- Text Size +
“Of course it’s hard, Steph. I’m amazed you’ve been able to hang in through all of this. ’Course, you’re tough.”

“Right,” Stephanie said, staring into her skim mocha latté. She wondered how many skim mocha lattés she’d stared into, talking about relationships falling apart, while Michael sipped on his chai, listening to her vent.

“No, really, I can’t imagine having to go through what you’re going through. You’re holding up really well.”

“I have to,” she said, quietly. “Adam…Adam needs me to be strong.”

“Of course he does,” Michael said. “Of course he does. But you have needs too.”

Stephanie laughed, bitterly. “You know, it’d be easier if he could pull out of his despair. I don’t blame him, I really don’t; God knows he has every reason to despair. If his height would just stabilize…I don’t mind him being smaller. It’s the not knowing when it’s going to stop…or if it’s going to stop.”

“You know, I read a story a while ago, about a guy in…I think it was England, but don’t quote me on that. Anyhow, he was a quadriplegic, totally paralyzed. And he worked it out so his wife and his best friend could have an ongoing affair. Said it saved his marriage.”

“What?”

“Oh, I’m not suggesting you have an affair,” Michael said, “but Adam’s going to have to start caring about your feelings at some point, or you’re going to fall apart.”

“That’s just it,” Stephanie said. “I think if he could get his feet on the ground, if he knew, say, eighteen inches tall, that’s it – I think he could live with that. We could plan, we could figure it out. He could start to rebound. But who knows where this ends? What if he’s the size of a grain of rice, too small for me to hear? How do we live like that? What if it doesn’t even stop there? I can’t…it’s worse than him being paralyzed. Lots of people are. We could figure it out. Hire a nurse, go through rehab, enjoy our time. But this is totally new. Totally new. And I just don’t have any idea how we’re going to make it. And as bad as it is for me, I know it’s worse for him. I mean, I’m not wearing toddler clothes. He is. I don’t need a stepstool to get onto the toilet. He does. I can still cook and clean and take pictures and do everything I ever could, and he can’t. And I feel so…it’s not right that I’m feeling this way when it’s not me going through this!”

“Feelings aren’t right or wrong,” Michael said. “They’re just feelings. You can’t control what you feel, you can only react to it. You feel like this is a big imposition on you, and it is. That’s not wrong. And yeah, you’re right, you owe it to Adam to suck it up a bit – I mean, that’s just the right thing to do. But you can’t be ashamed to have feelings of your own. And you need to vent now and again. I insist on it.”

“Thanks,” she said, smiling weakly. “I feel like an idiot, I haven’t even asked you how Molly’s doing.”

“Oh, we broke up a couple weeks ago,” Michael said, downing the last of the coffee. “Didn’t tell you – I know you’re going through worse.”

“I’m so sorry, Mike! I thought she was a keeper.”

“Yeah, well. It happens. Look, you call me when you need to talk, okay?”

They shuffled the coffee cups into the garbage, and they hugged for a long time, before they broke off and headed out on their separate paths.

* * *

Stephanie entered the house a bit warily, as the lights were all out. She hadn’t been gone so long that Adam would be asleep, she didn’t think. Frankly, if he was going to bed at 9:30, she’d take that as a sign that his depression had deepened to the point of despair, and she’d damn well demand that he go see a psychologist, for all the good that would do.

But as she entered the house, she saw that there was light coming from it, dim, and flickering. She opened the door, and the living room danced in the light of the half-dozen candles, all of which had been set ablaze.

“Adam?” she said, noting that the letters had all been piled neatly in a corner of the table. She saw a note on the middle of the table, with Adam’s handwriting, clear as always, though smaller, with two words written on it.

She smiled. His memory was sound. And if the candles were on lower shelves than they’d been before…well, she understood.

She bounded up the stairs, two at a time, remembering exactly when he’d first done this for her. Their second anniversary. She’d told him then that he could surprise her like this any time, and he did. Often. Until lately.

She entered the bedroom, where he was waiting in the light of the candles, naked. He smiled, then stammered, “I…we don’t…”

“Shhh.” Stephanie said.

She stripped down; they had done this many times. He waited, quietly, for her to lay face down on the towels that he had arranged on the bed, and then, he took out the oils, and began to massage her back.

Adam found quickly that this was not as easy as it had been when he was three feet taller; nevertheless, he found he was enjoying it. He’d taken a class on therapeutic massage in college, mainly because he thought it was a good place to meet girls, but he’d picked up a number of very good tips in that class that allowed him to keep girls once he’d met them. And he’d never met anyone – man or woman – who didn’t like a good massage.

Stephanie loved them. And he loved giving them to her, sliding his hands over her marvelous, toned body, working the oil into her creamy skin, his hands dancing over all the parts of her – all parts he loved. That there was more of her now (at least from his perspective) was not a bad thing. He had always enjoyed this; there was now more of it to enjoy. He put more force into it than he would have at full size, hoping he was equaling his previous output.

Stephanie, for her part, sighed contentedly as the small hands of her lover glided over her back. They weren’t pushing with the force they once did, but she didn’t mind at all. It was still pleasant and sensuous as ever, and she felt the worry about the future wash away as Adam slid his hands along her, caressing her back, her butt, her thighs…it was heavenly.

In due time, she rolled over, allowing him to work his way up her body from toes to breasts. When his face was over hers, she opened her eyes. This was always the point at which she demanded a happy ending.

And so, grinning, she pulled his lips to hers, and gave him a rough kiss.

Adam was surprised by it; he had expected to give her the massage, but he was going to ask quietly if she wanted anything else; he wasn’t doing this to get into her pants. Indeed, he hadn’t done it the first time in pursuit of sex. Yes, it always seemed to lead to sex, but he never minded if it didn’t, because sex was not the sine qua non of the experience. It was Stephanie. Just being with her, making her happy; that was what made him happy. That was all he wanted.

He was surprised by the kiss, but he did not pull back.

He was a bit more surprised when the titaness roughly pulled him up onto her body, but he didn’t pull back then, either.

She was nearly twice as tall as he was, now. As he kissed her he was aware that his stomach lay atop her breasts, that his foot landed just south of her crotch. He didn’t stop kissing her. He decided that as long as she’d let him, he’d make love to her.

He began to work his way down her, amazed anew at the size of her breasts; they had never been small, but now they were immense. His lips grazed her nipples, now damn near as big as his thumbs, but he kissed them hungrily, as she groaned in approval. He slid along her belly, the oil from the massage lubricating things as it always did, preparing to kiss her below, when she said, “stop.”

“What?” he said, looking up at her between the valley between her breasts.

“I want you inside of me,” she said, huskily. “We can come back to that later, if you want to. But right now, I want you to fuck me as hard as you can.”

As their interests aligned nicely, Adam slid back up, bringing himself in for docking. Her vagina was already wet, receptive to him. He fit easily now, of course, but Stephanie still moaned as he pushed himself into her. He put every ounce of energy he had into it, knowing that he wasn’t going too deep into her, but not caring. And Stephanie felt him in her, and she knew it was not as big as it had once been, but it still felt good, Adam and her connected together, and she reached behind him, holding his little butt in her hands, pushing him into her, and he felt himself pushed as far in as he could go, pushing into the woman he loved, his head buried between and beneath her breasts, and he spasmed, and released.

She felt him unload, and sighed, happily. It didn’t matter. It didn’t matter. For the moment, everything was okay.

* * *

“That was a good idea,” she murmured to him, some time later.

“Well, I…I haven’t done much lately but mope. I’m not saying that all is well, but…well, damn it, I don’t know how much time I get with you. I want to enjoy it. I want you to enjoy it.”

She smiled at that. “I’m grateful for every day I get with you.”

They held each other, for a good long time. Adam didn’t tell her about how he’d considered, after she left, just finding a way to end it. How he’d been looking for a razor blade when he came across the matches. He didn’t want her to know how close he’d been to giving up; it embarrassed him. Especially considering what a good night he would have missed out on.

“Steph, if this keeps going forever, if I get so small that you can’t even see me…I want you to do something for me.”

“Huh?”

He swallowed. He knew what he was asking of her. “If I’m going to be the size of a microbe I’m not going to live long after that, right? And frankly, if it gets to that point, I don’t think I want to. So please, if I get so small we can’t talk, so small you can see me…I just want you to turn me loose on your body, somewhere. You pick.”

“Adam….”

“No, I’m serious,” he said. “If I’m going to die, I want to be with you when I do. Just…if you could do that, that’s all I’ll ask. If I’m big enough to see, I’ll keep fighting. But if I get so small that I’m lost to the world….”

Stephanie looked at him, and smiled sadly. “I will,” she said, quietly, and she knew as she said it that it was okay. She imagined him, lost in her cleavage, her breasts the size of mountains, and she sighed. They would be together, even if they couldn’t communicate. She understood.

She hoped and prayed it wouldn’t come to that. Adam did, too.