- Text Size +

Another day dawned. Hannah had once again forsaken any meals, fearing what she would become, not wanting to unleash the demon that took pleasure in the devouring of living, breathing people. As a result, her stomach roared angrily. She was thankful that her family were miles away, in one of the fourteen enormous evacuation centres; each one in itself could be considered a small town. The army presence was still there, but it had shrunk, clearly they felt that the threat had decreased. Despite that, their sights always snapped to Hannah whenever her stomach roared.

Hannah hadn’t spoken since meeting with her family; her expression and stance had returned to neutrality, though she now felt the wind impact her naked skin. It made her feel exposed, and despite her size, vulnerable. No more clothes… her mind lingered on those words; she looked saddened, as though she had lost a friend, when her mind turned towards her nudity.

In the distance, the giantess faintly heard a rabble, and from the side of a hill emerged several troops. Squinting, she could tell one of them had a megaphone “Back away from Ingen! Back away!” he urged, forcefully, but it had no effect on whatever he was calling at. Suddenly, the rabble emerged; something that had lingered in the back of her mind had come true, Hannah’s hunger was replaced with a mixture of shame and fear; A protest was approaching. Their signs waved their voices chanted catchy songs. There were too many to count, there must have been… six hundred people there. Hannah curled up tight, muttering a small and scared “Oh god, no…” under her breath.

“Back away or we will resort to force!” The troop stated, clearly sounding unsure. Hannah’s mind lingered and could only think of two reasons why these people where here; their anger at the massacre of the scientists, and the crushing of the photographer. It had been beamed all over the world; armature videos had appeared on the internet, the news was still flooded with live updates on her, there mustn’t have been a single person alive that didn’t know about Hannah’s brush with madness, and her cannibalistic outburst. The vulnerable giantess almost let out a quivering apology to the approaching crowds, but it was silenced as soon as she realised she did not know what to apologise for first.

The crowd was about a mile from her, give or take, which would have only been a small reach over for Hannah. It was like a Wild West standoff. “Back behind the checkpoints!” The amplified voice yelled once more, clearly no enthusiasm in his tone. A sigh accidently sounded out the megaphone; clearly he did not much care what happened to them at this point. Their own damn fault if they get crushed… he thought, as he got in the back of a jeep.

Suddenly, Hannah realised something, something spontaneous, something joyful and upbeat; the crowd was… applauding, followed promptly by whistling, and cheering. Had someone in the protest just made a good point? Hannah decided to investigate further; she squinted to focus on the signs; the production value of some of them looked rather high, the laminated surface glimmered in the sun, some even had pictures of her on them, along with printed text. Then, Hannah got to actually reading some of them, dread filling her heart at the messages she was about to read.

Hannah can… eat me anytime… Hannah read silently, shrugging that one off thinking it scornful sarcasm. Another sign, belonging to a member of the twitter generation, read simply #feedhannah. Again, Hannah told herself they were just mocking her. The hash tag was dotted throughout the crowd, and suddenly she realised the crowd didn’t look all that angry at all.

Eat us, Hannah.

We are your food.

Our lives for the giantess!

Camera’s and red recording lights were prominent throughout the crowd. In a strange way, this was what Hannah had been aiming for since moving to America. At that moment, she came to another realisation; she had achieved her goal. She was a star; people knew her name and cheered for her. She almost grinned, before reality came crashing back down on her like a brick; the crowd was being deathly serious, so far as she could tell. “You’re… being serious?” Hannah sheepishly asked with scepticism rife in her voice. Then, the crowd burst into cheering and applause, whistling and chanting. “We are food!” The crowd chanted “We are food!”

Hannah could feel something welling inside her; it was that same, dreaded urge from the other day. It was trying to resurface so it could massacre again. Hannah violently shook her head, her blond hair flowing in canon with it. “I… can’t!” Hannah insisted, but the crowd persisted “You’re all people, not food!”

Though her voice protested, her dark recesses of her mind begged her to feast; they were there, they were willing, they were ripe for the picking. Sweat rolled down her forehead, as she bit her lips. ”But you all look…”

The monster was once again unleashed, in all its hunger. But, it wasn’t angry or violent; it was calm, peaceful, dignified, like it had fused with Hannah’s real self, and formed a new being all together. Her hand swept down at hundreds of miles per hour, taking a hundred or so of the supporters into her palm. The troops readied their weapons, but despite thinking they should shoot, they did not know what at, so they held. As she grasped them in her palm, Hannah glared at them contemplatively, a final moment of hesitation. After this, there would be no going back, ever. The look of worry faded, and in its place was a look of calm. With a twitch of her wrist, she sent the cloud of people catapulting into her mouth.

Time stood still, as the taste hit her; tangy, was the first thing that occurred to her; A very tangy, meaty flavour, truly delightful. But they are real people! No way could I… as she thought that, she found her gullet opened without her brains permission; a deafening gulp rang out for the people immersed in her gloopy thick saliva of her dark, murky maw, as they were flushed down her throat.

Hannah’s mind had shut off, as the crowd cheered and celebrated, most finishing their recording and putting down their signs, simply waving up at her instead. As the bird like hand swooped down again, picking up another hundred, another new sensation hit Hannah. Well, perhaps not a new one, but this was certainly the first opportunity she had to take note and savour it. In her belly, she felt a squirming… the people she had just eaten were moving about in her belly, delivering her a massage from the inside simply by moving. Hannah’s face, not for the first time today, looked both stunned and startled. As much as she tried to tell herself she shouldn’t be enjoying it, she adored the sensation. As the second handful of people slinked into her mouth, almost without her noticing, a pleasant aroma emerged in Hannah’s nostrils. Is this what… humans smell like? She thought to herself, remarking in her near-empty mind how bizarre the idea was, that people could have their own aroma, in the same way that any other meal would. The scent was a warm one; meaty, savoury, somehow almost verging on spicy.

Before she even knew it, the giantess had gulped down the second handful, followed by a third, and even a fourth! With every mouthful, Hannah looked less concerned and guilty and more satisfied and casual. Perhaps this was to be one of the main things to help her on her way to recovering from the shock of becoming a giant…

As Hannah savoured every swallow, her stomach felt something it hadn’t felt in days; weighty. Heavy. Full up with food. And there were still one or two more handfuls of people waiting to be devoured. It was at that point Hannah realised what her main source of nutrition would be. If I’m full… and there’s still meat left over…

“That was…” The remaining crowd went very quickly silent, in anticipation. “Amazing! So much flavour, I haven’t felt this full in weeks!” she remarked, to the sound of cheering from the crowds. “But… seeing how I’m full…” Hannah boomed, not realising how confident she suddenly was with speaking. “I’m going to… eat you… later!” It was still strange, telling someone they were going to be devoured. The small, remaining crowd gave a resigned sigh of disappointment. “Just… come back here when I say, I’ll eat you all then!” Hannah let out a cheeky, tiny grin, really nothing more than a sliver on her mouth. As the crowd gradually faded, being led promptly away by the white-in-the-face troops, Hannah gained a moment to contemplate what had just happened. The massage from inside her belly still felt fantastic. Whereas before she felt guilt and sadness from the consumption of unwilling meat, now that the meals were all willing and ready, and she felt no guilt, only satisfaction and happiness, and if the squirming in her gut was anything to go by, so were they. She placed her hand on her belly, her posture beamed as she realised she had managed to address a whole crowd! Hannah, at long last, felt good. Her mind was still hazy and confused about the specifics of what just happened, it had all seemed to go so quickly, but deep inside, she felt… relief. And not just in her stomach; in her heart. It was the first time in days, no, years where she could see a future for herself.