napkin as if it were a wet blanket. He struggled to breathe under the immense and damp crushing force. He coughed up the coffee as much as he could and tried his best to keep breathing.

 

If he could just stay alive for a few more moments, he thought to himself. Then, the woman would pick the napkin up and he could breathe again.

 

Just as his hopes were beginning to rise, a voice above let out a disgruntled moan.

 

“Ugh!” Came one of the giantesses, “it’s not soaking up.”

 

“Just press it in,” came another voice. “Hurry up.”

 

“What?” Noah wondered aloud. But he wouldn’t have to wonder long.

 

Above him, he could just barely see the women through the semi-translucent brown paper. And up above, he could see the jagged, angular sole of a Fila Disruptor fill his vision.

 

“Please, god, no!” He shouted up. But even still, the sole descended on a spot covered in napkins a few feet away.

 

The napkin crumbled and pressed flat against the ground, forcing even more liquid to soak into the napkin. The woman pressed gently with only the toe of her shoe, but for Noah, it may as well have been the crushing force of a thousand buildings.

 

The shoe lifted, and Noah watched helplessly as the sole of the shoe lifted above and over him, only to descend upon a spot just above his head.

 

He screamed as he watched the heel section of the Disruptor descend closer and closer to him only to stop just a few feet above his head.

 

Over and over again, the woman pressed her shoe into the napkins to help the coffee soak into them. It was a miracle that Noah did not find himself underneath that impossible weight.

 

Afterward, he watched helplessly as her perfectly manicured fingered lowered down and began lifting the napkins from the ground. He felt himself sucked up from the ground, stick to the underside of the napkin, and crumbled into a loose, wet ball of paper.

 

Everything spin and shook, and Noah found himself vomiting against the paper as he moved.

 

Still, surrounding him, he could hear the voice of his captor:

“I’m sorry, do you have a trash can back there?”

 

“Sure!” Came another voice.

 

Noah felt himself tossed into the air, only to feel his wet prison crash down again.

 

The force shook the wet ball of napkins so aggressively, Noah felt himself dislodge from his position and freefall for just a moment, before landing on a stack of loose papers.

 

Catching his breath and looking up, he could see what had happened.

 

All around him were smooth, black, plastic wall rising hundreds of feet above him. Above that, he could see the face of another woman—this one a bit younger than him and still coated in a later of acne—disappear as it moved away.

 

He had been tossed into the trash.

 

After all of the chaos of the past few minutes, Noah found himself surprisingly relieved in his current position.

 

Around him, papers and receipts lined the ground of the trash can. Things here were quiet, and aside from the booming sounds of the shopper in the distance, Noah had a chance to catch his breath.

 

Immediately, he reached for his phone—frantically seeing if he could get a signal again.

 

But as he tried to turn the phone on, he could tell it would be no use—the device had been fried by the tidal wave of coffee.

 

“Alright,” Noah said to himself. “No phone. That’s fine.” He began to look around. “What else, what else…”

 

***

 

For the next hour, Noah crawled all across the surface of the trash in this trash can for anything that could help him scale the walls. Despite all of his searching, all he could find were papers, discarded gobs of gum, and dirt.

 

With no immediate sign of escape available, Noah began tearing strips of receipt paper and tying them across his burned arms. He grit his teeth and screamed at the pain, but he knew he would need to at the very least wrap up his more vulnerable parts before continuing on.

 

“You need to spit that out,” he heard above. As soon as he heard the voice—closer than any voices over the past hour—he knew he was in trouble.

 

And he was right. Above him, he could see the acne-ridden counter girl come back into view—this time, accompanied by another worker.

 

However, this one, he recognized.

 

“Madeline?” he said aloud.

 

Above him, he could distinctly make out one of his closest friends.

 

Madeline was one of his best friends throughout high school—they had even dating a bit in sophomore year, but even after breaking up, the two were the best of friends.

 

Madeline was a bit of an overgrown emo girl—constantly chewing gum, listening to punk rock, and dying her hair a myriad of colors. The hadn’t spoken much since graduation, but he remembered her telling him she had gotten a retail job.

 

However, he didn’t know it was this retail job.

 

“Fine, I’ll chuck it.” Her voice came. Her eyes lowered down into the trash can, and directly at Noah.

 

“Maddie! Hey!” He called out. “Please, down here!”

 

Her eyes stayed flat as her pink lips began to open, and a bright white gob began to poke out.

 

“Wait…”

 

Noah watched helplessly as the gob of gum left Madeline’s mouth and entered freefall directly towards him. The shock of the experience kept his legs locked in place. Within moments, the gum crashed on top of him, and everything went black.

Chapter End Notes:

The story isn't over yet! Got lots more planned. Feel free to leave a review if you're enjoying it or had any other suggestions!