Mercy for the Downtrodden by GuessWho
Summary: In a medieval world shared by humans and giants, a weary traveler discovers an unlikely ally. Can a simple act of kindness forever change both their fates?


This story is unapologetically feet-focused. If that's not your thing, cool. Don't say I didn't give ample warning. I'm not interested in trying to trick anyone into reading.


Categories: Odor, Giantess, Adventure, Unaware, Entrapment, Fantasy, Feet, Footwear, Gentle, Humiliation Characters: None
Growth: Brobdnignagian (51 ft. to 100 ft.)
Shrink: None
Size Roles: F/m
Warnings: Following story may contain inappropriate material for certain audiences
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 13214 Read: 34505 Published: August 14 2018 Updated: September 20 2018
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Chapter 1 by GuessWho

2. Chapter 2 by GuessWho

3. Chapter 3 by GuessWho

4. Chapter 4 by GuessWho

5. Chapter 5 by GuessWho

6. Chapter 6 by GuessWho

Chapter 1 by GuessWho
Author's Notes:
Not enough feet.



"I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein


Marcus traveled along the road, each new step more difficult than the last. It was his third day in a row with no food, and very little water. In his rush to set out on his latest journey, he'd forgone any sort of planning or preparation. There were no towns nearby. Why would there be? Traveling in giant country was dangerous, living within their borders even more so. Maybe he could ask a passing giant for assistance? The thought made him chuckle, even as he fought off pangs of hunger. Next time, provisions would be taken care of first. Next time.

He collapsed in the dirt. The muscles in his legs finally gave up. His body could push no further without food or water. Now he could only sleep. As his eyes grew heavy and his vision dimmed, he felt a sudden pressure on his back. Something strong was forcing his body further down into the dirt, compressing him. He normally would have struggled against the menacing weight, but with no energy left in him, he blacked out instead.

* * *


Marcus woke with a start, gasping for air, with his heart pounding in his chest. It felt more like he’d been resurrected from the dead than simply regaining consciousness. His senses slowly returned to him. The ringing in his ears dulled from a shrill scream to a low hum. The ground he was lying on felt different than he remembered. It was softer, warmer, and the dirt was gone. Rubbing his blurry eyes, he sat up to inspect his surroundings. A huge face stared back at him, two piercing blue eyes watching him intently. The ground beneath him wasn’t ground at all. It was her massive hand. She must have picked him up while he was unconscious. Marcus gathered as much. He fit snugly in her palm. If she closed her hand into a fist, if she felt so inclined, his life would be painfully wrenched from his frail body.

“Are you okay? I wasn’t certain you’d ever wake up.”

Marcus managed a one-word reply, “thirsty,” it was the best he could do. He wasn’t sure she could even understand what he had said. Truth be told, he barely understood the dry, raspy croaking sound that escaped his lips. A leather flask, the largest flask he’d ever seen, rose from somewhere below. There would be enough water in it to drown him 10 times over. He waited for a torrent of rushing water to pour over him and wash him from her palm. The fall to the ground far, far below would surely be lethal.

“I’ll pour it slowly. I think you only need a little.”

The water trickled into her open hand, forming a small pool around him. Marcus wasted no time. He unabashedly lapped at the water in her palm. The cool water stung his dry throat, causing him to sputter and cough.

“Drink it slowly. Don’t choke yourself.”

Her words reminded him that he wasn’t alone. If anything, he was being held captive, literally being held. It didn’t matter. Cool water entering his body was all that mattered. As if on cue, his stomach growled loudly. He may have forgotten about food, but his stomach had not.

“You poor thing! Here, I have some food for you.”

His ears perked up at the mention of food. Thinking of eating something made his dry mouth water. Bits of dried meat and bread crumbs fell from her fingertips. To her, they were surely nothing but crumbs. But for a starving man such as himself, a feast was raining down from the heavens, delivered by an angel no less.

“Is this real? Are you real?” He managed to ask with a mouth stuffed full of bread and meat.

She laughed quietly. “Yes, I’m real.”

“I take back every mean thing I ever said about giants.”


End Notes:
Sorry the first chapter is kind of short. I wanted to get something successfully uploaded before I proceed. It's been a long time since I've posted anything here. I forgot how much fiddling this site requires to get all the formatting and tags right. There will be more chapters soon, and they will be longer.

Chapter 2 by GuessWho
Author's Notes:
Too much feet!



“What were you doing lying in the middle of the road? You could have been killed! I stepped right on you, never even saw you down there. Lucky for you, my feet needed a break from these stuffy boots after walking all day. I felt something strange under my bare sole. Imagine my surprise when I turned my foot over, and there was a little man stuck to my arch. I thought I’d harmed you. I’ve never stepped on anyone before!"

“You saved my life. Getting trampled by a wandering angel might be the best thing that’s ever happened to me.”

“Ha! You flatter me, little one. I am relieved that you are uninjured.”

"You must have soft feet. I only feel a little soreness, nothing feels broken."

Marcus stood and rotated each of his arms in large exaggerated circular motions, then proceeded to jump up and down a few times.

"See? I'm in perfect shape. If you were trying to crush me, you failed miserably!"

A well manicured index finger pushed him down onto his butt, then onto his back, pinning him by his chest.

"Settle down little one. You should take it easy after everything you've been through. If I didn't have high arches, I'd be wiping what was left of you off my sole, and probably crying my eyes out."

"I will do as you say. I'm not used to being rescued. This is a new experience for me. Your kindness will be repaid, as soon as I figure out a way to thank you."

"You could start by telling me your name. My name is Elise."

Marcus was flabbergasted by the gentle, beautiful woman before him. She was a living contradiction of everything he knew about giants. It couldn't possibly be true that she had never stepped on a human before. Such a thing was unheard of. They simply weren't known for pacifism. And yet, here was Elise, a credit to her race. For the first time in his life, Marcus found himself admiring a giant. He studied the deep blue color of her eyes, the shape of her nose, and the way her long blond hair fell about her face. The sunlight glinting off her moist, soft-looking lips drew his gaze.

"Don't be rude, little one. I told you my name. It's your turn."

"Sorry, of course, name's Marcus."

"A fine name! Nice to meet you, Marcus."

Was he really having a conversation with a giant that didn't involve begging for his life? The gravity of his current situation left his mind reeling. Stranger still, he hadn't once thought of trying to escape.

"Did you get enough to eat? I have more meat and bread, or maybe you're still thirsty?"

"Please, no more! I'm stuffed. I owe you so much. Please tell me how I can properly thank you."

"Nonsense, enough of this talk about repaying me, I won't hear of it Marcus. I made a new friend today! Selfish demands would only spoil our new found friendship."

Marcus was greeted with a sweet smile. Her soft pink lips drew his gaze again, revealing large white teeth beyond. The lips seemed to grow and expand to even more immense proportions as his eyes lingered on them. No, they weren't growing, she was moving her mouth closer to him! This was the end he knew was coming. He had expected it all along in one form or another. His fate was to be gobbled up by Elise the giant. Those shiny white teeth would gnash him to bits, or perhaps she would swallow him whole. Surely he could slide down her gullet in a single powerful gulp.

Her lips were so close. The world had disappeared, replaced by her giant mouth. The breeze blew past him, but it wasn't the wind, it was her breath. He could fight. The small dagger affixed to his waist could certainly tear the delicate flesh of her lip. He need but reach for the trusty blade. Thoughts of Elise clutching her bleeding lip made his heart feel heavy. Could he really hurt her? Would he repay his rescuer with an act of violent bloodshed.

"Please don't eat me!"

"Shhh. Don't resist me."

Her words were but a whisper, a gentle soothing breeze. Marcus resigned himself to being her tasty treat. His life was hers to take. Without her, he would have died anyway. He braced himself for the inevitable. Her lips would overpower him, then he would be consumed. A quick death was the best he could hope for. They finally made contact with him. His eyes had been right. They were very soft. The weight of her mighty lips pressed him forcefully against her palm, smothering him. The gnashing teeth never came for him. Her mouth didn't suck him into her waiting gullet. The moist embrace continued until he thought he would suffocate. Her mouth pulled away from him, leaving him dumbfounded.

"There, our new friendship is officially sealed with a kiss."

The peculiar actions of this seemingly harmless giant left his mind reeling. She'd really just kissed him. That actually happened. And at least one part of his body had definitely enjoyed it. He had... He had almost stabbed her with his dagger, because she wanted to kiss him. No, he didn't do it. But he had thought of doing it. Had he reached for his dagger? He couldn't remember. It was possible. His first instinct was to distrust her, to repay her kindness with treachery, even though she hadn't threatened him in any way.

"Marcus, for future reference, I don't eat people. That's disgusting. Now I think maybe you do owe me something, an apology."

"I-I'm sorry."

"No, no, no! You aren't getting off that easily. You have to say it like you mean it."

"I'm an idiot. I've shamed myself. I don't deserve your forgiveness."

"Hmm, I still think you can do better. You should think about it for a few moments this time. I'll wait."

Marcus couldn't believe it. Elise had him groveling in the palm of her hand. A random giant he'd just met had conquered him completely. What's more, he really did want to earn her forgiveness. But what did she want to hear? That was the answer, words weren't enough.

"Ahem," he cleared his throat, "I apologize for not trusting you. My small words feel insignificant. Therefore, I will tell you of a rumor I once heard. It was long ago. I confess, the name of the person who told me such a thing escapes me. He told me that there's nothing a giant loves more than a good foot rub. Even the Queen of the giants herself would never refuse a foot rub, his words."

Marcus noticed Elise's eyes light up at the words 'foot' and 'rub'. Her pouty face, that he strongly suspected she had been faking, was replaced with a wide grin.

"Although I am clearly unworthy, if you would allow me the great honor, I would very much like to rub your tired feet."

"You better not be messing with me little man!"

End Notes:
I've added a few more tags to the story. It may seem like a lot, but many of them are fairly standard for an average length giantess story. The important thing to remember is the focus on feet. You won't be a happy camper if you're waiting for this story to drop the foot stuff and move on to something else.

Chapter 3 by GuessWho
Author's Notes:
But you promised...





Marcus could tell that Elise was very excited. Her hand was suddenly trembling slightly, which concerned him a bit considering it was holding him high above the ground. If she lost her focus and dropped him, the fall would most certainly injure him.

"M-Maybe you should set me back on the ground. Um, Elise, can you hear me?"

"Yes, of course! I've been holding you for a while now, haven't I? I'm so silly. Of course you don't want to stay in my hand forever. Ha! It was a new experience for me. I guess I was enjoying myself. You seemed okay with it. Who knows, with a little more practice, I might get even better at holding little ones. But you're the only one I know. I guess I won't get much practice then. Am I talking too much? I am, aren't I?"

The excitement in her voice was painfully clear. Elise was speaking faster, so fast Marcus almost had trouble understanding her. He figured it must be something that happens when she's excited or nervous.

"I meant what I said. It's the least I can do after you rescued me. I promised to rub your feet, so get ready for the best foot rub of your life!"

His words elicited a nervous giggle from her while she gently lowered him to the ground. Whatever was about to happen, he was fully committed to it now. Elise seemed to have a permanent grin plastered to her face. Marcus supposed a happy giant was definitely better than an angry one. Keeping her that way would mean rubbing his entire body all over her huge feet. It would surely be a unique experience for both of them.

"This is embarrassing to admit, but those stuffy boots make my feet a little stinky. Don't get me wrong, they're great shoes. They protect me while I'm traveling. Normally, this would not be a problem, but I can't do that to you. That would be just awful! Torturing you under my smelly feet would make me feel like a monster. I think I see a small lake not too far from here. Yes, it's over that way. I'll go and wash my feet, then when I get back they'll be all nice and clean for you. It's settled. That's what I'll do."

From the ground, Marcus was able to finally get a better look at Elise, ALL of her. She was a tall giant with a slender build. Pieces of armor covered strategic points on her body. It wasn't a full suit of armor like a knight would wear, but wounding her would prove more challenging for any would-be attackers. Under the painted armor, she wore a long white dress with long sleeves. The white fabric of her dress blended well with the white paint on her armor.

"Hey! I know what you're thinking down there. Don't you run away while I'm washing my feet. I won't be gone long. You won't have enough time to escape. Besides, breaking your promise would be rude. I know that's not who you are, Marcus. I bet you don't have a rude bone in your body. You can watch my armor for me. Stand guard and don't let anyone steal it. I can get there and back quicker without this clunky armor."

The thought of fending off a giant thief trying to steal Elise's stuff was NOT a pleasant thought. Did giants even steal from each other? Must be a thing, if Elise took the time to worry over it. Or maybe she was simply trying to make him feel important when he really wasn't doing anything at all. He watched from the ground as she removed each piece of armor, carefully placing them in a neat pile. Finally she pulled off her leather boots, setting them as far from Marcus as possible.

With her feet freed from their leather prisons, Marcus immediately noticed a heady aroma lingering in the air. Thankfully Elise wasted no time in setting off toward the lake. The smell of her feet was not overpowering, but it was strong. It sounded like she was humming to herself as she walked away, no doubt still excited about the impending pampering. A long braided ponytail hung down her back. In the afternoon sun, her blond hair looked almost golden. The way it seemed to shine was mesmerizing.

In his travels, Marcus often heard stories. Sometimes they were completely ridiculous. People loved to exaggerate. He'd been told stories, a few times, about a maiden in white. They said she was a giant like none other. Supposedly she was kindhearted to a fault, and always eager to help humans in need. He'd always dismissed the tales as pure fantasy. Now he was no longer sure. Maybe those stories were about Elise?

A trail of fresh footprints lead away from the armor off into the distance. Marcus moved closer to one of the prints that was nearest to him. The impression wasn't as deep as he imagined. Perhaps the ground was sturdy enough to support Elise's weight. Her footprints would likely be much deeper in softer earth. Still, the impression from her sole was well defined in the freshly disturbed dirt. Each of the toes on her right foot left their mark. Standing where her arch would be, Marcus was between two large depressions, left by her heel and the ball of her foot. Her heel left a roundish, more narrow crater, while the earth was flattened in a much wider area from the ball of her foot. Judging by her footprint, Elise did indeed have high arches as she claimed. If any other part of her foot had landed on him while he was lying unconscious in the road, he would have been flattened into the ground.

A bloodcurdling scream shook Marcus from his reverie. It came from the direction Elise had gone. Another pained cry tore across the sky. He couldn't see Elise. She was too far away. Her footprints, he could follow them right to her! He would have to run as fast as possible to get to her in time to stop whatever was happening. Whatever it was, it couldn't be good. Giants were pretty tough, but Elise sounded like she was hurt very badly.

* * *


"Please stop! You're hurting me!" Elise screamed through the pain.

The small men scurrying at her feet took turns plunging their swords into the side of her bare foot. She could barely see them through her tear-soaked eyes.

"I didn't do anything to you! Please. Please stop. I won't harm you. I'm not your enemy!"

Her words fell on deaf ears. They ignored her sobbing. The attacks continued, sending white hot streaks of pain up her leg. Elise felt like her foot was on fire. It took all of her strength to resist stomping her foot. She didn't need to be able to see them. Even with blurry vision, she could stomp her foot a few times. The pain would stop if she killed them. She could trample them beneath her feet like bugs. It would be as easy as taking a step forward.

"Please," Elise begged between sobs, "don't make me do it. I don't want to kill you."

Her threat was an empty one. The strength to lift her foot was already gone. She could barely continue standing. Soon she would fall down, then they could stab other parts of her body. The idea of the two men slashing at her from head to toe terrified her. Their blades would be eager to carve up their trophy.

"She's going down," one of the men yelled, "get back!"

The attackers retreated from the giant's falling body. Their bloodlust was momentarily tempered by the fear of being crushed. Tremors shook the ground around them. They'd done it. She was down. Now they were free to mercilessly slaughter her. The leader moved in for the kill, aiming to dig his blade deep into her soft wrist. His sword stopped mid-swing, frozen in the air. He couldn't move it up, or down, it was stuck. How could it be stuck? In the air?

"Stop what you're doing! Get away from her!"

The man let go of his sword. It remained stuck in the air, even without him gripping it. With his attack foiled, he turned toward the mysterious stranger barking orders.

"Leave here at once!"

"What is this trickery? You some kind of mage?" The man glanced at his partner. "Kill the mage."

"It was foolish of me to ask nicely." Marcus raised his right hand toward the two men. The large ring on his right index finger glowed a deep crimson red. A wave of his hand sent the men flying away from Elise.

"You will not move from that spot."

"Your parlor tricks won't stop us from killing our prey, you damned dirty traitor!" The haughty leader was already imagining himself wringing the mage's neck with his bare hands. His body felt heavy, too heavy to move. He couldn't lift his arms or his legs. It was like he was rooted to the ground. With some effort, he managed to turn his head to the side. His partner was also stuck to the ground.

"Traitor! Traitor! You would side with the giants against your own kind?!"

"The war is long over! Nobody won! I know for a fact that woman lying there did nothing to you. Do you think the Queen of the giants will sit idly by while you randomly slaughter her people? How much killing will it take to satisfy your lust for death?"

"We coated our weapons in poison. She's already as good as dead. I'm sure you're disappointed, you damned giant lover. You probably wanted her to crush you with her pretty feet."

Marcus waved his hand again, "Silence."

Speaking to the violent morons was clearly pointless. Given the chance, they would bring the Queen's wrath down upon the entire region. Marcus steeled himself before surveying the carnage. Elise's right foot was a bloody mess. Her body lay perfectly still before him, rendered unconscious from the intense pain. It would require all of his skill to heal her. Everything he ever learned about healing magic would be put to the test. It was always so much easier to break things than to fix them.

End Notes:
Would YOU suck out the poison?

Chapter 4 by GuessWho
Author's Notes:
Seriously? More foot stuff?



Marcus held his right hand over the last remaining stab wound, his ring emitting a bright emerald light. All of the open wounds had been closed, save one. With his free hand, he wiped the sweat from his brow. The level of concentration required for healing so many nasty wounds was intense. Now that there was only one bleeding wound instead of many, he could proceed to the next step. The poison would have to be removed from her bloodstream. Her unconscious state would prove fortunate. Performing such a treatment on someone who was awake and alert would cause excruciating pain. If he hurried and finished before she awakened, Elise would be spared the suffering.

In his mind, he pictured the poison flowing out of her wound. He focused on pulling it from her bloodstream. It had already traveled throughout her leg. Any longer without intervention and the poison would start to damage her vital organs. There was no way he would allow that to happen. Elise had shown him more kindness than any person he'd ever known, big or small. She would undoubtedly wake in a foul mood, but she would wake. After the bandits' brutal attack, she might not want anything to do with humans ever again, including himself. That was a risk he was willing to take. They could part ways, and he would wish her well. It would be a shame to never see her smile again.

Marcus breathed a heavy sigh of relief as the last of the poison left Elise's body. The ordeal was over. He hovered his hand over the final stab wound to close it. Despite his own doubt and fears, he'd done it. She would be fine. One day, he would have to make it a point to thank his mentor. Sylvia had taught him well, even though his propensities clearly did not lean toward the healing arts. His mentor had always told him, drilled it into him really, that he would be grateful for her lessons. Sylvia was always right. He hated her a little for that.

That was it. There was nothing else he could think of to speed Elise's recovery. She would wake when her body was ready. That left only one remaining problem to deal with. Marcus turned toward the bandits, still lying helplessly on the ground.

"I'm not one for lectures, but I must say, the two of you are truly mindless brutes. I fear you would turn your swords on absolutely anyone. If it had only been me, I might have allowed you to leave. But no, you attacked the most selfless person I've ever known. I don't believe she's capable of hurting another living being. Even you, she spared the likes of you!"

Marcus pointed his hand toward them. A crimson red aura swirled around his ring, enflamed by his rage.

"I will do what she cannot. You will never hurt anyone again."

The men were still unable to speak, but their eyes pleaded for mercy. Clearly, Elise would not want them killed. But how could two such men be useful to anyone? They would only cause more pain. Two. There were two of them. They hurt Elise's feet. Elise had two boots. Apparently walking in her boots made her feet tired. Perhaps two new insoles would fix that.

"It is decided. Instead of bringing her feet pain, you will comfort them. You will not die, however, your new lives will be quite different. Make no mistake, you will suffer, and your victim will be the only one who can relieve you of that suffering. You brought this fate upon yourselves."

Marcus closed his eyes and pictured the image of Elise's footprints, still fresh in his mind. He would bend and shape the cruel men until they were the perfect match for her soles. They would cradle her heels, support her arches, and comfort her lovely toes. Her future walks would be invigorating. They would need to be extra absorbent and deodorizing to help alleviate Elise's concerns about foot odor. Only the best, she deserved only the best.

When he opened his eyes again, the two men were gone. Two new, very large insoles had replaced them. In his haste to reach Elise, he had not failed the duty she had given him. Though he ran as fast as he could to help her, he had also used his magic to levitate her armor and boots. Without his magic, trying to carry any of her belongings would not have been possible. Thankfully that was something he did not have to worry about. A tethering spell had towed the levitated items along with him as he ran.

Levitation would come in handy again. Although the new insoles were relatively lightweight, Marcus did not fancy the idea of carrying them into Elise's cavernous boots. Her boots were indeed smelly. No matter, a quick wave of his hand sent the insoles flying into their new homes. The rest was up to Elise. She would break them in soon enough.

An awkward groan signaled the stirrings of his neighboring giant. He decided to give her a minute before he attempted to explain anything. She would most certainly have questions.

"Oww, my head," Elise moaned while slowly sitting up. "I feel like I have the worst hangover ever."

"That's probably from the blood loss. I healed your wounds, but you did lose some blood."

Elise instinctively grabbed her foot as she recalled the brutal attack. The sight of her red stained skin panicked her. "There's so much blood!"

"Do not worry! You aren't bleeding. I healed you. That blood isn't fresh. You should wash your foot off."

Elise followed his instructions, pushing her foot into the waiting lake.

"What happened Marcus? I thought I was dead. Those bandits stabbed me, over and over again. I was so scared. Where did they go? Are we safe here?"

"I managed to chase them off. They fled quickly, probably afraid they would end up crushed beneath your feet when you woke up."

"Marcus, what did you do?! My foot... The wounds are gone. There aren't even scars! You did this?!"

"Don't get too excited, it's nothing but a rarely useful talent of mine. I can perform a bit of healing magic."

"Rarely useful? You saved my life!"

"About that, we should leave here. There may be more bandits out there. I can't be sure. It's safer if we go. You should get dressed and continue on your way. You'll need to drink plenty of water to replenish your body's fluids. I'd also suggest getting some extra sleep when you reach your destination."

"Why are you talking like that, Marcus? It sounds like you're saying goodbye."

"It was my fault you got hurt. You only took your armor and boots off because of me. I was goofing off. The thought of you getting attacked never even crossed my mind. I was careless. You obviously knew it was a possibility, because you were wearing armor in the first place. But you dropped your guard because of me. I put you in danger."

"No! Those bad men hurt me, not you! It was rotten luck and inconvenient timing, I'll grant you that. Is that really what you thought? You thought I'd blame it all on you?"

"I would have been okay with it if you did blame me."

"Nonsense! I'm not leaving you here with no food, and now there are savage bandits roaming around. I'll get dressed, then you're coming with me. I'll take you against your will if I have to."

"Are you sure you want me around--"

"Quiet. I already said I'm taking you with me."

"Can I ask where we're going?"

"You'll have all the food and water you could ever want, and a roof over your head. That's all that matters, right?"

"It sounds better than here."

Marcus waited while Elise slipped back into her armor. The water by the shore of the lake had turned an ugly reddish-brown color from the blood. An act of violence against an innocent giant had literally stained the land. Who were the real monsters, people or giants? Sometimes it was difficult to tell.

"Stop looking at it. You can waste time feeling guilty later. Get on or I'll grab you."

Marcus turned to find her hand lying before him on the ground, waiting for him. There was no point in resisting. She'd already made up her mind. He climbed over the tips of her fingers and shimmied into her palm.

"I won't drop you. It's a couple of hours from here. Just sit tight until we get there."

"Do I have a choice?"

"No."

"Okay then. You already know I'm bad luck. Don't blame me if a bird flies up your nose or something."

"That almost never happens," Elise scoffed. "You worry too much."

He'd never been carried by a giant before. It wasn't quite what he was expecting. From up high, he had an amazing view of the surrounding area. Elise was somehow holding her hand remarkably steady, even more impressive considering her recent blood loss. She was likely still light headed.

"Marcus, did you do something to my boots?"

"Eh?"

"They were never this comfortable before, even when they were new."

"Oh right, I fixed them for you. When I was waiting for you to wake up... I got bored. How lame is that? I can heal small cuts and mend footwear. Worst mage you've ever heard of I bet!"

"They feel really good, like amazing actually!"

"Well at least I'm good for something..."

"You've impressed, me. I think that ought to count for something."

"Elise, why didn't you defend yourself? You should have been able to kill those attackers easily. They deserved it!"

"What if it were me? What if I was the small one? I wouldn't want to die under some giant's foot. That's terrifying!"

"You really are her. You're the White Maiden."

"Wait... What? Who am I supposed to be?"

"People tell fond stories of a giant dressed in white with golden hair who helps people in need. I always thought they were silly rumors, but here you are."

"I never imagined my little walks would elevate me to hero status. Okay, sure, I helped the occasional traveler. There was a horse and buggy stuck in some mud once. I may have stopped to give directions a few times. But it's not like I rescued a princess from a fire breathing dragon!"

"And apparently you don't hesitate to share your food with strangers," Marcus added.

"I fear people are impressed much too easily."

"You call us people. Have you ever noticed that? Other giants call us bugs."

"Stupid people come in all sizes. I don't have to be one of them."

"I can see why you left an impression on people. I've never met anyone like you."

"All this flattery is nice and all, I admit it's helping with the headache, but we need to talk about something else."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to embarrass you."

"No, it's not that... We're going to the castle. When we get there, you'll have to pretend to be my prisoner."

"You mean, THE castle, where the Queen of the giants lives?"

"That's the one! When I say pretend to be my prisoner, for all intents and purposes, you really will be my prisoner. It's safer that way. Are you okay with that? Will I still be your heroic White Maiden after I put you in a little cage?"

"The cage is a bit much. Is that really necessary?"

"It will help protect you from the other giants. Trust me, you want them to feel safe."

"I guess I can get used to it."

"I thought you might feel that way. Don't worry, you won't be stuck in a cage all of the time. Eventually the other giants will forget you're even there. Until then, we should keep a low profile."

"Keeping a low profile sounds good. I don't want to run into the Queen. They say her face is covered in warts, and her belly has grown fat from feasting on humans."

"Oh hoho! I'd like to see you say that to her face!" Elise laughed. "Haha, no, you wouldn't dare! She'd break you in half like a twig."

"Is it not true? Maybe the warts were exaggerated. Perhaps she only has unsightly pimples?"

"You're saying she's mean, fat, and ugly? Pray you never find out!"

"Forget I mentioned it. I don't want to know."

"We're almost there. I can see the castle on the horizon. We'll go in through the back, so that we draw less attention."

End Notes:
I know that I have multiple stories now, but trust me, I have no intention of neglecting either of them. I've juggled multiple stories in the past with no issues. Working on multiple stories seems to spur my creativity. I'm already planning a third story, though it will likely be a shorter story. Shorter doesn't mean poor quality!

Chapter 5 by GuessWho
Author's Notes:
"Oh hoho!"



Marcus was a bit worried about sneaking into the giants' castle, but Elise seemed to know what she was doing. She dipped and ducked through back alleys with practiced ease, displaying intimate knowledge of the castle's layout. Part of him wondered if he had literally found his way into the hands of a thief. It was a compliment really, and perhaps a little too critical as well. He had no solid evidence that Elise made her living as a thief. Then again, she continued to peek around corners for any unwelcome onlookers. It certainly appeared like she was hiding from someone or something. Was it really all for his benefit? It couldn't be THAT important to keep him out of sight?

"I'm taking you to Claire's place. She's like a sister to me. You'll be safe there."

"Is she; I don't know how to say this politely, is she friendly?"

"You don't have to worry about Claire. She's harmless. We're here."

Marcus waited quietly while Elise knocked softly on a wooden door before entering a modest dwelling. It looked like the small home was built into a corner of the castle wall, constructed of the same stones as the wall itself. Apparently Claire liked to live by herself, away from the other giants.

"What trouble did you bring me now?"

"It's nice to see you again too, Claire." Elise unceremoniously placed Marcus on a small round table in the center of the room. "His name is Marcus."

"Hmm, I see. You've gone and found yourself a little friend. But bringing him back with you, is that wise?"

Elise retrieved a small cage from under the table, just big enough to hold an average sized human. "I told him he would be safe here, because we're family. He agreed to stay in the cage. You won't have any trouble with him."

"Far be it from me to interfere with this grand plan the two of you have conceived. By all means, lock him up."

"I'll only leave him here for a little while. I need a bath, and I can't very well take him with me. That would cause a scene."

"You mean you don't want him to see you naked, because you're shy. That's what you really mean, isn't it?"

"I'll wait here! I'm fine waiting here!" Marcus interrupted.

"I see, you've trained him well. I'll forgive you this time for spoiling my fun. Don't make a habit out of it, human."

"There will be other women in the bath. I don't know how they would handle a man gawking at their naked bodies. I think he wants to survive his trip to the castle. Everything isn't always about me, Claire."

"So touchy today, he must be more than a simple acquaintance."

"He rescued me from human bandits, but they escaped unfortunately. I hope they don't hurt anyone else. We should have taken them prisoner."

"I wouldn't worry about it, Elise. Bad people like that always end up right where they belong. You might call it fate. I'd bet my good shirt they're under some giant's feet right this minute."

"I like him already!" Claire laughed.

"Ok, ok Marcus, I'll stop worrying, but I still think we should have taken them prisoner. Gah, these boots are sweltering! It must be like a swamp in there. I can't wait to soak in a nice warm bath. I think I'll walk barefoot to the castle bath."

"With your pampered tootsies?! No you certainly won't," Claire interrupted. "You know how tender your soles are. You'd cut your pretty feet all over the cobblestones. I don't want a bloody trail leading from my doorstep into the castle bath!"

"Why must you mock me in front of our guest? Fine. I'll keep my boots on until I get there. I'm at least taking this armor off."

"Stow it in the closet."

"While I'm gone, do you think you could take his measurements? He looks like a hobo. Claire is a gifted seamstress. She can make you something nice to wear."

"I thought you said he wasn't going to be any trouble," Claire complained.

"How long could it possibly take to make clothing for someone his size?"

"Yes, fine, go take your bath already. You're stinking up my place."

"Hey," Elise lightly shook Marcus' new cage. "Best behavior while I'm gone, promise me! Remember what I said about keeping a low profile."

"He gets it already. Hurry up and go melt your worries away in a hot bath, for all our sakes. I swear, she can't turn that big brain off for even a second."

"Fine then, I'm going. I'll be back soon."

Claire scooted her chair closer to the table as the wooden door slammed shut behind Elise. "Boy do you sure know how to pick 'em," she chuckled. "So what's your story? I've never known Elise to bring home strays."

Marcus glanced around the room from within his cage. There were half finished garments hanging on the walls, various piles of colored thread, a small fire crackling in a fireplace, and a very large axe mounted above the fireplace. It looked remarkably sharp. Across from him sat a slightly round woman with a pleasant looking face. She was clearly older than Elise, but maintained a youthful vibrance.

"Well boy? Don't be shy. Of all the people in the world, how did you stumble across Elise?"

"To tell the truth, she stumbled across me. I was passed out in the road from hunger and exhaustion. She stepped right on me."

"That's unusual for her. She has a little problem with that kind of thing."

"Yes, I know. It was a total accident. She never saw me. Thankfully she wasn't wearing her boots at the time."

"I've told that girl a hundred times never to take her boots off when she's traveling. No offense to you, obviously it was a stroke of good luck in your case."

"After that, Elise gave me food and water. We were attacked by bandits, and she just stood there. She wouldn't fight back."

"Now that, that sounds like Elise. I don't know what it's going to take to make her understand that there are bad humans who don't deserve her mercy."

"She told me she's too scared to step on people. It's like a phobia she has."

"There's at least a small glimmer of hope... After all, she stepped on you didn't she? That's a first for her. Granted, she obviously didn't do it right. You don't look smushed to me. Maybe that's something the two of you can practice together. You could help her perfect her technique!"

"I can't tell if you're joking."

"I can dream can't I? The girl is too stubborn for her own good. What will happen to her when there's no one else around to save her? A hundred damned bandits aren't worth even ONE Elise."

"I suppose we can agree on that."

"Strange to hear a human talk like that, especially the likes of you."

"Elise is special. She cared for me. I respect her."

"She was wrong about your clothing. You aren't dressed like a hobo. Those are mage robes. I should know. I've fought mages in battle."

"And yet here you sit, still in once piece. Congratulations on your victories."

"You flatter your enemy? You are indeed a devious one. And powerful, judging by your lack of fear. I might not be fast enough to reach my axe in time."

Marcus raised his hand through the bars of the cage, aiming his ring at the giant axe. Before he could react, a large metal spike pressed against the palm of his hand.

"Careful boy, I may not have my axe, but this sewing needle is enough to handle a pesky mage. State your intentions. Why do you raise your hand at me?"

"You wanted your axe. I can take it from the wall for you. I meant no harm."

"I should poke you a few times to teach you some manners. Damn mages always want to show off. Know this human, if you harm a single hair on Elise's head, I will hunt you. You can run to the ends of the Earth. It won't matter. My axe will find you. It is very sharp."

Marcus pulled his hand back into the cage. "I won't run. If I hurt her, you can have my head. I do not repay the kindness of strangers with violence."

"Aren't we a pair?" Claire laughed. "Two warriors without a battlefield..."

"I don't miss the screams. Perhaps I should take up sewing. Does it ward off the nightmares."

"Not in the slightest."

"Shame, I would have welcomed a good night's rest." Marcus seated himself on the metal floor of his cage.

"You can wash the blood from your hands, but the stains on your soul are a little harder to reach." Claire set aside her needle and thread. "I hear someone coming."

A guard burst through the door without knocking or requesting permission to enter. Marcus could see long brown hair flowing out of a metal skull cap, sword secured at her hip.

"I received a report that someone has smuggled a prisoner within the castle walls. They were last seen entering your house, Claire. You know the law. All prisoners must go before the Queen."

"Pity, I was about to put a pot of stew on the fire. Take him then. I won't try and stop you. There's the cage right there."

"A wise choice."

"Tell your Queen that I don't appreciate her goons bursting into my home uninvited. Off with you now."

Marcus held onto the bars as the cage swayed to and fro, matching the guard's long strides. She gripped his cage by a large handle protruding from the top. His entire view on one side of the cage was now blocked by her upper thigh. His promise to Elise remained fresh in his memory. "Best behavior," those were her words. He promised to keep a low profile. The urge to flee the cage was overwhelming. Escaping would be a simple matter. The lock on the cage was no match for his magic. He was torn between keeping his promise to Elise and fleeing from this new unfamiliar captor.

The outside view was different than before. Unlike Elise, the guard wasn't sneaking around. She marched straight through the center of the castle grounds. Marcus could see giants performing their daily tasks. It seemed much like a human village. There was a blacksmith, vendors selling food and clothing, and giants coming and going from the castle. With so many giants around, he felt like he was constantly being watched. He could feel their eyes on him. Maybe escape plans would have to wait.

Large wooden doors were pushed open by two castle guards as he was carried into a cavernous hallway lit by burning torches. The guard's metal boots clacked noisily against the stone floor, echoing through the halls. This was it then. She was taking him straight to the Queen. Marcus had never heard of any humans seeing the Queen and living to tell about it. In all his travels, there were no such stories. Either no one had ever met the Queen, or her little visitors did not survive the encounter.

His escort turned a corner, and they were no longer alone. A series of murmurs and whispers followed them as they passed through a small crowd. Perhaps they were spectators, gathered to witness his imminent demise. Good intentions or not, Elise had led him straight into the belly of the castle, and perhaps into the belly of the Queen herself.

"My Queen! I present you this prisoner as per your orders, a human smuggled into the castle by parties unknown."

"Thank you, you may go."

Marcus' cage was deposited roughly at the base of a large throne, in front of two very large feet. The view above him was obstructed by the roof of his enclosure. The feet before him were encased in slippers that appeared to be made of a soft material such as suede. On the toe of each shoe was some sort of crest fashioned out of pure silver, probably the Queen's royal insignia or the like. Her long robes parted at her shins, partially revealing her bare legs. The crimson material of her robes also looked soft, like her slippers, and was lined with a white fur trim. He felt the cage shake as the woman above him grabbed its handle.

The Queen effortlessly lifted his small cage, desiring a closer look at her new captive. Her court, gathered in the gallery of the throne room, waited patiently for her reaction. They would undoubtedly applaud whatever action she decided upon.

"Ahem," the Queen cleared her throat. "I've heard rumors that the humans say I'm mean, fat, and ugly. What do you say to that, little bug?"

Marcus gazed into the Queen's blue eyes. A crown made of solid gold and garnished with rare gems sat atop her head. Beautiful blond hair flowed along the sides of her pale face. The same thought repeated in his mind over and over, like a broken record skipping: 'The Queen of the giants looks exactly like Elise!' A wave of relief washed over him as a cloud of confusion set in.

"Does it speak?" The Queen looked out at her subjects anxiously. "Is my prisoner damaged? You know that I prefer them intact."

"I know of no such rumors," Marcus answered. "They are surely false."

"What was that?" The Queen rattled his cage by shaking it briefly. "Speak up, little bug."

The smirk on Elise's face told Marcus everything he needed to know. She was the boss now. It was time to play along.

"I know of no such fool who would spread these vile rumors about you, Your Highness."

"I believe one such rumor claimed my face was covered in warts. Do you see any warts?" Her words drew gasps from the spectating crowd.

"No, Your Highness. I am not worthy to look upon your beautiful face. There are surely no such blemishes."

"Very well then, I will refrain from gobbling you up, for the moment. I may require entertainment later. You may sweep away the dust at my feet. This is a rare privilege. Serve your mistress with pride."

Elise unlocked his cage and returned it to the base of her marble throne. She dropped a small, human-sized broom at her feet.

"Mind your surroundings, slave. I can't be bothered to avoid stepping on you. Do not disrespect me by spoiling the soles of my royal slippers with your disgusting innards."

Marcus did as he was told, taking up the broom at her feet. Once again, Elise had assigned him a pretend task. There was no dust or dirt on the floor to be swept. Her throne was likely cleaned regularly by a giant servant. Still, he went through the motions of sweeping the already clean floor.

He swept his way between her black suede flats, moving from the front of her shoes to the back. Maybe her adoring subjects would have a harder time watching him if he used her feet to obscure their view. It would be best if they forgot he was there.

Despite her ominous warning, Elise wasn't moving her feet much. Occasionally, one of her shoes would slide a little to the left or to the right, movements so small they were likely imperceptible to the other giants. It was just like Elise had told him. The giants were already starting to forget he was there. They went about their everyday business while he was tucked safely between their Queen's feet, out of sight, out of mind.

Marcus set the broom down only for a minute, right when Elise happened to move her foot. Her slipper came down on the broom, trapping it beneath her shoe. Marcus did the only thing he could; he reached out and touched the exposed skin of the top of her foot. She did not seem to react to his touch, so he tapped her foot more forcefully and finally swiped his hand from side to side in wide arcs. He could smell the scented oils from her bath, still lingering on her smooth skin.

"Do not tickle my foot, slave! I didn't give you permission to touch me!"

"My broom, you stepped on my broom. I cannot continue my work, mistress."

"I swear, these bugs are so helpless!" She looked out at her subjects expectantly. They laughed in response. "You should take better care of your tools. Very well, I will lift my foot slightly. You can crawl under my shoe and retrieve your broom. Be quick about it before I strain my muscles and decide to rest my foot atop your weak little body. My toes won't wait on you forever!"

Marcus didn't bother asking if she was serious. He could see the broom in the shadow under her foot. The front of her shoe was slightly elevated from the floor, but her heel remained firmly planted. He would have to get down on his hands and knees to crawl under her raised toes. The hard leather sole of her slipper rubbed against his back as he pulled himself forward. One thought gave him comfort and reassured him, this was Elise's foot. There was absolutely no way she was going to crush him. But it was still creepy as hell being underneath a giant's shoe. The strong smell of leather from her slipper's sole lingered beneath her toes. He felt around in the dark for the broom. His hand brushed against the hard leather sole, where the slipper was barely raised from the floor. Something was stuck to her shoe. He managed to pry it loose with his fingers. His other hand bumped against the broom handle. As he was about to crawl back out, the leather ceiling lowered slightly onto his back. It was most likely an involuntary movement that Elise wasn't even aware of. Now he was wedged beneath her toes. The weight wasn't crushing, but he was stuck.

Unable to crawl forward or backward, Marcus could do nothing but wait for her toes to raise up or step down. It was a humbling experience. Elise could end his life simply by lowering her toes. She didn't even need her whole foot. A firm press with her dainty royal toes would be more than enough to seal his fate. Even more sobering, there was also the possibility that her toes would only partially crush him, leaving him suffering and in great pain. That would be a fate worse than death. Marcus had heard stories of giants torturing their prey in such a manner. Elise was by no means a cruel giant, but the thought of a mishap made him shudder. It was time to stop waiting for an accident to happen. He thrust the tip of the broom handle into her shoe sole. A few more quick strikes achieved the reaction he was hoping for, her toes lifted from his back. Marcus breathed a sigh of relief as he crawled out from under Elise's slipper.

"It's about time, slave! Was it so pleasant under my slipper that you did not wish to leave?" Elise laughed along with her spectators. "You have your little broom again, now get back to work."

Marcus was still holding the mysterious object he'd pried loose from beneath Elise's slipper. He raised his left hand to inspect what it was he had salvaged. It was a human's shoe, a woman's sandal to be specific. Well worn, by the looks of it, with a darkened footprint along the insole. Why was there a human sandal stuck to Elise's royal slipper? How did it get there? Marcus had no idea. There was no blood, on the sandal, or the bottom of Elise's shoe. If Elise had crushed someone, there would have been a bloody mess. Maybe it was completely common for giants to step on random things. After all, with such big feet, how could they avoid it? Elise obviously had no idea she'd stepped on some small woman's discarded shoe. Perhaps there was a lost and found for all the random things they tracked into their castle. On the upside, Marcus now had something to sweep. He dropped the sandal to the ground, and proceeded to push it off the Queen's throne with his broom. His job was no longer pretend.

"Where is my wine," the Queen demanded. "Celeste is late again? How can anyone be so consistently bad at serving drinks? I thought she would have gotten it right at least once by now, if only by accident."

"I'm coming, Your Majesty!"

Celeste ran from the back of the room, carrying her large wooden serving tray, which held exactly one goblet of wine for the Queen.

"I've told you before not to run in the throne room," Elise scolded. "You're going to trip--"

"Whoops!" Celeste's foot caught on an uneven rug, sending her flying forward.

Everyone in the room collectively groaned in disappointment. It wouldn't be Celeste's first rough landing, or second; or third. Elise closed her eyes and braced herself for the inevitable face full of wine she was about to receive. She waited for the splashing, the profuse apologies, and Celeste's insufferable sobbing. Nothing happened. The room was oddly quiet.

Elise opened her eyes to discover her goblet of wine floating gently through the air, and then descending softly upon the arm of her throne. Not a single drop had been spilled. Celeste remained airborne, frozen in midair. All eyes in the throne room turned to Celeste.

"Get me down from here! What is this?!"

Celeste's frantic cries set off a flurry of murmurs in the viewing gallery.

"It's the human," someone called out. "He's doing it! It's one of their battle mages!"

Elise leaned forward to look down. Marcus was standing between her feet with his hand raised into the air. A blue light shone brightly from a tiny ring on his small hand.

"Stop that at once!" Elise nudged Marcus with the side of her shoe.

"What's happening?! This feels weird!" Celeste cried out.

The entire room watched as Celeste rotated in midair, until she was returned to an upright position with her feet safely planted on the ground. Everyone's attention shifted from Celeste to Elise. Without uttering a single word, the crowd demanded their Queen take action.

Elise looked around nervously, then back down to her feet. Again, she used her slipper to shove the tiny man at her feet. "Explain yourself, mage!"

"I am a sorcerer, not a mage. I train the battle mages. Clearly I meant no harm to your servant. You can see that she is safe. Would you prefer she fell on her fat face?"

"My face is not fat!"

"Celeste, please, be silent. You may join the others in the viewing gallery."

"I can levitate every giant in this room at the same time without hurting any of them. Would a demonstration be helpful?"

Marcus' boisterous claim earned him another swift kick. "Be silent foolish slave!"

"Your Majesty," a guard called out, "that human is dangerous. You should not be so close to it!"

"The Queen is in danger!" "Someone get the human away from her!"

"All of you, be silent!" Elise ordered.

She popped her bare heel out of her flat. Her gaze narrowed downward to the man at her feet.

"Get in my shoe."

Marcus stared back at her. His only response was blinking rebelliously in disbelief.

"Yes, bug, I'm speaking to you. Do you see anyone else in this room small enough to fit in my slipper?!"

Several of the Queen's vassals gasped, shocked by her brazenness. Was she crazy? Tempting the mage's wrath in such a manner...

"Your Majesty, given the peculiar strength of this mage, perhaps a bit more delicacy would be wise?"

"Silence! I did not ask for your advice."

Elise's heel remained raised, waiting expectantly for her captive to place himself beneath her sole. She stomped her other foot down beside him, slapping her shoe loudly against the stone floor. The sound echoed throughout the throne room.

"Your master gave you an order! Put yourself in my shoe or the consequences will be most severe."

Some of the onlookers decided to back away slowly from the unfolding scene. They were undoubtedly concerned of retaliation from the human mage. The extent of his full power was unknown, but the mage had already proven himself to be a threat. What happened next left the crowd shocked.

Mouths hung agape as the self-proclaimed sorcerer pulled himself up and over the side of the Queen's shoe, without protest no less. Her control over the human seemed to be absolute.

“Do not stand there like a simpleton. Lie down, slave! Make yourself a more comfortable fit for me.”

Instead of the retaliation they feared, onlookers witnessed an act of unwavering obedience. Their gaze followed Elise's heel back into her shoe, sealing away the troublesome mage. They cheered as their powerful leader crossed one leg over the other, proudly displaying the suede flat that had now become her slave's prison. Elise silenced their elated support with a wave of her hand.

"Surely there are more important matters to discuss than the bug trapped beneath my foot."


End Notes:
I don't know if I actually managed to surprise anyone with that, but at least I tried. I may have foreshadowed a bit too much. Look at me talking about plot in a smut story! haha Who cares? Right?

Chapter 6 by GuessWho
Author's Notes:
Bath time!
This may or may not go exactly the way you are expecting.



Marcus lost track of how long he'd been stuck inside Elise's slipper. Being worn in a giant's shoe was certainly an awkward experience, but not entirely unpleasant. The sole of her foot still smelled fresh from her recent bath, perfumed with scented oils and soap. Her skin was warm, and soft to the touch. He refrained from moving around too much. Her previous warning about tickling her sensitive feet was very clear. Better to err on the side of caution than to compound his punishment any further.

There was a crack of light in the darkness, coming from the slight opening where the side of her shoe failed to completely cover her high arch. The castle's throne room was not completely covered. Much of it was open to the blue afternoon sky, letting in copious amounts of bright daylight. In turn, that sunlight seeped its way into the narrow slit between the side of Elise's foot and her shoe. The pale wrinkles of her soft arch were illuminated in all their glorious splendor. Punishment or not, Marcus knew he was the only living person who had ever seen Elise's gentle wrinkles. Typically, a man treated to the view of a giant's soles would soon find himself crushed and broken beneath them.

It turned out the royal slippers had decent cushioning to support the Queen's pampered feet. Lying on the shoe's plush leather insole was rather comfortable, even if he was currently sharing it with Elise. Whenever her toes lifted up or dropped down, the entire shoe moved with them. At the moment, her toes were dormant, leaving the shoe resting at a relatively level position. Marcus' head was even with his feet. If she raised her toes again, all of the blood in his body would rush from his legs and feet to his lowered head. That was definitely his least preferred position beneath her foot. Never in his life had he imagined that one day he would find himself inside the giant Queen's footwear, not once. Nor would he have believed that the Queen was a kind-hearted woman, only wearing him under her foot to protect him from harm. The talk of danger from her subjects had ceased after his impromptu imprisonment. From his position beneath her, it seemed Elise was relaxed and confidant again, reassured of her complete control over the situation.

Marcus couldn't help wondering how long he would be imprisoned at the Queen's feet. The inside of her slipper had become his whole world. The sky that stretched over him was her wrinkled sole. The ground beneath him shifted as his slipper-world plummeted downward. Elise's sole squeezed him, pressing him into the shoe's insole. It felt like she was about to stand up. If that happened... The full weight of a giant would come crashing down upon him. Her shoe would have a new human-sized stain in it.

Elise uncrossed her legs, placing both of her feet flat on the floor before her. She gripped the arms of her throne and began to lean forward.

"Your Majesty! What about the bug in your shoe? Do you intend to crush it?"

"Ah, thank you Celeste, I had forgotten all about my little slave. I so rarely get visitors! It would be such a shame to waste this opportunity."

"Celeste, I want you to see that my slave gets a proper bath. I want him nice and clean when I use his fragile body to pleasure myself."

The Queen's candid remarks set off a series of sniggers in the crowd of vassals.

"My Queen! That human is dangerous! He has already attacked me with his magic. I fear for my safety should I be left alone with this battle mage."

"Nonsense! You are truly afraid of a bug, that willingly crawled into my slipper? I will order the bug not to use its magic. My obedient slave will not challenge my authority."

"But my Queen..."

"Do not spoil my evening's entertainment. I love all of my subjects, Celeste, until they test my patience."

Celeste knelt before the throne. "Yes, my Queen. He shall have a proper bath as you command."

"You may use my personal bath. Leave him in my bed chamber once you are finished."

Celeste waited while the Queen removed Marcus from her shoe and returned him to his cage. The Queen extended her arm, holding the cage out for Celeste.

"Do not damage my property, Celeste. If my slave is injured, I will see to it that you are injured by Claire's axe."

"On my honor, Your Majesty, I would never!"

"Slave, you are to obey Mistress Celeste. She has requested that you refrain from using your magic. You will follow her orders. Celeste is a powerful giant. Do not cross her."

"Your words honor me, My Queen!"

"Off with you then. Remember my warning."

Celeste exited through the rear of the throne room, traveling down a narrow hallway. She had prepared the Queen's bath many times, and knew the way to her personal bath chamber quite well. Celeste entered the Queen's bath and closed the door behind her. She raised the prisoner's cage to her face.

"Take it back."

Marcus looked into Celeste's brown eyes, which were currently narrowed at him. "Take what back?"

"You know what you said! Take it back right now!"

"I've been in a shoe for the last three hours. My memory is a bit hazy."

"You were only in the Queen's slipper for one hour, you big baby. Is that the limit of a mighty sorcerer's stamina? After you attacked me with your magic, you said my face was fat. My face is not fat!"

Celeste's black hair framed her face nicely. Her features seemed delicate and feminine. The light tone of her caramel skin blended well with her dark hair and pink lips. Being face to giant face with her did seem to disprove his earlier assertion.

"I must have erred. I uttered nonsense without thinking. You have my apology."

"That will do for now. I think you will have to work harder to earn my forgiveness. The Queen was very clear, she said you are to be bathed and returned to her undamaged. She did not say that I was forbidden from punishing you."

"I apologize, Mistress Celeste. My words have insulted you. For the rest of my days, when I am asked of my trip to the castle of the giants, I will regale my fellow travelers with tales of your wondrous beauty."

"You think you can melt my heart with pretty words? You embarrassed me in front of My Queen. I do not want your empty flattery. I will unlock your cage now. Remove those filthy rags you call clothing."

Marcus undressed while he watched Celeste preparing his bath. She placed an unusually large clay bowl on the floor. It was much bigger than any bowl that a giant would normally eat from. A steaming pot hung over an open flame. She carefully took the pot from the fire by its wooden handles, slowly pouring the heated water into the large clay bowl. Next, vials of what Marcus assumed were scented oils were dumped into the hot water. Celeste stirred the steaming bathwater with a long wooden spoon, before reaching for Marcus.

"We must wait a bit for the water to cool. Your new Mistress has a task for you while you wait."

Marcus found himself being lowered to the floor, placed at Celeste's feet. She promptly slipped out of her shoes, using the toes of her left foot to shove the discarded shoes toward him.

"There is a pebble stuck inside my left shoe. It is uncomfortable. No matter how many times I try, the stubborn thing refuses to shake loose. You are the perfect size to enter my shoe and remove it."

Her simple brown flats lay before him. They were not the shoes of a Queen. The leather material they were constructed from looked stiff, likely chosen for durability above comfort. The smell of hard-working feet began to fill the air.

"Do this for me, slave. Please your Mistress."

His clothing was discarded, far out of reach on the table high above, per her orders. He had nothing to cover his nose.

"I should not be so kind, but I will help you with your task just this once."

Her fingers swiftly pinched him, lifting him over her left shoe, and then dropped him onto the moist surface below. For the second time in a single day, Marcus found himself inside a giant's shoe. It smelled of stale leather and musty sweat. He pulled his face away from the hot insole. The inside of her shoe was still radiating warmth from her recently removed sole.

"Strange," Celeste observed from up high, "I expected you to say something about my feet. Perhaps my tired feet are a bit stinky? You are oddly quiet."

"I smell nothing displeasing, Mistress Celeste. It is my pleasure to clean your shoe for you."

Marcus glanced around quickly, hoping the offending pebble was close at hand. His eyes began to water from the strong aroma of her feet. It was hard to believe, but he longed for his time spent in the Queen's royal slipper.

"The rock is at the other end of my shoe, where my toes rest."

A darkened footprint stretched the length of the shoe's insole. The thought of crawling into the dark, reeking cave that held her toes turned his stomach. Marcus covered his mouth with his hand.

"Do NOT vomit in my shoe! I will make you stay in there until you clean up every last drop of your stomach's foul contents. You can survive my shoe for five minutes. Serve your Mistress with honor."

Marcus forced himself forward, traveling along the uneven ground that had been pounded into the shape of her curvaceous sole by an untold number of footsteps. Whether or not he needed a bath before, he certainly desired one now, anything to wash the foot stink off his naked body.

"You are a beautiful woman, Mistress Celeste. I consider myself a gentleman. That is to say that, I would never refuse a favor asked of me by a lovely lady. You have given me a simple task. It will be my pleasure to alleviate your discomfort."

"Your long-winded flattery is quite impressive, but the rock still appears to be inside my shoe."

Marcus did his best to tune everything out. If he focused hard enough, the lingering odor could be ignored. His situation was only temporary. Soon he would bathe in the scented bath. The soggy smell of Celeste's flats would be a distant memory. He marched forward into the mouth of her shoe with a firm resolve. The smell increased ten fold. It was difficult to see through his watering eyes. He moved with a purpose, but carefully. Falling face-first into her sticky toe prints was the last thing he wanted to experience. A dull-colored rock sat along the inside wall where her smallest toe would rest. It seemed to be wedged partially under the insole. He tugged it free with both hands. The rock was larger than his closed fist. To Celeste, it was merely a bothersome pebble.

"I've found it," he called out. "I don't think I have the strength to climb out of here on my own. Would you be so kind, Mistress?"

"You're certainly a very demanding slave... I suppose I have to pick you up anyway, now that the bathwater is ready. You would not be able to climb into the bowl on your own with that weak little body."

"You are too kind, Mistress Celeste! I will drop the pebble outside of your shoe so that it troubles you no more."

Marcus dangled from her fingertips over the huge steaming bowl. "Isn't this bath a bit too big for just me?"

"Who said it was only for you?"

She loosened her grip on him, causing him to fall from her fingertips into the warm water below. With a splash, he sank below the surface of the bathwater. He kicked his legs until he resurfaced, taking in a lungful of scented air.

The gears in his head finally clicked into place. The large bowl on the floor, probably big enough to bathe an entire village of humans. His steamy bath smelled of the same scented oils he had experienced in the Queen's shoe. Celeste was about to give herself the royal treatment, at his expense.

"No."
"Wait..."
"You can't do that! It isn't safe!"

Much to his dismay, Celeste responded by raising her feet above him. Her pale soles descended toward him, eager for their warm bath.

"I just love a good soak," Celeste giggled.

Marcus panicked as he was pushed underwater by one of her huge soles. Her feet forced their way into the bowl, shoving him out of the way with ease. He pounded desperately at her sole with his fists, but it refused to budge. His puny struggles had no chance of moving the feet of a giant. He would have to swim free, and quickly, before he ran out of what little air remained in his lungs. It was his only chance. He kicked his feet furiously, feeling his way along the length of her sole with his hands. Where there were wrinkles, he used them to pull himself forward. With his lungs burning, he reached the underside of her toes. They weren't spread apart. He couldn't slip through them to the life-giving air above. With the last of his energy, he pounded the underside of her nearest toe, praying for some kind of reaction. Her toes stubbornly refused him his freedom. It was the end, a humiliating one. Light poured into the murky water as she fanned her toes out. Marcus clawed desperately for the surface. He gasped for air, taking in deep breaths of the humid air between her toes.

"Oh good, I was hoping you could swim. Having to explain to the Queen how you drowned beneath my feet would have been dreadfully embarrassing."

Her toes weren't fully submerged. He sprawled himself out over the top of her nearest toe, still catching his breath.

"While you're down there, you should make yourself useful. Scrub between my toes."

Marcus reluctantly climbed back into the water, repositioning himself to reach the soft skin between the two nearest toes.

"I should be disposing of you, not bathing with you. If my foot slipped and crushed you into the bottom of that bowl, we would all be a lot safer. Accidents happen. No one would blame me."

"Please Mistress, don't say such things. If you did that, who would clean between your beautiful toes?" He punctuated his words with a kiss to the side of her wet toe.

"Somehow, you've tricked the Queen into trusting you. I won't be fooled so easily. I'll be watching you. You'll wish you had drowned under my feet if you try anything funny with Queen Elise."

"I will obey my master until my dying breath. Your Queen spoke the truth." His hand stroked a particularly sensitive spot, causing Celeste's entire foot to quiver. "Apologies, Mistress, I wasn't trying to tickle you."

"It has been a long time since a man touched me there. It shames me to enjoy such things."

Marcus continued to caress the sensitive spot he'd discovered, eliciting a soft moan from above. "Are there other places on your feet you like to be touched?"

"You are a naughty little devil!"

"Or maybe you prefer being kissed?"

He lowered his face, dragging his tongue along her skin in long strokes. Celeste squealed with delight. Glancing upward, he saw her tightly gripping the hem of her dress with each of her hands.

"Do NOT do that again!"

Marcus defiantly continued to lick the sensitive skin between her middle toes. The wooden chair creaked as she squirmed.

"You are not mine to play with. You belong to Her Majesty! It is disrespectful to amuse myself with My Queen's personal property!"

"She won't mind. She told me to please my new Mistress."

"That is NOT what she said!" Celeste stifled an involuntary moan with her hand. "Will you please stop licking my toes!"

"You have such supple skin, and the bath oils taste sweet. Would you like it if I nibble under your toe?"

Celeste gasped loudly, leaning back in the chair, nearly tearing her dress as her back arched.

"That's too far! You've gone too far!"

Marcus idly kicked his legs, treading water as Celeste pulled her dripping feet away from him.

"I think that's enough of that. Your bath is over."

"Have I displeased you, Mistress Celeste?"

"There's only one person you should concern yourself with pleasing, and she isn't here. Lie on this towel and dry off."

The cool air attacked his exposed skin as Celeste snatched him out of the bowl and dumped him onto a folded towel lying on the stone floor. He shivered as a cool draft blew across his bare back. Something warm and heavy pressed against his back, pushing him down into the towel.

"Now I will teach you a secret that every giant knows. You will soon understand a truth that humans have somehow forgotten. Bugs are meant to be under our feet. They enjoy being stepped on."

The unpleasantness of the cold stinging his back was replaced with a blanket of warm flesh. Marcus laid on his stomach, beneath her sole. The ball of her foot pressed into the towel in front of him, with her arch folded down over him. Her warm skin on his naked body felt wonderful after a hot bath.

"You like that, don't you bug? You like it when I step on you."

He watched as she lifted the ball of her foot, before lowering it again. She rocked her foot back and forth over him, lifting her heel, and then her toes; shifting the weight of her foot back and forth across his body.

"Humans are dirty little things, crawling at our feet. They aren't happy with their miserable existences. Only our mighty footsteps can bring a joyous end to their misery. You know I speak the truth. When we leave this room, you will miss the touch of my bare sole. You will long to be stepped on again. Humans must constantly be reminded of their rightful place."

Her sole left his back suddenly. The cold air returned, briefly, before he felt the bulbous pad of her big toe press forcefully into his back. Pressure came in waves as she lifted her toe, then pressed it down upon him, over and over. His back popped loudly as the rhythmic massage continued. A flash of intense pain rushed through him, but was quickly replaced with a blissful feeling as her toes continued to dance across his back, working out the kinks in his spine.

"One day, my feet will take away all of your pain. Your suffering will finally end. No longer will you be plagued by that tiny, fragile human shell. I will send you into the next life with a single blissful step. I am sorry that day will not be today. It is cruel to tease you like this. I apologize for prolonging your existence in that horribly inadequate bug-body. Perhaps spending some time under the bottoms of my feet will be enough to comfort you for now."

End Notes:
I'm afraid I got more than a little carried away with this chapter! It sure was fun to write though!

This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=7684