- Text Size +

When Katie and Hannah finally returned to their hiding place behind the dresser, Hannah told her tale to her new companion.  The two hugged as Katie comforted the patchwork woman.  Yet in the back of her mind, the disappearance of the early subjects intrigued her.  Doing a bit of math in her head, the captured subjects had vanished into the ether only forty-one days after they were first found.  Even assuming they had managed to stay hidden for a day or two before discovery, that still meant that it only took around six weeks before they would be able to shift away.


But even if they did survive that long, there was no guarantee that they would return to their own dimension.  After all, she had been keeping up with the Virtuva disappearances since they first started, and had never heard of any of the missing people returning.  She could end up transported to another horrifying dimension.  The teleportation could have been triggered by diet instead of time.  But this was her best shot.  Besides, it was hard to imagine a dimension worse than one where giant people could butcher a person, or crush them without noticing.


Katie peered over at the giant on the bed.  He didn’t seem to mean them any harm, or at least could be pursuing them, but wasn’t.  And yet, she had already witnessed him take a life unwittingly.  The grisly sight of her corpse haunted her, still fresh in her mind.


Ernest unplugged his phone from its charger and stood up.  Feeling himself in the privacy of his own room was great and all, but he really needed to piss.  So he beelined for the door to the bathroom.


Gloria woke up from an uncomfortable night’s sleep.  Her bed was rarely comfy.  And while Gloria knew the warden wasn’t really going to do much about that, today it was particularly rough.  In fact, the bed felt like it had no give at all.  Putting her hand down to haul herself upright, something seemed distinctly off.  Now fully awake, Gloria took in her surroundings.


She seemed to be on a large plain of polished stone.  Strange fixtures emerged from the ground like metal trees.  A few impractically large tankards of strange liquid decorated the landscape.  The land was fairly steady, except for a large hole leading deep into the stone and a steep precipice to a long drop.  No wardens in sight.  In fact, she didn’t even see anybody else around.  She made her way over the ledge of the cliff to get a better view of the terrain.  From there, she came to a strange realization.  She seemed to be in an oversized bathroom.  Gloria didn’t really understand the point of making such an elaborate and impractical room, but she figured this was the best chance for her to escape.  Quickly locating a large container labeled “floss”, she started removing the rope so she could lower herself down the cliffside.


As she readied her descent, she heard a voice calling from down below.  Identifying the origin of these distant shouts, she saw a woman trapped in a giant swimming pool in the shape of a giant toilet.  Appropriate for the rooms' theming, Gloria supposed.  Though trapping a person in this unsavory prison was more than a little sick as far as humor was concerned.


“Hey!  Up there!  A little help?”


Trying to fish the other prisoner out of the toilet would be a somewhat taxing endeavor, but Gloria didn’t know what would lie on the other side of the comically huge door out of this strange room.  She decided it would be best to have another set of eyes for her break-out.  In a best case scenario, she might even know something about where they are.  So Gloria decided to grab some more rope to try a daring rescue.


While she was grabbing more floss, the ground started to shake as something approached and the giant door swung open.  Gloria hid behind the container of floss to see what was coming.  To her shock and horror, an absolutely titanic human being walked into the room.  He must have been over a hundred feet tall!  She realized that it wasn’t the room that was huge.  It was her that was small.


Ernest walked over to the toilet and released his thick flaccid cock from its prison.  Aiming it into the toilet, he let a stream of urine loose.  Gloria watched in horror from her hiding spot as the woman in the toilet took a blast of pee directly.  She slipped into the toilet water.  Despite her efforts to resurface, the stream of yellow water pushed down on her and kept her from fresh air or the side of the bowl.  Ernest wasn’t even looking at the woman as his piss held her beneath the torrent.  He still had his eyes glued to the phone, looking at pictures of his soon-to-be-roommate online.  He couldn’t wait until the new arrival came so he could have some real fun.


Ernest shook off the last few drips, and as he looked down, he saw a half-drowned shifter floating in the acrid pool of yellow.  He looked down in disgust.  Normally, Ernest really didn’t have much against the little things, but he wasn’t putting his hand into the toilet to grab a shifter that was almost on death’s door already.  Certainly not when his house was already crawling with them.  Ernest flushed the bug down with the rest of his waste and went to wash his hands.  Gloria didn’t have time to process the cruel death the giant just subjected the stranger to, because he was now approaching the bathroom counter she was hiding on.


Ernest turned the faucet to wash his hands.  He got his hands a bit wet then grabbed the soap to lather his digits.  He squirted a bit from the bottle, when it slipped out of his hands and landed with a loud thud.  It startled Gloria, who lost footing and stumbled face first into the floss container.  Even though the floss package was bigger than her, the flimsy plastic box toppled easily at the lightest push.  Gloria turned her face to the sky to see the cruel giant’s eyes locked with hers.  Her breath stopped from fear, as though the titan’s meer gaze had been enough to command her lungs to submit.


As the bottle slipped from Ernest’s hands, he tried to snatch it midair before it collided with the countertop, to no success.  Apparently, the sound had been enough to startle a shifter hiding amongst the toiletries adorning the side of his sink.  This tiny infestation was really getting out of hand.  After knocking over his floss, the shifter seized up in fear.  It reminded Ernest of a wind-up robot he had when he was little.  It’d go and go until it collided with something, and then the little toy would simply stop working.  He chuckled a bit at the comparison, which just seemed to spook the little thing more.


Looking it over, the tiny didn’t actually look half-bad.  Her body was mostly covered in an orange jumpsuit, but she had cute little dimples and lush black locks.  She could imagine if she had been a real woman, she’d be really popular with the guys at the clubs he frequented.  


The soap sliding down the side of his palm reminded him he was in the middle of something.  He finished washing his hands and dried them off.  He left the frightened tiny sitting on his counter.


As Gloria watched him leave, the breath finally re-entered her lungs.  She was certain the giant was going to subject her to a grisly and torturous death like the other woman.  She was truly at the fickle fancies of the giant, who could snuff out life and allow it to continue on a whim.  She had to escape.  Tying the floss to the sink faucet, she lowered herself down the side of the sink and headed away.  Going in the same direction as the giant was hardly an appealing proposition, but it was better than waiting for a horrific end in her tormentor’s bathroom.


Ernest returned to his bed and began messaging Hanz about plans for the next day.  As Katie and Hannah watched and waited, they saw movement coming from the open door of the bathroom.  But it wasn’t another humongous person, but somebody their own size.  Katie rushed over to greet the newest member of the house, while Hannah remained hidden, still unsure of the large tenant’s intentions.  They exchanged their stories until night struck and Ernest drifted off to bed.  As Katie and Hannah’s stomachs grumbled, Gloria made a path for  the minifridge.  Tossing the rope over the handle, she tugged at the floss, trying to pull the door open.  But she couldn’t pull it open even with all her strength.


Katie saw what she was doing and joined her.  As the door looked like it would open, Hannah joined in.  Together, they pulled open the fridge.  They didn’t want to take much.  They worried if they got caught, the titanic gent would subject them to punishment.  But the trio slipped off with a single leftover chicken nugget, which proved more than enough substance for the three of them.


Things were starting to look up for the trio.



Chapter End Notes:
Is the worst of the three's troubles finally over?  Will they be able to wait out the time left on their clock?  And what of the new roommate that arrives the next morning?  Find out next time!