Pay it forward by Sterben Klein, Franchise Writer
Summary:

When someone does something nice for you, you return the kindness. Orphened and raised by her villages local Doctor, Abby struggles to do just that when she winds up in a circumstance she never thought possible. Faced directly with her fears, she now has to try and help the very ones she hates the most...

Monsters...

 


Categories: Giantess, Teenager (13-19), Breasts, Butt, Entrapment, Fantasy, Feet, Gentle, Insertion, Lesbians, Mouth Play, Slave, Violent, Vore Characters: None
Growth: None
Shrink: Lilliputian (6 in. to 3 in.)
Size Roles: F/f
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 42 Completed: No Word count: 341499 Read: 224543 Published: October 31 2016 Updated: April 10 2021
Story Notes:

Contains underage content, lesbians, some dark themes, and probably a lot of other things you'll find offensive so take it with a grain of salt and enjoy reguardless.

 

Also to note, it has Monster girls.

 

:)

1. Doctor, doctor... by Sterben Klein

2. Fatal Mistakes... by Sterben Klein

3. Dinner time... by Sterben Klein

4. A Deal With The Devil... by Sterben Klein

5. From bad to worse... by Sterben Klein

6. No sense losing your head over it. by Sterben Klein

7. Comfort in tragedy... by Sterben Klein

8. Double trouble... by Sterben Klein

9. Impatience is a virtue... by Sterben Klein

10. Once bitten... by Sterben Klein

11. Twice shy, by Sterben Klein

12. Who to trust... by Sterben Klein

13. Curing the disease... by Sterben Klein

14. Deeper than the surface, by Sterben Klein

15. Drowning in pleasure... by Sterben Klein

16. Lover's, Quarrel by Sterben Klein

17. A minute of peace, by Sterben Klein

18. Shaking hands, by Sterben Klein

19. Cheers! by Sterben Klein

20. Another round! by Sterben Klein

21. The Morning After... by Sterben Klein

22. A Date With Destiny. by Sterben Klein

23. Something Lost - Part 1 by Franchise Writer

24. Something Lost - Part 2 by Sterben Klein

25. Something Lost - Part 3 by Franchise Writer

26. Something Lost - Part 4 by Sterben Klein

27. Paving a way for their future, by Sterben Klein

28. The Hardest Goodbyes, by Sterben Klein

29. Face, Faith, and Feathers! by Sterben Klein

30. The Cycle Continues... by Sterben Klein

31. Alone in the Dark? by Sterben Klein

32. Grief, And Sorrow by Sterben Klein

33. The Good News by Sterben Klein

34. Mine is yours. by Sterben Klein

35. The Bad News... by Sterben Klein

36. A Flower Among Weeds... by Sterben Klein

37. Round Two... by Sterben Klein

38. Incentive. by Sterben Klein

39. Communication. by Sterben Klein

40. Black and White. by Sterben Klein

41. Sacrifices. by Sterben Klein

42. Dressing the wound... by Franchise Writer

Doctor, doctor... by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

So... whats up everyone :)

 

I'm guessing you probably didn't think you'd see another story from me considering my first one isn't finished yet.

Well, i had planned on holding this back as a teaser when Precious little Demons came to a close, but i figured the theme of it really fit with Halloween so i uploaded it anyways~

 

Just note, this will not be updated until my first story is finished, so i hope you like it and enjoy where this will be headed once it's brought back.

 

Something also to note is this story will be entirely my own! Well, kind of... F.W. sent this request my way because of the nature of it, and after talking with Urameshi he gave me his blessing to attempt it ^,^

I'm flying solo on this one >:)

The plot will be mine, the characters as well... what they do, well... you'll see :)

 

Enjoy!

"Abby, bring me a pan!" Tumbling backward, a teenage brunette yipped in surprise as she fell from the small cubby room she had been cleaning. Lifting her head up groggily, she blinked a few times before her attention focused back to what had distracted her and caused her to fall In the first place.

Scampering to her feet, the rugged girl, ran down the small wooden staircase leading down to an open room with many, many shelves lined with varies oddities in assorted jars and cans. Standing over a table set directly in the middle of the room stood an old burly man with darkened gray hair as he tore the shirt off of another lankier fellow currently bleeding out in front of them. Standing up in an imposing presence, the man rolled up the cuffs of his brown coat as he checked the man's pulse.

Shifting his attention away from the wounded man, he glanced to the brunette before scowling. "Pan, now!" Jumping, the girl known as Abby nodded quickly as she ran out of the room and into the hallway beside it. Opening the closet alongside the wall, her eyes scanned the small room before they lit up. Jumping up on her tippy toes, she soon knocked off the pan and a few other things from the top of the small room before kicking away the discarded wears.

Picking up a large brass dish, she slammed the door before running back into the makeshift operating room. Hearing her footsteps, the older man glanced to Abby before yanking the pan away. "Get me gauze and the Echinacea salve!" He barked, causing the younger girl to nod quickly.

Moving under the table, Abby lifted multiple bottles up as she looked for the right one. ‘Echinacea, lilac pigment and green edges.' After a minute she soon popped back up with what the man had asked for before looking over his injured patient carefully.

 ‘Sweat dripping down his brow and light seizure like twitches, poison.' Glancing to the wound the man had been given, the brunette soon froze as her breath grew horse. Noticing his assistance freezing up, the older man sighed.

"What is it this time?" Shivering with fear, Abby looked over the wound as she began to hyperventilate. "P-P-Poisoning from the base of the cut g-going directly into his veins and causing his body to boil from the inside out… N-N-Naga poison…"

Nodding, the man soon grabbed a pair of metal tweezers before digging into the large gash in his shoulder. After a minute he fished something out before dropping it on the pan in front of her. "Aye, and can you tell me what type it was?" He asked as he already began applying the salve she had given him.

Staring down at the claw… no, fang… Abby gulped silently as she observed the texture and coloring. ‘I-Ivory pigment… grains flowing diagonally instead of smoothly… C-Chipped in corners and in the tip…' "S-Sir is… is it a Coral Naga…?" As his hands worked exceptionally fast, already having finished layering the wound with medicine, he soon began stitching it back up.

"Correct." Smiling timidly, Abby nodded before he shot her a look, causing her grin to falter. "But to which type of Naga did this wound originate, not species." Gulping again, Abby looked down in wonder before frowning. She knew this! After a few moments, she soon grit her teeth.

"I-I-I'm, I'm not sure, sir…" Sighing, he nodded before picking up the chipped fang delicately, already aware of the toxicity it still possessed even in its unattached state. "It's a fresh water Coral Naga of middle age. The base is rougher than the tip which is why it chipped and came out inside of this man when it bit him." He told her sternly before scowling as he saw her just staring up at him awestruck by his knowledge.

"Well? What are you gawking at, write it down!" He snapped causing Abby to eep. Running back up the stairs she had come from previously, the younger girl soon crawled in her room before grabbing her notebook from her small four foot by five dwelling, immediately scribing in what she had learned.

After a moment she soon had the new information she had been given down before snapping her book closed. Staring down at her journal, Abby smiled sadly. "Enough is never enough..." She wanted to eventually surpass her master… at least, that was her goal anyways. Sighing, she slipped her book back under her bed before looking out of the porthole in front of her.

As she scanned the morning eyes, no birds in the air, just the cold chill of the morning, she couldn't help but frown. This was the village of Darrowford, population 420. It like many others was one of the many small towns that made up the surrounding area currently occupying the northern continent of Ireland. Staring out at the misty morning sun, shining through the thick fog of the day, the brunette smiled.

She had been living here her whole life and every morning her day started out something like this. Wake up, begin cleaning the abode, get called to operate, and usually go back to cleaning. But life wasn't as bad as that sounded. After an accident involving her parent's death, the young girl wondered for weeks looking for a place to go. Soon she came to this town though and the local doctor and her mentor took her in.

Life wasn't great here, nor extravagant, but she was thankful for it, thankful for him. Shivering involuntarily, Abby lifted her hands up as she saw them shaking. Clenching her fists, the teenage girl growled. ‘E-E-Every time…' While the village itself wasn't bad… it was the things that lurked around it… surrounding it… and neighboring it, that made her heart weep in terror. And no matter what the circumstance… no matter how significant it was… she always froze up.

"D-Damn you, you monsters…" She whispered angrily before clenching her eyes tightly. Of Ireland's populations, monsters of many different shapes and sizes made up 1/3 of its species… and they all preyed on one thing, humans. It was never written what came first, monsters or men, but… they didn't exactly see eye to eye.

Sitting down on her bed in sadness, Abby looked down in regret. She hated them… despised them. F-Feared them… they haunted her day and night, but no matter how many times she dealt with them, they always horrified her and came back. She had hoped after her childhood horrors, that she could put it all behind her… but, that was just a false ruse she had lied to herself about. No, monsters would remain until the end of time… and with it, all the victims they left in their wake… just like that man this morning.

"Naga, tier 3 classification, poisonous and fast, avoid unless in grouped in parties of four or more." She quoted silently to herself. She had made it a hobby to memorize all information she could about them. Just in case she ever came face to face with one of those demons. Staring down at that Naga fang this morning, though… she had frozen up again. It happened every time. It wasn't always Naga, it was any species of Monster. Ghoul, sprite, goblin, vampire. No matter what came through that door, whoever had some type of injury involving them… it made her want to run away and scream… and she hated herself for it.

Reaching back under her bed, the brunette lifted up her journal before flipping its pages over. As her eyes scanned the many different cases of monster attacks and injuries she had been witness to, she frowned regretfully. No matter how long ago it was, her burdens were like chains dragging along behind her wherever she went…

When she was taken in as a little girl… she always thought her fear of them would lesson, especially considering what she did now… but if anything it only grew. She got firsthand experience with what terrible things these creatures were capable of… and it made her cry, every, single, night…

Flopping onto her bed, Abby closed her eyes before nuzzling her worn out sheets. "D-Damn it… damn them all…" She wanted to get stronger… but, with how her life was going now, maybe that just wasn't in her future… Maybe she was stuck fearing them for the rest of her life… who knows. Sighing once again, her eyes soon began to shut before a familiar voice brought her out of her pitiful thoughts.

"Abby, get back down here, this man's not going to clean himself up!" Shooting up from her bed, the brunette's eyes widened as she realized she still had tasks to complete. How could she have forgotten that! Cursing her ignorance, the teenager swiftly traveled down the stairs as she went to aid her mentor.

 

They had a man to save after all!

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Running swiftly through the tall grass surrounding her, a blonde woman stared over her shoulder as she was pursued relentlessly by a large group of men brandishing a rather large assortment of weaponry. Scowling at her pursuer's stamina, she trekked forward at a much quicker pace. Zig-zagging through the brush, her hand soon moved down to the earth as her fingers latched onto the loose grains of sand below her.

As the earth fell between her fingers and back into the ground, it soon began to rumble before a large pillar of earth suddenly shot out behind her creating a makeshift barrier blocking out her view from the group of hunters chasing her. Grinning cheekily, her relief was short lived and soon darkened further as she saw a man already beginning to scale the wall. Growling, she took off again with gusto.

This had been going on for two full days and two full nights. Constantly running, her will was weakening by the hour, and she was nearing her limit. As she jumped through the open grass into a clearing, her full form would have been revealed to everyone around, if any else were even there.

No, it was just her… and them. Coming to a halt as her slanted eyes scanned the area, she cursed her luck, an open field. She was a sitting duck. She had stuck to the forestry for cover for the past two days but now… No more trees to jump through, no more tall grass to hide. She had but one choice at this point, even if she hadn't wanted it to resort to this.

Turning around slowly, her whole body stiffened up as she stared at the large group of men that had finally caught up with her considering her little magic trick she had pulled back there. As her head rose to meet their eyes, a large pair of yellow ears unfolded from her head… along with nine, long, golden, bushy tails.

As the various men observed her attire, many of them ogled her, while others tried to look away from the demon in front of them. Standing in a bright golden kimono that ended right below her thighs, a pair of knee high white socks took place where the attire left off. Resting around her midriff holding the garment closed was a red sash with a woven band around that, keeping it in place. Finally, at the base of her feet, she wore a small pair of wooden sandals opened in the front for her pleasure.  All and all, she looked very foreign in appearance, and most certainly not from this continent, but if anything that made the men in front of her even more hostile in form. It wasn't her fault for dressing like this… clothes were hard to come by considering who she was… but even so, she felt this would suffice. When it came to a fight… the less restriction she wore, the better.

Glaring at them hatefully, her golden tails soon rose in the air as she raising her hands, and with her silent threat they charged. As various men soon came upon her, different weapons raised in the air, her lips curved into a smile. Waiting until the correct moment for her counter, she suddenly hit the floor.

Falling to her ankles as she kneeled, her many furry appendages shot out, tripping or slamming others away as she gracefully leaped around the field. They held strength in numbers, but just who did they think they were, taking on a full Kitsune like her. They had made a grave mistake.  As her ears twitched, her hand rose up suddenly as she grabbed an arrow mid-flight that had been aimed at her from behind.

Smirking as she saw the startled looks her simple action held, she followed up swiftly by flicking the object away, the pressure around it soon snapped in the air causing many of the others men near its area to fly away from the sheer pressure she used. After seeing the massive display of force, a few of the men had backed up, but not all of them.

Jumping away as a sword landed near one of her tails, her hand rose up as she flicked the air sending him flying away. Smirking cheekily, she soon grit her teeth, however. Falling to her knee's, her hand moved to her chest as she felt the burning drain her little boast had shown she cursed her luck. ‘Damn it, not now…' she was close to her limit. That wall she had made had almost left her completely dry of power. Any more frivolous uses might cause her to become immobile… and if that happened, then it was all over.

No, she had to do this the old fashioned way. Rising, her eyes soon darkened as she saw the multitude of people charging her, but she was ok with this. She'd meet them head on…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Sweeping the large resting area where they had operated, Abby hummed silently as she cleaned up for the evening like she did most nights. The man who had come through their doors earlier that day had made a recovery, not a full one by any stretch of the imagination, but he would recover none the less. Rest was all he needed for now… that and plenty of fluids.

Pausing, the brunette set the broom down before pulling out a small piece of graphite and some paper from her pocket. Scribbling a few notes for herself, she nodded before putting them away and getting back to work.

She had often found herself thinking of intuitive ways to help people when she one day became a doctor like her mentor, so for the past few year she had always kept something on hand to write her thoughts down… it was actually more of a pain than she had first realized, but she had some great ideas she would have forgotten a long time ago if she hadn't done it… well, at least she thought they were good. She wanted to be like her master, but at the same time different in that regard. She dreamed of making a name for herself like he had.

Any injuries received within a fifty-mile radius of this village, people traveled to her mentor for aid, well aware of his skill. She hoped to have credibility like that one day as well… Scowling, Abby quickly finished sweeping before moving the broom back to the hallway closet. Right as she set it back where it belonged, a loud thumping was heard by the staircase attracting her focus away from her night's next task.

Poking her head out, she grimaced as she realized what was going on. She didn't realize time had passed this quickly. "I-Is it that time again…?" Stomping down the stairs, the burly elderly gentleman she had come to know as a father figure nodded as he hauled a chest over his shoulder.

"It's been three months and the supplies are low. You know full well I have to go out of the village to restock. Anything locally won't be doing much for some of these plagues these people bring me." He muttered, the task itself just as annoying to talk about as to do. Nodding sadly, Abby's expression lightened as she looked at the man expectantly.

"Y-Y-You know… I can always-", "No." He muttered, cutting her off before she even got a chance to offer. "B-B-But, t-the village needs a doctor! What… what if something happens while you're gone…?" She whispered with worry.

Sighing, the man set down the chest before crossing his arms. "Do you think I train you from the goodness of my heart lass?" Looking away timidly, Abby said nothing, knowing he was going to probably cut her off again anyways.

"I'm training ya, so one day you can help the village out yourself. You think I'm always going to be around?" He scoffed before turning away. "It's just as much your job to look after the people of this village as it is mine. I have faith you can kiss their cuts and boo-boo's while I'm gone."

Shivering, Abby nodded somewhat reluctantly. He believed in her… even if she didn't believe in herself. She had never tended to someone before without the old man standing behind her every step of the way like a safety net in case she messed up…

But he had a point. What happened when he was gone? Would she have enough skill to take over where he left off? W-Would the village accept her help?! She was nowhere near as talented as he was… she was just… "Abby…"

Freezing as she felt a firm hand on her shoulder, the brunette looked up sadly as the elderly man frowned at her. "It will be fine. You've been taking notes, I assume…" he muttered darkly before continuing as he saw the younger girl nod vehemently.

"All the knowledge I've given you will be more than enough for the next week. So just relax and keep up on your duties. I'm counting on ya." He told her sternly, earning a small nod in return. He always had the utmost faith in her… too bad she couldn't be as unwavering as he was.

Nodding, he lifted the chest back onto his shoulder with strength younger men usually wouldn't be able to possess before making his way to the entrance of the small infirmary they called home. Looking out at the falling sun, he sighed before nodding.

"I expect the shop to be in the same shape as when I leave it, ya here?" He said sternly causing the younger girl to nod quickly. "Y-Yes sir!" Smirking, he exited the workspace before moving away as he traveled down the street. It was a long journey to the next few towns, and the case he held would only get heavier with each day…

Stepping in front of the door, Abby watched her teacher leave in silence before lowering her gaze sadly. The next week would be a rough one. Hopefully, nothing serious would happen while she was here alone. Who knows, maybe nobody would get hurt…?

As optimistic as that was, she knew better. Nothing ever changed. And by morning a hunter would probably be knocking on her door, looking to get bandaged up from a scuffle. The only differences were what they chose to pick a fight with…

 

And with any luck, maybe it was nothing serious…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

Breathing ruggedly, the blonde woman with nine flowing tails watched as her last adversary soon slumped to the ground in an unconscious state. Lowering her hands slowly, she panted in exhaustion as her tails fell down to the ground.

 

It had been a full day. A whole, day, of nonstop fighting… But she won. Crawling up to her feet, she smiled in exhaustion before moving her leg forward. Walking slowly as her fatigue soon got the best of her once again, the woman trekked in silence as she made her way back to where she needed to be… her weariness leaving her unaware of the small dripping red trail she was leaving with her every step…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Whistling happily as she polished the various bottles that lined the shelves of the local clinic, Abby smiled as she looked at her reflection shining back at her. Setting the small pill bottle down, she soon moved onto the next with just as much enthusiasm.

She had opened the doors to the office in the early morning, and not one person had come in today. No lacerations, no severed limbs, no blood infections. Nope, she was in the clear. Watching as the sun was beginning to set, Abby's grin broadened.

Moving over to the front door, she giddily turned the sign around signaling the clinic to be closed for the night before skipping back over to the front desk. A full day and not a single patient, maybe this week wouldn't be so bad after all. Wiping off the last of the grime that had somehow made its way to shelved bottles, the brunette quickly began stacking them back where they belonged before the front door of the clinic slammed open, causing her to nearly drop all the glass vials she had been carrying.

Setting them down slowly, her back soon turned as she stared at who had barged into the now closed office. What she saw, however, was not who she was expecting. A bleeding man, a spasming hunter… not, this. "H-HELP! I, I-I need help please!" A shrill voice called out causing the brunettes brow to furrow.

Standing in front of her, was a little girl. However what made her confused wasn't so much her age, but more what she was wearing. She had on what looked like some type of mini-dress that ended by her thighs. On her hands and feet were a matching pair of gloves and booties with some type of stone in the pairs of them along with a dusky midnight purple coat matching the same coloring as the rest of her outfit.

Her dirty blonde locks peaked out right beneath her hoodie as her eyes beaded almost pleading for aid. Blinking a few times, Abby suddenly jumped as she realized what had been said. Quickly making her way past the counter, the brunette moved in front of the girl before looking her over for injuries.

"W-What's wrong?! Is it a fever?" She asked with worry as she felt the little girl's forehead with concern. Pulling away skittishly, the younger girl shook her head quickly. "N-N-No its Najia, she's hurt and needs help, please!" The girl screeched as she suddenly began tugging on Abby, tears streaming down her cheeks.

Furrowing her brow, Abby pulled away unsure of who this little girl was talking about. "N-Najia? I-is that your mom… or, dad?" She paused unsure of if that was even a real name or not. Stomping her booted foot, (rather cutely in her opinion) the little girl shook her head.

"No but she needs help, there's no time we have to go, please!" She begged loudly. Resting her hands on the girl's shoulders as calming as she could, Abby took a deep breath before speaking. "Ok look, you need to calm down. I can't help you unless you… you…" The brunette's voice soon left her as she saw something; something she had never thought she'd see.

As the little girl grew more and more frantic, her eyes slowly began to shimmer. Looking into them deeply, Abby's soon froze deathly still as a shiver ran down her spine. Looking into the girl's amber eyes, they soon began to glow before they blazed a bright magenta like hue. ‘P-P-Pigment discoloration… b-bright light of purple… frantic gestures…'

Letting go of the girl almost as if she was toxic to the touch, Abby shuddered in fear as she fell backward causing the girl to look at her confused. "N-N-No way… w-w-witch… WITCH!" Abby screeched in terror as the little girl's purple eyes widened.

Gasping, the girl turned around before looking into the glass. Paling as she saw her own eyes, she grit her teeth before moving to the door. Pausing, she shook angrily before looking back at Abby pleadingly. "P-P-Please… I-I don't have anywhere else to go… I need your help!"

Shivering as she crawled backward, Abby continued to scream as she pointed to the little girl in sheer terror. "WITCH, S-S-SOMEONE, HELP, WITCH!" Hearing a commotion outside the building now, the little girl gulped in fear before looking back at Abby.

Fidgeting back and forth, the younger girl raised her hands in the air finally before pointing them at the brunette. "Modorimasu!" She shrieked as her midnight cloak fluttered behind her. Feeling a powerful gust of wind envelop her, Abby's eyes suddenly fell as her body hit the floor, unconsciousness soon following her as she passed out.

Running behind the counter Abby had ben prior, the little girl reached behind her as she pulled out a small stitched together bag. Cramming in as many of the jars and vials she could along with a few other odds and ends just to be safe, she soon moved back to where she had been before looking down at what now remained of Abby.

Resting at just a few inches in size, laid the girl who had shunned her upon immediately finding out what she was. Whimpering in sadness, the little witch turned to leave before hearing a loud banging on the front door.

Freezing up in fear, the dirty blonde looked around in a panic before staring back at Abby's lifeless form. Whining, she stomped her foot before running over to her and scooping the girl up, depositing her in her satchel in the process. Running away from the front entrance, the little witch looked around before her shimmering eyes locked onto an open window. Crawling up the shelf right under it, she scaled the wall before sticking her feet outside of it.

Landing with a thump on the dirty streets, the little girl soon began to run away, her eyes shut tightly in case anyone else might glimpse her little mistake, a mistake that might have just cost this woman her very life…

 

But… she'd have to worry about that later, she had someone she needed to help right now…

 

End Notes:

Well i hope you all liked a sneak peek at my upcome story. I'll try to be back soon with an update to PLD but for now, leave me a like and message me if you have something you really want to see happen.

 

Chances are it's probably already going to but, if its not, i'll try to fit it in! bye :P

Fatal Mistakes... by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

Hey hey hey~

 

Welcome back people, i know it's been a long time since you saw this story touched but, i made a promise. Now that Precious Little Demon's has finished... *cries*

It's time i start this one back up. I hope i have some people looking foward to it. I considered taking a break after my last chapter, but i honestly just couldn't. I really feel the urge to write more then i used to. :P

So, i hope you'll like what i have planned for you all. This story will be along similar themes as PLD, but the story of course will be vastly different. So, enjoy~

 

 

“What… were you thinking?!”

 

“I-I-I didn’t have a c-choice! She freaked out, a-and was screaming!”

 

“SO YOU USED MAGIC ON HER AND BROUGHT HER BACK HERE?!”

 

“I didn’t have a choice! She knew I was a witch! A-And… and I couldn’t just leave here like she was… People were coming!”

 

Whimpering as a loud ringing echoed in her eardrums, Abby clenched her eyes as she heard voices above her. They sounded like they were arguing… but for the life of her, she couldn’t figure out who they belonged to. They… they were girls voices, but they sounded young. Like… children, actually.

 

“You need to get rid of her before Ebon comes back!”

 

“I-I c-can’t just throw her outside like this!”

 

“THEN CHANGE HER BACK OR SOMETHING!”

 

Opening her eyes slowly, the brunette groaned loudly causing both girls to freeze in their tracks from their current disagreement. “S-Shit, do something, Kari!” “M-M-Me?! W-What do you want me to do, make her smaller! I don’t know any other spells to make people pass out!”

Leaning up slowly Abby blinked a few times before looking around. Where was she? It looked like she was somewhere dark, maybe a cave… or some kind of cavern? There were rocks on all sides signaling she was at least underground. It was a large one to by the looks of it too. But, the last thing she remembered was being back at the shop… but then, nothing...

Looking behind her where the voices had been prior, the teenager continued to piece the puzzle together before a voice broke her out of her thoughts. “M-Miss… Don’t scream… please?” There it was again. Turning to where she had heard the child's voice moments before, Abby looked upwards before freezing in place.

“W-We can explain everything… but whatever you do… don't scream.” The other voice said sternly causing Abby blink slowly as her brain tried to relay what her eyes were seeing. W-What was she seeing? Standing over her… were two little girls. But... they were colossal… they were giantesses.

The one on the right looked to be about six or seven years old. She was a deep maroon colored redhead with a gothic look to her. Dressed in a dark black dress with white frillings along with a matching bow on her head she would look like most little girls did from an upper class if not for the snarky scowl she was sporting. Shifting her gaze from the girl's verdant eyes, Abby looked to the other child still petrified before something suddenly clicked within her causing her to tremble.

The other child… was the dirty blonde who had spoken to her in the shop… before… before… shaking violently, Abby choked on her voice as she felt fear rise within her. ‘W-W-Witch… s-she’s a witch!’ It was the little girl from the shop! As if a switch had been flipped, Abby’s mouth immediately opened as screams rang out.

“Damn it, didn’t you hear what I said!” The redhead barked angrily before looking to her friend. “Get her out of here now!” Backing away as she continued to scream hysterically, Abby cried louder as she saw the witch looking directly at her.

“W-W-Witch… witch… y-y-you’re a witch!” Backing up in horror, the brunette felt her back pressed against something before turning around, her eyes dimming as she felt her fear rising by the second. Looking at the rugged item she was trapped against, a new wave of realization and horror suddenly struck her. She was pressed against… a book?

‘G-G-Giant c-children… M-M-Monsters… h-huge cave… g-giant b-b-book…?’ She… she was small. This wasn’t right. Somehow… somehow she was shrunk… What was going on! Where was she?! However, she didn’t get very long to dwell on these traumatizing events as a pair of giant fingers suddenly wrapped around her causing a new wave of screams to ring out.

“S-S-STOP! L-LET ME GO! H-HELP HELP!” Shrieking louder as she saw the witch pick her up, Abby clenched her eyes shut as she sputtered out her pleas. This couldn’t be real, it just couldn’t be. What was this… a nightmare? No… she felt herself being held. Her body was restricted. She could feel the child’s pudgy fingers entrapping her.

“You see what you did! Now we have to deal with this Kari!” The redhead snapped angrily before pointing somewhere else. “Go on, take her out already! I don’t care what you do now, but you have to get rid of her before-“

Hearing a deep echo of grinding stones suddenly resonating throughout the cave, the redhead paled before looking back at her friend panicked. “KARI RUN! HIDE HER NOW!” Panicking just as much as the other girl was, the little witch looked around in fear before shoving her hand downward… taking Abby with it.

Stuffing the miniature girl into her midnight cloaks pocket, the little witch looked up at her friend before she palmed her face. "NOT ON YOU, YOU TWIT! SHE CAN STILL SMELL HER! Get her out of the cave now!” jumping, Kari nodded before running around the large table they had been standing over moments prior… however…

As she ran in a hurry, something suddenly came from the entrance of the small cavern she was in before the witch collided with it. Falling to the ground painfully, Kari let out a cry of surprise before she paled. “Kari… what are you doing in here? I thought you were attending to Najia…”

Gulping, the little witch bit her trembling lips as she saw the one person she had been trying to avoid standing over her. Resting her hand on her lithe hips was another girl. She looked to be a bit younger than the redhead but her demeanor demanded authority.

Dressed in no clothes whatsoever, the only modesty she wore was that of her skin… or more, her scales. All along her feet and up to her thighs along with her arms up to her elbows were rows of pitch black scales giving her the appearance of one wearing long, leather black gloves and boots.  Stretching across her midsection concealing her nonexistent breasts were another thick layer of scales that covered just her chest before circling around to her back. Coming out of said back, however, would have been the first indicator of something off if the scales hadn’t given it away already. Stretching high above her shoulders were two matching pairs of murky black wings, two sharp talons extending over each of them. And finally, coming to her face no scales touched her pale skin, but the twin pairs of cylinder horns on either side of her head were enough to cause others to look twice.

She most certainly wasn’t human… But, the little witch already knew that. She was a Dragon. Gazing down darkly as her pupil-less scarlet eyes watched Kari as she quivered, the dragon girl scowled further. “What’s in your pocket?”

Eeping, Kari began backing up right as the redhead made her way over to the pair. “H-H-HEY, EBON! W-What’s… what’s up…?” Glaring at them both, the dragon girl looked downward before her nose twitched. Narrowing her eyes, her hand moved upward. “Show me what it is…”

Raising her hands defensively, the redhead was about to talk the noirette down before the girl was gone. Stepping past her and resting inches in front of the witch with inhuman speeds, her hand shot into the blondes pocket before she could even scream.

Ripping her clawed hand back, the dragoness known to be Ebon, looked at what was now in her possession before her eyes widened. “A… A human…” Gulping, both girls began backing away now as they saw the dragon girl trembling.

Having been freed now, Abby took one look at the new child before her screaming intensified. Eying the new appearance up and down, the brunette began to snivel. She didn’t even need to size her up to know she was a dragon. ‘D-D-Dragon… I-It’s a tier 1 M-M-Monster…’ "M-Monster's... y-you're all, MONSTERS!"

It didn’t matter what age it looked like. It was a freaking dragon! They were among the most fearsome of all Monsters! Crying out in pain as the leathery hand around her began to squeeze, Abby began to cough and sputter as she felt herself being choked. “You… brought a human here!” She screamed before glaring hatefully at the two panicked girls.

“H-H-HEY, I-ITS NOT WHAT YOU THINK! C-Calm down Ebon, you don’t understand!” The redhead tried to defend them both but it didn’t look like the enraged girl would have any of it. Clenching her jagged teeth, the dragon lifted her head upwards before roaring angrily, her deep voice carrying itself through the rest of the cavern causing both girls to tremble.

“HOW DARE YOU BRING IT HERE! THIS FILTH!” She screeched before tightening her grip on Abby as she began to squeeze the life out of the suffocating girl. “S-S-STOP IT! S-S-She didn’t do anything!” Glaring hatefully at Kari, the dragon girl stomped over towards her before turning around.

Without a second thought, the little witch cried out in pain as she was shoved backward by the large appendage attached to the base of Ebon's back.  Flicking her tail angrily, the dragoness looked down at Abby before scoffing. “She’s human… that’s enough of a reason to punish her. Or have you forgotten what happened to Najia!”

Cringing, Kari began to cry slowly before shaking her head. “Humans tried to take care of Najia, and now I have to take care of all of you! Do not defy me. You brought this upon yourself by bringing it here.” She whispered venomously.  Glaring down at Abby, the dragon’s eyes narrowed as she flicked her tongue out at her. “What a waste of food…” Releasing her death grip on the girl, the brunette breathed in the air as she coughed painfully. She almost suffocated…

Picking her friend up from the ground angrily, the redhead glared at the dragon girl but she chose not to openly speak up. It wasn’t worth the fight. “W-W-What are you going to do to her?” Clenching her hand tighter, the Dragon shot them both a silent glare before she started to walk away.

“Food is food… I didn’t catch anything today... so she’ll feed Nya at least.” Lowering her eyes sadly, the redhead bit her tongue and continued to help Kari stand up. She didn’t like it… but Ebon was right. Now that a human had seen them, or at least knew what Kari and she were… then they could no longer let her live.

 

She’d just tell others where they were…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

Choking on her own voice, Abby croaked silently as she felt her breath pinched from her lungs. It wasn’t a dream… Monsters had finally come for her, just like they had for her family all those years ago. Sobbing in the giantess’s grip, the little brunette wanted to plead… wanted to say anything… but she was just too scared.

Storming down the winding pathways that made up the intricate tunnel system of their cavern, the dragoness moved downward before coming into a new cavern, one with many jagged ledges and crawl spaces. Moving towards the center of the cave, Ebon raised her hand up high before smirking. Releasing her grip on Abby she watched with cruel satisfaction as she fell to the hard earth below before screaming.

Crying out painfully from the three-story fall she had taken, Abby sniffled as she cradled her arm. She felt something pop… hopefully, nothing was broken… Looking up in dismay, the shrunken girl stared into the glowing pair of crimson eyes as the darkness all around them seemingly engulfed her form.

It would have been a fully blackened cavern had their not been some type of lighting all along the ceiling giving the room a faint glow. In literally any other situation, this probably would have been a beautiful site, one she would have loved to study… but…

Crying harder as the Dragon kneeled over her, Abby clenched her eyes shut as she hid her face. Was… was this it? Gazing down remorselessly at Abby, the dragon girl quietly scoffed before standing back up. “Nya, food time!” Turning to leave, Ebon gave the human one last glance before smirking cruelly.

“Enjoy your dinner…” Stepping out of the cavern and eventually out of site till finally, her footsteps abandoned her as well; Abby lay silent as she sobbed in pain. Sniffling, the brunette leaned up slowly before crying out in anguish. Looking down at her right arm, the grim realization hit her. Her elbow was dislocated like she thought…

Crawling on the ground till she finally sat upright, the battered girl began checking herself over slowly for any other injuries. But, miraculously enough, she was alright. ‘N-Nothings broken…?’ It was a miracle… well, sort of. Looking around the massive cave, the miniature girl whimpered now.

She was shrunken… and abandoned in an unknown cave… with Monsters roaming around her. A miracle was a bit of an overstatement. She… she was going to die here. Cupping her face, the brunette began to cry again as fresh tears found their way to her face. Why was this happening to her… why her?

She still didn’t know how any of this even happened! Wiping her eyes dry, she began looking around silently before her eyes lingered on the pathway the dragon had left. It looked to be the only way out. All around her was miniature holes within holes making a sort of den type appearance.

If anything it looked like they had been made more than shaped naturally by the earth, but... they didn't look like they lead anywhere. Using her left arm to push herself upwards, Abby grit her teeth before cradling her dislocated arm. She… she had to get away. By some miracle, she had lived… and was left alone. Maybe, maybe she could run away. She knew she was shrunken… b-b-but, someone probably knew how to fix this!

She heard the redhead say the witch did it do her! Maybe… maybe there was a cure? Nodding her head in determination, the battered girl began dragging her heels as she staggered out of the cave. She had to try and escape, at least while she had the chan-

 

“Nyaa?”

 

Freezing in her tracks, Abby began to sweat now as she heard a quiet whisper… from behind her… Gulping, the brunette slowly started to turn before feeling a new found fear by what was waiting to greet her vision. Standing over her… was a colossal creature, the darkness of the cave doing little to shed light on it.

As it stared down at Abby with slitted emerald eyes, a loud rumbling came from the creature’s throat as it looked longingly down at her. “Nyaaa!” Backing up slowly, Abby made it just a few steps before the creature began to mimic her, taking a few colossal steps forward.

 

Standing over her now, the creature purred loudly causing Abby to pale as she realized just what is was making those strange sounds…

 

She was as good as dead…

 

End Notes:

Well, that escalated quickly...

 

I look foward to write whats to come, it's sure to be a fun ride. :)

 

Also, there are images for all these girls as well. As i did with Precious little Demons, i scowered Gelbooru, which is the site i use usually when researching charaters looks and all the girls who will appear here have images i based them off on there.

I'm, trying to upload them somewhere so i can post them each but... i'm having trouble doing that so bare with me.

 

I'll see you all soon. ~

 

Bye people~

Dinner time... by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

Welcome back one and all, i really hope some of you were waiting to see an update for this story. I know since my last one just ended some of you might not have known i would get right back on the horse with this one... but i'm really hoping my reviews pick up...

 

;-;

 

I've always used reviews to judge how people feel towards my work, and i doubt thats going to stop with this story. If i can improve, i want to improve, so hopefully i'll see what others think with this installment.

 

I did however get around to finding a way to post the pictures i used to base all my characters off of for this story. I'll probably get around to posting the characters i used for Precious Little Demon's on their later as well in case you were curious.

Something i do want to point out though, is that these characters first, are not mine. I do not own them. I have the artistic talent of a first grader who just discovered that the pointy end of a pencil is what you use to draw with.

Seriously... i'm bad.

T-That being said, and out of the way... These are just the base, models of what my characters look like. I took all their appearences into mind before writing, but some of them might be subject to change.

A perfect example of this would be Kai from PLD. The image i used of her originally she was caucasian, not Hawaiian. I say this now as to not draw confusion later. These characters are subject to change. :l

 

http://sterbenk.imgur.com/

 

But, now with all that out of the way...

 

Please enjoy, we're finnaly getting to some od the content i know you've all been waiting for~

...

 

 

Fear, primal, unadulterated fear, this was what she felt flowing through her very being causing her body to become immobile, paralyzed where she stood. Gazing upwards in terror, Abby's jaw trembled as she screamed at her body to run. Nothing could have ever prepared her for a situation like this. All those days spent working with victims of Monster attacks and nothing scared her as much as this situation she currently found herself in now.

Looking down at the shrunken girl, the creature continued to purr as a large appendage swung back and forth freely behind it. Even with her eyes slowly becoming more adapted to the low lighting of the fluorescent cave, it was already clear just what it was she was staring at.

It was about as tall as the witch had been, though it might be a little bit shorter perhaps considering it was walking on all fours. Its clothes were loose, almost barely hanging really. They were a jaded shade of green with different pigments coming in and out of it making the clothes it wore seem more like pajamas than real articles. Its skin, while darker than the other girls she had seen was a rich tan, but to what extent she couldn't figure out, her eyes still having trouble differentiating smaller details in the darkness of the cave.

But, looks aside there were three key details she made out, and that was enough to make her shiver with fear. She was feminine, also a child in appearance. Atop her head, past her unruly brown locks, were two pairs of ears sticking out with the similarity of cats. And lastly, she had a long, slender, furry tail which continued to flick back and forth rapidly as her slitted eyes stared her down.

She was a Neko, a cat girl. A Demon… Trembling in fear, Abby tried to move again but her body just wouldn't stop shaking! Neko's were lesser cat demons, tier 4 monsters… but, with her current stature, she might as well have been looking the Devil in its eyes herself.

‘N-N-Nekojin… f-feral cat demons with a tenacity to hunt…' They rarely attacked humans, usually preferring creatures much smaller than themselves like rodents or birds… but… she was about the right size. And the Monster looked hungry…

Gulping, the fear she had been fighting finally lost as her survival instincts kicked in. Gritting her teeth, Abby began backing up again, moving as slow as she possibly could. These creatures loved to chase their prey. If she didn't give her one… maybe, she would get bored with her and not pursue her…

Turning her head curiously, the cat girl made a humming noise before she smiled. "Nya! Nyaaa, nya!" Furrowing her brow, Abby tried to ignore the weird noises the girl was making before feeling her world turned upside down… literally.

Jumping onto Abby, the brunette screamed as she was tossed backward's onto the rocky ground. Gritting her teeth in pain, a loud thumping noise on both sides of her body caused the shrunken girl to quiver and cry. Gazing upwards, she began to sob as she saw the Neko's face resting just inches above her, her emerald eyes boring into her.

"NYAAA!" Sniffling, Abby shook her head. She didn't know what the girl was saying… but she knew she was playing with her…. playing with her food. Lowering her head down, the little cat girl purred loudly as she began sniffing her over. "Nya…?"

As her mouth began to open up, the battered and beaten girl could do little more than snivel. Gazing upwards at the impending maw hanging over her, Abby closed her eyes. This was it… this was how she was going to die. It would be too a Monster. But, she never expected it to be a Neko. It was both humiliating and saddening…

Even now she could feel the girl's humid breath washing over her face. It felt hot, like a muggy day out in the fields. It… it was unpleasant for multiple reasons. Trembling as something wet dripped onto her cheek, Abby continued to clench her eyes shut. She already knew what it was.

Feeling what followed afterward, however, Abby's eyes soon shot open as she gasped in surprise. Stiffening as the Cat girls moist tongue slithered over the right side of her face, she began to cry harder. She was tasting her…

She really was going to be eaten… possibly alive. Crying loudly as imagines passed through her mind, all unpleasant, as she visualized herself trapped in the girl's stomach, Abby just shook her head. "P-P-Please… d-d-don't eat me… p-please… I-I'm sorry… I don't know what I did t-to deserve this… b-b-but I'm so, s-s-sorry…" She stuttered out horribly as she begged for her life. But… it wouldn't matter.

A feral was a feral… they were monsters who were subhuman. She probably didn't even know what she was saying to her even now. Purring quietly, the cat girl continued to look down at Abby as her ears twitched. "Nyaa…?" Sniffling, the brunette shook her head again.

"I-I don't know what you want… b-b-but, please… don't eat me…" Leaning her head down again, the Neko opened her mouth before taking another long, deliberate lick down the shrunken girl's body, making her shudder in revulsion. Continuing this for a good five minutes, Abby finally lay defeated.

It was hopeless… at this point, the child was just savoring her. Clenching her teeth as her body was nudged by the giantess's nose, Abby screamed angrily causing the Neko to jump back in surprise. "IF YOU'RE JUST GOING TO EAT ME THEN DO IT ALREADY!" She shrieked before lying back in tears.

She didn't want to die… but she didn't want to be played with either… She just wanted this to end. Fidgeting, the cat girl circled Abby slowly before looking down at her once again. "Nya!" Shaking her head, the brunette smiled bitterly before closing her eyes.

‘I don't know what you want…' Maybe for her to play with her? Was it boring when your food didn't fight back? Shivering at that dark thought, Abby shook her head once more. She was in pain… and facing death, its childlike face hanging right above her. She wasn't going to give her the satisfaction of playing the prey, though.

"Nyaa, nya?" Clenching her fists, or at least as best she could with her dislocated arm, Abby glared up at the cat girl… but, something was different now. Looking up at the Neko's innocent face, the shrunken girl grew confused. There… there was something hanging in her mouth.

Lowering her face down, the young cat girl dropped something over Abby before pulling her head back. "Nyaaa!" Leaning up slowly, the brunette stared down at her chest as she saw a large blanket of cloth draping her body.

It was red... and, silky? It looked like a drape of some kind… no, the size wasn't in comparison to her. If she was her normal height… it would look more like… ‘A ribbon?' Looking up at the cat girl confused, a strange familiarity hit her as she touched it. Moving the fabric around in her hand, the older girl began feeling it over.

It was silk and a high-quality one at that. ‘Huh, I used to have a silk ribbon just like this before… before…' Lowering her gaze slowly, Abby's eyes widened before she looked at the cloth once more, her shock evident as it became apparent just why it felt so familiar.

It was hers! This was her ribbon! She used to wear it around her wrist back in town when she went out.  It was one of the things she had salvaged from her home after her parent's died. It… it used to belong to her mother…

As she continued to touch and feel the silky cloth, reality set back in now. Looking up at the cat girl sitting over her, Abby furrowed her brow. How did she get it? ‘I… I lost this ribbon, months ago because… I was attacked...' Feeling her breath hitch as the memory came back to her instantaneously, the cat girl began to grin.

 

"NYAAA!"

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

~ Four months ago ~

 

Humming quietly as she walked down the lonely streets of Darrowford, Abby nodded as she double-checked her list. It was a Monday so she had to go out and pick up the groceries for her Master. Amongst her usual responsibilities, shopping was one of them.

"Let's see… bread, stale, check. Eggs, a dozen, check. Milk, fresh, check. Cheese…" Scowling, Abby sighed quietly before shaking her head. The cheese was a bit of a treat, and sadly no one in her village made it. She'd have to go back to her Master empty handed on that front. No new merchants had come through town this week.

Continuing to check off items on her list, the teenager soon walked past an alleyway she had passed a thousand times… but, something was different this time around. Hearing a quiet whine coming out from it, Abby paused her brisk walk before looking back down it.

"H-Hello?" Hearing no audible response, the brunette shrugged before continuing to walk, however… "nyaa…" Blinking, the teenager walked back over before looking down the alley. It looked vacant, but, she wasn't imagining it. Something was whining.

Fidgeting a bit, Abby looked left and right for someone, but, of course, no one was out yet. She went shopping in the early mornings to get the freshest items for her and her Master before others did. Sighing, the girl paced back and forth a bit before stomping her foot.

"I-Is someone hurt? I-I'm a… well, not a doctor, b-but I can help!" She stammered out before looking around. It was a one-way alley, a filthy one at that. But, it didn't look like anyone was there. Eeping as a box rattled towards the back of the cobblestone street, the brunette calmed herself down before clutching her basket.

Moving forward slowly, she began stepping closer to the noise she had heard earlier before looking over a large overturned box. It had mold growing on it… and it looked just plain filthy, but… Kneeling down slowly, Abby held her breath as she reached for one of the flaps hanging over it.

Pulling the box open, the brunette's eyes widened in surprise before her instincts kicked in. Inside, was a little girl? She looked to be about four or five years old with ragged and tangled dusty brown hair. Dirt and grime smeared her body, and she looked nearly unconscious and on the verge of passing out!

Dropping her basket, Abby leaned forward before jumping back in surprise as the child hissed at her. ‘W-What the heck?!' "H-Hey, r-relax, I'm here to help. I'm a doctor's assistant, a-are you in pain? Can you tell me your name?"

Raising her head slowly, the little girl looked into Abby's cobalt eyes as she studied her. "N-Nya!" She hissed again before crawling backward's slowly, a light whimper in her tone. Frowning, Abby moved her hands forward once again before flinching as the girl screamed at her.

"NYA! NYAAA!" What on earth was she saying? It sounded more like some type of weird sound than a word. But, that wasn't the only thing she heard. Narrowing her eyes as a loud gurgle reached her ears, Abby nodded. "Y-You're hungry… aren't you?"

Taking her silence as an answer in and of itself, the brunette nodded before reaching for her basket. Looking down at the things she had purchased, the teenager sighed. Her Master would probably be upset with her for doing this… but he taught her that all others came first in their line of work. Especially children…

Picking up the loaf of bread she had bought earlier, she tore a chunk off before reaching for the milk. Dabbing it in to soften the hard loaf, Abby moved her hand back in before waving it around. "H-Here, I'm not going to hurt you. Just take it alright. I can tell your hungry…"

Narrowing her emerald eyes, the little girl sniffed the air before looking longingly at the food the older girl was waving around her. Moving an inch forward, she paused before looking at Abby before doing it again. This continued for about thirty seconds before she was right in front of her now.

Watching as the little girl's jaw tremble as she silently neared her, Abby sighed. "I won't do anything to you. Please, just eat it." Looking back at her then back to the food, the little girl lowered her head before taking a bite of the moistened bread, her eyes watering as she started chewing it.

"N-Nya...?" Nodding her head, Abby smiled as she saw the little girl eating now. She didn't know why she hadn't just taken it but if she had to feed it to her like this she would, as long as she ate it. There was silence between them as she ate from her hands, but Abby didn't care. She was right about her being hungry from how ravenously she was swallowing it all. As she finished the last scraps of bread, she began licking the brunette's palm causing her to giggle. "S-Stop that, it tickles!"

Pulling her hand back, Abby smiled before watching the little girl as she started to crawl forward. "Nya!" Chuckling, Abby shook her head quietly as she saw the ecstatic look the child wore. "I still don't know what… you're... saying..." Feeling her words die off, Abby looked down at the girl as her head peeked out from beneath the box…

Staring down in silence, her breath hitched as she tried to breathe… but, she couldn't. Shivering with fear, the teenager rose to her feet slowly before backing up. "Nya, nyaa! Nyaaa!" The little girl chirped at her before turning her head confused.

‘H-H-Her head… w-what's on her head?' It… it looked like a pair of, cat ears… Crawling out of the box entirely, her whole form now being revealed to Abby, the brunette froze in terror. Dressed in rags, the little girl looked up at her as she sat on all fours, her tail swinging back and forth freely behind her as she smiled.

"Nya?" Feeling her whole body beginning to tremble, Abby quietly whimpered before backing up further. "M-Monster… y-y-you're a M-Monster?" Turning her head once more, the cat girl began crawling forward before Abby screamed. "S-STAY BACK, G-G-GET AWAY FROM ME!"

Jumping in surprise, the Neko reached out for Abby quickly before grabbing her wrist. "N-Nya, nyaa! Nya?" Shaking her arm away violently, Abby screamed as she wrenched her wrist out of the Neko's clutches before stumbling out of the alley, her basket forgotten as she tried to get away leaving the little cat girl alone… and very confused.

Looking down at her hand, the little brunette whimpered as she stared at some kind of red string she had pulled off the stranger's wrist. Sitting down on all fours, the cat girl held the ribbon in her mouth as she waited….

 

And waited…

 

 

..

 

.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

Looking down at her ribbon she lost all those months ago, Abby's eyes beaded as the implications became apparent. Peeking up slowly, her eyes scanned the Neko now with much finer clarity. Her skin, her hair… her clothes, were, different… but, she was the same cat girl she had found back in that alleyway, all those months ago...

"Y-You… it's really you…" Smiling happily, the Neko purred as she sat down over the shrunken girl. "Nyaa!" Gazing back down at her lost memento her mother had left her, Abby shook her head quietly. ‘I… I thought I lost it.' It was the only thing she had left of her. Had this Monster been holding onto it all this time? But… the better question to ask was, was she holding onto it for her?

Jumping in surprise as her back was nudged, Abby shivered with fear before turning around to see the child's face just inches from hers. "Do… D-Do you know me…?" "Nya!" Frowning, Abby shook her head. That was most likely a yes…

Purring louder as she saw the understanding cross over the brunette's features, the little cat girl moved her face forward before giving Abby another lick. Sputtering, the older girl backed up in surprise before scowling. "I… I know you can't understand what I'm saying… b-but thank you." She whispered quietly before pulling her ribbon close to her chest.

"This belonged to someone very important to me. And when I lost it, I-I was heartbroken." Abby whispered shrilly. "I, I brought along my Master to help me get it back a couple weeks later… but, you weren't… I mean… you…" She trailed off before looking up at the Cat girl's curious face.

"You were already gone…" Lowering her head silently, the little girl whimpered before mewing. As she observed the disheartened expression the Monster wore, a feeling of sadness passed over her. ‘She… she looks so… sad.' She had never heard of a Monster being sad before. They were just savages… weren't they?

Dropping her ribbon to the ground, Abby shivered in fear as she continued to watch the penitence in the child's eyes. She looked genuinely bothered by her words. Licking her lips as they began to dry, the smaller girl tried to speak… but she didn't know what to say! Gulping, she did the only thing she could think of before closing her eyes.

Blinking slowly, the little Neko looked down at Abby before whimpering louder. Petting the kitten's cheek, Abby continued to clench her eyes shut, in fear of what might happen if she opened them. "I-Its f-f-fine… t-thank you, f-for keeping my ribbon safe f-for me." She stuttered nervously before pulling her hand away.

Cracking open an eye, Abby jumped in surprise now before panicking as she saw the little girl's tear filled eyes. "H-H-HEY, D-DON'T CRY! I-I-I'M SORRY!" Crying out in fright as she was knocked onto her back, Abby screamed in fear as she saw the Neko's face coming closer to hers… before cringing as it became apparent what she was doing.

Trailing long licks over her form, the cat child continued to whimper as she began licking Abby happily. "N-Nya… nya… nyaaa…" Cupping her face so it wouldn't get wet, Abby cringed as she was pulled closer to the girl, the Neko's tongue never leaving her as she was licked repeatedly and abundantly.

At this point, she couldn't tell what was going on anymore. Why was she still tasting her!? Did she still plan on eating her? Nuzzling her cheek against Abby, the cat girl began to purr once again as she rubbed her face into her. All and all… this was still a much better outcome then ending up in her stomach… but still…

Moving her hand away from her eyes, the shrunken girl cringed again as she saw the child's maw moving towards her again. "C-Can y-you please not-" Eeping as her mouth was caught open that time, Abby coughed as she tasted the child's tongue in her mouth. This was humiliating!

Not to mention her dress was ruined now. It was ripped sure, but she could stitch it back together like she always did… but with this Monster drooling all over her, it would reek. The smell would probably never come out. Feeling her gut clench as she regarded the girl like she had earlier, Abby frowned silently. Why did it bother her to call the girl a Monster, it was what she was after all…

‘But… M-Monsters don't show compassion or sadness… their mindless beasts that cause havoc!' Moving her hand away from her face to get another look at the Neko, the brunette spasmed as the girl's tongue trailed over her face again. That one had been deliberate!

"P-P-Please stop already! I, I don't want you to eat me!" Looking up at the girl pleadingly, Abby began to stiffen as she saw a strange look passing over the child's face. "H-H-Hello?" Her slanted eyes looked indistinct. It was almost like she wasn't all there now… did something happen?

Gazing down at Abby in silence, the cat girl's tail slowly fell down as she continued to look at her… it was beginning to unnerve the older girl. No, she was doing something… Watching as the little girl's nose began to twitch, Abby grew worried. "D-Do I smell bad? S-Sorry… b-but that's your fault you know…" She mumbled quietly before shivering as she saw the cat girl moving her face closer to her.

"W-What do you want!" Sniffing the small girl closely, the little Neko moved her nose lower before she began poking and prodding at her legs. "H-H-Hey, q-q-quit it!" Blushing as her dress was shoved forward, Abby looked down in surprise than shock as she saw the sandy brunettes stick her nose between her legs.

"C-C-CUT IT OUT, WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" Ignoring the cries coming from the shrunken girl, the Neko continued to sniff before a guttural purr began to emit from deep within her throat. Crawling backward's slowly, Abby screeched in fright as she bumped into the cat girl's hand. She… she was trapping her!

What was she going to do to her? Shivering with uncertainty as she saw the child's imposing face looking between her legs, Abby tried to speak… but nothing but a quiet croak came out. She was petrified again. Was she planning to eat her after all?

Blinking slowly, the child took one more sniff before a smile broke out over her lips. "NYAAA!" Feeling her face light up like the morning sun, Abby screamed at the top of her lungs as she felt the familiar slimy tongue of the little cat girl as he took a long lick… between her spread legs.

Crying out in shock, Abby tried to force her dress down before watching in horror as the Neko bit down on her garment. "W-W-WHAT DO YOU WANT-" Not even getting to finish her statement, the shrunken teenager shrieked as her dress was forcibly torn from her, the brown fabric being shredded by the sharp fangs she had hidden from her.

Crawling and grabbing at her shredded clothes, Abby continued to cry as she tried to get any of her clothes back, but the Monster didn't let her. Tossing the brown rag away from her, the child's eyes turned back slowly before she licked her lips.

‘S-S-She's hungry… she's s-s-still going to e-eat me…' Crying harder, Abby cupped her mouth as despair flowed through her. She was going to die… She felt relief, and now she was going to die. The Neko had toyed with her after all… played with her emotions. She really was a Monster…

Screaming as the little girl's mouth shot back down, Abby expected to be skewered by her fangs… but, something else was torn away again. Blushing profusely as she felt the cat girls humid breath wash over her, the brunette looked up shrilly as she saw what remained her her bra and panties. Somehow she had taken both with one bite.

‘S-S-She d-doesn't want t-to eat me clothed…' Lying on her back, the prone girl covered her eyes as she braced herself. She wasn't ready. She wasn't ready to die… As girl's murky breath continued to bath her, her skin standing on edge from the hot air being blown onto her, Abby clenched her eyes.

"N-Nya…" Feeling the cat girl whimper quietly, Abby chose not to look. It was a trick. She wanted to trick her again. She'd open her eyes… and then she'd be eaten… She wouldn't do it- Feeling her eyes shoot open, Abby shrieked as she felt the feeling of the kitten's tongue on her body once again... b-but, this time it wasn't on her face.

Arching her back in shock, the shrunken girl gasped as she felt the Neko's tongue leave a long and deliberate lick down her exposed crotch. S-She had licked her privates. Shuddering on the ground, Abby continued to spasm before looked up at the cat girl terrified. She… she was smiling down at her.

"W-W-What… a-a-are…" Trying to speak, the brunette wheezed out a few words, but she was caught with too many feelings. Surprise, disgust, horror, shock, revulsion, embarrassment… she didn't know what to feel. She had never experienced something like this!

Purring, the little Neko leaned down again before mimicking her last action. Screaming as her crotch was licked again, Abby pushed on the child's face, but she didn't budge. "S-S-STOP, W-WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" Ignoring the screams she heard, the cat girl continued to lick as she moved her hands around Abby's legs to lock her in place.

Sobbing in place, Abby struggled vainly to get away but from the waist up she was trapped. This felt wrong… so very, very wrong. She was Monster! A-A girl! A child for heaven's sakes! This was sacrilege! B-B-But… w-why was her body acting the way it was!

Watching as her hips began moving on their own, Abby forced herself to stop. S-She was being raped! B-but it felt… good. Did things like this really feel good? She… she had never touched herself before. She knew enough about this kind of thing... but she had never actually done it. Was this what it felt like all the time? She didn't know how to describe this feeling she was being given.

Every time the Neko took a lick of her lower lips, she felt little prickles of static, like when you rolled around in wool to long and touched something conductive. She was being zapped all over inside her… her…

Crying uncontrollably, Abby cupped her mouth as she bit down on her hand. T-T-This was wrong. It was wrong! She shouldn't feel good! WHAT WAS THIS MONSTER DOING TO HER! Purring happily as she tasted the sweet flavors her species craved, the little cat girl mewed as she took a long sniff. The scent… it was delicious to her.

Driving her tongue into the miniature girl, she was rewarded almost instantly by the wails she heard in return. Wiggling her wet appendage back and forth, she continued to slurp all the juices she was being given, completely oblivious to the teenager's moral plight.

Biting her lip now, her teeth digging into her skin as blood dribbled past her lip, Abby Hid her face in shame. She could feel it. Something was building up inside her. No longer holding herself back… not that she could even if she wanted to, the brunette began bucking into the Neko's mouth as her oral assault intensified.

Letting out loud screams in intervals, Abby finally shrieked as she felt something coming out. Arching her back as she spasmed in the child's hands, the brunette wheezed before falling stiffly as a pleasure unlike anything she had ever experienced shrouded her in euphoria. Shuddering as she felt herself leaking something out, the exhausted girl was just that, exhausted. It felt like she was peeing… but, she didn't care.

She was humiliated… and raped… but she didn't care. ‘W-W-What… w-was that…' It felt… so, good. Smacking her lips together as her tongue licked up everything that had come out; the Neko mewed again before looking happily down at her.

"Nya… Nyaaa!" Raising her head slowly, Abby tried to speak, but her voice was turned off. The most she could get out was a light groan. Her whole body had shut down on her… but it seemed that didn't matter to the little cat girl. Widening her eyes, Abby began to whimper as she felt the static pleasuring beginning to return again…

 

It seemed like the Neko wanted seconds…

 

One way or another, she was going to be eaten. But at this point in time… the shrunken girl didn't know in what way would be worse.

 

 

To be continued…

 

End Notes:

Well, it seems like things are starting to heat up. But, i doubt Abby is ready for that to happen just yet. To bad though, Monster's don't care~

 

Please review and tell me what you think.

 

I look foward to seeing your thoughts and opinions on whats to come.

 

I'll see you soon~

 

A Deal With The Devil... by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

"Rubs temple tiredly"

 

Whats up guys, xD

I bet you didn't expect to see this so soon. Well, i pulled an all nighter... twice. :P

I wanted to post again soon, i'm just really excited to nurture this story and bring it foward. I think I did the same with my last one till the end came around... then I was a little sad to write it because i knew it was almost over.

But, this ones got a long ways to go yet. So please, enjoy!

 

Something i want to point out though, mostly because this troubled me greatly. If you don't like my story, which i figure a large amount of people won't, don't just downvote it for no reason. If you downvote it, fine but at least explain yourself.

Leaving a blank review with the lowest rating is not warrented. Ever. If you don't like my story just leave it alone. Simple as that.

I don't care if you flame me, but give me something to read at least. Don't be a child about it.  XD

I deleted the review i received mostly for that person's benifit. If you're reading this now, try not to do that again. Ok :)

 

 

 

Sulking in bitter contrition, Kari hung her head low as she slowly walked down the caverns leading to one of the few people who made her feel better when she felt down. However… in this instance, it might have been better to choose anyone else. Lifting a small ball of string in her hands, the sandy blonde whimpered before lowering her gaze remorsefully.

‘I’m so sorry…’ She didn’t mean to get that lady killed. She came to the humans for help, but it was like Najia had told her. Humans wouldn’t help… their kind. But that didn’t mean she wanted to get her killed! She seemed kind… at first. She didn’t deserve to be eaten!

‘M-Maybe it’s not too late?’ Could Nya still be playing with her? Feeling her stomach churn, the witch tossed that idea out the window. Neko’s were hunters plain and simple. If you put something smaller than them in their field of vision, they’d attack. It was as simple as that. So if Ebon really tossed her to the cat girl… then she was as good as dead.

Sighing sadly, she nodded once more before turning left and right through the twisting tunnels that made up their cave. Palming the small ball of twine in her hands, the younger girl paused as she came to the entrance of her friend’s area before taking a deep breath. She couldn’t feel resentment for her… It was in her nature after all that made her eat the human… or worse.

If there was anyone she could direct her anger towards, it should be their *leader*. Stepping into the dimly lit room, Kari’s eyes roamed over the fluorescent fungal she had grown for the girl before smiling. “Nya! Hey Nya, it’s me… d-do you want to play?” Looking around quietly, Kari waited for a few minutes before frowning.

‘That’s weird… usually, she’s really eager to see me.’ Was she not here? Stepping deeper into the cave, the little witch began looking around as she peered into each of the cubby holes the Neko had made herself since coming into their care. After a few tries, however, she did find her… but, something was off.

Peeking into one of the deeper crevices, Kari furrowed her brow as she saw Nya lying down as she purred loudly, her voice echoing in her dainty chambers. But… the noises she was making weren’t the only ones…

‘I-I-Is… is that, screaming…?’ She could hear something faint coming from between her hands. Raising her hand, the little witch gave her wrist a flick before her amber eyes began to glow a magenta hue. In an instant, the darkness encroaching all around her was cast aside causing the cave to become clearly lit to her eyes…

What she saw, however, was the last thing she expected to see. Gawking, Kari took a step back in surprise before cupping her mouth. In her friend's hand… was the shrunken girl that Ebon had taken from her. She was alive…

Whimpering loudly, Abby was spread eagle in the cat girl’s hands as she continued to greedily lick between her legs. Convulsing with each lick she was being given, the diminutive girl cried harder. Taking a step forward, and then another, Kari made her way over Nya as she continued to cup her mouth.

“Y-Y-You’re alive…?” Looking up slowly as the darkness concealed whoever it was speaking above her, Abby raised her tear stained eyes up as she saw the familiar outline of the witch who had brought her here. Lifting her shaky hand upwards, the teenager tried to speak, but nothing came out. Even so, the blonde knew what she had mouthed. It was very clear to her, both in voice and in her eyes.

‘Help… h-help!’ Panicking, the younger girl nodded her head before reaching for Abby… however, she didn’t get very far. Noticing the unexpected arrival, Nya looked up before her eyes widened as she saw where her friend was reaching.

NYAAA!” Crying out in surprise, Kari stumbled backward's as she heard the howl the Neko had directed at her. Gulping, the little witch looked at her friend in shock before standing up slowly. “N-N-Nya, I-it’s me! W-Why did you hiss at me?!” Growling in a low, guttural tone, the brunette glared at the witch before directing her eyes back down at Abby happily.

“Nya…” Licking the smaller girl once again, the cat girl went back to what she was doing before causing the witch to question her actions. At first… it looked like she was trying to eat her. But now, it didn’t seem like that was the case. The Neko grew hostile when she came closer to her. Not to mention she wasn’t actually biting the shrunken girl… only…

Palming her fist, Kari nodded as the pieces fell into place. “N-Nya, I’m not going to hurt your… friend.” Pausing, the cat girl looked up at Kari in silence as her tail swished back and forth defensively. “Nya, nyaa…” Shaking her head, Kari took a few steps closer before kneeling down in front of her. “T-Trust me… please?”

As the little witch moved her hand in front of her face, the cat girl sniffed her hand a few times before giving her a gentle lick. Giggling, Kari nodded before looking down at Abby. She looked… exhausted. “H-How long have you been guarding her?” It was apparent now that’s why Nya had acted so hostile towards her.

Smiling proudly, the cat girl purred contently as she nuzzled the now unconscious girl into her cheek. “Nyaaa! Nya, nyaa nya, nyaaa…” Nodding her head, Kari sighed before sitting down next to the pair. “I-I didn’t know you liked humans this much… I bet if Ebon knew this she wouldn’t have given her to you. She wanted you to kill her…”

Hissing loudly, Nya narrowed her eyes before pulling Abby closer to her chest. “B-B-But, I-I’m not going to let her!” She corrected herself causing the Neko to nod her head slowly. “But… she is hurt.” Kari whispered quietly, her magenta eyes scanning the brunette over. She could see bruises all over her body, not to mention her arm was bent at an awkward angle.

“You… you didn’t do this to her… did you?” As the kitten shook her head, the little witch nodded before moving her hands forward, an action the Neko took threateningly. Hearing her friend beginning to growl again, Kari paused before raising her hands up defensively. “I need to check her condition. P-Please, let me see her. I won’t harm her….”

As minutes ticked by slowly, the Neko’s eyes were locked onto the witch’s before she lowered her head. “N-Nyaa…” Moving her hands forward, the cat girl released the human before sitting up. “N-N-Nya, nyaa, nyaaa nya, nyaaa!” Turning her head, Kari smiled before nodding. “That’s fine, you can come with me and guard her.”

“Nya!” The Neko chirped before crawling on all fours. Cradling the shrunken, battered girl in her hands gently, Kari lifted Abby up before looking down at her sadly. ‘Y-You must be in a lot of pain… I’m so sorry.’ Sniffling, the blonde moved to the entrance of the den before jerking her head. “Come on Nya, I’m taking her back to my room.”

 

Jumping up the ledge after her, both witch and Neko began walking away, making sure to not draw attention to them…

 

This wasn’t going to look good on either of their parts…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Hearing a gentle rumbling echoing around her, Abby breathed deeply in her sleep. It sounded like water rippling. It was relaxing. However, the roaring water wasn’t the only thing she heard. As consciousness steadily wrestled its way back into her, the brunette’s eyes opened slowly as she gazed upwards. She felt… numb… and very confused.

Staring upwards at the glowing neon lights that shined over her, Abby felt a smile form over her lips. ‘B-Beautiful…’ She didn’t know where she was, but she felt really good… Watching as something moved above her field of vision, Abby leaned up slowly before falling back in surprise.

‘M-My arm…’ Looking down at her bandaged limb, the teenager tried to move her limp appendage, but it wasn’t responding. Something was off… Looking forward at what It was that first caught her attention, Abby waved her other hand. “H-H-Hello?”

Moving around her table, Kari blinked before her head peaked up. Looking towards her shrunken patient, the little witch smiled. “H-H-Hi… u-umm, how do you f-feel?” She stuttered out quietly as she averted her eyes. Looking up at the colossal girl, Abby wondered why she felt so calm. She was looking at a Monster after all. But… that pleasant feeling was still there.

“I feel… really, really good… But, what did you give me?” She wasn’t naive. There was some kind of opiate in her system. But, it was strong and very potent. Licking her lips, the younger girl moved to the opposite end the table before walking back over with a bottle in her hand.

“T-This is what I used, but I added some of my own extracts to enhance it so it might feel strange at first. You shouldn’t feel any pain, though. I… I had to push your arm back in its socket and I was scared you would be into much pain when you woke up.” She whispered quietly.

Looking to the familiar bottle, Abby nodded. ‘Chamomile.’ She was using the crushed plant to dull her senses. No wonder she felt so out of it. And that probably explained why she wasn’t screaming. Looking up at the child, the brunette would have shivered but her body felt unattached to her consciousness.

But… her mind still worked fine, if a bit sedated. ‘W-Why am I not dead?’ She remembered the Neko tasting her, but after that, not much else. She must have passed out. Blushing, Abby moved her uninjured arm lower before cupping her waist. 'D-Did that all really happen?'

Looking down slowly, the brunette observed herself. She was in some kind of makeshift bed, it was soft… maybe cotton or wool? She couldn’t honestly say. But draped around her, covering her nude form… was her red ribbon. Touching the silky material, the shrunken girl soon grew saddened.

“I-It all really happened, didn’t it?” Blinking, Kari looked back down at her little guest before frowning. “What really happened? What do you mean?” Looking up to the child, the brunette simply shook her head. “W-W-Why am I here? I… I was being eaten by, by that M-Monster… but now, I’m here. What happened?” Frowning, Kari set what she was working on down before lowering her gaze.

“N-Nya wasn’t eating you. S-She was grooming you.” Noticing the smaller girl furrowing her brow, clearly confused by her statement, the blonde elaborated. “Neko’s like to groom themselves, their compulsive about it. But when they like someone they start to groom them to show them they care. Nya wasn’t licking you because she thought you tasted good. She was just trying to make you feel safe is all? She was guarding you when I arrived.”

Taking in the girl's words silently, Abby stared down at her nude from before frowning. “T-Then… then why did she, r-rape me afterward's?” Blushing furiously, Kari fidgeted before looking away. “U-Uh… w-well, you probably did taste good to her. Beastials can smell the faintest hints of aromas that we Hominal can’t. Y-You probably gave off something she liked… all of our kind is affected by it. She’s just more susceptible.” The witch explained quietly before noticing the confusion still present thereafter.

“P-P-Please don’t make me explain it again!” She stammered embarrassedly before cupping her face to hide it. Shaking her head, Abby thought over her words before feeling her cheeks flush as well. “Beastial… and Hominal?” She had never heard of these words before.

Nodding her head slowly, the little witch uncovered her face before leaning over the desk. “W-Well… your kind calls up Monsters… but that’s not what we call ourselves. We have categories for the three kinds. Humans, which you are. Hominal, which are humanoid which is what I am. And Beastial which are creatures who are animalistic and feral. We don’t call each other the things you do. We all have names, but most of them are made by humans and rejected by our kind.” Kari explained in further detail.

Tapping her lips in thought, Abby listened quietly. She had never once heard of these names mentioned. Did her Master not know of this either? Or, was it just made up by Monsters? But, this raised, even more, questions than answers!

“W-W-Why does that Neko… like me?” Scowling, the little witch picked up the vials she had been holding earlier before mixing them together. “Her name’s Nya, and I don’t know. She usually hides from others. Najia and I are the only two people who she likes to be around.” She shrugged before moving the concoction over the brunette's face.

“H-Here, drink this please.” Narrowing her eyes, Abby was about to refuse, but she could smell what it was. ‘Turmeric… How does she know about all of these medicinal plants?’ The ginger root was used for anti-inflammation. She was treating her…

Opening her mouth up as far as she could, Abby’s eyes shot open in discomfort as she bitter, spicy fluid was poured down her throat. Coughing uncontrollably, Abby groaned before gritting her teeth, the painless sensation of her body now gone. “W-W-What… w-was all of that?” She felt worse now than she did before!

Putting the rest of the fluid down, Kari grabbed a small washcloth before dabbing it over the smaller girls face. “I had to give you something to stop any internal problems. I may not look like it but I’m a Doctor, so trust me.” She smiled proudly.

Looking at the child in disbelief, Abby shook her head. “W-Why Turmeric r-root and not fish oil t-then?” If she wanted to stop inflammation, that would have worked a little slower but it would have been less invasive. Frowning, the sandy blonde shook her head.

“I don’t have any fish oil. My supplies are limited because of where we are. I had to use…” The witch paused before trailing off completely. “W-Wait, you know what I used…?” Nodding her head as best she could, Abby smiled softly. “I-I’m a doctor's assistant. I make medicines for my Master all the time.”

Staring down at the smaller girl with star-struck eyes, Kari grinned. “R-Really?! You’re a Doctor too!” Scowling, Abby shook her head. “N-Not fully. I’m still in training…” Shrugging off her words, the little witch bounced up and down giddily. “T-T-Then… c-could you take a look at my patient with me? P-Pretty please!”

Frowning as her senses began to return thanks to the conflicting medicines, Abby slowly began to shiver. “I-I-Is… is it, a Monster?” Stiffening, the younger girl looked downward before clenching her fists. “P-Please don’t call her that. She’s not a Monster. Not like you Humans are.”

Raising her head, the brunette felt her fear slowly rising. The child in front of her now was a witch after all. Not to mention what she did to her… Laying her head back on the table, Abby bit her lip. “I… I can’t.” Gawking at the resolute statement, Kari stomped her foot angrily. “WHY NOT! She’s not a Monster! She… she’s family…”

Hearing the hurt in her tone, Abby continued to hold back her feelings. “I-I can’t…. I can’t do it. E-Every day, I have to help my Master deal with your kind…” She sniffled before shaking her head as tears freed themselves from her eyes. “A-A-And every day… I suffer, having to watch them in pain. Everyone that your kind hurts!” She screamed before crying harder, her tears no longer held back.

A Monster asking her to help another Monster! Whoever it was probably was hurt because they attacked someone else! She… she couldn’t do it, she just couldn't. It went against everything she believed in. She wouldn’t help a Monster… just for it to recover and then hurt others again.

Hanging her head in silence, Kari clenched the table she was standing over before directing her hateful magenta eyes towards the smaller girl. “AND WHAT ABOUT YOU! I HELPED YOU! I’M A WITCH AND I HELPED A HUMAN!” She screamed angrily causing the smaller girl to jump.

Gritting her teeth now, Abby met the child’s hate filled eyes head on with her own anger. “HELPED ME!? Y-YOU DID THIS TO ME! LOOK AT ME!” She shrieked. Flinching, Kari tried to keep her eyes locked… but she couldn’t. “YOU DID THIS TO ME! T-The reason I’m like this now… is your fault!” She whispered venomously.

However… the spite in her tone left almost instantly as she saw a small trail of tears dripping down the child’s face. “I-I… I’m sorry. I really am… b-but please, don’t punish Najia because of something I did!” She stammered. Clenching her eyes shut, Abby shook her head. “I won’t do it!”

“PLEASE, I’LL DO ANYTHING!” Freezing up, the shrunken girl gulped as she let the younger girls words sink in. After a few minutes, the brunette licked her parched lips before speaking once again. “A-Anything?” Nodding her head furiously, the little witch gripped the table harder as she leaned over Abby.

“I-I’ll do anything! I-I’ll give you anything! I… I don’t care what it is… I’ll find a way to do it for you. B-But please, you have to help Najia… I’m… I’m too weak.” She whimpered before more tears broke out. She had tried to help her patient… but she was only worsening. She needed help. That’s why she had ventured out to find help in the first place.

Lying upwards as she felt her body slowly healing, Abby closed her eyes before sighing. “C-Can you fix me?” Looking down at the smaller girl confused, the blonde was about to ask what she meant before it dawned on her. “Y-You mean, can I change you back to your normal height?” Nodding her head, Abby looked up at the witch sternly.

“C-Can you fix me!” She didn’t want to die, not like this! Whimpering, the younger girl moved her gloved hand over to her mouth before chewing on her clothed digit as she thought about what she was asking her to do. None of the others would allow it…

But, if she cured Najia… then maybe, just maybe… they would look the other way. It was possible… just very risky. Not to mention if Ebon got word of her survival then things would take a grim turn instantly. The moment she took the Human with her, she had feared for her life… but, maybe she could give that life back to her this way?

They would both win… Gulping herself, Kari tugged on one of her gloves before releasing her pale hand. “I-If you can save Najia… I’ll unshrink you. B-But you need to do your best! If I had my way I’d change you back now, but the others would just kill you! You need to stay like this till you help her. T-Then, then they won’t harm you. Everyone here loves Najia and wants her to get better. So… t-that’s all I can promise you. If you help her… I’ll change you back.”

The witch stammered out before extending her dainty hand. Looking up at the younger girl, the teenager frowned. This felt like a dark bargain... She was going to use her gifts, the skills her Master had bestowed upon her… to help a Monster. The very creatures she swore hatred to as a child.

Was there no other way… Hardening her gaze, the brunette lifted her unbandage arm up weakly before gripping the blonde's extended finger. “D-Deal. I’ll heal her… but you have to change me back the moment she’s better!” Crossing her heart, Kari smiled.

“Deal.” And like that… she had made a deal with the Devil. Tugging her midnight glove back on, Kari grinned before cupping her hands together. “T-T-Thank you…” Ignoring her for now, Abby nodded. She didn’t want to think about it anymore then she had to. If her Master knew she was doing something like this to save her own skin… he’d be appalled.

Wait, her Master! “H-H-Hey! W-What day is it?” Blinking, Kari looked down before scowling. “It’s Monday? What’s wrong?” Sighing in relief, the brunette nodded. It was still the same day. Her Master wasn’t back yet. If he found her missing, what would he think? She had to fix this Monster before Friday…

“Don’t worry about it; I just got scared I was here for a while.” Frowning, the little witch wanted to inquire more but decided not to in favor of helping Najia. “Can you stand?” Rolling her bandaged arm, the joint clicked a bit but the pain was mostly gone. Whatever she had used to numb it earlier was a hell of a lot stronger than just the herbs she saw before.

While she was here it wouldn’t hurt to learn what the witch had done. She might be a Monster, but Medical knowledge was a godsend. She’d accept it wherever it came from. “Yeah, I’ll be fine…” Crawling to her feet slowly, Abby’s face instantly turned red as her ribbon fell from her naked form. Cupping her breasts, the teenager blushed before looking away.

“D-D-Do you have my c-clothes?” Frowning, Kari looked away sheepishly before rubbing the back of her head. “W-Well… not exactly.” Scowling, the brunette wanted to demand what she meant before something was moved in front of her. “Nya kind of tore up your dress… I’m guessing it was getting in the way of what she really wanted under it. S-So, I stitched you these when you were sleeping. “

Looking down at the small garment in the palm of her hands, Abby frowned. She had made some kind of cross stitched beige drape that was made half hazardously. Frankly... it didn’t do much more than the ribbon had. But… she probably shouldn’t be complaining. The Witch didn’t have to make her anything, to begin with.

Accepting the gift begrudgingly, Abby was silent as she turned around. Tossing the loose dress over herself, the brunette tried to fit in it as best she could before crying out in surprise as something wrapped around her waist. “Hold still.”

Struggling as she was slowly bound, Abby finally pulled away as she glared hatefully up at the younger girl. “W-W-WHAT WAS THAT FOR!” Frowning, Kari pointed to her waist before the shrunken girl calmed down. Around her midsection was a small twine string that held the dress tighter to her. Clenching her fists, the teenager looked away sheepishly before sighing.

“T-T-Thank you…” Nodding, Kari kept an indifferent expression as she lowered her hands. “Alright, are you ready to see our patient?” Turning back, Abby nodded before stepping up and onto her palms carefully. This was horrifying! If the Monster so much as wanted to harm her she could simply close her hands, and that would be it…

A thought that brought some rather graphic images to her mind. Shivering, the smaller girl was suddenly brought back to reality as she was tugged upwards. Screaming in fright, Abby clung to the witches hand for dear life before hearing a loud sigh above her. “I’m not going to drop you or anything. Don’t forget I carried you here after all.”

Kari defended herself before making her way out of her room and into the dimly lit tunnels. As the duo began progressing deeper in, the shrunken girl looked around in silent wonder. There was fluorescent fauna growing all over the ceiling. It looked to be the same ones that had been in the younger girls cave… Frankly, they were beautiful.

“D-Do these grow here by themselves? They don’t look indigenous to this area. I’ve never encountered anything like them when I go out collecting my herbs.” She mumbled. Shaking her head, Kari beamed proudly as she moved the smaller girl a bit higher to see.

“They’re not. I grew all of this myself, though.” She chirped happily. Looking to the witch in surprise, Abby simply shook her head. “H-H-How?! Is it an alga? A fungus? Do they require sunlight to multiply? Does it thrive on the humidity of the cave? What makes it glow multicolored like that and not just a singular pigmentation?”

Pausing her rapid-fire questions, Abby looked up to the sandy blonde as she stopped walking before panicking as she saw her eyes swirling. “I… umm, w-w-well… uh…” Waving her hands back and forth, the smaller girl tried to calm the child down. “S-Sorry, one question at a time! Umm… how did you grow them?”

Feeling her composure return, Kari sighed before smiling softly. “Well, it wasn’t all me in all honesty. Najia taught me how to cultivate these. They are fungi. When there’s light around them they don’t glow at all and appear as a dull gray color which blends in with the rocks. But once they lights go out, they show their true colors. As to why there different, that’s more to do on their species. These aren’t all the same fungi. I extracted parts of different kinds and grew them together to make these.”

Nodding her head slowly as she filed away this information, Abby continued to look at them in wonder. Each one had a unique color to them. Most were a light green or aquamarine but some specks of orange or yellow were thrown in as well. If it were a bit brighter sadly she’d probably be able to differentiate the species. But as it stood, she couldn’t even figure out what they were.

“Hey, how come the ones In that other cave I woke up in were all a brighter shade then these ones?” Snickering, the younger girl shook her head. “They weren’t silly. It was just an illusion.” Furrowing her brow, Abby wanted to ask but it seemed like the witch was eager to beat her to it.

“This canyon we’re in has a long winding system of tunnels, and each cave is unique in its own right. Mine has a few pools of water flowing through it and down to other chambers so the glow from the ceiling is reflected all around off the waterfalls making it appear brighter.”

Nodding her head once more, Abby sighed. “You seem to know an awful lot about these types of things for a kid.” Smirking, Kari smiled proudly before adding a skip to her step. She rarely got to talk about her work like this. “Uh huh. Najia taught me all I know. She’s a really smart woman, and she knows everything! Well… not everything, b-but most everything!”

Propping her head up on her arm, the brunette sulked. ‘Yeah and I’m helping her… lucky me.’ If this Monster got better and was as intelligent as the witch made her out to be she could be a real threat to society. Was her own life really worth the risk? Questioning her morals more and more, Abby was brought out of her thoughts as the pair came into a wider cave entrance before it opened up to reveal what was within.

Looking around, the smaller girl hummed thoughtfully. Even if it was a cave, it was more civilized then she had thought. There were a few makeshift mats in one area, and a large work table with assorted plants and vials on it. Resting near a small pond in the corner as well were a few pitchers and cups. It looked like some kind of rest area.

‘Although I doubt it’s very sterile…’ Stepping into the middle of the room, the brunette’s eyes soon locked onto a moving form near one of the beds before she paled. “GAH, H-H-HEY, D-D-DON’T LET HER NEAR M-ME!” Perking her ears upward, the moving form soon looked to the two new arrivals before a broad grin broke out over her lips.

“NYAAA!” Screaming as she saw the Neko running towards them, Kari laughed happily as she saw the cat girl bouncing up and down as she tried to paw at Abby. “H-Hey, Nya, s-stop!” She giggled before lowering the girl down slowly. Looking up at the witch in horror, the teenager clung to her hand for dear life.

D-D-DON’T LET THAT MONSTER NEAR ME! SHE ALMOST KILLED ME LAST TIME!” Scowling, Kari paused before flicking the finger Abby had been clinging to. “Don’t be mean! Nya wasn’t going to hurt you, I already told you that. She was protecting you… kind of.” Backing up against her palm, the older girl shook her head fearfully as Nya’s looming face rested over her.

“Nyaa?” “She’s asking if you’re alright.” Gawking, Abby looked to the witch in shock before stuttering. “Y-Y-You c-can understand t-this thing!?” Giving the girl another scowl, Kari puffed her cheeks out before pointing to the cat girl.

“She’s not a thing! Nya is a Neko, and yes I can understand her… kind of.” Gulping as the kitten moved her face closer, the little cat girl began to purr. “N-N-Nya…? T-That’s her name? Like the thing, she keeps saying?” Nodding her head, Kari sat down slowly before showing the smaller girl to the Neko.

“Uh huh, that’s the only sound she makes so that’s what Najia calls her. She seems to like the name though so we all just started to call her that.” Turning her head to the side, the Neko smiled cheerfully as her tail flicked back and forth freely. “Nyaaa!”

Shivering, Abby watched the Neko with sharp eyes. She wasn’t about to let this thing have its way with her again! “You know, you should say thank you. She can understand you know.” Looking up at the blonde with skepticism, the teenager shook her head.

“The hell she does! I told her to stop attacking me and she never did!” Blushing, Kari looked away sheepishly before petting Nya’s head, the cat girl mewing happily from the gentle touches. “She’s a Beastial! She couldn’t help her instincts. All of our kind thrive from energy, and humans have an abundant source of it… T-T-That includes… well…” She stuttered quietly as her face lit up brighter.

Piecing together where she was going with that statement, Abby flushed red as well. “E-Even so, there’s no way she knows what I’m saying… how is it possible? She’s a feral.” Sighing, Kari looked to Nya before scratching under the girl's chin.

“Nya, can you understand me?” “Nyaa!” “Do you know what I’m saying? “Nyaa!” “Do you like it when I scratch under your chin?” “NYAA!” “Do you like the little lady?” “NYAA!” Do you want to stay here while we work Nya? “Nyaa!”

Looking back down at the brunette, Kari smiled. “See, I told you.” Giving both girls a blank look, Abby growled before flailing her arms. “ALL SHE SAID WAS NYA! HOW DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT SHE WAS SAYING?!” Shrugging her shoulders, Kari simply smiled. “I don’t know, I can just kind of tell. There’s a different pitch in her tone when she says yes or no. You just need to take the time to notice it. I’m one of the only people who play with her so I’m usually the only one who can tell. B-But she really can understand us. Watch. Nya say you’re happy to be here and you don’t want to hurt her and that you’re sorry for what you did to her!”

“Nyaaa, nya nyaa, nyaaa nya, nyaaa nya, nya, nyaa ,nya ,nya!” Palming her face, Abby shook her head. She did seem intelligent… at least. But there was no way to tell if the witch was telling the truth of just simply messing with her at this point. “F-F-Fine… whatever. Let’s just go see Naj… or naha?” “Najia!” “Right…”

Pouting, Kari stood back up before making her way over to the bed, Nya following close behind cheerfully. Standing over a larger bed that looked to be made from a couple of the others around them, the teenager soon frowned. Resting on the mats, was a beautiful woman. She had golden blonde hair and nine equally long and golden tails resting all around her… lifelessly.

“S-She’s a Kitsune?” Nodding her head, Kari whimpered sadly before moving the smaller girl closer. Observing the clearly unconscious Monster, a feeling of worry passed over the brunette. ‘B-But Kitsune’s aren’t native to Ireland… Is she from another country?’

If so, that would explain the strange clothing she had on. It looked like some kind of yellow dress… but she had never seen anything similar to it before. One thing was for certain, though… there was a lot of blood staining them. Gulping, Abby took a deep breath to calm her nerves as she let her subconscious take over. “Open her dress…”

Nodding her head, Kari moved the smaller girl down before resting her in Nya’s open hands as she got to work. Pulling the blanket away that had been tossed over her waist, the little witch undid the buttons on her mini yukata before pulling it apart.

Cupping her mouth, Abby coughed before narrowing her eyes. She has bandages all over her waist and stomach with patches of blood everywhere. She was in dire condition. “WHAT HAVE YOU GIVEN HER!” jumping from the change in tone, Kari stuttered before shrinking as she saw the commanding look she was being given. “Tell me everything you gave her chronologically!”

Nodding, the younger girl started telling her what she did, how the Kitsune had gotten back to them shortly before passing out from her wounds. After cleaning and disinfecting them she had bandaged them and it had been a battle back and forth for a few days as she kept her fever down. But now… she showed no signs of change, even with the medicines she prepared for her…

Kneeling down as she observed her, the little human laced her fingers as she began running the procedure in her mind. This was one of the things that she was good at. But she had to act fast. The witch had done well with her treatments so far but unless they acted soon she wasn’t going to pull through.

Pausing her thoughts, Abby looked up the blonde before frowning. “H-Hey… I never got your name…” Blinking, the little witch looked up before nodding back. “I’m Kari. Now please tell me what I need to do!” Licking her lips, Claire pointed to the table near them.

“We need to make her some medicine to restore her red blood cell count. Her body will naturally do that but we need to speed up their production factor. She needs minerals, iron, and selective vitamins B-12, B-6, and E.” Looking down at Abby in wonder, Kari was soon brought back to reality was the shrunken girl waved up at her.

“NOW!” Jumping, Kari nodded before taking her over to her table. Setting the little human down, the blonde began moving all the bottle she had around so they would be easier for her to see. “A-A-Alright, tell me what I need to mix!” Nodding, the brunette was about to begin before pausing.

All these bottles looked familiar. Feeling the cogs in her mind slowly beginning to turn, Abby gawked. “D-D-DID YOU RAID MY MASTER’S SHOP!” These were their medicinal powders and herbs! Blushing, Kari nodded sheepishly before lowering her head.

“I-I-I didn’t have a choice! I tried to go to you for help and you screamed and drew attention to me! I’m sorry!” Stomping her foot angrily, Abby shook her head before looking back to the bottles. ‘Well… at least I’ll be in my area of expertise.’ She knew these medicines like the back of her hand…

“Alright, we’ll talk about your thievery later… for now, I need you to find the Echinacea, it’s a light purple flower, like your eyes… sometimes.” Furrowing her brow, Kari began looking over all the bottles before pulling some bright magenta herbs forward. “These right?”

Nodding, the brunette pointed to a grinding bowl on the far end of the table before thinking. “You need to turn them into a fine powder, start on that. I need a minute to figure out what to add to it.” Going to the task she was given, Kari smiled before getting to work. Her hope was rising now. She had another Doctor there with her… a better one.

Together, they could both save Najia. “How long has she been passed out?” “Four days!” “Grab the yellow docks powder and sprinkle it in.” “This stuff?” “Yes!” “Alright, she’ll need to have the blood that’s already in her system filtered, the powder will help with that but we need a little more. Add a pinch, but just a pinch! Of Licorice root. We don’t want to give her too much. “G-G-Got it!”

Turning her head back and forth on the ground as she stared between both girls working, Nya soon mewed. This was beyond her comprehension. Biting her lip as she paced back and forth amongst the bottles, Abby looked around with worry. “H-Hey, grab some Dandelion extract, we need that as well.”

Jumping around the table, Kari nodded as she lifted up each of her small vials of extract… but none showed a label of a dandelion. All of them had some type of a marking for what they were but none were it. “I… I don’t think we have any…” Pausing, the brunette growled before looking around herself.

“You raided our shop, there has to be some here!” Whimpering as she saw her franticness growing by the second, Abby stomped her foot angrily. There wasn’t any there! “C-Can we substitute it?” Shaking her head, the little human crossed her arms. “Dandelions have a lot of potencies, especially once they're made into an extract. It has levulin, taraxacerin, and inulin, three agents that are greatly needed for… Najia’s, recover?”

She hoped she pronounced that right. Panicking, Kari began looking around frantically once again before slamming her padded hands on the table. “T-T-THEN WHAT DO WE DO NOW! W-WHERE CAN I FIND DANDELIONS TO MAKE IT!” Shaking her head, Abby looked away, her expression troubled now.

“Even if you found the flower which isn’t indigenous to this area, it would take a week tops for it to reach the right level of extract required to benefit her. She doesn’t have that kind of time Kari.” Crying, the little witch continued to slam her fists down angrily now.

“THEN WHAT DO WE DO!” Silence rang out in the room as Abby thought over what their options were. They could give her what they had started to make but any substitutions wouldn’t heal her as well since they worked best with the chemical components within the flowers extract.

No… if she was going to heal quickly she needed this medicine. “We need to go back to the shop. My Master’s shop.” Paling, Kari looked down at the brunette shocked before she shook her head. “B-B-But, I c-can’t! People saw me leaving there! If I go back they’ll know I’m a witch!”

Biting her lip, Abby scowled. She had really wished that she hadn’t screamed witch now. “We have to risk it. She needs this extract!” Pacing back and forth, Kari slowly nodded as her eyes teared up. She’d do it… for Najia. But, she just didn’t know how.

“I… I guess… we have to.” Nodding, Abby flopped down on the table before looking over at the unconscious Kitsune. “I’m sorry, but I’m not a miracle worker. I can’t cure her unless I have the proper medicine. I firmly believe all things can be cured… but it takes more than just wishful thinking.”  She sighed.

She didn’t care for helping Monsters… but even so, it hurt her to think she wasn’t able to do anything for her. She was going to die if they didn’t step in. “I… I have an idea. B-But you might not like it…” Blinking, Abby looked back to the younger girl before scowling.

“W-What is it…? I already told you we NEED that extract.” Nodding, Kari fidgeted before pointing to Nya. “I-I can’t be seen… but what about someone else? Someone, who your village won’t think twice about?” Crossing her arms, the miniature girl gave her a deadpanned look before pointing to the Neko. “And how will cat ears and a freaking tail help hide her! She can’t even talk to the villagers if worst comes to worse!”

 

“Nyaaa!”

 

“Exactly!” Tapping her foot, Abby shook her head. “Nya won’t work Kari, it has to be you.” Shivering, the blonde slowly shook her head before looking back down at her. “I-I-It wasn’t Nya I was talking about…”

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“GO FUCK YOURSELVES SIDEWAYS! NEXT TIME I’M COMING FOR YOUR HEADS!”

 

Stomping down the tight corridors of their cave, Casey grit her teeth as she heard the playful laughter echoing behind her. Twisting her neck from left to right, she nodded before tightening the white bandage wrappings around her neck. Now she had to have them fixed, yet again!

“Fucking cunts, the lot of them…” She hated those two more than anyone else… Always trying to play with her like that… Well, the next time they tried to grab her head she’d have something nasty waiting in store. Smiling wolfishly, the darkness around her lashed out a bit before she calmed herself down.

Stepping into one of the caverns that divided the girl's separate chambers, the redhead paused before looking down Kari’s tunnel. The last she saw her friend… of sorts, she was still crying. Sighing, the older girl shook her head before making her way towards her own area.

‘It was her fault not mine that she was put in her place. She shouldn’t have brought a freaking human to our home…’ Tsking, she nodded before quickening her pace. All she wanted more than anything now was to just hide in her own sanctuary and play with her shadows. She had, had enough of this day already…

Stepping into her chambers, the redhead rolled her neck again before pausing. Glaring angrily she looked to the corner of the room before her eyes softened. “Jeez, you got a death wish? The last time someone came in here I almost took their head as my trophy!” She snapped angrily. She was still really angry about earlier… Not that it was her fault…

Looking up her friends silently, Kari licked her lips before moving forward. “C-C-Casey, I have a favor to ask you… but, you’re not going to like it…

 

 

To be continued…

End Notes:

And the deal is struck.

 

Thank you all for reading, I really appreciate the kind words I've received so far and honestly, thats whats motivating me to upload so quickly. When i get a long review, my heart soars. And when i get a really long one I cry... b-but the good kind!

Well, I hope you like whats going on thos time around. It's sure to be a fun ride... well, for me at least.

I'll see you all again soon.

 

Bye~

From bad to worse... by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

 

Welcome back everyone :D

 

This time I didn't overwork myself, I just wanted to write soon! :P

 

Hopefully this chapter looks alright, you'll soon find out because of a certain character introduced it turned out to be a bigger challenge then i had first thought. But, after some editing... well, a lot of editing. I think it came out nicely... I think.

 

Anyways, Please tell me what you think and enjoy the read!

 

“WHAT, IN THE SEVEN HELL’S WERE YA THINKIN KARI!? FIRST YA BRIN’ A 'HUMAN 'HERE, AN' NIGH YER KEEPIN ER RAUN AS A TROPHY! BLOODY 'HELL, DO YA 'AV A DEATH WISH! WHAT THE FUCKS HEADIN ON IN THAT WEE BOYD BRAIN AV YERS?”

Casey screamed as she paced back and forth in exasperation. No, that wasn’t even close to what she was feeling. She was fucking pissed! Raising her hand to speak, Kari was silenced once again as her hotheaded friend continued to chew her out, her accent lacing her words thicker than usual as her tone raised a few octaves.

 “YOU’RE A FUCKIN EEJIT IS WHAT YA ARE! YOU DON’T THINK BEFORE YA ACT AN NIGH LUK AR THE MESS YA NEED TO CLEAN UP, AN NOW YA TRYIN TO GET ME TA CLEAN UP WITCHA! FUCK, YA EVEN AV ANYTHIN TE SAY YA BOYD DUMBASS!”

Raising her hand slowly, the younger witch shivered as she tried to speak for the third time since she had told the redhead what she had done. It seemed that she wasn’t on board with it like Nya had been…

“C-C-Could you repeat that… again?” Screaming, Casey ruffled her hair before stomping her foot angrily. “YA DON’T, FUCKING, THINK! You made a deal with a human Kari, a fucking human!” Shrinking backward's from the accusatory tone the older girl was directing her way, a light trail of tears came to her eyes.

“I-I-I didn’t have a choice! I… I’m not strong enough, ok! I can’t… I can’t help Najia anymore!” Flopping down onto her lumpy mattress, Casey ground her teeth angrily before slamming her fist into the wall. She couldn’t believe any of this. Nya, saving a human and now Kari!? What the fuck was going on with people today!

Sure they didn’t want to just kill the shrunken girl, but now they were practically harboring her! “This is a fucking mess is what it is…” Sighing, she shook her head again before rolling her neck around. “And why the fuck did ya pick me?! Couldn’t you go grab whatever the hell that bitch needs yourself?” Whimpering, Kari shook her head sadly before inching a bit closer.

“I… I was seen by people when I first went there. I, I don’t know if they know I’m a Witch or not. B-B-But I can’t go back!” Looking to the blonde as tears streamed down her cheeks, Casey sighed once more. “Fucking hell… just fuck it all.” Her relaxation was ruined, to hell with it.

Pinching the bridge of her nose as she mulled over what had been said, Casey sat in silence as she light rumbling of the walls around her eased her nerves… if only a little. “Fuck, I’m going to get blamed for this again, I just know it. This is always how it starts, ya know that? Fuck me…”

Sniffling, Kari looked up hopefully before moving in front of her friend once again. “S-S-So… So you’ll help us…?” Tsking, Casey looked away before rolling to her feet. “Yeah, yeah, I’ll help ya, you boyd eejit. Fuck, but if this human starts screaming again I’m sewing her mouth shut!” Nodding, Kari moved in front of the redhead before enveloping her in a big hug much to the older girls chagrin.

“Pain… nothing but a pain…” Ignoring her words, the younger blonde smiled as she nuzzled the redhead happily. There was still hope they could save Najia.

Even if Casey was angry… she knew the stakes they were facing. And she knew what she would have to do in the end…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

Biting on her nails as she sat atop their work table, Abby fidgeting with worry as she waited for her young partner to return, this was driving her insane! She had been against it, both physically and vocally but that freaking Monster wouldn’t listen!

Growling, the older girl bounced her leg in agitation as she ran all the possible outcomes of this hopeless endeavor through her mind. By the grace of god, two Monsters’ didn’t want her dead but what were the chances of three!?

“Nyaaa?” Sighing, the brunette turned her head to the side before shuddering as her face was instantly enveloped by the familiar wet appendage she had grown rather accustomed to as of late. Flipping her darker, sticky locks off her eyes, the teenager glared at the Neko currently propping her head on the table beside her.

“NOT HELPING!” “NYAA!” Flopping on her back, Abby rubbed her face dry before gazing up at the florescent ceiling. This was not going to end well; she knew it in her heart. ‘But what choice do I have? We need that damned extract.’ Of all the things the little thief had taken, she had to leave behind that? Everything else they needed was practically here.

‘I wonder what Master will think once he returns. What if I’m not there?’ Gazing over at the unconscious Kitsune lying motionless in her cot, Abby frowned. It would take a regular person about a week to awaken after receiving wounds such as this... but… what about a Monster? She had never heard of anyone treating one before.

Would it be longer, shorter? Would she be here for days, weeks, months… years? Whimpering, the brunette sniffled a bit before cupping her face as she tried to compose herself. This was just a nightmare. Hopefully, one she could wake up from…

“Nyaaa!” Pulling her hands away from her face as she saw the cat girl jump off the table, Abby looked towards the cavern’s opening before stiffening. She could hear footsteps coming. Crawling to her feet in a hurry, the shrunken girl ran behind one of the bottles beside her before peeking out slowly.

However, her fears were soon eased as she saw who it was approaching. “H-Hey, I’m back. Abby?” Brushing her dress off, the brunette walked from out behind her hiding place before nodding to Kari. “Yeah, I’m here. So how did it go-“ Freezing once again, the older girl felt her breath hitch now as someone else entered the cavern following behind the younger girl… and she did not look happy to be here. Gazing up and down as she looked her over, Abby shivered as she recognized the familiarity surrounding her. Her red hair, her gothic black dress, and white frillings, her general hateful permanent scowl adorning her features. She was the same little girl that had been with the witch when she had first awoken here. She was the friend Kari had gotten to help them…?

Taking a step backward's, the shrunken girl gulped as she looked into the dark eyes of the new arrival standing in front of her. “Well, at least you’re not screaming… for now.” Looking between the redhead and the fidgeting brunette, Kari raised her hands up defensively before weighing in.

“A-A-Abby… this is Casey. She’s my friend, like Nya. She promised me she wouldn’t harm you.” “The fuck I did…” “CASEY!” Growling, the redhead turned her head away darkly before turning her back on the pair.

“L-Like I was saying… she’ll help us. Alright…?” Shivering in silence, Abby kept her eyes glued to the agitated redhead but chose not to reply in fear of setting her off. She seemed like someone who could easily be pushed… and the last thing she wanted to do was push a giantess too far.

“Ok, just everyone calm down. I’ve filled her in on what we need to do. Your village is about two miles from here… I think. All we need to do is have you two go there, pick up the extract from your shop and get-““WAIT, I NEED TO GO ALONG WITH THIS MONSTER!” “THE FUCK DID YOU JUST CALL ME?!”

Waving her hands around in a panic, Kari whined loudly before pushing her friend backward as she tried to march over to the teenager. “DON’T CALL ME A MONSTER YOU MONSTER!” “I-I’M THE MONSTER!?” “Glad you can admit it…” “THAT’S NOT WHAT I SAID! WHY ARE YOU CALLING ME ONE! I’M A HUMAN!”

Turning to her side, sending the younger witch plummeting to the floor, Casey nodded angrily. “YEAH, NO SHIT! You, Humans, are the Monsters!” Clenching her fists angrily, Abby wanted to scream at the new girl but… survival took precedence. Gazing upwards as she stood over her menacingly, the brunette shrink considerably.

She was mad at the audacious statement, but she wasn’t going to get herself killed over it. Hearing a loud yowl along with hissing that followed, Casey tore her eyes off the annoying girl before glaring down at Nya, the Neko raised defensively as she growled. “The fuck do you want?”

Watching in fear as the redhead's hand rose up, the smaller girl wondered what she was doing before jumping in shock as her shadow began to wave around over the walls of the cave. ‘B-B-But… s-she’s not even moving…’ Watching with beading eyes, Abby choked on her breath now as she watched the impossibly unfold.

Stretching her arm out, Casey kept a leveled gaze on the Neko as she crouched low in an aggressive stance. Not that it would matter… Screaming, Nya kicked off her feet before launching herself towards Casey… but she didn’t make it more than a few feet before crashing face first into a large black mass that had come out of the floor!

Keeping her hand raised, the redhead smiled smugly as she willed the black shadowy mass the wrap around the cat girl before throwing her away from her. “Knock it off fur ball! I’m not looking to pick a fight with ya!” She snapped before the shadowy mass sunk back into the floor, her shadow returning to normal afterward's.

All the while this went on, Abby could only watch with fear as a silent itching in the back of her mind poked and prodded at her. She had the feeling she knew just what this girl was after that display of power. But, she prayed she was wrong.

Turning her eyes away from the Neko as she tried to pick herself up, Casey looked back at Abby before gritting her teeth. “What!” falling backward's in fright, the brunette was silent minus the whimpers leaving her throat. She was scared… plain and simple. This Monster was just like all the others… and she probably wanted her dead all the same.

Scoffing as she watched the pathetic display from the shrunken girl, Casey looked away before jumping in surprise as she was tackled from behind. “DON’T FIGHT ANYONE CASEY, YOU PROMISED YOU WOULD HELP US!” Lowering her head, the redhead inched out of Kari’s arms before turning around angrily… but, most of that bled away as she saw her tear stained cheeks.

“P-P-Please… don’t h-hurt her. We need her…” Clenching her fists, the older girl glared down at the witch before shifting her gaze to the others present. “Fine, I won’t fucking harm ya. Ya happy now ya shrunken bollix?” She muttered snidely before crossing her arms.

 Saying nothing in fear for her own safety now, Abby nodded her head slowly and chose to keep her words to herself from now on. That could have escalated a lot farther than it did. Propping herself against the table, Casey brooded silently as she tried to ignore the fearful, spiteful, and disheartened look's being directed towards her.

Stepping over to the table slowly, Kari looked down at the shrunken girl before moving her hands forward. “A-Abby… we need you to go along with her. You and I know what Dandelion extract looks like but Casey doesn’t. She doesn’t know a thing about medicine… Please, you have to do this.” Shaking her head slowly, the smaller girl whimpered in fear as she was slowly picked up.

“P-P-Please don’t do make me do this… I-I don’t want to go near it…” Twitching, Casey narrowed her eyes as the silent whispered entered her ears. She was really beginning to hate this human. She was just like all the rest. Patting the older girls back in a calming fashion, Kari gave her, her most reassuring smile before standing back up.

“Casey says she won’t harm you… and, and I believe her. She’s been like a big sister to me since Najia saved me. So, I trust her.” Closing her eyes as her anger continued to dissipate, the redhead sighed silently before rubbing her neck. “I promise… I won’t hurt you like she says. Now let’s just get this over with. Neither of us likes the other so let’s make it quick and painless. Got it?”

Looking to Casey, Abby was silent for a moment before she closed her eyes. “O-Ok…” She was scared. This was even more terrifying than her Neko or Witch encounter. If she was correct about this girl, then she was in even more danger than she had ever been. Hopefully, this would be over quickly…

Nodding her head, Kari moved in front of Casey before looking up at her. There was a slight height different between them, the redhead being about half a foot taller and in general a few years older as well. Looking down at Abby, the taller girl sneered before raising her cross-stitched hand.

Setting the smaller girl down gently, Kari looked at them both before frowning. They were both hating every minute of the other's presence. Sighing, the little witch nodded before moving back to the table. “Alright, let me grab my bag to take with you. If you see anything else we might need, tell Casey what to grab and bring it back with you alright?”

Blinking, the blonde looked back before hanging her head. Casey was already glaring intently at the smaller girl as she began to cry. “COME ON ALREADY, KNOCK IT OFF!” Growling, Casey bit her tongue as she rubbed her neck furiously.

“It’s not my fault she’s painful to the touch…” Looking to the older girl pleadingly, Kari was about to beg her to stop but… she had to pause as she saw the white wrapping around her neck beginning to come undone by her constant touches.

“CASEY! DID YOU UNDO MY GAUZE AGAIN?!” Freezing in place, the redhead blushed before pushing her head back a bit. “Hey, don’t bark at me! It was the sister’s bitches who took it off again alright!” Furrowing her brow as she watched the younger girl screaming angrily, and the redhead currently snapping back at her, Abby observed the scene silently. She felt like she was missing something important here.

“Alright, fine sit down! I’ll fix it again before you go out. The last thing we can have happen to you is for it to come off in public!” Scoffing, Casey nodded before tugging on the white bandages. “You don’t have to tell me twice. Here, sit down and look pretty while we do this.” She smirked before dropping the startled brunette onto the table much to her anger.

“You didn’t need to drop me!” “Be thankful I chose the table and not the floor…” Glaring at one another, Casey was first to break it as she yipped in pain. Flailing around as Kari’s hand tugged on her ear, the older girl began to throw a fit as she was pulled over towards a small table and stand.

Biting back a smirk, Abby sat down before crossing her legs. It was a little victory, but hell she’d take it. Though… she didn’t know why this Monster was able to get under her skin so easily. She was usually terrified of them at first sight… but with her, she wanted to fight her back when they argued.

‘Get ahold of yourself, Abby… stop picking fight's with Monsters…’ She wanted to survive this ordeal in once piece. Watching the two girls as they moved towards a chair, the brunette began to observe in silence as she let them do whatever it was they needed to do.

Sitting down with a bored expression present over her features, Casey crossed her arms before lifting her left hand up for the witch like she always did. Pulling on the gauze slowly, the little blonde slowly began to tugging it off before the older girl’s head started to move back and forth. Watching in confusion, Abby screeched before cupping her mouth in revulsion as she saw her worst fears realized.

As the last of the bandages were removed, the older girls head wobbled before finally falling forward and coming off… all the way off. Catching her head as it landed perfectly where she had placed her hand; Casey smirked as she heard the terrified screams from the human. “Scare ya did I?”

Turning her arm slowly so the bodiless head was facing her way, Abby could only cup her mouth in horror as she saw the severed head grinning back at her viciously. “Aww, is the little lass going to cry? OWE WHAT THE FUCK KARI!”  Flicking the redheads… well, head, the younger witch frowned before staring at her friend in annoyance.

“Don’t scare her Casey! Of course, something like this would frighten her. You’re a Dullahan after all.” Shivering in fear, Abby shook her head slowly as she began crawling backward's. She really was one… a headless rider, a Dullahan. The harbingers of death. They were a B ranked Monster, and for good reason. They could wield powers unworldly…

If the shadow hadn’t been an indicator before, her head left little to no question about the truth behind what she really was. Snickering giddily as she watched the shrunken girl, Casey grinned happily as she looked at her. “Aww, don’t be scared, I’m sure I can wipe that look off your face. Why don’t we just play a little and see what happens~.”

Sighing, Kari began untangling the bandages as she repaired them. She hated seeing this side of her friend. Picking the girls head up by her red locks, the older girl pouted as she was turned around so she was no longer looking Abby’s way. “Aww Kari, I was just doing what you told me to. Look, I’m trying to be friends!” She cackled before whining as she was flicked once again.

“Ignore her… Casey gets weird when her head isn’t attached, all Dullahan’s act in a similar way when this happens.” She muttered before pointing to the bare neck where her head once laid. Nodding slowly as she looked at the headless body sitting perfectly still, the brunette looked in fascination and contempt as she studied her.

She had read up on Dullahan’s before but actually seeing one was another story in and of itself. Instead of the flesh wound, she expected to see from the grotesque nub of her neck, it was… empty. It looked black like there wasn’t even anything inside of her. However… the floating smoke seemingly rising from her neck was enough to cause a shiver to travel down her spine. She didn’t have a clue what any of that was.

‘S-S-So, c-creepy…’ Shuddering in disgust, the shrunken girl looked away as she tried to ignore what was going on behind her. She didn’t want to see any more. Hell, she’d like to forget it if she could. Tying off the end of the gauze over Casey’s neck, Kari nodded before gently stitching it into her skin, complaints aside.

“H-Hey, watch it! That stings! At least kiss it and make it better or something, you’re ah nasty Doctor!” Plucking the girls head up much to her surprise, the younger girl scowled before pushing it back in place. “Hold still, I don’t want to mess up.” Closing her eyes, Casey bit her tongue as she let her friend work on her.

She had learned from experience that having to redo all this work from scratch could be painful… Wrapping the bindings around and around, the younger girl laced light stitches into her skin every so often before finally tying off the final strips of gauze and stitching them together once again. Adding a final layer to keep the one below in place, the sandy blonde nodded before looking back at the older girl.

“Alright, how does it feel?” Opening her eyes back up, the scowl that had been present before returned before the redhead began twisting and cracking her neck… somehow. “Yep, feels good doc, nice job.” Casey grinned cheekily before patting the younger girl’s head. “I’ll try to keep my head away from tweedle bitch and tweedle cunt next time so you don’t have to do this again.”

Giggling, Kari nodded before looking back to Abby who had been turned away this whole time. “Alright, are you two ready to go out? It’s still early enough in the morning so hopefully, nobody’s outside yet. The cover of the dawn should be enough for you two to move around unnoticed… I think.”

Smirking from the doubt that always laced her friend's words, Casey nodded to the younger girl before moving back to the table. “We’ll be quick about it. Like I said, I don’t want to be around, it, any longer than I have to.” She whispered spitefully before extending her hand down to the shrunken girl for her to climb onto.

Turning around slowly, Abby looked up at the redhead before whimpering. “GET ON ALREADY!” Cringing, the brunette took a few shaky steps forward before screaming in fright as she was shoved forward. “Jeez, take your fucking time why doncha…” She muttered bitterly before clutching the smaller girl gently… sort of.

Raising her hand to protest, Kari soon lowered it before looking down sadly as she saw her friend leaving the cavern. She had given her, her word… She just had to believe in her friend, and hopefully, Abby would come back safely in one piece.

She just prayed that Ebon didn’t find out she was still alive. One way or another… if she did, then the brunette was as good as dead…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Sitting still on the redhead's shoulder, Abby was silent as she felt her fear rising by the second. Ever since they left the cave, she had been blindfolded, and now she didn’t even know where she was. It was still dark outside, and the Dullahan hadn’t said a single thing since they began walking. All she knew for certain was that they were near water, she could feel the dampness in the air.

Cupping her hands tightly the little brunette tried to calm her nerves but it was just no use. She was scared stiff. Kari and Nya… while she didn’t truly trust them, she at least had their bargain to keep her alive. There was no such pact made between Casey and her. What did she have to keep her safe, her word?

‘Yeah, like I’d ever trust a Monster to keep its word…’ She just had to keep praying that their little trip would be over quick before the volatile girl grew too fed up with her. “Alright, we’re far enough away.” Screeching as she was touched from behind, Abby almost screamed before calming somewhat as she realized it was just her blindfold being removed by the giantess.

Narrowing her eyes darkly, Casey pocketed the petite scrap of fabric before crossing her arms. “Now, tell me just where the fuck we are so we can get this over with.” She muttered bitterly. Sniffling, the teenager looked around slowly before noticing the road they were on. It looked familiar, but she wished there was a sign there for guidance. She didn’t leave her town very often.

“W-Well… I think this is harbor road. I-If you follow it south you should reach Darrowford in at least a miles time.” Nodding wordlessly, the little redhead began walking as she crossed her arms behind her head. Eying the child mutely, Abby continued to shiver as she looked at the white fabric beside her. After seeing what lay beneath it, she had been unnerved to be this close to the girl ever since.

Who knew what horrible stuff might claw its way out! Averting her eyes, the smaller girl chose to watch the country road instead. Hopefully, she would find the proper way for them to go so she knew her direction better. She didn’t want to prolong this experience either…

As time passed by between both girls, the sun slowly began to shine as it broke dawn over the horizon. Eying the morning light, Abby sighed silently before closing her eyes. She liked watching the sunrise… though, usually, it was through her small porthole of a window in her tiny room. ‘I wonder if she likes it too…’

Blinking slowly, Abby scrunched her eyes before looking up at Casey. Where did that thought come from? Licking her lips to wet them, the shrunken girl opened her mouth wordlessly before mustering up the courage to speak. “D-Do… do you like-““Not another word.”

Jumping from the harsh tone next to her, Abby cringed before looking up into the Monster’s narrowed eyes. “Don’t ask me stuff. Don’t talk to me unless it’s important to our goal. And don’t act like we’re friends, buddies, chums, acquaintances, partners, or any of the other fucking terms that criteria fall under. I hate ya… and I don’t want to get to know ya. Ya got it Human?”

Her words were dark, a hint of malice laced beneath them. Glaring back at her, Abby nodded before turning away herself. She was right… they weren’t friend. She didn’t need to act like she was a person. She knew better by now. They had a similar objective, nothing more nothing less.

Sitting in absolute silence for the rest of the journey, it was about thirty minutes later, the sun now in the sky if barely breaking the threshold sending a small trail of dimmed light to guide them. Raising her head as a small distance came into view, the brunette smiled slowly as she made out the outline of her village. They had been going the right way after all.

‘Finally…’ Now they just needed to grab what they needed and leave before to many people saw them. She considered the possibility of attempting to get someone’s attention whilst they were there but that idea left as quick as it came. She was three or so inches tall, and in the possession of Monsters…  What odds did a villager have against a Dullahan when even Monster hunters and Knights fear beings as powerful as she?

No… she would play her cards carefully and help the little witch. Then, then she could return to her old life… hopefully…  Approaching the small town, Casey eyed the dreary village before shivering. She really didn’t want to go into any more human settlements. She hated them with a passion after all.

Taking a few steps forward, the redhead sighed before adjusting herself to a more casual pace as to not draw attention. Thankfully it didn’t seem like too many people were out yet. Eyeing the different people carrying goods around, the Dullahan scowled bitterly.

“Alright, talk… where the fucks this shop Kari found. I don’t know how the hell she did it, but all these places look so fucking similar it’s impossible for me to tell.” She muttered under her breath so only Abby could hear her words. Ignoring the slander to her town, the teenager pointed forward.

“Just go two streets down and make a left. It’s close to the center of town. Anyone with half a brain will be able to see which one it is… then again…” Stomping her foot angrily, Casey reached for the shrunken girl before gripping her own hand tightly to restrain herself. “Fuck you, ya ganky bitch!” She snarled before storming down the street in frustration.

Biting back her smirk, Abby sighed as she felt her heart beating quicker. That felt good, foolish, but good. Turning the corner like she had told her to, the brunette’s eyes traveled over to her Master’s shop before her eyes lit up. “There it is! Home sweet… h-home…?”

Eying the build quietly, Casey paused her walk before stopping altogether as she saw people moving in and out of it. “The fuck? Didn’t you say your owner was gone or some shit?” Scowling, Abby nodded as she ignored the rude way she put it. Something was off. There was no way he was back yet… so, who were all these people?

“Go find out what’s going on. Somethings not right here.” “ARE YE AWAY WITH THE FAIRIES?! There’s not a chance I’m just futtin' it over there and introducing meself to you Humans. Ya think I got a death wish!” She barked angrily.

Furrowing her brow as she pieced together what she meant from her obscure turn of phrase, Abby looked up at her sternly. “Do you want to help your Kitsune! Hmm? Then march over there and go see what’s going on! I… I have a bad feeling about this, ok…” Grinding her teeth, Casey looked up at the people once more before punching the building beside her.

“Fuck you… you’re a pain in the arse ya know that?” She was really getting pissed off now. This wasn’t part of the plan! Pulling her black collar up a bit higher so the shrunken girl couldn’t be seen, Casey began walking over towards the group of people before looking around at the small crowd.

The door to the building was wide open, and people were coming in and going out with supplies seemingly helping themselves. Observing in silence, the redhead looked to one of the men trying to make his way inside before she walked up to him begrudgingly.

“'Hey mister, what’s everyone doin here? Isn’t it kind of early?” Turning his head confused, the lanky fellow took one look at the child before scoffing. “Go on back home lass, this ain’t none of ya business. Some shop keep left his place, and he ain’t coming back.” Narrowing her eyes, Casey crossed her arms before looking around at all the people…

It was slowly becoming clearer just what was happening here. “So the owner left, ay? So why did he leave all his stuff jus lying aroun? And why doncha think he’ll be coming back? I reckon he’ll be mad to seeing his place all a sundered.”

Pushing the child away, the man ignored her inquiries as he rushed into the building followed by many others. Tugging on her collar, the redhead looked down to make sure her little stowaway had heard all that before freezing up. Watching in absolute silence, Abby cupped her mouth as she watched the scene in front of her in disbelief.

This… this wasn’t real. This couldn’t be real. I-I-It had to be a dream… There was no way these people would just… be taking things from him. No, not to her Master! Seeing the silent shock the brunette was in, Casey sighed before stepping past the crowds to make her way inside. Looking around, her eyes hardened now as she saw the chaotic mess she had walked into.

The floors were cracked, walls and windows were broken and torn. And miscellaneous items and oddities were cast aside and shattered on the floor in a rush as people carried items out of the abandoned building. Shaking her head slowly, Casey pulled her collar open once again so Abby got a good look around.

“S-S-Stop… w-why… why a-are you all, doing this…?” It was but a faint whisper but the Dullahan heard her all the same. Moving towards one of the people currently lifting a small iron-bound chest upwards, the redhead tapped his shoulder. “Hey, where did the doc go? Isn’t he coming back?” Scoffing, the man grunted as he pulled the heavy object up to his shoulder before turning away.

“Who cares kid, just look around? This place is a gold mine. It’s the old paddy’s fault for leaving it all. Shame on him, and on his lass.” He laughed before walking away from her. Standing in the midst of it all, Casey was solemn as she watched them. This came as no surprise to her at all. She knew what Humans were capable of after all… but to Abby…

Raising her shaking hand forward, the brunette opened and closed her mouth as she tried to speak, tried to say something… tried to stop them... but she was just to stunned by what was happening before her. Her home… her Master’s shop… their life! It was being pillaged… ransacked before her very eyes… and these people, the people her Master helped… the ones he looked after, they were doing it to him.

This was wrong… this was his Village! Gritting her teeth, Abby glared angrily at all the people moving about the shop but, she just didn’t know how to process this. “Monsters… heh, and you thought we were them.” Freezing up, the smaller girl looked up sullenly at the redheads darkened face. "Greed is a nasty desire... its contagious, and disgusting. You Humans seem to harbor it more often then naught, though. Shame.... ain't it?"

Moving around the shop as she searched herself, the Dullahan soon came to one of the cabinets that hadn’t been completely destroyed or pilfered as she gazed over dozens of small vials. “Hey, Human… which one is it? Is this the stuff you need?” Looking down at Abby angrily as she didn’t respond, Casey flicked the smaller girl knocking her down in the process.

“Hey! Get it together here. We need to get what we came for and get the fuck out!” She snapped… however… Lowering her gaze, the younger girl bit her tongue as she saw tears streaming down the shrunken girl's cheeks. She could tell this was killing her on the inside. Clenching her fists, the redhead cursed before pulling open Kari’s bag.

Forcing as many items in as she could, the redhead nodded as she saw one in particular that looked promising. “This, is this it! It has that flower on it you need, right? Right! For fuck's sake, answer me!” Casey snapped. Looking down slowly as the world around her deafened, Abby gazed at the small vial in the giantess’s hand before nodding slowly.

That was the Dandelion extract… But what did it matter… Stuffing it into the bag altogether, Casey nodded before getting up to leave. However… hearing a faint whimpering near her right ear, she paused mid-step before looking down at Abby… she was crying.

Tsking, she shook her head before walking out of the shop… but… Stopping near the entrance once again, the redhead bit her lip before growling angrily. “Fuckin hell…” Storming back in, she began traversing the building, avoiding the human’s around her as best she could as she searched. This was the humans home right? She had to have some kind of a room.

Heading up the stairs, Casey soon came to a small door before pulling it open. But, just like the rest of the building… it had been pilfered. Judging by the clothing tossed aside, she assumed it was the right room, though. But... it didn't seem like there was very much left for her to salvage. Looking over the small cubby, the redhead was about to shut the door before something caught her attention. Something was sticking out from under the mattress-less bedframe.

Kneeling down so she didn’t toss the vacant girl off her, the Dullahan reached under before pulling… a book out? Standing back up, her brow furrowed as she flipped it over. Inside, was writing, and sketches of… Narrowing her eyes, the younger girl flipped it around as she read some of its contents. Sighing, she moved it over to her bag before pausing once more.

“I-Is there something here you want me to grab for you…? Something else?” Hearing nothing but the pitiful tears the Human was still making, Casey shook her head. “Useless…” Storming down the steps, the redhead ignored the people once again before forcing her way outside the building and eventually out of the town.

 

This place… it was making her sick to her stomach. And after what they witnessed, it probably felt the same to her…

 

 

To be continued…

 

 

End Notes:

 

Well... that escalated quickly. I can't wait to get to the next chapter, :D

Please tell me what you think. the reviews I've gotten over the last couple chapters have made me feel like i'm on cloud nine :)

 

thats probably the reason i'm writing so much :P

 

So, i'll see you soon!

 

No sense losing your head over it. by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

Welcome back guys, i'm glad to be updating so soon again. :D

I think I found a pattern why some chapters might be coming out quicker then others... but don't worry about that, thats for me to know and you to maybe find out if you really care that much. :P

I had planned on letting this chapter grow longer but I believe where I ended it fit perfectly for whats to come next. I can't promise the next chapter will be out as soon since there's some important detaisl I need to selectivly add in, so it might take a bit.

But for now, enjoy this and whats to come. :)

 

 

 

 

Leaving Darrowford with little to no difficulty after the majority of its populace were either still sleeping, or too busy with other… activities, Casey made her way north before eventually coming to the same fork in the road she had used originally that lead back to where their hidden encampment was located. Coming to a stop, the Dullahan looked down in silence as she saw her little passenger sitting curled up on her shoulder, her face hidden in her knee’s as she cried softly.

She hadn’t changed at all since they had left. Sighing, the redhead reached into her pocket before pulling out a small scrap of cloth. “Hey… will ya knock it off already? Ya can’t change what’s happened. It’s not like it’s your fault that ya Humans are backstabbin, lousy, good for nothing Monsters… So, stop it already!”

Gritting her teeth as she saw the brunette continue to hide her face, the younger girl sighed again before tucking the cloth back in her pocket. If she wanted to cover her own eyes fine, it was no skin off her back. Continuing her quickening pace, Casey went off the trail before entering the dense forests that resided on both ends of the road.

For normal people they’d probably be a pain to navigate, but, not for her kind. After about a mile in, it wasn’t long till the younger girl heard something that made her stop dead in her tracks. It was just a faint whisper… but it was enough to cause her to clench her fists angrily.

“I-If this is what we are… t-then I’d rather be dead, then be one of them.” Narrowing her eyes, Casey looked down at her shoulder as she saw the smaller girl on lying on her side, her puffy cheeks red and swollen from her tears. It was a frail resemblance of the human she had met earlier.

“Take, take that back…” Sniffling, Abby shook her head as she continued to shiver. “I… I hate, I hate them all… f-for what they did to him. I’d sooner die then-“ Screeching as her sentence was cut off, Abby’s eyes beaded in surprise as she was snatched up off of the child’s shoulder before Casey raised her over her face.

“I said take it back!” Looking up at the Dullahan shocked, the smaller girl lowered her gaze slowly as her depression began to return. “W-Why… why does it matter, what I say? You don’t care anyways…” Screaming as she was flung downward, the brunette clung to the girl's fingers as she was suddenly moving again.

Stomping over to one of the lower hanging trees near her, Casey cursed under her breath angrily before sitting down and bringing the panicked girl back up. “You’re right, I don’t care! But don’t ya ever say somethin’ that dense again ya dumb Human. A life is a life, no matter who it belongs to. Don’t toss words like suicide around for nothin!”

Looking up at the younger girl completely at a loss for words, Abby lowered her gaze, her eyes for some reason unable to meet the redheads. “B-But I-“ “FOR NOTHIN’!” Shrinking a bit, (were that possible) the older girl nodded. Shaking her head, Casey scoffed before rubbing the back of her neck.

“So what if ya owner lost his shop. So what if the damned ingrates stole from him. He’s got his life and that’s enough! He’ll salt the wound and get on with it. Saying something like you said for what had happened it right pisses me off!” She snapped.

“B-B-But… but he did lose his life!” Abby interjected, a fresh wave of tears streaming down her cheeks now as she ripped the bandages right off her freshly made wound. “HE… HE DEDICATED HIS LIFE! HIS, LIFE FOR THEM! HE GAVE THEM HIS YEARS, HIS TIME, HIS EVERYTHING! He… he helped others in need… he helped me when I was alone… he, he saved me… And, and I couldn’t do anything but let him down!” Abby screamed before hanging her head in shame.

Lowering her hand onto her dress, Casey nodded slowly as she saw where that earlier statement had come from. “Then it ain’t them yer mad at…” Sniffling, the smaller girl shook her head before clenching her fists. “I… I left the shop open… I left it alone… w-w-when K-Kari came in… It’s m-my fault…” She stuttered out softly before curling back into a ball.

Resting her chin on her hand, Casey hummed thoughtfully before shaking her head. “Ya left a door open. Ya, let a child in need in. Ya left to help someone… kind ah. Out of all the things that happened, I don’t see ya backstabbing the old man. It ain’t ya fault ya eejit… Given it would be closer to ours than yours… But, even then it’s none of ours either. The only people ya have to truly blame are the Humans who are doin it right now. They know what their doin. They ain’t holdin themselves back. Ya can’t say their actions are your fault too, now can ya?”

Wiping her cheeks off, Abby was silent as she let the younger girls words sink in. It didn’t matter what she thought… it was her fault. She failed… “Even if ya think the worst is here, aw, sure look it don’t it? It ain’t the end of the bloody world. Now, don’t ya ever let me hear ya say those words again, or I’ll give ya a baytin’s so bad you’ll have something real ta fear!” Casey muttered darkly.

Leveling her eyes now, Abby looked up at the younger girl before feeling the words slip out she had been thinking since they had first started… whatever this was. “W-Why are you telling me this…? Why… why are you trying to make me feel better? You hate me… I know you do. S-So why?”

Keeping her gaze indifferent to the smaller girl, Casey was silent for a long moment before she closed her eyes. “Hell if I know. The lot ah good it’ll do for a whiny Human like yerself. But, I figured it would bother me more ta hear ya weepin all the way back.” Looking up at the Dullahan quietly, Abby lowered her head before a small smile made its way to her face.

“T-Thanks… I think.” “Shut it! Let’s get back already. We want to beat Ebon that’s for sure. She’ll be right done by now with her huntin. Pray she had a good catch and she can’t smell ya, otherwise, we’ll both be on the menu tonight.” The redhead chuckled before moving her hand back up to her shoulder.

Stepping off Casey’s hand, Abby was quiet for a moment as she got situated, her thoughts going over all that had been said. “Do… Do you think, I failed him…?” Sighing as she stood up, the younger girl stretched her arms out before reached back and flicking the shrunken teen on the head, much to her surprise.

“I said shut it! That’ll be just the beginnings of what’s to come if I hear another peep out of ya. Let it sleep Abby, it ain’t worth fretting over.” Continuing where she had left off, Casey crossed her arms behind her head once again as she continued her light pace back, all the while unaware of what she had just said.

 

But… the brunette didn’t miss it. After all, that was the first time she had called her by her real name…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“How far out would you say we are?”

 

 “Hell if I know.”

 

“W-W-Wait, b-but you’re leading us!”

 

 “So…?”

 

“SO?! THEN YOU SHOULD KNOW WHERE WE’RE GOING!”

 

 “I KNOW WHERE THE BLOODY HELL I’M GOIN!”

 

 “THEN WHY DID YOU SAY SO!?”

 

 

Butting heads with the redhead, Abby growled angrily up at Casey as they looked around where they were. She was beginning to think the Dullahan didn’t, in fact, know the way back. “I’m telling you we’re going the wrong way!” “AN' 'OY WOULD YA EVEN KNOW THAT? YA WAS BLINDFOLDED YA DUMB TWAT!”

Pointing to the oceans west of them, the brunette crossed her arms aggressively. “I smelled the sea breeze when we passed it. We’re too far out now. You’re going away from the water!” Tsking, Casey rubbed the back of her head before looking away.

“Dumb lass, can’t even tell an ocean from a puddle…” Stomping her foot, Abby was about to retort before the girl relented and turned around. “Fine, I recall water to… we might as well get it over with ta prove ya wrong.” Nodding her head, Abby smiled before the last of the girl's words caught up with her.

“H-HEY!” Smirking, Casey crossed her arms before looking around. Of course, she had to take a short cut. Why bother taking the usual route Najia had shown them when she could cut out a couple miles to save time. Sighing, she rubbed the back of her neck gently before feeling her hand poked.

“Knock it off.” Blinking, Casey looked down at Abby in surprise before scowling. “The fuck are ya talkin’ about?” “Don’t rub the bandages or you’ll loosen your stitches. Kari told you not to do that, remember?” Groaning, the redhead hung her head before clenching her face. “Oh for fuck's sake, not ye to. Are ya gonna lecture me like the wee boyd does now?!”

Nodding her head, Abby smirked as she heard the younger girl groan louder. “Fuck me, it’s like having ah tinier Kari trailing me around all over again.” She had thought that phase of her life was over. Crossing her arms over her kneecaps, Abby thought over her words for a moment before thinking back to the little witch at hand.

“Can I ask you something?” “No.” “How did this Kitsune of yours come to raise the four of you?” Slowing down her pace a bit, Casey frowned as her question was asked anyways. “Well, that’s a bit complicated ta answer. First off, let me break the notion it’s just the four of us.”

Furrowing her brow, the brunette was about to ask before the Dullahan gave her a knowing look. “W-Wait… so there’s, more of you in there?” Nodding her head, Casey smirked as she saw disbelief written over the shrunken girl’s features. “Yup, our numbers have grown a lot over the years. Take that four of yours and triple it. That’ll be a bit more accurate to our numbers.” She laughed before stiffening.

‘THE FUCK DID I TELL HER THAT FOR?!’ She had just told a human how many of their kind was in hiding! Scowling, a bit, Casey rubbed the back of her neck with worry before looking back down at Abby. She looked, thoughtful about her statement… but, not like she was plotting. Scratching her cheek, the redhead sighed softly before quickening her pace once again.

Thankfully it didn’t seem like she had any more- “Do you all live in separate rooms like Kari and Nya?” “Oh for fuck's sake just shut up already!” jumping a bit, Abby looked up at Casey confused before seeing the doubt in her eyes. “Why do you care what we do or how we live our lives? It’s none of your concern... so bud out.”

Lowering her gaze, Abby sat quietly before shaking her head. “S-Sorry… I just wanted to talk a little. I didn’t mean to pry. I know you don’t like us… us humans.” Souring a bit, Casey bit her tongue as she looked away. She was under no obligation to speak. Especially not to some no good, bloody Human…

Frowning, the redhead chewed on her tongue before clenching her eyes. ‘What the fuck’s goin on with me?’ “We don’t get along, ok?” Looking up, Abby turned her head to the side a bit as she tried to figure out the younger girl’s words. “Y-You mean, with the other girls?”

Nodding quietly, the younger girl crossed her arms before looking away. “We Hominal don’t much care for other kinds of races. We stick to our own and let bygones be bygones. Bestials are about the same, but on rare occasions, they stick in packs with other types for safety or numbers.  Our very nature right now is warped. So we just avoid one another, simple as that.”

Thinking over the child’s words, Abby shook her head slowly. “But, I don’t understand. Don’t all Mon- err, Hominal and Bestial get along? Aren’t you supposed to be the same?” Snorting, Casey burst into a loud fit of laughter causing the smaller girl to jump back in surprise.

Clutching her stomach, Casey continued to chuckle before wiping her eyes dry. That was hilarious! “Y-Yeah, we’re one big fuckin family! A-And, and don’t all ye Human’s do the same then? What do ya live together, eat together, love one another? Every one of ya? The bakers, the smiths, and…” She paused before flashing the smaller girl a cruel smile.

“The killers?” Looking back at Casey, Abby scowled as she thought over her statement. “W-Well… we, we do get along… I suppose. But, that’s a bit different. What do you mean by killers?” Shaking her head, the Dullahan sighed before propping her hands behind her head.

“Ya may look older than me, but I swear ya but a child.” Ignoring her comment, the brunette chose to listen in favor of battling with her own words again. “If ya live with people who steal from one another, ya won’t trust each other. If ya live with people who kill one another, ya will want to kill first before you end up dyin. Ya Humans live with Humans, just like we live with OUR, own kind. Not all of us are the same ya eejit. Dullahan with Dullahan, Human with Human…”

Lowering her head now, Abby nodded as it started to make sense. Certain species of Monster didn’t get along with others. They each kept to their own unique races.  She had never thought of it like that before, but the redhead kind of had a point. Not all humans lived together in that same sense either. And they certainly didn’t live alongside Monsters. Who’s to say that they didn’t do the same with other Monsters?

“So… do you not trust each other then?” Shaking her head, Casey groaned before stopping once again. “Ya won’t shut up will ya? Sheesh, if I knew you’d be this chatty I’d be in favor of having ya cry some more instead.” Scowling, Abby ignored her once more as she listened. This was very insightful to the world of Monsters… the world she was beginning to believe she hardly knew anything about.

“All our species have their own agenda, just like ya Humans do. Now I know ya have a tiny brain in that tiny body of yours, but try and wrap your head around the fact that not all of our agendas match.” Groaning, Abby hung her head as she was talked down to yet again. It seemed like she was beginning to find a commonality with her bashing their kind.

“So if you all hate each other then why are you all together then?” Freezing up mid-step, Casey stiffened as she listed to the smaller girl’s words. She hadn’t been prepared for a question like that. “Uh… w-well…” Looking up at the redhead confused, Abby soon grew worried as she saw something new on the mouthy girl’s features… sadness.

 “I’d… I’d rather we not talk about it. I’ve said enough already. Let’s just get back…” Frowning, Abby nodded before looking down. Did she cross some type of line? Looking back over to the ocean as it came into view, the shrunken teen continued to peek up between the Dullahan and their surroundings… but she didn’t seem as loose-lipped anymore.

‘To bad… I kind of felt like I was talking with a Human and not a Monster…’ Feeling guilt immediately after that thought, Abby shook her head. Why was she feeling such conflicting emotions whenever she thought of them like that? They were Monsters after all… or this Hominal and Beastial things they liked to call themselves. They hurt humans, and apparently each other… So why, was it beginning to bug her?

She didn’t honestly have an answer to that… Walking in silence one again, Casey glanced down to her shrunken passenger before closing her eyes. She was glad the brunette had dropped it. There were parts of their lives all of them wanted to forget. It was no use having her bring them up since she was just going to leave after everything was said and done… one way or another.

Stumbling through the foliage around her as she tried to get to the coastline, the Dullahan soon broke through the greenery before her eyes lit up. “Oh fuckin finally, I thought we’d never get back.” Blinking, Abby looked around before nodding slowly. She had been right, they were by the beach. Sniffing the air, she nodded once more. Even the scents around her smelled the same. She knew she hadn’t been wrong. It was hard to misplace such a thing as the salty air of a sea breeze.

“Alright, if we came west of here, then that just means we need to go south-“ “North,” “Shut up, I know that!” Hearing the redhead cursing under her breath as they walked, Abby closed her eyes before chuckling. “I bet you’re glad I’m here now, aren’t you?” “Fuck off!”

Yep, she was glad. Watching as they began to press forward towards a large set of cliffs, the brunette frowned. They were staying in some type of cave system. Was this it? If so it surprised her greatly. She didn’t think there were any canyons near her town. It was mostly marshy wetlands with the ocean a few miles off.

“Alright, now I know where we are.” Looking up at the redhead as she grinned, the Dullahan quickened her pace. “Right, let's hurry back so you can make that magic mumbo jumbo and heal up Najia, alright?” Scowling at her work being called mumbo jumbo, Abby was about to bite back before noticing something strange…

They had stopped moving. “C-Casey?” Standing as stiff as a board, the younger girl gazed off into the distance for a moment before narrowing her eyes. “H-Hey, what’s the mat-““Shush!” Going silent, Abby nodded as she looked around as well. Was there something there?

Gulping silently, the redhead looked to the sky before visibly paling. “S-S-Shit, shit, shit, shit she’s back!” Looking back where the Dullahan had been peering prior, the brunette tried to see what she had seen but she wasn’t given the chance.

Snatching the smaller girl off her shoulder, Casey broke into a sprint as she tried to make some distance between them before it was too late. “Fuck me, she’s here already?! I thought I had time, that lousy hunter…” Glancing back over her shoulder again, the redhead growled. She wasn’t going to make it to the cave in time.

She had to think! Time was running out. It was just a matter of time till she saw her. Hell, she probably already did with her damned lizard eyes. The real issue was with that fucking nose! She would smell the smaller human the moment she got within running distance. She had to think, think of something, anything!

Screeching to a standstill halt, much to her buckling legs dismay, Casey’s eyes beaded before she grit her teeth, her cheeks flushing red with embarrassment. “FUCKING HELL!”  Moving to the side so she was out of view if only by a bit, the redhead kneeled down before dropping the startled, miniature girl onto the ground between her feet.

Stumbling as she was placed into the sand, Abby groaned as she tried to regain her senses. She was practically tossed around in every direction! “W-W-What the hell was that about. Casey? C-Casey…” Looking upwards in confusion, the brunette’s features suddenly darkened as she saw a rather obscene sight presented to her.

Kneeling over the shrunken human, the redhead blushed furiously as her stitched hand moved over her crotch. Watching in morbid curiosity, the teen’s face immediately lit up as she watched the fabric of her white panties suddenly fade away till just her exposed privates were displayed to her. ‘W-W-What h-happened to her c-clothes?!’

They just vanished before her eyes! Glancing over her shoulder once again, Casey shivered before looking down at Abby apologetically. “S-S-Sorry!”

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Crashing down into the sand, dirt flew in every direction as a small black form rose from her rapid descent. “Three minutes and 17 seconds… no signs of improvement…” Dusting herself off from the seemingly horrific fall she had, Ebon adjusted her shoulders before folding her wings behind her. Perhaps tomorrow would bring a better day.

Glancing down to her left, the little dragon girl observed the two rabbits she had caught before closing her eyes. Hopefully, Najia would get well soon. She couldn’t keep this up without flying. And regrettably, that just wasn’t in her near future. Looking beside her as her crimson eyes zeroed in on the other person near her, the little dragoness began making her way over to her as she observed her curiously.

“Casey, I didn’t take you as one to leave the nest so freely. Why are you out here?” Clenching her fists, the redhead raised her hand in the air before extending a certain finger towards the younger girl angrily. “Can’t you see I’m taking a piss here, get gone! Sheesh, I come all the way out here to not be disturbed and I have ya spying on me!”

Ignoring the older girl’s words, Ebon’s nose twitched slightly before she turned away. “Clean yourself before coming back inside...” Walking past the Dullahan as she laced her words with the varies curses she was already accustomed to, the noirette made her way back to their home. She wasn’t going to bother with trying to figure out what was going through that headless girl's mind.

 

If she wanted her privacy, she had plenty back in the cave. But, what did she care? She wasn’t her responsibility… well, not like Ivy at least.

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Feeling her bladder just beginning to empty, Casey looked over her shoulder fearfully before letting out a sigh of relief as she watched the younger girl walk out of site. “Damned lizard, I thought I was done for the minute she came waltzin over here.” Looking between her legs, the Dullahan rubbed the back of her head sheepishly as she gazed down at the mess she had made beneath her.

 

“S-So… It's a little late to tell ya to hold ye breath, isn't it?”

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

“Look I said I’m sorry, can’t ya just drop it already?”

 

“BITE ME!”

 

“Oh for cryin out loud, would ya knock it off! For fucks sakes, it was just a splash.”

 

“LIKE HELL I’LL DROP IT, YOU PEED ON ME!”

 

“WELL, WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO, LET YA BE FOUND! SHE CAN SMELL YA, YA DUMBASS!”

 

“YOU COULD HAVE BURIED ME IN THE SAND TO BLOCK OUT MY SCENT!”

 

“Oh… I hadn’t thought of that actually...”

 

Smiling coyly as she sat over Najia, Kari giggled as she heard both her friend and Abby screaming at each other as the redhead bathed the smaller girl in one of the streams that lined the walls of their cave. She hadn’t been privileged to whatever had brought this on, but it was kind of funny to hear. It also helped with the mood greatly.

Looking down at the blonde before her, the little witch sighed sadly. “Drink this Najia and rest. It's our turn to look after you now.” Pouring the medicine down her throat, the younger girl tilted her head so it went down easier. This wouldn’t be a one stop cure, but it sure would make their lives a lot easier with treating her from here on out.

It really was lucky the brunette had come around to helping her. She had never thought about red blood cells or trying to reproduce them. Looking back at Casey as she screamed profanities at the equally enraged Abby, Kari giggled once more.

“You know she’s right, you could have hidden her underground to mask her scent, Casey.” “OH FUCK OFF YA BOYD WANE!” “And Abby you should be more thankful to her. Ammonia will mess with a Dragon’s sense of smell like nothing else.” “I’M NOT GOING TO FORGIVE HER FOR PISSING ON ME!”

Shrugging her shoulders, Kari sighed. She tried to defend both their points but, oh well. Scrubbing down her hair as she rinsed out the last of the younger girls waste, Abby growled as she scraped a small stone over her skin as a sort of makeshift sponge. She could wash her urine off sure, but the smell would be sticking with her for quite some time. Not to mention her dress was totally ruined.

Glancing down at the ratty rag of clothing she had been given as it soaked in the waters beside her, the brunette sighed. It wasn’t much to look at but she shuddered to put it back on after how it ended up. “HEY KARI, I DON’T SUPPOSE YOU HAVE ANOTHER DRESS MADE… Do you?” the shrunken girl called out loudly over the roaring waters.

Moving the bowl she had been carrying back over to the table, the little blonde shook her head sadly. “Sorry Abby, that was it. B-B-But I’ll make you a new one right away, alright?” Nodding begrudgingly, the teenager sighed before dunking her head underwater.

Shaking away the last of the grime that had found its way onto her, she nodded before coming back up for air. “Hey Casey, I’m done now, take me out.” Scoffing as she laid beside the rocks, the redhead lowered her hand into the water before pulling the shivering girl from her bath. “So, do ya forgive me now?” “No.”

Growling, Casey got up angrily before storming back over to the table. “Fucking hell, you're ungrateful ya know that? I save ya and this is the thanks I get. Next time I’ll chuck ya into the ocean, how does that sound?” Snarling even more as she was blatantly ignored by the brunette, the redhead flicked her off her hand before walking away from the table.

“WELL FUCK YA TO! I’ll sit next to the damned cat. At least she’ll appreciate the company!” Casey ranted angrily as she made her way over to Nya who had been sleeping through this all since they had returned. Shaking off the water over her naked body, Abby jumped in surprise as she felt something warm placed around her. “H-Here, this should dry you off faster and cover you up to. L-Like I said it will take a little time to make you something new to wear. We… we don’t really have a lot of supplies down here as you’d imagine.”

Smiling up at the child thankfully, Abby sat down before drying her hair off. “Just as long as I can get something and I’m not stuck like this I’ll be good. I still can’t believe she did that to me…” Nodding her head, Kari smiled sheepishly before looking over to her two friends.

“Give her some credit. Would you rather be six feet under water or six feet underground?” “If that water is yellow and smells like death then I pick neither.” Giggling, the younger girl grinned before moving next to her.

“She said she was sorry, come on, please forgive her!” Looking up at the little witch, Abby sighed before glancing to the Dullahan currently being ignored by the Neko as well. “Fine… I forgive her. B-B-But next time she needs to ask me before she does something like that!” Crossing her heart, Kari grinned before patting the smaller girls head. “I’ll make her aware.”

Standing up and tucking the small cloth over her chest, the brunette began trekking the table before reaching the end shortly. “So how’s her condition now? Is she breathing easier?” Nodding happily, Kari smiled down at her warmly as she began going over the effects that were beginning to take place. “I think whatever it was you gave her is already taking effect. She’s stopped sweating as much and her breathings become less rugged. It’s a miracle really!”

Smiling thoughtfully, Abby nodded as she gazed over the Kitsune. ‘A miracle indeed…’ The medicine they made should have taken about a day to have noticeable effects, yet she seemed to already have taken to it the moment it entered her body. Perhaps Kitsune’s had stronger immune systems than other creatures. Either that or they just naturally healed fast.

All and all, it pointed to her getting out of here sooner, though. “H-H-Hey… Abby…?” Looking way from the unconscious girl and up at the younger one, the brunette nodded as she saw sadness written over Kari’s face. “I… I’m sorry, about everything that happened to your Master’s clinic. I… I-It’s my fault, isn’t it?” She sniffled, before shivering slowly.

Feeling her breath hitch as her memories began coming back, Abby lowered her gaze as she mulled over the child’s words. ‘She kidnapped me… left the door open on her way out… and drew a crowd to our home with her very presence…’ The fault was definitely there…

But, it was someone else’s words that made her realize, that it wasn’t hers. “N-No Kari… it’s not your fault.” Sniffling as tears dripped down her cheeks, the blonde kneeled down till her face was resting right in front of hers. “A-A-Are you s-sure? I… I could have done something… different. I, I… I could have-“

Raising her hand up to silence her, Abby shook her head solemnly before looking away bitterly. “It’s not your fault. If anyone’s to blame… it’s both the people of my town… and me…” Clutching the table sadly, Kari shook her head furiously before sniveling. “Don’t say it’s your fault, I shrank you and took you here! You didn’t do anything!”

Chuckling morbidly, the teen simply shook her head. “I… I left the door open… the door that let you in. I screamed witch… and people came. I, I did things… wrong, Kari. And this is the price I'm forced to pay.” Screaming in surprise as something slammed down next to her, Abby fell over in fright before paling as she saw Casey standing over her, her expression void of emotion.

“And what did I tell ya about talkin like that?” Looking between both girls, Kari sputtered before waving her hands defensively. “W-W-Wait, I, I asked her and-““ZIP IT! THIS IS BETWEEN ME AND HER!” Shrinking from her friend’s words, the little witch frowned before looking back down at Abby.

Crossing her arms darkly, the redhead shook her head before grinding her teeth. “Blamin yerself is like tryin to blame ah natural disaster for wreckin shit. Ya have no power over that, just like ya have no power over this.” Opening her mouth to speak, Abby swiftly found herself silenced as she was clench on all sides by the volatile girl’s hands.

“I’m not done! I told ya to knock that shit off earlier, but it’s clear ya won’t so yer comin with me.” Yelping as she was brought down to the Dullahan’s side, Abby struggled in the younger girls grip, but that did her no good.

Panicking as she saw her friend beginning to leave the cavern, Kari tried to interject but one hostile look from the redhead made her shrink back in fear. “I won’t hurt her damn it! So piss off and let me leave!” Nodding timidly, Kari whimpered as she saw her friend taking the shrunken girl with her.

 

She didn’t know what it was that set her off so much… but she just hoped Casey didn’t do something she’d come to regret later…

 

 

 

To be continued.

 

 

End Notes:

 

Well I hope you liked it. I know that these chapters might not be as long as some of the others but like I said, I thought this was a perfect place to stop it for whats coming next so please tell me your thoughts thus far.

You know I adore your words and I love how insightful you've all been so far. :D

It's really made me happy to write for you. :3

I'll try updating soon so stay tuned!

Comfort in tragedy... by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

HI :D

 

Back with a new chapter. Took me a little longer for this one then it did with some of the other ones but I think that might be for the best. I don't know if everyone is able to keep up with my story when I post every other day so I'm going to reel it back a bit to maybe one chapter a week from now on.

Hopefully this will make it easier so people don't think my story's just been up for awile. xD

 

This chapter will be a bit longer as you'll soon find out so if there's some errors... which I've come to terms with already, I'm sorry. I tried to nip a lot of them in the bud, but my program I use didn't know how to filter accents... so... yeah.

 

But, enough chatting. Enjoy :D

 

 

 

"W-Where are you t-taking me?"

 

 "Shut up."

 

 "P-P-Please, I -I'm sorry, let's just go back…"

 

"I said shut up!"

 

 

Whimpering quietly as she was imprisoned in Casey's hand, Abby looked up at her in the illuminated darkness as she marched down the cramped tunnels leading to who knows where. She had tried to get the Dullahan to take her back repeatedly, but nothing seemed to work. What had set her off so much? She didn't understand!

Looking up into the younger girl's darkened face, the brunette tried to speak again already knowing what the outcome would be. "W-What are you going to do to me?" Sighing, Casey shook her head before pushing her thumb over the smaller girl's face to silence her by force. She just wouldn't stop talking!

"I'm takin ya somewhere, now shut up! I don't want one of the others to hear ya." She whispered before rounding a corner of a small intersecting cavern. Hopefully, no one else would disturb her. She had a few things to discuss with the little human if she was going to be staying here with them…

After her short decent, the redhead came to her familiar cave as she entered her own personal chambers. "Alright, we're deep enough in now. No one should be able to hear either of us…" Gulping, Abby looked up timidly at the younger girl as she processed her words. They didn't sound threating really… but they still frightened her.

She was out of distance from Kari and Nya… and Casey was still a wild card to her. "This is my room… in a way. I picked it out because of the location. Only Kari and Najia know how to get here, so we'll be alone for a bit. Now... let's talk." She whispered seriously before moving over to a small cot in the corner of the room.

As the pair entered inward, Abby's eyes scanned the cavern. It was much different than Kari's or Nya's had been. Smaller by scale, the walls were higher, in the end, leaving to a sort of funnel shape with the same glowing fungi that lined the ceilings of all the other caves. No ponds or other waterways were present in this one but the brunette could hear water roaring behind one of the walls, most likely from the other side.  It had no inner crevices or smaller dug out holes either. All and all, it was just kind of plain, minus a bed, a small table near the center, and a few boxes off in the corner.

If she didn't know any better, the teenager would have though she had just moved in a few days prior. Flopping onto her small mat, Casey sighed before hanging her head. Screaming in surprise as she was suddenly released, Abby tumbled onto the musty blankets before regaining her bearings. "S-Stop dropping me like that!" She always set her down that way!

Looking up tiredly, Casey smirked before closing her eyes. "Ya have a mouth on ya. Hell, it's kind of funny given yer circumstances." She chuckled before leaning back against the wall. Shivering in the darkness, Abby pulled the tiny cloth closer to her naked frame as she looked up at the younger girl. Something seemed… different than usual about her.

She seemed almost, exhausted. "C-Casey…?" Cracking open an eye, the redhead looked down before nodding. "S-Sorry, a bit drained if ya know what I mean. It's been a week now since Najia gave me my energy. I haven't refilled since…" She mumbled tiredly before leaning up.

"E-E-Energy…? D-Do you mean food?" Scoffing, Casey shook her head before leveling her gaze with the smaller girl. "I thought ya studied our kind or somethin. Don't tell me ya don't even know what energy is." Shaking her head slowly, Abby frowned before looking away. "I… I don't study Monsters, so I don't know what you're talking about. W-What gave you the impression tI did…?"

Raising her brow, Casey moved her hand towards her side before pulling open Kari's satchel. She had meant to give it back to the little witch earlier but things kind of escalated after Ebon arrived. Fishing through the nearly limitless bag, the Dullahan eventually found what she had been searching for. Watching curiously as a small leather-bound book was brought out; Abby gawked silently as she saw what it was.

"T-T-That's my medical journal!" When did she even grab it? Had it been back in Darrowford when… when they found everyone looting her Master's shop? Sulking at the realization, the brunette was brought back to reality as Casey's fingers flicked her forehead. "H-H-HEY!"

Rubbing the bridge of her nose, Casey sighed before setting the book down. "Look, ya need to stop this. Ya keep baytin on yerself and that just ain't healthy. Take it from someone who's had to live with mistakes… holdin on to them will only bring ya down further. And coming back up from that spiral is nigh impossible." She whispered quietly before rubbing her tired eyes.

Shaking quietly, Abby looked up at the younger girl angrily now. "W-What do you know about Mistakes? How do you know what it's like to let the only person you care for down!" Regretting her words the very moment after she spoke them, the teenager shrunk from the hateful glare she was being given now. Narrowing her verdant eyes, the Dullahan leaned up before crossing her arms.

"What do I know? You know nothing about me… and you think I'm just preaching without recourse!" She snapped before growling under her breath. Stumbling backward's in fear as Casey began to stand, the little human fell back into the large bedsheets around her before yipping in surprise as the giantess stepped over her.

Walking past her bed, Casey shook her head before looking to the few boxes she took with her that contained her belongings. She never unpacked them, since she knew what they contained within. But, she couldn't bear to leave them behind either.

Pulling a flap open on the top one, her hands dug in before she gently cradled a large plak of wood. Clenching it tightly in her hands, the redhead shivered before looking over her shoulder. "We all make mistakes in our life Abby… and I'm no exception."

Watching in silence as the younger girl stepped back over to her, the brunette crawled back a bit as she sat back down in front of her. She was cradling something in her arms. Crossing her legs as she adjusted herself, Casey looked down at Abby before looking around the room. She was very cautious of showing others this… not even Kari knew about it.

But, that made her wonder why she was even about to tell her. Sympathy? Duty to her fellow Hominal? She didn't honestly know. But, she needed to make this human understand, she wasn't alone in her pain. Flipping the wooden plak up, Casey tapped it before lowering her eyes.

"This… this is my mistake." Looking at the redhead in confusion, Abby's gaze shifted as she stared at the large wooden plate. It Pulling like some type of crest that had been whittled out into a plak. It had fine details etched all over it, with very intricate designs. Someone in the profession of woodworks must have put a lot of effort into it, which was certain. But, what did it have to do with Casey?

Looking back up at the Dullahan, the smaller girl soon grew worried. In place of her usual scowl… she now looked remorseful and full of sorrow. "C-Casey… what is this, I don't understand…" Clenching the wooded crest tighter, the redhead closed her eyes before shivering.

"H-How… how much do you know, about Dullahan's?" Frowning, Abby brought up all the texts she had read before, before shaking her head. "Y-You're classified as a B ranked Monster. Your species are known as the bringers of death who ride dark steeds at night. You target victims who are marked and-"

Quieting as she saw Casey shaking her head with an amused smile, the redhead's eyes opened as she heard Abby grow silent. "No, I meant what you really know about us… not what you Humans think you know. What do you, personally know… about my kind?"

Frowning, the smaller girl shook her head before looking down at the bedsheets. "I, I guess nothing at all. I've never encountered your kind before until now Casey. The closest time I can compare it to is when a man came to my Master's shop… drenched in blood. He, he said a dark rider threw it on him. He called it a Dullahan, and was in shock by what had occurred…"

Smirking in amusement, Casey shook her head once more before picking up the small journal beside her. "And you think my kind did this to that man?" She whispered softly as her hands flipped through the pages of the book. Scanning varies categories till she found the one she wanted, the younger girl frowned as she read over the entry for her kind.

"What… d-do you think it wasn't a Dullahan that did it to that man?" Abby asked in surprise. She had heard stories of their species doing stuff like that. It was how they marked their victims after all. "November 7th, eight thirty-seven pm. The patient came in with terror in his eyes and blood caking his entire body. He screamed about how he was being targeted, how he didn't have long to live… for death itself, came to claim him. After calming the man down, Master proceeded to check him over before alleviating his fears by the blood that coated him which turned out to only be that of animals, most likely pigs from the similarities it possessed. No true procedures had to be done for the patient after explaining the situation to him, and thus he left calmer than when he entered. Case report, Monster – Dullahan…"

Casey finished softly before snapping the book shut and gazing down at Abby. "If everything you wrote in there's accurate, then I hate to break it to you but what that man encountered certainly wasn't one of my kind." Her voice was quiet, and faint in tone leaving her accent all but impossible for the smaller girl to hear in contrast.

"So… if it wasn't a Dullahan, then what was it?" Shrugging indifferently, Casey tossed the book to the side before crossing her arms. "In older periods, countless years ago… Dullahan did mark people they wanted to kill, usually by the blood of their loved ones. It was barbaric…" She whispered bitterly before closing her eyes.

"But you'd be damned hard pressed to find any who still continue this practice. Our kind has dedicated centuries to blending in with society. Most of us pass as simple… Humans. So if a Dullahan did mark that man, he or she was apparently really fuckin pissed. Enough to break the status quo, and put themselves in danger of being discovered. But, I'd bet my head it was someone just looking to scare him with the old practices. Don't think we'd be as stupid to go out of our way to reveal ourselves." She finished before sighing.

Pondering her words with genuine interest, Abby recalled that day as she went over all the man had said. He never did mention the rider without a head. Only that he was riding a black horse and that he had marked him with blood… animal blood at that. Perhaps Casey was right.

Looking back up at the younger girl, Abby soon grew worried. "So… It's apparent that I don't know a lot about your race. So… what does that have to do with that piece of wood?" Wincing from her words, Casey buried her head in her arms before chuckling.

"No… you really don't. I doubt you know what this crest is, I didn't at first either. But… I learned fast the cruel reality of what it meant." Watching in silence, Abby soon jumped as she saw the redhead's hands moving up around her neck.

As she started to peel her white cloth bandages off, the smaller girl broke her out of the process midway. "W-W-Wait! K-Kari said to leave them on! Why are you taking them off?" Not batting an eyelash at the shrunken girl's tone, Casey smiled darkly as the last of the white fabric was pulled aside, her head wobbling freely as she balanced it.

"If she's done it once, she can do it again. Besides…" Casey paused before leaning forward, her head tumbling off and into her hands gently as she cradled it against her chest. "I like keeping it off more than having it attached." She snickered before petting her red locks.

Furrowing her brow, Abby tried to process the strange way Casey was acting before attributing it to her head being off. Kari had said Dullahan acted differently when they didn't have them attached. But, even so, she still seemed genuinely sad. She didn't understand why…

"So, that crest that's been carved into the plate… tell me what you think it is." Tearing her eyes off the quiet girl, the brunette studied the plak once more as she tried to figure it out. There were some designs around it, and possibly letters but they weren't English. Moving her eyes over all the strange figures on it, Abby was soon drawn to one in particular as the larger girl's finger tapped against the wood.

"You see this? This is the only thing you need to look for. This is a member's mark for an organization called the Wicklow lodge. Guess what they are?" Looking back at Casey mutely, the teenager thought over the name before being given a rather cryptic hint.

"They hunt for sport, not for necessity…" She whispered softly before cradling her head tightly. Eying the wooden plate once more, it didn't take long for the smaller girl to understand her meaning before nodding. "I-It's a hunter's lodge, right?"

Making her head nod in her lap, Casey smiled bitterly before smirking. "Yep… their real big game hunters, that they are. They started out small back in the sixteenth century, at least that's as far back as they were traced to my knowledge. But, as they hunted, the regular game started to not be enough for them. So, they started hunting… other, things…"

Smiling viciously, Casey moved her head forward before raising it in front of the plak. "I'll give you a hint… it wasn't animals they coveted…" Looking back at the girls decapitated head, a grim realization soon began to come to light, one that made the smaller girls stomach churn. Her head… it fit perfectly on that plak…

"N-No… y-y-you can't be serious…" Grinning wider, Casey chuckled darkly before eyeing the wooden frame behind her. "They didn't settle for animals… they wanted more. So they started hunting us… Hominal and Beastials. But… even that wasn't enough in the end. No… they wanted the ultimate prize. One they could show off to other hunters who would envy them. They wanted prizes…" She paused before her eyes began to water.

"P-Prizes who were still alive…" Cupping her mouth quietly as she let the child's words sink in, Abby shuddered in revulsion now. "T-They wanted, Dullahan heads…?" Smiling bitterly, Casey remained silent as a small trail of tears fell down her cheeks. "T-This beauty here… this was supposed to be mine. It was made specifically, for my head…"

Growing pale, Abby looked up at the younger girl before feeling the words leave her as she saw the dark sight. With the wood behind her head like she was showing it… it did look like she was a trophy… Shaking her head, Abby tried to speak before cupping her mouth, her stomach beginning to rise. This… this was sick.

Sure people killed monsters… b-but, taking them as trophies? And… and a Dullahan's head at that… I-It was disgusting. Pulling her head back to her chest, Casey was silent for a moment as she began petting her hair again. "We make the best trophy's you know. We still feel even with our heads detached. We still live, breath… think, speak… beg… cry… plead…" The redhead whispered before shaking her head, what little composure she held cracking all but instantaneously as she spoke her words.

"WE MAKE PERFECT DISPLAYS FOR YOU FUCKING HUMANS!" She screeched before tears broke through completely as she cried. "YA JUST FUCKIN LOVE SHOWIN US OFF YA DOES! LIKE SOME TYPE OF SHINY TOY ON YA JUST GOT!" She snapped again, her accent coming out once more with her voice no longer hushed.

"N-Never caring… or thinking how we feel… h-how we watch the world go by, our minds breaking inside as we see ya all. How ya laugh at us… and abuse us, knowin… knowin we can't do anything without our bodies. I, I HATE THEM! I HATE ALL YA HUMANS FOR HOW YE LOOK AT US!" Casey wailed before pulling her knee's closer, nestling her head safely as she clenched her hair.

Breathing softly as she tried to regain her senses, Abby looked up at Casey before feeling a pang of guilt. She… she looked so… vulnerable. She looked… ‘Like a child.' Just a scared, little girl… But, that was because she was one, after all. Not a monster… just someone who was different, and hunted for it. S-She said that plate was made specifically for her. So… that meant that everything she was saying… it happened to her didn't it…?

Sitting in silence as she stared up at the crying girl, Abby continued to shake her head. "W-W-What… what happened to you, Casey…" Sniffling, the redhead shivered before poking her head up to look back at her. "I… I don't… want to talk about it. Least of all to a Human like you…" She muttered bitterly before her head retreated back in place.

Lowering her gaze, Abby was silent for a moment before she closed her eyes. "I… I didn't see a kid when we first met you know. I saw, a Monster." She whispered bitterly, before shaking her head. "But, I misjudged, you Casey. I did it to Nya, and Kari too. And… I'll probably still do it for as long as I'm around. It's just how I see you all. Dullahan's witch's Neko's… it doesn't matter. You're all Monsters in my eyes. But, that's because I don't know you! So… let me know you. P-Please?"

Hearing the pleading words coming from the smaller human, Casey was quite as she mulled over her words. "I can't do anything for you… so why are you acting like this? Why do you pretend to care what's happened to a *Monster* like me…" She whispered, her tone coming off venomous as she peeked her eyes out at the shivering girl.

"B-Because… because you brought me here for a reason Casey. I know you want to talk to someone about it… and I want to hear. I thought about why you got so angry when I started blaming myself… I, I still do. But I think that's because you do too. A-Am I right? What do you blame yourself for…? Talk to me…"

Hanging her head as her words were met by silence, Abby frowned. She, she didn't know if she felt an obligation to hear the younger girls words or some type of genuine sadness over what might have befallen her… but, she wanted to know her story.

Looking back up at the redhead, the brunette began walking closer to her. "I… I'm sorry, but I can't help you not liking me. But, I don't completely hate you either. In… in fact, I've kind of… liked being around you girls. Even if it's causing me so much pain." She whispered honestly. She couldn't tell her why she felt the way she did… but it was the truth.

A Part of her liked being around these Monsters. She felt like she was learning about a different world unique to her own. One she had no grasp on, nor had any other human either. She felt special in a way, that they were sharing their world with her. So, perhaps that was the reason… the logical one. But, she didn't care for logic. Not right now at least.

Right now, she wanted to help Casey. "Please… Tell me why you have that… thing…" She whispered before pointing to the head mount. Peering from between her hands, Casey looked down at Abby as the little human reached her legs. She was right below her now. Tucking her head in as her tears started to die off, the younger girl sighed softly.

"I-I'm a mess… don't I look it? Heh, I don't usually act like this… the fuck did ya do to me?" She scoffed before pulling her head out of her lap. Sitting down slowly, the teenager waited patiently as she saw the Dullahan adjusting herself. She seemed a bit more comfortable now, and not as vulnerable. Hopefully, she'd stay that way…

Placing her head down onto her bed, Casey opened her eyes before looking directly across from the smaller human. "Fine… I'll tell ya. Stop beggin already…" She mumbled before looking down sheepishly. Fiddling with her hands freely now that her head was no longer in her grip, the redhead chewed on her tongue as she danced around the right words to say.

"Just tell me whatever you want." Jumping, (if that were possible for a disembodied head) Casey scowled before barking at her. "I-I'm getting to it! Don't rush me ya ass…" She sneered before her expression softened.

Nodding gently, Abby rested her chin on her arms as she looked up at the younger girl. "Just start whenever you're ready. I'm serious about wanting to get to know you, Casey. So, please just relax and let me." Blushing softly, the younger girl used her chin to nod before closing her eyes.

"I… I guess, I'll tell ya then. I got that morbid trinket back in a place called Killarney. It's… it's where me and me mum used to live before everythin went to hell." She mumbled bitterly before opening her eyes. Nodding sympathetically, Abby urged the younger girl on. She could see the pain in them…

Thinking back almost four years prior, the redhead began petting her hair gently as a small smile made its way to her lips. "We lived in a town for a year before moving one over. Every year like clockwork we'd move. It was how we Dullahan live, ya know? Stayin in one place is dangerous, especially with the fact someone might notice yer head comin off and all." She chuckled before her expression darkened considerably.

"Well… At least, it was for me. Me mum, she wasn't an eejit. She knew how to hide. She would go out every day to work, while I'd stay home and goofed off like the dumbass I was at the time." Sighing, Casey made her hands shake her head before she bit her lip.

"She worked whatever jobs she could get. Money wasn't much of an issue. Our kind doesn't need to eat really. But hell if it doesn't taste good and all." She laughed before smiling faintly once more, her expressions shifting rapidly as she went over past memories.

"Well… at the town we stopped in, this one being Killarney, me mum worked as a wench at some kind of pub. Fuck if I can remember the damned name, I didn't give two shit's back then. But… I really wish I did. As a kid, well… a lil'r one at least, I'd always do this… regardless of when me mum told me not to." She whispered before lifting her head up for Abby to see.

Nodding quietly, the brunette looked up at her body as she listened to her story. "You took your head off a lot, didn't you?" Snickering, the redhead sighed before placing herself back down. "Yeah, I reckon I did. It must have been a nightmare to her… and… and in the end, it was…"

Looking to the wooden plak again, Casey shivered before closing her eyes. "A-As I was sayin… Me mum worked at this pub, an one day a group of people came. Apparently they were hunters. I'll give ya one guess to which they belonged. Anyways… apparently one took a certain… shinin, to me mum. Hell, for a Dullahan, she sure passed as a fine lass to ye Humans." Casey laughed before shaking her head.

"She was beautiful she was… at least, from what I remember. But, of course, she didn't take to the man. Turnin his advances down she worked her shift and left that night… but, she didn't come back home alone." Growing silent for a moment, the redhead began to clench her fists before grinding her teeth.

"C-Casey?" Snapping her eyes to the smaller girl angrily, the Dullahan's piercing gaze soon lessened before she closed them. "The man who fancied my mum… he followed her home that night. And after he found out where we lived, guess what he tried to do…"

Shaking her head quietly, Abby refrained from speaking. She had a nagging feeling what that man probably found. Fidgeting once again as her hands instinctively moved to her hair, Casey's lips began to tremble as she closed her eyes.

"He… he came into our home, to confront her… and instead, he found… me. He found me in our livin room, as I played with my head like a dumbass!" She snapped before clenching her eyes tighter. "So… s-someone from this hunting lodge, found out you two were, Dullahan? What happened?"

Scoffing, Casey moved her arms back before holding her knee's together, her body acting independently of her severed head. "The fuck did ya think happened?! He screamed bloody Monster and drew the fuckin town on us!" She snapped before slamming her fist into the cave walls beside her.

Lowering her gaze as she saw the younger girl beginning to tremble, Abby sighed softly. She could hear the pain behind her words. "We… we ran. We left everything and ran. Didn't matter were, we ran… and ran… and ran… and ran. But, days passed, and me mum grew exhausted. She had been carryin me because I was but a lil lass. So in a weeks' time… we were caught." She spat venomously before closing her eyes.

"I… I was only four years old Abby… when I watched a group of men, rip the head off my own mother, and… and they laughed. I saw them… I saw them take her head!" She snapped angrily as tears began to fall once again. Cupping her mouth in shock, Abby sat in disbelief as she watched Casey crying from the painful memories. "T-Those men, n-no. Those Monsters! They took her head… and tied her body to a tree. Why keep the rest of her when they had their prize! I, I don't know what they were doin to her, but she was screaming, all night long…" Casey whispered hollowly as her body shuddered she recalled the traumatic event.

"By the time morning came, it was over. I saw the group lifting a wooden plate, as they measured me mum's head. For three days, we were camped in the middle of nowhere. For three long days and three painful nights, I cried and watched these men laugh about their catch. My mum, she was nothing but a catch… A-And on the fourth day, they got to me next."

Growing silent, the redhead's lips trembled again as she continued to shake. "A man… took my head away from my body, and brought it over to a plak, just like me mum, and tied me to it. H-He mounted me, as a fuckin trophy! But, that turned out to be his mistake…"

Waiting in silence, Abby grew worried now as Casey's face began to grow faded. She seemed lost in her own thoughts. "C-C-Casey… what happened next…" Looking back at the smaller girl, the Dullahan nodded before licking her lips.

W-While my head was stuck on a wooden plate; my body was left in the dirt. B-But that doesn't mean it wasn't still my body. These eejits put me next to me mums head… and through her pain… she whispered to me. She told me… not to move. And until nightfall, I didn't. I played possum. Until the time came that these Monsters were asleep. Creeping towards us, I got my head back, b-but I couldn't take it off the fucking plate! They bolted my skin into it…" She whispered bitterly as her hand moved slowly over to her neck to rub it.

"B-But it was worse off for me mum. H-H-Her head was bolted down… and strapped on their cart already. I, I couldn't free her!" She wailed before slamming her fist repeatedly into the wall, the rocks behind her beginning to crack from her anger. Crying harder, Casey continued to sputter as she let her emotions out. It hurt… it hurt so much…

Rising to her feet slowly, Abby cupped her mouth as she felt something… something she would have never thought possible before towards a Monster. Sniffling as she tried to stop herself from crying, Casey soon froze as she felt something pressing against her cheek. Opening her eyes, the redhead shivered as she looked down at the brunette… who was hugging her gently?

Holding the girl's cheek against her own, Abby was silent as she tried to comfort her… even if her size didn't exactly accommodate that. "I… I tried Abby… I tried to s-save me, mum. B-But I couldn't break her off the cart! And… and by the time the hunters woke up, she… she was screaming for me to run!" Casey screamed as she was held tightly by the teenager.

Crying softly as she heard the larger girls painful words, Abby nodded as she hugged her harder. "I-I… I'm, s-so sorry Casey…" This… this was horrific. Her whole tale, it was worse than a nightmare. There was nothing to describe something like this. She had literally been through hell… and at such a young age too…

It, it hurt… Cupping her chest, Abby tried to stifle her tears, but it hurt! She could feel her heart aching from the pain behind Casey's words. Stiffening as something pressed behind her, Abby calmed as she felt herself pressed into the larger girl's cheek and raised into the air.

Pulling her sobbing head back into her chest, Casey whimpered as she pressed on Abby gently. "I… I did this… I got me mum killed Abby. I-It's my fault, all of it…" Seething, the brunette clenched her teeth as she tried to control herself. Sadness wasn't the only thing she was feeling… she was pissed…

"D-Don't… don't say that!" Sniffling, Casey hugged both her head and the brunette tightly before whimpering. "I-It is… She told me to keep my head on. She told me time and time again. Keep it fuckin on. And what did I do? I took the damn thing off every single day! I hated it… I, I hated keepin it on. And now… me mum's probably up on some wall somewhere… in pain… in a livin hell, all because… of me…"

Shaking her head, Abby screamed loudly as she wailed. "I-IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT!" Looking into the Dullahan's pained emerald eyes; the brunette shook her head profusely. "D-Don't say that… y-your mom, s-she cared for you… she wouldn't blame you like you are. S-So don't waste it! Don't waste the life your mother gave you!" Abby cried.

Feeling her breath hitch, Casey looked down at the smaller girl shocked. "B-B-But I-" "NO! D-Don't… I, I get it now. W-When you told me not to blame myself earlier… I get it. But, practice what you preach. You can't blame yourself for what happened in the past. Casey… It's not your fault."

Shuddering as she heard the smaller girls gentle words, Casey grit her teeth as she continued to cry. "Fuck… fuck, I miss her… I miss me mum so much…" Nodding in sadness, Abby whimpered now to as she clung to the larger child. "I… I know. I, I miss mine too, and my dad. My, my parents died when I was about your age actually…"

Looking down at Abby in surprise, Casey pushed her head in her lap gently before pulling the smaller girl away so she could stare at her. "Y-You lost y-yer mum …to?" Nodding sadly, the brunette felt her own sadness swell up at the memories.

"Y-Yeah… It was almost ten years ago. My family and I lived in the countryside, away from others. It was a couple towns away from here I think. I, I don't remember exactly where anymore, it's been so long. But… one day… one day, my parents were working, and something came to our home." Abby whispered before her eyes grew dark.

"I-I-It was a Monster… it came to our home… and it set our house on fire." Watching the smaller girl in silence, Casey was mute as she saw her shaking. "I… I was inside when flames began enveloping our home… I screamed and cried for my parents… and my mom came into my room, bloody and limping…" Abby whispered before closing her eyes.

"We made it outside the house as the fire engulfed it… but after getting out, we both fell to the ground… but only I got up. My mother, died of blood loss getting me out of the house, and my father was nowhere in sight."

Stiffening as she felt herself being moved, Abby sniffled before crying softly as Casey pulled the smaller girl into a hug. "I… I don't know what happened that day… but I saw it. Fleeing from our burning home... m-my, home… something dark… and demonic stood near the edge of the house. I-It was a Monster… and it did this to us…" She whispered shrilly before burying her face into Casey's cheek.

Silence echoed around them both as the gentle rumbling of the walls was their only noise that permitted the air. Both Abby and Casey sat together as tears fell from both their eyes. Perhaps… things weren't as black and white as either of them thought…

"Ya hate and fear us… because of what happened to ya in the past… right?" Nodding quietly, Abby continued to shiver as she recalled the horrific apparition that appeared over her home all those years ago. Its dark silhouette, its bloody eyes… How it walked through the fire like there was none around it. It terrified her to her very core. And it was still haunting her to this day…

"I-I thought… that I would get over my fears in time. E-Especially with what I do now. B-But I'm still so, s-scared." Abby whispered shrilly. Flinching as she felt herself touched, the smaller human calmed as she felt Casey's finger trailing down her back. "I suppose we all have our mistakes to live with… don't we." Nodding, the brunette chose not to speak as she tried to regain her composure.

This was probably what it felt like for Casey when she told her about her past. It was only fair that the Dullahan learned about hers as well. But, it still hurt none the less. Nuzzling her face into the younger girl's cheek, a small smile made its way to the teen's face. ‘Here I thought I would be the one to comfort her… a-and she's trying to comfort me.' It was almost funny had it not been so morbid…

"I don't hate ya, Abby… at least, not like I do with other humans." Pulling away in surprise, the brunette gaze up into the larger girl's eyes before she smiled. "S-Same… I, I don't think you're… well, one of them." Smirking, Casey plucked her head up before lifting it over the smaller human so she could see her better. "One of them? Sheesh, way to make us all sound so bad." She snickered.

Pouting, the shrunken girl sighed before rubbing the back of her head sheepishly. "T-T-That's not what I meant!" She was trying to be nice damn it! Even at a time like this, the redhead could get under her skin, she hated it!

Smiling softly as she saw the Dullahan snickering, Abby sighed. Language aside, it was hard for her to realize this but she was still just a kid, regardless of her lineage. "So… what now?" Pausing from her brief fit of giggles, Casey blinked before looking back down at the smaller girl.

"What do you mean?" Shrugging, the brunette leaned back into Casey's dress before pulling some of it over her nude form. She didn't know how it was possible but she had somehow forgotten that brief little bit when she went to comfort the younger girl.

"Well… with everything really. I think you've made your point… in much finer detail than I'll ever forget. So, what do you want to do now?" She had been brought here because the redhead wanted her to stop blaming herself. Not for them to both regale the other with sad backstories and tragedies.

Frowning, Casey nodded before tossing her head back and forth between her hands as she pondered the smaller girl's question, much to Abby's… shock? Surprise… disbelief? "D-Doesn't that… hurt?" Blinking as she caught her head, the younger girl tilted it downward before making herself shake her head.

"No, not really. I'm not bouncing it or anything." She laughed before petting her hair. Nodding, Abby continued to stare up at Casey in silence as she studied her. She really did seem like a different person now that her head wasn't attached. What was it that made her act so differently?

Looking a bit higher at the base of her neck, the brunette studied the black smoke floating out of her severed appendage before scowling. "D-Do you, feel… pain?" Tilting her head back, Casey nodded before pinching her arm with her free hand. "Well yeah, of course. Who the fuck doesn't feel pain? W-Well… maybe Poppy. Fuck that drunken bitch is weird." She mumbled beneath her breath before looking back down at her timid guest.

"What gave ya that idea anyways?" Shrugging once again, Abby frowned before looking up at the girl's decapitated head. "Well… I still don't know anything about your kind Casey. Since your head isn't attached to your body, how does it know what pain feels like? Your pain receptors are in your brain after all and if it's not attached… you know…" She trailed off as she led the younger child to her reasoning.

Smirking jovially, Casey cackled loudly before turning her head around. "Well, the first mistake ya made was thinking yer human logic would work with us Hominal. We ain't Human after all ya dumbass. Our bodies function way, way, way differently than anything you can even comprehend." She gloated before smirking downward.

"Jealous?" Glaring up at the child, Abby crossed her arms as she heard the gleeful laughter echoing above her. "What's there to be jealous about? Losing my head whenever I bend over…" Coughing mid-laugh, Casey soured before poking the smaller girls head. "H-Hey that wasn't nice!" Sticking her tongue out, Abby had to pause before reeling it back. How could this eight-year old make her act so childish! She was a doctor damn it!

"Well, I bet you wish you could do this!" Looking back at Casey, the smaller girl suddenly paled as she saw a dark shadow rising from her hand. "W-W-WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING!?" Grinning, the redhead made the shape wiggle around and move before melting back into her. "That's my shadow! I can make it come alive." She smiled sheepishly before looking back down at the startled girl.

"You didn't know we could do that?" "N-N-NO! W-WELL, Y-YES, B-B-BUT NO!" Abby sputtered angrily before sighing. She had seen something like that earlier when Nya had attacked Casey for picking on her… but she didn't know what it was, really. "So… you can make your shadow come alive or something?"

Nodding, Casey lifted her arm up to the wall before willing her shadow to move around on its own regardless of her hand remaining motionless. "Yep, yep! This is my shadow, and she does what she likes." She chirped.

Furrowing her brow, Abby blinked slowly as she tried to process the child's words. "S-S-She…?" Nodding, Casey looked back at her shadow before it returned to her body. "Well yeah, I'm a girl after all. What did you think my shadow was a guy or somethin?" "NO, I THOUGHT IT WAS A SHADOW! Who would come to that conclusion on their own?!"

Yawning tiredly, Casey shrugged her shoulders before cradling her head. "I don't know…" Watching the Dullahan quietly, Abby frowned once more. "A-Are you sleepy?" Blinking slowly, Casey made her head shake before she sighed.

"I told you earlier ya eejit, I'm drained. Until I get refilled on energy I can't stay as active as I usually am. It's like if ya humans didn't eat or sleep for a few days straight. You'd be drained too." She mumbled before petting her hair gently.

Tapping her chin in thought, the brunette leaned back before thinking it over. "So… energy. You mentioned Najia gave it to you. What is energy anyways? I know what it means so don't talk down to me! But… what, is it to you?" She corrected herself. She wasn't looked to be belittled again… and again… and yet again, like she had been every chance the redhead got.

Turning her head so she was looking back at the smaller girl, Casey hummed. "Well, it's energy, ya know? It's the stuff we Hominal and Beastials thrive on. Do ya not know that? It's the reason our kind even attacks ya humans in the first place." Blinking slowly, Abby looked up in shock as she processed the girl's statement.

"W-W-Wait… you, you attack humans… for, energy?" Nodding again, Casey sighed tiredly as she rocked her head gently. "Well, yeah… We need to eat too ya know. Most if not all of our species need energy since we don't generate our own. When our bodies run out, we grow tired… and in some cases even, we die." She whispered before her expression soured considerably.

"But here ya fucking humans have an endless god damn supply and ya don't even know it!" She snapped before sighing bitterly. "It ain't fair sometimes, ya know? Well... I guess you don't since ya are one." She whispered before closing her eyes once more.

‘So… energy, it's like our essence.' Kari had mentioned something about that earlier when Nya had… had… Lighting up red, Abby eeped before covering her face. ‘THEY NEED OUR WHAT?!' How did it not dawn on her till now that energy translated into essence! They needed there… t-there, fluids…

‘W-Well… not just that I suppose…' But it was still embarrassing just thinking about it! "Hey… can I ask you a favor?" Snapping out of her internal dismay, Abby looked back up at Casey as her tired eyes stared down at her. "W-What's up… what do you need?" She couldn't the do much for her, but if it was within her power, she could at least try to…

Feeling her head nodding slowly on its own as her hands tried to support her, Casey sighed weakly before looking back down at Abby. "I think I might have wasted too much of my remaining energy by taking my head off. We use more when the damn thing isn't attached…" She trailed off before pointing to the thinning trail of black smoke that seemed to be fading by the minute.

Looking up at her neck, Abby nodded slowly as she filed that information away. "So… that black stuff, is your energy?" Nodding, Casey chuckled quietly before waving her hand through it. "Kind of, I suppose. It's more our shadows energies. But, it seeps out from our necks when a Dullahan's head isn't attached. This was one of the reason's me mum always told me to keep my head on. Feeding me energy was hard, very hard. I… I don't know how she always got it, but I really don't want to think about it." The redhead mumbled before blinking slowly.

"Oh yeah… that favor… D-Do ya mind, if I borrow some of yer energy?" Blinking once, then twice, Abby fidgeted before shrieking. "YOU WANT TO TAKE MY WHAT?!" Rubbing her ears, Casey scowled down at the screaming girl before shrugging. "What? I need energy, you have it. It's not like I'm askin ya for a fucking limb or somethin. I just need a little to get back on my feet. I don't know if I'll be able to get us back to Kari now that my head ain't attached."

"THEN PUT THE DAMN THING BACK ON!" Cringing, Casey laughed dryly before pointing to her neck. "I-It ain't that simple, ya know? I lost too much while we talked… so even if I put my head back in place, I wouldn't be able to walk right, let alone get us back to the boyd girl."

Shuddering in embarrassment, Abby shook violently as she glared up at the younger girl. "B-B-But, y-you're a girl!" Looking down at the brunette in surprise, Casey turned her head in confusion now. "What the fuck does that have to do with anything?!"

Leaning up angrily, the smaller girl stomped her foot as she tried to get through to the younger girl. "Y-You want to… take my… f-f-fluids. B-But we're both girls!" That was wrong on so many levels! Scratching her head, Casey continued to stare the smaller girl down as she tried to comprehend her argument. "So what? I didn't think ya were a guy." "THAT'S MY POINT! A-A GIRL SHOULDN'T… Y-YOU KNOW! WITH ANOTHER GIRL! IT'S WRONG!"

Furrowing her brow, Casey's eyes began to widen now as it finally dawned on her now just why Abby was making such a fuss over something like this. "You think it's wrong that a girl wants to take another girls energy? The fuck are ya talkin about? We Hominal have been doin it for centuries. How do you think Najia gives me the energy, to begin with?"

Blushing furiously as she continued to stomp her foot, Abby shook her head profusely. "T-T-That's so wrong! I-It's supposed to be a guy and a girl, not a girl and a girl!" Frowning, the redhead was quite for a moment before she moved her hand forward towards the smaller girl.

"Well, that's just the dumbest thing I've ever heard. What type of preaching, asinine logic is that?! If it was like that all the time none of our kind would be alive. Ye humans don't exactly line up te feed us. And the gender ratio for us Hominal ain't exactly what you'd call equal. It's about 80/20 it is. If you think something like right and wrong would stop us, then you've got a littler brain then I thought." She laughed before flicking Abby back down into her lap.

Rubbing her head angrily, Abby looked away bitterly before jumping as she felt the younger girl's finger touching her cheek. "So what if I'm a girl. Yer actin like I want to mate with ya. I just want to suck a little energy out is all? Come on, please!" Blushing even harder, (if possible) the teenager shook her head again as she tried to stop her.

"N-N-NO! I-Its wrong!" "Says who?" "S-S-Says everyone!" "And who told everyone it was wrong?" "W-W-Well…" "Sheesh, ya don't even know and yer preachin?" "S-S-Shut up, it's just wrong, ok!" "Maybe to ye humans, but not to us." "Well, I am human!"

Glaring back at one another, Casey groaned before her head fell into her lap, her arm flopping to her side weakly. "Fuck… fine, don't help a girl in need. I guess we're stuck here till the wee boyd comes to find us. I'm sure she'll share her energy!" The redhead snapped bitterly before closing her eyes.

Pulling Casey's dress over her naked form timidly, Abby nodded before covering up. She could wait… There was simply no way she'd willingly let a Monster… frowning, the brunette shook her head. She wouldn't let, Casey, have any of her, e-essence. That was just so gross!

For as long as she could remember, it was supposed to be one guy, and one girl. Nothing more, nothing less. She didn't want to think about such nonsense like two girls together. That was just weird. Well… kind of. Blushing as her thoughts traveled back to Nya, the brunette shivered.

‘H-Her tongue had felt pretty good…' B-B-But it was wrong! She didn't know what she was doing! Her energy was probably just low to… so, s-she raped her. Nodding as she tried to justify what happened, Abby sulked in silence before looking at the redheaded girl.

Her head was lying motionless on her lap… and her body wasn't moving. "C-Casey…? H-Hey, are you going to be alright?" Waiting for a response, the smaller girl soon grew worried. She wasn't responding. 'In some cases even, we die...' Hearing the child's words echo in her mind, Abby paled before looking back at the younger girl fearfully. "H-H-Hey… Casey, this isn't funny! Are you ok? H-Hey, wake up!"

Standing up quickly, the teenager moved to the girls head before pressing against her cheek. Shivering as she felt it, the brunette bit her lip. She felt cold to the touch… Pacing back and forth as she tried to get the girl to acknowledge her, Abby soon stomped her foot angrily.

"OK, FINE! YOU… Y-YOU CAN TAKE MY ENERGY, JUST WAKE UP!" She screamed. Snapping her eyes open, Casey grinned victoriously before plucking the smaller girl up much to her shock. "Aww, thank ya! I knew you wouldn't let a girl in need wither away~." She purred.

Blinking once, then twice, Abby's mouth hung agape before pounding on the child's fist angrily. "W-W-WERE YOU ACTING?! D-DID YOU FAKE ALL OF THAT! WHY YOU LYING LITTLE-"Pushing the smaller girl downward before she could finish her… colorful sentence, Casey grinned as she dropped her between her legs.

Falling onto the ratty cloth bedsheets, the naked girl shivered before covering herself with her arms. "I take it back!" "Too late for that, you already offered~" Growling as she stared up at the now lively redhead, the brunette was about to scream at her again before feeling her breath hitch.

Setting her head down between her legs, the Dullahan waved her hands over her black dress before it began to evaporate into the air. Gawking as the fabric splintered and separated into little ashy particles, the shrunken teen could only stare in wonder as she saw them fading upwards like smoke. It looked familiar actually…

As the dress eventually dissipated completely, Casey grinned before pointing to her neck. "Neat trick huh!" Blushing, Abby tried to speak, but she was too embarrassed. Sitting in front of her with her knee's pulled into her chest, the redhead waved to her as naked as she was.

‘H-H-Her clothes… t-there, gone…?' Looking to the Dullahan's neck, a strange thought passed through her mind. "A-Are your clothes… made of that same black stuff coming out of your neck?" Nodding her head, Casey grinned cheekily before plucking her head up.

"Uh huh. Our shadows can change into any shape and form any substance we can think of. Most Dullahan make clothes out of them so we don't need to keep any on us personally. It makes moving around a lot easier." Covering her eyes as she looked away, Abby whimpered as she tried not to stare at the naked giantess in front of her.

If she needed energy then why was she naked too! "W-Why did you remove your dress!" Tilting her head downward, the younger girl gave her a puzzled look before a sly smile formed on her lips. "Well, I thought since you're so uptight about this whole thing, I might as well show you a good time. You know, for comfort's sake!" She laughed before setting her head down behind the shrunken girl.

Grinding her teeth angrily, the brunette turned around as she tried to argue the point further before shuddering as she felt the sheets drop inward. Gulping, the miniature girl turned around shakily before eeping. Scooching closer to the smaller girl, Casey inched her body closer to her crotch rested right in front of her three-inch frame.

"There we go! Alright, thank you for the energy!" Turning back to her head, Abby tried to speak again before paling. Her head was right in front of her. She was trapped between the girl's crotch and her colossal face. "W-W-Wait… w-what are you-" Going ridged as a familiar feeling washed over her, the teenager shuddered as she felt the redhead's tongue lick her face, her whole body quivering from the revolting feeling.

Pulling her tongue back, Casey licked her lips a few times before bouncing her head. "Yep, you have a lot of energy ya do. It's making my tongue tingle~." She purred happily before looking back at the smaller girl confused. "Huh? You alright?" Wobbling back and forth slowly as her body continued to tremble, Abby sputtered as she tried to form a coherent sentence, but she was having flashbacks of this exact sam thing from when Nya had done it to her.

What was this feeling! Feeling her legs give out under her, Abby fell to her knees before shivering as she felt something beneath her, other than the raggedy white sheets. Looking downward at Casey's hand, the teenager whimpered. It felt kind of… good, being held like this. Her body was heating up on its own.

"Ya good?" Looking up at Casey's head as she held it in front of her, the brunette nodded sheepishly as she regained her senses. She didn't know what that had been about. "Y-Yeah… I think." Furrowing her brow, the redhead eventually shrugged before pulling the hand the smaller girl was on closer towards her before resting her chin on the tips of her fingers.

Giving the older girl another lick, Abby quivered as she clenched her eyes shut. This felt so wrong… The feeling of Casey's warm appendage trailing over her legs. How her drool dropped down between them and coated her in its sticky warmth. H-How she was being given goosebumps as she trailed it up her stomach, and against her breasts-

Gasping as a static feeling shot through her, Abby arched her back before whimpering. That feeling from before… it was back. Every time the younger girl moved her tongue up against her petite breasts, she felt it. It was like a sharp stabbing sensation shooting through her. She didn't even know if it hurt or not, it was just too foreign!

Retracting her tongue, Casey looked down at Abby as she panted lightly. It seemed she liked it more than she had originally let on. "Hey, turn around will ya? I want to show you something nice." She purred before flicking her wrist for the smaller girl to comply.

Shuddering as the sensations danced through her, the brunette blushed before complying begrudgingly. The sooner she got this over with the sooner it would end. At least, that was her reasoning. Waiting till the teen had turned her back on her, Casey pulled her hand out from under her sending her tumbling forward.

"C-C-Casey! What was that f-f-for…" Shivering as she felt the Dullahan's humid breath behind her, Abby stiffened. "Alright, now lay like this…" Feeling her front guided down as she kneeled there, the brunette was guided downward while her rear was sticking upwards.

Blushing furiously, the shrunken girl wanted to scream at Casey to stop this… but why she hadn't was unknown… It wasn't until the first lick, that she found the answer as to why. Screaming in surprise as the younger girls tongue came out again, Abby clenched the bedsheets as she felt the redhead's tongue diving between her naked legs.

Smiling happily as she wiggled her tongue, Casey sighed softly as she tasted the rich flavors being given to her. This was her first time taking energy directly from a human… and having it given from another Hominal had nothing on it. This was raw, and sweet on her tongue. It had only been a single lick and already she felt her senses growing fuzzy.

Maybe this was why humans fear their kind so much. She could get used to doing this to them… Closing her eyes as she dug her tongue deeper in, the Dullahan held her head up as she moved it to a better angle. She just tasted do good…

Crying out in gasps, Abby continued to claw at the bedsheets as she buried her head in them. When she licked her it felt strange, but with her tongue writhing against her crotch like it was, the strange sensations were magnified tenfold! She was sweating, her body was heating up… T-This wasn't normal. Why did it feel so… pleasant?

‘I-I-Its … I-Its wrong… d-don't enjoy it!' She tried to tell herself that repeatedly with Nya, but that hadn't worked out so well. In fact, had Kari not came in when she did… she didn't know what she would have done. But, now it was happening all over again… and this time, the little witch wouldn't be coming to save her if Casey chose not to stop.

Shuddering at the thought, Abby clenched her legs around the girl's tongue before biting her knuckles. She couldn't stop her even if she wanted to. Pushing her lips forward till they rested over her lower back, Casey sucked in whatever essence she could as she drank the teenager's nectars. Sweat also happened to be a good source of energy she could siphon. And the little brunette was giving her plenty of that.

Mixing its salty flavors with her exotic sweet energy was bittersweet. It made the experience one of a kind for her. Cracking open her eyes slowly as the smaller girls voice broke her out of her meal, Casey blinked a few times as Abby fell forward, her screams dying off.

Retracting her tongue, the Dullahan swished it around in her mouth for a moment before gasping. That had tasted even sweeter than what she had savored prior! "W-W-Wow… y-you taste so… good." She whispered before shivering with desire.

Looking back down at the petite girl a dark smile made its way to her lips. "Here, let's get a bit closer to one another… I know I said It wasn't like we'd be mating… but…" She muttered quietly before picking the smaller girl up. Too tired to fight off the larger girl as her body hung limply in the air, Abby continued to pant as she tried to catch her breath.

She felt it coming. That feeling like nothing else she could ever describe. Nya had given it to her for hours… and now Casey had given it to her too. B-But, they were both girls. S-So it should have felt a lot worse than it did. Why didn't it… why, why, why, why!

Looking up groggily as she was moved inward, the shrunken girl froze now as it dawned on her what Casey had meant by her words. "C-C-Casey… D-Don't…" Blushing profusely, the brunette clenched her eyes as she was moved between the redhead's legs, right between them. Setting the smaller girl down next to her neither lips, the younger girl picked her head up before moving it closer as well.

"Don't be so dramatic… I promise it will feel good. For both of us~." She purred once again before pulling her head inward. Struggling to stand and stop this, Abby was pushed backward's after she got to her feet before colliding with the redhead's body, her arms sinking inward.

Shuddering as she felt a sticky warmth traveling down her body, the older girl whimpered before opening her eyes back up, her face an even brighter shade of red now. Her arms… they were… they were i-inside her…

Groaning, Casey bit her lip as she felt a strange feeling. She wasn't used to someone else touching her down there… "E-Easy, will ya! I-I-I'm sensitive to ya know…" She muttered sheepishly before blushing. Pulling her arm out slowly, the smaller girl looked down at her hand as she continued to shiver. She could see a sticky substance all over her arm… it looked glossy and was warm to the touch…

Lowering her face down, Abby had to forcefully stop herself as she brought her hand towards her lips. ‘W-W-WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU ABOUT TO DO?!' What was going on with her! "H-Hey… Just relax and let me take care of the rest, alright?"

Turning back around, having regained some of her lost senses, Abby whimpered before nodding. She just wanted this to end, not to escalate! "P-Please… l-l-lets just get this over with!" She cried before hiding her face. Frowning from the disheartening way she put it, Casey nodded. She had hoped the smaller girl liked the feeling as much as she had.

Whenever she did stuff like this, it felt great. But, it looked like Abby wanted to cry. She didn't know why. Nudging the smaller girl with her cheek, Casey closed her eyes before nuzzling her gently. "T-Thank ya for doin this. I really appreciate it ya know…"

Ignoring her words, Abby continued to clench her eyes shut before groaning as the girl's tongue trailed over her again, its feelings returning as well. ‘D-D-Do not enjoy it… I-It's wrong…' Pushing the smaller girl into her quim, Casey closed her eyes before pulling her head into her.

 Lapping at her own neither lips as she shoved the brunette into her, Casey coughed before tightening her hold on her own head. She always loved doing this… b-but with someone else inside her like it was, it felt even better!

Digging in as she forced the shrunken human against her inner walls, the redhead moaned happily, her own voice vibrating within her causing, even more pleasure to flow through. This was euphoria, it always was. But damn if it didn't feel ten times better with Abby.

Her energy was practically beading off of her and mixing with her own. Drinking her juices didn't really do much but pick her up for a short time… But now that the human was feeding her to, she felt fucking fantastic!

Abby, on the other hand… didn't share that same viewpoint. Crying out as her body was battered around, the brunette wailed as she felt her body gripped on all sides. T-This was hell! She was in hell, wasn't she? Her body was on fire!

Clawing at her own crotch, the smaller girl tried to fight off Casey's tongue as it lathered her further in saliva and her own, feminine essence, but it was only making it worse. Gasping as her legs were finally pried apart by the large invasive organ, the shrunken girl whimpered as she tasted it now.

Sputtering as she tasted the Dullahan's sticky fluids, Abby tried to spit them out, but there was so much! Her whole body was being bathed in them! Slipping and sliding around as she tried to fight, the smaller girl was swiftly silenced as the minutes ticked by, Casey's walls clenching her tightly and restraining her once and for all.

Coughing as her body's hips bucked into her own head, Casey choked on her own release as she felt the overwhelming feelings from within. ‘D-D-Damn it Abby!' What the hell was she doing to her! With all that thrashing and fighting she… she was about to… about to…

Pulling on her hair as she forced her own head into her, Casey wailed as she reached her climax, her juices shooting out of her and into her waiting mouth as she drank them in, returning them right where they belonged. Feeling her hips slowing down, the redhead coughed loudly as she released her head. Flopping to her side, Casey choked on her own essence for a moment before spitting onto the bed, Abby falling out of her mouth.

"F-F-FUCK! Y-YA ALMOST CHOKED ME!" She nearly swallowed her! Lying on the bedsheets weakly, Abby looked upwards at the glowing fungus before feeling her vision fading. Her whole body… it felt… perfect…

Resting herself upwards on her elbows, Casey panted tiredly as she tried to regain her senses. That had felt amazing! It was way better than any other time she did that with her head! Pushing herself up into a sitting position, the redhead picked up her head before wincing. Her hair was really sore after pulling on it like that.

‘Fuck me, I need to not be such a fucking masochist…' She did that more on you'd think… Looking down at the limp human, Casey frowned before cradling her head gently. "Hey, Abby, ya awake?" Giving the girl a few tentative pokes, the redhead sighed. She was out cold.

Picking the unconscious girl up gently, the younger girl observed her carefully before a small smile made its way to her lips. "Thanks… Abby…" Licking the girl gently as not to stir her unintentionally, Casey cleaned her off of her own essence before sighing contently. She felt so, full.

Looking up at her neck, the redhead grinned gleefully as she saw her shadow creeping to life around her wildly. She hadn't felt this good in… well, ever, actually. Lying back onto her little cot, Casey closed her eyes before sighing. She'd take a break, for now, to. Pulling Abby into her cheek, the Dullahan nodded before cradling both her and her head.

 

After all that, they both needed a moment to catch their breath. She'd return the little human back to Kari in the morning…

 

 

 

To be continued…

 

End Notes:

 

Well, I hope you all liked it. :D

 

As per usual please leave me some reviews! They really cheer me up and make me want to write more. You seriously have no idea just how good it feels to see a new one whenever I log in. :P

I'm hoping since this chapters a little longer, there might be more then 1 or 2 this time. xD

I'll try to post again next week. See ya soon!

 

Double trouble... by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

Well... here I am again... -.-'

 

Sorry for posting so soon again, I just got caught up this weekend with free time and wanted to write more and... well, yeah. New chapter done. v_v

I hope this isn't to sudden for some people. :(

This chapter is a bit shorter like some of the others but as you'll soon find out there's a reason why.

 

I guess enjoy!

 

 

Feeling her brow beginning to twitch as she sat atop her Dullahan guardian’s hand, Abby sulked silently as she felt the redheaded child continuous poking her reddening cheeks. “Aww, you’re so cute when you get all moody! Just look at you puffing out your cheeks like that. Cute, cute, cute!”

Swatting Casey’s finger away from her face yet again, the brunette huffed angrily as she tried to hide her face in her arms. “Come on, stop being so glum. If I hadn’t taken a little energy we'd still be back in my den, ya know that.” Growling, Abby turned back to the girls head as she held it tucked under her arm.

“HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET OVER BEING RAPED?! If it’s not one of you girls it’s another!” She wailed before hanging her head. This was beyond humiliating. It was demeaning, degrading, shameful and just about any other word along those lines!

Feeling her crimson cheeks poked again, Abby screamed before batting at the girl's hand again. “KNOCK IT OFF CASEY, STOP IT! I’M BEING SERIOUS!” Snickering, the redhead pulled her head out from under her arm before moving it in front of the smaller girl.

“So was I. Ya just look so cute like that! Come on, fuss again! Please!” Pouting as she heard no audible reply from her jibe, the younger girl sighed before shaking her head.  “Look, It ain’t like ya didn’t like it. So what’s the big deal? As I recall, ya did scream pretty happily. I’m thinkin ya secretly did enjoy it. Care to do a little… experimenting?” She purred before stumbling as she felt the hand the shrunken teen sat on pinched… hard.

“OWE, THE FUCK WAS THAT FOR YA LITTLE SHIT!” Crossing her arms, Abby gave the headless girl a deadpanned look before scoffing. “I-I-I didn’t like it! I can’t help biology! And I already told you, it’s wrong!” Groaning, Casey lowered her head before resting it on her arms.

“Ye keep sayin that but why's it so wrong to have a Lil fun? It ain’t hurtin nothin and ya know it feels good. Besides, I’m sure some of the other girls would appreciate the treat~.” She chuckled before yipping as her hand was pinched again.

“Knock it off!” “You first!” Butting heads with one another, both girls growled before they soon came to an intersection of the cave. “Look here! I don’t want to try it! I don’t like other girls, and I don’t like being used by children!” She shrieked.

Resting her back against one of the walls, Casey scoffed before balancing her head back on her neck. “Well, first off get the notion we’re children out of yer head. To us, ya humans are but babies, especially someone adolescent like yerself. To us Hominal we have different maturity stages. For me personally, Dullahan reach adolescence at the age of six, and since I’m eight that technically makes me yer senior!” She smirked.

Sputtering, the brunette looked up at the younger girl before slamming her hands down. “THAT DOESN’T CHANGE THE FACT YOU STILL LOOK AND ACT LIKE A CHILD! Mature my ass!” Feeling her brow twitching now, Casey growled before lowering her head towards her. “And are ya tryin to imply somethin? Eh?” “I’m not implying anything; I’m calling you a kid!”

Stomping her foot angrily, various curses escaped the redhead's lips before she clenched her fingers around the smaller girl. “Now look ere! Jus cus I look like a one, doesn’t make me one! Half the girl's ere look like children, but they’re older than yerself to! So don’t go preachin age to us when you ain’t even that old either!”

Crossing her arms beneath the angry girl’s hand, Abby was silent as she ignored the redhead. Yesterday this probably would have frightened her, but now she had come to realize the Dullahan only acted violently when she was arguing. She really wasn’t that violent of a person in general though. But, even so… she probably shouldn’t openly antagonize the girl, even if she was wrong.

“F-Fine, you may think you’re older than you are, but you still are just children!” Tsking, Casey shook her head before catching it as it fell off her shoulders. “Fuckin twit ya are. Fine, believe what ya want. No skin off my back.” She mumbled before she began walking once more.

If she wanted to act all high and mighty on her then fuck it, let her be. It wasn’t like she enjoyed last night either… kind of. Blushing a bit, the redhead scowled as she remembered the delicious flavors from before. Human energy really was something else. Too bad the only human they had was a fucking prude…

Noticing the loudmouthed girl sighing silently, Abby nodded before closing her eyes. Hopefully, she would drop the subject now and stop messing with her. She had been acting all cutesy with her since she had woken up. It was embarrassing!

Gazing down quietly as she thought about the morning they shared, the smaller girl sighed as well. “T-Thank you for the clothes by the way…” Glancing back to Abby, Casey shrugged before smiling coyly. “Eh, it’s the least I could do for wreckin yer other ones. They fit alright?”

Tugging on her black and white frilled dress, the smaller girl nodded before shaking her head. “They do… b-but why are they identical to yours?” Blushing, Casey looking away sheepishly before chuckling. “Heh, w-well I just thought you'd look good in them. I-If you want them changed I can, I mean!” She stammered quietly before growing silent.

Glancing towards the girl’s neck as she saw smoke rising freely, Abby gently shook her head. “No… it’s fine. Don’t use any more energy than you have to. How long can you keep this dress up? Doesn’t it drain you to make clothes that aren’t attached to your body?” She had made this for her out of her shadow after all.

Humming, Casey scratched her cheek before shrugging. “First time I’ve ever done it. I guess if ya stay near me it won’t take too much to keep the things up.” She felt fine honestly. With her reserves replenished like they were last night, she felt great. More than great actually… she had never felt this full before.

The power she was experiencing was vibrating through her whole body leaving a wonderful tingling sensation. Just the thought of feeling like this all the time was intoxicating. Sighing sadly at the realization it wouldn’t be permanent, Casey tucked her head under her again before looking back to the smaller girl. She seemed lost in her own thoughts as well.

Rubbing her hands over her arms, the brunette grew quiet as she scowled angrily. She still had goosebumps up and down her skin. What Casey had done to her last night… as much as she hated it, a part of her didn’t. Clenching her hands tightly, Abby glared at the ground as her mind went over the feelings she was experiencing.

‘I-It is wrong… Two girls can’t like each other, and shouldn’t.’ So why did Casey act so second natural to the whole experience? It was as if she didn’t see the problem in it. But why? Even if she was a Hominal, they had to know it’s supposed to be one guy and one girl…

Didn’t she feel shame for what she did? She did, so, why not Casey? Peeking over at the redhead, their eyes each met before both girls blushed. “W-W-What the hell are ya lookin at!” “N-Nothing!” Thanks to her… she had made this whole bodyguard deal kind of awkward now…

Hopefully, they could just get back to Kari soon so she could continue her care over her patient. Maybe Najia was doing better today. Frowning silently, Abby shook her head before cupping her hands. She was actually finding herself rooting for the Kitsune to recover… Monster aside.

Perhaps taking her on as a patient was a mistake after all. She didn’t want to spend the rest of her life taking care of Monsters and Humans. That would be a rather vicious cycle. Lying back onto Casey’s hand, the brunette closed her eyes before shaking her head. What a terrible thought indeed.

Looking to her human passenger, Casey chuckled before petting the smaller girls head. “Still tired? Hell, I wish ya told me that. I was game for snuggling with ya a bit more anyways. Just holdin ya makes my shadow tingle.” She snickered.

Ignoring the younger girl’s words, Abby opted for silence as she laid still. There was no point getting into another argument over things like this. It was only a matter of time till they were… stopping?

Blinking her tired eyes, Abby leaned up before looking over to Casey. “Hey, what’s up? Why’d we stop?” Standing as stiff as a board, Casey narrowed her eyes as she peered around the darkness that accompanied them. She didn’t know why… but, she could feel something… something she couldn’t before.

“Hey, hey, Casey!” Gritting her teeth, the redhead moved her head back onto her neck before her shadow coiled around it to keep it in place. “Shhh… stay quite, Abby. I don’t think we’re alone…” Gawking at the younger girl, the human quickly turned around as she peeked down the different hallways around them. They were in another intersecting area.

Walking towards one of the walls near her, Casey rested her back against it before pressing her free hand into the stone. Closing her eyes, she held her breath before listening intently. It seemed her senses were at their highest now too thanks to Abby. Had they not been… she probably would have missed it.

There it was again! Furrowing her brow, the younger girl clenched her eyes as she forced herself to listen carefully. The rumble of the walls… it was water on the outside of their caverns. The pattering of stones in the distance, it was just dirt falling from the stalactites… the squeaking though… what was…

 

“Hehehehe~”

 

Snapping her eyes open, Casey clenched Abby in her hand tightly before she took off in a sprint, her face pale now as it dawned on her what it was she had heard earlier. They weren’t alone. Yelping as she was flipped about in the Dullahan’s hand, Abby poked her head up before looking up at her.

“C-C-Casey, what is… it…” Feeling her voice die off, the smaller girl shivered. Her face… she looked, scared. ‘C-Casey…?’ what did she have to be scared of? Looking back down the dark tunnels, the brunette shook her head. She didn’t hear anything. So what had the redhead so frightened?

Rounding a nearby corner, Casey came to a halt before touching the walls once more. She could feel them coming! ‘D-Damn their fast today. Fuck me, why now of all days?’ This was poor timing for sure. Feeling her anger rise, the redhead grew cold as she called upon her shadow. If they wanted to play, then she’d play. There wasn’t a chance she was going to let them find out about Abby!

Shivering quietly, the shrunken brunette watched in confusion as Casey continued to growl. “C-Cas-“ Going silent, the smaller girl screamed in surprise as shadows shot out in every direction around them before all the light in the cave faded… faded to black. She could see nothing…

Feeling her heart pounding in her chest painfully, Abby whimpered in fear before shrieking as Casey’s fingers tightened around her… at least, she figured they were hers. “Don’t worry Abby… I’ll protect you.” Shivering in her hand, the teenager nodded timidly before frowning. She didn’t have the heart to tell her the reason she was so scared was because of her.

Being in this blackened void… it was terrifying. No light was around them. So, how would Casey know where to go? Kneeling on the ground, no longer attempting to outrun them which from experience always ended badly, the Dullahan choose her only other course of action… she’d have to fight.

Keeping her free hand firmly pressed into the sandy stone walls, the redhead glared intently at the void around her before standing up abruptly. “NOT THIS TIME YOU LITTLE SHITS!” Slamming her hand through the rocks, the redhead grinned savagely as she gripped the one she had heard within them. Tearing something out of the wall, Abby watched through the murky darkness as a darkened figure was thrown into the opposite wall.

‘S-S-She p-punched a hole in the wall?!’ She didn’t know Casey was that strong… It was actually kind of intimidating. Stepping over to the limping figure, Casey willed her shadow to leave before taking a look at which one she had grabbed.

“Hurts doesn’t it! Tell your sister to back the fuck off or else I’ll-“ Growing silent as she felt it too late, Casey turned around rapidly, but she was already on her. Stumbling backward's as something slammed into the Dullahan’s face, the redhead staggered before the dark veil around them lifted.

“C-CASEY!” Falling to her knee’s, the younger girl steadied herself before reaching up towards her neck… Following the girl's movements, Abby paled. Her head was gone! Stomping her foot angrily, the headless girl made some frantic gestures before taking off in a random direction much to the teen’s surprise.

This was the first time she had ever seen the girl’s body move so… fluently without her head. Ducking past corners and avoiding the rocks around her, Casey continued to run much to Abby’s amazement. It was like she knew where she was going even without her head attached.

‘I-Is it because of her shadow?’ It really was amazing… but, she had to focus on the present and analyze the girl later. Something small had just taken her head! Thinking back in the darkness, the brunette mulled over what that creature was before shaking her head.

It was short, almost half the size of Casey, maybe even less. It couldn’t have been more than two feet tall. And… and it was inside the walls. ‘S-So it can burrow, or it uses tunnels to move around.’ She didn’t have a clue what Monsters fell under that category…

There was Beastials who lived underground, but they were pretty big. So what the hell was this creature! Feeling both her and Casey come to a rather sudden stop, the Dullahan looked around before her shadow rose all around her.

“A-Are they here…?” They were in an empty passageway. Did the redhead get lost without her head or-, Screeching as headless girl smashed another hole in the wall, Abby clung to her free hand tightly. This was freaking her out!

But… her intuition of sorts had been spot on. Leaping out of the hole, two miniature figures darted down the cave as they carried something in their hands… “I SAID LET GO OF ME YOU FUCKING CUNTS! I’M GOING TO KICK BOTH YER ASSES IN AND MAKE EACH OF YOU-“ Hearing the chain of curses fading in the direction the creatures darted, Abby blinked slowly before gawking.

“T-T-They’re taking your head with them?! W-What the fuck is going on!” Palming her face now as she looked up at Casey’s body, the human shook her head. She was actually expecting an answer from the girl before it dawned on her…

Running after the two creatures once again, the Dullahan began picking up the pace as her shadow coiled around her. It seemed like things were probably going to get serious now. Feeling the redhead's hand grip her tightly, Abby clung back before screaming as they shot forward at near impossible speeds. ‘HOW IS SHE THIS FAST?!’ She was running fast enough to leave a trail in her wake!

Peering in front of them, the brunette shielded her eyes as dirt kicked up around her before narrowing her eyes. She could see them… Sprinting a bit further ahead, both the strange creatures passed what she presumed was Casey’s head back and forth between them before…

Skidding to a halt, the headless girl pulled her arm back before punching the wall the two had crawled into one again. Splintering, the rocks fell away before one of the creatures fell out… and it was carrying Casey’s head!

Grunting in discomfort as her head fell into the rocky grounds beneath her, Casey cursed before looking up at her body. “FUCKING BITCH! I’LL KILL YA WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON YA!” Wrapping a shadow around her head, the redhead shot it back into herself before clutching it tightly.

“D-Damn it, fucking hell I hate those two!” Looking up at the younger girl as she pushed her head back in place, Abby was quiet for a moment before whimpering. “A-A-Are you alright, Casey?” Glaring down at the smaller girl accidentally, the Dullahan sighed before nodding.

“Y-Yeah, I’m fine now. Those freaking cunts didn’t make it to their territory yet so we’re lucky…” Blinking, Casey looked down at her hand before smiling softly as she saw the shrunken human hugging her hand. “I-I’m glad you're alright… w-what the hell we’re those things!”

Rubbing the back of her head sheepishly where she had been hit, the redhead groaned before shaking her head. “They're a fuckin pain is what they are. I’ll tell ya later once we’re back in my… domain…” Gulping, the younger girl grew silent once more before her shadows shot up once more.

“You little shits don’t give up do ya…” Clinging to her guardian fearfully, Abby shivered as she heard it now… heard what these things were. It was faint… but in the cavern they were in now, their voices echoed loudly… Their voices were coming from everywhere!

 

“Hehehe, did you hear her screaming El? She sounds really, really mad!”

 

“Hahahaha! She is mad Em! I wanna take her head again, let’s play more!”

 

“No, no, no El, we can’t do that! Mistress said we needed to grab the, you know what! We can’t disappoint the Mistress. We’ll play with CC next time…”

 

“Oh, no fun! I wanted to have more fun with her! Fiiiiiine… let's grab it and head back. Mistress will be pleased if we do as she says, right?”

 

“Definitely!”

 

“Then let’s go!”

 

As the voices died down again, both Casey and Abby stiffened before hearing the walls around them rumbling. “Abby… go in my pocket… and don’t make a sound.” Glancing up to the fear-stricken girl, the teenager nodded timidly before sliding off the redhead's hand and into her black dress pocket.

Cupping her head and waiting in silence, the teenager tried to be as quiet as possible. She didn’t hear much… but it sounded like whoever these two were… might know about her too. She couldn’t be sure but it seemed Casey was worried now to… but, not for herself.

Wrapping her right arm up in a set of linen bandages, the redhead flexed her fist before nodding. “Alright… round two you cunt's.” She wouldn’t hold back now that Abby was involved. Hearing it right before it happened, Casey’s shadow shot up to her left before the walls split apart as a figure dashed out.

Punching through the black mass, the redhead smirked as she knocked one of them down into the ground before jumping back as the ceiling collapsed right where she had been. “H-HEY DON’T BRING THE FUCKIN CAVE DOWN YOU EEJIT’S!” Hearing a chorus of playful laughter as her only response, the Dullahan grew enraged.

Forcing her shadows all around her once again till the cave was pitch black, the younger girl clenched her hands before closing her eyes. She could see them now… Punching the air, parts of her shadow stabbed into the wall as she tried to hit the two creatures around her.

If they couldn’t get near her, then they couldn’t make a grab for her head… or worse, for Abby. Repeatedly punching the shadows, more and more holes lined the walls as she tried to hit them, but fuck they were fast!

Listening as she heard them darting around inside the walls, her eyes snapped open in surprise before she rolled forward, the roof falling over her again. They were using the frail foundation to their advantage! “Fuck you two!” She was going to have to move them out of the middle caverns.

If she got back to her domain then they couldn’t use the walls to their advantage anymore… then again, who knows how many tunnel networks these two little freaks had made already… Batting at the two sprinting shapes as they ran through the fractured walls, both suddenly leaped out before aiming for her.

 

“Come on, play with us CC!”

“Come on and play, haha!”

 

Clapping her hands, Casey smiled viciously. She’d play alright! Slamming her shadows together, the redheaded girl laughed as she felt them both trapped in her shadow. “Screw ya both ya little shits!” She did it!

Forcing her shadow to compact on itself, Casey focused intently on her makeshift prison. All she had to do now was take keep them inside there for a few hours while she made her way back to her friends. Hopefully, Kari wasn’t too worried. They had been gone for-,

Hearing a cracking noise behind her, Casey turned around in surprise before gawking as the ground shot up in front of her. “Tag!” Springing onto the Dullahan, one of the creatures kicked off her before laughing hysterically as she ran away.

Coughing in pain, Casey spat on the ground before opening her shadows… rocks falling out where the two creatures should have been. ‘D-Did they get even faster this time?’ She just couldn’t match the little shits…

Moving into a defensive stance, the redhead growled quietly as she listened… but, all was silent now. Blinking in confusion, Casey looked around at the war-torn cavern before sighing. They were gone. That had been a rather abrupt retreat. Did they get tired of her or something?

“Hey Abby, I think it’s safe to come out now… Abby?” Looking to her pocket, the redhead reached in before her eyes shot open. Yanking her dress forward, the younger girl paled. There was a hole in her pocket…

Abby was gone…

 

Clenching her fists in rage, Casey shuddered before screaming angrily. Where the fuck was she!

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Gritting her teeth in discomfort, Abby groaned quietly before rubbing her battered arm. She had been confined for most of whatever went on but at some point she found herself falling to the dirt below. Resting her back against one of the cave walls near her, the brunette looked around shakily.

She didn’t have a clue where she was but she could hear Casey… screaming? Raising her hands towards her mouth, Abby was about to scream back before the younger girl's words echoed in her mind. ‘S-Stay quite… right…’ Whimpering, the teenager pulled her knee’s to her chest as she tried to look small.

She hoped Casey knew where she was. She seemed to have a good understanding of where she was going before when her head was taken… but, what about with her missing? Would she know how to find her to?

“J-Just stay calm… relax. Casey said she’ll protect you, Abby. All you need to do… is… relax…” Shivering as she tried to console herself, the teenager frowned. She was scared… alone, alone… and scared. If one of the other girls that presumably resided in this cave came and found her… that would be it.

Hopefully, Casey found her first before it came to that. ‘Alright… knock it off. You just need to… to…’ Hearing a faint swirling noise behind her, almost like water churning in a tub, Abby quivered in fear as she felt it… felt something, behind her…

Turning her head slowly, the brunette lower jaw trembled as her eyes tried to process what it was she was seeing. Behind her where the cave wall had once been… was a large murky black spiral of… something. B-But… but it was the two hands coming out of it that rendered her speechless…

Extending through the grim, black portal, both petite pale hands reached forward deliberately slow as they began to lower towards her. They were trying to grab her! Falling backward's, Abby screamed, screamed louder than she thought she ever had. This… this was a nightmare. She had never witnessed anything as horrifying as this! Shrieking in terror, the brunette crawled on her back as she tried to get away from the two seemingly floating severed hands.

As they reached her, both began to lower down over her before the smaller girl finally found her words through the immeasurable fear she felt petrifying her. “N-N-NO, S-STAY AWAY FROM M-ME! DON’T TOUCH ME!” Clenching both eyes shut, the teenager curled into a fettle position before whimpering. What was going to happen to her… what was that… thing… what did it want…

As seconds ticked by, Abby continued to clench her eyes shut before feeling the hair on the back of her neck lower. Peeking a tear-filled eye open, the shrunken human sniffled before looking around. The portal… along with the hands, it was gone?

Trembling where she sat, Abby kept her eyes locked on the wall where the strange murky shadows had been. She wasn’t hallucinating… she could feel them, feel their presence. That was one hundred percent real… so, what just happened?

 

“Look Em, what is it?”

 

“I don’t know El, it looks weird.”

 

Time seemed to slow once again for the brunette now as she felt the feeling from before rising once again. Turning around her stomach dropped now as she saw them… Standing over her with their hands resting on their hips, two figures towered over her petite form… their azure and crimson eyes shining in the darkness as they studied her…

 

Once again… she had been found. But her worst fears were realized… it wasn’t Casey who found her…

 

It was the two creatures who had attacked them before…

 

And this time, she was on her own…

 

 

 

 

 

To be continued…

 

End Notes:

 

Well there you have it. What will befall Abby now, "grins"

 

:P

 

Please review if you'd like, i'll see you next week!

Impatience is a virtue... by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

 

Whats going on everyone :D

 

And we're back with another chapter I'm happy to bring you all. This one took a little longer but it's built up exactly how I wanted it for the next chapters to come. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did writing it. ;)

 

Feel free to tell me how you feel, you know your words inspire me to keep writing!

 

Enjoy!

 

 

 

“Is it a pixie?”

 

“No, it’s skin’s not blue Em. It has to be a fairy!”

 

“But fairies have those pretty, pretty wings! No, it’s not a fairy…”

 

“Then a Gremlin?”

 

“She doesn’t look that smart to me. Look at her shaking like that El.”

 

“Then, what is she?”

 

 

Trembling in fear, Abby pressed her back against the damp cavern walls as she looked up in terror. Standing over her, were two little girls… if you could even call them that. Both were about the exact same size… and looked the exact same age… but that’s where their similarities ended. One had a pinkish pale skin, with a rosy hue to it. Her hair was pale lavender with a faded hint of white giving it a ghostly appearance. Dressed in some kind of pink and purple leather that did absolutely nothing to cover up her body, her knee high boots and arm high gloves matched in appearance following along with her short mini skirt and one piece top that connected in the back. But, of course, she also had certain… features that made her stick out even more, much like the girl standing next to her. A pair of small leathery bat wings twitched behind her as she continued to speak with the other girl, her sharp spaded tail wagging back and forth frantically.

Arguing back with the pink one being just as vocal as she was, the other girl was a strange sight as well. Her skin, unlike her partners, was a pale navy blue pigment, and her attire certainly matched along the lines as the other one. Wearing little to no clothes whatsoever, her knee high boots were high heeled and black, with a pair of matching skulls on each of her shoes. Resting up to her upper arms as well her black gloves ended where her clothing began to become obscene. Over her nonexistent chest, it didn’t even look like she was wearing a top! It was only by the good graces of her black bow choker she wore that its frills fell down far enough to cover her. The same could be said with her undergarments… if you could even call them that. A long black string connected them from front to back leaving absolutely nothing to the imagination. But, once again like the other girl beside her she had a small pair of twitching bat wings and a matching leather tail that swung around freely as she bickered with the pink one, though, hers ended in a sharp point instead of a spade.

It was hard for her to figure out what they were before, frankly, there were just too many distinguishing factors for her… but, she had a hunch. The way they were acting right now… it was downright childish.

 

“I’m telling you it’s a Gremlin El!”

 

“And I said it’s a Gnome!”

 

“Gremlin!”

 

“Gnome!”

 

“Gremlin!”

 

“Gnome!”

 

“GREMLIN”

 

“GNOME!”

 

“Wait, Em, why not just ask her?”

 

“Huh… I guess we can?”

 

Jumping in surprise as both the little creatures looked back down at her, their red and blue eyes peered down at her quizzically before they crouched over her. “Hi, hi tiny Gremlin! Can you tell us what you are?” “Yes, please tell us what you are! You’re a Gnome right, right!”

Licking her lips as she stared up at both girls imposing sizes, Abby tried to speak but she just couldn’t seem to find the words to say. While smaller then Kari and Casey by far, both girls still towered over her. She barely came up to their knees!

As seconds ticked by, demon like girls pouted before looking back at one another. “Can she not talk?” “I don’t know she’s quiet isn’t she.” “Hmm,” “hmm…” Taking tiny steps to the right as she clung to the wall behind her, the teenager’s eyes beaded as she tried to think of a way out of this. It seemed she had the attention of both these strange girls… but, it didn’t seem like they had a very good attention span, to begin with.

“OH, OH, OH! EM, EM, I THINK I KNOW WHAT SHE IS!” “R-Really El? Tell me, tell me!” Looking back at the smaller creature in front of them, the pink once bounced up and down giddily before pointing towards her. “Since she has no wings, she’s not a fairy, and her skins not blue so she’s not a pixie! And her clothes aren’t dirty so she’s not a gnome either! And she doesn’t smell gross so she’s not a Goblin!”

Tapping her foot rapidly, the blue-skinned one nodded frantically before thrusting her hands down impatiently. “Then tell me what she is El, stop being mean!” Pouting, the pink one inched her face closer to the brunette as she studied her. “What if… she’s the thing Mistress asked us to find for her?”

Feeling her breath hitch, Abby trembled now as she watched both the girl's eye’s narrow. This wasn’t good. “But… but the Mistress told us to fetch a human. She said one was being hidden here… humans are big El! Look at how tiny she is!” The blue one defended before taking another look at Abby.

“But, she does kind of look like one. Tiny creature, are you the human our Mistress asked us to take to her?” Gulping as she felt her voice returning slowly, the teenager did the only thing she could think of. She lied. “N-No… I-I’m not a h-h-human…”

Groaning both girls hung their heads before looking back at each other once again. “Aww I thought for a second she was the Human El!” “Yeah… me to Em. I’m sorry…” Pouting both girls crossed their arms before mimicking one another as hey pondered different thoughts.

“Well. We better go catch up with CC. Mistress said she had the human with her. Oh wait, little person, did you see the hum-“The blue skinned one began before blinking. Looking down both girls turned their heads in confusion. The girl was gone…

Running away from both the little monster girls, Abby pulled her black dress up as she tried not to trip over it. ‘J-Jeez, how does Casey run in this?!’ This was an accident waiting to happen. Rounding a small corner, the brunette hid behind the wall before clutching her chest.

Panting tiredly as she caught her breath, the teenager looked over the wall before sighing in relief. She didn’t see either of the two girls. “T-T-Thank god…” She thought they were going to catch her. “Wow, you’re really slow tiny, tiny. If you don’t try harder you’ll never win at Tag.”

Paling, Abby trembled in fear as she heard a voice above her. Raising her head slowly to look up, the brunette screamed in fright, she was back. Poking her head out of the wall, the blue-skinned girl from before looked down at her curiously before smiling.

“That wasn’t very nice running away like that! You didn’t even tell us you wanted to play Tag, we love that game!” Kicking off the wall, Abby wheezed as she forced herself to run. She had to find Casey! Looking behind her again, the brunette shivered as she saw the little girl watching her silently before she pulled her head back into the wall.

‘G-G-Get away, n-need to get away!’ Sprinting to one of the rock formations near her, the shrunken girl skid on the ground before ducking behind it. Panting even harder than before, Abby coughed as she felt her lungs giving out. She couldn’t run very well, she never was athletic really. But… if she could at least hide till Casey came around then maybe, just maybe she could- “Hi tiny!”

Screeching, the teenager fell on her back before looking behind her. Trembling in fear as a small pair of lithe hands moved out from a tiny crack at the base of the wall, Abby watched in horror as the pink skinned monster girl began clawing her way out from the wall. Grunting a bit, the lavender haired creature popped herself out before sighing.

“Aww, we need to make these cracks bigger Em, I feel self-conscious now!” She whined before an identical pair of hands began clawing their way out behind her. “Nonsense! You’re as cute as they come, El! These walls are just big meanies is all!”

Bouncing up and down happily, the pink girl giggled before tugging on her partner’s hand bringing them both out of the wall now. Feeling herself pressed against the very rocks she had tried to use to hide with, Abby quivered as she saw both of the strange girls standing up as they dusted themselves off.

“Phew, that was a little fun. Too bad you can’t run very far.” “Yeah, yeah! I want to play more!” Looking back down at the smaller human, both girls giggled in unison before kneeling down over her once again. “Next time tell us you want to play tag and we’ll give you a head start, alright?” “Hey, hey… do you think she was playing tag with us or… did she want to run away from us?”

“What! Why would she want to run from us, it’s not like we’re after her Em!” “Well, I know, I know but… what if she… IS the one we’re really after, after all?” Blinking, both girls looked down at Abby again as they watched her trembling in fear. “She’s small…” “But she does smell like a Human, doesn’t she…”

Screaming as both their heads were in front of her, the smaller girl shook violently as they began sniffing her loudly, their faces just inches apart from her own. “I smell Energy!” “Me too! Me too! She does smell like a Human!” “YOU’RE A TINY HUMAN!” They wailed before bouncing up and down happily.

Clutching her chest tighter as she felt her heart beginning to sink, Abby whimpered before closing her eyes. She couldn’t run from them, she tried that and failed miserably. Who was she kidding? She saw firsthand how fast these creatures could be… And now… they knew she was a human. What would become of her?

“What’s your name?” “Yeah, yeah! What’s your name?” Staring off to the side, the brunette licked her lips before speaking, her voice doing little to mask the fear she felt. “A-A-Abby…” Looking towards one another, both girls giggled again before waving to her.

“Hi, hi, Abby! My name’s Emma!” “And my name’s Ella!” “We were sent to find you, but-“ “We didn’t think you were this small!” “You’re so cute, just look at you!” “Yeah, yeah! I’ve never seen a Human so cute before!” “So cute,” “Cuuuute!” They wailed before dropping on the ground in front of her as they sat down.

Blushing silently as she was repeatedly called *cute*, the teenager Looked up at both girls again as she studied them. The blue creature, known as Emma, and the pink creature known as Ella… “W-What are you two?” She had guessed but… hearing it from the horse’s mouth was probably the easiest way of finding out.

Blinking, both girls looked to one another before bursting into laughter. “Aww, she doesn’t know what we are!” “So cute! So cute!” Hugging one another, they laughed happily before looked back to the irritated girl in excitement.  She was getting tired of them calling her that!

“Well, tiny Human Abby, Em and I are Imps!” “Yep, yep, we’re sisters too!” “Both from the same litter we are!” “Yep! Surprised? Strange look… huh…” Watching as the teenager furrowed her brow now, both Ella and Emma turned their heads in confusion.

“I-Imp… Sisters…?” Nodding their heads, both girls clung to one another before cuddling. “Yep, sis is my sis,” “And sis is my sis!” They chittered strangely before looking back to Abby. Scratching her cheek, the smaller girl went over her knowledge of imps before frowning. This didn’t add up very well in her head.

“D-Don’t imps… usually, look the same? You said you were both from the same… l-litter?” Nodding again, the dark blue one propped her chin up on her hand before smiling. “Well, of course, we don’t look the same silly. I’m Emma and she’s Ella.” “And I’m Ella and she’s Emma!”

Feeling her brow beginning to twitch, Abby scowled before crossing her arms. “B-B-But you just said you were twins! From the same litter means you were born at the same time right? Why are you b-blue, and you pink?” She stammered quietly. Her curiosity was overriding her fear once again… she really had to get that under control…

Looking to one another, both Emma and Ella hummed before looking back down at Abby. “Well… I’m a Shade imp.” “And I’m a Twee Imp!” “We’re both sisters,” “and from the same litter.” “We have the same Mom,” “Or had one,” “But that doesn’t mean we’re going to all be the same type.” They finished together before frowning as they saw the smaller girl trying to process this.

“Just because you have your pretty, pretty brown hair, does that mean your siblings have to have it too?” Frowning, Abby shook her head quietly before defending her point. “G-Genetics dictate that the dominant partner passes on their traits to their children… s-so why don’t you both have at least some similarity between you then?”

Crossing their arms both girls grew confused from her words before groaning. “I don’t know what that means… but we got our species from our daddies is that helps.” She shrugged. Blinking once, then twice, Abby gawked quietly as she let Ella's words connect. ‘D-D-Daddies… p-plural?’

“Y-You two have, different… fathers?” Nodding their heads, both girls grinned before looking at one another. “Yep, Yep! My Dad had to have been a bad man, which is why I’m so sneaky!” “And my Daddy was probably really sweet! He must have treated Mommy really nice!”

Sputtering as she listened to their ridiculous remarks, Abby slumped against the rock she was resting at before shaking her head. She was completely confused! “H-H-How is that even possible? H-Having different parents but the same mother?” If they were born apart she could see that happening, it wasn’t uncommon in nobility to have children in secret… but the way they talked it up they made it sound like they really were sisters.

Wagging their tails back and forth, both girls smiled happily before clinging to each other. “Well, our Mommy probably wanted a big, big litter of us!” “So she had to have seduced a lot of different men.” “And once she had enough of their Energy,” “she gave birth to our litter!” “None of us Imps look the same usually. It’s rare for two of any litter to look the same.” “Yeah, yeah! Then there would be twin, twins!”

Laughing, both girls giggled in fits before shaking their heads. ‘So… Imps can breed with multiple partners and the outcomes entirely random to which they birth?’ It… it was fascinating really. Looking up at each of the girls as they continued to giggle amongst the other, Abby sighed quietly.

So twin sisters, who looked nothing alike, acted completely different… and were different species of Imp. This was just too weird… even after everything she had seen. Feeling her curiosity sated, at least for now, the teenager began shivering once more before clutching her arms. “S-So… So what d-did you want with… me…?” She whispered quietly. She was scared again, plain and simple. Hopefully, these girls were as harmless as they sounded…

Blinking, both Emma and Ella looked down at Abby in silence before they gawked. “OH WAIT, WE WERE SUPPOSED TO CAPTURE YOU WEREN’T WE!” “OH NOOOOOOOO, MISTRESS WILL BE MAD!” Reaching down to pick her up, Ella smiled brightly at the smaller human before stopping abruptly as she saw the shrunken girl flinch as she neared her.

“Huh? What’s wrong little Human Abby? Y-You… you don’t think I’m going to hurt you… d-do you?” Ella mumbled quietly before tears started to form under her eyes. Gawking, Emma shook her head furiously before pointing to the brunette.

“No of course not sis! There’s no way she would think you’d hurt her! Right little Human! H-Human Abby?” Growing quiet as she saw the smaller girl pressing herself further away from them both, the second of the sisters whimpered before tears filled her eyes as well.

“NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!” “NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!” “WE LOVE HUMANS’ WE PROMISE!” “Y-YEAH, WE WOULD NEVER HURT A HUMAN! THERE THE BEST!” “YEAH, YEAH! DON’T FEAR US PLEASE!” They both wailed before crying loudly.

Stiffening as she heard their pleas, the teenager looked up at them surprised as he watched both little Imps crying hysterically. ‘D-Did I do that…?’ Who in their right mind wouldn’t be terrified if they were put in her spot?

Feeling rather guilty now as the two twins continued to cry on each other’s shoulders, Abby sighed quietly before raising her hands up calmingly. “S-So… you two, don’t… dislike, Humans? N-Not even a little?” Sniffling, both Emma and Ella looked up before wiping each other’s tears away.

“Of course not! How could we ever hate you, Humans?” “Yeah, Yeah! Your kind is always so nice to us! You used to feed us so much delicious Energy whenever we asked!” “And you were always in the mood to play with us too! You humans would chase us all the way from town to town! It was so much fun!” “Even the times when you Humans threw those pointy sticks at us, we had fun dodging them!” “We kind of miss playing Tag with all of them…” “CC doesn’t play Tag with us the same way. She can be a little rough…” They both sighed before lowering their heads.

Paling as she listened to their words, a few things came to mind from their descriptions of… playing with them. “So, you stole people’s essence… were chased out of towns… and people threw, weapons at you? A-And you still like us?” She mumbled in surprise.

Bouncing up and down giddily, both sisters nodded happily before clinging to one another. “Uh huh! W-Well… Your kind was always so thoughtful to me and Em!” Ella chirped before her sister weighed in. “Yeah, yeah! You Humans were the best! Always playful and always friendly!” She laughed before they both looked down at the smaller girl expectantly.

Sweating a bit as she tried to see if they were making this up or not, the teenager finally hung her head when she determined they weren’t. ‘Do they not realize that what they described was them, r-raping people, being hunted down, and chased out of towns?’ How naive could they possibly be?

“S-S-So… so is the little Human Abby still s-scared of us…?” Ella whimpered quietly before shrinking a bit, her wings folding down behind her for the first time. Looking up at the saddened girl as she sulked in despair, the brunette sighed before shaking her head.

“W-Well… I-I guess, not. O-Or at least not as much anymore…” They looked like children who were just scolded by their mother. Of course, she wouldn’t be scared of that! B-But… a Monster was a Monster… but, they were only Imps… so…

Rubbing her brow as she weighed her doubts in her mind, the teenager finally flopped down before shaking her head. “N-No… I’m not scared of you two. Neither of you two has given me a reason to be… yet.” She mumbled quietly before looking up.

Jumping in surprise as both Emma and Ella looked at her with tear-filled eyes, Abby was about to try and comfort them again before screeching as she was clutched in each of their hands within seconds of her prior remark. “OH THANK YOU LITTLE ABBY!” “YES THANK YOU, THANK YOU! WE PROMISE WE WON’T HURT YOU!” “PROMISE, PROMISE, PROMISE!” They cheered before each taking their turns nuzzling the startled girl into their cheeks.

Sputtering as she was passed back and forth, Abby tried to speak but her face was being constantly smooshed into each of theirs! Hearing both Imp’s chittering and making strange noises she had never even heard before, the brunette finally relented as she let both of them hug and pet her gleefully. It seemed to be making them really happy…

Perhaps this wasn’t so bad after all. Considering this massive cavern was home to a homicidal and prejudice fire breathing toddler, she shouldn’t be too picky with who found her. But, even so… it was kind of their fault she got separated from Casey, to begin with. Now she just needed to find a way to convince them to bring her back-

Feeling her mind suddenly go blank, Abby jumped in surprise as her face was enveloped by something other than one of their cheeks. Mewing contently as she pressed on the back of the brunette's head, Ella closed her eyes as she gently pushed the smaller girl’s head into her puckered lips.

Sputtering as her face was smothered by the pink girls pert and soft lips, the teenager thrashed in the younger girls grip before she was withdrawn. “Ella, what are you doing?!” Emma screeched before snatching away the dazed teen in her own hands. “Don’t hog the little human Abby all to yourself!” Looking up slowly as she tried to regain her senses after what had just happened, it took but a few seconds for the smaller girl to piece together her sentence, but, by then it was too late…

Pushing Abby into her own lips this time, the darker blue Imp purred happily as she gently pet circles on the back of the smaller girls head. ‘W-W-What, are they d-doing…’ What was happening? Breaking their kiss after about thirty seconds, Emma panted happily as she saw the staggered look the little human wore.

“S-She tastes so sweet doesn’t she!” “Yeah, yeah! Like honey and cream!” Watching in silence, Abby tried to will her body to react to the two faces inching closer to her… but, it wasn’t responding to her! Chattering in their strange way again, both Imps leaned in before pressing on either side of her head as they smothered her in kisses.

Even with her head being forced back and forth by their lips, she still couldn’t find a reason to react! It was like her body was drifting off to sleep… She just felt… happy… really happy, actually. Lifting the human off the ground, Ella cradled her gently in her arms as she and her sister continued to trade kisses with her.

“S-So cute… you’re so cute…” The Twee Imp whispered before nuzzling Abby gleefully. Trailing her forked tongue up and down the paralyzed girl's side, Emma pulled back before licking her lips. “Cute and tasty! How could you ever think we hated you, Humans? You’re delicious!”

Giggling, both sisters moved closer to one another before Emma straddled her sister, Abby nestled between both their bodies now. ‘W-W-Why… can’t I move? W-What have you two done to me! H-H-Help!’ Sitting in complete silence as her body was fondled left and right by the two larger Imps, the teenager’s lips slowly started to twitch upward.

“Look, look El! She likes us!” “Oh, you’re smiling! You do like us! We like you to little human Abby!” Smiling crookedly, the brunette shivered as she felt her body beginning to heat up on its own. She was no longer in control of herself… she was a prisoner in her own skin…

Pulling the teens face into her bare chest, Emma kissed the top of her head happily as she watched her sister’s delicate hands gently rubbing circles on her back. “D-Does it feel good? We live to please you, Humans!” “Yeah, Yeah! Let us please you more!”

Smiling robotically, the shrunken girl began to nod earning a gleeful squeal from both the Imps she was sharing a moment with. Watching from inside her own mind, Abby screamed and tried to regain control, but no matter what she did, her body was distant to her commands. This was terrifying! She was completely at their mercy…

‘P-P-Please… d-don’t do anything to me… p-please…’ “Hey, Hey! Look at her clothes, their all wispy like CC’s!” Paling, Abby wanted to cover herself in embarrassment, but once again… she couldn’t move. Watching in despair as her black dress Casey had made her began to evaporate, the brunette wanted to cry.

‘S-She must be to f-far from me to keep it up…’ Why at a time like this… As the last of her black regal attire faded away, both the Imp sisters shuddered as they gazed longingly at the shrunken girl's bare assets. “Your skin… it looks so rich like cream…” Ella whispered quietly.

“Y-Yeah, yeah… and pale, like porcelain…” Emma murmured. Gasping as she felt a hand move between her legs, Abby sat stiffly as she was lifted up towards their faces, one of their hands resting between her legs as some type of seat.

‘P-P-Please… s-stop…’ Why did she want them to stop…? Feeling her chin guided upwards by one of their fingers, Abby looked up into Emma’s crimson eyes as the little Imp gazed at her hungrily. “Little human Abby… you’re so sweet… so cute… so, precious…” she whispered in a daze of her own before puckering her lips.

Kissing the smaller girls face once again, Abby felt her mind growing fuzzy. Her whole body… it felt, great. Everything was beginning to feel so good. Why was she struggling inside? This was perfect. Everything was perfect. ‘Y-Yes… yes… yes…’ “Y-Yes…”

Chittering behind her, Abby soon felt herself turned to face Ella now, her cheeks darkening a brighter shade of pink as a little red heart began to glow over her cheek. “You like us, r-right?” Nodding her head in a trance, the teenager smiled happily as she silently listed to the Imp’s melodious voice. She sounded like an angel... “T-Then… Then can we… can we please eat your Energy!”

Smiling widely, Abby nodded her head again. “E-Eat my Energy… take it all…” Blushing, both Emma and Ella chirped quietly before looking at each other. “W-Well… she said yes…” “But, we can’t eat all her energy or she’ll die…” “T-Then, then let’s eat a little ok?” “K-Kay…”

Looking back down at the passive girl, the shade Imp was the first to act as she pressed Abby into her sister, both human and Imp falling to the floor as she guided them there. “T-T-Thank you for the meal…” Ella whispered before petting the radiant girl.

‘Her hands… s-she's so gentle with me…’ She loved the way they pet her. She felt like she belonged there. This was so nice. Why did she fight it earlier at all? Gasping as something began to poke her between her legs, the brunettes glassy eyes hazed over further as she felt pleasure beginning to flood into her already euphoric state.

Pushing the teenager’s legs apart, Emma gazed down at her hungrily as she saw her bare crotch exposed to her. She was already wet down there too. It was like looking at honey dripping from the hive. Licking her lips, the shade Imp chattered before lowering her face into her.

Taking a long sniff, the blue girl quivered with delight as the tantalizing scent filled her nostrils. “T-T-Thank you little Human Abby!” Smiling complacently, the brunette began to nod before feeling the first of the licks. Arching her back, the brunette wailed happily as her sensitive folds were caressed by the larger girls forked tongue.

Pressing the screaming girl's face into her navel, Ella smiled down at her warmly as she let her stomach muffle her screams. “Just relax and let us please you little human Abby. It’s all we live for…” She whispered softly as she continued to pet the smaller girls head.

Her senses were overloaded right now. Her face being pressed into the Twee Imp’s malleable skin, her scent flooding her nose and overloading her mind, her… h-her neither lips being invaded and toyed with by the Shade Imp’s skilled tongue. How was she so good at this! Her every lick felt like fire lashing out at her before being withdrawn and replaced by a stinging fragment of ice. It was intense!

‘M-M-MORE, P-PLEASE DON’T STOP!’ It felt good! It was just so good! Holding onto the smaller girls legs in each of her hands, Emma slurped at her essence gleefully before feeling the shrunken human’s rear bucking into her. Frowning, the younger Imp curled her tongue up before wiggling it rapidly, its effect instantaneous as Abby’s screams broke through Ella’s muffling.

Bucking herself into Emma, the shrunken girl wailed as she felt herself reach her climax so soon. This was the fastest any of these Monsters have ever given her one! It just felt too good! Thrashing in place for about thirty seconds, the brunette spasmed before feeling the squirming tongue against her being withdrawn, and with it, her painful pleasure…

Retracting her tongue back in her mouth, Emma chittered before looking to her sister. “For a Human, she’s kind of weak. It’s only been three minutes. I… I didn’t get much energy from her.” She whimpered. Patting her sibling's shoulder, Ella sighed before pulling the limp girl into her.

“Well, she is small. Maybe she’s just too delicate to handle our love Em. We need a less direct approach…” Trailing off, the pink Imp guided the panting teen's face up to her own before the younger girl stuck out her tongue, the difference rather apparent as she saw it.

While Emma’s had been pointed like that of snakes, Ella’s was normal, if not longer than most. Letting her pink appendage slither over the smaller girls face, Ella mewed as she licked the sweat off her body. It was still Energy and this way it didn’t drain her as much as her sister had done. ‘S-So warm… and s-squishy…’ She loved the feeling of her tongue running over her body…

Opening her mouth happily, Abby was rewarded as she felt the Twee Imp’s tongue find its way to her lips before tasting the inside of her mouth. Moaning gleefully, Ella pressed the teenager into her lips before sucking on her mouth. For the smaller girl, this was unique as well. She had never experienced this before…

It felt, both strange and wonderful… she wanted to do it more. Watching her Sister’s more passive stance on their meal, Emma giggled as she saw the smaller girl beginning to rub her thighs together. “Hey, hey, El~ I think our little Human Abby is getting excited!”

Opening her eyes, the pink Imp paused her deepening kiss before pulling her tongue back into her own mouth much to the smaller girl’s dismay. “D-D-don’t… s-stop. I, I need more!” Blinking slowly, Ella hummed before nodding her head. “Kay…”

Smiling crookedly, Abby grinned as she was lifted up like a doll in her hands. She liked when her body was played with like this. She was powerless… it was intoxicating! Moving the smaller girl closer to her face, Ella flicked her tongue out against the Human’s chest before her lips latched around one of her breasts as she began to suckle.

Wailing happily as she felt the little prickles of lightning zapping her sensitive nubs, tears began to stream down the smaller girls cheeks. “M-M-More… p-please…” Moving behind her, Emma twitched as she saw her essence beginning to drip down from her legs.

“D-D-Don’t waste it!” Sticking her head on her sister's lap underneath her, her forked tongue flicked out happily as she caught the little droplets of the brunettes Energy that fell into her waiting mouth. Each one tasted sweeter than the last.

Pulling her lips off of the teen’s chest, Ella looked to her crying face before she began licking up her tears. “S-Salty! Not sweet, not sweet!” She bawled before shaking her head. She didn’t like that energy as much. Kissing Abby once more to relieve the flavor of her tears, the smaller girl’s saliva soon mingled with her own erasing it from her mind.

So much stimulation… her body was being given the royal treatment. This was paradise. As Ella’s lips pulled away from her panting mouth, a groggy smile made its way to the teen's face. “M-M-More…” Giggling, Ella nodded before poking her sister’s cheek as she moaned contently beneath her.

“C-C-Can I please do the thing?” Giving the smaller girl a quick lick as she wiped off the faucet that had been feeding her, Emma leaned her head up off her sister’s lap before looking to the Twee Imp’s pleading eyes. “Aww but El, I just got this Energy!”

Twitching as she saw her sister giving her puppy dog eyes, the Shade Imp whined before flopping down on her back. “F-F-Fine, but I get to take it back later!” She stammered angrily before her sister’s gleeful giggles filled her ears.

Bouncing in her spot happily, Ella waited till Emma was prone how she wanted her to be before moving between her legs. “Thank you for the meal! And thank you for feeding us to~.” She purred before giving Abby a tender kiss once more.

Panting licentiously, the brunette nodded as she tried to move closer to the pink Imp’s lips her mind too far gone to care for her words. She just wanted more, more pleasure, more everything! Pushing apart her twin’s legs, the younger girl inched her finger beneath her obscene undergarments before giving them a yank, the string coming undone easily to reveal her pale blue folds.

Hissing as she felt her sister’s breath tickling her privates, Emma swatted the back of the Imp’s head with her pointed tail before crossing her arms. “N-No teasing! Play nice, play nice!” she snapped. Whimpering as she rubbed the back of her head, Ella nodded obediently before moving back down again.

Pushing the shrunken human between the younger girl’s legs, the pink Imp gently pressed her head into her sister’s crotch before trailing her finger up and down the side of her face. “Please give me your Energy to!” Shuddering as she felt herself slowly sinking inward, her glossy eyes watched with anticipation as her head began to sink inside the darker girl's inner walls.

Her fragrance, it was burning her lungs! Inhaling her scent, Abby groaned as she felt her legs buckling under her. Thankfully she didn’t need to stand long as Ella’s hands took hold of her waist, gently pushing her deeper inside of her sister.

‘H-H-Hot… I-It’s hot…’ the walls around her, they burned. Grunting as her body was squeezed painfully tight, the little human whimpered as she felt her legs sticking outside of the imp while her upper body was suffocated within her. This was much different than it had been with Casey. She couldn’t even breathe!

Salivating at the sight of both Abby’s exposed neither lips and her sister’s currently eating her, Ella whimpered before diving in. Latching her lips over both of their crotches, the pink Imp sucked on them both as she tried to drink their energy. It tasted good!

Grunting in surprise, Emma panted happily as she felt her own Energy slowly being siphoned out. It was never a great experience having it taken, but the feelings were usually pleasant. Plus with the teen inside her like she was it felt better than ever!

Lapping at both girls exposed privates, the little Imp wrestled on the ground with her twin as they wailed happily with one another. “E-El, play nice, play nice!” She repeated again urgently, but the Twee Imp was enjoying herself too much.

Nibbling on Abby’s waist, the larger girl began sucking her in and out as she forced the girl to pleasure her sister like she was doing for her. Feeling her body thrust in and out, the brunette tried to struggle, but she couldn’t move… and she still couldn’t breathe. She was helpless…

Kicking at the ground, Emma chattered noisily as her sister restrained her. This felt great! Bucking into her as she felt her essence trickling past the girl currently plugging her insides, the Shade Imp whined before thrusting her hips up into Ella’s face and trapping her head in place with her legs.

“Close, it’s close, it’s close!” Nodding, or at least attempting to, Ella mewed as she cradled her sister’s waist against her face. Stroking her gently as her tongue continued to thrust in and out with the smaller girl, it didn’t take long for the inevitable end to reach them both.

Crying loudly, Emma screamed as she felt her orgasm shooting out of her, or, it would have had she not been filled prior by the shrunken Human’s miniature body. Coughing as the smaller girl was forcibly pushed into her mouth, Ella choked on Abby for a moment before moving the tiny human under her tongue so she could drink freely from her sister.

Gargling on her drool, the blue Imp spasmed on the ground in ecstasy. She felt completely drained now but that had been bliss! Slurping greedily from her sister’s folds, Ella pulled her long tongue out of her crotch once she determined she had, had her fill. As the wet appendage snapped back in place, the Twee Imp moaned lewdly before spitting onto her sister.

Feeling something plop onto her bare stomach, Emma continued to pant as she saw the shrunken Human they had loved so much lying there motionlessly. “S-So cute…” Nodding her head tiredly, Ella smiled warmly at them both before giving her sister’s thigh a tender kiss.

“Thank you for the Energy, I feel really good now~.” She sighed. Nodding on the ground, Emma groaned as she leaned up on her elbows. “I-I… I want it back later!” Giggling, the bubbly girl nodded before both she and her twin looked to the unconscious human lying on her stomach.

“Huh…” “What is it El?” “Weren’t we supposed to do something with her Em?” “Huh… you’re right…” Looking back at one another both Imp’s blinked slowly before their eyes shot open. “OH NO, THE MISTRESS!” “WE DIDN’T GIVE HER TO THE MISTRESS!”

Scrambling to their feet, both panicked girls scampered around as they collected themselves before cradling Abby gently in their arms. They had to report back to their Mistress!

They were late!

 

..

.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“Mistress, Mistress! We’re back, we’re back!”

 

“Yes, we’re back with the Human! We brought her right to you as you ordered!”

 

 

Lifting her crimson eyes from the papers in front of her, a lone figure leaned up before looking behind her towards the entrance to her chambers. As the pair of Imp’s dashed in quickly, their speed next to none, both stopped in front of her chair before Emma and Ella raised their hands in the air to show her.

Gazing down indifferently, the child’s eyes scanned the naked human they were carrying before she narrowed them. “What did you two do to her, why is she sleeping and bare?” Eeping, both siblings clung to one another before whimpering.

“WE’RE SORRY MISTRESS!” “SORRY, SORRY! WE’RE VERY SORRY!” “BUT, SHE SAID WE COULD TASTE HER, AND EAT HER ENERGY!” “SHE OFFERED, SHE DID, SHE DID!” “PLEASE DON’T HATE US!” “OR SEND US AWAY AGAIN!” “NO,” “NO.” “NO, NO, NO” “NO, NO, NO!”

Rubbing the bridge of her nose, the child sighed before thrusting her hand forward. “You followed my orders, so do as you wish for the time being. I’ll call upon you both once the need arises. Dismissed…” She muttered coolly before picking up the unconscious girl gently.

Chittering, both Imps bowed to her before they began prancing out of the cave, their voices carrying in the distance for their Mistress to hear. Shaking her head as she heard something about them taking CC's head again, she sighed tiredly before looking down at the smaller girl.

As her scarlet eyes lingered on her chest as it rose and fell, she nodded before sitting back down at her desk. “Rest now Abby… we have a lot to talk about once you wake…”

 

 

 

 

To be continued…

 

 

End Notes:

 

Well, now to find out whats to come next. I'll try to have the next chapter up shortly so please be patiant. :D

 

Review and like if you'd like and I'll see ya soon~

Once bitten... by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

 

Whats going on everyone, welcome back to the story :D

Sorry that this chapter took longer to get out then the others. No matter which way i wrote it, I couldn't get the dialog or scene down correctly so in the end I had to bring F.W, into it with me and we hashed it out for a couple days.

Over all I'm vary excited to see what everybody thinks, this chapter is sure to be an intresting one. It was a lot of fun to write, and even more so to read in my opinion.

 

So, please, enjoy!

 

Breathing deeply as a melodious sound echoed in her ears, Abby’s murmured quietly as she began to rouse, many different feelings assaulting her with each second of unconsciousness abating her. She was slowly beginning to wake… But, something felt off…

Cracking open her eyes, the brunette winced as a piercing light flickered off the walls around she tried to adjust to its gentle glow. Yawning tiredly, the teenager leaned up groggily before rubbing her eyes. She felt exhausted… but, at the same time really content as well.

Resting her hands on her sides after she finished, the miniature girl had to pause as she felt her fingers sinking into something… soft? Looking down, Abby furrowed her brow as she looked as what she was on. She had something covering her, and… and she was on, a bed?

‘W-Where am I?’ Touching the sheets gently, the shrunken girl nodded slowly before looking over her arms as well, or more, what was on them. Pinching the small gown she had on, the teen had to shake her head. Was she dreaming? She was in some type of robe, and a fancy one at that. It looked like a lot of time had been put into making it, not to mention the cot she was in as well. What on earth was going on?

“Good morning Abby, I was beginning to think you’d sleep past noon. What troublesome Imp’s I employ…” Stiffening as a voice filled her ears alongside the gentle music she still heard around her, Abby looked to her side before growing pale.

Now that her drowsiness was all but gone, it didn’t take the smaller girl more than a few seconds to register her surroundings. Her *bed* was on top of what looked like some type of large brown desk. It wasn’t very fancy in ways of furnishing but it was exceedingly tidy, so much so that she couldn’t even see any dirt on it nor marks or scratches.

But, the desk wasn’t what caught her attention. No, it was who was sitting at it… sitting next to her. Pressed against the desk with varies papers stacked in front of her, one of which she was currently writing on right now, was a little girl. She had long orange blonde hair that fell down her back freely, and a singular pair, of blood red eyes.

Dressed in formal attire that made her age seem rather strange in comparison, Abby continued to look her over as she studied the younger blonde. Over her front, she wore a white long sleeved shirt with black laces overlapping each other upwards above her chest. In the center rested a large red rose that the brunette couldn’t figure was real or not. Connecting to it four red frilled lines stretched across her shoulders while the other two lines walled in the black laces from before. All and all it looked like something from the upper class, and most certainly not from her cast. Resting beneath her shirt which was also tucked in, was a black pleated skirt, with a white petticoat beneath it almost making it look like the bottom half of a dress. Coming up her thighs and as far down as she could see were a pair of black nylons that either connected to something beneath her skirt or simply went all the way up. Anything below sadly was out of sight, so she couldn’t piece together the last of the new appearances attire.

‘Sadly?’ Blinking, Abby shook her head in surprise. She felt a little, disappointed for some reason. Hearing a gentle rapping on the wooden desk, the smaller girl snapped back to attention before looking back at the child, her crimson eyes locked onto hers now as she continued to tap the table with the end of her pen.

“I said good morning… it’s customary to greet whoever says this with a greeting of one’s own.” She remarked silently, a smile of amusement dancing over her lips. Gulping, Abby nodded slowly as she began to fret. Not even thirty seconds into coming face to face with a new giantess and she had already found a way to mess things up. ‘Nice going Abby, why not just spit in her face while you’re at it…’

“G-G-Good morning… I, I think? Is it morning?” Chuckling with mirthful laughter, the younger girl nodded before reaching for something on top of the table. As her hand hovered over a small conch that rested upright, the little girl turned it over before setting it back down, the melodious sounds that once filled the cave they both resided in ceasing with it.

Looking at the strange paperweight in surprise, the teenager looked between the shell and the child before licking her lips to speak. “It’s not magic. Few of our kind can use such a force. It’s merely… a gift, if you will. From one Hominal… to another.” She whispered before glancing back to Abby in surprise. How did she know what she was going to say!

Smirking as she saw the smaller girl fidgeting, the blonde closed her eyes before setting her pen down beside the paper she had been writing on prior. “Tick, tick, tick… your brain is ticking like a clock. Question after question, I can feel it. So, by all means, ask away…”

Shivering from the formal tone the child spoke in her with, Abby nodded slowly before forcing herself to speak. “W-W-Who a-are you…?” Flinching as the younger girl sighed from her remark; the blonde shook her head before overlapping her fingers and resting her chin on the back of them. “Such a beautiful voice, yet… such a vexing stutter? For shame my dear guest. Guest, Abby… I will not hurt you while you’re here. So please, try again…”

Her tone… it was different than anyone she had ever spoken with before. It wasn’t that of a kid. It wasn’t that of an adult. It was something else entirely. “W-Who are you?” Scowling, the younger girl sighed once again before shaking her head. “Baby steps… I suppose. My name is Eveline Elise, Ventris, but... I would prefer you not call me that. So please, call me Eve.” Her tone was gentle, indifferent… but not hostile.

Mulling over the name carefully, Abby shook her head before looking up at the child. “M-My name's Abby… No middle or last names. I don’t have anything else to give you. Sorry…” Humming, the younger girl nodded before closing her eyes. “Well, if there’s not something to add on, then telling me your name was pointless, now wasn’t it? I already know your name, Abby…”

Blushing, the brunette looked down sheepishly before fidgeting again. “How do you know my name? Y-You said it when I first woke up…” Smiling silently, the blonde glanced back down at the smaller girl before chuckling, her tone once gain full of mirth and amusement. “I knew your name because I heard it from the first moment you said. You gave it to me after all.”

Blinking slowly, the shrunken girl shook her head quietly before glancing up and down at the younger girl once again. “B-But we, we never met before. I don’t even know who you are. What are you talking about?” Removing one of her hands from beneath her chin, the child wagged her finger back and forth on a condescending fashion before she closed her eyes.

“I think you’ll come to find, that anything you tell others… you, in turn, tell me. I hear all, and see all in these caverns. You’re in my home Abby, and I know exactly how you’ve come to find yourself in this, peculiar position. “

Gawking silently, Abby was about to speak up again before Eve opened one of her eyes, her bloody gaze silencing anything the smaller girl was about to say. “You were brought here by Kari, who didn’t know what to do with you because of her little… let’s say accident. Then, our resident *leader* discovered you and chose to dispose of you in her own way. Too bad Nya didn’t take a liking to you like she planned. Or, perhaps she did?” Chuckling once again, the blonde opened her eyes before gazing down in leisure at the shocked expression the smaller girl was wearing.

“Y-Y-You really d-do know everything that happened… d-don’t you? H-H-How! I-I mean, how did you know I was here?! D-Does anyone else know? Does Ebon know! Does-“Yipping as the bed she rested on shook, Eve pulled her hand back after flicked it before narrowing her eyes. “I told you not to stutter. It hampers that voice of yours I like. Calm yourself… Just because I know, doesn’t mean anyone else does. And I can assure you if Ebon knew you were still alive… you wouldn’t be sitting here right now.” She whispered darkly.

Gulping, the teenager whimpered before pulling her knee’s into her chest. This was different… she was at a complete loss as for what was going on right now. But… she said she could ask her questions, didn’t she? “W-W-Who are you…?” Sitting in silence for about thirty seconds, Eve was quite as she simply watched the smaller girl fidgeting.

‘Is she not going to answer me…?’ As seconds turned into minutes, the brunette’s eyes widened before she bit her lip. “Who, are you…? Eve?” Smiling coyly, the younger girl leaned into her hands once again as she stared the smaller girl down. “Better… You can call me, a resident of this cavern if you’d like. One of the many, many girls that Najia watches over. I’m simply, one of them… a Monster.” She whispered quietly before studying the smaller girl closely.

‘M-Monster…’ Did she call herself a Monster? But didn’t Hominal hate that phrase? She had hinted that she was one earlier, but she felt like her words were being danced around. What was this child trying to get at? “W-What type of Hominal… are you?”

Smiling slowly, her lips twitching upward as she heard the curiosity in her tone, Eve closed her eyes before shaking her head. “From Monster to Hominal? What progress you’ve already made. I’m proud.” Blushing, the smaller girl looked away sheepishly before feeling the girl’s piercing gaze on her once again. She didn’t even need to look to know it was there this time…

Turning her head back, the brunette felt her breath hitch as her eyes met with the child’s blood red ones… they looked, so bright and, alluring… What on earth was she? Smiling quietly as she locked gazes with the smaller girl for a few minutes, Eve eventually closed them snapping the smaller girl out of whatever trance like state she had been in.

“Your kind has many names for me… Monster, bloodthirstier, winged demon, Hellion… but none of those fit very well. Instead, my kind goes by a universal term, one that Humans and Hominal alike both recognize… and fear.” She whispered darkly.

Running the names through her mind, the shrunken teen had to think hard on them for a moment. She had heard them before actually, well, at least one or two of them. But… she couldn’t quite remember where. She had studied many articles about Monsters when she trained with her Master but that was all for medical purposes. Anything else that scared her she tried to avoid…

Now she really wished she hadn’t forsaken it as much. It seemed Eve was hoping she knew the right name. Looking back up at the blonde, Abby was silent once again as their eyes met once more. Her eyes… Blinking slowly as her lashes went up and down hypnotically, Abby felt herself calmed slightly by her enticing gaze. She felt… at peace for some reason just looking into her big, crimson pools…

Feeling the hairs on the back of her neck rise, the shrunken girl paused before trying to turn away. Why did she keep looking back at her like that? It was strange… she felt, almost a need to look into them. Like she was somehow being… controlled…

Feeling her breath hitch, the brunette began to shiver slowly as a dark realization began to become apparent to her. “That took longer than expected… tell me, when did you first figured out, that I was enticing you?” The child purred before closing her eyes.

Shuddering in her bed, Abby shook violently now as pieces began to fall into place, one after the other. Her formality… her pristine like appearance… her blood red eyes… the way, she was making her hang on to the end of her every word…

There was only one creature that held all those traits… one that also had much more that horrified her as well. Looking up slowly as tears began to form under her eyes; Abby shook her head before pulling her knee’s tighter into her chest. “Y-Y-You’re… You’re a Vampire… aren’t you?”

Snapping open her eyes, Eve smiling darkly as she watched the little human trembling in terror. “Correct.” Feeling all blood drain from her face, Abby wanted to scream, but plenty of training from the other girls helped her keep her composure in check, even if it was cracking by the second. It was a freaking Vampire!

‘A-A class Monster, considered dangerous in all circumstances… should never be crossed alone or in a group. An omen of death… bloodthirsty creatures of the night…’ She didn’t know a lot about Vampires in particular, but they were one of the fabled ones who was classified as A-Monsters. Few existed in that category, but the ones that did were there for a reason. And now she was sitting right next to one…

Watching the little human trembling as she now realized what she was; Eve closed her eyes before raising her hand in a calming way… though it only made the smaller girl shake harder. “Have you already forgotten the first words I spoke to you about? Have you forgotten, the promise I made so soon?”

Biting her lip as she tried to control herself, the teenager shook her head. ‘S-S-She p-promised… she w-wouldn’t, h-h-hurt me… s-so stop acting so scared!’ Easier said than done… she was terrified to be sitting next to one… next to a legend. Vampires were amongst some of the most horrific creatures that riddled their world. And words aside… the promise of a Monster was hollow and in the end… there was no guarantee she would even keep her word.

Eying the older girl as her head slowly began to rise, the little vampire gave her an unamused look before closing her eyes. “I suppose, even someone who’s been through as much pain as you still has reason to fear someone like me. How unsettling… you pique me, Abby. And, you also pique my curiosity… so once again, I’ll say it. While you are under my care… no harm shall befall you unless I say otherwise…” She whispered darkly before narrowing her eyes.

“So don’t give me a reason to say otherwise…” Nodding silently, the little human kept her mouth shut now as she tried to compose herself. Why… why did she hold such power over her? She didn’t even threaten her… well, not in the normal way most would. But… she just felt, helpless before her…

Looking back up at the child in front of her as her crimson eyes traveled over to the papers in front of her, the brunette began to wonder… ‘Why did she bring me here…?’ There were still so many questions she wanted to know… but, her initial shock from finding out what this child was had silenced her thoroughly…

Licking her lips as she tried to find her voice, Abby clenched her eyes shut before saying the first thing that came to her mind. “W-W-Why d-did you have Emma and Ella bring me to you? A-A-And a-are you their M-Mistress…?” Closing her eyes in fear, the brunette felt her heart pounding against her chest as she waited for something to happen… but, all was silent.

Shivering fearfully, the teen cracked open an eye before glancing towards Eve… however, what she saw wasn’t quite what she expected. Blinking slowly, Abby opened her eyes back up before looking up at the child who was sitting deathly still…

“U-U-Umm… U-Uh…” Blushing furiously, the little blonde fidgeted as her eyes darted back and forth. “T-They called me… their M-Mistress in front of you… d-didn’t they?” Nodding slowly, Abby furrowed her brow as she watched the younger girl palming her face. “Fucking Imps…” She snarled bitterly before shaking her head.

“T-T-That’s… not, exactly the case, between myself and them. Let me make it as transparent as I possibly can. I am not their Mistress!” She snapped before gritting her teeth. “They just won’t stop calling me that! Damned lamer’s…” She spat before shaking her head again. “My… apologies for my foul language. I just detest them calling me that. But, they can’t seem to shake the habit after I made them my familiars.” She muttered darkly.

“F-F-Familiars…?” Glancing back down to the brunette, Eve nodded before lacing her fingers once again. “Yes, familiars… I understand that you don’t know much about Hominal nor Beastials, or at least that’s what you told Casey when you last spoke about the subject with her. Am I to guess you don’t know that much about my own species as well?”

Gawking in silence, Abby cupped her mouth before shaking her head. “H-H-How do you know about that?!” Smirking, the little vampire rested her chin atop of her hands before smiling down in a knowing fashion. “I told you this once before Abby. You’re in my home… and everything you say, I hear. Try to keep up.”

Blushing furiously, the brunette nodded before looking up at the child nervously. “I-I don’t know anything about… vampires, not really, at least.” Nodding her head, the blonde sighed softly before looking upward. “Familiars, my dear Human, are beings that we Vampire’s employ under our service. This contract lasts for as long as both parties agree to it, or as long as the Vampire in charge wills it to. It’s not always voluntary, but for the best results, its best left that way. In order for a contract to be made, the Vampire must offer up something to their familiar, in my case… as is most, I feed them my blood…”

Shuddering in disgust, Abby cringed from the thought before hearing a loud snapping noise. Feeling her gaze drawn up to Eve as she snapped her fingers once again, the child sighed irritably. “If you ask a question, then be kind enough to listen when spoken to. It’s rude to ignore someone when their talking… and I hate ill-mannered individuals… don’t forget that.” She warned before moving her hand back beneath her chin.

Crossing her arms over her knees, Abby nodded before closing her eyes. “I-I-I’m sorry…” Smiling quietly, Eve nodded her chin before continuing where she had left off. “As I was saying… we give our own blood to our familiars, as compensation for their services. This contract binds the individuals to our will. And in return, our blood empowers them to become stronger, faster, smarter… it improves the creatures in ways you humans couldn’t even begin to fathom.” She chuckled before shaking her head.

“Though, from what I heard already, you witnessed some of this from Ella and Emma before, correct?” Frowning silently, Abby nodded before thinking back to her first encounter with the Imp siblings. ‘Casey had battered them around and she was strong enough to punch a hole through solid rock… If she empowered them… just how strong are those two?’

Looking back to the little vampire as she observed her silently, the teenager nodded. “Imp’s are a D-ranked Monster… there troublesome, and mischievous, but they’re not that smart. And certainly not as fast as both those two had been. D-Did your blood do that to them?”

Nodding in amusement, the child laughed dryly before shaking her head. “The Heinrich curriculum? And here I thought you knew nothing of our kind. I’m glad you understand the hierarchy of our species Abby… it tickles me really. So, that must mean you know where I stand on it as well to then?” She whispered smugly, her smile only widening as the shrunken human nodded to confirm her statement.

“Yes… Vampires, they’re classified as an A-ranked Monster along with six other types that Heinrich Von Ryszard categorized in his travels. Everyone in the three kingdoms knows about the curriculum. Why would I be any different…?” She mumbled quietly. It was common knowledge that people taught children at an early age, and for good reason.

A D-ranked Monster was harmless, to an extent. Unless you enabled them, they couldn’t really hurt you. Imps and other lesser known species fell under this bracket. Next came C-Ranked, which were still for the most part harmless. These were creatures that stayed away from Humans. They could be dangerous if provoked but unless done so, they usually avoided conflict. Then there were B-Ranked Monsters who were very dangerous. The leap from C to B was a steep one and the power level of those who fell into the category was there for a reason. Both Casey and Kari fell under that as a Dullahan and a Witch. But… then there were A-ranked Monsters. These were the ones that made legends, legends…

Only seven existed, or at least only seven species were categorized before Heinrich met his end… though, not many know how… All that said, all seven of the creatures on that list… were amongst the most feared creatures to walk this world. Each one was on a separate pedestal above another… and power for who was the most dangerous was fought amongst three in particular.

Vampires… Dragons… and Lamia… All seven of the A’s were strong, but amongst them only these three races could best one another consistently. Thinking over the older curriculums she had learned from her father, Abby scowled. She couldn’t remember all 7 of the A-ranks… only the three that was most notable.

“Having fun?” Jumping in surprise, the brunette looked up before paling. Somehow when she was recalling all this, Eve had managed to change locations… and now she was sitting right over her… Resting her hands on the edge of her desk as she laid her head on her palms, the little blonde smiled coyly as she eyed the smaller girl over.

“You seemed to be lost in thought. I hope I gave you something fun to think about.” She purred. Blushing, the smaller girl looked away sheepishly before rubbing the back of her head. “I… I was just thinking about… well, you’re kind I suppose. Imps shouldn’t be as terrifying as Emma and Ella were. Since they’re your familiars though, you gave them your… your b-blood… and that made them what they are now, right?”

Sighing contently, the younger girl smiled warmly at Abby before moving one of her hands forward. However, her relaxed demeanor fell apart as she saw the smaller girl flinch from her innocent action. “Tisk, tisk… Abby. What do you fear from me? I haven’t given you a reason to fear me, yet you show fright from something as simple as this…” She whispered before moving her fingers closer towards the girl.

Shuddering as she saw the child’s pale hand coming closer, the teenager wanted to crawl away… but, she felt compelled not to after her words. Shuddering as the little vampire made contact with her face, Abby quivered before shivering as the girl's digits stroked her cheek gently. Very gently actually… almost, tenderly…

“There… now, was that so bad?” Biting her lip as she was gently pet, Abby shook her head before looking back into the blondes crimson pools. “W-W-Why are y-you petting me?” “Don’t stutter please…” Clenching her fists, Abby nodded begrudgingly before trying again. “Why… why, are you doing that?” Humming softly, her voice coming off rather elegant from the gentle note she made, Eve smiled brightly before shaking her head.

“Because… I wanted to. This is the first time I've seen a Human in twelve years, Abby. It’s been… enlightening, to say the least.” Looking back at Eve in surprise, the little vampire snickered before sighing softly. She only looked like she was five or six years old! “That’s a story for another time, but since Casey also touched upon this, I should probably mention that I’m older than you think I am. Older than you even.” She purred, her eyes continuing to gaze over the timid girl with interest.

Nodding her head slowly, Abby relaxed slightly as she thought back to their conversation about biology. “You Hominal have different stages of aging, or… something like that. I guess you vampires have something similar as well?” Humming, Eve shook her head before patting the brunettes head gently. “Not really, no… we simply hold the age we died in. And mature from there…”

Blinking slowly, the shrunken girl's eyes widened before she turned completely to get a better look at Eve. Noticing the shocked expression her guest wore, the little vampires smile dropped before she looked away. “This… is also a story for another day Abby. We still have plenty to discuss, and… I’m still debating if you’re what I’m looking for or not…”

Stiffening, the teenager froze as she felt the child’s gentle finger resting atop her head… she had stopped petting her. “W-W-What do you want from me…” She had been dodging her repeatedly. But, she had to know why…

Locking gazes with the little Human, Eve was mute for a long moment before she pulled her finger off of Abby’s head. “Extend your hand to me…” Cupping her hands together timidly, the smaller girl looked down fearfully before feeling the vampire’s eyes boring into her once again. Gulping, the teenager nodded nervously before moving her trembling right arm forward. What did she want her to do?

Extending her finger as well, the blonde moved her index finger over Abby’s palm before resting her nail against it. “Clench your teeth please…” Furrowing her brow, the smaller girl was about to ask what she meant before the child’s bloody eyes locked onto her own. “I said… clench your teeth…” Shivering from the enticing voice, the smaller girl did as she said before wincing in pain.

Yipping, Abby clutched her hand tightly before opening her hand. ‘W-W-What…?’ Along the front of her palm… was a jagged cut. Gritting her teeth, the brunette whimpered as she felt the stinging pain from the painful flesh wound. “W-W-What was that for!” She said she wouldn’t harm her!

Lifting her finger back up towards her face, Eve looked over her bloody nail before nodding. “I gave you a warning… I didn’t think to tell you I was going to draw blood would have made you any more prepared for the action. Was I wrong?” She muttered smugly before bringing her finger to her lips.

Watching in revulsion as the blonde began to suck on her finger, Abby wanted to yell at her more for breaking her promise… but, a sense of foreboding filled her now. She was a vampire… and she just tasted her… her blood. Shivering from the thought, the teenager's eyes locked onto the younger girl as she sat still, her expression shifting as she tasted her blood.

Sitting in silence as her tongue traveled over her digit, Eve was quiet, almost deathly so as she took the smaller girls essence into her body. Watching in fear as the younger girls eyes began to glow beneath her eyelids, Abby had to cup her mouth not to scream as the vampire opened them back up… her iris’s shining a brighter shade of red.

“So… that’s how it is…” Looking down at the shrunken human silently, the little blonde's eyes shined brightly as a quiet chuckle escaped her lips. “I see now what must be done… and where you fall into everything else. You certainly have a role to play in their lives, Abby… and in mine as well. I’ve learned everything that I’ve needed.” She whispered before closing her eyes, the unworldly shine beginning to fade now as her iris’s changed back to their normal crimson ones.

Crawling backward's on her bed as she cradled her injured hand fearfully, Abby was about to ask her what she meant before screaming as she was suddenly grabbed. Lifting the smaller human into the air, her eyes locked onto her tear filled expression before they softened. “I apologize for doing what I did… but, I had to know Abby. And now I do. From now on… you belong to me.”

Feeling her body go numb, the teenager looked up at Eve in silence as she tried to process her words. ‘I-I-I… I b-belong, t-to her?’ What did she mean by that… what was even going on. Moving slowly to the side of her dwelling as to not rattle her shrunken passenger, the little vampire came to a small bed in the corner of the room… a real bed, before sitting down gently on top of it.

“I-I-I… I belong… to you…?” Abby whispered in disbelief, but the only response she received was a curt nod from the amused vampire. “Yes Abby, you belong to me… and you’ll come to understand the meaning of this with time. Now, let me do this for you...”

Pinching the human’s right arm, reality set back in for Abby before she began to thrash. “N-N-NO! L-L-LET ME G-GO! S-STOP!” Ignoring the smaller girl’s screams, the blonde brought the human up to her face before pulling the brunettes bloody hand up to her mouth. Screaming in fear, the teenager tried and failed to yank her arms away from the child’s powerful fingers before stiffening as she felt a soft pair of lips envelop her hand.

Whimpering in pain, Abby cried out in discomfort as she felt Eve’s moist tongue lash out against her palm. “P-P-Please… s-stop this...” Taking a deep breath through her nose, the vampire smiled slowly before opening her mouth back up. Yanking her hand out of the blondes gaping maw, the teenager fell backward in her hands before cradling her arm.

“You’re welcome…” Glaring up at the blonde with tear filled eyes, Abby wanted to scream at her for doing whatever it was she did… before feeling something strange. Glancing down at her hand… the brunette had to do a double take now as she looked at her palm. ‘W-Wait… what…?’ The jagged cut she had received earlier… it, it was gone…

Touching her soaking hand as she wiped off the child’s spittle, Abby flexed her hand before clenching it a few times. There was no trace of her prior injury… not even a scar from where it should have been. ‘B-But, what did she do…?’ Looking up in silence, the shrunken girl shivered fearfully as her eyes met with Eve’s larger crimson ones.

“I told you earlier, that magic wasn’t something many of our kind could use, and by that I meant Hominal. Vampires certainly can use it, however.” She chuckled darkly. Shivering fearfully, Abby looked between her hand and Eve before shaking her head. “W-W-What do you want from me!” Why did she say that she belonged to her! Why did she bring her here! What was the meaning of any of this!

“Clairvoyance…” Blinking slowly, Abby looked up at the child in confusion as she tried to deduce the meaning of her statement. “W-W-What-““Does it mean?” Jumping slightly, the teenager nodded before Eve smile widened. “It’s an ability Vampires can utilize by perceiving the future. With it, we can see the outcome of… certain, events.” She purred.

Sitting deathly still, the smaller girl trembled as she thought over the aspects of such a power. Was there really anything like that in this world? ‘I-I-If someone could peer into the future… t-then they could drastically change it to…’ It could have catastrophic repercussions… and from what Eve had basically said… she could use it, couldn’t she?

“W-What did-““I see? Everything, my little Abby.” Paling as it became apparent just what she was doing, the brunette looked up in horror before blurting the first thing that came to her mind. “All vamp-“ “pire’s are Monsters? Testing me… how cute~.” Feeling her breath quickening as her chest pounded in pain, Abby felt tears beginning to stream down her cheeks.

She, she knew what she was saying before she even said it… she really could see into the future… Licking her index finger over, the same one she had used to cut her with earlier, Eve grinned down at her before chuckling ominously. “When a Vampire ingests the blood of someone, we can use Clairvoyance to link ourselves to the targets subsequent future. While nothing is set in stone, there’s only so many pathways one can take. I see everything, Abby… and I know the outcome of everything you’re going to think, do, and achieve. And I like our future, I like it a lot.” She shivered.

Cupping her mouth, the teenager clutched her arms as she tried to calm herself, but she couldn’t believe this. This child… knew her future. She could hold that over her, and change it in any way she wanted. The thought alone was more terrifying than anything she had seen thus far. Her life both current and to come literally was in this child’s hands…

Stretching out on her bed, Eve adjusted herself before lifting the trembling human above her face as she cried. “I see lots of fun things we’ll be doing together… things I never thought I would do with a Human, not after what happened to me before… but you, you Abby… seem to be in my future. And who am I to question fate?” She giggled, her tone for once sounding like that of a child’s instead of what her laughter had been thus far.

“W-W-What d-did you s-s-see…” Pouting, the blonde shook her head before flashing her a grin, her fangs fully displayed to her from this angle. They looked just like that of wolves… elongated, feral… terrifying…

“You wouldn't even believe me if I told you… and where’s the fun in that?” Gritting her teeth, Abby trembled angrily now before glaring at the vampire in front of her. “WHAT DID YOU SEE?!” Growing quiet, Eveline was silent now as her crimson eyes narrowed.

“Need I remind you, Abby… that you are in my domain right now? That means you’re in my home… in my very bedchambers… And you raise your voice to me?” She hissed her expression growing dark. Paling, the brunette clenched her eyes before shaking her head. “I-I-I’m s-sor-“ “Sorry! Don’t give me that! You’re not sorry you perjurer! You spit in my face after I show you hospitality… and then lie to me afterward's… Perhaps I put too much faith in you…”

Sniffling, Abby tried to speak before shrieking as she was tugged downward roughly. Resting just inches in front of Eveline’s face, the little vampire glared at her before baring her teeth to her, her petrifying, white fangs… Feeling the child’s breath beginning to wash over her, the teenager sniveled before shaking her head.

“I-I-I’m s-s-sorry… I-I am! I’m sorry!” She shrieked. Growling loudly, the blonde moved her hands to the bottom of shrunken girl’s nightgown before pulling on the soft fabric. “I gave you something to wear when you arrive naked and unconscious! And I receive no much as a thank you for that?” she hissed before yanking on the garment again.

Screaming as she flailed in the hands of the vampire, Abby cried out in surprise as the linen dress she had on was torn away to reveal nothing beneath it. Blushing through her tears, Abby shook her head before hanging it. She felt guilt now… guilt from the younger girls words. What she was saying… was the truth after all. She hadn't even thought about something like that...

Flicking the gown onto her bed as she kept her fangs bore, Eve snarled before gazing over the naked girl. “You, are helpless Abby… you have nothing to save you from the ones in these caverns who want you dead!” She snapped before shaking her head. “Of all the girls who dwell here, there are four who would rather see you Humans exterminated then living… of them, I am one…” She muttered darkly.

Whimpering louder, the brunette shook her head slowly as she felt herself on the verge of passing out again, her newfound fear driving her to hyperventilate as she was lifted closer to the vampire’s mouth. “You’ve made friends… Casey, Kari… Nya… but what will they do against an A-Rank like me? What will they do against a REAL Monster?” She whispered bitterly before letting her mouth hang open so her hot breath could wash over the sobbing girl.

Releasing a guttural growl, Eve shook her head before smiling. “Nothing… you have nothing, to stop me, from doing… this…” She sneered before moving the smaller girl into her mouth. Crying harder as she saw what was about to happen, Abby closed her eyes as she prepared for the worst. What was she going to do to her?

As her navel passed over the bottom of the vampire’s pearly teeth, the teenager shuddered as she felt them scraping her stomach. Coming to a stop half way into her mouth, Eve gripped both the brunette’s arms and legs in her hands as she laid her sideways. What was do-

Screaming hysterically, Abby wailed as she felt the first of what’s was to come beginning. Biting down onto Abby slowly, the blonde lowered her fangs onto her back before scraping them against her sensitive skin. “N-N-NO, P-P-PLEASE DON’T DO THIS, EVE P-P-PLEASE! I'M SORRY!” She screamed, tears streaming down her cheeks as she felt the child’s teeth tickling her skin.

She was going to bite her in half! Sobbing loudly, Abby continued to cry as she begged, begged like she never had before. She didn’t want to die… she didn’t. “P-Please… I-I-I’m s-so sorry… please f-forgive me… I-I’m sorry… I-I… I…I…” Feeling her words dying off as her lower jaw began to tremble, the teenager gasped quietly before arching her back.

“E-E-Eve…?” Crying out in surprise as she felt the vampires fangs dig into her back again, the older girl gasped as she felt the girl’s teeth gently rotating into her skin. ‘W-W-What… I-is she doing…?’ With her mouth hanging agape, Abby quivered in the younger girl’s hands as her body processed just whatever it was she was doing to her.

As her cheeks began to darken, the unthinkable happened. “M-M-Mm” Clenching her teeth as she tried to stifle her moans, Abby blushed furiously as she heard a quiet chuckle escape the child’s mouth, her breath washing over her again.

Moving the bottom of her hand under Abby, the blonde began rubbing her fangs into the shrunken teens back as she massaged her. Clenching the girl's palm in confusion, the brunette shook her head slowly before biting her now freed knuckles.

It… it felt, good. Doing this for about five minutes as she drank in the quiet moans the smaller girl tried to cover up, Eve eventually withdrew her fangs before sighing contently. “There we go… how do you feel, my little Abby?” Panting on her hand tiredly, Abby shook her head in disbelief.

“W-W-What… What d-did you just, do…?” She whispered, her back still tingling from the pleasant sensations she had been given. Giggling, the blonde moved a finger over the teenagers back before pressing gently into it. Stiffening, the older girl whimpered before biting her hand again as she was rubbed tenderly.

“I was giving you a massage of course. My fangs, while good for biting, are also surprisingly good at getting out kinks people have when they're stressed. And you my dear Abby were very, very stressed.” She purred before leaning her face down and planting a kiss over the shivering teens back. Whimpering quietly, Abby shook her head as a trail of tears dripped down her cheeks.

“W-Why… why d-did you do that to me…” Petting the smaller girl softly, Eve sighed regretfully before pulling her knee’s into her chest. “To prove a point, amongst other things... I will not hurt you, Abby, even if you disrespect me to my face… I will not harm you… because I like you. I like you quite a bit.”

Choking on her own breath, Abby coughed as she tried to comprehend what the younger girl had just said. Turning her head around slowly, the brunette’s teal eyes met up with Eve’s crimson ones before the shrunken girl shook her head. “W-W-What… did you just say…?”

Smiling warmly at the smaller human, the vampire chuckled, her prior demeanor having returned as she continued to stroke the smaller girl tenderly. “I'm not going to repeat myself, you heard me perfectly fine. From the moment you found your way into these caves you have been… an enigma to me, Abby. You, a human… and one who hates and fears Monsters with a passion… were accepted by one. Nya, took care of you when she first encountered you, perhaps a fluke? But then, Kari did the same. Nursing you back to full health, and even using her limited magic, to ease your pain… She cares for you and feels guilty no doubt for what has befallen you. And after agreeing to help Najia, the one we all owe more than we can ever pay, you brought Casey into the fold. And… she accepted you to…”

Eve grew quiet, before shaking her head, a sympathetic smile now in place of her usual knowing one. “This is what struck me so hard. Casey is amongst the four girls who live here, who hate you humans with all her heart. “Trembling as she let the younger girl’s words reach her ears, Abby felt tears beginning to pool under her eyes.

“Someone as coldhearted as she is towards your kind, accepted you… as one of our own. This was no fluke, not a fortunate stroke of serendipity … I knew Abby… I knew from that moment on, you were different.” Eve finished before leaning her face down again, only to place her lips against the smaller girl's head as she gave her a chaste kiss. Shuddering all the way through it till the little vampire pulled away, Abby was speechless.

“I’ve watched you since you came, and you’ve impressed me time and time again. You fear us, and for good reason… after hearing of your parents… I, I felt pity… and understanding.  And, I knew I’d have to speak with you soon. So, here we are…” She finished quietly; her lips dancing playfully as she gently rubbed the shrunken girls back where she had massaged her earlier.

Lying perfectly still as she drank it in, Abby shuddered as she processed what this truly meant. After coming here… after passing out by the hands of Nya… being brought back by Kari… being scorned by Casey, forgiven, and… and, loved on… Eve had been with her, all along. She knew everything that had happened to her, from start to finish…

“H-How…” Raising her hands, the little vampire gave the smaller girl a final kiss before rubbing her against her cheek. “My eyes are ever watchful, behind the gleam of my faithful familiars…” Sitting up slowly, Abby was silent as she digested it all. All along, Eve had been with her… and she didn’t even know it.

“W-W-Why, me…” Moving off her bed slowly as to not jar her delicate passenger, Eve stood up before walking back over towards her desk. Setting her hands down gently, the vampire waited till the teenager crawled off her before sitting down herself.

Falling back onto her desk, Abby was solemn as she stared down at the wooden table distantly. Her mind lost in so many ways. Watching the smaller girl as she seemed perturbed by this revelation, Eve closed her eyes before resting her chin on the back of her hands. “You ask, why you… to which I answer with a question of my own. Why, anyone?”

Looking up slowly, the brunette shook her head incoherently. What did that mean? “What makes someone special? What makes someone stand out from the rest? Nothing, Abby. It’s not something that someone can pinpoint, or focus on. It’s simply by the actions they take to show that they deserve it. And, after seeing it with my own eyes… you do. I’ll say it again, Abby. I like you. Dare I say, more than like, even. And I’m eager to watch the rest of your story unfold, through my own eyes.” She purred, her iris’s glowing an eerie shade of red.

Trembling where she sat, Abby’s lips twitched into a small smile before tears began to fall down her cheeks once more. “T-Then… I guess your affections… w-wasted. I, I don’t like you, Eve… I-I don’t even know you!” She snapped, before glaring up at the child. HOW COULD SHE SUDDENLY HIT HER WITH SOMETHING LIKE THIS!

This… this was too much to process. Her mind, felt like it was splintering! Sitting calmly after the outcry the smaller girl was having, Eve was silent as she continued to smile. “I know Abby… you won’t accept my affections just yet. It’s too early after all, and you’re confused… allow me to, elevate part of that doubt.”

Glaring hatefully up at the child as she began to pick her up again, the teenager didn’t even struggle. It was pointless to resist her… she should have known this by now. She was… nothing, compared to these titans. Eying the smaller girl as she sat in her hands mutely, the little vampire chuckled quietly before raising her towards her face.

“What? No screaming? No, begging or struggling from the mean old Monster?” She snickered. Blushing, Abby turned away before the blonde began to pout. “From all your other encounters you were always so… lively. Yet, you seem more at ease with me now. Tell me why you think that is?” Fidgeting, the older girl gritted her teeth before staring her down.

“I-I-I’m not at ease! I’m scared senseless! But… but what the hell do you think I could do against you! I-I’m… I’m not stupid… if I ever got away from one of you… if I ever abandoned Kari and Najia… If… If I freed myself… I’d be hunted down, and most likely killed…” She whispered morbidly.

Wagging her finger in the air, the little blonde brought the smaller girls attention back towards her face as she smiled. “If… If… If… so many ifs. No, you’re not stupid Abby. You’re quite intelligent actually, and I’ll appreciate the more stimulating conversations we’ll be having in our upcoming future together. Speaking with Emma and Ella can get… repetitive. But, even if you are intelligent… you’re still ignorant.”

Blinking in confusion, Abby shook her head in puzzlement. She had basically just called her a smart idiot… “I… I don't know what you mean by that…” The brunette mumbled irritably, her only response being that of a quite giggle from the younger girl.

“You hide behind your words, Abby. You use them to defend yourself. But beyond all those words, lays confusion. Your confused Abby, you think you know yourself but you by far know the least!” She hissed, her voice laced with something else… something the older girl couldn’t quite pinpoint in her tone.

Jumping on the vampire's hand as she felt her cheek brushed against gently by her fingers, Abby snapped back to the present before batting the child’s fingers away angrily. “See? You fight our affections. Why do you do it?” Eve purred her tone holding no resentment for being rejected so easily.

Blushing now as a wave of understanding came from the younger girls cryptic words, Abby clenched her fists before glaring up at her. “W-W-Why?! I’ve told you, I’ve told Casey, and I’ve told Nya! I don’t, like, girls! It’s wrong! A-A-And disgusting!” Did every Monster think this way?! What was wrong with them!

Humming thoughtfully, Eve shook her head slowly before smiling darkly. “Defend yourself… Why, is it wrong? Why, is it disgusting?” She murmured, her voice so faint, the smaller girl had to focus intently on just to hear her. ‘W-W-Why is it wrong?’ What kind of a question was that?

“I-It’s wrong because it’s not right… It’s supposed to be a couple, one man, and one woman. That’s how it’s always been! A-And it’s gross to think otherwise!” Leveling her gaze on the advocating human, the younger girl simply shook her head. “That’s not good enough Abby. You’re smart… as I said. Why is, it, wrong?” She punctuated her words slowly so her statement was spoken like to that of a child.

‘W-W-Why… why does she keep asking why?’ It just was… “You say what you’ve been told almost religiously… and that’s simply because you’ve never been questioned on the subject before… Tell me the truth... do you even know what you like?” Feeling her eyes snap back to the little blonde, Abby was about to speak up till feeling herself silenced by the child’s hand waving in front of her.

“I’m not finished… You think it’s wrong, to like who you like, or to feel what you feel… but that’s simply the confusion that lies in the hearts of everyone. You’re ignorant, and you don’t know better. Your parents died when you were just a kid… the basis for your only defense is what you learned from when you were a child. Your Master didn’t teach you these things, most certainly not. So you have no knowledge of how our world truly revolves. You’ve built up this barrier Abby… built it up and hid behind it. But now the Monsters have come knocking, and you NEED to let us in… or else you’ll be consumed…” Eve finally finished before leveling her knowing eyes on the perturbed, smaller girl.

Trembling in silence as she felt the hairs on the back of her neck rising, Abby began to shake her head till she felt the first of the blondes gentle touches against her skin. Flinching, the teenager looked up at Eve in despair… but she received no sympathy from the little vampire. Stroking the smaller girl gently as she watched her question herself, Eve nodded before patting her head.

“As much… as it pains me to say this, let alone do it… I will refrain from taking any of your essence this time Abby. You’re free to go whenever you please. But… know this… You’re in a dangerous environment… full of hostile and volatile creatures that all eat the same thing… you. One way or another, you’re on the menu my little Abby. It’s only a matter of time till their next feeding. You had better prepare for it mentally… or else your mind will break. Emma and Ella saw to that earlier…” She muttered darkly before setting the shrunken girl back down on the table.

Shaking her head slowly, tears began to fall down the brunette's cheeks as she shivered from the ominous words. “B-B-but… I-I-I was f-forced to… force to like it…” She didn’t have control of her body when they did whatever they did to her.

Reaching across her desk as she pulled something out from behind the many stacks of papers, Eve simply shook her head before her eyes darted back over to the naked girl. “Allure… that is the ability all imps are born with. It’s what allows these piteous creatures to survive. They can’t fight… they can’t generally run or fly very fast… all they can do is hope their charm effects the proper target, by getting in close to them. But… that charm works both ways. It can only take effect if both parties enjoy what’s happening Abby…”

Shivering as the realization hit her; Abby shook her head slowly before looking back up at the younger girl. “B-B-But… I-I was forced-““Into nothing you didn’t enjoy… You liked it, or at least a part of you did. And this won’t be the last occurrence either. Every Hominal… and almost every Beastial… have some sort of ability like that of an Imp’s allure. It’s how we survive… it’s how we live… it’s how we feed…” She whispered, her eyes beginning to glow that same eerie shade of red from earlier.

Cupping her mouth, Abby shook her head slowly as she tried to deny it. She didn’t like it! She had to have been forced! Both by… by the twins… and, by Casey? ‘But… I offered it to Casey because she was drained…’ No, no, no, no, no! It had to be wrong, Eve was wrong! Everything was wrong! She couldn’t like this, it was disgusting! She’d be disgusting! It was-

“Abby…” Stiffening from the tender tone, the brunettes head rose up slowly as streams of tears fell down her cheeks. Smiling down softly as she stared upon the conflicted older girl, Eve shook her head before reaching her hand forward to wipe away her tears.

“You will be given no judgment from any of us in this place. You are amongst our kind… you have been accepted by our kind. You’re free, to do whatever you wish… and there will be no repercussions from it later on. Act on your feelings… not on this…” She finished before tapping the top of the smaller girls head. Frowning as she watched the smaller girl shuddering in despair, Eve soon moved her hand away before another took its place.

Looking down slowly as the back of her head was forced forward, the brunette's eyes widened as she gazed over what was being presented to her. “I made arrangements ahead of time for our meeting Abby. I was really looking forward to it. So, I made sure you’d have something pretty to wear.” She chuckled before shaking her head.

Resting on her palm was a simple yellow dress. Its shading was almost identical to that of Eve’s very hair color, and it looked beautiful.  Towards the center of the chest, it cut off into a white underlayer that extended all the way beneath it leaving just the edges peeking out from the arms and the bottom as well. This, this was different…

Feeling the clothing being set down in her lap, Abby was speechless as she gazed at it. It looked like it had been made by a tailor for a noble’s daughter… not by a Monster in a cave in the middle of nowhere. Trailing her hand over the fabric, the little brunette shuddered as she felt it. The stitching was perfect. There weren’t any loose threads… nor any edges cut out of place. How was this possible?

‘D-D-Did she really make this…?’ “Please… put it on. I’m eager to see you in it.” Eve purred bringing Abby back to the present. Blushing heavily as she continued to stare at the beautiful garment, the teenager had to shake her head. “E-E-Eve… I… I c-can’t accept this…” This was simply too much.

Feeling something placed atop her head, the teenager looked up before blushing heavily. “You won’t need those, but for modesties sake, I made them too. It’s rude to look a gift horse in the mouth… Now, change.” She whispered, her tone coming off more commanding now than it had been before.

Shaking with embarrassment from what had been dropped on top of her, Abby pulled the small lacy pair of panties off her head before looking them over as well. It was a simple pair, white with blue stripes going across it. But even so how the hell did she get her size right!?

Looking back at Eve as her crimson eyes bore into her, Abby blushed harder before crawling to her feet. Setting the dress down gently, as if it were made of glass, the teenager moved her new acquisitions around before tugging on her panties. Pulling the delicate cloth up her legs, the brunette adjusted them before blushing harder. They felt really good…

‘H-H-How…’ She made them, perfectly. “Now the dress…” Fidgeting as she stood with her back turned to her, Abby tried to ignore the fact she was basically displaying herself to this child. She was enjoying this… she just knew it…

Picking her dress back up slowly, the brunette moved the bottom half around before growing confused. It didn’t look like it had an opening on the bottom. “There’s a zipper in the back… It’s a back closure, there the kind I wear as well.” She purred before resting her chin on her palms to continue watching.

Furrowing her brow as she turned the dress over, a wave of understanding hit her now. ‘W-Well… that’s, different…’ She had always worn sundresses because they were cheap, and living with her Master she never asked for more than she needed. But, this looked way too complicated to be modern… let alone cheap.  She didn’t know what to make of all this anymore…

Pulling the black zipper down on the back, the little human moved one foot in, then the other before pulling the garment up her frame. Holding her breath as she let her midsection fit in, the brunette smiled a bit as she felt the fabric hug her snugly. It wasn’t too big, or too small. It was just… ‘Perfect…’

Sticking each arm through as she shrugged the rest of the dress on, the teenager's eyes lit up again as she looked down in surprise. The white layer beneath the dress cuddled her skin wonderfully. It truly felt like a dress of an upper-class woman. She felt kind of… pretty in it.

“Here, allow me to help you with the rest of it~.” Eeping in surprise as she was picked up from behind, Abby blushed now as she was lifted into the air. “E-E-Eve, w-what do you mean…?” Ignoring the smaller girls concerns, the blonde pinched the back of her zipper before closing it up, her nimble fingers working perfectly with such a small lace.

As she was zipped up, Abby couldn’t help but blush. She liked this feeling for some reason… Shrieking as she was flipped over, the teenager gazed upwards in the child’s hand as their eyes met one another’s. “Beautiful… I knew you’d fit it perfectly. How does it feel?” Growing redder by the second, the older girl fidgeted before looking away.

“I-I-Its… it’s wonderful. T-Thank you Eve…” Smiling, the little vampire gave her a curt nod before setting Abby back down, though, this time on the edge of the desk. As she was placed down, the brunette had to peer over the ledge before regretting such an action. She was really high up!

“Extend your left leg out please.” Blinking, Abby looked back up before growing an even bright shade of red. “W-W-Wait, E-Eve I can do that-“ “I said extend it…” Growing stiff, Abby lowered her gaze as she watched the blonde glaring down at her. This was getting kind of demeaning now…

Lifting her leg into the air, the smaller girl bit her lip as she watched the vampire’s fingers gently lift and stretch a nylon stocking over her leg. Pulling it up to her upper thigh, Eve nodded before moving a small piece of leather forward as well. Scrunching her toes as she tried to help her, Abby looked down in curiosity as she wiggled her foot.

She now had a pair of dark brown moccasins as well. ‘You really thought of everything… didn’t you Eve?’ She had put so much thought into everything so far. No one had ever done something like this for her before…

Once she was finished with her right leg, the younger girl did the same to her other leg before lowering her foot back down. “Alright, now stand up, please… I’d like to see it all combined.” Blushing, Abby nodded before crawling off the ledge and standing.

Taking a few steps back, the teenager rested her hands behind her back as she fidgeted. She was modeling for her… Why did this embarrass her so much! She had been stark naked with her before and this felt more intimate!

Humming thoughtfully as she looked her over from left to right, Eve scowled before shaking her head. “Hold still like that for just a moment.” Nodding quietly, Abby obeyed the younger girl as she moved to the side of her desk. Glancing over as she tried to stand as still as she could, the smaller girl soon gawked in surprise as she watched the blonde messing with some type of red fabric.

‘I-I-Is she m-making something as we speak!?’ She really did make this thing herself, didn’t she! As a few minutes passed, Eve looked over what she had made before smiling. “Yes… this should do nicely.” Turning back around, the vampires crimson eyes locked with the smaller humans teal ones before she purred. How did all these girls know how to make that sound!

“Tilt your head up for me please.” Nodding quietly, the teen lifted her chin before feeling her breath hitch. Moving her fingers around the smaller girl’s neck, Abby quivered now. With her every action, it reminded her just of the position she was truly in. Feeling the warmth of the child’s delicate, pale fingers… her nails scraping against her skin… if she so desired, snapping her neck would be less than a flinch for her.

‘S-S-Stop it Abby!’ She told her she didn’t want to hurt her… and, she was beginning to believe it too. Maybe… maybe Eve did like her… Blushing once more, the teenager was so lost in thought, that she didn’t even realize the vampire had finished whatever it was she had been doing.

“My, my… you truly are adorable now. You’re making me want to rip my dress off you just to have a taste now,” Eve growled before licking her lips. Shuddering as she was brought out of her thoughts, Abby looked down before reaching for whatever it was around the collar of her dress.

Resting around her neck was a dark maroon bow tie that hung loosely in the front. It was a rather odd choice for a woman to wear… but, she kind of liked it. Smiling quietly, Abby looked up at Eve to thank her before feeling her face light up red once again.

Biting her thumb as she, herself blushed, the little vampire fidgeted in her chair as she panted softly. “Y-You’re so cute… I may have overdone it…” She whispered, her eyes shining brightly as she drank in the smaller girl.

Turning away sheepishly, Abby pouted as she tried to not let the younger girl see her the way she was. How was this worse than her being naked? She didn’t understand it! Wiping away a thin layer of drool that had escaped past her fangs, Eve chuckled quietly before shaking her head.

“Cute indeed… Well… w-we best be getting you back to Casey. I’m sure she’s losing her head over you missing and all… P-Perhaps a better phase might have been warranted.” She hadn’t meant to be facetious…

“S-S-So… so you’re really just… letting me go?” Scowling down at her, Eve was solemn for a moment before she closed her eyes. “I wanted to speak with you, and I have. I wanted to discuss your acrimony towards us, and we did. And…” She paused before licking her lips.

“I wanted a taste of you… and I did. You were very... delicious.” She purred. Shuddering from the memory, Abby nodded before shaking her head silently. This whole ordeal had been a strange one. “I… I still have questions Eve…” Nodding her head in understanding, the little vampire leaned her head down till just her chin was resting on the desk in front of her.

“I’m aware. But, I can’t tell you everything you want to know. You’re not ready yet.” Looking at the younger girl in surprise, the brunette tried to fight her statement till she staggered forward, the child’s hand pressing against her back pushing her towards her face.

Colliding with the vampires pale cheek, Abby shivered as she was pressed into her. ‘S-Soft…’ She felt cold to the touch… but, there was warmth behind her hands… Cuddling the smaller girl into her face, Eve sighed contently before patting her head.

“I gift you myself, Abby. You’re under my protection from now on.” Feeling her breath catch in her throat, the teenager pulled away slowly before looking up at Eve in surprise. “I-I’m… under your protection…?” Nodding curtly, the younger girl smiled brightly down at her before standing up.

“Yes… Anyone in this cave will know the meaning of this, so make any you want aware if you so choose. But Abby, I caution you not to speak to any of the others about what we discussed here today. They don’t need to know what I’ve done… or, what I’ve seen.” She warned before tapping her lips.

“What I said was for you and you alone to hear. And… and I’ll take a leap of faith with this as well. Abby, in the near future… you’re going to come face to face with your worst fears. And over the next few days, many other Monsters’s as well. You will be played with… toyed with… and harmed… This is the truth.”

Feeling her body go numb, the teenager was mute as the child’s words echoed in her mind. ‘Face to face… with my worst f-fears?’ But… Monsters were her worst fears, that could mean anything! Looking up to the vampire confused, Eve smiled sadly down at her before her eyes began to glow a bright shade of red.

“Remember my words… and call out my name. When the time comes, I will be with you. But until then, the most I can do to lessen your pain is give you this as a parting gift.” Looking into the child’s eyes confused, Abby was about to ask what she was talking about before she felt a pair of lips envelop her face.

‘W-W-What?!’ When did she pick her up?! Pressing the smaller human's face into her supple lips, Eve kept her eyes open as her glowing iris’s bore into her. Releasing her kiss after a few seconds, the younger vampire panted quietly before wiping away her saliva.

“Remember that kiss, Abby… remember that feeling. I order you… to embrace it!” She whispered. Looking back into the child’s eyes as her head lulled back and forth hazily, Abby soon nodded before feeling her head dip down. “W-What… what happened…? E-Eve… Eve?”

 

Looking around confused, the teenager fell to her knee’s before panting in exhaustion. She suddenly felt dizzy…

 

“ABBY!”

 

 

Lifting her tired head up, the teenager’s vision blurred as she saw her surroundings through their muffled state. She… she was inside a large cave, with water running down the sides of it. The cavern was a faint blue… and, and it felt familiar to her… where was she…?

Closing her eyes as her fatigue set in, a soft pair of hands suddenly enveloped her bringing her fading consciousness back to her. “A-ABBY, ABBY WAKE UP! STAY WITH ME PLEASE!” Opening her eyes wearily, the brunettes teal eyes turned as she saw a face hanging over her.

“E-E-Eve…?” Furrowing her brow, Kari shook her head confused before carrying the smaller girl over to her desk. Lying the groggy girl down in her makeshift bed she had made for her, the little witch pulled the girl closer to examine her.

“A-Abby we were so worried! What happened to you! C-Can you hear me? P-Please speak!” Falling back into her cot, Abby rested there tiredly before turning her head to the younger girl. “W-What… happened… h-how did I get here?”

Shaking her head with uncertainty, Kari looked down sadly before adjusting the bed for her. “I… I’d like to know that too. You just walked into my room! How did you get here? Do you remember anything? Abby? ABBY!”

 

Blinking slowly as she barely listened to the blonde speaking, Abby’s eyes locked onto her mouth as she spoke…

 

“Abby!”

 

“ABBY!”

 

“ABBY!”

 

Her face… her hair… her lips… She looked, cute…

 

 

To be continued…

 

End Notes:

 

Well I hope you enjoyed, and maybe are curious to see where this will be headed now.

I want to thank Franchise Writer for his hand in this again, he really made Eve pop out like I wanted her to so now I have my track set once again!

Also, i think its worth mentioning, the outfit she has on now is the one that I modeled her picture from in case you wanted to know what it looked like more in depth.

Please review and tell me what you think, you know i'm eager!

 

I'll see you all again soon, with the next installment!

 

Bye~

 

 

Twice shy, by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

 

Hello everyone! Welcome back, it's been a little while hasn't it? Sorry for the delay, I had to work some kinks out with the plot and this chapter was reshaped a little. All and all though it will read just as smoothly now if not more so. I have big plans indeed.

Thank you all for your wonderful reviews from last time guys, I truly appreciate it. there's nothing like coming home from school/work and seeing a new review. Big or small, they all make my day and make me feel appreciated for my work so once again, thank you.

So please, enjoy this chapter, and be patiant with me, while I work on the next one.

Enjoy!

 

 

 

‘I can’t tell you everything you want to know. You’re not ready yet…’

 

‘I caution you not to speak to any of the others about what we discussed here today…’

 

‘You’re going to come face to face with your worst fears…’

 

‘You will be played with… toyed with… and harmed…’

 

‘You’re under my protection from now on…’

 

‘Obey…’

 

 

Gazing forward distantly as Kari moved around her frantically, the little witch quickly moved a small bowl forward before tilting it toward Abby. “H-Here… drink something, please. A-Are you alright Abby? We were so worried about you! When Casey came back here and told me what happened, I… I couldn’t stop her!” The child cried before whimpering as she saw the teenager unresponsive to her words.

“A-Abby! Please, say something!” It had been almost twenty minutes since she stumbled into her den out of thin air! Looking up slowly, her reflection rippling off the water presented to her, the brunette stared forward as she saw the tear-filled eyes of the younger girl.

‘Cute…’ Cupping her forehead, the smaller girl grit her teeth before shaking her head. What was going on? She couldn’t think straight. Looking back at the water in front of her, Abby cupped her hands before splashing some of it in her face.

Watching the teen as she continued to water herself down, Kari grew quiet now. Something serious had to have happened. She was speechless… “Abby… p-please, talk to me…” Hearing the first of the sniffles that turned into loud whimpers afterward's, the shrunken girl looked up before feeling her uncertainty leave her.

Looking up at Kari’s tear stained cheeks, Abby nodded quietly before leaning down and drinking from the water she had been given. She… she could figure out what happened later. Now, she just needed to piece together what she could remember. “I… I was, with Casey… w-what happened to me, Kari?”

Wiping her runny nose over her sleeve, the younger girl moved to the edge of her table before propping her head on it next to her. “D-D-Don’t you remember anything?” Opening her mouth to speak, a voice suddenly echoed in her mind. ‘They don’t need to know what I’ve done… or, what I’ve seen.’

Flinching, Abby closed her mouth before shaking her head silently. “N-N-No… n-not really. I-I’m, I’m a bit tired, I guess…” That had been a lie… of course. She remembered enough. ‘Eve…’ She had been with her, hadn’t she? But, how did she get here?

Rubbing her wrists beneath the table, the little witch grew quiet before averting her eyes. “C-Casey… Casey lost you…” Blinking in surprise, the teenager glanced to the younger girl before nodding. “I… I think I remember… we, we were being chased by… something… W-What else happened?” She was still groggy about it all… Maybe, they knew a little bit more than she did. Perhaps they could fill in the blanks in her memories.

Biting her lip, the toddler began to sniffle again before flinching as Abby stood up in front of her. “Kari, stop! I-I’m… I’m, not mad or anything… s-so stop crying, please…” Shivering as the teenager came over towards her; the little witch froze as she felt her petite hand resting against her cheek. “I’m not mad at Casey. And I’m certainly not mad at you… I’m just confused. S-So please, tell me what happened.” She whispered, her tone as soft as she could possibly make it comforting to the younger girl. It seemed the blonde was more upset about it all then she was.

Feeling something wet fall onto her head, Abby cringed before looking up. “A-Abby… I-I’m so sorry…” Kari stuttered before moving one of her hands up above to press the shrunken human into her as she cupped her. Feeling her body pressed into the little witch, the brunette stiffened before shuddering. ‘Obey…’

Biting her lip, the teen blinked before shaking her head. She felt…, relaxed like this for some reason. She didn’t know why though, Kari was sad. Nuzzling Abby gently as she tried to convey her remorse for what had befallen her, the blonde pulled away quietly before looking down at the shrunken girl sadly.

“A-After… after Casey lost you inside the commons, she came here to tell me what happened… a-and… and I couldn’t stop her. S-She… she went into the other's territories!” Looking at Kari confused, the little witch shook her head angrily before gritting her teeth. Of course, she didn’t know what that meant!

“W-We… we each, have our own areas… Not many of are kind get along Abby. We k-keep to ourselves mostly, and Najia interacts with us each separately. B-But… but when you vanished… she, she went into Ebon’s territory to search for you first…” The blonde cried.

Stiffening, the dark realization became apparent now to the smaller girl. She knew just from hearing it from each of them, that the girls shared hostilities of sorts towards one another… or, at least didn’t like them that much. So, they all had their own separate areas… just like Kari had her medical room… Casey had her little cavern… and Eve had her own chambers. They were all separated for a reason… this reason. It was making sense to her now…

‘A-And… and Casey went to E-E-Ebon’s chambers?!’ This could be bad. She was hotheaded, and an ill-tempered child when things happened she didn’t like. And judging by the fight she remembered the Dullahan putting up before with the twins… she might cause a serious commotion with the little noirette…

“W-We need to go find her… b-before she does something reckless!” Abby screeched before looking up to Kari pleadingly. Sniffling, the little witch nodded before whimpering. “I-I… I wanted to go with her, b-b-but she wouldn’t let me! I… I don’t know what to do Abby!” She wailed before crying harder.

Feeling her franticness subside now as she saw the vulnerability the little witch was showing her, the teenager closed her eyes before calming herself. She needed to do that before she attempted to calm her. “K-Kari… I’m sure she’s fine… She’s strong, you know that. But we need to still do something for her. She probably doesn’t know where I am now… so we need to go find her.”

Freezing up, the sandy blonde sputtered before more tears fell down her cheeks. “B-B-But… b-but we don’t even know where she is! W-What if she’s still with Ebon! What if Ebon did something to her! They don’t like each other!” She cried before whimpering as she felt the teen’s hand rubbing her rosy cheek once more.

“No… we don’t… but, we know who she’s going to be looking for.” Looking down at Abby confused, a flash of recognition passed over Kari’s eyes before she stood up abruptly. “THE IMPS! SHE HAS TO BE LOOKING FOR THEM!” Nodding quietly, the little human frowned as she saw panic cross over the witch’s features once more.

“B-But… E-Ella and Emma live deep underground… we don’t even know where they are…” She mumbled worriedly. Looking up at the blonde in surprise, Abby quickly shook her head. “B-But, how can you all not at least know where each other's caves are? Don’t you all get together at least once and awhile? Doesn’t Najia do something like that with you girls?”

Shaking her head sadly, Kari looked down despairingly before wiping off her cheeks. “N-No… we don’t, Abby… This cave is miles long, lots of miles actually. We all have a place where we can get together, we call it the commons. It’s the place Najia goes when she needs to find one of us. She can find us when she needs to, but only she can. I… I don’t know how she does it, but I can’t do that. I-I-If Casey went looking for you… then she could be anywhere right now!”

Closing her eyes silently, the brunette nodded as she thought it over. If these caverns were truly as big as the little blonde said they were… then, maybe finding Casey just wasn’t possible. So… what did that leave them to do? Wait till she eventually came back… or… or was dragged back… if that. Shuddering, Abby grit her teeth now. There had to be something they could do!

‘Speak with Poppy… she might know…’ Opening her eyes in shock, Abby staggered back before looking around. “W-W-What?!” Looking down at the little human confused, Kari leaned her head down once more. “What?” Turning around in circles, Abby shivered as she tried to figure out where that voice had come from. She recognized it…

‘E-E-Eve…?’ Hearing nothing else, the teen was eventually brought back to the present as she screeched. Jumping in surprise, Kari pulled her hand back fearfully. She only tapped her shoulder! “A-A-Abby!? A-Are you alright!” Panting softly, the smaller girl shivered before her eyes hardened.

“F-Find… find P-Poppy?” Furrowing her brow, the younger girl turned her head before shaking it. “Poppy? What do you mean? How do you know about her…? A-And what does that have to do with Casey?” Licking her lips as her mind raced a mile a minute, Abby eventually held her breath before forcing herself to stop.

She was just, completely at a loss for words… “P-Poppy… might have seen Casey. D-Do you know where she is!” Tapping her chin, the blonde hummed before nodding. “W-Well, yeah… she opens and closes the cave for us to come and go. B-But why would she know anything about Casey? The cave entrance isn’t near the Commons…”

Shaking her head, Abby clenched her fists before going with her gut. “I… I can’t explain it to you, Kari, because… even I don’t know why… but, I think Poppy, whoever she is, knows something that can help us. You have to trust me on this.” Looking down at the smaller girl with worry, Kari was silent for a long moment before she eventually nodded.

“O-Ok… I-I‘ll go find her.” Nodding, Abby moved over towards Kari’s hand before stumbling as she pulled away from her. “B-B-But you’re staying here!” Gawking, the brunette grit her teeth now angrily. “Kari! You’re taking me with you!” “No Abby! You can’t come! W-W-What if something happens to you again!”

Stomping her foot, the teenager shook her head before glaring at her. “I need to go with you to find her!” “No, you don’t! Stop asking me!” “Kari please, I have to-““WE CAN’T LOSE YOU AGAIN!” Feeling her voice abating her, the smaller girl grew silent before lowering her head.

“K-K-Kari…  I’ll be fine. And... and Najia can recover from this point on, on her own even if something happened to me so-““SHUT UP!” Flinching from the only hostile tone she had ever heard the little witch speak in, Abby looked up before shrinking a bit. Clenching her fists at her sides with her face a bright shade of red, Kari shook her head as a light trail of tears began to fall from her eyes. “CASEY IS IN THIS MESS BECAUSE SHE WAS LOOKING FOR YOU! I-IF SOMETHING HAPPENS AND I DO FIND HER… S-S-SHE’LL NEVER FORGIVE ME! I-I-I’ll… I’ll never forgive m-myself…” She whimpered before hanging her head in shame.

Cupping her chest silently, Abby felt a pulling inside her. It was tugging on her and leaving a pit in her stomach from the child’s words. “K-Kari…” Shaking her head profusely, the little blonde stomped her foot before pointing to the table. “NO, YOU CAN’T M-M-MAKE ME TAKE YOU! I, I WON’T DO IT, I WON’T! I-I’LL GO FIND CASEY AND BRING HER BACK AND, AND I’LL MAKE IT RIGHT, I WILL! I… I…”

“KARI!”

Flinching, the child whimpered sadly before hearing a gentle tone fill her ears. “Go find Casey… I’ll stay here. I promise…” Blinking in surprise, the little blonde sniffled as she looked down at the little human in shock. “Y-Y-You w-will…?”

Nodding mutely, Abby hung her head before crossing her arms. She didn’t realize that her absence had affected both of them to this extent. Casey, maybe… but not Kari… Maybe staying put was the right thing to do, for their sakes…

Fidgeting as she stared down at Abby speechlessly, Kari quickly snapped back to reality before jumping. “A-A-Alright… I-I’ll go find Poppy… O-Oh, wait one sec!” Watching as the blonde scampered across the room, Abby looked over to her quietly before blinking in surprise as she saw her… crawling under the wall?

Sticking her upper body halfway into a small crack in the wall, Kari wiggled around before her body began to jerk. “Come on! Wake up already! I need you!” Scratching her head confused, the brunette paled as she watched the blonde suddenly get tugged inward.

“OWE, OWE, OWE! NYA, KNOCK IT OFF! ABBY NEEDS YOU!” As the ruckus died off momentarily, a curious head quickly poked out of the hole before looking around. Feeling a small smile make its way to her lips, the little human finally found her voice in the form of a quiet giggle. Seriousness aside… it felt good to laugh. “Nya!”

Perking her head upwards, her feline ears twitching as she looked around, the little Neko’s slitted eyes quickly locked onto the shrunken girl before an ear to ear smile spread over her face. “NYAAA!” Charging out of the hole in the wall, the little kitten quickly ran on all fours over towards her before jumping up on the table surprising Abby thoroughly. She hadn’t quite been expecting that…

Staggering back as she was knocked to the ground, Abby looked up in shock before cringing as an all too familiar feeling assaulted her. “N-N-NYA! K-Knock it off, s-stop!” The brunette laughed as she tried to fight off the Neko's tongue licking her happily.

“Nya! Bad girl, down!” Twitching her head upwards, the cat girl turned her face before mewing. Crawling out of the wall shakily, Kari blushed profusely as she pointed to the ground. “Get off my table Nya! Down, down!” Jumping back onto the rocky ground, the little brunette sat down quietly as her tail swung back and forth freely.

Coughing as she was finally released from her sudden bath, the teenager smiled tiredly before sitting up. She wasn’t expecting that to happen by calling the younger girl over. Dusting off her cloak as she walked back over, Kari flicked some of the dirt off her hoodie before looking down at the younger Beastial.

“Ok, now listen up Nya, I need you to do something for me.” “Nyaa?” “I’m going out and search for Casey by myself. But… I don’t want Abby to be here all alone in case one of the others comes here for some reason.” “Nyaaa!” “Exactly! I need you to guard her for me, alright?” Nya! Nyaa, nya!” “Good. If you see or hear anyone coming this way, even if it sounds like me or Casey, take Abby and hide!” NYA!” “And… and if, if it is Ebon that comes here… run…” “Nyaaa…”

Petting the brunettes head affectionately, Kari nodded before looking back to the smaller human, a look of puzzlement on her features. “You’re going to have to teach me how you do that one of these days…” She still had to wonder if the blonde was messing with her or not.

Nodding happily, Kari moved towards the table before picking up her stitched together satchel. “A-Alright, I’m headed out now. Please stay safe you two, alright?” Nodding, and hearing an affirmation in the form of the only word the little Neko could say, both girls watched as the younger blonde began to walk out of the cavern, her silhouette fading as the darkness of the tunnel engulfed her.

Sitting in relative silence now, the running water in the background all but mute to her from its usual ambiance, Abby’s eyes hardened. ‘Eve…’ She had heard her voice… she just knew it. What had that been not too long ago? “Nyaa?” Looking off the side of the table, the teen smiled as she saw the little Neko sitting upright as she stared at her.

“Hey, Nya… it’s been a day, hasn’t it?” Blinking her big, cat-like eyes, the little feline purred loudly before propping her upper hands… paws… arms…? onto the table along with her head to watch her. Smiling softly, Abby stood back up before making her way over towards her. “It’s good to see you too, I missed you.”

Closing her eyes as her purrs intensified, the little cat girl mewed as she felt the brunette's hands rubbing against her cheek affectionately. “Nya, nyaa, nya!” Giving the younger kitten a hug, Abby nodded. She didn’t understand it, but it was probably a statement of some sort.

“Sorry for having to wake you. I’m guessing you were taking a cat nap?” She had seen the young Neko sleeping more often than not so she figured just like that of a cat, they were most likely nocturnal in nature and slept the majority of the day.

As she continued to pet the young Beastial, an odd thought crossed her mind. ‘When did I get this close to her?’ She had openly hated the Neko’s very presence not too long ago… but upon seeing her, her heart skipped a beat as if she were an old friend…

Patting the toddler’s cheek as her head began to nuzzle into her arms, the steady stream of purrs turned into quiet breathing before it looked like the cat girl was once again sleeping. ‘That didn’t take long…’ It had barely been a couple minutes.

Sitting down next to her, Abby smiled softly before resting her back against the brunettes folded arms. “What happened to me…?” A lot had changed with her as of late. She was screaming less when she saw a new Hominal or Beastial. She didn’t openly resent them like before… and, and she was actually finding pleasure and comfort in their company. Case and point…

Looking up above as the younger Neko as she purred quietly, Abby nodded. Something in her had changed for sure. But… it didn’t seem like it was for the worst. Pulling her knee’s into her chest, the shrunken girl started to think over everything that had occurred since she had been taken here… taken into their world.

She had been hurt… nearly killed… healed… treated… cared for… screamed at… chased… comforted… and, and loved… Pressing her hand against her chest, the older girl sighed softly before shaking her head. What would her Master think if he saw her like this? Would he be happy with the choices she made? Appalled? She had done so much and had so much done unto her.

She was confused… and it seemed each day that passed more and more questions came up that she just couldn’t figure out on her own. ‘But… I’m not alone…’ Rubbing herself against Nya’s cheek subconsciously, the smaller girl smiled as she felt her warmth. It felt nice…

Feeling her own eyes beginning to close now as fatigue from all that had occurred began finding its way back to her, Abby’s lids fluttered closed as she pressed herself closer to the Neko. She felt at peace… She felt, happy… she felt… something…

Furrowing her brow as her hair was lightly tugged on, Abby cracked open an eye before looking up. Blinking In surprise, Abby blushed now before scratching her cheek sheepishly. It seemed making herself at home on top of the child had seemingly woken her up, her large verdant eyes staring down at her quietly as her nose hovered over her head.

Sniffing the brunette once again, Nya turned her head to the side before poking Abby’s scalp with the tip of her nose. “S-Sorry… did I wake you up Nya?” Watching her silently, the little kitten moved her face closer before sniffing once more, her nose getting a little too close for the human’s comfort now as it invaded her personal space.

“N-Nyaaa…?” Pushing on the brunette's face, Abby scowled as she tried to figure out what she was doing. “Nya, h-hey, cut it out! Stop!” Yipping as she fell on her back as the Neko pulled her arm out from under her, the teen leaned up shakily before paling as she saw the toddler’s undivided attention on her now.

“N-N-Nya? What’s wrong?” Closing her feline eyes, the Beastial moved her nose down once again before sniffing all around the smaller girl once more. “N-Nyaaa… Nyaa, nya…” Shaking her head as she tried to figure out what she was saying, the brunette didn’t need to wonder long as the cat girls nose found its way to what it wanted.

Burying it beneath the rim of her tan dress, the little Neko flicked it forward before her face rested beneath it… and right between her legs. Feeling her eyes widen in shock now, Abby shivered as it dawned on her what was happening.

‘N-N-No… not again…’ “N-Nya… a-are you low on Energy…?” Ignoring the smaller girl’s words, the little cat girl’s eyes remained closed as she nipped at the brunette’s leg. Jumping as she felt her ankle tugged on by the child’s teeth, Abby had to stop herself from kicking her. She didn’t know what she was doing; she had to remind herself that.

‘I-I-It’s just her i-instincts… remember Abby?’ She didn’t know what it meant… Blushing profusely as she pressed her hand against her crotch, the brunette looked down at her new dress before frowning. She really liked this gift she had been given…

‘What would Eve think if Nya ruined it…?’ Would she be mad at her? Feeling a great fear of that happening, Abby whimpered before pulling the bottom of her dress up all the way. Cracking her eyes back open, Nya kept her focus downward now as she felt the intrusive fabric removed for her. “N-N-Nyaa…”

Biting her lip as she continued to cup her crotch, Abby whimpered as she felt the Neko trying to nudge her hand off her blue panties. “N-Nya, p-please stop… I-I’m sure Kari will give you Energy when she returns… m-m-maybe even Casey… I-I mean, you just… y-you just took some from me not too long ago… right…?” She had to have some of it left; she had molested her for hours!

Feeling her breath hitch as her own hand was pressed into her by the kitten’s nose, Abby quivered before biting her lip. ‘I-It might feel good… and, and she does need it, doesn’t she…?’ Gawking in silent horror, Abby swiftly shook her head before pushing against Nya’s face.

What was she thinking! Where the hell had that come from! ‘Obey!’ Stiffening, the teen’s eyes slowly began to haze over as she felt her body beginning to move impulsively. ‘I order you… to embrace it!’ What was this… what was going on?

Watching her body moving on its own, Abby shivered as she acted differently. Removing her hand from the Neko’s probing nose, the teen soon moved her other hand away as well, giving her exactly what she wanted.

Pressing her nostrils against the smaller girl’s panties, Nya took a deep breath before her purring became guttural. It sounded much different now… Rubbing the tip of her nose into her, Nya growled softly as her eyes darkened. It seemed they were both acting strangely…

Watching the little kitten acting so… feral, Abby wanted to back away, but she didn’t do that. In fact… it looked like she was doing the exact opposite. Pressing gently against the child’s nose, Abby nodded before moving her fingers beneath her undergarments. “H-H-Here… let me help you…”

What was she saying… what was she doing? Shuddering as she pulled her panties to the side, the brunette had to wonder what the meaning of this was. She… she was still in control of her body, but… this didn’t feel like her doing. It was similar to what the Imps had done to her yesterday… but, she wasn’t being controlled…

No… this was her doing. She was doing it… willingly. ‘N-No… I-I-I can’t be…’ What was happening! Eyeing the shrunken girl carefully, Nya’s tail flicked back and forth as she spied what she really wanted… what had been willingly revealed to her.

Nudging the teenager's thighs apart with her nose, Nya purred louder as she stared at the trembling human openly displaying herself to her. Gazing longingly between her legs at her exposed neither lip’s, Nya licked her lips before leaning forward.

Gasping as she felt it, felt the all too familiar feeling that had haunted her for days, Abby moaned loudly as the younger kitten gently lapped at her exposed folds. Trembling on the table as she continued to hold her clothes aside for her, the shrunken girl quivered with lust as she felt the pleasant sensations that followed from the little brunette's tongue. It was rigid, not like that of hers… it felt like an actual cat's, rough… inquisitive, probing…

Biting her lip as she tried to control herself, the teenager soon found she just couldn’t. Lying on her back completely, Abby panted as she heard the content purring Nya was emitting from her gentle ministrations. ‘Yes… I-it feels nice…’ It really did…

Why was she enjoying this though? Watching the Neko’s content face as she continued to greedily drink in her essence, the smaller girl shook her head. She looked so… happy. Raising her chin with every lick, Nya’s eyes were closed as she gently licked the smaller girl upwards, her rough tongue acting tender to her sensitive skin as it cleaned her off.

It wasn’t nearly as rough as it had been last time… could that be why she was liking it? No… something was just different now. She was more, accepting of it… but why? wasn’t this supposed to be wrong? ‘I-I-It is wrong…’ But the pleasure wasn’t. She was feeding Nya… so, could that truly be wrong?

Why was she questioning herself so much and not simply enjoying this? She started it after all… Reaching a trembling hand forward, Abby lay silent as she gently brushed the tip of Nya’s nose, the little Neko pausing momentarily before looking down at her.

Staring into the kitten’s emerald eyes, the shrunken human could do little more than smile at her now. She looked so… happy. “Nyaaa…” Whining quietly, the younger girl soon pulled her face away from hers surprising the brunette before watching in shock as she bounded upwards.

Jumping onto the table completely, Nya crawled in a circle before facing herself towards Abby. “I-I guess you’re still hungry… a-aren’t you?” Sitting down with her hands resting in front of her, the little cat girl mewed before turning her head to her.

She was just watching her… Furrowing her brow, the teenager wondered what she was doing before it dawned on her. She was waiting… Licking her lips as she tried to figure out what to say, Abby chose to say whatever her mind was telling her to do. She had the chance to stop this now if she really wanted to... but, she wasn't going to... She could figure it out these strange feelings afterward's…  Right now, she had a kitten to feed.

“N-Nya, come,” Abby whispered before spreading her legs apart once more. She had stopped mid-way… and her quim was beginning to ache now from the loss of sensation. Perking her ears up, Nya smiled down at her before lying on the table herself, her face hovering over the smaller girls happily.

“Nya!” Nodding timidly, Abby blushed as she gently touched her crotch. She had never done something like this before… but, she felt like there was something guiding her… something telling her what to do. She wasn’t alone…

Moving two fingers down to her folds, the teenager spread her lips apart before shivering. “Nya, p-please, keep going…” Her voice, it sounded pleading. She really did want this… didn’t she? Obliging the smaller human’s request, Nya mewed quietly once more before her slender tongue crept from her mouth and navigated its way between her legs once more.

Gasping in delight, Abby closed her eyes as she felt the pleasant feelings flowing through her. Her body was tingling. It wasn’t as bad this time around. ‘I-I-Its r-really good…’ It didn’t seem so… painful, or disgusting like she thought it would be. Biting her lip, the smaller girl whimpered as she pulled her hand back from her crotch. It seemed to be getting in the way of the larger child now.

Nuzzling the brunette's thighs with her cheeks, Nya gently scraped her teeth against her as she gave her playful bites, her tail swishing back and forth frantically as she tried to derive as much pleasure to the human as she could.

Panting from the new feelings she was being given, a light trail of tears found their way to Abby’s eyes… but, she couldn’t help it. ‘I-I should stop this… it's wrong, isn’t it?’ ‘No… enjoy it…’ Nodding through her euphoria, the smaller girl moaned happily.

She loved this feeling… It was just wonderful! Pushing the shrunken girl into the table harder as she drove her tongue into her, Nya growled quietly as she licked harder. She wanted more! Nibbling on the brunette’s legs, the little Neko forced them further apart before biting down completely over her exposed crotch.

Gawking in surprise now, Abby felt the urge to protest… but that died with her orgasm… Screaming loudly, the teen could do little more than buck into Nya now as she felt her lower half being sucked on roughly by the little kitten. She was being too rough with her!

Crying out as her orgasmic high started to wear off, Abby soon felt the pleasure from before flooding into her once again. Nya wasn’t done with her yet… Grinding her petite fangs into her skin, the younger girl chewed on her gently as she continued to listen to the loud yips and moans escaping the older girls lips.

Purring herself, the Neko let her voice vibrate into her causing even more of an effect on her. All and all… this was a much different experience than before. Wailing happily as she was continuously toyed with, Abby cried as tears fell freely now. She didn’t know what to think anymore… it just felt great!

Bucking harder into the kitten, the teens screams resonated higher and higher as the minutes ticked by, but she just didn’t care. This feeling... she needed it! She wanted it! She had to have more of it!

 

“NYA, WHAT ARE YOU DOING!”

 

Pausing mid-lick, the little Neko blinked before her lips detached themselves from the crying human. Running into the caverns, Kari stared in shock as she watched the little Neko resting over Abby. What was going on here!

“N-NYA, DOWN! GET DOWN THIS INSTANT!” Turning her head confused, the little kitten was about to speak before hissing as a large black tendril suddenly shot towards her knocking her off the table. “GET THE HELL AWAY FROM HER YOU FURBALL!”

Landing roughly on the floors, the little Neko yowled angrily at the redheaded girl running towards her before being shooed away once more by the large shadow near her smacking her to the side. “I SAID BACK OFF!” Casey screeched as she stomped into the cave, her eyes burning angrily as she glared at the younger kitten.

Lowering her tail between her legs, the brunette whimpered before running away. Watching her friend dive back into her cubby hole, Kari frowned dejectedly before looking back at Abby. Running over to the prone girl, her companion not far behind her, both Hominal stood over Abby as they stared down at her in shock.

“A-Abby…?” Casey whispered, her cheeks turning a bright shade of red. Cupping her mouth, Kari gawked in silent shock as she watched the smaller girl. They didn’t know what to make of this… and neither did she…

Panting on the table from the sudden interruption, Abby cried onto the wooden desk as her fingers drove themselves into her quim. With the girls, sudden interruption Nya hadn’t finished what she started… and it hurt… it hurt a lot.

Panting in a pool of sweat and saliva, the teen gazed up at Casey and Kari as she cried harder. She… she couldn’t even explain what was happening to her… all that mattered, was the pleasure…

 

“P-Please… h-h-help, m-me…”

 

Trembling in place, both girls looked down at Abby before jumping in surprise as a loud scream erupted from the smaller girl’s throat. Bucking into her hand, Abby wailed as she felt her relief come if delayed a bit. Twitching in place for a moment, the smaller girl smiled before falling backward's onto the table.

 

The pain… it was beginning to leave her now…

 

 “ABBY!”

“A-ABBY!”

 

Gazing upwards as the borders of her eyes began to darken, a quiet chuckle entered the insensate girl's mind…

 

‘You’ve let the Monsters in… and we’ll be expecting more from now on…’

 

As unconsciousness took hold of her, one thought and one thought alone entered the exhausted human's mind… a name, actually…

 

 

Eve…

 

 

 

To be continued…

 

End Notes:

 

Well, things are getting fun now :P

 

I'll try to update again soon, so stay tuned and like always review pretty please!

I just love reading them so much :D

I'll see you all next time!

 

 

Who to trust... by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

 

Welcome back people :D

Glad to be here with you once again, and i'm sorry for the delay!

This chapter took me a little bit because of how the story is set up. I have a change of plans for something later on and I needed to revise it. Either way, expect to see some subtle changes, but you may or may not even realize it.

This chapter should be a good indicator of what I mean so if you catch onto what I meant, feel free to mention it with your lovely reviews~

 

But, if not, oh well :P

 

Enjoy it either way and tell me what you think!

 

You know I crave your words~

Enjoy!

 

 

 

“WHAT IN THE SEVEN HELLS WAS THAT ALL ABOUT ABBY! YA SCARED THE LIVING SHITS OUT OF US!”

 

“A-Abby, please… say, something at least… what happened to you back there. Whatever it was, that wasn’t normal!”

 

“For fuck's sake, speak, damn it!”

 

Sitting in absolute silence, the little human was mute as she gazed off distantly, her mind riddled with guilt as the memories of what occurred not too long ago haunted her. For better or worse… she was completely humiliated and mortified by what she had done…

She had been caught red-handed, doing… doing something, to herself… touching herself… letting Nya freely have her way with her. What on earth had gone through her mind to allow such a thing! And now… she had to pay the price…

Watching the smaller girl trembling on the table as both she and Casey tried to get her to speak, Kari grew silent as worry took over. “P-Please Abby… you can tell us anything… What were you doing when we came back here? O-One minute we were talking together like normal… a-and the next, you were… y-y-you were…”

“She was masturbating you boyd eejit, stop yer stutterin!” Casey snapped as she crossed her arms darkly. The girl was a prude, plain and simple. To be caught doing something like that… questions needed to be answered. This wasn’t the Abby they knew…

“Come on, talk already. Yer actin weird, yer not speakin. Just what the fuck did happen to ya to make ya like this?” Casey whispered her voice while still hot coming off rather meek as she tried to get the human to talk back to her.

Trembling on the table as she fiddled with her dress, Abby remained silent as she tried desperately to compose herself. After awakening to her strange memories… she soon found out from both Kari and Casey, that they were just that. Memories… everything that she remembered had just happened. It wasn’t some kind of perverse dream like she desperately wished it to be.

She had let Nya… let the little Neko freely touch her… and lick her… and take her essence… ‘I-I-I’m disgusting…’ Trembling as she tried to hold back her tears, it wasn’t long till a gentle warmth surrounded her on all sides… though, she still felt cold from her actions… she wouldn’t feel good about them anytime soon either…

“Abby… come on, we ain't baytin ya up for what happened… we just need to know is all. Ya know this to be true. Come on, please tell us what we just walked in on. D-Did that damned cat attack ya!” Casey snapped before her expression softened as she saw tears beginning to peek out from the brunette's eyes.

Nudging the Dullahan’s fingers off of her, the smaller girl shook her head before wiping away the thin layer of tears that had fallen down her cheeks. She had to tell them… she had to tell them, everything… Everything…

“No… Nya didn’t r-rape me again… I-I-I let her do it freely this time…” Gawking at Abby now, both Kari and Casey looked to one another as they shared the same disbelief. “B-B-But, ya hate us! W-Why would ya let the damned girl even get that close to ya let alone let the cat eat yer cat?”

Blushing profusely now from the obscene way she put it, the teenager slapped Casey’s fingers away once again before her anger lessened. She wasn’t mad at them… just herself. “I… I can’t answer that Casey… B-Because, I don’t really know myself.” She whispered her voice frail and weak as she tried to control her tears once more.

Feeling another pair of fingers wrap around her once more, Abby tried to struggle, but… they weren’t Casey’s this time. “Something happened to you… w-what was it Abby. You’re different now… You’ve been acting strange since you walked back in here. You still haven’t even told me how you did it… how you found your way back here…” Kari whispered quietly, her voice hushed as she gently held the fragile girl in her hands.

Looking up into the witches auburn eyes, Abby felt some of her shame leave her before nodding. She was right… she was different. Someone changed her, actually. Widening her eyes now, the smaller girl began to tremble once again. She had an answer for them now… one that should have been obvious to her from the very start.

“E-Eve… I, I met Eve. A-And I think she did something to me…” Abby stuttered out before looking up at them both. Looking down at the smaller girl silently, both Casey and Kari looked at one another before frowning.

“Who the fuck is Eve?” Casey mumbled before looking down at Abby in confusion. Trading glances to both the Dullahan and Witch respectfully, Abby frowned before changing her statement. She had told her not to call her this… so maybe they knew her by this name instead.  “I… I met Eveline… Y-You recognize that name, don’t you?”

Seeing her question answered with both their faces, Abby nodded as she got the response she expected to see, to begin with. Paling considerably, both Casey and Eve shook violently as shivers ran down their spines. “W-W-What did you just say…” The redhead whispered her tone impossible to differ from anything else but absolute shock.

Lowering her gaze, Abby rubbed her wrists now as she recalled everything that had happened. Her mind wasn’t nearly as clouded now… and it was beginning to resurface, all of it. “I met her, and she told me to call her Eve. She’s the vampire that lives here with you all… right?”

Looking into Abby’s eyes pleadingly, Casey tried to see any form of deceit, hell she prayed there was! But… she wasn’t lying… Feeling the fingers holding her beginning to loosen, Abby yipped in surprise before clinging to Kari’s hand, she had completely lost her grip on her!

“H-H-HEY, K-KARI!” Shivering in fear, the little witch blinked before snapping back to attention as she cupped Abby once again. “T-That’s not possible… That can’t be true!” Casey shrieked before slamming her hands down on the table angrily.

Looking up to the Dullahan confused, the teenager simply shook her head. “W-What do you mean?” Gritting her teeth, Casey shook her head furiously, her shadow almost slipping off along with her head in the process. “I-It’s impossible because if you met Eveline… you’d be dead…”

Feeling her breath hitch, Abby shivered before looking up to Kari. She never expected such a morbid statement to come from the younger girl. But… looking into her hollow eyes, she could see the truth behind her words.

Setting Abby back down gently, Kari pulled her hands away before fidgeting. “H-H-How are you here… y-you shouldn’t be… you shouldn’t be alive if you saw her!” the blonde screamed before shrinking as Casey’s hate filled eyes latched onto her.

“Don’t say something like that damn it! S-S-She… she had to have not seen her or somethin! R-Right was it one of the damned Imps who said her name! Tell us how you know that name!” Casey pleaded, before feeling her composure slipping as she watched the smaller girl shaking her head.

Shivering as well now, Abby saw quiet for a long moment before her tongue crept out from her mouth to lick her lips. “No… I didn’t hear it from Emma and Ella… S-She told me her name… and, and she told me to call her Eve afterward's… we spoke together, for a while…”

Looking down at Abby as if she had grown a second head, both Casey and Kari’s mouths hung agape before they shook their heads almost simultaneously. “I-It’s just not possible… h-h-how…” Kari whimpered before moving her hand towards Abby.

Blinking in surprise as her cheek was gently touched, the toddler began to cry now as she felt her. It almost seemed like she was testing to see if she was there or not… Pulling her knee’s to her chest, the brunette sat in silence as she continued to watch both Hominal trying to process her words.

Why was this causing so much shock to them? Sighing quietly, Abby nodded her head before looking up at them sternly. They needed to know everything. When it came to them and Eve… they had been the ones to look after her well-being since she came here… not her…

“Eve, er… Eveline told the twins to capture me, Casey… that’s the reason why they attacked you. I-I don’t know why they went for your head at first, but I was the reason they were there in the commons… that’s where we were, right?”

Nodding her head dumbfounded, the Dullahan shook in silence as she listened. For once in her life… she was completely at a loss for words. That had never happened to her before! Rubbing her tired eyes, the teen tried to piece together what had happened from start to finish before going into it. If she was going to tell them everything she had to be specific… even about the things Eve told her not to mention to them.

As seconds turned into minutes, minutes soon turned into an hour before the human had finally finished her tale. How she was kidnapped back in the commons… how she was abused by Emma and Ella… how she woke up with Eve… how she talked to her gently… told her things… and, and even how she took her blood to use her Clairvoyance ability. Once she finished her tale, ending on what had happened with Nya and why it wasn’t exactly her fault, Abby finally sighed.

There had been a lot to get off her chest. And it felt good to actually tell someone about it. “I… I know this is hard to believe… I still can’t myself… but, that’s what happened. And whatever she did to me caused me to act like that with Nya… s-so please, don’t get angry with her. It’s my fault, not hers…”

Looking up at both Casey and Kari as their mouths hung open respectfully, it wasn’t for a few minutes before the first of the girls found their voice, the question that followed, however, wasn’t one the brunette had been expecting. “S-S-So… y-you, like us… like us now?” Casey muttered nervously earning a puzzled look in return.

Out of everything she said, that was the first question she was asked?! Blushing timidly, the shrunken girl's mind went over how she felt when Nya had been pleasuring her… and honestly, she had an answer… one she didn’t care to admit.

“I guess… I do. I-I can’t explain it… but, I don’t feel the same revulsion that I felt before when I was first touched by one of you… N-N-Not Hominal I-I mean! By a-another girl…” Licking her lips, Casey nodded before leaning downward.

“S-So… d-does this bother you then…?” Looking to the redhead confused, Abby let out a cry of surprise as her face was suddenly enveloped by the Dullahan’s lips. Looking at her friend in shock, Kari jumped as well as she watched the obscure sight. What the hell was going on!

Panicking as she thrashed in place, Abby soon grew limp as seconds ticked by. Waiting about fifteen seconds, Casey broke her kiss as her cheeks dusted a similar shade of red as her hair. She didn’t plan on that being as long as it had been.

“C-C-Casey, what are you doing! A-Abby, are you… all…right…?” Kari started to scream before feeling her words die off as she looked at the smaller girl. Sitting in an almost drunken like state, the brunettes lower jaw trembled as a crooked smile grew over her lips. That had felt… kind of nice…

“W-Wow…” She wasn’t expecting that but damn, it made her own lips tingle. She could still taste the redhead's tongue on her lips. Wait, when did she stick her tongue out?! Blushing furiously as the implications of what just happened caught up with her, Abby scowled before glaring up at Casey.

“W-W-WHAT THE HELL WAS T-THAT FOR!” Shrugging her shoulders, the redhead continued to blush as a small smile crept over her lips. “I was just t-testin what ya said is all. No harm was done, am I right? S-So… did ya like it?” She whispered eagerly.

Rubbing the back of her head sheepishly, the smaller girl fidgeted as she knew the answer right off the bat. “Y-Yes…” Grinning from ear to ear, Casey bounced slightly before Kari’s voice broke her out of her own entertained thoughts.

“So… Eveline did do something to you then… You hated us yesterday, and now you look almost, happy by what just happened… “Looking to the little witch both Abby and Casey nodded as they were brought back to the situation at hand.

“Y-Yeah… yeah, she did… and everything else is true too. I-I-I’m not lying, I swear!” Nodding her head meekly, the younger blonde sighed before kneeling down and resting her chin on the table so she was eye level with her.

“I-I didn’t think you were. You’re not a liar Abby, I know that. B-But even so… This is hard to comprehend. Eveline… s-she’s not like us, Abby…” Furrowing her brow, the brunette glanced over to the Dullahan but she wore the same troubled look the toddler did.

“I don’t understand… I-I know she’s an A ranked Monster… but so is Ebon. Why did you act the way you did towards her? She seemed… kind of nice, actually.” Even with what she did to her… it didn’t seem vindictive really… just strange.

Looking up at Casey, the Dullahan bit her lip before closing her eyes and nodding. “Go on, tell her what she’s gotten herself into…” It was the least they could do. She was practically one of them at this point. No sense sheltering her from their lives when she was smack dab in the bloody middle of them all.

Frowning, Kari stared down at her desk as she tried to figure out where to start, the smaller girl looking at her expectantly for answers. “A-Abby… You know that us Hominal and Beastial don’t get along very well… I told you this earlier. Our very existence right now is a perversion of life. It just shouldn’t happen. But, Najia has done it so, because… she’s also not like us either.”

Furrowing her brow, Abby was about to interject before Casey’s voice stopped her. “Don’t talk… just, here us out, alright? it's time you learned it all. We’ll tell ya everything we can. Just, listen, and ask us afterward's… alright?”

Looking up at the redhead speechlessly, the teenager licked her lips before nodding. Just what did they plan on telling her that was so important? Thanking Casey wordlessly with her smile, Kari soon frowned as she remembered where she left off.

“Najia is a Kitsune… and she’s from another continent entirely.” Nodding in understanding, Abby remained silent as she listened. She had expected that actually. The clothes she wore were unlike anything she had seen in Ireland, but, she had seen them in books before…

“She’s from an eastern continent, but she never tells us which when we ask… a lot of her past is hidden to even us. So we’ll tell you what we do know. Where she comes from, both Hominal and Beastial fight humans… kind of like here, but the difference is they fight… together.”

Raising her brow, the teenager nodded silently as she waited for the witch to elaborate. It did seem strange to her, but like Casey said... she could hold her questions for later. “Things like racial prejudice and different species doesn't bother her. She’s very passive like that… and very intuitive too. So, that’s why she treats us the way we are now. She brought us all together Abby… by saving us, each and every one of us actually. T-There’s a story every one of us could tell you… all of which are tragic… but, the one thing each and everyone in these caverns shares… is Najia came into our lives, a-and she adopted us… W-We’re like her children…” Kari whimpered before sniffling sadly, her words bringing up some unpleasant memories.

Glancing to Casey as she saw her saddened expression as well, Abby nodded. “N-Najia found you at some point after… after what happened with your Mother… right, Casey…?” Biting her lip, the redhead nodded regretfully before clenching her fists.

“Y-Y-Yeah… yeah, she did…” Looking to Kari now, the little witch continued to tremble as she wiped her eyes down. It looked like she was about to cry. “I-I’ll take over Kari… w-why don’t you go check on Nya or somethin…” The Dullahan mumbled quietly before the younger girl nodded.

Standing up quickly, Kari moved away from Abby surprising her. Just what did she say that set her off like that? Watching the blonde moving away, Casey took her place before kneeling down as well. “Forgive her Abby… she gets like that whenever Najia comes up in conversation… hell, even when she talks with her alone she cries… but, I suppose that never bothers her…” Casey smiled sadly before looking over to the unconscious Kitsune.

Staring as well, Abby nodded once more as her mind raced over what had been said already. “I thank ya for not sayin too much about my past… I don’t have it in me to tell the boyd what I’ve been through. She’s like a delicate dainty flower, ya know? One sad statement and she get's all wet… it drives me nuts sometimes…” The redhead sighed before shaking her head.

“W-When did she find you…?” Opening her eyes, the younger girl looked down at Abby seriously before nodding. It seemed she wanted to get back to where Kari had left off… and hell, she couldn’t blame her. This was going to be a long story…

“Najia found me a little after I escaped my fate… when I was running from those fucking hunters who took me, mum… If… if I hadn’t run into her when I did… I might not be here right now.” Looking at Casey in surprise, the brunette saw nothing but utter devotion from the look she was giving her unconscious patient.

“She stumbled into me out of thin air when I was being chased… and with just the flick of her tail, her fucking tail! She sent them all away. I don’t know what the hell she did but… she saved me. She even came back to where me mum had been to help me, Abby… but, by the time we came back, they rest of em’ were long gone…” Casey whispered bitterly before gritting her teeth.

“All of our tales have somethin to do with Najia savin us. I can’t tell you all of em, but if you want to know Kari’s past you’ll have to ask her yerself. But… don’t expect an answer. And if you do get one, fuck, expect to be weepin and havin a little boyd Witch follow you around for the rest of yer life like some kind of growth.” Casey chuckled weakly before shaking her head.

Smiling silently, Abby nodded before looking over her shoulder at Kari, the younger girl sticking halfway in the wall as she presumably tried to check on Nya. “You tried to comfort her… right?” Nodding begrudgingly, Casey crossed her arms beneath the table before sighing.

“When Najia brought her to us she was crying… and, and I guess I felt a moment of weakness. Don’t ya ever tell her I said that though!” Casey snapped before scowling as she saw the smaller girl smiling up at her. “And what’s with the smug look?”

“Nothing… nothing… it’s just nice to see Monsters being the exact opposite of what I thought they were. You’ve really all changed my view since I came here… even before Eve did what she did to me…” Darkening, Casey lowered her gaze as they were brought back to the topic at hand.

“Abby… I say this because I care about ya. Stay, away, from Eveline.” Looking up at the redhead silently, the teenager saw something in her face, something she had seen yesterday as well, fear. She really was scared of her… and it seemed so was Kari…

“Eveline is different than us… when we each found the other, she was the first. Since the beginning… I’ve been with Najia pretty long, but Eveline’s been here even longer than I have. She was the first girl Najia had with her… and, and she’s nothing but trouble, ya hear me?”

Shaking her head quietly, Abby tried to voice her questions but Casey’s dark glare silenced her before she could even utter a word about it. “She looks down on us… she thinks herself better… But the reason I’m tellin ya this is because she’s cunning. She’s sly, deceptive, and above all things… she hates our kind, all, of our kind's… that includes humans Abby.”

Furrowing her brow, the brunette was mute as she thought over the younger girls words. She had some strong opinions about Eve… and it seemed Kari might have them as well judging by how scared she seemed to be of her. “W-Why does she hate us…? And, and you said all of us… what do you mean?”

Moving her hands over Abby protectively, Casey gently pet the smaller girls back as she tried to calm her nerves. Any time Eveline came up in conversation she was always freaked out by the child. She was the stuff of nightmares…

“It’s like I said… She hates us. She doesn’t like humans and voiced it repeatedly throughout the years… but, she said the same thing to us too. She hates us Abby, Hominal, Human, Beastial… she doesn’t give two shits! She… she even goes as far to fight with Najia! She’s fuckin ungrateful, churlish, and trouble… I’m warnin ya, don’t cross paths with her if ya can help it… or ya will regret it…”

Shaking her head in disbelief, Abby stiffened as she felt Casey’s fingers tightening around her. “B-But… that can’t be true Casey… She, she said that she liked me…” Scoffing, the Dullahan picked Abby up before cradling her close to her chest.

“Yeah, as a fucking snack! Ya said she took yer blood! She probably just liked yer flavor and wanted to save ya for later!” She snapped contemptibly before hugging the teenager closer. “B-But… but I won’t let her near ya. I-I’ll stop her if she tries something like that again, I swear!”

Blushing quietly as she felt the warmth both from the redhead’s words and from her gently actions towards her, Abby didn’t know what to say. ‘S-She seemed so… different though.’ The Eve she met was calm, composed, and very charming. She didn’t seem to hate her, or really despise her like she thought she would.

Sure she mentioned she didn’t like humans… but she also made it abundantly clear she didn’t hate her either. So, where did Eve fall between her and Casey’s opinions then? Did she really even know anything about her… or, was everything she said just some kind of ploy… what was she plotting?

Looking up at Casey’s face as the younger girl continued to cradle her tenderly, Abby smiled weakly. “I-I got myself into a mess… didn’t I?” Sighing, the Dullahan nodded before patting her head. “We live in that mess so accentually, yes.” She snickered before shaking her head.

“This ain't a laughin matter though Abby. Ya said that Eveline took ya because she knew who ye were. How in the bloody hell did that happen? I’d bet my head me and the little boyd didn’t say a thing and fuck it if Nya can say anything anyone can understand. So how then?”

Narrowing her eyes, the teenager was quiet for a moment before she frowned. “She said her familiars were her eyes and ears… maybe she has multiple under her service I’m not aware of. I know she did something to Emma and Ella, but they didn’t recognize me at first so I don’t think they told her…”

Gritting her teeth, Casey closed her eyes before huffing. “Fuckin hell… That bitch has familiars, I forgot about that… damned bloodsuckers…” If she had some in these caves then who knows what else she knew about. Feeling the hairs on the back of her neck rise now, Casey narrowed her eyes before her rage began to rise.

Did this mean she knew about her too! Hell, did this mean she knew about everyone! ‘Fuck! That’s why she’s so cocky all the time!’ Damn it that pissed her off! It always freaked her out how she knew everything before anyone else. It seemed like she did it to Najia to whenever they were gathered… as rare as that was.

Sitting together silently, both girls were somber as they felt the weight behind the smaller girl’s burdens. This was a dangerous situation she was now a part of. And… and when it came down to it, Eveline was in charge… she knew everything about Abby now from whatever that Clairvoyance thing was…

“We need Najia to get better soon… she’s the only one who can keep up with Eveline…” Casey mumbled before looking over to the unconscious woman. Nodding her head thoughtfully, Abby was silent as she remembered something else… it had been the one thing she failed to mention before.

‘Call my name… and I’ll be there with you…’ She had the power to summon Eve whenever she deemed it necessary… Was this something she should tell her? Looking up at Casey’s troubled expression, the older girl frowned. Maybe not... She might want to pick a fight with her if the opportunity presented itself...

“What does it mean… to be under Eveline’s protection? She said I was under it and that others would know what it meant. Is everyone else as scared of her as much as you two are?” Grinding her teeth, Casey was silent for a moment before she sighed.

“Of all the girls that Najia looks after, there’s only three who could actually hold a candle to Eve if it came to a fight, and that’s just a theory. I’ve only seen her fight once, and that was with Ebon when they first met. It… it was terrifying…” The redhead whispered before shaking her head.

Nodding wordlessly, Abby nodded before thinking it over. “So, Eve and Ebon are the strongest of all of you? Not counting Najia I mean. But… you said three… who else is here who can fight a vampire or a dragon on even grounds?” Growing silent, Casey closed her eyes before biting her tongue. She didn’t want to hide anything from Abby anymore… but, there were some things she was better off not knowing about.

“There’s one other… but, we don’t talk about her. Just let it rest, you don’t have anything to worry from her…” Furrowing her brow, the smaller girl wanted to pressure her for an answer, but the dark look she was being given told her to drop it.

‘I guess there are still secrets they still don’t want to talk to me about…’ She had thought for a second perhaps they truly did trust her. Sighing, the smaller human shook her head before propping her chin on one of the Dullahan’s fingers.

“So, she says I’m under her protection. If she hated me that much… then why would she protect me?” It still didn’t make much sense to her. Shaking her head, Casey was silent once more before she scoffed. “Fuck, she’s probably savin ya as food or something else sinister. Anyway its cut, I’m tellin ya to not go lookin for her if ya can help it. She’s dangerous Abby…”

Looking up into the younger girl’s eyes, a saddened smile made its way to the little humans face. “I… I don’t know if that’s even possible Casey… She’s in my head after all. She knows everything I'm going to do from now till who knows when...” Biting her lip, the Dullahan huffed as she remembered that little bit. She claimed to have seen her future and knew enough of it to freak the brunette out. And frankly, she just might have the power to do it.

Vampires had powers unworldly, not unlike Dullahan’s. But the stark contrast to the extent of them was staggering. They could do almost anything with time and patience, and frankly… Eveline had both under her belt.

“Ya said she changed ya… made things like a kiss for instance not so bad… r-right?” Blushing, Abby nodded as she thought about it. “I don’t know how to describe it, but when I was petting Nya earlier, something in my head just kind of… clicked, and… and you saw what happened.” She mumbled regretfully.

Humming thoughtfully at that piece of information, Casey chuckled earning a quite glare from the brunette. “W-What’s so funny about that!” She was now giving in to people raping her! This wasn’t a laughing matter!

Shaking her head, Casey smiled sheepishly before looking back down at Abby. “I know it’s not… it’s just funny to me is all. Here I thought ya were a prude, and ya are to be fair… But then the damned bloodsucker changes ya to make ya more like us. Heh, if I didn’t know any better I’d think she wanted ya to mate with her or somethin.”

It was a laughable notion. Vampires were haughty creatures. They didn’t take *Mates* they took slaves. Why would she care what Abby liked or didn’t like if she was going to keep her around as her food source? In the end, this only really benefited Abby… Well… and maybe her…

Blushing faintly, another sly smile crept over Casey’s face before yipping as she felt her hand pinched. “Knock it off! That’s your naughty face! Don’t get any ideas! Just because I can’t refuse it doesn’t mean I want to be molested!”

Puffing out her cheeks, Casey blushed harder now for being called out before turning away. “P-Please, like I’d bed ya again… it was a one time deal! Don’t think too hard on it ya eejit.” “So if I stripped myself bare and said take me now, you wouldn’t?” “W-W-WHAT?! I-I, MEAN, N-NO!”

Where the fuck did she get that kind of confidence!? Smirking up at Casey as she saw the redhead sputtering now from her bold statement, Abby chuckled herself. It seemed her mind wasn’t the only thing that had changed. Be it a curse or some kind of a blessing in disguise, she was altered. And only Eve knew to what extent.

It seemed like something as embarrassing as this didn’t faze her nearly as much as it should have. Not to mention all that shame she felt earlier from what she had done with Nya was all but gone now. ‘What did you do to me to make me this depraved Eve…?’

She could only hope it was temporary though… or else, her mind might make her like it if this continued. Feeling her head flicked, Abby blinked before looking back up at Casey’s bright face. She had been drawn into her thoughts again…

“J-J-Jeez, don’t get all cocky, I needed my Energy, nothing more! A-A-And don’t act like ya didn’t like it either!” she mumbled quietly before tossing the smaller girl back on the table. She didn’t trust her hands not to touch her when she was this distraught…

Falling on her butt, Abby scowled up at Casey before smiling and eventually giggling. “S-SHUT UP!” It did feel good to laugh… even if it seemed impossible in situations like this. Her life was strange… “H-Hey… someone wants to say hi…”

Quieting down both Abby and Casey turned their heads before their eyes softened. Crawling behind Kari timidly, Nya peeked her head out weakly as she glared daggers at the Dullahan in front of her. “S-She didn’t mean to cause you any trouble, Abby… she just smelled something she liked and she wanted it. She’s a Beastial after all and that’s just how they are. They don’t think before they act most of the time. It’s instinctual…” Kari whispered as she gently pet the toddlers head.

Nodding quietly, the smaller girl waved to Nya earning a happy smile in return. “It's fine Kari, I’m not mad at her for what she did… and Casey, don’t you have something to say to her as well?” Blinking once, then twice, the redhead soured before turning away.

“Nope.” “Casey!” “What! I thought she was attackin too! I was trying to save you ya, ungrateful Human!” “Say you’re sorry!” “For what! I didn’t do anything wrong!” “You shouldn’t have jumped to conclusions!” “Oh fuck off Kari! You were screamin yer little boyd head off to!” “Nyaaa!” “Shut it furball!”

Scowling as she had three pairs of eyes turned on her, Casey shrunk a bit before growling audibly. “OH FOR FUCKS SAKE, FINE! I’M SORRY! Step off it already!” Glancing back to Nya, Abby nodded as she saw the little cat girl sitting down happily as her tail swished back and forth eagerly.

“See, now don’t you feel better now that you apologized?” “Screw you…” Smirking, Abby chose not to reply as she watched the redhead’s cheeks darken more than usual. This was probably not something she did very often… and by that, she meant apologizing…

Moving over to the sulking redhead, Kari smiled sheepishly before wrapping her arms around her happily much to the older girls chagrin. “Thank you!” “Piss off!” Watching the little witch and Dullahan together now, Abby soon smiled.

They kind of acted like sisters when they bickered. That was probably how at least one of them saw the other she figured. Even if Casey mentioned that Kari bothered her a lot, she knew that she liked having her around. She was beginning to understand the feelings of each of them even if they acted so different, to begin with.

‘Is that why you did this to me… is it, Eve?’ Hearing no voice in her mind from her silent question, the brunette sighed thoughtfully. She had repeatedly tried asking silent questions to herself hoping, just hoping the little blonde had somehow been speaking to her but… it didn’t appear that way.

‘Then what did I hear earlier…’ She knew it was Eve’s voice, she just knew it. It wasn’t a figment of her imagination…’ Glancing up at both the girls once more as they began to bicker for some reason, Abby nodded.

“Kari… you asked me earlier how I knew who Poppy was, remember?” Pulling her face back as the redhead beside her pushed on her cheeks, the little witch nodded before letting go of Casey. “Y-Yeah… you said she knew where Casey might be… a-and she did! How did you know that exactly?”

Un-wrinkling her black dress after it had been crinkled, Casey as well grew quiet to listen. When she had been going from cave to cave searching for their human, she hadn’t expected Kari to just stumble into her saying she was back near the entrance of their tunnels. There was no way she would have known to ask Poppy, that girl was clueless twenty-four hours of the day… That had been something they didn’t really go over to much after witnessing the shock of what had happened to her and Nya when they got back…

Resting her arms over her kneecaps as she sat in silence, the teen was thoughtful for a moment before she tried to figure out how to say this next part. She had left it out purposefully because... it was just plain insane to say aloud. “W-When we were talking about where to find Casey… I heard a voice in my head. It said to ask Poppy. It was Eve’s voice… I just know it…”

Feeling their breaths hitch, both girls stiffened at the implication of what the smaller girl had said. “W-W-Wait, are ya tellin me that that damned vampire is in yer head and in your thoughts?!” Blushing, the brunette shook her head before her eyes hardened.

“No, I’m not just hearing her voice, she was talking to me!” Frowning deeply, Kari shook her head before looking Abby over. “A-Are you sure it was her voice? E-Eveline’s I mean…?” Souring as she saw the human confirm her statement, Kari rubbed her wrists gently as she tried to think about what this meant for her. “So… t-that’s why you said to trust you earlier… B-But, how would she know where Casey was?”

“We already pieced that together while you were pettin the cat. She has familiars under her wings, Kari… a lot of them probably… She must have been watching me. That bitch…” Shivering quietly, Kari nodded before rubbing her temple.

“V-Vampires, they have telekinetic properties… I think. M-Maybe she linked your minds together somehow?” She didn’t know a lot about Eveline’s species since myth and fact was a hard line to travel with a creature such as her, but… it was a possibility. No one, probably not even Najia knew just what the blonde could do… it was one of the reasons everyone feared her so much…

“Would taking my blood form a link between us?” Blinking quietly, Kari furrowed her brow before nodding. “I-Its possible, yes… W-W-Wait… you don't mean...” Sulking, Abby nodded before looking up at Casey, the redhead wasn’t doing much better as she shook with anger.

“Fucking hell… that bitch hijacked yer head! I’ll kill her!” Jumping in surprise from the bold statement, Kari pulled on Casey’s arm as she tried to calm her down. “S-Stop it! We don’t even know if that’s the case. I-If Eveline did this to Abby and we do something stupid, what else do you think she can do to her!”

Resting her chin on her forearms, Abby was silent as both Hominal began fighting each other once again. Kari had a point actually… one that frightened her. ‘M-My blood's inside her… with it, she can see my future and speak with me telepathically… ‘If this was just the minimum of what she’s seen, it’s possible she could control her very actions if she wanted to, or, much worse. Shivering, the teenager sighed before looking back up at Casey as she stomped her foot angrily. She had better calm them both down… They couldn't be fighting each other when the real enemy could still be watching them now.

“Well, we have to find her then!” “If Najia can’t do it then we certainly can’t!” “Well we won’t know until we try now will we, ya eejit!” “Shut up Casey, use your head! If she wanted to hurt Abby she would have done it already! Why would she have taken her in the first place and let her go otherwise!”

Opening her mouth to speak, the Dullahan soon grew quiet. She didn’t have an answer to that actually… “She won’t hurt me… for now at least. Kari’s right.” Crossing her arms in agitation, Casey looked down at the shrunken girl bitterly before scoffing.

“And what’s to say she won’t change her fuckin mind? That bitch is insane! She’s like a bitchier Ebon!” Chuckling dryly, Abby simply shook her head. “I don’t know about insane… but, I agree with you when you said she was cunning. She's smart Casey... really smart. She isn’t just doing this on a whim. She set me back in your domain Kari, yours… not the commons. She knows where your dwellings are, and knows what you two have been doing with me. She’s been watching, playing, and… and probably planning her next move. It’s a game to her…”

One they had very little chance of winning. It was kind of sad that the blonde saw her life as a game… but, that made her wonder more, was she the prize or just another piece on the board? She didn’t know anymore since she had heard both Kari’s and Casey’s opinions of her. Even her own was hard to go on anymore…

She didn’t know what to think…

Leaning on her work table, Kari was mute as she thought over Abby’s words. It made sense in a way… Why would she do everything she did unless she wanted to provoke them by giving her back? If she wanted to harm her, she would have… but instead, she changed something inside her head. She was toying with them, or, at least with Abby who affected them so much.

“We need Najia…” Looking up at Kari, the teenager nodded quietly before smiling up at the witch. “You said Najia can keep up with Eve, right Casey?” Scoffing, the Dullahan nodded before crossing her arms. “Well, no shit. It’s Eveline who wouldn’t be able to keep up with her. Najia is on a different level than anything I’ve ever seen before… If she were here, then, then that bitch wouldn’t be able to even get close to you!”

Nodding, Kari smiled before all their eyes turned to the unconscious Kitsune. “She’ll help you, Abby… you’ve taken care of her since you came here… and she’ll repay you for it. It’s just the kind of person she is…” Nodding her head, the smaller girl smiled as she watched the Hominal sleeping.

‘Please get better soon Najia…’ She didn’t know her personally like the others, but she didn’t seem like a bad Monster from what both Casey and Kari had said. If she was going to play whatever game this was, then they needed Najia to be their trump card. Now it just came down to how soon she could recover.

“Kari… how’s her temperature? Has her fever subsided entirely?” Jumping in surprise from the stern tone the smaller girl took on, the little witch nodded before standing at attention. “Y-Yes! Last night her fever dropped and she’s been holding steady. Her wounds have also begun to close up, her blood's no longer draining into her bandages. I changed them this morning!”

Nodding, Abby crawled to her feet before standing up. “Alright, let’s get to work then. I need you to make her some more antibiotics. Two tablespoons of dried Acacia, mix it with a quarter cup of sanguinolent extract. We brought some back with us yesterday, it’s the red fluid in the glass vials. We need to apply it to her wounds then use some Aloe on a new dressing of bandages so they're moist. Let’s go!”

Stumbling over her own feet, Kari nodded quickly as she got to work. She had to do exactly what the shrunken girl said! Watching her friend frantically running around her table, Casey soon leaned against it as her head lulled to the side.

Age aside, she sometimes forgot that the smaller girl was actually a doctor like her friend in training. Sighing, she shook her head loose before her shadow started to sneak away letting it fall into her hands. “Hey Kari, ya mind fetching me some of those bandages to? I shouldn’t keep using my shadow to keep my head up. It’s a waste of energy.”

Chuckling as she saw the younger girl completely oblivious to her request, Casey sighed. “Ya have a strange power over her, ya know?” Looking up at Casey confused, her eyes soon met with the giantess’s verdant ones as she flashed her a gentle grin.

“Kari’s a loner for the most part. She likes playing with Nya or talking to me on occasion… but, she never interacts with anyone else. The only person who can get her to act the way she is now is right there in that bed…” Pointing to the unconscious Kitsune, Casey shook her head with her hands.

“Ya hold a type of sway over us all, ya know? It’s hard to believe…” Lowering her gaze, Abby was silent as she mulled over Casey’s thought provoking words. She had a sway over them? What did that mean? Opening her mouth to speak, Abby was soon silenced as the blonde witch in question rushed over to her frantically.

“S-S-Sorry! B-But what should I use to apply the aloe…? I’ve never used it on a cloth before, only wounds.” Sighing, Abby nodded before telling the girl to lay them down so she could show her. All things said and done, she still had to play her part and pull some of the weight after all.

Watching both girls interacting with one another silently, Casey snickered before Looking to her side. ‘I think you’d be happy to meet a girl like her, wouldn’t ya, Najia?’ Sighing as she shook her head again, the redhead sat down at the base of the table as she cradled her head.

The Kitsune had often preached to them, most of the time about Humans and how they played an important role in all of their lives… but, she never really cared. She didn’t like humans that much after all… but, then there was Abby…

‘Fuck if she’s like any Human I’ve ever met…’ She simply wasn’t. And she was proving that here and now. Perhaps, there was a chance for her… but who knows. Only Najia would have that answer when she woke up…

Frowning quietly at the sad realization Abby might not be sticking around, Casey grew somber. She’d miss the human when she was gone… she was actually starting to take a liking to her to… Stiffening, Casey’s eyes hardened.

 

She could pout later, she felt something enter their domain…

 

 

“See? Gently massage the oil into the linin so it sticks to the surface of the patient’s skin like this.” Abby smiled as she showed the smaller patch to Kari. Watching in awe, the younger girl nodded gleefully before attempting it herself.

“Good, just keep it up like that. Oh, and make sure to-“

 

‘Call my name…’

 

“To… to…”

 

Looking down at Abby confused, Kari grew quiet as well as she saw the teenager suddenly shaking. “A-Abby…? Is everything alright?” Trembling where she stood, the smaller girl shook violently as she felt a foreboding feeling pass over her.

She had heard it again. “E-Eve…” Freezing up as well, Kari looked back at Abby confused before a shadow suddenly shot up around them forming a wall. “KARI RUN!” Staggering into her desk the little witch jumped in surprise as she saw Casey hovering over her.

“C-C-CAS-““SHUT UP AND GET OUT OF HERE ALREADY!” She could hear her coming…

“Too late…” Blinking, both girls looked down at Abby as she kneeled on the table in horror. Looking to the entrance of the tunnel, the older girl lifted her arm up shakily as she pointed to its blackness. “S-S-She’s already here…” Gulping, Casey’s shadow coiled around Kari as she began herding the younger girl behind her. This was bad… very, very bad…

Stepping past the arching entrance of the mouth of the cavern, a dark figure stepped past the doorway as her piercing red eyes bore into the trio of girls, or, more specifically the smallest member of the group.

 

“I knew it… I could smell her all over you before… How is it possible that you’re alive!?”

 

Flinching from the all-encompassing roar that echoed off the walls around them, Abby felt her body going numb as she stared at the girl in front of them. This was a nightmare… it had to be…

 

Closing her mouth from the roar that had escaped her, the girl took a step forward as her leathery claws began to twitch, her wings doing the same behind her. “I fed you to Nya! You should be dead!”

Shaking her head slowly, Abby was speechless. And so were both Casey and Kari… Everyone was rendered mute… to the presence of a Dragon…

 

Opening her mouth once again as she flashed them her serrated teeth, Ebon growled audibly as her throat began to glow. “I’LL BURN YOU ALIVE MYSELF THIS TIME!”

 

 

 

To be continued…

End Notes:

 

Hehehehe...

 

I suck, I know...

 

Expect things to heat up now that Ebon's been invited to the party. I'll be looking foward to next chapter indeed. >:)

I'll see you guys soon!

 

Bye!

Curing the disease... by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

Hey hey hey :D

 

Welcome back guys, I knew this is really really soon but this chapter just flowed way to easily xD

Big shout out to Franchise Writer for his help with this chapter, and possibly the next to follow if he agree's, he made this one really special to me!

Please tell me what you think and what you expect to happen, I listen to all reviews and answer all your questions! Unless... unless you want my secrets. Those are mine! >:P

Enjoy!

 

 

(Earlier…)

 

 

Sitting in her own dwelling, Ebon smiled gently downwards as her slitted eyes watched the amusing form of a smaller girl playfully gnawing on her clawed fingers. Today had been a good day. She had gone out hunting and caught a whole deer! It was enough to feed the other girls for the whole day and keep Ivy content.

“Don’t tell me you’re still hungry... you just finished what I gave you already…” Hearing a quiet coo in return, the noirette smiled warmly before lifting another piece of meat upward. “Alright, last one for now. Remember, my hand is not food, got it? H-H-Hey!”

Yanking her claws back as a small plume of fire shot upwards, the dragon narrowed her eyes. “Bad girl! I was giving it to you already! Don’t do that!” Hearing another coo in return, Ebon sighed before shaking her head.

“You exhaust me sometimes, you know that, Ivy?” Smirking down at the smaller girl beneath her, the older of the two closed her eyes before her piece was disturbed by the unwanted intrusion. Growling audibly, Ebon turned her head to the entrance of her dwelling before narrowing her eyes. “What do you want Casey… Why have you come here?”

Running into the Dragon’s den, Casey looked around frantically before growling herself. She didn’t want to be here any longer then she had to be, but, she needed to make sure Abby hadn’t been brought here or stumbled here on her own. Thankfully that didn’t seem like the case. Ebon would have been in a much fouler mood had she been…

“I’m lookin for those fucking Imps. Have ya seen them?” Scoffing, the younger girl shook her head before flicking her wrist in a derogatory way of shooing her. “No, I haven’t. Now leave… I’ve told you I don’t like catering to the rest of you here…”

Sneering, the redhead nodded before turning around. “Ya don’t have to tell me twice ya scaly bitch…” Ignoring the foul-mouthed girl, Ebon turned back to Ivy quietly before feeling something else enter her domain… a smell…

Sniffing the air as the familiar scent of Casey vanished with her; a new aroma took its place. One she didn’t recognize right away but knew from somewhere else…

Rising up to her feet, the black dragon girl took a few more whiffs of the air around her before clenching her fists. She did know this scent… it had been ingrained in her mind after she discovered it the first time. It was the scent of something foul…

It was the scent of something sinister to her senses…

It was the scent, of a Human…

 

And she had a feeling she knew just to whom this foul reek belonged…

 

 

(Present…)

 

“I knew it… I could smell her all over you before… How is it possible that you’re alive!?”

 

Shaking her head angrily, Ebon clawed the air at her sides as her tail swung around sporadically. She was still here! She didn’t know how but that damned human was still alive! And the worst part was Casey and Kari knew it and hid it from her… They had betrayed her…

Clenching her teeth as she bore them, Ebon shook her head before roaring angrily, her voice carrying over the cavern causing the loud scream to vibrate off the walls. If Nya had failed her then so what! She would just kill the human herself! “I’LL BURN YOU ALIVE MYSELF THIS TIME!” She shrieked, fire lashing out past her lips as if it didn’t even scorch her…

Trembling in terror, Abby was rendered speechless by the imposing sight of the fire-breathing child. This was a nightmare to witness… it was a nightmare to be a part of… and she was a part of it. Ebon was looking directly at her…

Lunging off the ground at a speed any normal girl just shouldn’t possess, the teenager let out a scream as she saw the scaled child upon her before a large wall of black jumped up in front of her, the bulging on the other side indicating it had just barely been drawn in time.

Sinking her extended claws forward in an attempt to rake the shrunken girl, Ebon screamed in rage as she felt her hand sinking into the murky shadow. “Why… why are you protecting it, Casey!” Stepping out from the other side of her shadow with a glare of her own, the redhead wiggled her fingers as she forced her shadow to push Ebon away.

“She’s not yer enemy Ebon. I won’t let ya harm her…” Snarling, Ebon’s tail swung around before flicking the shadow aside. “ALL HUMEN’S ARE OUR ENEMIES! Or have you forgotten about what they did the Najia!” She bellowed before lunging forward.

Raising her hand defensively, her shadow acted on its own as it shielded her as well but that didn’t seem to slow Ebon down much, her claws tearing apart the black appendage as she slashed at the redheads clothing.

“I haven’t forgotten shit ya homicidal bitch! But Abby’s not like that! She ain’t our enemy I’m tellin ya!” Ignoring the Dullahan’s words, the Dragoness slashed towards Casey once more forcing her to move backward before she kicked off the ground and made another lunge for Abby.

“THERE ENEMIES TO OUR VERY EXISTENCE!” Paling as she saw the dragon upon her, the brunette wanted to scream but her voice was stolen from her as she was snatched from the table violently. Grabbing Abby, Kari ran to the other side of the table right as Ebon landed, her clawed digits sinking into the wood as if it were simply sand on the beach.

“Not you too… you disgust me, Kari!” Ebon screamed before yanked her hand back, the entire table rising off the ground in the process. Shivering in fear as she watched her work bench torn from the ground and slammed into splinters beside her, the sandy blonde whimpered as she began to back away.

This was bad… Flicking the rest of the wood off her hand, Ebon narrowed her crimson eyes as she locked back on to the smaller girl in the witches hands. “Are you forsaking what Najia did for you so easily Kari! Have you forgotten about your mother already! Did her death mean nothing to you!” Ebon snarled.

Feeling her breath leave her, tears found their way to Kari’s eyes as the toddler shook her head. She didn’t forget… she would never forget. “E-E-Ebon… p-please… don’t do this! Abby… she’s not like other Humans! She’s kind to us, and… and she’s nothing like my daddy!” Kari screamed before having to duck away as Ebon lashed out towards her, though, she didn’t make it very far this time.

“I SAID LEAVE HER ALONE YOU BITCH!” Raising her tail over her as a shadow struck her side, Ebon was shoved to the side a few inches as her tail struggled to hold off the Dullahan’s shadow crashing into her. “You all disgust me… you’re useless… you're hypocritical! You spit on everything Najia has done for us!”

Raising her mouth towards the large shadow, Ebon’s jaw extended before her throat began to light up. Roaring loudly, a bright plume of fire sprouted from her lungs before engulfing the shadow entirely as it set it ablaze! Reeling away angrily, Casey ground her teeth as she reformed her shadow. This was a terrible match up for her…

Fire didn’t agree with her shadow, its light could just dispel it… Raising her stitched hand up, the redhead scowled before cracking her knuckles. “Najia said that the humans were a part of nature Ebon, she wants us to coexist with ‘em! And Abby is the first step we’ve ever taken doin that! I won’t let ya hurt her!”

Spitting on the ground, Ebon shook her head contemptibly before glaring back at Kari. “You came here broken! You came here because of what humans did to you, Casey! Was it so forgivable that you had to take up residence here for four years?! You lost your life! And probably much more…” Ebon sneered before pacing towards Kari once again, her wings unfolding behind her as she raised a deep seeded glare towards them both.

“You were a mess… a sobbing, disgusting mess when I first saw you… and now your just a foul mouthed girl whose barks worse than her bite! Give the human to me now… I won’t say it again…” She snarled, but her words were ignored as Casey brought her shadow up all around her, the black mass beginning to swirl violently as she poured her energy into it.

Screaming angrily, Ebon kicked off the ground as her wings unfolded behind her giving her a jump to her step. Gliding through the air, the Dragoness ducked Casey’s shadow as she fell towards Kari once more, though she was interrupted yet again, this time by someone else…

Falling to her side as she avoided the falling girl who chose to tackle her, Ebon skid of the ground for a moment before hearing a loud hissing noise in front of her. Raising her tail threateningly, Nya yowled angrily as she bared her diminutive fangs.

“Disgusting beast… I should have never have shown pity on you!” The noirette yelled angrily before walking towards Kari once again. “Nyaaa!” Running on all fours towards Ebon with her claws extended, the Neko kicked off the ground before she was ruthlessly swatted aside by the dragon’s tail.

Cupping her mouth in shock, Kari continued to cry as she watched her friend get smacked into the walls painfully. “N-Nya… no…” Holding onto the blonde’s finger gently, Abby was speechless. How could she do that to her own kind… That was just cruel!

The power between a D and an A was nonexistent. But, it didn’t look like Ebon held back her hit what so ever… She really was a Monster… Opening her mouth threateningly as bright orange flames licked at the back of her throat, Ebon closed her eyes angrily before turning around, fire erupting from her mouth once more as she enveloped the shadow aiming to slam into her when her guard was down.

She wouldn’t be caught off guard by something like that! “You bitch… you fucking bitch… I won’t let ya hurt Abby! Neither will the boyd and neither the cat either! We won’t let ya, so just stop already!” Casey screamed before coughing in pain.

Looking downward in shock, the Dullahan felt her shadow fall away from her head as the hand embedded in her stomach began to turn. ‘D-D-Damn it…’ She was so fast… Yanking her fist out of Casey’s stomach, Ebon pulled her arm away letting the redhead fall to her knees.

“You can preach all you want filth… but I’ll do what Najia has always done… and protect our kind. Even from traitors like you…” She whispered venomously before swinging her tail around and knocking the older girls head clean off her. "Casey!!" Watching the Dullahan drop to the ground in pain, Ebon growled before looking back at Kari. Still frozen from all that had been seen and said, the younger witch shuddered as she watched Ebon beginning to walk towards her.

“P-P-Please… please, stop it…” Shaking her head futilely, Kari gulped as she felt her back pressing itself against the cave walls. She couldn’t outrun a dragon… and Ebon was blocking the only entrance and exit to her cave as well. She was trapped…

Nearing the witch bitterly, Ebon’s jaw lowered once again as fire began to lick at her lips once more. She’d finish this, and end this stupid game once and for all! “D-D-Damn it, I-I said stop…. a-already…” Feeling her ankle gripped, the dragoness closed her mouth before glaring downward.

Coiling her shadow up the volatile girl’s leg, Casey grit her teeth as a light trickle of blood escaped her lips. “W-We won’t stop… We won’t let, you hurt… her!” she spat out painfully. 'C-Casey...' shivering in fear, not for herself this time but for the redhead, she was watching, Abby shook her head. She looked like she was in so much pain just trying to move... Looking over her shoulder as she watched Casey’s body limply trying to stand, Ebon shook her head.

“You couldn’t stop me even if you wanted to… because you’re weak.” Stomping her foot, the dragon girl kicked away the Dullahan’s shadow before she began walking over to Kari once more. “You’re all so weak… you act tough, you act smart… you act savage… but you’re all so frail in the end. That’s why we stick together… that’s why Najia brought us together because it’s just how we are. All of us…”

Ebon finished solemnly before closing her eyes. “Humans are frail and pitiful creatures to… there a plague on this world. They use the land how they see fit and take whatever they claim to be theirs. You know what else does that? A disease…” She whispered her tone full of derision as she watched the shivering human in Kari’s hand.

“But even a pitiful race such as Humans can be at the top of the food chain when they outnumber us ten to one! A wolf, against a shrew, is nothing… a wolf against a thousand, however, is food… we don’t breed our lives away like you humans do… so we don’t have numbers on our sides…” she spat before shaking her head.

“How do you see this ending Kari? You magically change this human back, you let her go, and then what? The moment she’s free from your control, she’ll just go and bring others here. If Najia couldn’t even come back in one piece, what chances do we have against the humans...?” She muttered darkly.

Sniffling, the younger girl shook her head quietly before gazing down at Abby. “She… she wouldn’t do that. S-She doesn’t like us much, b-but she’s not a Monster!” Looking up at Kari silently, the brunette was mute as she listened to the witch defending her.

“She’s been helping Najia!” “Because you’re forcing her to…” “She’s been helping me too!” “Because she’s scared of you…” “She cares for us!” “She cares for her own wellbeing… “SHES MY FRIEND!” Narrowing her eyes, Ebon was quiet now as she watched the witch glaring back at her.

“Friend… Don’t be foolish… The humans don’t see us as friends, and you know this. You know this better than most. If only your mother had been as smart to know this too…” Whimpering, a fresh wave of tears flooded from the blonde's eyes now at the mention of her mother.

“I-I… I won’t l-l-let y-you- “Kari…” stiffening, the blonde looked down before whimpering even louder as she saw the gentle face being given to her from the smaller girl. “It’s going to be alright…” Rubbing the toddler’s finger gently, Abby’s eyes hardened as she glared over at the dragoness now.

“I… I don’t know who hurt you, and I don’t claim to know what you’re feeling either. B-But whatever happened doesn’t give you the right to make Kari cry!” Glaring at the human currently being clenched in the witches hands, Ebon opened her mouth as flames began to gather once more.

“S-She’s been hurt too! I… I don’t know how, but I know it’s painful! And what you're saying is hurting her more than I am!” Growing silent, Kari’s mouth opened and closed as she tried to speak, but, her voice seemed to have vanished as Abby took its place.

Snarling at the human, Ebon began marching over to her once again, her anger rising by the second. “You’re all here together! You’re all comrades by Najia’s hand! Your all Hominal and beastial! You shouldn’t fight like this! E-Even if it’s because of someone like me!” Abby screamed angrily before feeling her words leave her as well, as the shadow of the dragon rose over her.

Staring down Kari as she kneeled on the ground fearfully, Ebon was quiet for a moment as her reptilian eyes studied both girls. But, the fire in her throat was still there… “You’re right… we are Hominal and Beastial… and you’re the human who found your way here… you don’t belong here… you don’t belong in this world…”

Feeling something pressing into her stomach, Kari looked down before panicking. “W-W-WAIT, E-EBON, PLEASE, DON’T DO THIS!” Forcing Kari away from her Ebon slapped her hand as she watched cruelly as Abby tumbled to the ground.

Falling on the rocky floors, the shrunken girl grit her teeth in pain as she looked upwards. Screaming hysterically as she fought against Ebon’s tail pinning her to the side, Kari thrashed as she watched the horror of what was about to happen. Was this really it…?

Looking up into the Dragon’s bloody eyes as fire began to peek out, Abby could do little more than close her eyes. This was the second most terrifying thing she had ever seen, her childhood being ripped away from her being in the lead, if only barely…

Perhaps Ebon was right… she didn’t belong here. She should be scared, and, she was… but not nearly as much as she should be. ‘I-I-I guess… I guess you gave me this strength, huh Eve?’ It wasn’t hers. Not with death staring her down…

Eve…

Opening her eyes in shock, Abby’s mouth opened without a second thought, but… it was already too late… Breathing fire onto the smaller girl, Ebon poured all her anger into her breath as she let her flames wash over the smaller girl. It had to be done…

“ABBY!” Screaming her name, Kari fell limply to the ground as tears poured down her cheeks like fire from Ebon’s mouth. That was it… they failed her… Raising her shaking hand up as she reached towards the miniature inferno in front of her face, the blonde tried to reach for the smaller girl but Ebon’s tail kept her away.

As the last of her fire began to die off after about thirty seconds, Ebon snapped her jaw shut before blowing out the smoke that had gathered in her lungs through her nose. She hadn’t held it that long before and it kind of hurt her throat afterward's.

Falling to her knee’s as the Dragon’s tail pulled away from her, Kari’s legs gave out as she kneeled on the ground speechlessly. ‘A-A-Abby… Abby… Abby…’ Whimpering, tears began to trickle down the witches cheeks as she sobbed loudly.

They couldn’t do it; they couldn’t keep her safe… Ignoring the irritating wails coming from the blonde, Ebon folded her wings back and coiled her tail around them. “You should have just eaten her Nya… you prolonged this longer than it had to be…” Ebon scoffed before turning to leave.

Taking a few steps forward, the noirette didn’t even make it 5 steps before stopping prematurely as a loud high pitched scream caught her attention. Blinking, Ebon looked back before her eyes shot open. ‘N-No, that’s not possible!’ What the hell was going on!

Screaming in pain, Abby cried in agony as she cradled her legs, burns riddling them up to her thighs… but, that’s where it ended. From there up, she was perfectly fine. She should have been a pile of ash after her breath! Dragon fire was the hottest kind of fire the world! She couldn’t have gotten that weak yet!

Twitching as she tried to process what was going on, Abby continued to cry as she felt the scalding pain radiating off of her. It hurt; it hurt more than anything she had ever felt before. This was hell! Gritting her teeth, the Brunette opened her eyes as she glared up at Ebon as she forced her lips apart.

 

“EEEEEEEEVVVEEEEEEEEEEEE!”

 

Blinking as she heard the strange cry, Ebon was about to march back over to the smaller girl… but, something was coming. Feeling the air in the cavern suddenly burst around them all wildly, the Dragoness pulled her wings into her as they almost caught stream from the violent gusts. What the hell was this!?

“fufufu… about time Abby… You had me scared, and you made me angry that you waited till this point to call me…”

Widening her eyes as the winds began to die down, Ebon spun around in shock as looked to the new voice. She knew it… she knew it well… Stepping into the cave lightheartedly, Eve teetered back and forth with a playful smile dancing over her fanged lips.

“Truly you should have reconsidered my warning… but, lesson learned, right?” she smirked before her bloody eyes narrowed as she saw the tattered state the shrunken girl was in. “Troublesome human…” Sighing, the blonde shook her head before directing her attention over to Ebon who was speechless by the vampire’s sudden appearance.

“It’s been awhile, hasn’t it Ebony?” Feeling her anger rise from the Hominal’s remark, the Dragoness narrowed her eyes as she bared her teeth. “Don’t call me that Eveline… what are you doing here!” She snapped in agitation. Did the human somehow call her? What was going on!

Moving her hand up to her lips, the regally dressed girl giggled before touching her lips. “I’m just fulfilling a promise is all? But, what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be catering claw and paw to your little… let’s say, sister? Does that work for you? Or possibly cousin! Oh, that sounds better.”

Grinding her teeth from the audacity of the pale girl’s words, Ebon growled threateningly before turning away. “I’m ridding our home of a pest… one of which traitors brought in. Don’t get in my way.” She snarled before marching back over to Abby.

“It's impolite to speak to someone you’re not looking at…” Eve whispered before her lips pressed against the Dragon’s ear freezing her where she stood. “So pay attention…” Swinging her tail at the vampire violently, Ebon roared angrily as she floated backward's giggling, almost as if the laws of gravity didn’t abide by her.

“Abby is mine, Ebon… I’ve claimed her already, so you’ll have to get your rather savage kicks off of something else. She’s mine!” Eve whispered darkly. Turning back to the human, Ebon was about to finish what she began before blinking… she was gone…

“Here, keep her safe for me while I play with little Ebony, alright? Fufufu…” Blinking slowly, Kari looked up at Eve in disbelief as she was handed the crying teen. What was going on anymore? Pulling her fingers away from the smaller girl, Eve gave her a sympathetic smile before kissing her finger and tapping her forehead.

“I’ll be with you soon~.” She purred before standing back up to face the Dragoness behind her. She could feel the temperature in the room rising by the second. “Do not get in my way, Eveline! She’s a human!” Ebon snarled before stepping closer to the pair of girls.

Sighing tiredly, Eve flicked her wrist a few times before stretching her arms out. “Well, I didn’t think she was a Monster now, don’t prattle on Ebon, your words are tiresome…” Stepping over to the vampire, the Dragon’s clawed hand wrapped around her white linens as she yanked her forward.

“I am warning you… do not interfere!” She hissed. Cringing from the close proximity of the younger girls face, Eve sighed once more before resting her right hand on the noirette’s shoulders. “And I’ve already warned you… Abby is mine.”

Feeling her eyes widen, Ebon coughed before shooting backward's into the cavern's walls, her breath being knocked out of her in the process. Patting down her red rose, Eve adjusted it a bit as she puffed out its frills. She hated when her clothing was ruffled…

Hearing a loud cracking coming from the wall she had sent the toddler, the Vampiress turned before ducking as a large rock flew right where her head had been. “Now, now… there’s no need to be mean. It’s almost as if you were trying to hurt me.” Eve purred, a smirk dancing over her lips as she leaned back up.

Crawling out of the large crack she had made, Ebon roared angrily as her wings unfolded behind her, fire burning deep within her throat. Feeling the hairs on the back of her neck rise, Eve shivered as a smile made its way to her lips. This would be fun.

Lunging towards the blonde with her wings carrying her, Eve sidestepped the tackle as she began walking casually around all the clawed grabs and slashes being sent towards her from the raven haired child. “Your sluggish today, not getting enough energy in your diet Ebon?” She chided before leaping back from the Dragons tail.

“SHUT UP EVELINE!” Jamming her claws into the ground, Ebon’s jaw widened as she puffed out her cheeks. Roaring loudly, fire erupted from her lungs as she shot it towards the vampire, but… it didn’t work… in fact, it didn’t even go off…

Watching on the sidelines as the two A-class Monsters fought, Kari was speechless by what she was witnessing. Standing still in midair, the large ball of fire Ebon was trying to create fought to stay afloat before recoiling back into the dragoness much to her surprise.

Looking at Eve in shock, the little witch shook her head in disbelief… had she been, blowing on it? unpursing her lips, the blonde child tucked a lock of her strawberry hair behind her ear as she smiled. “I can use my breath as well… does Dragon fire burn a Dragon?” She was actually a bit curious.

Growling as her skin glowed a faint red from the heat radiating off her scales, Ebon’s eyes burned angrily now. When did Eve get this strong! This wasn't right. “WHAT THE HELL!” Blinking, the blonde jumped back before casually dancing around the dragon, each of her movements being rhythmic as she laughed playfully.

“WHEN DID, YOU, GET, SO, POWERFUL!” she shrieked before spewing another jet of fire forward if smaller now. Blowing the flames out entirely, Eve smiled darkly at the younger girl before raising her hand in the air.

“It sucks to be considered weak… doesn’t it?” She sneered before flicking her finger. Shooting backward into the walls of the cave once again, Eve’s playful demeanor dropped entirely as she leveled a hateful glare at the Dragon currently pinned into the wall.

“We fought, what was it… three, no, four years back? It’s been so long… and it pains me to say it, but you were stronger than I was. Much stronger…” she muttered quietly before shaking her head. “But defeat is a humbling thing… it shows you where you stand, where you can improve… and where to get better.” She smiled before flipping her wrist around and moving her finger upward.

Shooting back towards her, Ebon screeched as she flew into Eve before coughing in pain as her throat was clenched tightly by the blonde. “You’re strong… so very strong… but you have one flaw that you just can’t seem to get over…” She whispered before looking over to Kari and Abby.

“You refuse to accept Humans… or, their delicious energy.” She murmured before tightening her grip on the dragon girl. Clawing at her hand, Ebon thrashed around painfully as she tried to get free but her grip was like iron!

Wiggling the child back and forth as if she were weightless to her, Eve’s bloody eyes looked down at her with disdain. “All Monsters need Energy… we NEED human essence. Meat and grass will only sustain us for so long. Even a Dragon must consume essence Ebon, yet you refuse to take it in because you hate those Humans so much…” She whispered quietly before pulling the arm holding the strangling girl inward.

“But, I have no problems with it!” She sneered before shoving her forward and back into the wall where she had come from before. Coughing in pain, Ebon coughed as she felt a foreign taste in her mouth. Raising a shaky claw up to her lips, the Dragoness pulled her hand away with widened eyes. She tasted her own blood…

Cracking her neck to the side tiredly, Eve stretched herself out a bit before looking back towards the startled girl. “You refuse to accept any Energy if it's of human origin. Only Najia could give you Energy because only the Energy from another Monster was pure. Your fastidious behavior is why you find yourself like this Ebon… it's why you feel pain… it's why you taste it… it's why Ivy will grow up not knowing who you are…”

Feeling her eyes widen, Ebon shot upwards before slamming back into the wall with Eve’s hand firmly clenched around her throat once again. Choking the Dragon harder, the Vampiress narrowed her eyes as she tightened her hold.

“I warned you… and you didn’t listen.” She whispered venomously as her eyes began to glow red. No one would harm her Abby… no one…

 

“EEEEEEVVVEEEEEEE!”

 

Blinking slowly, the blonde paused her vicious assault on the Dragoness momentarily before turning around. Looking down at Abby in shock, Kari touched the little human’s side but her fingers were pushed away painfully. Gritting her teeth from the intense feeling still burning her lower half, the brunette looked up at the vampire with tear filled eyes.

“EVE, DON’T HURT HER! STOP!”

Stiffening, the older child frowned before directing her eyes back to Ebon. “Pity, from you? You know she will just try and kill you again Abby. Let me protect you now so that-““NO, DON’T DO IT! STOP IT NOW EVE!” Abby shrieked at the top of her lungs before falling backward's in pain.

It hurt… it hurt to speak, it hurt to move… it just hurt…

Standing in silence over the choking girl, the vampire’s eyes narrowed as she looked back at the Dragon’s pained expression. Lowering her face closer to hers, Eve bared her teeth before flashing a smile. “That human you hate… is the only reason Ivy will see her big sister again… remember that.” She whispered bitterly before pulling the dragon out of the wall and tossing her towards the entrance of the cave.

Skidding on the ground in pain, Ebon gasped for air as her vision blurred around her. "I-I'm done... I'm done, babysitting all of you... From now on... you're on your own..."

Kicking off the wall and floating down gently as she landed, Eve looked back at Ebon, but, she was already gone. Smirking from the Dragon turning tail and leaving, the older girl nodded before directing her attention back to the little witch huddled in the corner of the cave.

“My, my, my, my, my… That was fun.” She chirped as she teetered towards them both, her playful demeanor back in place as she soon stood over Kari. Watching in fright as Eveline kneeled down over her, Kari whimpered as she pulled Abby into her chest before hearing a pained scream from the smaller girl.

Looking down in shock, Kari whimpered as tears filled her eyes. Did she do that! Looking down at her scorched lower half, Kari whimpered in dismay. It looked so painful… she must be in more pain then she could ever imagine.

“Give her to me Kari…” Looking up in shock, the blonde shivered in fear as she saw the indifferent look the vampire was giving her. her eyes, all mirth behind them were gone now. Extending her hand, Eve snapped her fingers before looking down at Abby sympathetically.

“I said, give her to me…” Shivering as seconds ticked by, Kari’s hands started to move before a silent voice spoke up after her long silence. “D-DON’T DO IT KARI!” Blinking, the toddler looked to her side as she saw Casey attempting to crawl to her feet, her head resting opposite of her as she willed her body to move.

“D-Don’t fucking hand her over to that thing!” The redhead snapped before falling back down in pain. Nodding her head slowly, the younger girl pulled Abby into her chest once more before feeling her breath hitch.

Resting her face just inches from the witches, Eve smiled silently at her as her eyes darted down. “She's in pain Kari… so much pain, just look at her…” Gulping, Kari looked down at Abby before whimpering louder as she saw her writhing in agony.

“You want to help her, don’t you?” Nodding her head slowly, Kari soon cried. “Yes, you do… but you lack the Energy to do it… Najia hasn’t fed you since her incident and you used the last of yours to shrink Abby down, to begin with… you're helpless to save her life right now. All medicines you could use wouldn’t stop tissue decay from her third-degree burns… and you wouldn’t be able to stop the blood loss once her legs began to… decompose…” She hissed before narrowing her eyes.

“Your options are limited to two… You can keep playing savior, and doom our little human friend to such an excruciating fate… or, you can hand her over to me, and I promise you she’ll be alright.” Looking up at Eve slowly, Kari’s eyes were side with disbelief.

She could heal Abby?! Seeing nothing but truth behind the older girls words, Kari closed her eyes before thrusting her hands forward much to the screaming Dullahan’s ire. “P-P-Please… please save her!” The toddler wailed before opening her eyes back up… but, it was done…

Looking down at her hands, the little witch sniffled before crying loudly. Abby was gone, and so was Eve…

 

 

To be continued…

 

End Notes:

 

Welp, theres the first conflict you've seen featuring Ebon, but don't think the Dragoness will be licking her wounds for long!

As always please review and give me a like if you'd like ;)

And give one to F.W. to, he really made the scenes pop out better then I could have managed by myself. :)

I'll see you all again soon, but probably not as soon as this one XD

Bye bye!

 

Deeper than the surface, by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

Hey, hey, hey :D

 

Welcome back people, glad to have you here! Even if I can't see your faces... Oh well. Thanks for coming either way. :P

Now, the pacing on this chapter might be a little strange so if it is I'm sorry. I ended up making this a freaking Monster with the loving help of you know who. the one and only Franchise Writer. :D

And... it turned out to be like 15 or 16 thousand words xD

So, i crunched it into a couple chapters and i'm just fixing up the second half now. Either way I know you'll enjoy whats to come so thank you once again for being here.

 

Also, I waited to post till this day for a reason since I've had the chapter done for a few days now. I'd love it if everyone would give a big shout out to Franchise Writer because, It's his Birthday! :D

 

Happy Birthday Senpai!!!

 

Give him a cheer or message him yourself :P Just don't say I said to do it,

XP

 

So enjoy the chapter, and have a great day!

 

 

“Impetuous… reprehensible… reckless… just a few of the words that come to my mind when I look at you now. You disappoint me, Abby… you really do.” Sitting in silent discomfort, not only because of the severe wounds she had received by the hands of the fire-breathing child, Ebon, but… also because of how she was being talked down to repeatedly.

She had the pleasure of hearing all of Eve’s animosities towards her since they had vanished from Kari’s cave. She didn’t even know how this got to the point it was currently. One minute she was being cradled by the little blonde witch, and the next, she was being carried somewhere else by the regal vampire. Somehow she had blinked and missed it even happening…

“Precipitous… precipitated… foolish… naive… dumb, should I keep listing the adjectives till you find one you understand?” Eve pondered aloud before shaking her head. She was mad, plain and simple. She had given the human a way to contact her via the bond she created between them… yet, she chose to wait till after receiving such injuries to even use it!

Narrowing her eyes, the child shook her head. This was by no means alright. “If you do not call me then I cannot come. It’s as simple as that. I even warned you what was going to happen… Tell me; what in the world were you thinking Abby? I expected more from you. Honestly, a Dullahan and a Witch fighting against a Dragon? Just what did you think the outcome of such an engagement would be? Did you expect your would-be protectors to actually hold Ebon back? Do you even have anything to say!?” She snapped.

Sitting with her head hanging low as she was belittled further and further, the teenager was mute. For all intense and purposes… Eve was right. The strength of the rankings of Monsters was there for a reason. A D-Rank couldn’t match a C-Rank just as much as a C-Rank couldn’t match a B-Rank. So, what did she think would happen when Ebon picked a fight with Casey? There were some circumstances where it could happen… but those were very rare.

‘I… I guess I was just scared…’ And Ebon wasn’t the one she was the most afraid of either. “Abby… Why did you not call me sooner? Answer me…” Looking up at the blonde as her crimson eyes peered down at her, the smaller girl was quiet once more as she tried to find her voice.

“You’re scared of me… aren’t you?” Stiffening as her words were taken right out of her thoughts, Abby refused to acknowledge the vampire as she felt something lightly brushing against her back. Coming to a standstill in the caverns, Eve stopped walking as she looked down at the smaller girl silently.

“Abby…  Look at me, please.” Shivering from her gentle tone, the brunette finally relented as her eyes traveled back up to meet the blondes. Staring into the shrunken humans face, Eve moved one of her fingers forward before gingerly brushing her cheek. “It hurts me, Abby… It hurts me, both physically, and emotionally, to see you in the state that you’re in now.” She whispered before her eyes traveled down to her lower waist.

Following her sight, Abby whimpered as she felt the stinging sensation of her skin beginning to return. The pain was numbing for the most part which wasn’t good. It meant her nerves were most likely burned off… and that could cause serious damage to her later on. If it was as severe as it looked… s-she might not even be able to walk again even if she recovered somehow…

‘I guess, I really wasn’t thinking about the consequences…’ Feeling her cheek touched by the blonde’s index finger, her face was soon pushed back in place so Eve could look down at her. “You don’t trust me… and to be fair, neither would I if I were in your shoes. But, I ask you this… what have I done to make you throw away your life before even considering calling for me once things got to the point they were…” She growled, her fangs bearing slightly as her anger tried to come back out.

Lowering her eyes in sadness, Abby was quickly punished as her chin was forced back up to stare at the blonde. “LOOK AT ME!” She snarled, before pinching the smaller girls head. “What did I do that made you think this was a better option?!” She spat before pointing to her scorched legs.

Whimpering, tears found their way to the teen’s eyes as she shook her head. “I-I-I don’t know!” “YES YOU DO, DON’T LIE TO ME!” Eve screeched angrily. Feeling tears swell up under her eyes, Abby shook her head as her lips parted. “W-What do you w-want from me…” She cried.

She didn’t know, she just didn’t… not anymore. Feeling the firm grip on her face soften to a gentle caress, the brunette’s eyes peeked open as she felt the younger girl’s fingers rubbing her cheek tenderly. “I want you to trust me, Abby… And it seems I failed in doing just that when I had you brought to my sanctum. This fault is mine.” Eve whispered as she closed her eyes regretfully.

Leaning into the blonde’s gentle touch as she felt the girl’s fingers warming her cheek, Abby shook her head. She didn’t know what to say. This was the Eve she knew. Quiet, calm… loving. She wasn’t anything like Casey said she was. But, Casey was her friend… and so was Kari. They had been looking after her after everything that had happened. Not to mention… not to mention the darker side she had seen from the little Vampire after her confrontation with Ebon…

Who was right? “I know why you’ve regressed in your opinion of me. As I’ve said, I hear all… Kari and Casey have every right not to like me. They based their opinions on what I used to be… but not what I am now. I’m not the same Monster I once was Abby… times change.” Eve muttered quietly before she began walking once again, her thoughts darkening a bit as she thought about the past.

“Wherever we travel, we bring with us mistrust and paranoia. Our home is on blighted ground. This is the curse we Monsters share, Abby.” Looking up at Eve confused, the younger girl shook her head already knowing her words were pointless without context to fill her in.

“When Najia first came to us… we were all harrowing forms of our former selves. You can look at anyone of us here, and you’d see a completely different girl that existed before we met her. She wants to change us, Abby… She’s been trying her hardest to do it too. But, she’s failed…”

Looking back down as she quickened her pace, Eve closed her crimson eyes as she saw nothing but confusion in the brunettes teal ones. “I’m not the Monster I once was… even, if you think otherwise. But I ask you and plead… if you think me a real Monster, then make it your own opinion. Not one that someone else has given you.” She whispered before leaning her face down.

Feeling a light kiss placed on top of her head, the teenager was silent as she mulled over the vampire's words. Could someone really change from cruel to loving just like that? People, they didn’t just change… at least, that’s what she had learned over time. Were Monsters any different?

“W-W-Why… why did you try to kill Ebon…?” Pausing mid-step, Eve was still as she felt the brunette’s eyes upon her. Peering downward, the Vampiress was quiet for a moment giving her the impression she wasn’t going to answer her, but, her lips finally parted, her fangs glistening as she licked them along with her lips.

“I’m not who I once was Abby… but, I cannot change how I feel.” She whispered before her iris's began to shine an eerie red. “If anyone tries to endanger my loved ones, be it friend, companion, or otherwise… I’ll show them no mercy.” She whispered before closing her eyes and continuing her walk.

Shuddering from the hatred she heard in the younger girl’s tone, the teenager looked down sheepishly. “But the question I’d like to ask you… is why you wanted me to spare her, to begin with. She wouldn’t have done the same if your situations were reversed.” Blinking, Abby looked back up before scowling.

“W-What kind of a question is that! You can’t just kill someone. E-Even… even if she did try to kill me... What happened back there with Ebon and you… it wasn’t self-defense. You proved you’re strong, stronger than her even. It was sad to see really…” She mumbled before shaking her head.

Casey had put up a fight, but even so, she fell in power compared to the Dragon girl… but then there was Eve who simply swatted her away like she was nothing. ‘And their both A ranks…’ It was just staggering really. Smiling silently as she looked down at the human, a quiet chuckle escaped the vampire’s lips.

“You’re far too compassionate to us Monsters. I thought you hated our kind after all.” Blushing, the teenager sighed before shaking her head. “J-Just because I don’t like Hominals or Beastials doesn’t mean I want to see them tortured. I-I don’t know who Ivy is but the look in Ebon’s eyes when you mentioned her… you hurt her more with your words than anything else.” She whispered.

Feeling her pace slowing down, Eve sighed silently before shaking her head. “Perhaps, you’re right… I might have gone a tad too far, but, so did she…” Nodding, Abby looked up at Eve before smiling. “P-Please, just don’t do it again. I, I know Ebon is dangerous… but she’s not to you. So don’t pick on her.”

Feeling a smile dance across her lips, the blonde chuckled once more before closing her eyes. “Anything for you, my little amore.” She whispered, her words confusing the teen thoroughly. ‘What the heck is an amore?’

Keeping her pace, Eve started to walk again, but it seemed like something was distracting her. Having to stop every few meters, the question eventually found its way to the smaller girl’s words as she looked up at the flushed vampire. “E-Eve, where are we headed… and why do you look so bothered going there?” She didn’t claim to know her that well, but even she could see something was off.

Forcing herself to smile, the blonde chuckled dryly as she tried to pick up her pace. She had already lost a lot of time… “We, my dear Abby are headed to go see one of my friends. The injuries you received are beyond my capabilities to heal. A Vampire can mend a flesh wound easily enough with her spit. The enzymes in our saliva work like that. But… with how you are now unless I used you as a teething stick for the next few weeks I’m afraid they’d have no effect on you.” She snickered.

Blushing from the sarcasm in her tone, Abby nodded before looking around. There were no luminescent fungi in this area. That meant they had already left Kari’s domain. “I get the feeling we’re not going to see Ella and Emma… right? So, who’s your friend?”

Raising her brow as she chewed on her tongue, Eve smiled before shaking her head. “You’ll find out soon enough. Now, s-stop moving around so much… you’ll injure yourself more than you already are…” She whispered darkly.

Looking back at the child confused, the brunette looked down at her legs before frowning. ‘I don’t feel anything from before.’ When she had first received her burns the pain had been excruciating.  She thought she was going to die from the amount of agony she was in… but now…

‘M-My nerves couldn’t have burned away that fast. Something’s not right…’ Moving her hand over to her charred flesh, the shrunken girl gently touched her leg before a loud cry erupted from Eve’s mouth startling her.

Hissing through her teeth, the vampire's eyes shined brightly as she bit her tongue. “P-Please Abby… r-refrain from touching it!” She whispered through her teeth. Shivering in confusion, the teenager looked up at the blonde wordlessly before a shiver ran down her spine.

‘N-N-No way…’ Looking up at the younger girl as she staggered forward slowly, her eyes were drawn to her bright face… and the sweat dripping down her brow. She looked… she looked like she was the one in pain… not her.

Shifting her gaze between her own legs and Eve, Abby’s eyes slowly began to widen in shock. She had stopped feeling the pain the moment Eve began carrying her… “WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME? A-ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!” Chuckling dryly as her legs buckled under her lightly, the child smiled down at her before shaking her head.

“A-Astute as ever… But, I suppose you had other things on your mind… Don’t think about it too much, we’re almost there…” She muttered softly before wincing once more. Gripping Eve’s fingers tightly, Abby looked up at her in horror. It had become apparent just what she was doing to her now… and she didn’t like it.

“H-H-How… how are you doing this? Why are you the one in pain and not me?!” Pausing momentarily, Eve panted quietly as she pressed her back against one of the cavern's walls. She needed to take a break sadly. Resting her head on the wall, the little Vampiress smiled tiredly before closing her eyes.

“Don’t worry… I’ll be just fine. Our minds are linked together, Abby. You’ve already figured that out though. Pain is nothing but the body’s way of letting you know something is wrong. It’s a feeling… and because of what I’ve done, we can share them… Let me bare it for you, my little human. As I’ve said, this is my fault for you not trusting me. And it’s my punishment as much as it is yours.” She whispered before kicking off the wall.

“Now… enough talking… We need to go see her soon before your injuries worsen. I can feel the pain growing stronger.” She muttered darkly before staggering forward once again. Clenching the child’s finger, Abby shook her head angrily now. “N-N-No! S-Stop it, Eve! I don’t want to see you… I-in… in pain…?” Growing silent as her eyes locked with the child’s red ones, the younger girl was solemn as she stared down at her.

“Please… just let me do this. I don’t like seeing you in pain either.” She whispered before tapping the smaller girls head. “So just tolerate it for my selfish sake… alright?” Feeling her head pet affectionately, Abby blushed before looking away bitterly.

She didn’t like it… she really didn’t. She was a doctor damn it! But Eve seemed deadset on doing what she wanted. And… and it didn’t look like she could get her to stop doing whatever it was that was preventing her pain even if she wanted to. Nodding silently, Abby shivered as she felt her cheek gently brushed once more.

“Thank you…” Looking ahead of her, the blonde smiled sadly as she quickened her pace, her legs burning with ever step she took. Hopefully, she would reach her soon. The pain she felt would turn chronic the longer she siphoned it from her…

 

And if Abby ever found that out, she’d never forgive her…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Stumbling into an open cavern as light rippled off the ceiling in spades, Eve panted tiredly as she looked around. “B-B-Brook! Come out!” She called loudly before leaning into the wall in exhaustion. The pain was far greater than she thought it to be. If Abby were to be in her state now… she wouldn’t have been able to forgive herself.

Peering out from between the vampire’s clenched fingers, Abby looked around as she admired the cavern. It was breathtaking. Stretched out wider than any other she had seen so far, many, many pools of water made up the ground with the largest looking like a miniature lake dead center in the middle. She couldn’t even see how deep it was, but it looked like light was somehow being emitted from the water beneath.

Reflecting off the walls and back into the pools, the entire cave shined like a glistening sapphire causing this to be one of the most beautiful things she had ever witnessed. ‘T-T-This was really right next to Darrowford?’ Her town and everything around it was so bleak… dark, and dreary. But this was the exact opposite.

She was speechless. Not showing the same enthusiasm as her shrunken passenger, Eve’s fist soon balled up before she slammed it into the wall startling her. “BROOK, I SAID COME OUT! I NEED YOU!” She screamed. As her voice carried through the echoing chambers, the water all around them suddenly began to ripple.

Looking at the center pool in surprise as it began to bob and bubble on its own, the water suddenly shot upwards in a spout before flying through the air and impacting the ground in front of them. 'W-What the hell?!' Leaning on the wall behind her, the blonde chuckled silently as she watched the water being poured beginning to mold and form.

Growing into a smaller shape than Eve, the body of water soon separated as three appendages split apart, one of the left, one on the right, and one on top. Coming to a standstill, the liquid jiggled slightly before smoothing out and finally fading into a different color entirely, well… parts of it.

Growing pale towards the middle, a deeper blue towards the base and an equally navy towards the tip, the water finally stopped entirely as a creature stood where it had once been. Opening her eyes, the creature smiled warmly at Eve before cupping her hands together.

“Did you like it?” Hanging her head, the Vampiress nodded before wincing in pain. “Q-Quite the entrance as per usual… You have a thing for flare, as always Brook.” She chuckled before growling as her legs buckled under her causing her to fall to her knees.

Cupping her mouth the younger girl jumped as she saw her usually haughty friend on the floor in pain. “E-E-Eveline! What’s wrong?” Moving to her side as she pushed one of her arms underneath her to support her, the blue haired child blinked once… then twice before letting out a cry of surprise as she came face to face with Abby who was still resting in her hand.

Looking up at the younger girl confused, the teenager was mute as she stared at her. She had been witnessed to the grand entrance and it certainly had been flashy… but, that wasn’t what left her speechless. No… it was what was below the girl’s waist…

Where her midsection ended, legs should have followed but instead, she had a long, cerulean tail with greenish fins at the base and top half of it. She was most certainly a Mermaid… Falling on her butt, err… hindquarters? Brook gawked in silent shock as she stared at Abby just as speechless as she was.

“W-W-What the heck is that thing!?” It was tiny, and looking at her! Pressing her knuckles into the ground, Eve continued to pant as she pushed herself into a sitting position. “B-Brook… I-I’ll explain later but I need you now.” The vampire pleaded softly.

“Y-Y-You, you n-need me…?” She whispered in surprise as her eyes lit up. Nodding, the blonde moved her free hand forward as she showed her the shrunken human. Looking down at the smaller girl confused, the blue haired child soon noticed what it was she meant. “Your skin… oh, you poor thing…” It looked like she had been burned really badly. But, why was she sitting so still like that? Looking up to Eve confused, the blue haired child soon fidgeted as she saw the stern look she was being given.

“Heal her, heal her now.” Eeping, the younger girl shivered before nodding. She was so scary when she used that tone of voice! Fidgeting for a moment, Brook looked to one of the smaller pools next to her before her body began to ripple and melt. “P-Put her in my water and I’ll get to work!” Splashing on the ground as she turned into a large puddle, it soon shifted before draining back into the small pool.

Crawling over to it tiredly, Eve sighed as she began lowering Abby in. “J-Just relax for me, and Abby… t-t-trust me.” She whispered sternly, a hiss escaping her teeth as she grit them. Looking up at Eve in pain, the brunette nodded. She had been suffering because of her… the least she could do was have faith in her now… like she should have had, to begin with…

Feeling the tepid water around her slowly engulf her, the teenager looked around in wonder as the light from the pool enveloped her. “Just relax little person, a-alright? I’ll take care of this in no time!” Blinking, Abby looked down before scowling. Her voice… it was the new girls, Brooks… but, it sounded like it had come from the water itself.

Feeling a currently suddenly pick up around her, the smaller girl let out a cry of surprise as she was quickly pulled out of the vampire's grip. Watching as the teenager left her hand on her own, Eve sighed before falling to the floor exhaustedly. She had been pushed to her limit there… and it was really taking its toll on her to keep up the siphon any longer then she could.

As the blonde’s fingers left her, however, the pain had to go somewhere… and soon, it returned. Widening her eyes, Abby whimpered before crying out in agony, her legs suddenly burning like they had before. She had forgotten just how horrible this felt! It was still just as excruciating!

Lifting her head slowly, Eve smiled sadly at the girl currently thrashing in the water before moving her hand limply towards her. “I-I’m sorry I couldn’t keep it on you any longer… Please bare it for just a little bit longer, alright?” She whispered before gritting her teeth. She hated hearing the smaller girl scream like this...

Whimpering, Abby tried to do her best but, it just hurt… Spinning slowly in the water as the current circled around her, a firm feeling suddenly surrounded her before she floated in place amongst the torrent of liquid. “There, there… I got you don’t worry. You should feel it soon little one…”

Biting her lip as she cried, the brunette nodded as she waited… it still hurt… but, she felt, different now. Hearing the screaming beginning to die down, Eve cracked open her eyes before smiling. “Thank you, Brook… please, do everything you can for her. She's very precious to me.” Hearing a hum echo off the water, the regal vampire chuckled.

“It’s strange to hear a request from you Eveline. She really, really must be special! So, who is she? And what is she?” The voice floated from the water once more before a small spout of it flowed upwards and eventually faded from blue to a pale tan and finally shifted back into the blue haired girls head.

Opening and closing her eyes in fatigue, the blonde looked back at the human as she panted in the water. “Her name’s Abby… and she’s mine.” Turning her head, Brook smiled gleefully before giggling. “You like her, you like her, you like her! Someone has a cruuuuush! Owe! Meanie!” Pulling her finger back from the Mermaids head, a scowl formed on the vampire’s face now.

“Act your age... I get enough childish antics from the twins…” She mumbled before hearing another giggle in return. “Aww, but it’s kind of silly! I’ve never seen you take an interest in another person. Is she going to be your mate or something?”

Growing a bright shade of red, the blonde’s brow twitched as she stifled a growl. “N-Now, now Brook… it’s rude to intrude where you don’t belong. I’d stop inquiring if I were you… or you might find getting the Energy you need to feed your *pet* rather challenging without me…” She muttered darkly.

Growing pale, two hands of water sprouted out of the pool before cupping the little Mermaids mouth, her eyes showing fear at such a prospect. Nodding, Eve sighed before shaking her head. “All you need to know is she’s very important to me… and I need you to heal her injuries. She had the unpleasantness of running into Ebon. She doesn’t take too kindly to Humans after all.”

Stiffening, Brook looked away from her friend before peering over to the thrashing brunette as she fought with her pain. “W-W-Wait… S-S-She’s, she’s a h-h-human?!” Nodding her head tiredly, the older girl leaned up now before stretching her arms. Her strength was slowly returning now. Thankfully it didn’t appear that she used her siphon to long. The phantom pains she felt that had lingered behind were all but gone now.

“Yes, she is. Abby will fill you in once she’s feeling better. For now, guard her for me and make sure she’s healed. Consider this returning the favor for Goomie.” Looking up with joy, Brook nodded quickly before waving to her. “Yep, yep! Leave it to me, Eveline! I’ll protect her just like she was mine!”

Chuckling, Eve nodded before the wind around her began to pick up. “Contact me once she’s better. I need to go now. I’ll have to get some of my Energy back from my familiars. I’ll see you soon.” She whispered as the air hissed around her before blowing away… and with it, her…

Pouting from the extravagant way she left, Brook huffed before looking back down at Abby. “She always makes it look so easy when she does that! D-Did you see my entrance though? Was it just as cool?” Hearing no reply from the panting girl, the little Mermaid frowned before her head moved over towards her.

Watching the Human silently, the younger girl hummed. This was her first time seeing a human at this size. She was kind of cute! But… not her legs… Souring as she continued to wash away her burns with her water, Brook faded back into the pool as she got to work. She could talk with the little person more once she was feeling better. Maybe she would be her friend afterward's too!

 

She hoped so at least…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Breathing steadily as her body floated freely in water, Abby’s mind faded in and out as she tried to remain conscious. After the pain became too much for her she finally found peace as the gentle water caressed her scorched skin in a way she never thought possible. The burning sensations… they were gone…

Now, she just felt tired… exhausted really. But this was a much better feeling than the one before. ‘E-Eve…’ Hearing no reply in her mind, the teenager continued to lie on her back as her body moved from side to side.

She was completely oblivious to the world right now… but, she could still hear and feel what was going on around her. Smiling quietly as a gentle voice registered in her ears, the brunette had to wonder why it sounded so familiar. It was faint at first… but as time went on, it grew louder until it was a relaxing melody she could easily fall asleep to.

It was beautiful. She had heard it somewhere before… but, her mind couldn’t seem to recall where or why it seemed so reminiscent. Willing her body to move, the shrunken girl tried to lift her hand up but she couldn’t so much as raise a finger…

Trying instead to open her eyes, the teen had just barely managed to crack them before taking a sharp breath as her throat clenched up. Peering upwards in fright, Abby made no sound whatsoever as her eyes met with a much larger pair of jade ones… they were just inches above her…

Leaning her face over Abby, Brook watched her closely as she studied the sleeping girl. She looked like a human, and Eveline said she was one… but she was just so puny! Could she really be one? Blinking as she saw one of the older girls eyes opening, the younger Mermaid eeped before her head suddenly ducked underwater.

Clenching her eyes open and closed forcefully, Abby groaned before keeping them open now. What the hell was that about? That was a little too close for comfort… Attempting to lean her head up, the brunette soon found as it was with her hands, the same was for the rest of her body. She was completely drained.

Sighing quietly as her breath came out dry, Abby glanced around as she looked upwards. It was the only direction she was facing after all… Looking at the ceiling as lights danced over its rocky surface, the smaller girl smiled quietly. It was still just as beautiful as she remembered. With as much pain as she had been in before, she might have thought it just a hallucination. But, here it was…

Feeling the water beside her ripple gently, the teenager peered to her right as she watched a head slowly rise from the pool. She knew the Mermaid was real... so, what was she doing…? Poking her head out of the water, Brook looked over at Abby a few feet away before slowly creeping closer.

“W-Why… why can’t I move…?” Screeching, the blue haired girl dived back underwater leaving the older girl with a blank expression. ‘What the hell?’ Was it something she said? Waiting a few minutes till the water started to move again, the Mermaid soon poked her head out again… though, this time she was a bit farther away.

Shivering in the water, the younger girl gripped the water around her as if it were a solid substance as she tried to hide behind it. “A-A-Are you awake…?” Furrowing her brow, the brunette scowled before attempting to nod… though, she couldn’t seem to do that either. “Y-Yeah… but… but I’m really... really tired…” She mumbled before closing her eyes again.

Fidgeting, Brook nodded before inching closer once again. “T-T-That’s p-probably because of my waters. I washed off your burns so you’ll heal. B-B-But, it takes a lot of Energy to do it. A Hominal wouldn’t be able to survive it since it would drain them dry… b-but since you’re H-H-Human… you should just feel really tired for a while…” She stuttered out quietly before getting close enough to reach her.

Forming a tendril of water that soon changed into her hand, the little Mermaid shivered as extended her index finger closer to the shrunken girl. Feeling something press against her cheek, Abby blinked before looking to her side. “Why are you poking me…?”

Jumping, Brooks hand quickly melted back into the water before she swam back a ways. “S-S-SORRY, SORRY, SORRY!” She screamed before cupping her mouth. She didn’t want to anger the Human! Looking at the strange girl on confusion, Abby sighed before finally getting enough strength back to simply shake her head.

“Y-You’re fine… Brook, was it? It’s not like I’m not already used to it or anything…” She mumbled. Being poked in the cheek wasn’t nearly as startling as being kissed or played with… Nodding timidly, the navy haired girl paddled closer once more as she peeked behind her makeshift water wall.

She actually seemed kind of nervous around her… ‘I can’t imagine why…’ She was three inches tall and paralyzed from the neck down… What could she do that would make her so timid? Licking her lips slowly as she moved her head over her once again, the younger girl studied Abby up and down before frowning.

“I… I think I cleaned all of your dead skin off. H-How does it feel?” Frowning, the teenager tried to move her legs, but she just wasn’t strong enough yet. “I’ll tell you when I can feel them…” She chuckled dryly earning a confused look from the younger looking girl.

“I feel numb… everywhere really. Is, is that normal…?” Nodding quickly, Brook looked down at the human’s legs before smiling. “Yep! When you get the kind of injury you had your body has to repair itself. That’s what my water does!” She smiled proudly.

Nodding silently Abby tried to lean up again, but, she just couldn’t. Not yet at least. “I need to see them, my legs, I mean.” Staring down at the smaller girl confused, Brook quietly nodded before moving the water around the humans back upwards raising her gently.

As she leaned up, the shrunken brunette got a better view now of the cave. It was just as vast as she remembered, and still as breathtaking as well. Glancing down at what she really wanted to see, however, all color drained from the teenagers face as complete and utter disbelief took ahold of her now.

Her legs… what had happened to her legs… If she could have cupped her mouth, she probably would have. Her skin, it was a bright pale color, and there was not so much as a scar or even a reminder of where her charred flesh had been. Her legs looked brand new… literally. ‘T-T-They don’t even look like they belong to me…’

Letting her disbelieving gaze travel over to her limp arms, Abby shivered as she compared the skin tone. She was always a little bit of a shut in and a bookworm, and the weather in Darrowford was less than ideal for tanning… but, the shading was still off. It was like she had grown completely new legs or something…

“T-This is unreal…” Moving her head closer, Brook smiled sheepishly now as she watched the shock and awe the smaller girl was in. “I told you I could wash off your burns. It took some time since your wounds sunk into your bones… B-But don’t worry! I fixed those too. In fact, you should be even stronger now too! I regrew your muscles and ligaments. You should feel even better than before! S-S-So… please, tell me what you think once you can move again… o-ok?” She mumbled out shyly.

Glancing to the child in silence, a crooked smile found its way to the teen's lips now. “B-Brook… this is absolutely amazing. I-I can’t believe you can heal things like this!” Blushing, the younger Hominal bit her lip happily as she nodded. “I-I-Its nothing s-special, I-I mean all Mermaids can control water… S-Something like this, it’s basic to us…” she stuttered out embarrassedly. It wasn’t every day she got a compliment from a human!

Mulling over the girl's words, Abby was thoughtful now. “You’re a Mermaid, right? That’s a C ranked Hominal with abilities that are rather unknown. Is… is healing one of them? Something all of your kind can do? If so the medical possibilities are endless! You could revolutionize the field of medicine if you could isolate how you do it!” Looking down at the brunette in surprise Brook quickly nodded as she tried to keep up with her enthusiasm. She didn’t quite understand why she seemed so interested but she liked the attention... “Y-Yeah! All of our kind can heal others. It just differs person to person. Energy is always needed for something like this though. How do you know so much about me though?” Mermaids were a reclusive race for a reason…

Thinking back to what she had read about her kind, a quiet smile found its way to the brunette’s lips now as she tried to lean up again, with more success this time. “I… I suppose, it’s because I’m rather fascinated with your species. Mermaids were thought to be a myth for a long time until Heinrich proved everyone wrong when he discovered them off the coast of southern Ireland. In his depictions, he wrote them as a C-ranked Monster simply because, they didn’t want to harm him. They were playful and majestic creatures… But, the hidden potential behind them was never truly discovered. I guess since I’ve always been afraid of Hominal and Beastials… I figured seeing a real Mermaid would bring me some kind of closure. Your race is a happy one from what he wrote about... It turns out though being shrunken, captured, toyed with, and nearly killed in just a few days does the same thing too though…” She chuckled dryly.

Opening her eyes back up, the mirth in the older girls face left almost instantly as her eyes met with Brooks once more as she stared at her in wonder. ‘T-T-To close!’ “You really like Mermaids!” Blushing from the excited tone of the younger girl, Abby nodded.

“I-I guess…?” She was more fascinated by them, but it seemed her words had some kind of an effect on the younger girl. Fidgeting giddily, Brook blushed as a happy smile danced over her lips now. “I… I didn’t think we were liked this much! That makes me so happy! I’m sure I’ll find my husband now that I know you Humans like us!” She chirped with excitement.

Blinking, Abby scowled as she tried to figure out her statement. “Y-Y-Your husband…?” Nodding giddily Brook giggled as her skin quivered like water rippling after a stone were tossed in it. “Uh huh! I hope whoever it is, is kind to me!” Furrowing her brow, the teenager shrugged her shoulder a few times as she began to feel feeling in the tips of her fingers now.

“S-So… you want to get married… to a human…?” Blinking, the blue haired child looked back down at Abby happily before nodding. “Well duh! What Mermaid doesn’t want a strong human to be our mate?” Seeing the confusion clearly written over the shrunken girls face, Brook smiled sheepishly before laughing.

“Humans are the best! You’re always so full of life! Energy drips off of you like faucets, you can walk on land, and you’re so strong! You can protect us Mermaids from other bad creatures!” She chirped. Thinking about her statements, Abby was thoughtful for a moment. Remembering what the great explorer had once said about Mermaids, they were very affectionate to him. Heinrich even claimed they wanted him to join them in the water on more than one occasion… though, due to his past experience with Monsters, he obviously declined.

Perhaps other Mermaids saw Humans as optimal… mates? ‘That’s what Casey said they have…’ It wasn’t marriage, it was simply two mates. ‘I guess that’s what all Monsters want… even Mermaids.’ Though, it seemed like an odd thing to want when you’re only a kid. Blinking slowly, the teenager would have palmed her face had her hands responded to her now. She didn’t even know how old Brook was! They didn’t always appear the age they were after all.

“H-Hey Brook… how old are you?” Wiggling back and forth as her mind fantasies freely, the little Mermaid paused before looking back down. “Six… I think. Why?” Shaking her head, the brunette chuckled. ‘I guess she is a kid after all… never mind.’

“Don’t worry about it… So, why do you want to find a husband? I mean, you’re kind of young you know.” Most girls weren’t interested in that until they were around her age at least. Though, she never had interest in that for some reason… Work usually kept her focus more than guys did. ‘Not that they were exactly lining up to court me or anything…’

Souring a bit, Abby was brought back to the present by the happiness in the younger girl’s voice. “All Mermaids want to find their husband early on silly! We want to take care of our mates, it’s in our nature!” She laughed before sighing in bliss. “I want to be able to do everything for mine. I can cook, clean, and even comfort them after a long day! Oh, that sounds so wonderful… There’s nothing like feeling wanted…” She whispered, a sad smile making its way to her lips.

Hearing the not so subtle change, a frown forced its way to the teen’s lips now as she saw the sadder girl. Most of these girls were here for a reason… and she had a feeling Brook was no different. “Why do you want to feel wanted? I don’t really follow.” Sure it was always a good thing to be needed, but to actively live for it? That seemed a little strange to her.

She was the kind of person who could be alone for days and she’d be perfectly content knowing her time was used to better herself. Though, usually, that later translated to helping others… perhaps it was a cycle…

Floating in the water quietly, the younger girl was silent now as she mulled over Abby's words. “W-Why do I want to feel wanted…? W-What kind of a question is that? Who doesn’t want to feel important?” Brook mumbled quietly before looking down at the little human confused.

“To be cherished… to be needed… M-My heart flutters when I’m needed. T-That’s why Najia put me in charge of cooking for the other girls every night. It just makes you feel valued… like you belong somewhere… Don’t you feel like that when you do something for someone else?”

Humming now, a small smile made its way to Abby's face before she nodded. “I guess your right… I became a doctor because its what my Master was, but, as time went on I started to feel more and more like I found my calling with it. And whenever he and I helped someone… my heart raced, and I felt…” “Needed…”

Chuckling, the teenager nodded. She kind of got it now. Though, it seemed like wanting a husband just to feel needed was a little over the top. “From what it sounds like you’re already needed here, Brook. You said you cook for the other tenants right? That’s important. And I know Eve trusts you and needed your help… and, so did I.” She whispered thankfully. The little vampire wouldn’t have just given her to someone she didn’t have faith in, even if it were dire. She knew that now.

Quivering, the little Mermaid whimpered before moving her face closer to the shrunken girl. “D-D-Do you mean it?! W-Was I helpful to you?” “T-T-To close!” Pulling her face back, Brook giggled as she saw the smaller girl sighing. “I’d say so… I mean just look at what you did to me.” Abby smiled before lifting her hand limply over her legs.

Cupping her hands over her bare chest, the navy haired girl moaned happily as she touched where her heart was… or, at least where she assumed it was. You could never truly know with Monster biology. “Eveline is lucky to have a Mate like you. You’re really kind Abby. If only I could find a Husband like you one day.” Brook smiled warmly.

Stiffening, it took a few seconds for the younger girl’s words to register before her face lit up a bright shade of red. “M-M-MATE?!” She thought she was her mate?! Blinking slowly, Brook looked down before nodding. “Aren’t you her mate?” “W-W-WHAT!? O-O-OF COURSE NOT! I’M A GIRL!” “So?” “S-S-So! B-Brook you just said you wanted a Husband!”

Tapping her chin in thought, Brook scowled now.” I never said I wanted a man to be my husband. I don’t care if it’s a guy or a girl, I just want one.” She smiled. Gawking, the brunette hung her head. She had thought for just a moment there was a Hominal here who actually grasped the concept of marriage but no! Of course not!

“B-Brook, a husband is a guy… A girl’s the wife. You said you wanted a husband…” “Well duh! I’m the wife!” The Mermaid defended before crossing her arms. “I don’t care if my husbands a guy or a girl, but I’m the wife!” She argued, her cheeks puffing out a bit angrily. She didn’t want to be the husband! She wanted to take care of hers not the other way around!

Giving the child a deadpanned look, Abby hung her head. ‘T-T-There all the same damn it…’ Why was this so hard for them to grasp! “Why would you think having a girl for a husband is weird? I don’t understand.” Brook mumbled as she continued to cross her arms. Mermaids had found comfort in other Mermaids for centuries. Though some of the lucky ones had Mermen, but they were a really rare breed. She’d be lucky to ever see one let alone have one as a husband. No, she’d settle for a Human. She liked them more anyways.

Looking up into the younger girls jade eyes pleadingly, the shrunken teen tried to make her understand. “It’s just how it is. It’s always been a man and a woman, not a guy and a guy, and c-certainly not a girl and a girl!” “Nope.” “NOPE WHAT?!” “Nope, nope.” Brook shook her head.

Crying out angrily, Abby shook her head. She wanted to pull her hair if only her arms weren’t still limp. “Would you drink milk your whole life but never touch cheese?” Blinking slowly, a sour expression crossed over the teenagers face. “W-What? I-I don’t understand what you’re talking about…” Where the hell did that come from?

Bobbing up and down in the water, Brook frowned as she continued to cross her arms. “If you have two types of food that are nearly the same would you only eat one and not the other? What if its beef and pork? Would you only eat one meat your whole life if you had the option or would you try the other too?”

Feeling the cogs in her mind slowly beginning to turn, Abby’s jaw quickly dropped as she worked out what the younger girl was saying now. “Y-YOU CAN’T COMPARE SEXES TO FOOD BROOK!” “Why not! Both taste the same!” Lighting up even redder, the teenager shook her head profusely now. “THAT’S NOT MY POINT! A-A-AND DON’T SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT!” She said she was six!

Gritting her teeth, Abby glared up at the younger girl angrily. “I-It’s not that simple!” “It is! I don’t know why you can’t see that!” The Mermaid fought back heatedly. “Why would you only take one option with your life just because something doesn’t look as appealing as the other? So what if you have a girl as a Husband! I’d love it if Eveline was my Husband! She’s super strong! Why does it bother you so much?”

“Because that’s not a what a Husband is!” Scowling down at Abby, Brook scoffed before shaking her head. “I take it back, I don’t want a husband like you. You’re stupid!” Sputtering, Abby growled angrily now. Who the hell was she to call her stupid! This was her opinion! “J-Just because you’re wrong doesn’t make me stupid!” “There’s nothing wrong with it though stupid!” “Quit calling me stupid!” “Stupid, stupid, stupid!”

Hanging her head, Abby bit her tongue angrily. She was arguing with a child… she wasn’t going to win this damn it! “L-L-Look! Let's just agree to disagree!” This conversation was never going to end… Pouting, Brook turned her back on the smaller girl as she kept her arms crossed.

“What does Eveline see in you? You seem like a lowly human…” “WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!” Flicking her tail in the water as she paddled back and forth, Brook continued to shake her head. “She’s really smart and strong! She wouldn't just take anyone to mate with her. So what does she see in a stupid human like you?”

Grinding her teeth, Abby tried to remain calm but her composure was cracking by the second. She was like a more obnoxious Casey! HOW WAS THAT POSSIBLE?! Shaking her head, the little Mermaid sighed before hanging her head. “too bad, she could really use a good wife. Poor Eveline, having to scrap the bottom of the barrel for you…” “SHUT UP! SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP. SHUT UP!”

Cracking open an eye, Brook scowled before lowering her head down. “Why should I stupid!” “I’D MAKE A GOOD WIFE TO ANYONE DAMN IT!” Clawing at the water angrily, Abby was fuming now. “I’M NOT STUPID, I-I’M EDUCATED! A-A-AND I’M A DOCTOR IN TRAINING! I’M KIND TO OTHERS AND I LOVE TO TREAT PEOPLE TO! WHO ARE YOU TO CALL ME A BAD MATE FOR EVE!” She was a catch!

Smiling coyly now, Brook leaned down till her face was resting just inches in front of hers. “So… you do like her then!” As the shrunken teen's rage began to evaporate, Abby began to blink slowly before her face lit up brightly… she had been baited.

Screaming, the teenager thrashed in the water angrily before glaring at the smug Hominal. “S-Screw you!” Laughing happily as she splashed around in the pool, Brook swam in circles gleefully as she began fading In and out of the water. “You like her, you like her, you like her too! You both like each other, so cuuuuuuuute~!”

Whimpering in the water as the structural integrity beneath her began to fall away, Abby sunk in the pool before floating there bitterly. S-She didn’t… she couldn’t like Eve, she was a girl… Paddling on her back as giggles continued to leave her throat the blunette sighed before floating next to the now crying girl.

“I know you’re not stupid, stupid.” She giggled before giving the girl a gentle poke to make her float as well. “But you do seem confused. I don’t understand why you don’t like girl’s that seems really weird to me. No one’s supposed to live their life alone… Hominal, beastial, or human. We were put on this earth to have a little fun! So, embrace it! Love who you love, that’s what we Mermaids do! When we find our mates we just know it by seeing them. Just one look in their eyes and all of our emotions are exchanged. This is love… Can you not say you haven’t felt it before?”

Flouting in the water silently, Abby was mute as she heard the girls words echoing in her ears. ‘I-Its wrong…’ She had always been taught it was, from as far back as she could remember… Feeling herself beginning to rise, the smaller girl gently turned her head as she saw the water beneath her lifting her up to Brook’s eye level.

“Why judge yourself and not grasp love when it’s right in front of you? Any Mermaid would leap onto land for it!” She exclaimed before cupping her chest once more. “Love is love… Don’t forsake it for something stupid… Stupid.” She giggled before sticking out her tongue.

Ignoring the childish antics of… well, the child, Abby was solemn now. How did her words affect her so deeply… It was troubling. Closing her eyes, the teenager was quiet now as she tried to calm down. She was more strung up now then she was when she first woke up thanks to the obnoxious girl. It seemed more then one of these girls could get under her skin. She’d have to work on that…

Cradling the smaller human gently as the water beneath her changed into her hands, the little Mermaid sighed before shaking her head. “You really are blessed to find love so early in life. Most of my kind doesn’t find it till much later on. I hope, I’m different though…” She wanted her Husband as soon as possible. She craved being needed…

“Brook… how did you end up here?” Blinking slowly, the younger girl looked down at Abby mutely before scowling. Why did she want to know that? Opening her eyes distantly, the brunette looked up into the younger girl’s jaded jade eyes before frowning.

“I want to know more… More about you, about the others… about Najia... How did she find you?” Her question might have come at an odd moment, but, she needed to know more… for her own sake… Lowering her head, the Mermaid was silent for a moment before she began paddling over to the ledge of the pool.

Looking down as she was set gently on the rocks, Brook let her go before cupping her hands together silently. “Y-You said, you wanted to know stuff about me… right?” Nodding slowly, Abby nodded as she tried to move around a bit. Her arms were responding and so was her neck, but she was still pretty much numb to the touch from her stomach down. She still had a long ways to go…

Resting her hands on the edge of the ledge, the blue haired girl propped her chin up in front of her before thinking it over. It had been about two years now since it all happened… and it made her sad to think about it all over again…

Licking her lips, regardless of her body’s composition, Brook tried to speak but found her voice struggling to come out. Though, she didn’t need to force it. “If you don’t want to tell me everything, that’s fine. Just please tell me about Najia at least… I do want to know more about you… but if it hurts I understand.” Abby whispered.

Staring down at the teen quietly, a sad smile danced across the Mermaids lips. “I… I was born in the eastern Atlantic Ocean, several miles out from here… from this continent I mean. My species are known as a Betta Mermaid… our species are specific to different breeds of fish we originate from. Our lineage is traced back to these breeds, though… I couldn’t tell you why. I’m not a fish…” She smiled dryly before shaking her head.

“I was born in a large reef hidden by a dense kelp forest. It was a preferable hiding place for our kind… not many sailors would come near it because of rocks scratching the bottoms of their boats.” She giggled. Thinking back to her old life, Brook saddened considerably before closing her eyes.

“Mermaids like to live with others of our kind… and my Mom was no different. We lived in a small clan of about fifteen or sixteen I think. But, I was the youngest. I don’t know who my father was… but I think he was a sailor. My mom said I was born there but there are no Mermen from what I remember…” Nodding quietly Abby listened closely as she paid attention, this was interesting to hear.

Nuzzling her arms gently Brook sighed before shaking her head. “Things were dull back there… back home. But, it was safe. Until the Anglers came… at least.” Raising her brow, the teenager thought about the name before nodding. They were most likely fishermen of some kind. It seemed to fit…

Shaking her head slowly, Brook whimpered before burying her face. “I… I was swimming too close to the top of our reef that day… I didn’t know what an Angler was. And… and when I saw it, I wanted it. There was something shiny in the water, something different. I saw something glowing, like a gem in the sea…” Brook whispered as her eyes seemed to dull over.

“B-Brook…?” Snapping back to attention, the Little Mermaid smiled sadly before nodding. “S-Sorry… I just remember how pretty it looked. I never got it though… When I swam for it, I remember it all happening so fast. One minute I’m grabbing ahold of the strange object, and the next, I’m flying out of the water… I-I-It was so scary…” Brook whispered before whimpering.

Feeling a gentle presence on her arm, the blue haired Mermaid looked up before smiling softly. Rubbing her limp hand back and forth in an attempt to comfort her, Abby was sullen as she thought it over. “Y-You were fished out of the water… like some type of a catch… weren’t you?”

Nodding her head, Brook trembled as a shiver ran down her spine. “When I landed I was on a boat, and… and there were men standing over me… a lot of them. M-Most of them were shocked to see me, others were cheering… But, it was all just so scary…” Brook sputtered before burying her face again.

“I… I was thrown into a cage… a-and that’s all I remember till I was here.” Brook cried softly, tears escaping her eyes as she remembered being abducted from her home. Clutching the blue haired girls arm gently, Abby face darkened as she felt her anger rise.

The more and more she learned about these girls, the greater her anger towards her own kind grew. She hated to hear it… but, it made her understand them all better. Looking up at the crying girl as she whimpered, however, the teen felt her heart aching. She was just a child… they took a child from her home!

Hugging the younger girl comfortingly, Abby sighed. “So… so how did you end up, here though? I saw you fading in and out of the water. Can't you turn into it or something?” If she was willing, she’d like to hear the rest… if the little Mermaid could finish her tale that is. Sniffling, Brook poked her eyes out as she wiped her nose on her arms. A lot of it was kind of a blur, but… she’d try to remember.

“I couldn't do it at the time... I didn't learn how to meld until about a year ago. Najia was the one who showed me how to do it. Before that... I… I think I was taken to a port or something. I-I don’t know which though. I was kept in some kind of tank for a few days… they didn’t feed me either…” Brook whimpered before shaking her head. It still haunted her. being alone… not knowing what was going on… it hurt…

Sighing, the younger girl shook her head again before looking back at the smaller girl. “I was taken onto land, and then somewhere else. I still couldn’t see because of the container they carried me in… but when it opened up, I… I was in a large room. A-A-And there was a lot of people! It was scary!” Brook cried before feeling her arm hugged tighter.

“C-Calm down, please… it's fine if you don’t want to go on. I just want to know how you ended up here. With Najia I mean.” Nodding slowly, Brook whimpered before biting her lip. “I, I was sold I think… I don’t really know what they were saying but I saw people waving stuff in the air at me. Eventually, someone bought me and I was being carried away. A few days later though when I was on the road, something stopped me and I was taken out of the cart I was in. W-W-When the lid to my container was pulled off I thrashed and tried to get away… but, all I saw was her…”

Watching as the younger girl calmed considerably now, Abby smiled. “Najia was looking down at me… she was smiling at me…” Crying softly, Brook smiled as she remembered it as clear as day. All around her were the men who had taken her. They were unconscious, and only the Kitsune stood tall.

“She told me to come with her, and… and I did. S-S-So that’s kind of how it all began. She took me in her arms, and we ran. I felt, safe…” Brook whispered before shivering happily. She had been so scared, and to feel comfort, It was a relief.

“Najia really must be amazing… I hear so much about her, yet I don’t even know who I’m treating personally.” Abby chuckled. Her hatred towards her patient was all but gone with each story she was told about her. She actually felt rather excited to meet her now… ironic.

Looking down at Abby in shock, the younger girl looked at her in surprise. “T-T-Treating?! Y-You’re… you're taking care of Najia…?” Nodding quietly, the brunette smiled up at the child before patting her arm. “I told you, I’m a doctor. It’s what I do.” Even if she was reluctant to do it at first… but, she didn’t need to know that.

Trembling, Brook fidgeted before her fingers began to move around Abby surprising the smaller teen. “B-B-Brook…?” Lifting her upwards towards her eyes now, the Mermaid was mute as she simply stared at her. “Y-You’re helping her… You’re saving Najia?” Nodding slowly from the repeated question, the shrunken human had let out a cry of surprise as she was instantly enveloped in the younger girls hands.

Pulling Abby into her chest, Brook shuddered as she hugged the smaller girl tightly. She was taking care of Najia! Why hadn’t Eveline mentioned that! “T-T-Thank you… t-thank you… thank you…” Crying softly as tears gently rolled down her cheeks again, Brook whimpered as she hugged the human tightly. Najia meant so much to her… and she was helping her even though they were different species…

It made her love for Humans even stronger, knowing there were some even like her. Sputtering as she was pressed face first into her, Abby tried to struggle but her body was still completely powerless to her control. “B-B-Brook, k-knock it off!”

Shaking her head, the younger girl laughed as she felt the teenager tickling her chest. “Thank you, thank you… thank you so much…” Relenting eventually, a dark blush dusted Abby’s cheeks as she pressed her face into her. “I-Its fine… really…” It was just a deal… she helped Najia and they helped her…

Frowning, the smaller girl sighed knowing that just wasn’t it anymore, regardless of what she told herself. She honestly did want to help the Kitsune, simply because she could. ‘I guess this is Eve’s fault too… did she change me, or was it everyone else?’ She didn’t know when it happened… but, it did.

As she was released eventually, the shrunken girl was brought upwards as Brook’s verdant eyes bore into her happily. It was a much better expression them her heart broken one from before. “I can see why Eve likes you now… I like you to.”

Blushing, the smaller girl sighed before scratching her cheek sheepishly. “K-Knock it off already…” She wasn’t used to this much affection. It was a bit too much for her tastes. Giggling, the Mermaid nodded before cradling Abby gently.

The atmosphere was ever shifting with these girls. One minute, they could be sad, the next happy, and even later trying to kill her. No matter what she did, there was always something going on around her. This was such a strange experience… but, it was one she cherished as strange as it seemed.

“H-Hey Abby?” Looking up at Brook once more, the shrunken human nodded as she saw the blue haired girl smiled quietly. “C-Can you tell me more to… about, you now?” Blinking slowly, a smile spread across her lips as well.

“S-Sure… that sounds nice… actually. What do you want to know first?” It would be awhile longer till she fully recovered… and someone to share her time with sounded kind of fun. Maybe she could learn a bit more too.

 

And make a new friend along the way…

 

 

To be continued.

 

 

End Notes:

 

Well that will do it everyone, thank you all for reading :D

I'll be revising the second half because of how its cropped right now so it will probably be about the same upload time but not as long as last time. As always please leave me a review, the longer the better, (I'm greedy) and tell me your thoughts and what you're hoping to see.~

See you guys next time around :D

 

Bye!

 

Drowning in pleasure... by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

Welcome back people, I'm glad to be back to xD

It's been awhile since I last posted so sorry about that. I was a little down because of... stuff, so I didn't want to write. But, i'm over it like usual. :P

Once again a quick note of thank you to Franchise Writer for his addition to my work. He added on a little to this chapter to so thank you good sir!

Please enjoy and tell me what you think. You don't honestly know how much your words mean to me and keep me wanting to write.

 

:)

 

Enjoy!

 

Wading quietly in a much smaller pool, Abby sighed contently as the warm waters relaxed her tense muscles. It had come as quite a shock to find out that Brook could alter the temperature of waters she was in contact with but it was a pleasant one none the less. The soothing liquid was doing wonders on her legs. Her muscles for all intense and purposes had never been used since they were regrown. But, they would strengthen in time, she was assured of that.

Resting her head on the rocks behind her, the brunette cracked open her eyes as she watched her new friend wiggling back and forth over a large pot as she danced to a gentle tune. Listening to the song she was humming, Abby smirked knowing now why it sounded so familiar to her before.

‘I heard her voice when Eve first took me to her cave.’ It was playing out of that conch she saw. It didn’t take a genius to piece together how the little vampire got it now. It seemed like whatever bond these two shared, it was a strong one. Sighing in bliss, the teenager stretched her arms as she tried to move her body once more.

She was almost there. The feeling had returned up to her waist now. Only her legs were left since the blunt of the damage she had received was there. She didn't know how the Dragon's fire had only burn part of her body, but she didn't care. The most she could do was chalk it up to a miracle. It wouldn’t be much longer now till she fully recovered from her injuries. Glancing back to the little Mermaid as she swam in a tiny circle happily, Abby smiled softly.

“What are you making?” Brook had stopped their conversation about fifteen minutes ago because it was getting close to the time she usually made the others their dinner. She knew she liked to cook from what she had been told before but that was an understatement. Watching her now it was like she lived for something like this.

Pausing her rhythmic movements, the navy haired girl quieted down before glancing back over to Abby. “Stew. N-Nothing to special really. Ebon came by this morning and dropped off some fresh meat for me to use so I’m trying to preserve it. I-I can’t really dry it out but if I boil it, I can make it last a couple more days at most.” She grinned, a slight stutter in her words from her embarrassment. She wasn’t going to get used to praise from a human any time soon. She still felt elated by it!

Frowning, the brunette nodded at the mention of the Dragon girl. She was apparently the one in charge of the others or at least the one who took charge after what happened to Najia. She didn’t know much else, however…

‘I-I wonder if Ebon really thinks I’m threatening them all…’ Sure she was a human… but, after witnessing the things she had… getting to know the girls one on one… seeing them for what they really were and not what she first thought them as… she knew without a doubt, she would never betray their trust.

‘Kari, Casey… Nya…’ They were so warm to her. Sure it was rough at first… and they were at each other’s throats, herself included… but, she’d grown rather fond of their company within a matter of days. What day was it now? ‘Wednesday…? Thursday…?’ It wasn’t time for her Master to come back, she knew that much… but, at least two or three days had gone by.

Closing her eyes, the shrunken girl nodded as she thought about it. How long had she really been here? Time seemed to be nonexistent anymore. She had been chased, attacked, rendered unconscious, and many other things that made time irrelevant for her. ‘I guess I’ll have to ask Eve when she comes by to pick me up.’

The Vampiress probably knew what day it was now, or, at least the time of day. She didn’t have a grasp on that either since she had taken up residence in these caverns. She’d really need to work on that… Opening her eyes back up, Abby was about to move before screeching in surprise.

“T-TO CLOSE! STOP DOING THAT!” Pulling her face back, Brook blushed before looking away. “S-Sorry… you looked troubled. Can I help you with anything! D-Do you need me?” Cupping her chest, the smaller girl sighed before shaking her head. The blunette had serious boundary issues!

“N-Not really, no. I’m just trying to get a feel for how long I’ve been here. It’s been a bit I guess.” She shrugged. Humming thoughtfully the little Mermaid nodded before turning her head. “I think it’s close to night time. That’s when I start making food for everyone at least. But it’s more of a guess really.” She shrugged.

Easing herself back down in the water, the smaller girl nodded as she glanced back to the pot the younger girl was using. “Do you just make food once a day or something? What happens if one of the others are hungry at a different time? And what about the girls who are nocturnal or early birds?” It seemed like an odd system to work with as much diversity as Hominal and Beastials had.

Paddling back over to the pot, Brook frowned before thinking it over. “Well… I think that’s not really a big deal with us. All of us here don’t really need to eat much because Najia gives us her Energy a few times a week. The food I make is meant to just make it last longer. We don’t need to eat anything if we have a lot of Energy. Our bodies break it down into nutrients. It’s just nice to have something in our stomachs though other than essence.” She giggled.

Thinking it over Abby nodded as she recalled a similar statement from Casey. ‘She said that Dullahan didn’t need to eat food and did it more out of pleasure than necessity. I guess the same is true for any other Hominal as well.’ It was a little fascinating really.

How did their bodies break down something like fluids into all the components their body needed? Protein, iron, carbohydrates, vitamins… there was a number of things really. It just proved that Monsters as she formerly saw them were a lot more fascinating than she gave them credit for. Their biology was truly remarkable. The diversity they held internally seemed to match them externally as well.

Smiling mirthfully the teenager sighed before shaking her head. “Your kind is really remarkable Brook. I envy your knowledge. I feel like a child again who just opened up a medical journal for the first time. This seems like common knowledge to you Hominal but I would have never even considered or known otherwise if I hadn’t been brought here. I-I feel grateful in a way.” She mumbled softly before shaking her head again.

It was truly fascinating indeed. Tapping her lips, the blue haired girl pouted before swimming back over towards her shrunken companion. “So… does that mean you don’t hate Kari then for changing you?” She had learned a lot from Abby since she came here. How she was taken from her home… kind of like herself…

Shaking her head gently, Abby was somber as she thought it over. “I was angry at first… then scared… I still am actually. But, I’ve been pulled into something far greater then I was a part of before. So, I guess the answer would be no. I don’t hate Kari… She didn’t do this to me out of spite for my kind. She was just, scared… and I gave her something even greater to fear by screaming Witch back in Darrowford…” She sighed.

That had been eating away at her for a while now. She shouldn’t have acted the way she did the first time they met. If she had been more open minded… maybe things could have been different. Using the water as a solid mass once more, Brook pulled a part of it under her to make a pillow before flopping on top of it.

“I think you’re sad. Am I right?” she murmured before smiling as she saw the smaller girl nod. She had hit the nail on the head. Sinking into the water a bit so her face submerged a little, Abby was silent as she thought about it. She was regretful now…

All her pain could have been avoided by one simple act of kindness and understanding for a terrified little girl. But she had been so brash as to scream to the world what she was. What her town feared… and what Kari feared as well… No, she didn’t hate Kari for what she did. She was just bitter towards herself for her own actions now. She was sorry…

Feeling herself rising out of the water, the brunette looked up before sighing as she saw Brook lifting her towards her face. “If you feel bad or something then just apologize. I don’t know Kari personally but she seems like a kind person. Like Eveline! I bet if you tell her what you told me she’ll understand. It feels good to get stuff off your chest.” She chirped.

Rubbing the back of her head sheepishly, the teenager was silent as she thought about it. It wouldn’t hurt to tell the little witch actually. She knew she probably felt bad for what she did. It might bring closure to her as much as it would herself.

“I guess… Maybe you’re right.” Nodding, Brook smiled happily before paddling back over towards her pot. “Alright, it’s settled! I hope things work out between you to. It’s no fun when friends fight. I wanted to cry when Eveline stopped talking to me one time…” She mumbled sadly before frowning as she saw the confused look she was being given.

“W-What happened…?” Fidgeting around a bit, Brook blushed before setting Abby down on the rocks. “W-W-Well… I-It turns out that Vampires don’t like Hawthorn… I-I didn’t know so…” She trailed off before wiggling around. “I-I… I kind of made a wreath out of it for her when we were heading to a new cave a year ago…” She whimpered off before cupping her face.

Furrowing her brow, Abby thought it over but she was drawing blanks. “Hawthorn’s a type of rose shrub used mostly for decoration annually. Why would a Vampire not like it?” She didn’t understand. Shrinking into the water a bit, Brook sniffled before shaking her head. “W-W-Well… I-It’s kind of poisonous to Vampires…”

Feeling her eyes widen, Abby gawked in shock now. “Y-YOU POISONED HER?!” “I DIDN’T KNOW IT WAS POISONOUS! IT LOOKED PRETTY!” Palming her face, the teenager shook her head now. That seemed like a pretty big thing you needed to know if you were friends with a Vampire… guaranteed she didn’t know that either but she had only just met Eve…

Whimpering louder, Brook shook her head furiously. “It was an accident! I just put it around her neck and… well, it started to burn her… I-I know now! So…” the Mermaid trailed off before sighing. “I’m glad she forgave me… It made me feel really bad.” Nodding in understanding, Abby smiled softly.

“Well… if you can make up after poisoning her I’m pretty sure nothing will ever top that.” She chuckled morbidly. Feeling her curiosity rising now, the teen thought about the Mermaid and Vampire for a moment before humming.

“Hey Brook… how come you two are friends, to begin with? I don’t think I even asked.” Casey and Kari seemed to fear and hate Eve but the way Brook talked with her and about her seemed the exact opposite. Getting another opinion of the blonde wouldn’t be a bad thing… especially considering she played such a large role in her life currently…

Blinking slowly, Brook pouted before propping her chin up on the rocks beside her. “What do you mean? Eveline and I have been friends since we first met. She was the first person to talk to me when Najia brought me into her pack.” Furrowing her brow, the smaller girl was about to ask but it seemed her question was answered not too long after her prior statement.

“Najia tried to help me find my way home at first… but without knowing what direction I came from it was kind of pointless…” She murmured before shaking her head, a small smile forming on her lips now. “S-So… so she took me in! I’m one of hers now! At least that’s why I call it her pack. When I got here there were only a few other girls… and Eveline was one of them.” Brook smiled happily before cupping her chest.

“I was scared… really scared to be around so many different Hominal… But, Eveline approached me, and she said it would be alright. A-And it was!” Brook smiled before hugging her arms. “I didn’t know a lot of things about humans or this land but Eveline did! She knows a lot! So… she just took me under her wing.” The younger girl whispered before shivering happily.

“She’s kind… and very sweet. I love her! But, not like a mate.” She laughed before shaking her head. “Asking why we’re friends… that’s not easy to answer. She’s just amazing!” Brook grinned before looking back down at the contemplative human.

“She takes care of her friend’s Abby. She’s helped me more time’s then I can count, and I can count really, really high!” Chuckling, the smaller girl nodded before shaking her head. “I guess that makes sense why you two seem so close. I’ve just heard mixed opinions of her. It’s hard to tell what truth is and what’s not with someone like her.”

Crossing her arms, Brook soured before puffing out her cheeks. “She’s the kindest kind person I’ve ever met! W-Well… except for Najia… N-No, wait! They’re both equally kind! The kindest nicest people in the whole wide world!” She exclaimed loudly before giggling.

Smiling, Abby nodded quietly as she listened to the Mermaid preaching about both Hominal. At this point, it might just be simpler to flip a coin then trying to make up her mind on Eve’s intentions. But… she was leaning towards the Vampire actually looking out for her now. Maybe she should have put more faith in her after all…

“C-C-Can you keep a secret?!” Looking back at Brook in surprise, Abby’s brow rose before she nodded. That was an odd thing to ask her. Glancing to her boiling stew as it slowly simmered, Brook nodded before diving under water.

Peering down into the vast chasm that was the bottom of the pool, Abby frowned as she saw the Mermaid vanish from sight. ‘Just how deep do these waters go?’ It seemed like the younger girl had made some kind of a network down there with how deep it had to be.

As seconds ticked by into minutes, the brunette soon grew worried. Was she coming back up…? She knew the water was deep but come on! Feeling her silent question answered as bubbles started to surface one by one, a small shape came into view before Abby sighed in relief.

Popping her head out of the water, Brook shook her hair dry before paddling over towards the teen. “I can prove Eveline is nice! This is going to be our little secret ok? W-Well… Eveline knows too, but no one else does! So promise not to tell anyone, ok!” she demanded, earning a quick nod in return. What kind of secret was this?!

Raising her hand from the water, the younger girl lifted a small glass bottle up before showing it off to her. “This is Goomie!” Looking at the child with a blank expression, Abby was silent as she glanced between the bottle in her hand and the excited Mermaid as she grinned back at her.

‘G-Goomie…?’ Looking back at the bottle containing some kind of light blue liquid, Abby’s face scrunched. “Y-You lost me here Brook. What’s a… G-Goomie…?” Grinning wider, the little mermaid moved her hand to the cork at the top of the bottle before tugging it off.

“Hey Goomie, wake up! We have a guest!” Brook whispered excitedly before tipping the bottle over on the ledge of the rocks. Peering up at the container as the fluid inside slowly started to fall downward, Abby had to wonder just what it was. It was slowly inching downward with the consistency of molasses or sap, but, it wasn’t parting like it should.

As the blue fluid completely came out it finally fell with a plop onto the rocks it started to quiver. ‘W-Wait did it just move?!’ Gawking in surprise now, the shrunken girl cupped her mouth in both fascination and shock as the liquid started to rise into a shape.

Extending out of the mass of gel-like substance two tendrils slowly formed around its sides before they smoothed out into hands. Doing the same with the upper half as well, the strange blue fluid continued to quiver before shaking slowly, a face forcing from the inside and eventually taking shape on the outside as well.

Jumping, Abby was speechless now as well. In place of whatever it was Brook had emptied onto the ground, was some type of watery creature. It looked like that of a child probably no older than Brook. Its hair was about the same length as the mermaids but it was completely made of the same substance all the way through. If it wasn’t for the slight indents in its skin… goo? She wouldn’t have been able to tell the difference.

While she didn’t know what it was per say, the brunette had a solid hunch by the strange way it wiggled as the creature looked around. Lifting its head, the petite gelatinous creature looked up at Brook before raising its arms towards her.

“Foo foo?”

Giggling, the navy haired girl shook her head before pointing down at Abby. “Not right now Goomie. I wanted you to meet someone. This is Abby! She’s a Human!” Brook squealed giddily before looking back at the shrunken girl.

Blinking, both girls… or, whatever it was that thing was looked towards each other before the blue tinted creature smiled. “Hooman!” Licking her lips slowly as she tried to speak, Abby was silent as she tried to find the words she wanted to say. This was weird even after everything she had been through. This thing was about her size after all… so, could it really be a Monster?

“B-B-Brook… w-what is that thing?” Pouting, the younger girl crossed her arms before looking back at the blue jiggling Monster girl. “She’s not a thing! This is Goomie! She’s a slime!” The child laughed happily before moving her finger forward.

Watching as the Mermaid poked the new creature, Abby nodded as she watched its skin ripple and jiggle. ‘I-I guess I was right after all…’ She had heard of slimes before but they were a strange topic to learn about that was for sure.

In the Heinrich Curriculum, they weren’t even classified from A to D…  These creatures weren’t exactly rare they just happened to not be very dangerous… or smart… or anything really. They lived in marshy environments or wetlands and that was about it. The great adventurer upon first discovering them saw them as subhuman beings that weren’t intelligent enough to communicate or even really acknowledge his presence. They also weren’t very territorial. If something moved into a slimes domain they simply continue on with it like it was nothing new. They were unlike any other Monster simply because, they didn’t seem to care about anything going on around them and just slithered about.

So seeing one now… it was strange really. She didn’t know what to expect. But, this wasn’t like the creatures she had read about. Bouncing up and down gently, the little blue slime girl looked at her in excitement as it pointed at her.

“Hooman… hooman…” Furrowing her brow as the slime spoke in barely legible English, the brunette glanced to her guardian as the younger girl laughed dryly. “S-She can’t really talk very well. S-So don’t pick on her ok!” Brook whined before gently patting the smaller creatures head. She was trying her best!

Garbling happily in a strange way, the smaller girl hugged Brook’s finger affectionately before pressing her face against her hand. Rubbing her chin in thought the teenager hummed as she looked at the new creature before her.

‘So this is a slime…’ She never expected to see one in real life. It was strange indeed. Though… some things didn’t really add up. The slime had spoken. ‘Heinrich said they weren’t intelligent…’ so why did this one seem to be?

Looking back up at Brook as she continued to gently poke and play with the slime creature, Abby cleared her throat. “Brook… How exactly did you find something like… G-Goomie? And why was she in a bottle? A-Also, what does it have to do with Eve?” This new appearance brought up more questions than answers for her. Looking back at her guest, the little Mermaid smiled down at her before pulling her hand away from the slime much to its sadness.

“Goomie and I are friends! I found her one day when I was swimming in one of the lakes near our old hideout. Najia had us camping in a forest for a few months. It was really thick and there was lots of water for me to swim in!” She chirped happily before looking back down at her friend.

“When I was swimming though I saw a tree branch in the water, it had to have fallen or something from one of the mires. The thing was though when I went near it guess who I found stuck on top of it!” She laughed before pointing to the slime girl.

Turning its head curiously, Goomie blinked slowly before mimicking the Mermaids smile. Nodding her head quietly, Abby glanced back to Brook as she wiggled around in the water happily. “Slimes can’t swim very well because their bodies are composed of Energy and fluids. There needs to be a mix of both or they become unstable and fall apart. So, she was kind of stranded…” The navy haired girl whispered before sighing.

“She must have been stuck on that branch for days before I found her…” Brook whimpered as she reached back over towards the Slime. Cooing happily as she was once again pet, the slime creature continued to hug Brooks hand as she tried to tell her companion what had happened.

Humming thoughtfully, Abby nodded now. “So you found her in the water because she was stuck, right? Is that why you had her in a bottle before?” Nodding quietly, Brook was quiet for a moment as she stared down at her slime.

“Pretty much… The thing is I have to hide her… When I saved Goomie she was so thankful! She wanted to follow me around and everything! So… I took her back to our camp… but Najia said I couldn’t keep her!” Brook cried before shaking her head dismayed.

Frowning, the smaller girl crossed her arms before looking back at the slime as she continued to cling to Brook’s hand. “She’s a Monster, not a pet Brook… have you been holding her prisoner this whole time…?” Abby whispered worriedly before the Mermaid quickly shook her head, her eyes widening.

“W-W-WHAT?! N-NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! SHES NOT MY PET, I SWEAR!” The Mermaid pleaded before cupping the slime in her hands, the creature seemingly unaware but pleasantly following along with what was going on around it.

“Goomie’s a beastial, Abby! Beastial's aren’t very smart so they need to stay in packs! But slimes don’t have packs! They just grow when they consume enough Energy then split apart. B-But she can’t fend for herself so she keeps shrinking!” Brook cried before pulling the smaller creature into her chest protectively.

“If I left her alone she’ll shrink and shrink and shrink and then go away forever! I don’t want her to die!” Brook cried as tears started to swell up in her eyes. Thinking over the new bit of information she had learned, the teenager nodded as she figured out what was going on now.

‘So she’s not keeping it as a pet…’ She was just taking care of it because it couldn’t take care of itself. What a sad creature… Sighing, the brunette nodded before looking back up at the crying Mermaid. “Calm down Brook, I wasn’t accusing you or anything. How come Najia wouldn’t let you girls keep her with you? I thought she took your kind in after all…” That had been the theme so far with each of the girls she had met.

Pouting, the navy haired girl stared down at the slime as she gently began sucking on her index finger. “W-Well… the thing is slime’s need Energy to remain stable. They can’t exist without it. So if it doesn’t get the Energy it needs it breaks apart and if it gets too much it expands and multiplies… S-Since they aren’t really aware of these things Najia said to leave her be so she could live on her own… S-She would be more trouble than we needed…” Brook whimpered sadly before shaking her head.

“B-B-But I couldn’t just leave her Abby! I couldn’t! I-If I did she would have fallen into the water and melted! O-Or shrunk away into nothingness! O-Or maybe even eaten!” The Mermaid cried before she broke out into full blown tears.

Panicking now, Abby waved her hands frantically as she tried to calm the child down. “B-B-BROOK I GET IT! CALM DOWN, CALM DOWN!” She didn’t mean to make her cry! Sniffling, the Mermaid continued to whimper as she cradled the slime girl.

“I-I couldn’t do it… s-so I hid her! I’ve been taking care of her ever since… Eve know's about her too. She's the one who's been helping me feed her. S-She give's me her own Energy to do it! S-So she is a nice person, ok!” Brook mumbled before leaning down and giving the smaller girl a gentle kiss. Blinking slowly the slime girl pulled her mouth off the larger girls hand before looking up at her and cooing.

“Book!” Giggling, Brook shook her head before patting the gooey girl's hair. “B-R-O-O-K, like the stream!” Making a quiet moaning noise the slime nodded before scrunching its face. “B-roke?” Laughing, Brook shook her head before pulling the Beastial into her cheek.

“Close enough! I love you so much Goomie!” Turning her head confused, the light blue slime smiled before happily hugging her back, its mind seemingly one track as it drank in all the attention it was receiving.

‘Well, it doesn’t look like she’s unhappy with what’s going on…’ Goomie, or whatever its real name was looked like it was happy to be here… even if it had been trapped in a bottle just moments ago. She probably did that so she wouldn’t get wet if she had to take a shot in the dark.

“Would you like to meet her?” Blinking, Abby looked back up at Brook before stiffening as her hands moved towards her. Waving her arms frantically back and forth, the teenager tried to protest but it was too late. Jumping back in surprise as the slime fell off of the Mermaids hands and right in front of her, Abby stiffened as the creature looked up at her confused.

“U-Uh… H-H-Hi… Goomie…?” Blinking slowly, the slime creature smiled before cooing in its strange way. “Hooman!” Nodding slowly, Abby chuckled as she scratched her cheek sheepishly. “U-Uh… y-yeah… I’m a human…” What was she supposed to say to a slime?! It probably didn’t even understand half of what she could tell it.

Feeling something touching her foot, the brunette looked downward before the blood in her face started to drain. Wanting to pull away if she could, Abby cringed as she saw the slime girl slowly moving towards her. “B-B-Brook! W-What’s she doing!?” Why was it getting closer to her!

Humming, Brook looked down at her little friend before shrugging her shoulders. “I think she wants to say hi to you. She’s really affectionate!” the Mermaid chirped. Cringing as the slime crawled closer, Abby whimpered as its face neared hers.

Leaning backward's as she tried to keep some form of distance, it proved fruitless as the slime followed her all the way till their faces were right next to each other. She acquired this bad habit from Brook no doubt…

Blinking its watery eyes, the slime girl looked at Abby closely before smiling back at her. “Hooman, hooman!” It giggled before flopping on top of the teenager much to her shock. Falling backward onto the rocks as she was pinned, the brunette whined now as she felt the remainder of her dress grow damp and squishy. This was kind of gross…

“B-B-Brook… c-could you p-please tell Goomie to s-stop!” This felt weird! Propping her elbows up on the shore, the little Mermaid pouted as she cupped her cheeks. “Why? She likes you, Abby! She’s just hugging you…” Yeah, against her will!

Whimpering quietly as she was smothered by the blueish blob, a familiar feeling suddenly came back causing the teen to stiffen. ‘O-Oh no…’ Blushing, Abby glanced downward beneath the slimes lucid body before struggling a bit harder. She was slinking into her panties!

“G-Goomie, w-wait! D-Don’t go there!” Nuzzling its face into the brunette the slime creature ignored the older girls words as it continued to sink into her. “Hooman! Hooman foo foo!” Blinking slowly, Brook furrowed her brow as she tried to figure out what her friend had said.

Foo foo was what she usually said when she fed her. So why did she say it now? Looking back at her shrunken guest as she panted loudly, it took a moment but Brook’s eyes quickly widened. “N-NO GOOMIE, SHE’S NOT FOOD!”

Reaching through the slime girl, the blue haired child plucked Abby out of the beastial before pulling her away. Falling forward where the teenager had once been, the slime slowly reformed before looking up at Brook confused. “Foo foo?”

Shaking her head quickly, the blue haired girl scowled. “No, not food! She’s not! Bad Goomie!” Paling as she saw the slime girl slowly beginning to whimper, Brook cringed before moving her hand towards her stomach. “H-Here, take some of mine if you’re hungry. You can’t just take Abby’s Energy like that!”

Pressing her fingers against her navel, the Mermaids hand soon melted into her stomach as she moved it around before pulling the digits back, a small glob of glowing fluids coming out with them. Moving her hand over towards the slime, Brook lowered her hand before depositing her own Energy into her.

Blinking slowly, Goomie’s face slowly shifted from sad to content as she quietly panted. Letting the white glob sink into her, the slime girl quivered before growing a few inches in size. “Foo foo! Thank ou book!”

Nodding tiredly, the Mermaid sighed as she felt fatigue wash over her. The effects of losing Energy were swift, and she was already feeling tired from giving her own to the much smaller Beastial. “You’re welcome. Now, I think it’s time you went back home. Go on, back to your bottle missy!”

Pouting, the little slime creature nodded before looking at the empty glass container next to her. Glancing back to the Mermaid and human, the little slime waved to them both before she began inching forward. As Goomie crawled back inside all the way, Brook tipped the bottle upright before resealing it with a cork.

Patting the glass container, the navy haired girl sighed before looking down at Abby. Still panting, the teenager fidgeted as she felt her aching quim. It was already too late. She felt it starting up again. ‘D-Damn it Eve what did you do to me!’ It was hurting her!

Frowning as she watched her guest in the state she was in now because of what her friend had done to her, Brook lowered her gaze. “I-I’m sorry… I didn’t think Goomie would act like that. She’s usually kind of timid around others! She wouldn’t even go near Eveline when I showed her to her before! P-P-Please don’t tell her… I don’t want Eveline to be angry with me…” Brook whimpered.

Writhing on the younger girls hand, Abby grit her teeth half ignoring the words she heard. She needed relief. Her mind, I-it was screaming at her to stop this pain! Lifting her hand up slowly, Abby tried to stop herself, but, she just couldn’t!

Blinking slowly, Brook’s face scrunched up as she watched the brunette's hand moving down between her legs. “Is something wrong? A piece of Goomie didn’t fall off, did it? It will just melt so you don’t need to worry about returning it to her.” the Mermaid mumbled before her eyes widened.

Blushing faintly as she saw the teenager’s hand press into her crotch as she moaned loudly. Was she doing what she thought she was…? Pressing her fingers into her soaking panties, Abby bit her lip as she tried not to moan. This was wrong… but it just felt so good… the pain, it was leaving when she touched herself!

“D-Do… do you need assistance with something…?” Snapping her eyes open, Abby looked back up at Brook before blushing furiously. She was on the younger girl’s hand touching herself! Attempting to pull her hand away, the uncomfortable feeling from before returned forcing the teen to continue her depraved act.

She couldn’t stop this once it took hold… she had to finish what was started. Shivering as different images popped up in her mind, Abby tried to shake them away… but, she couldn’t. ‘W-What are these…?’ It was like her mind was hijacked again… but, one thing was coming up more and more.

Staring up at the Mermaid as she was watched carefully, Abby licked her lips as she tried to prepare herself. She couldn’t believe she was about to do this… but, something inside her head was telling her to do it. And the pain was coming back every time she resisted!

“B-B-Brook… I-I need you… P-Please, h-help me…” She whimpered before flipping the scorched part of her dress up to reveal her parted panties. Shuddering, the little Mermaid stared down between the little human’s legs as she felt her tail quivering.

“Y-Y-You n-need me…?” Nodding slowly, Abby hissed as she touched her exposed lips gently. They were so sensitive! “Y-Yes… P-Please, h-h-help!” She needed this feeling to pass! She couldn’t stand it! And her mind wouldn’t shut up either! She needed Brooks help, whether she wanted it or not…

‘S-She needs me…’ She was needed... Blushing, Brook continued to stare down at her guest before she quietly nodded. “O-Ok… W-What do you want me to do…?” She had never catered to a human before. This was a new and strange experience for her…

Crying softly as she pressed her fingers into her quim again, Abby clenched her teeth as she spread her lower lips apart. “A-Anything… p-please, j-just help me… I-It’s hot… a-and it burns…” She stuttered out. She needed relief now!

Blinking slowly, Brook furrowed her brow before lifting her hands up towards her face. Nodding Thankfully, Abby slumped into the child’s hands as she let her do whatever it was she wanted. She was hers to do with as she pleased… She just needed it to stop!

Mulling over the smaller girl's words, Brook nodded to herself before opening her mouth as wide as she could. Looking up with glazed eyes, Abby shuddered as she watched what was happening. She didn’t know what was going on… but, she hardly did any more with these girls…

Pushing the teenager into her mouth, Brook closed her lips around her so only the smaller girl's head was sticking out. She said her body was hot, so, she just had to cool her off! Shivering as she felt the younger girls humid breath wash over her, the shrunken teen was soon surprised as she felt her body slowly beginning to float off the Mermaids tongue.

Moving her hands around, the brunette wiggled her fingers as she felt them moving sluggishly. She was underwater… Glancing up at Brook confused as her body was submerged, a strange feeling soon took hold of her causing the smaller girl to groan.

The water inside her mouth, i-it was getting c-c-cold… What was she doing? Swishing her cheeks around as she changed the temperature of her mouth, Brook glanced down at Abby as she watched her closely. She had liquefied her mouth so she could bathe Abby in cold water. This would cool her off, right?

Feeling her teeth chattering as her skin grew goosebumps, the teenager clenched her eyes as she felt the pain from before… surprisingly leaving her now. What was going on? Touching her neither lips, the brunette shivered from the strange feeling. It felt odd, but… pleasant somehow. It wasn’t like an aching fire she needed to put out. More like a gentle warmth instead.

As her fingers gently pressed against her cold skin, Abby moaned softly. It was warming her up. It felt, nice… Smiling gently as she heard the quiet moans Brook Hummed softly as she tried to gently lull the shrunken girl with her voice.

Having its intended effect on her, Abby smiled in relaxation now as she let the pleasure flowing through her. Her whole body, it felt great! The sensations this time around were anything but unpleasant in fact… even if it was another girl giving them to her.

Moaning quietly, Abby tried not to focus on that fact as she continued to massage her needy lower lips. As this continued for a few minutes, Brooks gentle tone began to cut out before dying away entirely much to the older girls confusion. Staring back up at the Mermaid, Abby grew worried. Was this bothering her?

Blushing faintly as a strange taste entered her mouth, Brook closed her eyes as she tasted it. It had caught her off guard, but, it was very sweet. It tasted, kind of like Essence… was this Abby’s? Solidifying her tongue, the younger girl waved it around inside her mouth before a quiet mew escaped her closed lips.

It was Energy! It tasted so strong! It was potent and full of life! Was this what Human’s had? She had never had any given to her from a Human before. It tasted so good! Shivering in her pool as she wiggled her tongue around, the Mermaids pink appendage soon were guided…

Blinking in surprise, Brook glanced down in surprise as she felt the shrunken human she was savoring pulling her tongue… between her legs… Blushing profusely, Abby averted her eyes as she pressed her hips against the younger girl’s organ.

“P-Please… Please…” She didn’t know what else to say. This wasn’t a need anymore… she just wanted it. Blushing silently, Brook wondered if it was alright or not… but, the look she was being given made her make up her mind. Abby still needed her…

Pushing her tongue into the smaller girl, Brook closed her eyes before humming once more, her slithering appendage working on reliving her smaller companion as best she could. Sighing in relief, the teenager moaned happily as she felt the cold warmth mixing together around her. This felt wonderful…

Grinding into the Mermaid, Abby panted softly as her body was bathed. While the relief the pleasure brought was one thing, the aches that hadn’t left her yet were leaving to! This really was amazing. She felt like her whole body was being healed by such a simple action. Mermaids were truly marvelous creatures.

Pushing her tongue against the brunette’s crotch as she tasted the sweet nectar she was being given, Brook soon scowled. Her tongue was too big to fit inside. But, she wanted more! Letting her tongue melt back into the water, the little Mermaid grinned now as she pushed it forward, its watery form now more than accommodating for the much smaller girls neither lips.

Crying out in surprise as she felt her fold pushed aside, Abby moaned louder as she felt something pushing its way inside her. ‘C-C-Cold!’ It was frigid! B-But, it felt great! Thrashing in ecstasy from the intruding tendril of water, the miniature girl panted in bliss.

Hitting a barrier of some sort, however, Brook paused again before gently pressing on it. Did she hit the end of the line already? Pouting, the navy haired girl withdrew her tongue before gently lapping at what she could. She had hoped to really get in there to drink up her Energy, but there was something stopping her. She’d have to ask Eveline or Najia about it later though.

Right now, she had to cater to her guest. She needed her! Feeling the water harden around her waist, Abby screamed in surprise before wailing. I-I-It was ice now! She froze the water! Letting out short, frigid gasps, the teenager trembled as she was pinned in place and repeatedly pleasured.

This was heaven and hell! The cold before was fighting against her heat, but now it was winning! Shuddering as she continued to buck in the water, the little human whimpered as she shook her head. She felt it coming.

“B-B-Brook, I-I-I… I-I’m c-c-close…” She stuttered out horribly as her teeth chattered with each word. Nodding her head as she continued to invade the smaller girl's quim, the Mermaid tried something new which, seemed to have the intended effect.

Freezing the water already inside her, the ice within her fold soon hardened causing the shrunken girl to wail. That was it! Screaming as she felt her orgasm flood out of her, Abby thrashed wildly in the Mermaids mouth as her submerged body sluggishly spasmed.

After about thirty seconds of this, the teenager’s voice died off till just a vaguely audible groan could be heard. Lying limply in place, Abby’s eyes fluttered closed as she bathed in relief. The heat, it was leaving her. She felt, peace…

“T-T-Thank, y-y-you…” After collecting all the Essence she could still taste, the little Mermaid nodded as she drained the water in her mouth away. Parting her lips, the navy haired girl opened her mouth before pulling the exhausted girl out of it.

“You’re welcome! Do you feel better now? I know I’m a girl and all and you said you don’t like girls, but it felt good right?” She had no qualms with what she did. Hopefully neither did Abby. Lying on the younger girl's hands as she heard her voice faintly, the brunette was mute.

 

It did feel good, and if she was perfectly honest with herself, she didn’t mind. She never did... No matter how much she wanted to deny it… She didn’t like it…

 

She loved it…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“A-A-Are you sure you feel better now?”

 

“D-Do you need me to do anything else?!”

 

“Please, tell me if you need anything! Anything at all!”

 

 

Scratching the back of her head sheepishly, Abby shook her head before sighing. “I-Its fine Brook, I feel great. You did a wonderful job on me, you really did.” Looking down at her legs, the smaller girl smiled as she wiggled her toes. She could feel them now, they felt, perfect.

The skin tone was still off, but she’d get used to it. Brook truly was amazing. Her gifts were just remarkable to comprehend, and she had a gut feeling even she didn’t know to what extent her powers could ever truly be used.

Pouting as she stared her guest down, Brook whimpered before nodding. “Ok… I’ll call Eveline now. B-But, d-do you think you can come by and see me again? I really like talking with you, Abby!” Looking up at Brook’s towering face just inches from her own, the older girl sighed. She’d have to get used to this sooner r later…

“I promise Brook. B-But, c-can you promise me something to?” Pulling back a bit, the navy haired Mermaid nodded happily as she stared the human down. “Anything!” Nodding, Abby sighed before shaking her head.

“Please, whatever you do… don’t tell Eve what we did. O-Or that I… that I enjoyed it…” The last thing she wanted was to let the little Vampiress win. Not after she did this to her. Turning her head confused, Brook puffed out her cheeks a bit before huffing.

“You’ll have to be true to your feelings sooner or later you know. How else will you be a good mate for Eveline?”

“I’m not her mate!”

“Yet!”

Cupping her face, Aby groaned before shaking her head. She didn’t want to bring this conversation up again! “JUST PROMISE ME OK!” Giggling, Brook nodded before drawing a cross on her chest. “Fine, I promise! Well... I’ll call Eveline I guess…”

Nodding, Abby watched silently as she saw Brook moving around in the water. Looking around for the right spot, the little Mermaid nodded before cupping her mouth. As her lips parted, Brook’s voice slowly vibrated before increasing in volume and eventually encompassing the entire caverns.

Looking on in surprise, as she heard the loud crying noise the Mermaid made, the teenager hummed. She must have been looking for the loudest point in the caverns. Her voice was echoing louder than before.

After about thirty seconds of her loud call, Brook sighed as she caught her breath. It was hard for her to make that sound. She much preferred to sing instead. But, her voice couldn’t reach her in any other frequency than that one.

Looking at Brook as seconds ticked by, Abby soon grew confused. “Did you call her…?” Nodding quietly, the younger girl grinned before pointing towards the entrance of her caverns. “Uh huh! Just watch, she’s going to do it again, I just know it!”

Raising her brow, the smaller girl watched with anticipation for… something to happen. What was she expecting? Feeling the wind in the room suddenly pick up, Abby’s eyes hardened as she understood now what Brook had meant. She knew this feeling, she had felt it before after all.

Flying into the room rapidly, a gale of wind rippled the waters around both girls before it began to retreat. Landing with a gentle step on the stones, her shoes making not so much as a sound in the process, Eve smiled silently as she looked around. She had been waiting for her friends call for hours, and she was beginning to grow worried.

Hearing a loud clapping noise beside her, however, the blonde glanced to her side before sighing. “Knock it off Brook… That was amusing the first few times but must you do it every time I come here?” Ignoring her words as she clapped even louder, Brook smiled giddily as she bobbed in the water.

“Bravo! Bravo! Do it again, pretty please!” She loved watching her friend fly into the room out of thin air! She was so jealous sometimes! Stepping over towards the younger girl, the Vampire’s scarlet eyes locked onto Abby as a warm smile graced her lips.

“It’s good to see you again my amore. I’m glad you’re well now, you had me quite worried with how loud you were screaming before.” Blushing faintly from her words, Abby nodded before glancing down at her legs. “B-Brook did a great job patching me up. I-I don’t even think my Master could have done it better himself.”

Resting her hands on her scaled hips, the navy haired girl puffed out her chest proudly as she drank in the brunette's words. “Yep, yep! I washed her up good! What do you think?” Chuckling, Eve shook her head before kneeling down over Abby.

“Brook is a miracle worker with things such as this. I’m honored to call her my friend. As I see you do to now as well.” Smiling softly, Abby nodded. She was right. It might have only been a day she had been with the Mermaid but she loved every minute of it… while some, more than others…

Cupping her mouth in joy, tears welled up in Brooks' eyes now as she tried not to cry. “T-T-Thank you, Eveline!” She was elated to hear that from the Vampire! Glancing back to her friend, Eve nodded before a grin broke out over her lips.

“I believe I owe you a debt Brook, consider this repayment for the favor I asked of you.” Blinking quietly, Brook turned her head to the side confused before eeping as she felt a hand placed on the back of her head. Pulling the younger girl out of the water, the blonde chuckled as she lowered her face to hers.

Watching in shock, Abby cupped her mouth now in disbelief as saw the strange sight. Caught completely off guard by the act, Brook flailed in the air for a moment as her eyes widened. Pressing her lips into the Mermaids, Eve was mute as she kept her crimson eyes locked onto the child’s jade ones.

As her movements died down, the navy haired girl grew limp before completely motionless as Eve kept her locked in place with her hand. Forcing her tongue into the younger girl’s mouth, the Vampiress began feeding her what she wanted as she gave Brook her gift of sorts. She had earned it, and more…

After about a minute of this, Eve eventually withdrew her tongue before pulling her head away. Releasing her grip on Brook, the Mermaid fell back into the water before lying on her back, her breath coming out ragged as she tried to catch it. That was amazing…

Licking her lips clean, Eve wiped her mouth dry on her sleeve before chuckling as she saw her friend panting in the water. “Pull yourself together… you look like a fish out of water when you do that.” She smirked.

Cradling her stomach, Brook shivered as she felt it… felt all of it. “S-S-So much… s-so much Energy! H-H-How!?” She had fed her so much! She had never felt this full before, it was like she was going to burst open! Tucking part of her blonde hair back past her ear, the Vampire smirked before tapping the tip of her nose.

“You needn’t worry about how I did it. Just enjoy, you’ve earned it. That should feed both you, and your… little friend, for a long, long time.” She chuckled. Righting herself in the water, Brook gazed up at Eve lovingly before she began to sniffle. “T-T-Thank you… t-thank you so much!” It was more than generous!

Shifting her vision away from the Mermaid, Eve looked down at Abby now before lowering her hand towards the confused girl. “I’ll explain it later, don’t worry. I didn’t *cheat* on you.” She snickered earning a bright blush in return from the shrunken girl.

“S-S-Shut up! T-That’s not what I was staring at!”

“You’re a bad liar you know~.”

“A-And you’re a depraved nightwalker!”

Standing back up once her companion was on her hand, Eve made no attempt to defend herself. Why should she? Turning back towards Brook, the older girl waved to the Mermaid before turning to leave. “Thanks again Brook, I can’t express to you how much it means to me that you’ve helped her. I hope that small token I gave you will be enough for now.”

Nodding furiously, Brook waved to them both before giggling. “There’s no need to thank me! I know how much you care for your Mate…” She grinned.

 

“S-She’s not my Mate…

“SHE’S NOT MY MATE!”

 

Blinking, both Eve and Abby stared back at once another before a blush dusted their cheeks. Had that been simultaneous?! Hearing a loud sniggering noise, both girls looked back at Brook as the little Mermaid cupped her mouth trying her hardest not to laugh.

Darkening, the wind picked up around Eve before she vanished. She didn’t even want to respond…

 

Sometimes she hated that Mermaid…

 

 

Waving her hand in the air as both girls vanished from sight, Brook laughed happily as her echoes filled the caverns around her. Abby was going to be a great addition to their group. An addition they desperately needed.

Life was going to get interesting now that she was here. And she was eager to see what this Human would do for them all…

 

 

 

To be continued.

End Notes:

 

And with that, we change perspectives. Whats going to hapen now :D

I know, do you?

 

Tell me what you think XD

 

I'll see you all later. hopefully not a few weeks from now... sorry about that again. I hope that didn't make anyone angry...

 

See you soon~

Lover's, Quarrel by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

"Sighs"

 

Tired ~_~

 

Welcome back people, I'm glad to be back here now to. I wanted to post this last week but I just couldn't find the time, especially since I was not the only one working on it. This chapter, is heavily influinced by Franchise Writer, so please give him a nod as I have. He made this chapter, probably the best one I've ever written.

I had so much fun with it, and we spent hours going back and forth on certain scenes, it just made me laugh so much. XD

I hope you all get to enjoy it as much as we did to write it so please tell me how you feel afterward. I always use Reviews to tell how my story is going and when I don't get very many it makes me think people don't appreciate the chapter or I'm doing something wrong.

I know this isn't the case but its still hard to deal with when I put so much effort into my work. Hopefully I get some decent reviews, I really do want to know what you all think or what you hope to see or even what I should try to change. All input is welcomed.

 

But, speech aside, please enjoy this chapter. I know I did. :3

 

 

 

Walking in relative silence, both Eve and Abby were mute as dark blushes dusted their cheeks individually. Brook had made their departure a lot more awkward than it needed to be…

Resting her chin on top of her arms as she held her knee's against her, the teenager sighed quietly before glancing to the little vampire. After vanishing from the Mermaids caverns, the blonde had taken them back to the Commons, she figured, before walking in a general direction. She wasn't sure where they were headed at the moment though.

‘Well… Anything to break this silence might be good.’ Opening her mouth to speak, Abby was swiftly silenced once more as the child's lips parted before her own. "We're going back to Kari's infirmary. That is where you need to be after all." She muttered quietly before shifting her crimson eyes towards the startled human.

"Y-You're still in my head… aren't you?" Nodding solemnly, Eve closed her eyes but continued to walk none the less. "As long as I have your blood inside me, the bond we formed will be in place. Our minds are linked, our bodies as well. If you need to tell me something, or I you…" ‘Then just think it to me, and we can commune this way if need be.'

Jumping in surprise, Abby shivered as she heard the blonde's voice in her head. So it was true. She had thought she heard her voice in her mind once before, no, more than once. It had been Eve all along. Pushing her legs away from her so she could sit up, Abby looked to the Vampire before scowling.

"S-So, you warmed me that Ebon was coming when she did, right?" Nodding once again, the blonde was silent as her eyes opened back up. "I saw her rushing past here in a hurry. She looked angry… very angry. I needed to make sure your, protectors, knew about it before it was too late. But… I failed in that regard…" She whispered bitterly.

Clenching her fists angrily, Abby scowled at the younger girl before shaking her head. "If you knew she was headed to Kari's cave why didn't you just head there yourself? You're faster than she is, much faster. I didn't even blink and we left Brook's cave in a second!" She snapped.

Glaring back down at Abby, the Vampire huffed as she quickened her pace. "I gave you a way to contact me, Abby. You needed to call me or else I couldn't come. Don't put this blame on me for your ineptitude!" She sneered.

Standing up now, the brunette growled as both girls scowled back at one another. "You could have-" "I couldn't do a thing, you insolent girl!" Eve snapped startling Abby thoroughly. This is the first time the blonde had used that tone with her… she didn't like it…

Fuming silently, Eve closed her eyes before taking a deep breath to calm herself. "Abby… I can't just go into someone else's domain unless I'm invited. That's how Vampires work. I couldn't come and save you until I was called…" She whispered sadly.

Blinking in surprise, the teenager frowned as she tried to process that bit of information. "V-Vampires can't just go wherever they want? They need to be… invited or something?" Nodding begrudgingly, Eve sighed before coming to a standstill.

"My race is one of fickle creatures. We have powers unworldly, and abilities other Hominal and even humans could only wish they possessed. But, for such powers, we must have drawbacks as well. There are certain things that affect us so, the main one being any and all things holy. We can't encroach on sacred ground." She muttered sadly before shaking her head.

Frowning, the shrunken girl nodded as she thought about it. It made sense in a way. Vampires were supposedly undead creatures. Churches had been a safe haven against all manner of beings undead for centuries. Ghouls, Geist, Spirits… and, Vampires did fall under such a category, didn't they?

"I-I can understand the concept… but, what does Kari's domain have to do with religion? She's a Witch, why would her cave be holy ground?" That didn't make sense to her. Sighing, the regal blonde shook her head before gazing back down at her smaller passenger.

"I wouldn't expect you to make the connection; I for one didn't either until I was forced to face the painful repercussions…" She whispered bitterly before shivering. "A person's personal space is theirs. It's the place they can go to calm down, to relax, and to recuperate. It's their shelter, their safe haven… their holy place. To each their own, their homes, rooms, establishments, any form of structure they find peace in… is their sacred ground. It's holy to them, and so, we Vampire cannot enter it without first being welcomed. I cannot go into Kari's caverns as much as I could Casey's or even Nya's. It's the rules that we, the forsaken ones of life, must abide by." She finished quietly before sighing.

Mulling over the long explanation of the rules of undeath, Abby was solemn now. That was something she was completely unaware of. ‘P-People's homes were sacred?' It was an odd thought. She thought only things like Churches could be sacred, but the way Eve perceived it made her think otherwise.

Mulling over the younger girls words, Abby's eyes widened before she looked to Eve for clarity. "S-So, if that's true then how come you could enter Brook's cave without her inviting you? Shouldn't you have been stopped or something like you said?"

Smiling coyly now, Eve chuckled mirthfully before moving her free hand over Abby's head as she gently tapped her. "The relationship me and Brook share is a strong one. I've known her since she first came to live with us, and she has made it more than clear that I am always welcome in her chambers, no matter where they might be. The rules can be bent, but you need to know how far they can go before they break." She smirked.

Pouting as she was petted, Abby nodded before they continued their walk. This was insightful, and it shed some interesting light onto Eve's species. Though, it brought up a couple new ones as well. Glancing back up at the blonde, the smaller girl soon thought about her question before receiving the reaction she expected.

Pausing mid-step, Eve's eyes narrowed as she directed her attention back to Abby now. "You said you died once… was it because you didn't follow these rules or something?" Breathing deeply, the blonde was silent now as her crimson eyes locked with the shrunken girls teal ones.

"I'll tell you about my death… another time. We need to get back to the others now. There will be a lot of questions asked… and I don't care to repeat myself. It's tiresome…" She muttered indifferently. She didn't even try to dodge her question… she simply rejected it.

 

Continuing down the dark corridors, Abby was sullen now as she sat in silence. She wanted to know more about Eve… but, it didn't seem like she was ready to open up to her…

 

She'd just have to be patient… and maybe have faith in her like she should have to begin with…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Coming to a long corridor with light shining down faintly from the ceiling, both girls stared upwards at the fluorescent fungi that littered the cave. They were most certainly back in Kari's domain now. Stepping towards a large archway, Eve paused before looking at the entrance way.

"Abby… May I enter this dwelling?" Blinking, the teen paused as well before looking up at her guardian confused. "W-Why are you asking me that?" Smirking, Eve chuckled amusedly before shaking her head. "This cave is your home now Abby. You were brought here, nurtured back to health. You rest in these very walls and have been given shelter by their owner. They are as much yours as they are hers. So I ask again… May I Enter freely of your own will?"

Mulling over the child's words, Abby nodded quietly. She didn't think about it that way. There really was a lot of ways Eve could get around her little problem. ‘I-I guess that's how you came in the first time… When I called you, right?' Watching a smirk grace the younger girl's lips, the brunette nodded.

Taking a step forward past the archway, Eve's eyes darted back and forth before she smiled coyly. "If only it were this easy all the time. Oh well…" Walking into the caverns, Abby drank in their visage before smiling. They were just as beautiful as she remembered… though; the room wasn't exactly the same as before.

The large workstation Kari had made was broken in half. Splinters and glass were scattered around, and rocks were broken from the walls. It looked like a war zone in here, not a place to treat people… ‘It was one though…'

Lowering her eyes in sadness, a feeling of warmth surrounded the teen causing a smile to form on her lips. Gently stroking Abby's back, Eve was solemn as well as she saw the upheaval that was caused the last time she was here.

She had hoped the little Witch would have tidied her manor better, but, she no doubt had other matters to contend with. Walking towards the middle of the room where the tunnels around it separated, Eve's crimson eyes scanned each of them.

"Kari, I've returned. Abby's safe, and she's with me now. Come!" Whispering her words, the Vampiress closed her eyes before raising her hand in the air. Watching in confusion as the younger girl stiffened, the brunette's eyes widened now as the wind around them picked up before flying in a gust away from her.

Snapping her eyes open, Eve's hand thrust forward before the wind shot down each of the corridors before all was silent once again. Looking up at the blonde confused, Abby was about to ask what that had all been about before hearing a pattering noise coming from the tunnel to the right of them.

Running into the main chamber that made up her cave, Kari was wide-eyed and breathless as she panted softly. "ABBY!" Looking to the dirty blonde as she ran over to her, the little brunette smiled before crying out in surprise as she was grabbed right off of the Vampire's hand.

Clenching the shrunken teen in both hands, tears streamed down the little Witch's cheeks as she looked down at the smaller girl in disbelief. Scanning her from head to toe, and eventually resting on her new legs, Kari whimpered louder before hugging the startled girl into her chest.

"A-Abby… I was so worried!" She hissed, her breath raspy and dry as she tried to control herself. She had been so scared! Blushing heavily from the franticness of the toddler, a sad smile fell over the brunette before she hugged the younger girl back.

"It's fine Kari, I'm fine. See?" Sniffling as she watched the shrunken human flexing her pale leg, Kari whimpered louder before shaking her head. "I-It's not fine! Y-You almost died… I-I-I'm so s-sorry…" She sputtered before crying even harder.

"No, it isn't fine… but you can't change the past, or, the decisions leading up to such a point. Stop dwelling on such things, Kari. It will benefit you not." Stiffening as she felt a hand resting on her shoulder, the little Witch looked up before paling.

Gulping, the younger girl shivered in fear as she looked up at Eve in terror. "E-E-Eveline…" Ignoring the reaction she had come to accept from some of the other residents of their caverns, Eve sighed before looking down at Abby.

"Her legs have been healed as I promised. She's fine now, so don't whine. It's pointless." She muttered quietly before crossing her arms. Shuddering, Kari looked down before nodding slowly. Her legs did look healed. There weren't any scars or anything!

"H-How…. How did you do it?" This was amazing! Tucking a lock of her blonde hair behind her ear, a fidget of sorts she found herself doing with her bangs, the older girl smirked slyly. "It wasn't anything I did, the power to repair tissue decay isn't something I could have done. You have Brook to thank for that." She muttered reverently.

Looking up at the older Hominal with wide eyes, Kari nodded quickly. "S-She can do that?! B-But, how does she know how to do that! What else can she do! C-Can she heal Najia like she did Abby!" Sighing from the franticness in the younger girl's voice, Eve grew silent before directing her attention towards the brunette.

"Regretfully no. If she could have, I would have brought her to her the moment she returned home. Brook can heal burns quite easily because of her natural affinity towards water. A knife, sword, or spear wound, however, would be more in my domain. But, even with that, she took far too many hits… and amongst other toxicities in her blood…" Eve spat darkly.

Gasping in surprise, Kari shivered before shaking her head. "H-H-How do you know about her b-blood poisoning?" She stuttered out in shock. Only she and Abby knew about it! Crossing her arms, the little Vampire sighed once more, this time out of irritation before shaking her head.

"I'll keep that to myself… But we're getting off topic. Abby is the one we should be focusing on, not Najia." She berated. Blinking slowly, Kari jumped before looking back down at the teenager, the brunette sitting in amusement as she watched both girls interacting. This had been the first time she had ever seen their personalities mix. It seemed Kari's frantic curiosity was as strong as ever… even if she did seem afraid of the vampire.

Stepping past the little blonde as she observed the destroyed caverns, Eve was silent for but a moment as her eyes scanned the wreckage. "You'll need to gather more materials now, won't you? Ebon destroyed a lot of your medicinal supplies when she came through here. This can be rectified but we'll need to-"

Pausing mid-word, Eve's eyes hardened before she stepped to the side… right as a shadow shot out of the ground aiming to impale her. Turning their heads, both Kari and Eve looked down the tunnel the Witch had come from as they saw a lone figure limping forward.

"F-Fuck off, you bitch. A-And leave Abby alone!" Moving to the edge of Kari's fingers, Abby stared forward as her eyes lit up. "Casey?!" Was she alright?! Staggering forward slowly, the redhead came into view as she cradled her bandaged arm, a sling hanging over her shoulder as kept it in place. She looked horrible! Her dress was torn up, her eye was swollen, and she looked just plain battered!

Looking over towards the shrunken girl and her friend, the Dullahan smiled weakly to them before glaring at the Vampire across from them. "W-We don't need you here, get out!" She barked angrily as she made her way closer to them.

Locking her fingers behind her back as she ignored the foul language directed at her, Eve smiled quietly as she stood in place. "No, I don't think I will. I'm right where I need to be. Though, you look to be on the verge of passing out. Shouldn't you be resting or something? What do you think good doctor?" The blonde chided before looking over to Kari.

Fidgeting, the little Witch licked her lips before looking at both girls. "S-She's right Casey, you shouldn't be up and about just yet! You took a really hard-"Shut up!" Eeping, Kari pursed her lips silencing herself as she shrunk away.

Stepping between both of the blondes, Casey growled audibly as her shadow rose up around her. "I'd be damned If I let ya take Abby again. It ain't happening! She ain't yer food or yer property!" She snarled. Chuckling softly, a dark smile spread across Eve's lips as she matched the older girls glare with her own.  "To be perfectly honest, you couldn't stop me even if you wanted to." Stiffening, Casey trembled in anger as she felt the confidence behind the little Vampire's words. It was pissing her off…

"If I so wished it, I could take Abby right out of Kari's hands, whisk her away to my chambers, and do anything I pleased with her. And not you or your friend could hope to do anything to stop me." She chirped jauntily.

Grinning viciously as she saw the redhead's shadow spasming around her, Eve continued. "You can play the guardian, or as I see it, the lovelorn Dullahan… but you're all bark and no bite. I, however… can back up my words with my actions... So don't piss me off, kid." She snapped, her cheerful demeanor dropping instantly startling all present by the instant change in her tone.

"You are the sole reason Abby was put in harm's way. If not for you, I wouldn't have had to intervene to save her…" Eve muttered darkly as she glared back at the Dullahan with animosity in her eyes. Gawking, Casey snarled as her shadow hardened into points before all facing towards the direction of the Vampire in unison.

"THE HELL IT WAS! YOU FUCKING TOOK HER FROM ME YOU BITCH! YER THE DAMNED CUNT WHO STOLE HER!" Matching her glare, Eve crossed her arms before shaking her head. "I had my familiars escort our dear guest to me so we could have a little chat. After which I escorted her back here personally, where she met with Kari and everything worked out how it should have. You, however… went on a bloody rampage and walked straight into Ebon's den. You of all people should know that her sense of smell is the strongest out of all of us Hominal. If you weren't too busy molesting the poor girl then maybe her scent wouldn't have been imprinted onto you… but, no. It's your fault these calamities have befallen you and in turn your friend. Not mine. It's your fault that this trauma was struck to my precious Abby." She snapped, her tone hard and accusatory. She wasn't about to take the blame for the headless girl's asinine actions.

"YOU'RE ABBY?! SHE AIN'T YOURS YOU BITCH!" Casey shrieked as her shadow shot forward. Turning a few inches to the side as she sidestepped each of the metallic spears of blackened mass, the Vampiress couldn't help but smile now. That was what she got from her explanation? How childish…

"Did I stutter? No, I don't believe I did. She's mine Casey, not yours. Finders keepers~." She cooed. Blushing heavily as the argument shifted towards her now, Abby shivered as she saw Casey foaming at the mouth. This wasn't going to end well… How did it even become about her?!

Pulling her shadow back as it reformed, the redhead reached into it before it hardened again, this time taking the form of a large black sickle. When did she learn how to do that?! Pointing the scythe towards the blonde, Casey growled loudly as she flipped her makeshift weapon over.

"She ain't someone's property! Ya can't have her!" Casey shrieked before lunging forward. Grinning widely, Eve's hand rose up as she chose not to move at all. Clenching the hardened blade of blackness as it landed right on her, the younger girl chuckled before shaking her head.

"Don't lie to yourself. You're as open to me as a page from a children's novel… You're just jealous.... You couldn't tell our resident human that you liked her as I have. And now, you're mad that she's spent her time with me… and not you." She laughed before yanking the shadow forward taking Casey with it. Coming face to face with one another as a bright shade of red overtook Casey's face, Eve's grin broadened as she moved her finger in front of the older girls forehead.

"Admit it… you want her to… but you just, couldn't, say it!" Giving the redhead a flick, Casey screamed angrily before lashing out, her shadow slashing towards the blonde but she just couldn't hit her! Dancing around in a cheerful way, Eve laughed jovially as she fluttered backward with the wind right as all the spears of black stabbed into the ground where she had been prior.

"YOU CAN'T HAVE HER! I WON'T LET YA TAKE HER!" Sighing as she turned her head to avoid another stab at her, Eve shrugged her shoulders before walking forward once again. "It's better to let someone think you're moronic rather than open your mouth and prove it to them… I already told you… she's mine! And nothing you say can change it." She chirped before walking right past the enraged redhead.

Shivering as she shook in anger, Casey's eyes hardened before she looked over her shoulder towards the retreating girl. "And what would she want with a wee Lil munchkin cold-blood such as yerself!" Pausing mid-step, Eve's brow twitched before she turned her head back. "I'm sorry, did you say something?  Forgive me; I'm not one to lose my head… because if that was your attempt to provoke me, you're even more foolish then I was lead to believe." She chided quietly.

Smirking darkly, Casey's shadow fell as she turned to meet Eve head on now. She wasn't going to win a fight… but she'd be damned not to lose an argument! "Ya heard me ya pint-sized stiff! Abby ain't the type of girl to go rompin with tots, let alone ah corpse! She wouldn't even give ya the time of day if ya hadn't nabbed her from me!"

Stepping in front of Casey, the redhead being about a foot taller than her in comparison, Eve was silent now as she sized her up. "And you suppose a ragdoll like yourself is better suited for her affections? How naive. A hand-me-down is still a hand-me-down, even if you dress it up in those atrocious linens you call clothes." She scoffed.

Crossing her arms, Casey smirked as she pushed her chest forward. "Keep yer eyes up here. I know ya don't have a pair of these yet but it's rude to stare. Don't worry, I'm sure ya'll get some eventually… oh, wait, no, ya won't…" She grinned viciously.

Clenching her fists at her sides, Eve took a deep breath as she tried to calm herself. That had been a low blow, one she hated to think about. "I'll stick with mine if the alternative is whatever you call those... But My Abby doesn't care about such things. She likes class, I've noticed how she hangs onto my every word~. You, on the other hand, couldn't keep her stimulated even if she were intoxicated. You have about as much sophistication, as a lesser Beastial…" She goaded.

Sneering, Casey lowered her head before a cruel smile fell over her lips. "Yer talkin with blanks, ya ain't going to get any better now than ya ever were. I guess some beings don't age as well as others. Abby doesn't want to look after ya or kiss yer boo-boo's and tuck ya in at night. She's a big girl, unlike yerself."

Feeling the wind around her pick up as it began to lash out, Casey grinned. She was hoping for a reaction like this. Grinding her teeth as her fangs dug into her gums, Eve glared up at the older girl before smiling darkly. She wasn't going to be baited like this.

"It's kind of sad watching you attempt to fit your entire vocabulary into a single sentence, fufufu~. You're immature-" "And yer a toddler." "You're foul-mouthed-" "And you're a walking verbose. Bor-ing~" "L-Loud and brash-" "Snotty and uptight!" "RUDE AND DISGUSTING!" "DEAD AND DECAYING!"

 

"YOU, ARE THE MOST INFURIATING BEING I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED!"

"AND YOU, ARE THE MOST ANAL BLOOD SUCKER I'VE EVER SEEN!"

"BRAINLESS HICK!"

"UPPERCLASS BITCH!"

"LIVING DETRITUS!"

"ROTTIN CUNT!"

"YOU'RE A REPULSIVE, USELESS, ABHORRENT CHILD!"

"REPULSIVE?! REMIND ME, WHICH ONE OF US IS THE WALKING CADAVER!"

 

Coughing in pain, Casey let out a throaty pule as her face was clenched between the blonde's fingers. Raising her foot upwards, Eve slammed the sole of her heel into the redheads gut launching her body away and into the far wall embedding it in. Fuming hysterically, Eve's eyes glowed a bloody red as she snarled in rage.

Clenching her fingers tighter around the crying girls face, the Vampiress hissed as she bared her fangs. She was pissed! She wanted to snap this piece of trash in half! She wanted to shred her to pieces! She wanted to crack her skull like glass in her hand-

 

"EVE!"

 

Feeling her breath hitch, the glow behind the vampire's eyes began to fade as she heard the angry cry behind her. Keeping her fingers clenched around the grunting redheads head, the blonde looked over her shoulder she saw Kari cowering on the floor in sheer terror.

Standing up angrily on her palm, however, Abby was blushing furiously, and glaring up at her. "PUT CASEY DOWN THIS INSTANT!" Silence permitted the room now as both girls stared at one another. Fuming in silent hatred, Eve's hardened eyes eventually gave way before she closed them.

Letting her fingers loosen, the younger girl dropped the Dullahan's head on the ground before turning away. "A-A-As you wish… Abby." She had lost it… her composure. She had been baited. Crawling off the wall in pain, Casey panted on the ground as blood dribbled past her lips.

Staggering over towards her head, her body fell a few times before eventually getting to it. "Y-Y-Ya call me brash, but yer insane! I won't let ya take her… s-she's not yers!" Casey spat as she cradled her head painfully.

"CASEY, KNOCK IT OFF!" Blinking slowly, the redhead guided her blurry vision upwards before looking over at Abby and Kari. "W-What…?" "Knock it off! Stop harassing Eve!" Gawking, the younger girl was about to speak again before Abby butted in.

"THAT'S ENOUGH!"

Falling mute, the whole room went silent as all eyes turned to the shrunken human as she glared at both girls equally. "Stop acting like little children! This is neither the time nor the place! Don't pick a fight with Eve Casey, she isn't using me as food, or abducting me! And Eve, cut it out! You can't just swing at someone because you're angry! Don't antagonize Casey back just because she does it to you!"

Lowering their heads, both the blonde and redhead shifted their gaze as they were berated. It didn't feel good to be called out by a human of only three inches in stature. Looking back and forth at each of them as they said nothing, the brunette nodded before crossing her arms.

"Look, I don't care if you girls have some kind of a feud going on, but right now, this is not the time or place for such petty squabbles! Have you forgotten why I'm even here?" She snapped causing all eyes to widen, if only slightly for some.

Turning towards the unconscious Kitsune in the room, their anger, both silent and nonverbal died off. She was right after all. Gently clutching the Witch's finger as Kari continued to whimper, Abby looked away from Najia as she shifted her vision over to the blonde Vampire to the side of her.

"Eve, It's time you start explaining yourself. There are some things that need to be addressed… and now's as good a time as any." She had questions. They had questions. Until one side gave, none of these girls would be able to cooperate. She needed to be the voice of reason… even if it wasn't her place to get involved in the first place…

Crossing her arms, the regal blonde nodded as her eyes shifted away from the Human. She couldn't meet them after her sudden outburst and reaction… it was humiliating, to say the least. "You're right… it's not. So let's get on with this then… Regardless of our, prior, introductions… we've all gathered here for a reason. Said reason, is currently lying behind us recuperating. Until Najia can fully recover, we must look after ourselves… we must do it together, especially now that one of our own has forsaken us…" Eve muttered darkly earning a look of confusion from the rest of them.

"The hell does that mean? Are you still trying to pick a fight?!" Casey snapped earning a scowl from Abby in turn. Sighing, the younger girl cupped her brow before gently shaking her head. "Be silent, I don't like wasting words on those whom can't understand them the first time. It might be hard for you to use that brain of yours since it isn't attached to your body, but you must at least know who I mean…" Eve snapped.

Furrowing her brow, both Casey and Kari looked towards one another before Abby intervened. "Ebon, right?" Nodding, Eve smiled silently as she finally met the teenagers teal eyes with her own. "What the crap does that have to do anything? For all, I care that scaly bitch can slink off to whatever hole she crawled out of after she tried to fry Abby!" The Dullahan barked.

Looking towards the older girl in understanding, Eve and Kari both nodded as well, but the little Vampire sighed none the less. "I can agree to that, but none the less we are currently divided. And now, we're in trouble. We needed Ebon whether you realize it or not."

Gawking, Casey was about to dispute such a notion before Kari spoke up for the first time drawing all eyes towards her. "S-She's been hunting for us… Every day she goes out and brings us back food to stall our Energy from running out. B-But, she's not going to help us now because of what happened… is she?" The little Witch whispered earning another nod from Eve in return.

"Correct. Suffice it to say that after our last meeting, Ebon has turned her back on us. She even said so herself. She'll no doubt leave us alone, for now. But time is the enemy in the end. Both for us, and for Abby." Looking to all the girls present as she felt her words sinking in Eve continued now that she had their undivided attention.

"We cannot replenish our Energy, well, most of us. But certainly not all of us. Each of us and all our friends or acquaintances here in these caverns have a limited supply of essence still within them. Without food to prolong the drain we all feel they won't last very long. Need I say what happens once we run out…" Eve warned earning a scowl from Casey and a whimper from Kari.

"W-What happens… D-Do you just, die…?" Looking to Abby now, Eve shook her head gently before closing her eyes. "Some Hominal do, but otherwise no. It's rare to simply fade without essence but none the less all of our kind, both Hominal, and Beastial need it. If we keep it in check, we can live normal lives and go on our merry way. If we run out, however…" She paused as her eyes took on a darker turn.

"We'll become Feral." Shivering, the brunette looked to each of the girls in confusion, but, they all looked troubled by the statement. "W-What do you mean? Aren't Beastials feral? Do you… become, beastial or something?" She didn't understand.

Sighing, Casey moved her head up towards her neck before her shadow started coiling around her to hold it in place. "No, don't be daft. We can't change species ya eejit. What the bloodsucker means is we lose our damned minds." She muttered begrudgingly earning a look of surprise in return.

"W-W-When one of us, one of our species I mean, don't get essence… we become fixated on getting it. The hunger… I-I-It hurts so much… W-We can't think of anything else but having it… and we'll do just about anything to get it… E-E-Even h-hurt people…" Kari whimpered, her eyes watering as she thought about the horrific outcome.

Staring up at the dirty blonde in shock, Abby was speechless now. This was a thing?! ‘Indeed…' Blinking slowly, the teen looked back to the Vampire as the blonde stared down at her sullenly. "Feral's as you call them are usually Beastials who haven't eaten in a while. This is what causes most humans to assume all of our kind is mindless, savage, Monsters. But, it's simply what we turn into without the aid of Humans, to begin with. It's a vicious cycle… but a burden we are born with none the less. Or, made to take…" Eve spat before shaking her head.

Silence passed over the room now as the implications of their situation became revealed. It seemed things were far worse than they realized… Stepping over parts of the debris scattered over the ground, Eve's hand rose as she pulled over a part of the broken table towards her before propping her rear against it to sit down.

"I sympathize with our mutual hatred for Ebon… but the truth is she stepped up to look after us once Najia came back and fell into her coma. She kept us fed, and frequented this very room to check on her. Can you not say she tried to assist you as well whenever she could Kari?"

Lowering her eyes, the little Witch nodded as she thought back on it. The Dragon girl had brought her herbs that grew locally whenever she went out. Most of them were useless but she didn't know what to look for… it wasn't her fault…

"So what then? We go back and apologize? Maybe toss Abby up as a peace offering?" Casey remarked snarkily before scoffing. What did the Vampire expect them to do?! Ebon had been the one at fault, not them! Narrowing her scarlet eyes, the younger girl shook her head before rubbing the bridge of her nose.

"Of course, I would never put My Abby in harm's way if I could help it." "She ain't yours!" "Stop it!" Growling, Casey nodded as she looked back at the brunette angrily. "Well, ya aren't hers!" Sighing, Abby looked back at Eve before offering her hand forward in an attempt to get her to continue.

"If Ebon won't help you girls anymore, and convincing her to help otherwise isn't an option then what do you have in mind Eve. I don't think you brought this up without some kind of a plan in mind." She knew the Vampire vaguely, but from what she had learned was her mind was as sharp as a dagger. She had something planned or else she wouldn't have intervened prior the way she had that made the Dragon girl cut ties with the others.

Staring over the room quietly, Eve was silent for a few seconds before nodding her head. "Of course. The way I see it now, we lost one source of nourishment so another must be substituted. Hunting can be done, but none of the girls in these caverns could do it as well as Ebon can. So the meager rations we've been enduring up unto this point will be lessened further meaning our feralization will quicken. But, you already know this, don't you Kari?"

Blinking, both Casey and Abby looked up at the little witch as she tried to look away. "What the fuck are you talkin about? Kari, what's she mean?" Licking her lips slowly, the dirty blonde was mute as she felt the attention of the room shifted onto her. "U-U-Uhh… w-well…" "You ran out of Energy when you were treating me… didn't you…?"

Blinking in surprise, the toddler looked down at Abby before nodding in sadness. Looking up at her friend in shock, Casey's mouth hung open now before it clenched shut as she grit her teeth. "What the hell Kari! Why didn't ya tell me ya ran out! For fuck's sake, what's wrong with ya?!" It was dangerous to be running around on an empty tank and the damned boyd had been doing it for three days!?

Shaking her head slowly, the younger girl whimpered as tears swelled up under her eyes. "I-I-I'm sorry… I didn't want to worry you…" She whispered earning an angry growl in return. "Christ, stop being so considerate all the time! Ya need yer Energy as much as the rest of us!" Casey snapped as she staggered to her feet slowly.

Whimpering louder, Kari shook her head before feeling a gentle hand placed on her own. "You gave me some of your Energy when you were treating me. That's why I felt the way I did around you when we first met. You had to know it would drain you… but, you still did it to help me. Didn't you?" Abby whispered as she looked up at Kari quietly.

She really was selfless, wasn't she? Standing over the Witch as she kneeled on the ground with the brunette, Casey stared her down before moving her head forward. "Here, take some already. You can't go struttin and shit while yer on blanks. One snap and ya might do somethin you'll regret later."

Looking up at the redhead's head worriedly, Kari whimpered louder before shaking her own. "I-I-I can't Casey-" "Knock it off already!" Cowering, the younger girl shrunk lower as her friend kneeled over her. Looking between both Hominal as Casey glared at Kari, Abby grew confused.

"W-Why can't you just take her Energy Kari? You girls can share it can't you?" She had seen Eve do that with Brook, and Casey even did it with her. So, what was the issue? Shivering on the floor, Kari continued to whimper as she felt her cheeks heating up.

"I-It's weird… I-I don't like it…" Blinking once, then twice, Abby's eyes widened now as she figured out what she meant. She was embarrassed?! That was her reason not to take the Dullahan's Energy?! Clutching the little Witch's finger gently, Abby sighed quietly as she saw Kari flinching every time Casey moved her head forward.

She could sympathize with her. She had trouble with this as well… though, her most recent encounter with Brook might have shifted her view because of Eve's influence. Not that she would ever tell her that. "K-Kari… I-I can understand your reluctance… But you need Energy. All of you Girls need it. If what you said is true then turning into some kind of, Feral, isn't going to be any better than this. Now please, let Casey help you…" She whispered.

Shaking her head dismayed, the dirty blonde continued to deny her friend before crying out in surprise as her neck was bent upright. "I apologize, but we don't have the luxury to wait." Screaming as her mouth was captured both Casey and Abby looked up in shock as they watched Eve pressing her lips into the younger girls.

Crying out in surprise as she was flung out of Kari's hand as she flailed, Abby screeched as she fell towards the ground. Thankfully Casey had noticed however as her shadow shot up protectively. Sliding into the blackened void as she slid around, the shrunken human eventually landed onto the redhead's palms before she was cupped gently.

"DAMN IT YA CUNT, WATCH WHAT YER DOIN! YA ALMOST GOT ABBY KILLED AGAIN!" Casey snapped angrily as she cradled the smaller girl into her. Ignoring both Kari's screams, and Casey's rant, Eve continued her lip lock for a good thirty seconds before breaking away tiredly.

Coughing as her mouth was released, the younger girl fell forward on the ground as her jaw trembled. Blushing a bright shade of red, Kari's eyes lit up a brilliant hue of magenta before she screamed. Covering her ears, both Casey and Abby flinched from the loud wail the little Witch was making as cried outward.

"K-K-KARI, KNOCK IT OFF!" Shaking her head as tears streamed from her cheeks, the toddler continued to wail before her eyes dimmed and she eventually fell forward. Falling to the floor unconsciously, All eyes turned to Eve now as the blonde stood over the younger girl darkly, her hand raised above where her head had been prior.

Standing up immediately, Casey snarled as her shadow reshaped into their all too familiar spikes, however, the Vampire made no move to defend herself. "I sent her to sleep. She's perfectly fine. The last thing we needed was her to cause Abby to fall into a coma to…" Eve muttered darkly.

Growling, Casey glanced down at her human companion as she saw the brunette cupping her head in pain. She was right… begrudgingly. That had been no ordinary scream. It was laced with the Witch's magic and if it kept up, would have no doubt rendered Abby unconscious as well.

Lowering her shadow back to the ground, the redhead nodded but kept the smaller girl close to her chest as she guarded her. Now that Abby was back in her hands she'd be damned to hand her over…

Blinking slowly as dots danced across her vision, Abby looked back at the unconscious child before shaking her head. "W-W-What d-did you do to her… w-why was she screaming like that!" She sounded like she was in pain!

Crossing her arms, Eve was silent as she chose to let the Dullahan handle this one. She was her friend after all. Scratching her cheek mutely, Casey sighed as she stared back at the sleeping girl. "T-That's uhh… That's a lil hard to explain. Ya see, the boyd kinda, can't handle Essence like we can. She gets hysterical whenever someone tries to give her it…" Casey whispered quietly before shaking her head.

"For as long as I can think the damned eejit would cry and weep when we tried. Eventually, Najia had to stop givin it to her on account of her powers actin up. As ya just saw…" She mumbled earning a nod in return. Glancing between both Kari and Casey now, a few questions came to mind.

"W-Why does she act like that, I don't understand? Does she just hate the Energy or something… or, is it something else?" Rubbing the back of her head tiredly, Casey bit her tongue as she tried to figure out what to say. "W-Well, it ain't the flavor, she no doubt likes that. I've yet ta meet anyone who didn't like Essence. It's more, she just can't seem ta handle how we… ya know… exchange it. If ya catch my drift. Najia had to find an alternative to feeding her since she refused to do it the usual way. She takes it from these flasks she makes and what's done is done. But, with Najia out of the picture, ya can bet she hasn't fed for a while now. And she lied about her reserves…" Casey muttered bitterly.

She had been afraid of something like this happening, but the damned girl said she still had plenty of Energy! Staring down at the sleeping girl with worry, Eve's elegant voice brought her back to reality as the Vampire chose now to join in.

"Regardless, she will be sated for now. I gave her a days' worth. It's not much but it will hold her over and keep her going with her treatments. Her magic is vital to Najia's recover. You are as well Abby, but when you work with a Witch who can use her powers, the results are endless." She muttered truthfully. They had only been treating the Kitsune with modern, human medicine. And while that was working… there were certain… events, which made Najia's recovery much direr now. Though, she would keep them to herself for the time being. Hopefully, it didn't come to what she feared the most…

Nodding remorsefully, Abby's eyes hardened as she looked up at the Vampire. "We will heal her, you have my word Eve. But, I don't know how long it will take. She's recuperating faster than any human I've ever seen… but, I don't know enough about Hominal biology, let alone about specific species to tell you when she'll awaken…"

"And what now then? Do we just twiddle our fingers and wait or somthin? Ya said all of us wouldn't be feedin anymore ya damned bloodsucker. So ya fed the boyd, now how about the other handful of gals? Do ya plan on feedin them all?" Casey muttered snarkily as she kneeled over her friend attentively.

Growling, the regal Vampiress bared her fangs before calming herself as she saw Abby looking up at her. "No… that isn't possible. I have plenty of Energy in reserve for myself and a few close friends. But not enough for everyone… plus, the thought of giving you any makes me nauseous…" She muttered loathsomely.

Nodding in turn, Casey scoffed before shaking her head. "Ya couldn't get my mouth on those rottin lips of yers if ya tried. So what's the plan, oh great and insightful leader…?" She remarked dramatically before yipping as her hand was pinched by the brunette.

"Knock it off Casey. You to Eve. Be serious right now…" Abby muttered before looking back to the Vampire. Chuckling softly, the blonde nodded as she brushed her bangs past her ear. "I was, my dearest Abby. But I digress. Since Ebon is no longer going to be supplying us with an adequate source of nourishment, and no doubt we cannot supply enough for everyone on our own, regardless of our abilities… then a new source of Energy must be found in order for us to remain fulfilled."

Scoffing as a skeptical cough escaped her throat, Casey leveled her scathing eyes with that of the Vampires. "And how the fuck are we to find that so soon? Are we to just, hope the gods bless us with a feast?! Oh great and powerful Eveline, beholder of knowledge and shit, do tell us where this source ya speak of is!" She groaned sardonically.

However, Eve could only smile now as her eyes shifted away from Casey jade ones… and down to Abby teal ones. Blinking slowly, the little Human shivered as the hair on the back of her neck started to rise. She couldn't mean what she was implying… could she?

Furrowing her brow, Casey looked down at Abby as the cogs in her head started to turn before her eyes widened to new proportions. Eeping as the redhead's fingers clenched around her, Casey pulled the shrunken human into her chest before her shadow shot up around her defensively.

"Hell will freeze over before that'll happen ya decrepit bitch!" Sighing, Eve shook her head before crossing her arms. "This does not please me either… but alas, it would be temporary. These girls need their Energy. I can supply enough to maybe two or three of my friends consistently, but even I cannot keep such a feat up as long as Najia could. They need your help, Abby." Eve muttered truthfully.

Shivering as she felt the fingers around her tighten, the teenager was silent as she thought about what she was being asked to do. This, this was ridiculous. Who could ask her to do something so... so… so vile and, depraving! She wanted her to give her… h-her essence to these Hominal willingly and regularly until the Kitsune recovered?! She just couldn't do that… could she…?

"I told ya, It ain't happenin! I won't let ya do something like that to Abby!" Casey growled earning a glare in return from the young Vampiress. "There is little to no other choice for the situation at hand. As I said, this would be temporary so it wouldn't be permanent. But there is, another reason for doing this." Eve muttered sternly drawing both girls' attentions.

Standing up, Eve stretched out her legs before looking towards the entrance of the caverns. "Ebon is still around… we can't forget this fact. Abby, you're still in danger while she's here." Feeling her breath hitch, the brunette shivered as flashes of the Dragon entered her mind.

The pain from her fire… the horrible, horrible pain… it would haunt her no doubt for some time… Feeling a gentle warmth on her back as she was pet reassuringly, Casey leveled her glare at Eve as she pulled the smaller girl closer.

"And what? Ya won't protect her if we don't agree to whore her out!" Casey screamed angrily earning a glare from the blonde. "Of course not! Don't be ridiculous! I will always look after My Abby's wellbeing. But you need to think for once you brainless ragdoll! I need to sleep, I meditate regularly, and I need to go outside these caves at night to feed myself! I won't be around twenty-four seven to keep watch over her! And I know for a fact you can't keep a Dragon at bay… you saw how well that worked out last time." She whispered venomously earning a seething glare back.

"Ebon is smart… she knows this to no doubt. As long as Abby is with us, she won't forget about her. Her hatred for Humans rivals that of you know who's…" She muttered darkly. Nodding bitterly, Casey felt understanding wash over her now.

"So what then, we just got to keep Abby on us at all times then! We can take turns protectin her!" Sighing, Eve shook her head again. This conversation was getting repetitive. "Only I can counter Ebon Casey… You aren't a match for her… not alone at least. And that's why this course of action needs to be the right one. Abby… you need to make some friends." Eve murmured seriously.

Blinking slowly, the little human began to nod as it dawned on her what the younger girl was getting at. There was safety in numbers. It was how these girls had been living all this time… and now, she was one of them. Though the danger was from within, the answer was here as well…

"Y-You want me to, to meet the others… so they'll protect me…?" She whispered in surprise. Nodding, Eve flashed her fangs as she smiled coyly. "Indeed. As I said, I'm more than a match for Ebon, but she will no doubt try and act at times when I'm not around. She can figure this out with time, and we don't know how long it will be till Najia recovers. If you have everyone looking out for you, however… no matter where you are, what time of day it is… you'll be safe. Ebon is strong… but she's not strong enough to fight off a soiree of Hominal and Beastial. She would have to back down. This outcome benefits both us, and you Abby. What say you?" Thinking over the younger girl's words, understanding came to mind as she pieced together where Eve had been going with this. It did make sense… more than she cared to admit. It could work out in their favor… though at what cost…?

Cupping Abby gently into her chest, Casey was silent for once as she thought about the blonde's words. She hated it but they were logical… damned if she'd ever agree though. "L-Look, we can do something else to help Abby. There have to be other ways we can-" "I'll do it…"

Blinking slowly, both Hominal looked down at the little human surprised, before one flashed a grin, while the other gawked in shock. "Are ye mad?! Ya want ta end up licked and suckled until yer raw! What the hell Abby! Ya hated us a few day ago, and now yer jumpin into the fire again!?" Casey snapped angrily.

Shaking her head, the teenager sighed as she felt her cheeks darkening. "I-I… I don't like the idea either… but, if you girls need essence… Then I might be the only choice you have. The last thing I want is any of you turning… F-Feral. Then I wouldn't have just one fire-breathing toddler to deal with but a cave full of who knows what all after me. Do you think they would be gentle with a three-inch food dispenser?" She muttered morbidly.

Biting her lip, Casey glowered in silence. She also had a point. Damn it, why was this making more and more sense? It was insane! Stepping forward, Eve was solemn as she gazed down at the smaller girl. "It would only be for a few days. I can sense Najia's presence returning to her. She's getting her strength back with each passing day. It is the right decision. I hope you understand…" Eve whispered quietly.

Nodding silently, Abby sighed before her eyes hardened. "I-It's fine… If this has to be done, t-then so be it. I'll go along with your plan, but what else? I can't be the only one helping you all. What are you planning to do?" Smiling in amusement, the little blonde nodded.

"I figured you'd catch on. While you are not catering to anyone you'll be helping Kari with Najia's recover. As for myself… and, the ragdoll… we'll be hunting and gathering for both the others and for her…" Eve muttered before pointing to the unconscious Witch.

"She'll no doubt need more supplies, and while my knowledge of them isn't nearly as vast as hers or Najia's might be, I've been around them long enough to know what to look for." She said reassuringly. Stomping her foot angrily now, Casey snarled as she glared back at the Vampire.

"So ya are takin charge and shit! Do ya expect me to just follow along like a wee lil doggy?" "I do. Unless you want to take charge instead. Would you like to go gathering all on your own instead while I sit back and stay here instead?" Narrowing her eyes, Casey ground her teeth before scoffing. "F-Fine then, jeez…" "Good girl."

Screaming angrily, Casey's shadow shot forward before she yipped in pain as her finger was bent awkwardly by the shrunken teen. "KNOCK IT OFF! WE'VE BEEN OVER THIS ALREADY!" Glowering, both girls glared back at one another before they turned away.

"Whatever… So now what? Do we just sit back and wait till the boyd regains consciousness or somethin?" They couldn't do too much without Kari there. Not to mention she needed to be filled in on what was going on now too…

Crossing her arms silently, Eve looked over to the Witch before nodding. "Take this time to recover. You're nowhere near as strong as you need to be. The same goes for you to Abby. Your legs might be fixed but you'll need your rest. I'll keep my eyes on these caves for you all tonight. Rest, recuperate… sleep. We'll start work tomorrow once everyone is at their fullest. I would take this time to prepare Abby. You might have changed mentally because of me, but I still caution you to keep an open mind about what goes on. Alright?"

Nodding darkly, Abby was quiet as she thought about what was going to happen to her over the next few days. She didn't like it… or at least she shouldn't. But, it was just for a little while. She had faith that Eve's course of action was the right one… even if it might be a little unpleasant.

Walking over to the Dullahan casually, Casey stiffened up a bit as her hand clenched up around Abby, but, that didn't deter the vampire much, if at all. Kneeling in front of her so her face was level with the brunette, the younger girl smiled before shaking her head.

"Thank you for your cooperation on this. I promise you, once everything is over, you'll be changed back. You have my word." She said truthfully. Looking back at Eve in surprise, Abby's lips twitched into a smile before she nodded. She had almost forgotten that she wasn't her normal height anymore. It was strange she just got so used to it by now. She would have to be more aware of this since-

Freezing in place as her mind went blank, Abby stiffened as her face was enveloped by a gentle, padded warmth. Her mind just went blank… Pulling back from her quick kiss, the little Vampire grinned before jumping back right as a shadow shot out of the ground where she had been kneeling.

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT! G-G-GET THE HELL AWAY FROM HER YA FLAPPER!" Casey shrieked, her face a bright shade of red as the blonde's laughter filled the caverns. Landing on the ground lightly, Eve gave the smaller girl a wink before her body shimmered and quickly disappeared into thin air.

 

‘We'll spend more time together later, don't you worry~. I'll see you soon, my little amore~…'

 

Coughing lightly as she felt her breath come back to her, Abby shivered before gently touching her cheeks. She could still feel the warmth of the Vampire's lips against her skin. They were most certainly not rotting…

Feeling herself shifted upwards, the smaller girl looked up at Casey's face as the Dullahan continued to blush. "A-Are ya alright? S-She didn't do anything else to ya, did she?" Shaking her head slowly, a sad smile fell over the teenagers face as she looked back to Kari.

"I'm fine Casey… Let's just get ready for bed. You need your rest, and so does she." Feeling her cheeks darken further, Casey scratched her cheek as she felt the faintest hints of embarrassment from her statement. "W-Well… I-I guess if ya say it like that and all... D-Do… Do ya want to spend the night with me? I-I-I mean, there isn't another bed in here or anythin… S-So… I'd feel safer with ya near me… Knowing I'd be able to keep ya safe and all…" She sputtered out.

Feeling her lips twitch into a grin as the smaller girl nodded, Casey smiled. "Alright, let me just put the boyd ta rest. She needs time to come down from her outburst. She'll be fine though by tomorrow." Sighing as she was moved over to the redhead's shoulder, Abby's mind wandered as she thought about everything that was going to happen. Everything that had happened…

They were in for a strange ride from here on out. And hopefully, it would be as Eve said. She'd regain her height, Najia would recover… And hopefully, her death wouldn't come.

 

She would just have to wait and see, how it all would unfold.

 

To be continued.

 

End Notes:

 

Well thats it, the change is upon us. I can't wait to continue onto the next chapter, but i don't know when it will be. Hopefully you all liked it. I really hope to see some lovely reviews from you all. :D

If not... well, I'll understand.

 

See you again soon!

I hope, xD

A minute of peace, by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

Welcome back one and all. I'm glad I can come to you guys once again. I know my updates a bit later than usual so forgive me. I wanted to have this up a few days ago but I couldn't seem to figure out certain interactions. :(

Hopefully though I hit the nail in where it needed and you all enjoy it. I'm glad that my story is all to your liking. Your reviews honestly put my unease to rest so thank you all for saying the things you did. I'm probably going to be forever fearful, but, looking back on them gives me calm. And lets me write more knowing I have an audiance who's happy to see where we go from here.

So from the bottom of my heart once again, thank you all. :)

 

Now, time to get down to the story. I hope you'll continue to enjoy, and stick with me till the very end.

 

 

Fire… there's fire, everywhere…'

‘S-Smoke, I can't see… I can't breathe…'

 

"Mommy… Daddy…?"

 

Turning her head around as the flames licked at her sensitive skin, Abby gazed around in a panic as the walls of her room began to light up a bright orange and red hue. Flames, they were engulfing the whole room. Running towards her door, the child tried to open it but, something was blocking her way out… she was trapped.

Coughing as more and more smoke entered her lungs, the brunette fell to her knee's as she tried to see. The smoke, black and sickly… it was hurting her eyes. She couldn't see anything… and the fire crackling as it sizzling along the old oaken wood made it impossible to hear anything beyond the roaring flames.

Fear… evolutionary fear…

The thing that defines what we feel when something is not right… something was not right. Where were her parents? Screaming louder as more smog entered her lungs, Abby coughed on the heated floors as tears streamed down her cheeks.

What was going on?

Hearing a loud cracking noise, Abby looked up as a figure staggered into the room. Trying to see who it was, the girl was soon clutched in her arms bringing safety to her. It was her… her Mother. Clinging to the older brunette for dear life, the little girl cried loudly as both woman and child walked through the flames. They needed to get out.

Down the stairs and through the kitchen… and finally, out the door, they went. Fresh air… it was tainted. Falling to the ground, Abby cried louder as she was thrown out of her Mother's arms as they landed. Gazing up in shock, the child cried as she crawled over to the sprawled woman.

Shaking her, tears fell from her eyes as she saw her Mother lying with her eyes open… unmoving. Why wasn't she moving? "Mommy? MOMMY!"

 

 "AAAARRH-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH!"

 

Trembling in terror, Abby looked up, as a fear unlike anything else she had just experienced overcame her. Standing in the flames beside her… a lone figure stood atop the tempest, fire flowing off its body as its bloody eyes stared back at her.

Snarling through the inferno around it, the creature, she could only assume was not human, opened its jaws as its glistening fangs were bared to her.

"AAAARRH-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH!!!"

It's shriek like a bloodcurdling war cry. It was coming… it was coming towards her. What was it! What was this Monster! It's blackened body, its fiery visage, it's-

 

"Abby!"

 

Jolting up in a sweat, Abby panted loudly as her eyes beaded. What the hell did she just see…? "A-Abby? A-Are ya alright?" Blinking slowly as her breath came out rugged, the smaller girl continued to pant as she felt gentle warmth surrounding her.

Gazing upwards at the concerned face hanging over hers, Abby sighed as she tried to slow her heart rate. It felt like it was trying to beat out of her chest. "Y-Yeah… yeah, I think I'm fine Casey…" Frowning as she stared down at the panicked girl, the Dullahan looked at her with worry before gently stroking her back.

"Ya looked like ya were havin a nightmare. What the hell was that all about? Ya were whimperin and everythin." She murmured as she continued to gently pet the shrunken girl. Massaging her brow as she gently pinched the bridge of her nose, Abby shook her head. She didn't honestly have an answer for her.

"I… I guess it was just a bad dream. I-I didn't wake you… did I?" Feeling her head flicked, the teenager looked up as she saw the redhead scowling back at her. "The hell does that matter? You're alright now, right?" Smiling quietly, the brunette nodded as she leaned back into the younger girl's hands.

"Yeah… sorry. I don't know what that was about. I've never had any night terrors before. I guess I'm just stressed out or something." Letting out an exasperated sigh, the child nodded. "That'd be an understatement. Come on, it's still an ungodly hour. Try to get back to sleep if ya can. We'll be needin our rest ya know." She mumbled before leaning back in her cot.

Nodding tiredly, Abby was about to follow suit before feeling herself picked up. Blinking, the smaller girl looked towards her Hominal guardian confused before chuckling as she watched Casey moving her over towards her pillow.

Setting the human down beside her head, a faint blush dusted the redhead's cheeks as she nuzzled her pillow gently… and with it, Abby into her cheek. "Ya don't need to fret ya know. It'll be alright Abby. Now rest." She mumbled before closing her eyes to let sleep claim her once more.

Feeling the warmth of the redhead against her, Abby nodded gently as she lay still beside her. She honestly didn't know what that was all about… but, she felt a sense of Déjà vu… It was troubling, to say the least. And one way or another… she didn't think she'd be getting back to sleep again. She could still hear it in the back of her mind…

 

That otherworldly howl…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Yawning loudly, Abby rubbed her eyes as she tried to shake off her fatigue. She wasn't fond of the taste of coffee but right about now that sounded heavenly. She felt exhausted. "I told ya to get back to sleep but noooo, ya didn't listen." Souring as she was berated for things beyond her control, the brunette sighed before leaning against Casey's hands as she rested.

"You were the one who wanted to check on Kari, *yawn* not me. I can't help it." She mumbled before smiling as she felt the redhead's freehand draped over her like a blanket of sorts. Peeking open an eye, the smaller girl smirked as she saw Casey blushing.

"I-I just wanted to see if the boyd was alright, alright! Sheesh… w-we can go back to my den afterward's if ya want to… t-to, sleep some more…" She stuttered out quietly. Smiling silently, Abby nodded as she continued to rest. That didn't sound so bad… though; the Dullahan probably had more in mind than just sleeping.

It had come to her attention just how much Casey seemed attentive to her now. Before she didn't think anything of it… but, after her little spat with Eve… it became glaringly obvious the redhead held some type of a fondness for her… possibly a crush even.

‘Great… because one wasn't enough…' Why were these Hominal so attracted to her? She never had this problem with humans back in her village… boys, or g-girls… She said it once but she'd say it again. Her life was weird…

Smiling fondly as they walked, Casey continued to watch the shrunken girl as she slept on her palm. It was probably about mid-day now. Thankfully most of her injuries were fixed overnight. The downside to her swift recovery, however, was being completely drained of her Energy. She was running on fumes as this point.

‘I-I guess I'll just have to get some more from Abby…' Blushing at the thought, the younger girl grinned before scratching her cheek. Now she just needed to figure out a way to approach the topic. Sighing, the Dullahan shook her head before looking up as a large rocky archway came into view.

"Alright, we're here. We'll be quick, don't worry. I'll just check on the boyd, see if she's up and skitterin then we'll be off back to my… room…" Casey muttered before feeling her words die off. Blinking, Abby looked up at the redhead before directing her attention over to where she was staring as well.

"W-What the heck…?" Looking around in surprise, both girls gawked silently at the large pile of rubble in the center of the room. It had to be all the debris that had been scattered from the previous fights that had been held here.

"B-Bloody hell, I lay the boyd to rest and she goes off and cleans up boulders?!" She was supposed to be recovering! Chuckling quietly, Abby rubbed the back of her head before shaking it. "I-I guess she wanted her room to be clean. It's not good to have a mess lying around when you're treating people." It was common sense.

Sighing audibly, Casey shook her head before walking into the room. "Whatever floats her boat I suppose…? Let's just hope she's not passed out again, the damned eejit doesn't know err' own limits." Casey muttered before furrowing her brow as they heard a gentle pattering down one of the tunnels that made up the chamber.

 

"I got it!"

 

"No, I got it!"

 

"I did have it first!"

 

"Nuh uh! I got it first!"

 

"Liar!"

"Lair!"

 

Gawking, Casey stiffened before her body began to tremble. "O-OH H-HEll NO!" This wasn't happening! Blinking slowly, Abby watched now in surprise as she heard the familiar voices coming closer. As their owners came into view, the shrunken girl had to shake her head in disbelief. It was them.

Running in circles around one another, both Ella and Emma came into view as they carried large chunks of rock over their heads as they the shade Imp chased down her Twee counterpart. "MINE'S BIGGER!" "NOPE! I WIN, I WIN! I HAVE THE BIGGER PIECE!" "SHUT UP, SHUT UP! I SAY I WIN!" "NUH UH!"

Screeching to a halt, both Imps came into the room fully before dropping the rocks in the center of the chamber along near the rest of the other rubble before they continued to glare at one another. "I'M MORE HELPFUL!" "NUH UH, I AM!" "I AM!" "I AM!" "I AM!" "I AM!"

 

"I AM!!!"

 

"I AM!!!"

 

"I AM!!!!!"

 

"I AM!!!!!"

 

"WHAT THE BLOODY FUCKS ARE YA TWO DOIN HERE?!"

 

Blinking, both sisters paused their bickering before looking towards the entrance to the cave, their eyes lighting up instantly. "CC! LOOK EM, IT'S CC!" "HI, HI CC! HI, HI!" They chattered happily before bounding towards the gawking Dullahan.

Cringing, the redhead's shadow shot up instantly as she began batting the lunging girls away. They were already jumping her! "I get her head this time El!" "Nuh uh! I want it!" "Give it here, give it here!" "Gimme, gimme!" They laughed jovially as they were continuously swatted back down into the ground.

"GET THE FUCK AWAY YA DEMONS! WHAT THE HELL ARE YA DOIN HERE?! WHERE'S KARI!" Staggering on the redhead's hand as she was moved around suddenly, Abby cried out in surprise as she felt the very surface she was standing on give out under her.

Screaming in fright, the teenager expected to land on the rocky ground before thumping into a much softer surface. "Big Sister Abby?! Em, Em, look it's Big Sister Abby!" "Big Sis?! Hi, Hi Big Sis!" Shaking her head confused, Abby looked up now as she stared up at Ella, her bright eyes wide with excitement as both she and her sister looked down at her now.

"B-B-Big, s-sister…?" Looking towards each other, both Emma and Ella nodded before chittering happily. "Yep, yep! It's great to see you again! We missed you, Sis!" "Yeah, Yeah, so much! We missed you!!!!!" Shaking her head slowly, the brunette tried to speak before screeching in surprise as her face was swiftly enveloped.

Forcing her shadow down from her sudden defense, Casey looked around frantically before her eyes shot open in surprise now as she watched both Imp siblings holding Abby in their hands as they took turns kissing her. "G-GET THE FUCK OFF OF HER YOU SKANKS!"

Lifting their heads up simultaneously, both girls blinked before crying out in shock as a shadow shot towards them. Jumping backward's, both girls glided as their petite wings carried them lightly over part of the rocks that hadn't been cleaned up yet.

"I SAID LET HER GO DAMN IT!" Turning their heads to the side, the Imps looked down now before scowling. "Why does CC want us to let you go Big Sis?" "Yeah, we were just saying hi, hi." Panting softly as she tried to calm her growing blush, Abby shook her head before staring up at the sisters.

"W-W-Why do you keep calling me that?! A-And why are you two here?" What in the hell was going on? How did they know where Kari's cave was? And why were they here in the first place?! Smiling happily now, Ella giggled excitedly as she moved the shrunken girl towards her face before nuzzling her against her pale cheek.

"Little Big Sister Abby is going to be our Big Sister! Mistress said so!" "Yeah, Yeah! Mistress said that you were going to be her Mate someday! Oh, I can't wait! You're going to be our Big Sister! Well, Little Big Sister," Emma laughed before pulling Abby out of her sibling's hand so she could nuzzle her instead.

Blinking slowly as her face was smothered into the blackened Imp's cheek, the brunette's mind tried to work out what the hell they had just said… but it made no sense! ‘WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT?!'

"B-B-But… H-How does being E-Eve's m-m-mate make me your Sister?!" Opening their mouths in excitement, both girls face's suddenly went blank before they frowned. "Huh, how does it Em?" "I don't know El, how does it?" Looking towards one another, both sisters shrugged before raising Abby up in the air. "We don't know but you're going to be an awesome Big Sis, Little Big Sis!" Emma laughed.

Crying out in shock as both of Imps were pulled upside down, Emma and Ella began to thrash as their tails were pulled on… hard. Flying out of Emma's hand and into an all too familiar shadow, Abby sighed as she felt her head pounding from all the jarring movements.

"She ain't gonna be a mate to that bloodsucking bitch! And the hell she's yer sister either!" Casey snapped as her shadow held them both up upside down. Whining and screaming both Hominal struggled vainly as the Dullahan moved her Human companion back to her hand.

"Jeez, these freaks seriously have some screws loose." She scoffed. Landing gently back on the redhead's hand, Abby smiled quietly before shaking her head. "Come on, let them go. They didn't mean any harm." Gawking now, Casey growled before glaring down at her.

"The hell they didn't! They were tryin for my head again damn it!" "Was not!" "Was too! W-Wait, I mean was not!" "Shut it ya pint-sized cunts!" Crossing her arms, Abby scowled up at the younger girl as she saw her trying to look away from her. "Come on Casey. Let them go. And both of you! Don't touch Casey's head, B-Big sister's orders!"

Blinking in surprise as she heard a duel toned whine behind her, Casey looked over her shoulder before shaking her head. What the hell was this morning? Letting her shadow sink back into the ground begrudgingly, both Emma and Ella flopped onto the dirt as they regained their footing.

"Aww… Big Sis is no fun today!" "Boo, boo!" Smiling softly, Abby nodded up at Casey before looking back at the twins. "Alright, now girls, tell us what you're doing here. Why are you in Kari's domain?" She had a hunch Eve was somehow behind this… though, she wasn't sure why.

Shaking off the dirt from their clothes, both Imp‘s stood at attention proudly before waving to Abby. "Mistress said that we should try being helpful for a change!" "So we came to help KK because she needed protection!" "Yeah, Yeah! We're protecting her now! But… there wasn't much to do…" "So she said we could clean if we wanted to." "B-But I cleaned more than El did!" "Did not!" "Did too!" "Did not!" Did too!"

"Stop it!" Eeping, both Imps clung to one another as Abby scowled at them both. "Quit bickering. I think I get the gist of it. So Kari told you to help her out around her after Eve sent you away…?" Nodding in affirmation, Both Emma and Ella smiled proudly as they puffed out their petite chests.

 

"You got it!"

"You got it!"

 

Groaning, Casey shook her head before looking down at Abby with a deadpanned expression. "For fuck's sake can we send them back already? If the fuckin boyd leech didn't even want them around then why the hell would we?" "HEY, HEY! DON'T TALK ABOUT THE MISTRESS LIKE THAT!" "YEAH, YEAH! MISTRESS IS THE BEST, SHE IS!"

Growling, the redhead's shadow shot up once more before pointing towards the siblings. "Then go back to her damn it, we don't need ya here!" Feeling her hand gently pinched, Casey looked down before shaking her head. "Well, we don't!"

Gazing up at the younger girl sternly, Abby sighed before looking back at the twins. "Is Kari up? You said she told you to tidy up or something right?" Nodding their heads together, both Emma and Ella began to lightly bounce before they darted away.

"Uh huh, uh huh! She's down this way, come, come!" "Yes come, we'll show you, yes we will!" They chanted as they took off down the corridor swiftly. Lowering her shadows back down to the ground, Casey continued to shake her head.

"I'm going to strangle that bitch next time I see her. She's doin this on purpose damn it!" Eveline knew these freaks liked to mess with her! Cooperated her ass, they were going to harass the living shit out of her, and probably Abby too!

Patting the younger girls hand, the brunette smiled quietly as they were lead to where Kari was. ‘I suppose you're full of surprises, huh Eve?' Hearing no response back, Abby sighed once more. She didn't know if she was doing it right now or not, but, she'd like to think the Vampire was probably smiling smugly from her chambers as she listened in to what was going on.

As the two followed along behind Ella and Emma, Casey continued to glare towards them as she kept her distance. Thankfully it didn't take the four too long to reach where they needed to be. Coming to a much smaller chamber, one of which was less lit and more cramped in comparison, Abby's eyes scanned the small cavern before they locked onto the Witch in question.

Kneeling over a small cot on the ground, Kari was quiet as she held a small vial over Najia's lips, the Kitsune now relocated here for some reason. Making sure the fluid would go down easily, the younger girl gently leaned the blonde woman's head back as she poured whatever it was down her throat.

"Hey, hey, Miss KK, you have guests!" "Yes, yes, guests! It's CC and Big Sis!" Blinking slowly as she finished off the flask, Kari's violet eyes looked upward now towards the entrance of the cave as she saw both Ella and Emma prancing towards her with Casey and Abby in tow.

"Hey, how ya feelin Kari? Ya threw quite the fit about what the damned leech did to ya. You alright?" She muttered quietly earning a silent nod in return. "Y-Yes… S-Sorry if I scared you two. I-I didn't do anything… did I?" She muttered timidly.

Sighing in relief as the redhead shook her head, Kari smiled.  She was really scared something had happened. All she remembered was… was screaming, and then, nothing. She just woke up in her bed. Looking over the young Witch as she fidgeted quietly, Abby was soon drawn to her eyes as they glowed a faint magenta hue.

"Are you upset Kari?" When Witches were under distress their eyes would show their true natures. In the blondes case, it was a faint violet. Looking up confused, the toddler shook her head before it dawned on her why she had been asked such a question.

"O-Oh… this…" She mumbled before pointing to her irises. "I think Eveline forced too much of her own Energy into me. M-My powers, they returned. B-But, there's just so much fuel that they don't know what to do." She mumbled worriedly before shaking her head. "Until I can vent some of my magic my eyes will keep glowing like this. They're the glimpse into a Witch's soul or something… Najia used to tell me this whenever this happened… I think. But, I don't really get it." She muttered before shaking head.

"A-Anyways, they'll turn back to normal soon. With my essence back I was able to start making potions again! I just fed a couple to Najia. They'll help her recover quicker now!" Kari chirped excitedly. Nodding, Abby looked over at the unconscious woman before rubbing her chin in thought.

She'd have to question the younger girl on what all she could do with these potions she could make. She knew one was an opiate, or at least she made something along those lines for her when they first met… something she still needed to thank her for. The pain of her dislocated arm would have been excruciating had she not been under anything at all.

"So I guess you are alright then, that's good to hear." Casey smiled before looking back down at Abby. "The lass wanted to see for herself and all. But, I guess if yer good then we'll head back now." The Dullahan grinned trying to leave just as quick as they came. She still wanted to spend a little more alone time with Abby if she could help it. Not to mention those blasted Imps-

"HEY, HEY! Don't go! We wanna play! "Yeah, we wanna play more!" Groaning, Casey glanced over her shoulder with an exhausted look as she saw both Emma and Ella fluttering in the air weakly as their little wings allowed them to hover if you could even call it that.

"The fuck I'm playin with ya freaks. Go kick some rocks of some shit, I don't care." She scoffed before feeling something collide with her legs. Yipping as she was clung to, Casey growled audibly as both the Twee and the Shade siblings locked themselves onto each of her legs individually.

"No, no!" "Play, we wanna play!"

Kicking the air angrily, Casey cursed as she tried to knock the sisters off of her feet but it was like they were attached! "Come on damn it, piss off already!" Hearing more whines and groans from the little Hominal, Casey's eyes darkened as her shadow showed up around her.

"Fine… Do you want to play? How about pin the tail on the Hominal?" She whispered darkly as her shadow grew into jagged spikes. Crying out in fear, both Emma and Ella dislodged themselves from her legs much to Casey's relief before her eyes shot open as they began clawing their way up her body instead. 

"H-H-Hey, g-get the fuck off me already!" Clinging to Casey's hand as she was swung around randomly, Abby groaned as she watched the redhead trying to bat at the two giggling Imps as they ran up and down her dress.

"Can we play with your head again?"

"Yeah, can we, can we?"

"FUCK NO, GET OFF ME!"

Latching her shadow onto both their tails, Casey growled as she flung the two girls away from her and into the wall. "Casey!" "What?! Ya saw the shit they were doin! Don't defend these inbred twits!" Scowling at the younger girl, Abby looked over to Emma and Ella worriedly as they flopped off the wall before shaking themselves off much to her relief. All these girls were made of something else...

"You play too rough!" "Yeah, yeah! Play gentler! We can play Tag again, that's gentle!" "OH, I love Tag!" "Me too, me too!" "Wanna play?" "Ya, ya, wanna play?" Grinding her teeth, Casey's eyes suddenly lit up before a dark smile crossed her lips.

"S-Sure… we can play Tag. I'm it. You better start runnin. You have till the count of ten!" She snapped. Gleefully bouncing, both of the Imps chittered to each other before they took off in a hurry. Watching as both Emma and Ella vanished from sight within a matter of seconds, Abby couldn't help but smile as she realized what Casey had just done.

"That was mean…" "I don't care." Sighing, the teenager shook her head before looking back up at Casey as she smiled triumphantly. She finally outwitted the two little pains in her ass. Now she just had to hope they were dumb enough to fall for it again if they showed back up. Not that she would let them if she could help it.

Coming up to her friends, Kari smiled quietly as she saw both Casey and Abby in good spirits. It was a much better sight to see than the days that had followed them up to this point. "Before you go, Eve came by a little after I woke up. She wanted me to tell you both that she's going to be out of the cave for a few hours, maybe longer while she gets me some things. So… we need to be really careful with Abby until she returns." The blonde whispered before looking down at the shrunken teen.

Scoffing, Casey patted the brunette's head before flashing the little Witch a grin of her own. "Like I'd ever not be careful with her!" "You almost dropped me a few minutes ago…" Sputtering, Casey soured before looking down at the miniature girl snidely. "It wasn't my fault! Ya saw what those cunts were doin to me! A-And I didn't drop you did I!" "You actually did the first time…"

Groaning, the redhead poked Abby's face in annoyance as she prodded her head. "S-S-Startin now then!" Chuckling, Abby nodded as she batted away the younger girl's hand. She was only teasing her, she didn't mean for her to take it so seriously.

Glancing back to Kari as she traded glances between them and her patient, Abby smiled softly before addressing her. "Has Najia had any changes since yesterday Kari?" Looking back to the smaller girl, the little blonde shook her head before pulling her loosely stitched back from under her arm.

"Not really no. She hasn't had any more fevers and her cuts are all closing on their own. To be honest, we could probably leave her alone and she'd heal on her own at this point. B-But we do need to help her if we can. S-So, that's why I made her something to drink. But, I don't have any ingredients left to make anymore… Ebon destroyed them all the last time she was here… O-Oh wait, that's what I needed to do!" She snapped before palming her face.

Blinking, both Abby and Casey looked down at Kari as the excited Witch quickly moved out of the room before taking off down the tunnel they had just come through. Trading glances, Casey simply shrugged before following after her friend. She had probably thought of something she wanted to do but forgot to do it. The boyd was as scatterbrained as ever it seemed.

"So I guess Najia's getting better with each day. That's… that's good to hear." Looking up at the redhead as she listened to her idle words, Abby frowned. There was a hint of something in her tone that didn't sound like excitement. "It probably won't be too much longer. You heard what Kari said. She knows more about her than I do, biology or otherwise."

Biting her tongue, Casey's eyes fell a bit before she sighed. "S-So… A-After yer Owner's place got sacked and all… do, do you think he'll stick around here? I mean with those other damned ingrates who did it to him?" Blinking slowly, Abby scowled as she thought about the younger girl's question.

She hadn't thought about the situation with her Master's shop since it happened. Or, at least since she and Casey got a chance to talk about it. Things had ramped up so quickly she had completely forgotten about it. But, it was something she'd have to address at some point.

"I… I guess not. When he gets back, I'm sure he'll be heartbroken to see what happened. It hurt so much to see it going on in front of me and to not be able to do anything about it. But, the pain can't even compare to what he'll feel when he returns from his trip…" Abby whispered.

Rubbing the smaller girls back gently, Casey nodded before licking her lips. "S-So… do, do ya think he'll leave then? O-Or… y-you'll leave, with him when he does return…?" Stiffening, Abby's eyes lowered as she realized why Casey was asking her this… this unusual question.

"I don't know. Maybe…" Darkening, Casey grew silent as she continued to walk now. She didn't like her answer… "Y-You know… yer a Doctor like the boyd, right? S-She could still use some trainin… If ya wanted to I mean…"

Looking up at the Dullahan confused now, Abby grew quiet as she saw her eyes darting away from her own. "C-Casey… I can't-" "W-W-What I'm sayin is… we could really use someone like you around her… E-Even… even after Najia's better and all… We struggle a lot, but, we do what we can to make it work. Y-You wanted to help people, right?"

Growing silent, Abby looked down now before shaking her head. "Casey… I really can't-" "Can't what? Help us Hominal out?!" She snapped before her eyes widened. Looking up at the redhead in surprise the younger girl blushed before turning away.

‘Casey…' That wasn't it… "N-N-Never mind… L-Lets just catch up with Kari…" She whispered before quickening her pace. Nodding mutely, Abby was sullen now after the tense tone she had set up. She kind of wished she hadn't been asked this now.

‘I can't answer you, Casey… because I don't have one yet…' She didn't have an answer to her question. It had been one that had been plaguing her as well… regardless of if it was brought up or not. Stepping past the small archway, the younger girl looked towards the ruined caverns before her eyes locked onto her friend kneeling over the ground.

"The hell are ya doin down there? And, what the heck are ya drawin?" She was scribbling something on the ground. Ignoring her friend, Kari continued writing as she scratched a piece of chalk stone on the floors of her cave. She needed to be very precise with this after all. Crawling in a small circle as she laid small symbols over the ground around the pile the Imps had made from all the debris that cluttered her cave, it wasn't for another five minutes that Kari paused to look over her work. "P-Perfect!"

Surrounding the large pile was an equally large circle with different shapes drawn about its circumference. Moving her baggy over towards her hands, Kari smiled now as she reached in. Watching curiously as the little Witch did… whatever it was she was doing, Abby's eyes widened in surprise as she pulled out the tip of a large stick from her bag… before it got longer… and longer… and eventually wound up being what she could only assume was some kind of a staff.

‘How the hell did she fit that in there?!' It was as big as she was! Lifting the old wooden branch above her, the dirty blonde's violet eyes shined brightly before she brought it down on top of the circle, the strange symbols beginning to glow the same color as her irises. She was using magic…

Letting the color of the circle completely change, Kari's eyes shined brightly before she raised up her staff only to slam the base of it down onto the ground in front of her. "Revertetur!" Stiffening, both Casey and Abby froze as they saw the large pile of broken oddities in front of them all beginning to shake.

Taking a few steps back, the redhead's eyes widened in surprise before looking at the rubble as it began to rise off the ground. "W-What the hell is this Kari?!" Just what did she do? Floating higher into the air, the different rocks and fragments of wood and glass began to shift around before they began to separate.

Flying through the room towards their original areas, all the debris slammed back into the area they originated before cracks of violet energy began to reattach them. Just the same as it was with the rocks of the caverns, the same could be said for all the shattered vials, flasks, and even the little Witch's work bench.

Flying back towards the middle of the room, the splinters all began to collide into one another as they pieced themselves back in place perfectly, the violent energy searing them back as they returned to their prior state of being.

As the last of the rubble flew away and went back where it fell from, Kari's eyes quickly switched from violet to Hazel as she fell onto the floor in front of her panting. "H-Hey, Kari!" Running back over to her friend, both Casey and Abby looked down at the younger blonde as she clutched onto her staff exhaustedly.

"I-I'm… I'm f-fine… L-Look, I drained some of my Energy!" She chirped happily as she pointed to her eyes before crying out in pain as Casey's hand found its way to the back of her head. "Ya just got that Energy Damn it! Don't waste it ya boyd eejit! What the hell did you just do anyways?! You've yet to say you could do something like this!" She spat angrily. She wasn't very angry at the blonde, just pissed she didn't give any thought to her actions yet again…

Whimpering as she rubbed her head, Kari sniffled before looking up at the other two girls. "W-W-What! I needed to fix my workstation! I-It's not my fault it takes so much Energy. All I did was turn back time a little!" She sputtered out.

Cupping her mouth in surprise, Abby was speechless. "Y-Y-You can t-turn back, time…?" That was possible?! Nodding her head sheepishly, the little blonde crawled back to her feet as she steadied herself out. "Najia showed me how to do it! She said to only use it If I really needed to though. There's some kind of a tax or something she mentioned… I think. OWE!" Crying out louder as she was batted again, Casey growled now before pulling on the younger girls ear.

"AN YA THOUGHT YA AUGHT TA DO IT ANYWAYS?! YER SUPPOSED TO BE SMART DAMN IT, DON'T JUS DO WHATEVER YA FEEL LIKE YA EEJIT!" Casey yelled, her accent lacing her words heavily as she continued to tug on the struggling girl's ear. "Casey, knock it off! Stop it, stop it!" She hated when she did this to her!

Shaking her head quietly, Abby sighed as she watched the older girl picking on her smaller charge. "Come on Casey, let her go. I'm sure she had a good reason to use her Magic the way she did. If we don't have a place to work we can't do what we need to properly after all." The brunette defended as the toddler nodded quickly.

Groaning, the redhead let go of the younger girls ear (much to her relief) before crossing her arms. "Don't baby the boyd Abby, she does this shit regularly. She doesn't think of the repercussions! If Najia said not to use it, then ya should'a listened!" She snapped.

Raising her hand to protest, Kari blinked slowly before sliding down her staff as she fell to her knees. "AHAH!? S-SEE, SEE WHAT I SAID! DAMN IT KARI ARE YA ALRIGHT?!" Casey stammered as she fell to the younger girl's side as her head bobbed up and down.

"T-Tired…" She mumbled before her head fell forward. Growling as her shadow shot out binding the little Witch, Casey muttered various curses, (some of which the teen had never even heard of before) as she lifted the younger girl up.

"Freakin pain, nothing but a damned fool ya are…" Peeking over the redhead's fingers as she watched her lifting Kari on top of the newly rebuilt table, Abby couldn't help but smile. "Be nice Casey. She didn't mean any harm."

As she set the toddler down gently, the Hominal shook her head before her shadow retreated back to her. "She never does, and that's the bloody problem! She's brash, ya hear me? Always doin, never thinkin!" "Kind of reminds me of a certain redhead I know…"

Blinking, Casey looked down at the brunette before her expression soured. "Ya tryin ta pick a fight with me?!" Did she really just compare her to the boyd eejit like they were related or something!? Laughing, Abby shook her head before looking back over to Kari.

"I guessing the drawback to use her magic was it taxed her, Energy or otherwise. She looks fine from what I can tell at least. We should leave her be." Nodding begrudgingly, Casey sighed once more before shaking her head.

"Ya need to have a talk with her about restraint when she gets up. Fuck if she listens to me. Only you and Najia ever seem to sway her gimp judgments." She spat before turning to leave. Furrowing her brow, Abby grew silent as she thought back on something else the redhead had mentioned.

She said that she had a sort of presence around her that was commanding to them. Was that what she was hinting at? Thinking about it for a little bit, Abby quietly shrugged before looking back up at her Guardian. "So… what now?" They had planned on checking up on Kari… and, they did… sort of.

Things seemed to be going well enough for now. So all they needed to do was wait until Eve to come back. The little Witch had said she was out for a bit. Though, she wasn't sure for what. She just hoped she gathered everything Kari needed by the time she returned. Perhaps they'd just have to wait and find out.

Rolling her shoulders as she loosened up, Casey hummed before her cheeks dusted a faint red. "Do… Do ya think I could ask a favor of ya? Y-Ya know since we have to slink about till the damned leech tells us otherwise?" She didn't like it, listening to the rottin Vamp and all… but, maybe she could make the best of it for now…

Raising her brow, Abby nodded. "Sure, I guess… I'm not sure I can do very much for you though…" She wasn't exactly reliable at her current stature. Grinning from ear to ear, the Dullahan shook her head as she began making her way back to her own cave.

 

"Oh, you'll be plenty of help, ya will. I'm just feeling a bit… peckish~."

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Panting on top of Casey's hand, sweat-caked Abby's glistening body as she panted loudly. Why did she agree to this again?! Clutching the redhead's hand as she felt the all too familiar feeling of a tongue between her legs, Abby's eyes rolled into the back of her head as she moaned loudly.

She didn't think the Hominal's favor was feeding her! So why did she say yes! Resting with her back pressed against one of the walls next to her cot, Casey shivered excitedly as she listened to the loud wails the brunette was making. It was driving her insane! She missed the noises she made when she did this with her.

Holding the shrunken human in one hand, and her head in another, the Dullahan forced her face into the teenager harder as she pressed her lips against her quim. Fuck she tasted better than before! Moaning herself, Casey couldn't help but grin wider as she tasted more and more of the teen's essence. She was addicted alright… addicted to her.

The sounds she was making… the feeling of her writhing on her palms. It didn't matter if she was the size of her pinkie. She would enjoy her no matter what height she was. And, she was… Crying louder, Abby shook her head as she felt the tension in her core building up.

‘S-So, g-g-good…' It felt a lot better this time around. In fact, she didn't even feel the same amount of disgust she expected to feel. The first time Casey had done this with her… she felt sick to her stomach during it all and especially afterward. But… but now… it just felt, natural… and a lot more appealing… She was actually… enjoying it…

Grinding her hips into the groaning redhead, Abby continued to pant as she felt the jolts of pleasure that she was being fed. It was just so, intoxicating! Digging her tongue into the miniature girl as she basked in the cries of ecstasy, Casey nuzzled her face against her harder as she felt the droplets of Energy being given to her.

It was a slow process, but, she liked it this way. It made each second she was connected with Abby feel, genuine. Scrapping her teeth against the teen's navel, Casey lightly clenched her as she nibbled on her body. She didn't know what all the human liked after what the bloodsucker did with her… so, it was a type of learning process for her… and most likely for Abby too.

She just hoped she could please her… and maybe, give her a reason to stick around. Even if only for a little longer. Crying as tears streamed down her cheeks, the older girl croaked as she felt her voice beginning to crack. When did Casey learn all of this? How did she learn all of this!? Her tongue against her skin… her t-teeth pinching her sensitive flesh.

She was licking her very goosebumps giving her even more in the process! "C-C-Casey!" Mewing contently as she heard her name being called out, the redhead smirked as she sucked the brunette's waist into her mouth, her legs spread wide apart as she continued to teeth on her. She wanted to hear it again. She wanted to hear her say her name, not anyone else's!

Spasming with her jaw agape, Abby's body soon stiffened up before she screamed. Flailing in Casey's mouth, the teenager bucked into the Dullahan's tongue as she screeched, her orgasm forcing its way out of her and into the eager redheads waiting lips.

Moaning louder as she tasted the life-giving fluids all Humans could make, Casey shuddered as well before resting her head on her lap so she could free up one of her hands. Moving her left hand down below her waist, the younger girl eagerly drove it into crotch as she gently massaged her own aching quim. Fuck her screams were riling her up!

She wanted to hear more of them! Lying in a panting heap, Abby felt her vision shifting as she tried to regain her senses. That had felt… fantastic. ‘S-So, g-good…' She really was depraved now… wasn't she? But, even now she didn't care. Plus… it wasn't over.

Smiling greedily, the teenager grinned as she felt Casey's tongue lapping between her legs once again. She wanted seconds it seemed. "C-Casey, p-please… l-let me c-c-catch my, m-my b-breath!" She stuttered out horribly before groaning. It didn't seem like the redhead was going to give her that moment…

Biting down on Abby as her grin widened further, Casey ground her teeth back and forth as she playfully chewed on her. "Naw guaah happa, ou ast ouu ood!" Casey giggled. She probably didn't understand a word of that. She was having a good time, and, she was going to prolong this as long as she could!

Hugging her head into her as she held the smaller teen in her mouth, Casey continued to play with herself as she suckled on the brunette. She could really get used to this… hopefully, Abby could too. Hearing more of the happy wails echoing into her ears, the redhead smiled happily.

She wanted a turn now though… Moving her head down between her legs, Casey kept Abby tucked nicely between her teeth before shifting her mouth over her own quim. Noticing her changing surroundings, the teenager blinked slowly through her lusty eyes before they widened as she became aware of what was going on.

Gulping, the shrunken girl shuddered as she saw the redheads bare slit in front of her, her freehand pressing against her folds as she spread her lower lips apart to display herself to her. ‘W-Why…' Why did she feel like this now…

She felt… excited. Staring into the younger girls pink folds as they glistened with her excitement, Abby couldn't help but blush. She felt, drawn to them. She could blame Eve for her increased libido… but, even she knew something else inside of her had shifted. She wanted to go in…

Noticing the brunette quiet down, Casey scowled before gently petting her head with her right hand. "Ey, on't op sruggling alrigh?" Furrowing her brow, the teenager wanted to know what she had said but, it didn't like she was going to find out as she was soon shifted forward.

Quivering as her face was drawn closer; Abby blushed brighter before shuddering as her cheeks pressed against the Dullahan's glossy pink flesh. Groaning loudly, Casey whimpered around Abby as she shoved her head into her crotch, Abby leading the entrance into her from her mouth.

Gasping in surprise, the naked teen shook as she felt the warm walls around her clinging to her flesh. It was sticky… and humid… and, and it smelled like Casey of course. It was a scent she was very familiar with… after coming here a second time.

Nuzzling her face within her, the smaller girl couldn't help but marvel at how much was different from before and after. The whole time she was inside Casey she had been thrashing and struggling with disgust… but now, she felt almost… relaxed. Groaning as she was lightly bitten, Abby whimpered knowing the redhead was asking her to continue.

Moving her face against her slick folds, the teenager opened her mouth tentatively before closing her eyes. She had almost done this before… but, she had stopped herself. But she wanted to know this time around. Trailing her tongue over the younger girl's inner walls, Abby moaned softly as she tasted the potent flavors.

‘G-Gross… I-I think… I-Is it?' She wasn't sure. She tasted something, glossy… kind of like oil. It was salty, but, that might have just been the Dullahan's natural skin. She couldn't honestly say what it was she had just tasted… but, she didn't see the appeal that other Hominal had in it.

‘J-Jeez… Why did I even do that?!' It was embarrassing now that she thought about it. Emma and Ella had made it seem like she tasted delicious… like the sweetest thing, they had ever had. Yet, she tasted the opposite. Shaking her head, the brunette wanted to think about the strange topic more but her voice quickly cracked as she yipped in surprise.

"C-Casey! I-I'm going, c-c-cut it out!" She was licking between her legs again! Kicking the younger girls tongue as her face light up brighter, Abby continued to yip and wiggle around as she was poked and prodded lewdly. T-This was demeaning now!

‘A-And when w-was it not…?' Sulking, the brunette shook her head as she pushed her arms around inside the blackened crevices she found herself in. She could hear a gentle pulsing and feel it too. And the moans coming from the direction of her feet added to the squelching around her as well. It was like an audible revelry of debauchery. And… and it was exciting her, as much as she hated to admit it.

Grinding her hips into the headless girl's mouth, Abby panted softly as she felt her body getting hotter by the second. The heat was almost scalding. Digging her fingers into Casey's flesh, the teenager shook her head as she lay prone and defenseless. She was at the Hominal's mercy… and she knew it too…

Breathing through her nose as she took in quicker gasps, Casey rolled her teeth back and forth over Abby's midsection as she let her tongue dig in. This was wonderful! The taste was better than the first time she had it. And now, it seemed like Abby was into it too. That made this whole process all the more special to her…

Trembling, Casey clenched her teeth a little tighter as she felt her hair pulled on hard. Fuck she had to stop doing that! Lessoning her hold on her crimson locks, the Dullahan nodded to herself as her hands gently rubbed her hair instead of viciously pulling on it. She really had to stop doing that when she got this into it. Last time she had pulled some of it out…

Groaning, the younger girl quietly garbled as she felt her insides pinched. ‘A-Abby…' S-She was being a bit friskier then last time she was in there too. But, that wasn't a bad thing. It only affirmed her belief that she was enjoying it more her second time in. Maybe they could make this a permanent arrangement if she really did like it… She could get used to this.

Squealing, Casey clenched her hair once again as she pulled on her head once more. Damn it that felt great! Sucking on the shrunken girl as she tried to push her in and out, the redhead was rewarded as she felt her shrunken mate pinching and gripping her from the inside. S-She was hitting somewhere really good!

Nuzzling her crotch, Casey's eyes watered as she felt her excitement building up by the second. S-She couldn't take it, take the pleasure… it was potent as all hell! Using her tongue, the younger Hominal pushed against the miniature girl’s quim as she drove her deeper in.

It was great, she was great. Opening her eyes in an instant, Casey had to open her mouth quickly as she almost snapped the human in half. Screaming, the redhead bucked her hips into her own head as she felt her orgasm flooding out of her. She had pushed Abby a bit too far… she had pressed against… against the end of her tunnel.

Crying as her head was released, Casey coughed as she choked on some of her own essence. That… that had felt, s-s-so good… Feeling a light poking between her folds, Casey bit her lip as she moved a shaking hand over to her lower lips. Spreading her neither s apart with some effort, the headless girl sighed as she felt Abby slide out of her.

Flopping onto the worn sheets beneath Casey, Abby gasped for air as she coughed painfully. She had almost drowned! Crawling on her knees with her legs shaking like jelly, the brunette had trouble regaining her senses as she felt the lust filled haze that embodied her subsiding, just not as fast as she wished.

‘S-So, h-h-hot…' Her skin, it was still burning… Looking up slowly as she heard a loud panting noise, Abby nodded as she saw Casey trying to catch her breath as well. She seemed even more worn out then she was. Crawling towards the Hominal weakly, it took her a few minutes before she could sit down again.

Flopping her back against the redhead's cheek, Casey soon registered her presence as she smiled down at her timidly. "H-Hey, you doin alright… S-Storeen?" Blinking quietly as her vision slowly returned, the diminutive girl nodded tiredly.

"I… I think… W-What's a storeen?" Blushing heavily, Casey chuckled weakly before shaking her head… somehow. "D-Don't worry about it, Abby. I-It just means I like ya. Thanks for the meal, It was nice…" She whispered. Nodded tiredly, Abby nodded once again before jumping in surprise as she was gently pinched.

Pushing the teenager towards her mouth, Casey averted her eyes as she brought her closer to her lips. "I… I really did like it, ya know… S-So, I mean it. Thanks." Giving the shrunken girl no time to respond, Casey clenched her eyes tightly before pressing Abby against her lips.

Shuddering as her vision was enveloped, the brunette shivered as she felt the younger girls pert lips gently massaging her face. Pulling away just as quickly as it came, the smaller girl gasped quietly as she caught her breath. That had been caught completely off guard by that.

Looking up at Casey in surprise, the redhead kept her eyes away from her as she gently pet the shrunken teen. "L-Lets r-rest for a bit, alright? I'm tired…" She mumbled weakly before pressing her human companion against her cheek.

That had been hard for her to do… let alone say. She was kind of glad the girl didn't know what she had called her though. Smiling quietly, Casey nodded as she picked her head back up, Abby still against her cheek as she kept her right where she belonged… with her…

Breathing deeply as she inhaled the Dullahan's natural scent, Abby was mute as she rested against her. She wasn't too sleepy… but, she was exhausted. Perhaps resting would do them both some good. Plus, she didn't mind the situation she found herself in.

 

She was quite content to lay with the redhead for a while longer… she liked her too.

 

To be continued.

End Notes:

 

Thank you all for reading till the end. I know where to go from here so hopefully I'll be able to update soon. Please stay tuned and as always review and rejoice. Your words mean the world to me, and they always will. :3

 

I'll see you soon my little Storeen's~

Shaking hands, by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

 

Hey guys, long time no see. :)

 

Sorry for the delay... something happened recently and, it put me off from finishing this chapter. I can't say because it's not my place to, but, it made me sad. But, i'll try to keep this updated no less. I'll have another chapter up sooner or later as well. This one was a little short, but, it was for whats to come so expect it to be like that.

Enjoy.

 

 

Looking downwards as she rested prone, Abby was silent as silent sighs escaped past her trembling lips. After her little… alone time, with Casey, the Dullahan couldn't seem to keep her hands off her now. Before, it was simply hugging her as she was cuddled, but… it felt like it was getting a little more intimate now and she wasn't sure how she felt about it.

Moaning softly again, Abby scowled before shaking her head. That was a lie… she really, really liked it and she knew it. Giggling over the smaller girl as her fingers tenderly rubbed circles into her bare back, Casey smirked as she heard the content noises the teenager was making.

She had wanted to return the favor for her Energy, and, it seemed something like this would work. A massage was easy enough at her current size. Plus, she got to feel up the smaller girl as much as she wanted. Bonus!

Biting her lower lip, the redhead tried to hide her laughter as she heard more and more moans leaving the brunette's lips. She was really getting into it. "See, I told ya I could do anything the bloodsucker could! Plus I'm not slobberin all over ya with that rancid breath like she has." Casey grinned.

Sighing, both from contentment and from exhaustion, Abby looked over her shoulder at the younger girl before shaking her head. "I-I never said you couldn't… All I said was that I never had a massage until I met Eve…" She didn't mean to make it into a contest!

Scoffing, the Hominal shrugged her shoulders as she continued to lightly dig her nails into the girl's tender flesh. "And I said I could do it better, see?" She grinned viciously. Resting her chin over the back of her folded hands, Abby sulked silently as she chose not to reply.

‘Why do you always have to compare yourself to Eve?' It didn't make much sense to her. Both girls were polar opposites. They just didn't share any common ground, species, age, ranking, personalities, nothing. So why Did Casey keep trying to prove she could do anything better than she could?

‘Fufufu~, it's only natural for the weak to try to imitate the strong my amore~.' Stiffening, Abby looked up now before turning her head. ‘E-Eve…?' Hearing more of her melodious laughter in her mind, the brunette frowned knowing the Vampire had returned. She probably knew everything that she and Casey had done too…

Noticing the not so subtle change in the smaller girl's demeanor, Casey paused her rhythmic movements as she pouted. "H-Hey, you can't just stop mewin after ya started. That's half the fun for me!" She scowled. Sighing, the shrunken girl shook her head before casting her eyes over her shoulder.

"Eve's back, I-I think. We should probably go find her." They needed to touch base with the Vampiress after all. Scrunching her face into one of disgust, Casey growled before propping her chin on her hand as she leveled her eyes with the smaller teen.

"Aww, come on! It was just startin to get good! Can't we stay here a lil longer…?" Hearing the almost pleading tone in her voice, Abby sighed before shaking her head. "Come on Cas, we need to talk with her and see what she has planned. I need to do my part to no doubt…" She mumbled quietly.

Blushing from the shortening of her name, Casey scratched her cheek sheepishly before sighing herself. "F-F-Fine, we can go find the damned leech… I-In 5 minutes…?" "Casey!" "F-Fine!"

 

Couldn't hurt to try… She just wanted to have a little more time with HER Abby before that damned boyd came and took her away…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Fiddling with her gothic dress, Abby blushed faintly as she tried to hide her embarrassment. She'd never get used to these girls playing dress up with her! Feeling the bow in her hair adjusted by her redheaded guardian, the smaller girl groaned before looking up timidly at the face of a very amused Dullahan.

"W-Why do you keep making it your dress!" "What? Did ya want me to try and make that trashy potato sack the bat whore gave ya instead?! Ya, look prettier in this anyway…  A-And it's easy to make, alright!" She had only been making it for almost six years of her life…

Tugging on the silky cloth-like shadow she wore, Abby sighed before shaking her head. She didn't mind the other one actually. It unnerved her to know that her attire could simply evaporate at any given notice when Casey walked too far away. She was practically bare… well, completely bare actually…

‘S-She didn't even m-make me panties…' Growing redder as she realized just how much was missing from her new set of clothes, the teenager shook her head to rid her of the thoughts. "C-Could you at least give me back my other ones? What happens if your shadow fades away again!"

Grumbling, Casey's face scrunched before she rubbed the back of her head. "W-Well… a-about that…" Looking up at the redhead confused, Abby soon paled as she saw the guilty look she was being given. "D-Did you throw my clothes away!" "N-No! I-I… I just kind of, misplaced them…"

Palming her forehead, Abby groaned before glowering at the embarrassed girl. "HOW DO YOU MISPLACE MY ONLY CLOTHING!?" "YA GOT NEW ONES DON'T YA?" "THESE AREN'T REAL CASEY!" "THEY'RE REAL ENOUGH!" Butting heads with the larger girl, Abby scowled up at her as she was met with an equally bothered glare.

"S-Stop being petty! Just because Eve gave me that dress doesn't mean you need to throw it away!" Abby snapped. Growling, the redhead lowered her face before scoffing. "I-It's not like I did it on purpose or anythin! I just forgot where it was is all! Sheesh, if I knew ya would be pissy about it I would have just sown the damn thing to my sheets…" She mumbled.

Sitting in silence, Abby ignored her as she tried not to think about it anymore. ‘Sure she lost it…' She probably dropped it in the cave somewhere when she had been stripping her. Blushing, the brunette shook her head again. She wasn't supposed to be thinking about it damn it!

"I'm gone for a few hours, and I come back to this… how vainglorious must you be to dress our dear guest… in that, thing…" Jumping, both Casey and Abby turned around before looking in surprise at the casual face of Eve, the Vampire silently resting her back against one of the walls of the caverns as she gingerly groomed her nails.

Scowling, Casey was about to open her mouth before Abby quickly beat her to it. "H-How long have you been here? W-We didn't keep you waiting too long did we?" Pausing from her actions, the Vampires eyes traveled upwards to meet the Humans before she smiled warmly.

"Long enough, but, I can't hold that against you, my dear Abby…" She paused before leveling her eyes with the redhead, a smirk gracing her lips as she saw Casey grinding her teeth. "No, not you at least… Have you had your fill you gluttonous ragdoll?  If so, I think it's time I took Abby back. We have work to do after all." She grinned.

Growling as her shadow began to rise from the ground, a not so gentle pinch on her hand reminded her that it wasn't just her and the damned bat there currently. Looking down at Abby as she stared back up at her, Casey sighed before leveling her eyes with Eve's.

"And just what does that entail… Do ya plan on flashin her about like a beacon of sorts…? If so, I ain't going to just sit by and twiddle my thumbs. Where she goes, I go!" Casey snapped. She'd be damned to let the boyd flaunt her around unsupervised… or worse… take her back to her chambers for her own disgusting pleasures.

Smirking as she brushed her bangs gently past her ears, Eve's eyes snapped open before her hand extended. Blinking for only a second, the whole room suddenly shifted for Abby before she felt the ground beneath her soften. "Welcome back, my amore~."

Eeping, the teenager fell backward's in surprise before shivering as she saw Eve smiling down at her. ‘H-How, wait, what?!' It was almost like she had been teleported from Casey's hand to hers! Looking down at her open palm, Dullahan blinked before her eyes shot open as well.

"H-H-HEY! GIVE HER BACK YA CUNT!" Smiling wider, Eve's eyes hardened as she waved her free hand towards her. "Come and take her if you so wish… but, I wouldn't advise it. Kari will need assistance with setting up her new provisions. I saw to it that she would have all she needed to aid Najia's swift recovery. Now go, shoo, shoo…" She cooed, her hand flicking towards her derogatorily as if she were an animal instead of a person.

Growling louder, Casey stomped over to the Vampire before feeling the air around her shift. Blinking once more as her vision grew blurred, the older girl looked around before paling. "WHAT THE FUCK! COME BACK HERE YOU BITCH!" She was back in the Commons! That cunt had sent her somewhere else!

Chuckling as she heard the distant profound cries of the redhead, Eve grinned viciously as she began to walk away. Casey wasn't the only one who had fed recently. She was topped off to, and her powers were more than enough to keep the Ragdoll under control just like she needed to be.

"E-Eve…?" Glancing down to the smaller girl, the Vampire smiled before gentle petting the brunettes head. "I sent her on her way, don't worry, she's fine… albeit, very, very angry…" She grinned not even attempting to hide her amusement for her actions. Frowning, Abby nodded before looking the Vampiress over.

She was dressed in the same regal clothes she had been in the first time they had met. In fact, it didn't look like she changed any of her attire any of the times she had seen her. It was strange in a way… but, she felt like it would look strange for the blonde to dress in anything otherwise.

‘Why would I change perfection?' Blushing as she felt her mind invaded, the brunette looked down sheepishly as her face lit up. "Fufufu~, if you wanted to admire me, then all you needed to do was ask. I could give you a private show in my chambers later if you'd like~." She cooed.

Scowling as she felt her embarrassment rising by the second, the teenager opted to change the subject instead. She didn't trust herself not to say something else the blonde could use against her. She had a way of twisting her words and coursing her to say things she didn't plan on saying… It was troubling, to say the least.

"S-So, Kari said you went out earlier. Did get everything you need…?" Raising her brow from the odd question, the younger girl nodded as she continued her casual pace. "I said that Kari had all she needed, but, I suppose you were addressing personal interests as well. In that sense no. I'm probably going to go back out to gather a few personal things in a little bit. I'll keep what they are to myself, however…" She muttered softly before her crimson eyes traveled back down to the brunette.

Nodding quietly, Abby fidgeted before looking up to meet Eve's eyes. "S-So, what do you plan on doing with me then? I-If you're going to go back out I mean, shouldn't I stay with Kari and Casey?" She didn't plan on leaving her alone, unguarded, did she…?

Feeling a light flick on the back of her head, something a few of the other girls had done to her in a way of reprimanding her, Eve let out an exasperated sigh. "Don't be ridiculous Abby; of course I wouldn't just leave you alone!" She snapped. Why would she even think that?!

Huffing irritably, the blonde took a calming breath before looking back to the teen. "If I had it my way I'd simply take you out with me, but, for personal reasons I can't do that, not tonight at least." She muttered solemnly before her usual charming smile returned.

"But no, that doesn't matter. Someone else will be your guardian this evening. I believe Casey has had far too much time with you as is… you practically reek of her… it's unsettling to my senses…" Eve whispered, her nose lightly twitching giving the smaller girl the sense she could still smell what she and Casey had been doing prior…

Feeling her face lighting up at the thought, Abby licked her lips as she tried to shift the conversation again. She was really bad at this! "S-So… w-who's going to be watching me? I-Is it Brook? O-Or… or Emma and Ella…" She whispered a slight hint of trepidation in her tone towards the ladder.

Chuckling, the Vampire shook her head before smirking down towards her. "I didn't take you for being farcical Abby…" She chuckled before she gave her a deadpanned expression. "Do you honestly believe I would leave your safety in the hands of two Imps who can barely remember what their own names are?" Guessing the question was rhetorical, Abby was silent as the blonde shook her head.

"No, I wouldn't leave you with either of my familiars nor would I with Brook. She wouldn't do anything to you, and she could probably keep you safe until I returned… but, for who I have in mind you'll both be benefiting from this interaction." She whispered coolly.

Furrowing her brow, the shrunken girl tried to think of who it was, but, she was drawing blanks. "I'm guessing I've never met this person, have I?"  Grinning, Eve moved her free hand up to her locks as she gently played with them. "I would hope not. She's rather… Shall I say, dense? No, no… that's not the right word. Perhaps, it would be easier for you to simply meet her yourself and you can then gather your own opinion of her. But, I know she'll keep you safe. When it comes to raw strength, if I'm being perfectly honest… I doubt even I could take a hit from her without suffering serious injuries." Eve retorted, her pride falling away as she tried to reassure the smaller girl.

Looking up in shock, Abby fidgeted now before feeling a comforting hand placed atop her head, her fears already being felt by the little Vampiress. "You have no need to worry, she won't hurt you. She likes Humans quite a bit, as is her nature. I'm sure she'll take to you quickly… though; you might want to prepare for what that entails. I'm sure she's hungry…" Eve warned earning another equally fearful look from the teenager.

Sighing once more, Eve continued her pace as she gently pet the shrunken girl. Hopefully, Abby would be able to coup with whatever was going to happen. Regardless, she would be safe… she hoped…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Traveling upwards as their path ascended, Abby looked around in curiosity as she saw this next section of the caverns she had yet to be privy to. Eve had been walking up this path for a while now, so, did this mean she was coming to the surface? She couldn't remember how she and Casey got out because of the blindfold she had been forced to wear, but, this felt about right.

She recalled a similar walk with the Dullahan when they weren't on the best of terms. As the rocks on either side of the Vampire started to widen, a small shape came into view not too far off from where they were now. It looked, like a large stone…

Stepping up to a leveled room, Eve's crimson eyes looked over the area before she tilted her head towards a massive boulder resting against the farthest wall of the cave. "Poppy? Are you sleeping again?" Hearing no reply, the younger girl sighed before walking towards the right side of the large rock.

Peering over Eve's fingers, Abby was quiet before her eyes widened as she saw a new person come into view. Lying against the stone, a pink and pale child slept soundly as her head bobbed up and down to her breathing. She looked to be about five or six years old, but, she knew better than that… This girl was another Hominal.

Dressed in torn and wrinkled clothes of scrap, her linens were a sort of tiger yellow covering both her arms and legs as bindings and another pair of torn cloth over her upper chest and waist as loosely fitting clothes. It looked like her entire outfit had just been one piece of fabric she had torn apart and sewn back together haphazardly… The only noticeable items she had on that weren't made from the strange fabric was a spiked collar around her neck and a pair of light blue bows on either side of her lavender hair giving her a pair of pig tails.

But, the reason she knew she was a Hominal wasn't simply because she was here in this cave, but because of the two little white horns peeking out past her purple locks. She was some kind of a creature, but, the brunette couldn't honestly say what. She looked strange all right, but beside her horns, there really wasn't any noticeable traits that made her stick out.

What was she? Stepping over towards the sleeping girl, Eve squatted down in front of her before waving her free hand over her eyes and snapping her fingers repeatedly. "Poppy, I said wake up! You're supposed to be watching the entrance of our home, not passed out drunk again…" She whispered irritably.

Looking up at the Vampiress in surprise, Eve's hand answered her silent question as she pointed to a large pale gourd sitting beside her. Was that really a flask?! ‘S-She, she drinks?!' She was still a kid, wasn't she!

Sighing, Eve shook her head before glancing down at her startled companion. "Poppy's an Oni Abby, her species are rather fond of alcohol. Baby, child, adolescent, adult… it matters not to them. They like what they like and don't try to hide it for modesty's sake. And Poppy is no different. Now wake up!" She snapped louder before striking her hand across the sleeping girls face.

"E-E-EVE?! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!" She just struck her friend! Ignoring the angry cries from the brunette, Eve continued. Slapping her hand back and forth, the Vampire's eyes darkened as she watched the unconscious girls face being batted around with no change at all.

"Damn you inebriated twit… You're such a pain, you know that?" She scoffed before looking back to the trembling human. It seemed her actions were frightening her… "You can relax; I'm not hurting her Abby. Oni's have thick skin. The nerves normal creatures have aren‘t exactly the same for her species. There's a reason they're a B-class Hominal given their nature. It takes a lot to injure them. Example…" She paused before pulling her fist back. Launching her hand into the girls head, Abby screamed as she saw the lavender haired girls head shoot into the wall. "EVE!?" Pulling her hand back as she shook it off, Eve sighed before smiling quietly.

"Finally, you really shouldn't fall asleep so much. You're supposed to be our gate keeper, remember?" Looking back to the Oni girl as she started to move, the child known as Poppy pulled her head out of the rocks as her foggy eyes blinked tiredly.

"Huuuuuuh…?" Shaking her head, the little blonde sighed before standing up over the drowsy girl. "Poppy, what has Najia told you about drinking? Moderation… You can't keep passing out like that… especially not in our current state of affairs. As to why I'm back so soon, I have a task for you, and, someone you should meet."

Blinking in confusion, the lavender haired child looked up at Eve mutely before a loud yawn escaped past her lips, her head falling backward's as she began to fall back asleep again. "STAY AWAKE YOU TWIT!" Screaming angrily as her foot collided with the Oni's head, Eve growled as she launched her back into the wall she had sent her into the first time.

"E-E-EVE! STOP BEATING ON HER!" This was unsettling to see… Panting as her anger slowly dissipated, the regal girl calmed her nerves before sighing once more. "As I've already said Abby, I'm not hurting her. To be perfectly honest… I doubt she even felt that kick…" She whispered bitterly as she watched the groggy girl crawling back out of the small hole she had made.

Flopping onto the ground where she had been before, Poppy's eyes opened all the way as her golden irises looked up at Eve now, her attention solely on her for the first time. "Alright, alright… I'm up…" She mumbled sleepily as she rubbed her eyes. Did she really not feel any of that?!

Rubbing the bridge of her nose, the little Vampire counted in her mind before smiling calmly once more. The Twins had prepared her to deal with all sorts of personalities, and Poppy's was one that naturally infuriated her, at least, when she was intoxicated. Though, that happened to usually be 23 hours of the day if not more... "I know I just came back a little while ago, but, I need to go back outside. But before we get to that, I have someone for you to meet." She repeated.

Turning her head to the side silently, Eve's hand moved forward for her to see. Stiffening as she was brought in front of the Oni's face, the lavender haired girl blinked slowly before looking down at her confused. Blushing as they both stared at each other silently, Abby fidgeted before raising her hand weakly to wave.

"U-Uh… H-H-Hi, M-My names Abby… Nice to meet you?" She stuttered out. She wasn't sure what to expect from her. She had never seen an Oni before. She had never even heard of her species until now either. She looked normal enough though… but, looks could be deceiving.

As the silence dragged on, Poppy soon began to smile before she closed her eyes happily. "Kyehehe, tiny human…" Sweating, Abby nodded before looking back up at Eve. What was she supposed to say?! Kneeling back down, the Vampire looked the new girl in her eyes before pointing to the brunette.

"Poppy, this, is, Abby. She, is, my… F-Friend." That last word seemed a little forced… Looking back at Poppy as the Oni slowly nodded, her eyes lingering on Abby now as it seemed the smaller girl finally caught her attention. "Huuuuh… Why? "She is, special, too, me. I, need, you, too, protect, her, for, me. Do, you, understand?" She finished as she punctuated each of her words, talking as slow as possible.

Letting out a throaty hum, the Oni slowly nodded before smiling happily. "Kaaaaaay~." Scowling, Eve glanced between both girls before growling. "Poppy, what did I just say!" Blinking, the purple haired girl turned her head to the side before shaking it. "Don't remember." She shrugged before her face was soon met with Eve's hand as she planted her head back into the wall violently. Hissing loudly, the Vampire bared her fangs as she let them glisten in front of the child's eyes.

"LISTEN TO MY WORDS DAMN IT! Abby is mine! Someone very special to me! If anything happens to her, I will bring hell upon you and anyone else involved! If she breaks so much as a nail I will hold it against you! If she stubs her toe, I'll come after you! Guard her with your life, and if that's not enough, your death! Do you completely understand what I mean now?!" She barked viciously.

Raising her head back up, Poppy blinked once more before humming. "Huuuh… Friend... got it!" She chirped, the actions prior seemingly forgotten to her. Breathing deeply, Eve nodded before looking back at Abby, her expression softening as she saw the horrified look she was being given.

"Please, forgive me. I just want to make sure she understands that you're precious to me. It would trouble me greatly if anything… anything, were to happen to you. Do you understand Abby?" She whispered tenderly as her fingers brushed against the smaller girl's cheek lovingly.

Shivering as she heard the gentle tone, the brunette nodded sadly. She didn't think Eve would be this violent to a friend because of her. She felt kind of bad now… Feeling her chin nudged upwards, the teenager looked up into the Vampires eyes as she smiled down at her warmly.

"If it were anyone else I wouldn't be so violent. But Poppy is a special case. I promise you, a slap here, a punch or kick there… it would be the same as you pinching someone's arm. She'll be quite alright." She assured before looking back to the Oni as she leaned back in her spot tiredly.

Moving her hand forward towards her, Eve's eyes hardened once more. "Now Poppy, I mean what I said. Please keep her safe. I'll trust you with this task while I'm out. And in return, she'll be able to give you some of her Energy. She has agreed to supply us with it until Najia recovers. You're hungry aren't you?"

Looking back at Eve, and next to Abby, the pig tailed Oni pouted before nodding her head. "Yeaaaah…" She mumbled her tone sadder than before. Nodding, Eve pointed to the human before smiling. "Then it would be in your best interests that she stays safe as well, right?"

Furrowing her brow as if she were asked a tough question, Poppy's eyes soon lit up before she nodded, a wide grin spreading across her lips now as she smiled. "Kaaaay. You can count on me!" She cheered. As she began reaching for Abby, however, Eve's hands withdrew as she pointed to the boulder beside them.

"First, the door. I said I need to go out. If you do a good job of keeping my Abby safe, I'll bring you something back as well. Deal?" Looking up at the Vampire happily, Poppy nodded her head before standing up slowly. "Yeeeeh! Youuu got it!" She laughed before turning towards the large rock beside them.

Watching as her hands pressed into the stone, Abby slowly shook her head. ‘N-No, no way…' Gawking as her disbelief was proved wrong; Abby trembled in awe as she watched the Oni pushing against the boulder, the massive monolith slowly moving to the side as it ground into the floor causing a loud scraping sound to echo through the caverns. 'S-S-So S-Strong!'

Grunting cutely as her bare feet moved one step at a time, Poppy huffed as she pushed it far enough away for Eve to pass through before flopping down in front of it tiredly. She actually moved it! Looking towards the small entrance hidden behind the boulder, Abby shivered as she saw the pale moonlight reflecting off the ocean outside. This was the entrance to their cave after all.

Patting the teens head affectionately, Eve chuckled before walking towards it. "Good girl Poppy. Now, keep my Abby safe, and remember our deal anytime you start to forget. Alright?" Nodding her head as she began to yawn once more, the Oni soon blinked as she felt something dropped onto her stomach.

Crying out in surprise as she slid off the Vampires hand, Abby blushed as he collided into the child's navel, her tummy bouncing gently beneath her as it padded her fall. "E-Eve!" She didn't need to drop her! Turning away, the Vampire grinned silently before waving her hand.

"See you soon my Abby. Don't let her have too much Energy or else she might grow addicted. Oni's love pleasurable things, both in liquor and in essence." She chuckled mirthfully. Watching as the blonde slowly began to disappear into the night, Abby let out a quiet sigh before shaking her head. So it came to this… was… was she really ready for whatever was about to happen…?

Looking up to the Oni as she stared down at her curiously, a sense of foreboding filled the smaller girl now. She was really alone with this new girl. She was still scared of these Hominal. Kari, Nya, Casey, they were friendly to her. But, she didn't know this Oni. Was Eve right to put her safety in her hands? W-What if she didn't think it through? What if she didn't like her like she said she would… what if-

 

"Heeeey, want a drink?"

 

Blinking, the brunette's face went blank as she looked up into the Oni's golden eyes, her face indifferent, showing no true emotions whatsoever. "U-Uhh… I-I, w-wait, I-I can't-, HEY!" Abby stuttered out futilely as she was suddenly clutched in the child's pale hands.

Crying out in surprise as she was raised upwards, Poppy stumbled over to the wall she had been resting at prior before falling on the ground, a quiet giggle escaping her lips as she crawled the rest of the way over. Was she really drunk?! She didn't think Eve was being serious!

Pressing her back against the wall, the lavender haired girl sighed before looking back down at Abby happily. "Alright, let's drink!" She cheered. Sputtering, Abby could do little more than sit there in silence, her voice leaving her as she tried to say something…

Reaching for the gourd beside her, Poppy raised it up happily before giving the smaller girl a crooked smile.

 

What did she just get herself into...

 

 

 

To be continued.

 

End Notes:

 

Review and comment, you know I love them. the fabled Poppy has arrived lol. I know some people were curious about her, and honestly, its going to be fun to write next chapter.

I'll try to give it to you all soon.

Bye byeeeeee!

Cheers! by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

 

Hey, hey, hey :D

 

Welcome back guys, I'm glad to be back to. :P

 

Took me another week or so to get this done but I really like how it turned out and I hope you do to! I wanted this chapter to be special, but, I needed more time. So Its not over yet. Expect more to come, don't you worry.

Not going to spoil anything though. Just read, relax, and review. x3

 

Enjoy!

 

 

 

"I-I said no! Poppy stop it! That's enough!"

 

Grunting as she pushed against a large saucer in front of her, Abby growled as she continued to resist the lavender haired Oni's advances on her as she tried to make her drink from the small dish she had seemingly procured. 'Where did she even keep it, to begin with?!'

"Come oooooooon, have some! It's goooood~." She cooed as she tilted it forward. Yipping as some of the liquor splashed on her arms, the brunette tried to stand her ground, but, that was easier said than done! Feeling her feet slipping as she tried to find anything solid to stand on, the teenager was helpless.

Resting atop the younger girl's stomach, the mix of her pudgy belly, sweat laden skin, and droplets of alcohol splashing her made finding any traction near impossible. She couldn't keep this up much longer. Hell, she didn't know how she had been keeping up this long, to begin with!

Feeling as though she had jinxed herself, Abby screeched as her foot finally slipped out from under her causing her to face plant into the child's navel.  Blinking as her eyes fluttered up and down, Poppy paused her actions as she looked down at the panting girl.

"Drink?" "NO, NO DRINK! I CAN'T DRINK! I'M STILL A MINOR!" Abby screamed angrily as her face came up. Her mouth had been open when she fell, and she could taste the bitter flavors of whatever it was the younger girl was trying to make her drink… along with something else as well.

Looking into the Oni's golden eyes as she stared at her blankly, the Hominal soon smiled before giggling. "Drink!" Pushing herself up as she tried to balance once more, Abby soon noticed something… something she hadn't really been too focused on before.

Lifting her arm up as she stared down at the black dress Casey had made her, the little human whimpered as she saw parts of it beginning to dissipate. ‘I knew it…' She had predicted something like this happening. Why didn't the redhead listen to her!

As she continued to giggle, the Oni's radiant eyes soon noticed this as well. "Huuuuuh…?" Turning her head as she saw smoke rolling off the brunette, the child's eyes widened in surprise as her clothes suddenly fell away into a cloud of black wispy air leaving her bare.

Blushing, the shrunken girl covered up her breasts and crotch as she looked down in embarrassment. ‘D-Damn it, Casey…' She was going to have a long talk with the headless girl once she got back. This was not acceptable!

"Cuuuuuute~." Blinking, Abby looked up now before feeling her face light up even further. Pulling her lip down a bit as she bit her finger, the pink skinned Oni watched the smaller girl with a guttural expression as she openly ogled her. "H-H-HEY, K-KNOCK IT OFF!" That was an obscene look! Not even guys gave her that look! Well… not that she ever noticed at least.

Giggling bubbly, Poppy lifted the gourd beside her up to her lips before tilting it back. Taking a few quick sips from her drink, she sighed before lifting the small dish up once more. "Drink!" Sitting down as she attempted to hide as best she could, Abby shook her head once more before glaring up at the younger girl.

"I already said no! Stop trying to make me drink, w-whatever that stuff is! I'm only fifteen! I can't drink, ok!" She hated the taste, she hated the smell, and she hated what that stuff did to people! Why would she want to drink it?! Recalling the few times her Master had ever brought out any of the nauseating substances, the older girl shook her head. It was foul.

Pouting, Poppy moved the small dish up to her lips before slurping up the little that remained inside, the rest having been splashed about in her attempts to make the smaller girl drink. "No fuuuuun… I thought you humans liked to have fun!" She pouted angrily.

Rubbing the bridge of her nose, Abby shook her head before sighing. "I don't find alcohol fun. And neither should you! Species aside, there are repercussions for overdrinking. It can kill you! Not to mention poison your body, and-"Pausing her lecture as she saw the younger girl nodding off, Abby began to fume.

"DON'T JUST FALL ASLEEP WHILE IM TALKING TO YOU!" Did she have any idea how rude that was?! Groaning softly, the child lifted the gourd back up before taking another long sip. Letting it fall to her side, the Poppys glowing eyes traveled back down to Abby as she continued to frown.

"If you don't drink then how do you have fun?" Crossing her arms, Abby frowned as well. That was a ridiculous question. "I can read, I can study, I can work on preparing medicines for my Master, I can clean, I can write… There are plenty of things I can do… or, used to be able to do, to have fun." She remarked causing the younger girls brow to furrow.

"I said fuuuuun! That stuffs boooooring~." She whined. Feeling her anger rise from having her past times called out, Abby took a deep breath before shaking her head. "L-Look, just because I like peace when I relax doesn't mean what I do is boring! You don't need to get plastered, make a fool of yourself and poison your body to have a good time!" She snapped.

Sputtering in anger as the Oni stuck her tongue out at her, Abby huffed before shaking her head. If Casey or Brook had taught her anything it was *don't argue with children*. She wasn't going to sway them with her words…

Deciding to change the subject, Abby cleared her throat before taking a deep breath. "Liquor aside, tell me a little bit about yourself Poppy. I've never met an Oni before." She was kind of curious actually. Humming, the lavender haired girl looked down at her belly before turning her head.

"What's to know?" Frowning, Abby stood up now, her modesty forgotten, if only slightly, as she tried to force the conversation to shift away from them sharing a drink together. She didn't want to fall back into that argument again. "W-Well, can you tell me about your species? Eve told me that you have thick skin so you don't feel much. Is that true? P-Plus, it looked like you were really strong as well. I mean…" She paused before turning her head to look at the large boulder the child had moved on her own.

"T-That rocks probably a couple tons… D-Does that mean your species is really strong as well?" she whispered with slight trepidation in her tone. Grinning at the praise she was receiving, Poppy giggled before lifting up one of her arms. "Uh huh! Oni's are the strongest!" She laughed before flexing her non-existent muscles. It didn't look like she was too muscular… in fact, quite the opposite really.

While not fat, her stomach was still a little pudgy. The same could be said for her arms and legs as well. She looked like a well-fed child if anything, definitely not one that exercised regularly. ‘So, how do her species do the things they do then?' She wanted to know more.

"My turn, my tuuuurn~." She cooed drawing the older girls focus back to her. Giggling happily, Poppy bit her lip before her eyes lit up. "How come you're naked?" She laughed causing the brunettes face to light up. Blushing furiously, Abby's hands moved back up to her breast and crotch as she covered herself back up.

"T-That's not my fault! C-Casey made me some clothes out of her shadow and… and they kind of just fall away when she's not nearby. Y-You know Casey, right?" Tilting her head up, the pink skinned girl hummed vocally once more before nodding. "I know her. She's nice to me. She brings me back something to drink whenever she goes out." She chirped.

Smiling dryly, Abby nodded before shaking her head. ‘D-Do all these girls bring her things when they come back here…?' Eve mentioned she was going to do something similar. Sighing, the brunette shook her head before thinking about her next question.

"T-That's… nice. How long have you known everybody? I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say Najia took you in as well." Growing quiet momentarily, Poppy's eyes were hazy before she smiled cheerfully. "Yep, yep! Najia's nice to me too. She likes to bring me back drinks to." She grinned.

Scowling as her question was, not so much avoid, as simply misunderstood, Abby was about to ask her again before Poppy spoke up first. "Why are you so teeny tiny? Aren't humans supposed to be bigger?" Rubbing the back of her head sheepishly, Abby sighed for whatever countless time that had been. Something told her this was going to be a long day.

"I'm small because Kari shrank me. I-It wasn't her fault, but… some things went down when we first met, and she took me with her to protect me. I'm going to get changed back, but, I promised her I'd help Najia recover first. You know what happened to her right?"

Nodding her head tiredly, Poppy's eyes scanned Abby carefully before she smiled. "I see… Do you like being teeny tiny?" Looking up at the younger girl in surprise, Abby was about to say no, but… Blushing faintly, the teenager scratched her cheek before shaking her head. "W-Well… not really, no. B-But, there are times it's nice… I kind of like being held. I shouldn't, but, it makes me feel safe in a way. Ironic, I know." She mumbled before looking back up at the curious Oni.

"That question really isn't something I can say yes or no to. There are aspects I like, and others I hate. I don't like that I need to be watched 24/7, or the fact that Casey has to help me go to the bathroom either…" That was just demeaning, but, she still didn't really mind. The Pro's fought the Con's evenly. It mostly just came down to it feeling, natural now. It had been four or five days now, and it just felt, strange to think about what it was going to be like to change back. "I guess I can't really answer you on that one. Sorry." She mumbled before looking back to the quiet girl. Feeling the hairs on the back of her neck rise as she was stared at intently, the teenager blushed as she waited for her to say something. ‘W-Why is she just looking at me…?'

After about a minute passed, Poppy smiled quietly before reaching for her gourd. "You're a weird human." She snickered before taking a long sip from her drink. Sputtering in embarrassment, Abby scowled up at the child before crossing her arms.

"D-Don't judge me! You asked the question! Would you rather I lied and said No I hate it and hate Kari for doing it to me!" Pausing mid-sip, Poppy pursed her lips before pulling away from her drink. "No, I don't like humans who lie…" She mumbled darkly.

Shivering from the hostile tone she had yet to hear, Abby took a tentative step back before screeching as she fell backward's. Blinking Poppy looked down before her eyes widened. "Kyahahahaha!" Laughing hysterically as she looked down at the smaller girl, Abby blushed in embarrassment as she tried to get up. She had failed to notice the pink skinned girl's navel right behind her. Adding insult to injury she just had to fall in it!

Pushing against Poppy's slick belly as she tried to pull her butt out from the small incline, Abby shook her head furiously as her cheeks grew redder and redder by the second. "S-S-STOP LAUGHING! KNOCK IT OFF!" Shaking her head the Oni cried as she felt the human's movements tickling her tummy.

"Kyehehe, you're a fun human after all! I like you." She chirped before moving her free hand down towards her. Pouting as she was helped out of the child's belly button, Abby continued to blush as she tried to shrink and grow less noticed. She was completely, and utterly humiliated…

Patting the older girls back with her finger, Poppy grinned before lifting her gourd up once more. "Drink?" "NO, I DON'T WANT A DRINK!" She just wanted to curl up and forget that ever happened. Pouting, the Oni shrugged her shoulder before pulling her makeshift flask up once more as she drank greedily from its contents.

Letting it fall to her side as she sighed, the child murmured happily before shaking her head. "You seem nice. Are you a nice human?" Furrowing her brow, the teenager looked up in confusion now. "I, I guess? But, I think you'll have to make that decision yourself. To some of you, you like me. To others… I think you even, l-love me. But, to some… you hate me…" She whispered as she thought about Ebon.

There was no way to answer that without lying either. "You all have different opinions on me, so, you'll just have to make one yourself as well. I'd like to think I'm nice... kind even… but I've had my moments when I haven't been." She whispered meekly, her thoughts traveling back to what occurred in her Master's shop with a certain dirty blonde witch.

Feeling her head patted once more, Abby looked up at Poppy as the Oni stared down at her. "You don't drink, so you're no fun. But you don't yell or scream at me, so you're not mean. Do you like us?" Feeling the new question's answer come to her much easier than the others, Abby smiled. "Yes, I like you. I like all of you girls. I might be impartial to Ebon... but that doesn't mean I hate her either. You have, such different and unique personalities it would be impossible not to like all of you. You're not Monsters… your people. And I'm happy to have found this out. It's really opened my eyes." She whispered softly before shaking her head.

Crying out in surprise as the Hominal's finger beat into her back roughly, Poppy giggled before nodding her head. "Then Poppy likes you too." Blushing softly, Abby smiled faintly as she looked up at the lavender haired girl. ‘I guess that means I've made another ally.' The more the merrier, in the end.

"Drink?" Groaning, the brunette hung her head before simply shaking it. How many times did she have to say no before this daft girl got it? Looking back up at Poppy as she drank carelessly from her large gourd, a quiet smile found its way to the miniature girl's lips.

‘She seems so carefree.' It was strange. All of the other girls had something they held onto, something from their pasts that followed them. Be it Casey's bitter indifference or Brooks urge to feel wanted… Did the Oni girl have anything she brought along with her too?

Feeling as if the question might be a touchy one, the teenager weighed asking it in the first place, but… she really did want to know how Poppy came to find herself with the rest of the girls here. Licking her lips as she tried to word her question as safely as she could, Abby nodded before looking back up at the younger girl.

"H-How… how did you come under Najia's care? Did she save you to like she did with Casey and Brook? Or, adopt you?" Noticing the not so subtle change in the Oni, the lavender haired girl paused her drinking as she slowly pulled her gourd back once more.

"Why do you want to know that…" She whispered her tone once again dark, a stark contrast to the dense and carefree one she was using earlier. Looking downward sheepishly, Abby shook her head before sighing. "N-Never mind… I just wanted to know. Wanted to know more about you I mean." She could tell the question would be one that bothered her… so perhaps it was best to just leave it be.

Sitting motionless as her gourd hung loosely in front of her lips, Poppy's golden irises shifted away from her drink and down to the human as she studied her. "I saw her walking outside my old cave with other people… and joined up with her after I met her…" she whispered.

Looking back to Poppy in silence, Abby quietly nodded before smiling. That didn't sound so bad. Perhaps not all of these girls had as tragic of a past as Casey made it out to be-"I didn't have much of a choice since my Mommy was killed…"

Growing still, the hairs on the back of Abby's neck began to rise as her eyes widened in shock. Shivering, the smaller girl looked back up at the Oni as her blood ran cold. Looking down at her with disdain, the once carefree girl was now looked dark and foreboding. It was intimidating, to say the least…

Gazing down at the smaller human as her eyes darkened by the second, Abby visibly flinched as she moved her guard back over to her lips. Tilting the flask back as she gulped down a larger sip than usual, the pink skinned girl slammed the guard onto the ground beside her causing the teenager to cringe. She crossed a line… didn't she…?

Wiping the light dribble of pale liquid across her lips with her forearm, Poppy continued to stare Abby down as she sized her up. "If you want to know… I'll tell you what happened. But we're sharing a drink afterward…" She whispered, her tone surprisingly serious for such an odd demand of her.

Looking down in silence, the brunette frowned before looking back up to the child. She really didn't want to know her story if she was going to get upset with her. And she really didn't want to have a taste of whatever it was she was drinking either. But... a part of her was urging her on. She had to know. "F-Fine… I'll have a drink with you… But, if you don't want to tell me something, we can stop anytime you want." She didn't like the idea either way, but… she didn't want to cause the Oni any pain. It looked like this was going to be a sad tale…

"Kyaheh, Oni's don't go back on their words… I'll tell you everything… you can think whatever you want afterward's." She muttered broodingly before resting her head on the rocks behind her. Looking at the silent giantess as her eyes rested in place, no sounds were heard, before she finally closed her eyes, and let out an airy sigh.

"You don't seem like a bad person Abby. You're like the people my Mommy told me about. She loved you, humans… and for a while, so did I. You're soft and squishy, and not very strong… but you're supposed to be fun, and happy creatures. You're supposed to be like us…" She muttered before her eyes opened back up.

Gazing down at the older girl as she observed her, Poppy chuckled dryly before shaking her head. "Not all humans are the same though, are they?" Shaking her head, Abby frowned as she got a general idea of what Oni's were. They were a species of carouse, and they didn't try to hide it. And they probably liked others like them too. They liked to have fun.

But, humans came in all flavors. They weren't always like that either. Case in point, herself. Hearing a soft chuckling escaping past the child's lips, Abby looked back up at Poppy laughed halfheartedly. "My mommy used to tell me stories… She told me how she would come down from her cave on certain days of the year, and go into towns where people were loud and rowdy. Sometimes they were scared of her, but other times they would drink with her and continue doing whatever they were doing before. She was really fond of those days…" She whispered before her eyes slowly began to fall closed.

"I don't know how long she did this, but she told me once, that those days are gone. That makes me sad… I want to drink... I want to have fun… I wanted to be friends with the humans like my Mommy too." She whispered before her head slowly fell to the side startling the shrunken girl.

"P-P-Poppy?!" Jolting her head up, the lavender haired girl blinked slowly before yawning. "Huuuuh…? What…" Frowning, the teenager shook her head. Did she just fall asleep while she was talking? Looking the girl over as she rubbed her tired eyes, the Oni soon blinked before a smile founds its way to her lips.

"Ohhhh… I forgot I was telling you something wasn't I?" She chuckled before shaking her head. "Huuuh… Where was I…? Ohhhh, the drinks!" She laughed. Smiling dryly as she watched the younger girl seemingly revert back to her happier demeanor, Abby nodded.

Hopefully, she stayed in this mood a little while longer. Reaching for her gourd, the Oni once more took a suckle from her flask before letting it fall back to her side, a content smile on her face as she stared back down at the human on her stomach.

"I guess, one day… my Mommy found a human who really liked to drink and party with her. She liked him a whole lot, and I think he liked her too… or, thought at least." She mumbled as her eyes grew hazy once more. Sitting down slowly, Abby was mute as she listened intently. She had a bad feeling about where this story was headed…

Breathing steadily through her parted lips, Poppy closed her eyes before shaking her head. "She liked him a lot… so she brought him back to her cave after the partying ended. And then, I was born. He was my Daddy." She smiled faintly. Looking up at the Oni in disbelief, the teenager wanted to question a Hominal just abducting someone from their village, but it didn't appear she was finished.

Letting out a couple throaty laughs, Poppy rubbed her eyes, before shaking her head. "I don't remember much, but Mommy treated Daddy like… like… what are those things you humans worship? No, obey? Huuuh…" She mumbled, beckoning Abby for an answer to her question.

Furrowing her brow, Abby ran the unfinished sentence through her mind before speaking. "Gods, deities… monarchs, kings, sovereigns, "Yes, king! That's the thing!" She laughed startling Abby from her sudden interruption.

Giggling softly, Poppy sighed before her gaze rose once more. "Mommy treated Daddy like a king. She would always cuddle with him and drink with him and give him things. He was really happy too. At least… he acted like he was…" She whispered.

Nodding quietly, Abby hummed silently as she thought it over. ‘If he was her mate, it would make sense she treated him kindly.' Mates seemed to mean the world to Hominal and possibly to Beastial too. Looking back at Poppy as her eyes glazed over, the shrunken girl waved her hand before the Oni blinked, her attention shifting back to the human currently resting a top her.

"Huuuuh?" "What happened next? C-Can you keep going…?" She knew this story was about to take a turn for the worse… but, she had to know at this point. She was too deep in to stop now. Scratching her cheek, Poppy furrowed her brow before her eyes lit up.

"Ohhhh, I was born soon after, I think I was at least… Mommy said she and Daddy were living together for… a year? Two… huuuuh… I don't know. I guess awhile. I don't remember what Daddy looked like, though. Mommy was always the one who would play with me. We drank together every day… she was the best." The lavender haired girl whispered as the faintest of smiles graced her lips.

Smiling softly up at Poppy, Abby nodded before noticing something running down the child's cheeks. "P-P-Poppy…" Sitting still, the pig tailed girl slowly reached up to her cheek before brushing away the light trail of tears that had formed. When did she start crying? She couldn't remember…

Reaching for her gourd, the sullen girl pulled it to her lips before drinking small, shallow sips from its endless reservoir before letting it thump to her side as she lay still. She looked, different than before. Perhaps telling her this was a mistake. It didn't look like the girl wanted to say anything else.

"P-Poppy… that's enough, you don't need to tell me anymore." Letting her eyes roll downward as she looked at Abby, the Oni frowned as she stared at the human distantly. "W-Why do you humans lie…?" Stiffening, the teen was rather silent now as she was asked such a question.

"P-Poppy… W-We don't always lie. I mean, we're not perfect… but not all humans are liars if that's what you're asking." Hearing a quiet growl escape past the child's lips, Abby shivered. She felt like her safety might be jeopardized… Perhaps Eve had made a mistake after all… It didn't look like the Hominal was as fond of humans as she let on after all.

Scowling down at her, Poppy huffed as her eyes closed once more. "If not all you humans lie… then why did my Daddy say he loved me and Mommy… and then help the other humans kill her…" Shuddering as her body froze up, Abby paled as her eyes widened in shock.

"W-W-What…?" Screaming in fright as the Oni's hand slammed into the wall beside her, the brunette shivered in fear as she saw the dark eyes the Hominal wore. "Daddy said he loved Mommy… and he said he loved me too… but then some of you humans showed up to our cave one day… They wore shiny clothes and pointed weapons at Mommy. They said they wanted her… her…" Furrowing her brow, Poppy grunted as she tried to recall the word.

"Booty… barracks… baby…" "B-Bounty…?" Cringing as she saw the girl's eyes widen in anger, Poppy slowly nodded. "Yeeeeah… Bounty… they said they wanted my Mommy to give them her bounty. But, I don't know what a bounty is…" She mumbled bitterly.

Looking downward as the realization dawned on her now, Abby nodded. Bounty's were put out on Monsters who gave local villages trouble. It was what made Monster hunting such a successful profession.  Groups would get together and they would go out to track down whatever Monster they had opted to kill… and then bring back a part of it, or in some cases the whole creature as proof for their reward.

Most of the patients she and her Master worked on in their shop were hunters actually. Feeling a pang of guilt for some reason, Abby looked back up at Poppy as she continued to stare off spitefully. "S-So… they wanted your Mom's bounty… what did she do that warranted one? Bounties are only put out when Mon-, err… Hominal or Beastial become too much of a problem for the people of towns or caravans on the roads. From what you've told me… you and your parents lived peacefully in a cave somewhere, right?"

Staring down at the ground, Poppy shook her head slowly before reaching for her gourd, only for her hand to fall limply to the ground beside it. "I don't know… they just said bounty… and then they attacked." Feeling her lower jaw tremble as she saw more tears beginning to form under the Oni's eyes, Abby's hand moved down to her navel as she gently pet her.

"P-Poppy…" Sniffling, the child shook her head before baring her teeth. "My Mommy was strong… those stupid humans couldn't kill her!" She screamed startling the brunette thoroughly. She had never heard her raise her voice like that. Sputtering as she continued to shake her head, the lavender haired girl ground her teeth as she breathed raggedly.

"You puny humans couldn't stop her… she was strong. Oni's are the strongest! She fought them back and they couldn't do anything! B-But… But then…" Poppy trailed off once more as full blown tears finally broke out from her eyes. "B-But… but then…but then something stabbed her in her back. I, I remember, seeing the pain in my Mommy's face when she turned around and saw my Daddy holding a large stick. H-He stabbed my Mommy in the back…" She cried.

Feeling her blood run cold, Abby was speechless. ‘W-What, what d-did she just say…?' N-No, she couldn't have heard that right. Looking up slowly as she saw Poppy grinding her teeth, the older girl felt her lower jaw trembling again as her hands moved up to her mouth. That… that couldn't be true… r-right…

 

Right…?

 

Growling, Poppy's hand slammed into the wall next to her once more, the rocks splintering from the force she had used. "I… I loved… I loved m-my Daddy… and he said, he loved my Mommy… b-but then, you humans came… and he helped them kill her… and then, he left… left me…" She whispered before glaring at the shrunken girl.

Breathing quicker as she tried to wrap her head around this, Abby was still completely, and utterly speechless. Looking up at the younger girl as their eyes met, Abby could only whimper. Behind her golden eyes, she could see, pain. So much pain...

Sniffling, Poppy shook her head again before reaching for her gourd. Tilting her head back as she swallowed a few large mouthfuls, the Oni slammed it back on the ground before letting out a throaty hiss. "I saw… them… T-They took, they took one of Mommy's horns, and tore it off her head! And Daddy just walked out of our home with them… and left me… m-me and Mommy…" She whimpered before pulling the gourd back into her as she hugged it into her side and cried.

Sitting in silence as she digested it all, Abby felt her stomach churning. She felt, sick… Cupping her lower abdomen as she tried to relieve some of the pain she felt, the brunette trembled. This wasn't right… She said her mother made whoever this man was happy. If he was happy though, then why would he just kill her, and leave with his would be saviors…

She was confused. And Poppy was hurt. No one won in this situation. No one. The Hunters didn't slay a Monster… they murdered a Mother. And her Father… a-abandoned her… he had just left. Looking back up at Poppy as she lifted her flask up again, Abby felt her stomach continuing to churn as she began to understand a little bit more about the Hominal in front of her.

Suckling on the cap of her drink, the little Oni continued to drink its contents, and it didn't look like she wanted to stop. ‘S-She's… she's self-medicating herself.' She was drinking away the pain… Staring at Poppy as she cradled her drink closer, the Oni's eyes soon opened back up as she pulled away, a faint smile on her lips now.

"N-Na… Najia? Yeah, Najia found me later… she seemed sad… and was really nice to me. So we left, and now I'm here!" She laughed before shaking her head. Looking back at the child in a new light as she continued to cradle the gourd closer to her, Abby couldn't help but feel sorrow.

Feeling the shrunken girl shifting over her navel, Poppy looked down now before furrowing her brow. "What are you doing?" Lying flat against her skin, Abby buried her face into Poppy's stomach as she spread her arms out. It was times like this… that she hated being at her current height… because she wanted nothing more right now, then to hug her.

Sniffling as tears dripped down from her own eyes now, Abby said nothing as she tried to embrace the larger girl. She wanted to comfort her… She wanted nothing more than to make her forget her pain. Staring down at the smaller girl, Poppy frowned as it dawned on her what the teenager was doing.

"K-Knock it off… I-I'm fine…" "No… you're not. I-I-I'm so, s-sorry…" Abby whispered as she buried her face further into the Oni girl. She didn't care if her skin was sweaty and humid. She didn't care about the salty taste entering her mouth or nose. She didn't care about anything… but her right now.

Looking down at Abby as she tried to embrace her, Poppy felt her sadness returning. Reaching for her gourd, the lavender haired girl lifted it up weakly before letting it fall back to her side, a light trickle of tears escaping her eyes once more.

Staring down at the human on her stomach as she began to cry, Poppy quietly sighed. "Why… Why did Daddy say he loved Mommy… a-and then betray her… W-Why did he do it…? Abby?" Raising her head up, the diminutive girl shook it. "I-I don't know… B-But I'm so, sorry… I'm so sorry…I-I'm so s-sorry…" She repeated. It hurt her… for more than one reason.

For all she knew… those hunters could have been people she treated. She and her Master combined had helped over a thousand plus people… and in doing so… just how many Hominal and Beastial had their actions hurt?

Biting her lip, Abby sniffled as she continued to shake her head. Ignorance was bliss. When they were Monsters, she didn't care. She wanted them all to die. But… but they weren't Monsters damn it! Looking back up at Poppy as the disheartened girl stared down at her weakly, Abby cried even harder.

She was so sorry! Feeling a gentle patting on her back, the brunette whimpered as she was gently picked up. Lying limply in the Oni's hand as she was brought up towards her face, Poppy stared her over before smiling weakly.

"I miss my Mommy… but I'm glad I met Najia… and I'm glad I met you. You're a nice human." She whispered. Croaking as she gasped for air, Abby wanted to shake her head, but the younger girl would have none of that. Pressing the miniature girl into her cheek, the lavender haired Oni hugged her gently into her skin as she sighed.

"I… I hate my Daddy now… and I thought I didn't like you, Humans, either. The Humans who came into our home weren't happy to see us. They just wanted to hurt my Mommy… and if I wasn't hiding… they might have tried to hurt me too. I-I wish I helped her though…" She whispered weakly.

Pinching her cheeks, Abby nuzzled her face against Poppy's as she hugged her tighter. "P-Please… please don't give up on us… us Humans. I-I'm so sorry… b-but I swear we're not all Monsters." But, even she was having trouble believing her own words anymore. Every time she met a new resident of these caves… they proved to her time and time again that it wasn't them who were Monsters… but her own kind…

It hurt. She still felt it, her pain. Sobbing softly into the larger girl, Abby shook her head as she tried to comfort her. Somehow, it felt like she was the one being comforted now not the other way around. How messed up was that.

"I know that. You're not a Monster. You're my friend." Stiffening, Abby slowly pulled her face back before looking up at Poppy now in silence. Grinning carelessly, the Oni giggled before pushing the human back into her cheek so she could nuzzle her longer.

"You said to decide for myself, and I did! You're nice. I like you." She chirped, her prior demeanor now resembling what it was before compared to what it had just been. Just how much pain was she hiding from her? How much was she hiding from the others?

Shuddering at the thought, Abby sniffled before hugging Poppy tighter. She wanted to make her feel better. She wanted to make them all feel better. She hated it. She hated this world she was now a part of. Now she knew the truth…

All Hominal and all Beastial… were prey. ‘W-We prey on them… not the other way around.' They needed Humans to survive… But Humans didn't need them. So they hunt them. They shun them for being different. 'We despise them… even when they love us back.' It wasn't fair!

Rubbing Abby gently as she cried into her cheek, Poppy slowly began to frown. "Don't be sad. Being sad is no fun! You should be happy, like me!" She laughed before her hand moved back towards her gourd. Sniffling, the brunette shook her head gently.

‘Y-You're not happy though… you're just trying to forget the pain…But she didn't know that.' Lifting her drink up gleefully, Poppy laughed gaily before pulling Abby off of her cheek. "Now a deals a deal! You have to share a drink with me! That's how you become friends with an Oni! When two people share a drink, their buds!" She grinned.

Wiping her tears from her eyes, Abby soured a bit as she listened to the gleeful girl's giggles. "I-I'll still drink with you… b-but, but you can't just drink away your pain Poppy. I-If you ever, EVER, want to talk to someone… please, talk to me. I, I'm sorry for what happened to you… and I, H-H-Hey!" Abby screeched as she was suddenly cut off.

Dropping the Human back onto her stomach, Poppy's eyes shifted away from her now as she set her gourd back down. Looking forward towards the lower entrance to the cave that led down to its other chambers, the Oni's golden eyes watched as she observed a shape slowly coming forward.

Skidding down the pink skinned girl's sweaty belly once more, Abby huffed angrily as she looked back up at Poppy. "W-W-WHAT WAS THAT FOR! I WAS JUST TRYING TO-"Abby…" Furrowing her brow as she was cut off, the teenager paused as she saw the strange look on the child's face. She looked, serious. Her juvenile demeanor was gone and now replaced with a much darker one.

Was it something she said? Pointing wordlessly towards the path that led up to them, Abby had to squint as well as she saw something walking forward. As the shape came into view, all blood drained from the teenagers face as she saw the one person she had hoped to never see again…

Stepping past the archway of the small tunnel, Ebon walked into the room as she walked forward slowly, her left leg limply dragging against the dirt as she moved and slinked forward. Looking up as she saw the entrance to the caverns already open, the Dragon girl glanced over towards Poppy in confusion before her slitted eyes locked on to the small shape resting on her belly.

Feeling her eyes widen, Ebon's mouth opened up as she bared her fangs. "What… is the meaning of this… what are you doing Poppy… what are you doing with that Human!" She roared angrily, her voicing still carrying well with the entrance of the cavern beside them.

Trembling in terror, Abby felt her breath coming out in short gasps as she began to hyperventilate. It was her… Ebon was here… and this time, Eve wasn't with them. Screeching as she was grabbed from behind, Abby soon calmed as she continued to tremble. It was just Poppy…

Picking the smaller girl up gently, Poppy's expression remained as she stared the Dragon down. "Going out?" Growling as her question was ignored, Ebon took a shaky step forward as one of the legs under her gently shook. "Answer me!" She roared once more. She looked furious…

Standing up slowly, the Oni stood at her full height now as she looked back down at the A class Hominal. She was surprisingly tall for her age... "I'm spending time with my friend." She whispered quietly. Her tone was genial, but both girls knew it was anything but friendly.

Raising her scaled hand forward, the black Dragon girl hissed as sparks of fire began to glow inside her mouth. "Give her to me. She's not your friend. She's deceiving you, and deceiving us! She, is, Human! She will betray us the first chance she gets…" Ebon whispered venomously.

Shivering in fear, Abby looked back up at the Oni now as her golden eyes flicked back down towards her. Shaking her head slowly, Abby whimpered as she saw a pang of animosity in her eyes. ‘N-No… I-I wouldn't…' She would never do that to them…

Feeling her fear relieved as a small smile found its way to her face, Poppy soon grinned before shaking her head. "Nope. Abby's my friend! Though, we haven't shared that drink together yet…" "I-I'LL TAKE THE DRINK, I'LL TAKE THE DRINK!" Smirking as she heard the frantic noises the brunette was making, Poppy giggled.

"Sorry Ebon, I'm keeping her with me!" She grinned. Looking back at Poppy with widened eyes, the Dragon girl growled louder before walking forward. "I wasn't asking you… Give, her, too, me!" Eeping as she was shifted downward, Abby turned her head in surprise before screaming in disbelief as she was deposited into the child's loincloth.

Dropping the smaller girl into the tiger stripped folds of her undergarments; Poppy hummed as she stretched her body out tiredly. "I already told you. I don't wanna!" Blushing furiously as her head popped back up, Abby shuddered as she felt the Oni's sweat coating her naked form from head to toe. She was completely drenched! Just how humid were these caverns?!

Gazing up at the pink skinned girl as she lazily moved around to shake her body out, her surprise was evident as she saw her reaching behind her for something. "Eve said to keep her special person safe. And Abby is my special person now too! So you can't have her. Kaaaay?"

Growling in short bursts Ebon's wings un-furrowed behind her before she kicked off the ground. That wasn't the answer she expected to hear! Crying in fear for the Oni as the Dragon was about to fall on top of her, Poppy could only grin before swinging her right arm forward.

Watching the scene unfold in front of her, the teenager was rendered speechless. Wielding a large metallic bat… no, mace… the Oni girl swung it into the Dragon with ease as the muscles beneath her arms revealed themselves. There were most certainly there…

Slamming her bludgeon into the startled girl's stomach, she didn't stop there, however, as she made a full turn with her body before slamming the child into the wall behind her. Gawking as she watched the wall crack into a spider web from the force, any voice Abby had left was completely and utterly gone.

What did she just witness! Where was she keeping that thing!? It was almost twice her size! Pulling her mace back and propping it on her shoulder like its weight was irrelevant to her and her alone, Poppy grinned from ear to ear. "Mommy's kanabo hurts, doesn't it? I won't let you near my friend, kaaaay?" Falling from the wall as she landed on her back in pain, Ebon hissed as she felt her insides were churned. Not even Eveline had hit her that hard before…

Lifting the large war like club off her shoulder and pointing it at the Dragon as she slowly began to rise, Poppy's grin widened as she saw the scaled girl fall back into the wall as she panted. "So whats it going to be?" Taking long and deep breaths, the Dragon's fiery eyes traveled back down to Abby as she glared at her hatefully.

"I-I'll… k-kill you… I won't let you endanger us… you're a plague…" She whispered bitterly before crawling along the wall as she made her way towards the entrance of the open cave. Keeping her weapon pointed forward, Poppy watched silently till Ebon disappeared past the entrance and eventually from sight altogether.

Sighing, the Oni let the club fall to the floor causing a small crater to form beneath it much to Abby's disbelief. She was a lot stronger than she let on... What the hell was that thing made of?! Flopping back onto the ground, the lavender haired girl shook her head before looking back down at her undergarments.

 

"You alright?"

 

Panting softly as she felt her heart slowly returning back to its usual pace, Abby flopped forward weakly before nodding. "Y-Yeah… I, I think… H-H-Hey Poppy…?" Nodding, the Oni looked down again as she saw the girl resting her back against her loincloth as she tried to relax. That had been just as terrifying as the first time she met Ebon… and every time since…

 

Licking her dry lips, Abby glanced up to the Oni before smiling weakly.

 

"I-I think I'll take that drink now…"

 

 

To be continued.

 

 

End Notes:

 

 

I hope you all liked it. :)

 

As usual give me a like and tell me what you think. There will be more :P

 

See you all shorty... I hope, xD

 

Another round! by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

Hey everyone, welcome back. :D

 

Sorry for the late up post. I have some stuff going on with my family at the moment and I really can't find the time where I am for writing. It took me over a week just to get what I needed done for this chapter. And even then I was worried it wouldn't be enough.

But after showing it to F.W. he approved and said he liked it so I hope you all like it to. :D

 

I'll try to update sooner if i can but for the time being I don't know when that might be...

 

I'll try to see you all again soon.

 

Enjoy!

 

 

 

 

"Another one!"

 

‘Cough, cough, cough…' "P-Poppy, s-slow down, I-I can't keep up!" ‘Cough!'

 

Laughing jovially as she tipped her gourd up to the sky, the pink skinned Oni guzzled down another mouthful of her drink before slamming it into the ground in front of Abby. "Y-Your turn! ‘hic~'." Panting as her face flushed red, the little brunette rubbed her temple as she felt her senses growing fuzzy.

‘S-So this is what it feels like to be intoxicated…' She hated it already. Lying naked in the small saucer the Oni had given her earlier, the shrunken girl's arms and legs hung out as her midriff was submerged in pale watery liquor. It was unlike any she had ever seen before. Her Master certainly didn't drink this stuff… Hell, she was wondering if anyone but this Oni girl did. This was some strong shit…

Resting her head against the base of the saucer, Abby groaned as she tried to remember how it even got to this point. ‘W-We… we said, one, drink…? I-I think…' Shaking her head, the teenager rubbed her temple again for the countless time that night. She couldn't take this… it was like her mind was trying to take a break for a while but her body wasn't quite ready for that just yet.

She felt, great. Cupping her hand, the shivering girl moved the small portion up to her lips before glancing up to Poppy, her golden eyes watching her with anticipation. Sighing, she pursed her lips again before letting the sweet wine like substance enter her mouth. It tasted very rich and was savory too. If she had maybe a single drink, it might not have been that bad.

But then she had to have an Oni with her… Cringing as she swallowed again, Poppy laughed happily before moving her gourd back up to her lips. Watching as the child drank voraciously, Abby paled. ‘She's trying to kill me i-isn't she…?'

The pigtailed girl had the great idea of each of them taking drinks after one another. And through her many protests, it somehow ended up with her bathing in the damn alcohol and trying to please the Hominal as she showed off her staggering immunity to the poisonous fluids.

Slamming her gourd back on the ground again as her face grew even redder, Poppy snickered before hiccupping happily. Why was she so happy about something like that?! Pointing her finger towards Abby again, the younger girl grinned before wiggling her digit.

"Y-Your turn, A-Abby?" Saying her name somewhat clueless, the smaller girl nodded her head as she tried to remain conscious. She felt like she was going to pass out. "I-I pass… I can't drink anymore…" Scrunching her face, the pale skinned girl gave her a sour look before crossing her arms.

"But y-you said we would drink!" Giving the inebriated girl a deadpanned look, Abby nodded. "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE'VE BEEN DOING THIS WHOLE TIME?!" Immediately cupping her head as her own voice stung her ears, Abby whimpered as she gently massaged her temple. She must have been more influenced than she thought. But, she only had a few handfuls…

Pouting as she continued to point an accusatory hand her way, Poppy gripped her gourd again before raising it into the air. "This ain't drinking! We need to go until we can't remember waking up! That's what Mommy used to say!" She cheered before tilting her drink back all the way, her throat now chugging her drink as she devoured it, her endless appetite for the silky liquor never quenching itself.

‘S-S-She is trying to k-kill me…' Hanging her head in defeat, Abby groaned as she felt nausea in the pit of her stomach. The fumes were getting to her now. Before it had been sweet like fruit and honey, but now it was like a foul stench that caused her guts to churn.

Attempting to crawl out of the small dish, Abby cried as she slid back down into it. ‘W-Whoops…' Giggling softly, the brunette quickly shook her head. ‘S-Stop it Abby!' She needed to stay focused. Trying once more, the teenager had a little more luck this time as she flopped off the side and down onto the floor beside it as she caught her breath.

"Oh j-jeez… I, I think I'm going to be sick…" Cupping her mouth from the jarring movement, Abby breathed deeply into her hand as she tried to abate the motion sickness that plagued her now. Taking a few more breaths, the shrunken girl sighed as she felt the wave of sickness passing. She would be alright now.

"That's not how you drink silly!" Screeching as she was picked up by her leg and dangled upside down, Abby looked back at the flushed Oni as she giggled gleefully back at her. "You need to finish your drink, ‘hic', before… before…? Oh yeaaaaah, before I drink it for you!" She laughed, her own sentence seemingly forgotten to her as she released the smaller girl back down into her drink.

Splashing into the pale and murky waters, Abby's head popped back up as she gasped. Coughing violently, the teenager wheezed as she felt her throat burning up. She had just swallowed so much of it! Growing dizzy as her vision blurred a bit, the teenager flopped backward into the dish before closing her eyes.

"I-I can't… I just, c-can't…" She was asking her to finish a bathtub full of booze. She'd be dead by morning if she tried to do that! She wasn't an Oni damn it! Pouting as she poked the shrunken humans face, Poppy whined as she saw her ignoring her now.

"Come ooooooon, drink, drink, drink, drink!" She chanted to no avail. Shaking her head, Abby held herself steady as she cupped her stomach. "I-I'm done P-Poppy. I just, c-can't…" She stuttered softly before her head began to fall backward's.

Jolting upright as she felt her surroundings shaking, Abby looked around confused before her eyes shot open. Why was the floor getting further away?! Lifting the small dish her newest friend was on up towards her face, Poppy continued to smile as she brought the small saucer over to her lips.

"Fine, I guess you can take a break. Lightweight~." She snickered before pressing the dish against her pale lips. "P-Poppy, wha… what are you, do… doing?" Abby mumbled out, her mind not entirely there as she tried to piece together the child's actions.

Tilting the dish and Abby upwards, however, Poppy pursed her lips before sipping the remaining liquor the smaller girl had failed to finish. Watching in fascination as she got an up close view now, Abby shivered as she watched the alcohol swirl in a small circle as it drained into the Oni's mouth. Reaching forward towards it, Abby's reddened cheeks darkened as she saw her lips presented to her. They looked kind of inviting…

However, as she leaned closer, the smaller girls hand slipped against the slick dish before she screeched and fell forward. Coughing, Poppy's eyes shot open as she sucked on the surprise intrusion in her mouth. Crossing her eyes as she looked down, the Oni soon burst into laughter as she released Abby from her lips. She had fallen half way in her mouth and her feet had been dangling out! That was hilarious!

Flopping into the Oni's sweaty belly as she bounced off her pudgy skin, Abby coughed as she groaned in pain. Her nose really stung. The younger girl's mouth smelled like a brewery! Looking up at the crying girl as she giggled uncontrollably, however, Abby couldn't help but smile before she burst into laughter herself.

Laughing together, both Hominal and Human smiled as they enjoyed each other's presence. That had been kind of fun. "Kyaha, we should drink together every day!" Poppy exclaimed excitedly before Abby laughed even louder.

"N-Not a chance! Heh, I can't even stand!" She chuckled weakly as she laid panting on the younger girls belly. Nuzzling her cheek against her skin, Abby took shallow breaths as she felt her body heating up. She knew this feeling. It was pleasant, and, familiar…

"H-Hey, Poppy? Are you still thirsty?" Staring down at the brunette, the lavender haired Oni nodded as she reached for her gourd. "Always!" Giggling she brought her flask up to her lips before tilting it back once again. Waiting for her to finish as she watched her throat twitching with her every gulp, Abby smiled.

"W-Well… You know, I-I'm supposed to feed you, right?" She trailed off quietly as her reddened cheeks somehow flushed further. Letting the gourd fall to her side, Poppy turned her head confused before scratching her hair. "Huuuuuuh? Your food? But you're Poppy's friend now! We shared a drink! Kyehehe~."

Shaking her head weakly, Abby smiled before rolling onto her back. "Not like that you twit! Like t-this!" Abby snapped in a fluster as she moved her legs apart. Looking back down at her now, Poppy's golden eyes looked at her quim in understanding.

Shivering as she watched the colossal Oni girl lick her lips, Abby nodded. "Y-You need Energy, right? W-Well, I have it!" Looking up at Poppy as she chewed on her finger, a light whimper escaping her lips, the pale skinned girl quickly nodded.

"C-C-Cuuuuute… I-I can have a taste?" Nodding slowly, Abby shuddered as she soon felt her surroundings shifting. Scooping the older girl up off her belly, Poppy moved her in front of her face before peering between her legs, her whimpers turning into soft moans as she continued to bite her digit.

"I've never had Human essence before. You do look good…" She whispered, before sniffing between Abby's thighs much to her embarrassment. Was she sampling her like a fine wine or something!? "P-Poppy! D-Don't do that…" Opening her eyes back up, the Oni scowled before shaking her head.

"Why not? You smell nice. I like your scent!" She chirped happily. Blushing, Abby shook her head before looking herself over. "I-I'm covered in sweat, grime, and alcohol! Don't say that!" She snapped angrily but the younger girl could only giggle.

"Kyeheheh~, Cuuuuute~. I smell those things to silly, but I mean your scent! You smell like… vanilla!" Looking back up at Poppy gob smacked, the shrunken teenager tried to process her words before yipping as Poppy moved her right under her nose.

Taking a deep sniff of her once more, Poppy shivered excitedly before nuzzling the human against her cheek. "Yep, vanilla! That's your scent!" Prying her face off of hers, Abby shook her head confused before lifting her arm up and sniffing it.

‘A-All I smell is that alcohol on me.' What the hell was she talking about? Moving the flustered girl off of her, Poppy soon brought her down to her navel before pressing her back against her plump belly. "Here, you can smell my scent now!" She giggled absently as she began to rub the smaller girl back and forth over her tummy.

Panting as her face was smooshed around, Abby soon began to moan. H-H-Her breasts… t-they were… they were rubbing against her… Feeling her petite chest being massaged against the girls slick and sweaty flesh, the teenagers hissed as she felt her excitement growing.

"P-Poppy…" Attempting to speak, however, she was soon forced to let her tongue trail over the Hominal skin, her sweat dripping into her mouth as she tasted the salty fluids. Coughing as the sour flavor invaded her mouth, the brunette gagged. Her sweat tasted like it was made of alcohol!? Just how much did she drink to make that possible?! It shouldn't have been, to begin with!

Giggling in light gasps, Poppy soon quieted as she felt her companion's minuscule movements. Pulling her face back so she could see her, the Oni soon squinted. "Are you licking me? Awwwww, you like my scent too, don't you! So cuuuuuute~." She whined happily.

Panting in exhaustion, Abby tried to shake her head, but she was just too damn tired. Crying out as her face was smooshed back against her navel, Poppy continued to giggle as she stroked her face around in small circles on her skin.

"I know what to do with you Abby~. Since we like each other's scents, how about she share them?" She chirped gleefully. Hearing her words but not fully comprehending them, Abby chose not to speak, less her mouth be invaded once again by the Oni's potent body fluids.

Moving Abby downward as she kept her face pressed against her skin it wasn't long till she reached the waistband of her loincloth. Pulling her face up as she spat and sputtered from the sweat dripping down her face, the teenager looked down in trepidation as her words finally dawned on her.

‘S-She wants to mate…?' Crying out as her silent question was seemingly answered for her, the brunette watched in shock as the pale skinned girl pulled the front of her ratty undergarments down before sliding her forward, the Oni's slick skin making a sort of slide for her ushering her down below.

Falling into the humid loincloth, Abby soon collided with an all too familiar fabric as she flopped against it, sweat splashing back into her face from the well-worn rag. Thrashing as she landed on her back, the shrunken girl kicked her legs in the air as she tried to right herself around in the murky leopard spattered darkness.

"P-P-Poppy!" She didn't even get a say in this!? It was humid as hell in here and hotter than a summers day! Not to mention the smell… Sniffing the thick air around her, Abby shuddered. The Oni had a strong scent all right. She didn't notice it too much the first time she was put in here because of the shock of seeing Ebon, but now her attention was undivided.

Panting loudly as she felt her core beginning to heat up, the shrunken girl shivered before her fingers gently moved over towards her thighs. ‘C-Calm d-down…' She wanted it already, she could feel it. If the little Oni didn't want to take her essence the way she wanted… then she would just have to do it her way…

Once again not being given a choice in the matter, the brunette soon found herself thrust forward as the damp wall of fabric behind her collided with her back shoving her into the younger girls folds. Smacking into the sticky mound which was Poppy's quim, a high pitched moan echoed out above her before what she could only presume was the Hominal's hand on the other side of her panties drove her forward into her.

Grunting in discomfort as her face was shoved into her fold's, Abby took another whiff as she felt her resolve shattering by the second. ‘C-C-Calm… d-down… I, I can… I can….' Moaning loudly, Abby shook her head as her arm quickly shot down to her crotch, her hand greedily petting her own quim as the fire started to burn within. She couldn't… she couldn't resist. It was just too strong.

Giving in the pleasure was immediate as Abby wailed in bliss. Pressing herself into Poppy as she wiggled against the younger girls lower lips, the little human tried to draw on any form of relief she could. She needed this!

Biting her finger as she ground her digit back and forth, Poppy whimpered in drunken delight. She didn't know a human could feel this good at this size but Abby was proving her wrong. Pushing against her loincloth as she drove her in deeper, the pigtailed girl cried in delight.

"Kyaaaaah! Y-You really like Poppy don't you~?" She mewed. It was good, she liked her too! Pulling her hand off her makeshift panties, the Oni soon moved her hand down to them as she tried to make direct contact with the smaller girl. She knew where she wanted her to be after all.

Hugging the dripping skin in front of her, Abby panted in loud gasps as her fingers wiggled inside of herself. She couldn't take it! She wasn't able to reach the itch and it was burning again! Crying out in surprise as she was forced harder into the larger girl, the haggard brunette peered through the small light above her as she saw Poppy's hand pushing her.

She wanted her… inside her didn't she…? Feeling her own pleasure spike at the thought, Abby hissed before nodding her head frantically. ‘F-F-Fine!' She needed to do what her body was telling her to or else she'd go crazy!

Forcing her arms forward much to her chagrin, Abby felt them sink into the sticky warmth that lay before her. Crying out happily, Poppy cooed loudly as she pressed against the brunette. Now she was getting it!

Shivering as she moved her head forward, Abby quivered before taking a deep breath, her face soon moving forward as she felt the Oni's outer lips press against her cheeks. Forcing her upper body in, the shrunken girl wiggled frailly as she tried to go in, but, it didn't seem like she could. It was really tight in here!

Struggling as she found herself stuck in place, the teenager soon began to panic before letting go of her breath as she screamed. Pushing Abby all the way in after her lower waist dangled out, Poppy growled audibly as her golden eyes glowed in the dimly lit caverns.

"Heh… heh… Y-You feel good. I like you in there… but I want to taste our essence please." She begged quietly as her fingers began to tug and pull on the smaller girls leg before pushing her back in again. Feeling her body thrust in and out as the dense walls around her pulsed and squeezed her tightly, Abby cried in pleasure.

‘I-I'm… I'm j-just a toy…' She was using her body like some kind of toy. This was humiliating and demeaning… and it was driving her crazy! Trying to wiggle her arm down to her quim in agony, Abby cried as she couldn't reach it. It was just too cramped. She was stuck like this for as long as Poppy wished it. And that was still driving her even further into insanity!

She couldn't take it, it was too hot now. She needed release! Letting out short throaty gasps as she drove the human both in and out of her, her pace steadily increasing as she felt the pleasurable feeling of having her quim filled up, a sudden prick inside of her soon wrenched a moan from between her lips. Clenching up around Abby as she felt more and more of the little pinches of pleasure, Poppy's tongue lulled out of her mouth.

"M-More p-please… I want more…" Gripping both her legs, the lavender haired Oni quickened her pace as she began to shove her harder inside of her. She felt it coming. Something was coming out. Biting down as hard as she could, Abby screamed through her teeth. Did this really do nothing to her?!

‘HOW THICK CAN HER SKIN BE!' This was the most sensitive place on any girl! Trying once more, Abby sunk her teeth into the Oni's tender pink folds only to have her mouth tugged off as she was forced out of her before being shoved right back in.

‘D-Damn it…' It was hopeless. She couldn't do anything. She couldn't wiggle. She couldn't elicit pleasure or pain. She was just, her toy. Crying louder as she pleasurable thought stroked her further, Abby shook her head. ‘I-I'm so d-depraved…' She wasn't thinking straight right now, but she knew that she shouldn't feel so happy about this! But her body said otherwise…

Gasping loudly as her breath came out in quiet hitches, Poppy soon tightened up as she felt it coming. "A-Abby, here it comes…" She whispered out before moving her free hand under her. Thrusting the smaller girl all the way in her as she felt her peak reached, Poppy cried out happily as she bucked into her hand. She had finally reached her climax.

Coughing as fluids invaded her mouth, Abby screeched as she was submerged in a vat of warm and sticky fluids. Thrashing around frantically as she was drowned in them, the little human coughed as she felt her throat starting to burn. She couldn't breathe!

Thankfully she wasn't submerged very long. Pulling the smaller girl out of her, Poppy panted happily as she pulled her fully out before letting her flop onto the small saucer she had used for drinking earlier that rested beneath her.

Coughing for air as she cleared her lungs out, Abby looked up in fatigue as her body was gently cascaded in the Oni's fluids, the dish beneath her catching them all as she was bathed in them. Giving her lower lips a few flicks, the Oni girl nodded before bringing the dish up to her lips with Abby in it.

"Kyaaaaaaah~, you smell delicious~. I want a taste~." She cooed before tilting the dish past her lips. Sliding along with the rest of the sticky juices, Abby shuddered as her body flopped against Poppy's mouth, her lips widening to accommodate her this time.

Falling onto the inebriated girl's tongue, the smell from before assaulted her, but, she was too tired to care, and too desperate to fight. Pressing her crotch against the wiggling tongue beneath her Abby smiled. Relief, at last, it felt so good…

Swishing her special cocktail around as she tasted hints of herself and Abby's essence mingled together, Poppy soon cupped her cheek as she moaned in pleasure. It was tasty! She could drink this all day long~. And the flavor was still changing!

Licking the smaller girl as her tongue began to bat her around gently, Poppy cooed through her closed lips. More essence was being added. She could taste the Energy tickling her tongue. It was like little prickles of static. She was sharing with her!

Bucking into the squirming pink organ beneath her, the teenager cried out in bliss as she felt her the fire being stroked as it slowly changed from a painful burning sensation to a gentle calming warmth. It was ecstasy! Moaning into the Oni's mouth as her voice vibrated all around her, Abby smiled in euphoria.

‘Y-Yes, m-more… more…' Clenching her teeth as she hugged her body against the Hominals tongue, Abby wailed happily as she let it grind into her. She was close, she was so close! Lying against the cave walls as she suckled on the giving human, Poppy's golden eyes slowly started to close as she felt a wave of sleepiness overtake her.

She was perfectly content just like this. Screaming into the lavender haired girl's mouth, Abby cried in sweet relief as she achieved her much needed release. Thrashing around in a pool of the groggy girl's saliva, the brunette soon fell limp as she panted tiredly.

"Heh… heh… heh… T-Thank you, P-Poppy…" Abby whispered shrilly before her consciousness began to fade, sleep taking its much-needed toll on her body from the night's activities as well. Both girls were content, Poppy where she lay and Abby resting within her.

 

They could take a small break, after sharing a few drinks together~…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Falling elegantly as her white skirt fluttered beneath her, Eve kneeled down as she landed from her last flight of the night. The morning was upon her, and her time was up. Standing up gently as she carried a large barrel beneath one arm, and a small sack in the other, the Vampire's crimson eyes traveled over to the side of the entrance as she eyed the one she was expecting to see.

Stepping over to Poppy, the blonde haired girl kneeled over her as her eyes started to scan her. "Where are you, Abby?" She didn't see her on her. Furrowing her brow as a high pitched screeching entered her ears, one only she could understand, the Vampiress scowled before rubbing the bridge of her nose.

"Why am I not surprised…? Thank you 23, you can go back to the Commons now." Hearing another screeching sound before it faded away, Eve dropped the barrel beside her before reaching over to the unconscious girl's mouth. Squirming as she hooked her finger on her mouth as she slept, the younger girl cringed from the foul smell coming from between her lips. This was disgusting…

Digging her fingers in for a few seconds, her nails soon pinched what she wanted before they started to retreat. Pulling her hand out, and with it, her shrunken companion, Eve stared down at Abby's sleeping form silently before she sighed.

"Let's get you cleaned up. I want you awake for tonight, and hopefully not impaired." There was no telling what this walking distillery had put her through. She would have to find out once her little amore awoke.

Leaving the barrel beside Poppy, Eve stood back up before wiping her fingers off on the sack in her other hand before moving Abby gently down to her shirt's pocket. The last thing she wanted to do was wake her.

 

When she woke up, she would be in a lot of pain…

 

And the last thing she wanted was to be the one who did this to her…

 

 

To be continued…

End Notes:

 

Its shorter then usual but I really like how it closed. I hope you did to. I'll try to have the next chapter up within a week or so but, I don't want to promise that either. ;-;

Please leave me your thoughts and opinions and I'll see you again soon.

 

The Morning After... by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

>.<

 

It's official, my writing time is probably going to be non-existent for the next few weeks at least... I'm sorry everyone. ;-;

I hoped that wouldn't be the case but, I just can't find the time now to do it until I go home. I'm currently staying with my family abroad until October... So, please be patient with me. >.<

 

But, I won't leave you alone. I made arrangements... as weird as that sounds. for the next few chapters, Franchise Writer will be assisting me and helping me post them when he can. Hopefully, with both of us working on them we can keep up some kind of a schedule but, I don't want to promise anything.

 

But, I know this will make up for it a little. Please enjoy, and I hope you look forward to whats to come. I'll try to be back soon, and definitely, try to post even sooner than that.

 

Enjoy!

 

 

Water was roaring... it sounded like a waterfall. There was some kind of clanging noise too, it was piercing her ears. And that smell... she could smell something putrid hanging over her face. Shuddering where she lay, Abby scrunched her face in discomfort as she was pulled from her slumber and brought into the world of the living.

Feeling her mouth parted on its own as something was forced against her lips, Abby's eyes soon shot open as she gagged. Something was being forced down her throat! Jolting up, the brunette's eyes fully widened before she screamed in pain, a coughing fit escaping her lungs as whatever it was she had drank sputtered from her open mouth.

Jumping in surprise as her *patient* suddenly awoke all on her own, Kari panicked as she watched the volatile reaction to her medicine. "A-Abby, stop, don't move!" Forcing the crying girl back down into the small bed she had made her, the toddler held her down as she scrunched her face in pain. Her head, oh god what was going on with her head! She felt like someone was poking needles into it! 

Gritting her teeth as she was forcefully restrained, the crying teenager looked up at Kari confused as she looked down at her sorrowfully. "K-Kari...?" Nodding, the dirty blonde slowly removed one of her hands before moving a small thimble down towards her.

"Shhhhh, it's alright, just be calm, and don't move." She whispered softly, almost in a whisper as she moved the small bucket sized finger piece over her lips. "You need to drink this. It's wheatgrass mixed with ginger in water. It's not going to taste good... but you need to drink it. It will help with your... your hangover..." She whispered silently, her tone neither judging nor picky about her statement but she could see the disapproval written over the witch's face.

'H-H-Hangover...?' What was she talking about? And why was her head pounding so hard! Feeling the metal of the rim press into her lips again, the teenager grunted as she opened her mouth. She trusted her not to give her anything bad, but, it was really hard to tell. This stuff tasted like death! 

Scrunching her face in agony, Abby whined as she was force fed the strange concoction once more. Her throat was burning and her eyes were watering. This was horrific! Tapping the top of it a few times to let the last of her small mix drain, Kari nodded before setting it beside the struggling girl. If worst came to worst, it would make a good puke bucket...

Rubbing the brunettes back tenderly as she tried to console her, Kari sighed as she saw her clutching her stomach and her head in pain. "I wouldn't believe it if I wasn't tending to you myself but Eveline was right. Why were you drinking? That stuff Najia makes Poppy is toxic! It's gross too, why would you have any?!" She whined. 

Panting as her stomach churned in discomfort, Abby grit her teeth as she looked up at the little witch confused. "W-What are you talking about... I, I don't know what's going on..." She mumbled weakly before cupping her mouth. 

Looking away as the older girl fell onto the thimble beside her, Kari sighed. She'd have to clean it out before using it again... Spitting as the foul taste of her insides littered her mouth, Abby shuddered on top of the metal bucket. What the hell was going on?

"Do you really not remember what happened last night?" Looking up again weakly, Abby shook her head. "I... I was with, Poppy... I-I think. But, I don't remember what happened after that. We, we were talking together... a-and then Ebon showed up all of a sudden! And then, I don't really know..." She whispered tiredly before cupping her mouth again. 

Fidgeting a bit at the mention of the black Dragon, Kari frowned as she looked over the nauseous girl. Eveline had failed to mention that little bit of detail. 'A-At least you're safe...' Well, for the most part. Heaving once more as her head fell against the rim of the thimble, Abby groaned. "A-Am I sick...?" 

Shaking her head, Kari continued to gently pat the smaller girls back as she comforted her. "It will wear off. Just make sure the next time you're with Poppy, don't drink with her. That stuff will do more damage to you then Ebon will..." She whispered facetiously.

Wiping her arm across her lips weakly, Abby panted tiredly as she tried to calm her heart rate. Each pulse of the organ felt like it was pounding her chest with a hammer. 'I-Is this really what a hangover is?' She had seen some patients before with them but this was her first ever experience with such a thing. It was horrible! But, it made sense. Even if she had never experienced one before she knew the effects. It was your body's way of going through a miniature withdrawal phase from the addictive substances... and this was the price it took. 

Feeling herself slowly picked up, the teenager whined in pain but Kari continued till the shrunken girl was gently deposited onto her hands. "I know you feel ill but we need you to wash off the rest of the gunk sticking to you. I would have done it to you when you were sleeping but Eveline said not to. After seeing how you reacted to my tonic I can see why..." She mumbled before moving over towards the waterfall at the back of the cave.

Cupping her ears in agony, Abby whimpered shrilly now. Her head, it hurt so much... Kneeling next to a small section where water trickled in, the little witch moved her down now before gently placing the teen into the clear rippling waters. As her body was submerged, a new feeling took over causing a shiver to run down from her head to her toes.

"C-C-Cold! K-K-Kari!" Shrugging her shoulders weakly, the dirty blonde scowled as she set Abby down on one of the rocks in the corner so she could sit down instead of having to stand. "What? Did you expect the water to be heated? We live in a cave! I don't like taking cold baths either you know." She mumbled defensively. 

They made do with what they had. At least they had clean water to bathe in. The ocean wasn't exactly a great second option... Shivering in the waters, her senses much more active now due to her inebriated state, Abby grumbled weakly as she cupped her arms for warmth. This wasn't that bad when she bathed a few days ago. 

'N-N-Never a-again!' This was horrific... Resting her back against the rocky wall, Kari was silent as she listened to the gentle whimpers of the teenager behind her. It was strange to hear her like this... "Did Poppy make you drink with her? Or, did you choose to do this to yourself... to your body?" She whispered softly, her eyes hanging a bit as she fretted over an answer.

Splashing some water onto her face as she wiped off the oil and sweat caking her skin, the brunette looked past the rocky cliffs before sighing, her eyes lingering on her rippling, haggard expression staring back at her. "It's not her fault, I chose to drink with her..."

Jumping up in shock, Kari quickly turned around to argue with Abby before her face lit up upon seeing her naked form. Blushing, the witch's head ducked behind the cliff as she ground her teeth. "Why would you do this to yourself, Abby! Y-You're like me, aren't you? You're supposed to be a doctor! Why would you poison yourself!" She yelled angrily. 

Cringing from the hurtful tone being directed towards her now, Abby frowned deeply as she continued to watch her reflection. She did look terrible... "I did it, so I could be closer to Poppy. She's troubled Kari... just like the rest of you. You're all very different and special girls. I can't just openly talk with all of you like you and I are now. It doesn't work like that." She muttered truthfully.

Each of them had obstacles she needed to get over. Kari with her insecurities, Casey with her hatred towards humans, Brook with her shyness towards them and need to feel wanted, and even with Eve and her silent animosities. Thankfully she didn't seem to resent her though when they met, quite the opposite really...

"None of you can be dealt with the same way. I need to show that I'm willing to go outside my comfort zone for you girls... To show that I'm willing to go out of my way and make an effort to understand you... To show you, that I'm not a bad human..." Abby whispered before looking up as Kari's head shot back up, a much angrier look present on her features now.

"BUT YOU WERE NEVER A BAD HUMAN, TO BEGIN WITH!" She cried, her face red and puffy as her anger began to peak out. Sitting silently in the water now as the little witch trembled in front of her, Abby's eyes softened. She looked like she was about to cry.

"Kari... I'm sorry. I just want to prove to you all, that I really am different. And understanding each of you is the first step I need to take. Even if that step may be painful. That’s how you bridge gaps, and how you make friends. That's how we became friends too after all." She smiled weakly.

Cupping the rocks in front of her bitterly, Kari shook her head before clenching her eyes. "N-No it wasn't! I never p-poisoned you and I didn't try to kill or hurt you either! I... I don't want you to see you in pain..." She whimpered, her anger cracking now as sadness took its place. 

Chuckling softly as it finally dawned on her why the toddler was so mad, Abby began to smile. "I'm still here Kari. And I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. It will be alright." Shivering, Kari whimpered louder before moving her hands into the cold water and plucking the teenager up much to her surprise. 

Hugging Abby into her tear stained cheek, the little witch continued to whimper as she cradled Abby protectively. She didn't want anything to happen to her. She was her friend... "P-Please, don't do something stupid again! I, I don't want you to go away! I want you to stay friends with us forever Abby!" She cried.

Feeling warmth overtake her from the younger girl's words, Abby smiled softly as she rested her forehead against the Hominals cheek, her lingering pains being ignored as she tried to console the larger girl. "Like I said, Kari... I'm still here, and we'll always be friends. I promise."

 

Nodding her head weakly, the little witch continued to cradle her close as she let her sadness come out. She never wanted anything to happen to Abby... They were friends...

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

 

 

 

Sitting atop Kari's workbench, Abby gently massaged her forehead as she looked over the large book she sat on. It took a few hours... or at least half a day, but, her headache was subsiding thankfully. It was much more manageable now. Skimming the words quietly, the brunette nodded before pointing towards the vials nearest to her. "Alright, add two tablespoons of geranium and then grind it together with the yarrow Casey brought back. That should help with any remaining blood clots Najia might still have.

Nodding quickly, Kari's fingers moved across the table as she followed instructions from the older girl. Standing up slowly, Abby stretched out her limbs as she walked over to the other side of the book to continue reading. She wasn't sure how the little Witch or more, the unconscious Kitsune managed to acquire an apothecary's medical journal but there was a staggering number of homemade recipes in here.

From what she knew and what was written in here it seemed to check out as well. Funny how even in the strangest of places she could still learn new things. 'And whoever this book belonged to was just a mortician...' It was hard to imagine what knowledge some other Doctors from wherever this person resided might know. 

Not to knock her Master down or anything but she would kill to spend some time with them for a little while. The possibilities were endless on what she might learn. But, she was content to stay here. Even now she was learning new things, and not all of it was specific to her own kind.

Gazing up at the Witch as she scrapped a small pestle into her mortar, Abby shook her head. 'Witches show their natures through their eyes when they're empowered, upset, or excited. Dullahan have split personalities when their heads are on attached or detached. Vampires were allergic to certain herbs like hawthorn and can't enter unless invited first. It was all invaluable knowledge she could take with her and appreciate. 

She would treasure it dearly. Looking her work over as she finished combining the last of the herbs together, Kari smiled happily before turning the bowl towards the teenager so she could see for herself. "How does this look Abby?" Tilting her head as she tried to see any pieces that weren't properly ground together, the older girl soon smiled.

"It looks perfect Kari. Great job." Fidgeting happily the little Witch nodded before pouring the dusty powder into a small vile before corking it for later use.  "T-Thanks... What's next!" Grunting as her hands gripped the old parchment, the brunette began to huff as she pulled on the paper to turn the page. It was kind of embarrassing this was winding her...

As the page flipped over, Abby looked over the new recipe before a scowl stretched across her features. Moving to grab the next page, Kari's hand soon stopped her as the toddler gazed down at the journal, her eyes darkening as she saw what was written to.

"Kari... go to the next recipe..." Abby whispered, her eyes shifting from the journal to the Witch... but, her sadness was evident as she read the formula. It was a poison... one used for Monster Hunters. Clenching her fists, Abby sighed before pulling on the paper harder. "A-Abby... do, do you... have you... ever made something like this, something for... Monsters..." Kari all but whispered before jumping as she felt something touch her hand.

Rubbing the toddler's fingers softly, the teenager shook her head before looking back at the journal. "No... my Master isn't like that. He would never teach me... something like this." She hissed. It disgusted her now... it really did. "He only treats the wounded people who come to him. And he would never use his knowledge for something like this. He stands indifferent towards Hominal and Beastial, he always has. I never understood it in the past, but, I respect him even more for it now."

He never openly stated his dislike for both species kind. And when she asked in the past, he told her, that they had as much a right to be here as he or she. It bothered her years back, but, he was absolutely right. Leaning into the dirty blonde's hand as she sat down, Abby smiled as she thought about her mentor. 

Something like this, he would never allow her to learn it. And she would never choose to either. "Quite the altruistic man. I wouldn't mind meeting him one day. He sounds tolerant to me, for a human that is..." Stiffening, both Abby and Kari froze as an all too familiar voice filled their ears. 

Looking behind them towards the entrance into the Witch's chambers, both girls stiffened as they saw a certain Vampire teetering into the room, her face displaying amusement for their unnerved state. It seemed her presence still troubled a few of the other residents of these caverns, but, she didn't really care. The only one she cared for, was currently sitting on the table before her.

"I'm glad you're awake and livid Abby. I feared the worst when I found you knocked out inside of that twit of an Oni's mouth." She muttered darkly. Blinking in confusion, the brunette's eyes slowly began to widen before she looked up at Kari in shock. "I was sleeping in Poppy's mouth?! Why didn't you tell me that!" Blushing furiously, Kari poked her fingers together meekly before shaking her head.

"I-I didn't think it mattered, you were passed out!" "I WAS BATHED IN SOMEONE's SPIT, OF COURSE, IT MATTERS!" Why had she failed to mention this! Blushing in sheer embarrassment, Abby groaned. "P-Please tell me I wasn't in there very long..." "Four hours and thirty-seven minutes, at least, that’s what I was informed," Eve whispered, her lips twitching into a smile as she saw the smaller girl pale.

Palming her face, Abby groaned weakly now. 'D-Damn It, Poppy!' She may not remember it but that only seemed to make it worse! Chuckling as she felt the inner turmoil inside her little amore, Eve stepped forwards before leaning onto the large workbench, her face hanging just over the fretting brunette as her fangs peeked out. 

"Don't be embarrassed~. You fed a starving girl... and enjoyed yourself while you did it~." She whispered, her lips stretching further apart as she watched the smaller girl paling. Sputtering in surprise, Abby tried to speak, but, her voice failed her as she looked into Eve's crimson pools.

'You'll receive no shame from us, remember? To us, this makes you more appealing. And I know Poppy appreciated you. Twice, in fact.' Feeling her face light up from the quip, Abby looked down weakly. What the hell was she supposed to say to that!

Watching the silent interaction between Vampire and Human, Kari soon began to fidget. "E-Eveline... I-Is everything alright...?" Shifting her gaze over to the dirty blonde now, the Vampress smiled before closing her eyes. "Everything is fine. And you filled your role as caretaker perfectly. Thank you for cleaning Abby up for me. I'd hate it if she was still... impaired, from last nights, let's say activities." She purred, her amusement never leaving the child as she blushed from the implication of her words.

Screeching as her head was suddenly touched, Kari shrunk in fear as Eve's hand gently rubbed her hair. What was going on! Scowling from her praise being reacted to this way, (not that she blamed her) the older girl pulled her hand off the little Witch before turning away.

"I'd stay a bit longer to socialize, but, I'd rather not run into a certain person who's headed here now. I'll be taking my leave, and you'll be accompanying me, Abby." Eve smiled warmly. Looking up at blonde confused, the brunette nodded before standing back up. "Where are we going? You said everything was fine... right?"

Nodding calmly, the larger girl lowered her hand for Abby to step onto before pulling it back once she did. "Indeed. I just want to spend some time with you, that’s all. Does this bother you?" Eve whispered, her eyes narrowing slightly before closing as she smiled. "No, I suppose not. Well, as I said, thank you for looking after my Abby Kari. It seems I am in your debt." She chuckled. 

Frowning as she saw her friend being taken away again, Kari lowered her eyes. "W-When will you two be back?" Raising her brow, Eve was silent for a moment before she sighed softly. "Abby will be returning sometime today, do not worry. I just want to spend a little, quality time with her. I haven't had any in so long..." She muttered bitterly.

Nodding, Kari smiled weakly now before waving to the little brunette. "Stay safe, alright?" Smiling back up at the toddler, Abby nodded before both she and Eve flickered, their body's disappearing from sight in a matter of seconds. 

Now alone, Kari sighed before turning back towards the book that had been opened. She'd have to get back to work without Abby, it seemed. Looking back at her journal, however, the little Witch paused as she saw the page that had been there before... now ripped off.

 

It, was gone?

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

 

 

 

Crinkling up the bizarre recipe she had glimpsed in the little blonde's musty book, Eve glared off in annoyance as she tore bits and pieces of the paper apart with her nails. She didn't know why that was in there but someone her age didn't need to be looking at it. She could sense the unease before she even entered the room...

As she walked down the winding halls of their caverns, the Vampires eyes soon lowered to her little passenger as the brunette sat in silence. Licking her lips briefly, the blonde smile before letting her fangs peak out once more.

"I trust you feel well Abby. No aches or pains? How about a headache or possibly sore muscles?" Looking back up at the Hominal, Abby briefly shook her head. "No, not really... why?" Shrugging her shoulders as she tried to make small talk, Eve chuckled softly.

"I have a fun night planned for us, and the last thing I want is something as frivolous as a sore throat distracting you. I want your undivided attention on this evening. I've put a lot of effort into it after all." She smiled. Looking back at the larger girl surprised, Abby was about to ask what she was talking about, but, she was answered silently by the glancing eyes of Eve.

"No. I'm not going to tell you until we get back to my chambers. Just relax, and be patient. We'll be there soon enough." Eve giggled, her voice carrying its usual tone of delight. Pouting from the lack of answer, the teenager nodded as she waited to see what was in store. Hopefully, it wouldn't be something too extravagant like last time. She still felt bad about what had happened to the dress she had made her.

Staring down at the small red ribbon tied around the shrunken girl, Eve scowled but chose not to speak. That was something she had thought about too. But, she already had it taken care of ahead of time. Tonight would be perfect, and in the end quite pleasurable.

 

Hopefully, for the both of them.

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

 

 

Looking forward as a shimmering blue light radiated off the walls in front of them, both Abby and Eve were silent as they walked, but, the brunette already knew where they were headed. Smiling warmly as they entered a large chamber with pools on all sides, a feeling of warmth traveled over the older girl as she looked down at the glowing waters.

"Are we here to see Brook? Is she joining us too?" Smirking in amusement, Eve gently shook her head as she made her way towards the waters of the center pool. "I'm afraid not. It will just be you and I. I'm just here to collect something first. Consider it a favor she owes me if you will."

Looking up at the blonde in confusion, Eve was silent once more as she peered over the rocks. "Brook, I'm back. Are you finished with your... assignment?" Waiting a few seconds for something to happen, however, the little Vampire soon began to scowl.

Picking up a small rock near the water's edge, the Vampire flipped the stone over her fingers before pointing it down towards the water. Giving the pebble a gentle flick, the rock soon shot into the pool with a loud splash startling Abby by how hard it had sunk.

"J-Jeez... are you trying to get her attention or knock her out? What if that hit her Eve!" Ignoring the minor complaints, the Vampire smiled in silence as she saw a form beginning to stir. Watching as the water started to bubble a head soon popped out as Brook looked around in confusion.

"Huh. E-Eveline! Y-You're back already?" Glaring silently at the younger girl, Eve nodded before glancing back down at Abby. "Yes, I am... Is the item I asked for ready? You said you could make it by noon and it's well past. Don't tell me you're not finished..." She whispered, her eyes glowing a faint red as her anger spiked.

Cringing, the little Mermaid quickly waved her hands in defense before pointing downward. "N-N-No, I-I finished it! I did! I wouldn't put something like this off, I swear! Plus..." She trailed off before looking over at Abby, her face changing into an enormous grin.

"I know how much fun you two will be having~." Feeling her cheeks go red, Abby looked up at Eve in surprise... but, it didn't look like she was doing much better. Blushing faintly, Eve glared at her friend before pointing her finger down at the water again.

"Get it. Now!" Laughing happily, Brook nodded before diving back underwater, her body soon melting away as she vanished from sight entirely. Closing her eyes as a throaty growl escaped past her lips, the blonde sighed before shaking her head. Her friend could be such a pain when she chose to be...

Ignoring the probing look being sent her way, Eve muted herself as she looked down at the pool for Brook to return. Thankfully the silence didn't last too long as bubbles began to drift upwards. Popping her head back out of the water, the navy haired child looked up at her friend happily before a small tendril of water rose up to meet her. 

"Here, just like you asked. It took a little time to figure out the right notes you gave me but I think I got it correct. Are you sure this is the same so-" Coughing as her head shot underwater, Eve pointed her free hand down at the water as she dunked her friends head in? 

"Now, now Brook... let's not ruin the surprise..." Eve all but hissed. Looking back at the child in befuddlement, Abby remained silent as she watched the larger girl picking up what looked to be a large shell from the water before turning away.

Popping her head back out, Brook scowled back at her friend before sticking her tongue out. "You better change your attitude! You won't win her over if you're a meanie!" Huffing as she began to walk away, the Vampiress chose not to reply as she left the Mermaids chambers. She was going to give away her gift... how else was she supposed to react to that?

"Oh, by the way, Abby!" Pausing mid-step, Eve glared before looking back over her shoulder. Letting a small sigh escape her lips, she turned back before raising her shrunken companion up. What did she want to say now?

Looking over the younger girl's fingers, the teenager smiled as she saw Brook crawling onto the shore. Hopping a bit now on the stone instead of water, Brook grinned as she stood in front of the brunette. "I wanted to say hi to you to, but this meanie here doesn't want me to! But, hi!" She giggled. 

Letting a small chuckle out herself, the smaller girl smiled back at the childish Hominal before nodding. "It's good to see you to Brook. I'll try to hang out with you a little bit longer next time I'm here, alright?" Nodding giddily, Brook smiled cheerfully before waving to her. 

"Sounds good! Make sure to bring her back here when your done Eveline!" Sighing, the blonde nodded before turning around once more. "If she so chooses, so be it.  I'll see you soon Brook." Walking out of the watery chambers quietly, both girls made it about twenty feet before the sanguine eyed Vampire stopped dead in her tracks.

"Remember to be open to new things Abby~." Brook grinned. Crying out as her body was sent backward's into her own pool, the little Mermaid sunk back into the water as Eve trembled in agitation. "D-Damn It Brook..." Growling as she stormed out of the cave, the Mermaids faint laughter echoed in her ears as she left.

 

She'd pay for that quip... oh she'd pay...

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

Stepping into an all too familiar chamber, Abby's eyes scanned the small room she now found herself in as Eve entered her sanctum. Looking over at the candles littering the walls along with one on her desk, the brunette had to wonder why she used fire to illuminate her space. All the other girls seemed to use different means. Fluorescent fungi, reflective waters, hell, even the moonlight. So why did she use candles?

"Why do I have to use something else? I don't encounter humans using glowing plants or energy laced ponds to guide them in their own homes..." Shrinking a bit from the indifferent tone Eve took to her question, the smaller girl sighed. "I was just kind of curious. I didn't mean to offend you..."

Moving over to her desk, the blonde lowered her hand for Abby to get off as she nodded her head. "I'm aware. Suffice it to say I use fire simply because it's convenient. The heat is calming to me. It can get rather chilly some days... My rooms located far below many of the other residents here. I like my privacy after all." 

Nodding in understanding, Abby slowly walked around the desk as she looked around. It was exactly how she remembered it. Perfectly stacked papers. A small pen and quill symmetrically placed on either side. The small conch gently resting at the right corner. It was as tidy as ever it seemed.

Pulling her chair out, Eve walked around before sitting down gently, her fingers lacing one another as she peered down at Abby with interest, something the brunette caught onto quickly. "I-Is everything alright Eve?" Keeping her crimson orbs locked onto the shrunken girl's teal ones for a long moment, the blonde soon relented as she closed hers first.

"I made you something, here..." Furrowing her brow as the younger girl reached under her desk, Abby watched in surprise as a small cloth was moved forward. Setting the fabric down for her, Eve's fingers withdrew as they returned to their previous place. 

"I knew you would be needing this, so I made sure to prepare once again. The material was a little vexing to find, your town isn't really known for its... imports. But, Daleport a few miles over is. Go on, tell me what you think." Her tone was soft, almost fretful as she waited for the brunette to assess her creation.

Looking down at the fabric, the teenager slowly kneeled down before moving it over to see it. It was red, a very rich red. Almost like the Vampire's eyes in front of her. Stitched intricately, a winding pattern was laced all the way through from the tight top to the freely wide bottom. Sewn in beneath it appeared to be another layer of fabric, a black one. This, however, was not made of the same material. It was much softer, almost like silk really. 'I-It feels so nice...' It was almost pleasuring just to trail her fingers over it.

Continuing to look the fabric over it soon dawned on the smaller girl just what it was she had been looking at as she saw a long zipper stretched all the way from the middle of the fabric to the top. It was a dress... she had made her another one. 

Blushing heavily as her eyes drank in the richly extravagant garment, Abby was about to say no but before her head could even turn, Eve's lips were next to her ears. "A gift is something special... it's rude to try and refuse it. I made it just for you... and you alone." She whispered, her breath washing over the trembling girl's cheek as she felt the warmth of her skin radiating off of hers.

Blushing heavily, Abby frowned as she continued to stare down at the royal dress of sorts. Was it really alright for her to take something like this? "Yes... now, put it on." Stiffening, Abby did turn around this time as she looked into the Vampire's smiling face, her fangs peeking out slightly as she gave her a wide grin.

"B-But, I-I shouldn't... W-What I mean is-" Growing silent in an instant as one of the blonde's fingers pressed against her mouth, Abby shuddered as the younger girl shook her head. "Fufufu~, I don't like it when you stutter. It ruins your voice. You have such a lovely one after all. Let me see if I can help you with that~."

Looking up at the blonde in confusion, Abby's breath soon hitched as she saw her leaning down. As her finger was pulled away, the trembling teen could only get a single word out, before she made contact. "Eve..." 

Pressing her lips into Abby's face, the little Vampiress smiled warmly as she gently kissed the shrunken girl. Shivering as a familiar warmth invaded her, Abby's mind grew hazy as she let the pleasure overtake her. Her kiss, it was so tender... so gentle. It wasn't like her usual aura of strength, it was pure and perfect serenity.

Humming happily from the thoughts being relayed back to her, Eve slowly pulled away much to Abby's chagrin, her smile never leaving as she moved her fingers up to her lips. "There we go... I believe I've set the mood now, don't you think?" 

Trembling on the desk as she panted softly, Abby looked up at Eve in silence as she cupped her shaking hands. "W-What... what was that for?" Sighing as her stutter seemingly came back again, Eve shook her head in dismay.

"Now, now... You're intelligent Abby. I think you know why you're here." Waiting for an answer and being given none, Eve's eyes saddened before she crossed her arms. "Not a clue? Perhaps you are more sheltered than I first thought. But, it comes with the territory. For tonight, we will be spending some time with one another. I've prepared everything for this evening. There will be food, entertainment, and of course, plenty of time to talk. That is the reason I brought you here, and the reason, for this~." She cooed before tapping her lips where they had just kissed.

Shivering where she sat, Abby was silent now as she processed what had just been said. Looking up at Eve in a stupor, the brunette tried to find her words, but she was just so stunned. After a few minutes of internal delay, the teenager soon found her voice, even if it was scared to speak itself. But, she had to know...

 

"Y-You're... you're keeping me here... to spend time with me... Like a d-date...?" Letting her smile widen, Eve gently shook her head before sighing in amusement. "No Abby, not like a date." She whispered before leaning her face down so it rested right in front of the trembling human.

 

 

"A, date."

 

 

 

To be continued.

 

 

End Notes:

 

Well its time, I know you've all been waiting for it, me especially. XD

 

I had to push an idea away and bump Eve up but I didn't know when I'd get the time to write it with my current circumstance. At least like this, you can expect to see some more chapters soon.

I hope you can be patient with me, I'll try to update soon.

 

Bye guys. :)

 

A Date With Destiny. by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

 

Hello, hello~

 

I can't believe I'm back here so soon, trust me, no ones more surprised then me. XD

Franchise Writer really came through for me, and I want to make sure everyone reading this is aware. This chapter, and the next one after will be done completely by him. He took his time to help me with this so please, give him a thank you in the comments. I couldn't have wrote this better myself and I'm really happy he's doing this for me.

 

Thank you Senpai! T^T

 

I'm still in a bad spot writing wise so there isn't much I can say on when i'll be back, but, I have faith in F.W. He's never let me down. :p

So please, enjoy his chapter. :D

 

 

 

 

Sitting in absolute silence, Abby was mute as she tried to process what was happening in front of her. She had been caught completely off guard, something Eve seemed to take great pleasure in. Setting different items down across her desk, the little Vampire smiled coyly as she prepared for the evening to come. One way or another, this was going to be a strange night to remember.

Looking down at her dress weakly, the brunette frowned as she touched the silky attire she found herself in. ‘T-This feels so wrong…’ It was a dress made for nobility. It certainly wasn’t for someone like her. She was a lower class villager… well, she was an orphan. If anyone caught her in something like this she’d be branded either a thief or worse, a prostitute…

It just wasn’t right. She was never one for dressing up, to begin with… and in the end, she felt embarrassed to be seen in something like this. It just wasn’t right for someone like her. She was just-

“Abby…”

Jumping from the sharp tone she heard, the teenager looked up meekly as her eyes met with Eve’s bloody ones. She didn’t look happy with her. Moving a small set of linens next to the desk, the blonde’s eyes narrowed as she looked the shrunken girl over.

“That dress was made special by me. I spent hours on it, as I do with all my other works. I take pride in what I create. And that dress was made for you. Be you a princess, a peasant, or simply, Abby… It was made for you and you alone. Do not let me hear you say you are not worthy of it. You’ll ruin the night otherwise… and I spent far too much time planning our evening together to have that… Understood?” She warned.

Shivering from the rare hostile tone she took with her, Abby nodded weakly once more. ‘I-I… I’m sorry…’ Nodding her head wordlessly, the Vampiress started setting things up once more as she finished preparing their date.

Sitting in silence once again, Abby’s teal eyes looked up at Eve sadly as she saw her confident visage. How did she make it look so easy? She dressed like royalty, acted superior but not arrogant, and she gave off an aura of confidence. Even now her usual clothes were cast aside, and new regalia took its place.

Draped in an elegant dark maroon dress that rippled and shred near her shoulders and chest, the little Vampire walked around her chambers in peace as she swayed her hips to her movements. Someone like her, she belonged to that cast… Unlike her…

“What did I tell you about thinking yourself unworthy Abby…?” Lowering her eyes as her mind was invaded once more, the teenager simply shook her head. “I-It’s hard not to. You make this, all of this, look so easy. I mean, just look at you! You’re wearing whatever that is like it’s your skin! B-But, but this…” She trailed off as she gently tugged on her own red dress.

“This, it isn’t me. I-I’ve never worn anything like this. I feel so embarrassed!” Setting a bucket down beside her chair, Eve said nothing as she moved the small sack she had been carrying on it as she submerged its contents in the ice inside. Leaning back up, the Vampires eyes trailed back over to her shrunken guest before she sighed.

“Abby, do not compare us. We are two entirely different people. I wear what I want because I know what I like. For someone like you who’s been sheltered her whole life… No, you’re not like me. At the first sign of conflict, you ran instead of fought. As the first trouble reared its head, you cried instead of choosing to face it head-on. You act weak because you used to be… but, not anymore.”

Looking up at Eve confused, the blonde smiled softly as she leaned onto her desk, her fangs peeking out between her lips. “You flock to what you think is bravado, yet you fail to realize that what I own is my own and no one else’s. For you to compare is trivial. You have your own confidence inside of you yet you simply can’t see it. But I can.” She purred.

Moving back over to her desk, Eve’s face smiled down at her as the larger girl trailed her finger underneath the brunettes chin. “You belittle yourself, but in just a few days you’ve done things others simply cannot, myself included. You’ve looked past the outside of what us Monsters appear to be, and tried to see us for what we really are. Tell me, is that not bravery at its root?”

Casting her eyes downward, Abby was silent as she let the younger girl’s words ring in her ears. “B-But… That’s not-““Not what? Confidence? Conviction? You’ve always thought little of yourself; I can see that clearer than you can. Hiding behind books, keeping others away from you… You lack the resolve to confront your fears, but I won’t stand by and let you hide behind them any further.” Eve whispered her tone sharp and succinct.

Releasing the shrunken human's chin, Eve backed up before crossing her arms. “You fear rejection. Not in the sense of someone turning you down, but how society sees you. You’ve struggled so hard to make something of yourself. Orphaned Abby, parents gone, a useless extremity that forgot to perish with her family. This is not what you are!” She snapped, her fangs peeking out now as her ire rose.

Sighing audibly, the blonde tucked a lock of her orange hair behind her ears as her eyes locked back onto the brunette’s startled ones. “I’ve told you time and time again. Within these walls, there is no shame, no blame, and no judgment. You are amongst the scum of the earth as your society dictates. Who are we to judge you when you have shown nothing but care and understanding, the very things your so-called society doesn’t seem to know how to do?”

Letting the question hang, Eve’s eyes narrowed as she saw the shrunken girl trying to speak but she just could seem to get anything out. “To answer, we can’t. And more importantly, we won’t.” Kneeling in front of her desk, Eve’s expression softened as she moved her fingers over the teenager’s cheeks, her fingers once again tenderly brushing her face.

“You know this to be true, so for just one night, let yourself enjoy. Be open to the little pleasures we can give you. Let us take a turn to show you we care… that I, care…” Feeling her jaw trembling as she tried to say... anything, Abby whimpered softly as she leaned into Eve’s touch.

“I-I’m sorry…” Smiling, Eve chuckled softly before shaking her head. “There’s nothing to apologize for. Just relax, and let me show you a good time~.” Nodding timidly, Abby frowned as she felt the Vampire’s hand leave her cheek. She was really beginning to like when she did that to her. Her gentle hands had an absurd calming effect on her nerves, and it seemed her touch was addictive too.

Smirking, Eve kept her mouth shut as she was fed the smaller girls feelings. She was quite thrilled to know this. Standing back up, the Vampiress grabbed the last of what she needed before moving back to her chair once more.

Setting a small silver dish down to the side, Eve moved a candle up onto the end of the desk before the flame flickered to life much to Abby’s surprise. “Fufufu~, pyro-kinesis. It's weak, but lighting a candle is well within my ability to do. Najia has many talents and affinities. It’s only natural I picked up some after how long we’ve been together.” She snickered.

Watching the flame dance against the wick, Abby was silent for a moment before directing her eyes back to Eve’s. “How long have you known Najia? The others told me you’ve known her the longest out of everyone here.”

Tapping her fingers against her desk gently, Eve was quiet as she thought about her answer before eventually closing her eyes. “Perhaps, it's best we talk about other things for this evening. Our date takes precedence… and I don’t want to bring up past troubles into the mix.” She muttered darkly.

Frowning as her question was dodged point blank, Abby nodded before thinking of something else to say. “Have you ever had any dishes from other countries Abby?” Blinking, the brunette looked up confused but she could see the amusement and curiosity written over Eve’s features.

Shaking her head softly, the little Vampire chuckled before resting her chin in her palm. “I figured not. The stable I see most villages eating is about the same as us Hominal. Meat, venison or pork, vegetables, carrots or potatoes. So simple yet life-giving. But, there's more to this world than just the basics. Such is a cuisine like this~.”


Following the blonde's movements as her hand moved to the large silver dish, Eve pulled the lid away to reveal what was beneath. Almost immediately the smell assaulted the shrunken girl's senses. It smelled almost, fruity. Sniffing the succulent aroma, Abby’s mouth watered involuntarily as she looked at what it was the blonde has brought them.


Resting on the silver plate was a piece of perfectly cooked fowl, a faint yellow & orange tint dusting the top as a tantalizing hint of citrus entered her lungs. Feeling her stomach grumble from just seeing it, Abby blushed. “What is it? It looks amazing.”


Smirking, Eve picked up the knife at the side of the dish as she gently began carving the tender chicken, its juices beading out as it was severed apart. “Pollastro Arrosto~. It’s a dish I adorned years ago and I have to say coming back to it now, it still holds a certain, allure to it I find after so long. It’s a rare delicacy over here. The preparations to make it can take days.” She chuckled. Cutting off a small piece of the corner, the blonde made sure to dab it into the orange sauce that surrounded it on the side as she tried to get as much of the flavors she could for the smaller girl.


Moving the tiny cut onto one of the linens she brought over, the Vampiress set it in front of Abby before smiling back at her. “There’s a fine line between eating and dining. I’ll show you which this is by nights end.” Hearing the faintest giggles leave the larger girls throat, Abby blushed as she stared down at her meal.


She wasn’t going to lie, this looked better than anything she had ever made. “H-How did you do this…? Eve, this looks delicious. Did you make this yourself?” Looking back up at the blonde, Abby expected to see her usual knowing smile, but in fact, she saw the exact opposite.


Pouting quietly, Eve was silent as her eyes darted away. Sighing through her nose, the Vampire shook her head as her crimson orbs traveled back over to their meal. “N-No… I didn’t make it. Not for lack of trying. It’s been years since I last saw how this was made, and regretfully, I have not retained the knowledge of how to craft a meal such as this. Never the less, I assure you it will taste wonderful. That’s a promise I wouldn’t have been able to make if I served you mine…” She muttered bitterly.


Feeling her lips twitch into a smile now, Abby snickered as she heard the envy in the younger girls tone. It was kind of cute. Ignoring the faint laughter beneath her, Eve shut her eyes before moving to cut herself a piece as well. “Please, feel free to eat as much as you’d like. Acquiring this wasn’t easy, and I’m afraid it might be a period before you have it again.”


Nodding, Abby looking back at her meal before pulling off a piece to eat. As the tender meat tore apart in her fingers, the teenager gawked as it touched her tongue. Shuddering from the juicy flavors assaulting her tongue, Abby moaned softly as the delicious meat wade in her mouth. She had really never had something like this before.


The chicken was perfectly cooked, the meat was dripping with juices, and the orange sauce was in fact orange. The fruity tartness of its juices seemingly complimented the succulent and rich flavors of the fowl making the combination on her tongue explode. Sweet, bitter, delicious… there were just too many words to describe such flavors as this. All and all, it was delectable. Watching with joy as she saw the pleasure dancing across her shrunken guests face, Eve smiled quietly as she moved an empty glass up onto the table.


“Appealing, is it not? You won't find anyone in your town willing to make such a dish. It’s a shame really…” She sighed. Nodding her head along with Eve’s words as she ate, Abby looked back up at the Vampire as she began pouring herself something to drink.


However, as she watched her, the brunette's eyes widened… and her stomach dropped. Tilting the bottle she held down into her clear glass, Eve’s eyes followed the liquids fall as she watched its scarlet contents drain into the cup. ‘Is… is that, b-blood…?’


Pausing mid-poor, Eve’s eyes flickered in confusion before looking over to Abby as she saw the startled expression she wore. Scowling, the Vampire finished pouring her drink before tilting the bottle back up and setting it off to the side.


“I didn’t think stereotypes would cause you distress… not after everything you’ve been through…” Eve muttered darkly. Looking up at the younger girl worriedly, she soon sighed. “It's not blood… I wouldn’t do something as vulgar as drinking that in front of you. Don’t be naive.” She growled.


Frowning as she was scolded for her thoughts, Abby watched in silence as Eve brought the clear crystal glass up to her lips, the rich noir colors within swirling gently beneath her nose as she sniffed it. Sighing happily, the blonde moved it over to her mouth before taking a tentative sip, her lips controlling how much she drank before moving the glass back down to the desk.


“This is simply fruit extract Abby. The fruit is known as Vitis vinifera, or more commonly known as Servanin, species-wise that is that’s been fermented for a prolonged period of time.” She smirked before gazing down at the clueless teenager beneath her. Sighing as her words were practically received in a different language, Eve set her glass down before lifting the bottle back up for Abby to see. “It’s wine.” She chuckled. Looking between the bottle and Eve slowly, the brunette soon shrunk as it dawned on her. It was a wine bottle after all. Looking down timidly as she felt shame fall over her, Abby bit her lip

“I-I’m-““No need to apologize… I suppose it might have looked, suspicious… I won’t fault you. But please, try to not confuse me for someone who would do something so distasteful in the presence of her date.” Feeling her cheeks brighten in an instant, Abby nodded weakly as she saw the large grin Eve wore with pride.

‘D-Date… y-yeah, that’s right… w-we’re on a date…’ She kept forgetting that key fact. Something she really shouldn’t. Moving her glass back up to her lips, Eve took a small sip of her drink as her eyes traveled back down the smaller girl, her thoughts in disarray after their awkward interaction.

“You look so beautiful in red Abby. It makes your umber locks stand out like an oak in a field of greenery. Elegance, amongst a sea of lush, verdant, perfection~.” Feeling her breath quicken, Abby shivered as she looked up at Eve, their eyes meeting as the little Vampire smiling down at her affectionately.

“U-Umm… Uhhh, t-t-thank you… You… you look, cute too.” Abby stuttered out awkwardly. She wasn’t one to receive compliments very often, let alone had she ever even heard a statement like that! What was she supposed to say back?!

Giggling melodiously, Eve leaned down till her face was pressed against her palm, her eyes never leaving the smaller girl as she looked on at her with care. “I don’t like when you stutter, I think I’ve said that before. But, it just makes you cuter when you do it out of embarrassment~.” She cooed.

Blushing heavily, Abby looked away now as she chose not to speak. ‘D-Damn it…’ She could feel her heart pounding against her chest. Why was it doing that? She felt, weird now. A few moments ago, it was just like they were talking like any of their usual interactions… but now, it felt almost, intimate. And the shrunken girl wasn’t sure how to feel about it.

Closing her eyes as she rested her chin on the back of her palms, Eve breathed deeply before sighing. “I’m glad you’re here Abby. Here with me tonight. It makes me feel, vivacious. You make me feel something I haven’t felt in over a decade, I hope you know. You make me feel, almost human.” She chuckled.

Looking back at the blonde once more, Abby frowned before licking her lips. They always seemed to dry up whenever she wanted to speak. “C-Can… can I ask you something…” Cracking open an eye, Eve’s scarlet iris peered into the smaller girl as her lips twitched upwards.

“You can ask me anything, my dear Abby. But there’s a price you’ll have to pay first~.” She whispered, her tone growing thicker as her own cheeks dusted over. Looking back at Eve confused, the brunette was about to ask before feeling her breath hitch.

Leaning her face forward, the larger girl’s eyes glowed faintly as she gave her a tender smile. “Let’s make it a game~. You ask a question, and in return, I get a kiss~. Fufufu~.” Shivering from the terms she was laid with, Abby gently cupped her chest before nodding.

‘T-That… that doesn’t sound so bad…’ She wanted to ask her some stuff anyways. So, it was worth it… right? Feeling Eve’s breath washing over her, an exotic fragrance she had yet to ever smell wafted over her nose. It was fruity, and kind of sweet. Perhaps the wine she had been sipping? Or, was it just a natural scent of her breath? It was alluring…

Closing her eyes as she saw the blondes pert lips coming closer, Abby leaned forward as well, the warmth of their faces soon meeting, as they inched closer, preparing, too, kiss-

 

“MISTRESS, MISTRESS!”

“MISTRESS, MISTRESS!”

 

“Did you mate with big Sis yet, huh, huh?!”

“Yeah, yeah! Is Bis Sister Abby your mate now?!”

 

 

Opening both their eyes in shock, Eve’s head shot up first in pure and blatant surprise. Turning her neck towards the entrance of the cave, the Blondes mouth hung agape now as she saw the two people she wished not to see the most suddenly barge in.

Scampering on their feet as they skittered forward both Emma and Ella laughed feverishly as they looked up at the blonde expectantly. Where had they even come from! Chittering on the ground, both sisters giggled gleefully before their eyes widened in amazement.

 

“MISTRESS?! You look so pretty, pretty! Ella look! Mistress is so cute!”

“She is, she is Em! Did big Sister Abby think you were cute too?!”

“Yeah, yeah! What did Sis think!”

“I think she’s pretty, pretty!”

“Not you Sis, other Sis! Big Sis!”

“Oh, big Sis?! What did Big Sister Abby think?”

“I don’t know! That’s what I was asking- AHHHH!”

 

Cutting off the random banter, both Imps screeched as their bodies flew out of the cave, their echoes fading as they shot away in a gust of wind. Blinking slowly as she tried to process what just happened, Abby furrowed her brow before looking up at Eve, the Vampiress now standing as she bared her teeth in pure, and unmask-able rage.

Panting through her teeth as her eyes glowed a bloody red, Eve snarled before slamming her knuckles onto her desk, both platter and glass shaking as she ground her fist into the wood. ‘Fucking imps…’ She’d kill them. They ruined the mood!

“E-E-Eve…?” Feeling her anger slowly beginning to bleed away, the little Vampire took a deep breath before forcing herself to smile. “S-Sorry, I think my composure slipped for a moment there. Fufufu~. My familiars can be so troublesome.” She chuckled, her hand resting against her temple as she gently rubbed her forehead.

She wouldn’t let that happen again. And she’d be damned if those two little blights found their way back in here while she and Abby were on their date. Cracking open an eye, the Vampire’s iris glowed before a gentle screeching echoed off in the distance.

‘That takes care of that. Now, where was I?’ Looking back down at Abby, the blonde soon sighed. She looked troubled now. What a shame… The mood was perfect. ‘Time to set it again…’ It was fine. She was prepared for something like this, courtesy of Brook.

Sitting back down calmly, Eve kept her smile firm as she tried to show pure, and utter poise. She wasn’t about to let Abby know how much that vexed her. They were still on their date after all. “I suppose, dinners over. I have something to serve you after, but, before we get to that… I want to show you this.”

Watching the Vampire silently as she reverted back to her charming self, Abby frowned before nodding. She looked like she was about to kill the twins a moment ago, and now… she was back to her usual demeanor. ‘Eve…’ Was she really alright?

Reaching down towards the foot of her chair, the blonde gently picked up her special gift from earlier before placing it at the top of the desk. As the strange conch was moved forward, Abby’s eyes traveled back to the shell as she looked at it closely.

It was a spiraled seashell and a big one at that. From what Brook had told her before Mermaids voices could be laced with their Energy allowing them to imbue them into objects such as shells. So, what did she do to this one?

Eyeing the smaller girl in amusement as she tried to figure out what she had planned, Eve couldn’t help but smirk. She would never guess it. Flipping the shell onto its back, the Vampiress moved her hand over the opening before it started to glow a faint blue.

Immediately a sound began to play, one that changed into a tune and finally into a gentle tone, its echoes filling the small chambers as its haunting music overtook both girls. Lifting up her head as the sound of brook’s melodious voice rang out, Abby’s brow furrowed as she listened to the song she was humming.

As expected, it sounded amazing. Closing her eyes gently as she enjoyed the pleasant tune, Abby smiled silently as she let it overtake her. It was beautiful… and, strangely familiar. ‘Have, have I heard this before…?’ Watching the shrunken girl as she tried to figure out what it was, the Hominal’s grin slowly began to twitch and widen. She was hooked now.

“Enchanting, isn’t it? I had never heard such a beautiful song myself until you showed it to me.” Eve purred, her eyes watching Abby intently as she waited for her response. Opening her eyes back up, the smaller girl frowned as she looked back at Eve.

“W-What do you mean, I don’t sing… I don’t even know what this song is either…” She mumbled weakly. Giggling softly, Eve shook her head before moving her index finger up to her head. “No, you don’t sing, nor have you in my presence or in these caverns. But, you did show me this lovely melody… in here~.” She purred before tapping the side of her head.

Looking back at the little Vampire as she smiled down at her, Abby’s face scrunched into a look of confusion before the tempo of the song began to pick up. Glancing back to the shell as the gentle humming took on a much more angelic tone, Abby’s eyes slowly started to widen.

“N-No… no way… This, this isn’t what I think it is… is it…?” She mumbled more to herself than to her host. This song, it was a lullaby. “Yes,~.” Looking back up at Eve as she gazed down at her lovingly, the larger girl sighed happily as she gently swayed her head to the pleasant sounds.

“You do remember, don’t you? It was long ago, quite a bit in fact. You were just a child, four years old to be precise. Do you remember it yet? Do you remember the song your Mother sang to you every night so you could go to sleep?” Eve smiled.

Trembling on the table as her eyes beaded in shock, Abby’s mouth hung agape as it slowly came back to her. The familiar sounds, the haunting tune, the sense of comfort and love… She, she was right… She had heard this song before. And it was what her Mother had sung her, all those years ago... Looking up at Eve slowly as her whole body began to shake, Abby’s mouth opened and closed as she tried to speak, but Eve would have none of that.

Moving one hand behind the brunette to support her and another in the front to gently caress her face, the Vampire’s eyes looked on her with tenderness as she smiled warmly back at her little amore. “Shhh, just listen, reminisce, and enjoy~.” She mewed.

Shuddering, Abby’s eyes slowly began to close as she grit her teeth in grief. ‘M-Mom…’ It was her song. It really was hers. She had forgotten all about it after so long. But… but Eve didn’t. She made her remember. Hugging the larger girls finger as she continued to let out raspy breaths, Abby shook her head as she felt a torrent of emotions assaulting her all at once.

Love, happiness, warmth… sadness, regret, sorrow… It was pain and pleasure, and she didn’t know what to feel. She was confused. Watching the conflicted teenager, Eve’s smile never faltered as she continued to stroke the smaller girl. She expected a happier response, but, it seemed even after so long her tragedies still followed her.

‘Perhaps, I should have given her another memory…’ Abby was sad… and she didn’t want that. Sighing, the blonde shook her head before smiling once more. No, this was fine. She could feel sadness, but, also pure, and utter joy. This was the right call, she just knew it.

Picking the shrunken human up gently, Eve moved her over to her face before pressing Abby against her cheek, her head gently rotating as she rocked her back and forth. Sniffling as she continued to shudder, Abby shook her head as she looked up at Eve. She had more questions now then she did before.

“H-H-How… how did you know that m-my mother used to sing this to me… h-how?!” She croaked out weakly. Not even she remembered this!  Stiffening as her face was pushed into the giantess’s cheek by her fingers, Eve chuckled softly as she leaned back in her chair.

“Have you really not figured it out yet? After everything, we’ve been through already? You and I are linked, Abby. Your thoughts are my thoughts. Your feelings are my feelings. I’m as close to you as anyone you know. I see your past and your future. I know you better than even you do. As it is, we are one… and if I need to sift through all your memories to find out what makes you happy I will do so in a heartbeat. I will do anything, no… everything, within my ability, to make you the happiest human alive. I will care for you, cherish you, and most importantly…” Eve cut off, her eyes shining brightly as she lifted Abby up over to her lips.

 

“Love you~.”

 

Shuddering as she looked on at Eve’s heartwarming gaze, Abby began to quiver. She could see it, see the truth in her words. “W-Why…” Scowling at the one-word question was asked, the Vampiress shook her head as she continued to stare the smaller girl down.

“Because… you’ve earned my love. You don’t understand this, nor do I expect you to… but I’ve been looking for someone to love, for years. I thought it was just a cruel joke after a while, but, Najia pressured me not to give in. And then, you showed up at our doorstep.” Eve whispered.

Closing her eyes sadly, Eve shook her head before they opened back up, her expression shifting back into its joyful one. “I-I… I wasn’t sure, but after we first met, I knew then, that you belonged to me. With your blood, I made sure of that. You asked me what I saw when we first spoke to one another. What I saw, was the possibilities. I saw the potential we had. And I saw, love.” Eve laughed her own disbelief in her tone from her very words.

Looking back up at the Vampire speechlessly, Abby was at a loss for words as well. Love, she saw, love?  Love for her? “YES!” Eve snapped happily startling the shrunken girl. Grinning from ear to ear, the blonde moved one of her hands down to her petite chest as she cupped her heart.

“I, I swore off ever interacting with humans because of what happened to me in the past… but, you showed me promise. You showed me, that I was wrong. And I’ll give everything, and do anything… to show you, my love. Do you know what struck me so hard Abby? Do you know what I saw that made me so committed to this? What makes me believe, that I can still love?”

Shaking her head in silence, Abby remained mute as her voice abandoned her. This… This was a declaration of love. Eve was telling her that she loved her. Her… why her… She was just, normal. She was just herself. She was just, Abby…

Shaking her head, Eve smiled sadly as she moved her finger up to the teenager’s cheek, her digit gently stroking her cheek as she continued to look on at her lovingly. “Just, Abby… you think this so much to yourself. Just Abby… just Abby… That’s all you have to be!” She hissed.

Scoffing, the blonde shook her head as her smile grew even further. “You don’t even realize just how special you truly are… do you?” Shaking her head again, Eve slowed her touch before simply resting her finger against the brunette’s cheek.

“What I saw, when we first met, was you and I, sitting together in this very room. We were dressed in red gowns, amongst the candlelight. I saw myself smiling at you, kind of like this. And I saw you, leaning forward, as we shared a kiss~.” Eve purred.

Feeling herself moved upwards towards the Vampires lips, the larger girl moved her free hand up towards her hair before tucking back one of her bangs, a small blush dusting her cheeks once again. “I saw this moment. And I knew I had to do everything I could to lead up to it. I knew I had to do everything I possibly could, to know if what I saw was true. That my love was true… and you know what Abby?” She paused once more before leaning her face forward.

 

“It is~.”

 

Feeling the larger girls breath wash over her face once more, Abby shivered from the unknown. Her emotions, they were all over the place. But this… it felt, right… Leaning her face forward as well, the shrunken girl closed her eyes as she felt the heat of their faces meet once more.

She felt, happy…

 

“And good luck Abby~. I know Eve really liiiiiiikes yoooouuuu~. Hehehehehe~.”

 

Snapping her eyes open in an instant, all blood drained from Eve’s face as the wind around her suddenly turned violent. Snapping her neck towards the conch on her desk as the gleeful giggles of her friend Brook rang out, the blonde was completely, and utterly speechless.

‘W-What…?’ As the song that had once played was gone and now replaced with the Mermaids excited giggles, the Vampire soon began to shake and tremble. Grinding her teeth together, Eve’s eyes glowed a bloody red before the shell suddenly exploded!

Jumping in shock as she heard the crash behind her, Abby looked over in shock before shifting her gaze back up to the larger girl, the Vampire’s eyes glowing an eerie crimson as she panted through her teeth. “E-E-Eve…? E-Eve?”

Ignoring the silent calls of her name, the little Vampiress fumed in silent rage as she felt her blood boiling over. ‘Why… why would you do this to me…? WHY WOULD YOU EVER BETRAY ME BROOK!’ This was supposed to be their special night! And she ruined it! WHY WAS EVERYONE RUINING THEIR NIGHT?! SHE HAD WORKED SO HARD TO MAKE IT THIS WAY!

“E-Eve…” Snapping her eyes down in a murderous rage, all anger the Vampire wore suddenly fell away as she saw the terrified look she was being given back by Abby. ‘N-No…’ She… she was shaking… she scared her… Opening her mouth as her lower jaw trembled, Eve soon licked her lips.

“I-I-I… I d-didn’t mean…” Clenching her teeth again as she felt the fear from the smaller girl in her hands, Eve growled in anger once again. Moving Abby down to her desk, the younger girl soon set her down before turning away, her face scrunching into one of discomfort as she tried to force herself to calm down.

She was pissed. So much time, and so much love… and her so-called friends were undermining her! “Eve… Are you alright?” Baring her fangs at the wall, Eve snarled beneath her breath as her lips twitched into a smile. It almost hurt.

Closing her mouth, the blonde brushed back her locks before turning back around, a confident smile in place where her bloodthirsty one had just been. “E-Everything’s fine, my dear Abby~. I, apologize for the entertainment. It seems… it seems that Brook thought it funny to give us her little message…” She muttered dryly.

Stepping towards the edge of the desk, Abby looked up at the little Vampire as she saw the face she wore. “Eve... Please don’t act like you’re alright if you’re not. I, I can tell you’re still angry.” Feeling her lips twitch as she tried to make her smile firm, the blonde turned her head before looking upward.

“I’m quite alright, Abby… Just, at a loss for words…” She muttered, a throaty chuckle escaping her lips as she cupped her eyes. Looking back at the larger girl as she continued to tremble, the brunette had to feel bad. “Eve, please… it's fine. Let’s just-“

Feeling her voice leave her instantaneously as the Vampires eyes shot open in a glow, Eve soon bared her fangs to no one in particular as a violent growl escaped her lips. “F-Fine… Y-You think that was fine!” She barked before directing her ire towards the smaller girl.

Taking a tentative step back, Abby frowned as she saw rage boiling underneath the façade the younger girl always wore. No, she could see it as clear as day. Eve was in wrath. Clenching her fists in anger, the Vampiress shook her head as she refused to look at the teenager before her.

“Fine… fine… FINE! NOTHING IS FINE ABBY! SHE RUINED IT! SHE RUINED OUR KISS!” Eve screeched the wind around her swirling harshly as all the candles in the cave began to flicker and dance. Shivering fearfully, the brunette nodded before trying to calm the enraged girl down.

“E-E-Eve… p-please…” Clenching her eyes shut, the little Vampiress shook her head before slamming her fist into the wall behind her, the rocks splintering from her anger. “N-No… no, I won’t… It was, perfect!” She screamed.

Tossing her head around, her hair flying to the sides as it thrashed to her movements, Eve soon roared in anger. “IT WAS PERFECT! I planned everything Abby, EVERYTHING! I-I flew to three different towns to find our dinner! I-I meditated for days to find those memories of your past! I worked, on every, single, detail!” She hissed before turning back to Abby spitefully.

“And you, say, it's fine! Pray tell how it is fine!” Eve hissed, her fangs bearing to the smaller girl as she continued to tremble in fear. She had never seen her this mad before. Not even when they had first met and she had pissed her off.

Opening her mouth to speak, Abby tried to say something, but the venomous look she was being given forced her to remain silent. This… This wasn’t Eve. Who was this person…? Scoffing, the younger girl shook her head before slamming her fist back in the wall, her hand actually puncturing the hard rocks now as she punched a hole into it.

Panting through her teeth, the blonde closed her eyes before shaking her head once more. “It… it’s over. O-Our dates over. It’s all ruined…” She whispered. “T-T-The only one r-ruining it… is you.” Snapping her eyes back open in shock, Eve’s blood-curdling eyes shot towards the brunette as she stared her down in disbelief.

“W-What did you just say!” Gulping, Abby stepped forward as her frown deepened. “E-Eve… I know that you wanted this night to be special. I can see how much you’ve done to make it that way. But, just because something happened you didn’t expect doesn’t mean it’s ruined! Y-You’re throwing a temper tantrum because something didn’t go as planned! That doesn’t mean the rest of the night didn’t happen! I… I was really having fun, until…” she trailed off, her words having an apparent effect on the blonde as she stared down at her silently.

Trembling where she stood, Eve’s eyes soon narrowed before her feet pivoted. Facing towards her desk, the Vampire snarled before stepping over towards the teen, her anger growing by the second from the shrunken girl’s words.

“How… how would you even know what fun is! YOU’VE NEVER EVEN BEEN ON A DATE BEFORE YOU INSOLENT INGENUE!” Eve snapped angrily. Slamming her hands on either side of the smaller girl startling her thoroughly, Eve continued.

“I put everything, into this night! I saw everything I had to do! I see, everything that can, will, and won’t happen! And even with the knowledge I possess I still failed to make this night special! Who are you to say anything to me! YOU’RE JUST AN IGNORANT HUMAN!” Eve screamed.

Panting as she finished her rant, the Vampires anger slowly began to fade as she stared Abby down. Standing dumbstruck, Abby’s voice hitched as she felt herself choking on her own breath. Looking back at Eve speechlessly, tears slowly began to fall down the smaller girls cheeks…

As the last of her rage dissipated, Eve's eyes slowly began to widen as it became apparent just what she had said. She was just as shocked. Staring Abby down, the blonde shook as her body quivered. What had she done… Quickly turning around and presenting the shrunken human with her back, Eve’s hand shot out before all the candles in the cavern suddenly flickered away leaving both girls in the pitch black that was the cave.

Standing in the darkness as she stared off into the void, Abby continued to sniffle as she felt the pain from Eve’s words. “E-Eve… I, I’m… I’m sorry… I’m sorry you think that… A-And I’m sorry I’m j-just an ignorant human! But, at least I can see the present!” Abby screamed.

Sputtering as she wiped down her tears, the brunette shook her head in the darkness. “J-Just because… just because something didn’t happen the way you think you saw it in your head doesn’t mean it wasn’t special! I… I really did like it. I liked everything you’ve done for me. This, this is the first time I’ve ever been on a date… a-and it was wonderful. But, but the thing you’re failing to understand… is that you can’t predict life! So what if something went wrong, that doesn’t mean I forgot any of the other great things we were doing!” Abby screamed before hanging her head, her tears coming back out from the pain she felt.

Even if cave collapsed… or the water from the ocean flooded them all… or even the sky turned red with blood… she wouldn’t care! This night was one to remember for her. It was, until just now. “Our… o-our dates over Abby… It’s time for you to go back now. I’ll have my familiars escort you back to Kari…”

Hearing the faint whisper in front of her, Abby stared forward at the darkness before gritting her teeth. “Eve… look at me…” As the caverns grew silent once more, Abby growled before screaming angrily, her sadness leaving her as she felt the pain from before surge forward. “I SAID LOOK AT ME DAMN IT! IF YOU’RE GOING TO GET RID OF ME AT LEAST SAY IT TO MY FACE!”

Panting as her voice grew raspy, Abby breathed deeply as she tried to catch her breath, before two, eerie red lights slowly appeared. Looking up into the darkness above her, two glowing red eyes met her, as they peered down at the crying girl below.

“I’m sorry… I’m sorry, for everything…” Eve whispered before closing her eyes once more, the light of her red pools disappearing once again leaving them both in murky blackness. Wiping up and down her face, Abby shook her head before reaching her hand out.

“E-Eve… please…” Knowing what she wanted, the Vampiress was silent before a lone wick began to spark before flickering to life illuminating the cave, and with it, the human and Vampire. Looking up at Eve in shock, Abby cupped her mouth in silence as she saw… tears.

Turning her head in shame, Eve clenched her eyes as she tried to hide her tears from the smaller girl. She didn’t want her to see her crying. “Eve…” Taking a deep breath as she calmed herself, the regal blonde shook her head before brushing her thumb beneath her eyelids.

“D-Don’t… don’t say anything. Let’s just, forget this night ever happened… I’m sorry for doing this to you…” Eve whispered painfully as she bit her lip. Shaking her head, Abby stepped forward once more as she stood at the edge of the desk.

“No… I-I don’t want to forget Eve. I don’t want to forget what you said. It… It hurt… but it didn’t make me forget what you said before that either.” Abby whispered. Turning away bitterly, the blonde shook her head as she remained quiet. She had said enough.

“I don’t want to go Eve. I want to stay right here. Please… it took me a long time to place my faith in you… but, I know it was faith well placed. And I know there’s more to this night than this. I don’t want us to leave… not like this…” Abby mumbled sadly.

She wanted more. Turning her back fully, Eve bit her lip as she continued to hide her face, the remorse she felt hidden to the smaller girl while staying perfectly apparent to her as well. “P-Perhaps…. Perhaps your faith was misplaced…”

Feeling her breath hitch, Abby shuddered as she felt a painful stinging in her chest from the Vampires remark. “E-Eve… Don’t say that…” Shaking her head, the blonde raised her hand, before parting her lips once more. “I see that the path I wanted to believe in… the one I saw was not to be. That means what’s left, is only pain… I, I refuse to allow you to travel down this path… I refuse to be selfish… I refuse, for you to be hurt any further. Especially not by the likes of me…”

 

“I still have faith…”

 

Snapping her eyes open in shock, the Vampire twirled around before snatching Abby from midair, the smaller girl just inches from the ground as she held her eyes firmly shut. “WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT YOU VACUOUS IDIOT?!” She had just jumped off her desk!

Opening her eyes back up as her heart pounded against her chest, Abby’s teal orbs gazed up into Eve’s crimson ones as a sad smile found its way to her lips. “F-F-Faith…” Shivering where she stood, Eve was speechless. She had literally thrown herself to her death… just expecting her to catch her!

Grinding her teeth now, the Vampire hissed before baring her fangs back at her. “NEVER, DO THAT AGAIN YOU TWIT! I’LL KILL YOU MYSELF IF I EVER SEE YOU DO SOMETHING AS STUPID AS WHAT YOU JUST DID! WHAT IF I DIDN’T REACT?! W-WHAT IF I DROPPED YOU OR FUMBLED?! YOU COULD HAVE HURT YOURSELF OR DIED!” Eve screeched.

Shivering as she was screamed at repeatedly, Abby’s smile never faulted as she gently touched the younger girl’s palms. “I knew you wouldn’t... you promised you'd protect me. I didn’t trust you before… and I got hurt because of it. Now, I’m choosing to believe in you, even if you can’t believe in yourself.”

Trembling in place, Eve’s knees slowly shook before eventually falling out under her. Kneeling on the ground as she cradled the brunette, the Vampire grit her teeth as she stared Abby down. “Y-You… you’re a naive human… y-you’re not smart… I take it back… Y-Y-You’re just, you’re just a fool!”

 

“Then I’ll be a fool.”

 

Clenching her eyes, Eve snarled before cupping the small girl against her chest, her anger and sadness combining together making her feel something else entirely. ‘Damn you… Damn you, damn you, damn you!’ Why did she have to be like this…? Why did she have to be, Abby…

Opening her eyes slowly, Eve’s neck craned downward as she let her bangs fall away from her ears. Letting her orange hair cascade over the shrunken girl as she stared down at the teenagers smiling face, Eve couldn’t control herself anymore.

Pulling the brunette up towards her lips, the younger girl breathed deeply before closing her eyes. “I’ll, hurt you again in the future… I’ll make your life miserable… and I’ll be a burden to you like I was to her… do… do you accept me…  flaws… aggression… pity… do you, Abby?”

Looking back at Eve with her smile never faulting, the teenager smiled as she slowly nodded her head. “I don’t care if I’m hurt. I’m here for the long haul. And I plan on being here for everyone… including you.” Feeling her lips perk upwards, Eve chuckled sadly before pulling the smaller girl up into her lips.

Pressing on the back of the shrunken humans head, the Vampire shivered as she finally shared her kiss, the one she had been holding onto for the whole evening, with the only person she ever wanted to give it to. Letting herself embrace it, Abby tried to kiss her back, but, she doubted that the larger girl even felt it. But she was enjoying it none the less.

Sitting together as they shared in their trance, their kiss lasted about a minute before Eve finally parted, her eyes no longer glowing as her sanguine pools stood out amongst the sea of orange all around their faces. Smiling down lovingly at the smaller girl, Eve shook her head causing her hair to ripple alongside them.

“You, are a glutton for punishment… and I’m sad to say that we’ll accompany you through your meal.” She whispered. Hugging onto the younger girl’s finger, Abby shook her head before nuzzling her face against her. “I’ll endure… you girls are worth it.” Smiling quietly, Eve's face shifted back to its former as her loving expression from earlier returned.

Flicking her head back so that her hair would fall back in place, the little Vampire sighed before moving her locks back behind her ears. “I’m sorry… I really am. I shouldn’t have snapped at you like I did. I just... I just wanted to show you how much you mean to me... mean to all of us. I wanted… to give you a reason to stay with us…” Eve muttered sadly.

Staring back at the blonde in silence, Abby’s eyes fell as understanding hit her. “I… I’ve gotten the feeling you wanted me to stay with you. I’ve gotten that feeling from a lot of you girls actually, Kari and Casey especially. Do… do you all really need me as much as you think you do? Or, is it just a want?”

Looking back down at Abby quietly, Eve was silent for a moment before smiling sadly. “It’s a bit of both if we were to be perfectly honest. I won’t deny that the thought of you leaving, causes me great pain… but, as it stands… we need all the help we can get. You don’t understand our situation, Abby. You don’t understand... Najia…” She whispered.

Cupping the little Vampires fingers harder, Abby stared her down before nodding. “No… I don’t. But I’d like to.” Looking into one another’s eyes, Eve soon parted her lips before sighing, her fangs glistening as she smiled softly.

“I guess, you are ready now. You’ve delved into the rabbit hole. You’ve seen the Monsters that hide in the dark. You’ve let them in and even befriended them. Fine… you deserve the truth. And you certainly deserve some answers. Our lives are much deeper than you could possibly imagine. And in order to show you the truth… we’ll have to go back…” Eve whispered seriously.

Looking right back at the Vampire in front of her, Abby nodded as she tried to piece together her statement. “B-Back… back to what exactly.” Closing her eyes quietly, Eve stood up slowly before waving her hand over the room, the candles that had previously been unlit now ignited as the room was cast back into its golden hue once again.

 

“Back, to the beginning Abby, back to when this all started. Back… to when I was still human…”

 

To be continued…

 

End Notes:

 

And so it begins...

 

I'm not going to lie, when F.W. told me Eve's back story, I was shocked. It was completley better then what I had in mind for her character, and ever since I've been looking forward to having her enter the fray.

 

Well, her time is now. Look forward to whats to come. I know he'll do our favorite little blonde proud. ;)

 

I hope to see you all again soon. Please don't forget about me! xD

 

Bye bye~

 

Something Lost - Part 1 by Franchise Writer
Author's Notes:

"Sighs"

 

I miss you all. ;-;

 

Welcome back everyone. Sorry I'm not really present like I'd like to be but once again, Senpai has got us covered! This chapter really surprised me. Some ideas that never came up were shown and honestly, I really love it. I love it a lot.

When I started this story, Eve was an enigma to me, but F.W helped me design her, I think I've said that before. xD. But he took her story farther back then I even thought about and from what he told me, he's not even close to being done.

:D

I can't wait to see how this concludes, and I can't wait to take part once again when I'm back. Please be patiant my loyal people! I swear I'm coming back sooner then three months this time! Probably... I think...

 

Anyways, enjoy.

 

:)

 

*“So, you want to know more about us? Fufufu~, then you’ll learn everything you need to know, but, before I can get into what you truly wish to ask, we’ll have to go back a bit. Back to when times were simpler. Back when times weren’t as dark as they are now…  We have to go back, to the beginning. Back, to when I was still a human…

 

In the northern part of Ireland, there’s a large port town known as, Coleraine. It’s one of the largest of this country, and one of the most prosperous. The location makes it perfect for many things, fishing, trading goods, importing and exporting commodities. It’s a proverbial paradise for entrepreneurs… and, the place where my ancestors settled when we first came here.

My lineage can be traced back to the country of France, or, at least that’s what I was told by my parents when I was still a kid. Coming to these isles, my great grandfather brought with him supplies, and knowledge. With these two things he brought the Ventris name to its past and current glory. For generations, my family has held the title as the true Couturier of the three kingdoms. It’s a feat we take great pride in, and dear I say arrogance as well. But, that will be explained later. After all, you came for this…

So it’s time to tell you, where I fit into all of this… let’s go back, 13 years ago. And I’ll try to help you understand, as much as I can…”*

 

~

 

~ Coleraine, Ireland ~

 

 

“Damn it you’re just as useless as all the other Doctors, get off of our estate you filth!” Stumbling out of a large brick and mortared manor, a smaller individual garbed in white fell to the ground before grunting in pain as he was kicked backward. Falling down a small set of stairs leading up to the imposing mansion, the battered Doctor gazed up in dismay as he saw the disgruntled look being sent his way by a much taller man adorned to the brim in culture. Standing at about six foot two, the man wore a rich black and charcoaled suit tailor suited to his stature. His hair was slicked back all the way giving his chiseled face an even gruffer look as well. Adding on to the already extravagance, however, many rings, and cuffs, pieced with gems of all assortments draped his fingers and wrists showing the final pieces of his ensemble that he was, in fact, wealthy, or at least flippant with his wealth.

Adjusting his tie after having it wrinkled by the smaller gentleman, the raven-haired man stuck his nose up at him before slamming the door behind him. “Useless, all of them! Is there no one worth our time in this inutile city?!” He barked angrily before stomping through the largely opened and lit hallways leading to the entrance room of the manor.

As he walked, various maids and a couple butlers backed away as they saw the head of the household storming past them. They knew from experience to avoid their Master at all costs when he got like this. And because of the circumstances, it was worse than usual… much worse…

Moving up the winding stairs that lead to the upper reaches of the historic building, the gruffer man soon stopped as he reached the top before taking a deep breath to compose himself. “Caitriona! Go fetch some fresh water from the kitchen. And make sure it’s cold!” He snapped. Stepping forward from the balcony she had been on, the auburn-haired woman looked to her Master before bowing her head.

“Right away Mr. Ventris. Shall I bring it to her room?” Nodding his head as he stepped past the head housemaid for their manor, the man walked down the long hallways as he came to the last door to the left. Turning on his heel as he adjusted himself, he made sure to check himself over a bit before reaching for the doorknob, and entering in a swift motion.

“How is she, has she shown any new symptoms since that salaud left!” He snapped angrily as he directed his ire towards a younger woman kneeling over a small bed. Dressed in a white linen gown, the brunette frowned before standing back up. She knew this would happen once the good doctor had left. But, there wasn’t much she could do. After all, she was just nursemaid.

“N-No, sir… Her fevers still present but beyond that, she hasn’t shown any signs of further nor change. M-Maybe you should get Doctor Bowers back, he was a good man and he did know-“ Cutting her voice off as she saw her mistake mid-speech, the woman let out a high-pitched yip as she found her cheek met with the backside of the larger man’s hand.

Stumbling as she was struck, the Maid steadied herself before whimpering. “Do not, say that louses name in the presence of my Daughter again. Now get out!” He barked causing the smaller girl to quickly rush past him as she tried to do just that.

Now alone, the man sighed before moving over to the side of the small bed before kneeling over it. This whole ordeal was a trial for him… and all he wanted was it to just be over. Would there ever be an end to this tragedy? “My little Eveline, please wake soon.” He whispered.

Lying on the bed lifelessly was a little blonde adorned in a small white bed dress as sweat rolled off her skin like a faucet. She had been running a high fever for the past two weeks, and no matter who he got in to help his daughter, none of the Doctors could figure out what was wrong with her. Her symptoms had struck her suddenly, and that had been it.

Falling unconscious one day, the child simply stayed sleeping all day as her body grew hotter and hotter. Her eyes only opened a few times a day, and her once lovely and elegant voice was now gone only to be replaced by a raspy whimper and tearful confusion. His daughter… she was, dying…

Cupping the blonde's hand as she lay motionless, the older man ground his teeth as she stared down at his only heir. Why could no one save her! “Pardon Mr. Ventris, I brought you the water just as you asked. Glancing over his shoulder, the man nodded before letting out a tired sigh once more. “Apply it to a washcloth and scrub her face. I’ll have the head nurse come up shortly to bathe her. Do not leave her side, and inform me immediately if anything changes!” He growled.

Keeping a stoic face, the redheaded brunette nodded before bowing her head. “Understood Mr. Ventris.  Shall I inform the Mistress of the current condition when I'm relieved?” Shaking his head, the man stepped past the woman and leaving the room, no words even wasted as he left in silent anger. He would tell his wife of what happened himself… plans needed to be made, in case the worse came to worse. Bowing her head one last time, the auburn-haired maid lowered her eyes to the sleeping girl before a sad expression touched her features.

“Please sleep soundly, Mrs. Eveline… We all wish to see you recover soon…” She whispered, her silent plea echoing gently in the room as she began to dab a petite towel into the bucket she had brought before wiping away the younger girls pain.

They all had to do their part to try and help the little heiress. She was the lifeblood of the Ventris family, and they all knew what the repercussions would be with their Master if she didn’t…

 

For all their sakes, and hers… All they could do was pray…

 

Pray for a miracle…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

*“I remember rain… lots and lots of rain. As days went on, the weather grew drearier and drearier, an omen of sorts for the plague that had settled over my household. A new Doctor had come after the last one, but, he left just as quickly. Few were foolish enough to come here anymore… 

At first, Doctors had been lining up in spades to try and assist the *great* Ventris family, gaining its favor was worth more than gold to some even. But, as each day went, more and more Doctors were shamed for their lack of knowledge or foresight… so eventually, no one dared come. And my fate seemed all but assured.

 

That is... until he came…”*

 

 

~

 

Stepping down the long winding streets of Coleraine, a cloaked figure pulled his cowl down as more and more rain pounded against his back. Coming to a quiet stop as he neared a large fence, the man gazed up to a large bronze plaque embedded into the all-encompassing gate around the manor in front of him, observing it silently, as his crimson eyes lingered on the name.

“Ventris…”

Stepping closer to the gate, the figure quickly stepped into its dwelling before waiting to see what would happen. After a few moments, he smiled beneath his hood before progressing forward. It seemed all Doctors wanted was enough…

 

Enough to let him in…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“Knock, knock, knock…”

 

Raising her head up quietly, a young redhead furrowed her brow as she looked around. As a loud knocking echoed down the corridor once again, the maid yawned tiredly before looking at the large grandfather clock in front of her. It was nearly witching hour. Who in their right mind would be out this late, better yet, at her Masters front door?

Standing up quickly, the woman quickly adjusted herself before making her way towards the entrance of the mansion. Coming to the front door, the younger girl pulled her small white cap down before opening it to greet whoever was there.

“Hello?” Feeling her eyes widen in surprise as she looked on at a trench coat-clad man dripping from head to toe from the horrific downpour outside, the woman quickly panicked. “W-Who are you sir? A-Are you lost? Isn’t it a bit, cold out for you to be wandering this late at night?”

Raising his eyes to meet hers, the man was eerily silent for a moment before a soft, dark chuckle escaped his lips. “I’m well aware of the hour madam, but, duty calls. I received word that there was a resident here who had contracted something, dare I say, otherworldly. I came at once when I learned that others couldn’t seem to help her. Tell me, is this the same manor that has the sick little girl I’ve come to aid?” He informed, his tone while deep, kept a very cultural note to it.

Looking back at the man startled, the Maid’s eyes beaded briefly before it finally clicked in her brain from what he had said. “Y-You’re here to help the young Mistress?! P-Please, come in, I’ll go inform Mr. Ventris at once!” She announced lividly before stepping aside to allow the man in.

Moving his foot forward once more, the robed man paused before waving his shoe over the door frame. Once more, however, he silently smiled. “Thank you. If you have the time as well, might I ask for a spot of tea? The weather is rather frightening, and I could really use something to warm me up.” He chuckled once more.

Feeling her face light up from his rich voice, the younger woman blushed before bowing her head. “C-Certainly! P-Please, wait right here while I wake the Master. I’ll have that out for you right away as well!” Watching as the maid scampered off, the man sighed softly before pulling his hood down.

Letting his long white hair fall back, not a drop of rain having hit it, he quickly did the same to his cloak as he opened it up to let the rest of the water drip next to the coat rack beside him. Dressed in a red plaid shirt, and dusky brown pants, the pale-skinned man adjusted his collar before holding his hands behind his back as he waited.

Closing his eyes as he chin rose in the air, the man gave the room a quick sniff before sighing, the pleasant smell of earl grey tea whiffing to his nose. ‘Perfect.’ After a moment a gentle thumping echoed in his ears as well. Coming down the double-sided stares was a larger man dressed in a plain white tee-shirt. His pants were on, but slightly askew, and his color looked a bit wrinkled. If the stranger had to guess, he had just woken up… and in a hurry at that.

Stepping into the main corridor, Mr. Ventris frowned as he saw the man whom his maid had informed him about. He wasn’t really expecting… this. “Good evening… May I ask why you’ve come to my estate so late at this time? I was informed that you were a Doctor. While I appreciate the haste, this hour is ungodly. I expect a good answer.” He muttered his tone rather neutral for their current circumstances.

Chuckling softly, the stranger bowed his head before unfolding his arms. “Right you are, it is rather late. Though, I expected that a man of your gravity to want only the best for his sick, and ill befallen daughter. When I learned that your child was still harrowed I came at once. Was I wrong to try and make haste? Or, wrong to want to aid you in your trying time of need?” He smiled leisurely.

Narrowing his eyes from the way the stranger talked, the raven-haired man closed his eyes before grunting. “If you’re a Doctor I expect results. If you’re here just to try and learn from my Daughters illness or study here then get the hell out. I need someone to cure her, not make her into a pity case!” He snapped.

Not even batting an eyelash, the man raised his hand calmly as he smiled once more. “Why sir, I would never dare to do that. All life is valuable to me, and my value is high. I can promise you if the child is healable then healed she will be. But, there are of course some things you just can’t heal. I’ll need to see her first before I can tell you if I can, or I can’t help her. Those are my terms, whether you agree with them or not.” He informed.

Glancing past the aggravated lord of the manor, the stranger's eyes traveled to the maid briskly walking up to him. “Ah, thank you. Earl gray is my favorite.” Smiling up at the newcomer the younger maid nodded happily before confusion suddenly entered her face. “Y-You knew what kind I made you?”

Taking the small teacup from her hands, the white-haired stranger smiled before bringing the cup up to his lips. “Of course. I could smell it from the kitchen, along with the fragrant aroma of a beautiful stewardess serving her Master dutifully.” He smiled.

Blushing from the flattering compliment, the maid wanted to wait and see what the gentlemen thought before her Masters' voice brought her back to the present. Clearing his throat, the raven-haired man looked to his maid before snapping his fingers.

Cringing, the woman nodded before taking the small plate she had been holding back with her as she exited the room. Cracking open his eyes as he let the pleasant taste dance across his tongue, the white-haired man looked to his host as he saw him sizing him up.

“Well, are you here to flirt with my staff or heal my daughter?” He growled. Finishing up his cup rather hastily, the pale man chuckled softly before setting the cup down on one of the tables beside him. “I’m here for your daughter, of course, please, lead the way Sir Ventris.”

Huffing gruffly, the raven-haired man, turned his back before moving towards the stairs. Stepping beside him, the newcomers smile never faltered as he followed his host up the stairs. To say his curiosity was piqued would be an understatement. He was dying to see what this young heiress was ill with and eager to know if she could handle what he would give her if she was worthy of it.

Coming to the far room of the hallway, both men looked back at one another before the larger of the two opened the door to his daughter's room. “She’s in here. Take as long as you need to figure out if she can be cured or not. And I had better like your answer…” He warned.

Feeling his grin widen, the crimson eyes man grinned before stepping forward. Looking around the small room, his eyes passed over the many toys and accessories that were shown to him as he favored seeing the ill child before him more.

Lying motionless, as she had most days since she took ill, Eve was sleeping as sweat continued to bead off her face. ‘Why, her skin's even paler than mine.’ Smirking from his morbid thought, the stranger stepped over to the bed before pulling the blanket that was covering her down.

Feeling the eyes of the territorial father behind him the man sighed before looking over his shoulder. “I need to study her closely, and, alone… why don’t you step outside, and shut the door behind you? You’ll know when I’m done.” He informed.

Narrowing his eyes as he was about to bark at the stranger, the raven-haired man paused before feeling his mind quickly going along with his words. “Right… take your time.” Moving towards the door, he quickly closed the door behind him leaving the pale skinned man now alone.

Looking over Eveline with his glowing red eyes, his crimson orbs gently pulsed before fading back to normal. “Now, let’s see what you have wrong with you…” He mumbled. Moving his elongated fingers over towards her neck, the white-haired stranger tapped her veins as he felt the faint pulsing beneath her skin.

“Show me your secrets…” Lying still on the bed, the man narrowed his eyes before they began to glow once more. “Wake, up…” As seconds ticked by, the child remained motionless before her body suddenly began to convulse. Shaking on the bed, Eveline’s eyes slowly began to crack open as she coughed in pain.

Crying on her mattress, the child looked up in confusion as she saw the strange white man above her, his eyes captivating her childlike mind. “There, there… that pain you’re feeling, tell me where it is. You needn’t say anything. Just blink for me. Can you do that Mrs. Eveline? Blink once for yes, or twice for no.” He informed.

Feeling her eyes slowly beginning to close, Eveline was quickly brought back as she felt a gentle poke on the side of her neck. It wasn’t painful, but, it was enough to keep her present. Watching the child closely, the man smiled as he watched her blink for him.

“Good. Now, is the pain you feel in your head, throat, ears, or eyes?” Blinking silently as her breathing came out scratchy, the man nodded. “Very good Eveline. Now, is this pain anywhere else?” Blinking again, the stranger hummed.

“Chest? Yes… stomach? Also yes, good to know.  Anywhere from the waist down? No, that’s good to hear.” As he listed off different parts, he kept his glowing eyes on the girl as he let her focus on them. Her attention was imperative.

As he finished asking her questions, the pale man sighed before shaking his head. “Such a tragedy indeed. It seems you’ve developed an infection, one that’s burrowed deep into your chest cavity. If someone had caught the symptoms sooner perhaps treatment would have been possible. You, humans, are rather useless at the time when you’re needed the most aren’t you?” He chuckled sadly.

“…”

Opening his eyes back up, the white-haired man frowned before lowering his head towards Eveline. Not even he could hear what she had just tried to say. Staring up at the man weakly, Eve’s faded eyes sulked as she tried to speak again, her voice all but a rusty scratching. It had abandoned her some days ago… and now, this was all that was left.

“Am… I going, t-to… to die…?” She wheezed out painfully. Pulling his head back, the man frowned as he saw her looking up at him hopefully. ‘Hope… how, sad.’ Closing his eyes, he sighed before shaking his head. “Yes, I’m afraid you are.” Expecting some sort of a reaction from the girl, the mains brow soon rose as she gently closed her eyes.

“Giving up already? For shame my dear heiress. If someone says you’re going to die, do you just simply roll over like a dog in defeat?” He mocked. Opening her eyes slowly, Eve looked up at the man wordlessly as she heard him sighing once more.

“No, on the contrary… you’re, happy? How peculiar.” He mumbled before a cruel smile passed over his face once his features. “No, you like all the attention you’ve been receiving from your parents, now that’s dark. But, if it comes to an end, at least you got what you really wanted, now didn’t you?” He hummed. Seeing a look of sadness pass over the younger girl’s features the man sighed once more. I guess that will just have to change with time. You best learn that term now rather than later. Time… This word no longer holds meaning for you. Now, it’s time, for your new life to begin. That is unless you’d rather simply lay here and die. The choice is yours.” He informed.

Staring up into the man’s red eyes tiredly, Eveline raised her shaking hand towards him before it fell against her side. Smiling for the first time since he came, the older gentleman chuckled before nodding his head. “Very well. It’s time for you to sleep now, Mrs. Eveline. This will be the last nap you’ll ever take.” He whispered.

Picking up her limp hand, the man’s finger moved over to the child’s arm before he traced his nail across her wrist. Immediately a cut broke apart as her skin was sliced as easily as if it were butter. Bringing her hand up to his face, the man gave her blood a quick sniff before scowling. “Indeed… such a shame. You were in the still in the sapling of your life… But, it can’t be helped. I just hope you’ll learn to accept yourself as I have. Now, go to sleep…” He whispered softly.

 

Crying softly as her wrist stung in pain, Eveline’s vision slowly started to fade before her eyes closed, and her mind stopped…

 

It was time to sleep…

 

 

_ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Moving a small red handkerchief over his lips, the pale-haired stranger wiped his lips dry as he closed the door behind him. “Such a shame indeed…” Looking towards the burlier man leaning against the wall beside him, he sighed.

“Well Mr. Ventris, I’ve done what I could for her. I’ll be back in a weeks’ time. Good or bad, I’ll expect compensation. Understood?” He informed, his eyes ever glowing. Nodding his head in a trance, the man stared off distantly as he continued to rest his back on the wall.

Stepping past his host, the stranger smiled silently as he felt his lips twitching into a grin. He couldn’t help it. “Thanks for the tea… and, for the meal.” He chuckled. Leaving the man alone now, he soon vanished from sight before leaving the estate entirely.

As minutes passed by the entranced man soon felt consciousness coming back to him as he felt a gentle touching on his forearm. “S-Sir Ventris?” Blinking a few times, the raven-haired man looked down at his door maid before shaking his head. What the devil was going on, why was he outside his daughters quarters.

Wait…

Lifting his head up slowly, the larger man tore himself away from his startled maid before opening the door to his child’s room… before all blood drained from his face as he rushed in.

 

“EVELINE!”

 

With a scream of sorrow echoing through the whole house, the lady of the manor, and the staff that served them were all awoken in an instant, as the cry of anguish rang out all around…

 

Their heiress... was dead…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

*“No one knew what transpired that night but me. Some of the staff thought I had finally succumbed to my illness. Others thought that my heart had simply given out; my pulse had been weakening by the day. But, it didn’t matter in the end. All that mattered, was that their precious *heiress* was dead…


The problem is...

 

I didn’t stay dead…"*

 

 

~

 

Standing in a large crowd, both Lord and lady were present in their daughter's chambers, along with the flood of staff along behind them as they looked at the head nurse of the compound resting over Eveline’s bed. Gazing down at the child’s unmoving form, different emotions played across everyone’s features, but none were more prominent than the anger and grief stretched across both Mr. and Mrs. Ventris, as they stared down at their daughter’s stiffened form.

Pulling a pure white sheet over her face and covering her up, the nurse turned her head away sadly before looking back up at her Master. “I-I-I’m sorry lord… But, I can’t find a pulse. I’ve been trying for hours. She’s gone.” The woman whispered. Hearing a small chorus of crying from the room, the raven-haired man stoned his face as he pulled his crying wife into him.

Turning away quickly, the man clenched his fist before walking out of the room startling most present by his abrupt departure. “Begin clearing out the room Caitriona… I want all her things removed. Everything.” He whispered before pushing past his staff with his wife in tow.

Looking at her Master leaving in a hurry, the redhead kept a stoic look to herself but nodded none the less. “Everyone… go back to your daily duties… let the lord grieve in peace. I’ll attend to him for the day.” She informed before clapping her hands.

As people began filing out of the room, the Maid soon lowered her eyes as she was left alone. Looking over towards the bed where Eveline lay, the woman sighed before shaking her head. She was so young… getting to work immediately, the woman began picking up the toys around her first as she tidied up the room. It would be easier to transport the items if they weren’t littering the ground.

Moving the toys into her chest, the redhead deposited them first before moving over towards the girl’s fabric collection. Designing was in the Ventris blood, and it came at a very young age. Eveline had in fact been the youngest one yet to begin work on the family business. Shame she couldn’t continue. Mr. Ventris had high hopes for her.

Rolling up the long red fabric sheet that had stitched lines across it, the Maid’s eyes soon widened as a quiet creaking noise registered in her ears. Sighing, the woman turned around expecting to see a member of the staff still present after she dismissed them… but what she saw made her blood run cold.

Dropping the loom of cloth on the ground in shock, the auburn-haired maid looked towards the bed at the far end of the room… as something rose beneath the sheets. Stretched upwards beneath the bedcovers, the moving form shifted around before its attention shifted towards her. As two glowing red orbs flared to life beneath the sheet, all blood drained from the woman’s face, before consciousness left her.

Falling to the ground as she passed out, the maid hit the floor hard alerting others to her noise. As the cloth slowly began to pull itself down, a mop of disarrayed orange blonde hair peeked out beneath it, with a ghostly pale hand pulled the fabric away.

Blinking slowly as her eyes shined brightly, Eveline looked around her room, as a feeling she had never felt before embodied her. She felt, hollow... What was going on? Rushing into the room, two maids looked inside the chamber in a hurry before their eyes locked on with Eveline’s red ones… the same amount of shock hitting them just as it had Caitriona.

Staggering back into the hallways, the woman shuddered before their voices rang out. Screaming for the lord of the house, voices across the manor broke out as the impossible happened. Eveline was alive! It was a miracle, their heiress was alive!

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Chewing her food with gusto, the blonde child quickly swallowed what she was fed before opening her mouth back up once more as the maid to her right side fed her hurriedly. She was completely malnourished because of her illness but miraculously, her apatite had come back. In fact, none of the staff had ever even seen her as hungry as this before!

She was always a picky eater but that didn’t seem to be the case now. Pacing back and forth as he watched his daughter, Mr. Ventris was speechless as he continued to cup his mouth. This, it was without a doubt, a gift from God. Somehow, their little girl was alive, and not just that, recovering!

Her fever was gone, her haggard look was all but nonexistent, her appetite as shown was very much back. She was healing. Shaking his head as he tried to find words for what was happening before him, the man finally sighed before joining his wife as she kneeled next to the child.

Looking up confused as she was latched onto by her father, Eveline’s eyes lit up as she hugged him back. Her parents didn’t usually show her this much affection, she was ecstatic! Resting his head against his wife’s as she continued to softly sob, the raven-haired man looked back up at the blonde as he studied her face.

Something, something happened. He just didn’t know what. But, whatever it was… two things had changed. Her skin was still its same sickly white color it had been. But more than that was her eyes. Her once bright and blue orbs that glimmered like the oceans alongside their port town were now bloody pools of… eerie red…

Putting his hand on the back of his daughters head, he sighed once more before pulling her down and giving her forehead a kiss. “Eat as much as you can Eveline. And stay in bed. I don’t know what happened but the last thing I want is to see you fall back into… whatever this sickness was. Understood?” He whispered sternly.

Nodding her head respectfully, Eveline smiled back up at her father as he rose before he turned to leave. “I want all staff at her beck and call. If she needs anything, give it to her! Understood?” He snapped quickly, the unison response of the room resonating as he left. For now, he had something he needed to do.

 

He needed to find out, just what the good Doctor from the night before had done to his little girl…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

Laughing as she ran around their rose garden, Eveline let out quiet screams as she was chased by a pair of the maids who had been playing with her over the past two hours. Out of bed for a day and she was already more energetic than she had ever been. This truly was a miracle.

Sitting on their deck as they observed her curiously, both Mr. and Mrs. Ventris were quiet as they watched their child playing. There was something wrong with her. It had been little things at first that hadn’t added up… but she was their daughter. They could see right through her. Something was very wrong.

Eveline was a shut-in for a better word. She kept to herself, and to her studies and never seemed to want to play with the other children that they had introduced to her. But, here she was now running from the staff as they played some kind of a game.

Looking at his daughter crossed, the burly man laced his fingers as he watched her closely. It had just happened again. Running in circles around the tiring maids, the blonde grinned giddily as she let them get close to her before she suddenly dived under one of the maid’s dresses and took off in the opposite direction much to their dismay. She was like a fount of boundless energy now… and a completely different little girl.

“What should we do…? S-She’s not still sick, is she?” Looking over at his wife, the raven-haired man kept a solemn face as he watched her closely. “No… but something's definitely wrong. I have someone looking into this… We just have to be patient. And we have to make sure she’s happy. We don’t know if her illness will come back or not… so let her have her fun for now. She deserves at least that.” He muttered.

Nodding her head, the blonde haired woman, frowned as she looked towards her daughter as well. She was never as active with Eveline as her husband was, someone had to be in charge of their manufacturing. But, even so… she knew this was wrong.

As they both watched their daughter, however, something soon became very apparent to them. She didn’t seem to like the sun when it touched her. Watching the little blonde as she ran out from under the shadow of a cloud, the bright rays shined down on the child before she stiffened. Rubbing her skin as if it were itching, Eveline quickly ran back under the shade before she began running with the Maids once more.

The subtle interaction didn’t happen often… but, it did enough for the perturbed man to take notice.

 

And notice he did…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

“I’ve tried to find out what I could like you asked, but, he’s a ghost.”

 

Staring across his regal desk as he looked on at his private tracker, Mr. Ventris scowled before shaking his head. “How can you find nothing? He’s a white-haired man as tall as me! People like that don’t just wander about unnoticed. Someone had to have seen him!” He snapped.

Crossing his arms, the trench-coat-clad individual nodded his head before taking out a small notepad. “All I’ve got was that whoever this guy is; he came in from the south. He traveled by night alone as hard to believe as that is. A guardsman at our neighboring town, Garsburrow, said he remembered seeing someone like this wander in briefly but as quick as he came he was gone. He did mention his eyes seemed to almost glow though. Red if I remember correctly. But, there’s not much to say on the word of an overworked gatekeeper.  Whoever this *Doctor* is, he likes his privacy. I’m afraid without some type of a lead there honestly not much I can do from here on out. I’ll keep eyes and ears open on the surrounding villages for any rumors I might hear but until I get a hit, my hands are tied on this one. There just isn’t enough Sir. ” He muttered, his words being reacted to as expected as he saw anger flash across the raven-haired man’s face.

“Get, out…” Bowing his head, the tracker nodded knowing to leave when he was ordered. A man like the Ventris head was not one to trifle with. He could back up his words with his actions… Not to mention he was on his payroll.

Stepping out of the venting man’s study, the Ventris head clenched his fists angrily as he was left alone. Despite all of his attempts he simply couldn’t locate the man who had done something to his little girl. He could remember it vividly now… and he was furious.

Somehow this stranger had stumbled into their family’s home. Demanded luxuries in the midst of midnight, and made him leave his daughter's side as he did who knows what to her while she was alone! And now… now something was very wrong with her.

Rubbing his brow the man sighed before looking out the large bay window behind him. It had been three days since this event took place in his ancestral household, and now, just four more days remained till the stranger supposedly came back for… compensation…

Narrowing his eyes, the raven-haired man stood up before making his way towards the door. He’d be damned if he let this man near his daughter again. And he’d be damned to pay him even a single coin until he told him just what he had done to his heiress…

As he made his way to the door, however, the man paused briefly as something clicked in his mind. ‘Glowing red eyes…’ Furrowing his brow, the man closed his office door before making his way towards their families study. He needed to find a book. Something he had personally never read before…

But, if whatever that guardsmen had said before was true, then there was now a clue he had that he didn’t have before.

 

His own daughter seemed to be afflicted with this strange anomaly to…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Walking up to her Master's study with trepidation, Caitriona carried a small tea set on the palm of her right hand before gently rapping on the chamber door. Waiting for a response she didn’t expect to hear, the maid lowered her head before opening the door anyways.

“Sir, I’ve brought you something to drink. Perhaps a break is in order?” She muttered softly as she peered in. Staring at the mountain of books in front of her, as the once clean and tidy desk was covered from head to toe in parchment and tomes, the redheaded woman stepped forward as she made her way around the mess.

Looking past the small hill of papers, her eyes soon landed on a much disheveled Ventris, and the man’s eyes scanned the book he was reading religiously. Moving her hand to the table, the woman gently pushed a small pile aside before setting the tea set down so it could rest.

“Sir… it’s been two days since you’ve locked yourself in your library. The Mistress is getting worried… and, and the young heiress has requested you. She misses you, sir.” Caitriona whispered. As her eyes scanned some of the words on the pages, however, the maid frowned as she understood why he seemed so entranced by their words.

Was this real? Staring at the book distantly, the man’s hand rose weakly before he flicked it signaling for her to leave him be. Bowing respectfully, the redhead nodded before making her way out of the chamber. She knew he was determined to figure this out. And regretfully, that meant he would do anything and everything within his power to do so. She just hoped everything would pan out properly. There seemed to be a dark cloud hanging over this manors head as of the young heiress’s recovery. Not everyone noticed it… but as the head of the maid, and the one charged with catering to their home, she did…

 

And if Mr. Ventris’s assumption was right… creatures of the night needed to be handled very carefully.

 

 

Especially those of Vampires…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

*"And so it finally came… the day the stranger said he would return. Regretfully, I was unaware of this interaction. No, I found out sometime later… and I despise my parents for their actions. If they had gone about this differently, perhaps my future may have been… something more.

But, no… The past is the past… and it is written in stone, and, in blood…"*

 

~

 

Sitting in his lounge chair in the main hall of his manor, Mr. Ventis eyed the clock on the wall as he looked at it darkly, clenching his fists as the minutes ticked by. It wouldn’t be much longer, he could feel it. That same trepidation from the first time the stranger had come had returned.

It was almost as if he was here even now. Taking a deep breath to steady himself, the man rested his head back as he crossed his arms. Something was going to go down this night. One of two things… If it was his assumption, then that made things worse than they had to be. If not, then the good *Doctor* had a lot of explaining to do. Either way, there was still a plague hanging over his daughter... when one left another took its place. He planned on ridding her of it tonight...

Moving his arms down as he felt the hard metal against his waist, Ventris head nodded to himself before looking back to the clock. Five till midnight… why must it be so late…? Leaning back in his chair as he tried to calm his nerves, the man soon felt his eyelids beginning to close, before sharp and succinct knock, echoed throughout the entire manor.

Jolting up in an instant, Mr. Ventris narrowed his eyes as the knock echoed twice more. Waiting to hear anything else, he didn't. Looking towards the rafters above him, he nodded before making his way over towards the main hall.

Stepping into view as he eyes the front entrance to his estate, the burly man clenched his knuckled before taking a step forward, then another, and another. He could feel the weight in his feet as he walked. It was fear…

Adjusting his suit, a habit that all Ventris seemed to do regardless of genetics, the man combed back his hair before standing in front of the door. Reaching for the handle, his hand almost touched the brass before a loud crackle of lightning struck the skies.

Shivering from the weathered warning, the man took a deep breath before continuing. Opening the front door, Mr. Ventris eyed who he expected to see. Standing tall, clouded in black, and dripping from head to toe, was the good Doctor…

Raising his head up, the red-eyed man grinned beneath his coverings before bowing his head. “May I come in?” Stepping to the side as he presented the entrance, the raven-haired man glared at him as he saw him standing still.

“And if I said no?” Chuckling beneath his cowl, the white-haired stranger closed his eyes before turning around. “Then, I suppose I’d have to leave… now wouldn’t I? but, I don’t think you’re going to say that. How fairs the young Heiress?” Clenching his fists, Mr. Ventris breathed deeply through his nose before stepping back into his hallway. “Come in…”

Turning around, the strangers smile never faltered as he followed in tow. Shrugging off his cloak once inside, the white-haired man shook his hair as he freed himself of the light droplets of water that had fallen onto him. “The weather around here is truly terrifying. I can’t understand how you can bare it. One minute, it’s so nice and dreary… the next…” He paused before raising his eyes to meet his host's brown ones.

“Savage. Truly, horrific if you ask me. May I make a request of you?” Looking over his shoulder at the Doctor, the raven-haired man nodded. “Tea would be just lovely. I’ve been walking for a such a long time. Perhaps that lovely young miss you employ could fetch me some. She would be a treasure to see again.” He chuckled.

Stepping over to his main hall, the raven-haired man said nothing as he walked in, his voice soon ringing out once he was out of sight. “There's no need. I prepared some already…” Raising his brow, the red-eyed stranger grinned from ear to ear before stepping forward.

“My, my… you flatter me. You must have been expectant of my arrival. It’s almost-“Before another word could be uttered from the man, however, as he walked into the room something suddenly fell over him. Watching the sickening grin on the white-haired man’s face as a massive blade fell down from the rafters, the crash echoed through the manor rocking the foundation to its core.

Stepping over towards his chair, Mr. Ventris glared at the large guillotine as he stared at the entrance of his chambers. Looking back up at the rafters, or more specifically, at the four men who had been operating the deadly trap, he sighed. “Good job, we got him.” Right or not, he wasn’t going to take chances… not when his daughter's life might be on the line.

“As if… you were paranoid…” Pausing mid-step, the raven-haired man, along with everyone else in the room paled as they heard a sickeningly sweet chuckling coming from between the blade embedded in the ground. Turning back around, the burly man clenched his fists as his worst fears came true.

 

He had been right…

 

Flicking off the splinters over his red collar, the white-haired man, looked over his shirt before his head slowly turned to the Ventris head, the men up above cursing as they saw the creature of legends. It really was one. No human could have predicted that let alone avoided it... “I take it that means I’m no longer welcome here? For shame… and after I did everything I could to save your precious little girl.” He smiled.

Breathing deeply as he kept his composure intact, a feat none of the others in the room were capable of currently, Mr. Ventris stepped over to the table near his chair before picking up one of the two teacups that had been placed out.

“And tell me… how does turning my only daughter… into a Monster fall under, saving her?” He whispered through his teeth before taking a shallow sip from his drink. Walking further into the room, the white-haired man, smiled further as he neared the other man.

“You’ve scoured the land, looking far and wide, trying to find anyone… anything, to save your heiress. You just wanted her to be better, after all, the legacy of the famed Ventris must live on through her. She is your first born, as is the tradition.” He remarked calmly before crossing his arms. For a Monster, he was certainly calm about being found out. Though, why shouldn’t he be? He could kill any of them anytime he pleased.

“And just why would a Vampire want to have anything to do with us, humans?” Grinning wider as his eyes slowly began to glow, the good *Doctor* chuckled, before his voice turned into a shallow sigh. “My motives are not of your concern. Eveline, Ventris, is cured. A Doctor came, and rid her of her illness before being compensated and leaving. No more need be known. As for that compensation, however…” He trailed off before walking around the other side of the table.

Turning the small dish around so the other cup was facing the Monster before him, Mr. Ventris reached for the teapot in front of him before refilling his cup. “Let me guess, a claim to the Ventris name, something written and documented legally? You Vampires aren’t all mindless savages, right? No… you like doing things slowly since you have all the time in your rotting world…” He whispered bitterly.

Taking the teacup presented to him, the Vampire sighed before bringing the tea up to his nose. Giving it a tentative sniff, he smiled before shaking his head. “I want her.” Stiffening in an instant, Mr. Ventris looked at the man in front of him shocked before feeling his composure slipping.

Gripping his cup harder, he growled beneath his breath as he heard the subtle laughter beneath the monster's breath. “You… want, my daughter?” He spat out. Nodding as casually as if their conversation were normal, the vampire sighed before bringing the tea cup up to his lips once more.

“Indeed. She’s no good to you currently. She’ll need to be taught, properly. This is how we function. Once I have her trained, she’ll return, and your Heiress will go on rightfully, and with it, taking the Ventris Company under her wing when the time is right. Your name will live on, and your claim to the land will prosper exponentially. Not a very bad deal if you ask me. The other nobles I’ve approached didn’t think so.” He smiled.

Feeling the porcelain crack in his hands, Mr. Ventris glared at the man before him before setting the chipped cup down, a light trail of blood dripping from his palm as he stared back at the Vampire. “No… you can’t have her. I won’t give my daughter, to the likes of you…” He growled.

Sighing, the red-eyed man lowered his glass before simply shaking his head. “And, you expected this to be a choice, why? Mrs. Eveline will be accompanying me back to… I’ll keep that to myself for now. As I’ve said, she will return, in time. But, one way or another she will be coming with me. We can do this sooner rather than later though… you don’t look so good.” He remarked cheekily.

Feeling his arms trembling, the raven-haired man tried to keep himself composed but it was finally gone. Falling to his knee’s as he spat out blood, the Ventris head grit his teeth in pain as he saw the smug vampire staring down at him.

“I must say you truly are an interesting individual. Poisoning your own tea, and drinking it to make it appear safe to ingest? Now that’s crafty. I assume the antidote is close by? But, moving on, there’s one flaw with that plan. If I don’t drink it, and you do, then only one of us will be poisoned.” He smiled.

Cupping his chest as he felt the burning sensation inside him, the raven-haired man panted softly as he tried to bare it. How did he know? Keeping the cup in hand, the Vampire walked around the table before kneeling down in front of the downed man as he watched him in amusement.

“If you knew I was a vampire, I would have assumed you would have done your research Mr. Ventris. For shame, for shame indeed. Our sense of smell is so keen, that if even a single blade of grass were cut in a rainstorm, we would be able to pinpoint it!” He muttered darkly.

Bringing the cup back up to his nose, he sniffed the tea once more before sighing. “Earl Gray, my favorite… what a shame indeed. But, we mustn’t waste. That would be a sin,” He grinned before bringing the tea cup up to his lips, and tilting it back.

Watching in shock as the Vampire willing sipped the poison-laced drink, the raven-haired man grit his teeth as he watched it happen in front of him. What was going on?! Finishing his drink in a single gulp, the man let out a raspy gasp before licking his lips.

“Not bad, your poison didn’t alter the taste. What was it, cyanide? Deadly Nightshade perhaps?” He grinned. Shaking his head, the man set the cup down on the table behind him as he continued to smile. “I’m sorry to inform you though Mr. Ventris… poisons won’t work on my kind. Our saliva filters toxins and our blood purify them. All you’ve done was simply given my drink a little spice.” He laughed.

Looking back up at the rafters at the group of men still paralyzed by his presence, the Vampire sighed before shaking his head. “A homemade guillotine, a small hunting party of novices, and a poisoned drink? I’m almost insulted. I pegged you as a wise man… and this is all you’ve given me in return. Well… Regardless, it’s time you paid up.” He muttered darkly before standing back up.

Moving over towards the door, the Vampire paused as he heard a shallow coughing behind him, along with a voice. “I-It wasn’t… nightshade…” Feeling his smile grown, the red-eyed man turned heel before looking back at the raven haired man.

“I like you. I really do. You keep surprising me. What is this? Are you attempting to mock me after you, yourself drank your own poison?” He laughed. This was like a play! Standing up shakily, Mr. Ventris fell against his chair before his bloodstained lips twitched into a cruel smile.

“Do… do you feel it yet? You’ve killed yourself you arrogant bastard…” He spat out weakly. Scowling at the man in front of him, the Vampire’s brow rose, before feeling something. Blinking as his stomach began to heat up, the white-haired man looked down at his shirt before grunting. What?!

Crying out in pain, the Vampire clenched his stomach in agony before falling onto a knee. He felt like his insides were burning from the inside out with hellfire! Looking up as his vision slowly began to blur and shift all around, the Vampire growled before standing back up in difficulty.

“W-What, d-did you do!” He snarled, the room suddenly creaking as the walls began to shake. Smirking as he felt himself slowly settling into the pain, Mr. Ventris wiped off his lips with his wrist before smiling back at the enraged man.

“It wasn’t cyanide either… It was aconitum. I did do my research. You bloodsuckers don’t like wolfsbane that much do you?” He grinned. Glaring at the man intensely, the Vampire lifted his arm in the air before the raven-haired man shot back into the wall behind him. Stumbling forward in agony, the white-haired Vampire screamed in pain as he thrashed around.

He... was wrong? He fell for it… hook line and sicker. Impossible! He was just a human! “Now!” Hearing an order barked from the struggling man in front of him, the Vampire looked up wirily in confusion before his eyes widened. Jumping down from the ceiling, the once cowardly men now wore stone faces as they lunged at him with glistening spears.

‘W-What…’ Jolting upright as he was impaled by multiple rods, the Vampire coughed as blood fell spat from his mouth. ‘B-But… y-you’re human's…’ Panting tiredly against the wall, Mr. Ventris stood up slowly as he groaned in pain. “You, you underestimate the power of house Ventris… we may be a family of designers and tailors… but were not those nobles you speak of.” He spat angrily.

The house of Ventris didn’t take demands… and they didn’t respond to threats well either, be it from humans, or from Monsters. Stumbling forward as he eyes the pinned Vampire on the ground, the raven-haired man pulled out a long knife from his belt before flipping it over.

“You’re arrogant… and pretentious… you’re more like the nobles I’ve seen strutting around this town. And I know how to deal with them… just like I know how to deal with you.” He growled before stepping closer. Looking on in pain, the Vampire was still speechless by all that had just transpired.

He had fallen for it all. The fake trap… the scared men… the poisoned tea. It was all set up in a way he would fall for it. Glaring at the man moving closer towards him, the weakened Vampire tried to raise his arm up, but the spear puncturing it prevented even that.

“You… are m-making a big, mistake…” He whispered shrilly. Standing over the Vampire, the battered man shook his head before flipping the knife back over in his hand. “No, I’m killing a Monster.” Plunging the knife down into his white locks, the Vampire jolted before the red in his eyes began to fade.

With what little strength he had left, the Vampire couldn’t help but grin, even now. “Y-Y-You’ve, k-killed her… t-twice…” Falling back on the ground as the pain from before came back, Mr. Ventris collapsed as he watched the Vampire’s head hang limply, the rest of the men letting go of their spears as he fell to the ground lifelessly, before his body slowly began to turn black.

Watching the bizarre interaction as the Monster literally turned to ash in front of his very eyes, the spears that had once been embedded into him fell to the ground with a clatter before all was silent once more. The storm was over, and with it, the night…

 

It was all, over…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Looking at his head nurse as she gave him more to drink, Mr. Ventris sighed as the pain from before began to fade. He had to get a mortician to administer the proper dose of aconitum to hit tea kettle. Any more and he probably would have died. Thankfully the stuff was stronger on Vampires and for that matter Monsters in general then it was on humans.

‘That, and pride…’ He expected the Vampire to know something was off, but, he boasted so openly, even till the end. But now, it was done. Well… almost… Looking across the nursing room towards the open door, the raven-haired man stood up much to his Nurses dismay before making his way into the hallway.

Stumbling forward tiredly, Mr. Ventris looked on as he saw his head maid, Caitriona standing guard outside his daughter’s chambers as ordered. “Let me see her…” Frowning, the redheaded woman nodded before stepping aside.

 

She had already told him… but… he needed to see it for himself.

 

Looking into his daughter’s bedroom, the young Heiress sat up in her bed tiredly as she yawned from having just woken up. Upon noticing her father’s presence, however, Eveline smiled happily before waving to her daddy, her red eyes glowing a bright shade of crimson, as she looked on at him in happiness.

He had prayed, prayed before the night was over, that everything would go back to normal with the mysterious Doctors death… but, that wasn’t the case. It wasn’t over, and, it never would be. Eveline… his daughter…

 

She was still, a Vampire…

 

 

 

To be continued…

 

 

End Notes:

 

Props to F.W once again, this chapter got me really hyped for what Eve's going to be going through now that she stuck like this. Some ideas came up in the past but honestly, not a lot was really told to me beyond her personality. I can't wait to see what you do Senpai!

 

I hope to be back again soon, bye everyone!

Something Lost - Part 2 by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

 

It feels good to see this story thriving even if I'm not here. Well, thankfully I'll be heading back soon. Got the for sure we're going home in November so expect me to be writing back to my usual schedule once that happens. :D

But I do want to thank Franchise Writer for taking over in my absense, I have personally but I can't say it enough. He's been helping me ever since I started and even now he still keeps me going. XD

This chapter was intresting to read to say the least and I look forward to what you all think. Either way it should be a fun time and I'm eager to know what he still has planned for Eve.

But, let me not rabble on, lets get to the fun part!

 

Enjoy~

 

 

 

*"So my family had their precious *Heiress* back, a title that seems to hold more value than the person it’s given to. But, I wasn’t all there, if you catch my drift. The illness I developed sealed my fate. And that Vampire from before knew it. With my death, came about the sad turn of events that led up to me finding myself in these caverns amongst these other Monsters you’ve come to know.

 

And, the tragic realization… that I was no longer considered human, in my parent's eyes…*"

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Two weeks later…

 

Moving around the upper halls of the manor, Caitriona kept a calm face as she tried to ignore it, ignore what everyone here had been listening to for the past three days. Dusting off the mantle over a rich fireplace, the head maid paused as a loud crash rumbled through the wall as bloodcurdling screams rang out all around once more.

It was the young mistress throwing another temper tantrum again. They were increasing by the day, and now, by the hour. Sighing, the auburn-haired woman tucked the small ruffle of feathers she had been using beneath her arm before pacing towards the young blonde's bedchambers.

Eying the door broken off its hinges as one of the other staff members clenched his dislocated arm in pain, the redhead walked past him indifferently as she peered into the room. Rocking back and forth on her bed, Eveline panted through her teeth as she gripped her head. She felt, so, hungry… it, it hurt…

It was driving her mad. In her room, once pristine and pamper, was now a mess which the likes she had never made. Dishes of food of all forms were shattered on the floor. Plates and glasses had been thrown against the wall. The curtain as well had been nailed down over the window letting in as little light as possible. And now, a new door was needed as well… along with a new butler.

Stepping over part of the mess, Caitriona Looked on at Eveline as she child sobbed. She had been like this for over a week now, hurting... and it was hurting herself too. “It wasn’t to your liking either, was it?” Raising her twitching face up, the child sobbed as she shook her head.

“I, I’m, I’m hungry… p-p-please…” Eveline stuttered out tearfully as her stomach let out an eerie gurgling squelch. Moving her hand up to her chest, the maid bowed before turning around. “I’ll go to the kitchen and have the chef prepare you some more cuisines. We’ll find you something more to your new appetite, I promise.” Smiling weakly at her pseudo-mother of sorts, Eveline nodded as she watched Caitriona walk out of her room before helping the butler up as well as they both walked away.

Rocking back and forth as she waited for her to return, Eveline’s bloody eyes shot around as she heard noises everywhere. Her ears, they were a lot stronger than they were a few days ago. And all this incessant noise was driving her mad!

The birds outside that chirped sounded more like vultures cawing directly in her ears! And the sound of rain was like shots being fired from muskets every time they hit the pavement. Even the sound of people walking up and down the manor stairs sounded like thunder crashing against her eardrums.

Shaking her head as she cupped her ears harder, the blonde licked her lips as she felt her body burning from the inside out. Her stomach, she was so hungry. She didn’t understand it. Every time she tried to eat something, it… it just tasted like ash in her mouth!

Chicken, pork, potatoes, carrots, milk, water! Everything turned to dust once it hit her tongue! She just wanted something to eat! Crying miserably, Eveline fell to her side as she clawed her tattered bedsheets. Raising her hand weekly to her face, the blonde’s eyes radiated crimson as they reflected off her elongated nails. They looked more like claws at this point…

And she kept shredding her bed apart when she slept. This had been the third replacement she had gotten in the following weeks of her recovery… if you could even call it that. She had just traded one plague for another. But worst of all… unlike her prior illness, her parents didn’t come by every day to check on her… in fact, she hadn’t seen either of them in over five days.

Whimpering as she sniveled weakly, Eveline shook her head. She just wanted things to go back to the way they were. Something was changing in her… and she didn’t understand what it was. All she could do was hope…

 

That’s all she had left…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Standing at attention, Caitriona looked down at Eveline as she watched her, praying under her breath as she waited for either a pleased... or a disgruntled reaction to her new meal. Having one of the few kitchen staff that remained set down something in front of her, the others had quit after being on the receiving end of the child’s wrath, the redhead waited as she saw the blonde lean up slowly. Looking back at them with darkened eyes, along with her messy unwashed locks and feral fangs and nails, even the maid had to shiver.

She truly did resemble a monster. Clenching her hands behind her back, the woman bowed before twitching her neck, a signal for the butler to get out, something he did rather swiftly in fact. He didn’t want to be in her as much as anyone else did. No one in this manor wanted to be near this… thing. But, she would be by the young mistress’s side as long as needed. It was expected of her by Lord Ventris… wherever he was… Not to mention she was her charge, ever since she was born in fact.

Watching as the child was sniffing the brass pan, Caitriona cautiously moved her hand towards it before pulling the lid off. Furrowing her brow, Eveline looked down at the crisp slab of meat in front of her as she scowled, but, she continued to sniff it tentatively none the less. Something was different. It smelled delicious, all the food did… but, something else was there. As she looked over the meat before her, the child soon figured it out.

Pooling beneath the steak was a large puddle of blood. It seemed it hadn’t been fully cooked, or, at least it was served to her red. Looking back at her maid quizzically, Caitriona simply bowed her head once more. “Please, try it at least. I-I have a hunch…” She muttered weakly.

Frowning, the younger girl nodded before picking up the fork beside her new dish, only for the metal bend in half like it was made of paper. She didn’t even know why she tried anymore… this had been the fifteenth or sixteenth one this week…

Looking back at the redhead, she nodded approvingly before Eveline picked up the meat with her bare hands. If her father saw her doing this he’d be appalled… thankfully though, Caitriona didn’t have loose lips. Bringing the bloody steak to her lips, the younger girl sniffed it once again before opening her mouth weakly.

Taking a small bite from the dripping meat, Eveline chewed it cautiously before her eyes shot open. Looking down at it in shock, a crooked smile slowly made its way to her lips. She, she could taste it… it tasted sweet… like, sugar actually. Was meat supposed to taste like that?

Tossing any sense of curiosity out the window, Eveline growled before snapping her teeth around the hunch of meat, her fangs tearing it apart as if it were nothing. Taking a step back as she smiled quietly, Caitriona nodded as she saw the young mistress devouring the bloody steak as if she were a starving wolf… then again…

As she shredded the meat apart with her fingers, Eveline’s smile never faded, even once she swallowed the final piece. Licking her fingers giddily, the blonde even went as far as to start cleaning the platter with her tongue. She couldn’t get enough of this taste!

Moving over to the dish to take it once it looked thoroughly cleaned, Caitriona reached down before jumping back in surprise as Eveline growled at her, her face scrunched into an angry glare as she hissed at her defensively. Moving her shaking hand back behind her, the maid stepped backward before making her way towards the door. She’d have to prepare more for her immediately.

It didn’t look like the blonde was done… and she was afraid to see her hungry again, now that she had a taste for blood…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Standing over her Master’s study as he wrote on various documents beneath him, Caitriona watched in silence as she waited for him to acknowledge her presence. She had been trying to get his attention for some time now, but, he didn’t look like he wanted to be disturbed. In fact, it seemed like he was deliberately choosing to ignore her.

As minutes ticked by, a quiet sigh escaped the haggard man's lips before he glared back at the redhead. It was clear she didn’t intend on leaving until he spoke to her. “What is it Caitriona, I’m very busy.” He snapped. Gripping her wrists behind her back, the auburn-haired woman bowed before looking back at her Master.

“Sir, the young Mistress has been requesting your presence for days. Perhaps, a break is in order. She really misses you… and, she’s scared…” She whispered. Looking back at his work, Mr. Ventris scowled further before lifting his hand and flicking his wrist. “That’s it? Leave me be, I need to finish what I’m doing. Keep catering to her as ordered. If she wants something she can get it from you. Dismissed.” He barked before silence lingered in the room.

Glaring at the man, Caitriona bowed her head begrudgingly before turning to leave. “As you wish, Sir…” Stepping back to the study doors, the maid let herself out before closing them gently behind her, her face shifting into one of anger once she was out of sight.

 

“I’m sorry Miss Eveline… I tried…”

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

*"Weeks went by, and nothing changed. I was catered to by staff and maids alike while my parents never came to see me… not even when I begged. And things only got worse from there. It seemed I had acquired a taste for certain… delights after what Caitriona had done for me. Yet, as much as I treasured her insightful decision at the time… it turned out that it was a grave mistake in the end…

And it pushed me one step further into becoming what you see me as now…"*

 

~

 

 

Standing at the blonde’s bedside as she ate, Caitriona stared down at the ground as she chose not to look. Eveline was getting worse and she knew it. Biting her tongue as she tried to stop herself, the maid soon found she couldn’t. Peeking up at the child as she heard wolfish growls and snarls, the redhead shivered in fear as she watched her shredding the bloody piece of meat in front of her that she had been served for lunch today.

She had been eating the same dish for weeks now, and it didn’t look like she wanted anything else. Grinning as her lips twitched upward on their own, Eveline’s eyes were glowing red as she scraped her nails through the tendons in the meat, the muscles being sliced easily by her hands now as she learned how to use her nails… err, claws?

She didn’t know. But, she didn’t need utensils anymore, no one would give her any. In fact, some of the staff simply threw her food at her like she was some type of animal. But, she didn’t care either. All she cared about was stopping this hunger. It was driving her mad once more.

It seemed no matter how much she ate the pit in her stomach wouldn’t fill up. She needed something else, but she didn’t know what! Lifting the haunch of meat over her lips, Eveline sniffed it gingerly as the tantalizing smell wavered in her nostrils. Growling once more, she snapped at it viciously before ripping it apart till there was nothing even left.

Licking up her hands as she cleaned herself off, Eveline looked back at Caitriona as she saw her peeking looks back at her. “More… bring me more…” She muttered, a guttural growl in her tone as she felt the hunger gnawing at her insides.

Nodding her head, Caitriona moved to leave as she made her way across the massive mess the blonde had been living in. It was disgusting, to say the least, but, she requested it. The smell helped her sleep… It smelled like death…

Watching the woman walking towards her bedroom door, Eveline slowly turned her head as she watched her in curiosity. Caitriona had been her personal maid since she was a baby… So why was it now that she looked so, pretty? So… delicious…

Twitching as her hand slowly rose up, the white of Eveline’s eyes started to glow as well as her entire field of vision grew crimson. All she could see was red. Pausing mid-step, Caitriona furrowed her brow as she balanced on one foot.

Trying to put her foot down, the maid soon found, that she couldn’t. In fact, she was turning around. Finding herself face to face with Eveline, Caitriona shivered as she saw the demonic child staring back at her… eerily…

Sitting upright in her bed as her clawed hand outstretched towards her, half of the child’s face smiled at her while the other was seemingly sneering. What was going on? Pulling her finger upwards as she drew it towards her, Eveline’s eyes glowed brighter as she saw the sweating maid taking a shaky step towards her… and then another… and another after that…

She wasn’t walking of her own accord… Paling as she stood in front of Eveline, the auburn-haired woman gulped as she saw Eveline smiling savagely back at her. As she looked at Caitriona, all she could see, was glowing tendrils of sanguine light, all throughout her body. They were red, and they were like a beacon to her.  It, it was her blood…

Licking her lips, Eveline parted hers as she started to pant hungrily. She looked, delicious… and her smell, it was starting to drive her insane… Leaning her head down for her on her own, Caitriona’s eyes grew hazy as she felt herself slipping into a state of unconsciousness. What was happening to her?

As her eyes blackened completely, the redhead started to move robotically as she lifted her hands up towards her long flowing locks. Gathering them together, the maid moved them out of the way as she displayed her bare neck for the child.

Salivating as she saw the largest cluster of red in front of her eyes drool pooled from her mouth as she leaned down hungrily. Sniffing her skin as her nose made contact, the blonde couldn’t control herself as she shook with anticipation. She was yummy… she smelled so good… she needed a taste… NEEDED A BITE!

Opening her mouth as she bared her fangs, Eveline began to snarl as she moved her teeth towards the redhead’s jugular. ‘Just one bite… just a taste!’ She needed this! As her teeth made contact with the woman’s neck, she slowly began to bite down, before pausing as she felt her hands shaking uncontrollably.

As the red in her eyes slowly began to fade, Eveline blinked drowsily before pulling her mouth back, her saliva still connecting her to Caitriona as she stared down at her Maid in… in shock. What was she doing? Feeling the woman shivering on her lap, the blonde stared down at the redhead as she saw her slowly leaning back up.

As their eyes met, however, a pang of fear was present in both their eyes and her stoic maid of 6 years, was crying. Looking back at the little Vampire in terror, Caitriona whimpered as she felt her body slowly returning to normal. Falling backward's as she landed on her rear, the maid scampered away from her as she panted, what was she about to do to her?!

Lifting her hand towards her maid, Eveline opened her mouth to speak, but Caitriona didn’t wait. Seeing her hand moving towards her again, the redhead kicked off the ground in a fit before crawling to her feet. Running out of the room in a hurry, the redhead cried she tried to get out of the room.

She could feel it… feel the lite prick in her neck… Eveline, her Heiress… she tried to bite her. Crying harder as she leaned against the railing of the double-sided staircase, she soon couldn’t take it. Wailing loudly, she cried. She almost lost her life… to the person, she had been nurturing all her life. This thing was no longer the Eveline she knew… This thing... it wasn't her...

 

And something had to be done…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

*"Word spreads fast in such a small estate as mine. With the few staff that remained, news of what I had done to my most loyal of keepers was out. And with that, the few remaining staff members left as well. No one wanted to be in the same dwelling, as a Monster.

I, I didn’t see much of Caitriona from then on. She showed up a couple times a week at most, and when she did it was only to push food towards me like everyone else did. I wasn’t being treated the way an upper-class woman should be. I was being treated… like a wild beast.

But, that was what I became in the end… and in the end, it became the final nail in the coffin for my father. To him…

 

The Eveline he knew was dead…"*

 

~

 

Looking at the covered window in silence, Eveline glowered as her arms gripped her stomach. The pain was unimaginable. The bloody meat she had been eating didn’t seem to work anymore. It was now beginning to taste like ash too. How could something so juicy and sweet taste… decrepit? She didn’t honestly know. And no one wanted to make her anything else. They didn’t have much of the kitchen staff still remaining. Maybe one, two? She didn’t know, nor care.

All she knew, was her life was turning to hell… and she didn’t understand why. Burying her face up to her eyes in her arms, the blonde clenched and unclenched her knuckles as they popped repeatedly. She could feel her bones popping whenever she moved. Was this healthy?

Looking back towards the window as she heard water pounding against the cobbled streets outside, the child sniffed the air as she smelled the faintest hints of rainfall amongst the other assortments of food and trash that had been piling up in her chambers.

Perhaps, she needed to get out. Staying inside like this couldn’t be healthy. And besides… she needed to find something else to eat soon. No one else would do it for her. Leaning up slowly as she heard her back cracking, Eveline yawned tiredly before stretching her body out.

Pulling the tattered blanket off her as pieces of the cloth fell away, the blonde glared at it before chucking it to the side. Landing on her feet as she crouched, the child rolled her neck before standing up, her eyes almost entirely red as she looked around.

She was getting fed up with only seeing the world like this. How could things have progressed like this? She was unconscious, then healthy, then… whatever this was. What was this illness? Hearing a thumping noise coming towards her door, Eveline's head rose as she shifted her gaze towards the broken doorframe.

Seconds later, someone came into view. Feeling her breath hitch, the blonde’s mouth opened up in surprise before her lips began to twitch into a smile. It was him… “Eveline, y-you’re awake… that’s, good.” Looking up at her father as he stood in front of the room, the child whimpered before nodding happily.

“H-Hi daddy…” Watching the man flinch from her words for some reason, Eveline disregarded it as she continued to stare at him before moving forward. Sweating as he saw his daughter approaching, Mr. Ventris gulped as he felt her hands wrap around his midsection.

Hugging him warmly, Eveline felt her lips trembling as she held onto him tightly. She had missed her dad so much. Why didn’t he visit her until now? She didn’t understand. Sniffling as she looked back up at him, the raven-haired man couldn’t look her in the eyes… her eerie, bloody eyes…

“Y-You’re mother and I have been discussing things recently Eveline… And, we think that perhaps it’s time for us to take you out more. Maybe towards the evening or early mornings, we know you don’t like the light that much. I-If you’re able to walk now, then… perhaps you just need to exercise yourself. H-How does that sound? Just us three…” He all but whispered.

Feeling her mouth open up, Eveline’s eyes lit up as she listened to the man's words. Just the three of them? No staff members tailing around? No maids having to play with her because they didn’t want to? Just her… and her parents?

Whimpering as tears welled up in her eyes, Eveline nodded happily before hugging her father harder, her face burying into his stomach as she cried. “Y-Y-Yes! T-That sounds like fun! P-Please, I want to go out with you and Mommy, just like we used to!” She sputtered softly.

Grunting in discomfort as his spine was clenched painfully, the raven-haired man, stared down at Eveline as he felt guilt wracking him. Why couldn’t she have just been asleep? Patting her head gently, the man nodded as he rubbed her greasy locks.

“It will be fun. We’ll go out starting tomorrow. We’ll do whatever you want. J-Just… just like… just like old times…” He whispered. Smiling in bliss, all happiness Eveline felt… suddenly left her… as she felt the first pain she had felt other than her stomach in months.

Crying out in agony as something stabbed into her back, Eveline looked up at her father in confusion before paling. Crying as he gripped her shoulder, the Ventris head looked away, unable to meet his own daughter's eyes… as he gripped his hunting knife tightly by the hilt… the hilt lodged into his own child's back.

Coughing as something splattered from out of her lips, Eveline began to cry as she saw blood in front of her, her blood…  “D-Dad, daddy?” Gritting his teeth, the man yanked his knife out in one swift motion before shoving Eveline off of him and into the ground.

“Damn it… damn it all…” Cursing under his breath as he tried to hold his composure, the raven haired man screamed before lunging towards the blonde. Looking up at the bloody knife falling down towards her, Eveline felt time seemingly slowing down as she gazed at it.

 

‘D-D-Daddy…?’ 

 

As her eyes turned fully red, her body moved on its own now. Stabbing his knife into the ground where his daughter had just been, the man paled as she vanished from sight. Hearing a growling panting off to the side, he looked towards the window frame as he saw her… no, it.

Cupping the back of her neck where she felt the wound she had received, the Vampire hissed angrily as she backed up. She hurt. It hurt. What was this pain? “D-Dad… daddy… DADDY!” Screaming as the room began to shake, tears streamed down Eveline's cheeks as she cried.

Flailing her head as she screamed, her eyes shot open instantly as her hand rose above her head. Looking up in confusion as he gripped her father's arm, the knife he held raised above her head, anger flared to life for the first time in her life.

Clenching his hand painfully tight, Eveline shrieked before snapping it. Crying out in agony as his arm broke in half, Mr. Ventris fell backward's as he saw Eveline glaring back at him. Panting in pain as blood continued to dribble past her lips, the child shook her head before cupping her arms.

 

“E-Eveline…”

 

Turning her back to her father, the blonde glared at her window before it suddenly exploded outward. Watching the startling display, Mr. Ventris looked towards his the little Vampire, but, she was already gone. Jumping out the broken window, Eveline smashed into the ground painfully before crawling to her feet.

She didn’t know what was going on anymore, but, something was telling her to flee. What was this feeling? Was it, fear? She didn’t understand it. As the rain stained her cheeks alongside her tears, Eveline grit her teeth before running. Hearing the cries of her father behind her, the Vampire didn’t look back.

Her father… her daddy… he tried to kill her… he lied to her… it hurt so much… Rubbing her eyes dry in futility as the rain continued to fall, the child simply fled. She didn’t know where she was going, but, she had to get away… get away from him…

 

Her daddy… no longer loved her…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Thrashing around as rain hit her drenched body, Eveline snarled as she looked through the crimson haze surrounding her eyes. All she could see was red. And it was driving her mad. As she turned the corner on the dimly lit street, a building came into view.

Hissing, Eveline took off. Running towards the first lit house she had seen at this hour, the child tore past the area as she entered the yard. However… As her foot made contact with the building, something suddenly happened.

Freezing up, the blonde's eyes widened before she started to convulse. Coughing as blood began to spatter from her mouth, the child shrieked in sheer agony. What was this pain! Crying as blood dripped past her eyes, the vampire thrashed in trauma before falling backward.

Panting as she fell back onto the street, Eveline whimpered and cried as she looked at her foot. Smoke was coming out of it… and it was burning. What just happened?! Sputtering as she stared blankly at the burning ground in front of her, the door to the building soon opened up.

Stepping onto the porch, a trenchcoat-clad man furrowed his brow as he looked around before his vision shifted over to Eveline, all blood draining from his face once he saw her... or more, her glowing red eyes. Reaching her hand out towards the man pleadingly, he soon started to scream.

Feeling her stomach drop, Eveline’s eyes widened as she saw him grabbing something from inside his home. Extending her hand, Eveline cried as she tried to get his attention. “P-P-Please-“ Stiffening as something shot past her head, her jaw started to tremble as more tears began to slide down her cheeks.

Looking behind her at the arrow ledged into the ground, the little Vampire shivered before clenching her eyes. Crying out loudly, she kicked off the ground before crawling away, her pain forgotten as she tried to flee. She wasn’t welcomed here… and she was seen for what she was…

 

She was just... a Monster…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

~ 3 weeks later ~

 

 

*sniff, sniff…*

 

 

‘Food…’

 

Coming into a clearing a few miles off of Coleraine, the sun was beginning to rise as daybreak broke out over the horizon. As birds began chirping along with different animals awakening, the fields became alive as their day began.

However, all noise suddenly disappeared, all noise except, for a soft… guttural, growl. Raising its head from the patch of grass it was hiding in, a small rabbit looked around before peering off towards the treeline as a pair of red, glowing eyes stared back at it.

Kicking off the ground as it tried to run it was already too late. Snapping the tree behind her in half as she kicked off it, Eveline’s glowing eyes filled her field of vision in red as she saw her food running away from her. But, it wouldn’t get away.

Crashing into the small mammal, the blonde rolled on the ground as she struggled with it before snarling savagely. Sinking her fangs into the kicking creature, she fought for a few more seconds before drinking what she could.

Feeling the last of what she wanted wringing out of the creature, Eveline screamed angrily before tossing what remained away. She was still hungry! Why did it taste like ash?! SHE WANTED BLOOD! Turning around viciously as she looked for something else to drain, the child continued to cough and sputter as growls and vicious noises left her mouth.

Where was all the food… why did it always run? It would never escape her. Jumping as she began to chase anything that moved, her claws dug into the ground for traction as she scraped her way through the field to hunt. She could never stop… never stop hunting… Not until her hunger was sated…

As she ran, however, something soon entered her nostrils… something, tantalizing. Skidding to a stop as she sniffed the air deeply, the little Vampire snarled once more before taking off in a hurry. Some food was nearby. It smelled good…

 

She wanted a bite!

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Folding up her bedroll, as she dowsed the small fire she had been using the night before, a blonde woman garbed in a small yellow dress hummed softly as she tidied up the small section of land she had used for rest the night prior. Rolling the bedroll up and pushing it down to a better size, she nodded before pushing it inside a small burlap sack.

Tossing the portable bed over her back, she quickly got to work cleaning up her area. She didn’t like leaving anything behind. Who knows what might be attracted to her if she didn’t… speaking of…

Narrowing her eyes as she gently kicked the ashes apart, the blonde closed her eyes as she heard an ominous growl rumbling behind her. Turning her head, the woman expected to see some kind of savage beast… but instead, it was simply, a ratty, lone, little girl. She wore a tattered and stripped white dress that had seen better days. Blood and dirt smeared her body in various places as well. Such a strange sight to see, all the way out here…

Panting as her hands extended to her sides, the child continued to growl as she bared her fangs, her eyes like a beacon giving away that she was more then she appeared to be. Taking a few shaky steps towards the woman, Eveline licked her lips as she saw her food in front of her.

She smelled better than the animals she had been forced to feed on for so long. She smelled like real food. And her stomach was screaming at her. She had finally found a meal worthwhile. Showing little to no fear as she stared the child down, the woman sighed before shaking her head.

“A Vampire in the middle of the woods, and during the day no less? What kind of a country have I come to…” She mumbled more to herself than to her new acquaintance. Hearing none of the words the stranger spoke as her body screamed at her, Eveline began to stalk forward as she flexed her claws towards her.

 

 

Just a bite…

 

All she needed…

 

Was just...

 

One...

 

Bite!

 

Kicking off the ground, the little Vampiress screamed in rage as she aimed to take the woman down to the raven-haired. However, she didn’t make it more than ten feet in front of her before something slammed into the side of her head.

Flying through the air and into the tree’s to the far side of them, the woman scowled at where the Vampire had been sent before she shook her head. “Leave her alone… don’t get involved…” Nodding to herself as she tried to heed her own words, the blonde went back to what she was doing before growling herself.

Pivoting around as she extended her hand, Eveline’s neck soon ended up in her grasp as she caught the Vampire midair. “Do you have no sense of self-preservation? Begone!” Tossing the child’s away from her, Eveline flew a few meters away before slamming into the ground.. but her guttural growls only grew, along with her anger and hunger.

Kicking off the ground as she stood back up, the younger girl panted in pain as she felt her vision growing blurry. ‘F-Food… M-My, food!’ Screaming as she took off towards the woman once again, the stranger had finally reached her limit. Twirling around as multiple furry tendrils shot out from under her dress, the little Vampire snarled in surprise as she was suddenly restrained, each of the furry tail like appendages restricting a different part of her body.

Feeling the one around her neck tightening as it began to cut off her circulation, Eveline started to wheeze as she gasped for air. Looking at the Vampire with disdain, the woman soon scowled as she saw something off about her that she hadn’t noticed before.

Watching her eyes as the red began to flicker in and out, the blonde quietly sighed. “If all you wanted was energy then you should have simply asked. Honestly, what kind of loathsome Hominal attacks another out of the blue. This place is strange…” She mumbled once more before bringing the furry tails restricting the nearly unconscious Vampire towards her.

Looking the child over as she observed her appearance, the woman’s frown soon softened before she sighed with regret. “Just what are you doing out in the middle of nowhere? Can’t answer me… can you? Can you even hear my words in there?” She whispered.

Glaring back at the woman as she flexed her fingers, still trying to claw her way towards the stranger, Eveline hissed at her. shaking her head, the woman frowned once more before pulling the child in front of her face. “Perhaps you’d be more willing to talk, after this…”

Feeling the back of her head gripped by her hand, Eveline snarled once more before stiffening. Looking back at the woman in surprise, something that even shocked her feral self, Eveline’s mind couldn’t comprehend what was going on. Why was she kissing her!

Forcing her lips on the younger girl., the blonde woman’s eyes soon began to glow a faint blue as she forced something up from the pit of her stomach. Wincing as she felt her tongue being bitten repeatedly now as the startled girl was brought back to reality, the woman ignored her discomfort as she began to force it into her.

Feeling something other than the woman’s tongue filling the inside of her mouth, Eveline’s eyes widened further. ‘F-F-Food…?’ Something… something was entering her mouth. She could taste it. It tasted good. It was good!

Moaning happily as she finally tasted something other than the ashy bitterness she had been enduring for so long, Eveline squealed as she tried to drink it all. Smirking as she watched the feral girl quickly taking to her kindness, the woman closed her eyes as she continued to feed her.

‘Just how long have you gone without your Energy?’ She was giving her a lot of her own… and it didn’t even feel like she was beginning to feel full yet. Just who was this Vampire? Feeling the spasming twitchy limbs of the child she was restraining slowly fall limp, the woman gently loosed her hold on the girl as she extended her arms.

Falling into the stranger as she continued to kiss her, Eveline’s eyes began to fade back to crimson as her vision grew clouded. She felt, wonderful… As minutes ticked by, the blonde counted in her mind before pulling her lips away from the girl’s to break their kiss.

Panting softly as she felt her Energy almost completely depleted the blonde let out a weary sigh. “There, there… Now, how do you feel little one?” Looking back down at the Vampire, the woman couldn’t help but smile. Sleeping in her arms, Eveline breathed deeply as she laid unconscious, her stomach having finally been fed… and her gnawing hunger finally having been sated.

“Sleep little kit. Rest, and recover.” Wondering whether she should simply leave the stray girl here or take her with her for questioning, the blonde inevitably chose the ladder. She had just invested a lot of her Energy into a child. She didn’t want some other Hominal or Beastial to simply walk up to her while she was sleeping and try to take it for themselves.

No, she’d be coming with her for now. At least, until she woke up. Moving her tail around the passed out child, the blonde gently twirled in a circle before cocooning her completely in the fluffy appendages.  Tugging her pack up a little higher on her shoulder, she nodded before making her way to the trees.

She wouldn’t be able to take the roads with one of her tails sticking out. But, she was fine with that. She didn’t like taking them anyways. As she entered the dense forest the Vampire had come from, the blonde looked over her shoulder as she looked back at the sleeping girl.

Squeezing the child gently, she felt her lips twist into a smile before she began to trek forward.  Perhaps her random act of kindness would reward her in the end. She could always use a traveling companion. It didn’t look like the younger girl had much to go back to...

 

As was the fate, of all of their kind…

 

 

 

To be continued.

 

End Notes:

 

I like how he found a way to incorperate Najia into Eve's backstory. Originally I planned for her to have her own chapters dedicated to this but after we went over the course of actions I have to agree, I love whats going down now here. Its like a taste of a meal but not fully there. xD

Please tell me all what you think to. I might not be writing currently but I still love reading your thoughts on how the storys pogressing. I'll see you all soon. For now, I have things I still need to attend to...

>.>

 

Buh bye! :P

Something Lost - Part 3 by Franchise Writer
Author's Notes:

Franchise Writer here this time, don't worry, Sterben's back here and well as well. He just wanted me to make the chapter note for him this time for... reasons. Ask him, not me lol.

Either way, apparently there was some questions on why Eve is having such a big spotlight put on her over the last few chapters and the blame of that falls on me. When this story was first made every character had a role, except 2. One of which was Eve's and Sterben asked me to be the one to fill it. It ended up being one of romance with the main character, Abby.

Now, from what I've been told the story has gone through some rework on Sterben's part and thus, everything I had developed for Eve is still here but to a much greater extent. I don't know all of the changes either he has planned because a certain someone says, "It's a surprise! :3" every time I inquire. -.-

Regardless, I've done some cutting for Eve and her full story has been watered down. I know that there is a lot to read for her but It is important to her role, and to Najia's as well. I structured a lot on her shoulders so that would be why she seems like a main character. In essance, she is. But, Sterben's actively trying to work with the other girls to. I know a little bit about whats coming next so I wont spoil anything but don't worry, the others will have more attention soon enough.

For now, enjoy the last few chapters with Eve, and we'll be getting back to the present soon enough.

 

Franchise Writer, out~.

 

 

“You know… you’re going to have to answer me at some point. Why not just get it out of the way now instead of screaming?”

 

Sipping from a small porcelain bowl she cradled in her hands, a disquieted blonde woman stared across the small fire in front of her as she looked at the bound child currently thrashing and whining through her restraints, her red eyes staring at her wide and full of terror.

Pursing her lips as she sipped another small mouthful of her meal, the older woman soon closed her eyes gently before letting a soft and calming sigh. “We’ve been sitting like this ever since you awoke kit. Why do you keep screaming like you do whenever I uncover your mouth? Wouldn’t you rather we simply talk instead? Look, I even made us something to eat! You must be terribly hungry. I might have given you my essence but that doesn’t mean food won’t fill your middle either.” She whispered calmly.

Seeing no change in the fearful child’s actions, the blonde gentle sighed once more. “Can I at least get a name out of you, kit? Please?” Crying as she watched the monstrous creature in front of her, Eveline sniffled as she tried to loosen the beings hold on her. Her tail, it was so strong! Why did she have a tail?! Why did she have multiple of them?! What was she! Who was she! Why was she here?! Where were her parents! She wanted her Daddy!

‘D-Daddy…’ Feeling the struggling from within her captives furry prison dwindle slowly, the blonde hummed quietly before letting her tail sag slightly as it fell away from the younger girls mouth. “Ready to talk?”

Staring off distantly as the word echoed in her mind, Eveline furrowed her brow as she remembered something, well, multiple somethings. She could see her room. It was a mess. And, and she was on the streets… it was raining. Was she running?

Shaking her head slowly as she tried to figure out how she got into this, it soon became apparent that her restraints had been lifted. Snapping back to the present in an instant, Eveline screeched once again before trying to take off… only for her ankle to suddenly be latched onto as she fell to the ground in pain.

“Seriously?” Giving the child an inexplicable look, the blonde let out another exhausted sigh before entombing her once more as her tail twirled around her body to keep her bound. “You’re not going anywhere kit until you answer me. So in essence, until we clarify a few things, I’m going to keep you like this until you’re willing to talk. Now, are you hungry? I’ll feed you myself If I have to.” She warned as one of her other tails lifted up the small pot that rested over the embers.

Wiggling vainly once more, Eveline glared at the stranger in front of her as she saw the monster moving closer towards her. “S-S-Stay away!” Blinking in surprise as she finally spoke, the older woman soon smiled before retreating back to her seat. “Very well. See, I’m listening. Now, let’s, talk.” She muttered her words quietly as she tried to make the child as at peace as she could.

Staring back at one another, one with anger and the other with empathy, Eveline knew she had to say something or else this creature would never release her. Glancing around frantically at her surrounding before feeling the tail that bound her gently clench and unclench. It felt almost calming in a way… Not that it made her current situation any better.

“W-Who are you? And why did you k-kidnap me!” Eveline finally snapped as she glared at the older woman. Blinking slowly, the blonde hummed before tapping her chin in thought. “Kidnap you? Huh, so that’s what they call it here. And here I thought I was taking care of a stray all along.” She chuckled in amusement, though it seemed her joke was lost on the angry girl. Did she really think she was kidnapping her?

Adjusting her posture a bit as she cupped her hands, the older woman shook her head gently before smiling. “To answer your first question, my name is Najia. And I assure you kit, if I kidnapped you then you certainly pulled the wool over my eyes as well. If I had to guess your minds foggy, is it not, almost like you’re missing bits and pieces of your memory. Tell me, do you know what day it is? Or, even where you are?”

Staring the woman down silently, Eveline pouted as she tried to think. She didn’t know actually… “W-What did you do to me?” Smirking now, the blonde chuckled before shaking her head. “I believe it’s my turn to ask you something now, that’s how sharing works. But I’ll answer you once again. I’ve done nothing to you but save you from what was clearly the troubling state I found you in. Now, your name?” She inquired calmly.

Sitting in silence for a moment, Eveline frowned as she knew there was little she could do right now besides simply answering whatever this woman, this, Najia wanted to know. “Eveline… Eveline Ventris. I-Is that why you kidnapped me? B-Because I’m a Ventris…?” She whispered with worry.

Resting her chin on the back of her hand, Najia scowled before shaking her head. “Well Eveline, beautiful name, by the way, you’ll need to get this notion that I’ve abducted you out of your mind. I found you in a feral state, kit. Whoever is your guardian certainly didn't do their job. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a vampire turn feral before.” She groaned.

Giving the woman a blank expression, Eveline soon began to scowl. “V-Vampire…? What are you talking about? And what’s feral?” Opening her eyes back up, Najia was silent as she stared the grubby child over. “Kit… what clan do you hail from?”

Frowning as she was basically spoken to in a different language, Eveline could only shake her head. “W-What clan, what are you talking about? C-Can you just let me go!” Biting her tongue gently as she ground her teeth into it, the woman remained mute as she felt a creeping suspicion now… one she couldn’t believe she was even thinking.

“What clan… Eveline, whose brood do you belong? You said your surname was Ventris, but what group of Vampires do you belong? Your coven kit, what do your coven call themselves?” She snapped, her tone much more serious now.

Shaking in fear as she was barked at, Eveline soon began to struggle again. “W-What vampire, w-what are you even talking about?! Let me go!” Feeling the frantic struggles begin once again, Najia tightened her hold on the child as her eyes narrowed.

“What are you; tell me what you think you are!” She growled. Feeling tears swell up in her eyes, Eveline continued to thrash before feeling her chin cupped by the angry looking woman. When did she even stand!? “Tell me what species you think you are!”

Sobbing, Eveline tried to shake her hold off her face by Najia would have none of that. There was no way, she had to be wrong. This girl had to be goading her! “H-H-Human! I-I’m a human!” She wailed in confusion. Why was she yelling things like this at her!

Releasing her chin, Najia soon stepped back as she stared down at the sniffling child in… in shock. ‘Human?’ She didn’t look like she was lying either. She looked truly terrified… like an actual little girl. “Kit… how old are you?” Trembling in fear, Eveline shook her head as she continued to cry. “S-Six, w-why?”

Cupping her chest gently, the blonde was speechless. The child before her… didn’t even know what she was. ‘You’re an actual kit?’ She thought she was simply converted at that age. But, she was a real child. You could never know a vampires true age unless they told you, and even then most tended to lie. But, she could tell… this was no vampire playing tricks on her. They were much too prideful of beings to act so, pitiful.

Lowering her hands gently as she watched the child sobbing softly, Najia soon pulled her over towards her. “Shhhh, shhhh, shhhh… quiet down kit, I-I’m not going to hurt you, calm down. I'm sorry for yelling...” She whispered, her tone much less hostile now as she cupped crying girl into her.

Whimpering, Eveline continued to shake as she was gently hugged. Why was this creature doing this to her? Petting the younger girl silently, Najia’s eyes grew dark as she continued to hold her close. This was wrong... all so, wrong…

 

Perhaps fate had something planned for her here after all…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

“I'M NOT A MONSTER! I’M A HUMAN!”

 

Rubbing her temple in agitation, Najia shook her head once more as she tried to get it through this child’s thick skull that she really wasn't one of them anymore. “Even if you are a Vampire that doesn’t mean you’re a Monster kit! Stop calling our kind such a thing; you’re now one of us. We’re called Hominal! And yes, yes you are!” She snapped.

She had been trying to explain things to the clueless girl all morning after last night’s disturbing revelations but she was too daft to believe her! Shaking her head furiously, Eveline glared back at Najia before pointing to herself. “M-My names Eveline Elise Ventris, I’m not a Monster!” She screamed again. Clenching her fists angrily, Najia shook her head before sighing.

Her words alone weren't enough to make her see the truth. She was in denial. Though, she couldn’t blame the child. She didn’t know much about her but when she found her she was feral, meaning… her guardians failed her. Vampire covens were very tightly knit. Whoever turned her should have taken her under his or her wings yet, here she was now… confused and clueless to her true nature.

She couldn’t leave her like this… Opening her eyes back up as she saw Eveline puffing out her cheeks angrily, Najia soon pointed to the clearing that rested beside them, the forest having been where she chose to make camp the night before. If she needed to learn what she was this way… then, she would teach her… trial by fire, as it were…

“Fine, *Human*, if you think that you’re still one of them then prove it!” She growled. Scowling back at Najia, Eveline looked to where she was pointing as she tried to figure out what she meant. “If you think you’re not a Vampire so much then… then walk out there! Walk into the sun!” She hissed.

Furrowing her brow, Eveline scowled as she tried to figure out what that even meant. Thankfully the older woman could sense the child’s confusion. “Vampires are photophobic in nature. Their skin is highly susceptible to the sun’s harmful rays because of the change in their biology from Human, to Hominal. To a human, it would be a warm and pleasant feeling… but, to a vampire, the sun as it is now would feel like fire lashing at their skin!” She whispered warningly.

“If you’re so sure… then prove it. You refuse to believe me otherwise, so take matters into your own hands.” If this is what it took… then, so be it. Glancing between the Monster and the open field, Eveline soon felt the tail that had been around her ankle as a sort of shackle finally lifted. She was free.

Shivering silently, Eveline looked back and forth one more before her eyes hardened. She was a human! She didn’t care what any damn Monster said! They were bad and lied to people! Marching over towards the clearing, Eveline soon had to squint her eyes as she felt the shadow of the trees leave her. She was now, out in the open.  As the sun began to shine down on her, the blonde quickly adjusted herself before stretching out her hands and waited. The sun felt fine! She knew she was a human!

Sitting in a small clearing, Najia watched closely as she saw Eveline’s reaction. This was only going to get worse from here on out. But, she needed to learn the truth, no matter what the costs. Clenching her eyes open and closed, Eveline soon felt her skin beginning to itch, but, she chose to ignore it. It was just the air, nothing more. But, as seconds ticked on… that itch began to turn painful. ‘W-What’s going on…?’

Sitting down quietly, Najia propped her chin on her palm as she waited. She’d figure it out soon enough. It didn’t make seeing this any easier on her though. She knew how bad this was about to get. Standing in the sunlight as she let it beat down on her, the younger girl panted loudly as her skin seared all over. What was this feeling, it hurt…

Taking a small sip from the gourd she kept at her hip, the older woman frowned knowing she had to learn the truth one way or the other. After the shocking truth came out, words would never work... and this was the price she’d pay for not listening. This was always, the naivety of Humans…

‘Just how long have you been turned?’ She had to have realized it at some point, right? Well… regardless, she was about to find out. She didn’t look like she could take it any longer. Gritting her teeth in pain as she fell to her knees, Eveline cried softly as her skin began to turn red and blister. Her body… it felt like it was being set on fire!  Screaming as it finally became too much, Najia was on her in an instant. Leaping over the blonde, her full nine tails swirled around the girl as she shrouded her in darkness.

Cradling the screaming girl in her arms beneath the harsh rays of light, Najia’s eyes grew hazy as she saw her body blackened and burned severely. She stayed much longer then she should have. Stubbornness from a kit… it was truly sad.

Letting her energy radiating from her tails, Najia hummed gently as she let them take over. “Be at peace kit, be at peace. I’ve got you now. You can’t deny it… there is no dispute. You are what you are…” She whispered soothingly in the sobbing girl’s ear, no smugness to be found… only pity, and sadness. Shaking as the pain slowly began to fade, Eveline continued to cry.

Not from her burns… but from her realization. She had known something wasn't right. She had known, all along. She thought herself ill, thought herself plagued. She had been in so much pain… and it only became worse when she tried to deny it. But, she knew that was impossible now.

 

As much as she wished it not to be… she couldn’t… Not after what just happened to her…

 

She was a Vampire… she was, a Monster…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

*”My shock was not easy to overcome. All the pain I felt. All the horrors I was bore witness to. I soon came to know why they happened to me. Why my family, turned their back on me. Why our staff abandoned us. Why my very own father… tried to do me in… and why I could now remember, more than I ever wished to. These were things no child should have to remember... And now, because of my newly acquired senses, I saw them with perfect clarity. And, it made me angry… it made me resentful. It made me hate, everyone…

 

And it cemented my belief that everyone, and everything… was out to get me. I was truly... alone…

 

That is… until someone showed me, that not all Monsters were the same…"*

 

 

~ Three months later ~

 

Coming to a dense area of the woodlands surrounding the eastern shores of Ireland, Najia and her charge soon paused as the blonde raised her nose in the air. Giving the vacant forest a few quick sniffs, she nodded before looking down at Eveline, the child seemingly ignoring her as she was bound by the waist once again.

More than once she had tried to run away from her, and it was something she wished the livid girl would eventually break the habit of, but, apparently not. “We’ll stop here for the dawn kit. The sun will rise soon so I’ll start preparing our meal. I take it you don’t care though, do you?”

Turning her nose to the older woman, Eveline glowered silently as Najia sighed at her. Why did she go through this every day, it was getting on her nerves. “How about you let me go instead…” Ignoring the grumbles that never ceased, Najia’s tail soon did unravel as she pulled it back under her small yellow dress.

“If you want your freedom so much then go and fetch us a bucket of water, I can smell it running nearby. There’s most likely a stream somewhere. And for heaven's sake don’t try to run again… You almost caught fire last time.” The blonde berated as she began unpacking her bag, her knowing eyes ever watchful towards her lively kit.

Glaring hatefully back at the Hominal, Eveline said nothing as a bucket was handed to her by one of the blondes many tails, the others seemingly doing what they usually did independently. She didn’t know how many she even had under her dress, they seemingly grew indefinitely…

Snatching the bucket away silently, the blonde sniffed the air as well as she tried to pick up the scent. Her senses weren’t nearly as powerful as the older Monsters but she at least could tell where the water was. Not to mention, the faint rumbling not too far off was a dead giveaway.

Kicking away the shrubs near her feet, Eveline shot the woman one last glare before scoffing and making her way towards it. She was only doing this because she was thirsty too. She didn’t have to do anything the woman said, it wasn’t like she was her mother or anything…

Thinking about her mom for a moment, the child soon grew somber. Did she miss her? Did she know what her father tried to do to her? What about any of the staff…? Growling under her breath, the little Vampiress shook her head as she stomped off towards the river ahead of her.

Of course, no one missed her! She was as good as dead to them… She was nothing but a Monster after all. A Monster only fit to bask in the loathsome presence of other Monsters. She had no place in this world… None of their kind did… and now, she was one of them…

Stepping towards the small shoreline, the child paused as she saw the clear blue waters running freely. They looked clean enough. ‘Running water is safe to drink kit. Be cautious if it’s still, however.’ Gritting her teeth as one of the many random lectures Najia had taught her echoed in her mind, the Vampire hissed angrily before tossing the bucket onto the ground.

‘Why won’t she ever let me go?!’ Why did she keep her as a prisoner! It drove her mad. She didn’t want to be here and she got the feeling the older woman didn’t care for her much either. Hell, she kept a leash on her at all hours of the day!

‘So I’ve been reduced to a pet…’ It pissed her off the more she thought about it. Kneeling down over the water, Eveline soon looked into the blue pools as her eyes landed on her rippling reflection. Her hair was a bit longer, but dirt and grime lingered everywhere. Her face was smudged, and flakes of blood from her last feeding remained…

Rubbing her wrinkled dress, or at least what remained of it down her face, the blonde tried to get rid of it. It made her sick to her stomach. Having to feed on animals, she was basically one of them now. Glaring at her visage, Eveline soon screamed before punching the water in anger.

She hated it! She hated herself! Why did she have to go on like this! She shouldn’t even be alive! Panting as her anger continued to boil the Vampires eyes slowly began to glow as she stared back at them in the pond. ‘Control your emotions… the eyes of our kind are the gateway to our souls.’ She didn’t care about these stupid quotes, she just wanted her freedom!

Hitting the water again, Eveline snarled silently before something occurred to her. The red in her eyes wasn’t rippling… they were unmoving… Something was off with her reflection. Blinking slowly, the Vampire stiffened up as she watched the red glow not mimicking her actions. They weren’t her eyes…

Standing up slowly, the child tried to back away, but, it was too late. Watching in horror as something shot out from the water, Eveline screamed as she looked at the face, of another monster. Hissing loudly at her, the creatures black matted hair clung to its nude form as it’s brightly lit eyes pierced her to her core.

It was female, that was easy to tell but beyond that, she didn’t have a clue what it even was! The upper half of its body was normal but below the waist where her legs should have been was a long, dark green and yellow reptilian tail. Slithering onto the land, the creature continued to hiss at her before it shot forward at a speed she couldn’t even comprehend.

Screaming again as it idled over her, tears streamed down Eveline’s face as she saw the creature open its mouth wide, two rows of razor sharp fangs dripping as she moved in… moved in for the kill. “LEAVE HER ALONE!” Yanking her head up angrily the creature hissed before something slammed into it launching it away from the vampire as it skidded across the shoreline.

Sniffling as she continued to sob, Eveline’s eyes looked upward as she saw Najia crouching over her on all fours, her tails fully unfurrowed as nine of them pointed forward defensively. “Back, crawl back into the water Naga, she’s not your food!” Najia hissed as small balls of light began to shimmer at the tip of each of her appendages.

Slithering back up, the creature snarled angrily before slithering towards them both once again, but, the blonde was faster. Much faster in fact. Kicking off the ground and grabbing the snake woman by her face, the Kitsune cried angrily before smashing her head into the sand beneath her. Not stopping there however she quickly drug her through the dirt before tossing her forward, the Naga soon flying back into the water as the Hominal roared angrily.

“LEAVE HER!” Baring her fangs at the river, Najia watched in rage for a few moments, but, it didn’t look like the creature was coming back. Nodding her head, the blonde’s tails slowly retracted back to her before she turned around to check on Eveline.

Shivering on the ground, the little Vampire cried softly as she clutched her arms in terror. That thing… it wanted her. It wanted to kill her! Feeling something wrap around her slowly, the child didn’t try to shrug her away as she felt Najia’s tails circling her body comfortingly.

“Shhhh, it’s alright kit. I’ve got you.” Hugging the younger girl gently, Najia buried the sobbing girls face into her shoulder as she let her gather her bearings. She should have sensed it. The Naga was beneath the water though; there was no way she could have known…

Sighing, the blonde shook her head for being so stupid as she clung to Eve protectively. “I’m sorry kit… I’m so sorry.” She had almost lost her. Whimpering softly, Eveline curled up silently in the Hominal's arms. As much as she hated her, right now… she didn’t want to be anywhere else…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

Staring down at the small bowl of soup she had been given, Eveline’s eyes glowed faintly as she saw them reflecting off the broth inside. She wasn’t hungry. Neither of them was after what had happened just a few hours back. Sipping her food slowly, Najia sat closely beside the blonde as her tails draped her protectively.

Even if she knew their campsite was safe, she wasn’t about to let anything like that happen ever again. Glancing down at the younger girl as she stared down indifferently at her meal, the Kitsune gently closed her eyes before clearing her throat. Their silence was dragging on far too long. And it was past time she made a choice on what to do with the abandoned girl.

“Do you still crave your freedom kit?” Blinking slowly, Eveline soon looked away from the bowl and up to the older woman as they stared back at one another. Letting silence hang for a moment, the little Vampire slowly began to frown before gently nodding her head.

As much as she had just been scared, she still wished to be away from this creature… away from any Monsters. She just wanted, to be alone. Sighing as she saw the faint look she was being given back, Najia set her own bowl down before gently petting the child’s hair.

“If you wish it still, then, you can have it.” Blinking slowly, Eveline’s eyes widened in surprise now. She had been repeatedly turned down and even hunted when she tried to get away from the woman, and now, she was just letting her go? ‘I-I guess she doesn’t care about me after all…’ She really was just a pet and probably just a burden now to her now.

At least, she was cutting ties to her here. “But…” Snapping back to attention as Najia continued, Eveline looked back at the Hominal as anger slowly rose from within. Was she changing her mind now?! What was with this creature!

Licking her lips as she tried to gauge the child’s reaction, Najia continued once more. “But, I’ll only allow you to leave once I know you can take care of yourself. If you still want your *freedom*, then you’ll let me train you first. I just can’t let you go off on your own kit. Less we have what occurred today, happen again…” She silently warned.

Though it sounded like she was bargaining, there was a hint of emotion in the woman’s tone that the Vampiress for the life of her couldn’t figure out. She wasn’t sure what it was. Staring back at Najia quietly, Eveline gently set her bowl down as well.

“So… you’ll let me go?” Nodding her head in affirmation, Najia smiled faintly. “I don’t want to see you get hurt kit. If you can take care of yourself though, and you truly wish to be rid of me, then those are my demands. If I know you’re safe, then that’s enough for me.” She chuckled.

Hearing the mirth in her voice, Eveline scowled quietly before her eyes hardened. This was what she wanted. She was being given her freedom. But, what did this training entail? Who knew? But, whatever the cost, she would gladly pay it to be rid of this Monster.

“I accept… when do we begin?” Looking back at Eveline in surprise from eagerness, Najia frowned sadly before instinctively pulling the child closer to her. “Tomorrow. For now, rest. For the next few years you’re going to be in for a greater challenge then you can possibly comprehend.” Blinking slowly, the Vampire furrowed her brow before her eyes quickly widened.

“YEARS?! I THOUGHT YOU WERE JUST TRAINING ME!” Flicking the screaming girl on her forehead for being so loud, Najia quietly growled before shaking her head. “It’s not just training you. It’s making sure you learn how to survive on your own. As a Vampire, there are certain things you’ll have to accept and grow accustomed to. One of which is human society. If you let your eyes shimmer like they are now in front of them then you’ll be exposing yourself!” She snapped.

Glaring hatefully from the double-sided bargain, Eveline wanted to take it back now, but, she knew this might be the only way. She had tried running, but the damned Monster could sniff her out. And going out in the day when she slept wasn’t an option either, she had been severely charred when she had last tried it. No… this might be the only way.

Forcing her anger to subside, Eveline closed her eyes as she counted in her mind, a trick Caitriona had taught her when she was younger. She had always been temperamental… but now, that seemed like a habit she had to learn to break.

Opening her eyes back up as the glow vanished, Eveline finally nodded. “Fine. Teach me whatever you want. Just promise to let me go once you’re done. I… I hate you. I hate your kind. And I don’t want to be near any of you!” She grumbled.

Closing her eyes silently, Najia made no comment and instead chose to simply hug the child closer to her. “I will. I promise to uphold my end of this agreement. Your training will begin tomorrow morning. I suggest you turn in with me. Once we begin, I don’t want to see you slacking. This will be a trial for you. You’ll need to learn how to use your shenme efficiently. It’s too unstable as it is. Your temper will be your guide. Along with that, there are plenty of other lessons you’ll be learning as well. But, we’ll get to them as we cross those bridges. For now, sleep kit.”

Crying out in surprise as she fell backward's with Najia, the Kitsune chuckled in amusement as she heard the faint growl coming from within her arms. “I hate you…” Petting the younger girl’s hair, Najia didn’t show her face to the Vampire as a sad smile fell across her lips. “I know kit… I know…”

As they lay there silently, Eveline’s mind soon wandered over the foreign word she had heard. “What’s a shenme?” Cracking her eyes back open, Najia frowned knowing the term was most likely lost on the younger girl. “The closest thing I could call it in your language is magic. Mana. It’s the secondary force Hominal can use. Within our bodies, there’s a mixture of Shenme, and Benzhi. It’s what causes us Hominal to thrive and what makes us who we are. For the humans, however, they only have one of these naturally residing in their bodies. The Benzhi, it’s their energy. We lack it but make up for it with our own Shenme. But, without a strong source of both, we fall apart. But, let’s let the lessons continue tomorrow kit. Sleep.” Petting the younger girls head affectionately, Eveline was silent to it all as she thought about the strange words.

‘Magic and energy…’ What a weird woman… And she had just agreed for her to be her teacher? She was in for a long and arduous journey from here on out… she just hoped the creature she was currently snuggled against did, in fact, keep her end of the bargain.

So was the word of a Monster, shallow and frail. Words her Father had once said to a merchant who had spoken to him once before. One way or another though, she would gain her freedom. But, once she obtained it… her path was undecided.

Only time would tell, what she would choose to do with it, once she learned more about this tainted world she was now a part of…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

*”And so, training began. I was pathetic. It brings great shame to me knowing how truly powerless I was once I saw what true power was. Najia was a force of nature. Her power and her grace were unlike any I had ever seen as a human before.

For the next few years, I lived in utter hell. Najia hadn't been warning me for no reason. Her training methods… were strange, to say the least. But, the progress I made was undeniable. Every evening we would wake up at the break of nightfall, and my lessons would begin. I started with simple meditations first, something I hated wholly, but, I’ll admit the outcome did indeed hone my patience and my senses. It made me less temperamental and allowed me to see ration and understanding in every conversation.

After that, came learning how to control my latent powers. I don’t fully know how she knew about everything I could do, but, every ability I had… every unique skill I could learn to master, she knew the best way to tutor me. She was like a fount of endless knowledge, one I surely didn’t use to the fullest as I could have.

But, for every story of my arrogance and impotence, I can tell you of where I progressed as well. The cycle is long, but, there are far too many things to cover, and we would be here for days if I tried. So, to sum it up, Najia indeed train me. And as months passed, I understood her more.

The more time we spent together, the more I started to see her, differently. It started to feel… second nature really. Things that I had once done in life, I began to start doing again. I began to make my own clothes, I started to groom myself daily. Little things such as this that I had seemingly forgotten. She made me feel, like purpose was still there, even if I was just a lowly dead girl now.

To put it bluntly, she destroyed me and built me back up into who I am today. And, I treasure her now dearly for it all. But, of course, it took me years to reach this realization.

 

And it only took longer, once they came…”*

 

 

~

 

~5 years later~

 

Pressing her knuckles together as she sat beneath a small waterfall, the water as cold as morning ice, Evelyne meditated in silence as she held her breath. She had been going for two hours now, and she hadn’t taken even a single gasp of air. She was improving. The burning of her lungs was a thing of the past. She didn’t need to breathe to survive… as was common for all undead creatures. Sadly the human side of her that still hung around refused to believe her.

But, it seemed she had finally figured it out. The benefits of sitting perfectly still were very abundant. She could sense it all. Even with her eyes shut tightly, the surrounding lake, the mountain behind her, the tree’s on the cliff, the fish in the lake, the birds flying over her… she could feel it all.

Taking an intentional breath, Evelyne exhaled softly as she felt the world around her fading out as she began once more regaining her connection. She had to get this down. “Better kit. But even so, you’ll need to learn to do this without letting your mind wander off.”

Scowling as she was brought out of her meditative state, something the damned fox seemed to take great pleasure in doing to her purposefully, Evelyne’s crimson eyes opened briefly as she glanced to the golden Kitsune standing over her… on top of the water.

Sitting on the small rock she was on, the Vampire couldn’t even fathom the amount of control it took to be able to actually stand on top of the water itself. Not to mention next to a waterfall no less. She truly was nothing compared to her. “I take it we’re leaving now?” Nodding quietly, Najia said nothing as her hand moved towards the water above the blonde before the waterfall parted.

Feeling the torrent turn into a faint trickle now, the preteen nodded before standing up slowly, her limbs sore and worn from the stiffness in her frame. It was hard for her to train a body as fragile as her own. Being converted as a child was truly a burden. But, even if she remained in the same state of youth, her mind most certainly was growing. She had grown mature in her years, something Najia seemed to notice to as the nickname she had acquired all those years was used less and less when they spoke. But, she still heard it every so often… such as now.

Feeling a familiar tail curl around her midriff, Evelyne took a tentative step forward before walking across the water with Najia. One day she would learn how to do this without her help. She had a long way to go though.

“Where are we headed this time? You said there was something you had to investigate south of here. I take it you’ve located it.” Nodding at her little kit, Najia smiled warmly down at Eveline as she used her tail to dry her body off. “Indeed I did… I think we’ve reached them.”

Furrowing her brow at the mention of *them*, the Vampire was about to ask but Najia simply raised her hand. “Not now. If we’re going to catch up we’ll need to leave soon. Do you want me to carry you? We might be traveling for a full day.”

Shaking her head as she cracked her frigid bones, Eveline couldn’t help but smirk. “I’d think you’d have a harder time keeping up with me. Maybe I should carry you, fufufu~. AHHHH!” Screeching as she suddenly fell into the water, Najia simply scowled down at the younger girl as her tail was withdrawn from the child’s hips.

“We’ll be traveling by water. Can you stand on your own yet?” Raising her head from the frigid lake, Eveline’s eyes glowed darkly as she glared back at the smirking Hominal. “Just because you’ve mastered fleeting doesn’t mean you’re faster than me yet kit. Remember that.” Najia chuckled.

One ability down and a handful to go and the egotistical girl thought she was better than her. Such a shame was a Vampire’s pride. It often led to their downfall. Not that she’d let her grow into it. If she needed to remind Eveline of her fragility every once and awhile she would be more than happy to. The girl could have a long and prosperous eternity if only she learned how to humble herself.

Lowering her tail down towards the water, the Blonde growled as she felt a painful yank as the Vampiress used her appendage to crawl upward. “Fine… When do we leave.” Eveline whispered bitterly. Tapping the younger girls shoulder, Najia simply smirked, before they both disappeared, the wind where they had once been simply swirling as they vanished into thin air…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Sitting atop a large mountain as she stared up at the faint trickles of light peeking out from the dawn, Eveline watched the clouds in silence as she awaited Najia’s return. It had been about a day since they had arrived at their destination, and true to her word, the two of them had run straight down the coastline all night.

Letting out a tired yawn as she tried to keep herself awake, the Vampire rubbed her eyes as she saw the sun finally rising. Rolling under the tree she sat beside as she shade became her sanctuary, the blonde watched once more as she saw the brilliant colors of the red dawn.

She missed seeing the sunrise. She missed seeing the sun actually. But, it was simply nostalgia for her old life if anything. It held no sway over her now. Only pain… ‘What’s taking you so long you nettlesome fox?’ Najia had said she’d be gone for a few hours to investigate the claims she heard.

Apparently, there was talk of some kind of grand display or something. She didn’t really understand what it was all about but she didn’t care. It was the affair of humans after all. ‘Not that I care much for the affair of Monster’s either…’ She really didn’t care much about anything these days. Only traveling with Najia seemed to give her glimpses of joy every blue moon.

Thinking about the strange thought, Eveline smirked before shaking her head. Freedom was still a drive. One day she’d be ready to part ways with her. One day. Opening her eyes slowly, the Vampire quietly froze as her breathing turned shallow. Sniffing the air as both a familiar and unfamiliar scent entered her senses, the child frowned from uncertainty.

‘Najia?’ Standing up quietly as to not alert whoever it was coming towards her area, the Vampire slid amongst the trees as her eyes peered outward. Thankfully though, she had been right. Relaxing as she saw the Kitsune slowly making her way up the mountain, Eveline smiled as she stared back down at her… before her lips curled instantly by what was currently trailing behind her.

‘What is this?’ Moving towards the older woman as far as the tree’s permitted, Eveline soon came face to face with the Hominal as Najia stared back at her quietly, a tired smile stretching across her lips as she saw her little kit. “I thought I told you to sleep in.” “and I thought you said you’d be back before dawn… alone.”

Hearing the not to subtle hint in the child's tone, Najia scowled before stepping to the side to reveal just who it was behind her. Staring downward, Eveline's eyes slowly widened as she saw the exotic sight. Standing on her own with many… many… cuts and bruises littering her body was a little girl. But, she was no human. Black scales stretched across her feet, arms and midriff… along with the crooked black wings bent awkwardly behind her and an equally black tail that drug in the dirt as she walked.

Resting in her arms as well, was another one. Carrying a smaller girl almost identical in appearance if not for the stark contrast in color, Eveline could only scowl further. What were these creatures? “Who the hell are they?” Feeling a glare being directed her way already, the Vampire stared back at the younger looking girl but she said nothing in return for her rude inquiry.

Sighing softly, Najia kneeled down gently before patting the raven-haired child on the head, the toddler flinching slightly from the foxes touch much to her sadness. “Eveline, this is Ebon. And the little one she’s carrying is Ivy. They’ll be accompanying us from now on. Their Dragons.”

Staring the two girls down, Eveline wanted to shake her head in disbelief, but, she didn’t want to look away. Both she and… Ebon, were in an eye lock, their glares matching as they stared each other down. She hated her already. “Why did you bring these Monsters here… what’s the meaning of this!” She finally snapped before glaring up at Najia.

Glancing down at Ebon as her petite claws gently dug into the younger toddler she was carrying, the Kitsune pointed towards the tree line before cleaning her throat. “Go, up. Meet there soon.” Moving her hands around to mimic her words, Ebon slowly nodded before she began trekking where the older woman had pointed, completely ignoring the angry growl being emitted by the newcomer.

Once they were far enough away, Najia soon glared back down at her kit as she saw the little Vampire grinding her teeth. “Eveline… that’s no way to greet our guests. I know your dislike for our kind but you’ll have to learn to accept them. They’re not like us… but, they’re not like humans either. It’s our duty to look after our kind. Don’t you understand this?”

Sighing as the Vampire continued to glare back at her, Najia simply shook her head. “Try to be nice. I’ll explain everything tonight. Let’s get some sleep. It’s been a rough night…” She whispered. Feeling the faintness in her tone, Eveline wanted to press her for questions now, but the tail curling around her felt all too inviting. She hadn’t slept either…

 

“Fine.”

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Watching out across the sky as she awoke, Eveline was on her feet immediately. Looking out across the mountain they had made camp on, the little Vampire soon shrugged off the sleeping Kitsune’s tails as she made her way a little higher up the cliff. She had questions… and she was about to get answers.

Coming to the same cliff she had been standing on that morning, Eveline gazed forward as she saw the black Dragon girl crouching over the mountain as she stared outward. “Hey… Monster. What are you really doing here? Why did Najia bring you here?”

Showing the faintest hints of acknowledgment, Ebon’s head turned slightly as she glanced Eveline’s way. “Away…” Furrowing her brow, the Vampire scowled as she heard it once more, this time clearer than before. “Go, away…” Her voice, it sounded guttural. It was rough… it sounded more like an animal than a person's. But, it was a Monster after all.

Glaring back at the child, Eveline stepped forward defiantly as her eyes began to glow. “You think you can command me Monster? Who are you to tell me where I can and can’t set foot?” Waiting for a reply, Ebon simply ignored her as she turned her head back towards the view.

Gritting her teeth, Eveline took another step forward before her guard was up instantly. Unfurrowing her wings in a swift motion, the Dragoness let out an unearthly grow as she warned her further, but, it was lost to the blonde. Watching as Ebon stood up, the toddler turned around slowly before the Vampiress figured out why she seemed so hostile, not that it mattered.

Cradling the baby Dragon in her arms as she slept, the black Dragoness gently set the sleeping Ivy down behind her before flexing her claws back at Eveline. “Grr… groo… GO, AWAY!” Hearing the loud roar from the newcomer was all Eveline needed. She was pissed off.

Poking the younger girl further, the Vampire took one step closer, but, that was enough. Coughing as the air was knocked out of her, Eveline shot into the ground as Ebon fell on top of her. Snarling in rage, the Dragon raised her claws into the air before slamming them into the ground where Eveline’s head had just been.

Feeling the ground crack beneath her, Eve shook in surprise, amongst other emotions before raising her foot up beneath the foaming girl as she kicked her backward. Rolling back to her feet, the blonde bared her petite fangs before disappearing from sight.

Appearing above the Dragoness in an instant, the Vampire grinned before all mirth from her surprise was turned into horror as Ebon’s tail slammed her into the ground. Coughing as she felt winded once more, the older girl sputtered as she felt the pain behind the toddlers blows. How was she so strong! She was just a baby!

Crying out in pain as her hair was pulled on, the Dragoness yanked Eveline’s head up by her blonde locks before raising her claws over the shuddering girl's neck. But, before anything else could escalate further, Ebon soon found her clawed appendage being restrained… as someone else stood over her.

“That’s quite enough… Both of you, stop this. Now!” Raising their heads upward, both children looked into the angry eyes of Najia as the Kitsune’s irises glowed a faint blue, her tails already working to separate them apart. Shoving Eveline away from Ebon, and the Dragoness back to her waking counterpart, the older woman nodded as she watched the angry children glaring back at one another.

“This is not ok. Never, fight each other… Never.” She whispered warningly. Looking up at Najia silently, Eveline ground her teeth as she heard the anger in her tone. She was never this angry. Watching as Ebon stalked backward slowly towards the other dragon pup now awake and whimpering, the blonde nodded before shifting her ire towards Eveline now.

Meeting the Kitsune’s eyes with her own crimson ones, their glares soon relented as the Vampire looked away first. Moving towards her silently, Najia’s tails swiftly wrapped up the blonde before taking her away with her. They had a lot to discuss…

 

Things were about to change, and she didn’t like where they were headed one bit…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

*”After the events of my first real meeting with Ebon as you’ve come to now know her… things didn’t go as well as they could have. I’m not going to say I initiated it… but, I did retaliate back. The days that followed after only got worse from there. Najia and I would argue for hours on end as we traveled… and I truly despised the two new creatures we now had to cater to. I couldn’t see it. See why Najia was taking them with us. It vexed me… it enraged me. But worst of all… it made me jealous…

I actually treasured Najia’s attention. I had grown fond of it through the years. And without it undivided on me and me alone… I grew resentful of those other two. But, it only became worse instead of better. Despite her best attempts, Najia couldn’t control me. I didn’t see reason anymore… only hatred. I grew to remember why I hated her once before…

And those feelings only came back in full. Especially once more began to join us… It started with a stray. An Oni… Poppy. Seeing what became of her, Najia did what she could and she came with us too.

Then came another… and another… as the years went on we began adopting more and more Hominal and beastial into our group. And each new addition made my spite and rage grow further. I thought it then, that Najia had simply grown bored of me…

I was no longer her favorite *pet*. And with my clouded judgment… we come to the turning point. The point in which, I regret the most…

 

~

 

~4 years later~

 

Lying on a tree branch as she watched the clouds floating by, Eveline was silent as she heard the ruckus beneath her. She was tired. Everyone was. But that damned fox always put her in charge of this ragtag group of trash whenever she was out. She hated them all…

It was times like this, that she even wondered why she was still here? Her training had been completed by now surely. She had a mastered the manipulation of elements such as Najia could. Her speed was unmatchable and even gave the Kitsune a run for her money. Not to mention her strength.

Smirking as she clenched her hand, her knuckles cracking as she scraped her fingers together. No one here could take her on. That was probably why she didn’t want to be near any of them… any of those weaklings. She was above them. But, Najia didn’t see it that way… why?

Was she not enough for her? She followed her wherever she went. Not to mention at least she could blend in with her when they went into towns. But, now she took that little bitch, err… Witch… Kari with her. Snarling at the thought of her role being replaced, Eveline's eyes glowed brighter as her anger rose.

Inching herself down the tree branch as the sun began to peek out where her face had been, the Vampiress closed her eyes as continued to hang on the tree limbs. Glancing out at the assortment of Monsters all playing or keeping to themselves down below like the ingrates they were, Eveline simply shook her head.

She had half a mind to simply leave them here and wander off on her own. But, knowing them they’d be found by humans. Then who would protect these pathetic creatures? She hated her role but she knew what she had to do. But, did she really?

Thinking about the question long and hard for a while, her thoughts were interrupted as she felt the presence she had been expecting return. She didn’t even have to meditate anymore to feel everyone around her. Further proof that she was beyond the training the Kitsune could give her anymore. Speaking of…

Rolling on her side as she gazed down from about five stories up, Eveline closed her eyes before falling off the branch she was on. As she felt the air rush past her face to embrace her, the Vampire smiled before crashing into the ground causing multiple girls to scream in fright from her sudden appearance. She loved to scare them.

Standing up from where she had landed, the Vampiress look at Najia as the Kitsune said nothing, Kari hiding behind her in terror as she gazed up at the older girl. ‘Such a baby…’ Feeling her anger spike as she watched her mentor patting the witches head, the Kitsune soon showed the young witch away as she carried something in a bag with her.

“Productive day or goofing off?” Eveline mumbled as she eyed the woman over. She looked haggard as of late. It seemed the many girls she now took under her wing wore her out. It was her fault though, and she had a feeling the Kitsune knew it too.

Saying nothing as she moved her hand forward, Eveline's brow rose as she watched the Hominal turnaround. “Come with me… we need to discuss something important…” Hearing the sternness in her tone, one she had grown to hate throughout the years, Eveline said nothing as she stalked forward passed the blonde leaving her hand dangling alone by her side.

Sighing quietly, Najia said nothing else before giving the girls behind her one last look. Some had gone over to Kari while others kept their distance from each other and her. Perhaps her dream would never come true…

Turning tail and walking away, Najia joined up with Eveline as the two made some distance between them and the others. Coming to a denser area of the surrounding forest, the Kitsune stopped walking signaling here was far enough. Turning back to the older woman, Eveline crossed her arms before staring her down.

“What is it? Did you find whatever it was you were looking for this time? Or, perhaps whom? Is your collection not exotic enough as is? A Vampire, a pair of Dragons, gosh, even a Dullahan to! You surely beat out most others. What’s next, a deity perhaps?”

Ignoring the snarkiness she had never been able to rid her kit of, Najia looked upwards quietly as she gazed up at the shimmering trees, the sun gently sparkling through their leaves and the wind gracefully allowing them to dance to bless her eyes with the view.

“I did find her. In the last town, we visited there was a rumor of an action going down in the next port town over. I was worried if it was true or not. But, it is. Someone managed to catch a Mermaid off the coast… and now she’s being sold to the highest bidder…” Najia whispered, sadness evident in her tone as she discussed such a tragic matter.

Scoffing, Eveline shook her head before shrugging her shoulders. “If this Mermaid was captured then she’s a fool who deserved it. It’s not our problem.” Glaring back at her younger charge, Najia trembled silently. “Kit… the Mermaid they caught… was just a child. She’s only a baby.”

Looking back at Najia with uncertainty, the Vampiress said nothing before turning her back towards her. “When do we leave then? It's only getting harder to keep this camp moving and you know it. If you bring a fish with us it will be even harder. What then? And why are you sharing any of this with me, to begin with? I don’t care about these strays you bring here. They’re your pets, not mine.”

Feeling a hand placed on her shoulder, Eveline narrowed her eyes as she tried to shrug off the Hominal’s touch, but she couldn’t. Clenching the child’s… no, the young woman’s shoulder, Najia stared her down quietly. “Kit… Eveline… This does concern you.”

Baring her fangs, the smaller girl tugged her body away from the Monster behind her before looking over her shoulder. “And why is that? Are you telling me I need to watch it too when you bring it here!” Lowering her eyes towards the ground, the woman was silent as she tried to say what came next. It wasn’t easy.

“Kit… The port town that the auctions being held in… Its, it’s a place you’ve already been before. She’s being sold… in Coleraine. We’ll be heading back to your hometown.” Freezing in place, all blood drained from the Vampire’s face as Najia’s words hit her like a brick.

‘Coleraine…’ They were going, back, there? Trembling silently, Eveline’s eyes hardened before she turned back to the saddened Kitsune. “So what… it's just a town. A town full of humans. Get the Monster yourself and we’ll leave.” She whispered bitterly before stepping past Najia and heading back the way they came.

Standing still as she felt her little kit leaving, Najia was silent as she felt her heart aching for her Eveline. This wasn’t going to be pleasant for her… she had hoped to be able to do this on her own, but, she couldn’t leave her children alone. This could be finished in a day… or in a week.

She just hoped that they wouldn’t be too late. And that her little kit, wouldn’t take that final step… into becoming the very thing she claimed to hate.

 

A Monster…

 

 

To be continued…

 

End Notes:

 

<----

Still Franchise Writer~

<----

 

I had planned on ending Eve's story on this chapter but there was one very impactful scene to her character I just couldn't water down nor leave out. It's what Sterben and I are both working on next. Sorry if you guys thought this was going to finish it up for her, the next one will be the last one, I promise.

Either way I hope you all enjoyed. I had a lot of fun working on this story while Sterben was gone but now that he's back, I'll probably be taking a less active role in it. Expect weekly updates again and more Monster Girl goodness, lol.

 

See you guys later. ^,^

 

Something Lost - Part 4 by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

Well, this is it. Conclusion time! Sorry for being gone so long everyone, I know these chapters might have been dragged on. I think spacing it so more and more of Eve was flushed out in spaces might have been better, but I didn't want to wait a couple months before posting anything either. D:

So, with some downsizing we made Eve's chapter ratio a bit longer then needed but I know what I wanted to see for her and Franchise Writer did an excellent job helping me show off who she is through these four chapters.

This one is the last you'll see for her past I promise. So I'm sorry if some of you are getting antsy! We'll be back to the present soon enough. I'm actually almost finished with the next chapter so you might get it sooner then you think. :P

 

So please read and enjoy, I'll show you more soon!

 

 

 

*~Coleraine~*

 

Walking through the all too familiar streets of her long-forgotten hometown, Eveline couldn’t help but sneer beneath her overly large sun hat. The little Vampire was dressed heavily from head to toe as she made sure no sun would even remotely touch her skin. She hated going out in the daytime. But, it would be less suspicious this way… especially with her, right beside her…

Holding the younger girls hand reluctantly as she clenched it tightly so she couldn’t keep pulling it away, Najia forced a smile as they walked down the foreign city together, her blue eyes ever watchful as she took in the sights. This town was by far one of the largest she had ever set foot in. But, it was a good thing she brought along a guide… albeit, a reluctant one at that.

“What are we even looking for? Can’t you just do what you normally do… you know, on your own…” Eveline spat as she moved her gloved hand up to the brim of her hat to pull it down a bit further.

Squeezing the Hominal's hand as she felt Eveline try to wrench her arm away again, Najia grit her teeth through her happy features as she tugged the grumbling girl along with her. “I’ve already told you kit, time a factor with this one. The auction is supposed to be tomorrow. We don’t know a time or a place. We need to learn as much as we can and we don’t have very long to do it.”

Sneering angrily, Eveline finally pulled her hand away as they both turned a corner together. “You mean you don’t have long! I could care less… Take your pet with you next time, not me!” Glaring down at her younger charge, Najia was about to have a few coarse words with her, before stiffening as she saw a small group of armed guards walking past them.

“Remember Eveline, you are my daughter, and we’re foreigners from another country who just came here. Don’t make a scene!” She whispered harshly. The last thing either of them needed was to be discovered. Least their search comes to an end… and the life of the poor Mermaid they were looking for was forfeit.

Scoffing, Eveline paced in front of the Kitsune but said nothing else. Looking across at her younger ward, Najia frowned. She had been a lot more hostile since they entered the town. It seemed her past tragedies were still haunting her. This saddened her greatly. But, she still needed Eveline’s help.

“Kit… I don’t know where to look. I’m completely at a loss. You might be the only thing that gives us a fighting chance of helping this poor girl. Please, just behave while we’re here, for me?” Glancing over her shoulder, Eveline brooded silently but moved her hand back out none the less.

Cupping the Vampires hand gently, Najia smiled down at her little kit before they began walking at their accustomed pace once more. This reminded her of old times; back when they used to blend in together when they moved from town to town. She missed those days.

Letting Eveline pull her along gently as they walked, both Hominal soon came to a large marketplace before Eve nudged her chin upwards as she hinted to certain stands that rested before them. “This is Coleraine’s largest trade and import market. I used to come here with my… I used to come here when I was younger. You’ll most likely find the information you’re looking for here.” Eveline whispered, her hat hiding the pain in her eyes as she remembered the painful memories of her past.

Her parents used to take her here with several maids ever few weeks. Just thinking about it made her heart hurt. Funny, that useless organ still made her feel things she hadn't felt since she was alive. Smiling warmly, Najia nodded before both girls headed inward. They had a lot of ground to cover… and time was very much a factor.

 

If they didn’t find the information they needed here… then the Mermaid’s fate was sealed…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Going from stand to stand, both Eveline and Najia played their roles as foreigners who had just come to a new land. With the right questions asked, and in the right order, they were soon able to make some ground as more leads began to surface the more they talked.

Word of mouth was strong in big cities like this. Eveline was right to bring them here. Stepping up to a small stand next to a dock, Najia smiled warmly towards an older gentleman as he wrapped up a large fish for a couple in front of him.

“I think we’re close kit. This might be promising.” Closing her eyes as she hid her scarlet irises from sight, the Vampire watched the world around her through the black and white haze that was her senses. Each step was like an echo to her giving her the image her vision could not. But, that didn’t really matter with Najia pulling her along.

“Excuse me, s-sir? I-I’m sorry but I’m a little lost, do you know where the… umm… Oh, the broken barrel is? I was told that my daughter and I could get rest there. Is it an inn?” Looking up slowly, the older man frowned as he saw the blonde woman and child in front of him. What a strange sight. Usually, the folks here were red or raven-haired.

“You’re not from here are ya?” Shaking her head sadly, Najia pouted before looking away timidly. “I-Is it that obvious? S-Sorry, am… am I not welcomed here either? I… I tried to ask the same thing from the other stand over there… but, the man said he didn’t want to help any of my kind…” She whimpered, a small stream trailing down her cheeks as she tried to stifle her tears.

Stiffening up immediately, the fishmonger looked over at where the woman had pointed before grinding his teeth. It was one of the other rival stands that shared the same district “Damn that racist bastard… Figures he would treat a lady like yerself this way. Well, all are welcomed here!” He smiled politely before nodding to the sobbing woman.

Covering her mouth as she cupped it, Najia sniffled before bowing her head respectfully. “O-Oh, t-thank you so much! That makes me feel much better. I, I came here hoping to find a better future for my daughter, but… a lot of people seem to not care for us. I got so worried this would be the way everyone was… I guess, that makes me racist to them… Doesn't it?” She whispered.

Quickly shaking his head, the man raised his hands calmly as he tried to relieve the troubled foreigner. “N-No, not at all. We get lotsa different folk here. Got people from other countries coming here all the time actually. No need to worry miss, I’m sure there’s a place for you and yer lass here in Coleraine.”

Smirking from behind her sleeved hand, Najia put on a charming smile as her eyes glowed a faint pink. “Y-You’re too kind to us. Thank you so much! I’m sorry for the troubling questions, but, do you know the place I asked is? My daughter and I are so tired… it’s been almost a full day since we’ve arrived.” The Kitsune sighed, her hand moving down as she gently patted the younger girls head.

Glaring beneath her hat, Eveline leaned into Najia before snuggling closer to her as she rested against her. ‘Idiot…’ This was a stupid act. No one should be as gullible as this. But, they always were. Najia always got her way. Always…

Watching the blonde as she leaned down over his stand, the older man soon stiffened as Najia’s beautiful eyes locked onto his own. “Do you? Do you know?” Shivering, the man soon nodded before pointing north of where they were.

“A-Ay, it’ll be just a few streets upper here. If ya stick to the main road you’ll hit it in a quarter hour.” Smiling warmly, Najia’s hand moved up to her partially exposed chest as she gently brushed her skin. “Really! Thank you so much, sir! You wouldn’t believe how exhausted we are. I had to carry my little one during our trip she got so worn out. I’ve been tired ever since. I haven’t even had a chance to bathe… I must look, disgusting.” Lacing her words slowly as her eyes continued to glow faintly, Najia grinned as she saw the man now in her trance.

Shuddering as he openly ogled the blonde before him, the fishmonger gulped before shaking his head. “N-Never!” Chuckling, the Hominal trailed her finger over her breasts slowly before pulling her index finger off her skin and gently touching the trembling man’s lower jaw as she closed it for him.

“Thank you so much~. But, while I’m asking, I have one other question for you. Do you think you could answer it, for me? Please, ~?” Sinking into her gentle touch, the entranced man nodded as he listened intently to what the foreign woman wanted. He’d tell her anything she wanted to know!

Pulling away from Najia now that the Kitsune had what she wanted, Eveline snarled quietly as she tried not to gag. How could she always deface herself like this! It would be beneath her to ever do such a thing to a human… let alone to any other creature. It was pathetic… for the both of them.

Opening her eyes back up, the younger girl ignored the flirtatious laughter above her as she began looking around. She had seen this enough today as is. As the Vampiress shifted her gaze around indifferently, a flash of blonde soon caught the younger girl’s attention.

Blinking slowly, Eveline squinted her eyes as she saw a strange sight. She could see a woman dressed in white with long strawberry blonde hair carrying something in her arms as she gingerly walked around the many stalls. She almost never saw others with hair like that. It was just like her… her hair…

Watching the woman closely, Eveline’s eyes slowly began to widen before she took an involuntary step backward. ‘N-No, no way…’ What were the chances…? Gawking as she continued to watch the woman walk, she soon saw her stop as she stood next to a raven haired man.

Their faces… she didn’t recognize them immediately, how sad was that? She should never have forgotten the faces… of the ones who betrayed her the most. Clenching her fists, the little Vampire’s eyes began to glow as a not so subtle growl escaped her lips. It was them… It was really them.

Glaring at the peer as her eyes took their visages in, Eveline could only see red, as she stared at the happy faces… of her own parents. Digging her nails into the fabric of her gloves, the younger girl panted in rage as she saw them laughing carelessly. They looked, so, happy…

And it was ticking her off… However, all blood soon drained from the Vampires face, as she saw the woman turn towards her, and fully reveal to her what she had been carrying. Growing cold as her breath ceased, Eveline choked quietly as her eyes fell on the small bundle in her mom’s arms.

It was a baby. She was carrying, a baby. What was going on! Trembling where she stood, Eveline snarled as she watched the two beginning to walk off. Where were they going! Stepping towards them, a hand was soon placed on the Vampires shoulder as she was stopped in her tracks.

“Aww, my little ones so hungry! Your little tummy was growling so loud!” Najia whined before kneeling down in front of Eveline. Moving her face beneath the Vampires large hat, the Kitsune glared back at her as she saw her kit’s eyes glowing red. She was openly growling like some kind of animal!

What part of blending in didn’t she understand? Opening her mouth as she whispered in a tone no one else but Eveline could possibly hear, Najia gave her silent warning. “Be silent, he’s coming too. Breathe…” Feeling her nails shredding her own gloves apart, Eveline soon shut her eyes before taking deep breaths to calm down.

She was exposing herself… she had to calm down. Looking down at the two girls, the fishmonger gently shook his head as he began coming back to the present. What just happened? He felt, really tired all of a sudden.

“Thank you for telling us where the inn is sir. Please, take this as a thank you.” Setting a couple pieces of silver down on the man’s stand, Najia turned swiftly before picking up Eveline in her arms. Watching as the two women began to leave, the older man shook his head gently as he tried to figure out what had just happened.

Looking down at the silver slowly, the man soon frowned before looking back to the foreigner. “H-Hey miss, wait, ya don’t need to pay me to…” Growing silent as he stared at the faceless crowd in front of him, the fishmonger scowled now. She was gone…

 

She was just, gone…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“Have you lost your mind kit?! You let your soul show for everyone to see! What if there were hunters nearby! They’re trained to spot our kind! What could possibly make you act in such a way?!” Najia screamed as both she and her younger charge rested in an inn a few blocks past the one they had been asking about from the earlier day.

It didn’t help to cover their tracks with false information. Glaring at the wall silently, Eveline sat motionless with her arms crossed as she concentrated on breathing in, and out. If she stopped for even a second… her eyes would change back.

She was pissed. And she wanted answers. Feeling Najia sit down on the bed with her, the Kitsune's tails soon unfurrowed from beneath her small dress as she pulled the younger girl into her, concern evident in her eyes.

“Eveline, please… talk to me. What made you act the way you did? What was it you saw, that made you so angry?” Watching the younger girl as she bit her tongue silently, the Hominal continued to gaze at her crestfallen.

Hugging the younger girl into her, the blonde said nothing as she gently cradled her little kit. “Please, don’t worry me like that again…” Feeling her hair being brushed gently, Eveline soon closed her eyes but made no attempt to move away from the Hominal this time. As much as she hated her, her arms warmth was calming her down.

It was helping her think… helping her plan. Cradling the younger girl gently, Najia’s eyes fluttered closed as she simply sat with her kit. Whatever was going on, they needed to work it out now. She had learned what she needed.

The auction was tomorrow and the Mermaid was the center of attention all across town. One way or another, they would save her. But, she didn’t need her little one to do something as revealing as she had today.

Sitting in silence for awhile, Eveline’s mind never paused as her mind went over many different scenarios, and eventually, she figured out what she’d do with what she had discovered today. She even had the perfect opportunity to do it too.

 

Betrayal… being stabbed in the back… soon, they would know what it felt like too. Soon, they would know pain. She wanted revenge…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

~ 3 days later ~

 

Standing over the bed beside her, Najia’s eyes loomed over Eveline as the little Vampire slept soundly. Today was the day. The auction had gone off without a hitch, regretfully. As much as she wanted to save the poor Mermaid then, she just couldn’t. The auction had been well hidden, and just as equally well guarded. She would have either revealed herself to the entirety of the town… or leveled half the city if she tried anything there.

No, she had to be patient. She just hoped the poor child was alright. She looked so, scared. Cupping her chest gently as she recalled the navy haired toddler, Najia clenched her eyes tightly. She’d save her. Especially now after finding out who had bought her.

An Apothecary had been the winning bidder. From what rumors had said… he planned on keeping the child for testing… and eventually harvesting. It made her sick to her stomach. Looking out the window as the sun fully began to set, the Kitsune nodded before moving towards the sleeping Vampire.

Staring down at the snoring girl, Najia was silent before turning her back to her. Perhaps it was best she went alone. She trusted her kit not to get hurt, she had trained her better than that but… she had been acting, different the past few days.

Ever since their initial arrival in this town, or more specifically the port they had been pressing for information… the younger girl seemed, distant… emotionless… dark. It made the hair on the back of her neck rise. Something was wrong, but, no matter how many times she pressured to tell her what was wrong, she was always met with a stony silence.

Opening the window as the dusk finally arrived, Najia’s azure eyes scanned the streets below as she saw fewer and fewer people moving about. Tonight was the night the couriers transported the Mermaid to her new owner.

This would be the only chance she could recover her safely and with the least amount of casualties as she could manage. She hated taking lives… it was too much for her to burden anymore. And with her camp not far from the town, she could plan their course easy enough back. Giving Eveline one last look as she pondered whether to bring her with her or not, the Kitsune soon decided against it.

It was best that she slept for now. Once this was all over, they could depart, and hopefully, Eveline would return to her former self, her real self. Smiling sadly at the thought, Najia sighed before moving her foot to the windowsill.

Scanning the streets for a final time, the Hominal nodded before vanishing into the air, as she took off into the night.

 

 

Opening her scarlet eyes once she was alone, Eveline rolled out of bed before changing out of her bed gown and into her normal clothes. Najia had made this even easier for her. Shaking her head in amusement, the blonde adjusted her ruffles before moving over towards the windowsill as well.

She too had a goal tonight… and the less Najia knew the better. Tonight, her parents would pay…

 

Tonight, she would go in for the kill…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Appearing atop a large ancestral rooftop, Eveline’s eyes glowed red as she stared at her home. No, it was never her home. This was always just another place. A Place she grew up in… a place she rested at… the place she was betrayed… There was never love.

Narrowing her eyes, the blonde peered through all the windows with sight even hawks would envy. She could see it all. The candles and lamps were blown out for the night, and the night staff was sound asleep. Pitiful… they would soon learn the error of their ways come morning, once they discovered their new heiress… dead.

Smiling darkly at the thought, Eveline took a step forward, but only a step… before feeling a hand placed on her shoulder. Vanishing in an instant, the Vampire backed up considerably as her eyes shot open. Someone had approached her?! Why didn’t she sense it!

However, it soon dawned on her why. Paling as her body grew numb, Eveline could only stare in disbelief, as Najia stood before her, an emotionless look present over the older woman’s features. She was supposed to be out of the city by now!

“What are you doing here… I thought you had a new pet to acquire…” Glaring down at her little kit, Najia’s tails were fully exposed as her ears unfolded from her hair. “I was… but one of my lambs strayed from the herd. I know why you’re here Eveline. Do not, do this…”

Clenching her fists in anger, the Vampire’s eyes glowed a bloody red as she glared hatefully back at her jailor. Funny, she hadn’t thought about her that way for so long… but, nothing had changed. It never really had.

“You swore to me that you’d never look inside my head... I guess all Monsters are liars after all…” Eveline spat as she bore her fangs towards the older woman. Feeling her lips twitch upward, if only a centimeter, Najia shook her head, before closing her eyes.

“I’ve never needed my kit. I could always tell what you were thinking. It’s in my nature. And this became very easy to see when I meditated on it. I’m guessing the couple you saw back in the port, were your parents? Even after all this time… you still hate them?”

Snarling at the Kitsune for putting it together so quickly, Eveline turned her back on the Hominal. She knew nothing! “Leave me alone… this has nothing to do with you. I’ll meet you outside the city once I’m done.”

“No Eveline… you won’t.”

 

Narrowing her eyes, the younger girl craned her neck as she saw Najia’s back turned towards her. “What did you say?” Trembling silently, the Kitsune clenched her teeth before shaking her head. “I said, you won’t. If you do this Eveline… try to seek out vengeance… then you no longer have a place beside me.”

Staring at Najia with widened eyes, Eveline was speechless. “What…?” Moving her hand over her chest as she grew dewy-eyed, Najia couldn’t stop herself as she continued to shake her head. “You’ve always called me Monster. Called our kind, Monsters. It’s a habit I’ve never been able to break you of… even though you’re now one of us. But know this kit… Those who travel down the path of revenge… the ones who seek blood… Those are the true monsters.”

Watching as Najia turned back to her now, the Vampire was utterly speechless. Was she, crying?  Staring at the tears that gently trickled down the Kitsune’s face, the younger girl couldn’t believe what she was seeing. Never in their time together had she seen her cry… not once. And now…

Lowering her eyes as she saw her kit simply standing there, motionlessly… she couldn’t take it. “Eveline… for over a decade, I’ve raised you. I’ve seen you grow into the woman you are today. You’ve always been stubborn… and a handful at times… But, you’ve never been malicious. Even with your demons inside you, I know a part of you doesn’t want to do this. So please, if you have even a shred of doubt in your mind, that this won't give you peace, then listen to it. Because once you go through with this… once you leave… I won’t be here when you get back. I have enough blood on my hands alone for all my lifetimes. I won’t carry yours too…” She whispered, her tone almost pleading as she tried desperately to dissuade the younger girl.

She was confused… but she wasn’t a lost cause. She was her kit for a reason. Staring Najia down as the nightly wind blew over them both, no noise was made as an eerie silence, one that had not been present before took hold of them.

As the minutes ticked by, however, Eveline’s eyes soon left Najia’s… as she turned her back to her. “So… you won’t be here when I get back? You won’t keep me bound at the hip or on your leash like the dog you’ve always seen me as any longer? Thank you… You’ve just made this choice easier for me. I don’t need you anymore…”

Stepping forward and onto the edge of the roof, Eveline peered over her shoulder expecting to see… something, but… Najia was gone. She was simply, gone. And that was fine by her. It was as she said… she wasn’t a kid anymore who needed protection.

 

Najia had nothing left to give her… but this did…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Silence, pure, and utter, tranquility, this was the state the Ventris household was on a night such as this. No stormy weather. No loud commotions or fights in the city. It was simply peaceful, and quiet. A perfect setting, for her revenge…

Landing without so much as a patter as she dropped from the open window above the study chambers her father had often used, Eveline’s eyes shined brightly as she scanned the brightly lit room. To anyone else, it would be a pitch black nightmare to navigate… Few were the pleasures of being undead, but, when it came down to it… she knew that she liked her newly acquired powers. They made her feel… invincible. They made her feel… alive.

Glancing towards the sleeping maid that rested by the front door, the blonde couldn’t help but smile. In the past, the night staff tended to stay up for her in case she needed something. Oh, how her parents had made the mistake of hiring such worthless help.

Strutting right past the exhausted girl, the Vampiress continued to eye the ground just in case. She had tested it a few days ago… and surprisingly, she was still able to enter. It seemed the rules of her vampirism didn’t apply if she had once lived there. That was helpful to know. She could probably come back someday in the future if she wanted to. The look on her parent’s faces would be worth it…

Seeing them crying… seeing them distraught with anger and anguish. It excited her! Pausing steadily as she walked up the staircases that lead towards her old quarters, Eveline frowned as she felt her heart beat loudly.

Touching her chest, the blonde scowled before shaking her head. That was weird. Her heart hadn’t beaten in ages. It was worthless to her though. Who needed a heart, when you didn’t care to feel anything?

Ignoring the slight pain that had followed, the Hominal adjusted herself once she reached the top of the stairs before her eyes widened. Turning a corner slowly as she yawned sleepily, a woman in a small black nightgown trekked down the long corridor, lit candle in hand as she made her way towards another room of the elegant manor… unaware of the creature currently hanging above her.

Digging her claws into the wooden ceiling, Eveline glared at the woman as she walked by her before she moved out of sight. She was headed towards the powder room. Figures she’d run into someone eventually. Thankfully, she didn’t look like she was in any state to notice her.

Landing in absolute silence once again, Eveline smiled before fleeting down the hallway. If anyone was watching, it would simply look like a trick of the eye, as something flashed through their eyes. Maybe wind, perhaps the light reflecting off the walls?

It didn’t matter though. She was here. Standing in front of her old door, Eveline was mute as she trailed her fingers over the wooden frame. It had been repaired. Scrapping her nails into the wood, the Vampire’s expression turned from nostalgia to anger slowly as she dug her claws inward.

‘Knock it off!’ Hitting her chest as her heart beat once more, Eveline growled under her breath before moving her hand to the door. She needed to get this over with. The less she reminisced, the easier it would be… and the more satisfying.

Swinging her door open, the hinges as silent as if they were freshly oiled, Eveline soon saw her room for what it was now. Scanning the room slowly, the Vampire hissed before cupping her chest. Her heart… Damn it, what was going on!

Feeling it beat steadily, the blonde held her breath for a couple minutes in silence before the organ died off, and ceased its incessant pattering. She didn’t want it to interfere! Glaring hatefully back at her old chambers, the Hominal grit her teeth as she saw all the changes that had occurred.

The walls had been painted over, the broken wall had been fixed with a new bay window… all of her old toys and clothes were gone to… nothing remained… nothing, but a brand new crib. Smiling darkly as her eyes glowed brighter, Eveline stood up straight before strutting into the room, her eagerness showing as she took pleasure in her each and every footfall.

She was going to enjoy this. And enjoy what was going to come the following morning after. Standing over the crib, Eveline peered downward before her breath hitched. Sleeping soundly, almost as if it didn’t need to breathe either… was a little, baby girl.

The infant didn’t look more than a year old if even that. She was precious. Grinning savagely, Eveline flexed her claws before reaching down past the wooden cribs walls. She was beautiful. And now, she was going to be the instrument for her vengeance!

Moving her finger down to the toddler’s neck, the Vampires nail trailed over the itty bitty veins she could see glowing beneath her skin. She was so weak… so fragile… so… vulnerable. And to think, she had once been as weak as this too. It sickened her!

She was better now though. Stronger… she would never allow herself to be this weak again. ‘Strength is pointless. Power is meaningless. Talent is wasted… None of these things matter, unless you have something to use them on. Someone to use them for. Someone to protect them with.’ Blinking quietly as her finger rested on the infant's neck, Eveline quietly began to growl as she heard Najia’s words echo in her mind.

They often did… in the strangest of times. Even now, she was plagued by her old Mentor. Why? Shaking her head slowly to rid her of the thoughts, the Vampire smiled once again as she remembered why she was here… before all blood drained from her face, as she saw the baby’s eyes opening up and staring back at her.

‘Damn it!’ She was going to start crying and wake someone up! She needed to do this now before… before… b-before… Feeling her lower jaw tremble, Eveline shivered slowly as she watched the baby wiggling slowly in her crib, her bright blue eyes staring up at her fearlessly… a smile, spread wide across her lips as she cooed up at her quietly.

‘W-What…?’ Giggling happily, the little girl watched the strange person above her as her petite hands clenched onto the soft finger that was outstretched towards her face. Feeling her hand being played with as the baby started to suck on her finger, Eveline continued to watch as she tried to comprehend it.

“W-Why… why aren’t you crying? I’m a Monster…” Eveline whispered. She was towering over this infant, claws bared, and her eyes a bloody red… and it didn’t look like she even cared. In fact, she looked, excited really.

Laughing loudly as she continued to cling to the hand in front of her, the little girl wrapped her lips around the larger girls finger again as she gently teethed against her skin. Yanking her hand away in disgust, Eveline hissed angrily before her eyes shot open.

Whimpering in her crib, the child soon began to whine before crying loudly. Gritting her teeth, the Vampires hand soon moved back down… before the crying ceased. Laughing happily as she got her way, the baby continued where she left off as she sucked on the blonde's fingertips.

Watching her silently, Eveline frowned as she tried to comprehend it. “You’re an idiot… a waste of a life. Look at you… Lying there helplessly as a Monster like me holds your life on the ends of her very fingertips… T-The very fingertips you seem to be worshiping right now! Is that it? Are you groveling! Begging for me to spare your pathetic life!” Eveline hissed. But, she was only met with inaudible gibberish from the infant.

Sighing as she shook her head, the Vampire massaged her brow as she tried to figure out why she was humoring this child… and an infant that couldn’t possibly answer nor understand her no less. She had come here for a reason after all. Snapping her eyes open, Eveline soon stared the baby down as her bloody irises bore into the younger girl.

“Be silent, and make no noise. Obey me an- H-H-Hey?!” Yanking her hand away angrily as she was bit harder, the baby soon began to cry again much to Eveline’s chagrin before she picked the infant up in anger. “I SAID BE SILENT!”

Turning her head to her, the little girl soon started to giggle once more as she was picked up. Why… why was she like this? Why did she keep reacting like this to her anger! She didn’t understand! “Why do you keep laughing at me?! Are you making fun of me! Is that it! Is this all a joke to you?!”

Panting as her heart began to beat once again, Eveline grit her teeth as she huff in anger. What was this? Some kind of a farce?! She was here to kill her not humor her! Letting the infant dangle as she held her by the onesie nightgown she wore, Eveline outstretched her claws before raising them up.

“Just die…” Snarling loudly at the baby, Eveline tried to provoke her… tried to make her cry… but, she still didn’t. Bring her nails down in an instant, the Vampire tried to end it… but… her fingers froze right before reaching the child’s neck.

Twitching her digits, Eveline bared her fangs at the baby wiggling in her hand… as she continued to watch her… her bright blue eyes… full, of something. It wasn’t fear. It was something else. “Why do you not fear me… I want to k-kill you… so, why…”

Cupping the child slowly, Eveline’s arms soon retracted as she pulled the infant into her. Cradling the baby in silence, the blonde looked her over as she saw her eyes slowly falling closed. As she watched her, the Vampiress had to pause as she suddenly realized what she had been doing. She was rocking her to sleep!

Gritting her teeth again, the older girl closed her eyes before breathing deeply. She needed to stop this. It was time she ended it. Ended it all. Ended… ended her life. Taking deep breathes as she tried to find resolve to do the deed she had set out here to do, Eveline’s eyes soon opened back up, as they glowed brighter.

“I’m Eveline Elise Ventris… deceased heir to the Ventris household. Betrayed by our father… and left for dead… I’m a Monster… I’m not of this world. I’m just a filthy… vile… creature. And this is what we do. Goodbye…” Pausing as she tried to talk herself into it, Eveline looked down at the baby in confusion.

It just dawned on her… she didn’t even know her name. Looking over the crib as she tried to spot a plak, the Vampire growled as she finally found it. She had one just like it once in her own crib. Why did she remember that?

Scoffing, the blonde looked over the etched nameplate… before stiffening in disbelief. ‘D-D-Damn you… Damn you… you bastard…’ Clenching her eyes shut, Eveline panted through her teeth before raising her claws over the child’s neck once more.

“G-G-Goodbye… Evelyn… I guess, you really are, my sister…” They named her after her… Screw them! She was just a replacement! She wasn’t even worth renaming! Trembling in anger, Eveline’s jaw shook as she tried to remain composed… but her useless heart wouldn’t stop!

Pounding into her chest, the veiny organ beat loudly as it pulsated more than it ever had. It hurt. Why did it hurt so much? It just… hurt. Opening her eyes back up, Eveline stared down at her sister… as tears trailed down her cheeks. She couldn’t stop…

She couldn’t stop crying. Oh god, it hurt! Staring back up at her with her big blue eyes, the infant cooed quietly as droplets of water splashed down on her. Looking up at the older girl as she cried over her, the younger infant reached her petite hands upwards towards the girl… almost as if to comfort her.

Sniffling, Eveline sputtered as she shook her head. She couldn’t do it. Oh god… what was she doing? What was she about to do to her! Cupping the infant into her chest as she sobbed, Eveline wept in pain as her heart beat faster and faster.

Why… why was she feeling things? She hadn’t felt anything… but, anger… in so, so… long. So, why now? Why now of all times. And why did it feel like a stake being driven through her heart! She wanted it to stop!

 

*Crash!*

 

Stiffening, Eveline’s eyes widened as she heard a loud clatter behind her. Leaning up slowly, the Vampire soon turned, before all color drained from her face. Standing in the doorway to the room… was a woman, a tray of broken porcelain under her as she cupped her mouth in shock.

Looking directly at the woman in just as much disbelief, Eveline’s eyes slowly widened. Her black dress and white apron… her flawless features, if only a little aged… her bright auburn red hair. “E-E-Eveline…”

‘Caitriona’…

 

Staring across at her old pseudo-mother, Eveline was left utterly wordless. It was really her. Twelve years… and she still looked just as beautiful and memorable as she remembered her. It was really her.

Cupping her mouth as her mind tried to relay what she was seeing to her brain, that what she was seeing… was really real, the redheaded woman gazed down at Eveline… as she saw the child she had once nurtured and looked after… now holding the newly born Heiress of the Ventris family.

Was this truly real? Was this really… really her? “E-E-Eveline…” As she watched the child, however, the blonde’s eyes suddenly glowed red before she vanished in an instant. Blinking slowly, Caitriona gasped before rushing over to the crib.

Looking down in the wooden bed, her eyes softened momentarily as she saw the young Heiress she was charged with watching over lying awake in her cot, her hands outstretched as a sad look overtook her face, tears soon leaving her eyes as she wailed loudly. The person who had been cradling her… was gone.

Picking up Evelyn, the older woman pulled the infant into her as she held her tightly before staring at the open window before her. It was real… she knew it was.

 

Eveline… was still alive…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

~ Outskirts of Coleraine ~

 

 

Falling to the ground from out of thin air, Eveline landed on her knee’s as she panted loudly. Slumping forward as her hands fell into the dirt beneath her, the blonde continued to breathe ruggedly before screaming.

Wailing in a beastial manner, Eveline’s eyes glowed a bloody red before she began clawing at the ground angrily. Panting as she snarled, the little Vampire raked the dirt away as she felt the onslaught of emotions all assaulting her at once.

Shaking her head furiously, she soon had to stop as she felt fatigue setting in. She had run straight out of the city… to here. Falling on her stomach in complete and utter defeat, the blonde sobbed loudly as she felt it all.

Pain, regret, anger, sadness, pity… defeat. She had never been so wrong in her life. Clawing at the ground once more, her nails dug in deep as she whimpered softly. She missed her. She missed it all. She… she missed her life…

 

“So… was it everything you’d thought it would be?”

 

Feeling a presence standing over her, Eveline’s face soon rose from the dirt as she felt something nudging her chin upwards. Looking up weakly, the little Vampire sniffled as her scarlet eyes met with Najia’s blue ones. Why… why was she here?

Moving the crying girls face back and forth as she observed her, the blonde sighed softly as she continued to kneel over the trounced girl. “Was your revenge all it was cracked up to be? Did it make you feel better? Did it fill that hole that lies in your heart?” Shivering from the cold tone she heard, the younger girl bit her lip before tugging her head away.

“I… I d-didn’t… I couldn’t… I’m, I-I’m…”

 

“Human?”

 

Growling from the condescending tone she heard, Eveline stared back up at Najia, but, she saw nothing but sadness in the older woman’s face now. Sitting down gently, the Hominal didn’t move to touch Eveline again as her eyes instead focused back on the city in front of her.

“No… you’re not human. You’re a Monster, a Monster that feels nothing, a monster that wants nothing more than to forget her past and bury it. Is that close to it?” Clenching her eyes as she was forced to listen to the Kitsune’s words, Eveline buried her face in the dirt dejectedly. She couldn’t say anything… She didn’t have anything she could say… Not after all of this. It wasn’t supposed to be like this…

Looking down at her kit as she sobbed on the ground, Najia moved her hand up to her chest before a small smile crossed her lips. “Monsters are evil. They don’t feel things. You’re supposed to be one, right? So tell me… why couldn’t you go through with it? Didn’t you want to hurt your parents? To make them feel pain… like the pain, you’ve been suffering for all these years? Pain that I couldn’t heal… and that you couldn’t forgive?”

Clenching her teeth, Eveline’s voice soon returned, as she tried to end this. “Y-You shouldn’t be here… You said you’d leave me… if I tried to… to…” Snarling as she felt her stomaching churning when she tried to say it, a hand soon fell on the back of her head, as she felt her hair being gently pet in return.

“I did indeed. But, I knew you wouldn’t go through with it. After all, you’re not a Monster. You’re my kit.” Raising the blondes face out of the dirt, Najia felt her heart ache as she saw the younger girl, cheeks puffy and red, with tears streaming down her face. She couldn’t stop crying…

Sniffling as she sputtered softly, Eveline shivered as her body was slowly being drawn forward into Najia’s lap, a pair of tails resting on her to comfort her in her pain. Trembling painfully from the stabbing in her chest, the younger girl Bit her knuckled as she tried to make it stop.

“I… It hurts… why does it h-hurt so much… why…?” Stroking the sniveling girl’s cheek, Najia was mute as she wiped the dirt that had been smeared over her face away. “Because you still feel Eveline. You’re still here, here with me now. Here in this world. Here, and relevant. You’re not forgotten… and no matter what you say, you’re, still, you. Not a Monster… but a person. A Person that feels… that loves. You’re simply you, Eveline. And no matter what you think… you always will be.”

Choking on the response she received, Eveline shook her head slowly as she continued to cry. “E-E-Eveline’s dead! I-I’m n-no one! Even… even my very name was stripped and taken away…” She whimpered. No one cared for her… she had simply been, replaced.

“Well… If Eveline is dead, then there’s nothing you can do about it? Is there, Eve?” Stiffening, the blonde slowly turned her head before looking into the Kitsune’s smiling face. “W-What…?” Chuckling at the response she had hoped to hear, Najia’s fingers moved under the younger woman’s chin before she leaned her face down towards hers.

“If Eveline is dead… then who am I talking to now? If you no longer wish to be my kit, then you’ll simply be my Eve. I’ve been traveling with a person for all these years… not a ghost or a figment of my imagination. You’re still here. And you’ll never be forgotten by me, even if others choose to do just that.” She whispered before pressing her forehead into the Vampires.

Shuddering as she looked into Najia’s face, Eveline soon began to cry once more before her arms began to rise on their own. “N-Najia…” Opening her eyes back up, the Hominal smiled as she felt the blonde’s hands wrapping around her back.

 

“P-PLEASE… PLEASE DON’T LEAVE ME!”

 

Clutching Eveline into her as she wailed louder, the Kitsune shook her head as she sat up slowly, her arms and tails pulling the smaller girl into her as she comforted her close. “I’ll always be with you kit. I’ll always be beside you, my Eve.”

Breaking down completely as she felt her pain being stripped away, the Vampire held onto Najia for dear life as she hugged her. Why… why did she do this to her? She didn’t deserve it.

 

She didn’t deserve her.

 

“I-I’m sorry… I-I-I’m s-so… s-sorry… I-I’m sorry… I-I-I’m sorry… I’m sorry…”

 

Sitting together as she let her kit get it all out, Najia smiled as she watched the sun slowly starting to rise. The night was over… and with it, a new day was coming. A day she had long awaited…

 

A day, when she could finally help her kit, let go of her past… so she could move on with her future.

 

She was now, free.

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

~ Hours later ~

 

Hearing a loud cry of pain to both her left and right, Eveline glanced back and forth at the large group of armored men all rendered unconscious by her and Najia’s hand. Looking at the road as she let the Kitsune do her thing, the Vampire’s eyes were ever watchful from beneath the tree she rested against.

They had finally tracked her down again. After the events that night back in Coleraine, it had become even clearer to her now just how much the Hominal cared for her. She had chosen her over the auctioned Mermaid that night, a fact that eased her heart greatly. But, that did mean they had to track her back down again the following morning. Thankfully, it didn’t take more than half a day.

Watching as the blonde pried open the glass container to release the other Hominal, Eveline simply closed her eyes and waited. If these men had taken a hidden route and not traveled by road, then they may have never located them again. She had almost screwed up the very reason they had been back in her hometown to begin with… all for her selfish retribution.

Slumping into the tree behind her, Eveline sighed as she rested in peace. For once in her life, she actually felt it. Peace. Pressing against her chest right above her heart, the Vampiress smiled quietly as the throbbing pain she had been experiencing all night subsided. It was now a gentle patter. It sounded, human.

‘Even if I’m not one…’ Frowning from her darkening thoughts rising back up, the Hominal cast them aside as she opened her eyes once more, her vision soon shifting over to the Mermaid she saw for the very first time.

She was young, younger than her visage even. She couldn’t be more than four or five years old. Giving the crying girl a saddened look as she watched Najia speaking to her, Eveline's mind wandered freely. It was hard to believe, that she thought so little of Najia, up until now. She was a saint…

Cupping her chest as her heart beat spiked a bit, Eveline breathed deeply to slow it back down. It would take some time to get used to it again. Take time, to learn how to feel more than anger, or resentment. She had to relearn it all. “Kit, a word?” Blinking as Najia came towards her, the Vampire moved to the treeline but paused right before she came out into the open.

Looking up at the older woman as she smiled down at her warmly, Najia soon kneeled down before glancing over her shoulder. “This is Brook. She’ll be joining us for a little while I find a way to get her back home. I know you’re not one to take to others very easily… but, she looks like she could use a friend. And, you look like you could use one too, Eve.”

Blushing from the newly acquired nickname, Eveline nodded silently before looking back over to crying Hominal wadding in the small pool she was trapped in. Stepping forward much to Najia’s surprise, Eveline winced as the sun beat down on her, but, she ignored it.

Coming to the edge of the cart, the Vampire’s crimson eyes met with the Mermaids green ones. She could hear her whimpering as she grew closer… she was scared of her. Wiping the scowl off her face, the Vampiress forced a smile to surface as she extended her hand forward.

“Don’t worry, everything will be alright. We’re here to help you.” Sniffling in her tank, the little Mermaid looked up at the older girl before reaching her hand forward. Watching the interaction slowly, Eveline smiled quietly before doing the same and eventually cupping the toddlers in her own.

“You’re safe now, I promise.” Seeing as a small smile made its way to the Mermaid’s face, Eveline’s lips curled upwards as well. Perhaps, Najia was right again. Perhaps… it was time, that she tried making some friends. No, it was time... for her to start living.

 

“My names Eveline… but, if you want to… call me, Eve.”

 

 

To be continued.

End Notes:

 

I hope you enjoyed how it ended! When F.W made Eve's character, I was shocked with how dark he made her but... I don't think I have room to talk about dark backstories... >.<

But it fit very well with what I needed. But, we'll get to Abby again shortly now. Sorry for keeping you all waiting. RL can be a pain sometimes. Either way I'll see you in a few!

Bye bye~

Paving a way for their future, by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

Well hellooooo everyone! :D

 

Glad to be posting again! Sorry if its a bit delayed xD

My poor Senpai fell ill and couldn't help me with this chapter like he usually does... T,T

Wishes out to his health people!

 

I know this chapter was a long time coming so I made sure to put just as much effort into it as I do all my others! Please enjoy and as always give me those yummy reviews and replies, I love to hear what you think! Especially since I was gone for so long!

I missed you alllllll!

 

Enjoy! :D

 

 

 

*Present*

 

Lying on top of her bed as the back of her hand rested on her forehead, Eve was solemn and quiet as she finally finished her tale. It had taken several hours and been a bit longer then she had planned… but, she didn’t want her Abby to be missing details. After all, she wanted to know what she had gotten herself into. What better way than to start it off with tragedy... She wanted to make sure she knew, just why they wanted her to stay with them… Why she wanted her to stay with her…

Gazing up at the rocky roof of the cavern ceilings, the candles lights flickered across the walls as the little Vampire watched them dance. If she were being honest, it almost seemed like they were acting out parts of her story from time to time just for the two of them to see.

Closing her eyes silently, Eve shook her head before letting out a thoughtful sigh. “And, this brings us, to where we are now. Stuck in a cave, in the middle of nowhere… with our only protector unconscious and beaten by the humans she refuses to kill. It’s sad really… I’ve known Najia almost all my life, yet, her motives always threw me for a loop. She’s pacifistic at times, but in her eyes I see it. Pain, anger… sorrow. There’s so much more to her then I can ever hope to relay to you now. But, in short… I can tell you this. She doesn’t have much time left. And once she reaches her limit, we’ll be worse off than we are now.” Eve whispered.

She knew her words might not make sense at first, but, she just didn’t have an explanation she could give the smaller girl. All she could do was go on faith that she’d believe her statements. And judging from the sounds beneath her, she probably did.

Craning her neck as she stared down at her chest, Eve’s lips sagged into a frown as she saw Abby lying against her, tears streaming down her cheeks as she cried softly. The little human seemed even more disturbed then she had first thought.

Cupping her mouth as she tried to control herself, Abby was utterly speechless from the story she was told. She was just, just at a loss for words. Clenching her eyes shut, the brunette grit her teeth in pain as she felt the sorrow that rolled off the younger… no, older, woman’s words.

‘E-Eve… I-I’m so sorry…’ Feeling something gently press against her head, the smaller girl sniffled as she felt her hair being pet gently by the little undead girl. “Pity and remorse will change nothing. Do not waste your tears on me. I’m over what I’ve done. And, I’m resolved on what I am now too.” Eve whispered, her eyes hardened as she stared the shrunken girl down.

Leaning up slowly as she wiped her eyes dry (something almost entirely impossible to do at this moment), Abby continued to shake her head. “W-Why… why is it, that no matter who I talk to… you all act so happy and bright when you’ve been p-put, through these… these trials! Why?!” She didn’t understand!

Each and every one of these girls, they all had something done to them. Kari had been hurt. Casey had been hunted. Brook had been sold into slavery! Poppy was left for dead! Even Nya was abandoned… b-by her… So why, why did they all have so much, hope...?

“Because what else are we to have?” Feeling her breath hitch as her mind was probed, Abby shook her head once more before turning her tear stained cheeks towards the disheartened Hominal. Staring into each other’s eyes for a moment, Abby simply began to cry again.

“I-I’m-“ “Enough.”

Sputtering as she tried to finish her sentence, Eve’s hand soon moved in front of the brunette's face as she pressed her finger to the sobbing girl’s lips to silence her. “Apologizing for your race’s actions will do nothing. You do not speak on behalf of your entire species Abby. And as I’ve said, pity is best left for those who truly need comforting. I am resolute. And I can prove it.”

Looking up at Eve confused, the blonde soon cupped her gently before the Vampire moved off her bed. Walking over towards her desk, the larger girl eyes briefly looked over at the shattered glass she had broken earlier before flicking her finger.

Clearing off the mess she made so that it was once more neat and proper, Eve soon moved to sit down before gently placing Abby down on the wooden top. “In the past, I often tried to ignore what I was, and, what I used to be. But, that all changed the night I left my old home. I tell you this now with confidence Abby. Not even Brook knows about this, only me, and Najia. I trust that you won’t be loose-lipped on this matter either, will you?” Eve whispered before glancing down at the smaller girl.

Standing weakly on her feet, Abby was silent as she wondered what Eve was about to show her. Nodding quickly as she tried to reassure the older girl, the brunette waited as she saw the Vampire reaching into the drawer right beneath the front of the desk.

Pulling out a small stack of papers, the Hominal’s scarlet irises scanned the documents back and forth as she checked to make sure they were in order. “After the night I met my sister, one I never knew I had until then… I learned something special soon thereafter. I wondered why she didn’t seem to be scared of me. Why, Evelyn was so peaceful and happy to see, a Monster. And, to this day I still wonder. But, Najia told me something that settled my mind. Something I think back to every so often in fact.” Eve smiled before setting her papers down now.

“She told me, that instead of seeing a Monster, or a Hominal, or even a total stranger… she saw me for what I really was.” Eve whispered before her eyes traveled back down to Abby’s, a small smile gracing her lips now as she relished her mentor’s words. “Her sister.”

Letting the words sink in for a moment, Abby quietly nodded. It made sense almost. From the way Eve had told it, her younger sister didn’t show fear at all, something that would seem abnormal in fact under any other circumstance.

Picking up the first piece of paper before her, Eve let out a quiet sigh before presenting it to Abby. “Since that day, I’ve found peace in Najia’s claims, and, decided that if fate should allow it… then my sister should have the opportunity to meet me again. And if she does, then she’ll know who I am.”

Staring the document down, Abby furrowed her brow as she saw the extravagant calligraphy in front of her. She almost had trouble reading it by how neat and tidy it looked. But, one thing was for certain. These were no doubt, Eve’s very own words…

 

“Day 461, - Today strikes what I can only say was a bother of a day.  I awoke to my troublesome familiars sleeping on top of me again. They still like to use me as a bed even when I made them their own in the chambers adjacent to my own. They can be such a pain at times. But, I shouldn’t dwell on this. Najia came in today not too long after and we meditated together. After that we said goodbye and I started reading that book I acquired a couple weeks back. While it wasn’t nearly as thought-provoking as I would have liked, it did help pass the time for me until nightfall came. After greeting Poppy how we usually do, the daft airhead eventually let me out of our current dwelling. My hunt was good this night. I acquired three new familiars, two of which are now bringing me fresh information from the outside during the daytime. As I write now though I have to wonder, will tomorrow be more eventful? Perhaps not. Either way, I hope you’re doing well too. I’ll be sending this to you from a town called Heignburrow in the future, or more, the past if you're reading this now. It’s a dreary place… I like it. But, I suppose that’s just my usual mood. Either way, I still hope to hear back from you once you’ve come of age… But until then, embrace life, my little sister.

Eveline~

 

Blinking as she read the entry, Abby furrowed her brow as she tried to figure out what this was. It almost looked like a letter. Noticing the confusion written on the smaller girls face, Eve smirked before moving the page beneath it in front of her next.

Just like the last, this one had intricate and detailed calligraphy as well. But, there were a few changes this time around, most notably, the day wrote at the top of the page.

 

“Day 484, - Today was a good day, a great one in fact. I went out with Najia tonight and we scavenged like we used to. You should have seen the look on her face though when we came across an abandoned cart at the side of one of the town's roads we were near. Some simpleton actually left a trunk full of old clothes just lying there! Suffice it to say, we made good use of them. Now Kari has something less ratty to wear. Too bad that louse she hangs around couldn’t take the hint when Najia tried to give her something else to wear. She only ever wears the same ungodly black dress. You should see it! She looks like a disgusting ragdoll with the stitching she uses on herself. But, I shouldn’t say much more. No offense to you of course, but, I get the feeling if these letters ever do reach your eyes then they’ll first have been read no doubt by… our parents… Either way, I’ll keep our companions identities concealed for now thank you. But, I suppose I got off track. I saved what was to torn or tattered for myself and I’ve begun threading the linens once again. If I can acquire a few shades of red like I did last month I’ll have a new dress shortly. I’m quite excited about that. I suppose I’ll end it here. This was the high point of my day; the rest would probably bore you. I’ll send you another letter tomorrow Evelyn… though, I doubt they’ll come in one by one, if… at all.

Eveline~

 

Watching as more and more notes were put in front of her, the days growing in number as she read each of them, Abby eventually stopped reading as she saw Eve simply smiling down at her. “You’ve been writing letters to your sister? W-Why? I don’t understand.” Why was she writing them and not sending them? And even so, was she expecting an infant to know what any of this meant?

Sighing as her motives were thought on so simply, Eve shook her head as she began putting the papers back in her drawer. “I won’t hold it against you for not quite grasping why I do this. These letters… are a way of reminding me, of what I am. Of who, I am.” She whispered.

Furrowing her brow as she thought over the Vampires words, Abby’s eyes slowly widened. It was starting to make sense now. “So… who are you then…?” Grinning as her point was understood, Eve simply chuckled now. This was why she loved the shrunken human, so very much.

“I’m Eveline Elise Ventris, who was once human… I’m Eve, the Vampire… I’m the deceased heir to the Ventris family… I’m the sister, of a lovely little blonde whom I wish to meet again someday. There isn’t just one part of me Abby. These are all my parts. Parts I’ve learned to live with and acknowledge, not bury, and forget. I’m, just me.” Eve smiled. She was who she was. And these letters were a reminder of that, each and every day.

Smiling as the older girls words made her sadness dwindle a bit, Abby nodded. “You’re accepting both sides of yourself through these letters, am I right?” Nodding happily, Eve chuckled once more as she set another paper down before her.

“Indeed. But, I do plan on sending these home one day, all five hundred plus. Though, it will be in the thousands by then… and it will be when my sisters of age to truly grasp the weight they hold. I want her to know, that I’m still alive… and that I’m still thinking of her… and, of you.”

Furrowing her brow now, Abby was about to ask what she meant before the Vampiress pointed down at the document in front of them now. Looking the paper over again, Abby’s eyes soon widened as she read what it contained.

 

“Day 539 – I met someone today. She’s sleeping next to me right now actually. Her name is Abby. While I can’t say what to make of her, I believe, that she might be quiet a special person. She’s been living here with us for a couple of days now, tending to Najia after her unfortunate accident. Truly remarkable if you ask me… especially considering, that she’s a human. She’s the first I’ve ever come across whose openly shown acceptance for us. Though I can see she doesn’t quite trust us, a feeling that is mutual amongst some, I can say that I at least trust her. She has a look in her eyes, one that reminds me of how Najia looks at us. I’m eager to meet her when she wakes up. I’ll try to…

Frowning as the letter abruptly stopped, Eveline simply chuckled as the brunette looked up at the Vampire confused. “You brought me out of my musings when we first met Abby. I was writing this note the time we talked with one another a few days prior.” She smirked.

Watching as a new piece of paper was set before her, Abby’s eyes beaded as she wondered whether or not to read this one. It seemed almost like her eyes weren’t meant for this. These were Eve’s thoughts. Gulping as she continued to hear the gentle giggling from above, the smaller girls curiosity eventually beat out her hesitance as her eyes traveled down once again.

 

“Day 543 – it's official Evelyn… I’m in love.”

Stiffening as the first line hit her hard, Abby shivered from the impactful word before continuing. If this is how the letter started how did it finish?!

“I’ve kept watch on Abby through my familiars. She’s breathtaking! After our last encounter, I learned what I wanted. I saw why I took such an interest in her first hand. And, I think I‘ve found my mate. Don’t act so shocked, us Hominal don’t differentiate mates by gender like you humans do~. She’s beautiful, warm, and she’s unlike any human I’ve ever seen, even Caitriona, (Bless her). I’m going to be following her from here on out. And when the time is right, I’m going to tell her how I feel. Wish me luck! Najia’s been teasing me so long to find a mate. I wonder if she’ll be surprised when she wakes up and sees… that I might have one. Let’s hope my next few letters don’t contain heartbreak. I plan on telling her tonight~. I’ll make this night perfect for her. Just as perfect… as she is to me.”

Eveline~

 

Cupping her chest gently, Abby’s eyes continued to bead as she felt her heart rate rising, and her cheeks growing redder and redder. ‘E-Eve…’ As the letter was taken away from her, the Vampiress collected all her papers together neatly before setting them back in her drawer and closing it gently.

“I thought you’d like to know. I’ve been in a state of happiness for some time since I met you, Abby. One that I’ve never felt before. I guess some could claim it to be a crush. But I’m no small child… body aside, who’s fallen for a cute person who winked at me or flirted feigningly. No… I’ve fallen in love, with someone who’s shown me that their heart is pure and loving. Someone who can see past the disgusting filth you humans believe our kind to be… what, I used to believe us to be.” Eve whispered weakly.

She truly was a special case. Someone who was unlike any other of her kind they had met so far. Feeling a pair of hands wrap around her frame, Abby was silent as she was lifted into the air, her words seemingly gone from her vocabulary as she let the letter she had read sink in further. ‘Eve…’

Getting back up from her desk now, Eve’s smile never faltered as she felt her cheeks dusting red as well. She had never planned on showing Abby those love notes… but, she was glad she did. Sitting back down on her bed gently, the blonde leaned against her bedframe as she simply cradled the smaller human into her.

“I stand by what I said Abby. I tried to make this night as special as I could for you. But, in the end, I fell short. And somehow, we still ended up here…” She chuckled sadly before closing her eyes. “I wanted you to feel the same way I felt so bad. I still do. But, I know that you don’t understand what you feel… even now. But, I’ll still make an effort to help you try.” Eve smiled.

Watching as she was lifted up towards the Vampires mouth once more, Abby didn’t freeze this time as she felt the older girls lips press into her face. Taking in the scent of the blonde, the brunette continued to shiver until their kiss was at its end. Eve was right… she didn’t know what she was feeling. She was completely, and utterly confused.

“Fufufu~, I’ll ease your mind, my mate. What you’re feeling now, is truly what you want to feel. Acceptance, gratification, desire, all things going through your mind that you’ve come to know. These are without a doubt, all coming from you, and you alone. Take our kiss, it felt good, right? Then, that must mean, that you like this. Or, at least a part of you does.” Eve continued her ever-present giggling lacing each and every one of her statements.

Frowning as she listened to the Vampires words, the smaller girl had to eventually shake her head. That wasn’t true. “I… These, feelings… they’re not mine though. After we met, you did something to me. You made me like these kinds of things. How could you possibly know that what I’m feeling is real or isn’t?” Abby whispered an almost pleading tone in her voice as she tried to figure it out herself.

Smirking as she heard the humans defense to her statement, Eve simply shook her head, her smile never faltering as she took pleasure in what she was about to say next. “My, my little amore~, you say I gave you these feelings. Yet, you fail to realize… that they’re no longer in effect. Everything you feel right now, these are all your own~.” She whispered before blowing into the brunettes face, her fruity breath acting almost like an aphrodisiac to the smaller girl as she began to shudder.

‘W-What…?’ That, that wasn’t possible. She still felt an attraction to Eve right now. She knew this wasn’t normal. She had to still be under the influence of the Vampiress. Otherwise… what would mean… “It means... that you’ve been enjoying my company all this time, because, you simply, like it~.” Eve finished the shrunken girl’s thoughts for her before her giggling came back ten-fold.

Staring up at the older woman in shock, Abby slowly shook her head, but the Hominal would have none of that. Lifting Abby up towards her face once more, Eve’s lips enveloped her as she shared another kiss with the smaller girl currently held captive in her grasp.

Feeling a tingle travel down her spine as her face heated up, Abby’s eyes grew hazy. She felt, strange whenever they did this. There was just no way these were her own feelings. She hated Monsters… she wasn’t into girls…She s-shouldn't like... she, she… She did like it…

Smiling softly as she broke the kiss, Eve’s eyes opened back up as her scarlet irises peered down at the blushing teenager. She finally figured it out. “Yes, you do. And these feelings are not created by me, Abby. I will admit that I gave you a push, in the right direction after we first met. But as so it was with my familiars, it is with me. Their allure wore off after they got what they wanted. And mine wore off after I got what I wanted. Scarlet dressed, a dinner full of romance~. Yes, I most certainly got what I wanted tonight. And, I have a feeling I’m about to get even more, fufufu~.”

Shivering as the Vampires words pierced her once more, Abby’s eyes beaded as she felt the weight of it all finally sinking in. ‘I… I like it… I like her…’ Did, did that make her bad? Did that mean she liked Casey to after what they did? Or Brook, or, or Poppy?! What did any of it mean?! What was she supposed to think, no, what was she supposed to feel! She didn’t understand!

“Abby…”

Blinking as her thoughts screamed at her for answers, the brunette looked upward as she stared back into the blondes crimson eyes. “Just because you like these feelings… doesn’t mean you’re abnormal, quite the opposite really. It means, that you’re more evolved them most. You’re coming to terms with yourself. When a person is able to do this, then they can truly discover what makes them special, and you won’t have to rely on anyone else to tell you anymore. You are, unique, and in my eyes... perfection. So please, never think that you’re bad, or gross, or weird… none of that now. You’re simply, Abby. My, Abby.” Eve purred, her fingers gently moving down the brunettes back as she stroked her comfortingly.

This feeling… if it really was hers… then, that meant, she liked it. Shivering in the hands of the larger girl, Abby closed her eyes as she felt the comforting petting she was receiving. It should have been demeaning or terrifying even. Yet, she felt neither… only comfort and, warmth.

“W-Why do I like it…? I’ve never liked anyone before. It, it feels, weird…” Abby whispered, her tone hushed as a hint of shame entered her voice. She admitted it. Frowning as she cradled her little amore, Eve simply shook her head.

“I can’t answer that for you. I saw what I saw when we first met. And after I formed our bond, I soon saw more. Us, kissing. Us, mating… It interested me. And it made me desire you more. You’re, almost like a forbidden fruit to me Abby. A human, a race I grew to hate, siding with our own kind… and showing compassion where none ever was. You’re an enigma. But, I am sound on my feelings for you. That’s why I tell you this now… and, why I told you before as well. You are, mine.” Eve whispered her tone succinct, and full of confidence. It was the polar opposite of the younger girls.

Looking up at Eve weakly, Abby was quiet as they both shared glances. She liked it. She really liked it… when Eve said she was hers. It made her feel, wanted. ‘I guess… that’s why I like it…’ She liked the acceptance. A feeling of belonging… She hadn’t felt it before. Not after losing her family.

Smiling sadly down at the shrunken girl, Eve continued to pet Abby as she felt the emotions of the poor girl swirling around her. They were practically malleable at this point. But, she would do whatever it took, to ease her heart. She was her love, after all.

“Abby… I say this with certainty. You are, my mate. This is not a title a Hominal gives another unless they are sure. To us, and to Beastial’s, a mate is sacred. We only ever mate once and once that bond is formed there can never be another. They’re worth fighting for. They’re worth dying for. And of course, it is the pleasure, and the duty of every mate to make sure that they would do anything and everything for them. All to make sure they knew that they were loved... just like I’m showing my love for you now.” Eve smiled.

Looking up at Eve in shock, Abby felt her jaw trembling now as she heard the words spoken, with pure and utter conviction. “Y-You… you only mate, once?” Smiling brightly, Eve simply nodded. “Yes… The mate of a Hominal and to a lesser extent, a Beastial is special. Once we find our mate, we share our love, and thus a bond like no other is formed, a bond that cannot be broken, not even if the other should parish leaving one alone. This is the bond of two mates. This is why it is so important for our kind to find ours. Once we’re sure, we are, sure. And you, are, my mate.” Eve finished her tone hinting no mirth as she tried to relay the importance of her statement.

Frowning as the bizarre custom was explained to her, Abby had to shake her head. “I-If that’s true, then why do you want me to mate with the other girls here? I-I’ve… I’ve already done it with Casey… and with Brook and Poppy… and… and even Nya. If that’s the case why would you want me to mate with everyone else? I don’t understand…”

Souring as her words were twisted, Eve snarled quietly before closing her eyes. “Abby… don’t be naive.” She snapped causing the smaller girl to flinch from her tone. It felt hostile now. “Sex… is not mating you fool… When Hominal mate their very souls are exchanged between them and their significant other. It’s nothing like what you humans do. Marriage? Dating? That’s a childish game in comparison to such a thing as a mate.” Eve growled.

Opening her eyes back up as she huffed, the Vampires face soon softened as she saw the look of fear over her dates features. She hadn’t meant to go that far… “Forgive me… I shouldn’t have raised my tone with you… But saying that mating is the same as us simply sharing essence is ridiculous! We only mate once, and with only one. No Hominal would ever do it half hazardously.” Eve whispered.

Mating was a very serious thing for their kind. Najia had been more than sure to explain it all to her in length. The last thing she wanted to do was accidentally get stuck with a total stranger if she ever took a fancy to them. No, she had to be sure. And, she was…

Smiling down at Abby once more, Eve moved her free hand up to her blonde locks before tucking her hair behind her ears. “Once we mate, that bond we formed before will seem like an insult. We’ll form an even better one that will fill you with joy and a pleasure the likes of which you've never experienced before every time we see one another. This is what a mate is. This is what I see you as. My, mate~.” Eve whispered, her voice growing husky as her eyes began to glow a faint scarlet hue.

As she was lifted back towards the Vampire’s lips once again, Abby’s mind was awash with thoughts and concerns. This… this sounded serious. Like a commitment till the end. No, that’s exactly what it was. A death do they part commitment. A commitment, of love… A decision like this… it was too much… She couldn’t do it…

Lowering her eyes as she was pressed forward, the smaller girl grit her teeth sadly before raising her hands and stopping Eve from kissing her again. Feeling the denial of her actions, the Vampiress pulled away in confusion before scowling as she saw the concerned look she was being given.

“What is it my amore?” Biting her bottom lip worriedly, Abby slowly began to shake her head. This… was wrong. “Eve, I… I-I can’t be your mate.” Feeling the words suddenly stab her like a stake, the Vampire’s eyes widened in surprise.

“What…?” Looking up in sadness as she saw the hurt look she was being given in return, Abby shook her head again. “I… I just, can’t.” As silence entered the Hominal’s chambers, the eerie tone disturbed them both. Narrowing her eyes mutely, Eve eventually broke the nonexistence of noise, as she let out a deep and airy sigh.

“Is… is it the ragdoll…?” Blinking in surprise, Abby quickly shook her head. That wasn’t what she expected to hear. Well, not the first thing at least. “N-N-No… this has nothing to do with Casey. I, I think… I can’t be your mate Eve… or, anyone else’s for that matter. I’m just… I’m just not ready for something like that…” She whispered. This might very well be one of the hardest decisions to make in her life.

Staring back down at Abby, Eve was silent once more as she felt the worry her little amore was feeling. It was powerful. Fear, how sad… Looking back up at the Vampire in remorse, Abby licked her lips before continuing.

“A mate… it sounds like a truly wonderful thing. I-I remember Brook saying how she longed for one her whole life… even though she’s just a child. I think I understand why now. But, I just can’t make a decision like this on the spot! I-I’m sorry Eve… I just, can’t.” Abby whimpered. It was far too soon to ever decide something like this. She couldn’t even begin to sort out her thoughts let alone make a choice like this with certainty. Like she had said… a Hominal only mated once.

Watching the smaller girl for a moment, Eve’s eyes softened before she rested her head against the rocks behind her. “What a shame… I guess… this wasn’t the path for you to be my mate tonight like I had hoped. Truly, regretful…” She whispered sorrow evident in her tone as she closed her eyes and sighed. She had been so sure after seeing how the events fell together… oh, how fate was a fickle thing.

“Perhaps, it was cruel of me. Wanting you to make a decision that would affect your very livelihood… all because I saw it in my head. Fufufu… truly selfish indeed.” Eve mumbled to herself. She had plenty of time to meditate on this matter. She knew that Abby was her mate with certainty. But, the brunette couldn’t say the same. She had only learned of her feelings for her a few days ago... And she had only learned of what mating truly was… tonight. No, she wasn’t ready. And it would be wrong of her to think otherwise.

Smiling as she tried to hold back the despair she felt, the Vampiress simply chuckled confusing her smaller companion thoroughly. “Forgive me, Abby. I must seem self-centered… after asking you to be my mate out of the blue like I did. Forgive me…” She whispered.

Blinking as the tone changed entirely, Abby quickly shook her head. “N-N-No, don’t apologize! T-That, I mean… it’s not your fault Eve… I’m…” “Not prepared for what mating truly is. I get it Abby.” Eve smiled. She was inside her head after all. If anyone understood the smaller girls feelings perfectly, it was her.

Petting the brunette comfortingly once more, the Vampire hummed contently as she sat on her bed in pain. Her heart, what a cruel bitch it was at times. Feeling it beating a bit painfully, something that hadn’t occurred in over a years’ time, the blonde had to smile once again.

“I suppose if you’re not ready… then it can’t be helped. This just means… that I’ll have to prepare you first, fufufu~.” Blinking as she was lifted upward once again, Abby’s eyes widened as she was moved towards Eve’s lips once more.

Letting out a muffled cry as she was kissed, the Human could only gawk as she felt the older girls tongue brush against her face. Shuddering from the warmth she felt from their intimate act, Eve kept up their kiss for a few more seconds before pulling away, her fangs peeking out from between her lips as she smiled back at her.

“E-E-Eve?!” Grinning as she felt the confusion of the shrunken girl, the Vampire couldn’t stifle her giggle as she moved her free hand up to the shoulder of her dress. “Yes, my amore?” Watching in disbelief as the larger girl began tugging down her clothes, Abby’s whole face began to light up red as she watched the dress she wore follow suit and slip downward from her petite frame.

“E-Eve, I-I-I’m not ready! I-I told you that-“ Crying out as the giantess’s thumb moved over her lips, Eve moved a finger up to her lips before shushing her. “No more words~. I’m well aware you’re not ready to mate with me. I accept that. But… if we can’t mate… then I still want to taste your essence. I’ve been patient Abby, very, patient. And I’m not known for my patience I assure you. Tonight, I’m getting a taste, one way…” She trailed off before flicking the other side of her dress down, her chest now fully exposed to the smaller girl.

“Or another~, fufufu~.” Whimpering as she felt her body heating up on its own, Abby closed her eyes as she tried to calm down. She could feel it again, the heat between her legs. This… this wasn’t Eve’s doing. Well, not deliberately. She was at fault… and she knew that now. She really did… like this after all.

Though, it did feel less painful now. It was more, of an unpleasant itch more than anything. But, it seemed Eve planned on scratching it for her. Rubbing her body against her bedsheets as she wiggled out of the garment she had been wearing, the Vampire had to smile as she felt the lust radiating inside her shrunken date.

It was pleasing in every way knowing she was being turned on seeing her like she was now. Even if she would never admit it… she hated her body. It was that of a child’s and didn’t reflect her true self. No one but absolute perverts would ever bat an eye her way. Yet, her words, and her charm… had been enough to entice the smaller girl she now found herself with. Oh, she would be her mate indeed. But, for now, she’d settle with just a taste. And she’d make sure Abby got one too.

Lying back into her bed as she dangled the garment on the end of her foot, Eve’s melodious voice echoed out as she giggled quietly. “Now, now Abby… don’t be a prude~. Open your eyes, for, me?” Hearing the quiet plea below her as she felt her body shifting around, the brunette bit her lip before cracking her eyes open. Though, she soon wished she hadn’t.

Smiling up at the smaller girl salaciously, Eve’s form was now bare as her freehand traveled over the crevice of her lips, her finger tracing up and down her fangs as she drank in the embarrassment she felt from her date. “Cute… so, very… cute~.”

Shivering involuntarily, Abby’s mind wandered as she gazed up and down the blonde. Her skin, it was flawless. There ware no marks, no blemishes. It was pristine skin with a sheen finer then porcelain. She looked, almost like an angel with how pale her skin was. It was almost as if she were glowing when compared to the dusty walls of the rocky chambers around them.

Grinning as she took in the pleasant thoughts drifting her way, Eve’s freehand eventually moved up to join her other one as she hung Abby over her face in happiness. “I’m glad you approve. Now, it’s my turn~.” Blushing even more if that were possible to believe, Abby’s whole body lit up now as she felt the dress she was wearing being undone from the back, the Vampire’s delicate fingers knowing precisely where to touch to loosen her clothing. But, why wouldn’t she know… she made it for her after all.

Closing her eyes once more as she felt a brief pang of shame as her body was released, a quiet tsking below her caused the teen to peer down once more. Frowning up at her date as she tried to hide herself and miserably at that, Eve simply shook her head.

“Abby, don’t be embarrassed around me. Could seeing you naked possibly be any worse than say… being eaten out by a plethora of different girls? Or how about being used as some type of toy inside them? Licked clean, over and over again? Perhaps even having to be watched whenever you relieve yourself so you don’t fall into a stream…” Eve mumbled, her words having the precise effect she wanted as she saw the smaller girl paling from her statements.

“Trust me when I say, that seeing you bare, is nothing to be ashamed of my dear, sweet, Abby. Your innocence is cute, but remember… I’ve already seen it all before.” She grinned.  Looking away timidly, Abby’s felt the warm air around her as it gently blew over her bare skin.

Eve’s chambers were unnaturally warm for some reason. It felt, kind of nice honestly. None of the other times she had been naked did she find warmth from the rooms she was in. But, why was that even something she was thinking about? Gazing back down at Eve as she was continuously dangled above the nude giantess, the brunette had to wonder…

“D-Do you really not care… care that, I like this…?” Feeling her lips twitch as she tried not to smirk, Eve slowly rolled over on her bedsheets before setting Abby down gently on her pillow. “My amore… I don’t know any other ways to say what I’ve already said. Inside these caverns, lies the filth of the world. We Monsters shouldn’t be able to judge anyone but you Humans always can. So what could we possibly judge you for? A Human, that’s so perfect we can’t even begin to grasp it ourselves?” Eve chuckled. Why couldn’t she understand it? They would never think anything wrong with her!

“Abby… this is nothing different then what we've always done. Just because you’re new to it, doesn’t mean its wrong. It just means that you’re unaccustomed to our ways. To us, this is simple. This is nature. Shame has no place amongst our kind. But, asking you not to feel it would be redundant. Only you can choose not to. So, when you’re ready, simply, say it~.” Eve whispered, her lips hanging right above the brunettes face as her eyes peered down into the younger girls teal ones.

Gulping apprehensively, Abby looked away sheepishly before she slowly nodded her head. “Okay…” Smiling quietly, Eve nodded before moving two of her fingers underneath the teenager's right leg and propping it upward.

Wondering what Eve was doing, Abby was about to ask before she felt her voice hitch in her mouth. Shuddering as a pair of warm, and supple lips pressed against her sensitive toes, the smaller girl could only shiver as she felt a pleasant feeling unlike any she had felt yet travel up her spine.

“E-Eve…?” ‘Fufufu~.’ Blinking slowly as she heard the older girls voice in her mind now, Abby could only watch as she saw the Vampire moving in slow motion, as her lips continued to gently lay tender kisses over her foot, her lips unmoving as her words slowly began echoing in her head.

‘Be silent my mate to be~. There’s a difference is simply taking essence, and showing the one you love how appreciative you are for them offering it~. I won't be like any of the others you’ve had to cater to before. This time, I’ll be the one to pleasure you~.’

Hearing the blonde perfectly in her mind as she saw her moving independently on her own now, Abby was rendered speechless. This was the first time the Vampiress had ever spoken to her directly like this while she was in the same room with her. To say it was strange was a definite understatement.

Cracking an eye open as she smiled, Eve’s giggles echoed in her mind once more as the Vampire began moving upwards slowly. Deliberately slowly in fact. This almost felt, painful. Watching as she tried to figure out why Abby soon had to whine as she felt the pain of the older girls fangs digging into her flesh.

“E-E-Eve, t-that hurts… E-Eve…?” Frowning as she continued to do what she wanted, the voice from before returned, though, it was a lot less playful now. ‘Pleasure is a fickle thing my amore. It can be deliberate, and blunt. Or hidden, and passionate. Does this really hurt you? Or will you wait and see for your self what happens… when I, do, this~.’

Gasping as Eve’s pointed teeth dug painfully into her lower thigh, Abby wanted to wail but, instead… something else came out. “Ehhh…” Looking down in disbelief as she moaned, the smaller girl was speechless now as she felt a familiar feeling entering her body.

Wincing every time Eve dug her fang into her, the pain was brief but what followed wasn’t. It felt, almost like a pulse of warmth traveling through her every time she felt the pinch. What, was it? ‘Fufufu~.’ Looking back up at Eve for answers, the Vampire couldn’t control herself now as a wide grin spread across her face.

‘We can sit here, and pretend to be normal people if you’d like Abby. But the truth of the matter is, we’re not, neither of us. Much like I said towards dining, there's a fine line, between pleasure, and pain. It may hurt, but I promise you’ll not be harmed. And in the end, if you wanted me to stop, then why have I already made it to your navel?’

Wincing as she felt a painful poke move again in her stomach now, Abby was utterly speechless as she felt the older girls breath bathing her bare flesh like heat from a humid day. But, her breath was once again like a wonderful gust of fragrant air rolling over her leaving her body shivering where she lay.

Wondering what was even happening at this point, Abby could only watch as she felt another poke once again, this time a little past her abdomen. She was working her way up her body. Each pierce of her fang, like a puncture that caused her nerves to wince before vibrating with happiness.

‘A-Am I a masochist now or something…?’ Why was she enjoying this? Why was her body enjoying it? Hearing more laughter inside her mind, Abby wanted to figure her feelings out but she was stopped abruptly as Eve’s fang eventually found its way to her chest.

Moving over the brunette's breasts, the Vampire paused now before gently lowering her tooth, her pointed fang barely residing over the smaller girls areloas before she gave it a swift, yet subtle flick with just the tip. Inhaling sharply from the sudden spike of pleasure she felt, Abby looked up at Eve expectantly as she waited for the incoming poke… but, it never came.

Frowning as Eve completely ignored her right breast, the Vampire didn’t respond to her silent inquiries as she continued once more where she had left off. Pressing her fang into the brunette’s neck, the all too familiar sting followed once again as she gently rotated her canine to the side of her nape.

Lingering there longer than any of the other places she had done this to, Eve’s eyes shined a faint red as her tongue slowly began to creep from between her parted lips. ‘I see your veins, Abby. They shine brightly to me like a beacon just waiting… calling… for me… to take… a… bite…’ Wincing as Eve flicked the side of her cheek with her tongue, the smaller girl slowly began to pant as she felt the painful stinging lasting much longer now than before.

But, just like all the rest, once her fang retreated, the pleasant feeling came back, but now it felt even greater. Panting happily as she cupped her now wet cheek, Abby’s face contorted into a look of dismay. She couldn’t figure out anymore if she really liked this or not. But, it didn’t look like Eve planned on stopping.

Trailing her fang up the length of her neck, the blonde paused briefly on her cheek before simply puckering her lips, and kissing her instead. Sighing inward from the warm and gentle action, Abby was all too relieved to receive it. Giving the larger girl a kiss in return, she got the feeling the Hominal could feel it this time as her tongue began to creep out again.

Licking the teen's lips for acceptance, Eve quietly growled as her eyes continued to shine. ‘I’ll make sure my scent laces you my amore. Your lungs will be flooded with me at all times. And I promise you… that you, will, love it!’ Hearing the feral tone the regal girl was talking to her in now, Abby was simply speechless. Was this actually Eve?!

Crying out in pain as her cheek was nibbled on, the larger girl chuckled out loud this time from her little surprise. Licking the bite mark she had left, Eve’s eyes continued to watch her little date as she saw the briefest hint of tears in the corners of her eyes.

‘All you need say is stop, and this will cease. Or, perhaps there's another word in your mind that you want to say. So go ahead, say it…’ Shivering weakly as Eve’s tongue moved across her lips and down to the other cheek now, Abby was utterly entranced as she felt the larger girl shifting her attention to the other side of her body now.

Crying out as her cheek was bit again, this time on the left side, Eve’s eyes never left Abby’s as she waited. ‘Say it… and this will end. Say, it… and this will all be over.’ Feeling a fang dig into her neck once more, the teenager could only moan. Why though… why?

Her arms weren’t restrained. Her legs weren’t bound. She just felt… heavy. Like there was an invisible weight placed over her now. But this was all in her head. She could stop this at any time like Eve said. She just had to say… stop…

Pausing as her fang rested on the brunette’s stomach once again, Eve peered down at Abby as her eyes cracked open. Waiting for but a moment, the Vampire closed her eyes once more before continuing where she left off.

Digging her fang into the smaller girls tender flesh, the Vampiress made sure to give just as much treatment as before to this side, as she let her every loving pinch, mend right after she delivered it, her saliva working as intended as it healed each and every one of her bites.

‘Go on, say it, or say stop. One of the two. I’m, wait-ing~.’ Hearing more laughter in her mind, Abby slowly began moving her hand up towards her lips before biting down on her knuckles. What was she to do? This almost felt like a mind game they were playing. What was the point of it all?!

Coming down to Abby’s left leg now as she finished her rotation after what must have felt like an eternity to the smaller girl, Eve punctuated her point as she gave the smaller girl one final bite, her teeth scraping against her toes as she tickled the underside of her soles.

‘Nothing yet? Come on… say it!’ Kissing up to the length of Abby’s legs, Eve growled gutturally as she layered each of her kisses with more, little bites. Wincing as every one of the Vampires loving kisses was followed by both a sting of pain and a pulse of pleasure, the teenager soon couldn’t take it anymore.

But, it would seem Eve could sense that. Resting right on the younger girls crotch, Eve licked her lips before moving her hands to each side of the smaller girls legs, and prying them apart… not that they gave up much of a fight if any at all.

‘You want this… you need… this… so say it. Or else…’ Staring up at Eve as she continued to chew on her fist, Abby was mute as she tried to find the meaning behind her words. Staring long and hard down at Abby, the Vampiress eventually got tired as she let out a long and exhausted sigh, her breath tickling the naked girl as her fruity fragrance washed over her once more.

‘If you don’t say it, then we’ll bask in purgatory together~.’ Crying out as her eyes widened, Abby grit her teeth hard as she felt her naked quim suddenly blown upon, Eve’s breath tickling her in a painfully pleasant way much like her love bites had. ‘Well?’

 

“AHHH!” “AHHHH!” “AHHHHH!”

 

Feeling tears streaming down her cheeks at this point, Abby felt her will to say anything broken now as her aching quim cried out to be touched. But, the blonde hadn’t so much as laid a finger on her yet! What was she doing!

Blowing against her little dates crotch once more, Eve hummed quietly as she heard yet another wail from her smaller companion. ‘All you need is say the word, Abby… and this will all be over. Let go of it… let go of your pride. And, say, it…’

Shuddering weakly were she lay, sweat-caked the naked teen's body as she panted into her knuckle. ‘S-S-Say it…?’ why did she keep telling her to say it, say what?! What did she want her to say! As she looked up into the Vampires eyes, however, it slowly began to dawn on her.

This whole time… there had been one thing she hadn’t said. Feeling her lips slowly beginning to twitch into a smile, Eve’s eyes glowed brighter as she saw understanding pass over the brunette. ‘Go on… and… say it…’ Giving the human one final blow as she let her breath bath her for a final time, Abby’s lips shakily began to part.

‘Say… it… you want me, t-to say it…’ Closing her eyes as she panted, Abby’s jaw trembled before finally drawing in enough breath, to utter a single sentence. “P-P-Please Eve… p-pleasure me…” She whimpered. Grinning savagely as her eyes took on their full scarlet visage, Eve snarled before latching her lips against the teenager's waist before a loud scream echoed from between her lips.

Crying out as her abused quim was finally touched, Abby’s eyes rolled back as the Vampires tongue began diving into her. Feeling the pink organ writhing into her sensitive folds, the smaller girl could only flail where she lay as Eve took care of her.

Drinking fervently as her teasing all but ensured that her future mate would be dripping with anticipation, Eve’s tongue rolled around the smaller girls neither lips as she lapped greedily at their nectar. It tasted better than blood. It was fresh essence, it tasted so pure! She had been waiting so long for this... oh, so long...

Pulling away in a hurry as she gasped for air, Eve’s eyes glowed brightly as she panted with glee. “That’s what I wanted to hear! Be honest with me from now on Abby. And tell me what you want!” She hissed before her lips fell forward once more.

Moaning obscenely as she was pleasured, Abby nodded weakly as her hips bucked into the blonde. All this time, that’s what she wanted. She wanted her to be honest with her feelings… even if it meant begging for release in the end. It was embarrassing…

But, why was it embarrassing… if they both liked it. “YES!” Jumping in surprise as Eve hissed once more, the Vampire pulled away as she licked her lips. “It's not my amore. It's not. You’ll never be shamed by us. By, me. So always tell me what you want. And you’ll feel the pleasures of our world, fall right into your lap.” She chuckled.

Watching as Eve leaned back down once again, the Vampire took her time now that she had been sated briefly as her tongue lulled from between her fangs. Giving the smaller girl a few subtle licks, she wore a look of triumph over her features. She had won. Or, was this never really a contest, to begin with? A game…

No… she just wanted her to enjoy herself. Smiling back at the brunette, Eve's fingers moved up to the younger girls chest before she gently began rotating her digits, an action that caused the smaller girl to whimper in the end.

“Honesty is never a game my Abby. But, I’d say we both won in the end. I got what I wanted… and now, you're about to too~.” She cooed sweetly before pressing her lips against the brunettes quim once more. Shuddering happily, Abby’s eyes grew hazy as she nodded. She had a point… or more, she had made one.

This wasn’t some type of game. This was just… love. Blinking in surprise as a finger was soon pressed against her mouth, Abby wondered for but a moment what Eve wanted but didn’t need to think about it long as it pushed against her lips.

Opening her mouth as she gently bit the Vampire back, a quiet chuckle was all she heard before feeling her pleasure rising higher. ‘Prepare for a feeling unlike any other you’ve ever felt my love~.’ Nodding weakly as she laid prone, the little human soon felt her limit at its end. Something was coming, something big.

Flicking her tongue against the brunette's clit as she saw it brightly showing itself to her, Eve couldn’t contain her joy as her eyes peered into her lover, she could see it all. She knew just the right place to bite, to make this feeling, unrivaled.

Watching as the human’s blood all but boiled as it reached its apex, Eve’s eyes lip up as her fang pierced the smaller girl entirely, a loud scream soon following as Abby’s wails rang out in her ears. Screaming in pain as something broke inside her, the pain she felt as intense for but a moment before she felt the strongest orgasm of her life traveling through her entire body.

Convulsing on the pillow where she lay, Abby’s eyes rolled backward's once more before her body fell still. Twitching involuntarily, Abby’s mouth hung agape as she gasped for air, her mind and body no longer working in tandem as she felt her whole physical form, completely thrown off. What the hell was that?!

“Fufufu~, proof, of my superiority~.” Lowering her eyes slowly, the action almost impossible to do as she felt paralyzed by the pleasure she had felt, Abby looked upward as Eve’s tongue danced over her fang, both her essence… and her blood, coating the white tooth as she took her time sampling it.

Purring in satisfaction, Eve grinned as she claimed Abby in a way no one else could. She took, her virginity. And it tasted wonderful. Looking back down at Abby lovingly, Eve sighed in contentment the wonderful taste of her amore graced her mouth, stomach, and body as a whole. She was, delicious.

“Congratulations Abby… you’re now, one of us~.” Raising her head weakly, the teenager soon found, she couldn’t. Her body just felt too heavy. Feeling a pair of hands wrap around her limp form, Eve was on top of her in an instant as she cradled the human in her arms.

“Shhhh, just relax and take a moment to enjoy it. Enjoy, the shameless act we shared. Enjoy, the acceptance you feel. You really are, one of us now.” Eve purred once more before moving her lips downward. Feeling a kiss planted on her forehead, a feeling of warmth traveled over the brunette as she smiled.

‘One… of them…’ Maybe… she could get used to this after all. That had been, wonderful. And she was right. She felt no more shame for her actions. Only, complete, and utter, contentment. She really was… one of them now to…

 

To be continued.

End Notes:

 

Well I hope you liked it! I had to have F.W help with smooth a few rough edges out as he put it but I love how it came out! :3

I hope you all did to~!

Please review and rejoice, I'll have the next chapter up ASAP!

 

See you all later! ;)

The Hardest Goodbyes, by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

Hiya all :D

Back with a new chapter here!

Sorry for the delay, Things are a bit hectic after coming back home xD

Hopefully you all like the chapter. Had F.W help once more with this one so you'll see some of his usual touches here and there no doubt.

Enjoy and review please :D

 

 

'FireÂ… so, much, fireÂ… EmberÂ’s in my lungsÂ… a burning sensation in my chest. Smog in my eyes. What pain, could compare, to this. But, one did surpass it all. The pain, of losing someone close to youÂ…Â’

Staring down at her motherÂ’s unmoving form, the fire continued to erupt all around Abby as she wept in despair. Gazing through the blaze with evaporated tears, the brunette screamed as she shook her. Why, why wasnÂ’t she moving? Why wasnÂ’t she answering her!

“Mommy! Mommy!” Her screams were all in vain, though. She could no longer hear her. No longer speak to her. No longer hold in her arms, and comfort her. She was just… gone. Clinging to her mother’s lifeless form in agony, Abby stared upward transfixed on the figure before her. Why had it done this to her? Why did it do this to her Mother!

Standing over her now, the fiery creature that tormented her family watched her as the heat grew more intense. Her eyes, red like blood. Her ears pointed upward like the horns of a demon. Her teeth barbed and sharp like jagged pillars of stone.

This hellspawn was staring her down, its eyes glaring at her hatefully. Sniffling as more smoke entered her lungs, AbbyÂ’s could only whimper as she continued to cling to her mother. What nowÂ… what was left? What would happenÂ…WhyÂ… justÂ… whyÂ…?

Growling gutturally, and in a tone not of this earth, the fiery monster before her soon opened its jaws, before its all-encompassing voice rang out once more, like an announcement. A callÂ… of deathÂ…

 

 "AAAARRH-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH!"

 

Cupping her ears in pain as the bloodthirsty war cry sounded, AbbyÂ’s eyes widened in horror as a shadow loomed over her. Looking up in tears, the child was rendered helpless, as she watched it coming closer. Every action it made was like a deafening staccato. Fire, lashing out and cracking in the airÂ… grass, screaming as it shriveled from the heat around itÂ… wood, sizzling as it splintered apart.

Everyone and everythingÂ… was helplessÂ… to this being. It was like a deityÂ… one, of death. And it was upon her. ItÂ’s conical digits soon, reaching for her neck. As it came closerÂ…

 

And closerÂ…

 

AndÂ…

 

Close-

 

 

“Awaken!”

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Gasping for air, AbbyÂ’s eyes widened in an instant as she shot upward. Cupping her chest as her heart beat in rapid succession, the teenager choked on her breath before coughing as she tried to calm herself down. WhatÂ… what was that!

Letting out a scream of fright as something touched her back, the brunette fell forward before looking up in fear, but, it all fell away and the terror she felt was replaced with calming warmth as she saw what it wasÂ… or more, who it was.

Looking down at the sweating girl as she laid naked and afraid on her bed, Eve was sullen as she moved to gently pet the smaller girl once more. She hadn’t meant to frighten her, quite the opposite in fact. “There, there… It’s only me. You were having a bad dream my amore. You’re alright, I assure you.”

Feeling her heart rate going down, Abby slowly nodded before falling back into the bed as she closed her eyes. It happened again. ‘What the hell was that?’ Was it a dream? A memory… A premonition…? Feeling the Vampire’s fingers caressing her face slowly, Abby nuzzled closer before kissing the blonde's fingertips.

“W-Was I screaming…?” Shaking her head softly, Eve was silent for a moment as she recalled what she had seen moments before. It had happened almost in a blur really. “If you did, it wasn’t what woke me up. Or more, broke me from my meditation. I heard you whimpering in your sleep. And you were sweating as if a fever had settled over you. Perhaps waking you was a mistake… but, I couldn’t bear to see you as you were. What did you see that perturbed you? And if so, can I help you in any way?” Eve whispered, her tone full or concern, and, curiosity.

Leaning into Eve’s hand as she felt the warmth of the older girl’s fingers, Abby frowned as she tried to remember it. She couldn’t though. “I don’t know… I guess it was just another nightmare…” Frowning at the mention of *another*, Eve nodded quietly before gently moving her fingers beneath the brunette and cradling her in her palm.

“Well… regardless, it seems you’re now up, as am I. I’d ask how you slept… but, we both know it was unwell…” She muttered regretfully. Yawning tiredly, Abby nodded as she felt herself being lifted upward. She felt a bit weak really. Or more, drained…

What time was it? Looking towards the Vampire for an answer, Eve smiled softly before closing her eyes. “It’s just before dawn. No doubt the sun will rise in an hour or two.” Nodding, Abby relaxed her body as she was gently cupped into the blondes… chest. Blushing faintly, the teenager bit her lip as she saw the Vampiress still bare in all her glory… as was she.

Smirking at the smaller girls thoughts being relayed to her, Eve let out a quiet chuckle before shaking her head. “I had hoped that by us consummating you wouldn’t feel that way anymore. But, I see now that a prude will always be, a prude~.” She teased before leaning down and giving the brunette a small peck on her head.

Smiling softly as they discussed such a thing as casually as they were, Abby shook her head before sighing. “I can’t help it… It’s not like this is something I’m used to yet.” She had only really started to open up to these feelings last night. But what a night it was…

Forgetting this morning’s troubles as she recalled the wonderful night they shared, Abby blushed further as her smile continued to dance across her lips. ‘One of you…’ It was funny how a few simple words could fill her with so much joy. She felt like she had been accepted by them now. Or, at least by Eve. But, that wasn’t true. Plenty of the girls here liked her. And some even loved her.

She really was accepted here… regardless if some of them didn’t like her kind. But… maybe she wasn’t truly accepted as she thought then…  Hearing an airy sigh above her, Abby looked upward before frowning as she saw the sorrowful look the Vampire wore. “Ebon, I’m afraid, will probably never accept you, Abby. This is just a sad realization you’ll have to come to terms with. People like her… are rare and few. Yet we still house a couple of girls here who think the same way. They harbor a hatred not easily forgiven. I should know. I was just like them once, until Najia showed me the error of my ways. But I wouldn’t dwell on that. Instead, I would think about all the lives you’ve changed since coming here instead. Like… mine.”

Smiling quietly as the Vampire smiled down at her, the older girls long and colorful locks were disorderly and askew as she folded some of her bangs behind her ears. It was different to see her like this. She looked like a normal child now almost.

Shifting her smile to a scowl, Eve huffed before looking away. “I’m not a child… I would appreciate you not thinking me one be it in looks or in temper, considering I bed you~. Fufufu~.” Blushing red in an instant, Abby fidgeted before nodding. She kind of had a point…

Cupping the smaller girl into her chest as she laid against her bedframe, Eve smiled quietly as she simply enjoyed their amusing moment. She would treasure this memory for a long time. But most of all, she would enjoy it now in the present. That what it felt like anyway. A gift, just for herÂ…

However, this moment would have to wait as she heard the brunette’s voice ring out once more. “Eve… what did you mean by a couple?” Blinking in confusion, the Vampiress looked back down at her as she saw a hint of worry on the brunettes face. “Ebon doesn’t like me… but, is there someone else here who hates humans as much as her?” Abby whispered, fear evident in her tone.

Growing quiet as her eyes hazed over, Eve wondered whether it was worth mentioning now or not… but, she had brought it up regardless. It was her duty to finish what she started. “There is… another… She holds a deep resentment in her heart for humans just like Ebon does… but, unlike her; she holds all races to that same standard of hatred. Her name… is Enya.”

Feeling a chill run down her spine from the name, Abby shuddered. Watching the troubled look Eve wore, the smaller girl eventually broke their silence. “W-Who is she? And… what, is she…?” Closing her eyes quietly, Eve was silent as she simply shook her head.

“She’s a stray that Najia adopted a couple months back not too far from here… and as for what she is… She IS, a Monster.” Snapping her eyes back open, there was no hint of mirth or animosity in the Vampires eyes, only complete and utter solemnity. Feeling the hair on the back of her neck rise now, Abby lowered her eyes as she saw the dark look the older girl wore.

‘A Monster…’ The blonde was rather vocal about calling their kind that but… the way she said it just now… made it sound like she really thought this girl of it. “I do.” Snapping her eyes back to Eve in surprise, the Vampire scowled down at Abby before shaking her head.

“Enya is the name Najia gave this creature. The reason for this is because when she first tried to talk to her and ask her real name, this… thing, attacked her. She outright tried to kill her…” Eve whispered, her eyes glowing in anger as she thought back on the moment they had all come in contact with her… no, it. Monsters were simply… Monsters.

Feeling her jaw trembling in shock, the teenager was speechless by what she was hearing. “S-She tried, to kill her…?” Nodding darkly, the Vampire glared off distantly as her freehand fiddled with her blonde locks. “Yes. And had it been anyone in our group other than Najia who confronted her… she probably would have. E-Even me…”

Recoiling back now in disbelief, Abby was rendered speechless now. Something in these caves was stronger than Eve?! She had seen the blonde toss around a Dragon with her bare hands! Just what type of a Monster was this girl!

Closing her eyes once more, Eve simply shook her head. “The type you’d best stay away from. As I said, her hatred is unbiased. She despises all things simply because she does. You would do well to remember that. But, currently, this is rather moot. Enya is in a forced state of hibernation right now courtesy of Najia. She shouldn't be waking anytime soon. So rest easy Abby. You’re not in any danger of her.” Eve smiled.

Hearing the Vampires calming words had some effect on the shrunken human, yet, a general sense of uncertainty still lingered. Just the fact of knowing something so dangerous was here in these caverns troubled her. Feeling a finger placed atop her head, the brunette slowly began to smile as she was gingerly pet.

“If you’d like I can make you forget what I just said. It will calm your nerves were my words did not…” Eve mumbled.  Shaking her head quietly, Abby soon sighed as Eve had done prior. “No… it’s better to know what’s down here with me rather than being ignorant of it… e-even if just knowing about it scares the hell out of me…”

Smiling at the wise words of her younger amore, Eve leaned her head down before giving the smaller girl another peck on her forehead. “Indeed. But let’s not dwell on… Enya. Instead, let’s take this time to ourselves. If you’d like… I could give you another lesson on honesty. Why don’t you tell me what you want~, and I’ll see to it that I give you it, and so, much, more~.” Eve purred.

Blushing as the atmosphere of their conversation took a full swing turn, Abby scratched her cheek sheepishly as a small smile crept across her lips. ‘M-Maybe…’ It didn’t sound that unappealing right now really. Hearing a harmonious chuckle above her, Eve nodded before bringing Abby up towards her lips.

“Indeed~.” Leaning her face forward, Abby’s eyes closed happily as she felt the older girl’s breath wash over her again. There was that same fruity hint she smelled the night before, maybe it was natural. All she knew though was she liked it. It was a smell she instantly associated with her. And it made her feel at peace…

Opening her eyes slowly, Abby soon frowned as she thought back to something she had heard. This sounded familiar. “Eve?” Pausing as she leaned down right before giving the smaller girl her kiss, the Vampire scowled from her interrupted actions before staring the teenager down quizzically. “What is it?”

Wondering for a moment how to ask this, the brunette eventually just ended up saying it… even if it sounded weird in general. “Do… do I smell like something to you?” Giving the younger girl a blank look, Eve furrowed her brow. Where the hell did that come from?

“If you mean do you smell bad, I can assure you that you do not my amore.” Eve deadpanned earning a flustered look from the smaller girl. “N-No that’s not what I meant! I mean, do… do I have a scent? Or, something…” Pursing her lips momentarily, Eve twitched her nose before humming.

“Vanilla I believe. Why?” Sputtering in disbelief, Abby could only gawk in surprise. “R-Really…?” Nodding, the Vampire soon pulled away as she saw the disbelieving look the human wore. “Your questions rather specific, did someone bring this to your attention recently?” Nodding quietly, Abby lifted her hand up briefly as she looked it over.

“Poppy said the same thing. But… I don’t smell anything. Does everyone have some kind of a hidden smell or something?” Sighing from the lesson she was now about to teach her diminutive mate instead of the fun they could be having instead, the little Vampire began tucking her locks behind her ears as she nodded her head.

“Indeed. To every creature, a smell is imprinted into them. Some are noticeable straight away while others are harder to pinpoint. Humans, however, can generally not smell it, unlike our kinds which have a naturally higher sense of smell. Yours, for instance, is an easy one. You have a strong aroma of sweetness with a rich fragrance, hence, Vanilla. It’s rare and few but a couple of girls in here have it too. One of which is the aforementioned Monster we just talked about. The other would be Kari.  It’s something usually handed down when a Hominal or Beastial has a biological human parent. This, of course, is random and more natural for you humans to have. The scents are genetic by nature. Mine from what Najia has told me is rain… or more, the scent of it after it has rained. Though I find this to be an odd one and less than appealing…” Eve mumbled.

Thinking it over for a moment, Abby slowly began to nod. “So, everyone has one then?” Nodding once more, Eve lifted up her freehand before counting some off with her fingers. “Brook smells heavily of coconut to me, a foreign smell but appealing none the less. Poppy’s is an earthly one, almost like gravel and stone. It’s much less appealing. The ragdoll begrudgingly smells like sea salt or perhaps sea breeze. I’ve never been around her enough to care to find out. Kari, as I stated, smells like Vanilla to me the same as you albeit a different hint and fragrance of it. And as for my Familiars, they both have a different scent regardless of origin. One smells of lavender and the other of lemon. No two scents are exactly alike but many can be close or the same. It’s another way for our kind to track down each other or warn us if enemies are coming.” Eve finally finished. She wanted to condense this knowledge as much as she could for her shrunken partner to understand. There was a lot more she could have gone into but the gist was there. Plus, she was looking forward to getting back to where they had left off…

Letting the long explanation sink in as she thought it over, Abby soon nodded before a small smile found its way to her lips. “You girls really are amazing…” Chuckling softly, Eve shook her head before lifting Abby back towards her lips. “Something as simple as smelling each other shouldn’t be worth your praise my amore. So let’s set aside these notions for now… and continue where we left off~.” Eve purred.

Blushing once more, Abby slowly nodded as she was brought back towards the Vampires lips once again. It seemed Eve really wanted this. But, then again a part of her kind of did too. It seemed they were going to start their morning off how they ended their nightÂ…

 

“Mistress, Mistress! “

“Mistress, Mistress!”

 

Hearing a snarl above her, Abby opened her eyes back up before feeling her lips twitch into an amused look as she saw the irritation written over EveÂ’s face. She recognized those voices. Cracking an eye open herself as she bared her fangs, the Vampiress growled as she saw both Emma and Ella prancing into the room giddily as they usually did. Though, their timing was always impeccably awful.

“What is it?!” Eve snapped causing both Imps’ to cry in fright as they skid to a halt near her bedframe. Clinging to each other as they whimpered, both the shade Imp and the Twee Imp raised a hand up to their foreheads before saluting her.

“W-We came to inform you as usual Mistress!” “Yeah, yeah! CC is running all around looking for Big Sis! She says she’s going to tear the caves apart one by one!” “Yeah! And KK said she wanted to talk to Sis too! We just thought you’d want to know!”  “We tried to tell you last night but you played with us before we could let you know!”

They whined, their voices both finishing and starting off each otherÂ’s words as they continued to hug one another. Rubbing the bridge of her nose as she fumed loudly, Eve cracked open both her red eyes now as she stared her two familiars down.

“I wasn’t playing with you two you twits. If I am ever… EVER, alone with my Abby… then you are to stay far, far away. Do I make myself clear?” She whispered her tone both gentle yet hostile as she watched the two twins shivering from her words.

 

“Y-Yes mam!”

“Y-Yes mam!”

 

Watching the interaction quietly, Abby couldnÂ’t help but smile through it all. It was hard at first to tell what kind of a relationship Eve shared with the two Imps but it really was that of Master and minions. It was kind of cute, though, somewhat disconcerting.

As the Two imp continued to tremble, whatever fear or trouble they felt was gone within a second as their eyes landed on Abby. “BIG SIS!” “BIG SIS!” Smiling sheepishly, Abby waved down to the two younger girls as they quietly chittered on the floor, a sound she now knew they used whenever they were excited.

“You look cute today Sis!” “Yeah, yeah! Did Mistress mate with you? Are you now really our Big Sis?!” They cried happily. Flushing red, Abby bit her lip in embarrassment as she tried to figure out a way to tell them no. ‘And they look so happy about it to…’ Did being Eve’s mate, excite them that much?

“No, I’m afraid. She is not my mate… Yet.” Eve muttered succinctly. Hearing a whining cry below, Abby looked down at the twins before looking back at the Vampiress but it seemed she already took control of the situation.

Brushing her locks with her free hand as she straightened her morning hair out, the Vampire sighed before snapping her eyes back to the two familiars beneath her. “Both of you knock it off!” Eeping again, both sisters clung to one another before whimpering as they watched the Vampire slowly beginning to crawl out of bed… their eyes clinging to Eve’s nude form as they revered her.

Standing up slowly knowing her earlier activities with Abby were now null and void, the Hominal paced towards her desk confidently as she moved to set the smaller girl she held back down. “I don’t want either of you to say anything in regards towards my future mate and me or our relationship currently. This is between us, not you two.” Eve warned as she let the brunette slid off her fingers.

Landing on the cold desk as she felt the heat leave her form, the teenager shivered from the cold stone room as she watched the events play out. She kind of wanted to see how they acted together more. She had only seen glimpses here and there.

Nodding their heads vigorously, both sisters continued to watch their Mistress as they half listened to what she was saying, their eyes more focused on her bare form as she began to dress. “Furthermore you can stop calling her *big sis*, I don’t even know why you started to be perfectly honest… Call her by her name or what she wishes. And lastly… once again… Stop, calling me, MISTRESS!” Eve snapped as she pulled her panties up.

As she began to put her shirt on, however, a duel toned whine soon brought Eve back to the present. Looking over at the two smaller Hominal as they pouted, a vain soon pulsed over the Vampire’s brow. “DID YOU EVEN HEAR A THING I SAID YOU LICENTIOUS FOOLS?!”

Crying in fear, both ImpÂ’s quickly began shaking their headsÂ… though, that only seemed to make the Vampire angrier. Clenching her hand into a fist, Eve breathed through her teeth as she began counting in her head. She hated them sometimesÂ… she really didÂ…

Hanging her feet over the side of the desk as she saw the blonde changing into her normal attire, or at least the one she usually wore around her, a smile rested over Abby’s lips as she watched the interaction.  “You two really like your Mistress don’t you?” Looking up at Abby now since all the parts they wanted to see of the Vampire were covered already, both Emma and Ella smiled happily before flying up on top of the desk much to Abby’s surprise. She always forgot they had wings…

“Uh huh, uh huh! Why wouldn’t we love our Mistress?” “Yeah, yeah, Mistress is pretty, pretty! And strong too, she’s the best Mistress we’ve always wanted!” Emma cried happily before her red eyes began drinking in Abby’s naked form now.

Licking their lips, both sisters seemingly had the same thing on their mind much to AbbyÂ’s dismay as she saw them practically drooling as they looked at her. Blushing in embarrassment as she remembered she was naked, the brunette covered her chest seemingly snapping the two Hominal out of whatever trance-like state they were in. did they really only think about one thingÂ…?

“Yes… every day, twenty-four hours of the day, for three hundred and sixty-five days of the year since the day they were conceived and showed a pair of teets…” Eve muttered, her tone bitter yet mirthful as she saw her two familiars eyeing her mate. She didn’t plan on sharing Abby with them. She hoped they realized that…

Flicking her wrist, the pair of ImpÂ’s soon cried before falling off the table as Eve moved towards her chair. Pulling the wooden seat aside and now garbed in her formal attire, the Vampiress sat down before letting out a long and tired sigh.

“Why must fate toy with me…? I just wanted to share a few more moments with you…” Eve mumbled before resting her chin on her forearms. Frowning as she heard the sadness in the Vampires tone, Abby quietly stood up before making her way towards her. “Sorry… I guess this is partly my fault too, isn’t it?” If she hadn’t been so curious she and Eve might have been in the middle of something else right now…

Funny, she felt a little regret now herself. Smirking as the emotions were relayed to her via their bond, the older girl shook her head before staring back at Abby. “Nonsense… I’ll never blame you for being you my amore. But, regardless… our morning is over. Since Kari and her Ragdoll are trying to locate you this is a good indication they have news about Najia. I’d suggest you meet back up with them and find out.” She muttered quietly.

Frowning now, the teenager soon rested her hand against Eve’s arm in worry. “Just me? Are you not coming too?” Smiling quietly, Eve simply shook her head. “I’m afraid not this time, my amore. I didn’t meditate long enough before I awoke. I need to go back into my slumber before I’m ready to wake once again. Plus, it’s almost daylight. I get unnaturally fatigued during these hours.” She whispered.

Furrowing her brow as she tried to figure out what the Vampire was saying, the brunette finally pieced together that she was just tired. However, a light flick to the back of her head soon informed her that she had it wrong apparently.

“No Abby… I’m not *just* tired. Have you ever wondered why Vampires are nocturnal creatures?” Shaking her head as she felt another lesson coming on Eve soon smiled. “Vampires are high functioning beings. We can do things many cannot. But like all things, there’s a give and take relation. One of which is our sleep. As much as it pains me to say it, I cannot fall asleep like most other beings can.”

Feeling her eyes widen in shock, Abby was about to ask any number of questions but the blondes pale fingers soon found their way to the smaller girl's face quieting her. “I’m explaining, so please, hold your questions until the end… Vampires are remarkable creatures. This is one of the reason’s we’re so dangerous as well. We can go weeks on end without rest, and be as active as any normal man or woman who could only go a day in turn. Vampires don’t sleep, however, but instead, we go into a type of trance-like state that resets us once we’ve reached our limit. Everyone has one, species aside. This trance is similar to hibernation for beastials in a way. It can be as short as a few hours… or it can be long and drawn out and can take upwards to weeks or potentially months to finish. This, of course, is less than ideal for me. However, Najia knows this and tutored me in a way around that. Instead, I meditate. During this time I enter a very similar state of unconsciousness. The difference, however, is I’m still aware of my surroundings while I’m resting. It’s a much safer alternative, the catch being, however, that I must do it every day, mimicking sleep in return. This is one of the many curses of undeath. But, all things can be circumvented, when you’re taught properly.” Eve finished. Her explanation had been long again. She really needed to work on condensing them a bit more.

Looking up at Eve in amazement, Abby simply shook her head. What else was there to say? ‘That’s… amazing…’ And, horribly sad as well. Never knowing sleep… That did sound like a curse. Hearing a quiet chuckle escaping the Vampire’s lips, Eve soon nodded.

“It can be… but, I choose to not dwell on it since it’s out of my hands. Instead, I just take it in stride and one step at a time. Emma, Ella, come here…” Having almost all but forgotten of the two sisters behind the Vampiress, Abby watched now as the pair of Imp’s fluttered back on top of the desk before standing over Eve quietly.

“You called us Mistress?” “Yeah, yeah, what’s up?”

Pointing to Abby quietly, Eve yawned mutely before nodding. “I want you two to escort our guest back to Kari’s chambers. And I can’t emphasize this part enough… she is not to be played with or touched by you two. Do I make myself clear?” Eve warned, her eyes glowing a piercing red causing both siblings to cling to one another once again.

“Y-Y-Yes mam!”

“Y-Y-Yes mam!”

Nodding, Eve soon turned her crimson gaze down to Abby now before frowning. “Well, as much as I hate us departing I know I can’t leave you in the state you’re in. Give me one moment…” Looking up at Eve quietly, Abby nodded as she watched the Hominal standing up slowly.

Her movements, they did look kind of sluggish now that she had been privy to the VampireÂ’s inner workings. It was akin to fatigue she figured. But, it made sense. Yet, it still saddened her knowing the older girl couldnÂ’t enjoy the pleasures of sleeping. It didnÂ’t seem like a big dealÂ… but, at the same time, she knew it was a part of her life forcibly stripped from her.

But, she already knew that, to begin with. “Fufufu, stop pitying me… I told you to save it for those who require comforting.” Looking back up at Eve quietly, the Vampiress stood tall as she walked back over to the desk, her fangs peeking out as she flashed the smaller girl a toothy grin.

“I care not for sleep. So don’t dwell on it. Now, about your clothes… I was thinking something more fitting for you this time would be something akin to blue. Perhaps closer to your eyes, they’re a beauty that shines to me so I want all to see it on you~.” Eve purred.

Blushing red from the compliment, Abby fidgeted as she watched the larger girl setting down some fabrics. It seemed her inner couturier was coming out again. It made sense. She had been groomed to be a designer from birth. Though, it surprised her to know she actually found interest in doing these things after what had happened to her in the past.

Ignoring the inner whispers of the brunette, EveÂ’s fingers delicately moved around a long light blue fabric as she used her nails to slice and sever the thin strands of cloth with precision humanÂ’s simply couldnÂ’t possess. As Abby watched Eve, however, a smile slowly made its way to her face.

She lookedÂ… happy. Watching as the VampireÂ’s eyes darted around at a speed that seemed almost sporadic, her fingers and hands worked with quick precision much to the smaller girls amazement. She truly was talented, species aside. And it seemed she had an audience to.

Looking over to the twins, both Emma and Ella moved back and forth as their heads tried to follow the blondeÂ’s hands, but it seemed they couldnÂ’t as their heads soon bumped into one anotherÂ’s earning a quiet squeal from the two. Sometimes she wondered if they acted like this on purpose or notÂ…

However, all eyes suddenly froze on Eve as her hands came to an abrupt stop. Scanning the details of her cut, the Vampiress nodded before layering it on top of another piece of fabric and swiftly cutting out the second half. Moving her other hand towards her dress pocket, a small needle was soon withdrawn before the older girl began to work once more.

Sitting down quietly as to not disturb her, Abby couldn’t help but marvel as she watched what could only be described as an artisan at work. It almost looked like she was finished! ‘If this is just a dress for me at my size now… how long would it take you to make a normal size gown?’ She had made one for herself in just a couple days apparently unless the Vampire had made her red dress for their date some time in advance. Though, she did wonder if that meant she predicted it or not. And if so how long had she had it? It was all really-

“Abby, stop thinking so hard…”

Blinking as her eyes snapped back to attention, the brunette looked up as she saw Eve still sewing some threads into the miniature dress she was making. “E-Eve, I didn’t mean-“ “Shhhh.” Pursing her lips as she was quieted, the smaller girl sulked as she tried not to… think.

She forgot that they were connected again. It seemed it was something she frequently overlooked. Looking back up at the blonde as she focused intently on what she was doing, Abby soon began to smile once more. ‘Thank you, Eve… I really appreciate you making me something to wear again.’

Seeing no visible reaction from the blonde, Abby wondered if she even heard her or not, but, she could tell she did. Her lips, albeit frowning, had twitched briefly as she smiled. She was really trying hard to stay on track and focused on her new creation. Deciding to help the Hominal, the teen chose to sit still and wait. It was all she could really do anyway.

 

Once Eve was done, she was done. There was no point in her distracting her any more than she already had. This was for her after all. And patience was a virtueÂ…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Looking herself over slowly as she felt the light dress she wore clinging to her form perfectly, Abby felt her cheeks darken the more she continued to show it off, her Hominal audience all giving her mutual praise for her appearance. “Mistress, you made Big Sis even prettier!” “Yeah, yeah! You really are a god aren’t you?”

Chuckling as she felt her ego being stroked, Eve simply purred as she rested her chin against her palms, and drank in the shrunken girl’s visage. “Do you like the outfit my Abby? I tried to use my best materials for this one. Not that I didn’t for all the rest mind you.” She smirked.

Eying herself over once again, the brunette felt her words coming out quietly as she tried to answer her. The Dress was a bit smaller than the others that had come down to her ankles. This one instead ended just past her knees. The outside was a light pale blue, a shade different from her eyes as Eve had promised. The front was formal and fitting but there was a lace of white materials beneath it that stitched in a pattern across her chest to show off more of her cleavageÂ… something that probably should have bothered her. Resting around her waist was a sash as well that tied the front end off against her navel and ended in a large bow in the back. Though, the Vampiress had made it a unique fit as well as she used some type of indented metal disk with a square cut out as a finisher. It almost acted as a brace of sorts... But, it felt nice and snug as if it were armor. Coming down to her feet now a pair of socks had been fashioned to, a simple white pair but they came up her to her kneeÂ’s to compensate where the dress had failed to. And finally, another pair of shoes had been made. They were the same as the ones she had been given the first time. But, that made sense. Eve was an artisan with threads, not leather.

All and all, this was an amazing creation, one of which many would never have the privilege of seeing. She felt honored to be wearing it. Smiling as she reached back and felt the metal disk, Abby was about to ask what it was but Eve was quick to respond.

“It’s a coin my dear amore. One Najia brought back with her from her own country. She has many of them that are supposed to bring luck. I figured it would be fitting you should carry it. It might just give you some, in the end, fufufu~.” Eve chuckled.

Tracing her fingers against the metal symbols she felt etched into the coin, Abby soon smiled. “Thank you… It’s lovely. I’ll make sure not to lose this one… O-Or have it burned off… or, thrown away…” Abby mumbled. She had a really hard time keeping her clothes on now that she thought about it. ‘That’s not always a bad thing~.’

Lighting up red, Abby scowled up at the smirking blonde before sighing in return. “Alright, I guess if that’s it, we can go whenever you two are ready.” Looking back at the twins, both Emma and Ella were whining as they tried to contain their squeals. “Sis is so cute!” “Yes, yes, yes! So pretty, pretty!” “I can’t take it!” “Me either!”

Scratching her cheek sheepishly, Abby smiled dryly as she watched the two Hominal ogling her in joy. They really had a one track mind, didn’t they… ‘Indeed.’ Clearing her throat, Eve soon drew the attention of her two familiars before they stood up quickly.

“Alright, take care of our guest and make sure she gets back to Kari… untouched.” She warned. Saluting happily, both sisters giggled before looking back down at the smaller girl. “If we’re taking her back how do we not touch her?” “Yeah, yeah? She isn’t fast like us you know.” “And she also really isn’t good at hide and seek either.” They remarked before screeching as the Vampire’s fist slammed down in front of them.

“You know what I meant! Now go!” Eve snapped irritably. Whining, Ella soon moved in front of Abby before extending her arms. “Come on Sis, we’ll take you there!” “Yes, yes we will!” Smiling quietly, Abby nodded before stepping onto the Hominal's hands before she was cradled in her arms. Even at their size difference it still felt strange to be held like this.

Looking at the pink-skinned Twee Imp, Abby smiled before waving goodbye to Eve, the Vampire simply smiling in return as she closed her crimson pools. ‘I’ll see you soon enough, my precious amore.’ Nodding as she was soon shifted about, Abby watched as both Ella and Emma laughed before taking off down back the way they came. Though this time it seemed she was along for the ride.

She just prayed nothing bad happened to her as they made their way back to KariÂ’s domain. With her luck thoughÂ… you never knewÂ…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

“Ok, let's play again! I see… something grey!”

“Is it another rock…?”

“Yep! You’re good at this game Big Sis!”

“Yeah, yeah, really good!”

 

Scowling as she sat on EmmaÂ’s shoulder, the Shade Imp giggled as they played a quote on quote, *Game she could actually win at*. So far they had been naming things for her to guess and she had gotten them all right. The problem was they were naming the exact same thing! They were inside of a cave!

This felt belittling to her now. “Ok, I see… Something grey too!” Ella laughed before turning her head all around in an attempt to fool the smaller girl. Sighing from the repeatedly demeaning activity she was a part of as they made their way back to the little Witch’s chambers, the brunette finally had enough of this.

“How about we do something else girls… I’m not really in the mood to play games right now.” She mumbled. “Awwwww, but you were doing so well to Big Sis!” “Yeah, yeah! Why give up now, we know you can get this one too!” Growling audibly, Abby glared back at the Shade Imp before sighing once more.

“That’s not why I want to stop! And the answers also a rock! How about we just talk instead? Is that ok with you two?” Frowning, both sisters slowed down their walk as they tried to figure out how that was fun. “I don’t understand this game. How do we win it?”

Massaging her temple, Abby shook her head. Now she understood why Eve kept snapping at these two. They really could wear on her nerves without even knowing it. “Alright fine… how about you tell me something, and if I like it you win? Deal?”

Looking towards each other skeptically, both Emma and Ella hummed before smiles soon broke out over their faces. “Alright, we’ll play!” “Yeah, yeah! Ask away, you won’t beat us!” Smiling dryly, Abby thought about something to ask them before nodding her head.

“Alright, how about you two tell me how you came to be in these caves? And why you both consider Eve to be your Mistress.” She was genuinely curious. She didn’t know too much about the pair of sisters beyond their love of games and their shared devotion to the blonde Vampire.

Giggling, Ella soon smirked before looking at her sister. “This one’s easy! You’ll lose for sure!” “Yeah, yeah! It all started about a year ago in a place really, really far from here…”

Â…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“GET THEM! DON’T LET THESE DEMON’S ESCAPE THIS TIME!”

 

Screaming hysterically, both Emma and Ella ran as they heard a loud mob of people chasing after them. Why did so many people want to play with them today? It was scary! Screeching as something pointy stuck into the tree in front of them, both siblings ran in different directions as they began hopping up the branches of the trees around them.

 

“Shoot them down!”

 

Hearing something whistling near them, both Shade and Twee Imp continued to cry as arrows began zooming past them! Why so many sharp things?! They hated the sharp things! “Stop it, stop it, stop it! We’ll play with you guys to just, not all at once!” “Yeah, yeah! Cut it out?!” They cried before screaming as the branch they both landed on was severed by one of the arrows.

Plummeting to the ground painfully, the sisters soon crawled to their feet before taking off in a sprint again as they saw the dozen-plus men still running after them. Did they all want to be played with this much too? They had been having fun with one guy, he seemed really happy that they were there and let them eat some of his yummy essence but then this random lady began screaming and all of a sudden so many other guys wanted to play with them too!

They didnÂ’t like when people played this rough! Human's could be such meanies sometimes! As the two Imps ran away their eyes were constantly turned behind them blocking out their view of what was in front of them before it was too late.

Crashing into something painfully, both Emma and Ella whined as they fell on their butts before looking up in confusion. However, their eyes soon widened as they saw what it was they had run into. Looking down curiously at them with an indifferent expression, was a small blonde girl adorned with some kind of clothing they had never seen before.

What was she doing in the middle of the woods? Hearing more cry's behind them, however, both Sisters screamed before standing up in an instant looking left and right for somewhere to hide, both Hominal nodded before ducking behind the blonde and covering each other's heads.

Hopefully, this was a good hiding spot they didnÂ’t have a lot of time to try and find one like they usually did when they played hide and seekÂ…

Looking over her shoulder at the two creatures cowering in fear, EvelineÂ’s brow was raised as she wondered what this was all about, but, the looming presence in front of her soon filled her in. Watching as a crowd of men all entered the small clearing she had came to meditate in peace, the VampireÂ’s eyes soon narrowed as she saw them brandishing a plethora of weapons.

“What the?! Hey Kid, get out of the way those things behind you are Monsters!” Hearing a loud cry as they were discovered behind her, Eveline's lips twitched into a small smile before she spread her lips apart to reveal her fangs, the men in front of her soon paling as it dawned on them that she was one too.

Keeping their heads tucked down, both Emma and Ella whimpered frightfully as loud cries began ringing out all around them. Expecting to be hit and kicked like the meaner people did whenever they played too roughly, the sisters were pleasantly surprised when all the noise suddenly ceased.

Blinking their eyes open, both siblings looked up in confusion before their eyes widened in shock. Standing amongst the dozen of other men all unconscious on the dirt, the blonde's hand rested against a struggling man's neck before he soon fell limp.

Pushing the human backward as he joined the rest of the others, Eve shook her head before sighing. “Troublesome…” She came out here for peace and quiet and this was what she discovered. How piteous. Feeling something suddenly smack into her legs, the blonde had to pause before looking down in confusion.

Whimpering and crying, both Emma and Ella sniveled and cried as they hugged the stranger happily. She had saved them! Eying the two girls thoughtfully, the VampireÂ’s indifferent expression remained before she began to walk off, the two ImpÂ’s now accompanying her as they each stuck to one of her legsÂ…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Looking around her clearing as she saw her girls packing up their items to move out again, Najia was mute as she counted their heads. “Ebon, make sure Ivy is with you please! Poppy, stop drinking and grab the bags for us! C-Casey, stop chasing Kari around with your head!” Why did they always have to be this lively in the morning…

Rubbing her temple as she issued orders, the Kitsune soon paused before looking around. She was missing a lamb. “Eve, where are you?” It was daybreak now she couldn’t have wandered far. Closing her eyes as she let her senses stretch out, the Hominal nodded as she felt her Kit making her way towards their group.

As she emerged from the tree line, however, the older womanÂ’s face soon went blank as she saw the strange sight before her. Walking up towards the Kitsune with a complete nonchalant expression the Vampire soon stood in front of her mentor as she pointed down at the two Imps kissing and fondling her feet.

“What on earth… Eve…?”

Looking back at the blonde in silence, the VampireÂ’s lips remained neutral as they soon parted.

 

“Can I keep them?”

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

Giving both Emma and Ella a similar look to how they described it to her, Abby was mute as she tried to process their tale. ‘It sounds like she adopted a couple of kittens rather than people…’ At least that’s how it sounded to her. But, the twins seemed equally happy none the less with the outcome so who was she to judge.

“So, I guess after Eve saved you two, she made you her familiars with her blood?” Nodding happily, Emma chittered before hugging Abby into her cheek. “Uh huh, uh huh! She said we could be her hands or something for her while she was busy!” Smirking, the teenager nodded as she saw them both praising the blonde in question.

‘You two really are simple creatures.’ It had to have dawned on them at some point that humans were hunting them… right? Well… either way, she didn’t want to break the *illusion* for them. “I guess it all worked out in the end huh? I hope it does for me to then…”

Hearing more chitters in return, Abby looked back at the two smiling sisters before giggling herself. She doubted it would end exactly like that for her thoughÂ… then again, who knows. She already had someone hunting her and Eve had saved her too.

Perhaps there were events in motion she just couldnÂ’t see. Or as Eve had said, fate had something in mind for her. Not that she believed any of that. But, as luck would have it, she was carrying it with her in the form of the charm Eve had bestowed upon her.

 

Perhaps luck would be on her side from now on.

 

~_ _ _ _ _~

 

 

“Cererererrk?

 

“Shiny…?

 

“Huh, shiny!”

 

~_ _ _ _ _~

 

Sitting on EllaÂ’s shoulder now, Abby smiled as she heard both ImpÂ’s bickering back and forth. It seemed they had gotten onto the topic of which game was more fun to play. They really couldnÂ’t decide it seemedÂ…

 

“Hide and seek!”

 

“Tag and run!”

 

“Hide and seek!”

 

“Tag and run!”

 

Scowling back at one another, both heads soon turned to the shrunken girl now causing Abby to stiffen. “Which one’s better Big Sis?!” “Yeah, yeah! It’s Hide and seek right?” “No, it’s tag and run!” “Hide and seek!” “Tag and run!” “Hide and seek!” “Tag and run!”

“Hide and seek!”

“Tag and run!”

“HIDE AND SEEK!”

“TAG AND RUN!”

 

“CAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW!”

 

Blinking all three girls froze now as they heard something loud cry out above them. Looking upwards, both Emma and Ella furrowed their brows before screeching as something shot down out from the roof of the cave right on top of them.

Screaming as something descended over her, AbbyÂ’s eyes widened as she felt something hit her from behind. Falling off EllaÂ’s shoulder, the brunette was airborne for only a second, before something snapped around her midsection, and she began to rise.

Screaming as she shot into the air, Abby wailed as she was brought upward!

 

“BIG SIS!”

“BIG SIS!”

 

Something took their big sister!

 

 

To be continuedÂ…

 

End Notes:

 

Switching things from Eve to another girl now, I know some of you are probably happy about that. Please stay tuned and as always review and tell me what you think. :3

 

See you all soon!

Face, Faith, and Feathers! by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

Hello everyone! Sorry for the delays this chapter, I wanted it to be up a few days ago but this character was a bit of a confusing one for me and for F.W. He helped me a lot with this chapter again and I love the end result but it was really, really hard to reach it.

I hope you all like it to though and I hope you love who you'll meet. So once again, I'm sorry for the delay and I hope you enjoy and review with your Shiny, Shiny words I love to read!

 

Enjoy!

 

 

 

“Shiny! Shiny, shiny! Was so shiny, shiny crekrkrkre…”

 

Clenching her eyes painfully as she laid on her stomach, Abby groaned softly as she felt a painful feeling in her gut. Opening her eyes slowly as she started to regain consciousness, the brunette lifted her head up weakly as her eyes spun around. She felt really dizzy… or more, disoriented… what the hell just happened to her?

 

“Shiny… where is shiny? Shiny? Huh… SHINY?!”

 

Hearing a strange voice above her as the ground she was on… or more, brush, shook gently from the unknown creature’s movements, Abby laid still and silent as she tried to take in her surroundings. She was on top of some kind of bed of sticks. It looked like it was made of wood, foliage, leaves and just about any number of other shrubberies she had seen before.

But, that wasn’t the only thing surrounding her. As far as her eyes could see… there were dozens, of odds and ends… all glimmering a silver or golden hue. But, it wasn’t coins or jewelry… well, most of it at least. It was just… garbage. Broken chunks of metal, bent or rusting silverware… Hell, she could even see some polished metal fence wire draped around the rim of whatever it was she was laying in.

‘What the hell is this place?’

 

“No, no, no! Not shiny! Am… Ama… I want… where new shiny! Shiny? Shiny, shiny?!” Gulping as the voice continued to repeat itself behind her, the brunette eventually found the courage to turn her head as she tried to determine just what this creature was. It was a girl… and a young one from the sound of her voice… but, she wanted to know for sure.

As her eyes landed on the being however it soon became apparent just what it was that had taken her. Crouching on a pair of talons, the girl’s legs were scaly up to the end of her thighs before she took on the form of a human there up. However, where her arms should have been a large pair of black bird-like wings were in place as replacements. Dressed in simple rags, enough to cover her crotch and her chest but not much more the girl showed little care for her personal appearance as evident by her unruly black locks that ended at her neck.

She knew know, that this creature was a Harpy. That was for certain. Though, beyond that… she knew nothing else. ‘C-class Monsters capable of flying at high altitudes and at unimaginable speeds… wow…’ She had never seen one before… well, that was true for most Hominal, but Harpies especially. They were very rare in this region of Ireland and tended to stick closer to the more mountainous terrain instead of the coast. Hearing more franticness in the child's tone… she assumed, the creature gently hopped around on what now appeared to be a large birds nest as her feathered arms riffled through random piles of glimmering objects as she searched for something.

‘What are you looking for?’ Wondering for a moment whether or not to talk to the strange girl, Abby soon began to crawl backward. One thing was for certain amongst this haze of caprice. She had been taken by force by this stranger… She had to find the Twins so she could get back to someone she knew.

Nodding her head as she decided not to take any chances with this new girl, Abby quietly rose to her feet as her shaky legs tried to support her. She felt very disoriented after being taken into the air. Though, now she knew how it happened. But it did beg the question why this Harpy had taken her in the first place.

Making her way towards the edge of the nest as she ducked under an empty silver chalice for some cover, the diminutive girl pulled herself up in an effort to climb before peeking her head over the side of the large bird's nest… however… what she saw next made her stomach drop.

Gawking as she stared into an abyss, Abby was mute as her eyes looked at the large chasm before her. SHE WAS UP ON THE MIDDLE OF A CLIFF! Gulping as she felt a strange and foreign fear of heights suddenly surface from within her, the brunette quietly crawled back down before flopping against the shrubbery she was on in a panic.

Cupping her chest as her heart began to beat rapidly, the teenager breathed steadily as she tried to calm down. ‘A-Alright Abby… don’t panic. I-I’m just on a large nest… a-above a hole, and with a strange Hominal.’ She had been in worse situations before… right?

Ebon came to mind but she chose to disregard that. Licking her lips as her eyes darted around, the Brunette peered above the glimmering cup she was hiding behind as she still saw the Harpy whispering to herself and chittering in a strange tone. No, it sounded more like clicking. It was somewhat like what the Twins did when they were happy but she could tell by the tone and her frantic movements she was anything but.

Kneeling back down, Abby closed her eyes before focusing intently. ‘E-Eve… if you can hear me… I’m, stuck. Are you awake yet? Can you hear me?’ Waiting for a response back, the smaller human was soon crestfallen as she heard nothing but her own thoughts in her mind. She was on her own it seemed…

“Shiny, shiny, shiny! Where is shiny, shiny?! Am… A… Where is it! Crekrkrkrk!” Looking back at the Harpy as she saw the panicked expression she wore, Abby soon had to frown. She looked visibly upset by whatever it was she lost. Weighing the pros and cons of what she was about to do, Abby soon nodded her head before ducking back under the chalice she had been behind before making herself known to the unknown girl. She might be the only one who could get her off of this… thing…

“E-Excuse me… Is there something I can help you find? What are you looking for?” Stiffening up, the Harpy’s head shot up in alert before she began twisting it around in confusion. “Who there?! Who, who?! Who… owl?” Furrowing her brow from the strange way this girl talked, Abby simply shook her head.

“D-Down here!” Blinking, the creature soon looked down before her cerulean eyes met with the shrunken girl before her. Looking back at one another at a standstill for a few seconds, the younger girl soon furrowed her brow before turning her head.

“Who is you…?” Laughing dryly as she forced a smile onto her face, Abby simply waved as she saw a look of true confusion written over the child’s features. ‘You brought me up here and you don’t even recognize me?’ Or… did that mean there was more than one?!

Paling at the thought, Abby gulped before cupping her hands together gently. “M-My name’s Abby… I, I don’t think we’ve properly met before. What’s your name?” Continuing to stare down at the smaller girl before her, the Harpy’s brow furrowed once more before she turned her head the other way.

“Name? Am… I… I am… Ama… Ama…” She mumbled before clenching her eyes. ‘Ama…?’ What was up with this girl? “Is, it Ama?” Watching as the feathered girl shook her head furiously, a few of said feathers falling off her in the process, the raven-haired Hominal moved her arm up to her face before tapping her forehead, a sharp pair of talons now revealed to her towards the tip of her wings she seemed to be using as thumbs.

“Am… Am… Am… Am… Am… Am-y? Crekrkrk? Amy… Am Amy!” She squealed before looking down at Abby with excitement in her eyes. Looking back at the child with a blank expression, the teenager took a deep breath before nodding. “Nice to meet you… Amy.” This girl was crazy!

She had to get off this nest as soon as possible. ‘Anytime now Eve, please say something…’ Scowling as her mind remained void of whispers, Abby began smiling once again. “Well, Amy, that’s a lovely name. It’s nice to meet you. I don’t suppose you could take me back to my friends, could you? You see… I think we had a mix-up or something and you brought me here by accident. Would… would that be ok with you?” The smaller girl whispered with trepidation evident in her voice.

Furrowing her brow as she lowered her face down in front of the shrunken human now, the Harpy now known as Amy squinted her eyes before turning her head to the side once more. “Does Amy know you?” Scratching her cheek sheepishly, Abby simply shook her head.

“N-Not really, no. You just… kind of took me from my friends. Do you remember Emma and Ella? I was with them. Their Imps… ring a bell? At all? Any of this…?” Frowning as she saw the younger girls face remaining neutral and blank to her statements, Abby was left to sigh as she turned around.

‘This is crazy, this is crazy, this is crazy! How can she not remember any of this!? It had only been one of the more traumatic things to happen to her since she arrived here!’ “SHINY! AMY FOUND SHINY!” Blinking, Abby turned back to the Harpy as she saw the excited look she wore… suddenly disappear.

“Crekrkrrkkrkrk?! SHINY! COME BACK SHINY, WHERE YOU GO!” Looking around in confusion, Abby tried to figure out what the Harpy had seen… but, she didn’t see anything out of the ordinary. But, apparently, the Hominal had as she began stomping her clawed foot.

“SHINY COME BACK! PLEASE SHINY WHERE YOU GO! COME BACK TO AM… AM… am…” “Amy?” “YES! COME BACK TO AMY!” Pressing against the bridge of her nose, Abby sighed before pacing away. ‘This really is a waste of time.’ This girl clearly had something wrong with her head. She’d just have to wait until Eve woke up again before she could get hel- “SHINY!”

Attempting to turn around, Abby suddenly screeched as she was knocked onto her stomach and pinned down. Paling in horror as she saw a claw sink into the nest in front of her, the brunette turned her head in terror as she saw the delighted eyes the Harpy wore.

“SHINY, AMY FOUND SHINY! SHINY IS SHINY! PRETTY!” Hearing more and more of the gleeful screams above her, the smaller girl screamed herself as she started to thrash beneath the Harpy’s clawed talons. “A-A-AMY, LET ME GO! S-STOP!” Feeling the pressure on her back increase, Abby whined in pain as she felt her stomach being forced harder into the nest beneath her.

“Shiny is pretty! So shiny, shiny, crekrkrkr!” Feeling the pressure leave her as the creatures foot was removed, Abby attempted to stand but she was soon pulled upwards as she felt herself being lifted into the air by the bow around her dress.

“Shiny, shiny, shiny~!” Hearing more and more of the younger girls chant, Abby, craned her neck fearfully before it all started to click for her. Resting between the Harpies feathered digits, the very ones she was suspended from right now… was a coin. The coin Eve had used to bind her clothing together. SHE WANTED THE COIN!

Thinking quickly, Abby moved her hands down to her waist before tugging hard on the end of the ribbons strings. Feeling the knot come undone from her efforts, Abby cried out as she fell out from her bindings and back down into the spongy nest beneath her.

Panting in fear as she stared back up at the Harpy, the teen was mute as she watched the girl above her. Seemingly oblivious to the fact she was now missing from her fingers… feathers, Amy worked around the cloth string, as she soon pulled the blue fabric away to better see her newest acquisition.

“Ahhhhhh, shiny! Shiny, shiny, shiny, shiny~ hehehe crekrkrkrk~.” Closing her eyes as she panted, Abby smiled before her head flopped back into the nest beneath her. ‘S-She just wanted the coin…’ Thank god. Was this why she was taken away from Emma and Ella?! It was all because of a silly accessory?!

Crawling backward slowly as she tried to make some distance between them the brunette made it a few feet before feeling a twig beneath her hand snap from the pressure she had put on it. Almost as if a switch had been flipped, Amy’s eyes hardened as her neck shot down to look at Abby, the teenager squealing in surprise as she once again faced to face with the bizarre feathery girl.

Glaring down at Abby for a long moment, the raven-haired child soon pulled the coin she held to her chest before huffing. “Amy’s shiny…” “Y-YOU CAN HAVE THE FREAKING COIN!” She wasn’t even asking for it back! Watching as the switch flipped back around, the Hominal’s eyes lit up happily before she began chanting her favorite word once more and rubbing her newest possession against her cheek affectionately.

“Shi-ny, shi-ny,-shi-ny-ny-ny! Crekrkrk!” Resting exhaustedly in the bird girl’s nest, Abby soon leaned up as she tried to figure out what to do. ‘This girl’s going to get me killed…’ If it wasn’t enough she was clueless, she was also bipolar too! Rubbing her tired eyes, the brunette looked back at the feathered girl before taking a deep breath and sighing. She couldn't think like this... even if the situation was a strange as it was now.

This was just another child in the end. One she needed to learn to communicate properly with. “Amy… Now that you have your shiny, can you take me back to my friends?” Pausing her joyous chant, the Harpy looked down in confusion before tilting her head.

“Why is Abby here?” “Because you brought me up here when you tried to take my coin.” “AMY’S SHINY, AMYS! CREKRKRKR!” Wincing as the Harpy grew defensive, the teenager nodded before raising her hands in a calming way. “Y-Yes… it is yours now… but, it was attached to me… hence, why I’m here. You can keep the coin Amy... but, please, take me back down now…” Abby whispered.

She really needed to go find the others. Looking down at the coin slowly the Harpy grew quiet for a moment before looking back at Abby. “Abby give Amy shiny?” Nodding her head, Abby soon had to stop herself from screaming once more as she was suddenly scooped up in the younger girls… hands?

“Abby is nice face! Nice face, nice face! Amy like you!” She cried happily before hugging the smaller girl into her. Sputtering as she was shoved into the ragged clothes the child wore, Abby pushed against the Hominal as she tried to regain control of the situation.

“T-T-Thank you, but please, s-stop that!” It was almost like she was trying to suffocate her! Pulling away slowly, the Harpy looked back down at Abby before smiling happily.  “Abby has nice face, Amy will take good care of Abby. Amy promises!” Gulping as she heard the not so threatening remark but more the way she phrased it, Abby glanced over her shoulder as she peered down at the chasm below.

“A-Amy… I-I appreciate that… but, I really need to go back to my friends. They’re probably looking for me right now. Do you know where anyone else is?” Turning her head sideways once more, the feathered girl chittered thoughtfully before nodding.

“Amy knows where others are.” Smiling happily as she finally made some ground, the smaller girl nodded before the feathered girl continued. “Does the nice face want Amy to take you to scaly nice face?” Paling in an instant, Abby shuddered momentarily before shaking her head. 'S-Scaly... n-nice face...?' Did she mean Ebon?!

“N-N-No… not that person Amy. M-Maybe Eve, err, Eveline… or Casey… or Kari or Brook…?” Hell, she’d take the Nya or Poppy at this point. Anyone was better than… Ebon. Tilting her head from side to side, the feathered girls face soon turned sour before she shook her head.

“Nope.” Blinking once, then twice, Abby soon had to speak. “No what?” “Nope. Amy will keep you safe from mean face's.” Mimicking the younger girls face now, the teenager soon scowled. “Amy… listen to me. It’s very important that I get back to Kari’s domain. You know Najia right? Well, I’m here to treat her. She saved you or did something for you in the past, didn’t she? Well, she needs me now so if you can take me to her then I’d be really grateful.” Abby muttered, her voice soft and tender as she tried to make this easy and clear for the younger girl to understand.

Her intelligence might be called into question, but she knew that the Hominal had to know who Najia was. Turning her head repeatedly as the name of the Kitsune soon caught her attention, Abby quietly smiled as she saw the Harpy mimicking her. “The nice face knows momma?”

Blinking once, then twice once more, Abby’s eyes suddenly shot open. “Y-Y-Your M-Mom?! Wait, what?!” Hopping backward's a couple feet from the loud screech below her, the raven-haired child turned her head once more, now in confusion as she saw the startled expression Abby wore.

‘H-H-Her mother?!’ How did… Why did… was that even… Wait, what?! Looking back up at the Harpy in utter confusion, Abby was mute as she saw her looking back down at her curiously. “Y-Your… your m-mother… Is Najia…?” Nodding her head happily, Amy soon giggled before craning her neck back down so she could be eye level with the smaller girl.

“Uh huh! Momma’s really nice! Sort of like nice face. Momma gives Amy shiny, shiny’s all the time! Crekekeke~. Abby wants to help Momma right? Right? Is that why nice face is here?” Amy chirped excitedly, her feathers ruffling as she shook in enthusiasm.

Staring the child down speechlessly, Abby could do little more than shake her head. She couldn’t actually be Najia’s daughter… right? She was a Kitsune! How did a fox woman have a bird daughter?! It didn’t even make sense! Frankly, she didn’t understand how Hominal had children with humans, to begin with since they were different species but this made even less sense!

But, the look on Amy’s face told her otherwise. ‘Does, she actually believe she’s your child Najia…?’ Almost hoping the Kitsune could somehow contact her in a way Eve did, Abby simply shook her head. This was unreal. But, there could always be a chance she was telling the truth. For all she knew, Hominal could crossbreed with each other…

Who was she to say what made sense and what didn’t? Casey had shown her the error of her ways in believing these girls were anything like humans when it came to their biology. Taking a deep breath as their silence drug on a little too long, the brunette smiled softly before nodding her head.

“Yes Amy, I’m here to help… your mother. But, how… exactly is Najia your mother? Was your father a Harpy like you? And she and Najia…” Trailing off as she saw the confusion written on the younger girls face, Abby simply raised her hands. She didn’t know what she was getting at either at this point. She was probably more curious now than the larger girl was.

Tilting her head sideways as it rested on her nest, Amy slowly began to scowl. “Amy doesn’t have daddy… what is nice face Abby talking about?” Crossing her arms quietly, the teenager frowned as she mulled over that statement.

“Amy… if you don’t have a dad, then how is Najia your mother?” Chattering as she listened to the shrunken woman’s explanation, Amy quietly leaned up before tilting her head the other way and setting it back down on the nest. Why did she keep doing that?! It was starting to unnerve her…

“Momma hatched Amy herself. Amy has no daddy… Does Amy need one? Crekrkrkr?” Feeling a certain sense of understanding slowly beginning to set in now, Abby’s expression never shifted as she wore it with trouble. ‘She… she was hatched?’ Like an actual bird… This, sort of made sense now.

Sitting down gently as she pulled her dress over her knee’s, Abby looked back at the Harpy before shaking her head. “No, you don’t need one. I was just trying to understand is all? So… Najia hatched you from your egg… Do you know if she found you herself? Or, did something else happen to you causing her to find your egg?” She didn’t claim to know much about her race but she did know a little about birds. If they were anything the same as their avian counterparts then Harpies wouldn’t just leave their unborn children lying around for someone else to pick up… let alone another Hominal. There had to be more to this tale…

Ruffling her feathers briefly as she shook her wings out, Amy’s face contorted into confusion once more before she began to shake her head.  “Amy’s always been mommas fled… fledy… fledg…” “Fledgling…?” “Yes! Crekrkrkr! Amy as always been momma’s fledgling. Momma calls Amy that all the time!” Amy cheered happily, the trouble look the brunette was giving her lost to her, however.

Resting her chin on her forearms as she let the information sink in, the brunette wondered if it was true or not. It sounded like it was but at the same time, the younger girls mind could be called into question. She was getting a lot of red flags right now from this mother-child relationship dynamic…

Glancing up at the larger child in silence as she continued to sport her happy expression, Abby soon sighed. “Well… regardless, I’m here to take care of your Mother Amy. She’s sick and Kari and I have been tending to her. I need to find my friends so we can continue where we left off. You love your mom, right?”

Deciding to try and play on the child’s feelings now, the brunette smiled as she saw the serious look that Amy now wore. “Uh huh! Uh huh! Amy loves momma! Amy will protect momma too!” Nodding her head, Abby pointed to the abyss below them before slowly standing up once more.

“Alright, then we’re agreed…? If you want to help your momma then you need to take me back to Kari and the others…. J-Just not Ebon… alright?” Screeching as the larger girl suddenly cawed, the teen was taken aback by her enthusiastic cry.

“Ok nice face! Amy understands! Amy will take you to other nice faces! Crekekek!” Smiling as her point was finally made, Abby was about to ask how they would get down before all color drained from her face as she saw the Harpy leaning her face down towards her.

“A-Amy, what are you do-AHHHH!” Screaming as her face was suddenly enveloped by the child’s lips; all sense of direction was lost to the teenager as she was lifted upward by the Harpy's mouth. “A-AMY, WHAT ARE YOU DOING, STOP IT! AMY?! AMY!” Crying out louder as she felt the Hominal’s tongue press against her face, the smaller girl cringed before her eyes widened in horror.

She could feel herself falling downward! Tilting her neck up as she bobbed her head, the raven-haired Harpy coughed briefly as she moved Abby around in her mouth. Her movements were making this difficult for her to swallow.

Pulling the shrunken girl into her maw, the Hominal soon nodded her head before forcing the teenager to the back of her throat much to her terror. “AMY, AMY S-STOP! LET ME OUT! AMY! AMY!” Crying out as she thrashed helplessly, darkness surrounded the brunette as she felt her body slowly descending, gravity taking hold of her… as she slowly began sliding down the back of the child’s throat.

Gulping loudly as she finally got her down, the Harpy shook her head before ruffling her feathers. However, this meant little in the end for Abby as she continued to slide down. Crying in fear all the way through, the now sopping wet teenager soon felt herself hit something as her body was compacted together.

“A-A-AMY! AMY PLEASE LET ME OUT! AMY!” Screaming the younger girl’s name repeatedly as she beat on the spongy walls surrounding her, Abby’s eyes watered as she felt a foreign sense of betrayal overtake her. She hadn’t felt this feeling since her first night with Eve… she felt, fear…

Clutching her arms in the darkness around her, Abby whimpered as she heard the gurgling squelching noises surrounding her as she softly cried. ‘EVE! EVE PLEASE ANSWER ME! EEEEEVE!’ Calling desperately in her mind for the Vampire to come and save her, the shrunken human soon fell against the Harpy's stomach before crying harder.

WHAT HAD HAPPENED?! One minute they had been talking almost as if they were friends then out of nowhere she ate her! She didn’t even know Harpies ate meat… let alone people… Clutching her arms gently as she shivered, the brunette looked around the murky darkness as she tried to see anything.

Any light… and sound other than the inside noises of the younger girl… Anyone calling her name… She wanted something. Anything! Cupping her nose from the foul smell around her, the diminutive girl shuddered as she felt the soggy waters she was in invading her new dress. Why did this keep happening to her clothes! Eve was going to be upset, she just knew it…

‘Funny… that’s what upsets me now…’ Smiling morbidly at the humorous thought, Abby soon shook her head. This was no time to think like that! She had to get out of here. There was no way this was going to happen to her! Something had to have happened to cause Amy do suddenly eat her like she did! She… she wasn’t feral… at least she didn’t look like she was.

Eve and Casey had made it out to be a ravenous hunger that made them act like savages. The younger girl hadn’t shown any of that. So, what was the reason for this then? ‘D-Did… Did I offend her…?’ Did she say something bad about Najia without even realizing it?

That might have been a cause for this but even so… There still had to be-. Feeling her thoughts abruptly halted, Abby’s eyes widened as she heard a loud growling noise all around her. ‘C-C-Crap!’ Her stomach thought she was food! Knowing enough of anatomy to know what was going to happen next, the shrunken teen quickly held her breath… as… nothing happened…?

Pinching her nose as she tried to hold in her air for as long as she could, the smaller girl couldn’t take it very long before she gasped loudly. Panting in the murky darkness, the brunette had to frown now. Something didn’t feel right. ‘When a person’s hungry their stomach releases acids in and out of the intestines to help break down what can’t be broken quick enough in a person’s stomach acids…’ She had thought that was what was about to happen…

But, something was off. Trailing her hands around the slimy walls around her, the brunette had to pause as she felt the base of where she was crammed into. There was a bit of liquid there, but, it wasn’t nearly enough to be this girl’s stomach acid, species aside.

‘But… then that means…’ Pausing her internal monolog, the brunette moved her arms around her tight confinement before scowling. It was wrong… ‘I’m not in her stomach…’ She had been eaten… but, this wasn’t her stomach. So, what was going on then, where was she?

Leaning back into the spongy innards she was pressed against, the brunette took a deep breath before trying to think it through… even if the air around here smelled horrible… As the minutes passed by, however, the teenager slowly began to blink before her eyes shot open.

She hadn’t swallowed her… SHE MUST BE INSIDE HER CROP! ‘Wait, do Harpies have crops…? The crop of a bird was the section right before the avian stomach used to store food in. Most birds tended to use theirs to store up extra food to eat later or carry around for other birds who can’t forage yet. It was strange… but, it made some semblance of sense for Harpies to have similar anatomy as their fowl friends did.

Feeling a small smile made its way to her face now, the brunette had to shake her head. ‘Is this real…?’ If this really was what she thought it was then Amy hadn’t eaten her at all. She was just carrying her! Thumping her head against the base of… whatever it was she was laying on, the teenager chuckled dryly before feeling out the ground beneath her.

Sure enough, in a matter of moments, she soon found it. Pressing gently against a small hole, the teenager cringed as she felt it twitch under her. ‘So I am in her crop…’ This was both fascinating and greatly disturbing… Feeling a bit more at ease now, albeit angry at the younger girl for doing this to her without prior warning, Abby shook her head before waiting. What else could she honestly do at this point…?

Tapping her foot gently as she fidgeted, Abby’s eyes slowly lulled shut as she rested uneasily. Why did things always end up like this? One minute she could be at peace and in a happy place with one of these girls and the next in a situation like this… well, not always like this per say, but enough to be a hassle on her.

Sighing tiredly, the brunette gently pinched the walls around her once more as she wondered. Of all these girls why was it that Amy thought of Najia like her mother and the others didn’t? Or, did they and they just didn’t say it? There were honestly too many questions for her to ask though. Just how many layers were there to these creatures?

‘Hominal and Beastial really are something else.’ At least compared to her race they were. Humans… they had complexities to but, there was a lot of doubt in her mind about how good they were as of now. But, this was a cycle… one that would never end. Good human, good Hominal, good Beastial… bad Human, bad Hominal, bad Bestial…

It wasn’t black and white, at least, not like she once thought it to be. What, others still thought it to be. It was funny… Finding her way here how she did… nursing an injured woman alongside her fellow sisters… Making friends with unexpected people… being hunted like they were by spiteful ones…  Finding… finding, love? She never thought any of this was going to happen to her in a single week let alone in her life.

‘And being swallowed by a Harpy… I might as well chalk that up to…’ Chuckling mirthfully, Abby nodded before smiling, her mood much better now than it had been prior. ‘Hey Eve? Amy’s probably looking for someone right now. If you’re awake yet, can you please help me out.’

Smiling as she relayed her silent message once more, the teenager sighed before lying back against the walls she was prisoner to. It didn’t appear It was time yet. All she could do was just wait till the feathered girl eventually found someone for her…

But, she just prayed it wasn’t Ebon…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

Covering her eyes as the darkness around her slimy confinements were lifted, Abby squinted as she felt her body slowly being massaged as she was lifted upward, or more, pulled downward at a strange angle. Looking down as she heard a quiet choking noise, a pair of teeth soon greeted her before the teenager screeched.

Falling out of Amy’s mouth and onto some rougher stones, the teen cursed under her breath (a bad habit she might have acquired from a certain Dullahan) before lifting her head up and looking around. However, what greeted her field of vision was not what she expected…

“A-Amy…?” Staring forward in wonder, Abby’s eyes shimmered as the reflection of the ocean glittered across her field of vision. She… she was on top of a cliff… Looking across the vast expanse of sea as the sun began to peak out over the horizon, the brunette was speechless as she saw the breathtaking view.

What on earth was she doing here? Hearing the coughing noises stop, the shrunken girl had to tear her eyes away from the stunning view as she watched the larger child soon plop herself down beside her. “Crekekeke… Nice face wasn’t easy to carry around. Shouldn’t poke Am… Amy? Yes! Shouldn’t poke Amy like fish do. Makes hard to swallow, crekrkrk…” She chittered softly as she watched the sun as well.

Looking up at the raven-haired child as she wiggled her feet over the edge of the cliff they were on, the brunette soon licked her lips before speaking. “Amy… why, why are we here? I thought you went to go find someone. And please… I can’t stress this enough. NEVER, do that again without telling me first!” She snapped, her voice cracking a bit towards the end.

Blinking her eyes a few times, the Harpy soon tilted her head sideways before staring back down at the smaller girl. “But the Nice Face said to find other Nice faces. How else would Amy carry you? Crekekek?” Sighing, Abby shook her head. “F-F-Fine lets skip that. Why are we here? We’re outside of the caverns… or, on top of them? Either way, you didn’t bring me to anyone, so, why?”

Lowering her head sheepishly, the feathery girl pouted as she continued to look out over the ocean. “Amy tried to find someone but there weren’t any nice faces in common ground. So… Amy came up perch. Let's watch the big shiny rise! Amy always comes here at this time to watch!” She chirped.

Giving the girl a deadpanned expression, Abby looked across the ocean once more as she saw the sun about halfway up the water now. “Do you mean the sun?” “Crekek? The what?” Palming her face, the teen sighed into her hand before pulling it downward. “Ok… so why come here? Why not drop me back off at your nest first?”

She was basically taking her out to a place no one would find here. THIS WAS EVEN WORSE THEN BEING STUCK ON HER BIRD-BED! Shrugging her shoulders sheepishly, Amy simply laughed much too the smaller girls anger. “Nice face looked troubled so Amy came here to make her not troubled. Momma always watched the big shiny fly with me at this time… But… Momma’s not here right now… creee…”

Feeling some of her anger bleed away from the saddened tone she heard, Abby grew quiet before slowly sitting down herself. She sounded… kind of lonely…  “After the sun comes up, can we look again for someone? I really need to find Casey or Eve, its important Amy…”

Looking back down at Abby as her neck tilted the other way, the raven-haired child bobbed her head as she smiled. “Ok nice face!” “It’s Abby…” “Ok nice face Abby!” Rubbing the bridge of her nose, the brunette chose not to correct her this time as she watched the sunrise with the Hominal instead.

Situation aside… it was a beautiful view. Looking out across the sea as more and more sparkles reflected off the surface of the water, the little human smirked before shaking her head. ‘And once again, I’m back to a peaceful moment…’ It was like her life couldn’t decide what it wanted for her at this point.

Glancing up at the Harpy as she kicked her legs out happily, her expression kept changing. One moment it was happiness, the next excitement, and a few seconds later glee, before switching back to happiness. She seemed like a simple-minded creature… but, that wasn’t necessarily a bad thing either.

“Hey, Amy… you said Najia sits with you and watches the sunrise in the mornings… Did you really look for anyone when you ate me or did you just want me to come up here to watch it with you?” She had to know…

Looking back down at Abby now, the younger girl pouted as her feathers began to ruffle. “Amy looked! Amy didn’t lie! All other Nice faces weren’t there! Amy saw Mean faces but not Nice faces!” She defended further confusing the shrunken girl beside her.

“Can… can you tell me who is a *Nice face* and who is a *Mean face*, please? Why do you keep calling the others that? And, me for that matter…” She muttered dryly. Chittering quietly, Amy pointed her winged tip up to her face before tapping her feathers against her cheek softly.

“Look! Amy as Nice face! Nice face Abby knows Amy won’t do mean things, right? Crekrkrk?” Nodding slowly as she listened to the younger girls words, the Harpy giggled happily before continuing. “Amy has Nice face but Mean faces have mean ones! They do mean things like pick on Amy! Mean faced fishy calls Amy squawky! Mean face, Mean face! Nice face witch gives Amy shiny, shiny’s! Nice face, nice face!” Nodding her head as she explained it… or, at least explained it to the best of her ability, Abby soon scowled.

‘So fishy is probably Brook and she’s mean because she calls her names while Kari is nice because she gives her things…’ She kind of got it now. She didn’t know their names… She only recognized them by their faces. She was a crow… Nodding her head slowly as she started to piece it together now, Abby had to frown.

“So you’ll talk to the people you think are nice but not to the ones you think are mean?” Nodding her head in affirmation, Amy soon puffed out her chest. “Amy knows Mean faces will pick on Nice face Abby, so Amy won’t let them see you. Since Nice face Abby doesn’t like Nice face lizard though, Amy will keep you away from her…” She mumbled.

Furrowing her brow as she pondered over her last statement, Abby’s eyes slowly widened. ‘D-Does she mean Ebon?!’ How was she nice! Looking back at the raven-haired Harpy as she started to watch the sunrise once more, the shrunken human couldn’t help but shake her head.

“Amy… how do you know someones mean or not just because of something they said? Brook, the mermaid, right? She called you… squawky? Maybe it was a nickname of sorts and not to make fun of you. You can’t think like this or else you’ll be miserable your whole life. Friends fight from time to time but they also make up and grow even stronger. Don’t you think you’d be happier if you got along with the other… Mean faces, instead of avoiding them?”

Letting her statement hang in the air as the feathered girl continued to watch the view, Abby was about to speak up again before Amy beat her to it. “Amy doesn’t think Mean faces are mean. Amy feels them…” She mumbled. Looking up at the Harpy confused, the teen waited for an explanation, but, it didn’t look like she was going to give her one if she didn’t ask.

“What do you mean you feel them?” Craning her neck down quietly, the younger girl smiled before lifting one of her wings up and stretching it outward. “Thinking too much confuses Amy, so Amy doesn’t think. But when Amy feels something, Amy knows it’s good or bad, like now. Amy feels Nice face sitting with her. Amy knows Nice face Abby is good.” She chirped.

Frowning as she tried to understand the meaning behind the child's words, Abby simply shook her head. “But, what if I’m not? You barely know me, Amy. What if I’m a mean person just acting nice?” “Nope.” “But how do you know for sure?” “Nope.” “A-Amy I’m serious you can’t just feel that I’m not going to do something bad to you later!” “Nope.” “CAN YOU SAY ANYTHING OTHER THEN NO?!” “CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW”

Falling backward's a bit in surprise from the loud crowing noise she heard, Abby glared up at the smiling harpy before growling. “THAT’S NOT WHAT I MEANT!” Giggling happily, the younger girl continued to wiggle her taloned feet as the sun finally rose above the sea line.

“Harpies feel for things. We feel what we like, what we hate, what is nice, and what’s not nice. Thinking confuses things, so Harpies don’t think, we feel. Does Nice face Abby feel like Amy wants to hurt her? crekekek?” Staring down the child for a moment, Abby’s eyes slowly shifted away before she sighed.

“No… But that-“Cawing loudly as she silenced the startled girl, Amy shook her head. “Nice face Abby feels I’m also Nice face, recognizes Amy as Nice face, so Nice face Abby knows Amy doesn’t want to hurt Nice face Abby.” She chirped. Biting her lip as she listened to the strange explanation, Abby soon had to frown once more. It made… sense…

She could tell Amy didn’t want to hurt her. Sure she barely knew her but everything about her told her that she didn’t want to do her harm. It was weird, but, it felt… ‘Right…’ Watching as Amy’s foot rose upward, the Harpy soon rested her scaled digits in front of the shrunken girl before grinning.

“Does the Nice face trust Amy not to hurt her?” Feeling her breath hitch as she stared down at the large pair of talons with uncertainty, Abby soon gulped before closing her eyes. “Yes, Amy… I trust you…” “Then hold on!” Opening her eyes back up, the brunette was about to ask what she meant before stiffening as the feathery girl suddenly grabbed her with her foot.

“A-A-Amy…?” Screaming immediately as she was pulled off the cliff, the brunette felt her stomach drop as she began to free fall with the Harpy, what was going on?! Hearing a loud fit of laughter from the child, the captive human continued to scream as she saw the water and rocks beneath them getting closer! They were going to hit them!

However, as they neared the fatal water, the feathery girl’s wings shot out at her sides before she glided across the top of the water, taking Abby with her. Crying hysterically as she watched the water hovering just inches below her feet as she shot down the channel of ocean, the brunette gripped the pair of claws currently holding her shoulders in place as they both flew!

SHE WAS F-FLYING! Shuddering uncontrollably in fear, the teenager felt her voice failing her after her minute-long wailing session before it inevitably died off. Panting softly as she heard more and more laughter above her, the shrunken human was left mute by what she was witnessing.

‘W-We’re flying…’ She was actually flying. Letting go of Amy’s toes as she let herself be carried properly, Abby’s eyes drank in the site as she saw sparkles of water flashing by her in a blur as they flew across the ocean together. This… this was breathtaking…

Almost as if a switch was flipped inside of her now, the smaller girl couldn’t help but grin. THIS WAS AMAZING! She was actually flying! She couldn’t believe it! But, it seemed the exuberant girl wasn’t going to settle with hovering over the water for long.

Flapping her wings down as she almost all but froze in the air, the younger child grinned before shooting into the sky, the smaller girl’s screams following after her giggling, though, she was screaming for a different reason this time.

Crying out in laughter herself as she watched them go higher into the sky, Abby’s eyes watered from the pressure she felt but she didn’t care. This was the coolest thing that she had ever experienced! She was the first human to ever fly!

Spinning in the air as she swung her passenger around, Amy’s laughter was contagious apparently as she heard her newly acquired friend laughing alongside her. Adjusting her wings as she took her decent, the Harpy soon proved she wasn’t finished as she began to fly along the side of the large mountain they were next to.

Looking out across the sea and land as she watched the shapes of stone pass her by, Abby was left speechless as she grinned wider. ‘So this is their home…’ It was smaller than she imagined it was. On the outside, it didn’t look like more than a small rock formation but that’s why it was so deceiving. It was an actual underground cave system.

Smiling as more knowledge was given to her, Abby yipped as they began to descend to the water again. Sputtering as her feet hung over the water, the teenager looked up now as she saw Amy giggling back at her. Letting out quiet cries as her feet actually began touching the water, Abby soon realized what was going on before she planted her feet in a way that made them glide across the surface.

They were still playing! Laughing now as she danced across the sea, both girls continued this flight for a while longer before Amy soon began to ascend once more. Panting as she felt all her breath taken from her, Abby’s lips hurt from how much she had been smiling. This… this was wonderful…

Flapping gently over the spot they had once been perched upon, Amy’s leg landed gently as she held Abby in her spare before letting the smaller girl fall gently to the ground beside her. Smiling as she fell into the dirt, Abby’s face was flushed as she continued to pant, her breath coming out rugged now as she felt one of the best sensations of her life. Her whole body, she felt, exhilarated!

“A-A-Amy… That… that was… god…” Chuckling as she tried to find words to even remotely describe the feeling of flight for the first time, the Harpy cawed loudly as she extended her wings. “It felt good! Felt free! Nice face Abby felt free like Amy!” She cried excitedly. Nodding her head in amusement, the brunette giggled as well.

She was right… she did feel free. It was, almost liberating to be in the air. Like gravity held no purpose over her anymore. Was this what Harpies always felt like? What about other Hominal that flew? It… it was amazing! Falling on her back as she stared up at the blue skies above her, the smaller girl grinned goofily as she remembered the feeling.

The wind in her hair… the salty smell of the ocean as she rushed by it… her feet, gliding over the water as they raced past the sea… It was beautiful… “Hey Amy… I think I get it now… I think I understand what you meant about feeling things...” Looking back down at the smaller girl as she laid there tiredly, the Harpy simply smiled back at her, before Abby spoke up once more.

 

“C-Can we do it again…?”

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

“BIG SIIIIIIIS! BIG SIIIIIIIS! WHERE ARE YOU?!”

 

“P-PLEASE COME OUT BIG SIS YOU WIN! STOP HIDING! BIG SIIIIIIS!”

 

“KNOCK IT OFF YA EEJIT’S! SHE AIN’T HIDIN SHE WAS TAKEN!”

 

Storming down the commons in a fouler mood than usual, Casey shook her head angrily as both Emma and Ella sat on one of her shoulders screaming the brunette’s name. After losing her they had been so panicked that they ended up coming to her in the end. Had this been any other situation however she’d be damned to let these blights touch her…

This was rite pissing her off it was. Looking around for a certain girl, in particular, the redhead ground her teeth back and forth as she tried to find any clues as to where her smaller companion could be. “You two screw-ups are dead if anythin happens to her… I hope you realize that!” The Dullahan snapped, causing the two crying imps to cower on her shoulders.

“B-B-BUT IT WASN’T OUR FAULT!” “YEAH, YEAH! WE WERE TAKING HER BACK TO KK WHEN SHE WAS STOLEN!” “WE NEED TO SAVE HER!!!” “WE NEED TO SAVE BIG SIIIIIIS!!!” Screeching as their faces were clutched in both of the redhead's hands, Casey continued to growl as she shut them up. Their whining was grating on her nerves, and she already had enough problems to deal with herself.

Fatigue was setting in. Scowling as she felt her body tiring from her earlier activities the redhead tried to be calm about this but it was hard! From what the twats had said something flew away with Abby so that only really left two options for what could have done it, and she had a feeling Ebon wasn’t the one who had.

She wouldn’t have put as much effort into flying away so much as simply batting the Imp’s around before taking her. At least, she hoped that was the case. ‘Abby, you better be alive or so help me…’ Clenching her hands tighter, a loud squealing noise soon brought the Hominal out of her troubling thoughts as she felt the two Imp’s she was clutching struggling frantically. She almost forgot about them…

Letting go of their heads as she ignored their newfound cries of anger, the older girl simply paced around as she looked at the ceiling of their caverns. She didn’t know where Amary was personally but she always made her nest in the highest alcoves when they traveled. The same was probably true here too.

However, it seemed she was finally granted a break that morning as she heard something coming towards her in the distance. Pausing her walk as her ears focused, Casey narrowed her eyes as she tried to discern it or not before she nodded. It was her all right.

Watching in surprise as the Harpy she had been looking for suddenly flew down towards them, the raven-haired child flapped her wings gently before squatting down in front of Casey startling all three of them. She just landed in front of them...? Meeting eyes with one another, the Dullahan scowled as she waited. Amary wouldn’t be here for no reason meaning that if anyone had taken Abby it had to have been her.

“Well? Where is she you feathered fuck…” “YEAH, YEAH! GIVE US BIG SIS!” “GIVE HER BACK YOU THEIF!” “SHUT IT!” Watching as the Harpy suddenly hopped backward in fear, Casey ground her teeth. “AMARY! DAMN IT, JUST GIVE HER BACK, WE KNOW YOU HAVE HER!” “Casey! Stop yelling at her!”

Blinking in surprise, the Dullahan had to pause as she heard Abby’s voice… coming from the Harpy's mouth…? “Huh?! A-Abby…?” Fidgeting, around as she looked at the three of them, Amy cringed as her lips opened briefly as she began turning her head back and forth.

“Its fine Amy, Casey’s my friend. She’s a Nice face… sometimes… You can trust her, I promise.” Closing her mouth silently, the feathery girl frowned before nodding her head. Hopping back over towards the puzzled Hominal, the younger girl soon tilted her face down before opening her mouth above the ground.

Watching in confusion, all sense of calm left Casey as she watched Abby slide out from between the Harpy’s lips causing her to grow enraged. SHE WAS IN HER MOUTH?! Growing angry immediately, the Dullahan’s shadow slowly began to rise before Abby’s voice silenced her.

“CASEY! Stop! Amy was just bringing me back to someone! She didn’t do anything to me! So stop it, you’re scaring her!” Abby barked. Looking down at the teen as she inspected her, Casey’s brow furrowed in confusion before her eyes drifted to the cowering bird girl. What the actual fuck was this morning...?

“A-Abby… Are, are ya alright?” Nodding her head, the brunette smiled before looking back up at Amy. “I’m perfectly fine… although I might need a bath… Amy didn’t mean to take me from the twins... She… kind of didn’t even know I was what she took…”The brunette laughed dryly.

Looking back and forth between the child and her Abby, Casey finally sighed before nodding. “Alright, yer off the hook bird brain. Just don’t go-“ “Mean face…” “THE HELL DID YA SAY?!” Smirking as she saw Amy hopping backward's as she glared back at the redhead, Abby couldn’t help but smile.

“Like I said… sometimes. Thank you for taking good care of me Amy, I really appreciate you taking me back to Casey as well.” Smiling back at her new found friend, the younger girl nodded happily before chittering. “Nice face Abby is Amy’s friend. Amy will always take care of friends. Just like Momma does!” Nodding happily, the teenager chuckled before looking back up at Casey.

“Try to be nice to her. She’s not a bad girl Casey. Same goes for you two, don’t think I don’t see you hiding…” Abby deadpanned, a dual whined cry echoing out behind the redhead. Poking their heads out, both Emma and Ella whimpered as they saw their big sister scowling back at them.

 

“WE’RE SORRY!!!!!”

“WE’RE SORRY!!!!!”

 

Smiling mirthfully, Abby’s eyes soon widened as she felt her body being lifted upward. Looking down at the shadow that cradled her now, the brunette grinned before she slid down the black tendril and into Casey’s waiting hands. “Sheesh… ya gave me a scare ya did. Glad to see yer alright though…” Casey mumbled sheepishly.

Smirking from the feigning tone she heard, Abby couldn’t help but chuckle. She missed her. Waving goodbye to Amy as the Harpy began to flap her wings, both girls shared a quiet grin before the Hominal took off leaving Abby now once again with her friends.

“Are you really alright Big Sis?” “Yeah, yeah? She didn’t do anything to you, did she? Birdys not really that smart…” Giving the Imp siblings another deadpanned expression, the teen simply sighed. “It’s like the pot callin the kettle black, ain’t it? Heh…” The Dullahan chuckled dryly.  Looking up at Casey once more, Abby soon smiled.

“Hey, Casey… thanks for looking for me.” Blushing, the younger girl smiled weakly before nodding. “What? Did ya think I stopped lookin for ya? Sheesh, I ain’t that kinda lass, you shoulda known that by now.” Nodding, Abby smiled once more, before her lips curled into a grin.

“Hey Casey, you have something on your face…” Blinking in Confusion, the Dullahan moved her hands upwards before stiffening as she felt Abby moving forward… before pressing her face against her lips. Pulling the teenager away as she sputtered, Casey’s face lit up in surprise as she looked down at the smiling human.

“W-W-WHAT THE HELL?! W-WHAT WAS THAT F-FOR?! She just kissed her! Blushing a bit herself now, Abby’s smile never faded as she felt her small gesture of appreciation received about as well as she expected it to be.

 

“I don’t know… I just kind of, felt like it.”

 

 

To be continued.

 

 

End Notes:

 

Expect more about Amy to be revealed you guys. I was curious about this choice but I see it will play out much better next chapter so expect any answers you might have answered then instead of now.

Please review and tell me what you think and once again give a big thank you for F.W for his help with Amary. He made some strong points on her and I love how she came to be!

 

Also if you don't like her, blame him, not me. :3

 

Franchise Writer: "..."

 

See ya!

 

The Cycle Continues... by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

Welcome back one and all :D

Glad to have a new chapter up so soon~

I feel like I'm finally getting back on my old schedule!

Sadly... I doubt that will stay the same. :(

I'll try to keep this story posting as frequently as I can but forgive me if the next chapter takes some time to get out. Trust me though, I'm very, very, eager to write it for you all. It has some elements I've just been waiting to reveal to you.

;)


So enjoy and review! Your words give me fuel to write more and more! I love reading your thoughts and opinions and always, especially when you speculate my secrets!


>:)

 

“So is Big Sis YOUR mate or what!”

“Yeah, yeah! I thought you liked our Mistress Sis! Why cheat on her!”

“You shouldn’t be unfaithful you know, that’s not how mates act…”

“Uh huh, uh huh! Besides Mistress is best mate! You two are perfect for one another! Plus that makes you our Big Sister!!!”

 

Hanging her head as she heard the incessant droning of both Emma and Ella after her spontaneous act of affection with Casey, Abby was scowling now as she sat with her knees against her chest in the Dullahan’s hands, her shoulders already claimed by the Twins as they continued to ride alongside them. She was beginning to regret her decision now…

But worse than that, it didn’t seem Casey was fairing much better. For once, she was silent. Glancing up discreetly, the shrunken girl smiled quietly as she saw the permanent state of red that was the younger girl’s cheeks. She had been blushing ever since their kiss.

“I guess this is the first time I ever kissed her…’ Smiling once more at the thought of kissing another girl, Abby rested her chin on her forearms before sighing. She was so weird. But, none of these girls seemed to think so. Perhaps it was best to think more like them from now on. Then again… that’s kind of how she got into this whole mess with the two bickering Imps. Would they ever shut up?!

“Big Siiiiiiiis! Answer us!” “Yeah, yeah! Is CC your mate or not!” “Mistress and you mated, right? You had to of!” “Yeah, yeah! She went through all that stuff to mate with you after all!” “Tell us!” “Tell us!!!” “Tell us!!!” “Tell us!!!!” “Tell us!!!!!”

 

“WOULD YA TWO BAWLIN CUNTS SHUT IT ALREADY!”

 

Screeching, both siblings were soon launched off the redhead’s shoulders and into the two opposite walls beside her as Casey grew even redder as she began to pick up her pace to out walk the two blights she had been putting up with until now.

“She ain’t that bloodsuckers fuckin mate, alright! R-Right, Abby?” Letting out an inward sigh as she saw the brunette nod her head, Casey smiled triumphantly. She still had her chance! To say that she had been worried after Ella and Emma spilled their guts out about what had happened was an understatement. She had been scared for Abby, but, a part of her was even more terrified knowing that Eve had tried to do what she did…

If they had mated and formed their union… then she would never get to be with her again... “C-Casey, w-what are you doing…?” Blinking as she clenched her hands together, the Hominal let out a silent yip before opening her hands back up. “S-Sorry… I, I’m just on edge is all. Those two flying fucks are gratin with me if ya know what I mean, hehehe…” Looking back at the younger girl quietly, Abby frowned before nodding her head.

‘And it had nothing to do with Eve I’m sure.’ She was like an open book to her at this point. Pulling her knees back up to her chest, Abby grew quiet once more as she considered everything that had happened since waking up today.

She had a nightmare, almost had… sex, again… was kidnapped… made a new friend, had the time of her life, albeit a short one, met back up with old friends, and of course, the awkward conversation that they had hopefully ended. ‘And it’s not even noon yet…’

Funny how her life was now. But, she loved it none the less. Smiling thoughtfully, Abby’s eyes soon widened as she heard Ella chime in once more. “You had fun bedtimes with Mistress, right Big Sis? How come you didn’t become her mate? She takes good care of us you know. She would take even better care of you!” “Yeah, yeah! Come on, mate with Mistress, pleeeeeeease!”

Growing red in an instant, the diminutive girl was about to speak up before her Dullahan guardian beat her to the punch. “C-CAN WE END THIS FUCKING CONVERSATION?! She ain’t your bat's mate! leave it be! Abby can mate with whoever the fuck she wants! Don’t pressure her ya eejits!” Casey snapped, her face showing both anger and embarrassment from what she had just said.

Pouting, both Emma and Ella weren’t put off by the larger Hominal before they flew in front of her and crossed their arms. “Sis will be Mistress’s mate! You’ll see!” “Yeah, yeah! Mistress always gets what she wants! Besides, Big Sis loooooves her~ Hehehehe”.

Clenching her teeth angrily as she heard the playful chittering from the inbred twits before her, Casey’s eyes narrowed as her shadow started to rise on its own. “Ya want to run that by me again!” However, before anything could happen, Abby’s voice soon silenced them all.

“L-L-Lets change the subject, please! B-Big sister’s orders! Can any of you tell me more about Amy or something?” Frankly, anything was better than this but the feathery Hominal was the first thing she thought of. Looking to the two hovering Imps as they whined in protest, Casey simply sighed. ‘Ya have them wrapped around yer fuckin fingers dontcha?’ It was both amusing and troubling. It reminded her of Eveline in a way…

Glancing back down at Abby, Casey frowned once more as she thought about the Harpy in question. “I don’t know what ya want to know but I’ll tell ya what I can. Amary’s a weird one. Really weird…” Chuckling somewhat, Abby nodded before thinking about the younger girl as well.

“I guess, can you tell me why you call her Amary? I thought her name was Amy…” Scoffing, Casey shook her head before scowling down at the smaller girl. “That feathered fuck told ya it was Amy? Sheesh, and ta think Najia gave her such a hard name, to begin with… Her name ain’t Amy, but she doesn’t know that. The bird brain has just that. A tiny fuckin brain! Props were props are due though, she’s smarter than yer average Beastial but even so, she makes these two twits look like the wee boyd in comparison.” Casey smirked as she pointed her free hand towards the two puzzled Imps floating in front of them.

Looking up at Casey in surprise, Abby’s eyes widened considerably. “Wait… Amy’s, err… Amary’s, a Beastial?” Nodding her head, Casey scowled once more before rubbing her neck, her shadow seeping out slowly from her loose wrappings. “Well Duh! Did ya think she was actually one of us?! She can barely speak and she’s half an animal for cryin out loud! Beastial’s ain’t exactly the smartest type. Sure she can say some words which are more than most but come on Abby, give our kind some credit. We ain’t that stupid.” Casey snorted.

Furrowing her brow in thought, the smaller girl slowly began to nod. “So, she’s a Bestial like Nya then? Does that mean all Beastial’s are less intelligent then Hominal? I guess, it makes some sense I suppose… But, how come she could talk and Nya can’t then?” Sure the little Neko could understand her but she was to and far from having what you could even remotely call a decent vocabulary… or frankly any vocabulary…

Moving the smaller girl up to her shoulder so she could free her hands up, Casey simply shook her head. “Well to start with the cat’s been with us for only a couple months at most. She hasn’t really been trained by Najia in, anything… Amary however, was raised by her. She hatched the bird herself actually.” Furrowing her brow in thought, Abby slowly nodded.

“I learned that much. So she was raised like a Hominal then? That’s why she can speak right?” Nodding herself, the redhead soon sighed before crossing her arms. “She can, but the main issue with her is she’s more Beast then Hominal given her species. It’s rare and few for a Beastial to be as smart as a Hominal or a Human for that matter. They get a decent trade-off in raw power but they lose that in smarts. Najia tried to train the bird's mind but she just can’t seem to keep it up with her nature. But, I figure you probably know what I mean already.” Casey trailed off.

Nodding once more, the shrunken girl hummed thoughtfully as she thought about the new information she was learning. “Are all Beastial stronger then Hominal then?” Yipping as her face was poked, Abby frowned as she saw Casey scowling down at her. “That ain’t what I said… I said their raw power is stronger than us Hominal’s. It ain’t always about physical strength though. Us Dullahan, we got our shadows. The wee boyd, she’s got her magic. Hell, even these flyin shits here have their speed goin for them. We don’t always have the upper hand if it came down to a fist fight but we don’t all fight with our fists ya know.” Casey grinned before her shadow began to flicker off the walls.

Fluttering in front of Casey, both Emma and Ella nodded as well as they puffed out their petite chests. “Yeah, CC’s right! Even we could keep up with a Beastial!” “Yeah, yeah! And we’re reaaaaally weak!” Laughing, both sisters chittered with each other as they continued to fly around the now annoyed redhead. Why couldn’t they have just gone back to the damned hole they crawled out of…?

Looking between the two Imps silently, Abby was mute as she mulled over this topic in thought. ‘So when it’s broken down, Hominal are smarter than their counterparts but Beastial are stronger physically.’ It was strange. It almost seemed like Hominal and Beastial were the same as Humans and animals in that regard. If a normal Human went up against a bear he or she would die for sure. But if it was just a mouse, then it was pointless to even fight. It was exactly the same with the classes they were put in.

The number of similarities was staggering really. Had no one ever picked up on these things? ‘W-Well… I didn’t…’ But to be fair… she never really tried either. Perhaps that was the reason… no one cared to try and understand one another in this misbegotten world she was a part of…

Sulking from the dark thoughts invading her mind, Casey’s voice soon broke her out of her piteous state. “Hey, what’s with the face? Yer alright, right?” Looking up at the younger girl quietly, Abby nodded weakly. “Yeah… I’m just in awe of all the things I’ve really never considered before now. I really am lucky to be a part of this all.”

Pouting as she soon heard Casey snickering, Abby huffed before punching the child's cheek. “W-What’s so funny?! I was being serious!” Grinning in amusement, Casey chuckled before patting the shrunken humans head affectionately.

“Heh, just find it funny is all. Here ya are thinkin yer lucky, yet, we’re all the ones who thought it the other way around. If ya weren’t here after all… Najia wouldn’t be either…” Growing solemn from the larger girl’s words, Abby frowned before nodding. It seemed they were both lucky then... in the most morbid sense possible.

As the four of them continued to walk… err, ride… fly… Travel, Abby’s lips soon parted once more as she thought back to the topic prior. “Hey, you said Amy was raised by Najia, right? How come? We didn’t really get to touch upon that when we first met. It was actually a bit scary at first…” Abby mumbled truthfully.

Frowning from the disheartened tone of her Storeen, Casey’s eyes traveled to the roof of the caverns as she thought about what to say. This was a strange one even for them. “Well… I guess it just sort of happened…” Looking up at Casey curiously, the redhead sighed before rubbing her neck.

“Ya see, it happened about two years ago I’d say. This was probably two…? Two places back?” “Three!” Yeah, yeah, three CC!” “Quiet! I’m tellin her the story so shut it ya blights! A-Anyways… I guess three places back, north err here I’d say. We were traveling down south in our group like we usually did back then before some strange news reached Najia’s furry lil ears. It seemed someone had captured a, *Monster* egg…” She sighed before shaking her head.

“Needless I say, once this rumor reached us Najia was quick to react. She gets very defensive of us youngins and all.” “Yeah… Foxy lady's always been really sweet.” “Sweet like honey!” “Yes!” “SHUT IT!” Pouting, both Emma and Ella fluttered on their backs as they continued to circle the irked Dullahan as she tried to finish their tale. They were just chiming in!

Scratching her cheek thoughtfully, Casey smiled as she thought about the Kitsune in question. “She is protective, I’ll say that much… like I said. So after finding out where this rumor had come from we set out to make camp there, though, a bit away’s I’d say. We never stayed to close to any Human towns. The fox was paranoid we’d be found. C-Can’t say I blame her though with the cast we’re stuck with…”

Smiling in amusement as she looked up at the two pouting sisters fluttering in the air, Abby nodded before patting the younger girl’s cheek. “I think that was for the best too.” “Heh…  Anyways… when we did get to the town, it was about nightfall. Now, I can’t tell ya what happened that night… mostly since I haven’t a fuckin clue… but when morning came round, Najia told us we were leaving… and, and in her arms, was a big egg. The *Monster* egg…” Casey mumbled.

Wondering what all had happened, Abby grew worried. “I’m guessing it was Amy… Do you know why she was there? Did someone take her away from her parents…?” Glancing down at the diminutive girl as she listened to her pleading tone, Casey simply shook her head. “We don’t know. Najia refused to tell us. All I can say for certain is whatever she found with that Egg… haunted her. She got angry anytime anyone even asked. Do you two know anythin by chance? Now would be the time to chime in.” Casey snarled before both Emma and Ella grew confused.

“Huh?! Why would we know anything about birdy?” “Yeah, yeah? We don’t know where she came from.” Shrugging it off, Casey sighed before looking back down at Abby sadly. “Worth a shot I suppose... The Bloodsucker is probably the one to talk to about Amary, not us. She and Najia go the farthest back so if anyone else knew what happened, it’d be her. Not to mention she’s probably been in and out of the fox's mind a few times herself.”

Frowning at the lack of a decent answer, Abby bit her lip in thought. “So… she just, had her then?” Nodding, Casey crossed her arms once again as she began to walk slower. “Basically. What I can tell ya is not too long after Amary was hatched. The poor thing was a sad sight to see I’ll say that. Surprised us all when the damned bird was blind.” She laughed dryly.

Blinking in surprise, Abby was about to ask before Casey waved her hand to silence her. “I don’t mean literally, calm yerself. Since she’s ah Beastial she takes on more traits of her animal cousins. For birds apparently, they’re born blind for a few days. But, I guess Najia already knew that and prepared unbeknownst to us. She kept us all far away from Amary and made sure she and only she was there when she opened her eyes for the first time. I guess this was to ease her into our world maybe? Hell if I know… But, it worked. The damned squakin and tweetin the bird was makin was enough to drive any of us insane but Najia seemed to calm the feathered freak enough to begin raising her. Heh, it was kind of cute at first… then she grew bigger, started talkin and began pissing us all off with her stupid obsession with shiny shit!” Casey snapped.

Looking to the two other girls present, Abby had to hum in thought as she saw both Emma and Ella nodding in turn. “CC has a point… Birdy kept taking our stuff whenever we traveled.” “Yeah, yeah! And it was so unfair! She can fly much faster than us! Stupid bird! Stupid bird!” Biting back a smirk, Abby nodded once more before looking back up at Casey.

“So, she basically became a new companion for you girls then? How did she adapt to it all? You know… being around so many other girls.” Keeping her arms crossed as she mulled over the question, Casey soon shook her head. “What’s there to adapt to? She was born into the fuckery that is our sad state so she was right at home. She never grew up in a pack like most Harpies do I guess so she never knew the difference. Though I will admit… she did like flying up with birds more than walkin with the rest of us…”

Hearing her smaller companion snickering, Casey soon huffed. “I was bein serious! Sheesh, ya ask a question and get this in return. How rude can ya be?” Sighing mirthfully, Abby shook her head before smiling up at the redhead. “I believe you. Amy and I had some flying practice earlier. I can see why she likes the skies more than the ground.”

Looking back at Abby in surprise, Casey shook her head once more before crossing her arms. “Well, is that it then? I don’t know what else we can tell ya about the bird other than that. We don’t exactly have great terms with her since she’s a loner mostly.”

Resting her arms on her kneecaps, the brunette hummed thoughtfully before she nodded. “No, I think this was enough. It’s good to know why she’s so different. I guess the next time I see her I’ll try to cater myself to her mindset some more. It made communication easier once I did.”

Rolling her eyes from the understanding way Abby usually acted, Casey continued to shake her head. “Stop bein such a tender eejit, jeez… Ya don’t need to jump through hoops for us ya know…” Casey mumbled. Sometimes the amount of stuff Abby tried to do for each of them when they interacted bordered on the insane. No other Human would put forth as much effort as she already had. But, then again, that was why everyone liked her... Or, loved...

Glancing up at the still blushing Dullahan, Abby couldn’t help but chuckle. “I just want all of you to be happy. I might not have been a great person when I first came here but all of you girls have changed me a lot. Would you honestly like me otherwise if I didn’t try this much?” “Yes.” “Yeah, yeah!” “Yes!!!”

Looking up at three younger girls in surprise this time, both Emma and Ella were giggling while Casey bit back a smirk of her own. “Abby, ya mean the world to us all. We wouldn’t care if ya still resented us after everythin that’s happened to ya. The fact that ya haven’t alone says enough about yer person to us… It doesn’t matter if ya try as hard as ya do or not. We’ll all still like ya because we know who ya are.”

Staring up at Casey in silence, Abby’s eyes shifted back and forth as she looked at each of the girls but their faces told her the truth. Smiling quietly, the diminutive girl buried her face in her arms as she blushed from the unanimous answer she hadn’t been expecting.

‘I-I didn’t think everyone cared as much as they did…’ She knew Casey and Eve did… but, did everyone really like her as much as she said they did? She only really spent time around Kari, Casey, and Nya. The other girls she only saw briefly from time to time. To leave an impression like this on all of them really made her wonder…

Fluttering over towards the larger girls shoulder, Ella smiled cheerfully before gently patting the shrunken girl on her head. “Big Sis is wonderful! Don’t cry! Please? We love you so much, we mean it!” “Yeah, yeah! Don’t cry, sis! We promise we’re not just saying what CC said! We mean it!” Emma chimed in as she flew next to her sibling.

Scoffing as she tried not to laugh, Abby lifted her face up weakly as she smiled up at them. “I-I wasn’t crying… I’m, I’m just happy…” Giving the shrunken human a wide pair of smiles, both twins soon screeched as they were batted away by Casey’s hand as she growled. “Give her some space… jeez... Ya blights are as bad as that damned Mermaid sometimes…” Hearing some quiet laughter from her shoulder, the redhead soon smiled before chuckling herself.

It felt good to laugh, especially after everything that had happened since they had last seen each other. Propping her chin up on her arms quietly, Abby smiled warmly before leaning into the larger girl’s neck. “You know… even if you tell me not to, I’m still going to try and communicate with each of you how I need to. You’re all very special to me… and I don’t want to pretend your not.”

Blushing as she felt the smaller girl snuggling into her, Casey simply sighed before moving her finger down to the shrunken teens head and petting her. “Yer such a pain… ya know that?” Feeling Abby nod beneath her finger, Casey couldn’t help but smile herself.

 

“Alright, fine… be a pain… just, be our little pain. Ya got it?”

 

She could live with that.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

As they continued to move out of the winding tunnels and into the commons, all three Hominal kept up different conversations from time to time, most of it amusing to listen to. It felt surreal to her. Smiling up at Casey as the Dullahan played around with her head as they walked, both Emma and Ella chiming in from time to time trying to get in on the fun, Abby soon closed her eyes as she just listened.

Days like this… why couldn’t there be more of them in her life? Being with friends… something that almost felt foreign to her… she liked it. She liked every part of it. But… as much as she wished it to be like this from now on… she knew better… There had to be downs after ups...

 

Especially now…

 

Coming to a standstill, a habit that Casey rarely did unless something was wrong, Abby was quicker to pick up on her guardians emotions then the Twins were as the pair of Imp’s soon fluttered into the redhead’s back clumsily.

“Hey! CC why’d you stop?” “Yeah, yeah? Mistress wants us to escort Big Sis back to KK! We’re not leaving until we finish our mission!” “Shut up…” Crying out angrily at the Dullahan, the redhead made no retort beyond that as she looked around in fear. Something was wrong… she could sense it. Why couldn’t she smell anyone else’s scent… but hers?

“Casey… what is it?” Glancing down at Abby as she saw the worried look she wore, the redhead couldn’t hide it. Hide her concerns. She was here. She was here, right now. “Hey, you two… Take Abby back to your Mistress. Quickly…” Stiffening, both Emma and Ella grew pale now as they saw the older girls serious expression. She had never called Eveline their Mistress before...

“C-CC… W-We can’t take Big Sis to Mistress, she’s still sleeping!” “Yeah, yeah! What is it? What’s wrong?” Darting her eyes back and forth in the darkness that was their common ground, Casey’s shadow slowly began to wiggle to life before crawling up her back. ’37 meters…? No… 35… Damn it…’ She could sense her… but she couldn’t see her. But, she was getting closer…

Moving her hands onto Casey’s neck as she gently pet her, Abby watched as the redhead’s movements became slower. She had seen this once before. It was the first time the Twins had tried to take her. It was how she acted when she was about to fight someone.

Opening her mouth to speak, all voice was robbed from the shrunken teen however as a shadow suddenly enveloped her. Gawking in surprise as she was pulled off of Casey and tossed into Emma’s startled hands, the Hominal soon looked up before pulling her shadow up in an instant. She was here!

“TAKE ABBY TO POPPY THEN YOU SHIT’S, GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE, NOW!” Hearing a loud roar above them, all four girls paled as fire cascaded down the sides of the shadow enveloping it in a blaze. She knew it… She had been waiting here all along. Tearing through the shadow angrily, the small group of Hominal & Human turned in fear as they watched Ebon ominously rising from the hole she had made, her eyes glowing in anger as she stretched out her claws.

“Damn it… Just give up already will ya! Just how long were ya campin here?!” She could smell the younger girls scent in the cavern but it was the only one! She had set this up. Baring her teeth at the four of them, Ebon glared hatefully at the Dullahan as her tail flicked back and forth angrily. Since when did her sense of smell become so acute?

“Long enough to know Eveline won’t come and interfere this time… And, long enough to learn who all have been corrupted… By it!” Ebon snarled hatefully before directing her angry glare towards the shivering human. Convulsing violently as her eyes locked on with the younger Hominal’s, Abby was mute as she felt all sense of calm abandon her. After all… she was right.

‘S-She waited till Eve was in her trance… before coming back…’ She really was as smart as Eve made her out to be. Without her, then the others would have an even harder time of protecting her. Gulping fearfully, Abby’s body was suddenly jerked as she heard the loud screams emanating from the Twin Imps as they began running away with her.

“L-L-LEAVE BIG SIS ALONE YOU BIG MEANIE!” “YEAH, YEAH! S-STAY BACK! WE WON’T LET YOU HURT HER!” Roaring angrily, Ebon was about to hunt the sisters down before feeling her foot stick to the floor beneath her. Glancing down in annoyance as a black mass of shadows entrapped her feet, the little Dragon continued to tremble as her anger boiled over. This wasn’t amusing… She needed to deal with the Human now before Eveline woke up…

Glaring at Casey as the redhead smirked back at her, the reptilian child soon unhinged her jaw before roaring, her fire lashing out across the floor removing all traces of that shadows that had once bound her. However… her anger returned as she saw them slowly creeping back up before shaping into the same net that had held them just moments before. What the hell was this… joke…?

“Heh, ya like it? Najia always said I had potential to be as strong you or the bloodsucker ya know. Who’d thought it’d take the push of a Human to get me there.” Casey snickered as shadowy tendrils began to rise out of the floors and walls.

Tugging her leg a few times to check and see how restrictive the shadows were, Ebon soon grew irritated. It would take some time to get out of this… filth. Glaring resentfully back at the other Hominal, Ebon’s mouth slowly began to light up as she let her flames pool and drip out the sides of her lips.

“This won’t hold me… You can’t beat me. You’re not as strong as us.”  Keeping her smile in place through it all, Casey simply shook her head as her grin spread further. “It ain’t about beatin ya. The way I see it… all I have to do is make sure my lil Storeen is safe until the damned leech wakes up. Either that or the two cunts find Poppy. How’d yer last encounter fair again?”

Smirking as her response was met with a roar of anger, Casey’s eyes darkened as she started to pull her shadows together in the form of a makeshift weapon. She was nowhere near ready to fight Ebon toe to toe… but, she hadn’t been training for anything.

Swinging a large sickle-like scythe around as her shadow curved the blade to her will, Casey grinned as she watched Ebon unbind herself again… before she made her shadowy pools reform, again. This was going to be a pain in the ass… but, as long as Abby was safe, she’d deal with it.

 

Either way, she looked at it though… this was going to hurt. A lot…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Staring behind her as the two fighting Hominal left her field of vision in the dimly lit caverns, Abby’s lower jaw trembled as she tried to control herself… control her emotions. ‘Casey… please be safe…’ She knew Ebon didn’t want to hurt her fellow Hominal after seeing how she handled Kari the last time they encountered one another… but at the same time, if anyone got in her way, she could be ruthless… as evident by Nya.

Lowering her eyes in sadness, the shrunken girl didn’t have long to dwell on her troubling thoughts as a loud roar echoed out in the chamber behind them. Screeching, both Emma and Ella sprinted faster as they tiny feet carried them at surprising speeds.

“D-Don’t worry sis! We won’t let her touch you!” “Yeah, yeah! We’ll take you back to Mistress, not even Ebon knows where her sanctum is!” Wanting to believe the Shade Imp’s words, the brunette frowned none the less. Dragon’s had an unnatural sense of smell… Even if she was taken back there, what if Ebon found a way to track her down still?

And… what if she hurt the others as well for helping her…? ‘N-No! Don’t think like that!’ Casey could handle herself… and so could Poppy. And Amy could probably outfly her… maybe. And Brook could just swim underwater…

Feeling her eyes widen in shock, Abby soon began to fidget. ‘B-But what about Kari…’ The little Witch couldn’t possibly stand up to Ebon! She… she wouldn’t hurt her… out of spite, would she? Biting her lip as she tried to think it through, the teenager’s thoughts were thoroughly interrupted as another loud roar echoed out behind them… albeit, closer…

‘C-Casey…?’ It had only been a few minutes, was she still alright? Looking over her shoulder at Ella as the younger girl panted tiredly, the diminutive teen could only frown. “H-Hey, did you two get any Energy recently?” Blinking in surprise, Emma was the first to look back at Abby, but the child's face was enough of an answer for her…

“We’re alright Big Sis! Mistress was going to feed us last night, but we decided not to interrupt you…” “We didn’t want to bother you two from mating…” Ella whispered sadly. Looking back at the siblings as she saw signs of fatigue setting in, the shrunken girl soon frowned.

‘Why didn’t you just tell us…’ Eve probably would have been annoyed but she still would have fed them. Same with her honestly. They looked almost exhausted as they ran now. No wonder they had been hitching a ride of Casey up until now.

“Please, don’t wait so long to tell me next time! I don’t want either of you running out of Energy! Do… D-Do you need some now? I-I don’t know how much I can give you but if you need it, take what you need!” Looking over towards the smaller girl, both Imps simbly shook their heads much to Abby’s dismay as they continued to run at their slower speed.

“Sorry Big Sis… but we promised the Mistress we wouldn’t touch you.” “Yeah, yeah! We won’t disobey our Mistress even if you’re offering something yummy, yummy to eat.” Emma announced proudly. Scowling back at the younger girls, Abby was about to retort before all sense of concern went out the window.

Hearing a loud cracking noise beside them, both Hominal came to an abrupt stop before screaming as the wall in front of them blasted outward. SOMETHING SHOT A HOLE THROUGH SOLID ROCK! Shivering in fear next to one another, both Emma and Ella paled as they saw what had made said whole.

Stepping over the rubble as she gripped her arm, Ebon snarled gruffly before looking around, her nose twitching vigorously before her reptilian eyes slowly shifted towards them. ‘N-No way…’ She really did sniff them out…

Screeching, as she was suddenly flung backward's, both Imps screamed in fear as they took off at a speed much more akin to what they were usually capable of. It seems they found their missing Energy after all. Clinging to Ella’s pink choker strap as she almost hung in the air, the brunette grit her teeth as she tried to hold on.

Thankfully though it seemed her sister had her covered. Moving behind Ella in a hurry, Emma soon plucked the smaller girl up before carrying her over her shoulder and running ahead. They would take turns carrying their Big Sister! They had to get her away!

Swinging limply over the Shade Imp’s shoulder as she stared behind the screaming children, all color drained from Abby’s face now as she watched the horrifying site of Ebon running after them. Sprinting at a speed almost akin to the two fleeing Imp’s, the older Hominal snarled as she bared her fangs. She was gaining!

‘E-EVE, WAKE UP PLEASE! EVE, EEEEEVE!’ She really needed her right now! Running towards an intersecting wall, Both Emma and Ella glanced towards one another before nodding. They had prepared for something like this happening! Though… they expected it to be when CC was playing tag with them not when they were running for their lives…

Sprinting all the way to the end of the wall, Emma’s arms moved left before she spun around. Feeling herself airborne for a split second, gravity spun Abby around for a moment before she grunting in surprise as she was hit by something else.

Kicking off the wall in opposite directions, both siblings split apart before tucking their wings around their bodies and covering their selves as they ran. “Don’t worry Sis, I got you!” Wincing upward, Abby looked into the grinning face of Ella now as she kept her head low.

When did she switch sister?! Hearing a loud crash behind them, the brunette tried to look over the Twee Imp’s shoulder before Ella moved her head back down. “Shhh, stay quiet!” Biting her lip in understanding, the teenager nodded as she hoped their little switching act worked. It had been so quick not even she realized it occurred. Hopefully, Ebon was fooled to…

Pulling herself out of the wall she had hit, Ebon snarled angrily before looking left and right at the two departing Imp’s. Pausing momentarily, the black Dragon lifted her nose upward before taking in a deep breath. Opening her eyes as her pupils narrowed, the child soon roared before taking off after the Imp in question.

She wasn’t about to fall for something as stupid as that! Letting out a yipping screech as she heard the Dragon behind her, tears streamed down Ella’s cheeks as she tucked her wings behind her and ran at her full speed. Hiding wasn’t going to work it seemed. And sadly neither was burrowing. She couldn’t go into the tunnel walls she and her sister used with Abby in her hands!

Staring back now that her head wasn’t being covered, Abby’s eyes widened as she saw the hellish visage that was Ebon. She looked… so, angry… Her parted lips, her glistening fangs… the way fire licked out past her lips as she ran… it… it was terrifying… ‘A-And she wants… me…’ The gravity of it all… was just too painful to think about.

Reaching down and touching her newly grown legs subconsciously, the diminutive teen shivered. ‘E-Eve…’ Why did they have to fight… Clenching her eyes as too not stare to long at the face of most certain death, Abby chose instead to try and focus on something else… anything, else.

But, there wasn’t much else she could do. Clinging to Ella’s chest as the little Imp protected her selflessly, the shrunken Human reached up before gently touching her chest. “T-Thank you, Ella…” Blinking through her tears, the Twee Imp looked down confused before another roar made her jump in fright. She didn’t know what her Big Sis was thanking her for but now really, really wasn’t the time! Em was probably ready!

Zig-zagging across the tunnels floors as she kept a pace just above what Ebon seemed capable of, the smaller Hominal’s eyes darted towards the walls before a wide grin spread across her face, something Abby quickly picked up on. “E-Ella…?”

Skidding to a stop instantly once she passed over another intersecting tunnel, both Abby’s eyes and Ebon’s widened in disbelief before a loud cracking echoed out. “BYE BYE SCALY!” Looking up in shock as the rocks above her started to fracture in a pattern, the little Dragon snarled before a portion of the roof suddenly fell on her!

Covering her mouth in horror, Abby shook as she stared at the large rock that had fallen down. ‘E-E-Ebon…?’ It… it crushed her! Hearing a loud chittering noise above, both Ella and Abby looked up to the large hole where the rock had fallen from before Emma fluttered down triumphantly. It had worked perfectly!

“I GOT HER! I GOT HER! Did you see it, Big Sis! That will teach the mean old Dragon from hurting you again!” the Shade Imp announced proudly before puffing out her chest. Hearing applause from the Twee Imp and more gloating from the Shade one, Abby’s eyes continued to watch the large boulder blocking the path they had just came from. Did… Did it really crush her? Was she going to be alright?

“Hey, Big Sis! Quit ignoring me!” Blinking a few times as her eyes traveled back to Emma, the teen was mute as she tried to figure out something to say, the shock of what had just occurred still rattling her even now. She had dropped a two-ton rock on another person!

“How… How did you, do that?” Flexing her little arms, Emma chittered before pointing her spaded tail to the ceiling. “El and I made lots of these pitfalls all throughout our crawly cribs in case CC tried to chase us! We never get to use them though since she’s such a slow poke but I knew they’d come in handy in case we ran into the mean Dragon lady! Although... I didn't think she was right underneath it...” She mumbled truthfully. She had only meant to block the pathway not squish her. But, it all worked out either way.

Nodding dumbly as she looked back towards the gaping hole, the brunette was mute once more. Was… it really, over? Would Ebon, survive…? Almost wishing she hadn’t jinxed herself, however, the shrunken girl soon paled as a loud cracking noise echoed out ominously from the massive monolith in front of them.

Turning around, both Emma and Ella looked at the boulder before their eyes widened. Watching in horror as a clawed hand sprung out from inside the rock, both Hominal began to shiver in fear before the rock began to glow. “E-E-El…?” “E-E-Em…?”

Screaming as the rock exploded outward, the Twee Imp turned her back to the smoldering stones before letting out a screech as she was hit by one. Tumbling forward and falling out of Ella’s arms, Abby skid on the stony floor momentarily before coughing as a bout of dust swirled around the three of them… no… four…

Lifting her head up weakly, all blood remaining in her face drained as the teen looked on at the all imposing sight before her. Moving her clawed arms out from inside the fallen rock, Ebon’s voice echoed out darkly as she growled. Sinking her nails into the now molten stone as she pulled herself out, the Dragon kicked away the last of the rubble binding her legs before staring across from her at the two groaning Hominal that had been caught up in the blast.

Blowing out the smoke that had built up from her miniature explosive, the little Dragon huffed as she cleared her lungs. She looked even scarier now then she did before! Wiping off a thin trail of blood that was dribbling past her lips, the scaly child sneered before glaring hatefully at the whimpering Imp’s.  “Are you two done playing around? It’s over…”

Stiffening up as fear overtook her, Abby’s stomach dropped as she watched Ebon’s menacing gaze slowly shift over towards her. That was it… it, it was over… Stepping out of the boulder as her clawed feet continued to kick away the rocks that had lingered, the younger girl made it only a few feet before pausing. This was really beginning to piss her off…

“S-Stay back… STAY AWAY FROM OUR BIG SISTER!” Cupping her mouth silently, Abby felt her eyes beading as she tried not to cry. “E-Emma…” Lifting her arms off as she tried to block Ebony’s path, the little Imp grit her teeth as she made the most menacing face she could muster. They wouldn’t let her hurt her!

Watching in shock now as Ella slowly began to rise in turn, Abby was mute as she saw the Twee Imp limping towards her twin before mimicking her. Cupping each other's hands as they made a barricade of themselves, both Emma and Ella glared up at Ebon as they extended their wings outward.

 

“WE WON’T LET YOU HURT OUR BIG SISTER!”

“WE WON’T LET YOU HURT OUR BIG SISTER!”

 

Staring at the two in silence for a moment, Ebon’s slitted eyes shifted between Abby and them before she eventually closed them and began to walk forward. Screaming, both Hominal ran forward before leaping up at Ebon angrily much to Abby’s horror. Were they insane?!

“S-STOP! DON’T DO IT!” Hearing her own words fall on deaf ears, Abby could only watch in pain as Ebon’s tail rose up, before she swung her hips to the side, sending the much smaller Hominal into the wall as they screeched in pain.

Quivering on the floor, the brunette's eyes watered as she watched her two would-be defenders… roughlessly swatted away. ‘Y-You two are no match for her… YOU KNOW THAT!’ Clenching her eyes in agony, Abby grit her teeth as tears began to fall down her cheeks. It was cruel… THEY DIDN’T DESERVE TO GET HURT!

Stepping over towards the shrunken Human, her face void of all emotion, Ebon’s eyes were blank as she lifted her foot over the smaller girl. This ended now. But… first, she had to get this thing… off her. “I WOAH LE OU HUR HER!” Opening her eyes in shock, Abby looked beyond the shadow of the Dragon before her as her jaw began to shake.

Clinging to the larger child's tail by her teeth, Emma cried as she limply hung in the air. She was still fighting her… Even after all of that… she was still fighting for her… ‘G-Girls…’ Why… Why fight so hard for her!  Raising her tail upwards as she looked down at the black Imp with disdain, Ebon reached out before gripping the struggling child by her neck and dangling her in the air.

Coughing as she was wrenched by her teeth, Emma choked in the air as she felt the larger girls fingers tightening around her neck. It hurt… it hurt! Moving her thumb underneath the smaller Hominal's neck, the Dragon’s eyes narrowed as she slowly began digging her clawed digit into the weaker girls throat.

This had to end. She was tired of all of this… She needed to put a stop to it-“EBONY!” Widening her eyes instantaneously as she was called by that name, the Black Dragon bared her teeth before glaring hatefully at the one who called her it. She was going to die… but now, she was going to die painfully…

Shaking uncontrollably as she clenched her fists, tears streamed down Abby’s face as she glared back up at the larger Hominal. “DROP HER! NOW! I-IT’S ME YOU WANT! D-Don’t… don’t hurt her… please…” Hearing her own voice crack as she pleaded, a sense of relief flooded into the brunette as she watched the little Dragon oblige.

Tossing the smaller girl back into the wall beside her sister, Ebon growled gutturally before staring back down at Abby. “So be it…” Lifting her foot up without hesitation, Ebon snarled before slamming her foot on top of the diminutive teen. No more games. No more waiting. THIS WAS OVER!

Twisting her foot in anger as she ground the smaller Human into the rocks, Ebon’s eyes slowly started to narrow. Something was off... She didn’t feel it… She didn’t feel her bones snapping. She didn’t feel, her pop. Raising her foot back up with uncertainty, the little Dragon’s eyes widened to new proportions before her teeth slowly clenched together.

She… she was gone. SHE WAS GONE! WHERE WAS SHE! Roaring in anger as fire spewed past her lips, the Black Dragon screamed before stomping on the ground, the rocks fracturing and cracking from her frantic rage. Kicking the bedrock as it spider-webbed and splintered, the child huffed in outrage. WHY WASN’T SHE HERE! SHE HAD BEEN RIGHT THERE! SHE COULDN’T HAVE RUN AWAY SO HOW! HOW! HOW?! HOW?! HOW?! HOW?! HOW!!!!!

 

“Ebony… I think it’s time you and I have a chat…”

 

Turning around in fury, all anger bled from the Black Dragon… as she felt a hand clench around her neck before she was slammed into the wall beside her. Coughing in pain, the child’s eyes widened before fear set in.

Tightening her hand around the younger girl’s neck as she choked her mercilessly, Eve’s bloody red eyes glowed as she glared back at her.

 

It was time she dealt with this problem… once, and for all…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Whimpering as she covered her head in fright, Abby clenched her eyes in fear as she waited for it. Waited to be crushed… But, what she felt had been anything but a painful impact. In fact… she felt, comforted… She knew what this feeling was… This feeling, of fingers petting her, and reassuring her that she was safe…

Trembling as she felt a pair of unknown hands cradling her, the brunette inevitably opened her eyes before looking around. She was somewhere… dark… very dark. She couldn’t see, anything… But, she could still feel it. Someone was holding her.

Looking upward instinctively, Abby’s eyes widened now as she saw… something… staring back at her. Alone in this darkness, a pair of glowing red eyes stared back at her, as she was sheltered in the foreign pair of hands now embracing her…

 

But one this was for certain… this wasn’t Eve… These weren’t her hands... and these weren't her eyes… She didn’t know who this person was…

 

Or, how she came to be here either…

 

 

To be continued…

End Notes:

 

And here we are with a cliffhanger I know you all love soooooo much~~~


:P


I planned to have these segments with Casey and Ebon separate but, I couldn't justify a 5k chapter. I'm not that kinda guy anymore! >:(

So I condensed a part of it and plan on elaborating more on it later. The same could be said for Amy. Don't think I'm done with any of the girls yet just because I veer away from them from time to time. Each one will have more of their pasts flushed out with time, I assure you.

And lastly, I do hope you look forward to the next chapter. It contains a character I've been excited to write about ever since I started this story. Funny enough though, she's already made an appearance. Twice!

Can you spot her two camios?

:P


See you all soon~

 

Alone in the Dark? by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

"Sighs"

 

I'm sorry it took me so long to get this to everyone. T^T

I know you tell me not to worry about how long it takes but I do! I want to give you all new chapters as fast as I can! So please forgive me. I had to edit this one alone so it took me substantially longer then usual to do it. Still I want to thank F.W for proof reading it for me. I think this chapter turned out just how I wanted it to.

This character, is one I didn't know how to work with for a while because of how she plays into the story. But, i found my window with Ebon, so I hope you all enjoy her.

Also a side note... It uhh... it was pointed out to me that I never included her in my Imgur link before... so yeah...

 

https://imgur.com/a/gfqfz

 

Here's an updated link that will show you what all the girls look like. I hope it helps xD

 

Enjoy the story~

 

‘Dread not the dark, for, without it, the light would seem pale and meaningless. A lack of one without the other means both cease to exist. But darkness isn’t to be feared, as it is. It’s the darkness within, and the beings that slink alongside it that you should truly learn to fear…’

 

Remembering a quote of long past travel through her mind, Abby’s eyes lingered on the shadowy apparition she found herself with a while longer as both she and the mysterious being before her uttered no words to one another, both seeming to be just as scared to be in the presence of one another. Who… was she?

She could tell it was a girl holding from experience. Her hands were soft and very tender... but it wasn't her skin she was on but some kind of clothing. Holding her as if she were made of fragile glass she was too afraid to grip, the girl said nothing, as her glowing irises continued to watch her closely. Not even Kari held her this gently and she took extra precaution in her handling. This was strange, to say the least.

Another thing to consider however was this being was no doubt a Hominal… and, one that had saved her. ’E-Ebon…’ She had watched the shadow of the toddlers barefoot descend upon her. She could feel the wind against her… she had been that close. But then, she fell. Fell backward into… nothing. It was like her body had been sent into some kind of... void. And the next thing she knew, she was here.

It had to be her doing. Blinking as her senses tried to adapt to her new surroundings, Abby listened mutely as she heard the muffled sounds of water through the walls. Wherever they were it was deep enough to block out most sounds… a somewhat troubling revelation. Just knowing no one could hear her unnerved her. Even, if this girl had saved her life not even minutes before.

But, she was getting nowhere by just sitting here. This girl wasn't a threat... at least, she didn't appear to be. If she wanted to hurt her for some reason she could have just let Ebon finish her off. But, she saved her... Raising her hand partially to wave, the brunette almost jumped as she watched the glowing red irises of the new girl follow her hand's movements in the dark. Could she actually see her that well?!

Gulping, the teen bit her lip before waving once more. “H-H-Hi… U-Umm, T-Thank you for saving me… I thought I was going to get crushed for sure this time… I, I’m Abby… have, we, met…?” Looking into the scarlet pools as they stared at her wordlessly, Abby has to soon frown. Why wasn’t she saying anything?

Stiffening as she slowly felt her body being moved, the brunette started to gently slide backward’s before colliding with something, soft? Looking behind her (not that it helped her in the slightest) Abby’s hands gently touched the material beneath her before furrowing her brow. It felt soft, like cotton. Was this, a blanket?

Looking back at the glowing pair of eyes, they darted back and forth briefly before something suddenly sparked to life. Blinking in surprise as a loud scraping noise echoed in the foreign space, sparks started to fly briefly before one of them caught something and ignited, a small flame suddenly forming casting the blackened void into the light.

Shielding her eyes from the slight stinging she felt, Abby, squinted as she saw the source of the light. It was a burned out candle nearly down to its base. But, the light it was emitting was enough. She could now see who her unknown savior was.

Kneeling on the ground in front of her as she held two small flint stones in her hands was a little girl. She had black hair, the darkest she had ever seen. It was almost like it was made out of pure, shadows… giving her paler skin an almost otherworldly glow. Dressed in a long tattered black sundress, the girl wore some kind of white undershirt beneath it but, not much else beyond that. Her feet were bare along with anything else of important minus a long pair of white wrappings that covered up the length of both her arms. The only assessor she could see on her as well, was a lone red headband pulled past her bangs as either a means to hold back her long darkened locks from obscuring her face, or simply a memento of some sort that held value to her.

‘What a strange little girl…’ She looked, different than anyone she had ever seen. But, if not for the fact her eyes were both glowing and red, it was clear to Abby she too was a Hominal. Behind her dress, or perhaps the very back of it, shadows slowly wavered back and forth freely. It almost looked like Casey’s wispy darkness that seeped out from her neck.

She was one of them all right. But, whatever species she was, was lost on the smaller girl. Fidgeting as she realized she had been staring in silence for a few minutes now, Abby blushed quietly before waving her hand again.

“H-Hi… Thanks for lighting a candle. I can’t see as well as you can. S-So… what’s your name?” Blinking a few times, the child said nothing before her hands started to move. Watching her actions closely, the brunette froze instantly as she watched the unreal sight before her. ‘W-What the hell…?’

Moving her hands towards the wall beside her, the room almost as big as a crawl space compared to anywhere else she had been prior, the child's hands slowly touched the wall, before they started to turn as black as her hair, before sinking into the stone…

Watching in shock as a small pool of murky black liquid sloshed around as she made some type of a… portal…? Abby was in disbelief as she brought her hands back out, now free of the flint she was holding before the spiraling darkness faded away. What on earth was this girl?!

Casting her eyes back down at Abby, the raven-haired child smiled a small smile before moving one of her covered hands down to the ground in front of the shrunken girl. Shivering mutely as she waited for her to talk, she was surprised once more, as the younger girl began dragging her finger in the dirt as she drew something. ‘What are you doing…?’

Moving her hand back as she pointed to the drawing, Abby’s scowled quietly as she looked at what she had done. She had spelled something… “Yu… You? What about me?” Shaking her head quietly, the shadowy child smiled sheepishly before pointing to the word before moving her finger back towards her. Letting her actions sink in for a moment, Abby’s eyes widened before she nodded.

“Yu, your name is, Yu, right?” Smiling back as the child nodded once more, Abby nodded herself. “Hi Yu, it’s nice to meet you. Can you not talk?” She hadn’t made as much as a sound since she was brought here. Frowning now as the younger girl shook her head in sadness, Abby hummed quietly.

“Why can’t you talk? You’re a Hominal, right? At least, I don’t think you’re a Beastial…” She was smart enough to know how to use flint stones and spell her name out in the dirt, acts of which she doubted Nya or maybe even Amy could manage if they were asked to do so too. Not to mention the fact she had no animalistic features so to speak of.

Moving her hand up to her petite chest, the little girl lowered her eyes before shaking her head. Watching as she touched her throat gently, Abby frowned as she tried to make sense of her actions. “Did something happen to your vocal cords? Or, have you just never been able to talk?”

Sitting motionlessly for a moment, the child now known as Yu darted her eyes back and forth, before moving her hand timidly towards her stomach. Watching as she rubbed her clothed belly repeatedly, Abby thought about the meaning for a moment before she slowly began piecing it together.

‘She can’t talk because of her stomach? So… it could be caused by… hunger? Energy!’ She didn’t have the Energy she needed to speak? What type of a Hominal couldn’t use their senses if they were low on Energy? “You need Energy to speak, and you have none, right?” Feeling a pang of worry enter her now as she saw Yu smiling back at her as she nodded, the diminutive girl began to sweat now.

What if the reason she was taken here wasn’t to save her then… so much as it was to take her Energy. She just hinted that she was hungry. Gulping as she subtly crawled backward’s, her actions were almost instantly picked up on by the raven-haired girl as her scarlet eyes widened. Raising her hands up defensively as she shook her head, the child scooched backward before cupping her arms, a sad look overtaking her face.

‘D-Damn it…’ Now, look what she did… Sighing beneath her breath, Abby leaned up gently as she looked back at Yu, the larger girl almost appearing as if she were about to cry. “I-I’m sorry Yu, I didn’t mean to offend you… I’ve just had… some strange experiences with hungry Hominal before. You took me to this place to rescue me from Ebon, right?”

Sighing inwardly as she watched the child nodding weakly, Abby smiled back at her thoughtfully. “Thank you. You saved my life.” Raising her head timidly, Yu closed her eyes before giving her a wide smile. She looked so happy by her words. Perhaps she really did just want to help her after all. But, that did make her wonder… who was she?

Looking around the small crawlspace they both occupied, Abby, glanced at the basic living area that Yu had apparently crafted for herself. She was sitting on a large woolen blanket, and behind her was a tattered and torn pillow. But, past that she saw nothing. No items, no articles of clothing. Hell, she didn’t even see any other candles minus the one barely flicking on the dirt. This was a sad place for a child to live.

“Yu, is this your room? We’re still in the caverns like the other girls, right?” Nodding her head, Yu pointed to the wall closest to her before moving her hand onto it. Giving It a gently tap, the raven-haired Hominal smiled once more. She couldn’t really tell what her actions meant, but she got the feeling the younger girl was trying to assure her they were in fact still in the underground caves.

Nodding quietly, Abby’s eyes moved back to the creature before her as she tried to determine what she was. She could use shadow magic like Casey, but, as far as she could tell this girl wasn’t a Dullahan. Her neck was visible and her head was clearly attached to her body. So, what was she then?

“Yu… I don’t want to sound rude… but, what… are you? Y-You, don’t need to tell me if you don’t want to… I’m just kind of curious is all…” Abby mumbled sheepishly. She didn’t want to pry to much in case it made the younger girl uncomfortable but she was really hoping she’d tell her.

However, it seemed her question wasn’t off-putting to the child as she gave her another warm smile before moving her bandaged hand up to her face. Tapping her cheek gently, Yu closed her eyes… before her entire face began to turn black! Feeling her jaw trembling now as she saw the strange sight, Abby’s eyes shot open now in disbelief as her skin began to lighten back up… but, she didn’t see her face anymore… She didn’t see Yu…

Trembling on the ground in both confusion and disbelief, Abby was rendered speechless as she saw… Ebon, sitting before her. Looking into the face of the little Dragon as she smiled cheerfully back at her, the brunette was full of mixed feelings at the moment. ‘W-W-What the hell is this….’

She looked just like her… Every sharp fang… every dark scale… even the claws on her fingertips. She was a Dragon now… Lifting her hand up and flexing it a few times, the child smiled happily before she saw the fearful look her guest now wore. Cringing, the Dragon-Girl suddenly turned black once more before her appearance returned to normal as she saw the saddened Yu that was there before.

Raising her hands up timidly, the child bit her lip before looking away. She… she looked regretful now. Breathing slowly as her breath came out shallow, Abby quivered on top of the younger girls blanket as she saw that same tearful look from before. Why was she acting like that?

Pondering it for a moment, Abby’s eyes widened before she sulked herself. She had been scared of her. ‘Yu…’ She was sad because she had scared her. Lowering her eyes away from the nervous Hominal, Abby quietly sighed. “I-It’s alright Yu… I’m sorry. I know you’re not Ebon. You just, kind of caught me off guard. I wasn’t expecting you to just… change, like that. How, can you do that? What are you?”

Lifting her face up as water built up in the corner of the younger girls eyes, a pang of remorse entered the shrunken teen’s heart now. She was crying! Did she really upset her that much by being scared of her? Clenching her eyes tightly, Yu took a deep breath, albeit a noiseless one before moving her hand back down to the dirt.

Scribbling something else down next to her name, Abby looked closely at the upside-down letters as she spelled them out for herself. It was easier with her name. ‘Regnagleppod… D-o-p-p-e-l-g-a-n-g-e-r… Doppelganger? What the heck is that?’ The meaning of the term was something that appeared to be another person… Was this a species of Hominal? It made sense actually. She just took on the form of Ebon… scales, horns, and fearful apparition included…

Looking back up at the raven-haired girl as she rested her hands on her lap quietly, Abby read the word once more before licking her lips to speak. “You’re, a Doppelganger? That’s a type of Hominal, right?” Nodding her head to answer her, Abby smiled. This was a new breed of Hominal to her. Though, most were. She kept a good amount of species in her medical journal through repetition but she never actively read up on their types.

‘So a Doppelganger is a breed that can mimic other people… and not speak?’ Or, perhaps they could if they had enough Energy. Yu just hinted that she was low on it. Blushing faintly, Abby glanced away weakly now. “U-Umm… Yu… if you get Energy, you can talk again, right?”

Blinking a few times now, the younger girl frowned before moving her hand back down to the dirt before spelling another word. ‘Yes.’ Nodding her head despite her reddening face, Abby moved her hand down towards the hem of her dress before gripping it weakly.

“Well… if, if it helps… do, you need some of my essence? I want to talk to you but its kind of hard to if we can’t speak to one another. D-Do you want some…?” Glancing back up at the child now, Abby’s eyes widened a bit as she saw the bright blush that spread across her pale face. Immediately, however, the raven-haired child began to shake her head furiously.

‘Huh…?’ Was she turning down free Energy? Why would she do that? Frowning quietly, Abby licked her lips once more as she felt them drying up. This was embarrassing to talk about with new people! Even other Hominal and Beastial… “Y-Yu… If you think that I’m worried that you’ll do something to me, I’m not. I’m not scared of you, I promise. If you wanted to hurt me you could have already. So please, if you need my essence take whatever you need. I know you girls thrive on Energy and without it, you’ll turn Feral…” Abby mumbled worriedly. She didn’t want the child to starve.

Looking back down at Abby with a crestfallen expression, Yu continued to shake her head before moving her hand back down into the dirt. Wiping her pale fingers across her previous words, the child mutely wrote another word on the floor before Abby’s eyes widened.

“Can’t… W-Why can’t you take my essence? I don’t understand…” Looking back at the shrunken teen sadly, the younger girl moved her fingers around once more as she spelled it out to her. Taking a moment to read them upside down once again, Abby’s heart dropped instantly.

‘N-Not, mate…’ She wasn’t her mate. Looking back at Yu in surprise now, Abby licked her lips. “You… you have a mate?” Seeing a look of pain fall across the younger child’s face, Abby immediately regretted her words as she saw a small pair of tears peak out from Yu’s eyes.

Lowering her head in sadness, the child dragged her finger in the dirt weakly before looking away from the smaller human, unable to meet her eyes now. Looking back down, a sole word was scribbled in, one that caused the brunette to feel immediate pity, even if she didn’t know the circumstances.

‘Had.’ It was past tense. Her mate was gone… Looking back at the shivering child as she kept her face turned away, Abby leaned forward slowly before crawling to her feet. “Oh… Yu… I, I didn’t mean to…” Feeling her words die off, the brunette kicked herself for inquiring now. Yu looked, so sad again.

Walking over to the quivering Hominal, the brunette stopped by her knee’s before gently resting her hand on her dress covered leg. Showing no outward signs of noticing it, the younger girl remained still as she kept her head turned. Perhaps she had pushed too much… Her curiosity had been destructive this time…

“I’m sorry Yu… I didn’t mean to make you sad. A mate's someone special to a Hominal. I learned this recently. You can’t take my essence because you can only take it from your mate, right?” Watching as the child moved her head back towards her; Abby winced as she saw her tear stained cheeks. She didn’t want to see her crying…

Nodding her head regretfully, Yu stared down at Abby as she gently fidgeted with her hands. She looked, defeated. Leaning into the Doppelganger and giving her a hug, Abby said nothing as she nuzzled her gently. “I’m so sorry Yu… I shouldn’t have asked…” If she lost her mate… then she would forever be without one. Eve had told her, that Hominal only mated once, and that was it. ‘So her mates gone…’

She wanted to know how. She desperately wanted to know. Did he or, she… die? Did they just leave and she couldn’t find them? There was so much she wanted to know but she’d be damned before asking her. She had already hurt her enough by simply inquiring… and the last thing she wanted to do was hurt the person who had just saved her life…

Staring into the flickering flame as it stood nearly still in the windless crawlspace they found their selves in, the child's scarlet eyes traveled back down to Abby slowly as she saw the teen hugging her leg. Feeling her lips twitch slightly into a small smile, Yu moved one of her bandaged hands down towards Abby before resting it on the ground beside her.

Looking over at the outstretched palm, the brunette wondered what she had planned before walking onto it. Did, she want to hold her or something? Waiting for a silent answer in the form of an action, the teen soon felt herself being lifted before Yu brought the smaller girl towards her chest.

Gently cupping Abby into her, the Hominal smiled weakly as she gave her a hug, one gentler than any she had received from any of the other girls here. Blushing faintly from the warm gesture, Abby smiled in sadness before hugging her back. She just wanted a hug.

Embracing the child warmly as minutes ticked by, Abby was content to simply stay like this. Yu was a nice person to be with. She felt a sense of safety with her that she generally only felt with Eve and Casey. It was nice really. However, something was starting to gnaw at her now that she actually noticed it. The white wrappings that traveled the length of the child’s arms… they weren’t wrappings… they were gauze.

Reaching her hand behind her subtly, the teenager gave the fabric a light tug before nodding. These weren’t just bindings, they were bandages. And they ran up the length of both her arms… Leaning out of her hug, Yu soon frowned before looking down at Abby with worry.

“It’s alright Yu… I just want to ask you something. Are your arms alright?” Blinking slowly, the child frowned before turning her head away. Wondering what was wrong, Abby looked at her hands carefully, but she could see nothing. The gauze was thickly wrapped over all of her arms and even her fingertips. They were heavily applied.

“Yu… look at me.” Watching as the larger Hominal obeyed her, as most seemed to do for some reason, Abby’s face turned stern. She couldn’t continue to sit here after noticing something like this. “Tell me the truth Yu. Are you hurt?” Staring back down at Abby breathlessly, the raven-haired girl fidgeted before she shook her head indicating she wasn’t… But, she was lying. She didn’t claim to know this girl very long… but she could tell when a child was lying to her…

Giving her foot a light stomp, Abby glared as she watched the Hominal flinch. “YU! Don’t lie to me! What happened to your hands, tell me! I-I’m a Doctor, let me see! I can’t just sit here with you knowing you’re in pain. Please, can I take a look? Let me do at least that after you saved me from Ebon…”

Seeing a panicked look cross the younger girls face, Abby watched with worry as the child bit her lip and started to fidget more. “Yu… Just let me take one look, please. I have to know if you’re alright or not. Can you do this, for both our sakes?”

Clenching her eyes closed the Doppelganger eventually sulked before lowering her hands slowly to the ground. With the dirt now beneath her, Abby stepped off the Hominal’s hand before looking back up at the child as she waited… and waited… and waited…

“Yu…” Clenching her hands together, the younger girl was fully red for some reason as she blushed horribly. Wondering what this was all about, the child soon sighed mutely before lifting one of her shaking hands towards the other.

Grabbing the hem of the bandage on her left hand, the larger girl glanced back at Abby as she pouted. She looked stern and unrelenting. Sighing once more, Yu gently began to tug on her bandages before a piece came off for her to start unwrapping it.

Watching in silence as the many layers of cloth were unwound from the child’s hand, Abby's eye’s slowly started to widen, as her fingertips were revealed to her. ‘Y-Y-Yu…?’ Covering her mouth it horror, Abby’s eyes beaded now as the child’s fingers became uncovered, following not too long after was her hand, and then her arm… before the bandage came off completely, and the wound that laid beneath was shown to her.

Covering her hand… and arm, up until her elbow… was one of the most severe wounds the brunette had ever been witness to. Her forearm down… was covered in third… and even fourth-degree burns. Her entire arm was charred… parts of it even to her bone! She could see it all, in perfect, gory clarity.

Cupping her mouth harder as her stomach lurched; Abby shuddered as she saw the timid look Yu was giving her. HOW WAS SHE ABLE TO SHAKE OFF A WOUND LIKE THIS?! SHE NEEDED TREATMENT IMMEDIATELY!

“YU, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU!? Y-YOU NEED TO GET TO KARI’S DOMAIN NOW!” Looking back at Abby in a panic, the Doppelganger slowly began to shake her head before Abby’s voice cut her off. “YU I MEAN IT! T-T-This wound, its life threatening! The fact you don’t feel any pain, I… its bad! It’s really, really bad! We need to get you medical attention! N-No, we need to get you to Brook! S-She can heal burns! She helped me Yu, she can help you too. I-I’ve never seen burns as bad as this before. The only other time that anything’s even been as close to these… is…”

Blinking slowly as her words died off, Abby’s heart skipped a beat. ‘When Ebon… tried to kill me…’ Looking back up at Yu as she stared back at her in a panic, Abby’s eyes continued to bead. ‘N-No… no way…’ This couldn’t be…

“Yu… How… How did you get these burns? They're also on your other arm… aren’t they?” Sitting silently as both girls stared at one another, the Hominal before her had an empty expression on her face as her fingers continuously twitched.

As the silence rang on, however, the younger girl eventually closed her eyes before reaching her hands downward. Watching mutely as her charged arms began to fade to black and slowly be enveloped into the earth, Abby felt her stomach drop… as her arms rose out of the ground around her covering the top of her and shielding her…

Staring back at the Hominal through her parted fingers, the sad expression she wore said it all. “Yu… Y-You, you saved me… from Ebon before already, didn’t you?” Nodding her head weakly, the Doppelganger slowly withdrew her arms from the ground before cupping her hands together quietly.

Shaking her head in disbelief Abby had to do a double take now. Not only had she been saved her just a little while ago… but she had been the one to shield her back in Kari’s domain. The reason she wasn’t already dead… was because of her…

Feeling tears swell up in her eyes as she tried to process these events, Abby choked on her breath as she tried to speak. Who… who was she? “Y-Yu… W-Why… Why do keep saving me? H-How do you even know about me…?” She had saved her twice already. Who was to say she hadn’t been watching her all along…

Looking down at the crying teen in silence, the raven-haired child looked at the wall beside her before moving her other bandaged arm towards it. Following her hand, Abby’s eyes widened as she saw a small swirling black portal beginning to open up. Moving her hands into it, the Doppelganger soon began to pull on its sides before a tiny hole formed… one she could see out of.

Stiffening as she saw a small area, one she had become intimate with in-depth, the brunette was utterly shocked, as she looked on at Kari’s workbench… and even the little witch herself. She was standing beside Nya as she ground something into her morter. She could see them… she could actually see them both...

Looking back at Yu now in disbelief, the younger girl closed her strange gateway before pulling her knees out from beneath her and into her chest, her face burying itself now as she tried to hide her expression from the smaller girl.

‘Is she serious…?’ She had been spying on her for who knows how long… and, protecting her? Her timings had been, perfect. Both with Ebon trying to burn her alive and when the Dragon tried to crush her. If she had been even off by a second, she would have died.

Cupping her heart as she felt it beating rapidly, the smaller girl took deep breathes to calm herself down. This was almost too much to process. Looking back at Yu as she continued to hide her face, Abby frowned before moving closer to her.

“Yu… why have you been watching me? H-Have you been spying on me since I got here? Why are you doing this, I don’t understand?” Seeing no reaction from the child now, Abby grew anxious. Moving her arms up to the younger girls black dress, the diminutive teen gave it a light tug as she tried to get her attention.

“Yu, answer me… please! I-I’m not upset, really. I just need to know. Why, have you been doing this? You’ve been watching over me… haven’t you?” Lifting her head up weakly, the Doppelganger shifted her eyes down to Abby before giving her a tiny nod.

Smiling back at the child weakly, Abby nodded herself before hugging the larger girl once more. “Yu… Thank you. I really appreciate you doing that. But, why did you? How come you didn’t show yourself to me until now?” Watching as the child’s eyes turned teary, Abby paled. What did she say?!

 Sniffling weakly, the Doppel’s other hand moved down this time as she wrote something else into the dirt. ‘Scared…’ Looking back at Yu confused, the teenager was about to ask but the larger girl wasn’t finished. Moving her finger back and forth through the dirt, Yu stopped eventually before looking down at Abby crestfallen.

‘You fear me…’ Blinking in surprise, Abby furrowed her brow now. “Yu, what are you talking about? I-I’m not scared of you.” Shaking her head, the child wiped her eyes down before pointing to the wall beside her. Watching silently, the smaller looked on as she saw the Hominal’s hands pass into the stone… before she heard a swirling watery noise behind her.

Turning around and almost jumping, Abby felt a sudden sense of déjà vu pass over her now as she saw Yu’s hands reaching out from the wall behind her… This felt… familiar… As she stared at Yu’s hands moving back and forth around the swishing murky gateway, Abby’s eyes slowly started to widen. She remembered now… She had met Yu before…

It had been almost a week ago… when Emma and Ella had been tracking her down. She remembered it all now… and… she remembered how she reacted to it to… ‘N-N-NO, S-STAY AWAY FROM M-ME! DON’T TOUCH ME!’ Fidgeting as her mind went over her earlier actions, Abby’s eyes fell before she clenched them shut.

“Y-Yu… I… I didn’t mean to… I’m sorry…” Stiffening as a hand moved around her back, Abby relaxed and leaned into it as she felt herself rising up to meet the Doppelgangers saddened face. She really had been watching over her this whole time, or, at least as long as she and Kari had been working together.

Staring into the child’s scarlet eyes as they both wore a saddened expression, Abby broke contact first as she sighed softly. “Yu… I’ve changed a lot since I first came here. I’m sorry if I made you think I was scared of you. I’m not, I promise. So thank you… thank you for looking after me. I’m just sad we couldn’t have met earlier…” She mumbled. She seemed like a very sweet and kindhearted girl.

Feeling a small patting on her head, Abby looked up to meet the Doppelganger’s eyes as she gave her a cheerful expression in return this time around. ‘How could I ever be afraid of her…?’ She had only just met her and she was bordering on the kindest soul she had encountered since coming here… or, in her life.

She had to repay her… and the first thing she had to do was heal her hands. Looking down at the charred arms of the raven-haired child, Abby’s expression turned stern before looking back up at her. “Yu… we need to get you to Brook. I’m serious. You can’t leave your arms bandaged like this or else they can get infected or worse…”

Opening her eyes back up, the larger child gave the much littler human a small frown before shaking her head to tell her no. “Yu! I’m not asking you! We need to help you now! If you aren’t in any pain from these injuries then that means all of your nerves have been burned away! Your hands Yu… they’re decaying… We need to help you. Let me help you this time!” Abby argued once more. She didn’t know why the younger girl was disputing this but she needed to get help!

Fidgeting in place for a moment, Yu quietly turned her head away before shaking it once more, though, this only anger the teen even more. “YU! WHY WON’T YOU GET HELP?! You need it!” Pulling one of her hands away weakly, the Hominal smiled in a sad way before moving her arm down and touching her stomach.

Looking back at the child confused, Abby continued to watch her before scowling. “Yu, I don’t understand what you're trying to say. Help me, please!” Keeping a sad smile on her face, the younger girl moved her hand down to the ground before drawing in the dirt once more. It seemed this might be the only way they could ever really communicate… She just didn’t understand the actions of the younger girl.

‘I’ll heal… Energy…?’ Looking back at the shadowy girl as she moved her hand back to her stomach, Yu smiled weakly before rubbing her tummy once again. That’s what she meant! Could she heal with her Energy? Looking over Yu’s arms once again, Abby’s eyes soon caught sight of something else… the dark shadows that flowed freely behind her.

‘She has magic… I almost forgot…’ It was just like Casey’s. She had healed from some nasty injuries overnight by using the essence she gave her. But, Yu didn’t have any Energy to spare… How did she plan on healing? Looking back at the Doppel with worry, the brunette was about to ask, but it looked like the larger girl had her covered as she began to write In the dirt once again.

“Najia…” Looking away from the Kitsune’s name and back at Yu, Abby quietly shook her head. Did she expect to get her Energy, from Najia? “Y-Yu… Najia’s still unconscious. She can’t feed you! You have to know that. How does she feed you though, I don’t understand. I thought only your mate could feed you…”

Looking down at Abby crestfallen, Yu’s expression turned dark at the mention of her mate as she quietly closed her eyes. “Yu…” Letting seconds tick by wordlessly as she watched the Hominal, Abby gently gripped the younger girls charred fingers… but, it didn’t look like she felt even that.

“Yu… I don’t want to ask you something that you don’t want to talk about… but I need to know. How do you plan on getting Energy without your mate? Najia’s unconscious, she can’t feed you… and you can’t just wait for her to heal. By the look of your hand… I’d say you only have another day or two before the damage becomes irreparable. You need to tell me how you can get Energy. I don’t care what it takes… I’ll get it to you!”

Opening her eyes back up, a hint of emptiness within them, Yu turned her head back to Abby weakly as a saddened smile fell over her face. She hated seeing it. A face like that… didn’t belong to a child like this. Moving her hand down to the ground, Yu paused momentarily as she glanced back at Abby before closing her eyes once more and writing something down.

‘Mate has gone… Energy can share… with bond…’ Looking up at Yu confused, the Doppel furrowed her brow before wiping away her words and trying again. There wasn’t a lot of room to write with, and the dim lighting of her burnt-out candle wasn’t making it any easier. Squinting her eyes as she tried to read the longer sentence, Abby soon felt her stomach drop… was… was this true?

“Energy can only be shared, with someone you have a bond with? What do you mean by a bond Yu? I still don’t get it.” Moving her hand up towards her chest, the raven-haired child patted her heart softly before looking back down at Abby.

Staring into the younger girls scarlet eyes quietly, Abby frowned now. “You can only share Energy with someone you like… or, someone you love, is that it?” Feeling her hand's clench as the Doppelganger nodded, Abby soon growled. “I got that! What I don’t understand… is why you can’t take my essence then!”

Fidgeting, the younger girl tried to touch her chest again before Abby grabbed onto her finger to stop her. “I LIKE YOU! I LOVE ALL OF YOU GIRLS!” Stiffening, Yu’s eyes widened as she stared down at Abby’s angry expression… did she do that…?

Glaring up at the younger girl Abby continued to clench the child’s charred digits as she tried to control herself. She was angry now. Did Yu really think she didn’t care for her after learning everything she did?! “I like you Yu! You said you can only take Energy from someone you have a bond with. Well, we just made one! I care for you Yu and you care for me. Tell me that’s not what a Bond is! Take my Essence and heal! I WANT TO HELP YOU!” She shrieked.

Looking back at the larger child as her jaw started to tremble, her timid look turned into one of sadness as tears slowly peeked out from her eyes, before she began to cry softly. Keeping her expression stern, Abby held onto the girl's hand as she hugged the remaining bandaged fingers.

“Yu… I-I know I’m not your mate… I’m not anyone’s mate. But even so, I have a bond with everyone here wither they realize it or not. Some are stronger than others but I care for everyone, even you. So please, stop crying, and let me help you… just like you’ve been helping me.” Abby whispered.

This wasn’t about repaying some debt. She really cared for her… and she hated to see her cry. It was making her heart, ache. Sniffling weakly, the Doppelganger’s lower lip trembled before she looked towards the dirt. Pulling her hand away from Abby’s arms, she soon wrote something new out causing the brunette to almost laugh.

“You’ll scare me? Are you serious Yu? I’m three inches tall… powerless to everyone… and I’ve almost been killed every day this week. I’m always scared. But you don’t scare me. You don’t because I trust you.” Abby whispered calmingly.

Looking back at the teenager in silence, the Doppelganger gulped before licking her lips. It almost looked like she was about to say something. But, her hand soon moved back to the dirt as she wrote on the ground once more.

‘Do you want me to… change…?’ Blinking a few times, the teenager furrowed her brow before looking back at the Hominal. “Change what? What are you talking about?” Watching as a bright blush invaded her cheeks, Yu closed her eyes before her body suddenly became darkness. Feeling the hand beneath her shift a little, Abby looked up at the faceless void before it dawned on her what she meant.

Looking into the eyes of Eve now, albeit, a very timid looking one lacking the usual grace she held, Abby quietly sighed. “Yu… you don’t need to pretend to be someone else for me. Please, just take as much as you need. I don't care what you look like. It doesn’t bother me… not anymore.” She whispered, a small smile spreading across her face. She honestly didn’t care anymore. She was here to help Yu… The fact that she was a girl didn’t matter. She was just someone she cared about in need.

Shifting her shape and form back into her original one, the raven-haired child continued to blush before nodding her head weakly. It was almost funny. None of the other girls here acted like Yu when it came to something like this. It almost reminded her of… well, her…

Rubbing the younger girls finger reassuringly, Abby chose to take the first step for her. Hiking up her dress, the diminutive girl pulled it over her front as she took it off herself, her nude form now displayed openly. She really had to talk with Eve about making her some underwear once she saw her again… It was convenient, but not very modest…

Lighting up red as she saw the naked teenager, the little Doppel bit her lip before glaring at Abby’s form, her fingers twitching subconsciously as she tried to figure out what to do. Lifting her dress up and tossing it off the younger girls hand and down onto her woolen blanket, the smaller girl sighed before turning back around, a blush of her own now covering her cheeks. This was the first time she stripped for someone else. Usually, it was the other way around…

“W-Well… go ahead Yu. Do what you need to do. I don’t mind. And, I’m not scared, got it?” Nodding her head weakly as she continued to gaze at the smaller girl longingly, the Hominal eventually found some initiative as her still clothed hand moved over towards Abby before leaning her into it.

Following Yu’s movements, the brunette was soon laid down gently on her palm as she waited for the younger girl to do what she needed to. Each of the girls moved at their own pace. And it seemed the Doppelganger was more akin to Kari’s being almost reserved if not outright about an act like this.

Lifting the shrunken human up towards her mouth, Yu’s nose twitched lightly for a moment before her eyes glowed a pale reddish hue, and almost immediately after… the candle that lit the room with it’s warming light, extinguished.

Looking around wide-eyed, Abby shivered involuntarily as she saw nothing around her… not even, the glowing eyes of the Hominal that had been there before. It was completely, and utterly pitch black. The darkness… it felt, invasive. Gulping as she held back a shudder that wanted to travel down her spine, a gentle touch soon brought her back to the present as it reminded her. She wasn’t alone.

Closing her eyes since it didn’t seem to matter, Abby took a deep breath before relaxing. If this is how Yu wanted it, then she’d gladly do it for her. Besides… it felt, kind of fun. Feeling a hot warmth wash over her naked body in the windless chamber, the brunette breathed it in as she smelled what she could only guess to be Yu’s breath.

It wasn’t unpleasant, but, it had a distinct lack of smell. It was almost like the air was simply stale. Eve’s had a rich fruity fragrance… and from what she recalled, Casey’s had been almost completely erotic. But, that might have been because she used her own mouth to play with herself…

Blushing as she remembered those pleasant memories, a light touch to her stomach caused the smaller girl to gasp. It felt wet! Shuddering, Abby couldn’t hold her movements back this time as she enjoyed it. Was it Yu's tongue…? It was so gentle… so loving. How, how could she think she’d be afraid… of this?

Letting out a quiet moan, the teen writhed gently on the clothed hand of the larger girl as Yu’s tongue continued to travel up and down her stomach, almost like it was tracing circles on her belly. But, if she had to take a shot in the dark… literally, then she was cleaning off the essence coating her skin. Sweat, cum… blood… tears… it could all be used for Energy. And she’d shed any for the little Hominal who had done so much for her in silence up until now.

Feeling her breath hitch, the brunette whimpered softly as her toes were slowly enveloped in a plushy warmth, and something wet wiggling between her digits tickling her sensitive soles. Could she see in this dark? Or, was this instinct? She didn’t see her glowing eyes anymore… but, if she opened her own she might. It felt like a surprise would be ruined if she figured out the answer though, so she opted instead to remain curious.

And yet, Yu wasn’t finished. Feeling her body lifted up, the plushy warmth that enveloped her feet was now up to her knee's. Was she in her mouth? Or was it something else? What was going on… All she could do though was continue to feel it. It felt good… to embrace this feeling. And a part of her wondered why her older self fretted so much about it. It seemed… kind of ridiculous now. This was peace.

Moaning weakly, Abby’s eyes clenched as she felt more and more of what could only be the Doppelgangers tongue licking along the underside of her legs, beneath her knees… between her thighs… on, her crotch… against, her folds…

Shivering from the traveling tongue, the brunette panted as she felt her excitement rising. ‘T-Take… take it all Yu…’ She could take all of her Energy. Almost as if her thoughts had reached the child's, Abby cried out as she felt a forceful prod against her quim, the wiggling warmth of Yu’s appendage digging into her crotch as it grind against her.

Bucking into the Hominal weakly, the teenager moaned as she felt the wonderful feelings coursing through her… her own feelings. It felt nice… and it felt great. She was happy… and she was making someone else happy… She wanted to feel it more.

Reaching her hands down so they were touching against the cushioned lips she left wrapped around her midsection, Abby rubbed herself back and forth as she tried to aid Yu, but, it seemed her advances weren’t needed, as her hands were moved away.

Opening her eyes in confusion, the smaller girl half expected to see a pair of crimson irises staring back at her… but only this darkness remained. It was like a void… no, it was, the void, eating her up. Feeling a faint pang of fear now for some reason, Abby closed her eyes again as she focused on the pleasure instead. It felt good… and it was because of Yu.

Smiling happily as she remembered the smiling face of the Doppelganger, Abby nodded to herself before inhaling sharply, as her breath caught in her throat. Her lips, they were moving up more. Like a coil of sensation traveling up her spine, Abby whimpered into the younger girl as she felt her lips now beneath her breasts, as she was pulled in deeper.

Reaching her hand down again, the brunette gently cupped the soft lip before her, before Yu’s finger moved down again. This time, however, instead of simply nudging her aside, it rested on her right breast. Gnawing on her lower lip, Abby nodded in the darkness as she felt the spikes of electricity prickling her chest. This felt, somewhat new.

And it seemed Yu liked it too. Crying out as her sensitive chest was toyed with in circles by the child's… finger? Abby panted happily as she wrapped her legs around the large tongue that was advancing on her. She still wanted more though…

Trembling as Yu’s mouth moved further up, the brunette sputtered weakly as she felt the younger girls lips wrap around her neck. How big was her mouth?! She was almost completely inside of it! ‘I-It really does feel like I’m being eaten by darkness…’ Paling from her thoughts, Abby grit her teeth before opening her eyes.

Staring into nothing, Abby focused as much as she could as she tried to see anything. Yet, she couldn’t… she couldn’t see Yu. She was just, being… devoured… And she felt… fear. Feeling the movement of the younger girls tongue pause, Abby breathed slowly at first as she caught her breath before closing her eyes again.

‘I’m not afraid… I’m not… afraid…’ It was Yu… and she cared for her. This was nothing to be scared of. This wasn’t, a Monster. This was… a friend. Feeling the child's tongue pick up slowly where it left off, Abby nodded her head in encouragement as she let Yu do as she pleased. It almost seemed unreal how she was able to pick up on her feelings when they couldn’t see each other…

But, she had to keep reminding herself that this was Yu. There was no point being afraid of the darkness. Yu was the darkness. And she needed to eat. Gritting her teeth softly as the younger girls lips left her neck, Abby clenched her eyes tightly as she knew what was going to happen next.

 Feeling the pair of lips cover her whole head, Abby was soon bombarded by her senses. She was wet, all over… the walls around her were spongy and moist. Her skin, it was sticky… and the massive appendage in front of her was clinging to her like a long time friend. She was in her mouth now… wasn’t she?

She could be anywhere… but, it felt like a mouth. The air felt nonexistent… and the walls, while familiar to folds were somewhat the same. She was inside of Yu… one way, or another. But, it didn’t matter much which hole it was. Her mind was playing tricks on her after all.

For all she knew… she could even be sleeping on the younger girls hands, and this was all just a dream. So no matter what outcome it had, she was going to enjoy it. Feeling the wet appendage before her grant her wishes, Abby croaked as she was pressed into the side of the younger girls softer crevice.

Was this a tongue… a finger? She couldn’t say. But it was pleasuring her… and trying to drain her of her essence. She needed to feed it… to feed, her. Rubbing into the appendage as she let it slather her body, Abby coughed as her mouth was flooded with liquid. It tasted, bland… like nothing, again…

The balmy feeling around her, it was unreal. She felt like she was laying in a pool of water… water that was moving her around by its waves and fondling her every crevice… It was seeping into her… and, into her folds. Moving her hand down to her crotch as she touched herself, Abby whimpered louder as she felt her body reacting to all this stimulation.

She couldn’t keep this up. She was reaching her peak. The Foreplay… the relaxing massage of her touch. Was this intentional? Was this just how she fed? It still didn’t matter… She was about to climax! Trying to hold off her impending orgasm, Abby tried to hold back, but, Yu didn’t let her.

Driving something into her hands and in turn, inside of her, Abby’s eyes shot open as she screamed, she couldn’t contain it. Writhing in ecstasy as she wailed, Abby’s entire body began to spasm as she felt herself climax into the void all around her.

Thrashing in the dampness of her fleshy prison, the teenager bucked gently as she wailed before her body fell limp… and fell further… falling backward as if some kind of portal had opened to accept her, Abby fell through the air in a haze as her body tingled all over… She… was in heaven.

Landing with a splash into what felt like an ocean, the brunettes head submerged as she sunk around and let the waves guide her body, her exhaustion evident as she felt all freedom stripped from her. She was at the mercy of this darkness… and it was entrapping her. But, she liked it.

Closing her eyes as her breath came out weakly, Abby drifted freely in the air as her mind tried to comprehend this feeling. She felt like she was in an swimming… her body was underwater… yet, she could still breath… was this, the other side of the darkness?

It wasn’t scary at all. It was felt wonderful actually. Falling abruptly, Abby soon gasped before coughing loudly as her body impacted with something soft. Reaching around her back as she continued to spit whatever it was in her lungs out, the teenager looked around in confusion. What... what just happened to her…?

Hearing a light clicking noise, the brunette soon focused on it before seeing some sparks flickering in front of her before a light slowly began to grow and take shape into a flame. Casting the caverns in light, Abby was blinded momentarily as she had been the first time, as a candle dimly lit the chambers around her.

Squinting softly as she tried to see, the diminutive girl opened her eyes fully now, as her face met the smiling one of Yu, the raven-haired child giving her a warm look as she drank in her form. Looking down quietly, Abby felt her mouth go dry as she stared at her body… This felt, so wrong…

She was clothed. Leaning up slowly, the dampness prior all but gone, Abby frowned as she saw the soft woolen blanket behind her. Did she pass out? Or, did she imagine all of that? She felt like her body had been drowning in some kind of sea… and it was bathing her in its relaxing waves. She had been soaking in them… and yet, here she was…

No sweat caked her skin… and no dampness in her loins. Even her mouth felt dry. ‘Was any of it... real?’ Looking up at the smiling Doppelganger as her eyes continued to glow red, Abby was about to speak… until Yu beat her to it…

 

“Thank… you… Ab-by…”

 

Staring back at the child with disbelief, Abby all but gawked as she let the younger girl’s voice echo in her mind. It sounded like an angel… Smiling slowly, the smaller girl soon grinned as she stared back up at Yu now. She didn’t know what was real or not anymore… but, she had helped out, a friend.

“Yu… you can talk again? What about your arms? T-They’re healing now… right?” Giving the teen a silent eye smile once more, the Doppel lifted her arms up as she showed her hands to the shrunken girl. Staring in disbelief, Abby was at a loss for words now… as she looked at the perfectly normal hand in front of her. No burns… no flesh rotting away… She was healed…

‘H-Her arms already healed back to normal?!’ What type of regeneration was that! It took Casey a full night to fix herself and it even took Brook hours to repair her legs… ‘And she just did it in seconds…’ Well, minutes. Maybe hours…? She had no sense of time in this cave anymore… and she didn’t know how long the Hominal had been feeding off of her either…

But, the proof she did was right in front of her. Looking at the fully restored appendage, Abby’s eyes slowly shifted over now as she looked at the still clothed arm on the other side. “Both are better… r-right?” Remaining silent. Yu nodded quietly before lifting her bandaged arm up and showing it to the shrunken human.

Peeling off the corner of her gauze, Yu began to unravel it for Abby to see before it fell away like the other had… and beneath it, this time, were no burns or injuries. She was fully healed for sure. Smiling broadly at the younger girl, Abby tried to stand up, before feeling her legs give out under her. Falling back into the blanket, the teenager grunted in discomfort before looking down.

‘W-Why does my body feel so heavy?’ She felt like she had an extra twenty pounds on each of her ankles. Seeing movement in the corner of her eyes, Abby soon looked back to Yu… but, her hand was in the dirt, as she began to write something to her.

Looking down at the words, Abby scowled as she read them… not so much for what they said, but because of the fact Yu was still writing on the ground and not speaking. Her voice had been, angelic. ‘Took lots of Energy. Rest.’

Looking back at the younger girl, Abby continued to frown as she leaned up to sit better. “If you took that much, then how come you’re not talking? Are you out already?” Nodding in sadness, Yu soon smiled before cupping her hands together and resting them on her lap. Even though she was already out again… she looked so, peaceful about it…

Pouting for not being able to heal Yu all the way, the brunette was about to offer up more for the younger girl, but, it seemed Yu had caught on to what she planned to do as she moved her hand back down to the dirt.

‘Don’t. I’m fine. You need rest.’ Looking back up at the smiling Doppelganger in concern, Abby soon felt a pair of hands wrap around her as she was lifted upwards. Smiling warmly at the little human, Yu stared longingly at her before moving the smaller girl up to her cheek.

Feeling her body pressed against the child’s face, Abby quietly sighed before smiling herself. This was a start at least. She just hoped that she could do more for the raven-haired girl… considering she had already done more than enough for her in turn.

 

One thing was for certain though. She wanted to know more. She wanted, to meet the real Yu…

 

 

To be continued.

End Notes:

 

Well I hope you all like and Enjoy Yu. I added in some secrets this post so if anyone see's them, feel free to guess. I love your thoughts and they do spur me on so~

 

So i'll try to have the next chapter up soon, I promise.

Bye for now~

Grief, And Sorrow by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

 

Welcome back everyone. I'm sorry to be away for so long again. This chapter was much longer then I expected it to be. I had to write and scrap lots of different idea's and outcomes... and cry... but, I think I finnaly found the combination I wanted for this chapter.

 

So I won't prattle on to much. I just want to say thank you again to everyone who reviews and reads my work. It means the world to me and I feel like I don't say that enough.

 

Thank you, for sticking with me for so long. :)

Enjoy

 

 

“Okay… How, about… Brook?”

 

Watching in amusement as she sat on Yu’s lap, Abby smiled in silence as she watched the little Doppelganger tearing open a small gateway to the Mermaid’s caverns. As they peered through the small hole she made, the brunette had to stifle a laugh as she saw the younger Hominal splashing on top of her middle pool as she tried to do… whatever the hell it was she was doing. ‘Is she trying to walk on the water?’ But, she has fins!

Snickering softly, the raven-haired girl quickly closed her gate as she saw the younger girl turning her head. She had found out that Yu didn’t like being seen by the others. But, it wasn’t fully revealed to her as to why… yet. “So you can really see anyone in the caves with your magic?”

Nodding cheerfully, Yu moved her newly healed arms forward before forming a new portal for them to look through. This time, however, it appeared to be the front of the caves near the entrance… with a sleeping Oni passed out against their corner of the rocks they used to block the door to their cave.

‘I really shouldn’t be surprised…’ Abby scowled. She was probably passed out drunk like this more then she cared to imagine. Closing the gate once more, Yu moved her hand down beside her before scribbling into the dirt as her means of communicating.

‘Anyone else?’ Humming thoughtfully from the offer, the shrunken teen wondered if she wanted to check up on Kari again, but, she had been pretty oblivious to their spying before. ‘She’s probably still at her workbench making medicines…’ The little blonde needed a break sometime soon or else she’d burn herself out again.

Feeling a tugging inside her, Abby soon frowned before looking up at the Doppelganger with hope. “H-How about Casey… C-Can you see her yet?” Growing sorrowful, Yu closed her eyes as she reached one of her hands into the wall… before withdrawing it in sadness.

Sighing as the Hominal shook her head, Abby nodded. She had got into this little peeking session when she inquired about the redhead… but, Yu couldn’t find her… or the twins… or even Eve… Did she not know where they were… or, did she just not want her to see something bad…

‘Ebon…’ Thinking about what the little Dragon might have done, a calming hand was soon draped over her by the noirette bringing a small smile to her face. “I’m fine Yu… I’m just worried about the others. I can’t contact Eve… She’s not responding. Is… it wrong to think the worst…?” Abby mumbled before looking up into the Doppel’s eyes.

Shaking her head, Yu smiled warmly before moving her hand back down to the dirt beside her. ‘Vampire is strong. She’ll take care of Dragon.’ Yeah… but hopefully not for good. Once she found out that Ebon attacked them she was going to be pissed off for sure…

Leaning into Yu’s hands as she was gently cradled, Abby closed her eyes before yawning tiredly. She still felt drained from her earlier activities with the larger girl. Hopefully, it would wear off soon. She wanted to go back and check on the others… but it was kind of moot until Yu could locate Eve’s ware bouts.

‘Eve… where are you?’ No answer, again. Was she still in her trance… or, did something happen to her as well. She had really ticked off the fire-breathing toddler with her last remark towards her. ‘I wonder why she hates being called Ebony so much…’ It had to hold some kind of meaning towards her. Maybe Eve could tell her next time she saw her…

Looking back up at Yu in silence, Abby soon smiled as she saw the glowing eyes of the Doppelganger staring back at her affectionately. “Can you keep me posted if you catch sight of Eve or Casey Yu?” Closing her eyes and nodding cheerfully, the raven-haired child moved her hand back towards the wall before rooting around inside of it as they sat back.

It seemed she had some type of visionary capabilities. It was kind of fascinating really. She didn’t even know how the younger girl was searching around the way she was. “Hey Yu, how are you doing that? Looking for the other’s I mean?” Pausing her movements, the Doppelganger pulled her hand out from the wall momentarily before moving over to the ground instead.

Watching as the child scribbled on the ground, Abby’s eyes widened. ‘Shadows are eyes…’ Did she mean she could see out of any shadow?! They were inside a cave! “S-So… anywhere your shadows touch… you can see?” Nodding her head briefly, Yu paused before scowling herself and shaking it instead.

Erasing her words and writing something new again, the brunette continued to read it as the Hominal tried to explain it better to her. ‘Every shadow's a door. Every door I can see through. All shadows I can go through.’ What type of power was this…? It sounded almost, omniscient…

‘So I guess that’s how she knew so much about me…’ If any shadow could act as a window to her then that meant literally every square inch of these caves were known to her. Though, that begged the question as to why she couldn’t find Eve then.

“Are there limitations to your ability Yu? Shouldn’t finding Eve or Casey be as easy as it is with the others?” Shaking her head solemnly, the Doppelganger moved her hand over towards the wall before it faded to black and entered it once more.

 Watching in silence as the child opened a small hole for them to see through; Abby frowned now as she saw a corridor that was brightly lit. ‘Are those candles?’ As far as she knew only Eve used them. The rest of the girls had some other means of lighting, be it Kari’s glowing fungi or magic, glowing… water.

Tugging on the hole towards the light, however, Abby soon realized something. The child couldn’t move it any closer… almost like there was a barrier of some kind preventing her from doing it. As she tugged it away from the light however the portal moved with ease.

‘It can’t go into the light…’ Looking up at Yu as she withdrew her hand now, Abby quietly nodded. “So… Eve’s near some kind of light, right? That’s why you can’t find her? Because you can’t open up windows in brighter areas?” Spelling out the question with multiple questions just to make sure she had it all right, she was soon rewarded by the Doppelganger as she nodded.

‘Fascinating indeed.’ This was something new to file for later. It made, sense. There were shadows reflected off of light but unless the shadows were present themselves she couldn’t use them even when the light cast shadows for her to see through.

Feeling her brain beginning to hurt as she tried to analyze it, the brunette let out a quiet sigh before massaging her temple. ‘You girls are to strange for me to figure out…’ While she was on the topic of all seeing shadows she might as well look into headless girls, living water, or being able to move two-ton boulders with your four-foot body…

Smirking mirthfully, the teenager leaned into Yu as she used her as a bed. She wasn’t cut out for trying to analyze stuff like that. She could probably just chalk it all up to magic in the end… but, a part of her refused to do that. But, it was as Casey said. Human logic didn’t apply to Hominal… or Beastial for that matter. Amy probably shouldn’t have been able to fly with her wings so small. Perhaps her body was lighter then it looked?

‘Stop it…’ Nodding her head as sighing once again for almost going back into that never-ending spiral, Abby opened her eyes as she watched the candle flicking slightly in the cramped chamber they were in. It was probably going to be a bit longer before the Doppelganger found either of her two guardians… so maybe it was a good time now to ask this of her…

“H-Hey… Yu… How did you end up in these caverns? Well, no, I guess what I really want to ask is how you ended up in Najia’s care…” The brunette whispered. She had a hunch it had something to do with her mate's death… or absence. She still didn’t know for sure if he or she was even dead. She just told her they were gone.

Looking down at Abby as the miniature girl craned her head to look back up at her, the raven-haired child was solemn for a moment as her eyes grew hard. Maybe she wasn’t ready to talk about something like this yet. Tilting her head back down, the older girl silently shook her head before patting the child’s lap.

“It’s fine… if you don’t want to tell me don’t feel pressured into doing it. The last thing I want to do is make you feel uncomfortable Yu. I’m just… really curious. I’ve been that way for each of you girls. You have… such sad stories to tell sometimes. And I guess, I just feel like I’m someone for you all to talk to about them. But, I guess that might be a bit presumptuous of me… I know.” Abby mumbled.

She wasn’t the only person they had to talk to. But, she figured she was a good fit for most considering a lot of their past troubles were caused by humans. If they needed to vent… then she was the perfect person to take it out on. Every day she felt less inclined to defend her species. After all… she didn’t have much in a way to back them up.

They hunted Hominal and Beastial as a profession. They took their lives like one would simply do to livestock. They slaughtered them for game… And this wasn’t even the beginning of everything she knew now. This was just her knowledge beforehand… before coming here… 

‘We really are a detestable species…’ The fact that so many of the girls even loved her still surprised her to this day. Each and every one of them had every right to hate her simply because she was Human. But, she had somehow changed the minds of most of them… and made strong bonds with everyone she met.

Smiling sadly as she recalled how Casey had hated her just a few days prior to how she was with her now, the brunette chuckled quietly. She really was lucky in the end… lucky to meet, such wonderful people. Feeling the hand that rested against her back being withdrawn, Abby soon looked up as she saw the Doppelganger staring away mutely.

“Yu, a-are you alright?” Keeping her eyes off of the diminutive teen, the child simple stared away for a moment longer, before her scarlet irises slowly shifted back over to the troubled Human. Reaching her hand down towards the ground, the larger girl paused as her fingers hovered over the dirt, before she gently closed her eyes, and began to write.

‘Can, I show you…...’ Feeling the faintest chill run down her spine from the open question, Abby looked back up at Yu as she saw her eyes glowing brightly. What did she plan on showing her? H-How… did she plan on showing her…?

Gulping silently, Abby’s eyes beaded as she tried to stifle the fear she felt. Why was she nervous? This was Yu after all. Taking a deep breath, the brunette slowly began to nod before her eyes turned firm. None of the other girls had been very forthcoming with their past as Yu seemed to be now. Perhaps… this was a rare chance for her to really understand, what it was for them to go through.

“S-Show me… I want to see whatever it is you’re offering me…” Stiffening as the candle on the floor extinguished itself, the teenager almost wanted to take back her words now as the darkness she had grown intimate with, engulfed her on all sides… the only light of the room, being cast by Yu’s glowing red eyes.

Looking down timidly as she heard a wet sloshing noise beneath her, the brunette shivered as she felt her feet sinking into the nonexistent lap she had just been on. She was being engulfed again. ‘S-She’s swallowing me up…’ Clenching her fists as she looked back into Yu’s eyes, Abby bit her tongue as she quieted her voice.

 

She asked for this… so there was no turning back now. She was going to see something… whether she wanted to, or not…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

Standing on a solid surface, her bare feet cold to the touch of stone beneath her, Abby opened her eyes slowly as she felt the heavy atmosphere lifting. Where… was she? Looking at the structures around her in confusion, the brunette took a small step backward's as she tried to figure out what was going on.

All around her, were dark, shadowy buildings. They looked like they were human structures… but there was a shimmering darkness that swirled around them and moved on their own… kind of like Yu’s dress did. One noticeable difference, however, was that they were around the size they should be. She was back at her original height wherever she was now. Looking up now, the teenage gulped once again as she saw darkness over the entirety of the sky. The whole world around her was like one, big, shadow…

However… they were fading… Blinking her eyes as she tried to see if the darkness was playing tricks on her, Abby shivered in silence as she saw the skyline above her… retreating. Inching away like water at an incline, the dark black skies slowly began to fade… and were now replaced, by bright blue skies; clouds’ appearing around them to give a similar atmosphere of darkness… yet, this was different. It looked like she was really… outside.

Watching as the buildings around her began to drain themselves of shadows as well, Abby spun around as she tried to take it all in. The darkness… it was almost as if it was being washed away. As the last of the shadows sunk under her feet, the teenager stood still and silent as she looked around.

She was definitely in a town. The buildings looked better than the ones from Darrowford, but, not that much. The streets were lined with cobblestones, and trash littered the alleyways, both the one she was in and the one that she saw across from her. Where… was this place…?

‘And where are you Yu?’ She didn’t see the doppelganger anywhere…

 

“Juliette! Wait, come back!”

 

A voice? Creeping forward as she heard footsteps approaching, Abby gently touched the building beside her before peeking her head out. Watching in silent surprise as two women ran into view, the teenager said nothing as she saw them coming her way. Who were they?

One was a blonde woman with her hair in long twin tails flying behind her. She was dressed in a regal white sundress, something akin to what Eve might make for her actually. Was she, an upper-class woman? Her age looked to be in her early twenties, but, she could be wrong. She was beautiful though. Very beautiful.

Blushing a bit from her troubling thoughts, Abby shook her head before looking at the other woman currently chasing after her. However… as she looked her over, the brunette felt the hair on the back of her neck rise. ‘She looks… kind of like, me…’

The woman chasing the blonde was a brunette also in her early twenties. Her face was young and looked more akin to that of a teenager her age than someone older but the proportions were there… all of them. Her hair was a slightly darker shade of auburn as well, but both her eyes and her completion were the same. If anyone ever compared them… they might actually think she was her sister.

Watching the two women go as the brunette chased the blonde, the former finally caught up with her as they came to an abrupt stop… right in the intersecting alleyway, she was in. Stepping back a bit worriedly, almost afraid she might interrupt them if she was seen, Abby said nothing as she watched the two women in shock.

Turning on the brunette as she came closer, the blonde had a hateful look in her eye before raising her hand. Hearing a loud crack ring out, Abby shivered as she saw the same look of shock she wore on the brunette’s face… as she was slapped. Hard.

Staggering backward the brunette clutched her cheek as tears streamed down her cheeks. It wasn’t from the pain though. It was from who inflicted it. Glaring back at the other woman, the blonde grit her teeth as she stared her down in rage.

“Don’t talk to me anymore. Just stay away from me you disgusting freak!” Crying in sorrow as she was spoken to the way she was, the auburn-haired woman sniffled as she tried to contain her emotions. But, she was failing… miserably.

“J-Juliette… But I… I love-“ Cupping her mouth in shock as she watching the twin-tailed blonde shove the other woman into the ground, the regally dressed woman turned away before storming off… leaving the brunette crying on the ground as she clutched both her cheek from where she had been hit… and her chest where she had been kicked.

What a cruel thing to see… and it had to be even worse for the other woman. Staring the brunette down as she sobbed on street, Abby felt sorrow for her. But, It seemed someone else felt something for her as well. She wasn't alone...

Blinking in surprise as she saw two small orbs of red glow to life in the alleyway across from her, the teenager had to do a double take now as she watched the shadows of the buildings began to slowly melt outward. She recognized it… recognized her.

The Shadows… they were forming a being. Growing into a larger form, the shadows slowly began to lose their rugged shape before they all drained away leaving a simple blonde woman… with a glowing pair of red eyes. The same woman… who had just called the crying woman before her a freak, and knocked her over.

“Yu…” Jumping as the blonde lifted her head up and stared at her, Abby shivered before she soon realized… she wasn’t looking directly at her. Staring across the alleyway the teenager was in, the blonde woman soon stepped out into the light before looking back and forth on the street. However, her eyes soon turned to the sobbing woman crying feebly on the ground.

Clutching her chest with a real look of apathy on her face, the blonde doppelganger walked over to the brunette before squatting down in front of her. “...Clar-ette…?” Stiffening on the ground as she sniffled weakly, the brunette slowly lifted her head up before even more tears began to break out.

Staring back at one another, the brunette trembled before lowering her face to the ground. “I-I’m sorry… I-I’m s-so… sorry… P-Please… p-please, forgive me… I’m, s-sorry…” She choked out weakly before crying even harder.

Keeping a hand firmly on her chest, the blonde woman continued to stare down at the bawling woman in remorse, a clear difference then the rage-filled one the other woman had been in earlier. Moving her hand away from her chest, the doppelganger soon set it down gently on the brunette’s cheek… before frowning as she flinched.

“P-Please… please, forget what I said! I… I just... I-I still want to be your friend…” The brunette whimpered as she clenched her hands into her face, the pain from her own words all too apparent to the younger girl watching from the distance.

Looking at the interaction in silence, Abby trembled as well as she looked at the older women. ‘Is that really you Yu?’ Who was this woman? She called her… Clarette. It was an Irish name, but, an uncommon one at that. It was almost as if… she knew her.

Keeping her hand on the crying woman’s cheek, the doppelganger said nothing as she gently stroked her sniveling face. “Friend… But, I thought… you loved… me…” Looking back at the blonde in surprise, Abby felt her breath hitch as her tone changed octaves. It sounded just like Yu! But then, it shifted to that woman's…

‘So It really is you…’ This was Yu… and this… was a memory… her memory. It was starting to make sense now. Hearing the tearful chokes of the crying woman stop, the brunette she assumed to be Clarette lifted her head up weakly before looking into the doppelgangers eyes. “J-Juiliette…? B-But I…” Feeling her voice die away as her cheeks were cupped, the blonde simply smiled down at the shivering girl as she leaning her face closer.

“I’m sorry… I… love you, to…” Feeling her cheeks brighten as she watched Yu kiss the woman, Abby licked her lips briefly before stepping out of the alleyway. If this really was a memory then that meant she couldn’t be seen by them… or, interrupt this moment.

Walking over to the two women as they shared a kiss, Abby kneeled down gently as she watched, her lips twitching into a small smile as she saw tears streaming down the brunette's cheeks as she began to cry once more. They were tears of joy…

Cradling the brunette closer, Yu stared lovingly back at her before breaking their kiss, her tongue resting on her lips as she panted happily. So this was it then… this was her mate. She was... a girl… Feeling somewhat uncomfortable for some reason, Abby shifted around a little before taking a step back and leaning into the building behind her.

She hadn't even considered the possibility that Yu’s mate was another girl. ‘So it really isn’t uncommon for Hominal to mate with the same gender...’ Maybe… that meant it wouldn’t be that strange if she mated with one of the others… Lighting up red instantly from the notion, Abby quickly shook her head to rid herself of the thoughts. She was supposed to be watching Yu’s memories, not fantasizing- T-Theorizing!

Pulling the brunette into her chest as she sat on the ground beside her, Yu stared back into Clarettes eyes as she smiled down at her lovingly. It was clear that the crying woman didn’t know what was going on anymore… but, it didn’t look like she cared either.

 

Her taboo love… was requited… And she was just too happy to care…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Gasping loudly as her breath came out in soft bursts, Abby stumbled briefly before looking around, darkness present all around her. One minute she had been looking at Yu and Clarette, and the next, shadows suddenly descended on her. Where was she now…?

It looked like some kind of a home. But, much like the sky had before, all the shadows slowly started to drain away leaving the colored image before her what it really should have been. She was in a room, a dining room perhaps? There was a small wooden table in front of her, and a small counter with different dishes and utensils.

Whoever’s home this was… it was kind of small… ‘And I thought our clinic was cramped for space…’ Whose dining room was this? Stiffening as she heard a door creak open behind her, the teenager spun around in silence as she saw a figure enter slowly.

Stepping past the small entryway was, Clarette, but now… she looked much different then she had prior. Her face was full of joy, and there was a skip in her step. Was this after what occurred, or, before she did whatever she had to the other woman? Wondering what was going on, Claire stepped around the table before standing in front of the older woman as she took off her shoes by the front door.

“Juliette, I’m back!” Jumping from the startling yell, Abby locked eyes with the woman for a split second before she smiled back at her! Did she see her?! “Clarette!” Turning around just in time to stagger back, Abby let out a sigh of relief as she saw the blonde… err, Yu? Embrace the other woman as they hugged one another affectionately.

Leaning her face down and giving the brunette a chaste kiss, Clarette blushed before fidgeting a bit in her lover's arms. “I… I couldn’t buy everything you asked me to… All of the stall’s in the market raised their prices on vegetables and poultry this week. B-But I’ll save up more so next week I can-“ Silencing the stuttering woman with another chaste and tender kiss, the brunette sunk happily into the blonde's arms as Yu cradled her closer.

Running one of her hands through the woman's messy brown locks, the doppelganger breathed deeply through her nose before breaking their kiss, Clarette panting now from the salacious act. “Never mind the vegetables. I’ll go buy some later. I’m just happy you’re back. Please don’t leave me so long again~.” Yu whispered into her ear.

Shuddering in her friend's arms, Clarette looked back at her sorrowfully now before shaking her head. “N-No! I don’t want you buying everything. I… I don’t want you to think I like you just because of your money! I-I’ll just have to work another day each week to raise some more!”

Wait, was that why they were fighting before? Looking at the two woman as she saw a look of determination on the brunettes face and the same loving one on Yu’s, Abby was silent as she watched them staring back at one another. We’re they in different casts perhaps? That might have been one of the reasons they had fought before... well, Clarette and the real Juliette, not Yu.

Frowning, the teenager looked them over before quietly nodding her head. Yu had on a bright white gown which had to be expensive, even by her standards… and yet, her friend was dressed in brown rags that had been stitched into a dress. It was rather common to do that with old clothes in most parts of the country. ‘So maybe that’s why that woman hit her…’ She had told her that she loved her and she thought that she was just after her money… or, perhaps it was really because she despised her for loving her…

Feeling a light tugging at her heartstrings, Abby pouted as she watched Yu gently cup the brunette's cheeks before leaning her face down closer. “Clarette… I know you’re not after my estate. And I know you’re not after my family's wealth either silly. If you wanted them… then you wouldn’t be going through so much every day… just so that we can enjoy our evening meal together every night. Please, just let me help you to~. I know you love me… but I love you too.” She whispered before bringing her lips closer, to give the whimpering woman yet another affectionate kiss.

Smiling softly as she saw the older woman sink into Yu’s arms, Abby crossed her arms before feeling her blush return. Was she really supposed to be watching this? She felt like she was invading their privacy… But, Yu had made her come here for a reason. Perhaps, it was so she knew that she and her mate really did love one another.

They really did care for each other. She could see it written in each of their eyes. It was genuine. Breaking their intimate lip lock, Yu pulled away first before panting quietly in front of her lover. “Go start on dinner and I’ll be back. I’ll pick up whatever you couldn’t get, okay?” Nodding weakly as she lowered her eyes, the brunette soon felt her chin lifted upwards as Yu stared back at her friend with her deep crimson eyes.

“Don’t be upset Clarette. You want to take care of me… but, I want to take care of you. Just being with you is enough for me, so I promise to be back soon. I can’t stand the thought of being away from you too long~.” Yu whispered before leaning down for a final time to give her mate a gentle peck on her cheek.

Cupping her skin where the blonde had kissed her, Clarette sniffled weakly as she watched Yu stand back up before slipping on a white pair of shoes beside her ratty brown ones. She was like an angel… Feeling her hand cupped as she was about to step outside the door, Yu paused before looking back at her mate, a loving smile gracing her lips before giving the woman’s hand a gentle squeeze.

“P-Please, come back soon…” The brunette whimpered, almost afraid that her love would leave her for good if she let her go. Nodding cheerfully back at the woman, Yu gave her one final smile before stepping out of the small entryway, and presumably outside.

Standing alone now, minus her unseen observer, Clarette continued to sniffle as a tiny smile formed on her lips. “H-How am I so blessed…?” Staring at the older woman as she began to walk away, the room suddenly began to shrink before shadows engulfed it again. Was this the end of the memory?

Watching as the shadows took off towards where Yu had left, Abby soon nodded. These were her memories, not Clarette’s. She couldn’t know what she did when she was gone it seemed. Standing alone in the darkness, Abby paced around for a moment before the landscape shifted around, and a new room slowly molded itself for her to see. It seemed Yu had multiple things for her to watch.

This almost felt like some kind of painting to her. One which explained her life. And the teen was more than willing to watch it unfold for her to see. But, it did bother her… since she knew what the outcome would look like once it came to an end…

 

One way or another… Yu was going to lose her mate…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

Massaging her head gently as she tried to ease her headache, Abby watched in captivation as scene after scene unfolded to her for her to understand and watch. They were all very different, but, they were also all the same as well.

Each new memory featured both Clarette and Yu, or, as the brunette continued to call her, Juliette. Each one, they shared intimate moments. Holding hands on the street, kissing in the meadows beside their city… E-Even them mating with one another in their bed… She could see it, love. They really did love each other.

And if she was being perfectly honest… she almost felt, envious of Yu. The love they shared… it felt, so wonderful to bear witness to. She could only imagine when it must feel like to be on the receiving end of such warmth and comfort. Then again… she had already been given a taste, both from Eve and from Casey.

Biting her lower lip as she thought about the two girls, Abby blushed darkly as her mind wandered some more. Yu’s thoughts were really playing with her emotions and her heart… both in good and bad ways. But… she had a strange feeling now. Something was different about this memory. Each one started the same. Both Clarette and Yu would be together in some manner, never separated.

When the brunette left to work for the day in the fields adjacent to her home, Yu would always be there… hiding in the shadows. She would never leave her side. But now… Yu was all alone. Was this it…? Was this the memory she was leading up to?

It didn’t look so bad to start with. Standing in the small kitchen in the same white gown she always wore, Yu was quiet as she stood over a small pot she was stirring. It looked like she was making something for them to eat tonight. If Clarette didn’t bring something back then she would go out while the brunette cooked, but if not she always did.

There were a few memories with interactions like this… but, it felt different… and the teen soon found out why. As she was stirring her pot, the Doppelganger was quiet before suddenly stiffening. Looking to her side as she saw a small paper sheet, the blonde sighed before lifting the pot off the fire it was suspended over.

Setting it down gently, the Hominal smiled before grabbing the paper and taking it with her as she moved towards the door, Yu’s voice ringing out gently as she spoke to herself. “Clarette… You can be so forgetful my love~.” Giggling from her own words as she folded the paper in half, the blonde slipped on her shoes before heading out the door, leaving Abby alone to wonder what that paper had been.

Seeing the shadows retreating, however, the brunette waited for them to change scenes again… but, they seemed… frozen. Blinking in confusion as they refused to budge, Abby took a few steps out of them before they started to creep closer.

Looking at the swirling black void, the teenager did it once more, as the shadows crept closer again. ‘Do… they want me to follower her?’ Taking a few more questioning paces towards the door, Abby nodded now. They wouldn’t move until she did. It seemed they wanted her to follow along and watch whatever was about to happen… this would probably be it…

Frowning silently, Abby took a deep breath before walking out the door, the scenery changing in an instant. Instead of being in the tiny cottage that Clarette and Yu had been sharing, she was now in the middle of the town below the hill their home resided on.

Looking back in the door, Abby scowled now. It was gone… and all that was left was a wall. Unsure of where to go now, the younger girl waited patiently before a sign was given to her. Watching as she saw Yu walk by in front of her a small way, the brunette followed after her.

Catching up with the blonde, Abby smiled silently before her face turned blank. This… this wasn’t Yu… The blonde before her was in the same white dress Yu had been in and had the same two twin tails flowing down her back, but it wasn’t the doppelganger. Her eyes were bright blue… and a scowl was prominent on her features.

This was a stark contrast compared to the Hominal who always smiled no matter what the circumstance. No, this wasn’t Yu… it was Juliette… the real one… Wondering what this meant, Abby paced in front of her as she looked to where they were headed.

This was the marketplace. The main one Yu went to when they had to shop for food. But why were they-, “Juliette?!” Blinking her eyes briefly, the blonde paused her walk before looking back down the alleyway she had been in before her eyes widened slightly… as did Abby’s.

Stepping down the cobblestone streets with a small basket in hand was Clarette... a wide smile on her lips as she looked on at her fake lover. Running up to the blonde in a hurry, the brunette quickly embraced her before leaning forward and giving the surprised woman a deep kiss.

Cupping her mouth in shock, Abby froze. She… she didn’t know it wasn’t Yu… But, the Doppelganger did. Seeing the shadows in the alleyway beside them shifting around, the teenager was sullen as she saw the blonde step out of a portal she had made before she abruptly stopped, her eyes wide in horror as she saw the two women embracing as well.

‘O-Oh no… Y-Yu…’ The look on her face… it almost hurt to see it. Covering her mouth and retreating back into her portal, the blonde Doppelganger’s eyes were the only visible thing she could see as she peered out from her hole to observe… but, she didn’t intervene.

Breaking her kiss happily, Clarette smiled back at her fake lover before cupping the blonde’s hands. “Why are you all the way out here? I thought I told you I’d do the shopping tonight. I already got all of the vegetables from the market stall, and was just about to head back…” Trailing off quietly, the older woman frowned now before her eyes widened. She forgot the list her love had given her! That’s why she was out here!

Berating herself for being so absent-minded, the brunette sighed before looking back at her lover regretfully. “I-I… I forgot your list again… that’s why you’re out here, right? I’m sorry Juliette; I thought I had it on me before I left. D-Don’t worry though, I managed to grab everything-

 

*Crack*

 

Watching as time almost seemed to slow, Abby felt her stomach drop, as she was forced to watch Clarette reel backward sickeningly, before hitting the ground as she cried out, the loud clapping noise of the blonde hand having brunt her hard enough to knock her off her feet.

Glaring at her old friend with fresh hatred, the blonde growled in anger at the brunette as she lifted her head up weakly, the dots slowly clearing from her eyes as she felt shock, confusion, and betrayal, just being a few of the many emotions as she looked at the enraged face of her lover. What just happened?

“Y-You… YOU BITCH!” Feeling as if she had just been impaled, Clarette’s breath hitched as she saw the blonde glaring down at her angrily. Her Juliette had never talked to her that way before… not since they started to love one another that is… Strutting up to the downed girl, the grounded woman tried to lift her head before a white-clad sole stomped into her neck causing her to wheeze as her head was forced into the cobblestones painfully.

Covering her mouth as she saw the horrific sight, Abby was utterly speechless. She just stepped on her throat! WHO THE HELL DID THAT?! But, it didn’t look like she cared… but, Yu certainly did. Watching as the Doppelganger spasmed angrily in the alleyway, shadows grew out in every direction as her eyes glowed a menacing red. She could tell… that the Hominal was enraged…

But, she still didn’t react. Why wasn’t she coming out of her hiding place? Clawing at her lover’s foot as she tried to get it off her neck, Clarette wailed in agony as she leather clad shoe was ground into her windpipe. It hurt! Why was she doing this?!

Grinding her teeth in anger, the blushing blonde spit on the ground before wiping her lips repeatedly. “Y-YOU SICK FREAK! I TOLD YOU TO NEVER SPEAK TO ME AGAIN AND YOU… YOU JUST KISS ME! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!” Looking up at her love in clear confusion, the brunette coughed as blood slowly formed on the corners of her lips.

“J-J-Juli-ette…?” Screeching as her neck was stomped harder; the blonde withdrew her foot before giving the coughing woman a sharp kick to her side earning more screams from the now sobbing brunette. “GET AWAY FROM ME YOU DEGENERATE! If you ever, EVER! Try to speak to me again I’ll make sure my husband takes care of you! Just go crawl back into that hole you came out of you worthless peasant! We’re not friends anymore!” She screamed before giving the girl one final kick.

Clutching her own stomach as she tried not to imagine the pain Clarette must be feeling from her ruthless assaults, Abby trembled horribly as she watched the woman simply turn and start walking away, multiple curses leaving her lips as she walked over to the busy market beside them…

‘W-Why… why aren’t you doing anything…?’ WHY WASN’T ANYONE DOING ANYTHING?! They were right near the main street of the town! People had all just saw what had happened, and did nothing. Yu had watched it all… and did nothing… ‘Yu…’

Looking over to the Doppelganger hiding in the shadows, Abby felt her heart shatter. On her knee’s in tears, was the Hominal, as her hands reached out from her darkly lit alley. She wanted to embrace her… she wanted, to hold her… but, she wasn’t leaving her hiding place. She was just watching, as her mate cried on the ground in misery.

Lying in a fetal position as tears streamed down her cheeks, Clarette wailed in agony… as she felt her own heart breaking. What… what did she do? What did she do wrong! Husband… what husband! She was just with Juliette! She had always been with her! For the past two months… she had been by her side, every, single, day…

Digging her fingers into the stones as she coughed up some blood, the brunette crawled to her feet weakly as she looked up in pain, the blonde still at the stall she had walked to, not even paying her mind as she kneeled there in pain.

“J-J-Juliette… w-why…? W-What… did I do, wrong…” She whimpered before attempting to stand, only to fall down on her back. Panting in pain as more and more tears fell from her eyes, the brunette continued to cry… as she felt her happiness all but crumble…

 

Her Juliette… her love… What did she do wrong…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Crying softly as she stood next to Yu, Abby was mute as a small line of tears trailed down her cheeks. But, they couldn’t hold a candle, to the flooding ones cascading down the Doppelgangers eyes as she stood outside the door of their small cottage.

Standing on the porch, almost as if she were frozen in place, the twin-tailed blonde sniffled and cried as she kept an outstretched hand hovering over the doorknob. She had been like this for almost an hour. Each time she tried to touch it, however… she reeled away. It was like she was afraid of facing her mate inside.

After the events of that evening, Clarette had limped home… and locked herself inside their home. But, as much as the teen wanted to see her now… see how she was cooping to it all… Yu’s memories refused to let her. Either because she didn’t even know herself… or, perhaps the dark state her mate was in was too much for her to recall.

Looking up at the grief-stricken Hominal as she sobbed weakly, Yu’s lower lip trembled as she stared down at the door, her eyes void of life, as they dimly glowed a faint reddish hue. “I-I’m so sorry Yu…” Wishing for the Doppel to hear her, Abby lowered her eyes as well as she continued to stand there. She didn’t know what to do… and she didn’t know what to say.

She herself, would be broken… if anything like that happened to one of her friends. 'And this was her mate'. It had to be a pain on a much higher level that she couldn’t possibly even imagine. Watching as the woman slowly began to fade to black, Abby’s eyes widened now, as she saw her form shrinking in size.

Shifting colors again, Abby felt her breath hitch was she saw who Yu was now. She looked… exactly like she did before. A little girl, in a shadow black dress… So did this mean that this really was Yu’s true form… the one that she had shown to her?

Wanting to ask this of her, Abby wasn’t given a choice in the matter however as she saw the scene finally changing, as the Doppelganger closed her eyes, and walked toward's the door. However... before she could enter, a loud clatter echoed out from inside their home. Stiffening, Yu's eyes slowly widened before she all but phased through the door, a loud scream echoing out from within. Looking at the black portal left behind by Yu, Abby's eyes beaded as she heard more and more screams coming from within. Gulping in silence, Abby shivered before taking a step forward, her foot falling through the black hole before she appeared in their living room... the sight she saw, however, was beyond her comprehension. What she saw, was worse then she could have ever imagined…

“CLARETTE!” Screeching as she ran into the small dining room, Yu’s eyes were wide in shock… as she saw the body of her mate, dangling from a rope, tied tightly around her neck. Shifting shape immediately as she took on the blondes woman's form once more, Yu grabbed onto the brunettes hanging body before lifting her up so the rope could no longer restrict her throat.

All the while this was going on, Abby was watching… her mouth now dry as she felt the grim realization hit her. ‘N-No… n-not like this…’ This couldn’t really be it… could it…? Pulling a chair over with her leg as she tried to prop her mate up to stand, tears streamed down the Doppelgangers eyes as she wailed.

Clawing at the rope around the brunette's neck as she dug her nails into it, the Doppelganger screeched before her arm turned black entirely and in its place, was some kind of clawed appendage that didn’t seem to belong on a human. Hacking at the rope viciously, the thin strand of fibers finally snapped causing both women to fall off the chair and onto the ground, Yu taking the brunt of the impact, so Clarette wouldn’t.

Lying on the ground in franticness, the Doppelganger soon shifted back into her original form before tugging tightly on the rope before it finally gave way… but… it was too late. Staring down at Clarette with much the same look Yu was giving her, Abby felt her breath leave her. The area where the rope had been, was purple and indented. She had snapped her neck when she let the rope tighten…

She was gone…

Trembling on the ground as she stared into the faded eyes of her mate, Yu’s eyes grew red before a deafening scream wailed from the Hominal’s lungs. Taking a step back in fright from the bloodcurdling cry, Abby shivered as she saw Yu’s dress come to life before viciously stabbing into the now deceased woman… but, it didn’t look like she knew that she was really dead…

Crying out in pain as her shadows forced… something into her, the Doppelganger screamed her name repeatedly as tears streamed down her cheeks before her shadow faded out of existence entirely, and she fell over in exhaustion… What, did she just try to do?

“Y-Yu…?” Moving closer to the sobbing child as she gripped onto Clarette's brown dress, Abby whimpered before covering her mouth. The wounds around the older woman’s neck… they were gone. She was trying to bring her back… somehow… but, at what cost?

Looking back at the now translucent Doppelganger as she cried weakly atop her dead mate, Abby shook her head. This… it was wrong. It was all, so, wrong… Turning her head away, unable to stare any longer, Abby cried softly as she let the reality of it all sink in.

 

Clarette… had taken her own life…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

The funeral had been short. They came a week later to bury Clarette, an undertaker that is. News had spread rather slow that she had even passed as it were.  Only two other people came when they buried her. An older man who said nothing… and a woman she had seen working in the fields with the brunette occasionally. Just them… and no one else. No one, except Yu…

Standing beside the Doppelganger as she hid behind a withered oak tree, the translucent child rested her back against the wood, as she waited till everyone else left before revealing herself. Walking alongside her, Abby felt a heavy weight on her chest as she partook in this tragic affair. After all of this had happened… the memories she had seen had been briefer… and less detailed. It was all of Yu, crying and mourning… The pain she could see… wasn’t even comparable to the loss of her own parents. It looked… soul shattering. And she could do nothing.

Crying once more as tears fell lightly from her eyes, Abby reached her hand out to touch Yu, but, her hand passed right through the girl, as she continued to obliviously walk towards the small freshly filled hole where her mate now rested.

Falling to her knees as she said nothing, Yu’s eyes were hollow, as they remained dim, and void of life. She was broken. Touching the ground softly as her pale fingers dug into the dirt, the child’s contorted into a look of pain before it passed, and her entire upper arm grew translucent to the point she could even see through it...

Parts of her body seemed to be missing… and, almost see through by default. She was fading away… Pulling her hand back where it had just been, Yu sobbed weakly before lowering her eyes, a small flower now formed over the dirt, as its black shadows wavered lightly in the air.

Kneeling next to the younger child, Abby said nothing… not that it really mattered either way. No words needed to be said, for what had already passed. Looking down at the small shadowy flower, Abby smiled weakly as she touched it, her fingers gently fading in and out of it as she looked on at it with care.

It looked… like a parting gift. One she wanted to give her mate herself… but was unable to do so any sooner. As the shadows of their surroundings began to fade away signaling a change of scenery, Abby quietly shook her head. She didn’t want to leave yet. She wasn’t ready to leave Yu’s side…

But, they didn’t give her a choice, as the Doppel soon faded away leaving her in the same void of blackness that they always turned to when the environment shifted. Remaining on the ground as she kneeled there weakly, the teenager was silent as she felt her heart gently pattering against her chest. ‘Why did it have to be like this…?’

They had been, so happy… Just, why…? Why did bad things like this exist… and happen to good people… Why? Why, why, why, why, why! Clenching her fists in anger now, Abby bit back her tongue as she felt like screaming now to.

 

IT WASN’T FAIR!

 

None of their lives were… Lowering her eyes as a familiar city began to form, Abby grew somber now as she saw an alleyway fade into view… the same one she had been in when she first entered this mindscape. She was back where she started.

Turning around as she looked for what it was she had to find, the brunette soon caught sight of it in the form of Yu slowly opening a portal… in the same Alleyway, she had originated from earlier. Crawling out and hobbling towards the wall beside her, the little Hominal looked… almost gone now.

Her entire body was all but completely faded as parts of blackness wavered in and out, almost like they were trying to fix her… but, she looked, terrible… Walking over to the emotionless looking girl, Abby kneeled down before reaching out to her again.

If she had only one wish… it was to be able to touch Yu in here. She wanted to talk to her… give her words of warmth… but, a memory was a memory. She could do little more than follow along. Seeing the shadows all around her starting to move, the older girl looked up now before her eyes widened.

The sun, it was moving back and forth… No, that wasn’t right… it was rotating. Were these days passing by? Losing track of how many rotations it had made, Abby’s eyes shifted back over to Yu as her heart sunk. Her skin was fading by each passing orbit… until only her eyes, and the most translucent outline of her body could be recognized.

Did…  Did she come here to die…? This was the place she first saw her. The place she had first interacted with Clarette… the place they had formed their bond. It had to hold sentimental value to her. ‘I guess… it makes sense this is where she’d want to be then when… it ended…’

But, she was just giving up? “Yu…” Watching as she teetering shadows came to a stop, Abby froze as she heard footsteps behind her. Looking back down the alleyway towards the intersecting street, the teen could see it crowded now for some reason. Perhaps there was some kind of event today?

Shaking her head for getting distracted, Abby looked back down at Yu as she saw the faint glow that still remained of her. Not even her body was visible anymore. How many days had she just… been sitting like this? Waiting to die…

“Kari, can you hold onto this for a moment?” Feeling her breath hitch, Abby turned around quickly before her eyes widened in disbelief. Stepping out from the busy street and out of sight towards the vacant alley way was none other, than Najia. Albeit, a very human-looking Najia. Even without her furry ears or multiple tails, however, the brunette could tell it was her in an instant.

Glancing at her as well, Abby all but shivered as she saw a slightly younger Kari to confirm this. The witch was dressed similar to how she usually did now, but her cloak was now bound together by her hip to conceal her clothes underneath it.

Pulling her hoodie down and looking up at the older Hominal, the little blonde grunted as she nudged the bag her mentor had given her as she watched the Kitsune walking forward slowly. “Najia? What’s wrong?” Saying nothing as the older woman turned her head back and forth, Abby took a couple steps back to make way for her, before the Kitsune hovered over Yu.

Looking down at the now vacant spot where the child had been moments prior, the Hominal’s eyes narrowed before she kneeled over the spot the Doppelganger had once been in. She had to squint, but, she could see it. “I almost couldn’t feel you, little one… It’s not wise to starve yourself when you’re made out of pure Energy…” She whispered.

Looking back at the Kitsune in surprise, this being the first real interaction she had ever seen with the blonde along with her elegant voice, Abby frowned before looking back down at Yu. How perceptive was she? Eve had made her out to be smart, but she seemed even more astute then the Vampire had described her to be.

Watching as two small orbs of red flickered to life and slightly shifted upward’s, Najia nodded before her eyes glowed a faint blue. “Don't be alarmed. Just be at peace, and come back to me.” Watching as the older woman’s hand started to glow, Abby was transfixed on the interaction.

Pressing her palm forward till it hovered in the air, seconds ticked by slowly, until Yu’s body began to take shape again! Letting out a sharp gasp as she saw small pulses of blue light being emitted from the Kitsune, the little Doppelganger started to take shape before Yu’s entire form all but reappeared, albeit… now unconscious.

Removing her hand from where the younger girl’s chest now was, the Kitsune cupped the child’s chin so she could get a proper look at her. Moving her face back and forth gently as she inspected her, the blonde quietly smiled as the saddest of chuckles escaped her lips, one only Abby could possibly hear considering she was right beside her. “What stories will you tell me little one…?” Letting her question hang briefly, the blonde soon moved her arms out once more, though this time it was to embrace the unconscious child.

Lifting Yu up in her arms gently, Najia quietly turned around before heading back out towards the street, Kari seemingly perplexed to all that had just happened. “N-Najia?! W-Who is that! Why is she not moving?! S-She’s not dead, is she?”

Pouting at her younger charge, the Kitsune shook her head before walking in front of the little Witch. “No Kari, she’s not. But, she will be traveling with us from now on. Come along, we should get this one back to our camp as soon as possible. I fear once this one awakens, it might be difficult to keep her in one place for very long.” She Kitsune smirked.

Furrowing her brow at the strange way Najia was talking about this random girl, the little witch propped the large bag she had been carrying higher in her arms before running up behind the Kitsune to keep up, both of them soon fading out entirely as the world started to turn black once more.

Standing alone now once again, Abby was mute as she let it all sink in. ‘Yu…’ Wanting to know more, the brunette regretfully shook her head. She had seen enough… But, she still had questions…  Questions, she could only ask Yu in person. She only hoped, that the answers she received, weren’t as horrific as these memories had been.

 

“Yu… take me back… I’ve seen enough…”

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

Opening her eyes as darkness surrounded her body no longer, Abby quietly breathed as she felt her lungs strangely void of air. That whole experience… it felt, otherworldly… Lifting her head up to stare back at Yu, the child was as silent as always as her glowing eyes shined brightly in her pitch black chambers.

What she just saw… what she was privileged to learn… it was something Yu regarded as sacred. And now, she understood why. But, amongst everything she had seen, one thing needed to be addressed. The very first thing, that had been on her mind since she saw Clarette... “Y-Yu… I have to ask you something, now that I know who your mate was. Did… you just save me, and watch over me this whole time… because I look kind of like your Mate?” It felt weird to ask her this… but it was at the top of the list of things she had to have answers for.

Looking back at one another for a few minutes, Yu said nothing at all which unnerved the smaller girl to no end, before the faintest of lights began to shine beside them. Glancing away from the Hominal’s un-seeable face, Abby looked over to where the candle had been, as she saw its flame lit once again, the Doppelganger’s shadow no longer covering it up. Hadn’t she extinguished it?

Shifting her gaze back over to Yu now that there was light once again, Abby felt her throat clench up as she saw the pain expression the younger girl wore. She looked like she was on the verge of tears again! Shaking as if she were freezing from the cold, Yu’s eyes beaded softly as tears finally broke free from her eyes, prompting the brunette to raise her hands defensively.

“Y-Y-Yu, w-wait, don’t cry! I’m not mad, or upset! I, I just want to know. Is this why you’ve been saving me, over and over again…?” Sniffling noiselessly as she pulled her knees into her chest, the Doppelganger looked away before the faintest of nods could be seen.

Lowering her guard now, Abby sighed softly as she saw the frail way the larger girl was acting. “Yu, I told you already. I’m not upset with you. How could I be? You haven’t gotten over her yet… have you?” Lifting her eyes above her arms, the raven-haired child gazed down at Abby weakly before shaking her head, her tears continuously falling now that they had started once again.

Crawling to her feet as she ignored the fatigue she felt, Abby wobbled for a moment before regaining her footing. “Yu… I-I’m sorry. I really am…” Taking a few shaky steps forward, the brunette moved towards her leg before resting her hand on the pale girl’s thigh.

“I can’t even begin to imagine the pain you’re going through right now. The pain, you’ve been holding onto for all this time. How… how long have you been with Najia and the others?” Keeping her eyes peeking as she watched the smaller human, Yu’s right hand shakily moved down beside her before she trailed it into the dirt, almost feebly.

‘4 months…’ So this had been recent then… She hadn’t had much time to grieve. Resting her forehead against the younger girls leg, Abby gently closed her as eyes she began to gently stroke her skin. “I can’t say I know about your pain… or, how it feels to lose someone you’re in love with. But, I’ve lost loved ones too. It… it’s debilitating at first Yu, the pain I mean. But, you can get over it in time.” Abby whispered weakly. She just hoped her words could be consoling at all.

Hearing some scratching noises on the ground beside her, Abby lifted her head back up before looking at the dirt once again… only for her stomach to drop as she read what the Doppelganger had written. ‘I wish I never met her… it’s my fault she’s dead…’

Looking back up at the larger child in shock now, Abby grit her teeth before giving Yu’s thigh a hard slap. “D-DON’T YOU DARE SAY THAT YU!” Was she out of her mind?! Wincing from the light tap on her leg, the younger Hominal cringed more because of how the teenager had yelled at her. This was the first time she had raised her voice at her…

Clenching her fists in anger, Abby ground her teeth as she saw the sadness in Yu’s face. She actually thought her mate was better off without her?! “Yu! What the hell would make you say that?! Clarette loved you! You know that! I never even met her and I could see it in her face!” She loved the little Hominal with all her heart!

Watching the younger girls lower lip tremble as more tears began to fall, the child simply sobbed in silence as her hand began to weakly write once again. ‘I… killed her… I killed her… I killed her… I kil-‘ Feeling her finger bent awkwardly, the Doppelganger winced as she saw Abby pulling against her digit in rage. She looked infuriated…

“YU, KNOCK IT OFF ALREADY!” Pushing the child's finger backward’s so she couldn’t write anymore, Abby yipped as she fell flat on her face once the younger girl pulled her hand away. Crawling to her feet tiredly, Abby glared up at the sullen girl before shaking her head.

“Yu… what is wrong with you! Clarette… she loved you! What happened in the past happened… You can’t take it back. But thinking you did this to her is just plain ridiculous!” Was she really blaming herself for this whole mess? It was completely unwarranted!

Latching onto the younger girls hand as she tried to write something again, Abby’s harsh glare stiffened the younger girl causing her to freeze up on the spot. “Yu, listen to what you’re saying! O-Or writing! Do you honestly think, that if you never met Clarette… that her life would have been even half as wonderful as it was!”

Shivering in place as she listened to the older girls words, Yu nudged the teen off of her fingers before letting her hand fall to the dirt once more. ‘S-She would be alive…’ Sulking silently, Abby simply shook her head. She still didn’t get it.

“Yu… what’s the point of living, if you have nothing to live for?” Opening her eyes in shock, The Doppelganger looked down at Abby in a stuttered way… but, the brunette wasn’t finished. Raising her hand and lifting her finger up as a means to silence…. the mute girl… Abby sighed before shaking her head once again.

“Yu… don’t you understand? Clarette was on the verge of tears after being left by her friend. You saved her from her own self! If you hadn’t done that, how do you even know the outcome wouldn’t have still ended in this same way? You didn’t just save her back then, you gave her a reason to live!”

Quivering as the smaller girls words sunk in, Yu’s face contorted into a look of pain before she clenched her eyes shut and began to cry once more. It hurt to think about it. It hurt to think about her mate. It just hurt, all over…

Kneeling next to the pale child, Abby gently rested her hand on hers before moving it around in small circles. “Yu… What happened was a tragedy. There’s never an excuse to toss away your life. I know this well… But, you tried to do it to… didn’t you?” 

Holding back her own tears as she remembered how the Doppel had looked as she withered away, Abby clenched her eyes before taking a deep breath to calm herself down. “You didn’t want to be here… be without your mate. But tell me this, and tell me it truthfully Yu. Do you think that for even a second, that she would have wanted you to follow in her footsteps after she thought she lost you? Do you think Clarette would have wanted you to end your life to…?”

Watching as the child bobbed up and down as she cried into her knees mutely, Abby shook her head. She didn’t even need the voiceless girl too spell it out for her. She already had her answer. Hugging her hand as she wept in silence, Abby nuzzled her cheek into the Hominal's hand as a faint trail of tears traveled down her cheeks too.

“You gave her a reason to hold onto her life. Every day, she worked hard, and did everything she could; to hold onto you… not to that other woman you were copying. She loved you. She wanted to be, with you. And if she never met you… if you never appeared before her that day… then she would have been miserable.”

Choking on her breath as she tried to say it for her, Abby clenched her eyes before gripping the younger girls fingers. “YOU WERE HER WORLD YU!” She didn’t need to even see her memories to know this! Feeling her body shifted around, Abby sniffled as she wiped down her face as she was brought to’s Yu’s.

Gritting her teeth as she saw the look of heartbreak written over the Hominal’s face, Abby shook her head. “Yu… What you shared with Clarette… no one can take that away from you. Not that Juliette woman, not anyone in these caves and not even death!” Abby wailed.

What they shared, even if only briefly, was love. And she’d be damned before letting the younger girl think that she was at fault for what had happened to her mate. That just wasn’t it. It wasn’t, right. Hugging the child’s cheek as she was pressed into it, Abby whimpered softly as she nuzzled herself closer to embrace the crying girl.

“Yu… I-I know why you blame yourself. I think I get it at least. You didn’t want her to find out what you were… so that’s why you never told her. That’s why you never got involved when she encountered the person you were pretending to be… and… and that’s why you couldn’t face her… after everything that happened…” Abby whispered.

Pulling her face back as she saw the dimmed eyes of the Doppelganger peering down at her, Abby nodded weakly. “I understand why you did the things you did. You were scared... kind of like, you were scared to show yourself to me... But, I think it could have been avoided to… if you had told her the truth. The truth of what you are… Because even if she knew… I don’t believe she would have even cared. That’s how much she loved you. That’s the kind of love that I saw she held towards you, every time she looked into your eyes.” Abby finished.

She had said what needed to be said. Now, it was on the younger girl to figure out where to go from there. Sitting in silence, not that she could speak even if she wanted to, Yu’s glowing irises faded in and out as seconds ticked by, her mind seemingly engrossed elsewhere from the teenager’s words.

Was, she right? Drifting her eyes away from the candle they had vaguely focused on, Yu looked down at Abby now as she saw the brunette staring back at her with a determined expression. It was a look, which she saw on her Clarette… every single day. The same look, that compelled her to want to keep her safe…

Keeping their eyes locked for a while, the Hominal’s eventually broke away as Yu closed her eyes and gripped Abby gently, no, firmly. It wasn’t uncomfortable, but it was definitely stronger than she usually did. Smiling warmly at the younger girl as she hung her head, Abby tenderly rubbed the child's fingertips.

“Yu… you know that she loved you. So please, don’t sully her memory, by thinking that she would have been better off without you. You built her up. You supported her every single day. You protected her, from herself. Without you, then I don’t know what would have even happened after that day…” Abby whispered.

She was heartbroken… and Yu had been there to mend it. She had been in so much pain that day… that killing herself was a better alternative than being without her love. Even if she hadn’t told her the truth before they parted, she knew without a doubt, that her mate would have understood. And now, she had a feeling the Doppelganger did to…

Shaking frailly as her hand vibrated into her chest, Yu quivered as she lightly sobbed, the teenager's face being the thing that absorbed the majority of it. Raising her arm over her head as she tried to stop the oncoming tears, the brunette smiled in sadness as she let the younger girl vent. This wound was still fresh… and it would take time to heal. Sadly for her, even if she was a Doctor… this was all that she could do to help her along.

Hugging the younger girl gently as she cried, Abby said nothing as they continued to sit with one another, and let the mood settle once more. Perhaps now, she truly did understand. Feeling one of the hands that supported her leave her back, however, Abby looked down as she saw the Hominal’s shaking limb resting on the ground motionlessly.

“Yu?” Wrinkling her nose as she sniffled noiselessly, an act all her sounds made, the Doppel soon began moving her fingers over the ground, but, her eyes never left the smaller girl for long. Peering over her fingers, Abby read the small message she had wrote to her before she felt her heart cry out.

Clutching Yu’s hand tightly, Abby rested her cheek on the child’s fingers as she breathed deeply. “No Yu, I won’t leave you… like your mate did. I haven’t told anyone yet… but, I’ve already made up my mind…” Abby whispered, her words now heavier as she saw the poorly scribbled sentence beneath her. ‘Don’t abandon me too…’

Closing her eyes as she let herself think, the teenager nodded silently. It took her time to sort this out… but, she was sure now. Not just because of Yu, or because of Eve, or even because of Casey… but, because of everyone here collectively. They needed her… and, she loved all of them. “I’ve been thinking about this for a while now, but, I know it’s what I have to do… After Najia fully recover’s… I’m going to ask her if I can stay here with you all.” Abby smiled. Her place… was here. Here with all of them. And now, she knew it too. As soon as she grew back to normal, she was going to live with them from here on out.  After all… she was one of them now too.

 

 

And she would never, abandon them.

 

 

To be continued.

 

End Notes:

 

A sorrow-filled chapter, and an intresting revelation. Though, I figure a few of you probably already guessed that Abby was going to be sticking around. Who know's, it might have been a surprise.

I'll try to update soon. I'm just having some trouble at the moment starting on my next opening scene considering how I ended this one. But, I'll do my best to please you all and give you something fun to read soon enough!

Thanks again everyone, I'll see ya around!

The Good News by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

Well, I'm back, albeit delayed... I had to take a long pause with this chapter because a few ideas were crisscrossing and I didn't like that. So it took me a bit longer, sorry about that. :(

I hope this chapter lives up to your expectations like the others have. I'll try to be posting sooner this time around now that I have spring break off. :3

I'll see you all soon~

 

 

Lying still in the darkness that embodies her surroundings, Abby was silent as she felt the subtle movements of Yu beneath her as the child breathed deeply. Her candles had gone out a little while ago, and while a part of her wanted to have light again in the cramped chambers she was sharing with the younger girl; the brunette knew Yu preferred it this way. After all, she was a daughter of the dark.

Sighing through her nose as she felt the gentle petting from the raven-haired girl, the teenager was contemplative now as she rested next to the Hominal on her makeshift bed. ‘Yu…’ Her story… her past… it still struck a chord with her. And while her words of comfort did have their intended effect, she could still see the sadness written over the child’s face. It was like a blank slate to her whenever she felt something. She just knew what she was thinking.

Propping her chin on her arm, Abby frowned as her eyes darted up to the two glowing orbs of red above her. “If you want to talk, we still can you know… Or, we can stay like this I guess…” When the candle had burned out, the younger girl simply moved from sitting to lying down so she could cradle her closer.

It seemed her attachment to her had grown after their talk, not that she minded. But, she still had to wonder… would she get over her mate now, or, hold onto that burden she had been keeping secret until now. Stroking the Hominal’s arm as they laid together, Abby closed her eyes as she rested herself.

If Yu really wanted to, she could have still communicated with her. Tapping for yes or no, invading her mind with whatever shadowy powers she had used prior. There were ways they could do it. But, the teenager got the feeling she just wanted to sit here now and be comforted by her. Something she was very willing to go along with.

Nuzzling her cheek against the younger girl, Abby breathed deeply once more as she felt the fatigue of the day finally leaving her. She had been so worn out after everything. Not only meeting one new face but two, almost dying… Playing with friends and talking with them… And, of course… almost being crushed by Ebon…

Souring in silence, Abby’s mind began going over what might have happened had Yu not been there for her, before shivering. ‘Thanks again Yu, thank you for everything’. She owed her so much. She just wished there was more she could do to repay her. ‘Abb-b-by? Ab-by…’ Opening her eyes in surprise, the brunette looked up at Yu confused before seeing the raven-haired girl glance down at her.

“Yu?” Watching as she blinked a few times in utter silence, the brunette was startled once again as a voice invaded her mind… a familiar voice, albeit, scratchy… almost like someone was stuttering as they yelled. ‘A-b-by, wh-ere are y-you? Can… he-ar, me!’

Eve! It was her voice! It was hard to make out, but she knew it anywhere! ‘Eve! I’m here, Eve?’ Hearing silence for but a moment, the teen almost screeched as she heard a sharp cry in her head. ‘AB-BY! WHER-ER AR-AR Y-OU?!’ She was looking for her!

Leaning up abruptly, the brunette smiled in relief before looking up at the now focused Doppelganger. Feeling a few lite taps on her back, the brunette smiled before pointing towards a wall. “Yu, Eve is looking for me! Can you search for her again please?” Seeing the glowing eyes blink a few more times, they soon moved away from her before a guttural swirling noise echoed out behind them.

Waiting with anticipation, Abby soon frowned as she saw Yu shaking her head. “Wait, you still can’t see her? But, I hear her! She’s looking for me somewhere… but, it’s rough… I can’t quite figure out why though…” She didn’t know why she couldn’t hear the Vampiress clearly but a voice soon brought her out of her troubling thoughts.

‘ABBY! WHERE ARE YOU? ANSWER ME AGAIN!’ Looking around with frantic eyes now, a wide smile spread across the teenager's lips. She could hear her now! ‘Eve, I’m here! Can you hear me?’ ‘Abby!’ Smiling in relief, the shrunken girl sighed before raising her head as she heard the blonde’s voice continue to echo out clearly now.

‘Where are you?! I’ve been searching for you for hours but I can’t find you! Are you outside our caverns?! Is someone with you?! You’re not in danger, are you!  Tell me where you are!’ Smiling sheepishly, the brunette shook her head before her eyes widened… as the voices began to become scattered once again.

‘Te-ll me Ab-by! Ab-b-by! A-bby!’ Crying out for the Vampire in her mind, the brunette looked around in confusion before her eyes landed on the Doppelganger staring down at her. Wait… IT WAS YU! She had been able to hear her when she opened up her portal!

“Y-Yu! Open another gateway! Open it to the same place you had it before!” Guessing the Hominal jumped as she saw her eyes bob, they soon moved up and down rapidly before the guttural watery noise sloshed around her once again.

‘ABBY! ABBY WHERE ARE YOU!’ ‘I’m fine Eve! I’m with Yu right now, don’t worry!’ ‘Yu?! She’s here in the caves…? Wait, you’re still in the caverns right?! You’re not in danger from her are you!’ Raising her hands defensively from the venomous tone she heard on the other end of their connection, Abby smiled dryly.

‘N-No Eve, I’m not in any danger… quite the opposite in fact… Where are you anyways? I’ve been trying to talk to you since I came here?’ Hearing a dark growling in her mind, the brunette shivered as the blonde’s voice entered her thoughts once again.

‘That, I would like to know myself! I’ve been looking for you for the past three hours! Where in the hell are you?! I couldn’t even feel your presence anymore!’ Smiling in comfort as she heard the worry in the older girls tone, the brunette shook her head.

‘I don’t know really. But, where are you? Tell me so I can have Yu open a portal for us.’ Hearing silence follow for a brief moment, the teenager waited patiently before her eyes widened as a quiet… but, repetitive banging could be heard somewhere in the distance.

‘I’m in the middle of a fork in the lowest caverns that lead up to the Commons. Did you hear me just now?’ Nodding her head, the brunette soon scowled before answering her. It had been a force of habit to nod for the Doppelganger that she almost forgot Eve couldn’t see what she was doing…

‘I heard… something. It sounded like a knocking noise but it was faint. Hold on!’ Looking back up at the Doppel as she continued to keep her portal open, Abby licked her lips before speaking. “Yu, did you see Eve now? She just… hit a wall…?” ‘I broke one actually…’

Biting back a smile, Abby nodded again as she looked up at the raven-haired girl. Hearing the swirling noises continue to move around, the child soon shook her head, or, at least she figured she did as she saw her eyes turning back and forth.

She still couldn’t find Eve? Frowning as she wondered why the brunette sat still for a moment before her eyes hardened. ‘Eve! Do you have a candle on you? Or something else casting light!’ Hearing a hum in her mind in return, the blonde soon answered her earning a smile in return.

‘I do… this area isn’t lighted like the commons, but what the devil does that have to do with anything?’ Sighing in relief as she got her answer, Abby smiled before shaking her head. ‘Eve put out the light! Yu can’t see you if you’re near any.’

Knowing a scowl was probably prominent on the blondes face now, Abby waited before Yu began to blink her eyes rapidly. “Yu, did you find her?!” Grinning from ear to ear as the Doppelganger nodded, the brunette laughed before standing up.

“I’m glad… I was really starting to worry about her…” ‘Flattering my amore~, but I can assure you the feeling was very, mutual.’ Hearing the Vampire’s elegant laughter in her mind, the teenager grinned before looking back up at her newest… or, oldest…? Guardian before smiling.

“Alright, Yu… I think it’s time I got back to the others…” She had to check up on Casey and the twins. Now that she knew Eve was safe that made her feel hopeful once more. Watching as the Doppelganger closed her eyes, the brunette waited quietly before she was gently picked up in the child’s hands.

“Thank you, Yu… Thank you for everything you’ve done for me.” Hearing nothing in return as per usual, Abby waited for something to happen before sputtering as her face was suddenly enveloped. Pressing her hands against the child’s lips as she felt the kiss in the dark, Abby relaxed before giving the younger girl a kiss back.

Even if she couldn’t talk some kind of a warning would have been nice! Lasting for a few moments, the Doppelganger soon broke off their kiss before her glowing eyes opened once more. “Heh… I-I guess you wanted to say goodbye first, didn’t you? Don’t worry Yu, I already told you I’m not going anywhere. If you want to spend time with me again, just tell me, alright?”

“Love… you, Ab-by…”

Jumping in surprise as she saw the large pair of eyes staring back at her, Abby was frozen as she heard the angelic tone that was the child’s voice… her actual, voice. “Y-Yu…?” Watching as the Doppelganger closed her eyes, the brunette felt herself being moved before an all too familiar pull began to tug on her signaling that her time… was up.

 

Smiling in happiness, Abby waved back to the Hominal as her head disappeared into the darkness, soon being followed by the rest of her as she was slowly engulfed in the shadows surrounding her…

 

‘I love you to Yu.’

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Standing alone in the darkness of the caverns she found herself in, Eve was mute as her ears zeroed in on her surroundings. She was startled to have heard Abby’s voice finally answer her in here of all places. This was the middle of nowhere…

But, at the same time, she was more concerned with why she couldn’t sense her up until now. Their connection should have let them communicate from great distances. These caves stretched on for miles but even so, just how far away was she? And better yet… how did she get there?

Scowling as she recalled her Amore's words, the Vampiress opened her bloody eyes as she glanced around. It wasn’t impossible for her to see in the dark but even so, she didn’t like wasting her energy on trivial things either.

‘Yu…’ Shaking her head from the name Abby had given her, the blonde sighed tiredly as she thought about their phantom resident. She had come here pretty recently compared to most of the girls here, but, she had been under the impression that she had simply left them. Not she or any of the other girls had caught sight of her in months. Not even her many familiars had seen her for that matter either.

‘Perhaps you knew she was still around, Najia…’ Suffice it to say, it was irrelevant whether or not to why she was here, but, what was important was why she was now in the possession of her mate. She didn’t like the thought of another Hominal encroaching on her territory…

If she so much as laid a finger on her Abby she’d-. Stiffening as a watery noise echoed out near her feet, Eve glanced down now before her eyes widened. Watching as the darkly lit walls began to be sucked inward; a blackened void soon took their place… before a pale hand extended out of it… and on it, was her Abby!

Panting as she felt her breath returning to her, the brunette looked around in confusion as she tried to get a feel for her new whereabouts. It was dark in here… but, not as dark as it had been inside of the Doppelgangers shadow that was for sure.

“Abby…” Freezing up as she heard a voice above her, the teen looked up weakly before a smile spread across her face, as she stared into a new pair of glowing red eyes. “H-Hi Eve…” She couldn’t see the larger Hominal, but, it was obviously her. She’d be a fool not to realize that.

Kneeling down on the ground as she stared down at her little love, the Vampire’s eyes turned to the pale fingers beneath her that she stood on. “You’re safe, and unharmed, correct?” Hearing the not so subtle change in the older girls tone, Abby nodded quickly.

“I-I’m perfectly fine! Yu, actually kind of saved me… twice.” Raising her brow from the smaller girl’s words, the Vampiress watched the pale hand gently depositing her Amore on the ground before it began to slink back into the portal it came out of, the gateway it originated from soon disappearing along with it.

Nodding to herself, Eve soon smiled before moving her own hands around her Abby. “Well then for that, she has my thanks. If I ever see her in person again, I’ll make sure to give her a proper one. Where have you been all this time though Abby? I’ve been worried sick…” Moving her hand towards one of the older girls fingers for support in her darkly lit environment, Abby could do little more than shrug her shoulders.

“I can’t answer you, Eve… I honestly don’t know. Yu took me to the place where she sleeps I guess. But, do you know what happened to the others! Are Casey and Emma and Ella alright?!” She had been scared for the Vampiress on account of her not talking to her until now but she knew Ebon had fought with the others… And that only ended in pain…

Staring down at her love solemnly, the Vampire sighed before patting the brunette reassuringly. “Don’t worry, everyone is alright. My two familiars did a good thing by taking you away from the Ragdoll. Even she played a part in your safety as well. As soon as I awoke, I had one of my other familiars waiting in my chambers there to alert me to what went on… But, I feared the worst when I couldn’t find you. If not by Ebon, then, by someone else…” She growled.

Letting out a sigh of relief, Abby nodded before looking back up at Eve with joy. The others were ok! “How are they doing? I don’t know what happened when Casey fought with Ebon but I saw both the twins take some nasty hits. Do they need medical attention?”

Smiling warmly at her little love, Eve gently closed her eyes, as her fingers continued to stroke down the Human’s back comfortingly. “You needn’t worry. I have both Emma and Ella resting in their own quarters. They’ll recover with the Energy I gave them. And as for the Ragdoll I gave her back to Kari. Though, you might want to comfort the younger girl. She seemed rather disturbed to see her friend how she was…” Eve mumbled.

Noticing the frightened look on the brunette’s features once again, Eve gently patted the smaller girls head before shaking her own. “You can calm down. The Ragdoll is more durable then my familiars are. Her injuries aren’t nearly as bad. If I had to guess, she might even be up and moving already.” While she didn’t really care what happened to the Dullahan, she knew it would put her little Amore at peace knowing she was safe.

Letting out a sigh of relief knowing all of her friends were ok now, Abby soon had to wonder… “A-And… And what about Ebon…?” Blinking quietly, Eve’s eyes narrowed before she turned around, and began to walk away with the smaller girl.

“She’s not dead if that’s what you’re asking. But, she won’t be coming after you anymore. Of that, I can promise you.” Eve whispered her tone succinct and full of spite. Gulping silently, Abby shook her head before squeezing the older girl’s fingers. “Y-You… You didn’t do anything bad to her… r-right?”

She couldn’t imagine the Dragon just came to her senses and agreed not to pursue her anymore. She hated her with a passion… and a very fiery one at that… Keeping her eyes closed as she walked, Eve was silent for a moment before her eyes peeked open, a dark smile gracing her lips as she recalled her course words with the Black Dragon.

“Details aren’t needed, Abby. All you need to know is we had a little chat… and, we’ve come to an understanding…” Not feeling reassured by her words what so ever, Abby had to inevitably nod her head, and end the topic at hand. It seemed the blonde didn’t want to tell her what she actually did… and perhaps, that was for the best.

While she didn’t like Ebon that much… she still didn’t want to see her hurt like before. Hopefully, Eve understood that. Feeling her little Amore’s feelings being re-laid to her, the Vampiress said nothing as they continued to walk.

 

She didn’t have anything else to say on the matter. It was already settled between her… and Ebon…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“ABBBBBBYYYYYY!”

 

Smiling quietly back at Kari as the little Witch all but sprinted over towards her and Eve, the little blonde sniffled weakly as tears streamed down her puffy cheeks. How long had she been crying? “I’m fine Kari, don’t worry! It’s good to see you again.” The brunette smiled warmly.

Standing in front of Eve rigidly, the toddler continued to sniffle as she looked up at the Vampire with hesitation, something the regal blonde soon picked up on as she saw the younger girl on the verge of tears once more. “Would you, like to hold her…?”

Chuckling as the dirty blonde began to shake her head furiously, the Vampire’s fangs peeked out as she smiled in amusement before lowering her hand for the child. “Abby! I… I was so worried something happened to you! S-Stop making me worry so much you… you jerk!” Kari whined, her fingers wrapping around the brunette protectively as she pulled her into her chest so she could hug her close.

Feeling her heartache from the younger girl’s whimpers, Abby frowned before gently moving her hands over hers. “I told you already Kari, I’m fine. A-And it’s not like I’m looking for trouble! Things like this just kind of happen when you’re the size of a doll…” She mumbled dryly.

Seeing a look a hurt cross the Witch’s face, Abby quickly raised her hands to amend what she said. She didn’t mean it as an accusation! “R-Relax, I’m not blaming you. I just meant… it happens.” She sighed. Looking up at the concerned face of the toddler, however, the teenager knew she had struck a chord by accident as more tears peaked out at the corner of her eyes.

“K-Kari, really I-“, "We can issue blame all day, but, that will achieve nothing. What matters is my Abby is safe, as is your friend.” Eve muttered her tone both calm and quiet as she tried to comfort the younger girl. Though, it was hard to tell if it worked her not. It almost looked like the younger Hominal was about to scream when she heard her voice…

Why did she have to keep acting this way around her? She had never even once picked a fight with her before! Looking over her shoulder as Eve brooded silently for some reason, Abby moved her hands over to the child’s fingertips before cupping them warmly.

“It’s fine Kari. I’m, fine. Everything worked out for the best actually. I got to meet Amy and Yu. Not to mention Ebon won’t come after me anymore either. Right, Eve?” Bowing her head as she nodded, the Vampiress smirked before crossing her arms. “It’s true. I can assure you of that.” Seeing the younger girl sniffling less, Abby smiled now. She must have been crying for who knows how long to get her cheeks as red and as puffy as they were…

“Wait, you found the Doppelganger? I thought she left a long time ago…” Kari mumbled, her tears finally subsiding as confusion settled over her features now. Nodding her head in turn, the older blonde chuckled as her now free hand moved up towards her bangs to occupy fingers.  “As did I. But, apparently from what our dear guest tells us, Yu’s been keeping a watchful eye on her in our absence, quite the stroke of serendipity if you ask me.” Eve smiled.

Nodding as well, Kari glanced back down at Abby once more as she lightly gripped the teen in her hands. It was no small feat to have a Doppel show themselves to another. She could only hope it was because she wanted to protect her though... “Y-You’re not hurt at all, r-right…? N-No scratches either!” Nodding her head cheerfully, Kari soon moved the startled girl up to her cheek before clutching her even closer.

“P-Promise?!” Smiling weakly, Abby nodded once more as she tried her best to hug the toddler back. She was always protective of her but it seemed abnormally so today. ‘I guess I really did scare her this time…’ Not that any of this was her fault for that matter…

“Kari, listen to me. I’m, fine! Nothing’s wrong, I didn’t get hurt, and I don’t need medical attention… alright?” Feeling her body jarred as the younger girl nodded her head, the brunette smiled before resting her face on the toddler’s cheek.

“Everything’s alright, I promise.” Watching the two girls in silence, Eve’s lips slowly curled into a smile before she turned her back to them. They had some catching up to do. And, as much as she wanted to keep her Abby with her now that she would be awake for a while, she had someone who needed attending to first… or more, two little someone’s…

“Both of you rest and keep watch over Najia. I know you need to get back to work so I won’t hold you up. I have a few patients I need to look after as well so I’ll be departing now. I’ll come back in the evening to check on you both. Call me if you need anything while I’m gone, Abby.” Eve muttered before giving them both a lighthearted wave.

Pulling her forehead away from Kari’s cheek, Abby looked over her shoulder at the departing Vampire, but, before she could say anything, the little Witch beat her to it. “T-Thank you…” Pausing mid-step, Eve’s brow rose slightly as she glanced back at the younger girl. She was shivering…

Letting out an airy sigh, the blonde nodded her head before wind quickly picked up around her body, taking her away with a gentle breeze in a way only she seemed to be able to travel with. “You’re welcome…” Staring at the spot where the older girl had just been, both Abby and Kari were silent momentarily, before the former of the two looked back up at the child still holding her.

“You’re not still scared of Eve, are you Kari?” Cupping the little Human tightly, the Witch said nothing as she continued to look towards the spot where Eve had just been, her mind seemingly lost as she thought about something else entirely.

“Kari?” Stiffening up, the little blondes focus soon returned before she looked back at Abby quietly. “I-I… We… should check up on Najia…I wanted to talk to you yesterday about her... but, you never came back…” Kari mumbled. Staring up at the little blonde as she averted her eyes, Abby closed her own before nodding.

Something was up with the young Witch… and, as much as she wanted to know what it was, the teenager knew she’d have to be patient. “Alright, let’s go check on our patient than.” Smiling weakly, the younger girl nodded her head before pulling the smaller girl into her as they began to walk away.

 

Both unaware, of the troubled expressions worn on each other’s faces…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

‘Temporal artery, 62 pulses… Carotid artery, 61 pulses… Brachial artery, 62 pulses… … Femoral artery, 61 pulses… Posterior Tibial artery, 62 pulses… Dorsalis Pedis artery… 63 pulses… Radial artery, 60 pulses even…’ Every point was perfect.

Pulling her hands off of Najia’s wrist along with her head, Abby smiled giddily as she looked up at Kari’s fretful gaze. “Every one of her primary arteries is clear, and her heart is pumping perfectly through each of their designated pathways. With no fever either at a standing temperature of 98 even, I think you’ve done it. She’s going to make a full recovery Kari.”

Cupping her mouth silently, the little Blonde began to shiver as she stared down at the sleeping Hominal with glee. They did it! They really did it. Sitting herself down on the unconscious Kitsune’s arm, Abby had to shake her head. This recovery time was unreal.

‘Severe blood loss… poisons in your body and bloodstream… a high fever of 110… You must really be a Monster to survive after all of that…’ Smirking at the comical notion, Abby simply shook her head. Almost all odds had been stacked against the poor woman, and yet, she would make a full recovery in no time flat. Hell, if she had to guess by the way her skin was regaining color and the warmth of her body shed say it would only be another day or two tops.

All things considered, this was the best news they could give everyone. Najia was going to make it. Glancing up at Kari once more, the brunette sighed as she saw her tearing up. “Don’t cry, Kari. I know you’re happy, but you knew she’d recover. You just wanted me to verify it with you to be safe, right?”

The younger girl was skilled when it came to medical knowledge, something that would seem foreign for most children to know. But, she was very bright for her age… and this was one of the easiest diagnosis’ she or her master had ever done for that matter.

Blushing faintly, the younger girl lowered her eyes for a moment before weakly nodding her head. “I-I wanted to make sure there wasn’t anything else wrong with her... anything I might have missed… And, you know more than I do so…” Nodding in understanding, the brunette rubbed the back of her head sheepishly before looking back over to the sleeping woman.

“She’ll come around in no time Kari. You did it.” Hearing a quiet squeal from the child, Abby had to bite her tongue not to laugh. This might be the happiest she had ever seen her. “I can’t wait to tell everyone! I know Casey wants to know but the others need to know too! Should I go now? No, maybe I should wait… but why should I wait? W-Wait, there are still things to do isn’t there? A-Abby what should I do?”

Snickering now from the indecisiveness of the younger girl, the teenager simply shrugged her shoulders. “I guess tell Casey first and then Eve. After that see who else you can find to spread the word around I suppose.” It wasn’t really her place to give advice on the matter but the toddler didn’t look like she honestly knew what she wanted to do herself.

Feeling her eyes widen, Abby all but hit herself as she palmed her forehead. HOW DID SHE FORGET ABOUT HER UNTIL NOW?! “Kari! Where’s Casey at? Is she doing alright?” Looking back down at the smaller human in surprise, the little Witch paused her celebration as a look of worry fell over her prior excited features. “C-Casey… Umm, well…”

Waiting for something more than stutters or incomplete sentences from the child, Abby stood up now. “Kari, is she alright? What happened to Casey? Is she resting in her own domain or is she somewhere in yours? How bad were her injuries? You treated her, right?”

Fidgeting as she was asked question after question from the smaller teen, the toddler soon began to look away. “U-Umm… Casey’s, fine… I guess. But, she’s not in the caves at the moment…” Blinking in surprise from the unexpected answer, the brunette had to scowl now.

“Okay… then, where is she? She fought with Ebon. No one just fights a dragon and walks away unscathed. She wasn’t badly injured, was she?” Watching as the younger girl began to rub her arm nervously, Abby took a deep breath as she tried to calm her nerves. The little Witch was doing a horrible job of it for her…

“Kari… I need to know what happened. Is, Casey, alright?” Looking back down at the stern look being directed her way, the toddler whimpered before shakily nodding her head. “Y-Yes… K-Kind of… Earlier today, Eveline brought her back here before you showed up. She… She was beaten up really badly though… b-b-but none of her wounds were lethal! But… after I bandaged her up and she woke up…” Kari trailed off.

Waiting for her to continue, Abby frowned once more. “What made her leave the caves, Kari, where is she? You said she wasn’t in that bad of shape but that doesn’t sound like something Casey would just do. What are you trying to hide from me? We’re friends, aren’t we?”

Widening her eyes in shock, Kari whimpered louder before kneeling down in front of the table despairingly. “Y-Y-YES! I… I’M NOT…” Seeing tears peek out on the younger girls face, the brunette raised her hands calmingly before nodding her head.

“Kari… there isn’t anything you could tell me that would upset me or make me angry with you. So please, just tell me what Casey’s doing. I NEED, to know. It’s my fault she was hurt after all…” Abby trailed off bitterly. Everything that had befallen them all could be traced back to her… as much as she hated to admit it.

Clutching the wooden stand that Najia’s bed mat rested on, the little Hominal lowered her eyes before nodding. “I… I don’t know what I can tell you, Abby… But, I can show you, if you really want to see. I don’t understand it either…” Looking back at the child in surprise now, the teenager slowly began to nod.

‘I wonder what’s going on with Casey that’s confusing even her…’ Stepping off down from the wooden stand and making her way over to the silent child, the brunette nodded once more. “Alright, Kari. Let’s go take a look together. Is that alright?”

Sniffling, the younger girl nodded before moving her hands around Abby gently. “A-Abby… you promise you won't get mad at me when you see Casey… r-right…?” Feeling herself raised into the air by the fearful girl, Abby quietly looked up at the Hominal’s dishearted face before smiling warmly back at her.

“I promise. Whatever you did probably doesn’t have anything to do with whatever Casey’s doing. So relax. I’m not upset with you, alright?” Nodding timidly, the dirty blonde began making her way out of her cave, as her mind wandered over to what else she could tell the brunette after her last remark.

 

‘Does that mean… I can tell her the truth and she won’t hate me…?’

 

No… she couldn’t tell her. If she ever learned about it, then there was no way the little Human would ever call her a friend again…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“H-Here… she’s up ahead. B-Be quiet though so she doesn’t hear us. I don’t think Casey knows I followed her here earlier.”

 

Sitting atop the young Witch’s shoulder as the dirty blonde began scaling a small pile of rocks on the outskirts of their mountain cave, Abby watched in silence as she lifted her head over the ledge to peer beyond it. What was she about to see she wondered…?

Looking around for a moment, the younger girls eyes soon widened before she licked her lips and nodded. “Y-Yep… she’s still here. H-Here, take a look yourself. This is where she went off to after she woke up. But, I still don’t know what she’s doing…” Kari murmured…

Feeling herself lifted up as the younger girl leaned upwards a tiny bit more, the brunette looked over her shoulder before her eyes widened. She didn’t know what to expect, but, this wasn’t it. Past the small cliffs of the mountainside, was a clearing. It was a perfectly flat plane; one she hadn’t even seen when Amy took her flying earlier.

But, scattered all around it were different boulders and rocks of various shapes and sizes. But, the main thing she was looking for was dead center in the middle of them all. Standing in front of one of the largest of the boulders, was Casey… and she was brandishing her makeshift scythe as well.

‘What on earth are you up to?’ Taking in the younger girl’s appearance, the teen couldn’t help but frown. Now she knew why Kari had been fretting over showing her or even telling her for that matter. The redhead looked… horrible…

White bandages littered both her arms and legs and went up under her dress past what she could see. But, they ended up at her neck which apparently held her head in place where her own shadowy scarf had been prior. From what she could see that wasn’t bandaged, however, the poor girl was still badly bruised.

One side of her face was blackened… and her right eye was swollen as well. ‘C-Casey…’ She must have put up a hard fight to be as covered as she was. Watching the Dullahan as she stood perfectly still, Abby soon looked away as she shifted her gaze back to Kari.

“H-How bad were her injuries? And why did she come all the way out here after she woke up, I still don’t understand…” Clutching the rocks she was hiding behind tightly, the little blonde simply shook her head. “Her injuries weren’t life-threatening but I had to stitch a lot of cuts up with a needle. She’ll probably be able to take the threads out by tomorrow though given how quickly she recovers. Other than that she had some blood loss but not much. I… I don’t know why but, Ebon didn’t really seem to hurt her that much. She must have been distracted or something to not have done any permanent damage to her….” Kari mumbled.

Looking over Casey thoughtfully, Abby silently shook her head. If Ebon wanted to hurt Casey she could have done it in a thousand different ways. This might prove what she thought true. The little Dragon didn’t actually seem to want to hurt any of them. Well… except for her. Closing her eyes quietly, Abby took a deep breath before sighing.

“Okay, but, this doesn’t explain what she’s doing here… Do you know?” Watching in absolute silence, the little Witch said nothing before raising one of her fingers up and pointing down towards the rock the Dullahan was seemingly frozen in front of.

Looking back down at the redhead, the smaller girl grew silent as well as she joined Kari in their watch. Was she going to do something? As seconds ticked by into minutes, both girls continued to look down at the redhead as her hands brandished her weapon outward.

Did she plan on… hitting the rock? Feeling her question suddenly answered as Casey’s arms twitched, both girls looked on with baited breath before their eyes shot open in disbelief. Letting out a loud scream as she swung her scythe at a downward angle into the rock, both the peeping pair was rendered mute by what she had done.

Panting tiredly as the blade of her weapon dug into the ground on the other side of the rock, Casey lifted her head up before a feral grin spread across her lips. Watching with mixed emotions all three girls were just as surprised, as they watched the top half of the stone begin to slide off itself… as it was cleanly cut all the way through.

Hearing a loud crash as the top half of the one-ton boulder fell apart, both Abby and Kari had their mouths hanging agape at what they had just seen. ‘S-S-SHE CUT IT IN HALF?!’ HOW IN THE HELL WAS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE! A blade couldn’t do that to a rock! And… and so perfectly to…

The rigged exterior that had once been surrounding it was now opened to reveal the perfectly smooth surface where the Dullahan’s blade had collided with it. This… this was beyond words. And it looked like Casey was just as surprised as well.

Falling to one knee as she continued to pant from exhaustion, the redhead bit back her grin as she looked at the decapitated boulder before her. “Hell… it’s about damn time… Sheesh…” She had been at it for almost three hours! But, she finally pierced it. No, she destroyed it!

Smiling viciously as she used her scythe as leverage to stand back up, the older girl marveled at her work before shaking her head. “That’ll do…” She would need to learn how to do that with every swing so she didn’t have to concentrate as hard as she did before but this was progress! ‘I wonder what Najia will think when she sees this!’ Hopefully, it wasn’t a one-time kind of deal though…

Hearing as light cracking noise behind her, Casey soon paused her gleeful thoughts before turning around. “Huh?” Watching as some pebbles lightly skid down the side of the cliff behind her, the Dullahan furrowed her brow before scowling.

Keeping her mouth covered as she pressed her back against the other side of the rubble, Kari was wide-eyed as panicked as both she and Abby tried to comprehend what they just witnessed. Feeling just as much panic as the younger Hominal for almost being seen, Abby rested her back into the younger girl’s stomach as they let out a concurrent sigh of relief before they began to whisper.

“WHAT THE HECK DID SHE JUST DO?! H-HOW DID SHE DO IT?!” “I-I-I DON’T KNOW! SHE WAS JUST WHACKING THE ROCKS EARLIER WITH HER WEAPON. HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW SHE’D CUT IT IN HALF!” “IS THIS WHAT SHE’S BEEN DOING THIS WHOLE TIME?! HOW HAS SHE NOT PASSED OUT?” “I DON’T KNOW! DON’T YELL AT ME! YOU SAID YOU WOULDN’T GET ANGRY!” “I’M NOT ANGRY I’M APPALLED! SHE SHOULDN’T BE DOING THINGS LIKE THIS WHEN SHE’S INJURED!” “TELL HER THAT THAN SHE WON’T LISTEN TO ME!”

 

“The hell are you two doin out here?”

 

Screaming simultaneously as they fell forward, both Kari and Abby sputtered as she looked upwards, their faces paling as they saw the Dullahan in question staring down at them darkly. “C-C-Casey?! H-How did you do that!” “It was amazing!” “You’re not hurt are you!?” “Y-Yeah! You shouldn’t be doing things like this!” “Even if they were really cool…” “KARI!” “WHAT?! IT WAS REALLY, REALLY COOL!” “Don’t encourage her!” “R-R-Right! S-Shame on you Casey, don’t do stuff like this when you’re hurt!”

Giving both her voyeurs a deadpanned look, the redhead scowled as she tried to figure out just what the hell was going on. ‘Are they praisin or naggin?’ She couldn’t tell. And they didn’t answer her either. Pulling herself over the side of the cliff as she slid down to join them on the other side, the Hominal sighed tiredly before looking at her two little snoops, her eyes soon landing on Abby as she smiled back at her weakly.

“What I'm doin is my business. It ain't important to the both of ya so leave it alone…” Crawling forward from the toddler's hands, Abby stood up as she looked Casey over, the Dullahan’s emerald eyes soon meeting hers as she smiled. “Glad ta see yer alright though Abby... The bloodsucker said as much but… I-It’s good to know you’re here and safe I guess.” Casey smiled, her tone lacking its usual... mirth? No, it was something else. It almost sounded like guilt really...

Nodding back at her, Abby’s expression remained neutral as she took in the younger girls visage. “Casey… What on earth was that? I don’t know how you did whatever that was just now but you shouldn’t be exerting yourself. Just look at you…” The teenager muttered, before lifting her hands up to point over… all of her.

“You’re bandaged to the teeth and you have internal bleeding going on inside of you. This is no time to do… whatever that was.” Blushing in silence from the older girls words, Casey scratched her cheek sheepishly before simply shrugging. “Ya might have a point. But, I've finished anyways. Besides, the boyd fixed me up real good already. I’m fine-“ “I never said that…”

Gritting her teeth for being called out on the spot; Casey scowled now before reaching forward and pinching the younger Witch's cheek much to her chagrin. “Don’t think I forgot about ya either! What are ya on to be spyin on me all sneaky like?! What in the hell was that about!”

Whining as her face was tugged on, the little blonde cried out as she began pushing back against the redhead. “CASHYYYY!!! SHTOP IT SHTOP IT! CUT IT OUT!” Sliding down Kari’s cloak as she skidded to a stop near their feet, the brunette watched silently before a wide smile spread across her lips as she watched the two children shoving each other around.

“Come on you two knock it off. We should head back to the caves. There’s a lot we have to talk about.” Abby smiled. Tearing their eyes off each other as the Dullahan pulled on Kari’s cheeks and the Witch pulled on Casey's hair, both girls begrudgingly nodded before letting go of one another.

“Why, did something happen?” Smiling back at the redhead, Abby simply nodded. A lot had happened, but, they would talk when they got back. Squabbling aside, when she learned the good news, she knew the Hominal would be thrilled.

Not to mention, when she told them both about her plans on staying with them too. She could only hope that Najia would be as thankful as they made her out to be. Because if she had to actually leave when the time came… her heart might break.

 

She really wanted to be, one of them.

 

To be continued.

End Notes:

 

Like I said up top, I'll try to post again sooner then last time. Please be patiant with me. I just need to check a few chapters to make sure the path I have set up now is right. You kind of lose track of certain things you've set in motion when a story reaches as long as this one has.

Thank you everyone for all your support. It really does mean the world to me. I'll see you all later~

Mine is yours. by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

Well... I'm late... :l

 

Sorry for raising everyones hopes I just got caught on a problem that had to be addressed. So... I kind of had to re-write this whole chapter...

Either way, It's back on track again how I want it so I hope you'll enjoy it. I'm sure quite a lot of you will enjoy what you're about to read.

The next chapter shouldn't take as long as this one did but I will make no promises...

So enjoy and tell me what you think. I think this characters been waiting long enough for some backstory, wouldn't you agree?

 

 

“All be damned… You two actually did it? So, she’s…”

 

Trailing off as she pointed towards the sleeping Kitsune, Casey was at a loss for words as she saw both Abby and Kari nodding as they stood over the unconscious woman. “It’s true. We just checked everything. She’ll make a full recovery in about a day, two at the most.” Abby smiled.

Flopping down onto the small stool that sat beside younger Witch’s workbench, the redhead was mute for a moment as a crooked smile found its way to her lips. She knew all along they would do it… but, to just hear them say it felt like a massive weight was being lifted off of all their shoulders.

“Well, I can’t say I’m surprised. But hell, it’s great to hear it comin from the horse’s mouth an all.” The Dullahan chuckled. Smiling back at the older girl, Kari moved over towards the redhead before extending her arms. Giving the toddler a haggard look, Casey sighed before lifting an arm up as well so the little blonde could hug her back.

Here she was trying to be clingy and shit. But, the headless girl didn’t mind too much. This was definitely a cause for celebration. Hugging her friend happily as she clung to her side, the little Witch smiled weakly before looking over her shoulder towards Abby, the smaller human sitting beside the sleeping Kitsune as she watched quietly.

“T-Thank you, Abby… without you, I don’t think Najia would have recovered. I… I don’t think I could have saved her by myself…” The dirty blonde mumbled weakly. Smiling softly, the brunette lifted her head up before shaking it.

“Don’t put yourself down, Kari. You knew what to do when you patched her up the first time. For all we know, I might have not even needed to help you at all. I still don’t know enough about Hominal biology to tell you if she would have recovered with or without me.” The teenager chuckled.

While that wasn’t entirely true, the younger girl was imperative to their patient’s recovery. And besides, she needed a little self-esteem boost. ‘It’s not like I’m the sole reason Najia’s recovering.’ However, instead of her words having a positive effect on the blonde, they seemed to do the opposite…

Watching as the younger child’s face turned guilty, the brunette had to frown. “Kari, what’s wrong?” Blinking quickly as her name was called, the little Witch looked back up at Abby before swiftly shaking her head. “N-N-Nothing! E-Everything’s great actually… We… we should start telling the others the good news…” The younger girl trailed off unnerving the teen thoroughly.

‘Kari…’ She hadn’t noticed it much when they were tending to the bedridden Hominal… but, now it was becoming more and more apparent the blonde was worried about something. ‘Maybe I’m just being paranoid…’ Kari was usually an open book to her. But, that didn’t seem to be the case now. Perhaps, she was still upset about what had happened to her.

Feeling some guilt of her own now for making the younger girl worry about her, the brunette was about to speak up before Casey’s voice broke both of them out of their troubled thoughts. “Hey? What’s with those scowlin looks? I thought we were supposed to be happy and laughin. The hells wrong with the two of ya?” The Dullahan scowled before pulling the startled Witch a little closer into her as she deepened their hug.

“You two just saved us after all. All of us.” Casey remarked, her tone turning serious bringing both girls back to their reality. Looking back over towards Najia was she slept soundly, a small smile soon found its way to both Kari and Abby’s faces before the little Witch nodded.

“I-I guess… we should tell Eve. And after that, we can- Hey?! Casey!” Shoving the little blonde off of her as she soured from the mention of the Vampiress, the redhead sighed before crossing her arms. “We’ll tell everyone eventually but I’m serious! We should celebrate! Actually…” Casey trailed off before her eyes shifted towards the confused teenager.

“Do ya think I could borrow ya for a bit, Abby?” Blinking in confusion, the brunette looked back at her Hominal guardian before glancing over to Kari, the younger girl simple shrugging in just as much uncertainty. She didn’t know what her friend wanted to do. Though, she hardly ever did…

Looking back at the redhead in doubt, the teen eventually sighed before nodding. “I guess. Do you need some Energy to heal up?” She still looked pretty battered after everything that had happened. Blushing faintly, the headless girl smiled weakly as her hands found their way to her back as she stood up.

“N-Not necessarily… N-Not that I’m not sayin I don’t wanna! I… I just have somethin else in mind.” Casey smiled weakly. ‘Is… is she being bashful…?’ This was Casey, right? Shrugging her shoulders, the smaller teen nodded once more. “I guess. What do you want to do?”

Grinning slyly now, the redhead’s former shyness vanished as she moved towards the smaller girl. “Don’t ya worry yer lil head about it. It’ll be… a surprise.” Casey chuckled. Feeling somewhat unnerved by the larger girls words, the brunette sighed inwardly.

‘Great… what did I just get myself into?’ She didn’t know what the Dullahan planned for her, but if it took precedence over her restoring her own Energy, then that had to make her worry. Moving her hands behind her back once more as she cupped her wrists, the younger girl continued to grin before she turned her back to them both.

“I’ll be back shortly. I just need to grab a few things first. Alright?” Furrowing her brow from the strange way the Hominal was suddenly acting, Abby nodded quietly as her eyes darted towards Kari for answers… but, it seemed even she was just as confused by her friend's actions as well from the look on her face.

“S-Sure… How long will you be gone, Casey?” Shrugging her shoulders, the Dullahan grinned before simply walking away, her mind now lost to something else as she left the other two alone to their thoughts…

Staring over where Casey had just been, both Abby and Kari were silent before the former glanced at her younger companion. “So… that was, weird…”  Nodding as well, the little Witch looked back at Abby as she frowned. “I guess she has something planned for the two of you. I wonder what though… She never said anything about it to me…”

Scratching her cheek sheepishly, the brunette soured momentarily as her mind wondered what it was. ‘I have a hunch but…’ It seemed so unlike Casey she was probably wrong. Sighing tiredly, the teenager simply shook her head before smiling back up at the younger girl.

“I guess I’ll just have to wait and see. There’s no point guessing what it is and spoiling her *surprise*.” Abby chuckled. Looking back up at the toddler half-heartedly, the teen soon had to pause as she saw a strange look on the child’s face now.

“Kari?” Standing perfectly still as her eyes focused on the ground in front of her, the little blonde was silent for a moment before her quivering gaze traveled over towards her, a look of uncertainty now present. Something was wrong…

“Kari, you’ve been acting kind of… detached today. Is everything alright? We were talking together fine earlier, but… after checking on Casey you’ve been…” Trailing off as she tried to find the right word, the brunette soon sighed before closing her eyes.

“Just tell me what’s on your mind. Something's bothering you. What is it? And, can I help at all?” She wasn’t going to claim to know everything about the little Witch, hell… she knew more about everyone else… but, that didn’t mean she wasn’t going to do everything she could to put her at ease. She did something recently to cause her to act this way no doubt. Now it was just figuring out a matter of what it was…

‘Kari… there isn’t anything you could tell me that would upset me or make me angry with you.’ She had said that… but even so… was it true? Looking down at Abby silently, the younger girl licked her lips before they parted.

“A-Abby… Do… Do you think, you could forgive someone if they lied to you…?” Furrowing her brow, the teen was mute as she contemplated the question. ‘If someone lies to you?’ Where was this coming from all of a sudden? “I guess… it would just depend on what the person lied about. And, if they did it to hurt someone else I suppose. You… you don’t think I lied to you about something, do you?”

Looking back at Abby with wide eyes, Kari sputtered before waving her hands around. “N-N-NO, I… I DON’T THINK THAT! I DIDN’T MEAN YOU!” She knew Abby wouldn’t lie to her! But… the same couldn’t be said for her…

Staring back at the child as the guilty look returned to her features, Abby quietly nodded. She kind of got it now. “Kari… if there’s something you need to tell me… you can. You can tell me anything… You know that, right? I won’t judge you or be upset with you. I promise. We’re friends after all.”

Choosing her words carefully, Abby was relieved as she saw the faintest of smiles make its way to the younger Witch’s lips before she nodded. However… after a few more moments of silence, once it seemed the younger Hominal was about to speak up again, someone else beat her to it…

 

“Nyaa…”

 

Blinking as the faintest of noises registered in their ears, both Abby and Kari were drawn away from one another and towards the small entryway into the younger Hominal’s chambers. Looking forward in surprise now, Kari was swiftly brought out of her troubled state as she watched Nya quietly crawling into the caverns. She was back!

“NYA! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!” She hadn’t seen the Beastial in almost two days! After Ebon came to her chambers and made a mess of the place, she had treated the younger girl before she just vanished! Not to mention when she tried searching the little Neko’s own den she had been vacant there as well. Why was she gone so long!

Running over towards the little brunette, Kari stood over the smaller girl as she looked her over cautiously. She looked, better, but she still had some slight bruising on her face from before. What had she been doing all this time?

“Nya… where were you? I’ve been worried sick!” Lifting her head up tiredly as she heard her friends voice, the Neko purred softly back at the blonde before raising her nose into the air and taking a few long sniffs. Watching as the toddler swung her tail back and forth, Kari’s eyes followed the cats before they both landed back on Abby, the teenager still in a state of surprise as she looked on at the younger child. She hadn’t been filled in until now about what happened to her…

“Nya, you’re alright. I-I’m glad…” Abby smiled. She had been wondering why the brunette hadn’t been sleeping near or around Kari the last couple times she was in here. At least she was safe, albeit, a bit battered from the looks of the frayed bandages around her arms.

Walking past Kari much to the Witch’s surprise now, Abby looked on at the younger Beastial before the Neko moved in front of her, her slanted emerald eyes now focused on what they really wanted. “Hey Nya, it’s good to see you. How are you doing?”

Giving the smaller girl a quiet smile, the Neko continued to purr before withdrawing her head into her own baggy dress. “Nya?” Stepping back over towards Abby as she watched, Kari was silent as well as she looked back at her friend. What was she doing?

Jerking her head around a few times, the kitten soon pulled her face out of her clothes… as something dangled freely from her mouth… Looking at the little Beastial in silence, both Kari and Abby were quiet now as they saw the child swinging what looked like… a piece of string back and forth in the corner of her mouth.

Staring at the bright red ribbon held firmly between the cat girl's lips, the teen was soon at a loss for words. “N-Nya… you found it…” Blinking in confusion, Kari glanced towards the shrunken human now as she saw a look of shock present over the teenager’s face. “Abby, what is it? What does she have in her mouth?” It just looked like some piece of cloth or ribbon. Where did she find it anyways?

It was her mother’s silk ribbon! After Casey had taken her to her own room when they first talked she hadn’t seen it again since. ‘Did it get lost somewhere?’ And, had Nya been looking for it this whole time for her? But… why…?

Staring down at the Neko speechlessly, Abby was at a loss for words. Why did her mother’s memento mean so much to her…? It should have only been special for her for its sentiment. What made this ribbon so special to the little Beastial, to the point where she set out to retrieve it for her a second time…?

Dropping the silken cloth in front of the little human, Nya closed her eyes happily before lowering her head. “Nyaaa!” She really had… hadn’t she? Leaning down to touch the crimson silk, Abby was quiet as she looked it over.

It was slightly dirty, but, intact. She must have been guarding it closely. ‘Just like she was doing when we met again…’ Clutching the ribbon closer as she held it in her arms, a small smile formed on the teen’s lips before she looked down at the little Neko, her head still bowed in front of her for some reason.

“Thank you Nya. It really means a lot that you’ve been taking care of this for me. But… why do you want to protect my mother’s memento so much? That’s what you were doing, right? Why?” Watching as the younger brunette lifted her head up silently, Abby was mute as she saw a look present on the cat girl that wasn’t there before.

She was looking at her… almost, reverently…

 

Why was Nya looking at her like that?

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

~5 months ago~

 

“Nyaaaaaa~”

“Nyaaaaaaaa~”

“Nyaaaaaaaaaa!”

 

Rolling around as her hair was licked repeatedly, the little Neko purred contently as an older woman stroked her tongue down the younger girl’s locks as her arms pinned the smaller Beastial into her, her purrs just as loud as the child’s as they sat with each other.

The woman, however, resembled the little Neko. But, that was obvious. After all, she was one too. Her brown locks were longer then the child’s almost to the point of them being a mane rather than hair. Her eyes as well were similar, verdant yet slanted. And of course, a sharp pair of fangs peeking out in the corners of her mouth and a furry pair of ears protruding from her scalp with a long elegant tail curled around behind her.

It was bathing time for her little kitten, but, that was every few hours usually. She could get messy rather quickly when they played together. Purring contently as the kitten mewed from her grooming, the older woman’s slanted eyes traveled over her as she looked her over for any spots she may have missed before smiling.

“Nyayaya, nyaaya ya.” Rolling off the older woman’s lap as she laid on her back, the younger girl smiled up at the older brunette as she exposed her stomach to her. Smiling softly, the woman moved her front hand forward before resting it gently on her kitten’s belly before rubbing it back and forth gently.

“Nyaaaaaaa!”

She was going to get dirty again if she kept rolling in the dirt like that. Withdrawing her hand and nudging the child with her head, the woman soon stood on all fours before walking off, Nya soon mimicking the woman, albeit clumsily before following along after her, her eyes darting back and forth as she watched her mother’s tail taunting her.

Feeling her furry appendage being batted at as they walked, the dark-haired Nekojin purred softly as they moved towards the border of a small human settlement. It was one of the few that they had encountered when they traveled, but this was a good place.

It had lots of food for them to find and the humans here didn’t always attack them. The worst she could remember was being hit with some kind of bush on a long stick once by some older woman, but that hadn’t been too bad. They liked it here. And, it was a safe place to raise her kitten. The woods surrounding it were much more dangerous, especially come nightfall…

Moving to the side of the wooden fence that surrounded the borders of the town, the Neko looked around for her usual spot before her slanted eyes lit up upon seeing the hole they regularly used. Moving to one side and flicking her tail towards the other to guide her kitten, the older Neko laid on her belly before crawling her way under, Nya soon following behind her obediently. This wasn’t the first time they got in this way.

The front open area where the humans went in and out wouldn’t let them in for some reason… Some Humans were mean like that but most of these ones were indifferent if they got caught. Usually, they were just chased off and shouted at. Prowling down the alleyway behind the two buildings they had snuck behind, the older of the two looked around for a moment before her eyes lit up.

It was there! She didn’t know why but these Human’s always set out bottles near the front of their buildings. Sometimes they were empty but other times they had cream in them, Like today! Looking back at her daughter cautiously, the older of the two growled softly causing the younger one to sit down expectantly.

Nodding, the brunette stalked over towards the building before peering out, her eyes darting back and forth as she looked for any humans. Thankfully it didn’t seem any were there. Walking at a snail’s pace as she made her way towards the free meal, the Beastial moved her clawed digits out before retreating in a matter of seconds.

Tucking the bottle into her chest as she kicked off the ground and jumped back over to her daughter, the older Neko smiled before showing the white liquid to her kitten, her eyes lighting up in excitement as she looked back at it. It was food!

These humans were good ones. Leaving food out for them like that was unlike them but they didn’t care. It was time to eat! Pulling on the annoying metal thing that kept it closed for some reason, the cat woman grunted before the cap snapped off causing its contents to spill onto the ground.

“NYAAA!”

Nodding her head, both Nekos smiled before leaning their heads down to lap at the pale liquid in pleasure. It was rich today. Just how they liked it~! As they continued to drink the creamy substance, however, a loud banging echoed out where the older Beastial had just been before an angry cry rang out.

Lifting her head up as her daughter continued to drink from the plentiful pool, the Beastial furrowed her brow as she listened to what sounded like a man speaking. “Monster! Stolen! Dead! Demon cat!” Turning her head sideways as she listened to the familiar words she often heard humans speaking as they argued, the older Neko’s tail rose up drawing her daughter’s attention back to her.

Whenever she heard one of those words it meant it was time to go. The Humans often said them before they were attacked. Whining as she looked down at the small pool of cream that remained, the older of the two moved behind the younger brunette before biting down on the back of her neck and tugging her along.

Whimpering as she was forced to leave her meal, Nya walked alongside her mother as they made their way back towards their small crawl hole… before they both stopped dead in their tracks. Growling deeply as it echoed from her throat, the older woman began to back away as they retreated back into the alley they had been hiding in.

Two humans carrying pointy sticks were by the hole while another covered it back up. Whenever they had those four-pronged sticks they usually tried to hurt them. They needed to find another way out. “Nyaya! Nyaa ya yanya!” Lifting her head up timidly, the little Neko tried to peek her own head out before the back of her neck was tugged to stop her.

“Nyaya!” Whimpering again before her stomach growled, the kitten followed behind her older woman as they began to stalk away. Finding a way out was their priority. They could come back for food again later when these Humans weren’t in a bad mood. Today looked like they might attack them…

Walking behind different houses that were lined side by side, the Beastials paused as they saw a small clearing up ahead. It looked like a field of some kind with long stalks. Perhaps they could hide there for a while. Either that or use it for cover till those humans who were covering their hole left so she could dig it out again.

“Nyayaaa yaya…” Nodding obediently, the little kitten lifted her head like her mother had taught her as she peered around before sprinting over into the field. Diving into the long stalks of brush, the brunette poked her head out briefly as she looked back at the older Nekojin, but she didn’t need to wait long.

Sprinting across at a pace much faster than her daughter had used, the Neko dived into the brush as she crawled on all fours. Sniffing the air repeatedly as they laid down in silence, the older of the two eventually nodded before raising first to observe their hiding spot.

It was a field of some kind and this looked like some of the stuff the humans gave other humans for things. They probably made it here. It would be a safe place to stay for a short time. It wasn’t very early yet so they could get away with waiting for a couple hours till some less scary humans came out.

Curling up on the ground and moving her arm out, the brunette jerked her head before Nya came over to her quickly. Cuddling into the older woman, the kitten burrowed her head into her mother’s chest before a protective arm was gently draped over her.

 

They would get out of here soon, so now was as good a time for a nap as any. They needed to conserve their energy… the meal they were having before didn’t give them very much…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

‘Sniff… sniff, sniff…’

 

Food?

 

Lifting her head up sleepily as a pleasant aroma wavered over to her, Nya leaned up tiredly before yawning. Sprawling out on the ground as she stretched her spine out, the little Neko looked down at her mother curiously as she saw the older Beastial still soundly sleeping.

Poking her head above the large stalks that still surrounded them, the auburn-haired kitten looked around curiously as she tried to figure out, what smelled so good… Glancing back and forth, the younger girl didn’t need to wonder very long as she saw a wooden box next to the field they were by.

It was big and had animals attached to it. It was hard to remember correctly but she had seen Humans riding inside them before. But, it didn’t look like any humans were in it now. But, there was something in there that smelled good.

Retracting her head and peeking down at her mother, the kitten purred softly before nudging the older woman with her forehead. But, it didn’t look like she was ready to wake up yet. Nudging the younger girl away, the older Beastial continued to nap in silence as she ignored the repeated pokes from the smaller girl.

Pouting in annoyance, Nya soon whimpered as her stomach let out a soft gurgle. She still hadn’t eaten much today. And yesterday hadn’t been that good for that matter either. She had to get something to eat or else her tummy would never stop!

Looking back over the brush at the cart once more as she observed it, the little Neko licked her lips before stalking on the ground towards it. What the older cat didn’t know wouldn’t hurt her. Or, perhaps she could bring her something to eat this time instead!

Beaming cheerfully, Nya’s head soon exited the large stalks as her ears listened intently. She could hear people. It sounded like a couple of Humans were on the front of the box but no one was back where the open part was.

Grinning cheekily, the little Neko lowered her tail to the ground before crawling over as her ears twitched from left to right. She wouldn’t be caught off guard… this time. Popping her head up as she looked into the back of the wooden contraption, the little Neko’s eyes lit up in glee as she saw it.

A bunch of food was in here! It looked like there was a bunch of that tough meat the humans ate, some weird plants and even some more of the yummy white cream! Running towards the meat since it was already opened, and what first caught her attention, Nya wasted no time at all as she began tugging pieces out to eat.

Gnawing on the dried morsels, the little Neko purred in bliss as she ate. The human's made meat taste much better than the stuff they caught themselves. It was usually watery and sometimes gooey. This was much more appealing!

Eating a couple more pieces quickly, the little Kitten grabbed a few more in her mouth before turning around. She had to be quick before the humans noticed-. Blinking in surprise as the opening where she had just been closed behind her partially, the Neko’s ears perked up before she ducked behind the crate she had been hovering over. Someone was here!

Closing the back gate to the carriage, a middle-aged man looked over the contents of the cart before giving it a loud smack. “You’re all set lad. We’ll see ya next week with yer supplies. Make sure to bring some of this seasons’ apples. Ya didn’t have any this time. Lord knows how some of the lass’ want’um.” He chuckled.

Waving back to the farmer behind him, the first of the two men on the cart lifted the reins he had been holding up before snapping them causing the horses on the other end to begin walking off. They had a deadline to make. This was only the second of the seven stops they had to make for this week.

Cowering as she felt the wooden floor beneath her vibrate, Nya’s eyes began to bead as she poked her head out to look around. What was going on! Ignoring her fear, the toddler moved towards the back of the carriage before rising up on two legs as she tried to peek over the large side.

Paling as she saw the town she and her mother had been in shrinking into the distance, the little Beastials mouth opened before she grit her teeth.

 

“NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

 

 

Looking over the various goods he had received as per their usual trades, the middle-aged farmer checked each of the items as he took stock, making sure everyone got the right amount needed for their stalls. With Winter coming up it was a good time to start stocking up. Hopefully, they would make enough this year to-

“NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

 

Looking back towards where the trader's carriage had been before, the older man furrowed his brow before hearing a low growling noise echo out behind him. Paling from the otherworldly sound, the farmer mustered up the courage to look behind him… right as something passed over his head…?

Landing on all fours as her tail raised in the air defensively, the older Nekojin glared towards where she had heard her daughter’s call before taking off in a sprint. WHERE WAS HER KITTEN! Running at a quickened pace as she saw a small cart before her, the Beastial focused intently on it before her eyes widened.

SHE WAS IN THE CART! Looking back as she saw her daughters head peeking out slightly, the older Neko yowled in rage before sprinting towards it faster. SHE WAS HER DAUGHTER, THEY COULDN’T TAKE HER! Falling back on her butt as her hind legs gave out under her, Nya whimpered before a loud scream rang out on the other side of the wooden crate.

IT WAS HER MOTHER! “NYAAAA! NYAAAAAA! NYAAAAAAAAA!” “What the hell was that?!” Stiffening, the child paled before looking behind her. Humans… Pulling the small cloth that covered the other side of the carriage away, the merchant's partner looked into the back of their cart before scowling.

“The hell was that ya heard it to right? I’m tellin ya, there was somethin!” Ignoring his friend as he focused on the horses, the other merchant tried to shrug the strange noise they had heard prior off before jumping as something banged into the back of their carriage.

“What in the hell… Hey, take a look back, is something there?” Scowling the second merchant grabbed the side of the cart for balance before leaning out to look behind them… before all the blood in his face drained. “M-Monster… T-T-There’s a damned beast tailing us!”

“What?!” Jumping as something banged into the cart again, both men began to sweat as they fully realized what it was now. A Monster was attacking them now all of a sudden?! What was going on! They hadn’t had an attack in the past couple months so why was one happening now before winter of all times?!

Matching the carts pace as she glared at the wooden carriage, the older Neko growled before leaping forward and banging her body into the cart. She had to get her daughter out! “NYAYAYA! NYAYA!” Hissing as she called out for her daughter, the little Neko’s furry ears popped over the side briefly as she whimpered something out before they vanished! WHAT WERE THEY DOING TO HER DAUGHTER!

“NYAAYAAAA!” Kicking off the ground harder, the older Beastial soon reached the base of the cart before leaping off the ground and impacting the cart once again… only this time, she stuck to it. Digging her daggerlike nails into the wood as she clung to it, the brunette looked over the side before her eyes softened upon seeing her kitten’s crying face.

 

“NYAAAAAAAAAAA!” “NYAYAYAAA!”

Raising herself up on her hind legs again as she tried to reach her mother, the little Neko’s continued to cry as she saw the older woman's panicked face. She wanted to be back with her! She didn’t care about any of this food anymore she wanted out!

Growling in anger, the cat woman yanked out one of her hands before slashing viciously at the wood as she began to shred it. She’d break it apart if she had to! “GET OFF OF US YA MONSTER!” Lifting her head up angrily, the older woman soon ducked as something shot past her head.

Glaring back at the Human who held aimed some kind of weapon at her, the Beastial didn’t pay him much mind as she went back to work slashing apart the door. Stabbing her nails into the front and ripping out a chunk, the Nekojin yowled once again as she saw her Daughter still cowering on the floorboards.

“Nyayaya! Nyaa nyaaya-“

Feeling her eyes bead as her nails came off, the woman only had seconds to process what had happened before she fell to the ground in pain, and… off the cart. “NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!” Crying out for her mother to come back, Nya scream loudly as she began to bang from the inside of the carriage. Where was her mother! Where did she go?!

Sighing with relief as he lowered his crossbow, the younger merchant scowled as he saw the Monster he had hit slowly crawling to its feet in the distance. He only hit it in the shoulder, but thankfully it was enough to rattle it off their cart.

Hopefully, the damage hadn’t been too extensive… It could cost them a lot to have to fix their cart right before a seasons end. “Did ya get it?” “Ya, I got it. The damned thing shouldn’t be comin back. But even so, we best skip the next village and circle back. Who knows how long that thing’ll be lurkin. Damned Monsters…”

Nodding to his companion, the other man crawled back into his spot before sighing. Why did that thing attack them so suddenly? It just seemed so random… But, it probably wouldn’t try it again. Not after getting wounded. If they were lucky though, hopefully, the hit had been fatal. The last thing they needed was any more Monster attacks…

They would just need to skip Monkstown and head straight for Darrowford instead. It was only half a day’s journey difference… but even so, their lives were more important than their deadlines…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Parking their cart in the back entrance of the village, both merchants hoped off before walking around each side of their carriage to inspect it. Thankfully it didn’t look like there was to much damage to the sides… but, the same couldn’t be said for the door on the back. It was almost completely torn off! Jagged chunks were missing and everything!

“Damn it… Lowsy Monster... Do ya know if there’s a wood smith in this town?” Shaking his head sadly, the other merchant sighed before unlatching what remained of the door from the side of the cart. “Hell if I know. Let's ask around after we deliver their quot-.”

Crying out as the door slammed open once it was unlatched, both men backed up in surprise as something tumbled out from the inside of their cart! What in gods name was that! Lifting her head up groggily as a faint trail of blood dribbled down her forehead where she had been banging it the past few hours, Nya’s eyes blurred briefly as she began to look for her mother.

“N-Nyaa… nya… N-NYAAAAAAAAAA!”

“Another one?! What the hell was that damned thing doin in the cart?!” “Ya mean… w-we were ridin with that… thing, this whole time!” Looking behind her in confusion as she saw two humans who look equally perplexed, the little Neko didn’t give them long to think before she took off in a sprint.

“NYAAAAA! NYAAAAAAAAA! NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

 

Where was her mother? Why wasn’t she calling out to her? Why couldn’t she smell her? Why couldn’t she see her! why was she not here!!! Screaming for her over and over, the little Neko soon drew a small crowd before coming to a standstill in front of a small cluster of humans.

“Cat… Monster… Kill…”

Backing up defensively as she saw some bigger Humans stepping forward, the Neko Yowled angrily before crying out as she was kicked. Flying back a few feet as the wind was knocked out of her, the Beastial whined as tears streamed from her eyes.

“N-Nyaaaaaa…” Why… was has her mother gone? Seeing the man who had kicked her along with a couple others getting closer, the little Neko whimpered before standing up… only to run away. She couldn’t do anything about these Humans without her Mother. They were strong… and she wasn’t…

 

“Kill… kill… kill…”

 

What did this word mean? And why did they all keep saying it? It didn’t matter… she had to hide until her mother could find her. How long could it take? Whenever she got lost in the woods her mother always found her in no time…

This would be no different.

She would come for her…

She would…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

~ One month later ~

 

Hunger… it hurt… everything hurt…

 

Lying on her side inside of a discarded box she had found for shelter, Nya was motionless as she continued to wait. Her Mother hadn’t come yet. She hadn’t so much as smelled her scent in weeks… and… she was beginning to forget what she smelled like…

Tugging the light brown cloth over her naked form for warmth, the little Beastial whimpered. She missed her Mother's warm arms. They always cradled her and kept her comfy. This was dark… and wet… and her fur was a mess. She needed a bath…

“Nyaaa…” Her calls were weak… her mother would never hear her like that… She needed, food… But… there was none. None of these bins had any, nor did the boxes. And the Humans… they wouldn’t let her have any. She didn’t have the strength to fight for it either.

Cupping her tummy as she gently felt her bones through her skin, the toddler began to cry softly. “N-Nyaa… nya… nyaaa…” She just wanted to see her Mother again… she missed her so much.

 

“Is someone hurt?”

 

A voice? It sounded nice. “Nyaa…” It wasn’t her Mother’s though… Cracking her eyes open as the front of her shelter was pulled aside, Nya looked up weakly as she saw… a Human… staring back at her. Watching as the girl reached towards her, images of them kicking her echoed in her mind before she hissed angrily.

“NYA! NYAAA!” She didn’t want trouble! She just wanted her Mother! Why did they keep attacking her! “Y-You’re hungry… aren’t you?” Was, she asking her something? It was clearer than the other humans… Eyeing the stranger in confusion, Nya stiffened as something was presented to her.

Twitching her nose as she sniffed a nostalgic aroma, the little Neko lifted her head weakly as her mouth began to water, and her stomach began to growl. It… it was food. W-Was this for her…? But, this was a Human…

“H-Here, I’m not going to hurt you. Just take it alright? I can tell you’re hungry.” Her voice… it sounded, beautiful. Looking up at the woman who looked younger than most of the other Human’s she had seen, Nya was silent as she etched in her visage into her mind.

She looked cute and kind. Her face was clear, and her eyes were teal. And her hair was the same color as her Mothers. Feeling an immediate connection to the stranger before her, Nya looked down weakly before the food was waved in front of her face again.

“I won’t do anything to you. Please, just eat it.” It was for her… She had brought her food… She… was feeding her… Leaning her head forward cautiously, almost as if this were a mistake in the making, Nya closed her eyes before taking a bite of whatever it was presented to her… before taking another… and more after that.

IT TASTED DELICIOUS! Scarfing down mouthfuls of the bread as she tasted a creamy taste alongside it, the little Neko sobbed and sniffled as she ate. She was a kind Human… those existed? She had never met one who tried to feed her before. She liked her…

Licking the crumbs off of the girl's hand as she tried to lap up any of the milk she had missed, Nya smiled weakly before looking back up at the pretty Human. Would… would she protect her? Would she look after her until her mother came? Would, she be her friend…?

“S-Stop, that tickles!” Smiling as she heard the younger Human’s laughter, Nya leaned up before inching forward as she ignored her fatigue. “Nya!” However… as she crawled fully out of her makeshift shelter, the little Neko paused as she saw a different look pass over the strangers face.

She looked… scared. “Nya? Nyaa! Nyaaa!” Why wasn’t she saying anything? What was wrong? “M-Monster… Y-Y-You’re a Monster…?” Monster… she recognized that word. Those mean Human’s used to say it a lot when they saw her and her Mother… Did… Did she mean her…?

“S-STAY BACK! G-G-GET AWAY FROM ME!” Jumping back a bit from the tone the girl now took with her, a fretful expression filled the little Beastial. Her new friend was upset! “N-Nya, nyaa! Nya!” She wasn’t a… Monster? Whatever that was. Why was the pretty Human scared of her now!

Clinging to the older girls arm tearfully, the brunette soon jerked her arm away before running off, leaving a very alone, and a very confused Neko lying where she had landed. Sitting motionless on the ground as her eyes beaded, the toddler soon began to whimper before looking down at the small piece of fabric that came from the stranger.

It looked pretty, like her. She would probably want it back… She would give it to her! Then they could be friends again! Picking up the long red ribbon with her lips, the child was careful not to rip it with her fangs as she sat down on all fours and waited. The girl would be back… she had to come back.

 

And she would be waiting to give it back to her!

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Stepping through the streets she found herself in, Najia was silent as she took stock of what to pick up. She had made a small list but along with her children, it grew as well. ‘Kari needed herbs, and you wanted some new fabrics, Eve. Casey wanted a black thread for her stitches, and Brook needed some spices for our dinner. Poppy wanted me to make her some more sake as well, and Ebon wanted more metals for Ivy…’

Surprisingly this was a shorter list than most days… As the Kitsune paced down the vacant streets of the dreary town, the blonde had to pause as she felt a faint pulse startling her thoroughly. “Here?” But, this was in the middle of nowhere… Then again so was the rest of them…

Moving between two buildings as she looked into a grimy alleyway, the older woman was silent as she saw her. Kneeling down on the ground over an unconscious Neko, Najia was at a loss for words. ‘How did this poor thing get here?’

She looked like she was on death's door… Moving her hand over to her abdomen, a faint pulsing light shimmered from beneath her yellow robes before she moved her radiating palm back down onto the passed out girl.

“Rest little one. I’ll take care of you from now on.” Smiling as she saw the child's ear faintly twitch, Najia pulled the limp girl into her arms before frowning. What was between her lips? It looked like some kind of red string.

Moving her hand closest to her face down to pull it off of her, the Kitsune soon paused as she saw the sleeping child… now awake… “Grrr…” Did, she just growl? Moving her hand away from her face, Nya soon closed her cracked open eyes before falling back asleep.

It seemed… so sudden. Looking down at the ribbon she tightly held between her lips, Najia nodded before walking away with her. If she wanted to keep it then she was in no position to take it from her. It was her treasure no doubt. Though, for what reason, she didn’t know.

 

Perhaps the child could tell her once she awoke. That is if she was intelligent enough to do it. For all she knew, the poor girl might have succumbed to her hunger an be feral or just attack her.

 

But, she would be ready for whatever the case.

 

It couldn’t be worse then what had happened with Enya after all.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Holding onto her mother’s Ribbon as she clung to it tightly, Abby was silent as she saw an all too pleased look present over the Neko’s features. ‘Nya…’ Smiling softly back at the kitten as she swung her tail back and forth, the brunette was silent as she looked back down at her memento.

“Thank you Nya. I’m glad you care for this as much as I do. I can tell you took really good care of it for me.” Nodding happily, the toddler sat perched her hands up on the bed stand beside Abby before leaning forward and giving the smaller girl a long lick.

Cringing as she smiled, Abby chuckled before pushing the Beastial back. “A-Alright, Nya, that’s enough! Stop it!” She laughed. Petting the toddler’s cheek as she purred above her, Abby was silent for a moment before looking back over to the ribbon.

She probably cared for this as much as her. Perhaps, she could do this for her in return since she cares so much about it. Smiling softly, the teen soon looked to Kari as she waved the little Witch over to her. “Hey Kari, can you do something for me?” Stepping over towards the both of them, the little blonde nodded as she looked back at the smaller human.

“What is it, Abby?” Moving her ribbon towards her, the smaller girl simply grinned. “Put it over her neck please.” Looking down at the both of them confused, the child soon nodded before doing as she was told. Looking down at the smaller girl as she went beneath her chin, Nya tried to look down before the teenager pushed her chin back up.

“Hold on Nya, just give me a second!” Blinking obediently, the larger girl held still as she felt Abby doing something to her. She could feel something rubbing against her neck. Grabbing both ends of her ribbon as she maneuvered the larger fabric around, the brunette soon paused to look at her work before nodding.

‘Kind of lopsided but I don’t think she’ll mind.’ “Alright Nya, you can take a look now!” Abby called out before ducking out from under the Neko. Tilting her head down and looking around, the cat girl said nothing as she moved her hand up to her neck. Something was around her throat.

Touching it a few times, the toddler beamed before sprinting away from both girls as she looked into the large pool of water beside them. She was wearing it! Mewing loudly as she saw her own reflection, Nya purred louder than before as she gently batted the red lassy ribbon now tied into a bow around her neck. Did she want her to have it?!

Looking back over at Abby expectantly, the little Neko bolted over towards her again before beaming. “NYAAA?! NYA, NYA!” “She’s asking if it's hers…” Kari mumbled as she looked down at her friend. Nodding in affirmation, Abby soon fell backward’s in laughter as the Neko’s tongue began to bathe her once more.

“N-N-NYA! I-ITS FINE, S-STOP!” Why did she always have to groom her! Giggling as she pet the excited kitten, Abby was silent for a moment before wrapping her arms around her. “I want you to have it Nya. This ribbon is the only thing I have left after my house burned down. Its… it’s the only thing I had left of her. You’ll keep it safe for me, right?”

Pulling her face back so she could look at her again, Nya mewed quietly before bowing her head. “Nya.” “Yes.” Nodding, Abby smiled back at the younger girl before frowning as she saw her fall onto her back. “Nya? Whats wrong?”

Looking down at the little Beastial together, both Abby and Kari were surprised now as they watched her stretch herself out before pulling up her small shirt to reveal her belly. What was she doing? “N-Nya?! A-Are you really doing what I think you’re doing…?”

Looking back at the younger Witch confused, the brunette soon scowled. “What? What is she doing?” Why was she showing her stomach to her? Fidgeting as a small blush entered her cheeks, Kari looked back down at Abby before squatting down.

“U-Umm… she… she wants you to pet her belly. A Beastial does this… to show loyalty to their owner. It means she trusts you. Trusts you enough to touch her weak spot…” The blonde murmured. She had never done this for either her or for Najia…

Standing in silence for a moment, the teen scowled once more before shaking her head. “D-Did you say, owner…? K-Kari, I’m not her owner… I’m just… her friend…” Shaking her head as she tried to explain their dynamic, the younger girl soon frowned as well.

“She doesn’t see you that way. If a Beastial does this it’s only to one person. Their alpha… She thinks you’re hers. Abby… this is an honor. From what I’ve asked Najia, she says Beastial never show their loyalty to human's and reserve it for their mates usually. I know she doesn’t see you as that but she still wants you to touch her. I… I don’t think you can refuse. This isn’t something she would forget if you reject her…” Kari muttered with worry.

Nya was a very shy girl. If Abby didn’t reciprocate this… then she might vanish again… possibly for good… Feeling a strange heavyweight thrust upon her shoulders all of a sudden, the brunette frowned before shaking her head again.

‘H-Her owner… Nya…’ Looking into the kitten’s emerald eyes as she continued to smile up at her, the teen soon sighed before stepping towards the edge of the nightstand. “Kari… p-put me on her stomach please…” Nodding weakly, the little witch did as she was told before setting Abby down on the younger girl’s belly.

Standing on the squishy ground she had grown somewhat accustomed to due to Poppy, the teenager was silent before kneeling down. “Nya… I’m not your owner. I don’t see you… as some kind of a pet. I don’t. But, I still see you as a close friend. And I’ll always be your friend. Thank you for trusting me. It does mean a lot to me.” Abby whispered softly before gently stroking her hand along the younger girl’s tummy.

“Nyaaaaa~.” Smiling quietly as she heard the pleasant sounds echoing out of the little Beastial, Abby looked back up at Kari as the Witch stood a bit off to the side. “That goes for all of you.” Blushing faintly at her words, the little blonde nodded as she saw a warm smile on the teenagers face.

‘Abby…’ She wanted to think that would stay true… but then again… would she? “A-Abby…?” Looking up from the mewing kitten she was still petting, the teenager nodded as she saw a trouble look present on the child’s face. It was that same guilty look from before.

“What is it, Kari?” Staring down at Abby silently as seconds ticked by, the little Hominal was mute before she eventually turned away. “I-I-I hear Casey coming back…” Furrowing her brow, the smaller girl frowned, but… she didn’t get long to ponder the Witch’s actions. Her words rang true after all, as the redhead soon entered the Witch's chambers once more.

“Alright, I’m back. I got everythin we’ll need and… why the hell are ya sittin on the cat’s stomach?” Blushing as she saw her Dullahan guardian making her way over toward's her, Abby stopped what she had been doing prior as she saw the puzzled look the younger girl wore.

“I… it's complicated. So you got everything you needed? So what now?” Moving a small basket behind her back, Casey grinned before shaking her head. “That is for me to know and you’ll find out when I say so!” She snapped playfully.

Nodding quietly, Abby nodded before moving to the side of the contently napping Nya as she slid down her stomach. She really liked being pet it seemed. Hopefully, when she grew back she could pet her regularly. She’d probably enjoy that a lot.

“Alright, I guess we can go whenever you want to than Casey. Kari… is there anything you want to tell me before we do?” Feeling both girls eyes shift towards her now, the dirty blonde withdrew a bit before shaking her head.

 

“No…”

 

Watching the strange interaction, Casey soon frowned before moving towards the smaller brunette. Picking Abby up gently, the older Hominal looked back over her shoulder as she glanced Kari’s way, the little Witch having turned abruptly silent after their prior words.

“Go ahead and tell the others the good news while we’re away Kari. It’ll be a lil before we get back.” Casey a small smile before giving the toddler a halfhearted wave as she picked up her pace. She didn’t know what that was about but she’d ask once they got back. Right now she didn’t want to ruin the mood. She had something fun planned for her Abby… at least; she hoped it was fun…

Nodding silently as she saw her closest friend leaving with her newest friend, the younger girl said nothing as she was left alone in her own caverns. Staring off towards where Casey and Abby had just been, the dirty blonde was mute as she walked over towards Najia’s cot before kneeling down in front of her. As her eyes lingered on the Kitsune, however, a faint pair of tears began to peek out in the corner of her eyes.

 

“D-Do you think… she’ll hate me if I tell her the truth Najia…? I… I really want to. But… I’m scared…”

 

Whimpering softly as she cupped the sleeping woman’s hand in her own, the little Witch sat in silence as she lamented her troubles to the only person she could ever tell them to. But, if Najia were awake right now… she doubted she could still say these things.

 

Because then even she might hate her to…

 

 

To be continued.

End Notes:

 

A bit of a twist with Nya coming back into the picture but I had her story set in mind since the very first chapter. But, I had to delay it substantially due to the pace of the story. But, This was the right time for me to flush her out.

More will come with Kari and Abby, soon enough.

As always review and tell me what you think, I'm eager to know since this was one of the earliest requested character backstories I received.

I'll see you all soon~

Bye for now 

:D

 

 

The Bad News... by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

 

I HAVE RETURNED!

S-Sorry for being away for so long... ;-;

I hope I still have fan's who love me and leave me reviews so I won't be lonely. T^T

 

Sorry for not posting for so long. I had, some real life things I had to take care of. But, those are done now, so I'm back! Expect frequent chapters again and more writing goodness!

Hopefully... x'D

 

I'll try to get back to my old writing schedule soon, so please bear with me. It was somewhat hard to get back into the swing of writing after I got back, so I hope you'll forgive me if there is some errors here or there.

But, none the less I hope you enjoy. This chapter goes by quickly, but like I said, I'm trying to get back into the swing of things so forgive me if it seems rushed at times. That's just the pace and the tone I wanted to set for this part.

 

Regardless, enjoy!

 

 

 

“So… where are we headed?”

 

“You’ll see~.”

 

“Is it the place we saw you at earlier today?”

 

“N-No…”

 

“Casey?”

 

“I-It’s not there! I mean it!”

 

 

Smiling coyly as she sat atop the redhead's shoulder, Abby was quiet as she watched her Dullahan guardian scaling a small cliff outside of the commons. She didn’t honestly expect them to go outside, but this did make her believe what she had thought prior.

“Casey, is this a date?” Blushing a bright shade of red, the headless girl sputtered for a moment before craning her neck to look back at the teen. “N-N-No! I… I just wanted to come out here with ya! D-Don’t make stuff up!” Biting back a smirk as she saw right through the redhead's fib, Abby simply nodded.

She was doing it again, trying to act like Eve. ‘I wonder who told her that we had a date…’ It had to have been one of the twins. But, then again she couldn’t rule out Eve simply wanting to rub it in the younger Hominal’s face. Their rivalry over her was disconcerting…

She’d have to eventually sit them both down so they could talk about it… but, at three inches that was easier said than done. “A-Alright, we’re here. Take a look Abby, I think ya’ll like it.” Casey grinned. Peeking her head up as she watched the giantess crawling over the edge of a small cliff, the teen was mute as she waited for… something.

“Casey, what am I looking for exactly…?” Scoffing as she pulled herself all the way up onto the ledge, the Hominal gave her smaller companion an exasperated look before waving her arms in front of them. “Well? Doncha see it? Look around us!”

Furrowing her brow, Abby grew quiet once more as she turned her head in every direction to see what it was Casey was trying to make apparent to her. They were on top of a cliff, a high one too. But, not the highest point of the mountain from the looks of it.

Peering out over the ocean as she watched the waves gently crashing into the rocks far below them, the brunette shook her head before looking back at the younger girl. “All I see is rocks and water Casey. I think I’m missing something…” Watching as the Dullahans face turned discouraged, the smaller teen sadly shook her head.

“The view… I, I thought you would like it…” Blinking as the realization hit her; the brunette almost palmed her forehead now. Why didn’t she just tell her it was the ambiance! Now she felt rather bad about saying that she saw nothing new…

Looking back out over the ocean, Abby grew quiet again as she watched the vast shimmering expansion of water before nodding. “I-It’s beautiful Casey!” “Tchh… don’t give me a pity compliment, I know ya don’t care…” “N-No seriously! I like it up here Casey! I just didn’t know what it was you wanted me to look for, I’m sorry…”

Brooding silently as her small surprise was rendered pointless, the child sighed before her shadow set down the small basket it had been holding for her as she climbed. She thought this would be a nice setting for the both of them since the cave was always so dark and dreary… But, it didn’t look like the smaller girl cared much either way.

“Well, we’re here regardless… I found this small peak when I went out a few days ago. It ain’t much in ways of movin space… but I thought it had a hell of a view…” Feeling a small hand pressed into her cheek, Casey scowled once more before her face grew a bright shade of red as she felt a small kiss planted on her cheek.

“Thank you, Casey, this was very thoughtful.” Sputtering as she had earlier, the younger girl turned her head away sheepishly as a crooked smile spread across her lips. “Y-Ya… A-A-Anyways… I… I thought it a good time to, take a break… ya know? So, here…”

Watching the stuttering girl as she moved her basket forward, Abby was quiet as she observed Casey pulling out its contents. Setting down a small cloth over the rocks, the Hominal soon pulled out a couple small loaves of bread, some fruit, and surprisingly even some cheese. ‘Where did she get that from?’ There was never any in vendors who sold it in Darrowford…

Bringing out a small jar of water as well, the redhead soon folded her basket back up before looking back at Abby… with an almost hopeful look on her face. Was she worried about her not liking this? “I… I thought that you might enjoy it if we eat out here for a change… So… do ya?”

Smiling warmly back at the younger girl, the brunette nodded before stifling a laugh as she saw a wave of relief pass over the younger girl's face. “If you just wanted to have a date with me you could have said so. You didn’t need to be so secretive about it Casey.” “I-I-IT’S NOT A D-DATE!”

Shaking her head in amusement, Abby gave a curt nod before sliding down the redhead's black dress, something she had grown rather good at after the amount of practice she had the past few days. Skidding to a stop on Casey’s lap, the teenager looked out over the ocean once more before closing her eyes.

This was actually pretty thoughtful of her. The redhead wasn’t generally one to do stuff like this. It meant she was going out of her comfort zone for her. “To be honest, it does feel good to be out of those caverns. I didn’t even think about it until this morning when Amy took me flying with her.” “SHE DID WHAT?!”

Cringing a bit, the brunette chuckled softly as she peered over her shoulder at Casey as she gritted her teeth. “Calm down, she just wanted to play a little. It was really fun actually. And, it made me realize something… None of you girl's like these caves that much, do you?”

Growing quiet, Casey’s eyes shifted away from the smaller girl as her lips curled into their usual scowl. “How’d ya come to that conclusion?” She didn’t remember ever telling her that. Cupping her hands together as she continued to look out over the ocean, Abby shook her head before smiling.

“When I first came here, I was blinded by fear… fear of you girls. But, that went away after you and I talked Casey, or at least, most of it did. You put me at ease, and I started to notice something… something that should have been apparent from the start. You’re still people, children, or otherwise. So, it’s just a guess really. These caves are ideal for your kind. Their secluded, no one would think to come here… But, you’re basically giving up your freedom to live a life of solitude in return…” Abby whispered, her tone turning darker now as she tried to explain herself.

“Since no one would come here without a reason to… it means safety. That’s why Najia made you girls a home here. You told me, that every few months you would all move around so to never be found out, but you’ve stopped here for so long because of how peaceful it is. But… even just being here for a few days, started to get to me. Not because I was shrunken and held captive. And not even because I was surrounded by Hominal and Beastial from all sides.”

Peering down at the teenager thoughtfully, Casey soon lowered her head onto her folded arms before humming. “So what was it then?” Mimicking the Dullahan’s stature, Abby closed her eyes once more before shaking her head.

“It was the lack of space around me. Even if I was surrounded by friends, new friends… friends I’ve never had… I felt like I was forced to be somewhere I didn’t want to be.” Abby whispered. It was idiotic. She was basically being held prisoner there so of course she was supposed to feel like that… but, it went deeper than that.

“You girls all have each other. Even if you don’t get along very well… you still have people you cling to. Najia, Kari… maybe even Nya for you now… But, having the freedom of choice being stripped from you… It had to have crossed your mind, right, Casey? You don’t just live here because it’s safe after all. You’re all here because anywhere else you go… you’re not allowed. Your choice is being taken away… How am I doing so far?”

Sitting with narrowed eyes, the redhead was silent as she listened… but, for once… even after all the thought the teenager had put into her claim, she was wrong. “I won’t speak for the lot… but as for me, ya got it spun… I love it here.” Looking back up at Casey in genuine surprise, Abby was about to ask why on earth she would… but, the dark look the Dullahan wore silenced her before she even began.

‘C-Casey…’ The look in her eyes… it reminded her of when they first met. It was a look… full of hatred. Watching as the smaller girl started to shake, Casey’s eyes suddenly snapped back to normal before she shifted her head away. “I don’t know about the nonsense yer spouted Abby… but, I wouldn’t think hard about it. It might hurt ya like it does the Boyd if ya do it too long…” She mumbled.

Staring up at the Hominal quietly, the teen couldn’t help it now. As much as she hated to say it… there was a lot about Casey she still didn’t know. “Hey... Casey?” Keeping her head turned, the redhead’s only form of acknowledgment came from her eyes peering back down at the smaller girl as she continued to brood.

“If you don’t want to tell me… that’s fine… but why do you hate us Human’s so much?” Growing wide-eyed by the startling question, Casey leaned up before raising her hands defensively. “H-H-HEY! I, I NEVER SAID I HATE YA ABBY! I, I just…” Biting her lower lip as she tried to find her words, the redhead soon silenced her stutters as she saw the smaller girl shaking her head.

“I didn’t mean me, Casey… I know, that you kind of like me… but what about other humans? I learned when I first came here, that there were four of you girls in these caves that hated humans unbiasedly. You were one of them. And, after everything that happened to you and your mother… I can’t say that I really blame you. But, I get the impression that there’s more to it than that.”

She didn’t like opening up old wounds… even though she had done that with everyone she had met. But, her words for some reason brought most of them closure, and in some cases, love and adoration. If she wanted to ever call Casey her friend… then she needed to put the same amount of effort into understanding her that she had with everyone else. She just hoped that the younger Hominal would reciprocate her probing… and not take it the wrong way…

Sitting with a blush that draped both her cheeks, Casey’s eyes shifted back and forth as she tried to think of a way out of this. The damned girl was a bit too intuitive when it came to things like this… But, she had given her one… She did say that she didn’t have to talk about it…

Moving her arms back up as she rested her chin on them once more, the silent redhead stared off into the distance almost absently as she watched the ocean in front of them. Why did she have to be so smart? First the fox, then the Boyd… and now her… damn it all…

Closing her eyes as she thought about her question, Casey parted her lips briefly, before letting out the quietest of sighs. “It ain’t like I hate ya for no reason. N-Not you specifically Abby… Humans…” Feeling some movement beneath her, the redhead glanced downward before smirking as she saw the brunette trying to climbing up her dress.

“Hey, are ya even listenin?” Smiling back at Casey, Abby quickly nodded. “I just want to see your face when we talk. C-Could you give me a hand…? I’m still not very good at this…” She pouted. Sliding off of people was easy… scaling them, not so much…

Blushing from what she had hoped was a compliment, the younger girl smiled weakly before scooping the teen up and setting her on her raised knee. “That’ll do?” “Yeah, this is good. Sorry… I didn’t mean to interrupt you, Casey. Please continue. I really do want to hear what you have to say.”

As the child stared back at her smaller companion, the redhead soon had to smile. ‘Where were you when I was growin up?’ Perhaps… none of what she was about to tell her would have come to be if she had met her Abby back then… Though, she probably wouldn’t have understood her feelings for her either… Hell, she still kinda didn’t know…

Resting the back of her head onto the rock behind her, the larger girl stared up at the clouds as she thought about her past. What was there to say really? She had never talked about it with anyone… not even Najia. Though, the fox probably already knew enough. She was pretty much omniscient to them all…

Looking on at Casey as she silently stared away, the brunette was about to speak up, before Casey’s jaded eyes drifted back down at her. “Have I told ya anything about what had happened after I got away that night? The night, where me mum and I were caught?” Sighing as the teenager shook her head, the Dullahan nodded before crossing her arms. She couldn’t remember everything she had told Abby over the past few days they had been together… So basically, she’d have to start from scratch…

“I guess… the reason I don’t like ya human’s that much, not you… is because yer kind’s never given me much of a reason to.” Looking into the giantess’ eyes as she spoke, Abby quietly nodded. “So, you never encountered any humans you’ve liked being around? Is that it?”

Scoffing, Casey quietly clenched her knuckled beneath her folded arms. “I guess so. Every time I’ve ever seen one… they’ve always either been greedy, filthy, haughty or ah sod. Why should I like yer kind when all of ya are just a bunch of ass’?”

Biting her tongue as she watched the teenager cringe at her words, Casey sighed again before giving the shrunken girl a deadpanned expression. “Stop thinkin I mean you! Damn it, Abby, ya ain’t like the rest. I told ya already… Yer different…”

Smiling quietly from her reassuring words Abby looked back up at Casey before shaking her head. “I glad you think so… but, I’m just as bad as anyone else sometimes… After all, I did think all you girls were a bunch of mindless savages when we first met. And… even now, I still feel scared when I’m near some of you. I think you might have hit the nail on the head, Casey… even with me.”

Yipping as her forehead was flicked, the brunette reeled back in surprise. That hurt! “H-Hey! What was that for?!” Feeling her anger diminish as she saw the disapproving look written over the Hominal's face, however, Abby soon soured. “W-What…?” “Never, say that yer like them…”

Blinking in surprise as she heard the dark tone the younger girl was using, Abby simply frowned. What did she say that upset her so much? It was true after all. She wasn’t the perfect person the larger girl was making her out to be. No one was perfect…

“Casey… I’m not-“ “Shut it!” Cringing once more, the brunette frowned as she saw the angry look being directed her way. It was one the redhead rarely gave her anymore… Keeping her fingers clenched beneath her arms, Casey’s eyes narrowed as she stared the teenager down.

“Ya know nothing about what ya humans are truly capable of Abby… if ya did, you'd never compare yerself to them. Yer as much a child as me when it comes to life! When I say yer different, take it ta heart. I’ve seen plenty of people who make ya a saint in my eyes.” She whispered, her tone holding no mirth, no anger… just, conviction.

Staring back at one another in silence, the smaller human felt her heart beat faster as she tried to comprehend the younger girl’s words. She spoke with such certainty that it caused a shiver to roll down her spine… Licking her lips as she tried to finds the right words to say, Abby soon closed her eyes to calm her nerves. She wasn’t so certain of herself after hearing that…

“Casey… I’m… I’m not saying, that I’m a bad person… But, I’m not perfect either. That’s all I meant when I said-.” Shutting up instantly as the redhead’s fist slammed into the wall behind her, Abby winced as she watched the younger girl trembling.

“Well, yer perfect in my eyes! So stop spoutin yer not! You’ve never tossed words at me. Ya never threw stones because I looked weird or acted differently… Ya never spat in my face and thought me trash! Ya never refused to give me a chance! YA NEVER WISHED I’D NEVER BEEN BORN!”

Sitting in absolute silence as her words were taken from her, the brunette’s mouth hung agape as she watched the younger Hominal in front of her… crying? Panting softly as she tried to calm down, Casey soon bit her tongue to stop herself from speaking any more. Damn it, why did she have to be such an eejit!

Glaring back at the teenager sitting stunned on her kneecap, Casey began to shake her head furiously. “I… I hate all ya humans… that’ll never change. I’ve been picked on my whole life, as short as it may be. Najia be damned for wantin me to befriend yer kind! I hate all of ya! But…”

Growing silent, Casey sniffled softly as a light trail of tears slid down her cheeks. “But, yer different… yer… Abby. Yer you… and, and that’s why I don’t think of ya as Human. I think of you, like my… my…” Clenching her teeth as she tried to say it, the redhead soon slammed her fist into the wall again out of anger.

“M-My friend…” It was such a weak word. Why couldn’t she say the real one…? Damn it! Shuddering as she looked at the broken wall before her, Abby’s eyes grew sullen as she processed it all. ‘Never wished she had been born…’ Who would say that to her…?

Moving a trembling hand forward, the brunette rested it down on Casey’s knee before gently stroking her. She wanted to say something, but she was still at a loss for words after hearing all of that. Their little outing felt rather depressing now… And, it was her fault for asking these things, wasn’t it?

Looking at into the redhead’s miserable face, the teenager had to frown. She never meant to cause her such grief… all for humilities sake. “Casey… What, what did you mean, when you said never wished you were born? Who would say something like that to you…?” It was just, horrible…

Raising her eyes silently, the Hominal looked back at Abby in absolute silence as she tried to reel back her outrage. She hadn’t meant for that part to slip out. But… now that it was, there was no point keeping it a secret. She was bound to find out one way or another. The brunette was persistent like that…

Letting out an airy sigh, the larger girl removed her fist from the small indent she had made before rubbing the bridge of her nose tiredly, and, to cover her eyes. It was hard to look at her and say what she was about to say next…

“I… That last one… uh… I thought it of myself actually…” She mumbled, no coy or mirth in her tone once more, only regret. Looking back up at Casey shocked now, Abby’s eyes beaded as she tried to grasp what the Dullahan had just told her. Was she serious?!

No… she was. She could tell by now when the younger girl was messing with her… and she definitely wasn’t. “C-Casey… w-why? Why would you ever think that! WHY WOULD YOU EVER SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT?!” She was talking about her life! Life her mother had given her… A life that was sacred for her to continue living...

Breathing deeply through her nose as she felt a small pit in her stomach beginning to form, Casey continued to rub her eyes in refusal to look back at the brunette. She already knew the anger expression she was likely to be sporting… and she didn’t care to see it.

“Look… I… I don’t have to explain anything to ya! It was a mistake, forget I said it alright?” Standing up angrily, Abby shook her head as she tried to assert herself… or, at least do as much as she could, given their height difference. It was hard to do that when you were only three inches tall…

“No, I will not let it go, Casey! All life is sacred… you told me that. And, I believe that too. How could I drop something like this?! It’s your life we’re talking about!” That was like asking her to stop breathing! She wouldn’t do it, not even if the Hominal asked her to.

Growling in anger now, the redhead lowered her hand before directing her glare towards the equally angered teen standing atop her kneecap. “Yer right, it is my life! So don’t make a scene about it! It’s mine to do with as I see fit, not yers!” She barked. She had no room to preach at her after saying the same thing a few days prior!

“Casey, knock it off! This… this isn’t you. You’re not one to give up and say such a thing… So, why did you?” Pouting as she was pressured by the smaller girl, the child turned her head away before scowling further as she felt her skin being gently rubbed by the shrunken human. Damn it, was that really necessary?! How was she supposed to stay mad at her when she was acting all caring and shit!

Kneeling down silently as she gently stroked the younger girls knee, Abby continued to frown as she waited. She knew how to play this game after doing it to each of the girls. And, Casey was no different. She wanted to talk about it whether she wanted to admit it or not.

Gritting her teeth as she blushed harder from the comforting petting, the Dullahan cursed under her breath before glaring back at Abby with disdain. “Yer a pain, ya know that?” “I’ve been told… by you mostly…” Scoffing, Casey blushed further before folding her arms together and slouching into the rock silently.

Staring back at the younger girl a few minutes longer, a sad smile crossed the teenager’s lips as she felt the gentle pulsing beneath her fingertips. “If I let you hold me, will you tell me then?” Puffing out her cheeks, the redhead sulked further as her eyes shifted back over to the diminutive girl.

“Sheesh… how desperate do ya think I am for attention?” “You tell me.” Biting her tongue as her eyebrow began to twitch, Casey snarled before reaching forward and pulling Abby into her. “Yer an ass…” Why did she have to be such an ass… It was a bother…

Feeling the gentle caressing returning, however, the Hominal soon sighed as she gently clutched the teenager into her chest. How did their date turn out like this…? She just… she just wanted to make her Storeen happy… and this was about as depressing as it could get.

‘Fuck… I suck at this lovey-dovey shit…’ Why did she have to care for her? Looking back down at Abby as the teenager continued to rub her fingers comfortingly, the Dullahan quietly banged her head back into the rock before sighing. She was tired of this…

Did it matter if she told her anymore…? She would always get what she wanted with them all wrapped around her little finger like they were. ‘And I’m the worst of ‘em all… damn it…’ Staring up at the child as she said nothing in return, Abby waited patiently, for one of them to speak first.

‘Come on… just tell me already…’ Why did she want to hide it from her? For the most part, the younger girl had been open to her about everything else. So why was this harder for her then even telling her about what had happened to her and her mother?

Chewing on her lower lip, Casey’s eyes soon fell before they shifted back towards Abby dejectedly. “I… I just thought it, because I hate my life...” Looking up at the Hominal in worry, Casey soon shook her head before scowling. That didn’t come out right.

“Look… Me and me mum had it rough, alright? She worked her arse off day in and day out to just get by, and I was by myself every day… Do ya know how much that hurt? Being all alone… No one to talk to… No one to play with… No one cared about me… That’s just how it’s always been…”

Watching the younger girl remorsefully as she saw her haggard face, Abby quietly nodded. “I, kind of get it… but still, you weren’t alone. Your mom worked all the time to support you two, right? So, it can’t have been bad enough that you wished you’d never been born… r-right?”

Staring off at the ocean as she watched its reflective waves, Casey’s face didn’t change much as she silently listened to the older girl. She didn’t get it. Who would, but her? “It wasn’t that I hated the situation Abby… I hated, that I was such a burden to her…”

Gawking at the redhead, the teen was about to speak up before the Dullahan’s fingers surrounded her as she was gently clenched in the child’s hand. “Every day… She would go out, and do so much for me… and, I never did a thing for her. Hell... I can't even recall ever thankin her! I caused trouble… I got into fights… I hated em. Ya humans would pick on me every single day… I was just that weird girl that everyone disliked…”

Watching as a faint trail of tears reappeared on the younger girls cheeks as she lightly cried, Abby felt her heart ache for her. Why would she try to hide this from her? “Casey… You know that you’re not a burden, right?” Feeling her stomach drop as the Hominal remained silent, the brunette began to scowl.

“Casey… You are not, a burden! Say it!” Shifting her eyes back over to the teenager as she saw a fierce look present over her features, Casey soon closed her eyes as she chose to say nothing at all. However, that didn’t last very long as she let out a loud squeal of pain. “THE FUCK! DID YA JUST B-BITE ME HAND?! WHAT THE HELL ABBY!”

Wiping the saliva off her lips, the teenager glared back at Dullahan angrily before slamming her fists on top of her fingers. “Casey… You aren’t a burden. Why would you still think that? I know you had it rough… I understand… But why would you think that now of all times!”

In the last few days alone she younger girl had saved her life more times than she could even count! Not to mention she went out of her way to help her and Kari cure Najia! She could even list off all the things she had done for her that she couldn’t due to her loss of height! She could name off a dozen different things off the top of her head!

Growling herself, the Hominal matched the smaller girl’s glare with one of her own before releasing the brunette as she let her slide into her lap. “Why?! Ya want to know why?! How about how I keep messing up! If I hadn’t been such an eejit then Ebon would have never known ya were here! How about that?! Oh, here’s one! How about all the time’s I’ve failed to keep you safe?! Huh! Ya got some kind of answer to that?! I can’t protect a freaking human who’s the size of my pinky! How special is that?! FOR FUCKS SAKE ABBY, I CAN’T EVEN TAKE YA ON A DATE WITHOUT FUCKIN IT TA HELL!” She screeched angrily…

Staring back up at Casey in silence, Abby felt her mouth growing dry as she listed off all the things the redhead had said. They were all about herself… this wasn’t about the younger Hominal at all… Feeling her cheeks dust red as she got to the root of the Dullahan’s anger, Abby breathed deeply before sighing.

“Casey… I don’t think you’re a failure… You know that, right?” Clenching her fists bitterly, the child looked away as she tried to control herself. IT SUCKED! EVERYTHING SUCKED! SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONE TO PROTECT HER ABBY! SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO GUARD HER! SHE WAS THE ONE LOOKING AFTER HER! And… and she kept failing her…

“I… I think we should head back… I’ve lost my appetite…” She was mad… embarrassed… and on the verge of tears. Why did it have to end up like this? She just wanted to make the smaller human happy. Feeling her finger gently touched, Casey trembled as she continued to stare away. She didn’t want to look at whatever face the teenager was giving her.

Holding onto the redhead’s finger as she lightly gripped her hand, Abby stared downward as she felt a strange onslaught of feelings rising. A part of her understood now why she was acting the way she was. But, that still didn’t justify what she had said before.

“Casey… If you want to go back, we can. But I’d like to stay here. I don’t care what you think… You’re a great friend. In fact, one of the best I’ve ever had. If you weren’t here now… I’d… I’d probably cry. Do you really think that I don’t appreciate everything you’ve done for me? Everything that you’re still doing for me?”

Turning her head back to Abby wordlessly, Casey tried to speak… but, she just couldn’t get any more words out. She just wanted to protect her mate… Smiling weakly back at the younger girl, the brunette continued to hold her hand as she locked eyes with the redhead.

“Don’t ever wish something like that again Casey. I want you to promise me that. If you weren’t here right now… how could we enjoy our date?” Hearing the faintest of chuckles from the smaller girl. Casey soon closed her eyes before pulling Abby back into her as she hugged her silently.

‘Eejit…’ What a dumb thing to say at a time like this. “I… I-I promise… I’m sorry…” Nodding warmly as she was cradled into the child, the teen nuzzled her face into her as she embraced the Hominal. She understood now why she was acting the way she was this morning.

The bruises over her body… the secrecy as she went out to do things on her own… the strange new ways she used her shadows whenever they got into trouble. She just wanted to keep her safe, and she kept blaming herself every time she couldn’t.

It wasn’t her fault, and it never would be. But, she kept shouldering that burden and blaming herself for it. That stopped now. And, she knew just what to say to make the Dullahan feel better. Clinging to the redhead affectionately, Abby sighed softly before looking out over the ocean with her.

“Is the reason you wanted to take me out here on a date because you wanted to make me want to stay here with you girls… or more, with you Casey?” Biting her lower lip as she was called out by the diminutive human, the redhead grew sullen as she tried to find the right words to say. Her mind was all sorts of messed up after what they had just talked about…

“I… That’s, not it… not, just it, I mean… I do want ya to stay with us, Abby. B-But that’s not why I wanted to take ya up here, I mean it! I… I wanted to say…” Looking up at the Hominal as she trailed off, the brunette soon frowned as she saw her fidgeting as she grit her teeth. She almost looked like she was in pain with how bright her face was turning. ‘SAY IT ALREADY! FUCK!’ Why couldn’t she get it out!

Clenching her eyes shut as she fought to speak, Casey bit her tongue before huffing in anger. “D-D-DAMN IT ALL!” Jumping in surprise as she was moved away from the larger girl’s chest and back onto her lap, Abby watched as the redhead’s hands moved up towards her neck.

Pulling on a small strip of the white bandages she had on off, the Dullahan kept her eyes closed as she started to unravel them before her head balanced freely now on the stump of her neck. Tossing the cloth aside and tilting her body forward, Casey’s eyes opened back up as she caught her head in her hands as a now calmer smile formed in place of her previous look of discomfort.

“Casey… A-Are you alright?” Closing her eyes once more, the redhead made her head nod as she continued to smile. “It’s hard to say stuff sometimes, ya know? But, it ain’t when I’m like this, I guess. It’s easier for her to say what I’m feelin… so... I… I’m sorry that I made ya come all the way up here with me Abby. I just… I just wanted to be somewhere nice and alone, when I told ya how I really feel.” She whispered, her eyes remaining shut as she chose to disregard whatever the brunette was looking at her like now.

She had already taken her head off. She had to commit to what she said next. Hearing silence in return as she waited, Casey chewed on her tongue for a moment more before taking a deep breath to relax. She didn’t want to have to resort to her shadow telling her Storeen how she felt… but, she was just too embarrassed to say what she was about to say next without her.

“The truth is… I like ya Abby. A bit far more than like, actually… What I’m trying to say… Is… I-I want you to be my mate!” Looking back at the redhead silently, the teenager frowned as she saw the trouble expression Casey wore. It must have been hard for her to get that out. She was always rather timid with her feelings towards her… But, she had a feeling the Hominal wanted to ask her that when they came out today. And she had already prepared an answer for her, if it did come down to that…

Licking her lips, as she gathered her own baring now, Abby frowned before quietly shaking her head. “I knew you liked me more than just a friend Casey. It was kind of obvious… especially whenever Eve’s around. But, I’m afraid I’m going to have to tell you the same thing I told her when she asked me that last night… I can’t be your mate Casey. I’m just not ready to be… that.”

It was just too much of a commitment for her to make without thinking it through or sorting out her own feelings first. She felt, conflicted. And she wasn’t sure of why either. She needed to figure it out before she could tell either of the two girl’s pining for her affection what she was going to do. Expecting a dejected or a tearful look in return from the redhead, the teenager was somewhat surprised to see, neither of those on her features. She actually looked, rather relaxed by her statement.

Smiling softly as she opened her eyes back up, Casey grinned before chuckling lightheartedly. “Ya… I figured you'd say that. But, I needed it to be known to ya… In case it wasn’t. I, I love ya, Abby. Ain’t no two ways about it. It was hard to look past yer Human side. But, I’m glad I did. I can tell just by lookin at ya, that yer perfect. I’ve never been around someone, who can just make me smile for the hell of it. I feel like, whenever we’re alone… I can act like myself around you, and ya don't judge me for it. Ya don't hate me or think me ill. And, it’s why I want to know… Can… Can you look past, me… and tell me if you'd ever considered mating with… a Hominal like me… Or, if you'd consider it?”

Frowning as she was asked such a thing, the brunette moved forward before resting her hand on the younger girl’s cheek. “Casey… why would you ask me that? Of course, I would. I don’t care that you’re a Hominal. Or for that matter even another girl… anymore. I just can’t commit to becoming anyone’s mate right now. It’s a sacred thing for your kind… and if I went through with it… I’d have to be certain. And, I’m just not.  It doesn’t have anything to with our species. I promise.”

Smiling warmly at her answer, Casey sighed before nudging her head forward into the smaller girls comforting hand. “Heh… I guess that’s good enough for me. Havin a shot is better than nothin. I just wish you’d say you’d stay… It would mean, we might have more time to ourselves like this.”

She really wanted to have the brunette become her mate before she left them, but that was out of the question. The most she could do was just wait and see what happened. Hopefully, her Abby wouldn’t go too far away. And maybe, that would mean they could still visit one another once she was returned to normal…

 

“Oh… I never told you~?”

 

Blinking her eyes back open, Casey glanced back down at Abby now confused as the smaller human smiled brightly back up at her. “Told me what?” Holding back her laughter for what she was about to say next, Abby hummed as she continued to gently pet the younger girls cheek.

“I came to a decision about what I’d do once Najia woke up. If she lets me, Casey… then I’m going to stay here with you girls. I’m not going anywhere.” She smiled. Looking back down at the shrunken girl wide-eyed, the redhead felt her mouth grow dry in seconds as she tried to process what the smaller girl had just said.

She… she wasn’t leaving them…? Biting her lower lip as she saw the gobsmacked face Casey was giving her back, Abby nodded cheerfully. “I know you wanted me to stay here with you. And, I kind of wanted to stay also. So, I guess I just sort of-“

Being cut off spontaneously as her face was enveloped, the brunette had to all but relax her body as she was thrust forward abruptly, as the Hominal in front of her pressed her own lips back into hers. Calming down from the startling move on the Dullahan’s part, Abby smiled weakly as she felt the younger girl holding onto her tightly as she kissed her deeply. Was there really any other response she should have given her statement?

Sinking her face into the larger girls lips as she kissed her back, the diminutive human leaned into her loyal guardian as she embraced her back. She couldn’t wait to tell everyone else. Feeling the hand that held her prisoner fall away, Abby remained stationary for a few moments longer before breaking away from Casey, as she stepped back from her lips.

“I-I guess you’re happy, aren’t… you…” Trailing off once more, the brunette looked up at the child’s head in surprise before a quite smile graced her lips, as she saw a long trail of tears traveling down the Dullahan’s cheeks as she sniffled weakly.

Trembling as her hands fell limply to her side, Casey whimpered as she tried to contain herself. Fuck! She was just… just so… happy. Picking her head back up as she buried it in her own chest to hide her tears, the redhead continued to cry softly as she felt her heart weeping happily. This was the first time she had ever cried in happiness…

It felt, kind of nice for a change. But, she needed to get ahold of herself! She was weeping like a tot! It was time for her shadow to go back since she had said what she needed with her head off. She just hoped she could control herself. She wanted to keep kissing her Storeen. This was the best news she had heard all day… and the Boyd had even told her Najia would make a full recovery earlier!

Watching Casey silently as she continued to hide her face, Abby smiled back up at the Hominal before her expression changed as she saw a long tendril of shadow seep out from the larger girls neck and crawl towards her head.

Pulling her limb back into place as she adjusted it with her hands, Casey sniffled quietly as she tried to compose herself. “I-I-I… I’m really, happy that yer stayin with us Abby. Hell… I think this might be the best thing anyone’s ever told me.” She snickered.

Smiling back at the younger girl, the brunette nodded before sitting down gently on her lap. “I thought you’d like to know. I haven’t really had the chance to tell the other yet, but I plan to. I’m just hoping by the time I tell them I’ll be back to normal, and Najia will be up and moving around again as well.” She smiled.

Shivering in delight at the thought of the teenager back to normal, Casey nodded as a faint blush dusted her cheeks. As much as she liked playing around with the smaller girl like this… she wanted to really have some fun once she returned to her former height. She had never done anything like that with another person until Abby, so the thought was very much appealing... Wait…

Furrowing her brow momentarily, Casey’s eyes widened before a crooked grin spread across her face. “H-Hey Abby… Ya made a deal with Kari, and she said she’d change ya back to normal once ya healed Najia, right?” Looking up at the younger girl confused, the brunette nodded as she saw her grin threatening to get stuck the way it was as she smiled from ear to ear.

“Well, the way I see it… the fox is healed now. So doncha think it’s time that the wee Boyd made good on her promise to ya?” Letting her statement sink in for a moment, Abby’s eyes widened much like the child's had as she thought about what she had just said.

‘S-She’s right…’ She had fulfilled her promise to Kari. That meant, she could return to normal now… Looking at Casey silently as they stared back at one another, a mutual grin formed as they thought about it. “Come on, I think it’s time we got ya back to yerself Abby.”

Attempting to stand up, the Hominal only managed to prop one of her feet beneath her up, before the teenager's voice rang out. “W-Wait, right now…? But, what about our date?” Stiffening up, Casey gawked in surprise now before looking back down at the smaller human like she had grown a second head.

“W-W-What?!  But, don’t you want to be changed back already?!” Nodding happily back up at the Dullahan, Abby smiled as she rested her hands behind her for support. “Of course I do Casey… But, I’ve been like this for a week now… I don’t think a few more hours is going to change my mind. Besides… we haven’t really eaten yet and I’m kind of hungry.”

Looking back at the brunette befuddled now, Casey scowled before rubbing the back of her head sheepishly. “F-Fine, b-b-but I’ll take ya back to Kari right after this! Alright, Abby?” Nodding affirmatively, the brunette had to stifle a laugh as she saw the younger girl pulling some of the food she had brought closer for them as she tried to hurry things along.

 

She almost couldn’t tell who was more excited about her returning to normal.

Though, she had a hunch why by the tone of red that streaked across the Hominal’s cheeks.

 

‘Like an open book…’

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

“Kari! Hey Kari, we’re back!”

 

Lifting her head up wordlessly, the little blonde turned around as she looked towards the entrance to her caverns as she watched both Casey and Abby return. She hadn’t expected them to be back so soon…

Letting go of Najia’s hand as she stood up, the little Witch dusted off the bottom of her cloak before smiling back at her friend. “H-Hey… I was wondering when you two would come by again… I just didn’t think it would be today…” Usually, wherever Abby went, the redhead did. And that happened to be for prolonged periods of time recently.

Stopping in front of the younger girl excitedly, Casey looked back at her shrunken companion as she saw the same excited smile she wore as well. This was going to be great! “Hey Kari, guess what? Ya told us this morning that Najia’s gonna recover, right? So, that means you can change Abby back to normal now doesn’t it?”

Feeling her smile leave her face in an instant, the little witch all but stopped breathing as she looked back at her friends in both surprise and shock. ‘C-Change… Change her back? But, Najia’s not…’ Licking her parted lips as they grew dry, the toddler took a small step back before looking down at the ground. She hadn’t even considered this. For all intense and purposes… her friend was right. Abby had done her part, and healed Najia… Meaning… she had to fulfill her end of their promise now... didn't she…

Staring back at the little witch with a warming smile, Abby soon had to scowl, as she saw the fearful look Kari wore. It was the same one that she had on that morning. “Kari, are you alright?” Looking up at the brunette confused, Casey had to frown now to as she saw the younger Hominal inching away from her.

“Huh? Hey, whats goin on with ya, didn’t you hear us? You can change Abby back! Isn’t that great?” The smaller human would no doubt be overjoyed when she was returned to normal. Something the redhead was counting on taking advantage of~.

Keeping her eyes locked on the little witch as she saw tears forming in the corner of her eyes now, Abby silently crossed her arms before looking over her shoulder to face Casey now. “Hey… Can you give me and Kari a moment Casey? I need to talk to her for a second.”

Interrupting her gleeful thoughts by the odd request, the Dullahan had to pause as she stared her smaller companion down. “Huh?! Why?” They had already waited long enough! However, the look she was being given was a stern one. What the hell got into her?

Plucking the smaller teen off her shoulder, Casey scowled before nodding her head begrudgingly. “I guess… But why do ya want me to leave? Yer not hiding somethin from me are ya?” Watching as the littler Hominal cringed as she shrunk in place, Abby closed her eyes now before shaking her head.

“No. I just need to ask Kari something personal. Why don’t you put away your stuff and come back? I don’t think we’ll be that long. Alright?” Abby smiled. Huffing in annoyance for basically being told to get lost in a polite manner, the redhead scoffed as she moved next to the small cot Najia rested on before setting the teenager down.

“Fine, fine… have it yer way. I’ll be back in a few. Don’t get into trouble while I’m gone ya eejits…” She mumbled bitterly. Smiling dryly as she waved back at Casey as the redhead started to walk away, Abby waited till she could no longer see the outline of the younger girl before shifting her eyes over to Kari sternly, the little witch still cowering in place as she said nothing at all.

“Alright, now that we're alone, what is it you’ve been hiding from me, Kari?” Stiffening up as she was questioned, the dirty blonde whimpered before turning her back towards Abby, not so much as to be rude… but more, because she was too scared to look her in her eyes…

Seeing the distraught way the child was acting, the brunette silently frowned before walking along the length of the small bedframe before she stood right beneath the younger girl. “Kari… Look at me.” Waiting for a moment, the little blonde fidgeted before inevitably turning her head back to Abby, the smaller human looking back at her just as surprised as she saw tears streaming down her cheeks.

“Kari… I know you need to get something off your chest. You've been acting guilty ever since I came back this morning. You need to tell me whatever it is you don't want to talk to me about. We’re alone now, so whatever's going on, it's just between us now. I get the feeling whatever’s bothering you has to do with me. So please, just tell me what it is so we can fix it. Together. I don’t like seeing you like this. So what did I do to upset you?” Sniffling weakly, the younger witch whimpered even louder now as she heard the concerned tone the shrunken girl was talking to her in. It sounded like the same one Najia used whenever she was upset…

She… she didn’t want to lose her. She didn’t want to lose her friend! Sniffling some more as she fought not to burst into tears and cry right there, Kari turned away again as her lips parted, shallow breaths escaping her lips as she tried to form words. What she said next… would no doubt, end their friendship… but, she couldn’t call Abby her friend… if she kept lying to her.

 

She had to tell her the truth.

 

“A-Abby…”

 

Standing at attention, the brunette nodded her head before reaching out to touch the little Witch’s arm but was soon shocked as she watched Kari flinch away. “Kari… Please, you can tell me anything...” She didn’t like pressuring the toddler… but this had gone on far too long. She couldn’t help her unless she let her.

Cupping her crossed arms as she continued to shiver, the little blonde sniffled some more before craning her neck partially to look over her shoulder at the smaller teen. “Y-You… you’ll, you’ll hate me…I’m s-sorry… I-I'm so, s-s-sorry...”

Looking back at the Hominal wide-eyed, Abby was about to speak up and tell her that wasn’t true, but it seemed the blonde wasn’t finished, as she whispered her next few words… ones that she almost didn’t register in her ears.

Stiffening up, Abby felt her breath leave her, as she processed what the little Witch had just murmured. That... that wasn't right. She... she had to have heard her wrong... “What… W-What did you just, say…?” Digging her fingers into her arms as she bit back her tears, Kari sputtered as she failed not to cry.

Turning her head fully, as she looked back down at the shrunken teen in hysterics as she sobbed, the little Witch whimpered before shaking her head. She knew what she had just said… “I… I-I can’t… I can’t, change you back. I can’t do it…"

 

 

"I CAN’T UNSHRINK YOU!”

 

 

 

 

To be continued…

 

 

End Notes:

 

Well, the truth is finnaly out. I wonder how many of you guessed it. Sorry it took me over a month to reveal it. It wasn't my intention, I swear...

 

I'll be posting sooner, for sure this time and we'll now see more into the story, that is Kari's past. Amongst other inquiries.

 

Please review and tell me if you still like me. ;-;

I wouldn't put it past you if you forgot about my writing after all this time but I'm going to be hopeful... T~T

 

I'll see everyone soon!

And I'll try to post again shortly.

A Flower Among Weeds... by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

Hi everyone. Glad to be posting again. :)

 

I just wanted to say thanks for all the reviews on the last chapter. I'm glad to have read them. Hopefully you all like this chapter as much as the last.

Not much I can say on when I'll next post, but i'll try to make it shorter then this time. I promise.

Please enjoy.

 

 

Change back…

 

Couldn't… change back…

 

 

Standing stiffly as all noise seemingly vanished from the room she was in; Abby's lower jaw began to tremble as her eyes beaded. She couldn't change back… She couldn't return to her former height…? This… this was a mistake. This I-It wasn't right! It couldn't be… Kari had said… said, that she would return her to normal…

 

Had she, lied…?

 

Shifting her uncomprehending gaze up to the bawling child as she sobbed loudly, no noise permitted the brunettes senses as she continued to look on in the void she had seemingly fallen into. The little witch hadn't lied to her… no, she… she couldn't have. It had to be a mistake.

Trying to form words as her parted lips failed to produce any, all that escaped the teenager's mouth we soft, but quiet murmurs as her voice abandoned her. It felt like everything had abandoned her. And she was left watching as she tried to piece together the pieces all by herself.

 

This… it was… a mistake…

 

But, if it was one… then why was Kari crying so hard. Watching as the toddler fell down to her knees as she buried her face into her crossed arms, Abby felt her heart… seemingly indifferent to her now. She should have felt, worried. Or even heartbroken to see her like this… but, her tears weren't for herself.

Moving one of her shuddering hands up to her heart, a faint pair of tears entered the shrunken girl's eyes, as she began to slowly come to terms with what the little Hominal had said. She… she didn't want to believe it. No, she was choosing not to…

But, she could feel it. Kari was telling her the truth. She couldn't change her back. Hearing noises slowly returning to her as her senses began to pick them up once again, Abby sniffled before tears began to stream down from her eyes as well, as she felt the weight of it all suddenly come crashing down around her.

She was stuck like this… stuck, only a few inches tall, for the rest of her life. Kari had lied to her. Clutching at her heart as she felt a painful stabbing sensation, the brunette sobbed herself as she looked back at the larger girl.

This whole time… she knew… and she told her now… now that she had healed Najia. Was she just… a pawn? Were they really not friends? She had been used. Digging her nails through her dress as her fingers dug into her chest, the older girl grit her teeth as she tried to ignore the horrible pain she felt.

This… it hurt… like the first time, she and Casey had gone back to Darrowford, and she saw her village, looting her Master's shop. It was the betrayal. Why did it hurt so much! Falling to her knee's unconsciously as she mimicked the witch's posture, tears fell down and splashed into the wooden bed frame as the smaller girl finally took it all in.

She would never be normal again. And… it was all, her, fault! Lifting her head up slowly as her angry eyes turned to the whimpering toddler, Abby slowly began to rise as she stood on her shaking feet. She lied to her… she had used her… SHE JUST NEEDED HER AND DIDN'T CARE ABOUT THE CONSEQUENCES OF HER ACTIONS!

She… she was, a Monster… Clenching her fingers as she formed a fist, the brunette bit her lip as she continued to cry. Had, had it all been a lie? All the time they worked together… all the time they opened up and talked with one another… When they laughed… when they cried… When… when the younger girl had stood up to Ebon and tried to protect her. Was it all, just because she wanted what she could do for her, and nothing else?

Taking a quivering step forward, as she began to walk towards the child's buried head, Abby's face darkened as she trembled in rage. Why… why did she lie to her? WHY DID SHE LIE ABOUT ANY OF IT! WHY DID SHE CALL HER, HER FRIEND!

It had all been a lie. All of it. So… why, did she tell her…? Feeling her footfalls stop, the teenager continued to shiver as her mind slowly began to fight off the haze of anger that had started to cloud her senses. Why, was she crying then?

Watching Kari as her crying began to register now in her ears, Abby soon felt her rage subside, as It was replaced with concern for the younger girl screaming into her arms. She… she had lied to her, right? So why was she so broken up about it, if she was just using her, to begin with…

Staring on at the child with mixed emotions, the brunette breathed deeply as she saw the distraught way the little Witch was acting. She… was wrong. Feeling her anger trying to peek out again, Abby soon took a deep breath before bottling those emotions up.

Why had she thought that? Thought, that Kari, was a Monster… Taking a step forward, and then another, Abby silently closed her eyes before walking towards the blubbering child, her thoughts plagued once more by distress. She didn't like that her first conclusion was that… even if the evidence pointed to it.

Kari was a lot of things. A young witch… a clever herbalist… an indecisive child… a conundrum… But, she wasn't a Monster. She was too caring to ever be considered one. Stopping as she stood right in front of the sputtering toddler, Abby soon lifted her hand up, as it hovered over the younger girl's head.

This wasn't right. None of it was. But, jumping to that kind of a conclusion, was wrong. And as much as she wanted to call blame and let her anger seep out again, the teenager knew that would solve nothing. She needed some answers… real, answers.

Setting her palm down on the dirty blonde's hair, Abby winced as she felt the horrible recoil of her touch as the younger girl flinched. It was like she had struck her. Something that greatly bothered the older girl. Moving her hand back and forth as she continued to feel the child's trembling form, the brunette's eyes shifted back and forth between her, and Najia.

"Kari. Look, at, me…" She hadn't meant for that to come out so cold, but… it was hard to hold back the anger she felt. Hopefully, though, the little Witch would listen. Waiting patiently as she expected the younger girl to keep her face hidden from her, the teen was soon surprised, as she watched Kari obey her like she always did. Like they all seemingly did.

As her eyes met with Kari's however, the brunette soon felt her heart beginning to beat rapidly, as she looked into the bloodshot eyes of the younger girl, as her puffy cheeks rose from her arms. She looked, horrible. How long had she been crying like that? How long had it been, since she had told her the truth? It felt like seconds, but, it had been much longer, hadn't it?

Staring the younger girl down for a while longer as she tried to compose her own thoughts, the brunette soon closed her eyes before a soft sigh escaped her lips. Where was she even supposed to begin? She had to tread carefully as to not go off on the toddler, or else she might say something she didn't mean. Something, she couldn't take back...

Giving the little Hominal a gentle grip as she continued to pet her hair, Abby opened her eyes again before meeting witches. "Kari, is it true… C-Can you really not change me back?" Sniffling weakly as tears continued to roll down the dirty blonde's cheeks, Kari whimpered before clenching her eyes shut.

"I-I'm s-s-sorry… I… I'm sorry… I'm s-sorry…" Feeling her stomach drop as she listened to the younger girl's feeble words, Abby quietly shook her head before closing her eyes. ‘So… I guess, its true…' But, she was sure now. Kari was penitent.

Digging her fingers into the child's hair as she breathed deeply to calm herself, Abby opened her eyes once more before licking her parted lips. "Kari… Why, did you lie to me…? We made a promise to each other… it was our bargain. You said you could change me back if I helped Najia recover. How did you think this would end, once I did what you wanted me to?" The toddler was intelligent. Almost absurdly in fact. She had to have thought her plan through… right?

Clenching her teeth as she continued to sob, the younger girl rested her forehead onto the wooden bed frame in front of her before opening her whimpering mouth to speak. "I… I wanted…*sniff*, I wanted to change you back… I've wanted to since this all s-started… but… I-I-I'm too weak… I… I haven't learned the spell that does it yet…*sniff*".

Looking back at Kari in surprise now, a strange smile soon found its way to the brunette's lips as she looked up at the remorseful girl. "So… t-there is a way I can be changed back…?" Nodding her head into the bed frame, Kari continued to cry as she wiped away her innumerable tears.

"O-Of course! I… I had a plan… t-to change you back… but, I needed Najia to wake up first. S-S-She, she knows the counterspell… But she never taught it to me. I was only supposed to use this magic if it was a life or death circumstance…" Kari whimpered out. She always planned to change the teenager back to normal! She… she just needed to have Najia do it for her… But… But she never considered that she might actually die before she made their promise!

What would she have done if Najia died?! Then… then Abby would be stuck like this… and she wouldn't have Najia anymore… Bursting with a fresh wave of tears, Kari sobbed loudly as she moved her arms under her face before burying it in them. She did this! It was all her fault!

Keeping the same smile on her lips as she went over the child's words once more, Abby grinned wider now as she pieced it together. "So… you did have a plan. T-Thank god… I, I thought you just lied to me so I'd help you… I guess I'm sorry. I shouldn't have thought that you did this to me out of spite or something." She felt happy. Happy, that Kari wasn't really the Monster she had thought she was a few moments ago. Though, she probably had to take a look at herself for even thinking that now. What was she thinking anyways?

Lifting her head up weakly, Kari sputtered before shaking her head back and forth furiously. "W-WHY ARE YOU APOLOGIZING?! I'M THE ONE WHO DID THIS TO YOU! I'm… I am a Monster…" The brunette was right all along…

"KARI!"

Sniffling as she kept her gaze fixed away from the smaller girl, Abby's voice soon rang out freezing the toddler in place. "KARI! Don't you dare ignore me! Look at me! I'll give you to the count of three!" SHE SOUNDED REALLY ANGRY!

"One…"

Keeping her face firmly locked in place as she tried not to listen to the shrunken girl, the little Hominal soon whimpered as she heard the teen's voice echo out once more.

"Two…"

What was she supposed to do?! Abby sounded really, really angry! She didn't want to look at her… she was scaring her… what was she going to do… she had to-

"Thr- "

"I'M SORRY!!!!!"

Glaring back at the child as her violet eyes peaked out, Abby fumed as she stood up with her arms crossed. "Kari… If I ever hear you call yourself that again, I will NEVER, forgive you. Once Najia wakes up and I'm back to normal, expect a spanking for what you said!"

Eeping as her hands moved behind her back instinctively, Kari shook her head apologetically as she looked back at the smaller teen. "W-W-WHAT?! B-BUT I AM A- ""T-TWO, TWO SPANKINGS!" "BUT ABBY! THAT'S NOT FAIR- ""DO YOU WANT ME TO MAKE IT THREE!? SO, HELP ME I WILL!"

Whimpering louder than she ever had, the little witch cried softly before hanging her head in shame. Nodding her head silently, the teenager closed her eyes as she let out an inward sigh. Her mother used to do that to her whenever she acted up. It was nice to see she had learned a little bit of parenting even if she didn't have them anymore.

Fuming as she breathed ruggedly, Abby crossed her arms before shaking her head. Hopefully, she didn't go too far… but, she was really mad. Walking closer to the dirty blonde as she continued to softly cry, the brunette frowned before stopping right beneath her.

"Consider this your punishment for lying to me. Now, do you have any other secrets you're hiding from me?" Shaking her head quickly as she continued to cup her butt defensively, the smaller girl nodded before smiling softly. "Kari… what am I going to do with you?"

Looking back at the smaller woman perplexed, the little witch soon whimpered once more as she saw one of the warmest smiles she had ever seen on the brunette's face. WHY WAS SHE SMILING LIKE THAT AFTER WHAT SHE HAD DONE! She… she didn't understand…

"W-Why… why aren't you mad at me…? I… I did this… I lied to you…" She wanted to say it again… but, she feared for her rears wellbeing… and, of course, the fact Abby had said she wouldn't forgive her… Sighing softly as she listened to the fragile tone the child had used, Abby continued to smile as she reached out towards her.

Gulping fearfully, Kari whimpered before moving her face closer towards the shrunken human. Was she going to hit her?! Closing her eyes as her face rested right in front of the diminutive girl, the little Hominal soon reeled back in surprise as she felt, a small kiss…? Placed on her cheek by the brunette. WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!

Giggling softly as she saw the shocked expression present on the younger girl, Abby chuckled weakly as she peered back up at Kari. "Why should I be mad? You apologized to me for lying, and you told me that you're not hiding anything else. So, I forgive you."

Feeling her breath hitch, Kari was at a loss for words. She… she couldn't just forgive her for something like this! She… she had… betrayed her. She couldn't really expect to just, forgive her… Looking back into Abby's eyes as they stared at one another, the little witch's lower jaw trembled as tears began to form over her eyes once again.

"A-Abby… I… I'm sorry…" Nodding her head in affirmation, the teenager smiled as she saw the younger girl's hands reaching out for her. Not resisting as she was picked up, the brunette was soon found herself pressed against the younger girls dampened cheek as she was hugged. Hopefully, she would stop crying… she was starting to get wet…

Nuzzling the shrunken girl as she sobbed louder, Kari's eyes shined through her eyelids as she vented. Why… why was she so… forgiving… Why? She, she couldn't be human… humans were never like this! They were never… like Abby…

Sniffling as she continued to clutch the smaller girl into her, the little witch rocked back and forth as she felt the gentle movements of the teen she was holding. They didn't deserve someone like her. She didn't deserve someone like her… not after what she had done…

But, she was just like this now. Pulling away as she looked back at Abby weakly, Kari soon shook her head before crying even harder. "It's not… it's not fair… Why do you not, hate me…? I… I'm corrupt… I-I'm… I'm evil…"

Looking back at the little witch as she stared at her pleadingly, Abby had to frown now. "Kari, you're not evil… don't say that! I know why you did the things you did. You were scared that Najia might not recover without my help… I don't appreciate that you had to lie to me to get me to help you… but, I understand your reasons. I, wasn't really a good person before I came here. At least, that's how I see it. You did what you thought you had to do… But you never intended for me to stay like this. So, don't say you're evil or corrupt, or, a Monster." Abby warned.

She didn't like hearing a child as young as her saying such ridiculous things. She was further from a monster then herself… Sniffling as she shook her head, the dirty blonde soon clenched her eyes before her voice turned into a sharp whisper.

"I… I am though… E-Even… even my daddy said so… And, it's true… Look what I did to you…" She whimpered sorrowfully. Stiffening as she heard the Hominal's words, Abby's eyes widened significantly at the mention of her father. She had never talked to her about him… or for that matter her mother…

Lowering her eyes as she thought about the topic, the smaller girl clenched her hands into the little witches before looking back up to meet the child's pleading gaze. Did she really want to open that box? Casey had said it was sad… and, from what she had heard, as ambiguous as it had been, it seemed that way…

But… she had to wonder, would it benefit the younger girl, if she opened her old wounds? Staring long and hard into one another's eyes for what felt like minutes, the teen was the first to break contact as her eyes fell once more. She had to ask…

"Kari… What happened to you, before you came here. Before, you met Najia? Who are you, really?" Seeing the witch's breath hitch in her throat as she all but choked on her air, Abby shivered as she saw the shocked look the dirty blonde wore. Just how bad could it be?

Licking her lips as she tried to form the right sentence, Abby sighed for what had to have been the hundredth time before clenching her fingers into the child's own. "Kari… I've learned a lot since coming here. I learned about Casey's mom… about Poppy's dad… about Eve's parents… and Brook's abduction. I've even learned about Yu's mate… And every time I learn more about each of you girl's, I grow closer to you. Kari, you haven't told me much beyond your name compared to everyone else. I need to know more if you want to be friends. I know, that something bad happened to you… something really bad… but, I won't be able to understand it, or you unless you tell me."

She wanted to be friends with her… but she couldn't call her that if she didn't actually know anything about her. So, she had to ask… even if it made the toddler uncomfortable. Shivering as she processed what had been asked, Kari was muted by the shrunken girl's words.

‘M-My… my past…' She wanted to know, about her past…? Crying softly as different memories popped up in her mind, the little blonde softly whimpered before shaking her head. She didn't want to think about it! She didn't want to think about what had happened… or, what would have happened had Najia not shown up when she did…

Feeling a gentle pinching feeling on her fingers, Kari soon opened her eyes back up as her glowing gaze fell on the smaller teenager, hugging her gently. ‘A-A-Abby…' She… she was her friend! Why did she need to know about what had happened to her?! It… it was all a mistake…

Everything was a mistake… So, why did she want to tell her…? Watching as the younger girl's eyes lingered on her longingly, Abby simply smiled as she nuzzled her cheek into the younger girl's fingers. "Kari… I'm not demanding anything from you. If you don't feel like telling me, then don't. I just want to know. It helps to talk about these kinds of things with friends. Why do you think everyone likes me so much, even after we've only just met?" She tried to go the extra mile for everyone. And now, she had to put that same effort in for the very first person she had met since coming here.

 

For all she knew, she might need the most help of them all…

 

Biting her lower lip as she sobbed softly, the younger Hominal soon shifted her glowing eyes away before sniffling. "What… do you want to know…" Smiling happily as she heard the faintest of whispers above her, Abby grinned from ear to ear as she hugged the toddler tighter. She was opening up to her…

"Everything Kari. Tell me everything you can. I want to know more about you, and if you want, I can tell you more about myself afterward's… well, whatever's left I haven't already told you I guess. Let's be more open from now on. Alright?"

Nodding timidly, the younger girl soon shifted her quivering face back towards the teen before letting out a parted sigh as she tried to breathe calmly. She didn't know if this would help or not… but, if Abby wanted to know more… then it was her responsibility to tell her. She was her friend after all…

Even after what she had done, she still called her, her friend… Hardening her eyes as she nodded once more, the little Witch looked back at Abby with focus before her lips parted. "W-What do you want to know f-first?" She would tell her everything. No more secrets…

Petting the child comfortingly, the smaller girl gently shrugged her shoulders as she continued to hold onto the younger girl's hand.

 

"I guess, how this all started. How did you end up here in the first place?"

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

~ 8 months back ~

 

 

"Mommy, mommy! I found it, I found it!"

 

Lifting her head up as sweat beaded down her brow, a lone woman amidst a sea of flowers rose as she looked around the meadow she was standing in for the voice that had called out to her. She had light blonde hair, with patches of brown scattered in giving her rather dirty locks a natural appeal. Adorned in a simple brown, rugged dress, one scene mostly worn by the poorer casts, the woman kept it neat and trimmed for what it was, barring the dirt and grass stains that lingered around where her knees were.

Stretching her arms out as she looked up at the spot where her daughter was, the older woman smiled as she saw the smaller child making her way towards her, the various flowers they were in almost covering her whole form as she tried to run back to her.

"Kari, I thought I told you to stay close to me. How did you sneak off so easily?" She giggled. It was pretty common for the toddler to vanish whenever she brought her out here. Thankfully though, she always returned. And usually, she had just the thing they came out here to find.

Making her way through the overgrown greenery as she stumbled briefly, the giddy child soon collided with the woman she hugged her legs happily. "I found it, I found it! Look! They're fully matured to!" Staring down at her daughter wordlessly, a wide smile spread across the older woman's face as she saw the herb the child possessed.

‘Meadowsweet!' They had been searching for hours! Reaching down and plucking Kari up, the woman sighed quietly before kissing the giggling daughter on her cheek. "It's perfect sweetie. This is just what mommy needed to make her medicine with. Thank you."

Matching her smile with a grin of her own, Kari nodded before nuzzling the dirty blondes face with her own. She couldn't wait to help her! Her Mommy was the greatest when it came to making remedies for their village!

Walking down the beaten path that led back to the forest which her village resided in, the blonde said nothing as the mulled over her child's actions. She had found the plant on her own, and as she had said, it was matured and at its peak for use. Her comprehension of herbs was growing daily, along with her intelligence. It was staggering, to say the least… but also very concerning… She was probably as smart as an adolescent now if she had to gauge it.

Hiding her frown from the bubbly child, the older woman breathed a deep sigh through her nose as she continued to walk. She would have to up the dosage of Kari's medicine, or else her body would keep growing resistant to it like it seemed to be doing now. Or worse… immune…

 

If that happened, then her powers would manifest freely, and unchecked…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

~Killahm~

 

 

Passing through the small forestry that made up the archway to their village, both Kari and her mother arrived not too long after they left as they made their way through the small village. Keeping her wiggling daughter in her arms as she continued to giggle and dangle her feet about, the older woman looked around as she got a feel for their morning's presence.

Winter was coming up in just a few months, and it seemed plenty of people were preparing. Though they lived in a rather secluded and rural area, plenty of new faces appeared before them. While this town didn't have much to offer for trade, it did have quite a few locals who were well versed in their profession, herself included.

"Good-mornin' Kathleena, out and bout early as usual I see." Waving to one of the local farmers, the blonde flashed the younger man a warm smile as she lifted Kari up once more so she wouldn't fall out of her arms. "I have to be or else I'd never get anything done," she chuckled.

It also helped that she didn't like being in her home any longer then she needed. The earlier her day started the better, and the later she returned usually depended… Giving waves and greetings left and right as she walked down the lively streets, the older woman turned the corner to her cottage as she looked up at it with pride.

Although this was a forest village, for the most part, not many plants thrived as abundantly because of the tree's blocking out most of the light. Yet, even so, her home was the exception. Vines grew over the entirety of the small cottage with plants and flowers showering it with color. It was the perfect place in her eyes, and her daughters.

Lowering Kari back to the ground as she let the child run towards their home, Kathleena lifted up the Meadowsweet her daughter had found as she examined it closely. Stopping a few feet from her home as she reached the entranceway, the blonde kneeled down before plucking one of the small stems of the plant with her fingers.

"Et crescere~ somnum!" Whispering a chant as her eyes shimmered briefly, the woman plunged her hand into one of the few spacious spots of dirt not currently occupied by one of her seedlings before pulling her hand out slowly as her fingers swam through the earth.

Smiling cheerfully as a tiny sprout wiggled to life as it grew towards her fingertips, Kathleena nodded before standing back up. It would grow in time to be a beautiful addition to her herb garden. "Thank you." Giving a faint bow to the little sprout as a tiny leaf grew lastly on it, the blonde stood back up before making her way inside.

Hopefully, Kari was already collecting her milling utensils. She still had a medicine to prepare, and an important one at that.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

"Pinch, of citronella, best used in the form of an oil. Three drops, no more, no less. Mix in spring water, and only spring water. The minerals need to be there to balance out the rest of the acids in the plants. And finally, the Meadowsweet. Do you know what other names this herb has been given Kari?"

Biting her lower lip as she hopped up and down happily, Kari hummed as she looked up at her mother with joy. She liked when they did stuff like this together. But, she really liked when she asked her things. It was her opportunity to shine the most!

Closing her eyes as her mind went back to one of the many books she had read from her mother's small library, Kari's eyes opened back up as she smiled. She could remember the pages like they were right in front of her!

"Meadowsweet! It's called other stuff like Mead Wort! But it's also got a pretty name like Lady of the Meadow and even Queen of the Meadow! Is it a royal flower mommy?" Biting back her laughter, Kathleena tapped her lips thoughtfully before shrugging her shoulders.

"You know, I don't believe I've ever thought of it as such. But… perhaps it is. Maybe that's why only you could find it. It is in the rose family after all. It would only show itself to my little Primcess~." Laughing happily as her daughter hugged her affectionately, the older woman sighed in amusement.

‘Her mind is definitely developing.' At this rate, she might even learn as much as her when it came to medicinal studies in just a few years. She'd have to slow her down or else she would never truly enjoy her childhood. Almost all the of the children in the village already avoided her because of the way she talked and acted.

It was troubling… But, she couldn't help but smile whenever she saw her daughter take a path less traveled. It was what made her special after all. Smiling softly as she rubbed the toddler's hair, Kathleena moved the plucked Meadowsweet she had been holding over the large mixing bowl in front of her before letting her fingers release them.

Watching the cascade of petals and grasses fall freely into the mix, Kari was silent as she saw how each of the herb fragments danced about before joining the rest of the concoction her mother was making. They looked so pretty when she added them in like that!

Stirring the small bowl as she watched the remaining herbs dissolve away, the older woman nodded before moving her finger down into the light verdant fluid it had created. "Kari, can you go fetch me my vials please." Nodding her head quickly, the dirty blonde took off in a hurry as she looked for what her mother had asked for.

Making sure the younger girl was out of earshot, the blonde smiled before her eyes glowed faintly once more. "Convenit!" Swirling around the woman's fingertip, the vibrant concoction glowed a bright hue of purple before fading away completely as it lightly bubbled before simmering.

‘Perfect!' This potion would no doubt help plenty of people. She had enough for about 20 doses. Withdrawing her hand and wiping off what remained on her fingers, the older woman felt a gentle tugging on her brown dress before looking down.

"H-Here! I didn't know how many you needed so I just brought them all." Snorting as she tried to control her laughter, Kathleena smiled in amusement as she saw her daughter wobbling back and forth as she held a large wooden crate in her arms full of different glass bottles and containers.

"Oh, Kari… you really didn't need to do that. I only needed one." Plucking a small vile the size of her finger out of the assorted box, the older woman gave her child a gentle pat on her head before smirking as she watched her waddling away as she tried not drop what she had been carrying.

Dipping the small container into her potion before sealing it with some of the wax that dripped down from a small candle on her medicine table, Kathleena smiled before swirling around the small dose of medicine she had made. This one was for a baker in her village who was suffering from chest pains primary around his heart.

‘I hope you ease the poor man and heal him.' Giving the vial a small kiss before slipping it into her dress pocket, the blonde was about to start cleaning up before a loud crash startled her from her work. Rubbing the bridge of her nose as she heard crying on the other end of it, the older woman sighed before making her way to her daughter.

 

‘Sometimes I worry about you, Kari…' She could be a klutz more often than not…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

"Kathleena! Where is it? I told you to have supper prepared when I got back! Kathleena? Kathleena!"

 

Forcing a small smile as she felt Kari cling to her leg silently, the older blonde stepped into her dining chambers as she looked at a rugged man sitting at the table in the center of it. He was tall, with a gruffer appearance. Dark black hair adorned his head and features matching the patchy stubble of his beard. Sitting impatiently at the table in a pair of patched pants and a dark coat, the man soon looked at the two of them as he watched the blonde walking towards him with a plate in hand.

"Of course, I have it right here. Please, don't shout. You're scaring Kari… Dear." Looking beyond the woman in front of him, the agitated man scowled as he saw the toddler trying to ignore him as she buried her face deeper into her mother's brown dress. "Hey! Is that any way to greet yer pap? Come over here!"

Clinging onto the older woman fearfully, Kari tried not to be noticed before her mother's fingers moved behind her head. "Kari sweetie, go give your father a hug. He's been working really hard today and deserves to be greeted." She whispered sweetly.

Looking up at the older woman, Kari soon pouted before nodding. Watching her daughter closely as she saw the little blonde move in front of her husband before extending her shaking arms forward, Kathleena glared as she set the plate she had been holding down gently.

‘Don't make a scene Kari…' She was scared again… Petting the younger girls head as he smirked back at the child, the older man was soon brought back to the table as food was set in front of him. "So, what is it today? Did ya make the meat the boys and I caught for ya? You know everyone's gonna be here tomorrow. You better not mess it up again like last time…" He warned before moving to eat from his plate.

Smiling feigningly as she gently overlapped her arms, Kathleena nodded before moving the chair beside her out for her daughter to crawl onto. "Of course, Aidan. I started the marinade before daybreak today. I made sure to use all the freshest ingredients I had from my garden. I'm sure you'll love it." She whispered quietly.

Eating with gusto as he soaked up the small puddles that remained on his plate with bread, the raven-haired man nodded before swallowing what he had in his mouth already. "Ay? And what did ya use?" Feeling her mouth grow dry as her husband eyed her darkly, the blonde gulped as her smile quivered slightly.

"F-Fresh garlic cloves, peeled and soaked in lemon. I-It will help break down the meat better. A-And I also used some of the spices you bought last season. I know how much you like… them…" Growing silent as she saw her husband stand up abruptly, Kathleena grew pale before she started to shiver.

Tossing what remained of the stale bread he had been eating prior onto the table, the man's eyes widened before he made his way over towards his wife. "And what gives you the right to use my rations! I was savin those ya bridget!"

Standing up slowly as her hands clenched onto the wooden table, the older woman licked her lips before looking at her husband pleadingly. "I-I-I just thought- "Stopping abruptly as the words in her mouth were stripped from her by a painful slap to her cheek, Kathleena soon reeled back before falling back into her chair in dismay.

"That's the problem! Ya always think, WRONG! I spent a week for those preserves and ya wasted them on this?! Are ya daft! Who do ya think you are!" He barked angrily. Those were his spices! She should have never laid her fingers on them unless he said so!

Panting rapidly as she tried to calm herself, the battered woman instinctively looked towards her daughter first before her eyes widened. ‘N-Not again!' Looking into her child's eyes as the faintest glow shimmered in her terrified gaze, Kathleena smiled before falling forward onto her knee's and bowing her head.

"P-PLEASE FORGIVE ME! I-I was wrong as usual! I… I deserve your j-judgment Dear… I'm sorry…" Trembling in place as she tried to do whatever she could to make her husband focus on her and not their daughter, the blonde soon flinched as she felt a hand placed on the back of her head.

"Well, as long as ya know it was yer fault… Fine… But we're sellin your greens until ya make enough to buy more of my rations back. Amongst other services." He chuckled. Gritting her teeth angrily, Kathleena nodded quickly before raising her head up slowly.

"R-Right… w-whatever you want, Aidan. Shall… shall I, service you now…?" Smiling smugly as his wife obediently responded, the raven-haired man nodded before walking past her. "Get in our bed. I'll be in shortly." Nodding timidly as she tried to control anger, the older woman nodded as she listened to the footfalls behind fade out.

‘D-Damn him… DAMN IT!' Clenching her fingers into the floorboards painfully as she tried to hold her tongue, Kathleena was soon brought back to the present as she heard a quiet sniffling coming from the table. Looking up in an instant, the woman was on her feet in seconds before cradling Kari in her chest protectively as she tried to get her to stop crying.

"T-There, there, don't cry sweetie. M-Mommy was just… being corrected. I should have listened better, that's all. Come on, don't weep, breathe… take, deep, breathes…" Looking at her child fearfully as she radiant glow in her irises remained, the older woman soon let out a sigh of relief as she watched the bright magenta hue that had formed finally start to fade away.

‘Thank the lord…' It was worse this time around. If her husband had seen it, then he would have known immediately what she was. What, they both were. Licking her lips as she tried to calm herself, Kathleena smiled weakly as she hugged her daughter into her tighter.

"There, there… it's fine… it's going to be all-" "KATHLEENA! I SAID TO GET IN BED! Do I need to drag you in here myself?!" Hearing the whimpers resurface from the toddler she was clinging to, the older woman sighed before looking back into Kari's eyes dismayed as she saw the glow that was fading before starting to resurface.

She needed to dose her again… Standing up quietly as she made her way over towards one of the cabinets on the dining chamber walls, the older blonde moved her hand forward before pulling out a small vial with a murky black tint to it.

"J-Just a minute Dear… I, I need to put Kari to bed. You don't want her to… to, interrupt us… right?" Waiting for one of the many answers she could have provoked, the woman soon sighed as she heard a grunt in return. It was an answer of sorts. She knew that after being with her bastard of a husband after so long. Certain sounds were specific when he didn't care to talk.

Moving the vial around in her hands as she gently shook it to make sure it mixed properly, Kathleena silent fumed. If it wasn't for the fact she wanted a child she could have mated long ago with someone more deserving.

‘And to think I passed up that wonderful Beastial back in Carrowshire all those years ago…' She was a lovely Inugami. Sure, she might not have been as intelligent as a Hominal, but she seemed so caring and kind at the time. But sadly, most Hominal, herself included preferred the mate of humans rather than their own kind. It was easier to get essence in that sense. Though the act involved was too much sometimes… like, tonight.

‘Maybe making her into my Familiar might have been a better option…' At least then she would have someone to comfort her in the worst of times. But… she did have someone. Smiling sadly as she listened to the sniffling of her daughter behind her, Kathleena sighed as she forced another smile to her face. ‘Stay strong…' It was all for her. When the time came and her daughter was old enough to control her powers, then, they could leave. She had refrained from mating just in case something like this happened in the end. Oh, how her old mentor was right.

Turning back to her daughter happily as she lifted up the small vial she was still shaking, the older woman stepped back over to the toddler before kneeling down in front of her. "Kari… it's time for your medicine. Remember, you need to drink it all. Every, last, drop!" She popped her lips, earning a faint giggle amongst the tears that stained the younger girl's cheeks.

Wiping her face down as she continued to smile, the blonde soon poked a hole in the top of the wax sealed container before moving it to her lips. "Remember, drink it all." Nodding quietly as she listened to her mother, Kari opened her mouth before whining as she tasted the foul medicine fall onto her tongue.

Wincing as she watched the younger girl gagging on the mix, Katheena said nothing as her hand tenderly held onto the child's chin just in case she tried to jerk her head away… again. Potions were hard to make after all. She couldn't afford to waste any of this suppressant. It very well might be the only thing that kept them both safe and sound. Manifesting powers in the young could be… volatile.

Her husband wouldn't be very forgiving if he ever found out they were actually Witches. Tapping her fingertip on the bottom of the vial, the older woman nodded before a small (genuine) smile fell over her lips. "Good girl. Did you drink it all?"

Nodding her head weakly as she gave her mother a disgusted look, Kari moved her face forward before burying her head into the blonde's brown dress. "It's gross mommy… I don't like it…" Chuckling as she finally heard her daughter speak up since her husband came home, the older woman sighed as she pulled the younger girl into her comfortingly.

"Medicine generally is. But, it serves a purpose. Now, it's time for bed Kari. Come along." Standing up as she cradled her little Hominal in her hands, Kathleena nuzzled the younger girl as she brought her to her room. As much as she would have liked to sleep with her, she didn't want Kari anywhere near her husband…

 

Especially not after what she was about to do for him…

 

It was a curse to be so dependent on Essence… and, it disgusted her, that she liked the taste so much.

 

The last thing they needed, was Kari to hear what was to come...

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

~  The Next Day ~

 

 

Cupping her head tightly as she gently rocked back and forth in her small bed, Kari hummed loudly as she tried to not hear what was going on in the other room. But, she wasn't succeeding very well…

 

Jumping as a loud crash echoed out along with a loud cheer of chorus from the numerous men in their evening room, the little blonde continued to hum as she tried to get back to that safe place she was in a few moments before.

Her father had men over again… and she really didn't want to hear any of them, they were just as mean as him… Stiffening as she heard a small cry ring out, Kari's eyes widened as she looked towards her bedroom door.

"M-Mommy…?"

Sitting still as she heard nothing for a few moments another loud crash rang out as she heard the multitude of people screamed once again. Why did they always get so angry like that? And, was her mommy ok…?

‘Kari, stay inside your room. And please, whatever you do, whatever you hear, don't come out until I come back in to get you.' It was a simple instruction. Her mother often told her to stay away from the people her father brought over… but…

Hearing another loud cry from the older blonde once again, Kari soon grit her teeth before her feet hit the floorboards. ‘Mommy!' What was happening to her mommy!

She had to see… had to make sure, she was ok…

 

Especially since her daddy brought out the poison…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

"SCORE! THAT'S MY POINT!"

 

Glaring bitterly at the ground as she listened to the group of men behind her cheering as they tossed coins her way, Kathleena sighed softly as she began picking up the loose pieces of copper so she could give them back to her husband and his friends…

She didn't know this past time very well, but from what she had surmised the game they were playing involved flicking, tossing, or skipping coins of different sizes in an attempt to make them land on their mark… That being said, somehow, she ended up being said mark… and the varies welts that littered her body was beginning to stack up…

‘Well, at least this one's not as bad as their last festivity...' There was a bit too much groping involved… amongst other things. Moving her cupped hands over the table the group of six men sat down at, the younger woman looked towards them all before gently laying the coins down once again before sorting them out for them. Counting was hard in the state they were in now.

‘Damned you fools, poisoning yourselves like this…' It was like they didn't even care about their lives! But, perhaps it might mean her and her daughters suffering at the hands of her husband would be shortened… Though, that would mean having to find a new Human to mooch off of as well.

Turning around quickly so she didn't need to keep her face to close to the intoxicated people behind her, Kathleena made it about two feet before feeling something sharp impact with the back of her head. "HA! Did ya see that lads?! I bet nonna ya can hit yer mark like I can!"

Wincing as she heard an uproar started by her husbands boast, the younger woman cringed as she felt the impacts that followed as her legs, back, shoulders and head were struck repeatedly once more. Thankfully though all of the inebriated men had their motor skills reduced due to all the alcohol running through their systems. This would probably be the only time she was ever thankful for the foul liquor.

Standing still as she felt the coins die off as different men shouted their marks, the blonde sighed before turning around and leaning down. However, she didn't get a chance to start gathering the coins back up again as something whizzed towards her face before striking her right between her eyes.

Screaming as she stumbled backward, Kathleena whimpered from the painful stinging she felt as she gently rubbed the new welt that had formed below her brow. It… it had drawn blood. Touching right above the bridge of her nose as she silently hissed in pain, the younger woman withdrew her hand as she saw the crimson liquid trickling down her palm.

"HA! I TOLD THE LOT OF YA! NONNA YA CAN HIT YER MARK, LIKE, ME!" Gritting her teeth angrily as a loud chorus of roars rang out followed by what sounded like a mug shattering on the floor, the battered woman panted angrily as she felt her powers trying to surface.

‘N-N-No… not now… stay, back!' These were hunters! She couldn't reveal herself to them. Even in their enamored state, there was still a chance they could overpower her… or worse, Kari. Thinking about her child momentarily, Kathleena bit her lower lip before nodding to herself.

She had to stay strong, for her. Relaxing as she felt her magic subsiding, the blonde opened her eyes up before glaring back at her husband as she continued to talk with his friends… completely oblivious to how much that last coin had hurt her.

However, her gaze had caught the attention of one of the other men before he began to snicker. "Ey, I don't think yer lass like's yer aim that much!" He snarked before bursting into laughter along with a couple of the others.

Blinking in confusion, the raven-haired man looked to his wife before scowling. "She'll like whatever I tell her to! Kathleena! Come, get over here!" Cursing under her breath for having to oblige to her plastered husband's demands, the Hominal stood up as her head hung low.

Would it be a slap, a punch, or a kick? Or all three if he was in a fouler mood then he looked. Standing submissively beside the scowling man, the younger woman all but screeched as she felt a sharp sting on her rear as husband's hand began to squeeze her butt a tad too tightly.

"See that? She listens! Ya need to have a firm hand with yer property. Aint that right Kath?" Biting her tongue in disgust as she felt more of the uncomfortable groping, the younger Hominal simply nodded as she tried not to look at any of them. This… this was humiliating… And, it was starting to really hurt!

Pulling the blonde into his lap with his rough grip, Kathleena soon tumbled into her husband as he held her tightly. "Like I said, a firm hand," He grinned as his own began to creep under her dress. Hearing multiple hollers as his friends egged the plastered man on further, the younger woman was left helpless as she was further molested.

‘P-Please… s-stop…' She hated this… His touch felt acrid. But, it wasn't about to stop… it was only going to get worse. Seeing the rough handling of the blonde, soon some of the other men joined in as their hands began to slink up the woman's body as they felt her up.

Smirking in amusement as he held his wife in place, laughter soon rang out as they all looked on at the struggling woman being held still. "Ya like that boys? Are ya jealous even? Ha! I'll share, have a feel of what's mine and not yersh!" He slurred out as he saw the envious eyes of his fellow hunters.

Quivering from the foul touches traveling up her body, Kathleena clenched her eyes shut as she began to cry. ‘S-Stop… stop it… Stop it! STOP IT!' "LEAVE ME ALONE!" Looking at the woman in shock, everyone was soon left gaping as they watched the blonde shove her husband away before staggering to the floor as she cupped her arms shakily.

She felt… ill. She… she couldn't take it anymore! "KATHLEENA!" Paling as she heard an angry voice ring out, the Hominal gulped before looking behind her as she saw the bright red face of the raven-haired man she called her *husband*.

She couldn't talk her way out of this… he looked, furious… Standing up slowly as he staggered back and forth a bit, the inebriated man growled underneath his breath before stomping over to the kneeling woman before his fingers soon wove themselves into her blonde locks.

Screaming as her hair was pulled upward so she was forced to look back at her husband's menacing gaze, the blonde softly cried as she prepared for what was about to happen. Hopefully, she could still move tomorrow… and the damage wouldn't be permanent…

 

"M-Mommy…"

 

Growing pale as a weak and whimpering voice echoed out beyond the group of men and her husband, Kathleena looked past them with wide and fearful eyes as she saw her daughter standing in her loose bedgown with an equally scared expression on her face. SHE TOLD HER NOT TO COME OUT!

Watching as her husband turned his head towards her now, older witch grit her teeth before gripping onto Aidan's hand before digging her nails into his skin. His focus had to be on her! Crying out in anger, the intoxicated man yanked the blonde harder before backhanding her cheek in rage.

 

"MOMMY!"

 

"SHUT UP GIRL AND GO BACK TO… Yer… room…?" Looking back at the toddler as did everyone else, a strange wave of unease traveled through the group before all eyes widened as they saw the child's crying eyes slowly beginning to flicker to life with color.

"W-What, what the hell is that…?" It looked like her eyes, were glowing… Clenching her petite hands together as she stared back at her mother's crawling form, Kari soon began to whimper before she opened her mouth to scream.

"MOOOOOMMMMMMYYYYYYYY!"

Crying out in pain as a high-pitched shriek resonated deafening all other forms of sound, everyone soon fell to their knees as they clutched their head in pain. What was this otherworldly cry?! Digging her nails into the floorboards as she felt her head beginning to rupture from the noise her daughter was creating, Kathleena was left in a state of disbelief.

‘W-What… power!' This was more then she could have ever comprehended for someone as young as her! The suppressant medicine… it, it was being rendered null by her magic! What sort of powers did her little flower even possess?!

Wincing as the all the windows in their home began to splinter and crack as the younger girl's voice continued to ring, Kathleena began to crawl forward weakly as she tried to reach her. "K-Kari… S-Stop!" This was bad… She was going to overexert herself and use up all of her Energy!

She had to stop her before-. Blinking as her world grew silent, the older Witch looked back at her daughter in shock as she watched one of her husband's friends slam one of their chairs into the back of her child. ‘Kari…'

Immediately upon being hit, the toddler's unearthly shriek ended as abruptly as it began, leaving everyone in pain and confused, as they tried to comprehend what on earth had even just happened…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

~ Somewhere else ~

 

 

"MOOOOOMMMMMMYYYYYYYY!"

 

 

Sitting up as her ears twitched in discomfort, Najia looked around in confusion as she heard a high-pitched ringing agitating her senses. ‘What in the world…' It sounded like a child… screaming. But, that wasn't possible, was it? Her camp was set up miles away from any towns. Even with her heightened sense of hearing the odds of hearing anyone this far away was minuscule at best.

Standing up slowly as her furry ears wiggled back and forth as she listened for the screams origins, the Kitsunes frown deepened as she figured out the direction the shrieking was coming from. It was a child's scream without a doubt. And from the tone and frequency, it was most likely some type of Hominal's in pain.

‘Is… there time…?' It had to be miles away. Would she be able to make it to whoever was making this noise in time? Mulling it over momentarily, the blonde was soon interrupted from her troubling thoughts as something dropped down in front of her.

"Go. It needs you..." Smiling warmly back at Ebon as the little Dragon Pup kneeled up from her crouch cautiously, the older woman nodded before disappearing with the wind, as she took off after the foreign child.

 

Hopefully, she would make it to her before anything bad happened to her… or, anything else.

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

"STOP IT!"

 

"LET HER GO!"

 

"LET GO OF MY BABY!"

 

"KARI! KARI!!"

 

 

Whimpering in pain as her head continuously rang for some strange reason, Kari softly murmured as she heard her mothers voice calling out to her. Why was there so much noise? It sounded like shouting… And crying…

Cracking open her eyes weakly, the little witch blinked as she tried to see what was going on. She felt, really, really tired… But, the sound of her mother was driving her to focus. But… what she saw, extinguished all fatigue she felt, as the child's eyes shot open in shock.

Screaming for her mother as she watched the older blonde seemingly strung up on a wooden pole, Kari tried to call out to her but something was in her mouth preventing her from doing just that. What was happening?! Why was her mommy tied to a pole?! Why were people tossing wood under her?! Why were there so many people screaming at her… and… at, herself…?

Looking down in shock as she saw what looked like the entire village beneath her, the toddler could only shake and tremble as she soon came to the same realization that she had with her mother. She was bound and tied up to. And they were both facing one another…

Looking down at the rest of her village who had been roused in the night by her daughter's otherworldly cry, Kathleena was left sputtering and in tears as she watched the horror unfolding before them. Why were they allowing all this?!

THEY WERE BUILDING A PYRE!

Looking around frantically as she made eye contact with her fellow villagers and friends, Kathleena was soon left speechless as she watched them all pointing and whispering at her and her child. Why… why was no one, protesting this…

THEY WERE HER FRIENDS!

"P-PLEASE! Let… let my baby go… PLEASE!" Shaking her head as she cried in pain, the older Hominal was left in hysterics as she saw the remaining hunters that had been staying in her village tossing the last of what they needed beneath her.

Why… why was no one defending her? These people… she knew them all. WHY WERE THEY SO QUICK TO JUDGE HER! Biting her lip as tears streamed down her cheeks, the older woman looked around hopelessly as she saw her daughter struggling helplessly across from her.

‘K-Kari… why…' Why did this have to happen? Why… why… why… She was just a child! Gritting her teeth in anger, Kathleena glared at the village below her as she watched the men beneath her tossing some kind of liquid onto the wood that had piled up.

"She's… just a child… SHE'S JUST MY CHILD! HELP HER!"

Shifting her eyes back and forth as she tried to find anyone who would oblige her, the older witch was left enraged as she saw them all… one by one, turning away. "SEAN! YOU'VE KNOWN US FOR YEARS! W-WE'VE BOUGHT BREAD FROM YOU AND MOLLY EVERY WEEK SINCE WE CAME HERE! CONNOR! W-WE SELL YOU FLOWERS AND HERBS EVERY OTHER DAY! D-DECLAN! OUR… our d-daughters play together whenever I come over to treat Brielle… P-P-Please… just let Kari go… Please… Please… Please…"

Hanging her head in shame as she saw her friends, her neighbors… her family, turning away so they didn't have to witness what was going to happen, Kathleena was left speechless by what was occurring. Everyone was abandoning them…

‘K-Kari…' She needed to do something. Looking up at her daughter as she saw her tearful gaze falling on her and her alone, Kathleena quietly prayed as she shook her head back and forth. ‘Not like this… n-not like this…' Anything, but a trial by fire…

She was just a child…

Going deaf as the shouts and sneers of both villager and traveler alone permitted the air, the older witch was silent as she saw a small group of men moving towards her and her daughter with a torch in hand. Why… why did they string them up like this… Why were they forcing them, to have to watch one another…?

This… this was sick. Glaring down at the humans who were screaming up at her, Kathleena soon felt her rage grow immeasurable as she saw who was leading the pack of hunters towards them. It was him… it was all, because of him…

Gritting her teeth as her eyes lit up a bright shade of purple, Kathleena screamed in fury as she looked her husband in his eyes with the purest form of rage she had ever felt. "AIDAN! SHE'S, YOUR, DAUGHTER!" SHE WAS HIS TOO!

Looking towards the darkly lit ground as she heard his wife's screams echoing out towards him, the raven-haired man continued to glare before eventually looking up at both her and Kari with disgust. "THAT THING, IS NOT MINE! IT'S EVIL! BURN THE IMPOSTER, BURN THE WITCH!"

As a wave of approval traveled through the large crowd, all voices paled in comparison to Kathleena's as she screamed back at her husband. But, it was all soon deafened, as the torch the hunters had been holding was tossed forward, and the bramble and brush beneath the blonde's pyre were ignited, and the flames it sparked crackled to life in a loud and rumbling roar.

Screaming into her gag as she tried to cry out her mother's name, Kari was soon silenced as she watched the large pole she was mounted on, burst into flames. ‘M-M-Mommy!' Thrashing on her own pike as she heard her mother's screams ringing out, tears cascaded down the little blonde's face as she was forced to watch the horrific spectacle before her…

Was this a bad dream, it had to be… right? R-Right?! Biting into the rag between her teeth as she tried to yank at it, the little Hominal was utterly helpless to do anything, but simply watch and observe… as her mother was burned alive right in front of her.

Struggling less and less as the older woman's screams dwindled by the seconds, all fight the little witch had left began to fade as she fell limp into her tight bindings, and the fire before her was all that she saw. Her mother… she wasn't visible anymore… She…

 

She was just, gone…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

*Sniff* *Sniff*

 

‘Fire…'

 

Looking around from the top of the tree line she was leaping off of, Najia's eyes hardened as tried to focus her senses and locate the child who had called out to her earlier that night. It had almost been an hour, and she had a feeling her time was almost up to find her.

 

But, she was close. The fire in front of her was a dead giveaway, that something was very, very wrong…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Watching the large fire as it burned away into the night, many villagers and hunters kept their eyes on what remained of the Monster they had just defeated before their hungry eyes fell to the remaining one still bound up at the stake.

Looking up at the creature in the guise of a small child, many men and woman alike sneered with disgust as they looked to the man currently holding the torch to the younger witch's pyre. Now that the older one had been taken care of, there was just one Monster left that needed to be cleansed from their peaceful village.

It was just hard to believe that these things had been here for so long. It was as Kathleena had said… they once knew her. But, it wasn't the woman they thought her to be. And, neither was her child.

Looking up at his daughter contemptibly, as he saw the lifeless way her eyes watched the deadly inferno in front of her, Aidan spat onto the ground before tossing the torch into the air. It made him sick… sick to his stomach. These things had lied to him… They acted like they were his… And now he had to deal with the problem himself.

 

It was disgusting… And they both needed to di-

 

Growing somber all of a sudden as a fierce gust of wind flew through the large crowd of people, many villagers had to hold onto one another in shock as they tried to buffer the bizarre act of nature. What on earth had that been?!

"U-UP THERE! W-W-WHAT IS THAT THING?!"

Hearing a cry of fright followed by many other screams that followed, all eyes were soon cast up to the remaining witch that hadn't been set ablaze yet as they looked on at the imposing visage of what they could only call one thing… a true Monster…

Brandishing all nine tails as she held the tossed torch that one of the humans had thrown towards the premade pyre, Najia's eyes glowed a radiant golden as she wore a face of pure, and unadulterated rage. What… were these people… DOING!

Casting her ominous gaze to the villagers beneath her and the child she now clung next to, the Kitsune was livid as she looked for the accuser. She didn't need to look too hard into what was about to happen. As her eyes fell on the man who had tossed the lit torch, however, all composure she felt abandoned her as her tails shot in his direction.

 

"Xià… Dìyù…"

 

Looking up in confusion at the strange creature, Aidan said nothing before the dirt beneath him suddenly began to crack. However, he didn't get the luxury to look down before the ground underneath the raven-haired man suddenly ruptured causing the now screaming hunter to be sucked into it.

Twisting her hand in the air as her face turned darker and more vicious, Najia breathed deeply before clenching her fingers… causing the hole she had formed to seal… and crush its contents. Immediately after, screams ensued, as cries rang out that the monster child had summoned a demon to her aid her…

 

Oh, how right they were…

 

Moving her hands outward as the ground bent to her will, the crowd of people were all forced away as she tossed them aside left and right out of anger. This… this was too much. They had to pay this time… SHE HAD TO MAKE THEM ALL PAY FOR THIS! But… she couldn't do it anymore… she just couldn't…

Biting her tongue as it gently bled, Najia panted through her grit teeth before screaming in rage, her bloodcurdling cry petrifying all who heard it. "Damn… damn all of you… You are all the very things, you're calling us! Damn you, you MONSTERS!"

Wrapping a tail around the lifeless child instinctively, the older woman gave one look to the crackling pyre beside her before closing her eyes in remorse. If she had only been a little quicker, perhaps she could have saved the other one. Whoever it was… didn't deserve this.

Leaping off the pike and landing amidst the cleared rumble she had created, the Kitsune gave one last look to the villagers that she had tossed around before throwing the torch she had held, back into the remaining pyre lighting it aflame much like the other one was now.

 

"I hope your village burns like she did…"

 

Disappearing as quick as she came, all present were left in shock and silence as they stared at where the creature had once been. Whatever happened that night… would be something, that would haunt all who remained from this day forward…

And whatever the consequences for their actions brought, they all just prayed, that the Demon who appeared, would never return…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Jumping silently through the night as she kept a stoic face to all that she had been cursed to witness, Najia remained mute as she kept her eyes forward, and her emotions in check. It came out again… Her urge… to kill them all…

Clenching her arms tightly around the child she was cradling, the blonde continued on as she held the toddler close. She wanted to know what she had barged into that night… but right now, she had to wait and be patient.

From what she could tell, the child in her arms was in shock… and was unresponsive to her words. But once that wore off… she was going to need comforting, for whatever horrors she had been cursed to witness.

She couldn't do this much longer…

 

These humans…

 

She couldn't do it anymore…

 

And if it wasn't for the motionless girl in her arms, she probably would have ended up going back, and killing every, last, one of them…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

~ Present ~

 

 

Why…

 

Why, did all their past's have to end in pain…

 

 

Sitting in silence as the rippling of the waterfall behind them echoed uncontested, both Abby and Kari sat wordlessly amongst one another as they stared off distantly, tears freely falling down both their cheeks as they sulked together. What a horrible thing to live through… it was bad enough just listening to it being recalled…

Wiping her tears off her cheeks as her breath came out ragged, the shrunken teen felt her heart crying out. She needed to say something… but, what could she even say…? Looking up at the younger witch as her lips quivered, and she continued to sob, the brunette simply shook her head as her hands clenched onto the Hominal's fingers.

"I-I… I'm so, sorry… I'm sorry, for everything that happened to you, Kari. I am…" Her words were meant for comfort's sake. But, it was like Eve said… she couldn't bear the responsibility of her race's actions all on her own. She just hated that this kept happening… especially to all these girls.

But, it did seem like her words had some kind of effect on the dirty blonde. Lifting a shivering hand up towards her face, Kari remained silent as she began wiping down her cheeks as she tried to compose herself. She couldn't keep crying… her body was going to get dehydrated if she did…

Sniffling weakly as she rid herself of the remaining smudges and grease with her dusky cloak, the Hominal's puffy eyes inevitably fell back down on Abby as she met her equally saddened gaze. "Do… D-Do you understand now A-Abby? I'm… I'm evil. It's my fault my m-mommy abandoned me… I didn't listen! And… and now she's gone… and, I keep hurting people…" She whimpered out.

Standing up slowly as she tried to gather her bearings, the teenager was rendered somber by the toddler's words. They were spoken with, conviction… "Kari… you are not, evil! And your mother didn't abandon you." "YES, SHE DID!" Falling back in surprise as she was shrieked at, the brunette felt her heart aching once more as Kari began to wail loudly as she started to cry once more.

"My Mommy abandoned me! A-And, and now Najia tried to abandon me too! And… and you… you're going to abandon me to… E-Everyone leaves me… everyone… because I'm bad…" Kari whimpered, the pain and hurt in her tone more than evident by rippling shudders.

Gazing up at the child mutely, Abby's eyes shifted over to slumbering Kitsune for a moment before they returned to the younger girl disheartened. "Kari… look at me." Clenching her eyes tightly as she tried not to look at the teen, the little witch soon felt her defenses falling away as her fingers were gently touched by the smaller girl.

"Kari, please, look at me." Cracking open her eyes a few centimeters as she peered down at the shrunken human, the younger girl soon felt all fight leave her as she saw the comforting look she was being given in return. Why… why did she always have to look at her like that! She was evil!

Petting the child's hand as she sat down on her fingers, Abby thought about what to say for a moment before nodding her head. This was something similar her master had once said to her as well. "Kari… your mother didn't abandon you. She'll always be with you, even if she isn't here in the present. We take a part of our parents with us wherever we go. It may not seem like it at first… but she's still with you. I promise. Mine are too."

Looking down at Abby in shock, the little witch tried to say something, but the brunette's hand was raised faster than she could speak. "I'm not finished… Najia didn't abandon you either. She was hurt. Probably in order to protect you, all of you. And, she's getting better too. She's not going to abandon you, Kari. She'll make a full recovery. I promise that too."

Crying softly as the smaller girl's words seemingly hit her and broke away her depressing thoughts, the younger girl opened her mouth again, but this time, no words came out. Her voice, she couldn't find it. Seeing the reaction, she had been hoping for, Abby smiled warmly before preparing what she was about to say next. If this didn't drive her point home, then nothing else she could say even mattered.

"You're not evil Kari. You're not a Monster either. You're not a bad person or even a questionable one at that. You're kind, and very sweet too. It doesn't matter what you were born as. Witch, Human, none of that matters. It's what you choose to do in life that defines who you are. No matter what anyone says, what anyone calls you, only you can choose what you want to be. And no one will ever abandon you, because, you're you. You're one of the most caring people I've ever met Kari... and, you're one of the reasons I'm not going to abandon you either. Not you, or any of the others either."

Stiffening as the smaller girl's words reached her ears, Kari's eyes slowly began to widen as she processed what the teenager had just said to her. Looking down at Abby in shock, the younger Hominal's mouth opened and closed, as faint noises croaked out. Did this mean, what she thought it did…?

Smiling brightly as she watched the younger girl trying to understand what she had said, Abby quietly sighed before looking back over to Najia now. "I don't know if she'll let me join you all or not… but, I'm hoping she does. I want to stay here with you Kari. With all of you girls. You've really changed the way I see and feel things. It's hard to believe how much I've felt in the past week. But, I feel like this is the right choice. You don't mind, right?"

Looking back up at the child now, Abby continued to smile as she saw fresh tears peaking out in the corners of the younger Hominal's eyes as they met each other's.  "Y-You're… you're not, leaving us…?" Tightening her hold on the toddler's fingers, he brunette simply nodded.

"No. I'm not going to abandon you. No matter what happens, good, or bad, we'll always be friends. I won't leave you. I know... that I can't replace your mother Kari... I'll never fill her role in your life. No one else ever could. But, I'll do my best to be there for you no matter what, and in any way, I can."

Feeling the younger girl's fingers shifting beneath her, the smaller teen grinned as she fell into the child's hands. Lifting the diminutive human up towards her face, Kari was in tears once more as she stared long and hard at the smaller girl, her fingers cradling her fearfully, almost as if she were going to disappear if she released her hold on her if she did.

 

"P-P-Promise…?"

 

Biting back a laugh as she heard to pleading tone, Abby quietly nodded before moving her hands up to the finger pressed into her midsection. "I promise Kari." Whimpering louder then before, Kari sobbed as she pulled the smaller girl into her chest before cradling her tenderly.

"A-Abby… Please don't leave us…" Hugging her back as she felt her stomach flutter from her words, the brunette pressed her forehead into her before nodding. "I won't. I promised. We'll always be friends." Keeping the smaller teen like this a while longer, Kari soon fell back as she clung onto the shrunken girl, before crying once more.

 

She promised…

 

She was never going to leave them…

 

She wasn't going to be abandoned again…

 

Not this time…

 

 

 

To be continued.

 

End Notes:

Well, I finnaly got to Kari. :D

I hope I didn't depress anyone. Her story has stuck with me ever since I first introduced her in the first chapter. I hope you don't mind the long chapter. There was just to much I couldn't leave out for her character.

We'll be getting back with the others soon enough.

I'll see you all next time. :)

Round Two... by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

Hey hey hey everyone, glad to be back again with another chapter. :3

 

I hope you all enjoy this one and thank you all for the reviews from the last one. It feels great to see them whenever i log back in and it really makes me want to write more so really, thank you all.

 

I please take this chapter as my thank you and I hope i'll be able to give you all another one shortly~

 

Cheers!

 

    “WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! WHAT DO’YA MEAN YOU’RE NOT GONNA CHANGE BACK TO YER NORMAL SELF YET?! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?! I WAS ONLY GONE FOR TWENTY FREAKIN MINUTES!”

 

Backing up slowly on the younger witch’s palms as she raised her hands up defensively, Abby chuckled dryly as she tried to calm her fuming guardian down. She kind of expected a reaction like this…

“N-Now, now, Casey… I, just don’t want to be hasty, that’s all! I’ve been stuck like this for a week now… what’s another day or two more?” That was a rather weak excuse and she knew it… But, she didn’t want to tell the redhead that she was actually stuck like this until Najia awakened. The last thing she needed was for Casey and Kari to get into a fight all because of her…

Tugging on her hair as she started to fume, Casey’s pleading eyes fell on her younger friend in turn. “AND YER JUS GONNA ALLOW THIS?! AFTER EVERYTHIN SHE’S DONE FOR US?! COME ON, SAY SOMETHING YA BOYD!” Kari was the voice of reason more often than not! If she asked her Abby to change back then she would do it for sure!

Shivering in place as she started to shrink from the rising octaves in the Hominal’s tone, Kari quietly whimpered before turning her head away. “I-I-I… I can’t… I can’t change- ““She can’t change my mind. I already told her there was no point in even trying to.”

Blinking in surprise as she was cut off, Kari’s eyes fell on the smaller teen she held as she gave her a knowing smile. “A-Abby…” Nodding back at the younger girl as she quietly began to whimper, the brunette softly sighed.

“Casey, I know you want to do stuff with me when I change back. You’re not fooling anyone. It’s just for a little longer, alright? Once grow back we can do anything you want. But, only when I choose to change back. Deal?”

Gulping as she heard the resolute tone the smaller girl was speaking to her in, Casey’s face suddenly flushed a bright shade of red. “A-Anythin…?” Growing embarrassed as she watched the obscene look the Dullahan now wore, Abby simply nodded as she gave her an affirming smile.

“I promise. Now, please stop screaming. You’re starting to scare Kari.” Licking her lips as her mind began to wander, the younger girl shivered in excitement before she gingerly began to scratch her cheek. “Jeez… fine already. I won’t ask whatever the hell it was that made ya lose yer head I guess. J-Just make sure ya keep yer promise!”

Smirking, Abby simply nodded as she saw the excitement in the younger Hominal’s eyes. ‘What did I just agree to…?’ It would probably be pleasant, but… she wasn’t so sure anymore.  ‘Having to bribe someone to agree with a decision they have no say in, is rather unbefitting for a potential mate. You would do well to remember that, my amore…’

Stiffening as an elegant voice echoed out in her mind, Abby’s eyes swiftly turned towards the entrance of the cave before a small smile made its way to her lips as she saw Eve casually entering on her own. Had nightfall come already? It felt like she and Casey had been out just a few hours prior.

Catching on a bit slower then the human had both Kari and Casey’s eyes followed Abby’s line of sight before they grew rigid as they watched the Vampiress calmly strolling past them before she was kneeling in front of the brunette with an all too familiar grin spread across her features.

“My amore~. My apologies, for coming so early. I just couldn’t help myself. I’ve attended my familiars, so you needn’t worry. Both Emma and Ella are up and about as per their usual. Quite the lively ones as you’d imagine. They're rather keen on seeing you soon actually. Perhaps after we spend a little time together ourselves, I can call them to my chambers if you’d like to catch up. I know you’ve been concerned for their wellbeing, have you not?”

Blushing heavily as she felt the Vampire’s breath wash over her skin from the closeness of their face’s, the teenager looked away sheepishly before smiling. “Y-Yeah… I-I think I’d like that actually. Did, you have something in mind for us though? You said, after…”

Grinning in amusement as her subtle statements hadn’t gone by unnoticed, the blonde quietly chuckled as her fingers started to wrap around the smaller girl. “Of course, ~. I was thinking, we could pick up where we left off the last time you were there~. Though this time, I can assure you my familiars will not interrupt us. Plus, we could share another dinner together. A better one.”

Standing in silence as she felt her body being surrounded by the Hominal’s finger’s, Abby quietly nodded as she thought about the Vampire’s tempting offer. She could use something like that right about now. But, it didn’t look like the pleasant time the blonde was offering was all that appealing to everyone else…

“Sorry, but Abby’s already got previous engagements. Better luck next time ya stiff!” Hardening her gaze as her eyes shined red, Eve snarled angrily as she felt her mate suddenly removed from her fingertips as a black shadowy tendril pulled her away from her.

Why… what was the point, in interfering! Standing back up with her back turned to the Dullahan behind her, the Vampire’s eyes continued to glow as she silently breathed to calm herself down. The last thing she needed was to get angry again and paint her character in a bad light in front of her future mate.

“Is that so? I don’t recall MY Abby every stating that herself. Perhaps it is just you who thought up these, delusions yourself, and you’re now trying to force them upon our dearest guest. For shame, Ragdoll, for shame…” Eve muttered darkly as she craned her neck back to glare at the taller redhead.

Landing softly as her body was turned all around, Abby coughed briefly as she felt the air return to her lungs. She had been pulled away from the Vampire so fast she barely had time to breathe! Looking up at Casey in concern, all worry left the brunette's features as she looked up at the younger girl’s face. ‘N-Not again!’

She looked, livid…

Grinding her teeth as she matched the older girl's glare with an equally icy one, Casey soon began to smile as her fingers wrapped around the smaller human before she began to pet her gently. “I hate ta break it to ya, but me and MY Abby were still on OUR date. You’ll jus have ta come back, oh… I don’t know, tomorrow? The next day? Who knows. You’d probably be better off not coming back at all… actually.” She growled.

Not batting an eyelash at the hostile words directed her way, the regal Vampiress soon began to smile as her fangs briefly peaked out beyond her lips. “Your, date? You couldn’t possibly mean that farce you subjected our indulgent guest to earlier, now could you? Because frankly, I could hardly see anyone of negligible intellect delusional enough to call that, anything but what it was… A complete, and utter, waste of her time.” Eve growled.

Widening her eyes at the proclamation, Casey’s shadow slowly began to flicker back and forth off the walls on its own. She had been spying on them again! “Ya want ta run that by me again, bloodsucker!” Smirking in amusement at the ire she provoked, Eve’s eyes shined brightly as she began to stalk forward unthreatened by the murderous gaze being sent her way.

“A picnic? What type of a date is that! You take MY Abby out of the safety of these walls, and into the open where she is subjected to nature, animals, insects, and dare I say, the most hazardous thing to her health… you. All for the sake, of trying to act like you even have a shred, of understanding of what a proper date befitting someone as special as she is? No. No, that is not a date. That is a cruel misconception of what a child thinks two who are in love should do in the company of one another. That is where you and I, differ on a scale incomparable to the mindset, of silly, little, girl!” Eve finished succinctly, as she stood chest to chest with the now trembling Dullahan.

Convulsing as her anger began to bubble over, the redhead all but tossed Abby over to a startled Kari as she Witch scrambled to grab her. She didn’t want her Storeen to have to be caught up in this. It was about to get ugly…

“And ya think, screamin at her like a wee lil tot, is any better! Oh, I heard what ya did! Yer lil flyin fucks told me all about it! Ya took MY Abby away from me. Kept her in a musty little hole in the ground. Played dress up on her like she was yer dolly! And then threw a temper tantrum because ya didn’t get yer way! Seems ta me, that out of the two of us, at least I put her needs above my own. I bet ya can’t say the same, now can ya?”

Glaring hatefully at the taller girl as her eyes glowed a bloody red, Eve’s fingers slowly began to twitch now. She hadn’t expected the ragdoll to know of what transpired between her and Abby the night before. Those damned Imps probably spied on them from one of their cracks in the walls... But, it was fine. She still had the upper hand, in every way.

“Outburst aside... Our date was pleasant to a tee. I sat Abby down, made her a beautiful ensemble fitting for someone as breathtaking as she, and we shared a delicious meal… before consummating our love together, in my very bedchambers. And you dare preach, that your little outing could even hold a candle to what my I and my amore shared… I should put you in your place for even insinuating such a novelty!” She hissed.

“U-U-Umm... c-could you two p-please, not fight in here…? N-N-Najia is still recovering. A-And I know that Abby doesn’t- “

 

“BE SILENT!”

“SHUT IT BOYD!”

 

Screeching as she fell backward's in fear, Kari whimpered loudly as she was shrieked at by both bickering Hominal in turn. They looked like they were ready to kill each other right here and now! Shivering in silence as she watched both Casey and Eve tossing words with one another, Abby was sullen by what was transpiring.

‘Why… why do you both have to fight over me…?’ She wasn’t worth this… She wasn’t worth all the trouble she was causing! And it was making her sick to her stomach to see both these girls acting, so hateful to each other. This… it had to stop… But, what could she even do, against two towering titans such as them?

Standing as stiff as a stone as shadows began to creep up all around her, Eve’s eyes never left the redhead as the wind around her suddenly began to circle the both of them slicing the shadows left and right. To think, that ragdoll would dare to challenge her again… it was not amusing… it was it was an insult!

“A full course meal, versus stale bread and moldy cheese… a thoughtful gift, brought on by countless hours of labor and love, versus a rock next to water… a heartfelt moment of love, and a wondrous night of passion, verses… blubbering and self-loathing… You’re not even trying to copy me… you’re just a pathetic kid who can’t grasp when she’s lost. Abby will never be yours… this burlesque you’ve thought up is over now. My Amore is mine. And I pity her for having to humor your poor mental stability, to begin with-“

Leaping back as she was all but cut off, literally, Eve’s eyes shifted as she saw a black curved blade jaggedly sticking out of the ground where she had been standing prior. It seemed time for words were at an end. This ended now. She would beat it into this brat if she had to!

“YOU BITCH! I’LL KILL YOU!” Casey screamed as her shadows shot forward, multiple scythe-like blades all curving outward from each tendril of black rather than the weapon she had been using beforehand. She hadn’t crossed a line… she had completely shredded it and pissed on it after!

Flying through the air as she landed a fair amount away, Eve’s eyes shot back and forth as she observed the strange new addition to the growing arsenal the headless girl possessed. She had watched a lot of new and strange things the redhead had been capable of recently and this was almost impressive… almost.

Reeling her arm back uncaringly, the Vampiress simply closed her eyes before swing her arm forward, before all the encroaching tendrils were severed from the ground causing the countless scythes to clatter to the ground below before melting away into nothing.

“Kill me…? You couldn’t keep up with Ebon in her weakened state. How dare you even insinuate you could stand toe to toe with me. I am Najia’s charge. I am her right hand! You are the self-loathing parasite she picked up by mistake all those years ago. Perhaps it’s time I corrected her error of judgment!”

Gritting her teeth in pain as the Vampire vanished instantaneously, Casey soon found herself being shoved backward as she gripped her own scythe defensively as Eve’s hand collided with the front of the blade in an attempt to knock her back. If it had been a few days ago that probably would have hit her head clean off. Thankfully, she could materialize a blade on a dime now. Not that it helped much. This was ridiculous!

Keeping a neutral face to her assault, the regal blonde pulled her fist back before delivering another punch the redhead’s way, before continuing with another, and another, and another. This was pointless and she knew it. Watching as Casey jumped back after every punch, the older Hominal soon snarled before spinning around with a kick instead.

Falling to the ground as she was knocked clear off her feet, the Dullahan soon raised a dome of shadows around her as another kick soon fell on top of her makeshift shield. Just how long did the bloodsucker plan to keep this up!

Snarling as a spike of shadow shot out where her foot had been planted, Eve turned her head to the side before another aimed to impale her face. "All these new tricks and you still can't grasp what power really is... This is sad..." Leaping back as multiple spikes shot out at once, the Vampire's eyes hardened as she watched them retreat back into the strange dome. Was this a joke to her!

"You keep thinking up new and unique ways to use your gifts... yet, even with all that potential... you fail to understand how to even utilize it!" Eve barked before running toward's Casey once more. Watching closely as multiple spikes began to rise from the black surface once again, the blonde simply closed her eyes before raising her hand.

As the spikes shot out at her like before, they all soon were severed as a single gust of wind shredded them apart till they fell to the ground and splattered. "You can make anything from those shadows you proudly boast... But you never... try to make them any more durable!" Eve screamed. It was infuriating to see someone so weak acting tough!

“Do you, think, you, could, protect her?! She, needs, a strong, mate, like, me!” Eve screamed, her every word being followed by a hard punch to the cracking dome of shadows. “Abby has to have someone to protect her… and I’ll be damned before I allow a weak, defenseless, child like you be the one to do it!”

Raising her fist back in anger, Eve screamed once more before slamming her fist through the dome causing it to shatter on its final impact… however, the Vampires eyes suddenly widened by what she saw inside.

Kneeling on the ground as her scythe was lowered at an angle, Casey grinned viciously as her hands gripped her weapon tightly, all before the blade was swung upward in one swift motion. Reeling backward in shock, Eve was at a loss for words as she took a few more steps back.

‘W-What…?’ What, just happened…? Moving a shaking hand towards her chest, the blonde’s eyes slowly began to widen as she stared down at her hand. Coating her palm, and her chest… was, blood? Wincing as her regal clothing was torn apart, the little Vampire glanced down at her chest, as a small gash stretched up her stomach, and between her breasts. She had been, cut… But, she caught the blade, hadn’t she?

Panting in exhaustion, Casey dropped her scythe to the ground before falling to her knee’s. She did it… Grinning quietly as she felt her energy all but depleted, the headless girl looked up silently as she saw the aftermath of her attack.

‘I-I got her…’ She had landed a hit. It seemed, her training had finally paid off. But now… she could hardly move. Damn it, why couldn’t it have been just a bit deeper. Sighing as she tried to stand up, the redhead soon raised a knee up before glaring back at the startled Hominal in front of her. Weak... she knew she was weak. It was something she just had to overcome!

“I… I know that you bitch! And I’ll be the one… t-to protect her! I’ll never let anything hurt her! She’s going to be my mate! And I’ll keep gettin stronger for her! I ain’t like ya… or like the damned lizard! But I won’t stop, until I know she’s safe! Because, that’s what it means, to be someone’s mate!”

It meant, being willing to put everything on the line for the one they’re with. Coming to her senses as the stinging in her chest began to slowly pester her, Eve’s eyes grew a bloody red once more before she moved her hands to her mouth, before licking her opened wounds.

“For once… I can agree with you on something… But you’re still too weak. You’ll never keep her safe. And if there’s even a shred of doubt in my mind about that, I cannot allow it.” She didn’t care if the sentiment was there. Or that the headless girl believed every word she was spouting wholeheartedly. Actions spoke louder than words. And her actions had come up short.

Wiping her saliva over her open wound, the Vampire’s soon closed her eyes as she felt the small gash beginning to seal itself. It was a shame on her pride to have been struck… but, if you planned to give an attack on someone your all…  you had to be willing to accept the consequences if it failed. And this was a lesson she was more than willing to teach the naive Hominal kneeling before her.

Stalking forward as her fingers curled outward, the older girl was soon standing over Casey before reaching forward. Gritting her teeth as her hair was pulled, the redhead tried to keep her head in place, but her shadow just couldn’t hold onto it anymore, she was to drained.

Prying away the younger girl’s head as she lifted it up to eye level, Eve simply shared a glare with her. “I don’t care what you think… and I don’t care what you feel… If you truly cared about Abby as I do, then you would relent, and stop pretending. You can’t keep her safe. And in the end, if she dies, her blood would be on your hands…”

Biting her tongue as she felt the Vampires words stab her like a stake, Casey grit her teeth angrily before growling. “I… I could. I, I’ll get… stronger! I-I’ll keep getting stronger… and… and… I-I’ll… I’ll give her my life if I have to! I don’t care if I die! I’ll protect her with everything I’ve got!”

She’d do anything for her Storeen… anything…

 

 

“THAT… THAT’S… THAT’S ENOOOOOOUGH!!!!!”

 

Stiffening up, both Eve and Casey slowly began to pale as an all to familiar voice rang out behind them. Realizing they weren’t alone, both Eve and Casey shifted their gaze back towards Kari, and in turn, to Abby too. It had almost been like, they had forgotten she had been here all along…

But, one thing was for certain. She was shaking… and her expression was far more terrifying then what either of them had just faced with one another. She, was, furious… Looking down at her smaller companion with an equally startled expression, Kari quietly gulped as she saw the enraged state the smaller human was in. It seemed she was just as upset by all of this, but, instead of being worried, she was angry…

Trembling silently as she felt her emotions all stirred up after what she had witnessed, the smaller teen clenched her hands as she looked back at the two bickering Hominal angrily. What they were saying… what they were doing! It… it was making her sick!

“This… this has to stop… I, I can’t… I can’t keep watching this… I CAN’T KEEP WATCHING YOU BOTH FIGHT EACH OTHER OVER ME!” This was ridiculous! They were ready to kill one another over someone they liked! If this was what it came to… then she had to put her foot down… E-Even, if it meant what she had to say next.

Biting her lower lip as she tried to control herself, the brunette looked back up at Eve and Casey, before shaking her head once more. “Y-You two… you’ll never stop, will you? This, it will never end. Your rivalry... I feel like I'm just an object to you two at this point. E-Even, even if I choose a mate… you’d still hate each other. You, Eve… you look down on others… and put up an act, like you’re better than everyone else! But I’ve seen who you really are, it isn’t fooling me!” Abby screamed, the Vampiress shrinking a bit by the hostile words being sent her way.

“And you… Casey, you want to prove to everyone, that you’re just as strong as anyone else. But, you’re just getting yourself hurt… and using that as an excuse to justify being stupid and reckless!” Opening her mouth to speak, the Dullahan soon felt her words leave her… why, couldn’t she talk back to her…?

Crying softly as she stared back at the pair of Hominal, Abby quietly shook her head again. “I… I thought you two would stop fighting. After last time, I thought it would just be words, not actual fists… But, you’ll never stop. All because of me… So that’s why I’ve made my choice…” She whispered.

Looking back at Abby with baited breath, both Eve and Casey were mute as they listened intently to the smaller girls’ words. Did she mean, she was going to choose one of them, as her mate…? Trembling silently as she gathered her bearings, the brunette sniffled weakly before clenching her eyes shut. She didn’t like, that it had to come to this… but they were leaving her no choice.

 

“If this is what the future holds for the two of you, then I choose, to take neither of you as my mate. Not now, not ever.”

 

Dropping the younger girls head to the ground as her eyes widened in disbelief, Eve was the first to react as she looked on at her amore… speechlessly. She, wasn’t going to pick, either of them? But… she had to choose a mate! She had seen her take her as her own countless times in her mind! It… it had to be… This, couldn’t have gone the way it had… the potential for this to be the outcome was almost nonexistent…

Showing no outward reaction as her head collided with the hard rocks beneath her, Casey was equally shocked as well, as her eyes beaded. Her Storeen… she didn’t want to take either of them as her mate? So… that meant, all of her training… had been for nothing? She couldn’t have her Abby…?

Even Kari was surprised as well as she looked down at the crying teenager in her hands. She didn’t know much about what her friend or Eveline wanted from Abby… but, if they wanted her as a mate as badly as they said they did, then this was probably soul-crushing to hear coming directly from the one they loved…

Shivering as she heard the room go all but silent, to the point even the ever-present waterfall behind them seemingly ebbed less, Abby continued to cry softly as she tried to calm down. She wasn’t going to lie, not to them, or to herself. She had, feelings… for both of them. It seemed almost ridiculous that they formed in only a week, and to a different species no less. But, they were definitely there. But no feelings mattered when the two she liked… loved? Wanted to hurt one another over their love for her.

This was the only way she could think of to end this fighting… once and for all. Even, if that meant giving up the possibility of a pleasant future that they both were offering her. Keeping her eyes fixated on the ground instead of the two in front of her, Abby continued to shake her head. She couldn’t bear to see their faces… not after what she had just said.

“T-There… I’ve made my decision. S-S-So please… j-just, stop, FIGHTING!” There was just no reason to. Not anymore… She had taken it away.

 

Closing her opened mouth, as reality slowly began to set in, Eve’s shining eyes faded back to normal, before they left her little amore, to gaze back down at her newfound rival in turn. It was all too apparent, what their actions had brought, now that her anger had subsided. This… had to be rectified.

“A-Abby… I… We, we’re Hominal. You must understand my amore, this is how two of our kind act if we share an interest in the same mate! Y-You can’t just-““I’M NOT A HOMINAL!” Going silent in an instant as she heard her little love screaming back at her, Eve’s shoulders soon dropped, as she saw the tears trailing down her cheeks.

Moving her arm up to her eyes as she furiously wiped away her tears, the smaller toon continued to sniffle as she shook her head. “I… I’m not, like, you… This… this doesn’t please me, and I'll never understand it! I don’t care whose stronger! O-Or whose classier! O-Or if you’re alive or undead or if you drink blood or, or your head falls off! NONE OF THAT MATTERS TO ME! None of it… I just… I just can’t keep watching you kill each other…” She whimpered out.

It hurt. It hurt to see it. As a doctor in training… as someone who had seen too much death and violence to last her a lifetime… as someone, who shared feelings for them both. All of It combined made it all too much to bear. She just couldn’t…

Feeling the brunette’s emotions being relayed back to her, Eve was sullen by what she had done… what, they had both done… Looking down at Casey once more, the redhead seemingly still in a state of shock by the teen's former statement, the Vampiress soon closed her eyes before clenching her fists.

If this was where fate was guiding her Abby… then her choices were very limited. But, one led to the outcome she wanted. But, it was a path in which she, had regretted to have ever looked upon, and one she would have never have considered in the end. But, now it seemed like it was the only way she could reclaim what she had lost. Kneeling down gently, the little blondes’ fingers soon wove themselves into Casey’s hair, before she picked her head back up. She... No, they... could salvage it. Not all was lost...

“Ragd-, C-Casey… come with me. We… we have things to discuss… We’ll return shortly… Abby…” Hearing no reply back from her little lover, Eve bit her tongue before grabbing the back of the younger girl’s dress and pulling her body along with her as she made them both leave the brunette's presence.

Watching as a bystander to it all, Kari was at a loss for words. Both by what Abby had said, and, by what Eveline had just done. That was the first time she had ever heard her call Casey by her real name. She could only hope that wherever she was taking her friend, they wouldn’t get into another fight. Abby didn’t look so good.

Staring back down at the teen as she softly cried, Kari quietly began to whimper. “D-D-Does… does this mean, y-you won’t be staying with us after all?” Wiping her eyes dry as her tears finally began to subside, Abby looked up for the first time since she had started speaking as she saw the toddler behind her about ready to cry herself.

Forcing a smile to her lips, the brunette soon shook her head. “N-No Kari… I, I’m still staying. I’m sorry that I made you think I wasn’t… I just…” Trailing off as she felt her sadness returning, the teenager quietly shook her head. It was just one thing after another around here…

Feeling her body moved, however, Abby said nothing as she was soon pulled into the little witch’s chest as she hugged her close to her heart. “P-Please don’t leave us, Abby! I-I’m sorry! Please, just don’t go away!” If she didn’t mate with Casey or Eve, did she really have a reason to stay with them in the end?

Nuzzling her face into the child, Abby quietly nodded. “I… I made you a promise. You haven’t already forgotten, have you?” Shaking her head, the dirty blonde soon whimpered as she curled up into a small ball next to Najia’s bedside as she continued to cradle the shrunken girl tightly.

She hadn’t forgotten.

 

“I-I’m s-sorry…” Sighing weakly, Abby continued to just hug the child, as they stayed in this position a while longer…

 

It hurt too much to talk anymore… She just wanted to be held.

 

And to silently pray… that she hadn’t made this whole situation any worse by her actions…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

“C-Casey’s been gone for a long time… Y-Y-You don’t think that Eveline did something to her, do you Abby…?”

 

 

Shaking her head quietly as she laid sprawled out on top of a purring Nya’s belly, Abby remained silent as she gently petted the young Neko’s tummy. It seemed her new *kitten* could sense her discomfort and came not to long after she had begun crying. Frankly, though, she welcomed the comfort from her. Potentially sabotaging her situation here wasn’t something pleasant to dwell on. So, having someone to take her mind off it was better than nothing.

But, Kari did bring up a good point. The two of them had been gone for a while. It had to have been hours since they had their fight. She just hoped the line that was crossed could be mended somehow… and in the end, she could still remain friends with them.

“Eve… wouldn’t hurt Casey like that. She doesn’t want to upset me anymore then she did earlier… even if I upset her back. I don’t know what they’re doing together… but it’s not going to change my mind. I’m still not going to choose either of them as my mate. The one who's left out will just end up hating whoever I choose… and maybe even resenting me after a while…” It wasn’t fair.

She liked them both as they liked her… But, this was the path of least resistance. Even if it meant losing both of them in the end, they would have no reason to continue fighting as they had been until now. ‘I hope, that you understand Eve…’ And she hoped Casey did too.

Feeling a gentle poke on her back, Abby soon smiled before rolling over on her side to hug Nya’s dusky fingers. “Nyaaa!” “Don't worry, I love you too.” Smiling quietly as she watched her two friends laying together, Kari quietly sighed as she stroked the Neko’s head comfortingly.

She hoped Abby was right. She didn’t like seeing her friend fight so hard anymore then the brunette did. ‘Please come back soon Casey… Abby needs you.’ She could tell, that the teen was still hurting after what had occurred. And having the three of them that were involved make up would be the best she could hope for… as doubtful as that was to happen…

“Kari… Can I ask you something, and can you please answer me honestly?” Looking back down at the shrunken human, the little witch nodded before leaning her face closer. “What is it, Abby?” Keeping her face turned to the younger Hominal as she thought about her next statement, the brunette silently closed her eyes as she tried to quell the lingering doubt in the back of her mind. It had been festering there for a while now.

“Do you think… that after everything that’s happened since I came here, Ebon might have been right all along?” Blinking slowly as she tried to process what had just been said, Kari’s eyes slowly began to widen. “WHAAAAAT? W-What do you mean?! SHE WANTS TO KILL YOU ABBY! How could you even ask something like that?!”

Wincing as her words were received about as well as she figured they'd be, the teenager sighed weakly before rolling back over to meet the young witch’s panicked face. “Kari… Since I was brought here… I’ve caused each of your kind some sort of pain or turmoil by budding in where I didn’t belong in the first place. I’ve caused the rift that separates you, girls, to become even wider. I’ve almost got a couple of you k-killed… And, the more I think about it… This was all what Ebon said would happen after she discovered I was here…”

She wasn’t taking the Dragon pups side when it came to her actions… but, her statements were becoming eerily true in the end. And she was starting to wonder if her very presence might actually be more harmful to these girls then she had first realized. Perhaps… staying with them would be more dangerous in the end. Not to just her, but to each of them…

‘They’re enemies to our very existence…’ This statement seemed to hold more meaning then it did the first time she had heard it. Perhaps, trying to coexist, and to help these girls were better left to their own kind. Better left… to Najia.

“A-A-Abby…” Blinking as she was brought back to the younger girl before her, the brunette stiffened up immediately as she watched Kari’s face now covered in tears. ‘D-Damn it!’ She didn’t mean to make her cry... again!

Leaning up quickly as she raised her hands up in a calming fashion, the brunette softly sighed before reaching out to the younger girl. “Kari… Please don’t cry. I-I, I just need to know the truth. Am I really helping any of you like I think I am… or am I just causing discourse by being here in the first place.”

Nudging the little Neko’s hands aside as she picked up the smaller teen in her palms, Kari soon brought the diminutive girl back into her embrace before holding her close for comfort. She wanted to cry after hearing her say that!

“A-Abby…” Listening to the weak whimpers and sniffles above her, the brunette was soon depressed once more. It was things like this that she questioned. She asked the little Hominal one thing, and she brought her to tears. It was hard to gauge at times like this, whether or not it mattered if she was there in the end.

“P-Please… stop it…” Looking up in surprise as she heard a somewhat harsher tone come from the child, Abby soon began to scowl. “S-Stop, what…?” Tightening her hold on the shrunken teen, Kari’s eyes faintly glowed a soft magenta hue as she gently hugged her friend closer.

“Stop… stop saying stupid stuff… Y-You’re smarter than that…” Looking back at the child in surprise, Abby was about to retort before being cut off quickly as her head was forced into the younger Witch's chest. Pressing her fingers lightly into the back of the brunette’s head, Kari soured considerably as she clutched the smaller girl affectionately.

“I… I know you’re upset… but don’t say things like that. E-Ebon… Ebon hates you. Agreeing with her means that you hate yourself. And it means… that everything we’ve done since you arrived, was pointless… Is this pointless!”

Yipping as she was jerked away from the toddler’s chest and shoved in front of Najia’s sleeping form, Abby soon felt a pang of guilt from her words prior. However, she didn’t get much time to dwell on it as she was pulled away swiftly once more before being presented before a clearly startled Nya.

“W-Was she a mistake to?!” Looking back at the little Neko as she stared back at her in confusion, Abby soon began to frown before she was turned away once more, before being brought up to the younger girl’s face.

“W-W-What about m-me? Do you think you’re not helping me? Am I-I a mistake as well!” Staring back mutely as she was humbled in a matter of seconds, the shrunken girl soon hung her head as she felt shame from her former words.

“K-Kari… that’s enough… I get it, I’m sorry…” Hugging the smaller girl back into her, the little Witch nodded before gently petting the teens head. She knew that Abby was upset by what she had said earlier. But that didn’t mean she had the right to upset others as well!

“Abby… I don’t care what you think. Everybody here, really, really likes you. I-I do! And Nya sees you as her owner! And Casey loves you and so does Eveline! And I heard both Emma and Ella praising you the last time they came here to help me! And I think it’s the same for the others too! You’ve been telling me every day how much fun you’ve had with everyone… Even after everything we’ve done to you. E-Everything, I’ve done to you… Please… Please don’t start thinking that you’re hurting us in some way. It’s the exact opposite… The way I see it, y-you’re the reason we’re going to be ok... You’re the reason, we’re going to keep being ok. You saved Najia… You’ve helped me feel better to… And I know you’ve made everyone really, really happy by being here. You’re not scum. Or a disease! Or a bad person! You’re you! And even if people get mad at you sometimes, I’ll still love you! And Nya will too!” “Nyaa?” “Exactly!”

Smiling weakly as she felt her troubles all but evaporate as the child continued to rant, Abby chuckled softly as she rested her forehead against Kari’s chest. Self-pity was definitely not something she needed right now. And thankfully, it seemed the little Witch was happy to rid her of it.

‘I think Casey may be onto something… I am an eejit…’ Sighing as she heard the younger girl, and now Neko as well apparently, continue to list off random things that they had done with her, the teen pulled her head back before looking up at Kari. She got the point.

“Kari, that’s enough. I get it, alright? I’m sorry. Thank you for answering me though… even if it wasn’t a simple yes or no.” Panting softly as she felt herself at a loss for breath, the younger Witch nodded before smiling warmly back at the brunette.

“You helped me feel better about myself Abby. And I wanted to make you feel better about yourself too. We’re friends, you promised. And that’s what we do!” Laughing weakly as one of the child’s hands left her as she stuck her pinky finger out, Abby gave her a warm smile in return before grabbing onto it. “I remember. Thank you, Kari.”

Eeping in surprise as she was knocked out of the younger girl’s hands before falling into another, both Witch and human looked up in disbelief as they watched Nya purring contently. “N-N-NYA! D-DOWN! GET DOWN!” “NYAAAA!!!”

Watching as the little Neko glomped the younger girl against her will as she tried to hold onto the brunette herself, Abby soon began to grin before bursting into laughter as she was waved around. It seemed the little cat-girl was getting rather jealous again.

“N-Nya! Knock it off!” Grinning as she fought off the larger girl’s tongue as she started to get groomed by the younger girl, the brunette simply laughed it out as Kari thrashed beneath the content kitten holding them both hostage.

 

Perhaps, she did have a place here after all. Even if it was as bizarre as this.

 

As their little tussle continued, however, all playfulness that surrounded the group soon died out as Nya’s ears began to twitch. Letting go of Abby as she dropped her on top of Kari’s stomach, the little Neko soon sat up on top of the Witch as her slanted eyes shot to the entrance of the cave.

“N-N-NYA! THAT HURTS! GET OFF ME ALREADY!!!!!” Feeling the little Beastial comply with her wishes as she jumped off her body, Kari leaned up quickly before rubbing her chest. She thought she was going to be crushed!

“Owe, owe, owe! Darn it Nya! How many times have I told you not to get on me like that?” Kari whined out as she picked Abby up off her as well. But, no response came. In fact, it seemed like the younger kitten had gotten up rather quickly actually…

“K-Kari, I think someone’s coming…” Blinking as she heard Abby’s voice speak up, the younger girl looked back down at the teenager before frowning as she saw the worried look she wore. Looking over to her friend as well, the dirty blonde soon began to cringe as she saw the state the little Beastial was in now.

She had gone from playful to alert in a matter of seconds… and whenever that happened, it only meant one thing. “Y-You don’t think…” Growing silent as a figure began to emerge from the darkness, Kari’s voice all but abandoned her before fear entered her eyes, as did Abby’s by who they saw standing there…

“NYAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!” Hissing loudly as her tail shot up in agitation, the Beastial loudly growled before stalking in front of her friend and owner defensively before her petite claws began to extend. She recognized the smell quicker than the others… and she had to protect her new alpha, now that she was in harm’s way…

Sitting atop Kari’s hands as she looked out over the room, Abby felt her mouth go dry as she tried to determine why she was here… Eve had said, that she wouldn’t come back. But yet, here she was again… And she looked just as displeased to see the three of them as they were her…

 

“E-Ebon…”

 

Gulping collectively, all three girls looked back at the black dragon pup as she glared at them collectively, her shimmering red, reptilian eyes shifting between Nya first, before darting to Kari next, and lastly landing on herself, before they narrowed hatefully back at her. She was back once again… Though this time, neither of her two guardians were present…

 

And she doubted that was a coincidence…

 

She was no doubt, here to finish the job she had set out to do the first time. And now, there would be little resistance without Eve or Casey to hinder her. Keeping her eyes locked on the small human her companions were harboring, Ebon moved one foot forward before the little Neko in front of her yowled in anger. But, it didn’t deter the Dragon one bit, as she took another, and another, before standing directly across from their group, before her jaw fell open, and a guttural growl of her own was heard.

 

 

“Abby… You’re coming with me…”

 

 

To be continued…

 

 

End Notes:

 

Aaaaaaand, the cliffhanger... because I know you all love and adore those so much. >:3

 

It looks like we might be getting into some Ebon territory and I know how you all love that homicidal dragon girl as much as I do. <3

 

I'll try to have the next chapter up soon. It's going to be a really fun one to write. One I've been looking forward to writing for awhile now. So please, be patiant with me.

 

I'll see you all later :D

Incentive. by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

"Sighs"

 

It really has been a long time since I was last on here. I even forgot my password and had to reset it :(

 

I'm sorry to everyone who still follows me and reads my stories. I had hoped to have this one completed by now, but honestly... It feels like time isn't on my side anymore.

I hope people are still looking forward to this. It was really thrilling to have people happy to see new chapters, but after taking multiple breaks I can understand why that might not be the case anymore.

Either way though, I'm still going to complete this story. So I'm really really sorry if I made anyone worry.

Please enjoy this chapter. It was fun to write it, and I hope I can get the next one up to. I think I said I was looking forward to these next few and I hope you understand too with whats to come.

 

See you later

 

 

 

‘Drip… Drip… Drip… Every four seconds…’

 

Hearing a faint cracking sound off in the distance, Abby listened intently as it went off again a little while later. It was strange to hear so many things you were previously deaf to when you actually put in the time to listen to them. But, the only reason she was even doing that, was because she was simply too terrified to make any sounds herself.

Gulping as she felt the scaled hand beneath her lightly warming her at her base, the teenager soon cast her eyes over her shoulder, as she looked up at Ebon’s face timidly. How… How did she even get into this mess? And what was going to happen now that the Dragon girl got what she wanted?

Looking away sullenly as she was carried off somewhere, the brunette breathed deeply before closing her eyes. It was her fault in the end though. She had made her bed, now she had to lie in it.

 

The most she could hope for was that it didn’t end up being a coffin.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

~ Earlier~

 

 

“NYA DON’T!”

 

Calling out to her kitten as the little Neko ran at Ebon, the child silently narrowed her eyes before catching the Beastial in mid-air. Giving her a tentative squeeze as she shifted her eyes back over to Kari and Abby, the Dragon pup quietly growled once more.

“You’re making this difficult! Just come with me! We need to speak.” She snarled. Trembling on top of the younger witch’s hands, Abby felt powerless as she watched the raven-haired child holding the younger cat girl by her throat.

She… she had to do something! “E-E-Evel… Evelin- “. Screaming as a harsh bloom of fire shot into the air, Kari began to cry even harder as she saw the hateful eyes being sent her way. “Don’t you dare call her! This… This can be resolved, by just giving me Abby. And in return, I’ll give her my word.” Ebon whispered darkly.

Never breaking eye contact with Nya, Abby soon felt her fear rising further as she watched the toddler clawing at the Dragon girls’ hand around her throat. She couldn’t breathe… ‘N-Nya… why…’ She knew she couldn’t do anything to stop her… but she charged at the homicidal child again. It was just like last time!

Looking back at Ebon now as she saw the Dragon girl’s eyes upon her, Abby quietly gulped before clearing her throat. But, before she could get a word out edgewise, a small screech rang out causing her voice to abandon her.

Lifting Nya up into the air as she tightened her hold on her, the Dragon pup showed no emotion as she moved her free hand up to mouth, before raising a scally finger to her lips. “Don’t, call her…” Nodding quickly as she saw the pained expression on the cat girl’s face, the teenager stood up slowly before staring Ebon down.

“I-I-I won’t... But you have to let her go! SHE CAN'T BREATHE!” Glaring hatefully back at the smaller human, Ebon’s hand rose once again before she released her hold on Nya. Falling to the floor in a slump, the little kitten mewed weakly as tears streamed down her cheeks.

“There. Now, come with me, and I vow not to hurt you three. But if you call your pet! I swear I’ll make you suffer…” Ebon snarled. Trembling in fear as her eyes shifted between Kari and Nya, both of whom were in tears by the Dragon girl’s mere presence, Abby quietly nodded.

“I-I’ll go with you…” Breaking her tearful gaze away from her fallen friend and back down at Abby Kari soon burst into hysterics. “ABBY! SHE WANTS TO KILL YOU! C-CALL EVELINE! CALL CASEY! HEL-“. Squealing as a hand wrapped around her throat almost instantaneously, both Abby and Kari froze in fear, as they watched the black Dragon pup slowly tighten her grip around the younger witch’s neck.

“I warned you…” “E-Ebon! Stop! You promised not to hurt them! I’ll go with you! J-Just… just let her go, please…” Shifting her vertical pupils away from the hyperventilating Hominal she was clutching onto, and down to her shrunken passenger, Ebon lowered her free hand down wordlessly before extending her clawed digits.

Staring at the outstretched palm before her, Abby felt a critical decision play out. She could probably call Eve… She didn’t even need to say her name. If she really thought hard about her, she would just appear like she always did. But, would she make it in time to save Kari?

The scaly child had proven she was fast enough to do them harm if she really wanted to. So, that left her few options to take otherwise. Darting her eyes over to Nya, and then back to Kari, before shifting them to the waiting hand once more, the teenager somberly closed her eyes, before walking forward.

Screaming into Ebon’s hand as she clutched onto Abby frantically, Kari was soon left weeping as she watched her smaller friend prying her feet out of her fingers and stumbling into the Dragon girl’s palm in turn. Watching the human comply with her demands, Ebon said nothing as she waited for the smaller girl to get situated before she released the struggling witch from her grip.

Slumping to her knee’s as she began to cough, Kari looked up despairingly as she watched both Ebon and Abby looking back at one another. “P-P-Please…” Staring back at Kari sadly, the brunette quietly nodded before she was turned away from her as the younger Dragon pup began to walk away.

It would be okay…

Now that her friends were safe.

 

Ebon only wanted her life after all…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

~Present~

 

 

Ten minutes had gone by, and she wasn’t dead yet. This was progress!  Twiddling her thumbs as she sat deathly still, Abby tried to gauge her location out of where she had been before, but, even when she studied the paths the little Dragon had taken, she still didn’t have a clue where they were headed.

‘I’ve never been this far down before…’ She could recall Eve’s chambers somewhere deep as well, but with that said, the scaly child had kept going down once she reached the commons. It was hard to tell where was where once it started to get as dark as it was. No more phosphorescent fungi… and not a candle in sight. Yet, even so… it seemed Ebon knew exactly how to navigate the sightless corridors she found herself in.

Looking up at the younger girl’s eyes as she saw the faint red glow they immitted, Abby quietly nodded. It had to be a Dragon thing. She usually just chalked it up to something weird these Hominal could do in the end anyway. What was night vision compared to teleporting, telepathy or being able to remove your head from your neck…

Growing pale instantly as the Dragon's eyes flickered to her, however, Abby quickly looked away before fidgeting. ‘How did she know I was staring?!’ She didn’t want to give the child any more reasons to hate her, so keeping to herself was the best course of action.

But, she might have some leeway… Ebon had said something that was nagging her. ‘A vow, not to hurt me…’ It was weird how she said it. Perhaps it was just because of the different way she talked compared to the rest of the girls… or maybe, it held some meaning behind it to her.

Then again, she could be completely over thinking it and the child could simply kill her once she got whatever it was she wanted. ‘I’m doing a great job of staying positive…’ Sighing weakly as she tried not to dwell on her morbid thoughts any longer, Abby quietly shifted her knees around until she held onto them in a comforting way.

‘What do you want from me anyway's Ebon?’ She was going out of her way to abduct her this time. And she had a gut feeling it was due in part to Eve somehow. But, that still made her wonder. Just what did the Dragon girl want to talk to her about?

Looking back up at Ebon quietly as she watched her flickering reptilian eyes, Abby tiredly closed her own. She would just have to find out when the time came. One way or another, she was going to find something out, and whether good or bad, it was going to happen either way.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Stepping into a dark and sightless room, Ebon’s feet lightly clicked on the stones beneath her as she peered around. Opening her mouth briefly as she spat out a small plum of flames in what seemed like a random direction, a tuff of something caught the flames before they were shortly engulfed into a small fire. But, it seemed that was enough to light the room as it cast it into a dancing glow.

Wincing as the light hurt her eyes, Abby blinked repeatedly as she tried to adjust to the sudden lighting. ‘Where, am I?’ Paying no mind to the younger girl as she walked down a small set of stones leading into the roomy chamber, the teenager was more focused on its contents.

As far as she could tell, there was nothing man-made present. Well… as long as you didn’t count bones that is. Shuddering fearfully as she saw numerous skeletons of different animals, (and possibly humans) scattered about, the smaller girl nodded as it clicked into her mind just where Ebon had taken her.

“T-This is your domain… isn’t it?” Shifting her gaze down to the shrunken human, the little Dragon simply grunted as she moved towards the end of the open space… and thankfully away from all the remains of whatever was down there with them.

‘Huh… I would think a place like this would smell bad with all these dead animals…’ She was well accustomed to the scent of death. It wasn’t always humans her mentor had worked on. Occasionally a villager or traveler would bring him a pet to help cure or mend. And sadly. As great a man as he was, he wasn’t a specialist with animals.

Shaking her head as she began to lose her train of thought, the brunette gave the room another few sniffs before humming softly. ‘It smells… like charcoal.’ It had to be from whatever the Dragoness had been burning to light the place up. Perhaps that’s why there wasn’t a bad smell to the room.

Eeping as she was quickly rid of her thoughts as the hand beneath her gave out, Abby screeched before wincing as she landed on the ground uncomfortably. “Stay put Human… I’ll be back.” Looking up fearfully, Abby quickly nodded as she watched Ebon step over her before walking towards the back of the cavern, leaving her startled, and thoroughly confused by the Hominal's sudden departure.

'Jeez… Did she really need to drop me again?' It wasn’t nearly as bad as before but it still hurt! Rubbing her backside as she continued to look around, the shrunken girl tried to find anything else notable other than the large mound of bones formed in the side of the room. But, there was none to be seen, as far as she could tell.

‘Animal remains a makeshift bonfire and an empty cave. You really aren’t what I’d expect from a Dragon Ebon...’ From all the stories she had read or heard from various men she and her Master had worked on, Dragon’s were hoarders. They coveted all forms of treasure and made it a point to steal more by any means to satisfy their greed.

Yet… Shifting her eyes back and forth, Abby simply sighed. “I really know nothing about any of you girls', do I?” “For once, you say something truthful…” Screeching as she heard Ebon’s voice pipe up behind her, the smaller girl quickly twirled around in her spot as she saw the younger Hominal pacing towards her as she climbed down a small ledge.

‘Wait, didn’t she… but she was?!’ How did she go in one direction and come out another?! Ignoring the shock, the shrunken girl was displaying, the Dragoness simply walked forward once she landed on the ground before moving across from Abby with what looked like a small sack in hand.

Looking up at the towering child as she held her eyes shut firmly in what could only be described as severe discomfort, the smaller girl quietly gulped before going rigid as the black Dragon Pup plopped her rear onto the ground in one swift motion.

‘Doesn’t that hurt…?’ Keeping her eyes closed as she let out a growling sigh, Ebon opened her mouth partially before a wisp of smoke lightly floated away. “I don’t like you. And I don’t want you here. Your scent is infecting my chambers and the longer you’re here, the harder it will be for it to go away. Let’s finish this now, so I no longer need to bare it…” She whispered hatefully, her teeth lightly grinding once she finished her sentence.

Crawling back slowly as she looked up at the Dragoness fearfully, the brunette's jaw began to tremble as she tried to form words. It sounded like, she wanted to kill her again… “W-Why… Why did you bring me here…? Do you need, something…? How can I help-“

Wincing as a loud roar escaped the Dragon girl’s mouth as she glared at her, Ebon continued to growl as she bared her teeth at the teenager. “I NEED NOTHING FROM YOU INSECT! IF YOU WANT TO HELP US THEN JUST DIE!” Cowering in front of the toddler as she screamed at her savagely, Abby quietly gulped before looking away.

“If… you don’t need something… then… why? What do you want from me?” Clenching her fists as her claws dug into her palms, the little Dragoness moved what she had been holding over before dropping it in front of a very startled Abby, its contents jingling briefly as whatever it was landed before her.

“I can’t… I can’t kill you!” Ebon whispered bitterly, her face showing just how much animosity she held for the smaller girl. Flexing her claws briefly as she tried to resist the urges she felt, the younger girl looked away angrily before continuing.

“I want to make you pay… FOR CORRUPTING EVERYONE! But, your pet won’t let me!” She snarled. Looking up at the trembling child as she saw the state she was in, Abby quietly frowned. ‘I guess Eve really did do something to her…’ Would it be alright to ask…? Probably not… But, that rarely stopped her from asking stupid questions.

Parting her lips as she tried to find the courage to speak, Abby was interrupted before she even began as Ebon’s hand slammed down in front of her as it caused the large sack to jingle once more. “I want nothing more… then to see you disappear! But… I can’t… I can’t kill you… I can’t eat you… I can’t toss you out and bar ourselves in! Everyone’s against me… EVERYONES A TRAITOR TO NAJIA!” Ebon roared angrily.

Looking up at the Dragon’s face as she spoke, the brunette soon felt… something, as she saw what looked like a couple tears form in the corner of her eyes. ‘Is… she going to cry?’ She had never seen this much emotion from the younger girl. It almost felt, humanizing… almost.

Letting out a painful sigh through her teeth, Ebon’s eyes snapped back open before they fell on Abby once more, the emotion that had once been present now vanquished only to be replaced by her usual brand of disdain for her.

“So… It comes down to this… If I can’t kill you so that I can keep the rest of these unloyal ingrates safe! Then I’ll make sure you won’t talk instead!” Gulping as Ebon’s hand descended towards here, Abby crawled back a bit more before relaxing as she saw the scaly child’s hand land on the sack instead of her.

Grabbing the base of the sack and pulling it up, the jingling contents it contained were soon revealed to the shrunken teen causing her mind to all but go blank. ‘I-I-Is, that… gold…?’ Standing stiffly as she watched a small pile forming of what looked like a countless amount of small gold coins and nuggets, Abby’s breath left her as she tried to comprehend it. She had never seen real gold before…

‘Is this really, gold? There’s so much!’ This had to be a fortune even for a noble! How did Ebon have so much wealth?! Watching the brunette’s reaction carefully, Ebon huffed as she tossed the now empty sack aside before picking up one of the gold pieces she had brought out.

“Of all the metals I’ve ever seen, this is the one both our species covet the most. It delights my kind and fills us with life and energy, and it brings unbridled happiness to yours. We speak the same language… so let’s speak.” She growled. Tearing her eyes painfully away from the massive (to her) pile of riches the Hominal had suddenly produced, Abby quietly looked up at Ebon, as she tried to figure out what she meant.

Noticing the smaller girl’s attention was on her again, Ebon sighed broodingly before her reptilian eyes met with the teens. “I can’t stop you from getting changed back into a real human. Once that happens, I know what you’ll do… You may have everyone else fooled, but not me!” She snarled.

Furrowing her brow, Abby quietly scowled now as well. ‘What does she care if I get changed back?’ Would she hate her more if she did for some reason? Licking her suddenly parched lips, the brunette tried to speak but felt a knot in her stomach for some reason.

Seeing the smaller girl silent to her statements, Ebon nodded darkly. “You have everyone fooled but me. And I know Najia won’t be fooled either when she awakens! But… she might listen to the rest of these traitors… That’s why, I’ll do whatever I have to, to make sure we survive.” She whispered bitterly.

‘Traitors…’ Looking down now as she felt a sense of foreign guilt, the shrunken girl remained silent as she listened to the younger Dragoness. She could hear, pain in her words. And it was bringing back those feelings from before. ‘She really does care for her fellow Hominal after all…’ And that meant, through all her horrible actions, she just wanted to protect everyone.

Keeping her fists clenched as she tried to remain civil to the human in front of her, Ebon quietly snarled as more streams of wispy black smoke escaped past her clenched teeth. It was taking every ounce of restraint she had, not to just kill this human outright, and be rid of the problem they all faced instantly! She shouldn’t have to play these games with her!

Parting her teeth as another sigh escaped her lips, the black Dragoness closed eyes cracked open as she glared down at the smaller girl. “So… can we come to an agreement? I want your truthless word, and in return, you can have all this…” Moving her hand down to the pile of gold, the younger girl gently gave it a push as she nudged it closer to the startled human in front of her.

“M-My, word?” Looking up at the pile of gold the toddler was for some reason offering her, Abby grew confused. ‘She wants to give me gold, for, my word?’ Shaking her head quietly, the brunette looked back up at the child cluelessly.

“I don’t understand what you mean… What do you want from me?” Snarling, Ebon lifted up a few pieces of the gold before dropping them one at a time, the all to familiar chime echoing in the noiseless chamber as its sound carried it into the corridors far beyond.

“You know what I want, don’t play dumb! Once you get changed back into your real human body you’ll just go running off to wherever it is you came from before telling everyone what you’ve seen! I REFUSE TO ALLOW THAT! SO, TAKE THE METAL, AND NEVER SPEAK OF US AGAIN!”

Putting it together now, Abby’s eyes grew wide in disbelief as she finally figured out what the Dragoness really wanted. ‘I-It’s a bribe…’ She was trying to pay her off, so she didn’t tell others that they were hiding here. It finally made sense.

She was still trying to protect everyone, even though she thought they betrayed her. Touching her chest gently as she felt the knot in her stomach growing worse, the brunette closed her eyes as she breathed deeply. This, it was like some kind of fantasy. A mountain of gold and all she had to do in return was say nothing about any of these children or Najia to anyone. It was an offer no human she had ever met would possibly refuse… which made her next statement rather awkward to say.

“I… I can’t take your gold Ebon… I’m sorry.” Growing wide-eyed by the smaller girl’s proclamation, the little Dragoness snarled before reaching forward and grabbing another handful of the coins and nuggets. “Take it! TAKE ALL OF IT AND NEVER SPEAK OF US!” She roared again angrily.

Shaking her head silently, Abby looked away weakly as she heard the angry noises the larger child was making above her. “I can’t, accept your offer. As tempting as it is… it’s not right. I can’t take the gold Ebon, because I was never going to tell anyone about you girls in the first place.”

Dropping the coins, she had been gripping as her claws began to twitch, the younger girl let out an eerie snarl as her throat began to glow. “LIAAAAAAAAR!” Reeling back as fire spewed forward from the screaming toddler, Abby crawled backward in fear as she saw the berserker state the black Dragon pup was now in.

She looked like she was about ready to kill her! Well, again… Gripping onto her hand with her other one as she shook with anger, Ebon’s glowing red eyes pierced the smaller human with such hate the brunette had never experienced before. This was worse than any of the other times the younger girl had glared at her.

“YOU LIE! ALL HUMANS SPEAK OF US! THEY WANT TO USE US AND KILL US! I WON’T ALLOW IT! TAKE THE METAL!” Ebon screamed, her anger now finally reaching its peak after talking to the brunette for too long. Crawling back fearfully as she saw the hysterically state the larger Hominal was sent into by her refusal, Abby gulped before shaking her head again.

“I-I-I can’t! I was never going to say what I saw here! I’m telling you the truth!” Screaming herself as the ground in front of her split apart as the Dragoness stabbed it with her claws, gold flew away as Ebon lurched over the smaller girl.

“LAIR… LIAR… LIAR!!!!! YOU HUMANS ARE ALL THE SAME! YOU WOULD NEVER KEEP SILENT!” She was lying… She wanted to betray them still! How did her metals not work?! Humans always coveted it! She was just like them!

Shifting her head around sporadically as her teeth ground and clenched painfully tight, the volatile child stared at the scattered gold that now littered her cavern floors before screaming into the air, lashes of fire seeping out as they were carried by her breath.

“ENOUGH! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT HUMAN?! Is the metal not enough?! Do you have to have both it and our very existence extinguished! TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT!” Ebon screamed, her emotions now fully exposed to the smaller teen as she saw glimpses of the child through her rage-filled state.

She could see anguish, pain, unbridled rage… and none of it was specifically for her, but for her race. ‘To have so much anger for us… and you’re only a child.’ It made her sad. Shaking her head as she continued to watch the Dragon’s jerking movements, Abby lowered her head to the ground now.

She knew this whole fight between the two of them was never really about her… but to the extent to which Ebon would go, it seemed almost insane. Just what did humans do to her? Noticing the violent thrashes of the younger girl slowly ceasing as she began to pant, Abby’s eyes traveled upwards as they met again with the black dragon pups slitted red ones.

Keeping her mouth open as smoke steadily floated out of it, Ebon soon gave a gravely sigh as she stared down at the smaller human with disdain. “More… I’ll… I’ll give you more…” She whispered. Looking back at the younger girl in shock, Abby tried to speak up but the child was soon in the air as she flew up towards the tunnel she had come out of before.

Sitting on the ground wordlessly, the brunette was left speechless now. Even after her initial outburst, she still wanted to bribe her so she didn’t say anything. ‘All for the sake of everyone else…’ Clutching her chest as she felt her guilty thoughts returning, Abby soon closed her eyes before taking a deep breath. She had to remember Kari’s words.

This was no fault of her doing. And she’d have to make Ebon realize that whether she wanted to or not.

 

*Klink… Klink… Klink…*

 

Blinking as a sporadic jingling noise echoed out where Ebon had gone off to, the shrunken girl furrowed her brow for a moment before her eyes widened as she saw the shadow of Ebon returning. She recognized that noise after hearing it repeatedly for the past few minutes.

“Take… it… all… Take it all… TAKE WHATEVER YOU WANT, JUST LEAVE US ALONE!” Gawking in the ground as she looked up at the little Dragoness on her perch, all blood drained from Abby’s face as she saw what looked like a painful amount of gold clutched between her arms as she struggled to even stand. HOW WAS THERE SO MUCH OF IT?! THESE GIRLS WERE STRUGGLING TO SURVIVE!

Panting through her teeth as her every footfall trembled from the load she was carrying, Ebon made it to the ledge she had stood over prior before opening her arms wide, the gold coins, nuggets, and trinkets she had been struggling to carry all falling down as they clattered to the floor below before rolling and bouncing in front of the smaller girl.

“Heee…. Heee… heee… T-There… that’s, everything…” Ebon whispered weakly, as she kneeled on the ground trying to catch her breath. She had nothing left for the human. It all came down to this. Shivering on the ground as she looked at the new pile of loot that made the one brought out before seem like a measly insult, Abby was breathless once more.

This was a king’s ransom. Collecting all of this would have taken decades for any noble to do let alone centuries for anyone else. And yet, Ebon somehow wound up with all of it. This… it was her treasure. A Dragon’s treasure. She was offering it to her… The stories... they were true after all.

Licking her lips as she tried to break her eyes away from something she would no doubt never witness again, Abby closed her eyes as she tried to find her voice. ‘If Ebon’s offering me this… then that really means she cares about the others.’ There was no way to ignore it anymore. If this was real, then so were the other things she heard about Dragons. They wouldn't hand over their riches unless it was for something important. Something REALLY important.

“E-Ebon…” Raising her head weakly as she continued to catch her breath, the Dragoness grunted weakly as she saw the shrunken girl trying to speak. Would she accept it now? This was all she had left. All that she was able to give that is.

Feeling her lower jaw trembling as she kept her eyes clenched shut, the brunette breathed deeply as she tried to organize her thoughts. This was going to go one of two ways. And she didn’t particularly like the odds of it going the way she wanted in the end.

Touching her chest as she blew out her breath, the smaller girl opened her eyes as she tried to look up at the black Dragon pup with determination… and not absolute and complete fear for her wellbeing.

“Ebon… I, I Abby, give you my solemn vow, and my word… that I will never, ever! Betray you girls. I won’t speak a word of any of your kind to anyone. Each of your girls, I’ll keep your secrets and I’ll honor my promises. Your lives will remain unknown, and, and I promise, that I will never lie to you. Not to you Ebon, or to Eve, or to Casey, or Kari, or Ella and Emma or Brook or Nya or Poppy or Amy and Yu… Do you accept my word…?”

Feeling her voice leave her once she finished her pledge, Abby gulped repeatedly as she looked up at Ebon hopefully. Would she believe her words? She tried to make them sound as truthful as she could. After all, that’s what they were… but it all came down to what the little Hominal thought they were…

Kneeling on the ground with her face neutral and almost absent of emotion, Ebon’s reptilian eyes never wavered of moved away from the smaller human’s face as she studied her. It didn’t make much sense to her… but as far as she could tell, and from the time the teenager had started to speak till when she finished, she couldn’t detect any lies.

It was perplexing. She had lived long enough to know when one of her kind was lying when they spoke. And yet, she always managed to do just that. But, lie aside, she had an incentive now not to speak. She made sure of that.

Breaking her gaze away from Abby finally as she stared down at the forlorn pile of metals she had collected all throughout her life, Ebon quietly closed her eyes. It was done. “I accept. Now, take whatever you think you can hold and leave. I’ll give the rest to you once you return to normal human.” She whispered bitterly.

Sighing with the utmost relief, Abby continued to hold her chest as she saw the less hostility from the younger girl. She believed her! ‘Now, time to break to good… err, bad? News to her…’ Taking another deep breath, as she tried to pool the same courage from before, the teenager closed her eyes before speaking once more.

“That won’t be necessary Ebon… I promise not to tell anyone about any of you… but I’m still not going to accept any of your gold.” Opening her eyes wide in an instant, the Dragoness looked down at the smaller human in shock, but, she was still speaking.

“I know how much everyone means to you. You might be brash… or scary… or any other number of things. But you’re kind. I can see it! And you’re just like everyone else here, even if you hide it behind your temper. I… I made up my mind about a day ago. It was hard, really hard. But… I knew it was what I  wanted, and what I want to believe you all really needed to. I’m not going to tell anyone about you girls… because once I’m returned to my former height… I… I plan on staying here with you. All, of you!”

Gawking as she heard the brunette’s words, Ebon’s jaw trembled open as she listened to her in disbelief. This… what… was… this…? Shaking her head as a small smile formed, Abby quietly sighed as she felt her heartbeat rising beneath her dress.

“Najia is a kind woman. I’ve heard so many stories about her from each of you girls. So, once she recovers and wakes up, I plan on asking her if I can stay here. I can be a big help, I just know it! Its… it’s kind of scary, and I still don’t know if it’s the right thing to do… but, I’ve known all my life after what happened to me when I was younger, that I want to help others. And it doesn’t matter if you’re Hominal, Beastial, or Human. I want to help everyone. I'm pretty sure that's why I'm here after all. So… That’s why I can’t accept such a gracious offer Ebon. It wouldn’t be right to take your gold from you. It’s yours, not mine. But my promise is.”

Smiling softly as she said what she wanted, Abby silently opened her eyes to what she already expected. Twitching up on the ledge as her eyes beaded down at the smaller girl, Ebon was at a loss for words at what she had just heard.

'Stay... here...' She wanted, to stay with them! Flinching as the Hominal's claws slammed into the ground, the brunette quietly gulped as she watched the younger girl taking her statements... somewhat better then she thought she would. She didn't outright kill her after saying it. Then again...

Digging her nails deep into the rocks as she felt her anger bubbling over, the Dragoness soon parted her lips, as her jagged teeth began to chatter together.

 

"No."

 

Looking back at Ebon's only retort, Abby tried to give her one of her own before she had to suddenly cup her ears in pain, as a terrifying scream resonated out of the younger girl.

Roaring at the top of her lungs as she felt the sheer, and utter slight she had been given back to her offer, Ebon continued to scream as her tail thrashed wildly behind her. This... this was the final straw!

Continuing her scream till her lungs gave out, a feat that most Dragons could do for prolonged periods, Ebon soon began to pant as she stared back at the shivering human murderously.

"You... will never... BE WELCOMED HERE! YOU AREN'T ONE OF US!"

 

"Gaoooooooow!"

 

Blinking, both girls soon froze as a loud cry echoed out behind the black Dragon pup, though their expressions were vastly different upon hearing it. the brunette wore confusion, both for after what she had just heard, and what she had now heard. And as for Ebon...

Growing pale as her head turned behind her, the little Hominal uttered only a single word as she turned towards the foreign noise. "Ivy?"

Standing up abruptly, the larger girl ran off in a hurry much to the teenager's surprise. What just happened? She thought for sure the volatile child was going to come down to her and do something.

'Ivy?' She recognized the name, Eve had said it once to her. But, did that mean whoever that person was is here? Feeling as her silent question was answered for her as more loud cries echoed out past the chamber Ebon had gone down, the smaller human simply watched in both confusion and shock as she saw flames lighting up left and right... along with what sounded like a scream. though... it wasn't like the one before.

'Was that... Ebon?'

As the lights died down past the corridor beyond her, s strange pattering like noise grew louder. It almost sounded, like something was running her way! Stepping back as the noise grew louder and louder, another cry soon sounded out, causing the smaller girl to stiffen immediately.

 

"GAOOOOOOW!"

 

Looking up at the ledge Ebon had been perched on in surprise, the shrunken girl gasped as something suddenly leaped into the air, it's radiance both blinding her and captivating her by its shimmering white glow.

 

"GAOOOOOOW!"

 

Screaming as the creature crashed into the large pile of gold in front of her, Abby squatted down defensively as gold flew in every direction by the foreign Hominal. It was a Hominal, it had to be... right?

Leaning up from the pile it had landed in, a cooing like cry echoed out as the strange creature... no, strange girl rolled around in the gold, as she wore a smile of pure and utter delight on her features.

It was a child. She looked young. Much younger than any of the other girls in these caves. Younger then Nya even! She was just as naked as Ebon had been, however, and had it not been for her pure white, and radiant scales that covered her arms, legs, and the entirety of her back, she would have appeared completely bare to her. Though, she practically was. Where Ebon's scales had made some semblance of modesty for her, the new girl before her didn't seem to have that luxury as she was completely exposed to everyone. But it was probably harder to cover her, considering what else rested on her body. She had a long, pair of white wings that spanned larger than her back, along with two protruding ivory horns atop her head, and a long spiny white lizard tail at the base of her bottom. All and all, she was practically a counterpart, to Ebon herself.

But that answered the petrified teen's unanswered question, as to what this creature was. "Dragon... Y-You're a Dragon..." There was two of them. Two Dragon's, here... here in region... The odds alone for one were unheard of.

Continuing to roll around and make quiet noises as she seemingly played in the now spread out mound of gold, the little white, Dragon Pup was carelessly oblivious to her shrunken voyeur, as the teen was left watching her in a daze.

"B-Beautiful..." That was the only word she could think of to describe her. Her scales were glowing. Almost like moonlight. She had never seen anything like it before. Not in books, not from stories. And certainly not in person.

'What on earth... what type of a Dragon are you?' Paling as the toddler’s incessant noises died off, Abby immediately stiffened up before a shiver rolled down her spine. She hadn't said that allowed, had she?!

Eeping as the Hominal's head fell to the side, and both their eyes suddenly met, each was silent as they stared back at once another. 'W-Wow...' Her eyes were just as beautiful as her scales were... They were like droplets of cascading water... they even rippled like a pond.

Feeling her body move unintentionally, Abby soon got a hold of herself as she stopped walking forward. WHAT WAS SHE THINKING?! Even if she was mesmerized by the new child’s appearance, that didn't mean she wasn't still three inches tall!

Gulping as reality set back in for her, the brunette began to shiver before taking a step back again, though this time, that seemed to set off the much larger Hominal as her mouth opened back up, and a long row of pearly white sharp, and jagged teeth met her.

"Gaow... Gaowww... GAAAAOOOOOW!"

Screaming as the infantile Hominal was on her in less than a few seconds, Abby soon was on her back as she looked up helplessly at the face of the younger girl, her curious eyes probing her, along with her dripping tongue slowly beginning to creep out of her mouth...

Even if she was a Hominal... it didn't matter...

 

In the end, she was still food for her kind...

 

 

 

 

To be continued...

End Notes:

 

I hope you all liked it. To whoever is still reading it. :)

 

 

Communication. by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

:D

 

 

 

I'm back early!... ish?

 

I'm focusing all my efforts into writing so expect more frequent chapters from now on! Well, more frequent then 3 months, lets put it that way. I'm already begining my next chapter now to! so please be patient with me.

I felt, unbelivably relieved to see so many people still supporting what I'm trying to create with this story. Thank you all so much. It's hard sometimes to write, especially when its for something as long and hard as this. So thank you all. You really give me a certain energy to keep going. And just going back to read your thoughts and opinions can really strengthen my resolve.

I hope to see more from you and hope you want to keep seeing more from me!

 

So please, enjoy this chapter, and HAPPY NEW YEARS! I'LL SEE YOU ALL NEXT YEAR!

 

Captivating.

 

A single word, that could hold many diverse meanings. But they all applied right here and now. The creature poised above her, was purely and utterly, captivating. Though of course, with that intrigue, came the underlining fear of what she might do to her as well. To Abby, the outcomes she could think up were endless… But, with the way this new child was looking at her, one thing came to the forefront of her mind first. And she didn’t at all like her troublesome conclusion.

“P-Please… please don’t eat me…”

Gulping fearfully as she laid sprawled out on her back, a position she had been in on numerous occasions, the shrunken teenager stared up at the stunning white Dragon Pup with mixed feelings. It had only been seconds since she was knocked onto her back, but with the way they were staring back at one another, it felt much longer than that.

Following the creature’s eyes, as she shifted her head back and forth as she sniffed around her profusely, the diminutive human could do little more than hold her breath as she watched the dangling tongue that seemingly creeped out ever so slowly towards her.

Hopefully, she was wrong. This Dragon was an infant in many ways. While definitely not a baby, she didn’t sound like she could talk yet, meaning, she probably would follow her instincts more than her logic. And that didn’t bode well with the brunette if she concluded her just to be a source of Energy in the end.

While she wasn’t as afraid of being used as a power source by the many girls that she now accompanied anymore, the smaller girl still knew there were more ways than one for her *essence* to be extracted from her. Skin, blood… bone. She was basically a snack at this size. One that could bring the much larger toddler plenty of joy upon consuming.

Shuttering as the prospect of being eaten entered her mind again, Abby silently closed her eyes, before lifting a hand upward. ‘P-Please, don’t bite it! Please!’ Leaving her arm in the air as she waited for something to happen, the tiny teen almost shrieked as she felt her entire limb suddenly engulfed by what she could only assume was the child’s mouth.

Trying her hardest to crack open her eyes, Abby eventually managed to peek open one before she began to hyperventilate. Keeping her lips around the brunette’s shoulder as her mouth began to move back and forth, the little white Dragon Pup wore an almost confused look on her features as she gently began to suck on the smaller girl’s arm.

Did she like the flavor? Was she savoring her? Or, was she just… playing? She couldn’t gauge the much younger girls’ reaction with a face like that! Continuing to shudder on the ground, Abby slowly began to wiggle her fingers as she felt the toddler's tongue beginning to swish and swerve around her now drenched sleeve.

“H-H-Having, fun…? Friend… I-I’m, I’m a friend… See…?” Lightly grasping the spongy girl’s tongue as she tried to playfully show her that she meant her no harm, the smaller girl almost wheezed as she let out the breath she was holding in, upon seeing the pleased expression the infantile girl now wore.

 

“Graoo… aooow!”

 

Smiling back at the younger girl crookedly as she continued to wiggle and writhe her arm around as she let it move back and forth, Abby closed her eyes before breathing calmly now. ‘S-She’s playing…’ She was just curious after all.

Feeling as if a boulder had suddenly been lifted off her chest, the shrunken teen grinned now before holding onto the toddler’s tongue as she began to giggle happily. “Nice to meet you officially, Ivy. I haven’t really heard much about you, but I can tell your kind already. And a cutie!”

Biting her lower lip as she heard what sounded like a coo of happiness from her words, Abby yipped in surprise as she was lifted up slowly by her arm. “U-Uhh, I-Ivy?!” Watching as the child fell back on her bottom, the smaller girl was soon clutched in her petite scaly hands before she started to suck on her arm once more.

‘Great… I guess I’m now her pacifier…’ Though, she really had no room to be complaining. She wasn’t teething… Continuing to wiggle her hand around for the child’s enjoyment, Abby simply waited. Where had Ebon gone anyways?

She had heard a scuffle earlier, but… She found it hard to believe this little thing could have done anything to overpower the Black Dragon. While the older Hominal seemed like a fighter through and through, she got a much different impression from this one.

Hearing more giggles from the younger girl as she squeezed the Dragon girl’s tongue, Abby simply sighed before craning her neck to see behind her. ‘I guess I could call Eve now…’ It might be a little rude though considering she had decided to come here to make peace with Ebon. Though, she might have burned that bridge already.

Maybe Yu would be a better choice… She already had a feeling the Doppelganger was watching her now. Thinking it over for a little while, the shrunken girl eventually shook her head. As far as she could tell, she wasn’t in any immediate danger… yet.

If things turned sour once Ebon returned, she could call for help then. She still wanted to salvage this situation. In any way she could at this point. If she was going to stay here with these girls, the last thing she wanted was any of them to harbor resentment towards her, or worse. Animosity for each other.

Frowning now as she thought about Casey and Eve, Abby soon pouted. ‘I hope they’ll forgive me.’ She really felt bad after what she had done to them. But she had to remember, it was the right thing to do. Even if it made her depressed just thinking about it.

Thankfully though, she didn’t need to think about the two Hominal in question, as the remaining on in the back of her mind quietly emerged. Hearing a tired panting behind her, Abby tried to crane her neck to see better, but she couldn’t really see much other than the giant pair of white horns that obscured her view. Though, she didn’t need to be looking at Ebon, to know it was her once she spoke.

“IVY!”

Glancing up suddenly as she heard her name called, the little White Dragon Pup look around a few times before blinking as something crashed down in front of her. Puckering and pursing her lips as she continued to suck on the smaller girl’s arm, the little Dragon pup quietly tilted her head to the side as she looked up at the agitated face of Ebon.

Snarling angrily as her scales faintly glowed from the fire they had absorbed; the volatile child went from angry to pale in a matter of seconds upon seeing what was inside of her younger charges mouth.

 

“IVY! SPIT IT OUT, NOW!”

 

Looking up at Ebon fearfully, the shrunken teen gulped as she saw the panicked expression the larger Hominal was wearing. “THAT’S NOT FOOD! I SAID SPIT IT OUT!” Reaching her hand forward, Ebon all but froze as she heard an angry growl escape past the smaller Dragon’s pursed lips.

Watching the transaction between the two girls play out, Abby was left wondering what to do, but she could tell one thing was for certain. It appeared, that the homicidal black dragon, was actually… trying to help her for some reason.

Her twitching claws, the way she was fidgeting… Why would she care if Ivy ate her? Feeling like she needed to break the sudden tension, the brunette quietly gulped before raising her one good arm upward calmingly. “U-Uhh… This isn’t what it looks like Ebon. S-She’s not trying to eat me. I think she’s just kind of… playing? No… I guess… I don’t know actually. I just know she likes me for some reason. Don’t be angry with her, please? This is my fault… sort of.”

She frankly didn’t know what to say this was beside awkward. Hopefully, though, the younger girl didn’t take whatever was going on as a threat to her younger counterpart. She had seen firsthand how angry and defensive the older Hominal became when Ivy was brought up in conversation.

Gazing down at both Abby and Ivy with uncertainty, a look of utter confusion slowly began to form on her features. She was right. The younger girl hadn’t been chewing on the smaller human as she had first thought she was. And as reassuring as that was… it still made her weaver knowing that a certain Vampire might still hold her accountable should something happen to her pet human.

Kneeling down gently as she tried to separate the human from said Dragon, Ebon quietly began to growl as she saw the angry looks Ivy was giving her at her attempts to split her away from the smaller girl. “Ivy, let, her, GO! I said, drop her!”

Grinding her teeth together as the smaller pup began to growl back at her through her muffled mouth, Ebon eventually resorted to reaching for Abby before a loud cry stopped her in her tracks. “H-H-HEY, N-NO TEETH! D-DON’T BITE ME IVY! PLEASE!”

Feeling multiple sharp and jagged teeth puncturing her arm now, Abby began to whimper in discomfort. It looked like the child wasn’t about to give her up. And she didn’t want to know what she would do defend her new plaything!

Looking up at Ebon beggingly, Abby quickly shook her head. “P-Please, d-don’t do that again! I… I can feel her biting down now…” She whimpered out. She hadn’t been scared before… but now… it seemed like she might actually lose her arm if the older Hominal tried to take her away again!

Clenching her teeth together as she saw the angry look being directed her way, Ebon snarled threateningly before shifting her ire to Abby instead. “And just what do you say I do! She’ll eat you if I don’t stop her! She hates Human’s just as much as me!” the Dragon snarled.

Panting softly as she felt the teeth around her limb slowly retreating, the smaller girl sighed before shaking her head. “Well, she doesn’t hate me! She only started to bite down when you tried to take me away from her! I… I don’t mind staying like this. It’s making her happy for some reason. Just please, don’t try anything like that again!” She was beginning to trust the toddler now but she could tell that the little White Dragon would get very angry should Ebon try to snatch at her again. And if that happened, she might just eat her to spite the larger girl.

Clenching her claws together, Ebon shook her head back and forth. “I need you alive! Eve will do something if you get hurt!” “Then let me handle this so I don’t get hurt!” “Ivy hates humans!” “NO, YOU HATE HUMANS! She hasn’t done anything to me yet!”

Snarling in rage, the little black Dragon Pup suddenly went silent much to Abby’s surprise. The same look of confusion was on her face again. “W-What, what is it?” frowning as she looked between Ivy and Abby, Ebon silently shook her head.

“I don’t understand.” What she was saying was true after all. Even though the little Dragon was younger than her, she had been openly hostile to Human’s ever since what had happened to them. So why now did she let the tiny one close to her? A Dragons sense of smell was unrivaled. She had to know that the shrunken girl was a human… so why, wasn’t she trying to kill her?

Feeling as if she had been left out of something important, Abby continued to dangle in the air as she watched Ivy flexing her claws defensively up at Ebon. She kind of wished the younger Hominal hadn’t let her body go, this was beginning to hurt!

“Ivy…” Watching Ebon, both Human and Hominal looked up at her now as the black dragon lifted up one of the many gold pieces that were scattered about them. “Metal… your, metal. It’s mine now!” Yanking the gold coin away from Ivy’s reach, Ebon watched her closely as she saw the angry expression she wore.

“Graaaoooo!”

Wincing as her hand was lightly bit upon once more, Abby tried to remain silent. She really hoped the larger girl had some kind of a point to make with her random statement other than to simply provoke the unstable toddler!

Moving her hand back as she set the gold down in front of Ivy, Ebon scowled once more as she saw her calm down. “Ivy, food?” Panicking as she was pointed at by the larger girl, Abby began to sputter. “H-H-HEY, NOT FOOD! NOT FOOD! DON’T GIVE HER ANY IDEAS!”

Growling loudly to silence the stuttering human, Ebon watched Ivy’s reaction once more. This time, it was confusion. “Not food… Ivy, treasure?” Pointing to Abby once more, the older Hominal’s eyes widened to an absurd extent as Ivy started to growl before pulling the startled brunette closer to her chest.

Treasure…

She saw the smaller girl, as one of her treasures. Shifting her eyes downward as she tried to comprehend the strange new reaction from her younger counterpart, Ebon quietly murmured. The look on her face now was one of contemplation. It was something the teenager had never seen the little Dragon wear before.

Though honestly, she really never saw much but anger from her, to begin with. Feeling the teeth retreating again, Abby quietly sighed before gently petting the wiggling tongue above her once again. “So… I guess she thinks I’m hers now… heh, funny how that happened. U-Umm… She’ll let me go eventually… right? N-Not that I don’t mind her! I really like you, Ivy!” Abby stuttered out before being rewarded with a happy coo from the infantile Dragon.

Staring down at the ground as she ignored the ramblings coming from the smaller girl, Ebon’s eyes were fixated on the gold around her as she tried to comprehend it. To a Dragon, material possessions were their treasure. They didn’t value such things like food as their bounty, and they would even often share it with each other if one of their brethren were hungry.

Looking up slowly as her piercing red eyes locked onto the diminutive girl, Ebon had to really focus on her now. It didn’t add up. “Who… are you?” Blinking a few times as she was asked, what was probably the first real question Ebon had ever asked her before, Abby simply frowned.

“You already know my name… you just never say it. Well, except that one time. When I was with Kari and Nya earlier, you said my name. It was the first time. I’m just, Abby.” Continuing to watch the smaller girl as she listened to her answer, the Dragon’s eyes eventually left her before they moved onto her younger charge.

“Ivy, come.” Looking up at the older scaly child as she began to pat her lap, the little white Dragon pup made some kind of gargling noises before she started to crawl over to her. Wincing as she was dangled back and forth from the child’s lips, Abby soon felt the both of them come to a stop before a pair of hands were around her once again.

Craning her neck so she could see better, the shrunken teen silently gulped now as she saw the little white Dragon now resting in the larger black one’s lap as her scaly claws gently raked down her back. “U-Umm… Is, everything alright, Ebon?” She was acting, different all of a sudden.

Moving her hand down the length of the younger girl’s spine, Ebon soon raised her claws back up before resting them on the toddlers shimmering hair, before stroking down her back once again. It made little sense to her in the end. But… perhaps, in some sort of stroke of the inconceivable, she was mistaken.

Digging her claws into Ivy’s back as she felt the younger Dragon trembling from her touch, Ebon slowly began to close her eyes. “Ivy has never once allowed a Human to approach her without first threatening them. And had I listened to her instincts in the past, perhaps our fates could have changed. So, I’m left now wondering… should I listen to them now?”

Hearing the younger girls’ words but unable to see her face, Abby was left in a state of somber silence. She didn’t have the context to fit with what the child had just said, but it sounded like she was asking if she could trust her…

‘Is she saying, that she wants to believe me now?’ It was danced around, however, and not openly stated. But she got the feeling Ebon had much more to say. And she was more than willing to listen. This might very well be her only chance, to try and mend this broken bridge they were separated by.

“So… Are you saying, you believe me now?” Narrowing her eyes as she continued to pet the younger girl, Ebon blew out a tiny wisp of black smoke before speaking again. “I trust those around me as far as I can throw them…” “Well… It’s a good thing I’m so tiny and you’re so strong then, hehe… heh… Please don’t throw me…”

Frowning as her lighthearted response was taken with stony silence, Abby softly sighed. “I won’t ask you your reasons for not liking my kind. It’s not my place to. But I don’t want you to like us either. Just me.” Hearing a gravelly growl above her, Abby looked downward sadly.

“Why should I? I know enough about you already!” Ebon snarled before quickly stroking Ivy’s back as she felt her trembling beneath her. Wincing as she felt the tugging on her arm increase after the older Dragon’s outburst, Abby tried to calm the younger girl down once more as she continued to play with Ivy’s tongue.

“You know nothing but my name! how can you base your opinion of me off of just that?!” Hearing more angry growls follow her statement, Abby soon cringed as she saw the black dragon’s remaining clawed digits beginning to sink into the stones beside her.

“Do you even remember the first thing you said when you saw me? Or for that matter any of the others who sheltered you here? Tell me, do you know what you called me when we first met?” Ebon spat angrily, with no amount of effort to hide the venom in her tone.

Trying to crane her neck to see the younger girl, Abby quietly shook her head. It had been only a week, but so much had happened in that time frame that it was hard to keep track of anything really. Pondering the younger girl’s statement, the brunette slowly began to understand now. Ebon had a point after all…  She had called these girls' by a different name before she got to know them... and Ebon was no different.

“M-Monster… I called you a Monster… didn’t I?”

Digging her claws deeper into both Ivy and the earth, Ebon silently nodded. “You see our kind as lesser beings. Blights on *your* world. All the while unaware of our very existence or what life means to us!” She snarled. She didn’t need to know anything else other than that she was a human. All Humans were the same… or so she thought.

Looking down at Ivy questioningly, Ebon closed her eyes once more. What could the younger pup possibly see in this Human that she saw in none of the other ones they had encountered? They were all the same. They wanted to take things from others. They wanted to cage or kill anything around them. They went from area to area destroying whatever they wished. They were a disgusting species!

Dangling in the air once more as Ivy’s hands fell from beneath her, Abby simply hung there as she thought back to a week ago. She remembered most of it vividly… but, she had pushed away a lot of the bad things she had both said and done… even if she knew time couldn’t erase her words.

‘Kari… Casey…’ She had called them both monsters when they had first met, along with Ebon. Everything up until now… Was it possible for her to have avoided it all by just… by just trying to talk to them? Feeling her stomach drop as she grew disheartened by her sad realization; the teenager closed her eyes before shaking her head.

“I… I’m sorry Ebon. I’m so very, very sorry… But I’ve changed.” “Lies!” Wincing as she heard the sharp retort from the younger girl, the brunette wiggled around in the air a bit till she somehow turned herself around to look up at Ebon… even if it was only her legs.

“I’m not lying! I have changed! I-I’ve made a conscious effort to figure you girls out! I want to understand all of you! I’ve heard so much from each of you and learned about things I never would have imagined possible! I’m not the same person I was when we first met! I swear!”

Snarling under her breath by the shrunken girl’s bold proclamation, the black Dragoness could to little more than scowl. “Human’s, don’t change! Let alone in the span of days! They are just seconds in your pitiful life! You can fool others with your silver tongue, but you can't-fool me! I will never forgive your kind for what you’ve done to us!”

Shivering as she heard the anger in the child’s tone, the diminutive teen soon grew saddened. She could hear it now that the larger girl wasn’t yelling at her. There was pain. So much pain… “What on earth happened to you… to cause you to hate my kind so much?”

She didn’t understand it. She had heard everything under the sun her species had done to these girls. But in the end, they all chose to look past their bias and see her for who she really was, and not the race she belonged to. So why couldn’t Ebon do the same?

Hearing absolute silence to her provoking question, Abby soon grew timid. “I… I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have asked you something like that. I just can’t… understand. Please, help me!” Dangling in the air once more as she listened to the light crackling of the bonfire behind the three of them, the brunette looked to Ivy as she saw the little white Dragon pup seemingly napping now as Ebon’s hand rested on top of her head.

‘How could they both end up so, differently?’ Ebon hated her for the sake of her race… but Ivy seemingly trusted her for no other reason than because she did. Why was there no middle ground for her to work with? Was she just doomed to try and fight this ceaseless battle with the younger Hominal for the rest of her life? However, a soft, and guttural growl soon escaped past the little Hominal’s lips, drawing Abby’s attention back to the larger girl.

“Do you know of the three great Treasures we Dragon’s are born with?” Blinking in surprise as Ebon whispered something out, her voice almost too quiet to even be heard, Abby quickly looked back at the younger girl before shaking her head. “N-No, I… I don’t. What are they?” Did this mean, she was ready to talk with her…?

Sitting in silence for a moment as her hand came to a halt over Ivy’s upper back, the older black Dragoness looked down at the younger Hominal’s scales before she began to trace them with her claws. “For my kind, treasure is everything! It is something we covet and harbor a deep-seated lust for. You should be able to relate Human… But not all treasure is metal or stone. To us… We are born with three, and continue to collect for the remainder of our lives, until we finally parish away, protecting our bounty until the very end.”

Pondering the somewhat thought-provoking statement, Abby quietly hummed. “So, what three treasures are you born with, exactly?” Tapping a single claw over her younger counterparts hard hide, Ebon gently closed her eyes.

“An impenetrable shield, formed over the thousands of scales on our bodies. They give us a defense that’s rivaled by few. And it’s the reason my kind are so fierce in battle. Along with that, we've also been gifted a strong affinity with fire and can harness it within our cores, before releasing it at will. An ultimate form of engagement that both starts and ends whatever fight we enter. And lastly, the greatest gift of all… we were blessed to be unshackled to the ground, and free to take on any terrain as our own.” Ebon whispered before her wings slowly began to extend behind her.

“The gift of flight. So that our enemies be it by ground or sky would know they were never safe from our fury! These three things make up the greatest treasures we Dragon’s possess. And… thanks to your kind, I have lost one of those treasures I once held so dearly!” Ebon snarled before a hissing growl began to echo out of her mouth.

Listening intently as she heard the anger in her accusatory tone, Abby quietly hung her head as she thought about the younger girls’ statements. She knew her scales were hard. Her hands had practically been stone when she rode on them. And, her fire was most definitely still something to be feared. She had learned firsthand just how devastating it truly was after all. So that just left…

“Your wings… What did my kind do to them? And, how? You’re so strong! I don’t understand how any human could have done something to you that you didn’t let them do…” The thought of anyone besides Eve being able to do something to the younger girl seemed almost like a fantasy. She had seen the child lift boulders, crash through walls, and even melt stone! Compared to that, what could a human do to even hold a candle to her?

Flexing her leathery appendages back and forth as she stretched them out, Ebon remained silent as she stared at her right-wing intently. “And why should I tell you anything Human? Are you trying to find my weaknesses yourself? Do you think me ignorant!” Why would she tell her how she had been wounded! She would tell others and the process would spread like an infection!

Souring as her concern was twisted against her, the smaller brunette pouted in sadness. “Ebon, you know that’s not what I was doing… I just want to help you if I can.” Hearing what almost sounded like scoffing laughter, the smaller girl soon cringed as she heard the child’s crippling response to her worries.

“I don’t need the help of a Human! Let alone someone who is as sheltered as you! These other ingrates may have forgotten what it's like outside the protection of a god, but not me! Najia is a blessing, unlike anything you Humans will ever deserve! And because of that, you had to try and take her away from us out of spite! Our kind doesn’t ban together to survive like you humans do. We were doing it fine, to begin with! So just go back to that coddled life you live in, and slink further into the cesspool-ridden shack you call a domain! Safe from nature, from sickness, and from us! It’s where you belong after all… A pathetic species like you… I’ll only say this once more. You don’t belong here. You won’t survive here! A weak human like you, trying to brave our world? It’s an insult to what we have to live through every day! You’ll die within a week, if not by us then by others! So just retreat back to your pampered race, and leave us alone!”

Dangling in the air as the Dragon’s enraged statement hovered above her, a faint trail of tears fell down Abby’s cheeks as she listened to the description of what she thought her life was. ‘Comfy… safe…pampered?’ What a cruel misconception… and she didn’t even know better.

“If you think that my life, or what I live like is some type of a blessing from God or some sort of an abundant gift that keeps on giving, then you really are just a child like I thought you were when we first met!” Widening her eyes at the spiteful response she hadn’t been expecting, Ebon snarled angrily before leaning Ivy up in her arms so she could look directly at the smaller human.

However…

Growing stiff for some reason as her eyes met with Abby’s, the black Dragoness soon grew rigid as she saw the angry look being sent right back her way. What was this look? It wasn’t hatred or anger… it was something else entirely. And, she had never seen it before… let alone on a human such as this. Why was it affecting her? She was just a human!

Keeping her stern glare on the younger girl and her alone, Abby moved her free hand under her eyes before wiping away the faint remainder of tears from before. “You’re right Ebon… before we met, I did judge you even though I knew nothing about you. But you’re doing the same to me!” She barked, something that continued to surprise the younger girl.

Where was this confidence coming from? She was talking down to a Dragon! Even to a normal human, they cowered in fear from them! Baring her fangs back at the smaller teenager, Ebon snarled hatefully her way, but it seemed like it didn’t even phase her now. Keeping her eyes locked with the scaled child’s red ones, Abby simply shook her head.

“Listen here and listen well, Ebon! My name isn’t Human, it’s Abby! My life has been, HELL! When I was your age, I was left helpless, as I watched my family killed right in front of me by one of YOUR kind! So excuse me if I harbored some type of resentment for you, and for everyone else! I was left as an orphan and wandered around for weeks shunned by my own race because they were too afraid whatever attacked me would attack them if they took me in! Try explaining that to a child! But you know what? You’re right! I am blessed! Someone did take me in after almost a month of failing to survive on my own. My Master! You can think of him as my Najia! He’s the kindest man alive! He didn’t fear me or what seemingly followed along behind me and he even took me under his wing so that I could help people just like him! So, you know what? You hit the nail on the head with me! I do get to sleep every night in a filthy, cesspool-ridden shack, that’s not even the size of those tunnels we walked through earlier! But you know what you got wrong? It’s not safe! Nature gets in all the time, be it the hole in the wall next to my head or the water that drips onto me when I lay in bed at night! Oh! My bed? A blanket on top of wood that I can wash only when God is generous enough to let it rain!! My domain? A crawlspace underneath a one-person flight of stairs that I need to crouch to even fit into! How about my health? Sure, I have that! I take great pride in having to purge my body of anything I might contract when my Master and I operate on others! It’s very painful, I assure you! It’s kind of funny if you think about it. All the things you think my life is, are kind of like what you girls live now actually. Heck, maybe even like you personally! I just don’t know! But you know the difference between you and me Ebon? I’m at least trying to change for the better! I wasn’t just handed a wonderful life because I’m a human! In fact, something took what little my family had from me for seemingly no other reason than because I was just that! So, don’t lecture me that I wouldn’t survive in your world! I’VE BEEN MANAGING JUST FINE MY WHOLE LIFE, LET ALONE THE PAST WEEK I’VE BEEN STUCK HERE THE SIZE OF SOMEONE’S PINKIE FINGER!”

Panting as she felt the air abandon her lungs, Abby started to wheeze and cough as she tried to catch her breath. She didn’t mean for that to be such a long rant, but once it started, she just couldn’t stop! To think, that she thought that her life was some kind of a treasure where everything was perfect all the time… what a cruel thing to say…

She didn’t act like it, but she hated her life… No friends, no family… it was just her, and her Master. And once he was gone, she didn’t even know if she could muster the courage to continue down the path, he had tried to set her on. Not after what she had seen that week. That is… until now.

Smiling weakly as she felt tears enter her eyes again, Abby breathed deeply as her breath came out in shudders. “I wish you would stop comparing me to others Ebon… even if only for a little while. I’m not like the Human’s you think I am! I would never, EVER! Sell any of you girls out… because I love all of you so very much.” She whimpered.

Looking back at the emotionless Hominal as she stared at her with an almost void and lifeless expression now, the little brunette began to wipe her face down again and to hide it. Even if it was just Ebon, and she didn’t care in the slightest, it felt embarrassing to show such a response to her prior accusation.

“I-I… I love you girl’s so much! Kari is just so gentle, and loving… she’s such a kind girl and so is Nya to, if a bit rowdy at times. Casey, heh… she’s a pain in my ass… and I love her for it! Eve, she treats me like someone I want to actually be. And she loves me as much as Casey too. And that’s just the four of them!” Abby laughed now.

She loved everything about everyone she had met. “Brooks selflessness… Poppy’s carefree splendor… Emma and Ella’s playful shenanigans… Amy’s free spirit! Yu… Yu’s gentle soul. Every one of you girl’s, I see you! I see you for who you really are!” She cried out.

Shifting her head back and forth as her anger came back, Abby’s face turned stern as she looked back at Ebon now. “If you think, I would ever betray their trust, then you have no right to say you know anything about me! I don’t really fear death, at least not in the same sense as a lot of others… It’s something everyone has to live with. But I’d gladly meet him if it meant I had to choose between betraying your kind or saving myself!” It wasn’t just her pride saying that. It was her love for everyone else.

They had given her back what she had lost the day her family had died. Sniffling weakly as she felt her emotions being stripped down and laid out for the younger Hominal to see, Abby simply smiled up at her now, her anger had faded away as she thought about everyone there. “They’re… they’re my family now Ebon… and, I want you to be to…” Hanging in the air painlessly, her arm now numb after dangling from Ivy's mouth for so long, the smaller girl continued to stare up at the larger Dragoness, as she wondered. Did any of her words even reach her?

She was just, staring at her. There was no anger. No shock. No surprise, or hatred. No joy or sadness. Her face… It was simply, stoic, and stony. Like she was talking to an actual rock rather than a living breathing person. “E-Ebon? A-Are you alright? I’m sorry I yelled at you… I… I just wanted you to understand how I really feel!”

Staring back at the diminutive teen, as her mind wandered around seemingly at random, Ebon’s eyes were dull, as she thought back to a conversation she had not too long ago. It was like, she was talking to Eve all over again…

 

And, it seemed like her words might have held some amount of truth after all.

 

As far as she could determine… the smaller girl had not said a single word that she didn’t wholeheartedly mean.

 

And that alone troubled her more then anything else that had just occurred…

 

 

‘Was this, what you were trying to tell me?’

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

~Earlier~

 

 

 

She… she was gone. SHE WAS GONE! SHE HAD BEEN RIGHT WHERE HER FOOT HAD BEEN, WHERE WAS SHE! Roaring in anger as fire spewed past her lips, the Black Dragoness screamed before stomping on the ground, the rocks fracturing and cracking from her frantic rage. Kicking the bedrock as it spider-webbed and splintered, the child huffed in outrage. WHY WASN’T SHE HERE! SHE HAD BEEN RIGHT THERE! SHE COULDN’T HAVE RUN AWAY SO HOW! HOW! HOW?! HOW?! HOW?! HOW?! HOW!!!!!

 

“Ebony… I think it’s time you and I have a little, chat…”

 

Turning around in fury, all anger bled from the Black Dragon… as she felt a hand clench around her throat before she was slammed into the wall beside her. Coughing in pain, the child’s eyes widened before fear set in.

Tightening her hand around the younger girl’s neck as she choked her mercilessly, Eve’s bloody red eyes glowed as she glared back at her. This ceaseless hunt for her Amore… it had to stop. She was becoming a real problem for her… so in turn, she had to become a real problem for the scaly child as well.

Stepping forward, and keeping the Dragon’s head pinned to the wall as she walked, a feat that brought her great pride, and an underlining feeling of joy as she heard the pained grunts and cries from the suffocating toddler, Eveline brushed her bangs back with her free hand as she tried to reel back her sadistic pleasure.

‘Now, now… What would she think if she saw me now?’ Her Abby would surely frown upon her abusing the younger girl. Sighing, the little Vampiress paused her step before boring her eyes into Ebons. She had come to converse after all. And as much as she wanted to punish Ebon for her insolence, yet again! She had another way of doing it that would be much more effective.

“What am I going to do with you? Hmm? Have you nothing to say for what you just tried to do to my precious Abby?” Smirking as she tightened her grip around the struggling girl’s neck, her claws frantically digging into her dress as she shredded her sleeves, Eve soon relented before dropping the choking child to the rocky floor.

“I’ve warned you multiple times Ebony, and yet, you continue to disregard my warnings. Abby is someone very precious to me. And I cannot allow harm to come to her. I’ve been blessed to see what our future could entail, and it’s something I will pay anything to have!” She whispered.

Looking over her shoulder and down to the coughing child as she tried to catch her breath, Eve breathed deeply to calm her nerves. She was ready to kill the younger girl for her insolence… but, thinking back to her precious Amore continued to relax her.

“I believe Najia would be upset with me if I simply killed you… and frankly, I’m just now starting to reconcile with her again after so long. So, the prospect of her ire is less than pleasant. But I will bare it should you attempt to harm my precious Abby once more. Be it by word, by action, or by physical manipulation… I will hunt you down, and take my time correcting you once again. And nothing Najia, or my Abby say, will deter me. Understood?”

Hearing a loud growl in return to her threat, Eve simply sighed. She didn’t fear death. Dragon’s rarely did. Few creatures could claim that. It was frankly both a powerful prospect of their lineage and a troublesome thing to overcome. But at least she thought ahead. Something did scare Ebon after all. And she was ready to pull out all her cards to ensure her little lover’s safety, by any means necessary.

“If this warning is not enough, then you should pay heed to what I say next Ebon. It might change your mind after all.” Looking up at Eve in a weakened position, the little Dragoness wanted nothing more than to get up and fight with her now, but she simply had no energy to spare after pursuing those blasted Imps!

Waiting till she was sure she had the prone girl’s attention, Eveline continued. “After I take care of you, the threat to my Amore becomes nonexistent. But that won’t satisfy me. I want you to really FEEL the pain you've caused me by your unremitting obsession to hunt my precious Abby.” Eve growled, her eyes lighting up a vibrant shade of crimson.

Turning back around, the little Vampiress squatted down now so that her eyes would meet with Ebon’s. She wanted to make sure she understood what she said next. “I will only tell you this, one, last, time. Abby, is, MINE! She is my precious love, and she is now my greatest treasure too. If you take my treasure away from me Ebony, then I’ll take yours away from you…”

Looking back at Eve in surprise, the realization soon hit the black Dragon as she roared in rage before her head was slammed back into the wall instantaneously. “LEAVE HER OUT OF THIS!” Ignoring the rage that was rolling off of the younger girl in spades, Eve simply turned her head back and forth.

“Leave mine alone, and I leave yours alone. Take mine, and I take yours. An eye for an eye… Understood?” panting heatedly as her lower jaw trembled in anger, Ebon’s fiery eyes, slowly began to extinguish. This was going too far… even for her. “She… is just a human!”

Letting go of the Dragon’s face and standing back up, Eve shifted her glare away from the beaten child as she began to walk over towards her downed familiars. “She is no mire human Ebon. Anyone can see that! And if you weren’t so blinded by your past transgressions with them, then you could see it too. Her life has been one of pain and strife, yet, here she is now, in all her beautiful glory! She has more potential than any human ever could… and she’s more like us then you give her credit. I urge you, to try and give her a chance… she might just surprise you, as she did I.”

Smiling in amusement from her parting words, the little Vampire tucked both Emma and Ella under her arms before she soon began to shimmer as she faded into the air. As much as she would have enjoyed correcting Ebon further, there was a more pressing matter that needed to be resolved first. Her Abby was still missing, and after seeing the child’s outburst, it wasn’t by the toddler’s hand. She didn’t know where little brunette had gone, but she at least could tell she was safe. For now.

 

Now alone, as she laid against the stony, tunnel walls, tears seared the Dragon pup’s eyelids, as she was left seated to digest the impact of blonde Hominal’s grave warning. Clutching her chest in pain as she thought about her treasure being stolen away, Ebon took in a deep breath, before the loudest roar she could muster, echoed out and down the winding tunnels.

 

She would never let her treasure be taken from her… not again!

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“Ebon?”

“E-Ebon!”

 

“EBON!”

 

Blinking her reptilian eyes a few times as her pupils narrowed back to fine slits, the black Dragoness looked down now as she stared back at Abby’s concerned face. “H-Hey is everything alright?! You looked like you were about to go unconscious or something! D-Do you want me to take a look? I… I know you don’t like me, but I’m still a Doctor! Please, tell me, are you feeling alright?”

Keeping her eyes locked onto the smaller human’s, the larger girl made no response vocally, but her hand soon rose up beneath the smaller girl much to her surprise. Feeling her body finally touching something other than air, Abby winced as she felt the prickly pin like sensations of blood beginning to circulate back into her abused limb.

‘How long does she plan to keep sucking on my arm?!’ She expected Ivy to let her go when she fell asleep but it was almost like her jaw had locked in place or something! Smiling briefly as the larger child's hand rested beneath her now, the shrunken teen looked back up to Ebon before she nodded.

“T-Thanks… I couldn’t feel anything above my waist…” She laughed dryly. Frowning, however, as she continued to stare up at the younger girl's emotionless expression, Abby quietly sighed. “Look… I know we’re never going to see eye to eye. But, can we at least find some middle ground between the two of us Ebon? I know that Eve said something to you about me, but she didn’t tell me what. It’s why you’re acting the way you are now, isn’t it? But still… I don’t want to have it be like this for the rest of our lives! Just tell me what you want me to do, to prove to you that I’m not like the other humans you’ve met? If I can do it, I will. I swear! At least… as long as it doesn’t hurt anybody else…”

Staring back into one another’s eyes for a while, Abby soon felt her heart skip a beat, as the larger Dragoness finally blinked, before her eyes closed completely, as she sat there in silence. “Ebon…” Jumping in surprise as the larger girl’s wings slowly began to extend, Abby was soon in a state of shock as she saw the inside of the Dragon pup’s appendage.

She had never seen her this close before, not willingly at least. And with a view like this, it was impossible to miss it. “Oh, Ebon…” Shaking her head back and forth as she stared at the child’s leathery right wing, a feeling of pity entered the teenager’s stomach.

Along the spine of it, and right before it reached the webbing, a large gash was scarred into it, as it tore what looked like a hole across the upper middle column. This is terrible! How on earth did something like that happen?! She didn’t know anything about the biology of a Dragon, but if it was anything like that of a bird, then…

“This is what you were talking about earlier, wasn’t it? You… can’t fly with that wound, can you?”

 

Breathing deeply as a small wisp of smoke left the child’s nostrils, Ebon eventually opened her eyes, though this time, the anger that had been ever-present, was seemingly absent. Flexing her one wing up and down as she stretched it out, the Hominal soon tucked her leathery pinion behind her before she stared back down at Abby.

 

“I don’t understand you…”

 

Blinking in surprise from the almost gentle tone the younger girl was talking to her in now, Abby nodded back up at her. “I... I don’t understand you either. So, instead of fighting, can we try to understand each other instead?” Feeling her heart beginning to race as she saw the younger girl give the tiniest of nods, the brunette soon broke into a giant grin. PROGRESS!

“To do this, I’ll need to learn more about you. I… I know you probably don’t want to tell me anything, but please… I need to know more if I’m to understand you. I’ve talked like this, one on one, with everyone. And after I did, they’ve become my good friends because of it. I want to be your friend to Ebon, and possibly more one day even. So please, ask me whatever you’d like to. I won't hide, anything from you.”

Staring back at one another once again, Ebon’s eyes shifted over to Ivy briefly as she watched her sleeping counterpart slumbering contently. This wasn’t supposed to happen. She was supposed to bribe the human so that she never spoke of them to anyone ever again.

 

But now…

 

Blowing out a plume of smoke into the air, the black Dragoness looked upward before closing her eyes.

 

‘Forgive me Najia…’

 

 

 

“...”

 

 

 

To be continued.

 

End Notes:

 

Thank you all so much, for showing me how happy you are with my work. I'll see you later~ ;)

Black and White. by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

Hey, hey! I'm back again! Sorry it took so long this time. I had a lot of stuff I wanted to cram into this chapter, but after careful consideration, and a reminder of what happened the last time i tried doing that to long with a certain little blonde Vampire, I shortened the length... moderately.

Either way, We've arrived to Ebon's chapter. I know a lot of you were wondering just what made the little Dragoness tick. Well, here it is!

I hope you all enjoy. and tell me what you think!

It’s been so long, but I remember everything so vividly. From the day I awoke, until the time I met Najia. Everything is fresh within my mind. All my burdens… battles… precious things. They never leave my mind. And, that’s probably how I got to the point we're at now. Along with why I don’t trust you… But you’ve earned… something. So, let me see just how trustworthy you claim to be after I tell you what happened to me, and, how I came to be here now with Ivy…

I don’t know where I came from, only that I was hatched in some kind of swamp in the highlands. Though I’ll never be able to find it again, the place, I once called my home…

 

~ Forestry Marshlands, unknown. ~

 

It was dark but vibrant with sounds. Clicking… Chirping… Rattling… so many noises. What were they? Had to find out… had to know, what they all were, and to what they belonged to…

Reaching her hand forward, a barrier barred the blind creature as it pushed against the invisible wall. What was trapping it? It was hard, yet malleable. It had to be broken! The noises, they were getting louder.

Scrapping tiny yet jagged claws into the surface, the soft wall started to press forward, before the creature’s hand broke free, and the light finally shined in. Light? It was so… bright… to bright. What, intriguing… What else was outside of the barrier?

Thrusting another matching black and scaly hand forward, the barring surface finally gave way before shattering apart and releasing it’s held captive from within. Wincing her eyes, a small child who looked older than an infant, yet younger then toddler blinked a pair of crimson, glowing eyes, as she now adjusted herself to her new environment.

 

“G… geh… GAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”

 

Releasing a loud cry into the air, one that seemingly radiated authority and power, the child soon fell forward before panting softly, her eyes slowly adjusting to their new perspective. Wiggling her fingers gently, as her movement came as a new revelation to her, the infantile girl blinked her inner eyelids sideways before looking down at her hands…

They were black, and surrounded by scales. And at the ends of her fingertips, were sharp, white spikes. Lifting her clawed digits upward, the child gently tapped them together curiously before looking around, a sense of foreign wonder inhabiting her as she tried to comprehend anything and everything her vision presented to her.

Giant stocks of wood… large rock piles… bubbling… water? Tilting her head around in interest, the child crawled forward before fumbling to the ground in surprise. Snarling briefly, the raven-haired girl kicked away some type of white coating that was clinging to her legs as she looked at what remained of what had held her captive.

‘Egg.’ Lifting her head up as something came into her mind, something she had never seen before, the child looked back at the object before tilting her head back and forth. It seemed like, whenever she looked at something, it came to her what it was. But that didn’t tell her who she was or what she was doing here.

Feeling something brush against her, the child quickly turned around, before feeling it again. Making a few quick turns, she soon paused before tilting her flexible head behind her shoulder. ‘Tail.’ It was just her tail…

Wiggling it for a moment, the child soon began to giggle before reaching for it before walking in a few small circles. It looked like it wanted to play! Play? Tilting her head again as a word came to her mind she had never heard of, the child quickly looked around as her eyes inner lids blinked a few times, almost as if to zero in on something.

However, that is exactly what they did, as the glistening child, still coated in whatever remained from within her egg, saw something scurrying around on the ground. It had scales… and claws… It was like her!

Grinning widely, the child quickly dropped on all fours before attempting to run towards it… before falling flat on her face. Growling again, the draconic creature tried to move her legs, but they didn’t respond as quickly as her arms had for some reason.

It took quite a while, but eventually, she figured it out. It seemed the process of walking was foreign as well, even if she knew what it was, to begin with. Taking a few rigid steps forward until she was sure she wouldn’t stumble once more, the reptilian girl nodded happily before she began looking around again.

Where had her prey gone? ‘Prey…’ Feeling something come over her, almost like a pulse of excitement, the child shivered briefly before she began looking with new vigor. She liked that word. She craved it really.

Watching the rocks around her closely, it wasn’t long at all until a new creature appeared. It had been like the last with scales and caws, though this one was smaller. But that didn’t deter the child as she quickly took off.

Running on all fours once more, this time without the tripping she had been experiencing up until now, the infantile girl growled happily as she jumped forward in the air before crashing into the startled creature before she rolled down the cliff, clinging to it with glee.

Leaning up once she came to a stop, the child quickly leaned up before looking at her prize. Thrashing around in her hands, the small scaly creature looked at her with eyes like her own as they studied one another.

But, only one of them saw the other as something else then what they were. ‘Prey…’ It was called prey. And even if she had just played with it… she knew what she had to do now with it too. Following her instincts, the child’s lower jaw began to open, as two rows of sharp and radiant teeth met the small lizard she had caught.

 

Prey was prey… and it was now hers.

 

It was thrilling… and she wanted to learn more…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

Not long after I was born, I learned what it meant to live. I don’t know of my broad or to whom I was conceived, but that meant little since I never knew any better to begin with. I spent most of my days running around my new home, as I hunted daily for food… and for fun. It was exhilarating! The feeling is indescribable. It’s much like the one I get now, but, when it’s newer, and you're inexperienced with it, the stakes were far greater.

Some days I learned that I couldn’t just outrun my food. I had to outthink it! Luring it… corning it… dominating it’s every action! These are things I picked up as time went on… and it furthered my understandings of what it truly meant, to be a Dragon.

And it also taught me a valuable lesson, in dominance. The strong fight for what they want and the weak either give it to them or fall victim to the strong. This is what it means to be the hunter, or the hunted…

 

 

Sitting perched on top of an old tree, the small Dragon girl blinked repeatedly as she studied what was in front of her. Was it prey? Was it something to be played with? She didn’t know. But she got the feeling it didn’t like her… Not that she cared either way.

Hissing loudly up at her, a larger creature twice her size stood up on its hind legs as it bared its hooked fangs her way. It was completely coated in scales like her forearms and hide, but it looked more akin to the lizards and snakes she had been hunting until now rather than herself. What bizarre manner of being was this?

As curious as she was though, that meant little. It was challenging her dominance. Digging her claws into the tree branch she sat atop, the little Dragon bared her teeth before a guttural growl began to emanate.

 

“GAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!”

 

Watching the creature recoil from her vocal threat, the child knew what to do. Leaping off the tree and landing in front of the strange lizard creature, the black scaled girl took in a deep breath, before her lungs began to heat up.

‘Fire…’ It was something that kept her warm at all times, and now it would warm up this thing as well, and possibly make it tasty to eat too. Breathing outward as a plume of orange flames spewed forth from her jaws, the child blew her fire onto the strange creature as she heard it hissing angrily from her assault.

Blowing out smoke after her breath gave way, the younger girl snarled once more as she looked down at the convulsing creature now littered with burns and scorches. It challenged her, and it lost. She knew not why it did it, but now it saved her the trouble of having to hunt for a couple of days. Not that she minded.

 

Regardless… it was time to eat…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

As time went on, the place I now called my home quickly became my domain. Anything that entered it I swiftly fought with, until only I reigned over it. It wasn’t long until the surrounding creatures, all Beastial to the best of my knowledge quickly learned not to challenge me anymore.

Be it one on one, or an ambush, I never relented! I was the queen of my mountain, and all beneath me either left me alone or fed me. But, at some point, food began to become scarcer and scarcer… It could have been due to my need for the hunt… or simply the changing of seasons.

Regardless, I needed to expand my domain, and claim what was my birthright! So, I moved on and started taking more and more of my land. I fought with lizard beings, Naga, even, a giant fish being! And I always came out on top! But, on one of my explorations, something happened…

I remember it like it was yesterday…

 

I found something, that changed my life…

 

 

Flapping her wings freely as she soured in the sky high above the tree line, the little raven-haired Dragon, now about the age of what one would consider a small child, peered over her lands as she hunted for her next meal.

This area was new. It had been farther south of her original nesting grounds, and it had been ripe for the taking! All the food had dried up around the base of her mountain, or more moved on to other ones. She didn’t mind though. It just meant she had to keep an eye on the lesser beings around her if she ever got too hungry.

Sometimes they shared their bounty with her as an act of respect. But other times, they would try and horde it for themselves… This didn’t bode well with her. Such as now…

 

Sniff… sniff, sniff… 'Food…’

 

Something smelled wonderful! Bearing her fangs before swooping towards the ground, the child quickly fell upon a small cave that was surrounded by lizard creatures. They were very common in this region, and many knew of her well. Such as these ones…

As the Dragon landed soundlessly amongst the group of Beastials, many hissed loudly before backing away from her due to fear. Raising her head up and looking around, the child continued to sniff as her eyes locked onto a large white rock that one of the creatures had been carrying.

That was it! It smelled delicious! She wanted it! Bearing her fangs at the Beastial in question that held HER food, the creature hissed in agitation as the other lizards ran away fearfully. Opening her mouth as she began to summon up her flames, a process she frequently used to intimidate the lesser beings around her, the little Dragon soon closed it as she saw the Beastial lower its body to the ground before setting the strange rock down and backing away.

Blowing out the smoke from her previous action, the raven-haired girl jerked her head as she signaled for the Beastial to leave, much to its relief. She had her prize, so letting her future prey go was of no concern.

Approaching the strange object as she studied it closely, the child tilted her head to the side. Now that she was closer to it, something confused her about it. It smelled amazing… but not in the same way food did. It was almost like, she was just drawn to it for some reason.

Kneeling over it and resting her claws against its surface, the little Dragon gently rapped on the stone as she felt it over. It made a weird noise. Was it, hollow? Did that mean something inside of it was what she really wanted?

Flexing her sharp digits, the child quickly roared before stabbing her claws forward… before hissing in pain. IT WAS HARD! IT WAS TO HARD! Feeling her hand twitching in discomfort, the little Dragoness snarled angrily before moving her teeth over the top of it.

Biting down gently as she tried to crack the strange oval like object, the younger girl soon pouted as her teeth made no impact on it at all. This had never happened before. She could pry open rocks and bite through just about anything she wanted.

No wonder the Lizards were carrying it. If she couldn’t open up its contents then neither could they. Pulling her mouth off of the rock, the Dragoness scowled as she began moving the stone around in her hands. It was about half her size, but very warm and pleasant to hold.

‘Treasure?’ Wondering if this thing qualified or not as one of the strange objects she had encountered on her journeys, the little Dragon eventually nodded. Even if she couldn’t get whatever it was inside of the rock outside of it, that didn’t mean it wasn’t still of value to her. It was now hers.

Pulling it closer to her bare chest, the child rested her chin on top of it before hugging the rock closer and inhaling its scent. She could sleep with it peacefully at night. It filled her with even more warmth then her fire did for some strange reason. This thing would probably be an even greater treasure to her in the end than anything else she had found up until now.

So, it was settled. She needed to bring it back to her domain. However, that proved rather problematic…

 

It was heavy… very, heavy…

 

It would be a long walk back at this rate…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

I didn’t know it at the time, but this discovery was the single greatest moment of my life. Because without it, I would have never encountered her…

But it was hard to understand what I had found in the first place. Unlike the other things that came to me almost naturally…

 

The egg of another Dragon brood did not…

 

 

Laying curled up on the ground of her cave, the little raven-haired Dragon pup slept soundly as she clung to the warmth of her newest treasure. It had been a couple weeks since she had discovered it, but those weeks were some of the most pleasurable she had ever experienced.

She didn’t even want to go out hunting unless it was to feed herself… and even then, that bored her. It was like this thing consumed her every action… her every second of the day. It was just so… alluring. Nuzzling the white rock closer as her cheek pressed against it, the Dragoness lulled in and out of her slumber periodically, until a strange sound eventually roused her.

 

‘Crick… crick-crick…’

 

It sounded like something, cracking… A tree branch maybe? Lifting her head up as her reptilian eyes blinked a few times, the child scowled as she wondered what was foolish enough to try and approach her mountain. Nothing ever survived, and the creatures here knew to stay away from her for that reason.

Perhaps it would go away… she didn’t really feel like going out of her way to stop whatever it was. Not when she had her precious treasure to hold…

 

 

“G-Gao…?”

 

Growing rigid as a muffled noise emanated right next to her, the black Dragoness was on her feet in an instant and on full alert, as she heard a soft noise echo out beside her. Something got that close to her while she slept?!

However…

 

Pausing as she looked around, the child soon grew confused as she continued to hear more and more cracking sounds. She was alone though… so what was it? Reaching for her treasure instinctively, the younger girl soon froze as her claws that were resting on the top of it, suddenly fell through it…

Looking down in shock as her hand completely entered the glowing white stone, it soon became apparent to the little Dragon just what that strange sound had been. Yanking her hand back frantically, the child backed away in confusion as she saw cracks spreading through the entirety of her stone.

What was it doing?! What was going on with her treasure! Ducking almost instinctively as fragments of the rock shot out and exploded, the little Dragon pup snarled in anger before her eyes widened. The rock had finally been cracked… but, it was no rock…

Blinking in surprise as she stared at what had been inside of it, the child’s lower jaw began to tremble before she bared her teeth. Sitting inside the bottom of what was left of her now destroyed treasure, was a little girl.

She was as pale as snow, and somehow even her hair and white scales that littered her body were even brighter than that. It was… not, a lizard or a snake thing. She didn’t know what it was. “G-Gao…? Gao!” Hearing a tiny barking chirp from the infantile creature, the raven-haired Dragoness stalked forward as she continued to growl at her.

 

“GAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

 

Lifting its petite head up as she heard the fierce cry beside her, the younger girl turned her head to the side before what remained of her shell slid off her face, revealing her features to the older girl. “Gao…?” As their eyes met, the older of the two soon began to calm, before her menacing growls all but faded away as they looked into one another's eyes.

“Gaooo…” Grunting softly as she looked at her would be intruder… or more, whatever it had been she had brought into her own domain, the Dragoness continued to stare at the child, as her red eyes were caught by the infant’s azure ones. Her appearance… her scales… the way she cooed back at her… She was no Lizard or snake… She was like her.

‘Dragon…’ It was another of her kind… though, very different in appearance. Turning her head to the older child, the little white Dragon pup continued to stare at her before a wide smile spread across her face as she brandished her sharp pearly teeth back at her.

“Gao! Gao!”

 

Feeling drawn by the child’s call, the raven-haired Dragoness cautiously approached before sitting down over her. Reaching one of her claws forward, the older of the two began brushing off fragments of the little pups shell as she cleaned her off.

She didn’t quite understand it… but that same thing she had been drawn to before with her egg was still present. Her scent was intoxicating…

 

Though the nature of what she had been had vastly changed…

 

In the end, she was still her Treasure.

 

And the value of it only grew upon her birth.

 

For now, she was no longer alone.

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

The nature of Ivy’s existence was one of bizarre for me. I had never seen nor knew of any others of my kind. So, discovering her had been… strange. But, just one look at her, and I knew she was mine. I wanted nothing more, then to take care of her. It felt like I NEEDED to. This compulsion, it wasn’t fightable either. But I didn’t mind.

With her there, I soon felt like something had been filled that I hadn’t even realized was missing. She was my companion. And as the seasons passed us by, I slowly began to accept her as if she were one of my own brood. Though we’re not related… I still see her as what other species call, family?

Regardless… it was a challenge teaching her things. Where stuff came to me almost naturally… they avoided her like a plague…

 

“GAOOOOOOO!”

 

“Gao!”

 

“GAO, GAOOOOOOOO!”

 

“Ga… Ga?”

 

 

Huffing in annoyance as she rested on all fours, the older of the two Dragon’s arched her back as she raised her mouth to the sky. “GAOOOOOOOOOOO!” This was an intimidation tactic. It was how you showed your dominance! And now, it was her turn!

Looking back at the little white Dragon pup again, the older girl soon growled as she saw her sitting on her bottom curiously watching the birds that flew above them. “Gao!” Pacing behind her diminutive treasure, the raven-haired girl gently bit down on the back of the infant’s neck before lifting her up.

Walking away a few feet and setting her down behind one of the many large boulders that surrounded them, the older girl forced the infant on her belly before letting her go. “Gao, Gaoooo!” Mimicking her position and crawling back on all fours, the larger Dragoness snarled before raising her jaws to the sky before releasing a powerful roar!

 

“GAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

 

Letting fire sneak past her lips as her teeth ground against each other, the child soon nodded before looking back down at her younger counterpart, before her former scowl resurfaced. Looking at the ground as her tiny clawed digits batted at a small trail of ants passing through, the porcelain haired pup giggled playfully causing the raven-haired girl to blow out a puff of smoke before shaking her head.

How was she to show dominance over others like that! Picking the infant up and taking her to yet another location, hopefully, one where she wouldn’t get distracted, the older Dragon continued on with her training. She didn’t know how long it had been… but the little one would eventually learn what it meant to be a Dragon…

 

"Gao! Gao!"

 

P-Probably…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Time passed by quickly when I was with Ivy, and it didn’t take long for us to begin interacting with each other almost as if we had been hatched and raised with one another all along. When it came to hunting, I would always take the lead, with her following behind me.

But she never could seem to finish off her prey as I could. Even her flames seemed harder to harness. Every once and awhile she could bring them up, but other times it would simply extinguish in her throat before anything happened. I often wondered… as I still do to this day, if there might be something wrong with her…

But, I didn’t care then, nor do I now. Where she lacked certain abilities, others grew in their place. She often had a keen nose, one I wanted myself. She would react to things much quicker than I ever could. Whenever I went out hunting and came back to our domain, she would be sitting down right at the entrance of our cave jumping up and down happily upon seeing me.

It… it was cute.

But her instincts have never been wrong. Never…

 

Which is what led us to our, painful experience, with your kind…

 

 

Standing over the corpse of a dead dear, the older Dragoness bit down gently on the mammal’s tender flesh before tearing off a chunk to eat. This section of land was new. It had much more mature food to hunt. Licking her lips as the taste of fresh meat greeted her senses, the black Dragon pup looked behind her as she saw Ivy hesitantly sniffing the unmoving doe.

“Gao!” Puffing out her cheeks a bit, the porcelain Dragon waddled over to the animal as she simply continued to smell it. They hadn’t eaten since yesterday. She should have been ravenous like herself. Shaking her head in annoyance, the older of the two went back to her meal as she tried to gather as much energy as her body could hold.

Food this lively was hard to find in their domain anymore. Each hunt had to be farther and farther away. They would no doubt need to move their region come the cold time. It was fast approaching, and other creatures were already leaving.

“Gao! Gaooo!” Pulling her teeth back as she clung to a particularly tough hunch of muscles, the older Dragon looked back at her charge before her eyes shot open instantly. Arching her back and squatting in a defensive position, one which her small counterpart had already been mimicking, both Dragons began to snarl as they saw a group of… something, standing not too far off from them.

Darting her red eyes back and forth as she studied to bizarre beings, the older pup began summoning her fire to her throat as it burned away the last of the meat that had remained in her mouth. She had never seen this species before. It was no lizard, no snake, nor water-dweller.

It stood on its hind legs and had no notable traits beyond a tuff of fur atop its head. Though one thing was for certain… They smelled delicious. Licking her lips, the older of the two Dragons gazed back at the lead creature apparently leading the group as she saw it lifting its hands in the air.

 

“kjshdfbkshduf! Odifjjsldkjflsdij!”

 

It spoke… but, it didn’t sound like any noise she had ever heard a creature make before. The tones it used were high and low. Was it a threatening call? Tilting her head to the side, the younger girl eventually opened her mouth before blowing a plume of fire to the sky.

 

“GAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

 

Panting viciously, the smaller Dragon smirked as she saw the beings backing up considerably. Regardless of what they were, they knew their place. They were just food in the end. And obedient ones at that. They were of no concern.

Turning her head back to her current meal, the Dragoness began eating again, until something else registered in her ears. Looking beside her at her smaller counterpart, the older girl had to pause. The little white Dragon pup was growling. She hadn’t stopped since these things approached them.

She had never witnessed her being this hostile before. Smirking in approval, the older girl began eating once more. This was progress. Now she just needed to teach her to act like that around everything else.

 

She might just make her into a proper Dragon one day after all.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

This interaction was what sparked the fire, that changed me and Ivy’s lives forever. I was a fool to think these things were nothing of concern. After all, you Humans truly are, a blight on this earth. Your foul smell… your rancid taste… it’s like ashes in my mouth now…

But Ivy knew that all along. And her instincts, are why I listen to her, and her alone. Mine failed me that day…

 

And they failed me once more, the next time we encountered you as well…

 

 

 

 

Flying swiftly through the skies, along with her smaller white counterpart clinging to the tip of her tail, the black Dragoness began her hunt for the day with excitement in her eyes. It had been a few cycles since she came here, and she loved it! The hunts were harder! And the prey was even more delicious here than back in her old lands!

Even the younger Dragon pup seemed to like it here more too! She had started hunting on her own! This was a good place. Though, this day was not for some reason. The food that ran around the earth, and even the targets in the sky… were seemingly absent today.

They had begun their hunt not too long ago but had neither seen hide, tail, or feather of their food. Perhaps it was closer to that time of season then she had initially thought. If this was the case, it would be better to find a burrow or an occupied cave for them to stay in. One that was already full of food they could leisurely eat until it passed and the hunts were abundant once more.

As she pondered these thoughts midair, a certain smell soon entered the older Dragon’s nostrils enthralling her immediately. ‘Food!’ It smelled delicious! It was theirs! Swooping down instantly, and with enough force to startle her hovering charge that was hanging on behind her, both Dragons fell to the ground with a crashing force, as the older of the two began to snarl dominantly.

 

“GAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”

 

Announcing their arrival as she always did, the black Dragoness look behind her first to make sure the younger pup was alright. She couldn’t fly on her own yet, so it was important for her to cling to her so she could lead. Seeing the little white infant beginning to growl as she crawled onto her feet on her own, the older of the two nodded approvingly before she turned to face whatever prey had given off that wonderful aroma.

However, what she found was unexpected. Looking around in surprise as she saw a bunch of beings all huddled together over fires, the Dragoness had to pause and simply observe. It was them… The strange ones, as she dubbed them.

They all looked different though. Before, when she had last encountered this species, they had all resembled each other. Tall, bipedal beings with tuffs of fur on their heads. But now, they came in every shape! Some were round, others thin. Some were humongous, others nearly the size of the smaller Dragon pup! Some looked like they were clothed in rags, others bare and wearing nearly nothing. Though that did prove to her they had fur in places other than just their heads.

Regardless, they all seemed to freeze upon seeing her… and the noises they made, died off instantly. Mimicking their stance as she tried to impose her presence, the older Dragoness stood up on her hind legs before puffing out her chest, before smoke began to seep through her bared teeth.

It was, a grand, feast! This would solve all of their food problems for the season! Looking back at her younger charge excitedly, the older girl soon paused as she saw a fearful look on the younger pups face as she continuously growled. Was, she scared?

They were Dragon’s! They feared nothing! “Gaooooo!” Barking at the younger girl, the older of the two looked back at the bizarre creatures, before a strange look fell over her face. Some of them were shuffling around with things in their arms. Things, that smelled good.

Inhaling the tantalizing scent, the older girl grinned before stalking forward, leaving her younger charge stationary behind her as she held her ground. She liked these creatures. They knew their place! Keeping a vicious smile on her face as the beings around her all separated and moved out of her path willingly, it wasn’t long till she stood in front of a taller one who was holding what she wanted.

“Gaooooo…” ‘Give me…’ Wondering if this thing knew what she had wanted, the scaled child soon smirked as it lowered what it was holding in front of her obediently. What a wonderful species indeed! Looking down at the strange object, the younger girl soon moved her claws over it before they began slicing through whatever it was.

As the outer shell fell apart, she soon saw what was inside of it before her mouth watered. It was food… But it was different than the food she had hunted prior. It looked darker… and had exotic smells to it she had never seen. Grabbing a fistful of the strange meat, the Dragoness looked back up at the towering being before smirking.

It was an offering. Other species did this to. Usually, it was the lizards, as they gave her their own when she was hunting. But these beings gave her something much better. She would keep them for future use for this. Possibly even protect them as well if they stayed as hospitable as they seemingly were now. Chomping the meat in her hands savagely as she tasted it firsthand, the younger girl’s eyes widened to new proportions.

“GAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!”

 

It was delicious! Falling to the ground and snapping at the hunches of meat carelessly, the older girl ate with gusto and devoured all that she could! This was not rich with energy whatsoever… But, the one of a kind tastes made it all the worthwhile to eat it! It was simply, a delicacy. One of these beings could seemingly only produce. It was a greater offering then she could have ever dreamed of.

Continuing to eat uncaringly, a single noise seemingly snapped her out of her gluttonous daze as she peered over her shoulder… dizzily? Looking back at her younger charge as she saw her letting out repeated calls and yips, the older pup soon began to stiffen.

Why, was she calling her… like… that… Feeling her legs fall out under her, the Dragoness suddenly fell to the ground in front of the food she had been devouring as her eyes started to fade in and out… along with her other senses.

“G-G-Ga… Gaaooooo…” Weakly growling, the older girl could do little but watch as the large being in front of her began pulling away from her offering, before others moved in on her. It… was a trick…

 

Trying to summon her strength, the child soon closed her eyes and began to fade into unconsciousness.

 

The last thing she heard, being the sounds of the younger white pup, calling out to her for help…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

This felt wrong…

 

Heavy… she felt, so heavy.

 

 

Something was wrong. And she could hear it now.

 

 

“Gao! Gaaooooo! Gaooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

 

 

Cries… she was crying out, for her…

 

 

Why couldn’t she answer her? She had, to, answer!

 

 

“Ge…. Ga…. G-Gao…!”

 

 

Opening her heavy eyelids, lights faded in and out of existence, as strange things filled her field of vision. This wasn’t normal. Her head… thumped. Her eyes, burned… Her ears… stung. Everything was wrong. Clenching her fists, the black Dragon pup tried to move, but something restrained her. She couldn’t so much as lift her wrist, and she could barely turn her head.

“Gao! Gaooo! Gaooooo!”

 

She needed her… Her treasure… she was calling her! Forcing her eyes open painfully, the black Dragoness slowly began to snarl, as she tried to summon her voice back to her. Watching in agony as her vision span around endlessly, the strange sights and sounds slowly began to fall in sync, before she eventually regained enough of her senses, to grasp just where she was.

“Gaooo… GAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”

 

Roaring in rage, the older Dragon Pup tried to jerk her arm forward, but nothing happened. Lifting her head up, soon proved impossible. Something tightened around her neck when she tried. She… she was bound! WHO WOULD DARE TO BIND HER! Tilting her head to the side as she looked at her outstretched arm, the child’s eyes widened as she saw something thing pressed painfully tight into her wrist.

It was vibrating, and she knew what it was. It was one of the metals she had encountered before. Though it looked shinier than most. That being said, it wasn’t a good one like the yellow of silver ones she loved to collect. This one was an ugly murk colored one, and the vibrations it gave off were barely anything to make it worth being one of her treasures. It was just, junk.

Tugging on the *junk* as she tried to remove it from her wrists, the child soon snarled in rage as it didn’t so much as budge from her powerful thrashes. Tilting her head to the other side to view her other arm as well, soon proved that it was the exact same circumstance.

This was probably the same with her feet to… and, her tail! Wiggling the appendage back and forth, only the tip seemed able to move. She could feel the dim vibrant metals all around her. Two on her wrists. One on her neck. Three on her midsection. two on her legs, and one on her ankles. And, five on her tail…

Whatever this was… it felt like it was made specifically for her. While she couldn’t move, and the metals that impaired her movement were very tight. The spacing seemed… perfect. These things would never fit her younger charge.

Widening her eyes instantly, the older child soon screamed as she called out to the younger pup. “GAOOOOO! GAOOOOOOOO GAOOOOOOO!” “Gao! Gaoooo!” She was here! Banging her head into the wooden frame behind her, the older girl tried desperately to see the other pup, but she simply couldn’t. What was this thing!

 

“Godhhdf ists ahwakee. Thakeee thasue bahcke hasha pahyemhet.”

 

Growing still as noises filled the room, noises that she had once heard before, the older girl’s eyes darted back and forth frantically until something came into view. It was that thing! The tall creature… the tall one, that gave her food…

Snarling viciously up at the being, a fire began to swell up in the Dragoness’ throat as she tried to burn it… before she suddenly began to choke. As the flames died off, the older girl thrashed around panicked as she metal around her unguarded throat seemingly tightened on its own stopping her actions in one fell swoop… all the while the strange being made some sort of melodic croaking noise seemingly in response to her prior action.

 

“Ounted eyeted omnesta! Hatea heatel isha spiciela! Oua ounet ee ablh ou eahe iree itha aouend ouer ek! Ehaehaeha!”

 

Sneering up at the croaking creature, the black Dragon pup tried once more to summon her fire before the metal tightened up around her neck again earning even more noises from the ugly being before her. It was very apparent to her, that it was taking pleasure in this… and that pissed her off even more!

Trying and failing on many attempts to breathe her fire at the creature, the little pup soon gave in to fatigue as her vision began to fade in out. She couldn’t breathe anymore with this thing around her neck!

Hearing more and more cries from her younger charge farther off, the older pup soon fell unconscious once more, leaving her wondering, what was even going on…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“I didn’t know where I was or who or what these beings were, but, Najia filled me in later on once we were taken under her care. Apparently, Ivy and I were captured by what you call *Monster Hunters*, and sold alive to a foul group of humans who, collected, our kind. Not just Dragon’s though. There were many more…

We were just pieces in their blood-soaked collection… and used for the amusement of your kind! We were just… animals.

 

It was a Circus… A Circus, for Monsters…

 

And, we were the main attractions…

 

 

 

Sitting upright in a cage, as spikes dug painfully into the parts of her exposed flesh rather than her scaly hide, the little black Dragoness stared in front of her hatefully, as she watched dozens of different creatures walking back and forth around her prison. This was hell…

Pulling her equally bound pup closer, as the little white Dragon slept uncomfortably on top of her lap, the older of the two narrowed her crimson eyes as she saw a snake hissing at her across the way. It was a huge one. The color was off to. She had never seen one of this nature before. It looked... savage, compared to what she had seen in her region.

But that could be said about any of the other beings imprisoned here just as they were. Lizards, weird fish things, some type of bird that resembled the furless walking around outside of their cages. There were plenty of other creatures being held captive. They were all their prisoners.

And every nightfall, they would be carted out and screamed at by those things. Sometimes they would point. Other times throw objects of scraps of food their way. It was insufferable! But she would play along. Once she was free… she would make them all pay!

Digging her claws into the younger pup as she held her closer, the older child closed her eyes and tried to regain her lost strength. Every night, she had to move around, and do something. If she didn’t, they would all start to poke her with pointed sticks or worse, do the same to the younger one…

Running her hands through her little treasures hair as she regained her energy as well, the Dragoness growled audibly at the thought of anyone else taking possession of what was hers.

 

She refused.

 

No one could take her.

 

And she would do whatever these beings wanted, so long as it stayed that way…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

“Genlemee! Lalies! Wecoome uo ur sow! Tight, we brig ou thee fercst eings inn aull thee land! Yees, wee ave thee digusing eings ou aull no aund ate, ere four ur plessir ouf ving! We gve ou, Monsters!”

Listening in annoyance as the same tall being called out to the other creatures around it like it did every night, the scaly child listened intently as she tried to understand the way it made noises. It said different sounds every day that passed. But a few things repeated themselves every now and again in a pattern of sorts. Like, when it announced their arrival.

“M-Mon…ssster! Mmon, Sster…” She mumbled under her breath. It was what they said every day when they pointed at them, and all the other creature’s here for that matter. It was some type of name for what they were. Looking down at her younger counterpart as she hugged her belly timidly, the older of the two huffed as she saw one of the creatures moving towards their mobile prison.

It was how they got around. Some type of device was attached to the base of whatever they were inside so they could be pushed or pulled without having to let either of them out of it. Not resisting as her hands were pulled apart by the long connecting strips of metal around her wrists, the child only glared at the creature in front of her as it did the same thing it did every night. After her many attempts to escape, they soon chose to restrain her before they brought her out. They were smart.

She wanted nothing more than to claw at the being and set them ablaze, but it was painful to do that. And she never hit her target… Grunting in pain as the spikes around her neck dug in as the cage jutted forward, the older girl growled as she saw both of her and her pup moving towards the big opening they always went through before being brought out to be viewed.

This was the worst part…

 

“Aun tah’s itt! Wve rched thee apx oov orr shoo! Btt nowe, Lalies, Genlemee! Ie gvee oue owne ouf thee ferceesst engs livee. Ohoe? Nooot owne actali, btt TWOOU! TWOOU OUF THEE MSTT DANNGEROUSS CREESURS TOO EVEERE WAKE, FLI, OUR SOUAR ACKROOSS THEE LANDAS! Oou harde mee ritt! I gvee oue, thee twine Dragon’s! Thee blok ann wite duit! EBONY, ANN IVORY!”

 

Narrowing her eyes as she was brought out into a large open area, both Dragon’s crawled to their feet as they looked around. Just as always, these were new ones. Hearing loud noises from every direction, both children observed the new flock of furless beings as they loudly screamed, pointed, and made inaudible sounds neither could fully understand.

But, one word kept entering the fold. ‘M-Mon, ster… Mooon-sssster…’ She didn’t like it. It sounded, insulting. They were Dragons, and they knew it! Baring her teeth as she snarled, the little black Dragoness winced as she stood up on her hind legs silencing a majority of the beings around them.

“Grrrrrr… Gaoooo…. GAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!”

 

Roaring her anger back at the crowd, silence soon followed before the screams erupted anew. Whenever she screamed at them, they screamed back. It was an annoying cycle... but, it got the beings who possessed her what they wanted.

Shifting her hateful red eyes over to the person who had been speaking before they arrive, the creature looked back at her with a familiar face of smugness… one she detested. She gave it what it wanted… now, she wanted to go back. The foul smell was beginning to drive her insane…

These things had once smelled delicious. But now, after being around them for who knows how long, bound, and trapped as their prisoner… it felt like ashes in her mouth causing it to grow dry and bitter. When she got free, she would surely kill them all… but, it would never be for food…

Hearing more noises spout out from the furless leader's mouth, the tall being approached the cage before resting his hand atop the bars above her. Feeling her claws twitch as the impulse to slash and bite at the creature intensified, the child stood her ground and resisted.

This was bait.

She had fallen for it many times. He would always put himself within arms reach, but it was never enough. Flicking her tail to remind herself that the chain that bound her to the floor was never enough to reach him, the child simply let the links clank noisily as she blew smoke out of her nostrils.

Each piece of metal around her had a specific limit. And while none of them were as restrictive to bind her immobility during the show, they had all been perfectly measured, just, for, her. No matter how hard she thrashed… it was just inches, from her grasp. Something, that drove her to the edge of insanity and back upon discovering.

Snarling at the furless beings annoying face, the child hissed before blowing smoke in its face causing it to stagger back. She shouldn’t have done that… Gasping as the chain around her neck snapped hard pulling her off her feet and slamming her head into the back of the bars behind her, the younger girl was soon on her bottom as spears pointed in from every wall of the cage, and the creatures all on the outside began to scream once more.

Huffing in rage as she looked all around, the Dragoness roared again as she thrashed in place. Kill them… she wanted to kill them… THEY ALL HAD TO BE BURNED AWAY! “GAO! GAO, GAO!” Widening her eyes in a panic, the older girl craned her neck before choking on her breath. Not again!

Watching as the porcelain Dragon pup began barking back at their handlers, the older girl soon grew enraged as she watched one of them stab at her knocking the younger girl off her feet. ‘Alone… leave, her, alone!’ Screaming in rage, the older Dragoness shook the entire cage as she thrashed violently. SHE WAS HER’S!

Noticing the insane rage boiling within their prison, the leader of the creatures made some noises and hand gestures before both of them were carted away. Watching in a frenzy as the many beings around them fell out of view, the older girl panted weakly as she felt the younger girl limply laying at her side.

She had told her, to stay quiet! Growling weakly as her claws reached out painfully, both girls soon made contact as the Black Dragoness clutched the younger girl’s palms in her own. “G-Gaoooo…”

Shuddering in rage as she heard the whimpering noises the toddler made, the older girl simply lay there bound to the tee, as she waited for her captors to return eventually. Until then… she was forced to sit bound in agony, as the many spikes around her neck, midsection, and tail dug deeper into her flesh, leaving a light trail of crimson dripping down the sides of their metal prison…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“Taake thee Naaga out too sstart with. After thatt wee’lll moove ontoo thee Harpies neckst, butt, leeve both of themm out. Thee crowed realliy likess it when those too beests fight with eech other, heh. After that, wee’lll shoo off ourr Mermaid tank. Make chure yu change outt thee wahter furst. It’s startin too ghet filthee an noo won wans too see thatt! An aftur thatt, wee’lll chow of thee little wons. Have they bin properlee train'd yet? Goood! Wee’lll make dubble thee proffitt iff pepple can pett those dogs or even rihide them! An of corse, wons all thee commosionss die'd douwn an calm, wee’lll briing out ourr maine attractions…”

 

Watching the small group of beings talking softly across from her, the little black Dragoness listened intently as she saw their heads turn towards her and her smaller companion. Their language was becoming clearer and clearer with each passing season they were kept here. There was patterns to their speech. It wasn't how other beings communicated. There was raised tones and angry expressions, but it wasn't to threaten. It seemed they could do that with quiet ones as well as loud ones. Whatever these furless were called... they were clearly, a dangerous species. And an intelligent one to boot... ‘A-Attract-sion… tion? Us… E-Ebony… a-and, I-I-Ivory…’ The words were becoming clearer and clearer by the day.

They were Ebony and Ivory. She was the former, and the younger pup was the ladder. What was the meaning of these names? They could always call one another when they needed to. What purpose did it serve to call them that? Not having long to ponder the words she translated herself, the child lifted her head up weakly as she glared back at the leader of the small group of furless beings before it began speaking to her. She could understand it more now... not that it seemed to notice much. As far as it was concerned... she was just a mindless, Monster.

“Ssoo how arr my too favorit little petss doinn toodaye? Arr youu goin too beehaave yourrselvess toonitte as welll? Thee lasst fihive shoowss we’vee had you’vee both bin very obedeent. If you sstay that wahay, we’lll make ture too fheed you afterwords. How doess that ssound?”

Keeping her eyes fixated on the being as his hand rested atop her cage, the younger girl made no movement at all, as she held her breath. Seeing no visible response from the younger girl, the furless nodded before giving the bars of her cage a few light taps before he went on his way.

Releasing her held air as she breathed slowly, the child looked down towards the base of the chains she had been sitting on. Thankfully, he hadn’t noticed. “Garrr… Gaoo!” Watching as the younger pup lifted her head up in an instant after feigning sleep, the older girl nodded before rolling onto her stomach to reveal the base of her restraints to the child.

Moving over towards them, the little pup once more began gnawing on them, as she had every day for the past few months. A crack had formed about a week ago… the restraints were coming undone. And thankfully, these furless didn't think that could ever happen. That would be their mistake...

Laying weakly as she heard more and more frantic noises from the younger pup grinding her teeth into the rugged metal links, the older Dragoness simply rested as she tried to use as little strength as she could. Once her bindings were broken, they would be free. She just had to buy her more time, until she could do for the little pup what she could not.

 

They would make it out of this. But it seemed like time was not on their side…

 

Every day they remained caged, a part of their former selves seemingly, vanished. It was like, they were turning into animals. Just like the ones that were all imprisoned here... Clenching her hands as she heard various roars and calls from the other *monsters* around them, the child simply closed her eyes and focused on hearing just their captors instead.

If things went on the way they were now, they too would end up just like the others…

 

And the thought alone was enough to scare her… Something that had never happened before, until now.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“And that’s it! Thank you all for coming! Oh? Were you expecting something else? Hmm, what could that be? OH! How careless of me! We DO have just one more attraction. Please, stay back, and hold your loved ones close. As we bring you, the twin terrors! The Black and White Duet! EBONY, AND IVORY!”

 

Cracking her eyes open as she heard their names called out amongst the rest of the gibberish spouted from the furless leader, the black Dragoness gave the chains behind her a light tug, before a vicious smile fell across her face. Tonight, was the night. And what better time to do it, then when there was a crowd of them. “Gao…”

Giving off a single command, the older girl glanced to her smaller counterpart as she saw the broken chain around her ankle. While the full body restraints had been ever present on her, her captors had been very foolish with only a single binding around her little treasure neck.

Even if she was docile, and not much of fighter… she was never the less, a Dragon! Watching as one of her handlers walked towards her, the older girl leaned her back into the bars of her cage as she inched away to hide what they had done.

“An here they arr! Behold, the fiercesst creasures to walk the face of arr vast green earth! Wee give yu, Dragons!” Smirking as their proper name was used, the black Dragoness leaned up slowly before standing on her two feet to look out at the wide-eyed crowd of furless, but that wasn't their names anymore, now was it? ‘H-Human.’ She had heard, that they were called that. She would make them pay… starting, with him!

Watching as the leader of the humans came towards her cage like he always did, his arm soon rested on the open bars of her cage as he talked back to the crowd. “As yu can sssee, it’ss completely domesstacated! Wee’vee sspent countless hourss trainin it! Behold!”

Watching as the man reached his arm in towards her, always within a hair’s width of her chains, a vicious smile fell over the child’s face as she stared back at the man. “H-H-Hum-maaan…” Freezing in place as a single word was uttered from the Dragoness, the leader of the caravan had little time to process his shock before a pair of sharp and jagged teeth were embedded into his arm!

Screaming at the top of his lungs, hysteria broke out within seconds as Ebon threw her head back, taking the man's entire limb with it! Roaring in bestial rage, the black Dragon unfurrowed her wings causing the severely damaged chains that bound the entirety of her harness together to shatter.

 

She was free!

 

Ripping off her spiked collar as pandemonium spread out amongst the crowd of people, the child didn’t waste the opportunity as she summoned up her fire. The pain of her collar... she would make them feel it! Roaring out past her bars at the approaching men, more screams rang out as she lit the surroundings ablaze!

 

“GAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!”

Slashing down at the younger Dragon pup as she tore her chains apart much easier than it had been for the toddler to do for her, both girls looked around at the chaos they had caused with pleased expressions.

 

But they weren’t truly free yet. They still had to escape this cage first…

 

Stabbing her claws into the ground as she held her position, the older girl breathed in deeply before her entire stomach to her neck glowed a bright shade of white. Blowing out the hottest fires she could muster, her breath lasted for about ten seconds in total before the metal that had once been there begun to slowly dribble down itself.

Panting tiredly as her energy faded in rapid succession from her actions, both girls leaped out of the hole she had made before they stood on all fours baring their fangs at the remaining humans that had tried to approach them through the flames.

If they wanted freedom, they had to fight for it! Lowering her back in a position she had shown her counterpart, the little pup soon leaped on top of her before she launched the child forward with her wings before following up herself.

Hearing screams erupting around them, both Dragon’s went wild as they clawed and slashed at anything in their vicinity. They would be free! Blowing plumes of fire as best she could, the black Dragoness tried to keep those around her at bay, but it felt like her body, was… getting limp, and her vision, redder.

Was it, bloodlust? No… something was wrong. Her energy was just, gone… Keeping up the fight as her attacks became wilder, both girls tried to fend off the seemingly endless number of people coming towards them… but, it wasn’t them they needed to fear, as something shot out from behind the flames impaling the older of the two in her lower thigh.

Screaming in pain, the child sneered wildly before jutting backward, as something hit her shoulder, and then her lower stomach. Looking down weakly at the sticks embedded into her body, the younger girl soon felt her vision growing blurred.

‘N-N-No…’ This was their chance! Using what little strength, she had left, the older Dragon leaped to her smaller counterpart before picking up the startled Dragon in her arms. Kneeling down, the older girl soon leaped into the air as she tried to burst through the ceiling of wherever they were in. But that never happened…

Screaming as her wings were struck, what little air she had cleared soon fell away causing the two of them to plummet back to the ground before impacting with it hard. Laying prone as her body twitched and refused to listen to her, the Dragoness simply snarled and panted as humans surrounded her.

That was it… That was their one chance… and it was gone…

 

Screaming in agony as something stabbed into the webbing of her right wing, tears soon streaked the child’s face as her skin was torn apart, as whatever it was, was dragged down her flesh, rending it apart completely before it rested against her bone.

Reaching her hand forward, the little Black Dragon pup uttered a single noised before falling unconscious from the pain, leaving both their fates, back in the hands of the humans who had imprisoned them…

 

They failed...

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

“Our grand escape… had been a failure. And it truly forced me to understand, just where our species lied in the food chain in the grand scheme of things. While we Dragons were once at the top, your kind took over in the shadows… and outnumbered us. Energy is our source of power. And once it’s exhausted… we’re no stronger than you humans… and my captors knew this.

And this leads us to where my anger for your kind grew to… an obsession. What they did next, finally… broke me…”

 

 

“GAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO”

“GAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO”

“GAOOOOOOOOOOOO, GAOOOOOOOOOOOO, GAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!”

 

Slamming her head wildly into the ground as she was stabbed repeatedly by her full body suit of restraints, the older Dragoness thrashed around in agony as her stomach churned miserably, and her eyes glowed a bloody red.

‘F-Food…’ She needed… food. Thrashing even harder as the pain intensified, the child was left to stew in her cage as humans walked farther and farther away from her. After her stunt… she was no longer brought out to be viewed. No one dared to go near her… and that included to feed her. It had been almost a week…

But worse than that… they hadn’t fed her either…

 

Hearing a snarling chattering noise beside her cage, the black Dragon pup grew quiet momentarily as she saw her counterpart kneeling in her own set of restraints, and now in her own separate cage, as she wore a savage look on her face. It didn’t belong there. Not on her…

Feeling her own sanity return as she continued to look at her little treasure, the child simply panted in pain, as she laid in metal and blood, her own, blood. There had been no attempt to help her after what she had done. And her wounds were never fixed. Wood and metal still lay embedded in her body… and with them there, she couldn’t heal.

But they knew that.

 

Hearing more and more cries of agony from the younger pup, the black dragoness leaned her head up in pain before looking out toward’s the humans outside of their cages. They had it… they had food! THEY NEEDED TO GIVE IT TO THE CHILD! SHE WAS STARVING!

Watching in dismay as they tossed meat at the other caged Monsters, both dragons looked longingly at them, but, they never came. Why would they? Panting weakly, the child soon leaned up before her head fell into the front of her bars.

“G-Gaooo… G-G-Gaooooo….”

 

Watching as heads turned her way, the humans soon went back to what they were doing as they ignored her. ‘F-Food… we… need… it!’ Opening her mouth again, her tone changed entirely as she stared at a man who held a bloody bucket in his hands.

 

“F-F-Foood… F-Foood…”

 

Stopping in his tracks, the human looked back at her with wide eyes before backing up considerably. “F-F-Feeeeed…. P-P-P-Ple… P-P-Pleassse…” She didn’t know much of their language, or if she could even use it as they could, but she had to try. She had to try, anything…

Looking back at the human beggingly, the child soon screamed into her bars as he ran away in a hurry. “F-F-FEED! F-FEEED! FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!” Crying hysterically as she thrashed in her bindings, many other Monsters soon joined in as cries, caws, hisses, and roars rang out all around them as a vocal riot broke out, causing many of the humans who had been there to leave in a hurry. None wanted to go near her…

But, she needed help… they needed, to feed her…

 

Looking back at her little treasure as she continued to spasm in anguish, the older Dragoness shivered in anger. ‘H-H-Help… h-her… p-please…’ Someone… anyone… Staring downward in defeat, the older girl’s glowing eyes fell on her tail as she looked at her appendage… Hearing another loud cry from the toddler, the older girl blinked momentarily, before she grimaced.

‘H-Help… her…’

 

Gulping as she reached down, the child soon gripped her own tail, before looking back at the younger Dragoness. “F-Food…” Panting quickly, the child soon gritted her teeth before raising her claws up and slamming them down on her tail.

Crying out in pain, the Dragoness ignored it before doing it again… and again… and again… and again…

"G-G-G-Gaah... Gao... G-Gaooo!"

 

...

 

“F-F-Food… f-food… I-I-IVY… F-Food…”

 

Seeing the reaction she wanted from the child as she spoke to her in their language, the older girl nodded, before leaning toward's her cage painfully. Staring back at the black Dragoness blankly, the porcelain pup's expression was dull and lifeless compared to its former one. She was starting to become one of them... Watching as the noirette reached towards her cage through the bars of her own, the little white Dragon pup growled at her before something was tossed at her feet. Looking down in an instant, the child screamed before attacking it wildly as she sunk her teeth into what had been presented to her. Her mind already lost to the actions that happened prior to it.

 

Nodding her head as she tried to remain conscious for just a bit longer, the older girl soon fell on her face, as blood steadily drained out from the stump of her tail.

 

‘E-Eat… I-I-Ivvvy…L-Live.’

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“So… the rumors were true… I couldn’t believe it… No. I chose not to. You two really are, Dragons…”

 

A voice… it was a voice. It was clearer than any other she had ever heard before. It sounded, different though. it wasn't, human... Cracking open her bloody eyes, the battered black Dragoness stared through a haze of red, as she saw what looked like a human standing right in front of her cage though. She was within reach…

Lifting a trembling hand towards her, the child soon cried out weakly before her claws fell to the floor. This was cruel. It was right there… food… and she couldn’t have it! “Can you understand me? Please, show me you’re not too far gone! Show me you’ve not given in to yourself! SPEAK DAMN IT!”

What, was she spouting… what did it matter…?

Remaining motionless as she felt sleep beginning to grip her again, a tantalizing smell soon brought her back to consciousness, before her eyes widened. Where the human had once been, now stood something else entirely.

It still looked like a human… but, it had a big pair of ears on its head, and a lot of fluffy tails behind its body now. But its hand was in her cage, and something was glowing on her palm. Inhaling its scent again, the child whimpered as she inched forward.

 

‘F-Food… food… food… food… food…’

 

Extending her tongue as she tried desperately to reach it, the human creature soon rolled whatever it was she had been holding onto her tongue before it withdrew back in the child’s mouth quickly.

Gulping down the malleable orb of food, the child closed her eyes as she felt a warm feeling spread through her. Her whole body… what, was, this…? Standing back up before crossing her arms behind her back, the blonde woman simply observed as she tried to determine if she could help her or not.

“Anything? Can you say, anything? Is there even a shred of sense left within you?” Rolling on the ground as her body began to twitch under her, the Dragoness panted weakly before her eyes shot open, the former red glow now gone to reveal her scarlet irises.

Leaning up weakly as she felt the pain from her wounds beginning to lesson, a startled look overtook her face. She felt, normal. Looking down at her claws as she stared at them intently, the child simply opened and closed them as she tried to determine what had just occurred. She felt, normal...

No hunger… no pain… and her strength… Looking back at the woman in front of her, shocked, the black Dragon pup soon reached forward before grabbing the two bars that separated them. Taking a tentative step back, the older woman gently cupped her hands together as she simply chose to watch. Huffing angrily, the younger girl began tugging them with all her strength, but no matter how much they creaked and started to bend, it wasn’t enough.

Seeing the self-attempt at freeing herself, the blonde woman simply nodded. “Good, you’re sensible. But, can you speak? Do you understand what I’m saying to you now, little one?” Pausing her attempts of freedom, the child’s eyes met back with the woman’s as they looked back at one another.

Her voice was so… soothing. It was no human. And it was nothing she had ever encountered either. She… she was, different. Reaching a hand forward, as her claws extended, the Dragoness soon touched the blonde’s cheek, but she didn’t so much as flinch this time. There was no fear in her eyes. She was something else altogether…

 

“P-P-Ple-ease… H-H-H-Help… I-I-Ivvvvy…”

 

Looking back at the child as her eyes widened, a smile formed on the older woman’s face. This was a better outcome then she could have ever dreamed. “As you wish, little one.” Watching as the woman’s hands moved to the bars she had just been clutching, it was the Dragon pups turn to look with wide eyes as the blonde bent the bars apart with little to no effort on her part.

“W-W-What… Y-You…?”

 

Moving a hand forward before placing it gently atop the little Dragon’s head, the woman simply smiled back at her, before the various chains that remained attached to her small body clattered to the floor on their own. “My name is Najia, and I’m like you. Now, there’s no time to waste! We still need to take care of her.”

Following the creature’s hand, as she pointed to the cage beside them, the black Dragoness grew wide-eyed before nearly falling out of her own cage and into the older woman’s arms. “I-I-IV-VY! IVVVY!!!”

Crawling towards the other cage, the child soon staggered back into the older woman's arms, as the little white Dragon pup screeched before lashing out at her with her claws frantically with the same red glow in her eyes that had been in her own. "GAOOOO! GAAAAA! GAOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

“Careful now, she’s either feral herself or about to be. She won’t recognize you in her current state.” Najia whispered. Hearing the woman’s words but keeping her eyes focused on the savage child, the older girl said nothing as she stared back at the snarling toddler.

“I-I-Ivvy… G-Gaoo… Gaaooooo…”

 

Watching as the two girls made strange noises back at one another, Najia’s tails flicked back and forth as her curiosity grew. It seemed the black one was capable of speech, while the white one was not. But even so... they somehow had their own form of communication. ‘Truly, remarkable.’ Especially so considering their species difference.

Lifting her hand up as a small sphere of blue light began to form into a malleable orb, the older woman leaned down to offer it to the younger girl before her hand was stopped by the older Dragoness.

“N-Noo… M-M-Miiineee…” She snarled. Looking at the child perplexed, Najia simply observed as the pocket of essence she had made was taken from her hand before the younger girl moved it towards her volatile counterpart.

‘Hers…’ Hmm. How intriguing indeed. Though quite dangerous in the long run, as the child was learning now. Wincing in pain as the younger pup dug her teeth into the older girl’s hand as she ravenously devoured the food before her, the black Dragoness made no attempt to move it as she let the younger girl have her fill… of both what she was offering, or otherwise.

“Gao… Gaooo!”

Feeling the bites lesson before her palm began receiving licks instead, a whimpering voice soon echoed out from the cage in front of her causing the older girl’s heart to feel at ease. “Gao…? Gao, gao!” Crying softly as she ignored it, the older child reached her arms into the cage as she clung to her now cooing treasure as she called out for her. She was safe! Hugging the toddler as she softly cried, the older girl whimpered herself now as she felt the wonderful sensation of her touch. She had felt, like a part of her had been stripped away when they had been torn apart... and it hurt so much!

Pressing her head into the foul metal that still separated them, the older girl growled angrily before looking back up at Najia. “H-H-Help, H-Her!” Nodding in return, the blonde did the same she had for the older child as she pried open the bars of her cage finally reuniting both Dragon’s with one another.

Pulling her crying pup into her arms as they clung to one another once more, both girls smiled happily as she embraced each other. It hurt. It hurt to be separated, yet so close. IT WAS THE WORST FEELING THEY HAD EVER EXPERIENCED!

Watching both of them as they clung to each other for dear life, Najia’s eyes wavered only briefly as she saw the many other cages that littered the large tent, they were in. There were so many others who needed her help. ‘My brothers…’ They were already gone. She could sense it.

Shifting her golden eyes to the uncountable amount of glowing red ones surrounding them, the older woman clenched her fists before small orbs of blueish white fire swirled to life on the tips of her tails. “You two, come with me. We’re leaving. And so are they!”

Looking back up at the woman as she held her little treasure against her, the Black Dragoness watched in amazement as fireballs the likes of which not even she had summoned shot out perfectly before colliding with all the locks of the cages around them.

“Quickly… it’s about to get messy in here.” Staring back at the stranger more, the child nodded before feeling something… fluffy? Wrap around her. Hoisting both girls in the air, Najia shot another volley of bolts out to free the last of her kind before taking off in a sprint.

She would give them the means of escape… but, as for their sanity’s sake, only they could choose to retain it once they awoke from their feral side… if, they awoke at all…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Watching atop a small hill, as a massive fire overtook the lands in front of her, both Dragon pups and Najia watched it in safety as they saw Humans… Hominal… and Beastial… all fighting… running… and of course, screaming. This would be a night that would go down in human history. But it would also go down in theirs as well.

Resting her hand atop the older child’s head, Najia gently pet the Dragon’s messy black locks as she looked back down at her. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry, I couldn’t find you two sooner. I’ve been tracking the two of you for some time, but because of the nature of your entrapment… whenever I got closer, you all got farther away. Perhaps, if I had been faster about it… maybe you would have never had to experience the things you did…”

Hearing no reply back to her statements, the older woman sighed softly. “Well… It’s time that I take my leave. What you do now, is up to you. You can stay with me, or go off on your own. What will you choose?”

Hearing silence once more, Najia solemnly nodded before turning to leave… only for her hand to be clutched in return. Looking back down at the two Dragon’s, the older woman smiled softly as she saw the emotionless face of the older child.

“So be it. Come along, Ebon, and Ivy. I hope those names don’t bother you. If you come up with new ones, tell me so, and I’ll use them instead.” Giving a simple nod in return as her voice remained silent, the younger girl began to walk behind her savior, as she held her younger counterpart close to her heart.

Their names were perfect. They would be a reminder every day, of what they had faced, and what they could overcome.

 

But more importantly, they would also remind them… to never trust the humans, ever again.

 

 

To be continued…

End Notes:

 

And thus you have it.

I'lll be damned sure to call you out if any of you guessed living attractions or pets to humans for their backstory. I tried to keep the hints about it to a minimum. :P

There was a lot more I was going to add in, but honestly it was just filler. I know you all want to get back to the main focus now as much as I do.

Regardless, we'll be back with more soon enough.

 

I'll try to have the next chapter ready within a weeks time! D-Don't hold me to it though... ;'(

Leave me some lovely reviews and likes if you enjoyed, or tell me otherwise as well. XD

See ya!

Sacrifices. by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

Welcome back! I told you I would come back sooner!

 

Sorry for the delay. This was a joint chapter with Franchise Writer, and honestly it was a lot of fun. We haven't written together in a long time so please enjoy! This is a chapter I've wanted to have out for a a while now.

 

I hope you all like and review as always.

Tell me what you think and please enjoy. :D

 

 

Sitting silently, as the bonfire crackled noisily behind the pair of girls, Abby’s face was full of pain and woe. Even the warmth that radiated off of the younger Dragoness’ palm, wasn’t enough to dispel the cold feelings she had received, upon hearing what her kind had done to the two she now sat alone with. It always hurt… to learn what people could truly be capable of when they didn’t view others in the same light as their own…

Letting out a stuttered breath as she tried to hold back the onslaught of guilt she felt for what her race had done to both Ebon and Ivy, the little brunette’s eyes hardened as she focused back on the words Eve had told her the last time, she felt this much remorse.

‘The actions of my race aren’t my actions. Their sins aren’t my sins. I can’t take the blame for my species…’ Though, that was hard to say, when she was still at fault in the end. Lifting her head up weakly as she stared into the forlorn Dragon’s face, both girls soon met gazes as they stared back at one another.

No longer was there a mask on the child’s face. One of resentment and hatred. She wore her anger on her sleeves no longer, as she now showed her true feelings to the shrunken girl. She could see nothing but pain. “I… I forgive you…” Narrowing her eyes down at the teenager resting in her grasp, Ebon said nothing as she waited for the smaller girl to finish. She didn’t look like she was done speaking yet.

Waiting to see if her response was reciprocated, Abby lowered her eyes as the creeping guilt she felt… her own, guilt… came back tenfold. “I forgive you… for everything Ebon. For taking me from my friends. For trying to hunt me down… even… even when you tried to take my life. I forgive you… because no matter how much you hated me because of what I was… it was never about that. You always just… wanted to protect them. And I understand why now.”

Lifting her head up while the child looked further down, both girls shifted their gaze to Ivy as the slumbering toddler continued to suckle and nip at the human’s hand still locked firmly between her lips. Hearing a squealing yawn as she petted the pale Dragoness’ spongy tongue once more, Abby gave the younger girl a weak smile before sighing happily. She really was everything Ebon described her as. Just being near her brought her a lot of unexplained joy. It was no wonder why the older girl tried desperately to protect her. She was her treasure after all.

“I don’t remember asking you for your forgiveness…” Frowning as she heard the hard response to her former statement, Abby wiped away her glower so she could simply smile back at the scowling titaness. “I know. But I wanted it to be known. I’d like to think by now, you don’t see me as a threat to your kind. At least, I hope you don’t. So, I don’t want there to be any more bad blood between us. I'm not like the humans you met Ebon. And I never will be. I don’t see you as a Monster. Not you, or any of the others here. Not anymore... You’ve all changed my perspective in ways I can’t even begin to explain. I don’t want to fight with you anymore. Or, have anyone else fight on my behalf. Seeing you girls get hurt… is a worse pain than when you burned off my legs. N-Not that I’m blaming you! I just… I can’t. I can’t keep watching you, or anyone else get hurt anymore. So, if you still don’t like me, or want me to be here. I’ll… I’ll bring this up with Najia when she wakes up. I still don’t even know if I’ll be allowed to join you all here or not. But I don’t want to cause a scene if I do… so, if it comes to that… then I’ll just leave… And we can bury the hatchet from there...” Abby whispered despairingly. She really didn’t want it to have to come to that after she had made up her mind to stay here. But… She needed to do what was right. Even if it made her sad in the end.

Keeping her eyes locked on the shrunken human still occupying her palm, Ebon’s crimson eyes studied the smaller girls face, before her own inevitably shifted. “You trouble me… I can’t tell if you’re lying or not. Your face… it gives nothing away but what you feel at the moment. You human’s always have something I can see. Greed… lust… power… you have none of these. There’s always just one expression you wear. And it pisses me off!”

Wincing as she heard the child growling above her, Abby cringed before looking back up at the angry girl. “W-What, expression…?” Reaching her free hand forward before moving it underneath the slumbering white dragon pups’ neck, Ebon began to gently stroke her throat as she heard the whimpering purring sounds the toddler was beginning to make.

“Najia’s…” Growing wide-eyed at the child’s statement, the smaller teen had little time to process what Ebon had said before her soggy hand suddenly fell free from Ivy’s mouth as she let out a loud yawn of pleasure. SHE LET HER GO!?

Lifting her arm up as she saw her shredded sleeve, a crooked smile fell over the brunettes face before she let out a sigh of relief. “Heh… why didn’t you just do that, to begin with?” “Because she would have bit down instead if I hadn’t.” “WAIT, WHAT?! AND YOU JUST DID IT NOW ANYWAYS?!” “You got your arm back. I fail to see the problem… grrrr…”

Pouting as she rubbed her poor limb, Abby sighed before a small smile fell over her face. “I guess if anyone would know what Ivy was going to do, it would be you. Thank you Ebon.” Huffing in annoyance for even being questioned by the shrunken girl, the black Dragoness closed her eyes before puffing out a small plum of smoke in return.

“So now what?” Cracking open a single lid, the child scowled once more as she saw the quizzical look present on the teenager’s face. She hated her face. Rapping her tail into the ground as she thought about her options, only one seemed to come up. As it stood… she was now, tolerable. For a human at least. Plus, nothing had really changed beyond her opinion of her. Not that she would ever tell the bite-sized morsel.

“I’ll return you to your pet, and from then, we’ll simply wait for Najia to awaken. I trust that she will?” Ebon growled. Nodding frantically, a wide smile broke out over the teenagers face as she saw the troubled look the younger girl wore.

“Thank you Ebon! I promise you won't regret this!” “You will if she doesn’t awaken… Abby.” The child snarled. Gulping, the smaller girl nodded meekly before poking her fingers together as she tried to contain herself. ‘S-She used my name!’ She really was starting to like her! “What are you smirking at!”

Wincing, the shrunken girl laughed dryly before shaking her head. “S-Sorry… I’m just happy. I’d like it if we can try to stay like this. So, for now, instead of blight or scum, can you call me your friend…?” Lifting her hand up to shake, the smaller girl waited for the child to respond.

Looking down at the brunettes outstretched arm, Ebon sighed before looking away. “It would be an insult to call anyone my friend. That would imply you’re my equal…” She growled. She couldn’t even claim the same about Najia since she was far above even her. Feeling some of her prior demeanor falter, the shrunken girl sighed before simply nodding.

‘I forgot she’s a Dragon… I guess I should have expected her pride to be- ‘

“Gaoh-p~”

 

Gawking, both Ebon and Abby’s faces went blank as they wore the same look of shock before paling as they mirrored each other’s reaction… to Ivy biting down on the teenager's outstretched hand. ‘Oh shit…’ Giving her arm a tug, the shrunken girl began to sweat bullets before her eyes fell to Ebon for an answer to her silent plea. It happened again…

Trembling in fury as she saw Ivy cooing contently before suckling on the smaller teens arm once again, the black Dragoness inevitably sighed causing the teenager's heart to drop.

 

“That belongs to her now…”

 

“WHAT?!!!!!”

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“T-This is humiliating…”

 

“Would you rather I try taking you away by force instead?”

 

“N-N-No! T-T-That won’t be necessary!”

 

“Then be silent! I can sense your pets waiting for us just beyond my domain…”

 

 

Hanging in the air as her legs were batted at by Ivy’s petite claws, the teenager simply waited for the toddler to grow bored of her before eventually letting her go again. But… that didn’t look like it was going to happen anytime soon with how loud she was giggling above her as she played with her tiny body. She was starting to think the little white Dragon pup saw her more as her toy then her *treasure*.

“So, Eve’s waiting for us? How long has she been there?” She kind of expected her to know what was going on, but she came quicker than expected. Though, that might have just been because she had made the older girl angry from what she had said to her and Casey…

“She’s been sitting outside of my domain since the moment I took you here. You’ve trained your pet well to grovel at your feet…” Ebon spat as a guttural growl started to emanate from within her throat. Sweating bullets now as she heard the bitter tone of the Dragoness, Abby gently petted Ivy’s claws as she tried to defend herself.

“Ebon… That… that’s not it. I didn’t do anything to anyone. Eve just sort of fell for me. Casey did too. I don’t even know how it happened! I’ve never had anyone pine for my affection before… let alone a different species like you girls…” She mumbled.

Keeping her usual scowl present, Ebon huffed in annoyance as she hugged Ivy closer as they walked. “She comes to your call. She listens to you like a dog! She defends you like her owner. I see no difference from her being your pet or your mate.”

Blushing from the scaly girl’s statements, the brunette quickly shook her head again before sighing. “S-She’s not my mate! And neither is Casey! I already told them both that I wouldn’t mate with either of them because it would start a fight and lead to a bloody war in the end.”

Scoffing at the shrunken girl, Ebon’s eyes narrowed. “And it has nothing to do with them being Hominal, I assume?” Scowling herself now, Abby craned her neck up angrily. “No, it doesn’t! I don’t care if they’re Hominal or even girls! Both Casey and Eve are wonderful! I… I just don’t want to mate with them. It will cause too many problems. You Hominal and Beastial only mate once after all. It’s not the same for us Humans… so If I mate with one of your kind, It’s for life. In the end… I just want to make sure I don’t end up hurting whoever I end up with. That’s all…”

It was hard to explain herself since she actually wanted it in the end. Mating with either Casey or Eve… sounded really nice. Or for that matter with anyone really. She had felt more love in the past week then she had at any other point in time in her life! She was never that close to anyone physically or emotionally as she had been with those two… and the experiences they gave her she would treasure forever.

But that didn’t mean she could lead them on either, which is why she told them she wouldn’t do it. Grasping Ivy’s ivory claws as she rubbed them affectionately, the smaller girl sighed as she leaned into the toddler’s hands for comfort.

“I just… I just don’t want to make a mistake or hurt either of them… Does that make sense?” Listening in silence as she heard the conflicting tones from the smaller girl, Ebon simply ignored it. For all intense and purposes, these words were wasted on her, as was this conversation.

“You think too much human. If you find a mate, then you just know it. For us Beastial, if we see what we want, we take it by force! It’s not complicated at all. If you want one of your pets as a mate then take one! And if either Eveline or Casey wanted you as theirs, they should do the same. There should be no talking, or bargaining, or compromises! Only showing who is more dominant! That is what it means to be the better mate!” Ebon barked.

Looking up at Ebon shocked, Abby quickly started to shake her head. “B-B-But that’s ridiculous! That’s the same thing Eve said! I don’t want you, girls, to kill each other over me!” What was the point! She wasn’t worth their lives!

Growling as their back and forth started to circle back, a loud snarl silenced the shrunken teen as Ebon’s mouth flared brightly. “YOU ARE HUMAN! DON’T YOU DARE LECTURE ME ON HOW OUR KIND SHOULD BEHAVE!” Trembling timidly now, the smaller girl started to shrink away as she saw the angry expression the Dragoness wore.

“B-But… I’m… I’m not worth this fighting. I can’t stand it!” “I don’t know what happened between you and your dogs… but to them you are. A Hominal or Beastial will do whatever they have to for the one they deem a mate. It is an honor if it’s a human like you! DON'T DISGRACE HOW WE LIVE!” She snapped.

Feeling even smaller as she was talked down to, the little brunette hung her head now as Ebon’s words festered in her mind. ‘Was… I wrong to tell them to stop fighting over me…?’ Eve had told her that their fighting was natural… but, she didn’t want to hear it. Perhaps, that’s why they had left her.

Should she have said nothing?! But they would have killed each other! And Ebon seemed to think that was how it should be?! It was… “It’s barbaric…” Walking up the long tunnel that led out of her domain, Ebon huffed quietly as she continued to hug her little treasure into her.

“It’s nature. Let it take its course. Don’t fight it. The strong will take what they want regardless. You should be thankful it’s just your love and not your life she wants. If Eveline wanted to, she could have killed you or anyone else in these caves to get what she wanted. Only me or Najia would stand a chance of stopping her. But as of right now… she’s stronger than me…” Ebon snarled.

She knew why to… but, she couldn’t stand the taste. Unlike her. When Najia awakened, that would change. She just needed her Energy. She couldn’t keep sustaining her and Ivy without it. “Hold on a second… did, you just call yourself a Beastial earlier…?”

Looking down at Abby with indifference, the Dragoness raised her brow before giving the brunette a small nod. “Yes? I thought you knew the differences of our kind. Or are you still an ignorant pup…” She growled. Gawking now at the new revelation, the smaller girl quickly shook her head. She had been so caught up by the Dragoness' former statements that, that had completely slipped her mind.

“Of course I didn’t know that! YOU’RE TALKING TO ME LIKE EVERYONE ELSE! I thought Beastial’s couldn’t talk normally!” Sure, the child’s grammar was off from time to time, but it never occurred to her it was because of that! She was still leaps and bounds above Amy when it came to how she could speak.

Flicking her tail in agitation, Ebon quietly started to growl before lifting up one of her claws for the shrunken girl to see. “I have jagged teeth, sharp talons, scales along my body, horns and a tail! What about that speaks Hominal to you?!” She snapped angrily.

Shaking her head in dismay as it just now dawned on her, the smaller girl soon began to smile. “Wow… I guess I should have assumed. It's just that, you can speak so, naturally. Nya can’t say anything and Amy can barely get sentences out, let alone a coherent one. I just figured you had to be a Hominal since you weren’t…well… you know.”

Sighing as she tried to find the right words, Abby hung her head in shame before sighing herself. “Look, I’m sorry Ebon. I didn’t mean to offend you. If anything, I’m even more impressed! From what I’ve been told not many Beastial can speak. It just means you’re more intelligent than a lot of others of your kind.”

Trying to ignore the praise, the scaly child looked away. It was in her nature to enjoy it... But that didn’t mean she would. “It’s only natural to understand something when you hear it for years. When I was held captive by you humans, it was spoken every day. And once Najia rescued me she used your language to until my own started to fade away.”

Nodding her head in understanding, Abby still couldn’t help but smile. “Even so, you have much better grammar than most children your age! Usually for us humans, our young can’t speak well until their about eight or nine years old.” “So what?”

Furrowing her brow now, the confused look Ebon gave her back left the smaller girl quizzical. “Well, you’re a child. I just meant you’re more advanced than most in that regard. How old are you anyway? I know that I can’t use Human age as a standard for Hominal and Beastial since theirs a gap of difference for them.” She was curious herself more than anything.

Eve looked like she was six years old but in actuality, she was nineteen. And the same with Casey who was only eight, but had the maturity of someone in their late teens… sometimes. Was Ebon any different?

Walking in silence as she thought about the brunette’s question, Ebon scowled as she tried to think back. It had been a while… and age was trivial to think about really when you lived the life she had. It didn’t matter what age she was to herself. “I suppose, I’ve witnessed forty-seven seasons. So, for you humans, forty-seven? Ivy has witnessed twenty-three in turn. Why, are you looking at me like that?”

Choking on her own breath as her mouth hung agape, Abby’s eyes were wide in surprise now as she tried to grasp what Ebon had just told her. “YOU’RE FORTY-SEVEN YEARS OLD?!” “Give or take, yes?” “B-B-But you look like a little kid!” Wincing as the child… err, adult? Whatever she was snarled back at her, the Dragoness glowered in annoyance as her tail began to beat against the ground frantically.

“If it will shut you up, then think of our ages in increments of ten or so of your own, human. This is what Najia told me at some point in time. Now stop asking me useless things! We’re almost at the end of my tunnel.” She grumbled. Just because she would tolerate the human didn’t mean she wanted to openly talk with her. It was beginning to irritate her…

Letting this new knowledge sink in, Abby just shook her head. ‘You’re all so amazing…’ The longevity of a dragon… it was mind boggling! If someone lived to see fifty then that meant Ebon could be five hundred years old! And that was just the start of it! She could take into consideration her body’s state of longevity or immunity to certain diseases! What if she was able to outlive them all! She could be living to her thousands! What a truly remarkable species!

‘You can stop praising her any time now Abby. If there should be anyone for you to admire, then look no further. After all, I am immortal. Fufufufu~.’ Stiffening, the teenager’s eyes widened again before her face broke out into a wide smile. “Eve!” She hadn’t heard from her all day!

Coming out of the darkly lit tunnel as the three of them emerged in the commons, or at least what she assumed was since the fluorescent fungi that littered the caverns was abundant again, Abby was greeted with the sight of both Ebon, and Casey! They had both come to see her!

“WHAT THE HELL?! GET YER SIS OFF OF HER YA SCALY BITCH!” “Simmer down Ragdoll… She’s in no danger. Right, Ebony?” Coming to a stop in front of both glaring Hominal, Ebon matched their intent as she lifted Ivy up into view. “She’s alive… But bark at us again and that might change. Ivy gets startled easily…” She warned earning angry looks from both Eve and Casey in turn.

“H-H-Hey! Don’t fight, please! I’m fine you two! I’m… just... stuck…” Giving the shrunken girl a deadpanned look, Casey leaned down now before scowling back at the angry looking toddler Ebon was carrying. “And how the hell did that happen?! Ya, trip an fall in her mouth! Come on, get her out of there already!” Twitching her claws as she was ordered around by the Dullahan, Ebon’s reptilian eyes narrowed before she brandished her claws towards her. “Command me again and see what that gets you! If I could remove her myself then I would have! You’ll just have to wait until Ivy gets bored with her unless you want your plaything back with one less part!”

Gritting her teeth, the headless girl was about to retort back until Eve’s hand waved in front of the redhead silencing her much to both Ebon and Abby’s surprise. “No need to start anything girls. We’ve been fighting long enough. And dear I say, that our guest has brought it to all our attention's that we should play along nicely from now on. So, will this suffice to end our quarrels?”

Lifting up her hand, everyone including Ivy soon jumped in surprise as the smaller teen suddenly found her way onto the little Vampiress’ palm. ‘What the hell?!’ Looking around in shock, Abby’s eyes soon fell on the older blonde as she smirked back down at her. ‘I told you if you seek to give praise, then give it to me~.’

Smiling softly before breaking out into a burst of quiet laughter, the little brunette rubbed the back of her head sheepishly before looking over her shoulder at the pair of Dragons, or at least at the one cooing at her frantically. “I guess I should have expected that. Sorry to disappoint you, Ivy. I promise we’ll play again sometime… if Ebon’s alright with that.”

Waving to the toddler as she pawed at her in the air weakly, the older Dragoness simply scoffed before lifting the little pup onto her shoulder so the smaller girl wasn’t in her field of vision anymore. “I wouldn’t count on it… Now, leave us alone. I won’t hunt your human down anymore. And in return, never… threaten her again!” Ebon snarled as her hands held Ivy closer.

Frowning back at the volatile girl, Eve simply closed her eyes before nodding her head. “If my treasure is safe, then so is yours. We’ll be leaving now. If you should need anything from any of us, you know where to we’ll be.” Eve muttered indifferently, before turning to leave.

Watching as both Hominal and human began to walk away, Ebon scoffed herself before heading back to her own chambers. She didn’t care. As long as Najia awakened like the little human said she would, then their business was finished.

 

Now, it was just a matter of if the Kitsune awoke at all, less the promise Abby had given her was a lie all along…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Awkward… embarrassing… uncomfortable…

 

What other words could she use to describe her predicament?

 

Sitting cross-legged atop the little Vampire’s palms as she was carried gingerly, both Eve and Casey had grown eerily silent after they had departed… and it was really putting the teen at unease. ‘I guess they’re still upset with me…’ How long would it take for them to talk to her?

Seeing a strange twitch come from Casey, Abby frowned wanting to ask what was wrong, but… she wasn’t sure if she was supposed to say something first. Not including what had just happened… they had departed on mixed terms. So, someone had to break the mold…

Glancing over to the Dullahan, Eve’s crimson eyes met with Casey’s jade ones before they silently nodded. “If you wish to talk… perhaps now would be a good time.” “Y-Yeah… we were just kinda waitin till we got back to the boyd’s place. You wouldn’t believe the hysterics she’s been makin since ya left her, heh… heh… heee…”

Shooting the redhead, a deathly glare, Casey quickly became mute causing the regal Vampiress to simply sigh. Why would she mention something like that at a time like this! “Before you sulk and pout, what happened with Ebon is not your fault or concern Abby. You did what you thought right, and now, you’re safe. Young Kari will surely calm upon seeing you, and everything will go back to the way it was. So be, at, ease.” Eve whispered succinctly as she felt the horrible feelings of guilt radiating off the smaller girl.

She didn’t want her to be sullen and depressed with what they were going to soon share with her. Nodding weakly, the brunette pulled her knees up to her chest before shivering as she felt a small gust of fragrant wind blow over her. ‘F-Fruity…’

Looking over her shoulder weakly as she saw Eve’s pursed lips gently blowing on her, the little Vampire quietly smiled before flashing her a grin. “Better?” “Y-Yeah… thanks. What, did you do?” “Nothing at all. You just like me~.”

Blushing, the shrunken teen looked away sheepishly before her attention was brought back by Casey as the headless girl cleared her throat. Loudly. “Well then… now that ya two had yer moment… didn’t ya have something ta say? E-Eve.” Casey bit out earning a scowl in return from the shorter girl.

“I was getting to that! Rag… C-Casey.” Scowling at each other, both huffed before shifting their eyes over to the confused teen. Was something going on? And... why were they using each other's real names? They never did that before. Pulling out one of her hands that had rested beneath the shrunken human, the older girl rubbed the bridge of her nose before taking in a deep breath through her nose before exhaling slowly.

In all her insight and clairvoyance… it really had come to this. But… there was no going back. Not after what she had just done with Casey. ‘Ready?’ Seeing the redhead blink a few times before nodding, Eveline licked her lips, before looking back down to meet the trouble teens eyes.

“Before we begin. Both I and, Casey… would like to offer you our sincerest apologies, Abby. For all the trouble and turmoil we’ve caused you… you were right. You’re not one of us.” Eve mumbled before looking back over to the redhead as she wore an equally apologetic expression.

Blinking as she heard the heartfelt words from her colossal guardian, Abby was about to speak up and apologize as well before a finger was pressed into her lips cutting her off before she even began. “What Ebon and you discussed earlier, is irrelevant. And frankly, you shouldn’t take advice from someone like her, when it comes to the matters of love.” Eve whispered softly.

Staring up at Eve in surprise, the brunette shifted her gaze away. Of course, she knew what they had been talking about before she was given back to the two of them. She always knew what was on her mind. Feeling the older girls finger removed before it gently stroked her head, both girls’ eyes met once more as she saw a heartwarming smile being returned to her.

“Ebon’s way of thinking is one that we all share. But, yours is the one we should have considered in the first place. You are not, a Hominal. Nor, a Beastial. And to you, fighting to prove our love must seem… How did you put it… Barbaric?” Clicking her tongue as she said the word, the regal blonde shifted her bloody eyes over towards the headless girl as she stood with crossed arms.

“Is there anything you would like to pitch in?” Rubbing her forearms weakly, Casey’s eyes remained stationary as she tried not to look at the shrunken teen, her embarrassment over what had happened evident from her posture. She didn’t want to say it since it went against everything, she had been taught… but, if it was for Abby…

“I-I… I’m sorry for bein such a sod… Damn it all! I shoulda been able ta see how much ya hated it when I taunted to boyd leech… I-I mean, Eve… s-sorry. Can ya forgive me…? Please?” Staring back at Casey now as the younger girl wore an almost painful expression, one dripping with shame and regret, the brunette quickly nodded.

“O-Of course I forgive you two! I, know why you did what you two did. I never hated you for it! Please don’t think that! I… I just can’t except you harming one another… just because of me.” Nodding in understanding now, Eve simply sighed before looking back at the Hominal beside her now.

“It’s easy to get caught up in the moment. I more then anyone know this to be true. So, with her apology, I give you my own. And also, a promise to, that for the rest of our time together, neither I nor Casey will partake, in our previous actions. We’ve come to an agreement. And, our fighting shall cease… at least physically. Some habits might be harder to break than others…” The blonde muttered.

Looking up at the little Vampire in surprise now, Abby quickly shifted her gaze to Casey before the redhead nodded back to her. “Aye, she’s tellin the truth. We won’t start none with each other. An we won’t go pissin either… well, we’ll try not to at least…” It was hard enough to call the little bat by her name as is.

Quickly looking back and forth as she saw the resolute faces of the two larger girls, a small smile broke out one the teenagers face. This… was better news then she could have hoped for. It turned out, she had been worried for nothing. They weren’t angry with her.

“So, with that out of the way… We would now like you, to reconsider your prior statements as well.” Eve muttered drawing back the brunette’s attention in an instant. Looking up at the little Vampiress as she came to a dead stop alongside Casey, the smaller girl soon began to frown.

Not again…

 

They wanted her to consider them as mates again, and eventually to pick one of them as well. This was going to circle around all over again. Lowering her eyes as she knew what to do, the shrunken girl was about to tell them both no for a second time, before Eve’s voice quickly interrupted her.

“B-Before you give us an answer, can, we show you something first, Abby?” Eve quickly interjected, a panicked expression clearly present over her features. Blinking a few times by the regal girl’s sudden outburst, the smaller girl silently nodded. Was she trying to persuade her or something? She had to already know what her answer was going to be.

Wincing for being caught red-handed, the vampire's eyes fell to Casey, as the headless girl lifted said head off her shoulders before moving it towards the shorter blonde. “Aye… before ya say anythin… Just, watch!” Casey sputtered out embarrassedly, her cheeks growing a bright rosy hue in the process.

Looking back at Eve and Casey as they looked at each other, the shrunken girl didn’t know what to expect really, before both her eyes and her mouth suddenly shot open as Casey thrust her head forward, into Eve forcing their lips together as they kissed.

 

‘What… the hell…’

 

WHAT THE HELL WAS SHE WATCHING?!?!?!

 

Clenching both their eyes shut as Casey’s arms trembled alongside Eve’s wincing face, both girls continued their mutual kiss for about ten seconds before they broke away in a hurry, bright red faces soon greeting the dumbfounded teenager as her brain tried to relay to her just what the fuck that was!

Licking her lips momentarily as she tried to rid herself of the foreign taste that rested over her own, Eve’s crimson eyes glowed as her emotions ran rampant through her. “That… is what we need to talk to you about, Abby… Before you tell us yes or no to what we want… first, we simply ask… that you hear us out.” She whispered.

 

They had a lot of explaining to do…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

~ A few hours earlier ~

 

 

‘How has it come to this… I had everything I needed… No, I… I messed up one too many times… What, did I do wrong…?’

 

Walking at a staggering pace as her legs took her away from anyone and anything that would disturb her, Eve’s eyes glowed brightly in the darkness around her as she dragged Casey’s body behind her, the Dullahan’s head still firmly grasped by her hair as she took them booth somewhere away. Away from what had just occurred. Away from… Abby.

Seeing absolute darkness as she reached one of the random dead ends of the massive network of tunnels, they called their home, the little Vampire tossed the younger girl to the wall opposite of her before dropping her head onto her motionless lap.

Falling back into her own corner, the older girl slouched before falling onto her butt as she slid into the dirt. ‘I’ve ruined everything…’ Hanging her head, Eve’s eyes shifted towards the headless girl as she saw her remaining still. She hadn’t even moved to collect her head where she had dropped it.

It wasn’t like she hurt her that bad. She could have walked… But, in the end, they needed to both be here. And it didn’t look like the child was in any shape to converse at the moment. Sighing, the older girl crossed her arms before resting her head against the rocks behind her.

“Food, comfort, love, affection, protection, romance… I can give her everything. If she wanted riches, I could acquire it. If she wanted to help more of those ungrateful humans, I could assist her in any endeavor she wished. If she wanted… immortality, I could bestow it to her with my very own blood... I can give her anything she could ever possibly want… and she said no… I truly am a fool!”

Banging her head into the rocks, Eve felt tears come to her eyes as she saw the many different possible futures she had been wishing for, shatter right before her very eyes. She had been so focused on achieving her goal, that she failed to realize she was driving it farther and further away with her very actions. After all, she had underestimated the thorn in her side that had bled her every step of the way.

Glaring over at Casey, the older girl grit her teeth before shaking her head. “I… I could have given her EVERYTHING! Why do you refuse to let me be happy?!” She could have made, her Abby, happy too. Seeing no reaction once more, the blonde simply banged her head back into the rocks before screaming, her voice echoing out long and far throughout the winding caverns.

Keeping up her shriek till her breath ran out, Eve began to pant before shaking away the lines of tears that had now fully formed. ‘You wanted me to find a purpose Najia… and I did! And… she doesn’t want me…’ It was cruel. It was so, very, cruel…

 

“I… I… I-I could have… too…”

 

Shifting her eyes back to the battered girl as her hands slowly began to creep towards her head before she pulled it close to her heart to hug it, Eve simply snarled before shaking her head. “You’re poor… you don’t have any worthwhile skills… you’re foul-mouthed, rude, brash, and a burden on everyone! So… how… h-how did you make her love you to…?” Eve whimpered out shrilly.

Weaving her fingers in and out of her burgundy locks, Casey’s face remained pressed into her as she cried softly. “I… I didn’t pretend. I didn’t act like I was somethin I wasn’t. She… Storeen… She’s just that special…”

Turning her head around so she could meet the Vampire’s eyes, the Dullahan continued to cry before she made her hands shake her head. “She just did! She liked me… when no one else did! Abby doesn’t need riches! She doesn’t need clothes! She doesn’t need a bunch of fancy shit, err food, err… anythin like that! She just wanted us ta get along ya fuckin eejit!”

Crying alongside the screaming child, Eve silently nodded. For a girl with a head off her shoulders, it seemed even she could see it too. “She didn’t want anything in return… but to make us both happy. Because that’s who Abby is… And now, we’ve shattered our chances of her taking one of us as her mate. How, vexing…”

Breaking down in a fresh wave of tears Casey pulled her head back into her chest as she began screaming muffled profanities. But, as much as the blonde would love to comment on her foul mouth… she couldn’t help but agree with her this one time.

They had to fix this. And, it was going to be very painful. Closing her eyes as she tried to focus on what she still knew, the Vampiress took in a deep breath before clearing her mind. In the past, when she did this, she could see the thousands of outcomes presented to her. But now… there was no more than a handful. And, only one reached what she wanted… or more, what they, wanted. 'Our... our last chance...'

Cracking her eyes back open as her stomach churned, the older girl wretched internally at the thought. ‘It’s the only way…’ And, she could see beyond just this outcome. In many, as hard as it seemed to believe, she was actually… happy about it.

Perhaps she was truly being too judgmental. But there was only one way to find out. “Casey… look at me.” Sniffling into her chest, the younger girl ignored the older Hominal, before it dawned on her that she had called her by her real name.

Turning her hands around so she could stare at the Vampire, or at most her eyes since she couldn’t see in pitch black like her, Eve’s voice echoed out once more, thoroughly drawing the younger girl’s attention. “What would you do if you could still become Abby’s mate? How much, are you willing to go through?”

Was, this a trick question? Not even waiting to think about it, Casey grit her teeth before wiping off her tears. “I’D GIVE ANYTHIN! I’D GIVE HER MY LIFE IF I HAD TO!” What kind of a dumbass question was that?! She would do whatever it took to be with Abby… just so long as it made her Storeen happy…

Hearing the emotion in the younger girl’s voice, Eve closed her eyes, before nodding in silence. “Then we’re agreed. Any sacrifice is worth it for her. So, I’ll ask you now, only once. I know of a way… where we’ll both be happy. And if I’m correct, so will Abby. Will you really do anything, to reach this point? If we do this, there won’t be any way for us to go back…” She warned.

Staring across from her almost as if she was looking at the devil herself, Casey clenched her fists tightly before making her head nod. “I don’t care what it is! If Abby is happy… and, we can be together… then I want it! B-But… she already said that she won't mate with either of us…” The redhead mumbled. It was pointless. Once her Storeen made up her mind… that was it.

Nodding in turn, Eve softly sighed before crawling to her feet. “You’re correct. She doesn’t want to choose between us. And that simple reason is that she knows one of us will be upset upon whomever she picks. So, to put it simply, we just have to remove that choice for her so she won’t have a reason to deny us anymore.”

Blinking slowly as the cogs in her head began to turn, Casey furrowed her brow now. That didn’t make a lick of sense. “If this was yer way of sayin yer gonna off me so you can have her all to yerself, that’ll just piss her off more ya dumbass.” “THAT’S NOT EVEN CLOSE TO WHAT I SAID, YOU BRAINLESS TROGLODYTE!”

Grinding her teeth in anger already, the older girl took a deep breath to calm herself before corralling her anger. It took a special kind of obnoxious to make her angry. And Casey seemed to be the ringleader to the minute group of individuals who were capable of this. 

“Let me break this down on a finite level that even you can comprehend! If Abby does not wish to choose between us, then let us simply remove that choice for her. We want a mate, she is the mate. And, we will be, hers.” Eve finished, her hands accompanying her words as she tried to explain it to the child.

Blinking once more, Casey simply shook her head. “Ya can’t be spoutin what I think ya are… We can’t, just share her. SHE AIN'T AN OBJECT YA BLOOD-SOAKED CUNT! She can only have one mate!” Rubbing the bridge of her nose, the older girl sighed before pacing back and forth. This was going to be a long conversation no doubt. And talking for prolonged periods of time with the redhead was not something she relished the thought of.

“When one of our kind takes on a mate, it is for life. The bond shared is only sharable once, and when given, irreversible. This is a fact. But… just because we can’t mate more than once… doesn’t mean, another can’t. You forget… Abby is Human. She isn’t bound by this practice. While we can mate with her, she has no way to mate with us back. Meaning, that any number of Hominal or even Beastial god forbid, can mate with her. Do you understand now?”

Letting the older girls’ words sink in, Casey simply frowned. She had heard of this before actually. Some wild Beastial would mate with the same human they had acquired in the wild. This was done mostly since mates were hard to find for a lot of species. But it still involved mating with the same person.

Moving her head onto her shoulders before her shadow came out to coil around it, Casey looked up at the towering Vampire as she stood over her. “What yer sayin is blasphemy! Hominal don’t share mates! We ain't Beastials! This’ll never work! Plus... I won't let ya near her! Yer a danger to my Storeen by just yer very presence!" Casey screamed in anger.

Tapping her foot irritably, Eve closed her eyes before huffing. “That is your pride speaking for you! I saw this too and I spat at it! I didn’t want to share my Abby with the likes of you! And now, look where it’s gotten me! Let alone you.” Eve snarled hatefully.

Biting her tongue as she felt the blondes point driven home a little too hard for her liking, Casey inevitably lowered her head. “It’s not gonna work… we hate each other’s guts. Ya spat at me when we first met and we’ve never seen eye to eye. Ya really think Abby will be happy about that?! She doesn’t deserve us… She deserves much better then we can give her…” Casey mumbled bitterly. No matter how much they tried to make it work, it just wouldn't! Not if it involved them getting along.

Kneeling over the child, Eve’s eyes softened before she moved her right hand forward. “She deserves the best. And we can give it to her. But first, we’ll have to change ourselves, before we’re ready for her. So... let me be the first, to say... that I'm sorry..." Looking up at Eveline in shock now, the redheaded Hominal couldn't believe what she had heard. The bloodsucker had never talked to her like that before, let alone given her an apology of any kind! but... did she really think just saying sorry would make up for all the years of torment and spite she had been slinging her way?!

Growling, Casey leaned up more so she was level with the blonde girl before shaking her head. "Yer full of shit! Ya don't care about what I think! Ya just want Abby! But I won't let that happen! Even if I gotta be denied myself, I won't let ya have her! You'll grow bored of her... ya'll spit on her like ya do everyone else! FOR FUCK'S SAKE, YA CAN'T EVEN LOOK NAJIA IN HER FACE AND THANK HER FOR WHAT SHE DOES FOR US ALL! And you think, I would let ya do that ta Abby too?! I'll... I'll never let that happen!"

Looking back at Casey somewhat speechless by what she had just heard, the older blonde lowered her crimson eyes before closing them altogether. She understood. But the redhead needed to know too. "Casey... I... I truly am sorry. I'm sorry, for everything..."

Standing back up and turning away from the glaring child, Eve's eyes shifted around as she looked towards cracks in the wall she had made. "For the longest time... everything you've claimed has had merit. And perhaps, you would be correct in how I would have treated Abby too... in the past. But I've changed. You may not realize it... but I have. And Najia knows it too. So, don't base this decision off of the old me. Think about what I've done since you've seen me again and since Abby came here!" Eve cried.

Watching as the blonde trembled from her own words, Casey held her glare but said nothing. To say that there was a change in the blonde... was something she might actually believe after all. Even if she remained as arrogant as she had always been... something was definitely different ever since she had shown up to save Abby earlier that week...

Panting softly, Eve gently shook her head before clenching her fists. "I'm not perfect. I never thought I was! I... I just couldn't stand it... I couldn't stand being here... with others like me. But, Najia has taken great care to help me work through my past issues. And, I've overcome them. All, of them. And now, I want to take on my Masters greatest wish. But only you can help me do this Casey." Eve whispered.

Turning back to the surprised redhead, the little Vampire kneeled down on one knee before bowing her head, an act alone that Casey had never heard of from a Vampire. What, was she doing...?

Swallowing her pride, Eve quietly shook her head before looking back into her fellow Hominal's eyes. "I, am not the old me. and the new me care's deeply for Abby. And I can tell that you do too. I should have taken that into consideration... but, I was blinded by what I wanted. So now, we're at this impasse. I will never... EVER... do anything to make her sad. I will never betray her trust! I will never cast her aside and grow bored with her! I, LOVE, her! So, don't claim that I will simply toss her away or cause her harm! I've been putting my life on the line every day to make sure she's safe! As have you..." Eve whispered sternly before standing back up as she towered over the speechless child.

She had to know, and now it was up to her to decide. Lowering her hand back towards Casey, Eve's eyes glowed a bright shade of red before her lips parted to show the Dullahan her petite fangs. "So with that out of the way, I’ll say it again… what will you give to become Abby’s mate? As for me... I'll give up anything, or pay any price. What say you? If you truly love her as I, then prove it! What will you give to take her as yours?”

Staring up into the glowing bloody pools in front of her, Casey felt her heart sink. Was this real? No… She said it herself. But... what if she... hurt her... Feeling her former statements fall short as she thought about everything the Vampiress had done for her Storeen, Casey simply frowned. How could she trust her?

She wished Najia was here right now... When it came to decisions like this, she always weighed in. But... she wasn't here. But Abby was. And she still needed them, as much as they needed her. Taking in a deep breath, Casey's eyes hardened before her hand shot out to grasp the Vampire's own. “Anythin! I will give her, Anythin!” Even if she didn't fully trust the Vampire... if it was for her Abby, then any price was worth it! Just so long, as they could be happy together... Feeling her hand turned upright, Eve quietly nodded before the younger girl soon winced as she felt something sharp stab into her palm. “OWE! WHAT THE BLOODY HELL WAS THAT FOR YA CUNT?!”

Ignoring the screaming child, Eve lifted her fingertips up towards her mouth, before her tongue hung out in front of them hesitantly. To do this… made her whole-body quiver in disgust. But it was the only way. ‘For you, my Amore.’ Sucking on her digits, as she ingested the redhead’s blood, Eve’s eyes shined brightly before she cringed. She could feel her. She didn’t like it. She really didn’t like it.

 

“The pact is made. Now, if you want to be one with Abby like I am… it’s your turn.”

 

Growing silent as she looked up at Eve with a questioning gaze, the Dullahan’s eyes were soon ushered to her hand as she began slitting open her own palm. “The fuck… what the hell is this…?” Moving her bleeding hand towards Casey, Eve grimaced.

“A contract. I’m making you my familiar Casey… so both of us will be bonded together. In order to mate with Abby, we need to prove that we’re willing to move forward and forge a friendship together. And this can be done, by us becoming bound to one another. We’ll… We’ll become mates, alongside our Amore. Now drink. You said you’d do anything!” Eve snarled.

Feeling her body shivering, Casey’s eyes vaguely made out the older girls hand as she heard the soft dripping sound of her blood falling onto the cavern floor. ‘I-I… I can’t… That’s not what I said…’ She wanted her to be her fucking pet! Like hell!

'You wouldn’t be my pet. It would be the same as it is for both Emma and Ella. Are you saying that you won’t do anything for Abby then? Because if not… any chance of this succeeding will vanish. Is your pride worth more than her love? I sacrificed mine... now, will you do the same?' Gawking as her mind was somehow invaded, the redhead looked back up at Eve as she wore a face of indifference back at her.

“With your blood, I’m bound to you. And with mine, you’ll be bound to me. This is your only chance, to help me build the bridge that’s divided us. And it’s the only bridge, that can possibly reach Abby after the rift we've created. Do you think I would do this if there was any other way? ANY OTHER, WAY?” Eve emphasized angrily. She was no more excited about this prospect than the redhead. They would essentially become the same person after they shared their blood. Even she only gave her blood to her familiars. She never took theirs to form as strong a bond as this would be.

Gulping, Casey’s eyes fell back to the Vampire’s bleeding hand as she wondered. ‘Can, this really make Abby take us on as her mates…?’ “Yes. But it’s not assured. I still see the chance of her saying no in the future. But it’s the only path left for us to take. You said you would give anything… were those just the words of a selfish child, or will you back them up? What is your answer… Casey?”

As silence traveled between them for a few minutes, the Dullahan soon reached forward before clutching the older Hominal’s outstretched hand. “If I can… I mean… If we can, have Abby back… Then so be it!”

Cringing as she felt the redhead lapping at her hand, Eve took in a deep breath as an onslaught of feelings soon began to overtake her. ‘It’s begun.’ Continuing to lick the Vampire’s blood in disgust, Casey didn’t really know what to expect… until her body began to heat up. To much… hot… it was, to hot!

Letting go of Eve’s hand, Casey’s eyes suddenly widened before she started to shake. “W-W-What, W-What’s, g-g-going, o-o-onnn…!” Falling to her side, the Dullahan suddenly began to convulse as Eve staggered back, in turn, both wearing a pained expression on their features as their blood, slowly started to meld together with one another's.

“I-It started! Try, not to scream too loud…” Eve whimpered before falling back into the wall behind her. Shuddering on the rocks beneath her, Casey’s eyes widened in pain before shrieking. HER WHOLE BODY FELT LIKE IT WAS BURNING FROM THE INSIDE OUT!

Crying loudly, both girls writhed in pain for a short while… until both suddenly stopped as they fell limp together. Panting in place, Eve’s eyes burned brightly as she felt the foreign blood's intrusion now settling into her own body. It was done. And they were now one.

 

“I’m a bitch…”

“You’re a bitch, ya… know… that…”

 

Leaning up slowly, Casey’s shadow fell away causing her head to come loose, but for some reason, it stayed in place. The same thing had happened to her dress as well, as it began to shred itself and fall away leaving her nearly bare as she tried to keep it together. Kneeling on the ground as her body vibrated and began to twitch on its own, the Dullahan’s eyes traveled over herself… as she studied her arms, with perfect clarity. She could see them… No, she could see everything now.

“What the… fuck… The hell did ya do to me? I feel…” “Stronger?” Blinking a few times, Casey frowned in uncertainty before clenching her fists, her shadow suddenly shooting out into jagged pillars as they bent around to her whim. They had reacted quicker, almost on their own really. Eveline was right.

“I guess so… What the hell is goin on? I feel… I feel, like a different person…” It was unsettling, to say the least. Leaning up much slower than the Dullahan had, Eve continued to pant as she tried to gather her bearings. “My blood… it joined with your own. But, even so… I didn’t expect your body to put up as much of a fight as it did. Christ… You really do hate me…”

Cracking a grin for the first time as she felt the sorry state the Vampiress was in, Casey stepped forward this time before extending her hand down to the shorter girl. “It ain’t obvious? And here I thought I was bein blunt, heh.”

Taking ahold of the redhead’s hand, Eve soon stood up on wobbly legs much to Casey’s surprise. She looked like a lil calf that just came out of her mother womb! Snarling at the headless girl angrily, Eve shoved the taller girl aside before taking a few staggering steps on her own.

“Shut up! I’m fine! Your blood is just weak! Since I had to take it in, my own blood needs time to accumulate it. So, compare me to a newborn again and I’ll toss your head for my *pets* to play with.” Eve whispered sweetly as she mocked the glowering girl.

“Tsk, so sassy. Ya sure you’re really an adult? Yer sure actin like the wee boyd ta me. Wait…” Blinking as she knew something new about the older girl, Casey had to frown now. “You’re older than Abby? The hell? Why the fuck do I know that… or, any of this other stuff?”

She knew a lot about the Vampire all of a sudden. She liked rainy days. The smell of fresh linens, the taste of aged red wine… no, she could practically taste it. It was like… ‘My memories are your own?’

Nodding her head, Casey frowned now. “Just what did this bond we made do… I feel… like I know ya better. No, it’s like I’ve always known ya. Damn that’s a scary thought.” “Likewise!” Eve snapped as she saw the memories of the redhead flooding around her mind. “You really need to change that foul dress. You’ve had the same one on since you were four!” “The hell does that have to do with anything?! Where did that even come from?!”

Sighing, Eve gently messaged her temple as she filed away all these new memories. It would take a copious amount of meditating to sort through them all and frankly, that sounded like a nightmare. “Suffice it to say, there’s no going back now Rag-… Casey. Take this time to feel for your new… everything. Bonding with another, let alone a Vampire, is near akin to mating. The feelings you feel, I feel. The thoughts you have, I have. When you speak, I hear it. And when I speak-.” ‘I hear ya, I hear ya. Sheesh, I’ve been watchin Abby have in ta deal with this for a week. Ya really think I can’t get the hang of it myself?’

Scowling as the redhead’s voice now invaded her own mind, Eve simply shivered before stepping forward once more as she tried to shake off the fatigue she felt. She could already tell this was going to be a colossal pain in her ass.

“If you’re done pitying me, then why don’t you try focusing those new senses I gave you, and tell me where Abby is now…” Eve muttered darkly as she began to walk away. The whole point of their pact was so they would both be able to be with Abby after all. Scowling, Casey thought long and hard about the little brunette before her eyes widened in surprise. She could feel her!

Feeling her lips beginning to twitch into a crooked smile, the redhead let out a soft whimper of happiness. She felt like she was practically connected to her now! ‘That’s because you are. Since you share my blood, you share my bonds. Now tell me where she is!’ Eve snapped mentally shaking off the previous feelings of joy the Dullahan was feeling.

‘Alright, alright… sheesh.’ She could figure this out. Keeping her eyes closed as she thought long and hard about the brunette, different feelings were slowly coming to her now. She felt, insecure? No… she felt, afraid. Opening her eyes up, worry soon overtook the younger girl.

“Abby’s scared… why is she scared?” “Wouldn’t you be if you were being carried off by Ebon?” Growing wide-eyed, Casey almost screeched as she ran forward to catch up with the hobbling blonde. “YA MEAN TA TELL ME SHE’S WITH THAT SCALY BITCH THIS WHOLE TIME?! WHY THE FLYIN FUCK DIDN’T YA SAY SO SOONER?! WE NEED TO GET HER BACK NOW!”

Growling under her breath as she was screamed at, Eve simply waved her hand silencing the redhead much to her shock. “Stop yelling at me! Abby is fine. I saw too that personally. Do you really believe that I wouldn’t put some form of protection over her while I’m not around?” The older Hominal snarled.

Prying at her lips as they remained shut, the shorter girl eventually waved her hands again when the redheads grunting became just as bothersome as her screams had been. Gasping loudly, Casey grit her teeth now before stomping loudly beside the slower girl as she continued to stagger.

“Don’t just shut me up ya cunt! We still need ta save her!” “No, we don’t. I can feel Abby’s emotions better than you can. She went with Ebon for a reason. And, she has to see this through. We’ll just be interfering if we barge into the den of that beast. Not to mention, I'm forbidden from going there in the first place. Have faith in her. I can feel your anxiety… I share it. But our Abby has overcome all of her obstacles until now, has she not?”

Gritting her teeth angrily, Casey clenched her fists tightly as her shadow overtook the walls around them thrashing before wildly. But, she could feel it too. What Eveline was saying, was all true… She could now feel her true feelings. And, they were everything she said they were... “Eve.” Blinking in confusion now, the older girl leaned into the tunnel wall beside her before taking a few deep breathes to regain her lost energy.

“Stop calling me Eveline… It’s just, Eve.” Looking back at the blonde in silence, a wave of understanding passed over the redhead’s mind as she felt the older Hominal’s emotions. “Alright… I get it. So, what should we do then, Eve?” Casey bit back.

Sighing as she stood back up, the Vampiress began walking once more as she made her way towards Ebon’s lair. “Simple. We go to meet our dearest Abby when she returns in triumph. And until then, take our time as well, to learn and understand one another better. We’re now one Casey. And it’s time that we lay to rest our past transgressions.” Eve whispered before extending her arm.

Feeling the intent coming from the shorter girl, Casey leaned down before letting the blonde drape her arm over her shoulder for support. “Alright… But if anything happens to Abby- ““I’ll take my own life after taking theirs!” Eve snarled before they two of them started to walk once more.

 

She knew what the risks were to leave their Abby alone with the likes of Ebon. But the reward would be worth it in the end. They just had to have faith, that Abby knew what she was doing. But they already knew the answer to that. So, faith had no purpose butting in.

 

‘We’ll see you again real soon, my Amore…’

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

~ Present ~

 

Sitting in absolute silence as she heard from both Casey and Eve what they had done, Abby was simply at a loss for words. ‘They can’t be serious…’ They hated each other! “That may be true…” “But we love ya more Abby.”

Looking between the two of them, the shrunken teen soon shifted her gaze up to Casey now as… a pair of glowing red eyes met her own. She could see it. The truth was there. Not to mention, how close they were now suddenly acting. But even seeing it, she couldn’t believe it.

“Regardless if you believe what we say or not, it is the truth. So now, we ask that you please reflect on your former statements, and… if possible, renounce them.” Eve spoke pleadingly. Nodding quickly Casey soon leaned down so her face was right beside the Vampire’s hands. “Please, Abby! Ya have no idea how much we want this. And… I can feel ya out now! I can tell ya want it to! We won’t fight! I swear it on me mum! We made a bond! S-So, there’s no reason ta say no now… r-right?”

Looking back at the headless girl as she spoke frantically, the shrunken girl looked back up at Eve now, but she could see the same frantic look on her face that had been on her own. What had they done…?

Lowering her eyes, the diminutive girl shivered weakly as she let it all sink in. She didn’t know a lot about Vampires, or even about the bond Eve had made with her in all honesty. But, what she did to Casey was permanent. She could tell that much from what the twins were like now.

‘T-They did it, knowing I might still say no…’ Those stupid girls! Now they were stuck like this! How could they not think it through first before asking her if she would accept it?! Wincing, both Eve and Casey shared glances to one another before the regal blonde softly sighed.

“We did this because there was nothing to go back to Abby.” Looking up at the older Hominal with mixed emotions, the blonde simply shook her head. “When you denied us both the honor of becoming your mate… it… broke us… What possible reason would we have not to do something that can rectify what we’ve done!”

Nodding slowly, Casey soon smiled before reaching forward to touch the shrunken girl. “It ain’t like the boyd didn’t tell me what I was gettin into. She told me everythin… mostly. I decided I wanted this. Ya got no reason to feel guilty over shit like this! So, stop it! Just bein able to feel what ya feel… is enough to make me happy.” She whispered out, a genuine tone of joy gracing the headless girls’ words as she stroked the human’s cheek. She felt like there was a much deeper connection now. One she didn’t even know she was missing out on before.

Feeling the love rolling off of them both, Abby continued to shake her head. They really went this far… just for the sake of her maybe saying yes?! “Of course!” “Naturally.” Picking up the teen so she could cradle her now instead, Casey whimpered before shaking her head.

“W-We’ll do anythin ya ask of us. B-But please, change yer mind. We promised not to fight! We even grew closer too! And… as far as we can tell, there’s no reason for ya to say no now. We love ya, Abby. So please, can ya just… say, maybe?” Casey pleaded.

Staring back at Casey as her blood-moon tinted eyes pierced her soul, the diminutive human lowered her head, as she wondered. ‘It’s, a privilege…’ Ebon’s words felt even stronger now. For all intense and purposes… she had changed the very lifestyles of two different species because they wanted to be with her. Why… WHY DID EVERYONE THINK SHE WAS SO SPECIAL?!

 

“BECAUSE YA ARE YA EEJIT!”

“Because you’re worth everything to us you daft girl!”

 

Looking up at the angry expressions of both Hominal, tears soon filled the smaller girls’ eyes as she softly cried. This love… She… she wanted it so badly. It was a feeling, that she never knew she needed until she met them.

Feeling a hand draped over each of her sides, the brunette didn’t even need to open her eyes to know too whom they belonged. They were different to each their own... and she loved the feeling of each of them equally. Lacing their fingers together, Casey and Eve shared a look before smiling back at one another.

“If you’re worth our lives… then why wouldn’t you think we would do this much for you? We just ask, that you give in, and accept it. Even if you still say no, there’s nothing you could do about it. We’ll still love you. And there’s no power on this godforsaken world that would change how we both feel for you, our Amore.”

“She’s right… I can feel her love for ya. It’s greater than anything else. And so is mine. The boyd can confirm it. We’ll take whatever steps we gotta to make you the happiest human in the world! So please… can ya make us the happiest Hominal to?”

Sniffling as she felt both Eve and Casey’s fingers gently stroking and rubbing her cheeks as she cried, the smaller girl smiled weakly. She didn’t deserve this. “YES YOU DO!” “YES YOU DO!” Laughing from their unanimous response, the brunette weakly opened her eyes, before her head gently began to nod on its own.

 

“I… I’m sorry… I’m so sorry… Can… I please, be both of your mates…?”

 

It was greed. She didn’t want to upset anyone… and now she got everything without making any sacrifices in return. She had to be the worst mate imaginable. Feeling a simultaneous flick from both giantess’ hands, Eve leaned her face closer to the brunette, before her lips soon parted into a vicious grin.

“Greed is good~.” Shuddering as her face was consumed by the Vampires lips, Abby sunk into the larger girl’s embrace, as she felt a warm feeling spread through her. ‘I-I missed, this…’ Keeping the smaller teen in place for a few more moments, the blonde eventually broke off her kiss before Casey’s face took Eve’s place.

“Heh… W-We did to… We’re sorry… so, let's make it up to ya now.” Kissing Abby herself, the Dullahan was a bit more forceful, but, the smaller girl was used to that by now. After all, both of them were different. And that was what she loved the most about each of them.

Quivering as she felt the brunettes love rolling off of her, Casey wanted to cry as she bathed in the emotions of the smaller girl. This was bliss! Feeling a hand placed on her shoulder however, the larger girl soon broke away as she heard the Vampiress’ voice echo out in her mind.

‘She’s still a Human Casey. Let her breathe.’ Panting softly, the younger Hominal blushed brightly before shaking her head. “S-Sorry! I… I just really missed that too!” Joining the larger child as she tried to catch her own breath, a crooked smile overtook the teenagers face as she felt Eve’s hands continue to gently stroke her.

As much as she loved how this turned out, the smaller girl soon felt worry overtake her, something both girls picked up on swiftly. “I-Is this, really alright you two? I… I don’t know much about your species… but, for humans… it’s frowned on to date more than one person. Its…” “Unnatural?”

Nodding timidly, Eve was the first to sigh before shaking her head. “It is definitely something our species have in common. Hominal do not mate with the same target of another’s affection. That being said… I dare you to point out what IS, natural about our, relationships together~, fufufu.”

Hearing the blonde’s melodic laughter, Abby shifted her gaze to Casey now as she saw an equally amused reaction. “The hell ya starin at me for? I hadn’t even kissed another till I met ya. As far as I know, we should be banging trees and singin shanties in the moonlight.” The redhead shrugged earning a glowering scowl from the shorter blonde.

“That, will not be necessary. I assure you both. Lets just put it this way, Abby. Even if the state of which we choose to be with you is unnatural, we will bare it, and any hardships it might bring forth, simply because, we’ll be with you.” Eve smiled.

Feeling the shrunken girl's worries falling away, both Eve and Casey smiled before leaning down again as they traded the smaller teen kisses. Giggling as her face was pecked back and forth, the brunette soon began pushing her two overly affectionate titans away as she smiled back at them warmly.

‘I guess… this means I’m your mate's now…’ She didn’t think it would happen anytime soon, let alone at all after that morning… but, it seemed fate had more in store for her then she had first realized upon coming here.

Blinking silently as the teenager’s thoughts passed through her mind, Eve shifted her crimson orbs away momentarily as she thought along the same lines as the smaller girl. Fate was something Najia brought up frequently in their travels. But she had never really put much thought into the matter. She didn’t believe in luck… or in Providence. But… how everything turned out since Najia returned with her wounds…

It almost felt like it had been guided by a greater force. Sighing as her mentors’ words haunted her even now, the little Vampiress quickly cast away her thought-provoking notions of higher powers aside as she shifted her focus back down the Abby.

“Well… as much as I’d like to continue this, and see just where it might lead us, I think we should probably get you back to Kari now. Casey did mention that she was worried for you.” Keeping her hands pressed into Casey’s lips as the redhead tried to sneak in another quick kiss, the smaller teen looked back up art Eve before quickly nodding.

She had almost forgotten all about the younger girl! She had to be worried sick! Cringing as her face was smacked by Casey as she gave finally got the extra kiss, she had been trying to give her, the Dullahan grinned cheekily before propping her hands behind her head.

“Alright, I guess we should see to the boyd. Maybe even convince her to change ya back now to~.” The redhead grinned before getting smacked upside the head by the little Vampire. “Abby has already chosen to remain as she is until Najia is awake and well. Do not be selfish!” Eve snapped as she tried to cover up the shrunken girls’ thoughts. Now that they were linked… it was only a matter of time till the younger girl learned that Kari had betrayed Abby… and that would surely upset everyone involved.

Watching as the older girl gave her a knowing smile, Abby silently thanked her. The last thing the little witch needed right now was Casey to get angry with her. She had already forgiven her for what happened after all. There was no point bringing it up again.

Hearing some whining complaints from the redhead as the blonde gave her back simple and short responses, the smaller teen simply sat in amusement before quietly shaking her head. No matter what happened now… it seemed like she had finally braved the storm, and that all of her obstacles until this point, were finally behind her.

 

Well, almost all of them.

 

Hearing the light bickering of banter coming from the two squabbling Hominal beside her, Abby simply grinned before giggling herself. She could deal with this at least.

 

 

To be continued~.

 

End Notes:

 

So, we finaly got to the point of the story some of you have probably been waiting for. Don't worry, theres more to come. And in case anyone asks, this was intended from the beginning, so I don't want anyone to think my decisions were swayed by comments. 

 

:P

 

Or, that the troubles over...

 

Bye~!

Dressing the wound... by Franchise Writer
Author's Notes:

Well, I didn't think I would be the one to post here, but due to multiple reasons, I've decided to.

Franchise Writer here, not Sterben Klein. After a long hiatus for this story, I've decided, that it's time that someone came back to finish it. I'm sad that it won't be both me and Sterben, but we haven't talked in over a year now.

I don't know why he stopped writing, or why he stopped messaging me, but I think, as unfortunate as it is, he no longer wants to write.

Due to this, I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue this or not, but after re-reading what we worked on for well over a year, it didn't feel right to just leave it without an ending.

So, I plan on writing just that. I know how the story ends. Or at least the intended way it was supposed to, so I'll be doing my best to keep to that, and closing this story once and for all.

Hopefully, my writing will hold up to Sterben's. I did more editing and brainstorming for chapters than I did writing them, but I'm hoping to his many fans you won't mind.

So, without further ado, on with the show.

Please enjoy.

 

 

 

 

‘It hurts… it hurts! I can’t, breathe!’

 

Her neck, it was on fire! She was burning alive! But, even with her mouth hanging agape, nothing could come out, as her air was taken from her lungs by force. Hanging in the air, as a painful hand held her suspended, the little brunette gargled and shook as she was hung by the creature before her.

Its black and furry fingers, sweltering her flesh causing burns to travel across her skin. The heat of its body, like painful rays of the sun showering her in its fiery fury. Its piercing hate-filled eyes. The bloody red eyes, of a Monster…

 

"AAARGH-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH!"

 

It’s cry, it wanted her. It wanted her, dead. It didn’t care, that she was just, a child. It wanted her dead. Clutching at the hairy black arm that held her suspended, the brunette soon felt pain spread across her fingertips to her arms forcing her to let go.

 

She couldn’t even touch it. Its very presence radiated hellfire… It was nothing short of a Demon. No one could stop it… nothing could… and, it looked like it got what it wanted… Closing her eyes as her vision grew blurred, the child began to fade out of existence, as her life was forcibly stripped from her, by the all-encompassing creature before her…

 

The last thing she saw, was its hellish face… sickly yellow canines… bloodshot furious eyes… matted black fur lit aflame… it was… it… was…

 

“STAY BACK! LET HER GO!”

 

Falling to the ground as she was dropped into the dirt beside her mother, Abby’s eyes wavered briefly, as something… no, someone else, stood behind the hellish Monster.

Watching as it waved its arms at it, both began to move away from her, leaving the little girl in pain, as she began to fall into unconsciousness…

 

“D-Da… Daddy…”

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


Jolting awake in an instant, Abby panted loudly as sweat rippled down her face. It happened again… 

 

Moving a quivering hand up to her forehead, the diminutive human rubbed her temple as she tried to calm herself. Her body was sweltering. Wiping away her sweat, the teenager looked around somewhat confused before she calmed upon looking up at the colossal face that rested beside her.

 

‘Good, I didn’t wake her this time.’ Smiling weakly, Abby’s hand extended before she lightly brushed Casey’s cheek, the Dullahan was still sound asleep after their prior night’s activities. Taking a deep breath and relaxing, the smaller girl leaned up weakly before closing her eyes.

 

‘Maybe I should tell Eve about these dreams…’ This was becoming a recurring thing for her. But she didn’t know why. She had never had night terrors like these. Though, perhaps it was nothing to be concerned with. Scowling as she knew that was probably not true, the teenager fell back into the overtly large pillow she had been sleeping on before closing her eyes once more.

 

‘Dad…’ She remembered him. With her eyes closed, she could remember his face… alongside her mothers. She had almost all but forgotten what they looked like, after so long. Moving her hand back onto the sleeping Hominal’s face, Abby stared back at Casey now before quietly shaking her head. 

 

‘I wonder if you’re both rolling in your graves knowing how I’m living now.’ She already knew what the people of Darrowford would say. Harlot. Luder. Monster… It made her giggle just to think about it. Smiling in amusement at the thought, the smaller girl took in a deep breath as she bathed in the redhead’s scent.

 

She couldn’t smell any sea breeze on her like Eve had claimed, but she had a scent unique to herself that she could associate with the younger girl. Giving the slumbering girl a small kiss, Abby calmed considerably as she saw an almost angelic smile fill the sleeping Titaness's face. ‘I wonder if she felt that.’

 

Sighing soundly as she felt her troubling thoughts beginning to leave her, the brunette shifted back under the Dullahan’s blanket before snuggling back up against her for warmth. She couldn’t tell what time it was but she knew that she was still tired. Perhaps a few more hours would wash away her troubling nightmares.

 

Perhaps…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

“This feels, kind of weird…” 

 

‘Waddya mean? The boyd bats always in yer head. Whys it gotta be weird when I do it?’

 

Chuckling dryly as she shared a mental conversation with her future mate and current guardian, Abby sat atop the giantess’s shoulder as the younger redhead made her way towards the commons. After they had woken up, they had gone about the morning as they usually did with the younger girl giving her stuff to eat before helping her with her… other, morning activities. 

 

Though, something had surprised them both. Unlike how they usually interacted, it seemed they were now connected in the same manner Eve had been with the brunette. When the shrunken human wanted something, Casey knew it. Or when she felt something, the Dullahan felt it too. 

 

She had grown accustomed to it with Eve since it had been prevalent since their first meeting… but, not with Casey. 

This would take some getting used to. ‘Heh, for the both of us I’d say. It’s like ya never shut up in my head! N-Not that I mind! I kinda like hearin ya this much. Ya sound… nice.’ 

 

Knowing the Hominal was probably blushing red, Abby smirked before leaning forward and giving the younger girl a small peck earning a flustered eep from her titanic… girlfriend? She still didn’t know what to call Casey just yet. Or for that matter Eve either. 

 

Normal things such as girlfriend or wife wouldn’t work, but neither would mate since they didn’t do whatever bonding they needed to yet for that to become a thing. ‘I wonder when Eve wants us to do that…’ ‘Same. I thought for sure last night would have been it! I’m still kinda pissed!’ 

 

Patting the younger Hominal's cheek, Abby quietly chuckled before shaking her head. “There’s no need to rush into this. Mating is supposed to be a one-time thing. Why try to force it just to have it? For us Humans when you marry someone, it's something sacred and celebrated accordingly. Don’t you think mating with the two of you should be too?” 

 

Pouting as the smaller girls’ words made perfect sense to her, Casey simply huffed before reaching up to pet the smaller teen. “I hate when ya make sense… Yer no fun…” She really wanted to mate already! Leaning into the giantess’ finger, Abby smiled in amusement as she looked up at the fluorescent fungi hanging from the ceiling. 

 

“Do you think we should check on Kari before we go to see everyone else? She was acting… strange last night.” Humming as she thought back to the night’s prior events, Casey simply shrugged. After they had met up with the young witch and calmed her down enough with Eve’s help, the toddler went from hysterics to… inaudibility as she started talking about something, she had read in one of her spellbooks. She almost sounded like she was speaking in another language with how quickly she was talking to them. Though, she seemed more focused on her work than on actually explaining just what the hell it was that got her in a tizzy. 

 

“Come to think of it, she did seem focused somethin fierce on whatever the hell she was doin. I guess it’s up to you, Abby. We gotta make a lot of stops for everyone, either way, today to feed the lot. If ya want to make a detour for the boyd, we can.” It was going to be a long day. 

 

Something else discussed the night before was also feeding everyone. For the Dullahan and Vampire, they were both rather sated, but most of the energy Abby had given out had been meager in comparison. From what Eve had told them all, each of the others would need another dose soon. If the brunette had been at her usual size, then just one session should have been enough for a week or so, but that wasn’t so much the case when she was in her doll-like state. 

 

“I guess we can. I need to find Nya anyways. She’s probably somewhere near Kari. But… shouldn’t I feed her too?” The little Witch had never taken any energy from her. Wouldn’t she become feral if she remained unsated for too long? 

 

Feeling a light tap on her head, Casey simply huffed as she turned the corner leading down to the younger girl's chambers instead of the Commons. “The wee boyd can’t handle essence Abby. Ya know that. She’ll be on fumes again in no time, but leave it to Najia to fix her. She can make something up the eejit can drink. It's how she always did it in the past. I think it was because of somethin her mum showed her like that. Conventional, ain’t in that brainless girls’ book of words when it comes to feedin.” Casey snarked before propping her hands behind her head. 

 

Sighing, the smaller teen quietly nodded before crossing her arms. Just because Kari didn’t like it doesn’t mean she could just ignore her hunger. “That’s what I’ve been tryin ta tell er!” Casey screamed before let out an airy sigh. 

 

“Either way, ya said Najia should be up and about soon, so leave the boyd to her.” Nodding in return, Abby soon smiled before reaching up and touching the redhead’s cheek again. “Even so… let's go check up on her. I think she might need to rest if she’s been up all night doing whatever it was, she wanted to do yesterday.”

 

The last time the younger girl had done that she passed out from Energy exhaustion. It would be bad if that happened again without a way of properly giving it back to her. Nodding her head weakly, the Dullahan simply paced on as she made her way to see her younger friend.

 

Hopefully, she wasn’t already on the verge of collapsing… again.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

 

“B-Bloody hell… what the fuck is wrong with ya, Kari…? Ya missin some screws again or somethin?!” 


Gawking, both Casey and Abby looked around in concern as they saw the botched way the toddler’s room now looked. Her large medicinal table was shoved far out of the way along with all chairs and just about anything else that was moveable leaving the largest space possible for what she wanted…

 

And what that was… was what troubled them. All across the ground, was paint of some kind as the little Witch sat dead center in a large circle of it that she had made. Both her hands had a red gooey substance sticking to them, and it even coated most of her face and clothes! WHAT THE HELL WAS SHE EVEN DOING?!

 

Walking forward as she stood outside the large ruined circle, both Human and Hominal looked around as they tried to make out the strange markings all placed down near-symmetrical distances from one another. ‘It looks… like a spell of some sort…’ 

 

She had seen something like this before, though not nearly as complicated as this one was when the sandy blonde had restored her destroyed room back together with her magic. So, that just left the question, what did this one do?

 

“Hey ya eejit! Are ya deaf or somethin?! What the hell are ya doin!” Casey yelled out at the younger girl, though her glowing magenta eyes never left the circle as she continued to scribe new ruins onto the stony floor, inaudible whispers escaping her lips every so often as she laced whatever it was, she was placing down with her mana. She was focused again. It was just like they thought.

 

Sighing in annoyance, Casey rubbed the bridge of her nose before attempting to walk over to the blonde, before Kari’s head shot up instantly freezing the Dullahan in her tracks. “NO STOP! DON’T TOUCH ANYTHING!” 

 

Wobbling on one foot badly, Casey winced as she looked where she was about to step. There was a ruin right beneath her hovering shoe. Giving the toddler a sadistic look now, Casey moved her foot closer before wiggling it. 

 

“Well, if ya care so much about it, then why don’t ya fuckin tell us what the hell it is so I wouldn’t have ta step on it in the first place!” It was the girl’s own fault! They had tried to ask her, but nooooooo. Why answer like a normal person when she could just ignore them like they weren’t even there! 

 

Standing up angrily, the little Witch hopped across her scribbles before standing in front of the older girl angrily. “I had to finish it! Don’t yell at me!” “I’LL YELL AT YA AS MUCH AS I PLEASE! NOW, ARE YA GONNA TELL ME WHAT THE HELL YER DOIN OR WHAT!” “I’M TRYING TO BUT YOU WON’T SHUT UP!” 

 

Watching as both Hominal soon butted heads together, Abby sighed before looking back at the vast circle of runes and scribbles Kari had created. This had to have taken her hours. “You haven’t gone to bed since last night, have you?” 

 

Shifting her angry expression away from Casey and over to Abby now, the little Witch blinked briefly before tapping her lower lip. “It’s morning already…?” “YES, YA EEJIT! NOW GO TO BED!” Raising her hand to silence Casey as she heard her usual brand of *concern* in her angry cries, the teenager took a much calmer approach to what was going on.

 

“Kari, can you tell me what this is? You tried to explain something to us last night but you were in near hysterics… I couldn’t figure out what it was you wanted to show us. But I’m guessing this is it… right?” Nodding her head up and down frantically, the child simply smiled now before reaching up towards the shrunken girl.

 

“It is! I-I was reading Najia’s spellbook last night when I was waiting for you… I-I wanted to go with Casey, but she said I had to wait here instead with Nya!” “And for good reason ya half-pint! The hell did ya plan to do, fly in ta Ebon’s den weepin all over the place?!” 

 

Wincing as her cheek was pulled by her diminutive passenger, the Dullahan cringed as she felt the anger radiating from her Abby. “Casey… Let, her, talk. Continue Kari.” Sticking her tongue out at the redhead, the little Witch huffed before pulling the shrunken human into her hands and cradling her. 

 

“A-Anyways… I was reading to try and calm down… and… I think I might have found something… for you.” Blinking a few times as she registered what the younger girl had just said, the brunette’s eyes slowly began to widen. 

 

“You mean, for, this…?” She whispered before waving to herself. Nodding up and down quickly, Kari whimpered briefly before looking back at the circle. “I… I don’t know if it will work or not… but, it should! I think…” 

 

Feeling her heart beat faster in her chest, the shrunken girl licked her lips as she felt, a foreign feeling pass through her. She could change back… Kari did it… Furrowing her brow as she looked between her friend and lover, Casey scowled now as the human’s thoughts began to litter her mind… and they weren’t ones she knew about.

 

“Hang on a second… Kari… Don’t tell me, you couldn’t change Abby back before now…?” Looking up at her friend in surprise, the little witch gulped before averting her eyes. Taking her friend's silence as an affirmation of guilt, the Dullahan’s eyes suddenly took on a red hue before she grit her teeth. She had lied!

 

“I… I can’t believe what I’m hearin! WHAT THE HELL IS- “Casey… not another word.” Falling silent as she heard the hostile tone from her Storeen, Casey stared back down at the shrunken girl as she saw her firmly glaring back at her. ‘B-But… she lied… to ya…’ 

 

Shaking her head steadily, the teenager kept her eyes firmly planted on the younger girls as her face told it all. “Kari came clean about what she did. And I accepted her apology already. There’s no point getting angry with her after I’ve already forgiven her. Plus, I’m going to give her a spanking when I’m returned to normal.” “YOU WERE SERIOUS ABOUT THAT?!” 

 

Staring back at the pair as Kari cried frantically back at Abby while the smaller girl made some swatting gestures in return, Casey simply leveled her gaze before sighing. ‘You’re both such a pain… jeez…’ She would have been angry, but they didn’t need to keep her in the dark about such an important matter like this! 

 

Giggling as she saw the pleading eyes of Kari frantically staring back at her, the teenager quietly shook her head before looking back up at her guardian apologetically. “I’m sorry Casey. I should have told you… I just didn’t want you two to fight over something as trivial as this.” 

 

Giving the shrunken teen a deadpanned look now, Casey leaned down herself before scoffing. “Trivial?! Ya can’t even pop a squat without help! I’d call that a lil more than trivial! Sheesh, yer both hopeless.” Groaning, Abby let out an airy sigh before looking back at Kari hopefully now, the little witch now somewhat calmer as the conversation took a turn from her behind being punished to her friend’s acceptance of the matter at hand. 

 

“So… about your spell…?” Blinking a Kari soon gasped before quickly nodding. Running into the circle (her feet careful not to smudge any of the markings she had scribbled out), the little witch moved her much smaller companion towards the cavern floor with a gentleness usually only she seemed to poses. 

 

Looking out now that she was on ground level, the brunette could only see runed marks all around her. It hadn’t been as apparent from up above, but they were layered. Some were higher than others. But, predictably, none made sense to her. ‘She can do all this, but she still questions herself all the time’? It was comical really… 

 

Stepping outside the line of the circle before staring down at her friend, Kari smiled hopefully before pressing her gloved hands down onto the bedrock. ‘P-Please… please work! Please just give it back to her! Even, if it’s just temporary…’ She deserved to have her size returned… She had done so much for them all… Even if this didn't fix her, it would still be enough. 

 

Breathing in deeply, as she tried to cause her breath to match the vibrations, she felt flowing through her, Kari soon nodded before her eyes glowed a vibrant magenta hue, the various runes all beginning to glow the same eerie light soon after. Cracking them open once she was sure, the young witch exhaled, before her eyes snapped open fully. 

 

“IMMADESCO… ANATHEMA!” 

 

Hearing her voice echo out around her, the younger girl's voice seemingly bouncing between the dozens of markings she had created all around her, Abby soon felt, an all too familiar feeling overtake her. Falling to her knees as her vision grew dark, the smaller girl winced as the hairs on her body raised. She could feel it… Feel, something. It felt, unnatural. But… it didn’t scare her. It was Kari’s magic after all… 

 

Raising her hands at once as her cry died off in the large chamber, Kari gasped before panting tiredly, her eyes losing their glowing sheen before returning to normal. She used it. She used it all! Every drop of energy she had remaining, was for Abby! 

 

Looking up as the blinding glow all around the human, began to slowly ebb away, all that remained was the usual glow that surrounded the cavern in its normal light. Did, it work…? She could see movement… coming, towards her…? 

 

Stiffening as something wrapped around her tightly, Kari all but froze up like a timid doe, before tears swelled up in her eyes. Shivering as she finally stepped forward once whatever weird magic her friend had used was fading away, Casey’s eyes widened before she shook her head. She did it. She was able to reverse it… 

 

Her body felt heavy. It was like gravity had hampered her in a way she didn't realize before she had been shrunken. And now, it was all returning. There was no pain, but it was a feeling that she never knew existed. And she was just as happy to have it since it meant she was restored to what she had once been... 

 

Clinging onto Kari as the young witch slowly began to sob, Abby’s breath came out labored, as her whole body quivered with a foreign feeling, she didn’t realize she had forgotten. She was normal. She had been grown back. More or less, it seemed. 

 

Looking at her forearms wrapped around the dirty blonde, the older girl could see, faint traces of a glow beneath her skin. Something had happened to her that was otherworldly… but as far as she was concerned right now… it didn’t matter. 

 

Leaning away from the crying girl, the teenager slowly began to smile as she once more saw Kari now back in her own body. Well, normal-sized one at least. It made her heartache, to know she had looked on at this face, and thought what she had before. 

 

‘K-Kari…’ Moving her fingers up before wiping down her cheeks from her tears, Abby softly began to laugh as more began to form on the younger girl. “D-Don’t… don’t cry. Not after this. Thank you, Kari…” Moving her hand back around the child before cradling her closer, the older girl couldn’t help but feel some tears of her own come out even after her words to the young blonde. 

 

Whimpering as she held onto the human in front of her, Kari sputtered and cried as she tried to talk… but, she just felt so happy! It worked! Abby was normal! Her spell had worked! She didn’t know if it would… She was worried it would have made things worse even! But it worked! SHE WAS NORMAL AGAIN!!! 

 

And… and she was hugging her… She didn’t hate her… for all the pain she had caused her because of this… 

 

“I-I’m… s-sorry… I’m sorry, it took… s-so long…” Kari whimpered. Feeling a grin spread over her face, Abby simply shook her head. “Don’t… don’t worry about it, Kari. You gave me the chance to meet all of you. That was worth it. It was worth, every minute of it.” Smiling even brighter as she heard more cries come from the young Hominal, the older girl looked up before staring back at her new friend’s face. 

 

“W-Wow… Y-You… You look, p-pretty… Heh… I guess, I knew ya would… but still…” Blinking slowly, Abby’s head came up, before looking behind her at Casey. The redheaded girl was wide-eyed with a bright blush dusting her features. Feeling her legs move on their own, as they had done when she had first hugged Kari, the brunette quickly ran over to the Dullahan before embracing her too… With, a bit of surprise of her own. 

 

Hugging the startled girl's head affectionately, Abby almost forgot, that it wasn’t attached… Looking down, before grinning apologetically, the older girl smiled as she cradled the gobsmacked Hominal’s head between her arms. “S-Sorry! I didn’t think, I was going to pull it off! H-Here!” 

 

Moving her prior guardian's head back towards her body, Abby eeped in shock as she watched her detached form suddenly fall to her knees. “C-CASEY?! W-WHATS WRONG?! CASEY!” Staring back at the younger girl’s face, the brunette's own… soon softened before a bright blush dusted her own. 

 

Panting loudly, the younger girl’s jaw trembled as weak whimpers escaped her lips. ‘What… is going on with her…?’ She had never seen a look like this on her face before! Was she going to cry?! Did she hurt her when she pulled her head off?! 

 

“A-Abby! G-Give her head back! Holding a Dullahan’s head is something only their mates do!” Kari called out as a panicked look came over her face. Furrowing her brow now, the teenager slowly began to blush before it dawned on her what she had just done. 

 

Looking back down at Casey’s face, with a bit more understanding now, it became glaringly obvious to the human, that she wasn’t in pain. Quite the opposite. Quivering on the ground as her hands ran over her own body in a caressing fashion, the headless girl never stopped panting as a euphoric expression traveled over her face. 

 

“I-I… I wanted… ta give ya it… w-when you grew, back… I-I never thought ya would just take it!” Casey whimpered. The happiness she felt right now, was beyond words she could even think of saying! Part of the reason, she always hated the twin’s Eve always had loitering around her was due to that simple fact. Giving your most precious possession to your mate for a Dullahan, was the ultimate sign of trust for their kind… 

 

Feeling a bit dirty now when she had meant to just hug her future mate, Abby’s face reddened further as she tried to give the younger girl her head back. “N-No… no, need… Ya… Ya can just, keep huggin it, r-right?! P-Please!!!” Casey sputtered out, her eyes wide with neediness the brunette had never seen her show before. 

 

Biting her bottom lip in contemplation, Abby inevitably nodded before pulling the happy girl into her. Hugging Casey’s face into her chest once more, the older girl smiled softly as she heard a muffled cry of joy from said Hominal. ‘I guess this is a thing…’ She would have to get used to doing things that might seem off to normal humans like herself. 

 

‘And what part of you would be considered normal, my amore? As far as I’m concerned… You are the pinnacle of what your race should be~. Fufufu~.’ Almost dropping the redheads… well, head… Abby soon turned around, already knowing where the voice was emanating. Even if it was in her mind, the one it belonged to usually made an entrance like this. 

 

Smiling lovingly as the same feeling she felt for Casey came back to her upon seeing who she had already expected to see, Abby shivered in delight, as she watched Eve strolling into Kari’s cave, a bright smile plastered to her features as her grin was wide enough to peak her fangs out. 

 

“Now, this… This was unexpected. I saw you regaining your former body. Najia was the one to do it. Very view futures had Kari be the one to do it. This is both wonderful, and somewhat concerning of a revelation. But, for now, it’s cause for celebration. I finally get to see my mate properly now~. O-Our, mate… I should say…” Eve corrected herself as she looked over to Casey. But it didn’t seem like she had a rebuttal for once. She was acting… a bit weirder than normal as her hands caressed and groped herself. 

 

Furrowing her brow, an understanding came over her as she latched onto the feelings the redhead was feeling. ‘Hmm, quite… graphic…’ Though, the blonde could say she felt similarly. Abby, for all intense and purposes, was in her prime now. And she was truly, breathtaking. 

 

Walking forward as her smile widened, Eve gazed up at the brunette for once as her grin grew tenfold. She could feel it. Feel her love. It was a feeling, the vampiress never knew she had needed to feel. Not until now at least. And almost certainly… not, from a human. But fate always had something in store, as Najia used to preach. And it most certainly did. 

 

Reaching a hand out for her, Eve smirked as she felt the younger human wanting to hug her. But her hands were a little full. This would have to suffice for now. Cupping the one free hand of her lover, the younger-looking blonde leaned down, before gently giving the blushing human a kiss on her backhand. 

 

“We’ll have time… Oh don’t you worry, we will indeed~. But I am ever patient.” Eve smiled mirthfully. Casey could have her moment. She had all eternity to be with their lover after all. Time was of little consequence, least of all to her. 

 

Feeling the affection from one simple act, Abby almost felt like crying now, before finally doing so as she felt something collide with her back. Shaking her head, the teenager chuckled before cradling the Dullahan’s head tightly in her arm, before moving her other one around to hold onto Kari too. 

 

She had wanted to hug them all for so long… And this wasn’t even nearly enough for her. She loved them all so much. 

 

Continuing to bask in the love of everyone around her, the now restored human continued to cradle her precious friend and lovers closely, as she let it all sink in. 

 

Everything had worked out. Everything was wonderful. And most of all, everyone loved her so much. And she loved them all too. 

 

But… There was plenty of girls, she still had to meet all over again. Now that she was restored, she wanted to see everybody for what would feel like the first time. She had made so many friends… 


And she looked forward, to making even more as time went on. 

 

To be continued. 

















This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=6290