Leaving the First Impression by Herocity
Summary:

Set a few centuries in the future, a mind-uploaded spaceship by the name of Alice terraforms planets for human life. As a gesture to the creative spirit of humanity she lets the humans use her size changing technology to leave a mark upon the planet so vast it will be held in awe for generations to come.


Categories: Giantess, Gentle, Instant Size Change, Sci-Fi Characters: None
Growth: Tera (101 mi and up)
Shrink: None
Size Roles: None
Warnings: Following story may contain inappropriate material for certain audiences
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes Word count: 6278 Read: 15149 Published: March 01 2018 Updated: March 01 2018

1. Chapter One: Terraforming by Herocity

2. Chapter Two: Titaness by Herocity

3. Epilogue by Herocity

Chapter One: Terraforming by Herocity
Author's Notes:

7th November, 2467 CE, Tronteins Star System, in orbit of Planet Curie.

 

After ten years the Terraforming operation was at last complete. Planet Curie (named as it was, after the Great Scientist Marie Curie) was now ready for human habitation. The first batch of human colonists had already arrived in this system a few weeks ago. They were all now being revived from their stasis pods, their fifty light year journey at an end. Within a few days they would all be settled on this world. The years ahead in establishing and expanding the colony would involve a great deal of hard work, especially in the first few months before the arrival of the second wave of colonists. But in the end most of it would be simply the tasks that were difficult for human machines such as I to manage. For while I am a machine, Self-Replicating Spaceship, a Mind Uploaded AI or whatever you want to classify me as, I was still, underneath it all a human being with limits to my own intelligence and creativity, which is why I still needed living, biological humans for so many things.

 

Even after hundreds of years of scientific development true, non-biologically based artificial intelligence had never been achieved; instead the task of colonising the galaxy for all sentient creatures was left to me, Alice. Almost everyone knows who I am and my life story of how I and my personality duplicates came to emerge as an interstellar hyperpower that would decide the fate of the human race in addition to that of five other sentient species and would therefore consider an explanation tedious.

 

But it is still worth mentioning that when I colonised the very first world for the human race almost three hundred years ago I made a huge mistake. Indeed the mistake itself even has a name; it is the two mile wide ‘Baka Alice’ crater of planet Omicron. The crater was formed by a mishap I had with an asteroid, instead of the ice asteroid breaking apart in the atmosphere, it remained intact and crashed into the planet, leaving an ugly impression on the surface ever since. It had imparted an important lesson on me about being careful when terraforming planets and of the permanence of the mistakes I could make.

 

The humans whom I terraform on behalf of on the other hand have developed something of a different interpretation of the legacy of this event. It seems quite a few humans actually liked the idea of leaving a very large and visibly unique mark on a newly terraformed world. Something of a symbol of human frailty and imperfection, as contrasted with my precise and orderly machine-like nature that created functional new worlds, but were creatively sterile. They had asked that a ritual to create a stamp on each newly terraformed world be made into a formal tradition. Not of course to drop a big ugly asteroid on every new world, but rather something a bit more intentionally elegant and artistic.  To do this it had been agreed that we would use the power of size changing technology, to leave a vast mark upon the surface of the planet that could be seen from even the furthest of this system’s outer planets.

 

In the everyday lives of the human colonists the ability to use devices to change the size of any person or object are ubiquitous. Anyone that can pass a basic criminal background check and rudimentary personality test can get a hold of a device that can, within certain limits make the size of almost anything bigger or smaller. The applications for industry, entertainment and well, practically everything are numerous and while now these applications are now mundane in everyday human life, they used to be revolutionary.

 

However as everyone is also no doubt aware such technology is extremely dangerous when used carelessly or maliciously and therefore the various Alices of the AliceNet (the name we give for the communications network that connects all of my personality duplicates together), in consultation with various planetary human councils had agreed to limit the maximum possible size change permitted and to comprehensively track all size changes in order to avoid a repeat of the kind of catastrophe that had rendered Earth uninhabitable for the human species and had brought the entire human race down from its population peak of ten billion down to ten million miserable, impoverished survivors.

 

Today however, for one human being only we would waive this limit. By the process of a lottery we had selected our one, lucky human. The name of this adolescent, Sarah Jenkins would go down in the history of this new planet as the woman who left her vast imprint on this planet. Sarah was a human whom on her previous home planet worked as a full time Drone Programmer but in her spare time designed shoes with custom prints on the soles, which meant that this imprint of hers would be her very own, personal design. As I revived her from storage and acclimatised her to the Zero-G environment of the spaceship I scanned the pair of shoes she had designated as her footwear of choice.

 

The deep patterns on each of her soles were intricate and designed, to some extent to be functional, with varying sized circular ridges that would one day contain differently sized industrial complexes, farms or towns, swirling patterns to contain suburbs or parks and even very narrow lines to connect them all with each other, saving the effort the colonists might expend in tunnelling or excavating between each ‘Valley’; she had spent months preparing for this moment and wanted to do her very best in making her alteration of the landscape impressive, functional and conducive to interaction and mingling of this world’s inhabitants.

 

It had taken days but the fusion reactors were now at one hundred percent charge, the energy storage devices were close to full and all non-essential drones that drew on my power grid were taken offline. To use the resizer at this scale would almost completely deplete all of my energy reserves. I sent a Faster than Light message to one of my duplicates, Alicia. I also sent out a mass email to all members of the AliceNet, including the small number of ‘Non-Alice’ Spacecraft that belonged to our network. A fraction of a second later a small dark skinned woman in a white lab coat appeared in my Virtual Reality environment. She stared at the camera drone footage of Sarah carefully slipping her shoes on. “I suppose you want me to give you my half of the resize delimiter code?” Alicia asked redundantly as she summoned a glass of lemonade into her VR. “No, I want you to just sit here and watch a human put on her shoes on” we both laughed as the second encryption key appeared in my messages list.

 

I then turned to a tall, white skinned man wearing a suit and tie in the corner of the room. “Peter, send our shoe sole artist down to the surface. Make sure we get her vitals and a communicator all hooked up on her before we start”. My AI Assistant saluted me “Yes, Ma’am” and then disappeared from the VR. We spent the next few hours making last minute checks of our equipment and the planetary environment. In the meantime Sarah had landed and left the spaceship, taking the very first human steps on the surface of Curie. She made her own last minute inspection of her shoes, carefully picking off the bits of grass that had become stuck to her soles. She was dressed unusually for a colonist that was undergoing the ceremony of ‘Leaving the First Impression’.

 

To start with she wore a short skirt, knee high socks and a brightly coloured tank top that exposed her cleavage. Most of those that would make the first gigantic imprint on their new home planet would in general tend to dress modestly, whether they are male or female. The last three ‘First Impression Artists’ all wore long trousers. Was Ms Jenkins aware that all of the universe would see the underwear up her skirt when she was super-sized? I briefly dived into her psychological profile that was on file, looking into her background to try and see if I missed something important. Oh, yes, there it was. Guess that did slip my mind.

 

Of course, Sarah knew exactly what she doing and I knew that she would enjoy every moment of it. A brief thought crossed my mind, maybe I should call this off? I soon put it out of my mind, she had broken no rules either by me or the human councils and if word got out, I would be known all across the galaxy as Alice, the Kink Shamer. I therefore only contended myself by making sure that she would remember the rules.

 

“Good Afternoon Sarah Jenkins, are you ready?” I asked her through her attached communicator. “On behalf of the colonists of Curie, I am ready to leave the first impression on the planet” she said, almost from the script we had prepared for this occasion. “Good, are you currently feeling okay Sarah?  Are you experiencing any pain, nausea, alcoholic intoxication, or other issues I should know about?” Sarah replied “No Alice, I have fully recovered from my unfreezing and have not felt any sickness for the past two hours”. I watched her vital signs. All was well.

 

“Now before I commence the growth process I would just like to remind you of what you are expected to do” I said and Sarah nodded. “In about five minutes or so from now I will grow your size from your current height of one hundred and fifty three centimetres to that of three hundred kilometres, or about two hundred thousand times your current base size. While at this stature you must move very carefully and make only one imprint per foot and nothing more, do not grind your shoes against the surface and do not stomp down on the landscape or you will likely ruin the patterns you have so carefully crafted, if you start to move outside of the parameters we agreed on whether by accident or intent, I will activate the shrink protocol prematurely, which will result in your normal human sized body suddenly appearing in the upper atmosphere and falling towards the surface at terminal velocity, where it will then take about half an hour to pick you up and take you back into orbit. Please do not embarrass either of us by forcing me to activate that emergency protocol”.

 

She nodded “I understand, one crater for my left shoe and one for my right shoe. I’m not gonna grind my shoes like that bimbo who left the mark on my world did. How deep do you think it will be?” She asked me as she adjusted her socks and then carefully looked herself over with a compact mirror. “Well that depends on a lot of factors including the density of the surface you’re going to stand on, your own density and your total mass, but my calculations suggest that the depth will be roughly just over thirty kilometres, maybe less given that the surface below that area is much denser”. She smiled “Not solid enough against these two babies!” she giggled raising her left and right foot alternately so that the drone could get a clear picture of the bottom of her shoes, each of which held different patterns. She waved at the drone “Get a good look at my shoes boys and girls. You’re all going to be living, working and playing in these treads. Think of me, Sarah Jenkins every time you look up and up and up on those twenty mile walls all around you. Think of my thoughtfulness when you build those superhighways along the narrow strips between each valley without having to tunnel through. Be thankful to your benevolent Goddess!”

 

All of the watching Alice’s in the VR groaned in annoyance. I was now used to the fact that a human being selected for a ‘Super-Sizing’ would almost always develop some narcissistic tendencies. When you have the power to leave a crater on the planet’s surface that is so large that one day an entire metropolis can be built inside it, the idea can sure go to your head; it is not helped at all by the fact that these men and women tend to become celebrities on their new planets and on their old home worlds. Even visiting aliens from light years around are attracted to this spectacle. At best all I could do was to remind these would-be deities that it would only be a temporary, literally once-in-a-life-time opportunity and to at least make an effort to exclude humans with personality disorders from the resizing process altogether.

 

In any case, the billions of human beings from the dozens of worlds watching the live transmission all across our settled volume of space of hundreds of lightyears across found all of this quite entertaining and even sent messages all across social media filled to the brim with requests to me and our soon to be huge colonist. In any case, since I had deliberately enabled my Emotional Dampening system I was able to easily ignore these messages and focus on my task. I had assembled millions of drones from various angles to fly just outside the space that would be occupied by the three hundred kilometre Titaness. I moved all my assets from low-planet-orbit to avoid collisions. I charged the device, readying myself for the big moment.

Chapter Two: Titaness by Herocity

“Ready, Sarah? I am starting the process. Shout if you want to abort” I told her. She raised a thumb up. “Biggify me, Alice!” She shouted. The other Alices that had gathered in my VR space booed and jeered at her made up word. I ignored them as I brought up a VR representation of a Big Red Button with the word ‘Biggify’ written on it, even going as far as to broadcast this moment in my VR through the public channel. That caught a fresh wave of heckling from my watching duplicates as well as a stream of laughing emoticons through the social media feeds.

 

I pressed the button and watched through my drone feeds the near instantaneous filling of over one million cubic kilometres of space with a living and breathing human being. As part of our protocol, when a new subject is resized to this height, they are required to stand perfectly still for a few minutes, to let the initial shockwave of all that atmosphere and dirt being displaced to run its course (and to ensure her shoes sank into the ground just the way we intended). If there were any other human inhabitants on this planet right now, the sound of her sudden appearance would be heard as a deafening roar no matter where they were on its surface.

 

She appeared with her hands on her hips, her long hot pink hair flowing down to her shoulders. She had full discretion to decide how distant each of her footprints would be from each other just before the resizing took place. I expected her to, in light of her emphasis on a functional design for her shoeprints to place her feet right next to each other or at least very close to enable a shorter distance from one of her vast craters to the other. Instead she had by my observations at the very last second, almost on a whim spread out her legs so that there was a hundred kilometres between each shoe. Moments later when I viewed the feed from a drone close to the surface and I remembered what I read in her profile it had become clear why she did this.

 

My drones were programmed to look up from the surface of the planet, to simulate the visual effect of a person standing on the surface of the planet looking up at this vast woman, whose height exceeded that of this planet’s crust by almost an order of magnitude. It was always the angle we started with, after all there had to be some way to convey just how enormous three hundred kilometres really was. From there I, as well as the people watching the broadcast feed caught an absolute eyeful of what was literally the biggest upskirt shot in the entire universe. Taking advantage of the detailed, long range vision of the camera we all had a very clear and uninterrupted view of this woman’s white panties from one hundred and fifty kilometres away, to top it all off the drones could very clearly spot a vast camel toe, comparable in height alone to that of Earth’s Mount Everest. Once I realised what she had done I could only think of the ridicule and teasing the human colonists and the other Alices would subject me to for letting this happen.

 

Be that as it may I was committed now so I let the camera feeds move on and soon we had a view of her face. Her expression was that of a warm smile, the green pupils of her eyes swivelled from left to right as she drank in the sight of the planetary surface, the orange glow of the star Tronteins behind her to avoid the glare from getting into her eyes. Indeed, her eyes were so vast she would not have seen even the biggest of the drones surrounding her even if they were as close to her pupils as possible. Every blink she made created a massive sonic boom that was filtered out of the feed at the software level in real time. If she spoke in anything except a whisper the sound would carry across the entire planet. In a few minutes her vast mouth would be opened to give a speech testifying to this moment, but not yet, my drones were still giving me readings that her shoes were still sinking into the ground below, albeit more slowly as the seconds ticked by.

 

I switched the feed to a close up view of her hands. Each fingernail immaculately painted with all of the colours the flag of her home colony’s largest nation-state, the Red, White and Blue of the New United States of America. Irrational as it was it put a smile on my face. While I was born in Cape Town, in the old Earth nation of The Republic of South Africa, for most of my life as a biological human being the old United States of America was my home until they uploaded my brain onto a spaceship and sent me to explore and colonise the stars. It may have happened centuries ago but it almost felt like yesterday. Today I worked for no nation and had no allegiance to anything but the moral imperative to bring peace and prosperity as far and wide as possible to all intelligent beings. Nonetheless humans (and a few of their extraterrestrial compatriots!) always have and always will be a tribalistic species. As long as they weren’t making war on each other I was all too happy to let them belong to whatever faction they wanted to belong to and to display it almost however they wanted to.

 

I checked my ground drones again and analysed the seismic readings, the sinking had stopped now. Her shoes were now firmly planted into the ground. If I shrunk her back down now we would be all done as far as the leaving of the First Impression was concerned. But now it was her turn to make her speech, to dedicate this spot she now occupied as a gift to the colonists and the human race as a whole. I sent a message through her communicator. “First Pioneer of Planet Curie, Sarah Jenkins, you are the very first living human being to step foot on the soil of this new world. You will also be, by far the very largest being of any kind to ever step on this planet’s surface. Share with us your message!” This time I switched every single public feed to a full body view of Sarah from over a thousand kilometres away. I adjusted the recording drones to adjust the recorded sounds of her voice so that she could be heard clearly and legibly. She took a deep breath and began.

 

“My Name is Sarah Jenkins, member of the New United States of America and a proud part of the species Homo Sapiens. I welcome you, new colonists, all human beings and all other sentient beings to our newly terraformed Planet of Curie! I stand just beneath the very limits of this planet’s new atmosphere, as a colossus, larger than any natural formation, larger than almost any artefact ever created by ours or any other species without fear or apology! I stand at this stature of three hundred kilometres not to conquer or intimidate nor to abuse our technology in order to repeat The Great Mistake that had almost brought us all to extinction but to leave you all a gift, a mark upon this world that will one day be filled by your homes, your shops, your factories and anything else that you put all of your minds to. I stand as the representative of the human race to make this gift to you all”. She then raised both of her hands and formed a V symbol with her fingers. She looked straight up now. “From the brink of extinction, we the human race now emerge, stronger than ever! We shall make life bloom where it has never bloomed before!” She stood there for a full ten seconds as I detected her body beginning to sink an additional kilometre into the ground, from the force of raising her arms into the low orbit of the planet.

 

She then slowly lowered both of her arms to her sides again. “Now that I have given my message for all of you, I would now like to take the time left to present a more personal message” she said, her voice now sounded noticeably more anxious. It was my turn to smile. As a rule all of those that made the first impression on the new planet would make a speech, pre-determined by the Human Colonial Council and a meeting of the AliceNet and rehearsed by the human selected for being super-sized before the journey to the new world had even begun. However at the end of this speech they were entitled to, if they wanted, to make a personal speech or request. In this case only I, Alice knew what she was going to say. The general public, the Colonial Council, not even the other Alices were informed as to what her message would be. I did this to surprise the other Alices, as well as the rest of the audience. Knowing my own personality I knew that I loved surprises like this.

 

She cleared her throat nervously and began her message. “Jeremy Carlin, we had been together on our homeworld of Tereshkova for five years before we made the fifty lightyear journey here fifty five years ago. We’ve arrived here on our new world and now we can start a fresh life.” She paused for a few seconds, shutting her eyes in contemplation.

 

I used this time myself to slow time around me, or rather to increase my own framerate/subjective perception of time, one of the major perks of having a computer for a brain. The anxiety from the giantess was somewhat concerning and I summoned my assistant, Peter again. He reappeared in front of me. “You rang?” He asked me nonchalantly. “Peter, give me an update on Sarah Jenkins vital signs”. His avatar flickered momentarily as he retrieved and compiled the data.

 

“Subject has an elevated heart rate and breathing, however these are still within parameters you have deemed acceptable. Most plausible reason: Temporary anxiety. I have however noticed an unusual physiological effect on her body”. I looked at Peter quizzically. He stared back at me “Do you have any instructions for me ma’am?” he asked me. I only just remembered that I took his ability to read my thoughts out of his software. Too creepy when he did that, I much preferred that I verbally command him, even if this was inefficient. “What unusual effect?” I asked him, annoyed that he didn’t just tell me in the first place. “Subject is in a state of sexual arousal, I have confirmed the existence of vaginal lubrication and neurological activity indicative of an elevated state of sexual excitement. I have also detected a visual sign on the ground feeds”. I sighed and sank into my chair. “Bring up the ground feeds with the visuals” I ordered, not looking forward to this.

 

The camera switched from Sarah’s currently frozen face to the drones observing from the ground, to revisit the site of the universe’s largest upskirt shot. Peter’s AI then focused on the discrepancy he mentioned. Just as I thought, the visible signs of a literal lake of vaginal fluid being caught by her underwear, leaving the visible dark stain of moist panties the whole universe could see. I looked at the public feeds, already I could see a few comments coming in, most of them either predictably lewd, others that were making fun of her or of me (mostly both). Well there was no point in censoring out the public footage now. Closing the barn door after the horse has left would only make me look more foolish. I dropped my own framerate now, bringing myself back into the world of normal human time.

 

Sarah continued her own personal speech, her cheeks starting to noticeably flush red “To begin our new life, I want you to marry me, Jeremy. Let’s have the wedding right here, right between my two footprints!” A sudden eruption of gasps and awws from the other Alice’s emerged from behind me. That was my cue now; Sarah would not get an answer from her boyfriend just yet. I did not wish them to communicate at this time as I didn’t want this supersized giantess to start jumping around in excitement and making an awe-inspiring mess, especially with her elevated combination of anxiety and sexual arousal. I connected my voice system to the public broadcast channel.

 

“Ladies and Gentlemen, the Terraforming of Curie is now complete. The very first human being to land has now completed the marking of this world with her footprints! In a few moments I shall return our lucky pioneer Sarah Jenkins to her normal human size and I shall commence disembarkation of all colonists on the surface. Please remember to read the reports concerning your allotted living spaces and work arrangements. I’ve had a few small cities and autofactories established to provide all the initial equipment you need, but we still have much work ahead of all of us. I expect you all to do your jobs with the same degree of diligence as mine”. I then switched over to speak to Sarah, still standing with her arms by her side. “Are you ready?” I asked her, knowing now that her time was up. She had been a supersized now for ten minutes, but soon enough my energy reserves would be completely depleted and then I would no longer have the ability to sustain her current size.

 

“Live Long and Prosper!” Sarah shouted, making the Vulcan salute as I pressed a big blue button that appeared in front of me that read ‘Debiggify’. Another wave of annoyed groans from the other Alices assaulted my ears after that. A moment later the three hundred kilometre Titaness that was Sarah Jenkins vanished from view. “Peter, give me a visual on her current location”. My assistant appeared in my view again. “Yes ma’am, she is current one hundred and fifty kilometres above the surface. All vital signs normal, shuttle is moving to intercept”. I looked now at the tiny human figure falling towards the planet’s surface at near terminal velocity.

 

To avoid messing up her own footprints or creating additional ones via the shrinking process I had modified the device to instantaneously grow or shrink the subject. In the case of shrinking back to normal size this had the side effect of causing them to appear in the upper atmosphere. Luckily we had prepared for this moment. She had her own artificial oxygen bubble surrounding her that would remain intact even as the vast vacuum around her began to fill itself in. “You okay there, Sarah?” I asked her through her communicator. “That was quite a shock, Alice. I’m okay, I’m okay. How far am I above the surface? Ah I don’t think I want to know right now, actually. Tell me later”. She then paused again “Can you get Jeremy on my communicator now?”

 

“Glad to see you’re alright Sarah, I’ll do something better. That shuttle which is coming to get you? I have him on board”. Sarah squealed in delight as I switched the screen over to the interior of the shuttle. Her boyfriend was sitting in the main disembarkation area. His face was red and he was trying to cover an erection with one hand that was nonetheless easily visible through his trousers as he watched the footage of his girlfriend standing on the planet’s surface with rapt attention. All of the pieces of the puzzle were now falling into place. The things humans will do for love!

 

Epilogue by Herocity
Author's Notes:

Alice finishes her work and explains what happened to her chosen pioneer.

It had been a busy thirty hours but finally the last shuttle took off from the main colony ship. The AliceNet duplicate pilot, Alexandria bid I and the humans farewell as she turned the craft around and began the fifty light year return trip to pick up additional settlers. Overall thanks to the power of our size changing technology we were able to pack a breathtaking five million human beings into a cylindrical craft that that was only one kilometre in length and one hundred metres wide, yet still have plenty of room left over for additional equipment and supplies.

 

All five million of these colonists had now arrived on the surface of the planet, to take up residence in their homes. Some of which the residents had immediately disliked and sought to swap places with other colonists who coveted their piece of real estate. The teething problems of new settlements would take a while to sort through but were unavoidable.

 

In the weeks that followed the entire area that was Ms Jenkins footprints was turned into an exclusion zone. Humans would not be allowed within a hundred kilometres of her footprints for a few months yet; this also included the site between her footprints that Sarah had proposed to have her marriage at. Even with the social pressure of a newly elected council that requested a special exemption from me to hold the wedding in this area I held firm against anyone being allowed in this hazardous zone. The entire area she stepped into had immediately become almost as hot as molten lava due to the friction heat caused by the vast amount of the planet’s crust she had displaced in addition to the normal levels of heat to be expected at those depths.

 

To make the print habitable would involve months of work via millions of drones that would smooth and polish the ‘Microscopic’ imperfections of her design, install climate control systems and other infrastructure such as lifts and air/spaceports. I also had to manipulate the weather to ensure that rainfall into the area was controlled and that the bottom of the footprint didn’t become completely waterlogged (the bottom of the print was twice as deep as the deepest ocean on this planet, making drainage impossible). Most importantly of all, a safety fence had to be installed to avoid the prospect of anyone falling down into that thirty five kilometre deep hole in the ground.

 

A few months later the site was ready and to commemorate the opening the human council decided to host the opening ceremony at the same time as the wedding between Sarah Jenkins and Jeremy Carlin. A crowd of hundreds of thousands had gathered to see the couple wed. As was now tradition in the New USA, celebrity weddings would typically involve the newlyweds grown to several hundred metres in height. Ostensibly this was so that the large crowds could see the bride and groom from far and wide, but in practice I was more sympathetic to the critics that characterised this ‘Tradition’ as ‘Vain and Narcissistic’. But maybe that was because I just hated weddings or perhaps it was just a reminder that despite my permanently youthful visual appearance, I was an over three hundred year old spaceship.

 

This couple had both been authorised to grow to a height of eight hundred metres, or about the same height as the tallest structure on the planet at the time. Both of them dressed in the traditional wedding attire of the western world that I had known from my days on planet Earth. Perhaps the biggest difference being that the groom had around his neck a special ‘Shrink Collar’ while the bride didn’t. I can leave it to your imagination as to what symbolic significance they attach to this.

 

I can attest as well that after thirty years the both of them are still happily married and have contributed to the further growth of the human race through the three children they have had. The feeling of awe they must get in knowing that their own mother had once created the very geographical formation that they went to school and lived in along with the millions of people around them. It was something that all of the children of the ‘First Impression Artists’ had to live with so they were all in good company. Today this couple have retired from their jobs and live quite lives inside of the Sarah Jenkins (Left) city, away from the crowds of people that would ask Sarah for her autograph (or a symbolic tap of her shoe). Sarah has always maintained that if she had the opportunity to do it again, that she would. Indeed if you could ascend to the same height and hold the same godlike perspective, wouldn’t you?

 

The demand for new worlds by the human race was relentless. In spite of there being only five billion human beings in existence we had already settled thirty terraformed worlds, with another ten undergoing terraforming. The humans of all these worlds demanded an affluent lifestyle that consumed vast amounts of land and resources. It was in a sense, quite wasteful but at the same time, even with a high birth rate it kept the population pressures low and along with the ability of the AliceNet to control dangerous technology helped to prevent the outbreak of new wars among the human race. The human race had enjoyed the longest period of unbroken peace that had ever existed in their long and violent history.

 

Our ability to grow human beings to the spectacular heights of hundreds of kilometres is intended to be in the end a testament to the kinds of vast power and responsibility that rests on our shoulders but also a statement of our intent. The human beings alive today are too young to remember when the vast scientific powers of the human race had brought, within my own lifetime a revival of slavery, imperialism and totalitarianism and then a near complete collapse of human civilization and the world that supported them. Too young to have wept when finding their own home-world was a near dead husk of snow and rubble from the effects of nuclear weapons, asteroid bombardment and the footprints ‘Behemoth Soldiers’. Even today the ability of the AliceNet to remediate Earth’s environmental destruction is limited and slow-going due to the extent of the damage. But soon enough Earth would be made great again and human beings would be able to survive and thrive there once more.

 

In one sense I speak to you of the vastness of human beings whose shoe prints can be filled by whole metropolises, of the vastness of our exploration of space which extends in an expanding bubble hundreds of light years from Earth, but in another broader sense we are positively tiny and microscopic before the universe itself. The size of our galaxy alone is one hundred thousand light years across and the universe itself holds billions of galaxies stretched out over billions of light years. To top this all off, there may indeed exist other universes just as large as this and practically infinite in number. Against this backdrop, we are but a tiny drop in the ocean that is our universe and even more so in a vast multi-verse.

 

In our explorations, we had met nothing that could stand against us, no alien civilization powerful enough to challenge us. But this is only what we have encountered so far. We are the not end, we are just the beginning. My name is Alice and I am an immortal, mind uploaded spaceship with all the time in the universe. Yet in the end I am, underneath it all, only human. I shall always endeavour to my best for all of you.

 

The End

This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=7269