- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Updates for this story will come bi-weekly as its merely a side project that i work in between chapters of "the cellphone"

Prologue

 

            The sun spilled through the vertical blinds illuminating the dank room, which smelled of stale food and dirty laundry. The floor was covered in a sea of clothing which expanded out as far the eye could see. Small creatures streaked across the clothes ridden floor like bombers in the Iraqi skies.

            Jamie lay still in her bed, with blue and black checkered flannel blankets wrapped tightly around her body. Dark brown hair spilled out over the blankets, as her tightly shut eyes masked her true intentions. The blankets slightly rose and fell as Jamie somberly passed through dreamland.

            The room was at peace, as its lord and master slept. The sandman subdued her terror leaving nothing but tranquility for all that encompasses the four walls around her.

            In one corner of the room, this peaceful bliss was not being felt. A small antique nightstand is where this story begins. A tiny man lay sprawled out on the floor of the nightstand staring at the digital clock; his upper body ripped and toned from what looked like a lifetime of hard manual labor. Tiny cuts and abrasions cover his body as he stares unmoving at the clock.  Two bright orange elastic hair bands are tied around his wrists as he stands up. The elastic hair bands run from his wrists to the corner of the nightstand.

The design of the nightstand contains a small wooden loop at the top of each leg. Jamie had tied the orange elastic bands through the loops securing him to the nightstand.

            7:00am hit and the tiny man known as Alarm Clock bolted into action. He tossed a pen cap at the sleeping giant, but it merely strikes Jamie in the stomach and rolled gently down onto the bed. He started backing up towards the far end of the nightstand. The hair bands were tightening by the moment. Alarm Clock found himself unable to go back any farther so he leapt into the air. He flung through the air like he was shot out of a sling shot. Jamie's gigantic form was nearing closer and closer at rapid speed. The world was blurring past him, he grabbed onto a handful of her dark brown locks of hair.  When the elastic bands yanked him backwards he pulled back tightly on the hair. Jamie yelped and slapped him into the nightstand.

            Alarm clock found himself hanging upside down along the side of the nightstand as he watched Jamie extend her long tan slender legs out of bed, her straight dark brown hair was just touching her shoulders. It looked pretty much how it always did, as the most Jamie ever did for hair care was run Comb through it.

            She traipsed across her bedroom uncaring what she stepped on, her floor was littered with clothes, food, bottles and wrappers. It was truly a pit. The room had the constant smell of dirty laundry and stale food. Jamie never seemed to notice though.  It was her domain and she made sure everyone knew it.