The Mass Effect Chronicales: Miranda by Shrunken Mazerunner
Summary:

With the Collector base blow to hell, Commander Shepard goes down to fix a damaged EDI. He soon finds out he's made a small mistake.

1/8/2017 I'll be adding tags and changing the rating as the story goes.


I no longer have an desire to add to this story. It is being marked as completed. Be warned it is not finished.


Categories: Adventure, Fantasy, Gentle, Instant Size Change, Sci-Fi Characters: None
Growth: None
Shrink: Lilliputian (6 in. to 3 in.)
Size Roles: F/f, F/m
Warnings: Following story may contain inappropriate material for certain audiences, This story is for entertainment purposes only.
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes Word count: 2276 Read: 16381 Published: January 08 2017 Updated: April 23 2017

1. EDI in need of repairs by Shrunken Mazerunner

2. The Giant Miranda by Shrunken Mazerunner

3. We need a plan by Shrunken Mazerunner

EDI in need of repairs by Shrunken Mazerunner
Author's Notes:

Attention reader: This story is being apated from an interactive story that I am writing on writing.com, so please don't get too upset if chapters are shorter than normal. If you wish to read the chapters that I've written for writing.com click here. As you can guess my UN on writing.com is mazerunner117.

http://www.writing.com/main/interact/item_id/1705050-Video-game-GTSShrink/map/15533222222222122111

(You may need to copy/paste the link in the URL)

 

 

 

Another explosion rocked the base as I ran for the Normandy. Rounds flying past my head. Liara ran up the platforms to the open door of the Normandy as Joker shot at the Collectors. A piece of the base fell and knocked the platforms down. Without missing a beat, I took a running jump. Time slowed for a second as I realized, I wasn't going to make it. My torso slammed onto the floor of the airlock. Liara and Miranda both reached down and pulled me up. I turned around and gave one last look at the Collectors as the airlock doors closed. Joker hobbled back to the pilot's seat as EDI said.

"Detonation in 10, 9, 8" She was cut off by Joker.

"Yeah I get the gist of it EDI! Hold on!" Joker flew out of the base. I stood behind him.

"Get to the relay!" I yelled. Joker punched it as the base exploded behind us. The fireball getting ever closer.

"Come on baby." Joker mumbled as his fingers flowed over the controls, trying calculate the jump. Just as we were about the jump, the ship violently shook. We jumped, for all of three seconds. Then the Normandy came to a sudden stop.

"What's going on Joker?" I asked impatiently.

"Don't know, but if I had to guess the fireball must've hit us. Most of my controls are offline. EDI, any idea where we are or how we can get moving again?" I looked over to where EDI's hologram appears, but this time it did not appear. There was silence.

"EDI?" I said. "EDI, are you there?" No response. "I'm going to go to EDI's core. See if I can figure out whats wrong. Keep trying to get the ship moving, and see if you can figure out where we are."

"No promises." Joker said. I turned around and headed towards the elevator in the back of the CIC. The eerie feeling still hung over the CIC as most of the chairs were, and would forever be, empty. I was too slow. The elevator doors opened and I hit the button for the third deck. The doors closed and the elevator started to descend.

A mix of feelings filled my body. Joy and relief that Collectors, and by extension the Reapers, had been stopped or slowed. Worry that EDI suddenly wasn't responding and that we had no idea where we were. Anger at myself for losing so many. I felt a single tear fall from my eye. The elevator doors suddenly opened. Surprised by the doors opening, I straighten up and wiped the tear away. I had work to do.

I walked over to the medical bay and through the door in the back that lead to EDI's AI core. Once I was inside the problem was obvious. A giant piece of the Collector base was jammed into once of EDI's processors. I grabbed ahold of it and gave it a yank. Suddenly it hummed to life. I let go of it and scanned it with my omni-tool. Before I got too far I was thrown back. I slammed into one of EDI's undamaged processors and was knocked unconscious.

The Giant Miranda by Shrunken Mazerunner

My head throbbed as I slowly woke up. I let out a groan and stood up. My eyes opened and I couldn't believe what they saw. I was still in EDI's core, but everything was gigantic. My brain was running a million miles an hour to figure out what happened. Suddenly the door opened. I turned to see a giant Miranda enter the room. She was still in her Cerberus uniform. It had a few tears here and there from the battle.

"Shepard?" Her giant voice boomed. The door closed behind her. I went to get her attention, when suddenly I was hit with a realization. Miranda craves power. She'd never admit it, but I had seen the way she acts. She does everything possible to get power, and at this size she'd have complete power over me.

She may be power hungry, but I still need her help. I thought. I started jumping up and down as I waved my arms above my head.

"Miranda!" I yelled. "I'm down here!"

"Guess that why EDI isn't responding, and where the burst came from." She mumbled to herself. She walked over to the Collector base piece.

"Miranda! Don't touch that!" I yelled.

"What's that sound?" She asked. "Is someone there? Show yourself."

"Down here! I'm down here!" Miranda turned her head down. A confused look suddenly appeared on her face.

"What the..." She said. She activated her omni-tool and scanned me. The tool told her who I was. "What? Impossible." She said. Miranda turned off her tool, and picked me up. The world flew by at an alarming rate. I was brought to a sudden stop. In front of me was a giant blue eye.

"Shepard?!" She yelled. "How did you get so small?!" She brought me back from her face a little and flattened out her hand. I stood up and said.

"I don't know Miranda. I came down here to fix EDI, when I was somehow launched into one of EDI's processors, and knocked out cold. When I woke up everything was big and you walked in."

"Well I know what knocked you back. A burst of energy that originated in this room."

"Must've been from the piece of the Collector base." I said. "But that doesn't explain why I'm so small."

"Look Shepard, we need to find out why you're small. I suggest we take you to Mordin. See if he can fix this." I didn't like the idea of being poked at by Mordin.

"Has Joker figured out why we aren't moving?" I asked.

"Last I heard something was wrong with the engines. He said that the outer casings had been knocked out of place."

"So we aren't going anywhere, are we?"

"Not unless someone goes outside to try and realign the casings. Now let's go see Mordin." With that Miranda started to head to the elevator. I was lost my balance for a second with the sudden forward movement. Miranda moved her hand down next to her flat belly. Each step she took make me lose my balance even more. We didn't even make it out of the med-lab before I fell back in her hand.

I was terrified. At whatever height I was at, Miranda looked like a skyscraper. It felt like the ground was ground was miles away from me. It was even worse when I looked up. Though her boobs blocked part of her face. If I was this scared about such a height difference, how would I feel as Mordin started poking me with whatever tools he uses. Miranda got into the elevator and took it up to the second deck. She walked into Mordin's lab.

"Mordin, Commander Shep...ard..." She stopped when she realized that Mordin wasn't in his lab. "Where is he?"

"He could be in the cargo hold." I said. "There was a lot of debris there."

"Mordin would be all over that stuff." Miranda said. Without another word, she took me back to the elevator and we rode it down to the cargo hold. The cargo hold had been hit pretty bad. A giant drone from the Collectors had drilled its way in. The containment shields had been activated, so the holes created by the drone were not a problem. In the middle of the room was a blob of something, but no one was here.

"Hey Miranda." I called out. "What's that stuff?" I pointed towards the blob.

"I don't know." She said. Miranda started walking over to it. As we got closer I noticed it wasn't a blob. It was what remained of my team, and they were all shrunk.

We need a plan by Shrunken Mazerunner

"Looks like you weren't the only one effected by the energy blast." Miranda said. She bent down and sent me down.

"Of course, the Cheerleader is the only one that didn't shrink!" Jack yelled.

"What's going on Shepard?" Tali asked.

"I don't know. I was hoping that Mordin could figure this out, but looks like I was wrong." I said looking at Mordin.

"Not true. Have theories. Need to get to lab." Mordin said.

"As much as I would love to get back to normal size." Garrus said. "I think it's more important that we get to the Citadel. They have better equipment then we do."

"Getting anywhere is going to be a problem." Miranda said. "The engines are broken. Only way to fix them is if someone goes outside."

"Then why the fuck aren't you out there?! Does the perfect princess not know what to do?" Jack yelled again.

"Jack! Calm down." I yelled.

"Calm down?! Don't you tell me to calm down Shepard! I knew I couldn't trust you or Cerberus! Make me big now or I will throw you into one of those fans!" Jack screamed pointing to one of the nearby vents. Before I could say a word, a giant hand came down and lifted Jack up by one of her legs.

"You're not going to do anything at this size." Miranda said, dangling Jack in front of her face.

"Let go of me bitch!" Jack yelled. She then began to glow blue with biotic energy. A powerful blast of biotic energy slammed into Miranda's face. All it did was make Miranda close her eyes. I was stunned. The most powerful biotic I had ever meet, and all she could get a giant Miranda to do was close her eyes.

"Told you so." Miranda said.

"Knock it off you two!!" I screamed. "Miranda put Jack down!"

"Of course Shepard." She laid Jack on her back in the middle of the group.

"I suggest that we find Joker, then figure out what the best thing for us to do is."

"Commander-" Miranda started.

"That wasn't a request." I said.

"Alright Shepard, but how are the six of you going to get to the upper decks? I can only carry so many."

"I have an idea." Samara said. "Myself and two other could stay down here while Miss. Lawson takes the other three to go look for Mr. Moreau. After you've found him, Miss. Lawson takes the three that went with her and places them on the table in the lab. She could then come back here and retrieve the rest of us."

"I like that idea." I said. "Alright who is going to stay?"

"The less time with the Cheerleader the better!" Jack yelled.

"I guess I'll stay too. Try and keep Jack where you can find her." Garrus said.

"Alright, Shepard, Tali, and Mordin hop on." Miranda said lowering her hand. The three of use climbed aboard. I took a seat.

"Sit down." I said. "It's gonna get a bit bumpy." The two looked at each other then sat down. Miranda's hand was lifted off the ground and we headed back to the elevator. It didn't take us long to find Joker. He was shrunk in his chair. Miranda careful lifted him up and took the four of us to Mordin's lab. After setting us on the table she left to get the other three.

"Mordin." I said. "Earlier you mentioned that you had some theories about what happened. Care to inform the rest of us about them?"

"Past theories irrelevant." He replied.

"How so?" Joker asked.

"Past theories required others being unaffected. Miranda only one unaffected. Makes all past theories impossible. Top priority will be finding cure."

"What?! No. Our top priority should be getting EDI back online." Joker proclaimed. "She can use the repair drones that Shepard bought to fix the engines and help you with your tests."

"Seems like a good idea to me." Miranda said. All of us on the table jumped a little. Miranda lowered her hand and let the rest of my team on the table.

"I still think our best course of action is to fix the engines first. Get us moving. Then worry about EDI." Garrus said.

"Can't do anything until crew restored to normal size!" Mordin insisted.

"Commander Shepard what do you think?" Miranda asked. "You are the commanding officer."

"EDI is going to be our best bet." I said. "We all know EDI is an asset that we can't afford to have down for long. The only question is how are we going to fix her like this?"

"I can handle the giant piece of debris that lodged into her, but I don't know what to do after that." Miranda said.

"Well, you know, that fine. Just keep ignoring the pilot." Joker said. "Keep ignoring the guy that's read EDI's manual like six times. That's fine."

"How did you get ahold of a schematic of EDI's processers?" Miranda asked.

"What? Did you expect me to not find out how to shut off the AI on board my ship?"

"Joker, any idea as to what we need to do?" I asked.

"Well I won't know for certain until I get down there, but my guess is that her power, backup power, and auto repair units were destroyed. If that's all it is then all we need to do is repair and activate the auto repair. But, like I said, I won't know for certain until I get to see for myself."

"Sounds like we get another trip in Miranda's hands." Garrus said.

"Sounds like it." I said. "Same groups as before." Miranda lowered her hand. I turned to the rest of the squad and said. "See you down there." With that Miranda drew her hand up and we were off.

This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=6420