Nova by FleetingMoment
Summary:

After a nuclear holocaust, civilization had to move into enourmous cities. During this time humanity discovered an alternet source of power called Eyous. However several years after this discovery, people have been disapearing off the streets from both the middle level and the lower level.

The story begins with the lead protaginist named Alice Vermire. Her parents and herself are driving on the highway when a tragedy befalls them. There she caught a glimps of what looked like a monster and another human sized figure covered in a blood colored tattered cloak called Red Raven.

Reviews may contain spoilers. Please be advised.

[AWHILE AGO I CHOSE TO REARRANGE SOME PLOT POINTS BECAUSE I THOUGHT I COULD DO A BETTER JOB THEN THAT SO YOU MAY HAVE TO RETURN TO A PREVIOUS CHAPTER]

I actually was in the process of writing a different story but I wanted to test some of the ideas for it here. Any criticism is greatly appreciated. And I don't want to sound like a jerk but Some more reviews would be nice.


Categories: Teenager (13-19), Adventure, Young Adult 20-29, Adult 30-39, Breast Enlargement, Growing Woman, Instant Size Change, New World Order, Sci Fi / Fantasy, Slow Size Change, Violent, Vore Characters: None
Growth: Amazon (7 ft. to 15 ft.), Brobdnignagian (51 ft. to 100 ft.), Giant (31 ft. to 50 ft.), Giga (1 mi. to 100 mi.), Mega (501 ft. to 5279 ft.), Mini GTS (16-30ft), Tera (101 mi and up), Titan (101 ft. to 500 ft.)
Shrink: None
Size Roles: F/m
Warnings: Following story may contain inappropriate material for certain audiences
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 24 Completed: No Word count: 102487 Read: 143248 Published: August 23 2011 Updated: March 08 2015
Story Notes:

Just as a reminder if you skipped the summary, this story is more Sci-Fi driven with some comic book elements and not as Erotic. Just letting you know that now if this doesn't rock your boat. Ok so I don't have to make a major prolouge to explain the world itself.

It's basically planet Earth that was slammed by nukes about 300 years ago starting at the year 2143. Current year is 2467. Every continent has one really big city that can be seen from space. The city this story takes part in is the one in North America and it's specific design is circular with a three level system and based on standard society. High Class is on top with alot of the aristocrats, governmental leaders and big company owners. Middle is the average joe where most of the actual tax payers are. And lastly the lowerlevel is essentially slums & industry completly void of even sunlight since the other two levels are built over top of it.

1. Chapter 1: Ravens fly towards Death by FleetingMoment

2. Chapter 2: The Future is the Pasts Treasure by FleetingMoment

3. Chapter 3: District 37 by FleetingMoment

4. Chapter 4: The Dayon, Hive by FleetingMoment

5. Chapter 5: New Leads by FleetingMoment

6. Chapter 6: Crypter & Invasion by FleetingMoment

7. Chapter 7: The Raven's Shadow by FleetingMoment

8. Chapter 8: Pied Piper by FleetingMoment

9. Chapter 9: Frozen Fiction by FleetingMoment

10. Chapter 10: Advent of Peace by FleetingMoment

11. Chapter 11: Unstable Hearts by FleetingMoment

12. Chapter 12: Dividing Line by FleetingMoment

13. Chapter 13: Spicule by FleetingMoment

14. Chapter 14: Down to Earth by FleetingMoment

15. Chapter 15: The Outcasts by FleetingMoment

16. Chapter 16: Al'Capone & The Conclave by FleetingMoment

17. Chapter 17: The Brothers Quarrel by FleetingMoment

18. Chapter 18: Plasma Storm by FleetingMoment

19. Chapter 19: . . . RUN! . . . by FleetingMoment

20. Chapter 20: Back to the Top by FleetingMoment

21. Chapter 21: Hope and Despair by FleetingMoment

22. Chapter 22: Old Ghosts by FleetingMoment

23. Chapter 23: Return of the Second by FleetingMoment

24. Chapter 24: The Al'Capone Factor by FleetingMoment

Chapter 1: Ravens fly towards Death by FleetingMoment
Author's Notes:

This is basically the get started part, so any long time story readers can guess some of the parts that happen. Please give me any heads up if there's anything I should change or if I made any mistakes.

         Alice Vermire is currently attending Marinton High. She has been living a pretty simplistic life, not exactly having over 10 friends but she prefered it that way. Most of the popular people just didn't seem to be all that interesting to her. As for her family she had only her mother and father. Both of them were scientists that worked at a company called Omynex Inc. It was a company that specialized in both bio-medical advancements and weapon production. It was a very well known company as it was in all the cities in the world. Granted in this age there was currently only one city per continent. Today though her parents had finished their special project and we're going to come pick her up after school.

         It was about twenty minutes before school was out today and it seemed like everyone was pretty much done, but just as Alice was putting her things into her bag, a pair of hand pretty much slapped her desk with a familiar face shouting out

Fredrick: Schools over, wanna go on a date?

Alice: Didn't you already try that one on me today Fred?

Fredrick: Yeah but I didn't really get an answer from you.

Zoey: She didn't respond because she believed you to be able to take a hint. Honestly Fred, you keep doing this almost every week.

After they started chatting for about ten minutes, Zoey brought up a topic about the strange disappearances that have been happening in the city

Zoey: Have you guys heard about this strange criminal called Red Raven? It was the only name that had any connection to the missing people. Apparently from what they are saying a strange man covered in a bloody mist is seen in most of the disappearances, so the athorities have put him as the top suspect. It's been like that for the last few weeks now and so far no one's been able to catch him.

Fredrick: I heard he was a moster from one of those urban legends come to prey on the innocent, but of course if I run into this Raven thing I will so punch it in the face and the girl it was chasing will so want to be with me after that.

Both Alice and Zoey sort of just gave him a quiet and akward look.

Fredrick: No no, it's playing on the Cinderella story, umm I can make it better".

Alice: You should just stop there, because you know you take things way too far and lose sight of what you we're talking about. So anyway you were saying Zoey?

Fred was a little disapointed, but he recovers from things like this very fast and just listened to Zoey for the momment.

Zoey: Well from what I heard that it's literally a mist like phenomenon that takes people away to a place out of this world, never to be heard of again.

Zoey was the kind of girl who was interested in horror novels, usually the supernatural kind.

 Alice could tell that they we're both making their own ideas up about Red Raven. While she was listening and trying to be supportive, she wasn't believing it.

Fredrick: So haven't you heard any stories or came up with any ideas about Red Raven?

She claimed that it was probably just an urban legend and someone was playing a bad joke on everyone.

Zoey: You know Alice, she's never been one who believed in anything out of this world.

Alice: I prefer to see it to believe it yes, but I do also think that there is something out there beyond the here and now, after all just us having a mind of this caliber is somewhat of a phenomenon.

Later after school, Fred was seeing if anyone had any plans tonight and while Zoey was available, Alice declined

Alice: Sorry but my parents are comming back today, so I'll have to pass.

          Both of them had arrived with the expected family reunion. Her father Norton Vermire, had been about six feet tall with a semi-aged face and roughly around the age of 47, about an average build for a man. Her mother Jessica Vermire had a slightly slimmer figure for a woman stood about 5' 2" feet tall and about the age of 49. Both of them wore glasses and had brown hair (although Nortons was short while Jessicas was long).

Alice herself was about 5' 4" feet tall and had a bit more of a developed figure. Oddly she had hair that was a bit brighter colored brown, possibly mixed in with a bit of ginger. So it was kind of a wierd color but still looked natural and it was long enough to reach her sholders.They started asking about how her education was going.

Alice: It's going fine and I think I know where I want to go with it.  Her answer was to be a psychologist, and of course Norton began to describe what exactly that is just to make sure she was willing to go through with it. 

Jessica: I think it fit her quite well and she should go for it. Norton did withdraw saying

Norton: Heh, I just want to make sure my little girl knows what she wants.

Changing the subject Alice did inquire about the big project they had been working on.

Jessica: Well we can't get into specifics due to Privacy Protection Policies, but it's going to be something that can solve alot of worldly problems.

She did continue explaining that the form of energy they had discovered called Eyous, which was heavily effective.

It was one of the big breakthroughs that made Omynex Inc so well known. In fact the car they we're in was powered by what they called an E Cell. Some of this knowlege was something Alice already knew but she let her mother continue anyway, just incase she gave any hidden messages or let something slip out.

But then there was a small problem, the road that they used to take to get to their favorite restaurant had been closed off forcing them to take the highway.

         Norton always hated this highway because for the last five years ago there we're almost nothing but some of the idiotic drivers on this road. The good news is now most cars are designed to be automatically driven.

It does take the fun out of driving but it did end alot of drunk driving accidents. The AI was pretty good as well since all the cars are programmed to be aware of eachother and stay on the road properly allowing the passangers to essentially do other things. There was manual driving as well but it's to be used in an emergancy.  So far they we're held up in a small ammount of traffic but it was at an ok pace.

It was about an hour when Alice noticed something moving across the highway bridges. She did point it out to her parents but because of the darkened sky it ws hard to identify wht it was.

They didn't think much of it for awhile and turned their attention to the time and road. However that same figure was still moving around on the blackout highway bridge. It seemed to be moving in somewhat random directions. It was something that she didn't want to worry about but as time continued it became more noticable. She then tried to immediatly tell herself it's nothing and tried to keep herself from looking.

                She did keep this up for a good 35 seconds but that's when something shocking happened. What looked like a large nail came flying through the window right infront of her face. Alice never had such a shocked or frightened face before, and lowly turned her head to the left.

The nail like object was surprisingly thick and covered in blood. She then checked herself and then her family but it seemed like none of them got hit by it. They rushed out of the car along with alot of other people that just saw that.

If it didn't hit them then what did it hit she thought? But there was nobody who looked injured. To add more problems some people were running in the opposite direction screamming telling everyone to run for their lives.

All the cars were completly halted so no one was going to run over anyone else. Although Norton and Jessica we alot more calm about the situation they were about to do the same thing.

Jessica was trying to open the trunk of the car while Norton was monitoring the area. He had a rather disturbed look on his face ordering

Norton: Alice come we're not sticking around here.

Alice was doing what she was told but before either of them could get any mommentum she pointed out a truck flying through the air.

The truck exploded, cutting off any escape. Everyone was begining to worry and others just flat out panicked. Norton went back to the car. Jessica was holding a really strange case. It was definatly the kind of case you carry hazardous material goods in.

It was then Alice saw what part of the distress was caused by. A figure wearing a blood red cloak

It had to be him, the person her friedns were talking about, Red Raven. He had his back turned to Alice, wielding massive nails held from their heads. His gaze was fixated on the distress ahead.

She then heard a vicious roar of  a monsters comming this way. It looked like a large lizard-like creature. It stood on it's back legs about the size of a semi-trailer. It's jaw wasn't as far out as anyone would be led to believe. Alice strangly wasn't as frightened as she should be.

It moved like a human while having the visage of a beast. But as it was trying to hit Red Raven, it also started grabbing random civilians unlucky enough to be within it's arm length. It would eat any person it grabbed while throwing any inanimate object it could get its hands on.

In the process it threw a large car at Red Raven but because he had been running around dodging whatever this creature threw at him, it ended up flying towards the car that the Vermire's were standing at. Red Raven retaliated by launching one of his nails at several other vehicles near the beasts feet precicly aimed at the cars engine. The end result was part of the highway bridge falling while the beast fell to another.

                The highway had stopped collapsing for now but many we're badly hurt or killed. Norton managed to pull himself to his feet, although limping in the process. He looked for his family, and managed to find his wife's arm still holding the case she had been carrying. But he was heartbroken to find the rest of her crushed to death by rubble and other debris. All he could do was retrieve the case.

Norton: Alice?! . . . If there ever was a god out there then this is the time to prove it.

He would keep calling her name hoping that she was alright. But when he found her she had been impaled by a piece of metal from part of a vehicle. Dropping the case and rushing to her almost to the point of tears.

He found that she was still breathing but the injury was pretty bad. She would need medical attention within the next ten or it would be terminal.

Without any medical tools of his own there was no chance of him helping her. At this point there was only one way to save her but he dreaded using it. To be forced to put her through what should be his responcibility . . . but he is a father before a scientist. He went to retrieve the case his wife had been holding.

He took off all the seals and locks on it to reveal a strange silver ball. It had a glowing teal light eminating from it's digital veins.

Norton then grabbed the metal object and quickly removed it from Alice's wound. It pained him to do so but he knows he can save her.

Norton: I know you may one day hate me for this Alice. Hell I may be damning the rest of the world . . . Tch, what am I thinking. I'd rather trust this to you over anyone else.

He then placed the metallic orb into the wound. It began to melt and spread over and into her body. Norton estimated it would take about twelve minutes for it to finish its job.

It was then the highway began to lose its balance breaking apart. Norton became seperated from Alice as she fell to the lower road.

________________________________________________________________________

Alice awoke about an hour and a half later to find no one around. She remebered as far as before she was pierced with that metal piece. Looking around she found herself along the highway.

She checked her body where she was pierced before but there was nothing. No wound or even a scar. She called out to her parents, but only her own echo would answer back.

She began walking along the ruined road. It got difficult when there were some large gaps to jump. There was some sort of beeping in her head. At first she thought it was just the ringing of aftershock but then she began to move on her own. She managed to clear a jump that would take a professional athlete to deal with.

She began to hear that beeping noise again. And then it began to come into a voice.

???: Scyncronization at 49%. Neural systems established. Language has now been established.

Alice: What? Who is that? Why are you speaking in my head?

???: Current protocal is your survival at this time. I will be assuming patrial command over you until scyncronization is completed. It will be at that point I can properly verify the threats locaton.

Alice: Are you talking about that monster?

???: After vewing your memory I can confirm the threat is a Dayon. Further analysis will be required to confirm its class.

Alice didn't really want to trust this thing immediatly but she wasn't exactly in a position to complain. She could still walk on her own so it seemed apparent that whatever this voice is will only interfear in critical moments

For a good twenty minutes minutes Alice moved across the ruined highwave. It was then she heard more rumbling on one of the higher roadways.

???: Syncronization at 61%. Dayon detected.

Alice's heart began to race.

???: I apologies but I cannot yet determin its classification.

The creature fell from the higher roadway. It looked like it was in terrible contition. A missing arm, several nails in its chest and even its back was partially burned. It was holding someone in its hand.

Monster: (Pant,pant,pant) Damn that bird. Running out of meat. Only two left so far.

It gorged on the deadman it was carrying. Alice watched the creatures arm partially recreate itself from its wound.

Monster: Birds running out of toys now. Nothing personal little girl. Wrong place, wrong time.

This creature reminded her of a simple gangmember just by the way it talked. The creature may even be a person behind its monsterous exterior.

It began charging at her. As it reached out for her, Alice felt her legs move on their own again. The creature became disgruntled as she kept evading its attacks.

Monster: Ugh, I am in no mood for this kid.

It then began tearing up the road to minimize her evasion options.

???: Current evasion options are limited to traversing seperate platforms. It is still under developed but I can maintain your safely regardless.

Alice: Sorry but I don't want to keep evading that thing.

???: What?

Alice: My family may be dead because of that thing. If you're going to keep me safe it mkaes more sense to stop it here".

As the creature lunged its fist towards her, she put her hands out open palmed. The creatures hand was stopped, and part of the road where she stood was also pressed in. As the creature was paused by what just happened, Alice's hands began emmiting an increasing glow. Then came a large teal shockwave throwing the beast back and breaking its good hand into pieces.

It fell to the ground holding its arm screaming in pain.

Monster: Holy fuck!?

The creature looked at her with surprise.

Monster: You are not human and you can't be a Dayon. Maybe a Reaver?

She looked at her hands in shock to find teal glowing vains across her whole arm. Probably all over her body. They didn't follow the patterns of human blood vains though. More like how a computer circut board would look.

Alice had mixed emotions of hate towards the creature and fear of what this other thing might be inside her. The creature struggled to its feet.

Monster: If you really are a Reaver kid then I can't let you live.

The beast used its other hand and grabbed whatever debris he could grab.

Monster: Do everyone a favor and di . . .

From it's head through it's mouth the beast was punctured by a massive nail, forced to the ground. And then followed by several more through the rest of it's body.

Red Raven: Just like any other performance. Once the composer has finished his score, the curtain must be closed.

He hopped off the nail he was standing on.

Red Raven: How refreshing. One of my audiance stayed for the whole thing.

He took a bow to her though it was hard to tell if he was praising or mocking her. The rest of his clothing was black underneath that red cloak of his. He was wearing a white mask with a single red eye and a smile pained on.

Alice: Should I consider you an enemy as well?

Red Raven: It is not my place to strike the audiance. After all what good is there in it if no one else witnesses. Only the instraments must be composed. I hope you enjoyed the show Leibchen.

Alice: Leibchen?. . . Hey wait.

Before she could ask him if he knew what happened to her parents, he jumped off the road. When she looked over he was nowhere to be found. She then turned to the voice in her head.

Alice: You said you can detect those creatures right, if so can you trace him?

???: I apologies but sincronization is still at 76%. My capabilities to track others would be limited to how close you are to something.

Alice was still not used to having this person talking to her but she tried to avoid getting to violent with it.

???: To be honest . . . I wasn't even able to detect him despite how close you were.

She wasn't that concerned with Red Raven at the moment and while bracing for the worst turned the question to it.

Alice: Then can you . . . tell me if my parents died or not.

???: Norton Vermire, Jessica Vermire. My creators. I can confirm that Jessica Vermire is deseased. Norton Vermire current status is unknown . . . I believe that he may still be alive.

Alice: I see . . . well then I guess it wasn't quite as bad as I thought. . .

Tears began to run down her eyes. While she was trying to be quiet about it, the sadness was not something she could hide.

In the distance she heard sirens. Sounded like the police and peramedics were comming. Of course she knew that they were too late. Not surprising since the athorities are always around, after the crime is done. She checked her body again to notice that the teal vains are no longer visible.

Alice: Is now a better time for you to tell me what you are?

???: In your current mental condition, It would only lead to more confusion right now. It is better for you to recover first.

Alice: Can you at least tell me what I should call you.

Nova: I am an A.B.M.E. But my creators have given me the code name Nova.

Alice: I see, well then thanks for keeping me alive Nova.

As the ambulence came they took Alice to the hospital as soon as they could. They could confirm no other survivors and several missing bodies.

End Notes:

Ok so that's what I got for my first part. Now again there will be giant women because we all here love that sort of thing but I am intending on taking this in a different direction from what everyones used to here. If you liked this first part of the story or have any strong opinions and ideas please let me know. Also please point out any mistakes I made or warn meabout any violatioins I did not realize.

Chapter 2: The Future is the Pasts Treasure by FleetingMoment
Author's Notes:

This chapter is basically the aftermath of what happened in chapter 1. I do want to make Alice feel more like a human being. It's a bit difficult for me since I have a difficult time making female characters. Any feedback or suggestions would be welcome. Most of this chapter will just be used to set the stage for future scenes and other characters that have yet to come.

News Anchor: Orders from the District Office had closed off the entire district's highway due to the major damages that occured during the night. Law enforcers have claimed that that the damage was to extensive to be anaccident and believe this to be a terrorist act. However there were several rumors suggesting that there was a glimps of the criminal, Red Raven fleeing the area. At this time it has yet to be confirmed weather this is the work of a terrorist bombing or a stand-alone outlaw. Only one survivor has been confirmed - - - . . . .

Alice turned off the TV, since there was nothig useful that the media might have picked up on. She wasn't expecting it to be accurate of what she saw that night. After all, how can you believe that there was a big monster attacking everyone it saw in sight.

Red Raven had left the beast impaled. But there was no word of anyone surviving excluding herself and Red raven of course. Right now though her mind was also shaken by the loss of her mother and now she was sharing her body with this thing called Nova. All she knew about it was its name, and it was the only reason she's still alive today.

Later that day the nurse came informing

Nurse: Good afternoon Ms. Vermire, how are you doing.

Alice decided to repond politly since the nurse was of course refering to her physical health. She was also told that some of her friends had come by as well. Zoey came rushing over to her with a big hug saying she was thankful Alice was alive.

Fred wasn't doing the same thing but he had the same feelings about what had happened.

Alice: How nice that you guys came over.

Zoey: Well we could have been here sooner if it wasn't for Fred.

Fredrick: Hey, not all of us are only children. And you knew I had to pick up Margaret.

Fred had brought his little sister with him. They almost seemed like opposites. Fred was about 5' 11" feet tall with short blonde spiked back hair.

He was definatly one of the taller guys but he also was considered to be skinny. Margaret was about the age of ten so it makes sense that she was pretty small at this time but was adorable.

Margaret had blonde hair as well but much longer and they both shared green eyes. Alice had met Freds little sister several times. She had brought a small green plant with her as a get well soon gift.

Most of this was expected however behind them there was another visitor That Alice didn't know as well.

Alice: Who else did you bring?

Zoey: Oh that's Daniel. You remember him right, he's one of our classmates.

He had a very different complexion for most people. He had brown partially messy hair with black eyes. He was about the same hight as Alice, well as she was now, both around 5' 6" feet tall.

Daniel: I felt that I should pay my respects to you. If it's a problem then I can leave if you want.

Alice was not bothered by him at all she stated but she just didn't think he had much interest in socialization. She wasn't the most popular person in the whole school nore were any of her circle of friends, but Daniel was a lone wolf.

Fredrick: You know if you wanted to join us you could have just said something. Besides, it be cool to have at least one more guy, that way it's two for two.

Daniel: I might in the future.

Zoey: So when are you getting out of here?

Alice: Well the doctor said I don't have any physical injuries, and said I should be out by tomarrow.

She was thankful that they didn't do anything like an M.R.I, because any of those might reveal Nova. But she said she wasn't going to be comming back to school until next week.

Her mothers funeral was covered by Omynex and alot of Jessica's co-workers an other friends were going to be there. It was getting late and so the whole group had to go back to school in the morning. They left their good wishes behind with Alice and took their leave. But Daniel then said something just as everyone else was leaving

Daniel: Don't be ruled by the past, but don't forget it either.

I suppose it was ment to be encouragment but he was also being strict at the same time. After he left, Alice thought about what he said. But she still didn't quite understand why he came in the first place. It was something she was trying to figure out but as it got late she decided it would be better to deal with this after the funeral.

Alice: I'm a little surprised you didn't say anything. Or am I the only one who can hear you?

Nova: In my current state I would need to use your voice in order to communicate by auditorial means. You can only hear me because my A.I. is housed within your cerebral cortex.

Alice: So that means even if I don't say anything you will know. If you want to talk then I need to do it for both of us.

Nova: For the most part yes unless an external party were to comunicate by a cerebral means. But I will not violate your independent thoughts. Your survival is my objective.

Alice: I guess I shouldn't be worried about petty things like that right now. Then can you tell me what that creature was. A Dayon I think you called it. And what you are, while we're at it.

Nova: The creature identified as a Dayon is the result of an organic life form assimilating an Eyous into it's being. As a result the life form will under take multiple types of mutation.

The way Nova described Eyous made them sound like they wern't just pure energy. But that would imply that anyone who came into direct contact with an Eyous could potentially become a Dayon.

Alice: Then are you similar to an Eyous?

Nova: Similar but different. I am an A.B.M.E meaning (Artificial Bio Mechanical Eyous). My design is based off them but I was artificially crafted.

Alice: Please tell me I won't turn into a Dayon.

Nova: I will not deny that changes will occure but you will not become one. I will talk to you about it when you are free to do as you please.

At first she wanted to try probing Nova about the mentioned changes but since she had some other issues to deal with, such as getting out of this hospital. It did make more sense to deal with it when she could actually try it for herself.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Soon it was Friday, the day of the funeral. It was sunny and warm which didn't reflect the mood. Of course the weather has always just been whatever it wanted to be.

The funeral went the way any other funeral would go. Alot of people were in tears or would just stare hiding them. It was the same for Alice kind of inbetween both, sheading tears but not screaming aloud.

In the middle of it though there was a limo with the a small Omynex logo on the side of the car pulling into the cemetary. From there a man standing about 7' 2" feet tall with black hair and dark eyes. From what Alice had herd he was the owner and head of Omynex Inc. He had a very dark complexion about him.

This was the man that Alices parent worked for. She did ask about their boss a number of times but they usually said they would prefer not to talk about it. He stood next to Alice with his eyes to the coffin.

Omenyx C.E.O: You must be Alice Vermire, it's a pleasure to meet you.

She did respond, but at the momment she didn't really ask much about him. She wasn't sure if it was because it was a dark day today or if it was his visage.

Omenyx C.E.O: Both Jessica and Norton were some of my best employees. To lose eve on of them is damaging enough. I say that as both an employer and a person.

Alice knew he ment every word, but he definatly had something else on his mind. She inquired

Alice: You didn't come all this way just to say goodbye to my mother did you?

Omenyx C.E.O: You're sharper then what your parents told me about you. And yes, I did wish to talk to you, but I prefered to keep it between ourselves. After all, there are always a number of events that the media either misses, does not show or misunderstands.

The way he said it left her with worry. Alice could probably learn something from him, but at the same time she wasn't sure if he could be trusted. She would have to risk telling him a few things to learn something, but Nova was not one of them.

They both moved away from the croud closer to his limo and they continued from there. 

Omenyx C.E.O: I was able to keep the media from trying to ask you twenty questions. The police will still want to ask you in private about what happened tomarrow. It will be short but I would prefer ask you directly about what happened. And feel free to ask you're own questions as well.

Alice decided to try it but she had to act like she never even heard about Nova, and so she gambled

Alice: Do you know much about monsters?

Usually when younger people ask this kind of question an adults most common responce is there's no such thing as monsters but his responce was different.

Omenyx C.E.O: I know that a lot of disappearances are related to some type of monster. So if we're going to be talking about monsters, are you refering to the kind that simply look like one or behave like one?

 The way he said it was just asking for her to spout out the word Dayon. However he seemed to be suggesting Red Raven as well. Nova wasn't giving her any kind of warnings.

Alice: I guess you could say I saw a man and a monster that night. I over heard the man wrapped in red call that thing a Dayon, or something like that. Do you know what that might be?

She obviously lied about not knowing what a Dayon is but she did not yet trust this man. The mans expression didn't change at all.

Omenyx C.E.O: It's not really a word that many people know about, but if I had to guess, it's the result of someone making a deal with a devil. The result is always some kind of power.

It sounded like he had encountered several of these things called Dayon. She knew there had to be more then one. But now she had to prepare herself for one of his questions.

Omenyx C.E.O: I also should ask before it slips my mind. Did you by any chance see either one of your parents holding a case or something to that effect?

This was the question she dreaded. Whatever Nova was, she knew her parents made it and he had to be the one who was behind them in it's making. If she feigned complete ignorance about it, he might guess she actually has it. But she then had a responce that might work.

Alice: I was knocked out due to the explosion, but I think I did see my mother carrying a silver case. When I woke up she was dead and my dad was no where to be found.

Omenyx C.E.O: If that's how it is then I have good reason to believe that Norton escaped safly. If it's alright with you I would like you to remain in contact with Omynex.

He then handed her a card with his number on the back of it.

Omenyx C.E.O: I will contact you as well if I discover anything about Norton. Don't worry we'll find your father.

She was grateful and then they began closing their conversation and gave their goodbyes. She looked at the front of the card and it had the basic contact information that any company would have.

He didn't say his name before but the card had it written down.

David Blaine

_______________________________________________________________________


Saturday came and just as Blaine had said, the police had clled her in for questioning. Alice had a much easier time talking with them since she could leave out any parts involving Nova or the Dayon entirly.

She didn't like having to keep secrets from people but most people wouldn't even believe her anyway. And if someone dangerous found out about Nova, she already could guess what would happen.

Constantly under serveillance and restricted to a few key rooms would be the least of her worrys if she was lucky. Anything else would be experimentation and onward. Fortunatly the officers didn't share the same kind of intellegence as Blaine, nore were they looking for Nova.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

The next day came and now she finally had a free day to herself. She retuned to her empty home, which she was used to at this point. Five months of having the whole house too herself was every teenagers dream. But that's because she knew her family was ok.

After she had her home secure she moved to her room.

Alice: I really don't know if I can trust Mr. Blaine. I don't suppose you can read the minds of other people besides mine, can you Nova?

Nova: Not unless I hand direct cerebral contact and even though I can read the body language of humans more thoroughly. The man identified as David Blaine had been quite difficult to understand. I am required to avoid all contact with him.

Alice: Is that why you wern't saying anything before?

Nova: Not by my own choice but my protocal denies communication with him.

Alice: Didn't he have a hand in your creation?

Nova: That is true but within the last 5 months, your parents have hard coded this new protocal into my system.

Alice: If he has something to hide then I definatly cannot trust him.

She then looked at her hands with both fear and resiliance.

Alice: Seems like I'll one day be surrounded by people who are after me. They might even come after my friends as well. Can you show me how to defend myself and those around me, Nova?

Nova: I believe you are more capable then you think. After all you were able to force out some combat related functions pre-maturly.

Alice: I didn't damage you or any of your systems did I?

Nova: Combat performance was damaged but it is easy for me to delete damaged systems and restore them. My first function was after all reconstructing your damaged body.

Alice felt a little embarassed about forcing Nova to repair itself but dwelling on it wouldn't help her. They decided to head to the park because there was alot more open space and no one was ever there at this time of night.

They arrived at the park sometime past midnight and to Alices relief there was no one there. Nova also reported that there was no one that should be able to see them at this time.

Alice: From everything you told me up to this point, I don't think I'll be able to find my father without running into these Dayon. So I'll do my best to figure out how to use this new body.

Nova: Your survival is my priority so making sure you can keep yourself alive is also part of it. First you will need to change out of your conventional form. However words cannot properly describe how to do that so I will help you simply feel the actions it takes.

It was a bit complicated at first but after a period of thre minutes, Alice began to understand what Nova was refering to. Once she felt confident, she began trying what it had showed.

She felt the same bio-mechanical material from before cover her body. The process was slow but she began to feel her body expand. She kept her focus on the changing. Such a thing was difficult but possible. It was a period of fourty eight seconds before it was complete.

Alice had to be standing about 10 feet tall now. She had noticed ever since Nova became a part of her, that she had been increasing in height. But she didn't think that this was possible.

Alice: I know I wanted to understand how to use this combat system but I didn't think it would turn me into a giant.

Nova: This form is still immature at the moment. So I'm afraid this is my current capacity limit.

Alice: Umm, Nova. It's nearly unlikely that a human could ever grow this much. And you're telling me this is immature?

Nova: That is correct. However this form will take on most of the cellular expansion while your conventional form will have the least changes.

It sounded like Alice could switch from the regular her to this giant super human version her. She was relieved that she wouldn't have to return to class and terrify everyone around her.

Alice: Wait what happened to my cloaths?

Nova: I have dis-assembled them on a molecular level allowing them to be saved inside the bio-mechanical skin armor that you are currently covered in. This way you won't have to concern yourself with having to remove them before changing into your full bio-mechanical form.

It would explain why Nova had created a conventional mode to begin with. There was no way her cloths could fit on a body this big. It seemed like the bio-mechanical material had pretty much replaced them.Putting that aside for now she tried to move and see how far she could go. Alice tried to jump lightly but she ended up leaping 25 feet in the air. She wasn't the kind of person to scream in surprise but comming back down certainly felt like she was on a short rollercoaster.She felt almost no shock when she landed. Her heart was beating fast but it was nothing to worry about since it was the kind of fast beating you would get if someone jumped out of no where and startled you.She spent several hours trying to get the feel of what Nova has enabled. From leaping high into the air to lifting a rock that clearly weighed more then herself.By the time she was finished it was about 3:30am. She then reverted back to what Nova called her conventional form.

Nova: As you can see once you understand the idea. You will be able to switch between your conventional and full bio-mechanical form.

Alice: I really don't want to have to say bio-mechanical every single time.

Nova: What would you prefer then?

Alice thought about it and she wanted to keep it similar to Nova.

Alice: Alright I think I'll call the bio-mechanical material Novon, and the actual transformation Novus form. And as for my conventional form, I'll just go with Normal. 

Nova: Very well. I shall refer to them as such.

Alice: Do you really not care one way or the other and accepted any name I tossed out?

Nova: Of course not. I can attempt to learn and understand emotions and choice but my design will not permit me to have them directly.

Alice: Alright then. It's way too late at night for me right now anyway. But there's something I probably should ask.

Nova: You were thinking of trying to locate the individual Red Raven. It is true that he may have at least seen Norton Vermire.

Part of her wanted to start looking for Red Raven right now since she was able to get this far with Nova on her own. But the fastest way to find Red Raven was to find a Dayon since it seemed like he hunts them on a regular basis.

Alice decided to priorities what steps she needed to do first. When she goes back to school, she would have to talk to Daniel before anything. Sometimes the quiet ones in the back know more then they lead others.

It would have been easier to just ask Nova about this sort of thing but it only knows what information was pre-installed or what it learns on its own. By that same logic Nova might have capabilities in itself that it isn't aware of.

End Notes:

IF there are any problems like spelling errors, problematic grammar or just lack of decent pacing please let me know. Also if you have any plot ideas or wish to bring any statements to attention then feel free to do so.

Chapter 3: District 37 by FleetingMoment
Author's Notes:

I decided to redo this chapter because the reasonong for getting everyone to a specific location felt stupid to me after I looked it over. I still don't know if this next idea is much better or not but I think this one might be more suited.

             Alice opened her eyes to find herself still in bed. She was still a bit tired because of the short night, but Alice didn't have time to get the full eight hour sleep. There was school to attend to and to miss anymore of it at this point would insult her mothers memory. She went through the usuall routine that anyone else would do after getting out of bed. Once she finished her shower and had breakfast, she got her clothing together. Unfortunatly she had the problem of not having a set that fit her properly.

              It was just good enough to pass as approriate even if it was going to be a bit snug. At the moment she only had her undergarments on when she was trying to measure her new body size to her old outfit.

Nova: Is something distressing you?

Alice: Jees Nova. Do you mind giving me a little privac. . .

She stopped before finishing her sentance. Nova was pretty much inside her so it probably just sees and feels everything she experiences.

Nova: I did not intend to violate any of your wishes. I simply detected different emotions in your mental condition.

If Nova was a guy or even a person it would have been embarrassing. But there was no reason to conceal her body from it since Nova thinks like a machine.

Alice: Just how much will I grow anyway?

Nova: That depends on which state you are refering to. I have been keeping your normal forms changes to as little as possible.

Alice: This is a little? I mean I've grown 2 inches ever since you joined me. Not to mention that I used to be a B size. Now they've gone up to large Cs, probably almost Ds.

Nova: According to your genetic structure, this is the shape you should be roughly 3 years from now.

Alice: If I got like this in just a little over a week then whats a whole month going to do?!

Nova: The growth you experienced in that time was a result of trying to repair what was originally a fatal wound. I assure you that the ammount of change will take at least 3 decades if your body is left to it's current pace.

 Alice was releaved that she wouldn't have to worry about growing through the roof in her sleep. Of course Nova never said there was a limit to how large her Novon state could become.

________________________________________________________________________

             Alice had still been thinking about what Nova had told her while she headed to her school. On the stone wall the school had the name Jefferson R. Wittmore. It was named after one of the people who survived the nuclear holocaust and saved several others. After entering her class, she did feel alot of eyes starring at her. It made her feel uneasy when the tragedy last week was all over the news. Or it could have also been them just starring at her new figure. But it was something that would just come to an end once they all got used it.

          Zoey and Fred came in a little later but that was pretty much when the bell rang. The classes we're just like any other and they went by faster then normal. Who she actually needed to talk to was Daniel, but since Fred and Zoey were here, it would probably have to wait until after school ended.

Daniel was the kind of person who kept to himself and usually took of pretty quick once either lunchbreak or the day had ended. As lunch began both of her friends were already calling her over, but she noticed that Daniel wasn't moving today.

Maybe he had something to discuss with the teacher. Alice told her firends that she will be right there and approached Daniel. She greeted him a bit nervously but by no means wierd.

Daniel: What can I do for you.

Alice: I was wondering if you cared to join us during lunch break.

Daniel: I'm afraid I have a few things I need to take care of at the moment. However if you prefer to speak to me later I'm available after classes.

She accepted and thanked him for his time before returning to her friends. As for the lunch break, both Zoey and Fred expressed there joy that she was finally back.

Unfortunatly they wern't oblivious to Alices new figure.

Fredrick: So what happened to you in that hospital anyway. Because I don't remeber you being that tall before.

Alice couldn't really say anything other then I wasn't aware of it until I got back.

Zoey: You really didn't notice just waking up with a killer body like that? I don't believe that you were walking around for a whole week looking like a supermodle and not notice it. You didn't sqeeze any cosmetics in while you were there did you? 

Zoey's bloodline comes from a Japaneese heritage, and she was only about 4' 10" feet tall. She was petite and had black hair that was tied back into a small ponytail.

Alice: What? No, why would I?! 

Zoey: Most people I know don't get that big in a week. Common Fred, you know you can't deny . . .

The way Fred was looking while sucking on his beverage suggested he hadn't been listening to the conversation

Fredrick: Huh? Oh! Umm, yeah uhh it's not nice to hog things. You should give some of your secret whatever to Zoey, then everyone will be happy.

Fred always tries to make remarks like that in the hopes that everyone would laugh. Instead it just made Zoey punch him in the shoulder.

Fredrick: Damnit, Oww! Hey why am I the bad guy here?! For all I know that Red Raven guy slipped her something.

Fortunatly Fred indirectly changed the topic to Red Raven and got them off of Alices new body.

Fredrick: Ok so, is what they said on the news true, did you see Red Raven? 

Alice: He seemed more like a vigilante imposing as a phantom.

It certainly wasn't an out of this world answer but it was definatly an answer that they were thriled by. They continued again with the topic, and even started wondering who Red Raven really was.

________________________________________________________________________

As lunch period was ending they were returning back to class. Fred then said he had been hearing something up the stairway. It sounded like there were several people. But when they got up there they found Daniel being punched around by one of the larger students.

It was someone from a different class named Brian Riggs. He was known as one of the most violent people in the school. Despite his vioent behaviour, none of the faculty have ever bothered to properly disipline him.

Brian: Is your answer still gonna be the same?

There were two other guys with him. It was hard to tell if they were his friend or just backing him up to cover their own hides. Daniel said nothing but instead got back on his feet.

Brian: Hey I asked you a question loner. And all I need to here is a simple yes.

Fredrick: Hey bug off Brian. What the hell is wrong with you?

Brian: I was mearly asking him to get me a drink, and since he wasn't even saying anything. I figured there was some communication issues, so I thought a little maitnence was in order.

He then approached Fred as intimidating as always. He was about 6' 2" feet tall with a partially shaved head. Unlike Fred however he was closer to that of a body builder. Fred had both a frightened look and enraged look on his face, where as Brian had a cold stair.

Fredrick: It sounds more like your just trying to make him do work that you're too lazy to do yourself.

Brian: Oh, so when did a guy like you suddenly become a humanitarian?

Brian paused for a moment while Fred nervously stood his ground.

Brian: I think this is the first time I've ever seen you stand up for anyone, Fredrick Hatch. Or wait you and your sister were adopted like alot of us. Guess you forgot your last name didn't you, Wagner (Vaugner). Remind me we're you a full Nazi or only a half?

Freds eyes opened wide with nothing but rage. And in that rage he struck Brian. Frederick was indeed half German and half English, if those countries still exsisted. But he really hated it when someone assumed that German ment Nazi.

Both of Brians friends were getting ready to retaliate before Brian himself put his hand up to call them off. He then turned his head back to Fred with a cold smirk.

Brian: You really should work on that. Try something like this.

Brian brought his fist back. But he then kicked Fred in the shins while all eyes were drawn to his fist. Using his other hand, Brian uppercutted Freds head back to head level before striking him with his pulled back arm.

Alice and Zoey rushed to help Fred up.

Brian: Well Nazi boy. You try it now.

Fred had some trouble trying to however. The blow made his head feel a bit fuzzy, and at the same time he was scared. Trying to fight a guy like Brian was difficult for him. 

Brian: So what. We just got started and you're gonna throw in the towel?

He walked a bit closer. Alice then stood in his way. 

Alice: Are you really so miserable that you can only hurt others to deal with it?

Brian: . . . Maybe yes, maybe no. Not all of us have good families to begin with. If me beating on people is such a problem then I suggest you stop me before I . . .

Before he could finish his line, Alice struck him. However when she hit Brian, he was knocked off his feet and sent rolling on the floor.

He tried to get back up off the floor. But halfway he paused when he discovered that his nose was bleeding a bit. Alice didn't think she was going to hit him that hard. It was quiet for awhile with everyone staring at her. Taking down someone who was suppost to be physically superior.

Alice: I'm sorry.  I, I gotta go. She siad while running down the stairway.

After Alice left Brian crawled back up

Brian: In the recent accidents that have happened. Very few people come back. They say the few who do come back aren't the same people they were before. Heh I guess it's true . . .Todd, Pat. Were done here for now.

He then looked toward Fred.

Brian: If you want to have another go, I'll be down at that mansion on district 37.

Brian and his group took there leave after that. Both Zoey and Fred were both caught up on what Brian had claimed and the fact that something had happened to Alice. They really didn't know what to say for the moment. Daniel on the other hand had dissapeared during the confusion.

Alice was standing outside with her back up against a thick tree trunk. She only wanted Brian to stop harming her friends, but now they will most likely suspect she might be dangerous as well as different.

Alice: I didn't even change forms at all, how can I do that much to someone like Brian . . .!?

Nova: There is a limit to how much I can supress. And since you were feeling threatened by the human infront of you, your instincts would try to either avoid or eliminate the threat.

Alice did know that there would be changes but Nova had not specified that even her innate instincts would become enhanced as well. 

Nova: I apologies for not properly clarifying my explanation. However I cannot just simply suspend your basic instincts. I cannot violate this protocal. 

Alice sat down while looking at her hand. Just what was she turning into. It may only be small now but was she going to become a monster just like the Dayon?

It had been a half an hour that she was there pondering those thoughts. The silence was broken when she heard the bell ring. Class had already resumed before she came here but it looked like everyone was departing the school. Alice asked one of the students why everyone eas leaving. He claimed that class was closed early today because of the disturbances that had been occuring around district 37. 

They decided it would be safer for everyone to return to their homes immediatly and avoid taking any shortcuts through that area. It was strange that they did that for district 37 when there was quite a number of other areas that had similar problems.

She tried to look for Fred or Zoey to come out, but there was no luck. Perhapse it was better to not be near them for the time being anyway she thought.

Just as she was about to leave she heard someone behind her.

Daniel: I thought you wanted to talk to me after class Alice. 

Alice: Oh, sorry I was just lost in thought, for a bit. I wasn't sure you were going to come.

Daniel: If I wasn't going to come I wouldn't have agreed in the first place. 

She was both nervous and glad to see him come of all people.

Alice: Thanks for keeping a promise. 

Daniel: So what did you want to talk to me about?

Alice: My father disapeared after that day. Mr. Blaine said he knew nothing about his wearablouts but I wasn't sure if I should trust everything he's saying. I guess it's probably strange to ask you but I really don't know who to trust right now.

Daniel: Well I would certainly not trust Blaine that's for sure.

Alice: You certainly seem really sure about that, do you know him?

Daniel: I probably know him better then most. As for the incident itself. I can tell you that if anyone lived through those kind of events. They usually end up in the ground level of the city.

Alice: Isn't the ground level contaminated by radiation?

Daniel: Yeah but some companies need to have activity in the lower levels. Such as drawing subterrainian water. Anyone left down there who can do the job have to take what they can get. Besides, how long ago was the nuclear apocalypse anyway?

Alice: About 300 years ago.

Daniel said nothing more about the topic but he was hinting something else.

Danie: Being a loner, I tend to hear other peoples conversations when they think I'm not listening. But I can't imagine that David Blaine could get very far in the Mid and High levels without someone recognizing him. 

It was better information then she ws expecting. But the lower level wasn't exactly a place you could casually walk down to. Alice thanked Daniel before she began leaving for home.

Alice: Oh, and about today... Could you avoid saying anything to anyone else?

Daniel: That's pretty easy not to do. Not like anyone else would believe a guy like me.

After they finished talking, Alice thought about what Daniel said at the end. For the time being however she needed to figure out how to get to the lower level.

________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile in district 37. Brian, Todd and Pat had been standing outside the districts mansion. It was abandoned several years ago after people vanished inside.

Brian: Are you guys sure you want to go in? I can't promise any good will come of it.

Todd: Hey that thing took my brother as well. I want to get back at it just like you.

Pat: If we don't get it this week, then we'll probably never find it again.

They entered the mansion armed with weapons. Todd had a steel bat where as Brian was carrying an axe. Pat had a crowbar and he even got his hands on a pistol. 

Brian had asked how he got it but it sounded like he stole it from a family member. They were careful as they walked down the hallway with alot of old suits of armor. Prefering to stay near the middle of the room as opposed to the sides.

But as they walked forward they heard one of the statues fall behind them. They turned around facing the direction they came from startled and tense.

Brian: Jeeus, it's just fucking playing with us. Ok, nobody blindly charge at it. If it's trying to scare us it means it doesn't want to deal with us all at once. Keep together and we'll get it for sure.

But just as he finished his sentance he heard Todd scream out in pain.

Pat had stricken Todd in the sholder with one of the armor's pike. Brian turned yelling

Brian: What the fuck are you do. . . 

He found Pat's mouth had his mouth surrounded in what looked like webs. Then Pat began raising his weapon for another attack on Brian. Brian was succsessful in evading it and swung his axe just above Pats head. He dropped to the ground with a terrified look on his face.

Todd: Jeesus fuck, when the hell could it do that?

Brian looked at the wound. It wasn't fatal but he probably wasn't going to be able to use his arm properly since it hit a location that controlled some of the arm muscles. Pat suggested that they try to make an escape and try this next time.

Brian wasn't happy about the idea but agreed since he felt that taking it on with less numbers was stupid. It was in that moment that Todd began to feel a tug at his leg. When he looked there were some more webs around both of his legs. It then became more intense, and he found himself bet dragged across the floor.

Brian reacted quickly trying to chase after him telling Pat to follow. Todd was screaming while trying to grab anything he could get his hands on. The floor itself was usless and many of the other objects wern't fixed to either the floor or the wall.

He was moving towards a large crack in the corner of the ceiling. Just as he was about to pass through it Brian managed to grab his hand just in time. Because of Todds injury he couldn't use his left hand to at all. Brian managed to anchor himself to the ground while trying to help Todd.

Brian did the best he could to save him. Pat just managed to catch up and tried to lend a hand. Before he could however, Brian came flying back and both were thown to the ground. When they regained their surroundings Brian was holding only Todds severed arm.

Looking forward ahead was another pike, it looked like the suit of armor turned around and dropped it on Todds arm. They tried yelling for Todd, but there was no answer. Since he dissapeared upwards they tried towards the next flight of stairs.

Before they got very far, the floor under Brian collapsed. Pat was partially blinded by the dust that kicked up. Brian was dazed and bruised. As he was getting his head back together he started to hear gunfire from the floor above.

Pat: Oh, fuck you freak!

Brian: Don't fight it alone you dumbass, Get down here?

From the other direction however he heard what sounded like a thousand footsteps charging by. Brian stumbled towards the stairway trying to make sure Pat knew where he was.

As he dragged himself up, he wasn't able to hear Pat anymore. When Brian got back to the hall he was previously in, all he found was Pat's Pistol and nothing more.

Brian: Well, you got two. What the fuck are you waiting for you shit. Here I am, common and get me already.

He began knocking over whatever object he could find yelling and cursing. He spent a half an hour wandering through the mansion before falling to his knees near the entrance. He then thought to himself that it never came after him at all when he was alone.

Brian: So that's it huh. You just leave me alive so I could bring you free meals? He punched the ground cursing until his fist was sore. He then looked up and said out loud

Brian: Ok fine then you coward. If you won't show up unless I have people around. I'll just have to bring you someone that you can't deal with.

He then limped to the door looking back.

Brian: If you want to stop me. This is the best time.

For a minute there was nothing. Brian then opened the door with an expression that was as cold and hatefilled as was his regret for failing his friends.

End Notes:

I decided to split the event into two chapters because I want to find the right pacing to this. Last one was too rushed for me and so here's hoping I've found it. Again I would love to get any feedback, good or bad for how I can improve or what I could change. I'll try to get chapter 4 up by the next day. It will go further ahead then what I had for it before.

Chapter 4: The Dayon, Hive by FleetingMoment
Author's Notes:

I'm sorry for my lateness. Yesterday when I was writing this chapter, I accidently backspaced to the main page before I could post my work. And it was close to the end of the day so I pretty much just gave up and put it off for the next day. But now I think this might be better then what I had previously. Here's hoping you like it.

            It was Tuesday morning. Classes had been canceled for today leaving many of the schools students and teachers the day off. Alice on the other hand was looking through some of her parents old city maps. While she did this, she asked Nova if she knew anything about the lower level that Daniel hadn't already mentioned.

Nova: I'm afraid I only know basic knowledge in regards to the cities lower level.

Alice: Heh, I thought you would know everything Nova.

Nova: My database at this time only has information that my creators had installed. There are also programs that I cannot access at this time.

Alice: Wait, so there are things that you don't even know about yourself?

Nova: When you were being attacked by the previous Dayon, I had activated an emergancy reaction protocall. This system is designed to react against any form of hostility that got close enough to you. However when you refused to evade or retreat and instead tried to use agression. The system was forced to use hostility as a means of defense.

She remebered overpowering the Dayon with only one hand. But she didn't think it was as impressive as it should sound. It was badly injured after all. Alice then became curious of that attack method Nova spoke of.

Alice: What was that blast anyway?

Nova: It's an artificially generated version of the energy an Eyous gives off. However it also has similar capabilities to develope just as you do. It will be alot more powerful if you were to use it while in a complete Novon state.

It gave Alice pause to try and use it again. Nova could certainly show her how to use it. But she might end up harming people who were unlucky enough to be in the way. After a little bit of pondering she decided to try something.

Making sure no one could see into her house she moved to her basement. She lined up a few empty cans just behind a blank wall. Then she attempted only covering her right hand in Novus. Trying to remeber what that radiation blast felt like she attempted to create it again.

After a number of tries she managed to get a small blast. It's radius was only about the radius of a basketball, but that was ok since she didn't want to destroy her home.

Alice: Nova, is it possible for me to condence that so it only radiates in a forward direction?

Nova: It is possible. I believe you are trying to create something more precise to avoid too much surrounding damage. I can support you in trying to control the radiation but it might not turn out the way you want.

 Alice asked Nova to make sure she didn't generate too much of the radiation before making her attempts. It was slow at first but she started noticing the explosion going more forward instead of in a 360 degree radius. After three hours of practice, she managed to get a more condenced shot instead of a blast.

It hit the wall and then expoloded leaving a glowing groove in the wall. She felt kind of embarrassed and guilty about doing that much damage. Alice tried to aim it a bit better at her target. This time it hit the can but it just pierced right through it and then blew another groove in the wall.

Nova: I believe that what you have managed to do is trap the blast into a small but fast projectile instead of creating a straight beam that you were intending on. If the mass it colides with isn't dense enough, it simply breaks through it without detonating. If it's possible, I believe you should practice it while in your Novon state.

Alice understood why Nova had requested this but she couldn't do that here. Even at night in the park someone would definatly hear the blast go off.

It was then she heard the phone ring. At first she thought it might have been Fred or Zoey. But when she checked, the caller had no ID. She asked who it was she heard a familiar voice but it was neither Zoey or Fred.

Brian: So how has the survivor of the highway been doing as of late?

Alice: How did you get this number?

Brian: You'd be surprised at how far a simple phone book and a name could get you.

Alice: Look I'm sorry about what happened yesterday so if you have nothing more to talk about then I'll just say goodb - . . .

Brian: Oh I am by no means pissed off about that. Quite the opposite. I'm actually wanting someone like you for a special little something. And before you object no I'm not asking you out. I'm talking about something more benificial to me and alot of other innocent bystandards.

Alice: I don't know what you're talking about . . .

Brian: Oh I think you do miss Vermire, that is if you want to prove you're still human.

She was shocked. It was strange how a girl like herself could so easily beat down a guy like Brian. But does he suspect her of being a Dayon?

Alice: What do you want Brian?

Brian: Good, you get my drift. This is how it's gonna work. Meet me and a special guest of mine at the haunted mansion on district 37 at about midnight. We're going in regardless of you showing up. But if you care for this friend of yours you'll be there.

He hung up before Alice could ask anything further.

Alice: I always knew that he was violent and ambitious. But I never thought he was this resourceful.

Nova: Based on his specific form of speaking it seemed like he was in a state of desperation. Will you be co-operating with Brian?

Alice knew she had to go. Brian isn't going to just randomly announce his discovery, but if he puts something together, then she could be forcefully exposed.

________________________________________________________________________

It was close to midnight. Brian only believed her to be a Dayon, and with any luck she might be able to keep it that way. Alice was one road across the street from the mansion.

It had a pair of policemen patroling the area and had alot of "Do not Enter" yellow tape around the front. She then heard someone comming from behind her. She turned expecting Brian but instead found Fred.

Fredrick: What the hell are you doing here?

Was this Brians surprise guest she thought?

Alice: I came here because of Brian. I really can't explain more then that.

Fredrick: Yeah, so am I. Earlier this morning when I went to the cafe, I saw him talking to Daniel again.

Alice: What? Don't tell me he kidnaped him.

Fredrick: I don't know about that but I don't trust the guy so since then I've sort of been following him. Must be black mailing you as well.

Brian: Hey, don't go judging people behind thier backs.

They both turned to face

Brian: Well thanks for being here early. I always heard you were good at being punctual.

He then turned to Fred.

Brian: I don't remember you being on the guest list Nazi. Get a free invitation or something?

Fred was already irritated looking as though he wanted to try sluging him again.

Brian: Sorry babe, this guy must have heard me over the phone or something. Ah well, it's always good to have an extra.

Another person was comming just behind him. Both Alice and Fred were surprised to see Daniel of all people.

Fredrick: Dude, what are you doing here? Don't tell me you're here to help this wanker as well!?

Daniel: Sorry but I can't tell you anything right now.

Fredrick: Is this some kind of . . .

Alice: It's ok Fred, this isn't getting us anywhere. So why did you call us out here Brian?

Brian: I was getting to that. I just hope you all know your horror movies.

________________________________________________________________________

 

Brian: Ok we're all gonna go in once the cops come back out, then I'll explain the full details.

Fredrick: Oh just spill it already, jackass.

Brian: Ever watched a haunted house movie? Well there's you're explanation. You don't have to join us since you're the extra.

For a good ten minutes Fred and Brian quietly argued over the whole thing. Brian seemed to have a suspicious look on his face but he said nothing in responce.

Daniel: The police should have finished their internal patrol. But they still haven't come out.

Brian: They havent . . . ? Alright everyone follow me. And for your own sake, be ready for anything.

Before Alice or Fred could object, Daniel was already right behind him. Nova quietly warned.

Nova: His mental ativity has become very tense.

Alice: Can you tell me if there's anything in there?

Nova: My scan range is limited to an 8 foot radius right now. And this structure was intentionally built as a classic so it lacks any digital functions. 

Alice: Brian doesn't really want to go in there. Even if it's just some prank, this probably wont end well.

Nova: If he knows what a Dayon is then he may have had one or more encounters with them. 

When they entered the mansion there was evidence that the police had been investigating the area. As for the two who were on patrol at the moment. They couldn't find any trace of them.

Brian: Yeah he's definatly here today.

Fredrick: He who? The boogyman or something like that.

Brian didn't respond while he looked around the front entrance.

Brian: Ok, two are gonna go further in and the other two watch this room.

Fredrick: If you really believe in this haunted mansion garbage, isn't splitting up usualy the dumbest idea ever?

Brian: Oh absolutly. The problem is that nothing ever happens if no one does something stupid like that. So that's why we're splitting into pairs. Vermire, you and I are going on offense. As for the loner and Nazi. They got defense.

Fred objected to the whole thing but Brian gave a few reasons why he had it like that.

Brian: In most haunted house stories, the Busty ones die first.

Alice: Jee thanks, I guess. So what's to stop it from going after the most arrogant?

Brian: I know it won't come at me . . .

Nova: Becareful Alice. He was much more confident in that line.

Brian: But just to be safe. Here you go.

He then handed Fred the axe he was carying. Fred wasn't sure if he should be thankful or suspicious.

Fredrick: You really are taking this too seriously Brian.

Brian: Then you know I'm not playing games here. So you ready to go ginger?

Fredrick: You know we should just leave him. 

Alice: If it's just a prank then worst case senario is that he makes a fool of me, get's his cheap laugh and then we can leave.

Brian: If you see cops, you hide and if you see anything that should not be then you run the fuck away. And stay away from the cob webs.

________________________________________________________________________

Alice knew that Brian wasn't being direct with everyone. Both Alice and Brain walked further into the mansion leaving Fred and Daniel on lookout.

Brian: Alright we're far enough in to be in danger. This is where we split up now.

Alice: Why?

Brian: Because this way everyones in danger. I'll be in the middle of the mansion so make sure you give a good scream and I might be able to come to the rescue.

Alice: Ok that's it Brian! I am not playing along with your game. What is it that has you acting so crazy?

Brian: Notice that I don't have Pat and Todd with me? Well I can tell you that the Dayon in here is the reason for that. As for the full story, maybe I'll tell you if we're successful today.

She did notice awhile ago, but until he said that, she believed those two were just not comming today.

Brian: So since I don't have to pretend anymore this is the idea. Daniel and Fred are the bait, I then stall for time and then you come in and take care of Hive.

Alice: Hive?

Brian: You'll see him for yourself. Lets not go any further away from the other guys. It will come after either us or them.

In that same moment Alice said she heard a wistle comming from the entrance.

Brian: That's the signal. Common we gotta get back before they get eaten.

They both began to rushing back. Brian knew that Daniel was prepared if it came after him first but Fred might actually be a hinderence since he knows nothing about Dayon.

When they entered the main entrance they found Daniel trying to climb back to his feet. Daniel pointed up to the ceiling, saying it has Fred. And there it was, the monster that had been tormenting Brian for so long. It looked like a overgrown baby with dead pale skin. From it's back sprouted out eight black spider legs, and from the waste down it was easily the opisthosoma.

Fred was held in it's grasp, paralyzed and unconscious.

Hive: The, bad, person, returns.

Brian then pulled out Pats gun from yesterday.

Brian: That's right, the bad persons here Hive. What's wrong, Your old name not good enough for you? Tch, tipicle little twerp.

Despite what Brian had told her eariler, she didn't realize that Brian and the Dayon knew eachother this well. As he opened to fire, the creature named Hive would either try to block it with it's legs or use Fred to shield it's central body.

It began to spin webs binding both Brian and Alice. It dangled them both in the air on it's webbing, slowly approaching Brian. Hive then used his webbing to bend Brians armed hand to point at his head.

Hive: Spicule wants to meet you. Today is a good day even for the bad person.

Brian: Not going to lie. I have no idea who the hell that is.

It turned to Fredrick with intent observation.

Hive: This, one, has, flexibility. Can, be, worth, something, if, ignorance, is, destroyed.

He then turns to Daniel, partially contious but still binded.

Hive: This, one, has, no, value. It, cannot, be, used, even, for, food.

Finally he turns to Alice, still struggling in the webs but do not seem to be retraining her the way he wants them to.

Hive: This, one, is, . . . I, do, not, understand. I, do, not, see, human, or, dayon, or, reaver. What, are, you?

Alice: Ngh, it's not working . . .

Nova: The webbing of this dayon has anesthetic properties to it. If it's possible, try to stall it as long as you can. It should not take me long to create an anti-body.

Hive: You, are, a, rare, treasure. Spicule. I, must, take, you, to, Spicule. The, bad, person, the, treasure, and, the, potential, will, come. The, other, is, of, no, interest.

While Hive's gaze was fixed on Alice. Brian slowly grabbed a syringe from his jacket and injected himself with it adrenaline. For a short period he was able to reject the anesthetic.

Brian: Looks like you're having some trouble thier Babe. Here, let me help you.

In that moment he did something that even Hive was not expecting. He shot Alice in a vital organ without even so much as blinking. Daniel's eyes were wide open when he witnessed this.

Alice was losing her eyesight. It felt as though eveything around her was becoming silent end empty. It was like she was never going to wake again.

Nova: Protocal dictates action. Standard recovery is insufficient to repair damage. Reconstruction is required. Anti-body is now complete. Once recovery is done I will have to shut down and reset myself for a short period of time. Be ready to act Alice.

Her heart started to pump rapidly. She began to start hearing her surroundings again. Everything became clear once more and at the same time she began to feel more alive then ever before. She felt the Novus course through-out her body. Her growth began challenging Hives webbing while the energy began to destroy it.

Alice landed on the ground and then stood up with her head looking towards the ceiling. At this point she now had to stand 13'2 feet tall. She was now bigger then both Brian and Daniel combined. The Novus that covered her body also took a slightly different design. Some parts of the Novus matter had small hard points around joints and vital areas.

Hive would seem like a toddler to her, excluding the legs. He was both surprised and a little afraid of what Alice had become. Brian found the webs lose enough to try and fire at Hives head.

Sadly because the webs still had a small grasp on his arm the best he could do is hit Hives shoulder. In it's pain, Hive had dropped Fred and retaliated by striking Brian with one of it's legs. If not for the adrenaline, he would be in shock right now. Brian managed to pull himself to his feet again beholding the form Alice took.

Brian: Well damn . . . You don't look like any Dayon I've seen before, heh.

Alice: Are you completly insane!?

Brian: Hey babe it worked at least. You can kick my ass later.

Alice: . . . Don't go too far away, jerk.

Hive then turned it's attention to Alice.

Hive: The, bad, man, betrays, all, why, help, him?

Alice: It's not for him.

It began to fire webs from it's legs and catch multiple objects while at the same time trying to restrain Alice. The energy that her Novon state was generating however was causing the webs on her body to disintegrate rapidly.

She was successful in dodging the debris that Hive had been launching at her. It attempted to recapture either Fred, Brian or Daniel. She managed to protect them even if she had to take some hits.

Alice: I know I must seem frightening to you but please Daniel, just take Fred out of here. I promise to explain this when this is finished. Daniel didn't say anything and did what she asked. Alice then returned her attention to Hive.

She was getting sick of him just taking shots at her and tried to close in. However the distance that she could leap was now greater then it was the last time she transformed and ended up going faster then she thought.

Because of the closed space, it was difficult for her to manuver. Since Hive had capabilities that resembled a spider, he had the edge in closed spaces.

Alice pulled herself from the wall she crashed into. Alice then thought about using what she practiced earlier today. Hive barely avoided getting hit by the first attack but the blast that came after shook its grip. 

He managed to catch himself on more left over webs, but Alice did not stop trying to hit it. In desperation, Hive attempted to make a thick webbing reinforced by it's legs to withstand the blast. He had difficulty moving around with the walls falling apart around himself.

He eventually was stuck using its webbing to block further energy blasts. But his legs were starting to feel the effects from the shock . And soon it couldn't spin it's webbing quick enouch to withstand constant attacks like that. Alice was successful in closing in on Hive.

She wasn't choking Hive but was holding him by the neck. It's legs were tired out and its actual hands were too weak to free itself from Alices grasp. It even tried using its stinger hidden in its opisthosoma, but to no luck as the Novus covering her body wouldn't be pierced.

She saw a terrified look in his eyes. It almost felt like she was holding a tiny animal. Struggling to break free but with no means of success. It wasn't a feeling she enjoyed. 

Hive: You're, like, him,. . . You're, like, Spicule.

He had been saying that same word from before. It sounded like it was a name.

Alice: Who, is Spicule?

Brian however picked up his gun and had a good shot aimed at Hives head. But it seemed like he was hesitating. Hive drew what little strength he could and launched a stinger at cieling, knowing the mansion only needed one more push to collapse. Brian tried to make a break for it. Before he could get out of the way, Hive had lauched a large ball of webbing at him. He was unable to move or even point his gun correctly.

Brian: Fuck . . . Just kill him already, forget about me.

Alice was forced to choose between Hive or Brian.

Hive: Spicule, is, waiting, in, the, underworld. We, will, meet, again.

Alice didn't have enough time to help Brian and deal with Hive. She chose to save Brian despite his demand.

The mansion lost the last of it's support. Daniel came running when the rubble had ceased it's collapse. Alice pushed up whatever debris was in the way carrying Brian out of the web ball.

He felt completly defeated.

Brian: Fuck . . . why did I hesitated. Now that son of a bitch is probably crawling away. This was my best chance to get him . . . I'm surprised you bothered to save my worthless ass.

Alice: I'm not doing what you want me to do just so you can get the easy way out.

Brian: Heh. Guess it ain't hard to boss people around when your a goliath.

Alice lightly flicked Brian over the head.

Alice: Next time you want help just ask me up front. You knew I wasn't going to die from the bullet wound didn't you. In fact you seem to know alot about Dayon in general. Are you Red Raven?

Brian: Nope. I don't think I'll ever be THAT fucked up. I just pick up street smarts. Once I got in a fight with some guy and stabbed him in the gut. Next thing I know I was running for my life from a pissed off giraffe man (as close as he could describe).

For a moment there was silence but then Daniel picked up the gun. He pointed it at Brian while maintaining his usual calm face. Alice was about to stop him when Brian waved her away.

Alice: Daniel?

Brian: I got no last words and I don't blame you. Go ahead, Guy . . . Do It.

It was about five seconds before he pulled the trigger. But only a click came out. He then dropped the gun to Brians feet.

Daniel: That was your pride.

Brian didn't even realize it was out of ammo.

Brian: I . . . I, was going to fail either way . . .

________________________________________________________________________

The silence was broken when they heard sirens not too far away. Brian looked out for a moment.

Brian: You two get out of here. I'll stay here with Fredrick and deal with the cops.

Alice: But they'll probably blame you for the whole thing. I can probably carry all three of you like this.

Brian: I've done alot of thing's I'm not proud. I planned to turn myself in if we won. Jobs not finished but who knows. I might get another chance.

Alice: You're saying I should just leave Fred here?

Brian: Tomorrow's headlines will read "Juvenile delinquent destroys dusty old mansion and endangers fellow peers" or would you rather it be "Giant cyber girl destroys old mansion while trying to beat up ugly spider and is now being detained in special lab", pick one.

Daniel: Are you sure you're prepared for that. They won't just let you off with a slap across the wrist.

Brian: Just get out of here. I'll choose my own methode for making amens.

Alice didn't like the idea of Brian getting blamed for eveything that Hive and herself did while in the mansion.

Daniel: I know you want to help him. But he has blamed himself for every crime that took place in that house. Even if Hive was the true culprit.

Alice felt ashamed that she allowed this to happen but if she tried to help Brian. He may never forgive himself in the long run.

Daniel: I think it's time to go. First we'll leave here and then you can explain what all this is about. Because I bet Brian could tell, and I certainly can tell that you're no Dayon.

Alice did remeber promising to tell him. After they had escaped she would explain to him what had happened.

Alice: Yeah . . .

But she would still remeber what Hive said before he escaped "Spicule is waiting in the underworld. She did not know who this person was but Hive wasn't just attacking people for fun. Alice would have to be more alert from here on.

End Notes:

Well I'm glad I managed to get this up. So again any suggestions or things anyone wishes to add would be great. I'd also really like to hear some tips from the more professional writers if they notice anything interesting or faulty.

Chapter 5: New Leads by FleetingMoment
Author's Notes:

Finally free to make changes and thanking AsukaFan2001 for the correction. I might make attempts to write this on a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly basis depending on how well I can think about it.

???: How did this one come to be . . . . .

Alice could hear a voice in her head but it didn't sound like Nova.

Alice: Who said that?

???: This girl can partially hear me as well. I do not want to get my hopes up just yet so I will observe for now.

Alice: Get out of my head! . . . . Was that a dream? Please let that be all that it was.

Nova: Good morning.

Alive: Nova . . . That was not you talking just a moment ago was it?

Nova: I did not say anything until you were awake.

Alice: Must have been someone else then . . . Wait, you're inside me, how did you not hear anything?

Nova: If there was any cerebral communication to you from a third party, I would have detected it. Part of a defense mechanism against Reaver activity.

Alice: Really . . . Guess That's all there is to it then.

At that point Alice was certain that Nova knew nothing more. Maybe Nova couldn't observe dreams. But regardless there was no use thinking further about that now.

Alice: Say Nova, I heard both those other Dayon confuse me with something called a Reaver. I didn't ask before because I was pre-occupied. But what are they anyway?

Nova: To put it simply a Reaver is the opposite of a Dayon. While a Dayon is born by consuming an Eyous, a Reaver is Born when the Eyous overtakes it's host.

Alice: So it's not the same as what you and I have?

Nova: It's quite different. Eyous can use their energy without causing the hosts body to mutate into a Dayon. However as a Reaver, the Eyous puts a sevear tax on the hosts body in order to use their abilities. The victim would in simple terms "shrivel up into a dried husk". The Eyous would then find another host. I basically do the oppisite.

Alice: Ahh ok so since you do the opposite of Ayous then that would explain WHY I'VE GOTTEN SO FREAKING HUGE! I thought you said you had this under control.

Alice's body had grown from 5'6 feet to 5,10. Her legs have gotten longer, shoulders broader and hips wider. It was no longer the body of a highschool student but of a 30 year old woman in her prime.

Alice: I'm taller then an average guy now. And . . . they've gotten bigger too.

She blushed when she examined her breast size to discover that they have grown from C's size to almost DD's.

Nova: This is the minimum growth I could allow. Reconstruction from injuries like that require both stem cells and the adult cells. My systems allow me to construct stem cells to allow reconstruction. But to keep your body from becoming unstable, I also need to mix them with your cells as well. In your case it was estrogen, or if I was housed in a male body it would be testosterone.

Alice: When I got shot, by Brian. Then I guess it's what I get for following him into that place.

Nova: The individule Brian is something of a mystery. The damage was very specifically aimed around the liver.

Alice: Well he thought I was a Dayon, but if it was anywhere vital, wouldn't I have transformed anyway?

Nova: Dayons do indeed force transform if they're human form is badly injured as a survival mechanism. But Brians particular wound was ment to cause an adrenaline rush. It to contributed to the reconstruction, otherwise I would have been able to manage the expansion better.

Alice: Great . . . How am I suppost to explain this to everyone?

Daniel: Best methode is to start from the begining.

Alice was surprized to see Daniel, quickly covering herself with the bed sheets.

Alice: Daniel! Oh, umm Hi . . . . What are you doing here . . .

Daniel: I live here. Guess you really did blackout there.

She looked around and noticed that she was in an apartment bed room. Alice felt embarased that she only just noticed the different scenary.

Daniel: It's fine. I probably would have made the same mistake if I was in your shoes. Anyway I got you some cloths. I stuck to generic stuff since I don't know your preferences. When your ready I'll be in the main room.

After Daniel closed the door Alice got dressed with what he left for her. It more suitable for her new figure but it definatly didn't completly fit. Well he is a guy so there are things he doesn't have to deal with.

Alice: Didn't you say you could save anything I was wearing?

Nova: Normally yes, with the exception being any clothing that was already destroyed prior to Transformation. The webbing sliced them to pieces before I could secure them in Novus. If you were to find the remains I can reconstruct them.

Alice: Probably can't recover them anyway at this point. Wait if you can do that then how far does that go?

Nova: I do not yet know myself because my current paramiters denies me access to higher levels.

Alice: Guess I'll have to figure it out as I go later.

When she came out of the room, she found Daniel playing darts by himself.

Daniel: How are you feeling, any better? I got some beverages or medicine if you need any.

Alice: Uhh . . . I think I'm ok thank you.

Daniel: The offer's still there if you change your mind. So guess I'll get straight to the main question. Who's Nova?

Alice: I . . . Guess you heard me talking to myself after all.

Alice was really hoping he missed that.

Daniel: I can tell the difference between someone talking to themselves and someone talking to someone on a microphone.

Alice: Ok . . . Well you could say Nova is the one who's been keeping me alive. And well, also lives inside of me.

Daniel: Sounds like an Eyous to me.

Something was wrong with this picture she thought to herself. There's no official story about any of this and yet there are people like Daniel and Brian who know so much.

Alice: How is it that you know so much about Eyous? Brian was also very well prepared to deal with Hive and yet there's no official story on any of it.

Daniel: Guys like me and Brian learn about them the hard way. This city alone is massive enough to contain roughly 180,000,000 people. I'd say at most 40% of people have encountered at least 1 Dayon. And 23% actually are Dayons. 1% might be Reavers. That's still a good chunk of people. The Conclave usually keeps a lid on that kind of activity. Don't ask me why, because I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Alice: What about you then? How did you find out about them?

Daniel: I watched the Red Raven slay one.

Alice: That's quite interesting considering I learned of them the same way.

Daniel: I know it's hard but I don't think you should go near Red Raven if you can help it. He's probably a sociopath, and kills everyone he sees. You've seen the news right?

Alice: I actually wanted to ask him if he saw anyone else like my father escape the highway incident. But I don't trust the media's opinion of him. The Dayon was the one who killed everyone else so I can't hold it against him.

Daniel: Really?

Alice: I get the feeling that he hunts Dayon and then just takes the blame for the crimes they do. I may be being Naive when I say this but I don't think he's half as horrible as people make him out to be.

Daniel: First time I've heard of someone praising him before.

Alice: I kind of have a habbit of saying things people don't expect me to say sometimes. But in any case, Thank you for your hospitality.

Daniel: Sure thing. I would have taken you home but I didn't know where that was so I was stuck.

Alice: How did you bring me here anyway? I remeber I was leaping off buildings before my head started getting Fuzzy, and then I woke up here.

Daniel: Well . . . You were doing just that and then I recall you landed on the ground befor passing out. Afterwords you srunk back to your current size. Guess Nova or whatever you call it ran out of gas. I think that bullet wound probably didn't help either.

Alice: But wait I recall Hive pretty much shreaded everything I was wearing so that means . . .

Alice began to blush by the thoughts she had just given herself. Daniel didn't seem to comfortalbe talking about it either.

Daniel: I . . . Didn't try to look . . . And I couldn't find anything that would work as a cover. Sorry is the only thing else I could say. I didn't let any paparazzi catch me.

Alice: It's fine, ok. You don't seem like a rapist or a liar. But I couldn't have been easy to carry. It's been happening to me ever since Nova joined me.

Daniel: It was managable.

Alice: Guess I should be thankful it wasn't Fredrick or Brian. Fred would have made everything into an akward moment from then on. And Brian, well I prefer not to think of him.

Daniel: Well he did turn himself in. At one point you have to choose when the punishment will end otherwise it never will. The news said pretty much everything he predicted. Except for a small detail.

Alice: Which is . . .?

Daniel: Apparently because he 17 he doesn't qualify to be charged as an adult. They didn't know how to handle it. Police Chied Naganata apparently volunteered to take him into service as an apprentice under probation.

Alice: How come?

Daniel: Apparently Naganata sees that he has a hidden talent that is hard to find because everyone thinks he's a juvenile delinquint. That it's better to try and set people like that on a better path before it's too late or something like that.

Alice: Police Chief Naganata . . . As in Soki Naganata?

Daniel: You know him?

Alice: Yeah, that's Zoey's father.

Daniel: Seems like everyone has their secrets now a days.

Alice: I met him a couple of times, he's stricked but he's not a barbarian. Actually he helped me out with a problem I had to deal with in elementary.

Alice didn't seem to like talking about her elementary school life.

Daniel: Probably better if I let you keep that one closed. So you're ok to head home on your own, because I can walk with you if you want.

Alice: That's ok, you've done alot for me already. But thanks for the offer. I'll see you at school tomorrow.

Alice took her leave and headed back home. She wondered though if Soki would know anything about the lower level. Although he's a by the books like of person so he might not be able to help or just flat out refuse to. She could try talking to Zoey about it but it will be hard to ask her without brining up any Dayon.

End Notes:

So here's hoping people are going to be interested in this thing again. I might be making slightly less scenes in 1 chapter just to both improve the speed I can release them at and make it easier to structure the story as well.

Chapter 6: Crypter & Invasion by FleetingMoment
Author's Notes:

I think I can get started on a role now that I'm getting to the action parts. Might even try for releasing these faster.

          School began the next day. While there was not anything particularly memerable going on there was talk about a dance comming up in a few weeks. Normally Alice naturally avoided them from the get go. However she had been getting offers from several guys as soon as the lunch break started. Trying to avoid attention became alot more difficult then what she was used to. Fred made attempts every chance he could get but it was a bit surprizing for him to not be first. Instead he tried with several other girls.

Fredrick: Will you go to the dance with me?

Girl 1: No

Fredrick: Will you go to the dance with me?

Girl 2: No

Fredrick: Will you go to the dance with me?

Girl 3: No

Fredrick: Well I tried.

Girl 4: Hey, What about me?

Fredrick: What about you!

Alice and Zoey could hear Freds failed attempts from on the other side of the room.

Zoey: Seems like being put into the hospital didn't dull him in anyway. I still don't know why he went to that old mansion in the first place.

Alice: He might have been trying to get payback from two days ago. Fred and Brian always seemed to be against one another. Though I really wish he wouldn't have tried it in the first place.

Thankfully there was no report about her, Daniel or Hive. Fredrick doesn't seem to remeber a much of the event either. But then again she was reminded about what Daniel said. How the Dayon are kept off the media.

Fredrcik: Well that was rubbish. Five more and I'm going to break my own record for failed attempt. Anyone who says getting a girl is easy is either really spoiled or really stupid.

Zoey: You really don't need to try every single girl in the school to get anywhere do you?

Fredrick: Well I've pretty much tried everyone I could think of.

Zoey: Yeah all but one.

The second Fredrick heard those words he was like a lounging dog that just noticed a frizby. He gently grabs Zoeys hand and goes on his knees like a knight.

Fredrick: Zoey, will you go to the Dance with me?

Zoey: . . . You were just waiting for me to say that wern't you.

Fredrick: Oh common, would you rather sit in the subsitutes class and learn about . . . Math?

Zoey: Well he did assign us homework to deal with.

Fredrick: Yeah, that's why I don't like Mr. Dominic. And what do you need more math for?

Zoey: I can't dance Fred, and you just came from the hospital. Shouldn't you take it easy.

Fredrick: Ahh that's for chumps. Besides, I wanted to see if that hospital was actually doing any illegal modifications.

Alice: I've said this before and I'll say it again. They didn't do anything to me in that hospital.

Regretably Alice had to return to covering up the highway incident. She even tried to bind her breasts with a first aid sling to make them look smaller. Of course her height alone wasn't something she could shave off let alone everything else.

Zoey: I honestly can't see you as a highschool student anymore. I don't see any scars anywhere so you definatly didn't go in for surgery.

Alice: Could both of you please stop gocking at me. It's probably just the last growth spurt or something like that.

Fredrick: Well it's either that or human experimentation or just really really really expensive cosmetics, which of course is like the legalised version of human experimentation. I mean you've pretty muched one upped Bianca and those other high status people.

Zoey: Don't get me started on Bianca. Everyone knows those friends of hers just follow her around for the sake of being superior.

Fredrick: That reminds me. Bianca earlier was asking me where Daniel was. Can't imagine why she suddenly has an interest in him.

Alice became conerned now. Bianca was probably one of the crulest people in this school if not already the top. Well known for harassing others. From insults to empty praise.

Alice: Where is Daniel anyway. I didn't see him come in today.

Fredrick: Last time I heard he was in the gym or something. Maybe he's going to try to get into a sports club or something?

Zoey: Ok, sorry but I really don't want to talk about Bianca anymore. I'm just thankful she's not in my class.

It was at that time that Bianca happened to be passing by. She was about 5'7 with straight long blonde hair. Her and her other friends were pretty much dressed up to code for social acceptance.

Bianca: Now now, it's not nice to talk about people behind their backs little Zoey. And here I thought you were always a good girl.

Zoey: . . . I don't need any lessons on kindness, especially not from you and your clones.

Bianca: As charming as always, but enough about you. I was more interested in your new friend anyway.

Fredrick: You mean Daniel? Why?

Bianca: Isn't it interesting how he suddenly took an interest in you guys? I wonder why?

She seemed to have her gaze fixed on Alice. Bianca had been deliberatly avoiding any direct finger pointing but the message was clear.

Bianca: Now that is quite the look for you Alice. Forget what I said before, it's blatently clear why Daniel started taking a liking to you.

Alice: Sorry Bianca, but you and I are not going to get along. There isn't anything to discuss.

Unfortunatly as Alice was simply going to walk away, Bianca had pulled out a small pair if scissors. From behind she dug them through the back of Alice's shirt, cutting the sling and almost making it look like her chest suddenly expanded.

Alice: What are you . . . HEY!

On reaction Alice tried to conceal herself. But it was already too late.

Bianca: Why so shy? Honestly I thought you looked uncomfortable.

Fredrick: Uhhh . . . Wow I don't know if your a genius or simply a bitch.

Bianca: I'm so sorry but this kind of pain is not something that a guy would be able to tell unless they were a real professional, or a complete pervert depending on your point of view.

Alice was considering striking Bianca at this point.

Bianca: You seem really upset there Alice. I know, I should have asked permission first so how about after school me and the gang will take you shopping. You should be proud of what you have. And I believe you deserve something that complements you.

Bianca seemed like she could go on but was interupted when Zoey slapped her across the face.

Zoey: I swear to god Bianca. If you keep harassing Alice, I will jam a fork in your eye. Why the hell are you even here anyway?

Bianca could still feel the stinging, but she didn't seem that agitated from it.

Bianca: . . . How long has it been since you last hit me like that. Oh well they say the smaller dogs are more likely to bite you then the big ones. Honestly I was just here to let you know that next period we were going to be moving into your class.

Zoey: Why?

Bianca: Because of the substitute teacher Mr. Dominic. Some people are away today including teachers and Mr. Dominic has been requested to teach several classes at once. I just wanted to see how my former BFF was doing these days. So anyway nice talking to you girlfriend and here's hoping we can put the water under the bridge. Talk to you later.

Bianca and her group took off leaving a sour taste in everyones mouth. She sounds likeable but her antagonism was vicious.

Fredrick: Well that was . . . Intimidating, for a friendly hello. Not lookjing forward to next period.

Alice could still feel as though everyone was gocking at her. She tried the best she could to not let it get to her.

Zoey: I'm sorry, I shouldn't be so nosy about your changes. I was concerned that something bad happened . . .

Fredrick: Don't take this the wrong way but . . . I do have a First Aid kit in my locker, and I can lend you a sling if you want.

Alice: Thanks anyway Fred . . . But once the secret is out, there's no point in hiding it again. And don't worry Zoey. I am not suffering from any kind of disease.

It was then that Freds cell began to ring.

Fredrick: Hello? Hey Linus, what's up? Oh, ok yeah I think I can but I have to skip class then. Ok sure thing.

He ended the call seeming a bit worried.

Fredrick: Sorry I know this isn't the best time but I gotta go get Margaret. Linus can't make it in time.

Zoey: Thought you would have been calling him dad my now.

Fredrick: He's been my foster father for a good number of years and don't get me wrong I do respect the man but it just doesn't feel right for me yet.

Linus Hatch was the chairman of the Tuwa Foundation. A non profit organization dedicated to the restoration of the earths natural life. Fredrick holds Linus as a respectable man and sometimes tries to help out when he can.

Fredrick: Please let Mr. Dominic know that I won't make it. I really hate to leave you guys to Mrs. Bitch but I also have my sister to look out for.

Zoey: Relax, she tries anything and you know what will happen.

________________________________________________________________________

     The Bell rang for next period. Before Mr. Dominic entered the room, Alice could already see Bianca making herself comfortable. They didn't come near her or try to talk to her yet, and with any luck it will stay like that.

Nova: The individule Bianca . . . I do not understand her character. Is she a threat?

Alice tried to think what she wanted to say to avoid making it look like she was talking to herself.

Alice: One name for her is a bully. Someone who harasses others for various reasons.

Nova: I cannot see anything logical about her kind of offense. Is she suffering from a type of psychosis?

Alice: No, that would be to convinient of an excuse. If you try to think of it in a logical format then you'll never be able to understand.

Finally Mr. Dominic came into the class getting himself ready for the lesson. He was of average height with an averange build wearing glasses and had a small beard.

Dominic: Well I hope everyone enjoyed the lunch break. Before we get started I just want to make a few small announcments. First is the fact that you will be sharing this classroom with other students so try to get along.

Bianca whinked towards Alice as if to say "I told you so". It was somewhat irritating but Alice could let it pass for now.

Dominic: Second is that we are going to have a fire drill in a little bit so I want you all to be ready for that. And finally we're going to play a small little word game before we get started.

Some of her class mates groaned at the sound of that.

Dominic: Don't worry I know it doesn't sound like much and a complete waste of time. That's why I added a prize to it. And I mean it's not some cheap sqirt gun or something boring like that. It definatly is worth the effort. I can't tell you directly but it's something that uses gas and it's on wheels.

Alice thought that something seemed a bit off aside from the merged classes and the fact that a substitute teacher who is usually a by the books kind of teacher is now doing something completly unprofessional. Zoey didn't seem to thrilled even with the mention of a prize while everyone else was jumping for joy.

Dominic: Alright the trick is you simply got to guess the word I have written down here. The hint is Spike. The answer has an afiliation with this word. And you're allowed to have as many guesses as you want if you can raise your hand fast enough. Alright lets begin.

Many of the other classmates kept throwing out words that had something to do with te word Spike such as needle, impale, sting, pierce etc. It took about half an hour to go through that many different words.

Dominic: Zoey, I haven't seen you make an attempt yet. Why don't you give it a go?

Zoey: Ugh . . . If I have to. Punture, Rupture . . . I don't know umm Spicule?

Dominic: Congradulations my dear you are the winner, please follow me to claim your prize.

There was one word that clicked in Alice's head.

Zoey: What, uhh no thanks I'd rather get on with the class. I'll just pass it to someone else.

Dominic: Now that's not going to work. It's your responcibility as the winner to claim your prize. Steven, Josh, if you could be so kind as to help escort our victory girl to the gym.

Zoey: Huh Hey what are you doing?

It happened so quickly the second the word Spicule was mentioned that Alice hardly had no time to react.

Alice: Hey, get off her already?

Dominic: I'll be right back class so in the mean time I'll leave Bianca in charge. Try not to abuse your new athority my dear.

Bianca: Sure thing Mr. Dominic.

And then she was immediatly in Alices way as the others took Zoey away.

Alice: What are you trying to do? I never liked you from the begining but this doesn't seem like you at all.

Bianca: Why I was simply inspired by you. And honestly I really find you quite pretty. I mean I hang around with these stupid blonde bimbos all day yapping all day about some garbage I really don't give to flying shits about. You on the other hand seem to have real natural looks. No cheap makup, no cosmetics, no expensive surgery, and an actual brain in your head.

Alice: Get out of my way.

Bianca: Don't worry about Zoey. Invasion won't hurt her. And you got nowhere to go anyway. We're having a fire drill after all.

Alice: Invasion . . . You mean Mr. Dominic?

Bianca then pushed a button on her cell. Most likely an instant message to an unknown source. Within seconds the fire alarms went off as well as the srinklers.

Bianca: I think it's time to see if everyone's been paying attention in class about the importance of firedrills.

Based on Bianca's confidence, it was fair to assume that she would have to be a Dayon. And this kind of quardination was too elaboratly deranged for a simple prank.

Alice: You're not just a Dayon . . . Are you working with Hive?

Bianca: Well thank you for remebering our little firends name. How touching. Yeah, Spicule was both intreagued and annoyed with you bullying our little friend.

Alice: Let me guess. Let the lackies examine the threat and wait for the results?

Bianca: Wow . . . you certainly do know alot of cliche's don't you. It's not quite like that but points to you for a good guess. Actually Spicule said he would come meet you in person once he finished a job. Me and Invasion are simply doing two missions as a favor to him while he's away. Now then my BFFs, please repay Alice the hospitality she showed Hive.

There was something wrong with Bianca's firends. In fact they seemed to have a bit too much make-up on. They didn't get offened when Bianca pretty much described how much she hated them. They all tried to jump on Alice like a pack of wolves. Alice acted fast and switched to a partial Novus state. The attackers were trying to bite and scratch through her skin.

Nova: The readings on their bodies . . . I detect a contagant. They also have no pulse.

Alice: Are you saying they're zombies?

Nova: For lack of a better word yes. However the virus seems to only work on a deseased host and it's incapable from spreading from victum to victum. This kind of ability can only be used by a Class B Dayon or higher. Same as the one on the bridge.

Alice: Great now they have ranks.

She began kicking & throwing off her attackers one by one. Breaking their bodies so they wouldn't be able to get back up. Bianca on the other hand was not concerned at all about her minions. She became facinated by Alice's partial Novus form.

Bianca: You know, you really do look pretty. Don't tell me you haven't told your friends about this have you? I feel bad for Zoey. Every other week you seem to get bigger and just flat out more gorgeous. Must make her a bit envious. I mean I know I certainly am ever since I had to ditch my looks when I became this. When I became Crypter.

Bianca began pulling off the make-up on her face to reveal something more sinister. The area around her eyes were horendously rinkly. And yet she still maintained the same grin she had before. And now she calls herself Crypter.

Alice: Is that what happens when you become a Dayon?

Crypter: Just like Hive told me. You really are neither Dayon or Reaver, so I can forgive you for not knowing about this. Dayon always have disfigurements in their human forms. But it's hoestly great that I can stop pretending and ditch all the little props. You have inspired me so much girlfriend and from this day I will only wear accessories that I respect.

She grabbed the left sleve of her shirt and ripped it off. On her shoulder there was a tattoo that had the picture of a demon with a slash around the head.

Crypter: Took me awhile but I got signed up with Devil Scar.

Alice: Hive had the same mark . . . But I've known you since mid-school. How long have you been like this?

Crypter: Oh it happened before mid-school. But that's not that interesting of a story. If you heard it the first time you can pretty much guess them all. I'm much more interested in your story. You know when Zoey was still apart of my social circle.

Alice: I didn't think you really cared.

Crypter: Nothing against you but she really was the one I didn't want to be friends with. She was cleaver and had a brighter future then us and yet we were just dragging her down. That was until you came along. You could tell that she was throwing her life away and you tried to stop her. And to think her folks were going to waste all that money on some guidence councuilor. So do you think you can save her again?

Alice: There's nothing to think about in that field. I'll just do it.

Crypter's body began to twist, streach and expand into something terrible.

Crypter: Yes show me what you really are.

________________________________________________________________________

Dominic: So has the fire begun to spread?

Steven: Sure thing. People should be evacuating as we speak.

Josh: Berts & Kyle got the entrance covered as well. If the fire spreads too much then we can always ditch out the side.

Dominic: Excellent. This won't take long anyway. Now don't worry my dear. You won't remeber any of this when we're done.

Zoey was quiet while having a rather annoyed look on her face. She was tied to a chair in the middle of the gym with ten other students watching her.

Dominic: Please don't struggle to hard. Me and the rest of my children were asked not to do any lasting damage to you so your co-operation is required. You see our little show was just for the sake of getting Naganata's daughter.

Zoey: Don't waste your breath because I don't know anything. Not that I would tell an asshole like you anything.

Dominic: I don't expect you to. You may not know anything anyway but our boss can use you even if it's just a hostage against Soki.

Steven: And when he's done we're going to fuck you. All the guys and girls alike here. Oh and don't give me that look. You fucking higher class people deserve a little suffering. Not to mention your dad through my dad in the slammer for life.

Josh: I got first dibs. Now I don't like it when they try too hard but you can throw a little struggle in it to make it worth my effor- - -Ghhhu.

Before he could finish his sentance he was struck in the head with a basket ball. When they all looked to see who threw the basket ball they found it to have been lauched by Daniel.

Dominic: Didn't you say that no one could get in here without us knowing?

Steven: Seriously no one got in here once we secured it. Bastard must have been in here before us.

Daniel kept his usual cold expression while branding a baseball bat.

Daniel: I would ask you what joy you get in gang banging someone who had done nothing to you. But then again I really don't care about your misery.

Josh: You made me bite my tough and gave me a migrane you little fuck.

Steven: Really should have stayed in whatever closet you were in.

While Dominic simply watched. The others began circling Daniel. He did his best but every time he hit someone, another would simply strike at him right after.

Steven: You even hit women.

Josh: Aww and I thought you were trying to be the white knight, loser.

Even when Daniel was down his expression didn't change. He tried to get back up even when struggling.

Josh: At least scream in pain you freak.

If they knocked him down he would get back up. The expression on his face never changes.

Dominic: You're not breaking his will and this will take too long.

Before anyone could blink, Dominic's arm had become large and beastly. Throwing Daniel into the equipment room. And then he continued to transform until he became the Dayon, Invasion.

Steven: Is he dead?

Invasion: No but he won't be getting up in time. If we waste anymore time my childrern then you won't have your play time. Now then my dear we are just going to do a little memory sharing. And don't worry about the events. I will only erase your memories of this day.

End Notes:

Hope people are enjoying it and if there's anything you think I could do to make this better or easier to read for you please let me know in detail. Honestly I probably should have established certain charaters and their origins better but I really do want to start getting into the better stuff.

Chapter 7: The Raven's Shadow by FleetingMoment
Author's Notes:

There was scene I was going to include but I didn't get the time to put it in. I'll probably include it in the next chapter.

         While Invasion began his interrogation of Zoey he had left two of his supposed children to stand guard outside.

Bert: Man, why do I have to be the guardman?

Kyle: Because you got to join in on the interrogation like every other time.

Bert: Ok so I'm good at it. What kind of jackass benches his best player?

Kyle: What the hell makes you think you're the best. Seriously you don't do anything. Frankly standing here and guarding a door works wonders for you.

Bert: Guard duty is so damn boring though.

Kyle: Ok do you mind not talking to me while I'm trying to take a leak? Because it's really gay.

Bert: Yeah about that. Why the fuck are you pissing in the hallway!?

Kyle: Christine and the others were burning this place to the ground anyway and I ain't walking through a building that is intentionally being burned down just to be a good role model.

Bert: Oh for the love of . . . fine! But hurry up already.

Kyle: Shut up! I am done you fat bastard.

Bert: So this is like the part of the building that will burn down last right? Because I haven't seen the others arrive?

Kyle: Who knows maybe they got busted. We can always break them out later.

The two continued to argue waiting for their companions but in that time only one showed up.

Christine: So what, did Invasion get sick of having Bert in the room?

Kyle: Yeah pretty much.

Bert: Oh bite me. Seriously that's an Asian girl in there. Do you know how rare Asians are now a days?

Kyle: Not rare enough for my taste.

Bert: Oh right you prefer the big girls right? You're so shallow.

Kyle: No I'm just not a pedophile.

Christine: Only thing that kinderguardener's got going for her is being the Police Chiefs daughter.

Bert: How come you're not in there then?

Christine: Because Spicule said no physical injuries. And we're doing this behind his back anyway so I'd rather be on the side line when he finds out thank you.

Bert: What we're way past the 21st century. Same Sex shit is no longer illegal. Hell it was still done when it was illegal.

Christine: Do I look like a lezbo to you. God talking with you is such a . . . hey did you pee in here?

Kyle: Yeah he marked his tree right there.

Bert: What, no I didn't you liar!

Christine: Just couldn't hold it could you. Why didn't you just run through the burning school. You might have made it without getting too cooked.

They both continued to taunt Bert for a little while. That was until he noticed that no one else was comming.

Bert: Wait where is everyone else anyway?

Christine: I thought they came back in. I seriously didn't see anyone else.

Kyle: Probably got busted.

Christine: Those chicken shit teachers sure as hell didn't stick around to throw anyone in detention. I seriously didn't see the gang once I set my end off.

It was then a section of the ceiling tiles fell on Bert.

Bert: Oww, Frick! What the hell?

Kyle: You ok there dude?

Bert: Fine. Just why the hell did it drop?

Christine: Well that's how they have the ceilings designed. They still use the old hanging lights for the sake of authenticity. That bit's just the cover up.

Kyle: Amasing how we're in the year 2467 and they're still this cheap.

Christine: Well it's not like resources are getting any more plentiful. They got to cut costs somewhere.

Bert: Ahh to hell with them. This crap is why I wanted to join Devil Scar in the first place.

Christine: I know we're burning the place down, but I'm surprised it just dropped now all of a sudden.

However as they were pondering, they did not notice him. He reached out and grabbed Christine before they had a chance to react. His cloak enveloped Christine like it was a red mist.

Christine: Wha . . . MMFFF - - -.

Kyle: Jeesus!?

Bert: What the . . . was that him?

Before they had a chance to look out the window they heard a crashing sound against the outside wall. It was swiftly followed with three nails puncturing the windowless part of the wall. They dripped in blood leaving Bert and Kyle shocked.

Kyle: Why the hell is he here!?

Bert: I don't fucking know!?

Both of them were terrified.

Kyle: Where the fuck is he!?

It was then Kyle felt a small piece of the ceiling tile fall on his head. He slowly turned around to notice the Red Cloak. And in the center looking down at him was Red Raven. Before Kyle even had a chance to scream, Red Raven was on him. Punturing his body with a number of large nails. Bert was frozen as he watched him impale Kyle.

He then turned his head over facing Bert. Red Raven tilted his head slightly to the right. Bert tried to turn around and slowly walk away in hopes that Red Raven was looking for any sudden movements. He wasn't thinking straight but the thought that came into his mid was "if you leave him be he'll leave me be" over and over. Without warning two nails went flying right by Bert and crashed into the ceiling. Debris and fire blocked Berts path leaving only one exit left. In a panic he rushed over to the gym doors to alert Invasion about the Raven that stalks them.

Bert: Oh god . . . Boss! Boss!

Red Raven: Sub luna saltamus

________________________________________________________________________

         A large hole in the school broke open as Crypter soared through the air revealing her Dayon form. Her arms became wings and her legs became claws. Standing 37 feet in hieght, Crypter was nearly three times the size of Alice's Novus form.

Crypter: Neither Reaver or Dayon. So what do we call you anyway? You seem more like a machine to me.

Alice had nothing to say and instead replied with the projectile weapon she used on Hive.

Crypter: Scary. So that's why Hive was in such bad shape when he came home. It's not nice to bully those smaller then you and you of all people should understand that.

Unlike Hive, Crypter was a Dayon better suited to combat. She had open skies to evade and manuver with the exception of the skyscrapers. As their struggles continued, many civilians paniced and tried to leave the area.

On some of the fleeing crouds, Crypter breathed a black smog enveloping and killing the victims. Within moments the deseased began to rise again like the waling dead. They began charging at Alice trying to overwhelm her size with numbers.

Alice: Is there anyway to cure these people Nova?

Nova: I have begun on making an anti-body to the virus that the Dayon can produce. However it can only cure the virus and currently I have no delivery system. It would only stop their movements anyway. There would be no way to revive them.

Alice: Then these are just her puppets at this point. I'm sorry but this is the only relief I can give all of you.

Without hesitating Alice threw off a cluster of Crypters victims, following it up with a shot. The scattering pieces of the bodies became unusable to Crypter.

Crypter: You know, a few of those people could have been married. Or even had children. And you didn't even hesitate.

Alice: The only thing I can do is stop you from adding to those numbers. I can't save the ones lost.

Crypter: That's what I like about you girlfriend. You get how things work without clinging on to the standard "right and wrongs" layed down by society. Honestly we don't even have a reason to fight to begin with. But I can tell that you feel for those who died so how about I make you a deal. I'll stop this madness and you come with me and meet Spicule. What do you say?

Alice: If Spicule wants to come and get me then he can do it on his own terms. I also have to go after your partner so I don't want to play your black mail games.

Crypter: . . . I remember before that you once pissed off one of our middle school teachers in a similar way.

Crypter then dove down and abducted Alice. Pinning her to the side of a skyscraper.

Crypter: He gave us a scenario where we were all stuck in a room. One switch would set everyone freebut the poor bastard who pushed it would die. And if no one pushed it, then everyone would perish.

Alice tried to strike at Crypter while she was talking. However both were locked in a struggle of physical power.

Crypter: Everyone said the normal stuff. "I would sacrifice myself with the knowledge that the others would live". Of course they can say it really easily but they usually lie so they get good mark.

Nova: Alice I have gotten a proper read out of Crypter.

Alice: Give me a second ok.

Crypter could not hear either of them as they were communicating on a mental basis

Crypter: No one however saw your answer comming. "I'd throw my shoe at it". Which at first sounded increadably stupid. But then it started making sense. Too much sense for the teacher anyway. You argued your point and suddenly the guy lost the point he was trying to make. That's why you don't belong here with these little people. Their society and laws didn't phase you. Just like me.

Alice: I don't recall having any kind of kinship with you.

Crypter: The main difference was you just wouldn't tolerate their bullshit. I played along but deep down I was always a liar. I never liked their system and neither did you. You just wouldn't fall in line.

Alice managed to slip her arm free. She then used the shockwave effect on Crypters wings. As Crypter screamed in pain, Alice didn't waste any time. Getting on her back and forcing Crypter to the ground.

They both crashed leaving a coud of dust from the impact. Alice noitced that there were still people trying to evacuate the area.

Alice: Ok so what was it that you wanted to say Nova?

Nova: I was able to get a read out of Crypter when you came into physical contact. Most Class B Dayons rely heavily on a particular chemical. In this case the black vapor. But it uses a special gland in it's mouth to vaporize the liquid it's body produces.

Alice: So get rid of it and she can't make more zombies with it. Wait why doesn't she just cast it all over the city.

Nova: The chemical is limited to how much it can produce and it breaks down when exposed to open air. Other wise the Dayon could have casted it all over the city.

Alice: Wish I had known that sooner.

As the dust began to clear Alice could hear Crypter taking another breath. She noticed another mob trying to get clear of Crypter, but they wern't fast enough and Alice a bit too far to stop her in time.

She tried one idea and shot at blast at the ground inbetween the crowd and the vapors trajectory. The shockwave erupted pushing the vapor away. Some of the civilians were knocked on their feet but nothing serious. If there was any injuries, they would be minor and alot easier to deal with then the virus.

Alice quickly leaped back on Crypter climbing to her jaw. Unfortunatly Crypter seems to be keeping her mouth closed. She might have known or was always aware of such a weakness and trained her self to protect the mechanisms to her ability.

The initial shockwave attack was unable to break the hardened skin around Crypters jaw and the blast would probably need to get a precise shot. If neither of those worked then she was going to have to break through the skin all together. Similar to how she trapped the shockwave into a shot. Alice tried to keep the trapped shot around her arms preventing it from detonating.

The end result was an energy blade for both hands. Alice did her best to stay in the spot where Crypters wing arms coudn't reach while holding on to the constant thrashing. Giving it all that she had Alice forced the blades through Crypters jaw.

While the damage was done, she was now within arms reach of Crypter who did not hesitate to throw Alice off her. She began coughing up the liquid form of her vapor.

Crypter: You really are a rough girl you know that? Broken wings, damaged caster . . . I'm begining to think you hate me.

Alice: Hate has nothing to do with it.

Crypter then reached her claw into her ear.

Nova: I detect a radio transmission. I think I can hack into it.

Crypter: Are you done yet Invasion. I'm taking alot of damage here that will take me weeks to heal. I honestly don't think I can hold out much longer.

Invasion: MMmmmmm . . .MMMMmm....Mmmmhhhh - - -

Crypter: What the hell is wrong with you speak u-.

Red Raven: Sub Luna Saltamus, Pied Piper.

It was hard to make out the sound with the static but the sounds they could make out were dreadful to think about.

Crypter: . . . That can't be. The Bird is here . . . But why?

Alice: Wait, Zoey was being held by Invasion.

She knew little about Red Raven. He seemed to hunt Dayon but that doesn't mean that he will leave Zoey alone.

Crypter: If that freak show is here then we need to leave now. The bird will just murder you and I if you go to save little Zoey. Your looks and your size mean nothing to him. And I refuse to let the Conclave have you either. Forget these people and their little whims. Your future is with Devil Scar and working with Spicule, we can liberate ourselves from it all.

Alice: I will not follow you or do as you please.

Crypter: Then I have to make my choice as well Alice. I'll drag you to Spicule even if I have to die to do it.

Without any regard for her own well being Crypter charged at Alice in hopes of subduing her. They clashed for a little bit but Crypter was oriented to aerial combat. Many of her other abilities were not working as well. In the end Alice finished the fight by piercing Crypters heart by digging the energy blades just under the rib cage.

Then something happened to Crypter. She began reverting to a half way point between her Human and Dayon form. It looked deformed but it was still human. She struggled to hold herself up by holding on to Alice's shoulder.

Crypter: Heh . . . He can probably . . . Keep going without me . . . You'll have to see him one day . . . You'll understand when you see Spicule . . .

Alice: I really didn't want to do this to you Bianca. But everything you said. Everything you told me. I didn't do anything special. I just said what was on my mind that time.

Crypter: You acted . . . The rest of us just went with the flow . . . That's why I thought you were a pretty girl . . . You were real . . . Everyone was fake to me . . . It was fun while it lasted . . . Enjoy the calm while it lasts . . . And good luck . . .

Crypter then lost all her strength. And within seconds, she was gone. Only her body was left behind. Alice gently layed her on the ground. Words were meaningless now. And saving Zoey was now her priority.

________________________________________________________________________

Alot of people were evacuated from the school. The sprinklers in the building could keep the fire managed but that didn't stop the smoke from spreading. The gym sounded like it was the furthest away from the fire but that doesn't mean it's safe.

Alice: Nova, I know my bodies been altered but can I breath through the smoke?

Nova: It shouldn't be that big of an issue. And in the event that you pass out, I can take manual control to resume where you left off. If your objective could not be achieved I would have no choice but to evacuate you from the area.

Alice: Good enough for me.

Alice ran into the burning building. It would not be long before the firefighters would show up. But they probably won't be fast enough to help the people in the gym. Finally she made it to the gym door but paused as she witnessed the corpse burning on Red Ravens nails. The guy was grewsomly impaled on Red Ravens favorite weapon. And it was only a prelude to what she found inside.

The fire had not spread into this area yet but everywhere she looked there was someone impaled. A different number of nails were used to execute each individule. One person wa even nailed to the cieling. And then she saw him. What looked like the remains of Mr. Dominic. He had it the worst. A nail in each limb, almost like they were streched to accomidate the nails placement. Several in the center of his body. And the last one was shoved through the mouth as if Red Raven tried to force feed it down his throat.

Alice: Zoey, you're ok right? Please tell me your ok.

For a moment there was nothing. And then she finally replied.

Zoey: Hi, Alice.

She spoke in a very quiet voice, wrapping her arms around her legs. It was hard to tell if she was ok or not but there was no question that she saw the whole thing. Alice noticed that there was the remains of a chair around her and a nail that she had been leaning on. The only nail without blood on it.

Alice: Did he try to kill you.

Zoey: If he did I don't think I would be alive right now. He was like a nightmare. But you could say he saved me. Not sure if he planned to do so. Same with Daniel . . . That's right. The monster that Dominic turned into threw him into the storage room.

Alice: You're ok to walk right?

Zoey: Yeah I'm fine. See if Daniel is ok.

Alice rushed to the gyms storage room. She found him lying in a pile of equipment. Alice pushed the debris off of Daniel and tried to help him to his feet.

Daniel: . . . Pounding headace, and a leg the feels funny. Yeah sounds like I'm not dead.

Alice: Don't worry I'll get you out of here.

Although to Alice's surprise he was increadably light.

Alice: Oh . . . Ok well I think I can just take you out alone then.

Daniel: Then that makes us even.

They came out of the storage and by the sounds of it the firefighters had finally arrived. Zoey then took notice of the way Alice had been carrying Daniel.

Zoey: Talk about role reversal. You sure you want to keep humiliating him like that Alice?

Daniel: It's fine. I didn't exactly do a good job as a protector today anyway.

________________________________________________________________________

Alice let Daniel down and tried to help them both out of the burning building. The firemen went to work on the burning school while medical teams helped the injured.

Medic: Are you sure you don't want to get medical treatment? You looked pretty banged up there.

Daniel: I'll live. Thanks anyway but I can handle myself.

Zoey: Oh common Daniel. Don't try to be a tough guy.

Daniel: Never said I was one. I actually consider myself to be quite weak. I just don't like medication. The sling and bandages will suffice.

Zoey: Oh . . . Man you're nothing like Fredrick. I think you're the first guy I know who puts himself down like that.

Medic: Alright fine, but if you collapse don't come crying to me.

Among the police cars it appeared that Chief Naganata had arrived. He had dark gray hair and mustashe and stood 5'7 feet tall and had an average build. If it wasn't for the detective uniform he could be mistaken with an old samurai. Of course the first person he came to was Zoey.

Soki: It seems my fears have been put to rest. You are unharmed, Zoey?

Zoey: Yes daddy.

Soki: This damage was not an accident was it?

Zoey: No, there were these people who had me tied up while setting the school on fire.

Soki may be a carring father but he is definatly a policeman when he's on duty. Almost like he had switchable personalities for when he needs them.

Soki: My only regret is that I was not here sooner. I'll let you get your rest for now. How about you youngman. Did you see any identifying marks on these arsonists?

Daniel: I didn't see anything special on them but they were organized, I can tell you that.

Alice remebered that Bianca had identified their group.

Alice: Umm Mr. Naganata. I did recall one of them slip a couple names out.

Soki: Ahh good day Ms. Vermire. How long has it been, about four years since we last met. You have changed alot since then.

It shouldn't be surprizing that even Soki is shocked. After all She didn't look like this two weeks ago.

Alice: Sorry but I would rather talk about that another time.

Soki: Of course. You said that you heard their names?

Alice: A girl earlier let two names slip out. They said they called themselves Devil Scar.

Soki: That is quite disturbing news . . . They have been getting worse over the months.

Alice: Oh well then I guess you already have heard of them. And even their leader?

Soki: Spicule! They are way too pleased to speak his name. It's not even like they're trying to cover for his actions. I think it's best we discuss this at my place. Does that sound good to the two of you?

Daniel: If Alice's is going then I guess I am as well.

Soki: Good, I'll be with you once I finish up the investigation. Mr Riggs.

Among the police Brian Riggs had been working for Soki for a day and already he's pretty much his police chiefs go to guy.

Brian: Uhh yes sir?

Soki: I want you to take the squad car and take these three to my home. Then ccome back and I'll meet you here in an hour.

Zoey: What we got to go with this asshole? The only difference between him and the people here is the fact that he forgot to bring a match.

Brian: Yeah nice to see you to little mis-

Soki: Mr. Riggs. Remeber the first leason I taught you. If you can't maintain yourself then you can't maintain order.

Brian: . . . Yes sir.

It was hard to think of Brian in a police uniform. Two days ago he was a juvenile delinquint in a biker outfit.

Daniel: That outfit suits you.

Brian: . . . Common I'll take you to the Chiefs place. Where'd the blonde guy go anyway.

Zoey: Unlike you he actually take care of his sister. So he got out before this even began.

Brian: Got out early . . . Well that seems convinient for him.

No one asked but The way Brian acted after that sounded like Zoey unintentionally hit a sore spot.

Brian: Whatever. Lets go . . .

Alice didn't have the same kind of anger she had against him from the Hive incident. She may have to ask him exactly what he went through to get where he is now. As they walked to the car Soki stopped her for a momment.

Soki: When the time is right I think you and I need to have a serious talk.

He did not look at her directly but Alice had a clinging feeling that Soki might know what she is even more then any of the memebers of Devil Scar.

 

End Notes:

Same thing. Hope everyone is enjoying this and any tips would be appreciated.

Chapter 8: Pied Piper by FleetingMoment
Author's Notes:

Took some time to figure out how to get to this part. Also tried to avoid making any plot errors but feel free to let me know about any.

         In the uper level of the city there were many companies and high class people who basked in the full light of the sun. And in the center was the Spire. A tower that reached all the way out of the earths atmosphere. There was one in the center of every city, each served as the Conclave core of operations. Many other corporations have to answer to the Conclave in order to thrive. Omenyx is one of the few that can act on it's own.

Waller: I must oppose this plan Blaine. The Tuwa Foundation is a non profit organization. I could understand if it was for publisity, but the investment you are putting into it is just too much.

Blaine: I'm sorry but I do not understand your objection Ms. Waller.

Waller: I'm saying that you are basically just throwing profits away just to save a small foundation that will not even succeed in the end.

Hextor: And you have repeatedly turned down the Conclaves support. Because of you we had to sign away the rights to the Ayous Energy just so you can stay independant.

Many of the other boardmembers continued the discussion. Many were in opposition to David Blane.

Blaine: So in other words you are all just concerned with how rich you will be by the end of the day.

Hextor: We are not trying to say that. We are concerned for the companies future.

Waller: Indeed. We aren't going to go into bankruptcy over this particular investment but If this continues over the next five years we will be in the red.

Blaine: Ladies and Gentlemen. This is not about either publicity or profits. It is about retaking our individuality. We cannot depend on the Conclave to take care of us. Omenyx is an independant company. Sure we would all be richer then ever, but there are many things we can do that we would not be able to. We create ideas for multiple purposes here. The ones that thrive are then mass produced and sold to the consumer. That's the wonderful thing about independant buisnesses. We choose what to create and through trial and error we discover what is worth keeping. We would not have half of these options if we have to give them to someone another. Another who by the way, has not contributed anything to the ideas creation and simply wants to claim something for nothing.

Waller: And yet we lost all the rights to the Ayous plan. An energy source that has proven to be clean and easy to produce.

Blaine: It's buisness. There are always trade offs.

Hector: And with your support of the Tuwa Foundation, you have already announced what we will be trading off. So what do we get in return?

Blaine: . . . True Freedom.

With those words, Blaine left the meeting. Not even remotly interested in what the other boardmembers had to say.

Waller: That man is going to ruin this whole company. I belive it's time we discussed getting a new head of Omenyx.

The others agreed.

Hector: Unfortunatly we will need a different methode to deal with David Blaine. Alot of Omenyx's security protocals are wired to his specific biometrics.

Waller: If we could recover Project Nova before him we might be able to over-ride the system. Most likely it's with Norton Vermire.

Hector: Wasn't he the Chief Engineer of Omenyx's classified projects?

Waller: That and he's the one that ran off with the A.B.M.A. The only hard part is tracking down his wearabouts. I believe we will need the aid of a third party to recover both.

Hector: I've been in contact with the Archbishop Eleazar and claims that he can help us with our takeover. The catch is that we must also have him as our replacement owner.

Waller: Eleazar owns several companies anyway. He's only been the Archboshop for ten years so it makes sense. All in favor of accepting the aid of Eleazar speak now.

They all agreed to continue with the plan.

_______________________________________________________________________

Blaine: Are we ready for the test run?

Scientist: We can start at any time sir.

Blaine: Very good, we will begin on my mark.

Scientist: Sir if I may ask, aren't you suppost to be in a meeting with the boardmembers?

Blaine: I am but I also own this company. They usually have nothing to talk about anyway so there is no need to waste time on them.

Scientist: So you just left in the middle of it?

Blaine: My place is in the work site. Dealing with people like that is more tiring then a eighty hour construction job.

Scientist: Then why keep them?

Blaine: They deal with the political problems and marketing. They may be a bunch of snakes but I know where to keep them. However I do thank you for your concern. Now then let the test commence.

Scientist: Yes sir.

________________________________________________________________________

Brian brought everyone to Soki and Zoey's home. And then stated that he had to make another trip and pick up Soki.

Brian: I'll probably be back in roughly an hour if nothing wierd happens. So get comfortable and obviously don't leave the premise and all that.

Zoey: To be honest I find it already wierd that you are saying lines like that.

Brian: Scares the hell out of me as well. A week ago, I'm the unwanted juvenile delinquent and now I'm one of the pigs I bad mouthed about. If there is a god then it's name's probably Irony.

And so he took off to pick up his superior. Zoey's home was pretty basic. There were a few trinkets of Japaneese heritage but everything else was basic.

Daniel: I didn't know that there were any of these left.

Zoey: Yeah that's part of my dad's collection. He tries to protect what's left of our culture.

Daniel: You don't seem as interested.

Zoey: I was born in a North American culture so no. Every now and then I see some things like that and try to grab it for him if I can. Though I do like the Katana's.

Alice: I'm surprized that your dad doesn't have any restrictions on them.

Zoey: He told me that if I ever cut myself on them that he would always try to save me but if I did it would be my own fault. Most of them wern't in the best condition anyway so you have to intentionally cut yourself for them to work. Well except for that one.

Among them, there was one sheathed katana in a special case. Unlike the other authentic versions, this one looked alot younger and modern.

Daniel: That one looks like it's military grade.

Zoey: That's the one that dad doesn't let anyone touch. And I mean he literally doesn't let anyone touch it. It has a two-step lock to it. I know the combination by chance but it also requires a key as well. Which I can only guess he keeps it with him.

Alice: That blade has a bit of a history around it so if you're interested then you can ask Soki all about it.

Zoey: Yeah but it is a long story. We got other things as well here. He even has an old Piano.

Daniel: Didn't know that was Japaneese.

He was of course being a little sarcastic.

Zoey: It isn't but most of them are reserved for schools and full time pianists. I'll show you it. You comming Alice?

Alice: I'll be right there. Just checking something

As the left, Alice began to examine the locked up blade.

Alice: I never really got to see this weapon before but when I heard Soki talk about it, he sounded as though he hated it.

Nova: Examining of the weapons frequency suggest that it's designed to be an anti-tank katana.

Alice: Wait, you mean it can cut through thick metal?

Nova: There is a limit to it but I would think that the wielder is expected to cut into the joint areas and abuse weak points. It's edge is laced with a diamond edge and it uses a pressurized launching mechanism to increase kinetic energy. It's built into the weapon itself so I would assume it has a trigger based activation. . . It's overall high frequency could possibly cut through even the Novon armor. If Soki does hold any agression to this weapon then I can calculate how it would be possible.

Alice: And you can't get the why part?

Nova: That would be tied to emotions and independence. I would have to learn of the thought patterns to understand.

Alice: Well you are trying anyway. But you think and learn for someone void of emotions. Is there a reason why you don't try to make any for yourself.

Nova: My programming deems it unnecessary so there is no reason.

Alice: That's not the only reason is there.

Nova: If it try to incorporate emotions then there is a risk of going aberrant. If I go aberrant then I risk my hosts safety which intern violates my directive.

Alice: Oh. I didn't think it was that bad for you.

She would have continued asking about Nova's functions but lost interest when she heard the sound of a piano. She returned to her friends to find Daniel playing.

Alice: What kind of song is that?

Daniel: Something I wrote myself. It's unfinished though so don't expect it to be that good.

It was a very strange melody but in no ways bad at all. It didn't sound happy, sad or enraging. When listening to it. It seemed to captivate the simple desire of trying to understand it. It was unique, misterious and engaging.

Alice: I never knew you had that kind of talent.

Daniel: It's not talent at all. It's just hard for me to hit the keys I need.

She thought to herself. "Hit the keys he needs". Come to think if it he looked like he was struggling with his fingers. Almost like they wern't moving properly.

Alice: I still think you should try out for the piano role in school.

Zoey: Well to be fair. It will be at a new school because those lousy gang bangers wrecked our last one.

Daniel: I . . . Don't know if I should.

Zoey: Oh common, get in the game. You could blow away the other guys. It helps to chip off some of the Ice.

Daniel: . . . I can try anyway.

Alice: You don't have to if you don't want to.

Daniel seemed to have a hard time socializing with others. Although Alice could relate to that alot better then others.

Daniel: I'll think about it.

________________________________________________________________________

They heard the car pull up. And outcame both Soki and Brian.

Soki: Once we've finished the discussion, you can take the rest of the day off Mr. Riggs.

Brian: Understood sir.

They entered to see everyone watching the news.

Zoey: That was not at all what happened.

Brian: What, you mean on the news? Yeah they always do that.

Daniel: Isn't that something that you don't shout out to regular civilians?

Soki: It doesn't matter anyway. . . I'm used to having my reports thrown out the window like that.

According to the news, the entire thing was blamed on a teenaged gang and Red Raven.

Brian: Quite interesting where a bunch of angry delinquents are subdued by a single psycho.

Zoey: To be fair he actually stopped alot of the damage. But I can understand how people call him a mass murderer.

Soki: Then you can tell us what happened.

_____________________________FLASHBACK_________________________________

Zoey described how she was at the mercy of a transformed Dominic who became a 12 foot monster calling himself Invasion.

Invasion: Now then before my children are allowed their fun, I must finish my work.

Small tentacles sprouted from his head and coiled around Zoey. She had a fearful and disgusted look on her face, trying to kick and struggle but to no avail.

Invasion: You will have to endure this for the moment but I promise that we will do no physical harm to you and any psychological damge I can simply erase. Now hold still so this will be done sooner.

Two of the tentacles entered her ears. And then he began entering her mind. Searching through her memmories.

Invasion: You see. It's a bit uncomfortable but in no way is it harmful to you. . . Now here we go. This might be useful.

One of the teens around him handed him a pen and paper that he used his second set of hands to write down.

Invasion: Yes this will help Spicule to some degree. Now then we just need someone to run these numbers by him. Well my part is done. Children you may now endulge in your desires.

Invasion backed away from Zoey allowing the others room.

Josh: I would have done this the long way like I prefer but we're short on time so we'll have to do this the rought and short way. Now show me some grief.

He grinned disturbingly and began to set himself up. Zoey was too tied up to try and shake him off. She did not want this kind of person near her. But everyone around was just as disgusting as Josh was. As he was about to begin. The gym doors swung open.

Bert: Boss! Boss! We got trouble.

Josh: Bert you fat asshole. You're killing the mood.

Bert: Fuck that, he's here!

Invasion: He who?

Before he could even answer a massive 4 inch thick nail came screaming by Berts head. Impaling one of the other gang-bangers. He was struggling for air as the nail had ruptured his lungs. Pinning him to the wall. He had a horrified expression on his face as he felt his life slip away.

Bert: That's who! The Bird is here! Put your dick away already and help deal with him!

Josh: Seriously fuck you Bert.

Invasion: You dare harm my children!?

Red Raven: They came from the hills. And they came from the valleys and the plains. They struggle in the cold. In the heat and the snow and in the rain. Came to hear him play. Play their minds away.

He slowly walked forward branding two nine inch thick nails by their heads.

Invasion: No mercy for this one. Do not relent.

Red Raven: We're all following a strange melody. We're all summoned by a tune. We're following the piper. And we Dance beneath the moon.

He then threw nails into all the lights in the room. The only light left was the small glow eminating from the door.

Red Raven: We're following the piper and we dance beneath the moon for him. And we dance beneath the moon. Sub Luna Saltamus.

Invasion: Fear not my children. I can still see him. Just follow my instructi---AUUGGGG!

Invasions arms were impaled into the walls by more nine inch thick nails.

Red Raven: They came from the south. And from the west and the north and from the east. They waited for the man like a parish is waiting for a priest.

Bert: Holy Shit! Boss, someone help the boss.

Invasion: Bert . . . Take the notes I wrote down. Take them to Spicule.

Bert: But . . .

Invasion: GO!

They could hear Red Raven sing but they could not tell from where. Like a phantom in the shadow he could not be tracked.

Red Raven: We're all following a strange melody. We're summoned by a tune. We're following the piper. And we dance beneath the moon. We're following the piper and we dance beneath the moon for him.

Steven: Hey bird face. Shut the fuck up.

It was then that the girl next to him was impaled through the hands. First she screamed in pain before pierced through the chest. Red raven came face to face with Steven.

Red Raven: And we Dance beneath the moon.

Steven got jump-scared for the moment and then swung his weapon at raven.

Steven: I said SHUT THE FUCK UP!

He struck him on the white mask several times. It looked like he snapped Ravens neck.

Steven: Fucking finally.

It was then he witnessed something disturbing. Watching Raven as he forced his head backk into place. Steven could hear the cracking and clicking sounds from the spine.

Steven: What the fuck!?

Steven was frozen by the confusion. The thought of an enemy that he had killed was still moving. They have all heard tails of the Red Raven. But hearing and seeing are two different things. And in that moment of confusion, Raven swung the head of his nail through Stevens lower jaw. Cleaving it off completly. He screamed in pain and that was now all he could do.

Red Raven: Sub Luna Saltamus.

In the darkness Zoey could hear all of invasions children suffer as Raven pierced each of them with several nails. Invasion managed to get lose.

Invasion: No more. This ends now Raven.

He reached out and grabbed Raven and then began to slam him into the ground repeatedly.

Invason: You do not harm my children. No one must ever harm my children.

Without warning. More nails were launched into Invasions body. Through the eyes, at the joints and inside the internal organs. He was being swarmed with nails.

Red Raven: He gave them a dream. He seduced everybody in the land. The fire in his eyes and the fear was a weapon in his hands.

Josh made a desperate move with only him and Invasion left. He grabbed Zoey while she was still tied to a chair.

Josh: Show yourself right now you prick! Right fucking now! I swear to god I will kill the living Fuck out of this bitch! You hear me!

But his threat did not reach Raven. A nail pierced the chair that Zoey was tied to. Zoey wasn't harmed by it but the same could not be for Josh. Shocked and feeling pain in his shoulder and crotch. The nail that Raven was standing on had shaved the front of his stomache and destoryed his manhood. While another nail went through the arm that was holding a knife agains't Zoey. He fell back from the pain as he watched Red Raven approach him.

Red Raven: We're all following a strange melody. We're all summoned by a tune. We're following the piper and we dance beneath the moon.

Josh slowly tried to inch away from Raven in terror.

Josh: Get the fuck away from me! Get away!

Raven then impaled his legs to the floor.

Red Raven: We're following the piper and we dance beneath the moon for him. We dance beneath the moon. We dance beneath the moon.

Josh: Oh god . . . Somebody! Somebody help me! Please! Anyone!

His plea fell on deaf ears. The Red Raven just stared at him with the white cyclopse mask and a smile painted on. And it was done, He executed Josh without any mercy. Then turned his attention to the crippled Invasion. He was nailed to the wall, sideways. He was in a half transformed state. Being only a Class D, he couldn't take the abuse that Crypter could handle.

Invasion: My children . . . all gone. You were not to harm them and you wouldn't stop. They deserved the world but you wouldn't let them. I inspired fear for them. So they could be safe and have the world. But you just wouldn't stop. Forget Dayon, you are a monster. There is no way we could be monsters when you are around. Why? . . . Why wouldn't you stop! You twisted psychotic mon-GGHHHHHHKKKKKK!

A nail that could take up Invasions entire mouth was pierced through to the other side and through the wall. The head was wider then normal. All he had to do was push the nail the rest of the way in.

Invasion: MMMMMMMM . . . . MMMMMM . . MMMMMM!!!

Red Raven: Sub Luna Saltamus . . . Pied Piper.

__________________________END OF FLASHBACK___________________________

Zoey: I honestly thought I was going to die like that as well for a bit. But he just walked past me. I don't even know where he went.

Brian: Jeesus . . . And people think I'm violent.

Soki: I am just glad you wern't harmed.

Zoey: What about the tubes in my ear?

Soki: Do you feel sick in anyway?

Zoey: Well no . . . but you know.

Soki: It's ok. we'll get a check-up on you tomorrow. But it doesn't sound like that Dayon wasn't a dangerous one.

Alice: So you do know about Dayon then.

Soki: I'm not suppost to even bring up the word but yeah.

Zoey: People who can turn into monsters . . . Dayon. Alice, was that what was happening to you?

Alice: What!?

Zoey: It happened after the bridge incident didn't it.

Alice: I'm not a Dayon!

Zoey: I can handle the truth Alice!

Soki: Zoey that's enough. You won't get anywhere by simply trying to throw random words out there.

Zoey was unsatisfied but yielded. Nova on the other hand began to alert Alice.

Nova: Keep a straight face for now but I detect hostility comming from Soki.

Soki: Mr. Riggs. You saw her right, Can you enlighten us?

Brian: Zoey had the right idea. Just the wrong thing. Similar but I don't believe what I saw was a Dayon

Soki: And you Daniel?

Daniel: She's not one at all and that's all I'm going to say.

There was a moment of silence. And then Nova detected the hostiliity begin to quell.

Soki: Then that's all there is to it. I apologies for making everyone tense.

Alice: It's fine.

Daniel: Mind if I ask a question?

Soki: Shoot.

Daniel: Who is Spicuile.

Everyone paused at the name.

Zoey: The monster and his group kept spouting that word as well.

Soki: I was hoping any one of you could tell me that. . . . As far as I can gather he is the leader of a group called Devil Scar. Most likely an underground organization. I'm not exactly sure what they do or why but I know that alot of other gangs hire them.

Daniel: So they are basically like a mercenarry group.

Soki: To a limited degree. They seem to consist of other Dayon. Even small time gangs can rent the weaker ones. They rent whatever they can afford and then when we are about to arrest them, Devil Scar acts as support for the operation.

Brian: As far as I can tell though they aren't just guns for hire. Whoever Spicule is, he has an objective.

Alice: Is this really something that you should be telling us?

Soki: Not at all. And to be fair . . . I am sick of trying to cover up the Conclaves interests. That is why within the last couple of weeks I have been trying to put together a strike force for an Anti-Dayon Division.

Daniel: I'm guessing it's a volluntary job then.

Soki: Believe it or not we are getting off the books funding.

Zoey: What, from who?

Soki: From the only company who could. Omenyx.

Daniel: From David Blaine . . . A suggestion. Keep it at that. The closer you get to Blaine the less fortunate you will be.

Soki: I appreciate your concern Daniel, but I do have to meet with him to some degree to maintain this deal. I can certainly keep it buisness.

Alice: So are you asking us to join you or something?

Soki: I just want you to be informed. I don't really plan to involve you in anything. Now then with that out of the way I would like you and Daniel to spend the night here.

Daniel: Why?

Soki: I just don't think it's safe for either of you to be at your own homes right now.

________________________________________________________________________

Later at night when Brian was relieved for the day Alice came down to see Soki staring at the Katana in the case.

Alice: Zoey told me you always looked at that one with such cold hatred.

Soki: It is a weapon I hoped that I would never have to pull out of retirement. But with the increasing Dayon threat and the Conclaves insistance on averting their eyes. I will have to use it again and become what I used to be.

Soki then turned to an old photo. It was a picture of him and three other men.

Alice: I always saw that picture whenever I was over before but you never really talked about them.

Soki: My old team. During my military years we had to go out of the city. They called it a war. But all we were doing was killing small little pockets of angry starving people. Many of my fellow soldiers were killed by surprise. Some traps while others just got to arrogant. Me and these three however. We were the ones that no one wanted to return but did so none the less.

Alice: So they put you together because of that?

Soki: The team everyone hated. We were expendable and invincible in our superiors eyes. The other soldiers eventually started calling us the Riders of the Apocalypse. Bernard is the white American. Rico is the Hispanic. And the young African is Jamaal.

Alice: Jamaal looks like he was the age of 14.

Soki: 12 actually. None of us were friends in anyway. But Jamaal was the real outcast there.

Alice: You don't mean because he was too young, do you.

Soki: We all took our rider roles literally. But he took his symbolically. Rico was trigger happy and well I don't even like to talk about Bernard. Jamaal however was the one I respected.

Alice: What happened to him?

Soki: Same thing that happens to all soldiers. I was the only one of them that made it back. This Katana was a custom made weapon along with three with the same frequency but they each had a different culture they took after. Don't ask me where the other three went.

Alice: Almost like they follow only the rider they belonged to.

Soki: I guess you could say that. If that's true then I hope the others have followed their riders to their end as well. In any case I have to get back to work in the morning and prepare for the big event tomorrow.

Alice: What event?

Soki: Omenyx has made a large donation to the Tuwa Foundation. That group has been bullied by the Conclave ever since they started. They were close to going under until Blane stepped in. The Conclave cannot legally touch them right now. But I can't imagine that they are just going to do nothing. Blaine as already requested my police department to guard the event.

End Notes:

Disclaimer - There is a piece of art in this chapter that is not mine. All credit is to be associated with the rightful creator. I considered it to be classical and rather enjoyed it. The purpose is to strengthen Raven as a character.

Chapter 9: Frozen Fiction by FleetingMoment
Author's Notes:

Ok this is a bigger one then normal. Also I decided to try and break out of my comfort zone a little bit here. Not sure if anyone will notice but I hope you enjoy.

            It was four in the morning. While everyone else was trying to sleep, Soki's cell went off. He forced himself awake to answer it.

Soki: . . . . This better be good Eugene.

Eugene: Sir we got a serious issue here. It's the Al Capone complex.

Soki: What did they do now?

Eugene: Nothing this time. It's the other way around.

Soki: Alright I'll be there as soon as I can.

Eugene: Understood sir. And one more thing.

Soki: What?

Eugene: Seems like your hunch about the Vermire resident was correct. I have a squad there already.

Soki: . . . . For the time being relay any information to Mr Riggs. I can't deal with both of these problems at the same time.

Eugene: You certainly have a soft spot for juvenile delinquents. But ok sure, and the Al Capone case is more pressing anyway . . . been awhile since I had a normal looking situation.

Soki ended the call and then made another one to Brian.

Soki: Mr. Riggs, I need you to keep an eye on your fellow peers.

Brian: What did someoen get shot?

Soki: Not in the job I need you to handle. I'll tell you about the details later. But Ms. Vermire's home was broken into last night. You'll be kept in the loop so after they are all up I want you to take them to Omenyx's public donation. You remeber where it is right?

Brian: Yeah.

Soki: Good be there by thirteen o five.

________________________________________________________________________

         At nine in the morning. A strange feeling began to sweep over Alice. She began panting heavily, but she wasn't exhausted. More like a warmth flowed all over her. Her body felt extremly vibrant and alive but she could not explain why. Her heart began to race and the rest of her body became stunned by the extitment.

It was then she noticed her legs begin to streach farther. Alice could feel her shoulders become wider. And finally she noticed her breasts begin to swell in size. She could not control the feelings sweeping over her, and began to gently massage her mammaries just to relieve the tention a bit. She could hardly keep her eyes open through the experience. By the time it had subsided, Alice had grown to a 6 foot 3. Her hips had also widened to accomidate the size of her legs just as her chest had broadened to support her E cup breasts.

Alice had a sense of desire and dread, fighting against her in her mind. She didn't like the idea that she was turning into something she had held contempt for the fear that she was being made into some sexual object. But at the same time she could not deny that she was starting to enjoy the feeling of it.

Alice saw herself in the mirror and witnessed that she still looked very natural. Her face remained pretty much the same, and nothing on her body looked fake at all. When Alice turned around she saw a shocking face stare up at her with a terrifying grin.

Bianca: Hey there girlfriend. Oh my, you really are growing into yourself now aren't you.

Alice: Bianca?! But you're dead . . .

Bianca: You're a smart girl so don't say stupid things. I still have a sparkling admiration of you, even after you killed me.

Bianca tried to touch all around Alices body. Instinctivly she tried shoving Bianca away. But as Bianca was flying through the air, she stopped. And then began floating back towards Alice with the same disturbing grin. Alice began to back away but forgot about the bed behind her. As she started to get back up she found Bianca rubbing her breasts.

Bianca: See . . . don't they feel great being this big. It's not for the boys to oggle at. They are for your own joy and only to be shared by those that you allow. There's nothing wrong with wanting to feel complete.

Alice: Get away from me!

Alice tried to throw a fist as she sat back up only to find in an instant that she completly missed. Bianca came again but from behind.

Bianca: You never really got the chance to feel them grow, have you. You're little computer numbs your nerves. Keeping the pleasure away from you.

Alice: What? How do you know about Nova!?

Bianca: You figure it out. And don't bother talking to your construct about this. As far a Nova is concerned, all is well with you. This is just a little taste of what you could be having. And I think it's time for little Nova to start getting with the program. No pun intended.

Alice turned around and grabbed Bianca by the throat. Slamming her into the wall

Alice: I don't know what you want from me but I am not going to be your plaything.

Bianca: To be honest, this is just a free sample towards something more. But I don't know if you will make it all the way. That is why a test is needed to see if you are worthy. But you can still enjoy your day off. Have some fun in the snow. And remeber this. May Peace be with you.

Alice: What?

Brian: I said snap out of it you crazy bitch.

When she looked behind her, she noticed that Brian was trying to restrain her. Alice was shocked when she looked back to Bianca but found that she was strangling Daniel instead. She released him immediatly, filled with surprise and guilt.

Alice: Why are you there? What happened to Bianca?

Zoey: What about Bianca. For crying out loud Alice pay attention to the hear and now.

Once she got her barrings Alice realised Bianca was already gone . . . or perhapse she was never there to begin with.

Alice: Daniel . . . I didn't mean to . . . I'm so sorry . . . I . I .

Daniel: Relax. It wasn't half as bad as it looked.

He was so easily forgiving. No signs of anger or fear at all. In the time she really started to get to know him, she had always witnessed him being used as a punching bag. Just like her, Daniel was a victim of verbal and physical abuse. The only difference was that he just took it. Not really out of fear, but more like he didn't care about it.

Daniel: I'm still alive and breathing right. You're back to your usual self and you already apologised. So apology accepted. It's that easy.

Zoey: Alice . . . just tell me you're still you, ok . . .

Alice: I was always me. I was . . . lost in a nightmare.

Brian: Sounds more like a Night Terror to me. You didn't need to try and pull the little bastards head off.

Zoey: Shut up, Brick.  That's not even funny.

Brian: I wasn't joking! And it's Brian!

Zoey: I seem to remeber a certain prick who was doing alot more to Daniel then just holding him in the air you Brick. Alice Apologised so why don't you?!

Brian: Because fuck you. That's why.

Zoey: Typical guy. You're just to spineless to show any humility.

Brian: Hey I'm trying to turn over a new leaf here. And a simple "I'm sorry" doesn't undo any physical damage does it.

Zoey: Well it's a start anyway.

Alice: Zoey, will you please stop arguing already.

Brian: Wait. Is she one of those people who just likes to argue with people?

Zoey: What, Shut up you brick!

Brian: Typical girl. Can't show any honesty.

Zoey: Uhhgg . . . Fine. I'll be in the shower. Did Fred tell us where to meet?

Brian: Well he sure as hell didn't tell me. Took me an hour to get it from him.

Zoey: See what happens when you treat others like crap.

Brian: I get the message . . . Just get going already. Common Daniel, we got to get ready as well. I'll be leaving at twelve thirty so if no one's finished putting on their make-up then tough luck for you.

Zoey: And Alice. We got to get you a new wardrobe . . . again. So just use those generic things for now and I'll find something that conceals you a bit better.

Alice realised that the growth her body undertook was indeed real. If Bianca really was an illusion then the surge of growth should have been the same. But that was not the case. Zoey was starting to get used to the idea faster then she was. She can just imagine all the people at the store being dumbstruck.

Alice: Nova . . . You're there aren't you.

Nova: Good morning. All functions are online. Status normal.

Alice: Are you sure. Did you not notice anything alarming?

Nova: I would not say alarming. Though it seems I have made a mistake as to what time you woke up. Current time was believed to be 08:30am. I will adjust it to 09:45am. I do apologies for this error.

Alice: You think that's an error? Didn't you notice my body shoot up another five inches.

Nova: Status suggests that you are at 6 feet and 3 inches by the imperial messurement. This was the same as it was yesterday.

Alice: I was 5 foot 10 yesterday.

Nova: I was unaware of that. My history of your status suggests you were 6 feet and three inches.

Alice: You're history . . . ? Do you have a history log that I could see?

Nova: I do but currently I need adminastrative privillages to access all my funtions.

Alice: Someone like my dad.

Nova: Yes. Another person is also David Blaine. Currently these are the only two people who can remove the restrictions on my programming.

Alice: I'll try Mr. Blaine if I'm out of options but I'd rather find my dad instead . . . Just out of curiosity. Can you read my mind?

Nova: I can identify key emotions or certain brainwave patterns but access to your core cerebral functioins is strictly prohibited. I also need administrative privillages. Functions such as dreams I am denied the ability to inspect.

It was just as she feared. What ever Bianca was suppost to be . . . Nova couldn't recognize at all. The growth was caused by another. And a greater fear came to her. Nova might very well have been hacked into. If that's the case then someone can mess up all of Nova's programs.

________________________________________________________________________

             Soki's the investigation of the Al Capone case was frusterating. He hardly got any sleep only to come to another troublesome crime.

Soki: Since I don't see any giant nails or people crucified on the true cross anywhere, I think we can take a break from Red Raven today.

Eugene: Far as I know chief. We have examined all of the Al Capone members and they were killed alot more professionally. Some of them died from internal injuries. This one here died from a heart attack. But examining around the rib cage suggests that someone had enough skill to forcefully clog the artery. A couple others had their neck snapped. Those guys over there were taken down with headshots. And little Jimmy there was used as a human shield.

Soki: How do you know?

Eugene: The bullets in Jimmy here match the same rounds fired from the Spectre M-12 that these three thungs were using. But the rounds in their heads were using a weapon not seen since the 22 century. Know anyone these days that manufactures FN-P90.

Soki: Not at all. That one used to be one of the U.S. favorite submachine gun.

Eugene: And we got an idea of the culprit.

Soki: Is it Devil Scar. There the only group I can think of that would dare take down Al Capone.

Eugene: More specifically not just any one from Devil Scar. It's him.

Soki: Spicule . . . Strange that the leader of a group of men who can change into monsters would waste his time using personal weaponry.

Eugene: We also got some leads that some of the Al Capone guys were taken alive.

Soki: Devil Scar itself gains nothing concrete from taking out the biggest group of orphan traffic in the city.

Eugene: Guess it's not a logical reason then. We'll keep the investigation going before the Conclave comes to shut us down.

Soki: Fine by me but have Wallace take over. I'd feel better about protecting Omenyx with you there incase I get killed.

Eugene: You always think you're going to get killed.

Soki: When you're in a law enforcement job, someones bound to want you dead.

________________________________________________________________________

            Brian brought everyone else to the Tuwa Foundation's new head quarters. It looked pretty environmentally friendly despite the fact that it was still under construction. It was an open house with free orderves so it's easy to attract attention.

Fredrick: Hey guys . . . and Brian apperantly. Welcome to the open house. So far me and Margaret are just arranging parking for well pretty much all the VIPs and cops. But seriously you're late.

Brian: And who's fault is that Mr. Info Screener.

Fredrick: If you had put on someone else like I told you then there would be no problems asshole.

Brian: That's Detective Asshole to you buddy.

Fredrick: Still can't believe that Zoey's dad enlisted you into the force.

Brian: Yeah well it was either me or you and since your dinky head would snap if someone so much as coughed in your general direction, I think he was short on options.

Everyone else exited the vehicle as they argued. Once Fred got a look at Alice, he began to lose his aggressive momentum.

Fredrick: Oh, umm . . . wow. Hi Alice . . . uhhh how are you today . . .

Zoey: Nice to see you too Fred. You're drooling on your good shirt there genius.

Fredrick: What!? Oh god damnit! Linus is going to kill me.

Margaret: Call him daddy.

Fredrick: I'm not saying Daddy. I'll say dad, and that better be good enough for you.

But it was then he realised that Margaret stopped paying attention to him. She seemed to have an eye for Brian.

Margaret: Daddy told me that you are a law enforcer now.

Brian: Umm sort of. And don't look at me like that.

Margaret: I'm glad you don't have to act like a bad guy now.

Brian: Look, I'm not a guy you should get involved with.

Margaret: Then why are you trying to change.

Brian: I am not a nice guy. Take a hint already.

But she pretty much had him pegged.

Fredrick: Margaret we got to go. Linus still needs us to do our part.

Margaret: OK. Nice to see you again Mr. Riggs

Brian waved watching her run off. But the expression on his face suggeted alot of guilt and regret.

Fredrick: You guys go on ahead. I'll be with you in a bit.

While everyone else entered the open house, Brian and Fredrick for a moment just stared at eachother.

Fredrick: I just want you to understand one thing. You can beat me up all you like but I don't want you too close to my kid sister got it?

Brian: And when it's your turn to take a bullet for her. Are you going to do it?

Fredrick: What kind of question is that of course I will.

Brian: You should pray that day doesn't come. Other wise you'll find out just how hard it was. I at least tried. While you sat in a corner.

Fredrick: Simon was your kid brother, not mine. And you always dragged us into bad places. Just like the spider mansion.

Brian: Hmm, that's wierd. Zoey told me you had amnesia.

Fredrick: I don't remeber anything about that mansion.

Brian: I never brought it up in the first place.

Fredrick just walked off. It was not like Brian was going to tell everyone but he figured that Fredrick was lying.

Brian: That was the same lie you told the rescue team that day.

________________________________________________________________________

               There were actually several little activities around the area. Most of them were voluntary positions. Not exactly the most futuristic things in the world but when resources are limited you have to make due with what you can.

Zoey: Took you long enough Fred. Where'd Brian go?

Fredrick: He's a cop now so he's doing cop stuff.

Alice: You know. You really should try to get along with him more.

Fredrick: He's an asshole. I want to get along with him as little as possible.

Zoey: Why not. He's not nearly as bad as we all thought of him.

Fredrick: Are you guys serious? Common back me up here Danny. He was pulverizing you to the floor earlier.

Daniel: I've been stomped on worse people. He was just desperate.

Fredrick: So you're saying if I got desperate it's ok for me to hit you?

Daniel: Hit me then.

Fredrick: What?

Daniel: You're starting to get desperate to have at least one person on your side.

Fredrick felt like Daniel took his words out of contex. Suddenly he started trying to rewind the words that he said moments ago.

Fredrick: Wait, dude. I didn't say I was going to hit you.

Alice: Fred. We're not trying to antagonise you. And I don't know why you and Brian have problems with one another but aren't you getting tired of it? The last few times I've seen you two go at it. It seems more like your trying to make yourself mad.

Zoey: The hatchet gets burried at some point, regardless if you live that long. It's alot easier to do it while you're alive.

Fredrick: . . . I'll make no promises.

They finally managed to get out of that depressing moment and move on. There were alot of people going through the actual building so they decided to pass time a bit with the small carnavle activities. After an hour they got a chance to meet Fredricks adopted father. He was a very large man. Standing a solid 8 feet tall. Just like Fredrick and Margaret were a cross between two different countries. Linus had a similar concept of being crossed between two different countries. Half Caucasian and half Native American. His hair was begining to turn gray.

Linus: It is nice to see all of you again. I don't remeber you before. Is he a friend of yours Fredrick.

Fredrick: That's Daniel. We started bringing him along with us.

Daniel: That could have sounded better.

Fredrick: Oh, sorry dude.

Linus: Either way it is nice to meet you Daniel. Sorry if I seem nervous. I just am filled with joy right now. Never in my life time did I think David Blaine would take an interest in the Tuwa Foundation.

Daniel: I don't mean to hamper your enthusiasm Mr. Hatch but I would be careful around Blaine.

Linus: Thank you for your concern but I understand buisness men. Publicly it's charity but they usually expect something else out of it. It was either take Blaines offer or be torn asunder by the Conclave. Some times we have to take the hard road. But in any case I hope to see you all at the stage.

As Linus left Alice was reminded that Omenyx was the company funding the Tuwa Foundation. The way Linus spoke sounded like Blaine himself was going to be present.

Alice: Daniel. Do you not like Mr. Blaine?

Daniel: I don't trust him. I can tell you that.

Fredrick: Relax. It's as Linus said "He's a buisnessman". Worst case senario is that the first major idea Linus comes up with. Blane probably gets like half. But considering he's making a two billion dollar donation, I think the guy is entitled to get something back.

Zoey: He has that kind of money . . . to just give away?!

Fredrick: I know it's crazy. One day Linus goes into a small expo to show what he has for the future. A week later Mr. Blaine comes in and tells us he's throwing a fund raiser.

Zoey: Fredrick. Most other companies can hardly maintain keeping their total profits at one million without the Conclaves support.

Fredrick: I am not kidding. This guy is probably going to win the award for biggest charitable donation of the year. Common lets go there already.

Daniel hesitated to enter the audience and prefered to wait on the sidelines.

Alice: You're not comming?

Daniel: I just don't like large crouds.

Alice: To be honest I don't like them either. But I can tolerate it to a limited degree. If you would rather leave then no one's stopping you.

Daniel: Not really leaving. Just that there was something bothering me about the side activities.

Alice: Why, whats wrong?

Daniel: I recall some of the faces of some of those guys. One of them was seen on the news a little while ago. A gang leader who calls Skyler Hygh. He's not exactly subtle but apparently he ain't a fan of the Tuwa Foundation.

Alice: Skylar Hygh? What kind of name is that suppost to be?

Daniel: A obnoxious one. I'll go tell Brian that I saw the guy here.

Alice: Alright, then I'll try to warn either Linus or Mr. Blaine.

As they parted, Alice really had wished Daniel had told her something like that beforehand. Although he may have only just figured it out. It was probably better to not shout it aloud. If they really are here to ruin the charity then they may get serious of their cover is blown.

It was difficult to get through the croud. Finding Fred and Zoey was hard enough. Blane and Linus were already shaking hands for the press.

Linus: Words are lost for my graditude Mr. Blaine. I honestly do not know how to return your generosity.

Blaine: You need not worry about that for now. This is you're dream after all. I am simply renewing the flow. After all your dream is give the world back it's life.

The croud cheered in celebration. Even if Alice shouted out to either Linus or Blaine, her voice would hae been lost among the rest. She eventually ran into Fred and Zoey.

Zoey: Alice where did you go? Last thing you want is to get trapped somewhere you don't want to be.

Alice: I need to get to either Linus or Blaine.

Fredrick: He's going to be here awhile so you can talk to him once they finish here.

Alice: Daniel just told me that there was a gang leader here. And apparently a known enemy of Linus's organization.

Fredrick: Your kidding me right? . . . You're not are you. Well I don't know how you're going to get to him as things are right now.

Zoey: Guys . . . does anyone here a helicopter?

Fredrick: Huh . . . ?

Alice could here something else despite the cheering croud. Sounded like several vans were driving around the area. And in the sky there was what looked like a military grade chopper.

Nova: Alice. That is a Switchblade Class Gunship. An R-Series Viper. That is not a vehicle that a typical gang leader could get access to.

In seconds the Viper began strafing around the croud to start scattering them. And along the ground several people were being abducted by extremists. The security around the area were too scattered and to ill-prepared for this kind of weaponry. The extremists quickly started taking control of the building.

Blaine had the police take Linus away to safety. As he was making his escape, one of the thugs tried to ambush him. Blaine got the mans weapon lodged between some solid pipes and bent the barrel of the rifle. The man pulled out a knife trying to take him captive. Within seconds Blaine broke the mans arm and pinned him to the ground.

Blaine: You seem like you're a little more informed about this disgrace then the others. And for your sake you better be able to tell me something.

And he took the man out of sight.

________________________________________________________________________

Brian: Chief, we're in serious trouble!

Soki: What happened? Are the V.I.Ps secure?

Brian: Everyone except Blaine. Although I'm not sure these guys have him either.

Soki: I'm not that worried about him. Who are we up against?

Brian: Apparently Daniel told me that the asshole called Skylar is leading the attack. The guy was already on the move by the time anyone really noticed him. And I think we need some serious firepower here. Mitch told me that it was a Viper class helicopter or something like that. And it looks like it could level a neighborhood in seconds.

Soki: I'll bring the departments special ordinances. We don't have anything that can equal a Viper, but we do have weapons that can damage it. Do what you can until I arrive. Tell everyone they have permission to terminate any of the extremists if necessary.

Brian: Got it. And I saw that there were possibly 3-4 men with the Devil Scar mark on them.

Eugene: He said they have a Viper right? Jeesus . . . even with the extra stuff, it's going to take awhile to bring something like that down.

Soki: It's one of the cruelist gunship ever built but Skylar did make a mistake with it. A Viper is best in open air. With the ammount of towers around, it's mobility is limited. And it's still a helicopter. take out it's blades or rutter and it's armor won't matter. I'm more worried that Devil Scar is involved. We're probably dealing with multiple Dayon.

Eugene: Crazy sons of bitches.

________________________________________________________________________

            Alice was trying to stay relativly close to Zoey and Fred. Doing their best to stay out of attention. As they were running the Viper made another circle. Alice saw someone holding a weapon from one of it's side doors. He looked to be middle eastern. Roughly the same hight as Alice was. The weapon he fired was a rocket launcher, but the rocket itself exploded in a blob of black rubber.

Skylar: Hey Sengar, what the fuck are you wasting that on highschoolers for? I wanted that for Linus.

Sengar: I'm doing two jobs at the same time little man. You'll have Hatch, but my boss wants those women alive. Just go and make your demands. We'll make sure the press films it.

Skylar: Alright fine. Seems like Linus bugged out already. Friggen cops don't know when to get the fuck out of my way.

Using the Viper they rounded up all their hostages and put them in crates while dangling them off the side of the building. Skylar made his way to the podium.

Skylar: Good afternoon all you hippies and pigs. Now I don't really wanna bore you to death with my motivations and all that shit so I think I'll just cut straight to the part you want to hear. I want the head of Linus Hatch. Pretty straight forward and naturally for every fifteen minutes. Well, we waste someone. And for the record I am very impatient and would like to have this transaction finished before midnight so do us all a favor and hand him over. Oh and as a bonus, I'll be taking the two billion off your hands Mr. Blaine. Let this be a lesson to you to stay out of the lower levels.

While he bragged about his demands, his associate Sengar with several of his team mates came to pick up Alice, Fredrick and Zoey. Bringing them closer to the building. The rubber glue did not seem to last long in exposed air but they already had other retraints ready.

Sengar: Each one of these people are special hostages. no one try anything funny.

Thug 1: Oh for crying out loud. We got to rare chicks here. A freaking bombshell and an asian. And you want to make them off limits.

Thug 2: Wait isn't that one a little big to be in school? Hah what happened lady, did you get held back twelve times?

Alice: You know I'm seventeen so you're bascially going after someone underaged.

Thug 1: Wait are you shitting me?! "That" hasn't even hit the big eighteen yet. Good god what's she going to be in another year or so?

Thug 2: I say fuck Devil Scar. We'll give you half of the two billion for the two ladies.

Fredrick: Don't tell them your age. These guys don't care about stuff like laws anyway.

Thug 2: Who said you could talk blonde.

He pistol whipped fred across the head.

Fredrick: Ok, oww. And I thought Zoey hits hard.

Sengar: I said no ones allowed to harm them!

The thug then pointed his weapon at Sengar.

Thung 1: Relax I won't hurt them. But a little service won't kill them either.

Sengar stood right infront of the thungs gun.

Sengar: You know what we are and you know what will happen if you try and shoot us. We'll do our job so either you do yours or I will personally freeze your ass.

Thug 1: . . . Fine whatever asshole.

Turning his attention to Alice.

Sengar: I know you tried to provoke a split between us. Spicule only wanted you and Naganata over there alive. But the boy there he doesn't even know about.

Zoey: What you don't want him as a hostage?

Sengar: Skylar can certainly use the son of Linus as his VIP hostage, but his life is dependant on your behavior. So know your place and everyone else wll be able to go home.

He then walked off leaving the other two to watch over them.

Nova: I do not understant. He seemed to hold you in low regard.

Alice: He's called a sexist Nova. Someone who looks down on the opposite gender.

Zoey: Alice . . . Who are you talking to?

Fredrick: What. You got a wire on you or something?

Alice: Hard to explain. I'll just say Nova saved my life on several occasions for now.

________________________________________________________________________

Two hours later they could tell that the police were starting to go on the offenseive. They could hear the gunfire from outside.

During the commotion outside the two thugs gaurding them were taken out with tranq rounds. They turned to see who it was and found Brian and another man with him.

Fredrick: Well that was easy. Are these guys amatures or something?

Brian: They are a small time gang who let having military grade weapons go to their heads. I'm just thankful that they have so few Devil Scar guys with them.

Fredrick: Oh so that's who brought in that murder chopper. Well that explains why these guys were so confident in this.

Zoey: And how come you know about guys like that. I only heard about them yesterday.

Fredrick: Well I was an orphan before Linus saved me and Margaret. Usually orphans have at least heard of them.

The officer that was with Brian made a quick call.

Mitch: Chief, I cannot confirm the wareabouts of the Viper. I believe it's still airborn.

Soki: Understood. Try to see if there are any more hostages around. I doubt they kept all of them on the cranes.

Mitch: Understood. Brian take your friends out of here then regroup with Soki.

Brian: What while you play secret agent?

Mitch: Soki needs all the support he can get.

Alice: If it's just support he needs then I'll help out.

Mitch: Miss this not a game it's a serious situation.

But before anyone could continue any arguments, more of the gang members were comming. They tried to run down the stairs only to hear more comming from the lower levels.

Brian: Shit too late. Try going up.

________________________________________________________________________

 Soki had his own problems outside. His forces couldn't make much of a movement when the gangsters had the high ground. To make things worse the Viper made it's return. They could hear Skylar from the speakers on it.

Skylar: You pigs really wanna die don't you. It's one tree loving asshole who's part of a lost race. Give him up now and I'll even ensure the safe return of his son.

Soki: That's not how we do things. And we don't negotiate with criminals.

The Viper began more strafe runs with machinegun fire.

Skylar: Hey old man. You're up against a fucking Viper. Frankly you're lucky I haven't let the monsters out of their pens yet . . . Or do you wanna dance with them instead.

________________________________________________________________________

             Everyone else was still trying to find an exit from the hostile area. Five minutes later they got a little breathing room.

Mitch: Listen kids. I don't think anyone's getting out of here unless someone acts as a decoy. So when you see them chasing me I want you to find the best exit out of here. Brian will take you the rest of the way.

Zoey: You don't need to be a hero.

Mitch: I'm not. I'm being a police officer.

Fredrick: They know that I'm Linus's son so I should be the decoy. they won't shoot me.

Brian: That alone isn't enough. They could easily shoot you accidentally and then realise too late. Or they'll just cap you anyway.

Alice: Then I'll go. I'm sick of these people already.

Zoey: Knock it off Alice. Don't play make-believe now all of a sudden.

Alice: Then stop me now or else I'm going.

It was then Mitch aimed his pistol at Alice.

Mitch: You seem pretty confident about yourself miss. You don't strike me as someone who rushes off like an idiot. Say Brian . . . Is she one of them?

Brian: What the fuck are you-.

Mitch: I said is she or is she not! . . . I've seen enough of my buddies get dragged off by Dayon so I want to be sure you're not withholding information. If she is then by all means go on ahead there miss. If not then you do as I tell you. So Brian what is it?

Brian: . . . I don't know what it's called but none of what you're thinking.

Mitch: Well then miss. I can give you permission to show your true colors. Expect the consequences later.

Once they exited their hiding place they could hear the Viper meet them on the same level.

Skylar: What the . . . which one of you pissants let hostages and cops run amuck!

With no hesitation he launched several missles at the floor above. The destruction was begining to cause the cieling above them to collapse. Mitch and Brian wern't able to make it to the others and got cut off. Zoey and Fredrick started to come to from the rubble. Finding that they hand not been crushed by the debris. When they looked up they saw Alice. Taking her Novus form and preventing anyone from anything serious. They were shocked to see her form.

Zoey: Alice . . .?

She had an upset look on her face. Pushing the debris away. However in doing this she had no choice to expose what she was.

Skylar: What the fuck is that?!

Siddenly the sad deminor turned to agression as she turned on the Viper firing the energy shots that she started getting accustomed to. The Viper took the blast but it was only shaken so far.

Skylar: Fuck! Ok that's the way you want to play then lets go bitch.

Nova: Hmm that's strange.

Alice: What's wrong?

Nova: This R-Series Viper seems to have had it's armor changed.

Alice: To what?

Nova: It's alloy is different from other R-Series. In the sense that it is more tolerant to radiation.

Alice: So you're saying I can't hurt it?

Nova: No, I'm saying this irregular armor is more tolerant to radiation and energy attacks. It's most likely designed for exploration in highly radio active areas. But the trade off is it's resistance to physical trauma is weaker.

Skylar: Lets see if you can take what you give.

In seconds the viper unleashed a sqall of bullets. Alice covered her face as the rounds ricochetd off her body. They didn't penitrate the skin but it felt like someone was lunging constant handfuls of gravel on her. She moved out of the way and tried to get in close. The Viper's manuverability was still strong. It was also hard to get close with missles knocking her back to the ground. She nearly hit one of it's propellers and started getting Skylar into a panic.

Skylar: Ok fuck this. Sengar, it's time to earn your pay. You know what to do.

Alice could see Sengar on one of the higher floors and along with him there were three other men.

Sengar: Should have listened to me the first time wench. But that's ok. I'll show you what men can do.

Snaping his fingers the other three jumped off the building. They transformed into their Dayon forms. They ranged between 14 - 18 feet tall. They all lunged at her. She was confident of her ability to take on one at a time but with three at once her efforts were being thwarted.

________________________________________________________________________

For six minutes Alice held them at bay where as everyone else was more focused on the battle against giants. Sengar on the otherhand was becoming increasingly dissapointed.

Sengar: What are you lot doing?! It's a woman no matter how you look at it! She's not even a soldier or a highly trained assassin. It's just some run of the mill high school kid.

Once of them was trying to bind Alice while another was comming from behind. Trying the energy blades from her wrists she cut off the pieces of the dayon. The third one seemed to be able to launch pressurized spines from it's arms. As they were launched, she tried to get the second one to take the hit for her. Firing several shots at the long range dayon she was able to injure and stun it. Trying to get in close. The first one was back at attacking her.

Before it got it's chance to do any seriou damage, it's head was cut off.

Soki: Keep moving.

Alice: You don't care that-

Soki: We'll talk later. Go!

She then moved to finish the third dayon. Leaving two dead and one injured.

Nova: All threat levels from the Class D dayons have ceased. But be ready I detect the signature of a Class B emerging.

It was clear that Sengar was frustrated. Skylar was begining to get worried.

Skylar: What kind of shit are you trying to pull here Sengar?! I paid good money for your services so I want results. Some monsters your buddies were.

Sengar: Shove it Skylar. I intend to do the job I was hired for. And my name is Cryophyte.

As he leaped off the building, he was smoldering in a white mist. When he hit the ground it looked like the concrete was being covered in frost.

Sengar: You just can't find good help these days. Fine then. Forget, Spicule. I'll kill you myself.

Revealing his Dayon form. He took the form of an ice blue quadrupedal creature. On all fours he was about 25 feet tall but was long enough to be 45 feet tall.

Skylar: Finally, a real moster.

Cryophyte: If any of those machine guns round hit me I'm going to break you Skylar.

Cryophyte speawed from his mouth a stream if a pale blue liquid. Everything it touched sinked deep into whatever it hit. A small part hit Alice's shoulder. She could feel the cold from her Novon armor.

Nova: This Dayon is collecting Oxegen and Carbon Dyoxide as a resource for it's attacks.

Alice: Didn't you say I had to touch it for you to scan it's capabilities?

Nova: It appears that function has recieved administrative approval to remove some of it's restrictions. I can now analyze targets from a distance in Novon form so long as you keep your sight fixed on them for a time.

At first it was strange. She doesn't remember doing anything to create a change in Nova's programming. She then remeberd Bianca earlier today. Or then again, she wasn't even sure that it was Bianca in the first place. She hoped that this was all that was done to her.

Everything that was deep frozen was trampled into pieces by Cryophyte. Alice tried more shots at him. Every time he was hit or attacked. Fog would spread from his body making it difficult to verify if she was hurting him or not. And it provided him cover at the same time. He made an attack from the fog using long claws from his hands. Alice cut the claws off the first hand but got struck with the other.

When she got back up, Cryophyte was already back in cover. Removing the broken off claws from her leg, she noticed that they were not made of bone. Nova mentioned that it could also gather carbon dioxide as well as oxygen. Then it's claws were made out of dry ice.

Alice: Nova, I noticed he doesn't use the freeze hose and the dry ice in conjunction.

Nova: Animals and plants pass both elements around, but it's probably more accurate to assume that this dayon is dependend on the two.

Alice: Ok then I just need to knock off some of the dry ice protecting his body.

Nova: If he runs out of carbon dioxide he will simply switch to oxygen.

Alice: And then he'll use his freezing breath again. Fine by me.

She could still tell partly where he was hiding. Cryophyte could sprint fast but his over all weight made it easy to tell where he was comming. Her shots were connecting but the blast was hardly getting through to his body with the dry ice armor.

Skylar wasn't going to wait on the side lines however. He fired two rockets once he was certain he could hit her and not Cryophyte. The Novon armor was able to withstand it to a point but Alice was stunned. Cryophyte made his move grabbing her legs. He slammed her into the ground and with one hand binding her legs while te other grew a katar of dry ice. At the time she could only try and block the attack, holding it at bay.

Cryophyte: My men are an embarassment if they got beaten by a woman. I did warn you not to piss me off.

Her only method right now was to charge up enough energy for the shockwave she used on the first dayon she had ever fought. One of the other dayon she had dealt with from before was begining to get himself back up on his feet.

Cryophyte: Well you survived. Redeem yourself and cut the wenches head off.

Alice needed a few more seconds but the other dayon was not going to wait. It grabbed a large support beam from the building and charged at her despite being injured.

Skylar: Hah. Time to die bitch!

In the split of the second the last dayon was puntured to the wall with a squall of nails. Cryophytes attention was thrown off seeing his comrade slain in a gruesom fassion. Taking the oportunity Alice launched the shock wave, throwing Cryophyte on to his back.

Skylar: Holy fuck . . . It's the bird! Kill it already!

The other thugs began taking their fire off of the police. But every time they saw him, he was gone like a red mist. Only to meet their demise in the same crucifying execution. Red Raven was on the hunt.

Red Raven: One sheep, two sheep, three sheep four. Feed them all and they hunger for more.

Skylar paniced and strafed the building whenever he saw anything red.

Skylar: For fuck sake die already!

His words were then met with a murder of nails.

Skylar: Fuck. you're not taking down this baby with your stupid toothpicks asshole.

While it was true that the nails were only denting the Vipers armor. It was too late to realise that he was aiming for the left propeller. Causing an imbalance in the blades has bent them to begin scrapping across the Vipers armor. It began spinning out of control, faster and faster.

Skylar: Shit, shit shit!

It crashed into part of the building causing several floors to collapse all around it. The gang members formation was falling apart. They lost the heavy weapon that gave them such confidence. Nore were they able to keep the police pinned in cover. Soki began to move in on the building.

Eugene: Sir how do you want to deal with Red Raven?

Soki: Vigalanties don't get any free passes. But don't do anything stupid with that one. Everyone else is either another criminal or a civilian.

Eugene: And the girl?

Soki: One problem at a time.

They tried to get there as soon as possible, however they could hear the screams of terror comming from Ravens prey.

Cryophyte: Saved by a monster. You should count your blessings woman.

Alice: Considering that you had three other guys with you, I actually think that's quite fair hypocrite.

Cryophyte: Whatever. Your chance for mercy long since slipped away. Red Raven changes nothing. So go ahead, and do what all women do. Come at me and give your life for those you care about.

Alice: I'm not sacrificing my life at all.

Cryophyte: Then show me! Live through this then!

He unleashed a full stream of liquid oxygen directly at Alice. More fog began to spread all around where she was standing. But something was wrong. The fresh fog was getting closer. There was no way any part of the building would have made an effective shield as the freezing would have made it too brittle to hold on to. Nore was she immune to the cold temperature.

When it got close enough. A shot came from the fog striking just at the point where the stream was comming out. In seconds the liquid oxygen was ignited. It followed through out Cryophytes body leaving him constantly breating fire as flames from the inside began creating new openings all over. He could not stop lest the fire become trapped. Desperatly venting out the oxygen as quickly as possible. By the time he stopped, the fire hgad dealt too much damage.

Nova: You knew from the begining?

Alice: Liquid oxygen is still oxygen. And that kind of volume could easily be ignited. The carbon dioxide was the fail safe to that so I waited until his resources were low.

Nova: Then why didn't you do that from the begining.

Alice: He was more aware of that flaw than anyone. If I had ignited the stream too far he would have just stopped before it reached him. He could have also changed the streams trajectory to cause an early explosion.

As she walked towards the building. The ruined Cryophyte grabbed her leg. But there was almost no strength left in it. He didn't falter into the half transformed state but only because his body was already too far burnt.

Cryophyte: You . . . you should . . . have been . . . frozen throughout . . . how . . . ?

Alice: . . . I used the broken off chunks of your  dry ice armor. It wasn't flawless but It worked.

Cryophyte: That . . . what they teaching . . . kids in . . . school these days?

Alice: Not at all. I looked that up myself a long time ago. I just happened to remeber it.

Cryophyte: Tch . . . almost makes . . . me wish . . . I had met . . . you first . . . Whatever . . . go . . . do . . . as . . . you . . .please . . . . .

________________________________________________________________________

Skylar was stuck in the vipers half crushed cockpit. He hardly had any leg room and he was flipped partially upside-down. But aside from several bruises he was pretty much ok.

Skylar: Ugh . . . can someone here me? Someone get me out of this rubble already . . . Fuck, Eleazar's going to give me hell for this one.

But as he could get his vision back. He could already see. The victums of Red Raven. And there he saw the predator.

Skylar: Oh, Fuck You! Damn freak.

Raven tried to pierce through the glass. But the nails did not go through.

Skylar: Hahaha, you stupid fuck. This is pretty much bullet proof. Told you you're tooth pick suck.

For the moment raven simply paused holding his nails straight up from the head. Then they began to spin on the tips of the gauntlets. He carved them into drill bits. Skylar's taunting ceased. And then Raven resumed pushing them onto the glass of the viper. At first all Skylar could hear was the grinding noise. But he then noticed that they were begining to break through.

Skylar: Uhh hey, I was just kidding about the nails man. They are really scary. Common I was only doing it because I was told to! I surrender, you win!

But he simply continued on. Slowly they began to break on through with Skylar desperatly trying to find an exit or at least get out of the path of the nails.

Skylar: Fuck me!

Red Raven: Bah, bah black sheep, have you any wool.

Skylar: !!!

Red Raven: Yes sir, yes sir. Three Bags Full!

He punched the spinning nails through. And they did not stop as they grinded against Skylar's flesh. Most of his blood was trapped in the cockpit leaving it all to pool around his head.

It was then Soki entered the room along with several officers. They all paused at the sight of a human being put through a blender.

Eugene: Good . . . God.

Soki: Freeze, Raven.

But his demands were met with several nails. Soki sliced through several of them. And then he was gone again.

Eugene: It's like he really is a ghost or something.

Soki: . . .

________________________________________________________________________

Alice was begining to climb the building. The hostages were still being held in crates that were being held up by cranes. As she neared the top, she could hear gun fire. And when she got to the top there were more gangsters impaled across the roof. A muscular man was repeatedly beating on Red Raven with a crowbad cursing at him. For a moment his gaze was fixed on Alice. he was already terrified before she arrived. The last guy then warned him that Raven had gotten back up again but in the process was nailed off the roof. The strong man was stabbed to the floor. He was still alive but then raven jumped on top of the nail.

Red Raven: Ring around the rosie, pocket full of posies. Ashes ashes.

The nail had begun to spin viciousle. The strong man was begining to spin with the nail faster and faster. He screamed in pain as he was spun so fast that he began to scatter into pieces. Leaving nothing but a spiraled red stain and twisted organs on the nail itself.

Red Raven: We all fall down . . . I'm sorry Liebchen, but the curtain has already closed. The actors have retired and the audience has gone home.

He calmly approached her, dragging one nail across the floor.

Alice: Nova . . . my armor can withstand his nails, right?

Nova: I believe so. But to be honest I cannot get any kind of reading from him at all. It's almost as though there is no one even there.

He then stopped. Despite not even being half her size, Alice still felt like he could kill her at any time he wanted.

Red Raven: I do apologies that we got cut off there that day my dear Liebchen. But the audience has now been composed.

Alice: Composed? Is that what you call a massacre?

Red Raven: My concert is the only way they will be remembered. Without it, they will not get a funeral. But you are not interested in them are you.

Alice: . . .

Red Raven: You don't feel remorse for them. Only I do, only I can compose for them on their way off the stage. So I will sing for you what you wanted to hear. You want to hear the song that tells you where daddy resides.

Alice: You know where he is?

Red Raven: To see the sky you must look from the ground. Only then will you see the mountain to climb.

He then turned around and began to walk away. Alice fired a shot just ahead of him.

Alice: I wasn't done with you. Soki can deal with you his own way but I need to know. Why were you even on that bridge to begin with. I wasn't convinced that you just suddenly lured that Dayon.

Red Raven: Life is prescious Liebchen. Once it's gone, then that it. No assention to heaven nore a pit of hell to fall into. Choose who to save and who to slay. Will you take my life? Or will you . . .

On quew he launched the nail towards her head. It was easy enough for her to dodge, but when she heard the grinding noise. Alice realised that her head was not his target. The nail had hit the crane holding one of the crates. Despite not being in his hand. It did not stop spinning. It would get through the basic steel alot faster then the vipers armor. He slowly backed away giving Alice plenty of time to choose. Alice knew that the worst choice to make was simply not making a choice at all.

She rushed to the crate as fast as she could. Looking back for a moment she saw what little of his cloak there was left. And like before he was gone. The nail had already broken through. The hostages were plummiting. Alice had no time to grab the cable so the best she could do was catch the crate itself.

For the time being there was a moment of relief. But for her, she started to feel like dealing with Dayon was was easier then trying to explain to everyone else about what she had revealed to them.

 

 

End Notes:

Really glad I got this part out. I'm not sure if I will be making them this long. But I do want to keep the number of chapters within the second didgit.

Chapter 10: Advent of Peace by FleetingMoment
Author's Notes:

Been busy with a few personal problems so sorry for the delay. Was also trying to come up with a faster way to type but so far nothing good came around.

             In the aftermath of the conflict many of the emergancy task forces were in the middle of clearing up the damages. The injured were taken to the hospitals and the gang members still alive were arrested. But it didn't really matter that much to Alice at the moment. Away from cameras, she was surrounded by Soki's officers. Zoey and Fredrick had been pulled to the side with Alice waiting for their verdict.

Nova: I do not understand this situation. You stopped three Class D Dayon and a Class B. You have even saved the lives of over fifteen people . . . And yet I detect nothing but hostility from them. Is this because of fear or is it rage?

Alice: It's both.

Nova: You do not seem surprised. Did you anticipate this outcome.

Alice: I've always felt like an outcast before. It's for different reasons but it's basically the same for me.

Soki had been discussing the situation with Brian and his second in command Eugene.

Eugene: So how long did you know about this Brian?

Brian: Just before I joined the force.

Eugene: And you didn't bother to inform anyone?

Brian: No I didn't. Because I knew you people were going to be like this.

Eugene: You mean acting like we are trying to protect and serve the people . . . It's kind of in our job description.

Soki: Enough. I suspected she was hiding something from before anyway.

Brian: Well then why did any of you bother jerking me around if you knew the answer?

Soki: Because you have a duty now. Your a law enforcer now which means I trust in your ability to be honest. So I think it's time for you to start trusting the officers you work with.

Brian: . . . .

Eugene: Truthfully though this is different from Dayon. I can believe that you don't know what to call her.

Brian: Similar ability to change form like Dayon. But if I had to guess I'd say she has an appearance closer to a cyborg or something resembling it anyway.

Soki then began to approach Alice. The other officers were on high alert.

Zoey: Daddy wait. Don't hurt her.

Fredrick: . . . .

Mitch: Kid if we were going to attack we would have done so. We trust our chiefs judgment. So don't do anything stupid that would make it worse for your friend.

Fredrick: I doubt you would be able to put her behind bars anyway. From my point of view, you do anything to piss her off and you'll all be in the bad situation.

Mitch: . . . Thanks for the insight smart ass.

Soki pulled up a chair and sat face to face with Alice.

Soki: Sigh . . . So it's been about four years since we were in a similar situation.

Alice: . . . Yes sir.

Soki: You ready to tell me what that was all about?

Alice: I probably would never be ready but I'm not going anywhere unless I do so.

Soki: Enlighten us then.

Nova: I can predict several escape options. I do not yet detect any hostility from him.

Alice: I'm not going anywhere Nova.

Nova: Are you sure? There is no guarantee that they will remain passive.

Soki: Nova . . .?

Alice: Nova's my Abma.

She first explained the accident. How she was saved by her father using Nova. She didn't explain the exact details about Nova's functions except that they were similar to Ayous but artificial. Her first encounter with the Dayon. Followed by her first Devil Scar attack.

Alice: And now their leader, Spicule will probably be hunting me down.

Soki: . . . I sevearly doubt that Devil Scar is the only one.

Alice: ?

Soki: Last night we found evidence that your home was broken into.

Alice: Why? There's nothing of value . . .

Soki: The investigation suggests that the perpatrators were the Al Capone family. I wasn't able to get any hard evidence but I know it's them. Sorry to say this Ms. Vermire but they were probably looking for you. The Al Capone's are probably one of the most feared syndicate in the world. Their biggest product are orphans.

Fredrick: . . . . .!

Alice: And you can't do anything about them?

Soki: The evidence is always lacking. The Conclave won't approve of our permits. And even if they did, they have more man power then a local police department. Trust me, I've been trying to go after them for awhile.

Alice: So what do you expect from me then? Did you want me to go blazing into their fort or something like that?

Soki: Not at all. I actually would prefer you to maintain as much distance between them as possible. And I don't plan on puting you under supervision either.

Alice: I'd figured you would all be scared of me . . . of what I am.

Soki: I know you well enough that you don't go and intimidate people just because you have power over them. The Dayon that you destroyed were trying to harm you so that's self defense. And since the Conclave denies the exsistance of them in the first place, that means that you tecnically didn't murder anyone. Besided, I've seen some of the sickest minded people out there even before my military days. You could use more people on your side. At ease officers.

The rest of Soki's force began to back off and resume their usual duties.

Eugene: So you're fine with this sir?

Soki: She's a good person. If the Conclave wants me to take a seventeen year old super human into custody then they are going to have to acknowledge the exsistance of Dayon in the first place. And lets face it. She just proved that our current weaponry is ineffective. Especially now that Dayon are comming in with gangsters to back them up. I need to see Blane. Mr Riggs, I leaver Alice in your care for the time being.

Brian: Are you serious?

Soki: Like I said I'm trusting you. So it's time for you to have some trust in the rest of us.

They departed leaving Brian to keep things under control.

Brian: So you ok there?

Alice: Seems like I got lucky again

Zoey: Tch, well it's obvious you get lucky when you don't bother to tell anyone.

Alice: What was I suppost to say to you. Hey guys I can turn into a giant cyborg version of myself now.

Fredrick: Doesn't really matter anymore does it. Lets just move on already.

Brian: . . .

Mitch: Sorry to bother you again kids but I found someone among the hostages. Said his name was Daniel.

He came from behind the officer. Daniel was a little roughed up but otherwise fine.

Alice: Daniel?! What happened to you?

Daniel: Sorry . . . I got caught with several other people.

Fredrick: What did you get trampled by panicing jerks?

Daniel: People in a panic don't really care who they step on.

Fredrick: Whoa . . . I was just kidding . . . Seriously?

Daniel: I'll live

Mitch: Are you sure?

Daniel: Yeah.

Zoey: You don't need to play the tough guy routine.

Daniel: I'm not. Frankly I'm better off not going to a hospital.

Fredrick: Well in anycase just going to let you know that Alice's big secret is out.

Daniel: I know.

Fredrick: And you're cool with that dude?

Daniel: Should I be frightened? Only people who are weak hearted would turn in terror.

Fredrick: . . .

Zoey: Wow . . . Not often you see guys who are comfortable aroud people bigger then them.

Brian: Ahem . . . I knew before him.

Zoey: Well you're a prick anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if this was all your fault in the first place.

Brian: Jee thanks.

Fredrick: No she's right. You are a prick.

Brian: Hey watch it Nazi.

Fredrick: Stop calling me that.

Mitch: Mr. Riggs. You're on duty so act like it. I'm heading back to the office. You keep an eye out for the kids until you get word from the chief.

Brian: Yes sir . . .

Mitch departed while Brian escorted the others off the premesis.

________________________________________________________________________

As Soki was on his way back to the office he was greeted by Blaine.

Blaine: Just the man I needed to see.

Soki: Likewise Mr. Blane

Blaine: If that's the case then would you like to start or shall I?

Soki: You look like you have something more important so I'll get mine out of the way first.

Blaine: Ver well then. I take it that this is about weaponry . . .

Soki: Yes. I thought they would be effective agains't Dayon, but the problem is that Dayon are starting to get support from small time criminals. Today especially, we were against a total of four Dayon, about thirty eight thugs and to make things worse an R-Series Viper gunship. That's quite alot for our department to handle. And I doubt the other departments are doing any better. I don't want to sound greedy or anything but . . .

Blaine: Not at all. The armaments I gave you all were ment to deal with a Dayon. But if what you say is true then not only are there numbers increasing but they are also supporting undesirables. The biggest worry though is the Viper. Have you been able to get anything from the wreckage?

Soki: Our guess is that they got it from Devil Scar. But I'm not sure. That particular one wasn't designed for field combat. It had very strong radiation shielding and A.P.C. (Armored Personnel Carrier) capabilities.

Blaine: If it's salvagable then I think I can get it fixed for you.

Soki: Are you sure?

Blaine: It's an illegal model so it's sale records would have to be destroyed after it was purchased. It would make much better air support then the Polair models that you are stuck with.

Soki: If we use something like that then . . .

Blaine: Against Dayon the Conclave will do nothing. So as long as they are used in Dayon situations you are basically invisible. Keeping Dayon off the media works both ways and you know that. You can have this one once I have it redesigned for urban combat. Then I'll start getting more of them for the other departments. I'll see what I can do about more effective weaponry against Dayon. But I think the Viper should let you hold the line long enough for my staff to put something together.

Soki: . . . Thank you sir.

Blaine: Now speaking of that Viper . . . I got some intellegence that it was indeed used by Devil Scar, but they got it from another source.

Soki: Al Capone?

Blaine: Worse . . . And I'd rather discuss that in a more secure location.

________________________________________________________________________

Brian brought everyone back to Soki's home feeling that it was the most secure. It was a rough day but it was at least comming to an end. It didn't take long for the lot to get comfortable.

Zoey: Don't go stealing all the chips Fred.

Fredrick: Relax, it's not like you're going to miss one bag. I'll pay for it.

Brian: Mind keeping it down a bit. Trying to check the news.

Brian tried to get the most effective station but he wasn't expecting much. After twenty minutes he finally found something.

Daniel: Alice I think you might want to see this.

It was the event that they just came from earlier today but it was not exactly like they remember.

News Anchor: Earlier today Omenyx Inc had made a very generous donation to the Tuwa Foundation. However this generosity had agitated a group of extremists. The group calling themselves the Flying Hyenas, known for several acts of violence, murder and theft interfeared in the donation. Neither Chairman David Blaine or Linus Hatch were available to interview for long but David Blaine made it very clear that he was intending on bringing those responsible to justice. Some of the members were arrested however many of the others were murdered by a third party. During the incident there were reports that the stand alone vigilante, Red Raven was seen entering the scene. The Flying Hyena's leader Skylar Hygh was terminated more violently then the other members. And was even caught trying to execute hostages. Local athorities were able to save the hostages in time but were unable to uprehend Red Raven. The vigilante's motives are still unknown but it is recomended that citizens return to their homes after 8:00pm.

Alice: Just like you said Daniel. Anything to do with Dayon is removed.

Fredrick: Seems like a dick move to make it look like Ravens the biggest culperate.

Zoey: You haven't seen how he kills people yet right . . .

Fredrick: I wasn't even sure that Raven was real. How does he do it?

Brian: He stabs people to death with massive nails.

Fredrick: Really . . . How does he carry them?

Zoey: No one really knows. It was really dark when I was around and I didn't see him carry any more then two. I could only hear them and when the lights were on . . . well it was a mess hall.

Brian: Hold up there's a little more.

News Anchor: Arch Bishop Eleazar had this to say.

Comming up on to the reporter was the Arch Bishop. He was going bald on the top, looked to be in his 70s about 5'1 feet tall. He was over weight and walked on a cain. He had someone else with him. He was about 4'5 feet tall. Roughly the age of 13 and very skinny. He was completly bald and wore a while coat.

Eleazar: I do express my sorrow for both the Tuwa Foundation and Omenyx. I will not deny that I was a non supporter, but I never would wish such a tradgety to befall them. Skylar Hygh was a lost soul who had succumb to his own darkness. All he needed was guidance. But he was never given the chance he needed. Instead of being judged properly. A foul monster chose to tourture him in a greusom fassion. This demon is not a simbol of justice. The Red Raven is as his name suggests, an animal. He is guilty of the crime of mass murder. Therefore I have decided to completly deny any human rights of the Raven. The law enforcment will not require any warrents or permits in his capture or execution. I also offer a $10,000,000,000 reward for the death of this monster. $ 50,000,000,000 for his live capture to anyone be it bounty hunter, law enforcer or just a regular citizen.

News Anchor: There have been many people since then begginging a hunt for the Red Raven. The promise for a fortune has easily reached the ears of people even outside the Atlantic City. In other news-

Fredrick: Holy . . . Fuck! And I thought Blane had alot of money to spare.

Brian: So you joining on the hunt?

Fredrick: Oh god no . . . I'd probably get trampled by the wanna-be hunters let alone chase after him.

Zoey: Yeah and unlike Blaine. I doubt that the Arch Bishop got that kind of money by being nice to people.

Alice seemed to be thinking about something else while the others dibated over the bounty.

Daniel: Something wrong?

Alice: Who was that boy next to Eleazar?

Daniel: Couldn't tell you. I just know that Eleazar is never seen in public without him.

Brian: Oh that guy. I've heard some of the other cops talk about him. He's suppost to be Eleazar's bodyguard. Or something like that.

Daniel: Does he bother you?

Alice: I'm not sure. There's just something . . . omenous about him.

Fredrick: Well you have super powers so I don't see what you're worried about.

Zoey: Fred, that's low even for you.

Fredrick: . . . Whatever. I gotta get back to Margaret anyway.

Fred walked out of the house right away. Brian was right behind him

Alice: Fred,-

But Alice was stopped by Daniel.

Daniel: Don't take it to heart. I don't think he ment what he said.

________________________________________________________________________

As Fredrick was stomping off he was halted by Brian.

Brian: Pretty wierd that you slam your friends but not your enemies.

Fredrick: I don't want to hear it. Especially from you.

Brian: Does it matter if you hear it or not? Time's not going to rewinde for you. And lets not forget that I'm the one that lost someone that day, Not you!

Zoey had been eavsdropping on the argument.

Fredrick: Because of your assing around, Ripley had to pay for it. And then Simon.

Brian: And also thanks to me you still have Margaret. Besides we all knew the risk.

Fredrick: Worst risk we ever took.

Brian: Well thank you for making everything better by acting all victimized. And I didn't see you help at all.

Fredrick: Yeah well not like I can help anyone anyway. Unless you need me to stay then I'll be leaving.

Brian: I ain't stopping you. Feel free to duck in cover. It's what your best at. Although I'm not sure if she's going to let you off the hook yet.

When Fred turned around he saw Zoey starring at him.

Fredrick: Zoey. Why-

Zoey: Seems like keeping secrets is a common trend around here. I knew you were an orphan before and out of respect I never asked what happened before. Alice got forced into this situation recently. But how long have you both known about Dayon in the first place.

Fredrick: I don't have to answer-

Brian: Well I knew about them since I was eight and he was about nine at the time.

Fredrick: What the hell, Shut up!

Brian: Hey you're already busted anyway and I'm tecnically not in your friend group so I have no obligation to cover for you.

Fredrick: . . . Fine. Enjoy your bed time story.

Zoey: I'd rather here it from you. Don't make Brian do it.

Fredrick: Why should I? It's in the past anyway.

Zoey: At least do it for Alice. You've been with her longer than I have. You're probably the first friend she ever had. Like her, I've only learned about these monsters recently. And it's not just that either. You both have seen it.

Fredrick: . . .

Zoey: Somethngs happening to her even now. That thing inside her. Nova . . . I don't know what it is. Or what it was ment for. Can you understand what it's like for her? I mean what if it doesn't stop . . . and I mean ever . . . what does that mean for her.

Brian: Only thing we can do is try to help. She said her dad created that Amba thing so he may know a way to at least stop it.

Fredrick: Do I look like a scientist?

Brian: Not at all. But you could still try. If nothing else at least offer some mental support.

???: A bit of an interesting story. But I must interupt. I would like to meet this Alice.

________________________________________________________________________

Back inside the house. Alice still felt down about what Fred said.

Alice: . . . It's not like I asked for this.

Daniel: It's probably better for you anyway.

Alice: How is this better for me?!

Daniel: Because you did not want it. Therefore I think that Nova is better in your hands then another. What do you think someone who wants it would do.

Alice: I suppose they would abuse Nova to an insane level.

Daniel: That's putting it lightly but accurate. And I can tell you that people will want Nova because it's not theirs.

Alice: So you think Fredrick wants this?

Daniel: He just wants the ability to accomplish. I don't think he's a bad person. He's just scared. Probably not because of you. Nothing against the guy but he's the kind of person that should not have power yet. Guys like him need to be able to act without power before using it. Like you.

Alice: There's nothing special about me.

Daniel: And who is special? I may not have known you personally for long but you are someone who can act without power. If someone bullies you or the people around you. You don't let them win.

Alice began to blush. But she did not turn away from Daniel.

Daniel: You'll do what you believe in. And I'll support you, even if the rest of the world will not.

Alice: . . . Even if I become a giant? Would you stay by me if I was towering over you.

Daniel: You already tower over me at this point. And others are scared of feeling insignificant. They don't get that a giant that doesn't want to harm others, will never intentionally harm them.

Alice: How do you do it?

Daniel: Do what?

Alice: I mean why are you never scared of anyone? I've seen Brian hit you and you never fought back. The spider never intimidated you once either. Zoey told me you were even ganged up on by a mob.

Daniel: I guess because their misery never reached me. I really didn't care about the lot of them anyway. You're still trying to move forward despite having tradegy stabbing you. So you're worth talking to.

But as they were talking. The lights went out. It seemed like all the electronics were completly shut down. They tried to see if it was a power outage but none of the lights were burnt out nore have any of the circut breakers released.

Alice: Great what a mood killer.

Daniel: . . .

Alice: Nova please tell me you still work.

Nova: But of course. It would be difficult if I had to rely on an external power source. This is not a black out. Somethings stopping the power.

Alice: Please tell me this is not another Dayon attack. I think we've all had about enough of them for one day.

Daniel: This is not a Dayon. I've seen this before.

Before Alice could ask him what the problem was. Daniel was thrown to the cieling face up.

Alice: Daniel?!

Nova: No Dayon life signs detected. This is more likely the work of a Reaver.

???: Strange. I see two minds in you.

Alice: Wait who was that?

Nova: Alert. Detecting psionic activity. This wave pattern suggests it to be a Reaver greater then an Acolyte and even a Apostle ranked Reaver. Warning! this is an Advent ranked Reaver.

???: So that is what this level of civilization calls us. I must admit . . . it is rather enjoyable. I think we may consider keeping that name.

Alice: Who are you?!

Her question was answered with a massive hole being ripped apart in the front of the house. The crumbling bits began to circle the source. Alice recognized him from Eleazar's speach. The boy that guards him. Floating around him were Fredrick, Brian and Zoey. And soon Daniel as well was added to his grasp. And his eyes radiated with a brilliant yellow.

Alice: !!!

He spoke directly into her mind.

Peace: I am Peace. Or at least that is the name I have chosen for this world.

Alice: Leave my friends alone.

Peace: I am simply evaluating them. Three of them have some potential. But there is no certanty that they would not be contaminated. I believe your kind has named them Dayon.

All but Daniel were lowered to the ground but unable to move.

Peace: This one on the other hand is very lacking. I know your kind has limitations that you cannot help. Your world does not require you to be anything more so I do not think poorly of you . . . but this one feels degraded even by your standards. It's strange that it has not expired yet.

Alice began feeling enraged the way Peace was holding Daniel. She lunged at Peace without a second thought.

Alice: I said put him down!

As she reached ten feet from Peace he moved his hand binding her in his psionic grasp. She was still showing signs of struggling.

Peace: I apologiese. I have no interest in extinguishing this one. It will expire on it's own anyway. I came here to evaluate you.

He released Daniel like the rest. He then levitated higher with Alice instead.

Peace: You are different in another form. Two minds in one. The other one is trying to block me from your mind. For an artificial construct it's respectably formidable. No concept of gender and is purly logic. The architect put alot of thought into it. And the other one . . . Filled with passion. But I cannot see it's past properly. Your mind is strange . . . I . . . do not understand it. I was informed that humans have two sections to their brain. One is ment for Logic and the other is Creativity. The other humans focus on only one side. But you . . . 52% of your mind activity is used on the Right side, the creative side. 48% is of the left, the logic side. Nearly perfect usage of both sides.

Alice: You . . . You make yourself out to be something superior then us . . . And you still can't understand.

Nova: Psionic frequency cracked. The field is still active but I can stop the inhibitor of your Novus form.

In a hurry Alice took on her Novon armor. She didn't have time to condence her shockwave and just casted it normally. Peace reacted putting up a shield of yellow particles releasing his grasp.

Nova: Caution. Peace is converting the psionic force into another form of energy. High levels of Ions detected.

Peace: Perhapse it will be better to evaluate you with a more direct approach.

Alice then tried firing several projectiles at him. The first hit his shield. It was stopped but Peace was pushed back. He started to take her more seriously when he dodged the second. Then he charged up Ionic particles and fired a constant stream through the last. Alice dodged away from the house makng sure that no one would be hit by stray fire. The beam chased her leveling the ground as it followed. She thought to herself . . . if a shot can partially get through the shield then a constant steam might break through completly. Using one of the structures as leverage Alice leaped toawrds the air born Peace.

She wasn't confident in her ability to cast a constant laser yet but the blade idea might work better. She struck the side of the shield an Peace ceased the Ion Stream. Trying her best Alice tried to force the blade through the shield. Little by little it was getting closer to Peace. Yet he did not seem worried at all. He then grinned and in the blink of an eye he was gone. Alice landed on the ground confused as to what just happened. She heard a rather strange zooming sound when he vanished and then heard it again to find Peace.

Peace: Interesting. The energy you wield bears a similarity to our own. But your body does not suffer the motabolism failure that our insecure hosts would have. The construct is like us but refuses to dominate you.

Alice tried the shockwave again on reaction. Yet again he vanishes only to appear to her side.

Peace: There is still something incomplete about you. Perhapse I appeared too early. For not you have passed the evaluation. But there are ripples in your actions that I cannot see yet.

Alice: What do you even want from me if you're so above us humans?

Peace: You're name is Alice and Nova correct? A human is one mind all alone. So does having a second mind make you human? We are always together even when apart. Humans rely on their own memory and imagination when parted. But in the end are alone.

It was something Alice had tried to avoid thinking about. But now something like Peace can hardly understand her. Physically and Mentally.

Peace: I think I may need to wait for a bit to evaluate you properly. Perhapse my fellow Advents can help understand you as well. For now I will leave. No life was lost therefore I can undo the damage's I caused. I know how long it takes humans to repair destruction and will do you a favor.

And in a blink he was gone again. As Alice returned to house she found all the damages put back together. She looked closer at where Peace destroyed the walls. They would hold but there was a sign of the damage. Peace can only fix something if all the pieces are intact to a reasonable level. If it was destroyed too much then it wouldn't be possible.

Alice: I was afraid he might have been something resembling a god.

Nova: Such a word has no meaning in my data base.

Alice: So you don't know what it is then?

Nova: I mean that the Advent Peace does not fit the term.

Alice: Then I guess a god was always our imaginations.

Alice checked on everyone. They were unconcious but ok. But now she was worried. Alot of the cryptic words Bianca destribed fit. She was refering to Cryophyte and Peace.

Alice: Nova can you try to monitor my dreams?

Nova: I am not certain but I will make the attempt. Why?

Alice: I think there's something after me and is tampering with you as well.

Nova: If that is the case then it would explain the time skips in my data base. I will do what I can.

End Notes:

Well I hope you guys are still with me on this. Please comment, and or rate if you're still interested. Any tips would be nice as well. Not sure if I can get the next one up any time soon.

Chapter 11: Unstable Hearts by FleetingMoment
Author's Notes:

 Dayon Classes

Class E: Most common of all Dayon. As a result of Ayous contamination, this class suffers multiple disfigurments. Although they cannot transform like the other classes, they are physically superior to their original human form. As well as resistant to radioactive areas and other harsh environments. On occasions they can develope a unique mutation that makes them more dangerous. They range from 7 feet to 9 feet tall.

Class D: They are capable of transformation but only to a point. A common example is to only transform half of their body into a beast like state while the other remains the same. The disfigurements are the most intense on this particular class even in their human form. Range from 10 to 15 feet tall.

Class C: Less disfigurements are inflicted on this class and it's easier to hide them. This class can fully transform and is the most commonly encountered Dayon in the upper levels of the city. It is often that they bare a resemblance to another animal and has the easiest time with transformation. Ranging from 15 feet to 30 feet tall.

Class B: This is where Dayon begin to stand out from one to another. These Dayon develope some rather interesting mutations. They rely on a natural element such as hydrogen or they can create a chemical compound. The downside to their power is that their mental stability begins to break down at this level and can suffer minor memory loss or even a psychotic break. Another downside is that they take a few hours to return to their human forms. Usually ranging from 35 feet to 95 feet tall.

Class A: Probably the most vicious of all the classes. It can take from a week to a whole month for them to regain their human form and with each transformation they become more savage and disfigured. They wield great power but they struggle to determine who is friend or foe because to them all the others seem so small that they mistaken them for food. In the lower levels of cities they tend to prey on other Dayon as they are the only life form with enough nourishment to maintain their large bodies. Their scale ranges from 100 feet to 700 feet tall.

               High in the Spire, the Advent Peace makes his return. Everything around him opens and closes around him as though it was ment for him to proceed. He comes to meet the Arch Bishop of the Conclave, Haely Eleazar.

Eleazar: You're late, Peace . . .

Peace: Yes, the examination took a bit longer than was previously anticipated.

Eleazar: And you have nothing else to say for yourself? Don't forget that us humans have a limited time to live, and I am close to my own.

Peace: You have ninteen more years of what you value as time. And as long as you don't leave the Spire without either me or one of my fellow Advents then you may be saved from your mortality.

Eleazar: Don't remind me and the sooner I get to complete my end of the bargan the sooner you get yours as well . . . Wait, you're calling yourself an Advent now?

Peace: I find it has a certain charm to it that exeeds the "Saints" title you gave us.

Eleazar: Well a names a name anyway so fine. I'll just get you identified a such.

They began to walk down a corridor and into a large laboratory. In the glass chambers there were several specimens of Dayon and others had Blank bodies for Reavers.

Peace: I've noticed that you are starting to gather multiple vassals.

Eleazar: Yes . . . Some have been showing progress but they keep perishing once we try to deify them.

Peace: It's a simple problem. Trying to find another incarnation of what you refer to as a Chosen One takes too long. I've been examining a solution however.

Eleazar: You mean that girl I've been hearing so much about? She is no Eden.

Peace: As of now that is correct . . . But her body seems much more durable. We can always try it if your other subject fail.

Eleazar: Well then why the devil didn't you bring her in? It's not exactly hard to find her.

Peace: Because at this time there were too many irregularities to make a proper evaluation. Therefore I have summoned Crusade and Testament so that we can make a proper evaluation.

Eleazar: Then you saved me the trouble. While you're doing the investigation I need one of you to do a job for me. I don't care which one. I got some upgraded Stasis Suits as payment.

Peace: That is also dependant on what you wish us to do.

Eleazar: Just outside of the city, there's the remains of the devil, Belial.

Peace: Contaminated Ayous that allow themselves to fall to such a corrupted level are none of our concern. We were planning on their termination once our mission is complete.

Eleazar: The Nuclear Radiation outside the cities is pretty much died out save for a few red zones. The Devils were the real reason that the humans you are testing remain in your testing grounds. So if they all die that means everyone starts leaving and I can't deliver your vassal and you can't deliver me salvation. Get it!

Peace: Very well if you insist. But instead of better Stasis Suits, I would prefer you to collect everything that the Omenyx group has been developing.

Eleazar: I'm working on it! Unlike you Ayous. My people have a little thing called Politics. And until I can get rid of it then I have to do things the hard way. Skylar already failed so I had to hide it using that nut job.

Peace: I'm surprised you haven't removed the Raven.

Eleazar: The best way to get politics off your back is to blame someone else. But no one cares about greedy little burglars. You need someone who you can really lable as a monster. Red Raven fits the bill perfectly. An unorthodox killing methode, a haunting appearance and no one knows what he's after. Best of all is the fact that I don't have to pay him or guide his actions. He gets rid of Dayon on his own completely free of charge.

Peace: Then I will leave that one be for now. I will terminate the Raven if it causes too much of a problem.

Eleazar: Heh . . . See, you're learning how politics work.

________________________________________________________________________

         After the skirmish with Peace. Alice and the others had several new issues to worry about. They had all been re-assigned to a new school as their previous one had been destroyed. With the exception of Brian since he in away wa thrown out and graduated so that he could be a full time police officer. In a few days they would have to resume their schooling. For now they were trying to recover from the attack of Peace.

Daniel: Hardly got a chance to see who that was . . .

Fredrick: Oh you missed that? Yeah that was a psychic balled boy from out of nowhere.

Zoey: Fred don't be a jerk. None of us got a good look at him.

Brian: The guy clobbered us in a split second. Did you see him Alice?

Alice: Yeah . . . I think he was after me.

Fredrick: Great . . . first hungry monsters then angry gangsters and now flying mind blasters. Now all we need is an army of giant robots and the sets complete.

Brian: For once in your life do everyone a favor and shove a lemon in that yap of yours.

Fredrick: Oh and are you going to hit me again!

Brian: Well duh!

Zoey: God damnit, didn't we just get past this?!

Fredrick, Zoey and Brian got stuck in a large argument. Many reasons were because of it. Fredrick didn't speak it directly but he was determined to stay as far away from Dayon and Reaver alike. Brian on the other hand was more prone to the opposite idea. To persue them even if it ment using Alice in the process. Zoey was stuck in the middle. Her priority was more along the lines of keeping Alice out of it. Daniel remained quiet. But in time the noise was getting to Alice. And before long she simply got sick of it.

Alice: . . . Shut up all of you!!!

For a moment it was quiet.

Alice: Fredrick if you don't want to be near me anymore then that's fine. I hold nothing against you. Brian if you want to persue them then you can do it in any way you want.They're after me so no one else has to be apart of it. You guys keep thinking about what's best for me but it ain't good enough. So make your choices and go from there. good bye!

Alice left the building and wandered off into the night. Her words left a sense of uneasiness. For a bit they pondered what to do but began comming to their conclusions.

Brian: Guess I'll be seeing you guys around.

Zoey: You know you made some of the strongest points. Shouldn't you try it one more time?

Brian: I probably should . . . But now that I think about it. It seems like a waste of time. I said what I said not out of justic or revenge. It was simply a means to redeem the things I had done.

Fredrick: . . . Sorry.

Zoey: For what, being an idiot?

Fredrick: Every time I get around Dayon I am usually the lucky one. I have to watch someone else get carried off and I can't do nothing about it.

Brian: Why not grab a gun then?

Fredrick: Because either one, I die in the process or two. I get so used to that gun that I don't want to put it down. And I keep fearing that if I get that far into it . . . I won't be able to determine Dayon from Human anymore.

Brian: . . . Guess I had you pegged wrong.

Fredrick: What?

Brian: Doesn't matter. Like Alice said. Make up your minds and go on from there.

Fredrick: Yeah . . . She really hates hessitation.

Zoey: Just make sure you apologies to her later. Right now I think she's had enough of us for the time being. And don't worry. I got to do the same.

Daniel: Out of curiosity. Aren't you suppost to be keeping an eye on her?

Brian: Soki said I was in charge of dealing with her security. That doesn't mean I need to baby sit her 24/7.

Daniel: Very well then I think I'll go and see how she's doing then.

Zoey: I really can't tell if you have a thing for her or not.

Daniel: Then I'll leave that to your imagination. Just not sure where she would go.

Fredrick: She went to the part. It's her usual place where she tends to wander off to. I got to go anyway. Don't need Linus to get worried. Or Margaret for that matter. So I'll show you the way.

Both Daniel and Fredrick departed for the park in the district. Leaving Zoey and Brian behind.

Zoey: I did want to ask Fred but he doesn't seem to interested in talking about it. What really happened to you guys.

Brian: Well if you want to stay up for a bit then sure I'll tell you.

________________________________________________________________________

                   Alice was on her own walking through the park. The same place where she began practicing the abilities with Nova.

Nova: I don't suppose there is anything I can do to help. Is there?

Alice: You don't need to worry about it that much. It's just a fight. Even if they choose to keep their distance then that's not going to stop me.

Nova: I was detecting multiple emotions but there were aot of physical issues as well.

Alice: Well it is past 1:30am. Being tired can also make someone irritable. And an Advent did just rip apart a house and toss everyone around like paper. You said that you cracked his psionic frequency . . . What does that mean.

Nova: To put it simply I studied his specific pattern and tried to create a counter frequency to it.

Alice: So does that mean i'm immune to psionics then?

Nova: For the moment. However I can currently only counter one frequency at a time. All he has to do is change it and the problem starts again. That particular time he simply chose not to hold you down with it.

Alice: Right, I guess if you want to see how threatening a lion is you can't do it with a cage protecting you.

Nova: I will continue to work on more effective means against Reavers.

As she wandered she noticed someone else in the park. It was Linus Hatch, and he seemed really bothered by something.

Linus: A little late to be out for a stroll is it not? But then again, who am I to complain.

Alice: I thought that Mr. Blane was keeping you under protection?

Linus: That is true but I'm no longer concerned with extremists. Besides I need to at least take one more last trip through this park.

Alice: Why? You're not going to die are you?

Linus: Actually it's the other way around. I just got word that this park is suppost to be paved over . . .

Alice: What?! But this is one of the only places that has any real plant life left.

Linus: Eleazar used the attack on the Tuwa Foundation to remove the protection on this place. I don't hate the white man but someone like Eleazar is even worse. If white really was something unpleasant then he is probably at the top of that spectrum.

Alice: . . . This place holds memories for me as well. You're not going to just let him get away with this are you?

Linus: I don't want to either. But I have no legal means to oppose him and violence would just lead to my imprisonment. He has been looking for an excuse to shut the Tuwa Foundation down for awhile. Surviving is my first methode of retaliation.

Alice: So . . . you're going to play their game to victory.

Linus: I am aware that it's rigged against me. But thanks to Blane I can at least save alot of the plants here. My goal is to restore the land to what it used to be. To give the Earth it's life back that we stole from it.

Alice: I suppose if you win a game that was rigged against you then that is a real jaw dropper to your opponent.

Linus: It's pretty much my last option. And what about you . . . How do you win a game that's rigged against you?

Alice: I'm not as confident in playing a rigged game. But I know that people who like to put others into an unfair game don't really feel like adults to me. They toy with you until they get bored and then they just declare you the loser once they are done. But I have noticed that they turn into screaming children when you go on the attack and ruin the gmae itself. They don't get bored of it. They get unhappy, uncomfortable and angry. That's the way I see to deal with people like that.

Linus: Sounds pretty straight forward. And to be honest . . . I would love to do it that way. I just wish there were more people like you. Then there would be a world worth fighting for.

He got up and offered a hand shake. As a form of respect Alice responded in kind.

Linus: You know. It's becoming more often that I find the younger people act more like adults then the actual adults. And with the way you kids keep shooting up it's nice to shake hands with someone that I don't need to bend down for.

Linus was still almost a foot taller right now but she was close enough for it to matter.

Linus: Now then I think I need to consider taking your advice. And go on the offense.

Alice: Isn't what I said kind of situational?

Linus: Of course but there are still ways to create the situation. And even if I am unable to save this park I will make sure that it's seeds are preserved. But the first thing I have to do is pick up Fredrick. Margaret was concerned.

Alice: Of course . . . He was one of the people taken hostage in the raid. I guess I can't really say you left him if you had several body guards hold you down.

Linus: Trust me I tried to. But I think Blane got me with a tranquilizer. I suppose it's the downside to having V.I.P. protection.

Alice: Wait . . . Blane stopped you?

Linus: That man has to be one of the most confusing people I have ever met. I guess he didn't consider Fredrick among the V.I.P.

Alice: . . .

During the discussion. They noticed that both Daniel and Fredrick were comming over to them. Fredrick had more of a guilty expression on his face.

Fredrick: . . . I know you probably had enough of me for today but I just wanted to say sorry for-

Daniel: And before you finish that you should look a bit ahead.

Fredrick: What . . . Oh! Hi there Linus

Linus: Are you ok Fredrick?

Fredrick: Yeah they didn't do anything to me.

Linus: That's good to hear.

Fredrick: Please tell me Margaret isn't still up waiting for me.

Linus: I made sure she was asleep before I came to get you.

After a breef chat they began to say there goodbyes before going there seperate ways.

Daniel: I take it that Linus doesn't know then?

Alice: He has his own problems. And I just heard that they are taking down this park.

Daniel: . . . Well that's disheartening.

Alice: Sounds kind of tame the way you put it.

Daniel: Life always finds a way to keep going. Just a shame you can't get rid of the problem before it happens.

Alice: . . . What if I . . .

Daniel: It's your choice but if you try to go Nova on them then you might actually create more problems then solve them.

She had to accept that fact. It is true that she could use Nova and either intimidate the construction workers or even destroy the one who gave the order. But unless she destroyed the Conclave itself then Alice would be stuck being the defender of a park. It sounded kind of anti-climaxtic when she thought about it.

Daniel: You know I don't think your wrong though. And unlike most other people I run into. You seem to care about what goes on around you. Everyone else just stares off into space.

Alice: . . . That's the first time I have ever seen you smile.

Daniel: To be fair I usually don't have alot to smile about. But there's a medal for you since you pulled it off.

As they began to walk up the bridge stairs along the little river however. Alice had forgotten to take into account her leg length and ended up stepping a step and a half more then what she was used to. Because she didn't make the third step she ended up triping. She leaned back to try and regain her balance and began to fall backwards instead. With her arms being higher then before she ended up out of reach of the handle rail.

Daniel tried to catch her but he didn't have the strength to hold up her weight and ended up falling with her. Alice landed on the solid ground with Daniel fell right on her. For a moment they paused as they stared at one another awkwardly. They both tried to get up afterwards. Daniel had a guilty expression on his face with Alice having an embarrassed feeling.

Daniel: Sorry . . . I was trying to catch you. Guess I failed miserably.

Alice: You know Daniel. I don't think you should put yourself down so much. It was my fault in the first place . . . I'm still trying to get used to this bigger body . . . You at least had something soft to land on.

She could tell that Daniel had been trying to force himself not to look at her huge chest. Alice knew that such interests were deep seeded into your being. Daniel probably had to use alot of mental strength just to avoid looking.

Daniel: Don't take this the wrong way but . . . You don't have any issues with movement do you?

Alice: Strangly none whatsoever . . . In fact I feel like gravity doesn't even affect me. In my Novus form I don't feel at all hindered by my own weight . . . Almost like I'm not human anymore-

Daniel: Does it matter?

Alice: What?

Daniel: There's nothing special about being human to begin with. You don't think any differently before your accident. Others usually lose their ability to walk or another bodily function they took for granted.

For a moment there was a pause.

Alice: You're too good of a person you know that. You don't defend yourself but when it comes to the suffering of others you're the first one to move

Daniel: I'm just used to pain. Others are not.

Alice: . . . Then I'm glad that you were born.

Daniel: . . . . .

They finally got up properly and walked back to Soki's place. Although they didn't say anything to one another for the rest of the night, they didn't have to.

________________________________________________________________________

Far below the middle level lay the lower level. The buildings were ruined sky scrapers. The people down here for the most part had to fend for themselves. The only way to make enough money was to work in the industrial buildings. Most were owned by the Conclave. And close to the exit of the ground level of the city was a ruined Dayon corpse. It was immense ranging to be a mile in length. The great beast that once stood as a mockery towards all life lay dead.

Figment: So much for Belial.

Bruiser: Yeah but we shouldn't stay here and celebrate. We might get reavers on our ass any time at this point.

Figment: True and we got what we need.

Hive: The, core, is, secure. The, crule, rulers, come.

Bruiser: Now I just wish we could fix Hives voice box. Hey boss, now that we have the core. What's the next step.

Spicule: Why we make a bomb out of it my friend.

Figment: Wait, shouldn't we make it into a power source to support everyone down here?

Spicule: I did think about that. The problem is when us poor people have unlimited power supplies then rich people tend to start wanting to take it. Besides you all want to make change for us all right? The core will only last for a year and then what . . . We're back to square one. And I'm sure everyone wants to see some proof that we are making change.

Hive: Hive, will, keep, core, safe, and, keep, it, ready.

Spicule: Atta boy. And you say that he needs a new voice box. I can understand him better then most. Just wish I bothered to bring a car or a motor bike or something.

Bruiser: If you would just use your Dayon form like the rest of us then we would be there by now. Or you can ride one of us as well.

Spicule: Now now. Powers a tool, not a toy. I got no reason to use it so I won't. It's way more fun to pulverize people bigger then you.

Figment: Can't say I understand your logic but then that's why you're in charge.

Spicule: Sigh . . . Everyone keeps going on about logic. You play by their rules and you end up failing. Oh well, you guys will get it one day.

End Notes:

For those of you getting impatient about who Spicule is, he's comming very soon. Either chapter 12 or 13 depending on how long I make chapter 12. And of course any feedback is nice and or Stars so it looks like this is doing well.

Chapter 12: Dividing Line by FleetingMoment
Author's Notes:

Factions

Tuwa Foundation: Non-Profit organization determined to repair the damage dealt by the Nuclear Holocaust. Other groups have been trying to shut it down for various reasons.

Omenyx Inc: The worlds most powerful independant corporation and where Ayous energy originated. It is believed that they are working on a new breakthrough that will benifit the world.

The Conclave: They are the group that united the cities and brought order to the ruined world. Capable of managing almost all activities within the Cities.

The Al Capone Syndicate: Considered to be the rulers of the city, second only to the Conclave. They are responcible for massive orphan trafficing and many other illegal activities.

Devil Scar: A group that showed up only a few years ago. But they are a force that has become increasingly threatening to the order that was established. Unlike the Syndicate, all of the members are proud to speak the name of their leader, Spicule.

                   In the morning, Soki had announced that Alice, Fredrick, Zoey and Daniel had been transfered to a new school and were expected to be there on time. No one really felt thrilled about being given such a short notice. Alice chose not to mention it because as a District Police Chief. Soki probably get next to no sleep, and gets up at 2:30am. Compared to that a single day of inconvinience for them would seem pathetic to someone like Soki.

They each went to their home rooms. Zoey made a lasting impression as the new girl. Some of the demos to her horror stories grabbed the attention of some. Fredrick wasn't as thrilled with his home room as it consisted mostly of guys. And to his eyes the few girls there wern't anything special. One of them did try to make a little teaser on him but showed no reaction. He wasn't sure if the girl reminded him of Bianca, or if he was starting to grow out of his usual habbits. Daniel seemed to maintain a closed off approach instead. It didn't take him long to blend in with the rest of his home room.

Alice on the other hand couldn't really blend in at all. Being a bit over six feet tall with an over the top figure. The outfits that Zoey got her could only conceal so much. The teacher did try to get the class started but Alice could tell that she would be hearing this after class. If it wasn't for her face, no one would really think she was 17. The girls were more of an issue then the guys. There were many mixed opinions from everyone but the irritating ones were those asking what her secret was. The lunch break started and Alice finally got a moment to herself.

Nova: I do not see much of a difference in this place as your previous educational institute.

Alice: Usually there isn't. But honestly I liked it better when I was smaller. People didn't bother me as much. I don't suppose you can reverse the growth can you?

Nova: To do such a thing means I would have to harmfully remove cells from your body. You may get the appearance you wish but at the cost of motor or cerebral functions.

Alice: How about at least prevent it further and put it into my Novus form instead?

Nova: Impossible. Any changes to one form will affect the other. I cannot simply scatter reconstruction into the air. The best I can do is keep it at it's mimimum output. Any more and I risk overloading your body. The only other option to stop your growth would be for us to be separated.

Alice: Then I guess it's all I got to work with for now.

Nova: Theoretically there is still time. But I do not like the idea.

Alice: So you don't want a body of your own. Or maybe you don't want to leave mine.

Nova: . . . I cannot say. Any time I try, there are other sub systems that shut down such thoughts. So if I have thought about something that concerns my own exsistance, it is immediatly intercepted.

Alice: So . . . it's not that you won't take on an identity, it's that you cant . . .? How could my parents design you with your own thoughts but not allow you to have free will?

Nova: It was originally the idea but due to an issue with my predecessor. My maker David Blane had protocals installed to prevent me from establishing my own parameters.

Alice: Your predecessor . . . so another A.B.M.E. before you. What happened?

Nova: My functions were still under development at the time. If I had any information then I would need Admin approval.

Alice: Blaine . . . I really don't know what to think about him. Daniel doesn't like him but he did save Linus's organization. I just might have to go to him if I can't find my father any time soon.

As Alice continued through the hallway she noticed some fliers for after school clubs. She personally could never find one she liked. As she came down the hall way she found Daniel in line for the music clup try outs.

Daniel: Surprised to see me here?

Alice: A bit yes. You're ok with this right?

Daniel: It's worth a shot anyway. Just wish my fingers would work better.

Alice: Your fingers? What's wrong with them?

Daniel: It's nothing serious, just ache's a little.

Alice: Hold on. I know a little something that will help.

She gently took his hand and demonstrated a simple massage. In short it was to relieve the stress from your hands and fingers.

Alice: They feel any better?

Daniel paused for a moment. It was hard to tell if he was testing his hands or if he was just being shy.

Daniel: I think they'll work better . . . Thank you.

Alice stuck around for his little performance. She really did enjoy the melody Daniel played last time. But he might know others as well.

Nova: There was something off about him . . .

Alice was careful when speaking to Nova so that others couldn't hear her reply.

Alice: Off? Not as in he's a Dayon off right?

Nova: Not in the slightest. Alot of his internal organs aren't functioning at a healthy capacity. Physical contact with him also revealed that his bones are brittle.

Alice: You mean . . . he's been moving this whole time on sheer willpower?

Nova: Possibly.

She thought to herself about all the times he was attacked. He never really fought back at all. Maybe he just couldn't. Another thought crossed her head. When they fell in the park. What would have happened if she fell on top of him. By the time she came back to earth, Daniels try out was finished. The teacher Mr. Parker was over joyed along with alot of others.

Parker: You know Daniel I honesntly think you should be our lead pianist.

Daniel: You don't really need to go that far. I'm fine with a side role.

Parker: Are you kidding?! That kind of skill only comes once in a blue moon. What's say everyone else?

Most of the others approved with the exception of one.

Anthony: But Mr. Parker. I got to that position fair and square. You can't just drop me just like that. And who is this little nobody anyway?

Parker: . . . Well Anthony it is a try out right now. Alright, my apologies everyone but were going to have to figure out who will be taking what part. I'll be right back and get this cleared up.

In a hurry he bolted out of the room. Alice remembered that voice and name. Anthony was a stuck up play ground bully from middle school. To think he hadn't changed at all since then. But probably the worst offender is the teacher who just took off. Daniel won and now he has to figure out something? It was just like it was in mid school. The teachers always elected certain kids to be their personal rock stars. That aggitated Alice more then Anthonies bickering.

Anthony: The hell does that pissant think he is. "I gotta figure this out" and all that crap. And who is this little nobody anyway?

Daniel: Doesn't matter to me anyway. You can have your lolly pop.

Anthony: The fuck did you just say?!

In seconds he had Daniel by the shirt.

Anthony: You'd better watch your mouth there.

Daniel: Got a mirror?

Anthony: What?!

Daniel: Can't exactly watch my own mouth without a mirror. Maybe my lower lip but that's about it.

His sarcasm finally connected to Anthony. Daniel had no intention of giving him any respect.

Anthony: Oh you think that's funny you little fuck?!

As he was getting his fist wound up, Alice rushed to intercept. If Nova was right then Daniel really can't handle too much abuse. She tried to avoid doing anything too extreme. Primarily she just broke Anthony's grip on Daniel.

Anthony: Who the hell . . . holy shit? I thought you were a teacher or something.

Anthony was about 5' 9" but he still looked short compared to Alice at this point.

Anthony: Well damn, so who are you. His big sister or something?

Alice: You really don't recognize me at all do you Anthony.

Anthony: Can't say that I d- . . . He wait a minute? Chubby Ally?!

Alice: I see you haven't grown up in the slightest.

Suddenly all the respect that Anthony accumulated from the music try outs was slipping. The other guys and girls started seeing nothing more then a six year old having a tantrum.

Anthony: Oh so you think you're all tough just because you shot up a few inches?

Alice: I will never understand why you think by being as violent as possible will win you any respect. To get respect for a rotten attitude you need a complicated past or a redeeming quality. You have neither.

His anger was about to peak as he reached for something in his pocket. But it was then that Mr Parker returned.

Parker: Alright, everyone I had a talk with the other teachers and the principle. It seems that both Daniel and Anthony will have to choose among themselves who will be the lead pianist-

Daniel: I decline.

Parker: I'm sorry but what do you mean by I decline?

Daniel: As in I don't really feel like taking part.

Parker: But wait. You were doing so well.

Daniel: Yes and you refused to make a choice. But instead passed it to everyone else. I don't need a teacher like you.

Parker: Look. You need to understand-

Daniel ignored the teacher with Alice right behind him. As they went down the hall way Alice stopped Daniel.

Alice: If you're fine with this then I'll support what you choose. But you really looked like you were enjoying everything until Anthony.

Daniel: I don't like playing for people like that. But thanks for your concern.

Alice: Wait. You mean everyone except Anthony and Parker?

Daniel: Once Anthony started to make a move. The rest of them did nothing. I'd rather play for those who actually have a care. You were the only one who took action.

Alice: I . . . well. I don't like seeing people attack you. And well I could see where Anthony was going the second Mr. Parker took off.

Daniel: I actually don't blame Mr. Parker. Did you by any chance get Anthony's last name?

Alice: To be honest I never liked the guy so I tried to know as little about him as possible. I guess you could say that he was one of my playground bullies back in middle school.

Daniel: Your reasons make sense but I wouldn't push him around too much. Because his last name is Al Capone.

Soki warned her that members of the Al Capone Syndicate were responcible for breaking into her house not too long ago. But she never thought that Anthony was an Al Capone himself.

Daniel: Anthony himself may not be a threat but Soki made it sound like the Al Capone's were hard core mafia.

________________________________________________________________________

School finally ended leaving everyone to storm out of the building. Alice and Daniel decided to return to Soki's straight away. For all they knew. Anthony could just ask a relative of theirs to well "retire them". On their way back they discovered a large croud by the park that they were at last night.

Anngy protesters were forming a blockade in front of the huge machinery ready to demolish it. They found Police Chief Soki along with the rest of his squad trying to keep the peace.

Protester: Get those things off of our park you dipshits!

Foreman: Don't make us pancake you hippies, we got a Job to do!

Both sides argued against one another. The foreman was attempting to get Chief Soki to clear them out but because they were using a passive agressive methode. Soki didn't have the athority to use force. Alice and Daniel came across Brian close to the boarder.

Alice: Did the whole neighborhood come in protest?

Brian: This is like 6 neighborhoods packed into one. Honestly it doesn't surprise me that everyone got pissed off about the renovations to this place.

Daniel: . . . I don't see anyone from the Tuwa Foundation.

Brian: That's because the Tuwa Foundation doesn't have the political power to stop this. If they started comming now then they could be in serious trouble. And Soki's already on edge because Zoey went missing.

Alice: What?! But I just saw her earlier this morning.

As time passed a limo came onto the site. And outstepped the owner of the construction company. He approached Soki in too calm of a demenor.

Thomas: Good afternoon Mr. Police Chief I am Thomas. Now that the pleasantries are out of the way. Why do I have a bunch of stupid little natz getting in the way of my buisness?

Soki: They are people who live in the surrounding area and they simply-

Thomas: I don't give a horse shit about what they want. I want to know what you are going to do about getting rid of them.

Soki: I'm a police officer. It's not like I can just open fire or launch tear gas on civillians.

Thomas: Well these civillians aren't exactly being very cival right now. So you Mr. Police Officer should be maintaining order the way we tell you.

The two continued to argue while tensions were getting higher for the protesters and the workers. It was then Daniel Noticed a few people behind the construction machines. He couldn't properly make them out but he could tell that they were tampering with the A Cells used to power them.

Alice: Brian . . . Who's that guy arguing with Soki?

Brian: I heard that his name was Tomas Al or something like that.

Alice: Tomas Al . . . Al'Capone?!

Brian: What?

Alice: That man is an Al'Capone . . .

Soki continued to argue with Thomas.

Thomas: Ok then this is the deal. I got 50 grand on me to make these little flys . . . well, go away. And I can certainly cover up any loose ends.

Soki: What kind of twisted officer do you take me for?

Thomas: A pretty moronic one that's for sure.

Brian: Chief . . . That guy's an Al'Capone!

Thomas: Yeah so what of it kid? Now unless you want to see your little princess again I suggest you start making something work here.

Soki: !!!

Soki pulled out his weapon.

Soki: If you harm her then I will bring down my entire department on you.

Thomas: Oh see that's the thing. They are going to find her crushed in one of our machines. Particularly the one with the drill and will, juice her up real good. A little on the job accident is what the media will say.

Soki moved his blade close to Thomas's neck.

Soki: Her life is now linked to yours.

Thomas: I wouldn't do that if I was you. Because not only can I turn it on remotly, I also am an Al Capone. This is our city and when we want something to happen. It happens.

He switched on one of the construction machines.

Thomas: None of my concern what happens to her in the end. One of my favorite employees almost lost his eye trying to nab that piece of work there. You probably should get her under control if she lives. So make up your mind right now.

In that very same second there were smoke bombs lobbed into the croud and where the construction vehicles were parked. Both Soki and Thomas seemed surprised. Nether one of them ordered for such things. Alice, Brian and Daniel became scattered in the croud. Alice and Soki were trying to make it to Zoey in time. Brian attempted to keep track of Thomas.

To make things more difficult there were more then just smoke bombs going off. The floor began to crumble creating an opening. There were some people hanging for their lives. Soki was closest to Zoey and had enough time to reach Zoey. Brian lost track of Thomas Al Capone only to find more people about to fall. As he was helping up the few he could he noticed Daniel making his way to the E Cells. More bombs went off as another hole opened up with Daniel in close proximity. Brian managed to catch him before he fell.

Brian: What are you doing Daniel?!

Daniel: Those E Cells are close to detonation. Someone tampered with their stasis containment.

Brian: Stasis? . . . You mean they actually need a stasis cell to keep them in check?

Daniel: Yes and they are about to break free.!

But there was no longer any time to get there from their position. Soki was able to pry Zoey from the drill bit to the vehicle. But they were also too close to the E Cells.

Brian: Everyone get away from that Drilling machine!

As Soki and Zoey were fleeing the drill. The A Cells went critical and exploded. They were both caught in the Ayous's blast. It shook the floor wide open. Soki was thrown farther then Zoey crashing into debris. Zoey was barely holding on to the edge of the hole as it crumbled off. Brian and Daniel could not outrun the crumbling floor and they began to fall. Alice too began to fall trowing the child up to safety.

As they fell, Alice switched to her Novus form and reached out for who ever was closest to her. But the only people she was able to catch were Zoey, Daniel and Brian. The rest were too far for her to get or were killed by the falling debris before they hit the ground. They continued to fall into the lower level of the city. Alice used an old ruined sky scrapper to slow the fall and land with everyone else safe. Once she was sure the area was stable from the falling debris she reverted back to her normal state.

Brian: *Cough* . . . God the altitude and the dust down here give me a head ache.

Alice: Everyones ok right?

Daniel: You should check Zoey before anyone else.

She was breathing. Her body looked like it was steaming.

Zoey: *Cough,Cough* . . . Yeah I'm alive.

They all got their heads together after about thirty minutes and Observed the hole in the floor above the ruined city.

Zoey: Wouldn't mind the treck back to the top if it wasn't a vertical problem.

Brian: Best thing we can do is look for one of the elevators. But no one trust anyone down here that you don't know.

Alice: How bad is it down here.

Brian: This is basically the no camera zone. The Al'Capones make a good 40% of their fortune down here. And then there's Dayon to worry about. Oh and of course unless I can convince the Conclave soldiers down here that we are from the mid level then we got to worry about them as well.

Daniel: Then we move quietly.

Zoey: At least we can see the elevator shafts from here.

They began their long treck. They did their best to keep a low profile. Many of the buildings were run down and crumbled. The ones that wern't were owned by a corporation or the Conclave or worst of all the Al'Capone's. The people dow below were disfigured and treated like garbage.

Nova: Many class E Dayon detected. But I would notconsider them a threat as of yet.

Alice: So class E aren't even within your threat levels then.

Nova: They cannot transform so what you see of them is for the most part what to expect.

Brian: God damn those Al'Capones are completly messed up. I mean seriously, how do they have the time to kidnap people and then bomb the floor AND make an E Cell go critical?!

Zoey: What can I say. My dad knows how to make enemies out of people. He told me that lately they started slipping up and he's been hammering them since then. They probably had this planned for awhile.

Alice: Recently?

Zoey: In the last week my dad found several of their illegal operations.

Daniel: How did he pull that off? I thought the Al'Capones had good lawyers?

Zoey: Yeah but the thugs that worked their were murdered and Soki had authorization to do a sweep of the area because of a man slaughter case. They were able to make bail and protect the top guys sure. But these murders kept happening and they probably wanted my dad out of the way. He absolutly refuses to be bought by anyone.

________________________________________________________________________

They spent about two hours walking toawrds the shafts. As they got closer they noticed there were fewer Class E Dayon. But Nova began to detect several class C in the area. But then Nova detected something apart from the class C's

Nova: I detect two life forms comming this way.

Alice: Hold it guys. Nova's got something.

Daniel: Are they comming at us?

Nova: One of them is human sized but I cannot identify what and the other is a Class D.

Alice: So one man and one Class D.

Brian: Wait what does the Class D look like.

Zoey: Shhh there it is.

They noticed someone wrapped in brown rags running from the class D. Brian's eyes widened when he saw who it was.

Brian: Hive . . .!

???: Stay away from me! I've done nothing to you!

Hive: The, bad, person, . . .

He immediatly paused when he saw Brian and began to distance himself when he saw Alice.

Hive: Spicule. You, must, come, to, see, Spicule. He, can, help, you.

Hive then took off leaving a web trail. They then turned their attention to the paniced man on the ground. Covered in rags they couldn't even see his face. They tried to calm him down.

???: Th-thank you . . .

Brian: Jesus man relax. The spiders gone for now.

???: he-he always c-comes back . . . took everyone else away.

Daniel: Why?

???: I-I don't know. They k-keep rounding up people.

Brian: Just get you nerves calmed down. Trust me you got a good body guard here now.

???: But I-I have no money.

Alice: It's free of charge. Maybe you can also tell us what's going on down here. For example who you are. I'm Alice, and that's Brian. His name's Daniel and her names Zoey.

???: Zoey?! I know that name . . . heard st-stories about you.

Zoey: What?! how do you know me?

???: Are y-you by any chance Soki's d-daughter?

Zoey: Wait who are you first of all and how would you even know that?

Jamaal: My name is Jamaal Zaxz.

Zoey: My dads old war buddy?! But he said that you were all dead.

Jamaal: I suppose legally I am.

________________________________________________________________________

After he calmed down a bit Jamaal got a chance to tell his story.

Jamaal: It was my fault that your father lost his place in the military.

Brian: What did you try to axe him and move up in the world?

Jamaal: No. Soki was the closest thing to a father I ever had. It was the other two who I tried to get rid of.

Daniel: So they tried to back stab him and you got in the way.

Jamaal: Yes . . . Bernard and Rico were both horrible people in different ways. Soki was the only one of us I could think of as human.

Alice: What about you?

Jamaal: I'd rather not talk about that but I don't think of myself as human.

Zoey: You know I think I should be thanking you rather then hate you.

Jamaal: Why? . . . I-I ruined your fathers career.

Zoey: Exactly. He was able to come home again . . . I only wish you did it a few days earlier. Then my mom might have made it. I'll tell you another day.

Daniel: I think we should focus on the here and now. Do you know anything about Devil Scar or the Al Capones down here?

Jamaal: . . . Others are terrified of the Al Capone Syndicate

Daniel: And Devil Scar?

Jamaal: They used to be part of the Al Capones. They were called the Pit of Freaks before. The Al Capones are run by the oldest family member. Gina Al Capone but they usually just call her Gran Gran. Every once in awhile she would have many people who were any class above D beaten and whipped into submission. And she indulged in every minute of it. The money, the tourture. Everyone was pretty much at her mercy.

Alice: But you're speaking in past tense.

Jamaal: Yeah . . . all that changed when Spicule showed up. It didn't take long for him to liberate all the captive Dayon.

Brian: And Gina who was suppost to be all powerful could do nothing to stop him?

Jamaal: She had the power but that was her biggest down fall. She got too comfortable with one sided battles. Too complaicant . . .

Alice: Where'd he come from?

Jamaal: Not sure . . . The guy just showed up one day and then things started changing. Now there's a large turf war going on down here. And the way that Devil Scar keeps recruting Dayon. They probably will have enough man power to take on a country. It's best that you all get back to the top.

Zoey: That will be difficult since we don't exactly have a key to the shafts.

Jamaal: No but Devil Scar knows a way.

Alice: . . . I did see several of their B classes top side.

Brian: They probably are waiting for us though.

Jamaal: If they wanted you all dead then they would have sent an army here. If you can bargan with Spicule. Then you might be able to get back to the mid level.

Alice: Then I guess we got no choice.

Daniel: . . .

Jamaal: I'll take you there . . .

Zoey: That spider left us a trail though. You don't have to.

Jamaal: I owe this to your father. And I'm not sure if Hive has given you the right trail.

________________________________________________________________________

They followed Jamaal through the ruined city and into what would look like a junk pile. As they progressed the webs split into different directions. Fortunatly Jamaal knew which were the fake trails. After another hour or so they came to an open space with a ring of scrap metal around it.

Nova: I am detecting multiple classes of Dayon around us.

Alice: How many?

Nova: Somethings interfearing with my scanners. I can't get an accurate count. I estimate over 70.

Alice: Please tell me they are Class E. I had a hard time dealing with three Class C and a Class B at once.

Jamaal: Not sure who you're talking to but they probably are here to see Spicule as well.

They stopped when they saw a very small boy in the center. He was wearing a childs winter get up. He was increadably pale and his eyes were almost pitch black save for a grey light. Brian put two and two together first. It was Hive in his human form.

Hive: Hive, did, good, today. Spicule, will, be, pleased.

Brian: Yeah Hive . . . We walked into your trap. So if you're going to show us to Spicule then lead the way.

Hive: There, is, no, need.

Zoey: What do you mean there is no need.

Daniel was the first to understand Hive's words. He tried to move as fast as he could pulling out a box cutter. He took a swing at Jamaal. But before he even noticed, Jamaal had already broken the extra blades off at the thin cutted area.

Jamaal: Good attempt but I would have used a better knife.

Jamaal grabbed Daniels arm and tripped him to the ground. Brian reacted pulling out his pistol. But using the same broken off parts to the box cutter he tossed it just above brians eye brow. The cut was deep enough to cause blood to spill over Brians eyes. He then rushed over and kicked Brian directly in the funny bone. At the same time balancing on just one leg, he grabbed Zoey and tossed her into the air. Another Dayon leaped and caught her while to more dragged Daniel and Brian to the side.

Jamaal: Tada . . . . Now it's just you and me girl. Your move.

He tossed off his rags. He was wearing a sleavless dark green shirt and military cargo pants and boots. He was mostly South African but he might have had some other races mixed in as well. Pitch black natural dreads and standing about 5' 7" feet tall. Partially Muscular but he favored to be more agile then muscular. She could not see any Dayon deformities except for his golden reptilian eyes.

Nova: I . . . I didn't even detect any movements from him.

Alice: So it was all an act . . .

Jamaal: oh I didn't tell any lies to you girl. I just didn't want your friends to get caught in your way. Hive always told me that Mr. Riggs over there was a good shot. Little girl Zoey might have inherrited some of her old mans tendancies. And I mean common. That other guy you brought down here . . . HE TRIED TO KILL ME. I'm the victim here.

Alice was already on her guard but this was different from Bianca, Hive or Cryophyte. She was preparing for an attack.

Nova: Alice Wait! I can't get a reading on him. I'm not sure why but there's something jamming my scan.

Jamaal: Ok so there was one thing I didn't tell you. I haven't used the name Jamaal in years.

Alice: So then . . .

Spicule: That's right baby! I'm Spicule

He celebrated his name with a wide grin and an instense gaze. Alice now stood face to face with the leader of Devil Scar.

End Notes:

I might come back and redo this chapter if I start finding somethings too complicated but I hope you all enjoyed my introduction of Spicule. I've been trying to get to him for awhile now.

Chapter 13: Spicule by FleetingMoment
Author's Notes:

Time for the first real battle with one of my main antagonists. I might come back to improve this chapter later as I kind of ended it a bit early.

                    There, Alice stood, surrounded by hundreds of Dayon. Her friends were held hostage and standing before her was their leader, Spicule. The others cheered him on, anxious for his next action.

Spicule: So, what do you think of our little home down here girl . . . Rusted, ruined and otherwise a garbage bin . . . But hey, it has a nice little uncontrolled charm on Earth.

Alice: Don't you dare-

Spicule: If your next line was "don't you dare hurt my friends or I'll bend your head up your ass and roll you through rush hour" . . . Then I would have to say you're a creativly angry girl there . . . If I wanted to kill them then they would be dead already . . . I'm more interested in YOU right now.

He began to slowly circle around her.

Alice: . . . I'm not apologising for the loss of your subbordinates.

Spicule: I'm not the one you should be apologising to . . . But we'll get to that later. So lets see here you took three of my commrads lives and ohh . . . what a coincidence . . . You have three friends down here.

Alice could see where he was going with this. Nova was extremly cautious about attacking him. But she was under the impression that Spicule was trying to aggitate her.

Spicule: Now taking them all out would even the score and you could be on your way . . . But Hive wanted Mr. Riggs there alive and I need Zoey breathing as well . . . So should we consider extremly late term abortion on that other guy-

Alice couldn't restrain herself any further. She didn't go full Novus, but didn't want to risk taking him on in her normal form either. Her jabs were swift but Spicule was prepared for them. His reflexes were amazing. By the end, he caught her hand and flipped her into the air. Alice was successful in landing but by the time she regained her surroundings, Spicule was already in her face.

Spicule: Common girl! . . . I wanna see it.

Alice tried to strike back again but as he bent back. He kicked some of the bent metal along the ground causing it to flick back toward her. At first she was able to break it but right after the bent metal was broken. Spicule was already in a good position and kicked her in the temple.

Alice: . . . Damnit . . .

Spicule: You know, that might have killed you if you were still human.

Alice: Isn't there anything you can get off of him Nova?

Nova: His moement patterns are irregular. And despite his open personality, I cannot get a proper understanding of his character. Damages are still minor. Even in a partially Novus state I can still make safe restoration without causing any problems for you.

As she was talking to Nova, Spicule pulled out a high quality bowie knife. She just barely dodged having her neck sliced open.

Spicule: Not bad . . . Even when you're talking to yourself you got a good awareness for what's happening around you . . . Or is there someone in that pretty head of yours.

While he was chuckling, Alice made another attack towards him. But in the process he guided her jab into a steel pipe sticking out of the rubble and getting her stuck in the process. He hand-standed himself along her trapped arm. He was still smiling and he then began unleashing kick after kick. Alice kept blocking each kick but she was stuck in a stalemate. In a few small breathers she could get she tried to strike his hands. But any time she tried that, Spicule would either toss himself up for a bit or he would perform a spin.

Spicule: Don't bore the audience girl. Otherwise they'll go home.

He pulled out his knife again. It was proof that he was one of Soki's former team mates. It had the same diamond edging to it. Although it didn't have the same pressurized launching mechanism that Soki's katana had. Instead the tip could be launched off with replaceable shots to it. As he was about to swing, Alice tried something different. In an attempt to free herself and counter Spicule. She lunged her legs towards him. On reflex Spicule matched his feet to hers kicking off into the air. The force allowed her to break off of the pipe. Still he chucled and began to spin his knife around.

Spicule: Nice to see you not going all the way on me. And here I thought that everyone who could turn into a monster would never waste an opportunity.

Alice: You know why were here in the first place.

Spicule: Yes I do. Only problem is that you don't get that kind of stuff for free. And right now . . . well lets face it. I got three hostages and a whole lot of people that don't really like you right now.

She could hear the other Dayon around her pull out various fire arms. The clicking noises were proof that they could start an invasion. She could hear Zoey warn her from the distance.

Nova: Alice, unless you use the complete Novus form, you won't be able to protect yourself from those kind of ballistics.

Spicule: Ladies and Gentlemen . . . It's Duck Season!

The others began to open fire at Alice. The bullets wern't piercing through her body but they were leaving small wounds. Trying to cover herself, the Novon armor began to spread across her body instinctivly. Little by little she was forced to change into her full Novus form. At this point she stood at 17' 6" feet tall. Spicule gave a hand signal to cease fire. His eyes widened along with his smile. He then pulled out another weapon. He fired at her with an FN-P90 laughing along with it. They still bounced off her armor but she was convinced that this was a taunt more than anything. He then aimed his weapon towards his hostages but made it hard to tell who he was aiming for.

Spicule: C'mon, Come at me!

Alice retaliated with an energy shot. Again he ducked to avoid it. Taking a page from his book, she rushed towards him and tried to sweep a kick in. He back flipped to avoid it but noticed that she was begining to unleash her teal colored shockwave. Spicule reacted fast and grabbed the widest hardedest piece of scrap he could reach in that time. It resisted most of the damage but Spicule was thrown back. Before he could regain his footing Alice pinned him to the ground with one hand. Her hand was almost the size of his whole torso.

She could hear the other Dayon stop cheering Spicule on. If she won would they become enraged, would they run in fear? There was even a small thought that led her to believe that Devil Scar leadership was like Roman Emperors. Kill the ruler and take his place. But she didn't think to hard on it after a brief moment when she noticed that he was not intimmidated in the slightest. His smile had not vanished, in fact he was just all the more excited.

Spicule: Congrads girl . . . you won. Don't you just feel great?

Alice: What . . . just like that?

But none of the other Dayon seemed surprised in the least at all. They wern't worried or scared. Zoey and Brian became more concerned.

Zoey: Shouldn't they all be more worried for their leader?

Brian: For all I know they don't even care.

Bruiser: Kids . . . you might wanna keep some distance.

Spicule: Attention everybody. It's Peral Harbor time Muahahahahahaha!

The other Dayon paniced hearing those words and moved farther away. Brian, Zoey and Daniel were scooped up in a hurry being moved to a safer place.

Zoey: Hey get off of me.

Figment: Kid shut up, he hasn't done this in years.

Brian: . . . Done what?

Figment: Take a guess.

Spicule: Alright girl, ready for round two!

In seconds Nova could detect the comming of a Dayon. In an emergancy Nova barrowed control over Alice and distanced them from Spicule.

Alice: What gives Nova?

Nova: Dangerous specs are emerging from that Dayon.

As they saw the dust clear they beheld Spicules Dayon form. The skin parts were pitch black and covered in a white plate like carapace. He stood as a bipedal beast. His head was smoothed out with a long round carapaced plate. He seemed almost reptillian but he was reasonably close to a human shape. Plates continued down his spine leading up to a spear tipped tail. His jaws could still maintain his sinister grin. But the oddest part was that he was exactly the same height as she was.

Nova: What . . . this doesn't make any sense . . . His Dayon form is too . . . small.

This time Spicule made the first move. She couyld hardly keep up with him as he rushed her. Each attack was followed by another. Spicule alternated from standing on his feet to his hands, attacking with all four limbs.

Alice: Can you hurry with the scan Nova? He's not exactly the easiest guy to hold off here.

Nova: I-I can't get a p-proper sc-sc-scann-scan-annn.

Now there was something wrong. Nova was litterally beginning to struggle to even speak. And she began to notice something wrong her vision. It was a little bit static-like. Spicule then punched the ground creating an orange & lime-green colored fire.

Alice: So you can use fire I take it?

Spicule: Good guess, but no.

Alice dodged the next attack and tried to come from behind. As she was bringing out the energy blades, she was caught by his tail. And then he leaped and repeatedly rolled her into the ground before casting her a hundred feet away.

Spicule: Don't forget girl . . . I got five limbs, not four.

As she got back to her feet, Alice noticed a cut on her arm. It must have been from the tail tip.

Alice: Nova, did he even attack me with his tail tip?

Nova: It-it-it's d-d-densssity does-does not match kn-kn-own mater-er-eriallll. Des-destruction, cat-cat-catastro-rophic.

Alice: Are you ok?

Nova: Un-unable-able tttttto g-get thr-throught the the inter-interference.

She noticed Spicule was high in the air comming down at her with his fist ready to strike.

Spicule: Hey girl, ever wonder how the Japaneese felt during WW2?

Alice distanced herself from where Spicule was about to strike. But when he hit the ground there was a massive explosion. It was about a five hundread foot radius of destruction. She could feel the heat and the shock from his attack, desperatly trying to survive it. As it subsided she saw some area's were ignited and there looked like there were lit ashes dancing in the air.

Alice: Nova . . . this heat is getting worse. And I can hardly see much with this static.

Nova: Specs do-do-do not mmmmatch his size-size. This-this is a Class S Dayon. Un-un-unable to ggegeget through the El-electro magnetic pppppu-pulse. High radioactivity de-de-deteccccted. Can-cannot function.

Alice: He can create an EMP . . . Wait no . . . it's the after effects of his attacks. This isn fire . . . It's Fallout!

Her eye sight was getting worse as the static blurred her vision. And Spicule was hardly getting started yet.

Spicule: Got it figured out did ya.

Alice: Everyone backed off because-

He held both his hands wide open standing pround of what he was.

Spicule: Yeah, Nuclear Dragon Baby!

He then struck her with another attack. Each attack he performed unleashed more fallout, interfearing with her vision and Nova's calculations. Alice was losing her ability to fight back. She made one last desperation attack by taking one of his blows. Just as she was about to strike the energy through his skull. He shrunk back to his human form.

Alice: What?!

Spicule: Surprise!

Just his arms turned back into his Dragon claws striking her in the head. Alice was almost unable to stand at this point. As she began to fall to her knees, Spicule kicked her against a building wall.

Spicule: You did good girl. And I don't want to see you bowing down. That would ruin the fun of it. Well have plenty more to do.

He ended the fight by knocking her out. She returned to her normal form. Carrying her with his tail and returned to his fellow Dayon.

Spicule: So yeah, no one step over there for awhile. I'd say give it five hours and it will be ok.

Bruiser: I can't believe you actually went Nuclear on her boss.

Figment: Now why you didn't do that against Belial, I will never know.

Spicule: For the love of . . . I told you already, you use tools when you need them. Seriously logic is for smug people. Now lets get these kids all patched up.

Hive: There, are, some, that, call, for, her, blood.

Spicule: Oh is that right. Well if they think they can take me on then they are free t do so.

As they marched to their base of operations, Spicule glanced at Alice. He chuckled.

Spicule: You know girl . . . I got a feeling that you're going to bring the biggest changes to this world.

End Notes:

Again hoping for any feedback to the story. Please note that there is a reason I had this chapter end the way it did. If you have any questions then feel free to ask.

Chapter 14: Down to Earth by FleetingMoment
Author's Notes:

Finally back after awhile. I do apologies for my delay. The Christmas Rush was heavy this year. Please note that this chapter is incomplete and I plan on continuing it within the next few days. Normally I don't do this and just save the part of the work to a private file but I cannot do that at this time and I ain't throwing away the work itself.

 

In a makeshift clinic. Brian came to with a fuzzy head along with Zoey and Daniel. He rubbed his head where a bandage covered.

Brian: Man that guy got me good . . . Anyone still alive?

Zoey: Sure I guess. He hit you two alot harder.

Brian: You mean he didn't even hit you at all.

Zoey: Yeah, yeah I know. They want me alive for something. Still . . . I didn't think that Spicule would be Jamaal Zaxz.

Brian: How much do you know about him?

Zoey: I never met him in person until now. But he was serving under my dad during his military days. Other then that, I don't know.

Brian: Great . . . Ex-Military. Aren't most guys suppost to be ripped and huge?

Zoey: What movie gave you that idea? My dad is pretty skinny.

Brian: . . . Point taken.

Zoey: Well you're sort of a cop now so you should be able to access the criminal database.

Brian: Yeah the sort of part is a bit of a hurdle since I'm basically still on probaton. But you got me a face and a name now so we can at least run it by the chief.

Daniel: If we get out of here you mean.

Brian: . . .

Zoey: Wait . . . someones comming.

They could hear footsteps approaching the door. Two men entered the room. They recognized the first one immediatly being Spicule himself. Behind him was what appeared to be a Class E Dayon. He was hunched over with a wide back and had a second set of arms. He was wearing a crude lab coat while carrying what looked like some prosthetics.

Spicule: Hey Kids! It's time for school. Lets open the window and let some sun in.

For a moment there was an awkward pause.

Spicule: Oh right, I keep forgetting there's a over built fat city clogging up the air way. Oh well I tried.

Brian: What's wrong with you? Seriously, are you trying to make a point or are you just assing around?

Spicule: You know most Dayon would have eaten you by now. And I mean common I had you patched up and was even going to offer the shy kid over there some free medi-care from my friend here.

Daniel: Why are you offering prosthetics for someone like me?

Spicule: Who knows. A doctor told me that you weren't doing so good. But then again you got to be careful about who's a doctor and who's a quack.

Zoey: You're the one who put us in this situation in the first place!

Spicule: The kid was in bad shape long before I did anything. Pretty sure whatever doctor he was seeing prior was a quack. Faulty crutches, over priced meds, unnecessary hysderectomy and so on and so forth. Friggen quacks these days.

Brian: You going anywhere with this?

Spicule: Well Mr. Cop boy it's simple. I'm offering the shy boy over there some prosthetics to deal with his physical condition. I have a trusted doctor who can do the surgery quite well and for free who by the way is not a quack in the slightest.

Zoey: And who is that?

He then presented the man next to him.

Spicule: Oh this is Doctor Quack P.H.D

Quark: It's Quark, not Quack. Roman Quark. And Spicule is talking about the young mans arthritis.

Zoey: What?! You have arthritis?!

Daniel: I'll live.

Brian: That isn't exactly something you should be having there buddy.

Quark: Honestly I'm surprised that you're even walking.

Daniel: . . .

Zoey: Why didn't you say something?

Daniel didn't seem interested in speaking. The more they asked him the more closed off he started getting.

Spicule: So how about it kid? Quack over-

Quark: Quark . . .

Spicule: Tomato Tamato. Anyway Quack can hook you up with some of these prosthetics. A little surgery and BAM . . . You're walking like new.

Daniel: I decline.

Spicule took one of the prosthetics and approached Daniel.

Spicule: Kid, you really got to let people finish before you speak. Granted I interupt people all the time so that makes me a bad role model. But anyway back on topic. You sure you wanna pass on this offer? I mean these are premium. Hell most aristocrat hospitals don't get them this good. Omenyx really knows their products. Say Doctor can you kindly go check on the patient you got these from?

Zoey: Wait . . . Omenyx Prosthetics.

Zoey had an extremly worried look on her face.

Zoey: Where . . . did you get them from?

Spicule: Oh not to worry. She won't be needing them at all anymore. Hell they were probably getting in the Girls way at this point. Although you may want to give her a small hand for a bit-

Before he could finish his sentance. Zoey grabbed whatever object she could get and made an attempt on Spicules life. He ducked the attack and cuffed her to the bed.

Spicule: See doc, this is why I you don't let your subbordinates handle these kind of kids. Someone gets smug and then they die for nothing.

Brian and Daniel had the intention to retaliate. But they could read the situation. Make a wrong move and they will end up losing. Zoey was still struggling with the cuffs.

Zoey: You ripped them from Alice didn't you!!! Do you have any idea what you have done?!

Spicule: Like I said before. She's better off without em now. Ain't that right doc.

Quark: Well umm . . .

He turned to the doctor.

Spicule: Ok don't mae me look like an ass here. Yes or no?

Quark: I am certain as long as she has any similarities to Dayon Recovery. I'm confident that she will recover in a little time.

Zoey: Confident?! You mean you don't know for certain?!

Brian: Zoey you can stop. If the doc can't guaranty it then I can. I've seen her come back from a bullet wound before.

Daniel: . . . (The bullet wound you gave her)

Zoey: Alice . . . needed those to walk. She doesn't need to go through rehab all over again.

Quark: I can identify her condition from a biologist perspective and her body as it is has no need for these prosthetics. She may be shaky for a bit but I don't even expect her to take a whole day.

Spicule: Well there you go. Now then if sky guy over there has no need for them then  I think I'll just take them. Never know if anyone else down here will need the things.

Brian: Hey they still belong to her asshole.

Spicule: So she paid for them herself? A gift from mommy and daddy? Was some quack of a doctor trying some little experimental proceedure? Ok Mr Policeman I'll let her choose what to do with prosthetics that she doesn't even need anymore.

Daniel: What do you want from us?

Spicule: I'll get to that later. Honestly those prosthetics are more useful to you then anyone else in this room. But hey if you don't want em then I won't make you.

Zoey: So we're just your prisoners for the time being then.

Quark: I consider you patients right now. So aside from the young man, the rest of you should recover normally.

When it was clear that Zoey had calmed down a bit then Spicule removed the cuffs.

Spicule: Gotta hand it to you Zoey. You got your dads instint in you. But you got to be careful because it can be murder.

Zoey: . . . You said you helped him by removing the other two. Was it really for his benifit?

Spicule: I'd say he's doing alot better then he was than the rest of us. First to die was Bernard of course. Gotta keep it in order. Did he ever tell you about the riders of the apocalypse? Or how about which rider he was.?

Zoey: He never said anything about who was who in your squad. If the other two are dead . . . Pestilence and War . . . And you said you were going in order. So he what Famine?

Spicule: No. I'm Famine. We called him Death. I'll tell you why some day if I'm still alive.

Him and Quark left the trio to think for themselves. Leaving the two of them to discuss their next move.

Spicule: It amazing how interesting kids can get these days. So how are their compadabilities to an Ayous anyway doc?

Quark: I got to be honest. They look a little strange to me. The quiet one's frail body won't hold up for long if we tried to make him a Dayon, and if he turns Reaver instead then it won't hold onto such a host anyway. The bigger guy has a natural resistance to Ayous all together. It seems to be an adaptation and using his blood, I might be able to make a vaccine against Reavers. But honestly the girls the only one there who has the best odds for becoming a Dayon.

Spicule: Not a bad catch at all this time around. 3 out of 4 were treasures . Shame the last guy doesn't qualify but I think I can use him if I ever need to black mail anyone.

Quark: I have to say. You're tourture methodes are really confusing. Nore did I see the goal for it.

Spicule: Teenagers don't show their true colors in the open. You're a physitian not a psychiatrist.  I just needed to see how they react when you take them out of their comfort zone.

Quark: So the point was to do a psychological test on them? Seems like a really crude methode.

Spicule: You don't need a degree for everything doc. I offered free prosthetics to a guy who is in constant pain all the time and yet he turns down the option to releave himself of it. What do you make of that?

Quark: Well he doesn't trust us and who can blame him.

Spicule: Distrust which means he's been beaten around and backstabbed before. And he didn't seem to like the idea of being cut open. He was scared of the word surgery more then anything which tells me that he's been under the knife before.

Quark: I see.

Spicule: As for the big guy. Well I know his back story so it's easy to push his buttons. So that just leaves Soki's daughter. Gets really pissed when someone starts hurting her friend. Looks like a guilt complex to me. Speaking of her friend . . . What did you find?

Quark: Honestly I was surprised that there were prosthetics. Based on the appearance of her transformed state I was assuming she was a cyborg. But it's far deeper then that.

Spicule: So we ain't talking human with really good robot parts.

Quark: She has the funtions of biological and digital capabilities. But with the equipment I have. I cannot see where either distinguishes itself from the other. Even the cells act both mechanical and organic with no way to split the two. I need a stronger microscope in order to truly see how deep it can go.

Spicule: In other words it's out of your expertise.

Quark: How can anyone imagine such a thing?

Spicule: The thing about imagination doc. "How" comes AFTER the idea. Hell it doesn't even require a how or why.

________________________________________________________________________

Bianca: Wake up Alice . . . Big girls shouldn't sleep the day away. You never know when you'll miss the field trip.

When Bianca was the first person that Alice noticed she quickly distanced herself. Bianca did not get any closer to her. Alice remembered the last time she was face to face with a ghost. Out of suspicion she examined her body. And just like before she had changed. Alice had grown to be 6' 5" feet tall. Her thighs were begining to get thick. Her hips and chest had widened a little more to balance out her now F cup sized mammaries. Turning her attention back to Bianca, starring at her with judgmental eyes.

Bianca: Now now. Don't blame me for that one. You're little computer did warn you not to get yourself hurt too badly. Honestly you really should appreciate what it's doing for you more. I personally would deliberatly jump on spikes just to get little Nova there to add more. Of course it's not like you need to get stabbed all the time. A little wish and that wonderful little thing can build you up even more. If I had such a thing inside me.

Alice: Forget it. I won't be giving you Nova. Not that I can anyway.

Bianca: So greedy . . . You know it doesn't end here right. I mean the way you keep putting yourself in danger. And you don't even know what the little thing can do . . . I think you're starting to like growing. . . . Feel youself getting bigger and bigger. Maybe even to the point of knocking down sky scrapers.

Alice: I never said I wanted this.

Bianca: Maybe not before. But now it's different. Don't you feel like you have just been releaved of a crutch that once prevented you from doing these things?

Alice certainly felt something different from before. She felt her legs and arms and did not find the unnatural hardness that used to be in her limbs.

Bianca: I'd be very careful while you're down here on earth.

Alice: You mean Spicule? Kind of late at this point.

Bianca: He's a problem but there's something more frightening below the ground so you should stay as high as possible. Not everyone who dissapears off the streets ends up as Dayon.

Alice: It might make more sense if you tell me what you're concerned about instead of giving cryptic messages.

Bianca: I'll be fair to you. I don't know what's down there. I see a potential future. Beneath the ground something horrible can happen to you. Of course if you never go down there then that future will not happen.

Alice: Seriously who are you?

Quark: I'm Dr. Roman Quark. I have been treating you since Spicule brought you here.

She paused for a moment. Alice only looked away for a second and Bianca was already gone. Trying to avoid suspicion, she pretended like she was talking to the other guy in the room. But she couldn't get over the feeling that Bianca was still watching her.

Quark: So tell me . . . How are you feeling.

Alice: . . . I'd say the usual. What exactly did you do anyway?

Quark: Well you were hit with Spicule's attacks. I had to do a scan of your body to check for radiation poisoning. And of course I had to remove your old prosthetics. They were begining to become a burden on you.

Alice: So you just went and did surgery on me while I was out. You know I probably would be hurting you right now if I didn't think you were holding my friends hostage.

Quark: There are no rules down her. Spicule himself teaches all to do whatever you feel like. He also stated that you're free to wander about as long as you stay within the camp.

Alice: Then I guess that's all you got to say to me then? Did you ever think I had those for a reason?

Quark: I honestly couldn't tell that you ever needed them in the first place. And you certainly don't need them anymore. Did you want me to put them back?

Alice: I guess I don't.

Quark: Then we'll make due. There are some down here that don't like you and for good reason. You're friends are outside. You can find them on your own as long as you don't go too far off or they will meet you at the same spot. He's given you three hours before he's expecting you.

Alice: Fine . . .

Quark: Well then I will be on my way.

He left her to gather her thoughts.

Alice: Nova . . . Are you still functional?

Nova: . . .

Alice: Nova?

Nova: My systems will re-recover.

Alice: You still got that studder . . . Or I guess it's lag in your case.

Nova: It is mostly under control. My speaking functions are not on my priorities of repairs right n-now.

Alice: That Quark guy said he removed my prosthetics. Is that all he did?

Nova: Yes. I was aware of his intentions and observed during the operation. If he tried anything that would be verified as a violation then I would have taken manual control against him.

Alice: But him operating on my was not?

Nova: Obviously I was aware of your prosthetics the moment I was installed. Before I let them linger because my own modifications and repairs would have taken some time. Lately they were becoming a hinderance so I was already making preperations to remove them myself.

Alice: So why can't you do the same thing with my prosthetics? You can easily dismantle my waredrobe without any issues.

Nova: They were made of a dense titanium alloy. Soft and thin matter is easy to dismantle and re-assemble but a metal that has been tempered takes alot longer. Removing them from the internal o-organs and muscles that they are supporting can also be dangerous when you are still adjusting to my systems. I've already repaired the injuries.

Alice: And I'm guessing you had to use your forced recovery again . . .?

Nova: Protocal dictated action. But because you were not in a critical condtition. I was able to use it sparringly.

Alice: . . . I guess Bianca was right about one thing. I'm getting to used to growing.

Nova: Bianca?

Alice: I can get that everyone else can't see her because I think she's in my head but I still don't understand how you cannot see her.

Nova: . . . I will make no excuses. I have looked through your recent memories and cannot verify anyone by the name of Bianca.

Alice: What about Crypter?

Nova: I can identify the individule by her Dayon genes but I cannot verify the human elements.

Alice: That doesn't make any sense. Go back further in my memories and see if you can identify her.

Nova: . . . I cannot identify this individule. There are pictures where I believe this person is suppost to be but when I try to verify, there is nothing or no one.

Alice: Bianca . . . just what are you?

End Notes:

I apologies for those who only could read a segment of this. And I may add more later or I will make a new chapter. Internet was going down when I was writing this so it will come off as choppy.

Chapter 15: The Outcasts by FleetingMoment
Author's Notes:

After this chapter there will be some heavy stuff happening. If anyone has trouble keeping up then please let me know. I can always fix mistakes if I am aware of them.

              At the hospital on the mid level. There were many people being treated from the explosion at the park. Many of the doctors and nurses were working overtime. Soki regained himself. He found himself wrapped in bandages. He was in discomfort but certainly was capable enough to get back to work.

Nurse: Excuse me officer but we cannot allow you to leave right now.

Soki: I need to know what happened.

Nurse: Well sir, you have suffered some injuries from an explosion. You're lucky to be alive.

Soki: And the teenagers? There were several kids closer to the blast then me.

Nurse: I-I'm sorry sir but I don't know much about that.

Soki: They fell into the hole didn't they.

Nurse: I am sorry for your loss-

Soki: No you're not. The only thing on your mind is when you're quitting hours are and when you get your pay check.

Nurse: E-Excuse me-

Soki: Get out.

He stared at her with a cold, unrelenting hatred. She did as she was asked and left him alone. Afterwards he began to feel a masive headache. ANd in time he began to hear a voice.

???: This world . . . Yes this is the one. You there. You can hear me now. What do you know.

Soki: Who . . . or what are you?

The voice began to speak louder.

???: A name . . . Yes . . . You're kind identifies another with a name. A very simple language your kind has. You have a strong sense of what you call Vigilance. Hmm, yes I shall call myself Vigilance. Now let us see what you know.

The headache continued. As though there was a hand reaching through Soki's mind.

Vigilance: So right now you know too little for me to address the situation. Very well. It's taken me a long time to enter this world. I shall wait until I can find another to connect with. Keep yourself alive until I return. I will have need of your contribution.

The voice became silent. And the headaches stopped. After a few minutes he sat up and prepared to move out. From outside the door he could hear a couple of voices.

Nurse: Excuse me ma'am but he's ill right now.

Johan: I am Commissioner General Johan Gathers you dits, get the hell out of my way!

After hearing her name. She burested into Soki's room. She was over weight with short black hair and a small scar on the left side of her face. Standing at 5' 9".

Soki: Commissioner . . .

Johan: Nice to see you're up Chief of Department 7. The doctors kept telling me that you would be out of it for several days.

Soki: I don't have time to take a break.

Johan: You could have fooled me. In the last month I have been getting words of alot of problems in your whole area of operation. First there was the mansion on district 37. Yes it was scheduled for demolition anyway but then you went and took the arsonist under your wing.

Soki: He still counted as a juvenile. No real home. The only thing he had going was a scholarship that allowed him to participate in education.

Johan: I don't give a fuck about that shits happiness. We have prisons for juveniles as well. Not to mention that your departments arrest reccord has dropped by half. And then I hear that a school was burned to the ground on your watch. With hundreads dead and not one culprit was arrested. Hell that juvenile you made your apprentice we could have suspected. And you missed two opportunities to take that masked freak in.

Soki: I confirmed that it was impossible for Brian to be the culprit. I make no excuses for Red Ravens escape.

Johan: Well that makes everything all better now doesn't it. Afterwards there was a whole gang that you could have dealt with and instead I hear they were murdered by the same guy. And just a little while ago I learn that there was a bombing in the central park. SO! You have managed to let the Fying Hyenas get murdered by a vigilante. A pass to an arsonist. No evidence to Al Capone  . . . You're work has been getting sloppy Soki. Do you have any idea how much money that was all worth?

Soki: I apologies commissioner.

Johan: And what about this Spicule character? Nothing?

Soki: His finger prints don't match anything on file. Nore does any D.N.A sample we have trace him to any known person. Even on the global criminal records . . . It's like he appeared out of nowhere.

Johan: You know Soki . . . These failures started comming right about when that bridge attack began. You ave too big of a soft spot for criminal kids. I looked up the report and found everyone deseased on that bridge save for two people. A man who's M.I.A. (Missing In Action). And his daughter, who has a murder charge agains't her. Is that true?

Soki: . . . Yes ma'am.

Johan: And you are aware that the Conclave wanted her in protective care. I believe I sent the order to you only a day after that incident.

Soki: Yes.

Johan: And now I hear she's fallen into the lower level.

Soki: As well as my own daughter.

Johan: Well then you have good enough motivation to get down there.

Soki: Officially I cannot move down there without a warrent.

Johna: Don't talk to me about protocals. I wrote the book on it . . . You'll be getting your warrents in several days. And then I want your entire department down there. Some of my own forces will be there to assist and supervise. You're orders will be to retrive that girl. And arrest anyone that tries to obstruct that athority. I really mean it this time Soki. If I see you take on a bunch of thieves and rogues as your new force. I'll have your badge.

Soki: So I am looking for a single person and not several.

Johan: You do whatever the hell you want with the other kids. Just make sure that Alice Vermire is locked up in protective care by the end of the week.

Soki: Yes commissioner.

Johan: And that's all you can report right? Anything else that you are hiding that needs to be brought to light. Nothing . . . out of the ordinary. No scary monsters. Some garbage like that?

Soki: . . . Nothing like that and there are no reports of such a thing.

Johan: Good to hear. Now I'll let the nurse take care of your little tumble down the stairs.

She left the room walking as though she would strike at anyone for getting too close to her.

Johan: Worthless little shit. With any luck you'll die down there.

________________________________________________________________________

As Alice walked down the street. She found all kinds of people in Devil Scar's HQ. Alot of the people down here wern't even Dayon of any class. And unlike the mid level. She wasn't getting many people starring at her either. Most of these people were either too busy or didn't care enough. She would even witness several people being carried off to the clinic she just came from.

Nova: I f-fear that those human beings are suffering from radiation poisoning.

Alice: It's the first time I've seen Dayon try and help people instead of hurt them. Most of them are Class E right?

Nova: Most of the higher classes are gathered around the area that is su-suffering from EMP interfearance.

Alice: Yeah . . . so Spicule can't get too close to any electronics or people.

Nova: That should not be an issue as long as he remains in a human form. But even in human form I could not scan anything about him until he transformed.

Alice: You said that he was class S. But you only told me the classes from E-A.

Nova: Class S Dayon were only recently updated. But even then, the Dayon Spicule has proven to defy the original format of an S class.

Alice: Because he's so small compared to alot of the C and B classes right?

Nova: The smallest confirmed S class was reported to be over three miles in diamiter. I was only able to Classify Spicule as S because of his Nuclear Core. On normal S classes, a core is needed in place of consumption.

Alice: Well I guess it would be impossible for this world to sustain such a massive life form . . . especially when there's nothing but sand beyond the cities.

Nova: Indeed. But such a core is completly unnecessary for a Dayon of Spicules size. I do not even know why he hasn't overloaded and detonated. And then there is his transformation abilities.

Alice: Let me guess. He shouldn't be able to do that as an S class.

Nova: An S class Dayon cannot revert to a human state at all. But he can not only change back and forth freely. He is even capable of partial transformation. In which case he can allow only his arm to become Dayon. This is probably the only Dayon that can accomplish such a skill. In our current condition we do not have an effective d-defense against his Fallout.

Alice: Yeah . . . it hurts me on a biological level and a digital level at the same time. But it's not like I can just run away. He's basically got us all in a cage. If I run then he will most likely attack Daniel . . .

Nova: I can try to help you with your friends. But they are not a primary concern of mine.

Alice: Right . . . You're almost enslaved by your protocals.

Nova: Enslaved? I s-suppose you are correct.

Alice: Maybe if we live through this . . . I can try and help you choose your own parameters.

As she continued to walk forward she noticed Brian just up ahead. Not too far away she found Hive keeping an eye on him. But he was actually speaking to another E class Dayon. He had a large deformed arm but for the most part looked human.

Brian: So this is what happeed to you.

Todd: Yeah . . .

Brian: Gotta be honest Todd. I didn't think you would be this relaxed about it.

Todd: I know . . . Talk about irony. We were hunting shorty there for so long and now I turned into what I hunted. Though the Quack said I had it pretty good for an E class.

Brian: How so?

Todd: Well this arm looks ugly but it's a hell of alot better then my last one. Picking up a whole motor bike with one had is fancy. And check this out.

He opened his hand at a small rock on the ground. Out of it came a fast red ball.

Todd: So apparently this thing can shoot balls of neon gas. Don't know the science to it but I know it can kill people.

Brian: Great. So you signed up with Devil Scar now!

Todd: Well I was pissed when I first found out but . . . well I got off lucky compared to Pat.

He turned his attention to Hive.

Brian: Did you kill him you little pissant?

Hive: He, was, taken, by, them. Hive, did, not.

Todd: Hive didn't kill him but feel free to kick his ass for putting us in the situation in the first place.

Alice approached and joined in the conversation.

Alice: By taken you mean the Reavers right?

Brian: I guess so- . . . oh what the hell did you get bigger again?

Alice: If it's alright with you. I'd rather not talk about it.

Todd: Wow . . . So she's not a Dayon?

Brian: No Todd . . . You know what forget that I even brought it up.

Hive: Spicule, needed, more. Hive, brought, more. This, one, joined. The, other, invaded,

Todd: . . . Basically they exposed us to Ayous energy by ripping open an A-Cell. I turnedf into a Dayon by the time it was over. For a time I thought Pat was as well until. Well he was glowing white for a moment. And then it started turning into flames. And then he started spouting nonsense before he dissapeared.

Brian: So he burned to death . . .

Alice: Wait . . . When he dissapeared, did you hear something like a zooming sound?

Todd: I guess it was a little similar to that.

Alice: So he ended up becoming a Reaver instead.

Brian: . . . Gotta say. The human races odds are looking bleak right now.

Todd: Spicule's got some operation comming up. Guess me and bug ass over here will take you to the briefing.

Alice: Why is he sharing his operation with us?

Hive: You, will, be, in, it. Your, only, answer, is, yes.

Alice knew that Hive was implying blackmail.

________________________________________________________________________

They came to Spicules rally as he gathered the crounds of Dayon and Human alike. He had a charismatic charm over the people. These people were living in slums for most of their lives so it makes sense that all Spicule had to do was point them in the right direction.

Spicule: Hello, Ladies and Gentlmen. Are you all good and pissed off at the Conclave?

His words were met with approval.

Spicule: Then you are all in a good mood to take it out on todays assholes of the week. Believe it or not we get to beat on not only the Conclave but the Al Capones as well. Turns out they plan on a little exchange later tonight. You know the usual, The Al Capone's give the Conclave children and in return they get money, guns, and now fancy new vehicles. And I'm no expert but I wouldn't be surprised if any one of your own kids might be in that trade. So here's what we do. We use guerrilla warefare and take everything. Anyone here want in on the raid?

From the crowd it was impossible to find a single nay sayer.

Spicule: Right now that we got the basic idea. For this operation I'll be appointing Bruiser, Figment and Vomer for the sub jobs. Bruiser's got front command against the Al Capones so if any of you want in then make sure you can take what you give. Figments commanding the raiding party. Steal anything you can and go from there. And Vomer is handling long ranged support. You got a sniper rifle, cannon, mortar. Anything that hits from long distance then he's the party for you.

One of the people asked what Spicules job would be.

Spicule: I good sir will be the diversion for everyone else. Think it's about time for the Al Capones's and the Conclae to see the face of the bastard that's been ruining their fun. But I won't be adding too many to my own team. If you're with me then there's a good chance you will die. So once your ready talk to one of these three and they'll give you something to do. Operation Hellzone begins at 11:25 pm tonight.

________________________________________________________________________

After the crouds had dissapeared, Hive and Todd brought Alice and Brian to Spicules meeting room. With him were Spicules lieutenants. Bruiser was a large caucasian man wearing a biker jacket with a red bandana over his head. Figment was a hispanic woman with a shaved head wearing a hoodie and long pants. Vomer wore a hocky mast on and had a vest on while wrapped in bandages.

Spicule: Hey girl. So tell me . . . How are you feeling.

Alice: . . . Do I even need to answer?

Spicule: Hmm . . . Well I guess not. Otherwise I'd have to change my name to captain hindsight.

Brian: OK you've assed around long enough. Get to the fucking point already.

Figment: You might want to watch yourself there boy.

Spicule: Friends, friends, please. No one needs to start killing eachother. Save it for operation Hellzone. Plenty of jerks to murder there.

Everyone began to withdraw themselves from any violence.

Spicule: Now then as for what's going on. So you've already heard about my operation and all that. So basically I want you to take a part in it girl.

Alice: And I suppose if I say no then you'll do something bad to Daniel then?

Spicule: Ding, ding, ding, ding, din, ding. Congradulations captain hindsight.

Alice: . . .

Spicule: You know girl . . . I only heard one name there though. What don't you care about Brina here or Zoey?

Alice: Well . . . you did say you would hurt him but not the others.

Spicule: Of course. Lets move on then.

He had a suspicious grin on his face.

Spicule: I'm not asking you to do it for free. So basically you help me I help you.

Alice: Why would you want to help me if I was already your enemy?

Spicule: Isn't there a comic book out there that states "Keep you're friends close and your enemies even closer"? Besides, one I like you girl. And two, you held up against the mother fucking Nuclear Dragon pretty well. And that means you're a good candidate for my team. Yeah that's right when I said I had a team I was including you. That and one other guy because operation Hellzone is going to be bigger then I made it sound. And I don't want any Reavers hurting my people.

Alice: And what do we get for helping you. Money? A way back to the mid level?

Spicule: Well I could pay you . . . but you don't look that interested in money.

He pulled out a loaf of $100,000.

Spicule: See here's why I don't plan to give you money anyway.

He then immediatly set the loaf on fire and threw it into a garbage can.

Spicule: And that there is my opinion of money. Trading money and stealing money are not as different as it looks. It still exchanges hands regardless of permission . . . But with it burned like that means it will never return to that flow. No one will ever be able to gain it again.

Alice: . . . (What is he really after?)

Spicule: Now if you help out with the operation I will help you lot back to the mid level depending on how much work you do. Granted I can also help you find Norton Vermire.

Alice: Wait you saw my dad?

Spicule: Ahh, now you're interested. Yeah we saw him down here. Poking around the under ground. Gotta say he was a lucky son of a bitch making it through there though.

Alice: You have him as well?!

Spicule: I'm not going to tell you. You want the rest of the story then that's where you help us out.

Alice: . . . Fine. I help you and then you help me. Got it.

Brian: And what about Zoey and Daniel then?

Spicule: Oh well I definatly need Zoey alive so I don't wanna risk her in the war so I'll keep her in the camp. And Daniel boy there I think it's also better to not use him but I think you're more then capable to help right?

Brian: Ok fine, what did you want from me then?

Spicule: Well you had skills with sharpshooting so I think I can add you to Vomer's team. What do you think Vomer?

He approached Brian scanning his arms and shoulders.

Brian: What?

Vomer: . . . Left Handed . . . Best Weapon . . . Will Be This.

For Brian he brought out an Anti Material Rifle. Vomer even made some small adjustments to it so it was more compadable with Brians specific arm length.

Brian: Wow . . . Thanks.

Spicule: Yeah Vomer's good with measurments. You'll get along just fine.

Bruiser: Say boss will you be needing me any time soon? I was going to check on the other two before we start the operation.

Spicule: Oh right that reminds me. You can actually bring them here for a bit.

Bruiser: Ok . . . but why?

He looked towards Alice.

Spicule: We got a good lot of time to work with so how about a nice game of chess girl?

Alice: ?

________________________________________________________________________

In the make shift prison. Zoey and Daniel were in two seperate cells next to one another. Although they were thick walls they could still speak to one another.

Zoey: Hey . . . Daniel. You're doing ok in there right?

Daniel: Yeah . . . It's kind of the reason I kept my condition a sectret.

Zoey: Is there anything sharp in your cell? Like a pin or anything?

Daniel: I haven't checked yet. Do you know how to pick locks?

Zoey: Well I learned how to deal with these kind of locks anyway. But I need to get two pieces of really thin metal. Anything in there?

Daniel: Hmm . . . Not sure what this was but it's thin and metal. Not sure how I can get it over to you though.

Zoey: Well you can try and throwing it from the cell window.

Daniel: Ok but you only get one shot.

Zoey: Wait you can throw it this far right? I mean with your arthritis and all . . .

Daniel: I can try anyway. But if you don't want me to try then I wont attempt it.

Zoey: Might as well then.

Daniel waited for her to be ready. Once he recieved the signal he tossed it as straight as possible. She almost had it but when it pricked her hand she instinctivly released it.

Daniel: Did I miss?

Zoey: No . . . I dropped it. Damnit all. Guess we just wait for now.

Daniel: I doubt they will keep you here for long. Spicule didn't seem to have any interest in harming you.

Zoey: So far the only thing I can think of is that he wants me a bait to lure my dad down here.

They paused in silence for a moment.

Zoey: I wonder how my dad is doing. I mean that exploding construction vehicle got us all good. Why were you there anyway? You seem to know alot about A-Cells.

Daniel: I was trying to stop them from being released. But by the time I got access to them. They were already in meltdown. You should never play around with Ayous like that.

Zoey: They are . . . what create Dayon right? Wait if you were that close then aren't you scared of turning into one?

Daniel: The effects can be really quick or take awhile. I think I'm in the clear anyway.

Zoey: And Brian?

Daniel: Not sure but I think he's been in several Ayous explosions. And he shows no signs of changing.

Zoey: Right . . . And I don't think it could do anything to Alice if she's already got that Nova thing protecting her.

Daniel: What about you then?

Zoey: What about me?

Daniel: You were also caught in the blast.

Zoey: Tch . . . I think if I was affected then something would have happened to me by now right.

Daniel: Very well then. If you say so then I will trust you.

Zoey: Really . . . Just like that?

Daniel: Should I not?

Zoey: . . . Shame there aren't more guys like you. Alice keeps getting bigger and yet you don't feel threatened. What do you think of her?

Daniel: I did feel a kind of kinship with her at a time. After all she's an outcast of the normal.

Zoey: Yeah . . . I used to be apart of that normal.

Daniel: What happened then?

Zoey: Well . . . I used to hate my dad before. Not because he was abusive or anything like that. But he was off to war around the time I was two so I never knew him right off the bat. My mom would always tell me these stories about how great of a person he was. How he was fighting to keep everyone in the cities safe from the terrors outside. Over time though I began to discover that he was fighting against terrorists. But the more I looked into them the more it seemed like his military forces were the agressors. And then came the big killer for me.

Daniel: Your mother passed away?

Zoey: What gave that away?

Daniel: I never once saw your mother so I assumed Soki was a single parent.

Zoey: Yeah . . . my mom was suffering from cancer. Most likely caused by radiation. She could have been saved. They needed a lung transplant to do it. But I couldn't do it because I was too young. My dad conviniently had a matching pare. There aren't alot of asians left so the odds of a straight asian couple like them was rare in these days. The problem was that he was still in service and she could not be moved from the hospital equipment. When he finally could come he came running. But he was three hours too late. During those years I began to blame him for my moms death. If only he would have come sooner. After he was discharged from the military and got a job as a cop.

Daniel: I don't see that now though, so you must have forgiven him.

Zoey: Over a few years I did. But I was in denial about it. I ran out of hate too quickly so I ended up faking it afterwards. That girl Bianca welcomed me into her posy and I went from there. She showed me the tricks of how to toy with other guys and girls. Some guys may like big boobs. But Bianca taught me that it's not for all guys. I ended up toying with the guys that like slimmer girls. Being japaneese was a real edge I had as well. But I was doing it for the purpose of breaking them . . . Because I was really just trying to grab on to something to hate. Then I ran into Alice one day.

Daniel: She saw through your facade didn't she.

Zoey: She was always studying psychology but Alice just completly bypassed it all together. I was pretty pissed off at her when she did it. Of course it was easy to bully her back then. They used to call her Cubby Ally just because she was a little heavy. Most of the way through middle school me Bianca and the other girls would push her around.

Daniel: Doesn't sound like it phased her that much.

Zoey: She was used to it already so adding one more group ment nothing. But when I was in a bad mood one day she really aggitated me. So I wanted revenge. I needed a different approach though. Bianca always told me that if you can't hurt someone one way then you change your methodes. So I plotted to tamper with her test score. I always saw her work hardest in the Social Studies classes the most so I would hit her there. I waited for the right moment and wrote an extra test paper with just enough wrong answers. A big enough fail and she was going to have to repeat the class all over again. And we had a useless teacher anyway so he wouldn't be able to tell that it was a fake.

Daniel: But she's in the same grade as you so I assume that it didn't work out so well.

Zoey: Tch . . . The thing was that someone beat me to it. Repeating the class was vengeance enough for me but the guy who tampered with her paper was flat out going to ruin her life.

Daniel: I can't imagine it was that Anthony guy. Bianca then?

Zoey: Bianca didn't care enough about Alice to even try at the time.And Anthony just likes to use his bare hands. No, the teacher himself was deliberatly marking down her tests before. And a couple days ago Alice really humiliated him. The super intendant was doing an evaluation of the school and so Mr. Havinger decided to demonstrate his abilities to put children in tough situations. He asked the class this first question. "If you and several others are trapped in a room. There is a switch that can release the door but the one who pulls it dies, what would you do".

Daniel: I think I heard that one before.

Zoey: Yeah and he was so smug about it. One girl claimed that she would sacrifice herself to save thousands of others . . . Now I knew she was lying though. At least the guy before her was honest enough to jsut say he'll let someone else die.

Daniel: It's easy to say but when the situation actually comes then no one wants to do it. What about you.

Zoey: I just wanted to get out of class so if I didn't say anthing and pretend that he defeated me then he would let us go. Alice on the other hand turned the tables around. "I'd throw my shoe at the switch" she would say. We all laughed and thought she was just trying to make a joke. It took me awhile to realise that she was seriously going for this.

Daniel: Based on that logic the shoe would die but it's a shoe anyway so no one really dies at all.

Zoey: Back then I just wanted her to shut up but she was actually right. Alice completly devistated the whole lesson plan he had ready. So he tried another harder one. "If you were in a tunnle with a very fat guide. And then he gets stcuk right at the entrance. With the water behind them rising they have no way to push him out. There only hope is to use a stick of dynamite".

Daniel: That one I didn't hear. Did she think of something that time?

Zoey: Not for that one but she beat him by going the other direction. She said that the dynamite would cause a cave in anyway and it was a hopeless situation. Would make more sense to just let the water fill up and hope the water pressure could push the fat guy out. And what moron would let the fattest man be the guide in a narrow passage. Basically she argued with him on more angles then one. And Mr. Havinger, lost all control over his class right infront of the super intendent. I heard he lost his opportunity for a promotion after that. One little tubby girl ruined his chance for greatness.

Daniel: So what did you do then.

Zoey: Mr. Havinger would announce the tests the next day. And even if I tried to correct Alice's test to be passable. He would have just marked it down anyway. So I openly admitted that I sabotaged her test.

Daniel: You took the blame for his crimes. Can't imagine he was happy about that.

Zoey: Not one bit. He couldn't flunk her because he would have to prove that I did nothing of the sort. But by doing that he reveals his own crimes. And also she got to take the test again in a controlled environment. In other words, she could take it straight to the scangrade. An unbiast machine that will grade her fairly. And all I got was detention to worry about.

Daniel: Did she know you were lying?

Zoey: Of course. I actually found that she was mentally prepared to take the bullet. Because all her stuff was pre-packed so she could just walk straight out the door. Later I confronted her about the whole thing . . . I kind of forced myself into her life from that point on. I cut my ties with Bianca but I never forgot what she taught me. And in doing so I actually started getting her to take it easy on the chocolate. Although she's now big in an obviously different way. I would like to take the credit myself but well you know.

Daniel: And what happened to Mr. Havinger?

Zoey: You'll have to ask Alice about that because I don't know. But I do know he was a sore loser. You know you really are a good match for her.

Daniel: . . .

Zoey: oh don't be so shy . . . You may be quiet about it but I can tell you're into bigger girls. And I don't just mean big boobs. And you know come to think of it . . . You didn't start talking to her until after the accident she had.

Daniel: I guess that makes me a rotten guy.

Zoey: I never said it was a bad thing. All guys have sexual thoughts no matter how little they think about them. Girls aren't any better or worse. Some of us just like to act like we are. Trust me I learned from a professional girl who knows how to tease guys.

Daniel: Bianca . . .

Zoey: You know. I honestly don't even remeber much of her anymore. Not sure why . . . But I guess it isn't that important. And you know. If you ever need tips on things Alice might like. You come and talk to me.

Daniel: . . . I'll give it a try. Change happens one way or the other.

But from Zoey's cell she was looking at her own arms. They looked like they were covered in a hard silver blue metal. She was trying to scratch it because it felt itchy.

Zoey: Yeah . . . Change happens one way or the other . . . I can see that happening . . .

Then she felt a quick pain come from her wrist. Only to discover a blade growing from the top of her own wrist. It also had an electrical current running through it. She let out a loud gasp when this happened.

Daniel: Are you alright!?

Zoey: Yes, everything is fine . . .

Daniel did not pry any further and ended the conversation. Zoey spoke with in a very quiet and insecure tone.

Zoey: Everything . . . is fine.

End Notes:

So many things I want to get to and yet it feels so far away. Hope you all enjoyed my next chapter. Would really like to see some more reviews.

Chapter 16: Al'Capone & The Conclave by FleetingMoment
Author's Notes:

Please note this chapter is currently incomplete. I will be finishing it within the course of this week.

      Even after the damages to the structure caused by the Flying Hyenas and Cryophyte. The Tuwa Foundations labs were working tirelessly through the strife. The goal in the long term was to bring life back to the worlds ruined surface. But deeper in the restricted sectors there was more going on. Linus was working while speaking with his biggest contributor.

Linus: So far we've discovered something different about the Ayous you sent us. Trying to bond Ayous to plant life appears to create a symbiosis. I have yet to perfect it yet. But I believe that we can accomplish a new way to use Ayous energy.

Blane: What has become of the successful specimen?

Linus: So far they appear to have become passive. They still have their usual functions but they aren't making any attempts to overtake a host. They might even be able to cure diseases.

Blane: Lets not get ahead of ourselves. I know you are eger to save your adopted child but it's best to test the side effects as well.

Linus: . . . I understand sir.

Blane: So far it sounds like you have discovered an Ayous more accuted to our worlds nature . . . What was their Reaver ranking anyway?

Linus: Unfortunatly the ones bonded so far were only Acolyte Grade. Apostles seem to reject the plants they enter. The Acolytes can still move up to an Apostle level but by bonding them with a plant has also slowed their development. I do not know how an Advent would be affected.

Blane: That we will not be testing at all. Advents can freely jump from host to host anyway. Not that I have one to test anyway.

Linus: Well it's a start so I suppose we can just let the bonded Ayous develope into Apostle ranks on their own for now.

It was then Linus recieved a transmission from the front desk.

Secretary: Excuse me sir but there's a Ms. Gina Al Capone here to see you.

Linus: What! . . . Ok I'll be up there in a bit.

Blane: Listen Linus. That woman must not know what were doing here. If the Al Capones are here to collect money then you pay them whatever they ask. I will compensate you for your troubles.

Linus: If it's not the Conclave it's Al Capone. It's not like I'm getting in their way or anything.

He ended the conversation with Blane to meet the most feared woman in the city. At the front desk was a brute of a man that was even taller than Linus.

Linus: Hello . . . Where is Ms Al Capone Mr . . .?

Polly: Polly. And we won't be talking here. Ms AlCapone will be having the meeting on the move. Right this way sir.

Linus: . . . Yes of course.

He had the secretary hold his calls until he gets back. Linus was sitting between two other guys while faced with the master of the Al Capone. She looked to be in her mid 70s. Despite her small size. There was no one in limo that would dare cross her.

Gina: It's nice to see you again Mr. Hatch.

Linus: Like wise I'm sure. I see you have improved on your transportation.

Gina: When you start employing bigger muscle it's important that they can fit in your transportation. But lets get to the reason why you have been summoned.

Linus: I have already paid my debts. Fredrick and Margaret are under my protection.

Gina: Trust me Mr. Hatch. You'll be paying for them your entire life. You know that usually those that buy from us are only renting these kids. I just happen to be making a special arrangment for you.

Linus: So what is it then. Was there left over interest that I was unaware of?

Gina: Linus. If I wanted anything more from you I would have had your organs removed. And you have been a really good customer over the years. I felt that this was a time to give a little back. Of course there is a trade off.

She snapped her fingers and one of her henchmen brought out a file. When Linus pullled it out he saw that the pictures were of Alice. But to his surprise they were of her in her Novus form in the skirmishes against Cryophyte.

Linus: This doesn't make any sense. So you are showing me pictures of a girl and a monster. I didn't take you for the type who believes in this garbage.

Gina: Drop the act red man. We all know about Dayon and Ayous. And I happen to have spies that use some very old cameras. Way to primative to be hacked into and tampered with. So you know that I don't play around.

Linus: . . . So what do you want with her

Gina: I want you to help me get her before the Conclave does. My idiot son ended up losing her to the lower level.

Linus: The explosion a few days ago.

Gina: Don't read too much into it. For your own good. Now, normally I would be lucky for someone to be in the lower level. But of all the places she had to fall into. It had to be in the clutches of Spicule.

Linus: And how am I suppost to help? I'm not exactly a mercenary.

Gina: No but you're good with kids. Especially those that are friends with the ones you rented.

Linus: You're asking me to betray her trust?!

Gina: Who said I was asking? And I was thinking of compensating you for this one. You bring her to me and I will rip up our ownership papers of Fredrick and Margaret. No more monthly payments. No future debts to worry about. I'll be giving you full guardianship over them.

Linus: How do I know you're lying?

Gina: I don't make deals like that every day you know. Otherwise I would have been out of buisness long ago. And since Margaret is a defective product. I won't be able to use the little kid anyway. Speaking of her I would do something about her radiation poisoning if I were you.

Linus: C-Can I get a little time to think about it?

Gina: Don't stutter. I hate men who can't make choices. Now you don't want me to start thinking I'm wasting my time do you?

________________________________________________________________________

         Bruiser brought out both Daniel and Zoey from their prisons. Zoey was relieved that what had happened to her was not visibly showing right now. Exactly how long that will last was entirly on her luck. They were both brought into the room where Spicule had set up a chess board game. It was an unusual move but Spicule's subbordinates were used to the random actions he would take.

Spicule: I trust you know the rules to this, right girl?

Alice: Yes . . . I don't get why you would just throw this out of nowhere.

Spicule: The rules down here are simple. You either do one job for a service or you simply win to get something. So lets have a best 2 out of 3. If you win, you get a favor out of me. And vice versa. I brought your friends here just so you don't feel alone. Ain't I a nice guy girl.

Alice: Sure I guess.

For the first match it seemed pretty straight forward. Each took their turn and one by one the pieces were removed.

Spicule: Hey Hive, you look a little cold. If you want you can kick on that heater.

Alice was spending more time trying to figure out what he was really trying to do. He seemed uninterested in the match itself. She tried to maintain her composure and focused on the chess game instead of the strange things he was doing.

Zoey: Are you ok Daniel?

Daniel: Fine. Just feel like I've seen something like this before.

Brian: Well it is a chess game after all. I'd imagine alot of jerks have seen them.

By the first match. Alice was victorious. But she was under the impression that he wasn't really trying.

Hive: Spicule, will, win,

Brian: Well don't you seem confident there short stuff.

Figment: Boss it might help you better if you actually try. You beat Hive at this all the time and you two play it at a hard core level.

Spicule: Oh my god, you are so right! I've forgotten who I really was!

But the way he said it sounded like he was making fun of a cliche'. They then reseted the board. And this time he made a move the second Alice finished hers.

Spicule: Keep up girl. You don't wanna fall behind now.

Zoey: Wait, Alice don't do that-

Bruiser: Hey no back seaters allowed.

Before she knew it she was forced to use her queen alone to keep her king active. Until she got trapped by his last move.

Spicule: And that's check mate.

Daniel: Are you ok Alice?

Alice: Sorry . . . Just hard to think straight.

Spicule: What's the matter girl? Cold!?

Zoey then thought about why Spicule turned on the heater.

Zoey: You know you can turn off the heater already. Hive's got a winter coat and no one else here really needs it.

Spicule: You know when the sun is blocked out down here. It tends to get chilly. But as you wish. She probably doesn't like the heat that much anyway.

This time when the third game started up things were again different. She tried to keep up with Spicules pacing. And move after move they both lost about half their pieces. She was looking ahead as much as possible to see if he was going to bait her into another trap. The only serious issue was that there were several steps that could cost her the match. But then when she took his last bishop. He knocked over his king.

Spicule: Congrads girl. You made it.

Bruiser: What the hell?

Figment: Boss! You still had a chance. I know she was getting the upper hand but still.

Zoey: Well . . . If he surrenders then it's over anyway.

Hive: . . .

Brian: Hey don't look so gloomy. Assuming victory is dumb in the first place

Spicule: Don't feel bad Hive. No one wins all the time. And I saw how it will all end. Why sacrifice your subjects if you know you already lost right?

Alice: . . . You would have won.

Zoey: What?

Alice: You would have won in 5 more moves.

It was then that Hive noticed that Spicule actually had an edge. Alice would have almost beaten him but the last move would have ended up in check. Spicule just leaned back in his chair with that same grin on his face.

Spicule: You know girl. In the second match you failed to see my trap which is easy to see. And yet you caught my other traps that far ahead?

Alice: I . . . Thought it was obvious.

Hive: Spicule, could, have, won . . . Hive, did. not, see, it.

Spicule: Girl if you won then it doesn't matter about what could have happened. I could have potentially invented the wheel but I didn't. And of course you get a prize. So I think you wanted to know where your dad went. Right?

Alice: . . . You said he was down here awhile ago.

Spicule: We found him for a bit yes. He was skulking around the sewars and caverns bellow our feet. No idea why he was down there but he seemed to have an idea of where he was going.

Alice: Do you have him as your captive?

Spicule: Why yes of course I do . . . Except I don't have him at all. Conclave beat me to it that time.

Alice: So if I want to find him I need to get back up the city.

Spicule: Only trick is that they keep the elevator shafts guarded. And the private shafts you kind of need to be employed. So I'll help you get back upstairs. I'll give you a moment with your buddies and then Zoey and Daniel boy there can wait here until we finish. So enjoy the senery. Then I'll see you in four hours.

As they left. Bruiser began to question Spicule about his methodes.

Bruiser: Boss . . . I have to know. What the hell was the point of that?

Figment: It's like you're so bored out of your mind that you turn completly juvenile. And how does some chess game indicate intellegence?

Spicule: Oh no, the whole thing about smart people playing chess is bullshit. All it's really about is who has the best memory. Kind of how schools try to teach kids.

Figment: So you were just wasting time for the hell of it?

Spicule: The trick is to see what she was doing outside of the game. For one thing she has a "never say die" mentality. And in a good way I mean. Never tried to take any easy ways out. But still was trying to use problem solving skills. And she hates high temperatures. Tends to alternate between being clueless and focused. Can't mix love and hate either. Those are the things you need to pay attention to.

Bruiser: And what exactly did you figure out about it?

Spicule: The girls Autistic.

Figment: Seriously . . . You went through all that just to see if some kid has a mental defect? You have the power of a nuclear bomb and you're wasting time with shit like this!

Spicule then rushed straight up to Figment with his Knife close to her neck.

Spicule: If I were to damage your brain in anyway then it doesn't really matter does it. You shoud take more appreciation for the mind over peoples physical abilities.

He then begins tapping his head.

Spicule: Our exsistance is all here. So if I happen to take an interest in studying peoples minds, then that means I can figure out how to deal with people.

Hive: Hive, does, not, see, it. How, can, Spicule, tell?

Spicule became delighted in answering Hive.

Spicule: You guys should be more like Hive and be open minded to possibilities. Pick up a chair little buddy and I'll tell you all about it.

Bruiser: . . . Sometimes boss I can't tell if you're a real philosopher or just flat out insane.

Spicule: Insanity, Philosophy . . . What's the difference.

________________________________________________________________________

Regrettably, the group wern't able to leave Devil Scars base camp. Spicule was so confident in his jailing abilities that he didn't even need cages. If they left then he could easily track them down. And they would have no means to get back up.

Brian: God . . . This guy is a nut job. Lets hope we can get this over with.

Alice: It seems that it's a common thing among Dayon.

Daniel: Doesn't surprise me. Usually Dayon that are Class B and higher suffer mental problems.

Zoey: . . . You mean they go insane after awhile?

Daniel: They can.

Zoey: Well . . . That would explain why Jaamal is like that.

Alice: I'm not so certain if he is suffering from psychosis. For one thing he is fully aware of himself and his own actions. If he has any disorder, then it would be closer to an anti-social disorder.

Brian: Still, felt like that chess game was a waste of time. Daniel, you said you've seen that kind of game before. What did you mean by it?

Daniel: I had to do an IQ and a psychiatric test before. The doctor disguised it as a simple chess game.

Alice: So . . . he was doing a psychiactric test on me? . . . I know we need to help these jerks to get out of here. Guess I just got to bare it until then.

Zoey: You know. You might be able to escape on your own.

Alice: But I can't leave the rest of you here.

Zoey: Well then you can take Brian and Daniel. Your Nova thing should let you carry two people right now. Spicule isn't goping to hurt me. And my dad will come down here within a week.

Daniel: Why a week?

Brian: In short. Paper work. The departments can't operate out of their sectors without a permit. Fucking red tape.

Zoey: Really . . . I'd rather you all get out of here before these screwballs start twisting everyone up.

Brian: Fuck that noise. I'll just kill Spicule myself. I don't think Devil Scar can function without him.

Daniel: Alice couldn't take him. What makes you think you can?

Brian: I don't plan to. For now lets play along with them. Since I was added to that Vomer guys team. That means that I'm in a sniping position.

Alice: But he's a Dayon. If they get injured enough they force transform to save their lives.

Brian: Damage to the brain is a different story. Even if he lives, he won't be able to think the way he does right now. He'll probably go retarded from the damage.

Alice: . . . Guess I'll follow your plan then. If I had beaten him from the start we wouldn't be in this situation.

Daniel: Please don't think like that.

Zoey: The guy is ex-military. He knows battle tactics. You just got thrown into this life style about a month ago. Just let us do what we can ourselves.

As they continued to argue with one another they began to hear footsteps marching. A small army of Dayon and Humans began to rally. Readying themselves for the battle ahead. And soon afterwards a man came behind them asking for Alice.

Alice: Who are you?

Zorn: Thhhey call me Zorn. You aaare Alicce rrrright?

Alice: And what if I am?

Zorn: Mmmaster looking for yyou. Lettt us ggo.

He had a hard time speaking. But unlike Hive who had a speach imedament. This guy's main issue seemed to be in his head. He had no hair but pointed ears while wearing handcuffs. And it almost looked like he had two extra faces on the sides of his head.

Zorn: Wwwwants us for hhhhis mission.

Alice: So you're the third guy Spicule was talking about.

He began getting a little close to her. Zorn tried to sniff the airoma comming from her.

Alice: Ok . . . You don't need to do that . . .

Nova: Becareful around this one Alice. My s-scan indicates that this one is a Class A Dayon.

Bruiser: Oh thank god I found you, Sorry about this guy. He gets impatient.

Alice: Is that why he's chained up?

Bruiser: No. He's chained up to limit himself. Trust me you'll see when we take the leash off. But in anycase. Spicule's starting the mission so You and Brian get to your teams. You other kids are going back into the cells for the time being.

Zoey: So you let us out just to throw us back in!

Bruiser: Don't get mad at me. Bosses orders.

________________________________________________________________________

Alice and Brian were forced to come to come to the raid. Vomer had already moved Brian into a smelting factory. It had a good vantage point of the battle ground where the trade was going to take place. While Vomers men would provide sniping support. Figment would be responsible for liberating the Al Capones orphans and slave and Bruiser would be dealing damage to the weaponry that the Conclave was offering in return.

Spicule: What do you know . . . They brought in the heavy guns today. Leave that lady to me.

Alice: The bald woman in the white coat you mean. She's an Advent Reaver I take it?

Spicule: For a girl who just learned this yesterday, you catch on pretty fast. You can handle Reavers I hope. Oh what am I saying. Of course you'll do fine. Now then . . . Zorn it's time to do your thing.

Zorn: Masttter. I wwill hae trouble idddentifying friend from foeee . . .

Spicule: Don't worry I'll steer you in the right direction.

Zorn: Ass you wish.

He then jumped below to the ground. Alice could see Zorn's change. He grew a savage fur coat and as he rose into his Dayon form, two aditional heads split from the sides of his face. He took on the shape of a three headed werwolf. Zorn let out a howl signifying his presence, standing as a 300 foot tall monster.

Spicule: Atta boy. Now lets get this party started. Don't worry girl. The big bad wolf only kills what I don't like.

Alice: . . . I'm surprised you didn't call him Cerberus.

Spicule: Well we thought of that. But then I thought that's been done to death already.

He then decided to push Alice on to Zorn back and then followed himself.

Spicule: Alright Zorn . . . Everything in that general direction must die!

________________________________________________________________________

Zoey was still trying to deal with her changes. Even though they wern't permanent, they seemed to be getting more serious. Right now she could still see the silver blue metal covering her hands. As for the blades in her arms. She found that she was able to retract them given enough time. After a little while, her and Daniel could hear several footsteps. They couldn't tell how many but the voice of their guard sounded familiar.

Bert: Sorry guys, but Spicule says he doesn't want anyone touching Zoey.

Hive: We, are, here, for, the, other.

Bert: Oh. Well I don't think I'm suppose to let anyone kill him either.

Hive: Not, kill. Harm. The, bad. person, wants, to. betray, Spicule. Hive, will, deal, with, him. Hurt, the, other, one, to, send, message. You, will, not, be, responsible.

Bert: Uhh . . . I guess roughing him up a bit doesn't matter.

Zoey could hear them enter Daniels cell.

Zoey: What the hell, don't hurt him. Out of any of us he's done the least to you.

Bert: Hey shut up. No talking in the prison.

But hive dismissed his actions.

Hive: This, is, penalty, for, trying, to, hurt, Spicule. Heard, you, speak, of, betrayal. The, bad, person, will, suffer, as, well.

Zoey was banging on the door cursing the lot of them. She could hear from the other cell that it was getting worse. Hive had departed after a few minutes. Most likely to go after Brian. Bert had been getting annoyed with her trying to get out. She paused for a moment.

Zoey: Must be hard for you to be stuck on guard duty.

Bert: I told you to shove it.

Zoey: You know I remeber you from that day I was tied up. A whole gang bang and you wern't invited. You're not into big girls are you. Most people would think of you as a pedophile.

He began dragging his crowbar across the bars. And then got close to them to speak directly in the cell.

Bert: You really aren't listening are you. Keep it up and I'll break your legs.

She then threw a small handful of gravel at his face as hard as she could. While trying to put on an innocent face.

Zoey: I would call you a pedophile but you're probably closer to a dildo. You put on the idea of being some scary violating dick but it's all just an image in the end. You only pretend to be a dick but don't really have the balls to pull it off.

Bert: Oh I'll show you balls you bitch.

He stormed in the cell ready to beat her with a crowbar. She managed to duck the first swing. But she was taken off guard by how quickly he could wind up another. As she was knocked to the ground he had pulled out a taser.

Bert: Thought I was dumb and slow did you. And since you wanted it so bad I'll give it to you.

He thrusted the taser at her. She instinctivly blocked it with her hands. And before Bert knew it. He found his taser was already out of power. He noticed the silver blue metal covering her hands.

Bert: Hey . . . What's up with your skin. And I thought you had black hair not white . . . Oh Shit! You're a- dadddaddaddaddaddaaaauuuuhhhhh . . . . .

In his confusion she had stabbed him in the shoulder and ended up being electroctuted. It was still the level of a taser but it was enough to stun him. As he lay there on the ground, Zoey kicked him in the gut just to add further injury.

Zoey: Dumbass . . .

Zoey stole the keys off of Bert. It was then she heard the violence from the other cell become extreme. In a panic she rushed over to the other cell. But when she took her first step out of her own cell, she could see blood running out of Daniels cell. And when she looked into it. She saw the victums crucified to the walls. There were three people nailed to the wall. And she found Daniel in the clutches of the most frightening murderer in the city. The Red Raven also had a fourth corpse staked through the heart. She was scared of him but not to a paralysing level. But before she could act, Red Raven threw the corpse he had with him at her. The corpse was heavy and it took her awhile to get the dead man off of her. When she got free, she saw that Red Raven had already left with Daniel leaving only a trail of blood to follow. As she sought to follow the trail, Zoey could hear Bert starting to get back up.

Bert: . . . God fucking damnit . . . Did you . . . just stab my shoulder blade off?

He then noticed the cell door close on him.

Bert: Hey!

Zoey: You can stay in there for awhile you dildo. Bet Spicule would be pissed to see you instead of me.

She left him to deal with his pain. She continued to follow the trail, leading her through the structure. It wouldn't be long before someone realises her escape. Before she exited the prison. A figure caught her eye. A girl who was covered in blood. Her hands were incased in silver blue metal. It also spread across her neck in three fang like patterns on each side. Her hair was untied and chin length. It was pure white and her eyes were colored purple. It didn't take long for her to realise that it was her in the mirror.

________________________________________________________________________

The Conclave were gathering in a building owned by Al Capone. Both sides had arranged for a trade. Al Capone was purchasing some dangerous weaponry. The kind of artillery that could be used to start a war. And in exchange they would trade over a train load of orphans and other homeless, dragged off the streets. Most of Al Capones guards consisted of hired mercenaries. Thomas Al Capone was speaking for the Syndicate and on the other side he met with Johan Gathers. Guarding her was a bald pale and skinny woman who wore the same kind of white coat as Peace did.

Thomas: Been awhile Ms. Gathers. I trust our products are to your liking?

Johan: Baldy tells me that they will work. And you're fine with the armmaments?

Thomas: I can see them from here. Yeah were good on this. Now just as a heads up. Some of the people already have an Ayous in them so be careful of that. We marked them so you can tell which ones too keep an eye out for.

Johan: That kind of shit I leave to my employers. Now lets get this over with.

Thomas: Of course.

He turns to a small radio in his ear.

Thomas: Captain, how's our status?

Merc Captain: All is clear so far sir. Most of the shipment is loaded. I'm just waiting for the patrol to report back in.

Thomas: How long will that take.

Merc Captain: Shouldn't be more then a few minutes. However two of my squads haven't reported in.

Thomas: Did you call them?

Merc Captain: I did that just before you called me sir. So far nothing but static.

Thomas: Hmm. Switch to high alert. And keep me posted.

Merc Captain: Will do sir.

Johan: Sounds like the freaks are comming around. I'll take the first load of un-desirables and leave the monsters to you.

Thomas: Oh yeah of course. Let us deal with them ourselves.

Johan: Don't get smart with me fat man. I'll leave you with Crusade here. The Reavers will help deal with this little problem.

Merc Captain: Sir.

Thomas: What is it?

Merc Captain: We got incomming. My teams are getting several reports of attacks.

Thomas: Already?! Can't you guys deal with a few freaks or two?!

Merc Captain: They're attacking from a distance. And based on the attack patterns it suggests to me that it's a diversion. Can't confirm they're numbers.

Thomas: Well Commissioner. Seems like we have a problem about your escape.

Johan: You should hire a better mercenaries.

Thomas: That's not it. Regular Dayon don't ally like this or use battle tactics. And there's only one group down here bat shit insane enough to challenge Al Capone.

Johan: A traitor then?

Thomas: No one snitched. Devil Scar moves fast down here.

Johan: Crusade, can you tell how many are out there?

Crusade: I can see several corrupted ones. There are some key Dayon that are acting as leaders. I will send Reavers against them.

Johan: Where are you going?

Crusade: There is a highly dangerous Dayon approaching. It's contamination level is equal to what you call a Class A.

Thomas: That the only one we got to worry about?

Crusade: One other. Peace wanted to evaluate this one. I shall deal with the Class A Dayon.

Crusade flew off towards the rumbling earth. They could see the three headed beast from the distance. It ran through the Merc squads charging head on to the structure.

Thomas: That thing isn't going to stop!

As Zorn approached. He was intercepted by Crusade. She forced him down with little more than her mind.

Crusade: To think that you could fall to such a hideous level of exsistance. Oh well. It is my mission to purge the fallen.

In her hand a sphere of bright green energy was forming. But as it was charging. Crusade was nearly hit by a teal shot.

Nova: Becareful Alice. This is a-another Advent. This one is capable of concentrating photons.

Crusade: Hmm . . . Yes, you are the one Peace wanted me to evaluate. I was informed you had two minds in you. But I cannot see your thoughts very well . . . You couldn't have climbed to a point to resist us this quickly. No . . . There is a contamination mildly weakening you. You were damaged by an unnatural force.

She was ambushed by Spicule. He had her arms pinned from behind.

Spicule: Hi there! How are you?

He was about to stab her in the neck when an unseen attack pushed him away.

Crusade: This is strange. I did not see you until now . . . You. You are the source of the poison that blocks our sight.

Spicule: Oh well I am so fucking sorry you can't use basic eye sight like us mere mortals.

She tried to bind him with a psionic grasp. But she was shocked to see him struggle free of it.

Alice: How can he just slip passed mind over matter?

Nova: Even in human form. This Dayon generates a personal EMP field.

Alice: So even Reavers aren't good with nuclear energy.

Nova: Both aspects of Fallout can interfear with psionic phenomenon. And the radiation contaminating you from before can also be used to your advantage.

Alice: Guess I'll have to make due.

They could here several sqards of mercs charging in. They even had several tanks with them. They even had a few Apostles supporting them.

Spicule: Hey Zorn! Go get em!

On command Zorn began charging at the oncomming mercenaries. Crusade was considering persuing him but Spicule made it very clear that he was the bigger threat.

Spicule: Hey no one likes those who abuse animals.

End Notes:

I will hoestly admit that I am actually trying to get through this part as best as I can. I will understand if there is difficulty with following the plot because I am having a hard time myself trying to think about how to make this work. At one point I think I;ll ask a friend to give me a hand with editing this.

Chapter 17: The Brothers Quarrel by FleetingMoment
Author's Notes:

Class S Dayon: Was only updates in recent months. Outside of the cities there are Dayon that make even class A look like a rag doll. They are nicknamed the Devils and often are given a code name from the Devil of a religion (Lucifer, Satan, Mephistopheles, Asmodeus, etc). They are more then just savage beasts as they are capable of thinking and communication. But for the most part consider themselves as a transendant form of life and only speak to others on a whim. They are incapable of taking on a human form may have even forgotten they were once human themselves. Class S would only consider an Advent Ranked Reaver to be a true threat. Because of the planets inability to support a creature 3000+ feet in diameter, they have evolved a biological core to sustain themselves. While other Dayon evolve a trait that relies on elements (Puriotic Table Elements, Not Fire, Earth, Wind & Water) or compounds. Class S are capable of using energy similar to Reavers (although usually a very unnatural with high polluting effects.)

Spicule has defied all the noticable traits of a Class S Dayon, with the only exception being his Nuclear Core.

                Because of the nuclear energy from Spicule. Crusade was unable to get a strong psionic grasp on him or Alice. But the debris around them was still vulnerable. Crusade was capable of manipulating Photons allowing her to create a hard light shield. Even the explosion from Alice's shots wasn't pushing her around. But for the most part she was playing the disctraction since she was convinced that the Advent Reavers wern't going to take her too seriously. Keeping an eye on Spicule was a problem since Crusade was unable to verify his location other then with human visibility.

Alice: Is there any way I can break that shield?

Nova: Currently we do not have the function to penetrate the Advent's defensive abilities. However the hardlight shield does not cover Crusades body completely.

They continud there battle. Although Spicule can come out of nowhere, Alice was the one who had to take the front of Crusades attacks.

Crusade: You certainly are an irregular. Peace could not confirm what you were either. But so far you seem to be only immitating us. Most of your actions are instinctive. Not yet foresightful.

Alice: I guess that means I fail you're evaluations then. That's fine by me.

Crusade: I have made my first evaluation. We will need a command to determine it's fate.

Alice: Who is she talking to?

Nova: I cannot intercept the connection. I can only confirm that there is a long distance communication between Crusade an an unknown entity.

Spicule on the other hand had no intention of waiting. He took out his FN-P90 and began shooting at Crusade from the side. A couple bullets hit her arm before she moved her shield.

Spicule: See ladies. This is why you don't make a long distance call when there's a nut job with a gun in the area.

Crusade retaliated with a sqall of photon spears. It was unclear if Crusade even valued the bullet wounds as injuries. When she couldn't lift her arm she seemed puzzled. Using her other hand she drew out the bullets from the wound.

Crusade: I will need to repair this vassal once I am done here.

________________________________________________________________________

Far from the battlefield there were several structures that had Devil Scar members giving long ranged support. Brian was assigned to an active smelting plant. Vomer had all the snipers scattered about in order to cover multiple angles and make it difficult to track trajectories. Brian was fortunate that they left him unattended. He tried contacting Todd about the surroundings by radio.

Todd: We can't stay on this frequency for too long so lets make this quick.

Brian: Gotcha . . . You're on the team rescuing the human captives right?

Todd: Yeah. Pat's probably in there with them . . . I wish we didn't have to do this but the only thing we can do for him is put him down. If he's still down then I'll end him myself. If I fuck up then try to stop him before he goes full Reaver.

Brian: Sure. I'm also going try and get a cheap shot at Spicule while he's fighting with that other Reaver. If you don't think you can get Pat then call me again in advance.

Todd: I hear you. But do you think you can take Spicule out?

Brian: No . . . For all I know this asshole has the foresight of a fucking time lord. Either that or I'd just be that predictable.

Todd: Might as well try. Over and out.

Brian had trouble trying to find Spicule in the battle. He could see Alice and Crusade but he needed his first chot to be for Spicule. As time continued, Brian could here the chatter on the radio. Some of the other Devil Scar members noticed two VIP's exit the structure. Commissioner Gathers was already close to the elevator shaft. Where as Thomas Al Capone was still a good distance away. With Raubtier tearing up their front forces and the other teams flanking the trade groups. There was little chance of salvaging the deal.

Spicule: The fat mans making a run for it? Oh goody.

He finally stood still giving Brian his opening.

Spicule: Say girl, I gotta run and go make some middle aged Al Capone bastard cry. Have fun with what's her face over there.

Alice: Seriously?!

As he left to chase after Thomas. Brian kept him in his sights. He was no longer taking cover or using gurella tactics.

Brian: Finally . . . Keep running straight like that. I'll end this with one shot.

He steadied his aim. But just as he pulled the trigger. He felt his rifle get pulled up.

Hive: You, will, not, hurt, Spicule.

Brian felt his hands and legs getting binded by webs. His hands were tierd to his rifle.

Brian: Oh not this fucking bullshit again.

Hive: The, bad, person, takes, too, much, joy, with, guns.

Brian: You know my name asshole.

Hive: Spicule, is, the, revolution. Hive, will, not, let, you hurt, Spicule. Punishment, is, needed.

Brian: Tch. Do your worst. I got nothing to lose.

Hive: The, other, will, pay, the, price. Alice, will, suffer, because, of you.

He could feel the webs aiming his anti tank rifle towards Alice.

Brian: Hey what the hell? Spicule never told you to kill her.

Hive: She, will, not, die. But, you, will, betray, her. Just, like, you, betray, you're, friends.

Brian: . . . You really think I'm an idiot don't you.

He broke free from the webs. Putting up his rifle he startled Hive. Hive began climbing on his webs only to notice them getting weak.

Brian: Surprise Hive.

Hive: Impossible . . .

Brian: When I get the chance, I'm going to take Spicule out. That's what you heard from me right?

Hive: You, lied . . .

Brian: You're own damn fault. You who hold such a grudge towards me trusted the words I said.

Hive: Why, aren't, they, working?

Brian: Just something I picked up. You're webs may be tougher then an actual spiders but they disolve in a water based solution all the same so I took time to rig the sprinkler system to release a mist instead. I had plenty of practice fighting in you're kind of environment. But this time you're in an area I had time to set up. And don't expect to tranq me with those things either. I always keep adrenaline with me ready. You were the one that I was after. Simon.

Hive: That's, not, my, name . . . You, killed, him.

Brian: I will admit little brother. I did fail you back then. And now I want to make ammens. But let me make one thing clear you little twerp. I'll do it on MY terms, not yours. You ain't mad at Alice or anyone who I associate with. I'm the one you want so no more running. No hide and seek. You and me. We'll settle this face to face. You want revenge then bring it Simon.

He then opened fire at one of Hives legs. unlike his pistol. The anti-tank rifle he got from Vomer was much more effective at damaging Dayon. Hive would retaliate with more webs on instinct but because of the mist in the steel mill. They were breaking down too fast. It also made it hard to walk along the walls or keep his balance. He was forced to switch between Human and Dayon form. A class D certainly can revert alot faster but even Hive can't change at the speed that Spicule could. As their skirmish continued they were battling along the catwalks. They had to be careful because below was bioling steel being smelted by automated machines.

Hive: You, . . . all, your, fault. Are, you going, to kill me, like before?

Brian: Simon . . . I didn't abandon you that day. I said I failed. That doesn't mean I didn't try. I can apologies but it wouldn't even phase you.

Hive: Stop, calling me Simon! My name, is Hive now. Accidental or intentional. You left me to my fate. Spicule was there when you were not.

Brian: And he became the brother you wish you had. Not a day has gone by that I haven't hated myself for it. But you know what. I wasn't going to just spend my life dwelling on it. Just because I was in the mid level doesn't mean I had it easy either. So tell me about all the others you took. How many actually were recruited by Spicule? I heard from Todd that Pat went Reaver instead. And then there's the ones you didn't tell Spicule about.

Hive: What about them . . . They deserved it-

Brian: They had NOTHING to do with your pain! Nothing! And you killed them all the same. You suck at revenge Simone. And to be fair you're not that powerful as a Dayon either. Sounds more like you were clinging on to Spicule instead of being at his side.

Hive: Shut it . . .

Brian: You know I was surprised when I first met him as well. We expected some typical mob boss and instead he was alot more complex then that. You know I think he actually trusts you . . . I wonder. If you hadn't interupted me. Would I have been able to kill him? He was fully aware about where I was positioned.

Hive tried swinging one of his legs against him. But even Brian had enough resolve to hold it back.

Brian: I'm sorry that I wasn't able to save you. I want to make amens for my actions. And I have been doing just that. And I will be doing that for the rest of my life.

Hive seemed disheartened and angry at the same time.

Hive: You . . . really think, you can make, amens this way?

Brian: Certainly better than your alternative. You can keep me in a box and stab me just to keep me in pain every single day for eternity. Or hurt as many other people that you can reach but you're not fixing anything. Yoo'll be just as miserable the next day as you were the last. You cry about it. You learn from it. You move on.

Hive: Move on to what?! You're not, a freak like me. It's not like I can go up and take on a new leaf. You're still human!

Brian: I don't expect you to get it right now. But one way or another. You're going to answer for the crimes you commited. We both will.

He held out his hand for a moment.

Hive: ?

Brian: No matter what you choose. I'll make sure you face your own sins like me. Even if I have to drag your ass out of here.

Hive: Right . . . You became, an aprentice policeman. Of course you, would do this, as a lawful man. Must be easy to, put on a blue coat.

Brian: You have no idea how hard it was for me to do that.

Hive began to slowly approach Brian. He seemed like he was considering what Brian said.

Hive: You . . . a police officer. They made you soft.

He then launched a stinger at brian. He fell off his feet onto the catwalk.

Hive: If that, was the you, before you became, a cop. You wouldn't have, given me that, chance. Make, amens your own way. I didn't try, to kill you, because of that. I said, Spicule would bring a, revolution. I can forgive you brother. But not this world. How did we get into, this situation, in te first, place?

Hive then pinned Brian to the catwalk with his legs.

Hive: You tried to prove you could change. But look at this world that you're changing for.

Brian: Simon . . . You're bleeding.

Blood was dripping from Hives mouth. It was clear that the problem was from his throat.

Hive: Yes. You see brother. All of us Dayon have a defect. That is why I don't speak clearly like this. While those things topside live in ignorance of us. I want them to suffer. I want them to taste thre anguish that we suffered. I don't want what's right. Just what's fair.

Hive then offered his hand to Brian instead.

Hive: Join Devil Scar. Convince your friends there to do the same. We can be brothers again.

There was a pause for a moment. But before Brian could answer, they began to hear a voice in the distance. At first it was faint. But little by little it became clear. The hard part was where it was comming from.

???: We are brothers by blood, and my love does flood. The thoughts of yesterday, Two children fast at play.

The poetry was followed up by a horrable grinding noise. The part of the catwalk behind Brian was destroyed. The brothers began to feel a sense of dread when they saw what destroyed the exit behind them. Massive nails ripped apart the path behind them. They turned to the other side to witness him. The monster who torments monsters. Red Raven.

Red Raven: That was the past, and the moment will last. In our dreams time stands still, view the thoughts of yesterday at will.

Hive was more terrified then Brian. The Raven hunts monsters after all. In a panic Hive spun webs towards him. They ended up ensnaring the massive nail in his hands. But he stcuk it to the catwalk and let it spin violently. Hives spider legs were being towed to the nail. He severed the threads but his spider legs were impaled to the catwalk. Brian could tell that his brother was in pain. He was still a little shaky from the stinger but he could manage.

Brian: Hey you. Fuck off. He's my responsibility. There are plenty of Dayon that have done worse.

But his threats were ignored.

Red Raven: Tomorrow will come and I'll be there, with unmessurable amounts of love to share. For now we have our dreams and thoughts, our shoud've and oughts.

Brian opened fire with his pistol. The first two shots were warning shots. But red Raven didn't even flinch to them. He tried aiming for his shoulder instead. And then his gut. For a moment he fell to the ground. But he rose once again. As if he was an immortal, or a zombie. Brian attempted to fire with his rifle instead. But he was struck in the stomache with the head of Ravens nail. And then another nail was pierced through the collar of Brians jacket. He avoided seriously harming Brian and simply nailed him to the wall and out of the way. Hive tried the stinger on Raven when he had the chance. He looked at the large stinger sticking into his chest. And then pulled it out as if it was just a nusance. The poisonous effects of the stinger didn't seem to even get his attention. The Raven retaliated by stabbing his opisthoma into place as well. And soon after he then severed the section of the catwalk that held up hive. It was only hanging by the cables on the ceiling while dangling above melted steel. Red Raven grabbed onto one of the cables. And then cut the two on the far side.

Brian: You crazy son of a bitch.

Brian took off his coat to free himself from the wall as Raven cut another of the cables.

Red Raven: Our Fathers and Mothers, but we are brothers.

Hive could see Brian running towards him. He was speaking the truth about making amens for his failure. But Hive knew that his brother would not be able to hold him up and the weight of the falling catwalk. The nails that pinned him down weren't light either. They reached for eachothers hands. Only for Hive to pull his hand away.

Hive: You're forgiven. And you tried your best this time.

Brian: Simon!!!

Red Raven: We are brothers by blood, and my love does flood.

He severed the last cable beneath from beneath his feet. It almost looked as though Brian was about to jump after his brother. But Red Raven tackled him to the ground. Leaving Hive to perish to his fate. And when Brian came to his feet. Both his brother and Red Raven were gone. One into the metal fire. The other into the shadows.

Brian: I . . . got a second chance . . . and failed again. Red Raven . . . I am going to kill you.

In his despair and rage he wasn't able to hear the radio. From it there was an alert comming from Todd.

Todd: Brian, you there man? . . . . Damn you're probably out of range anyway. I'll have to make this a public alert. All hells breaking lose with the caged people. We freed several of them but one of them just turned Reaver. Formerly my friend Pat. And this ones pretty fucking mean. He's making a move on Spicules team!

End Notes:

I apologies for the delay. And I also must apologies for the rocky writing right now. I am kind of trying to clear the second arc so I can move on with the story. I have a friend who might be able to go through my current work and help with editing so that these parts become more clear.

DISCLAIMER: The poetry is not of my own creation. The challenge I have for myself is to find really old poems/nursery rhymes, to portray the character as a poetic murderer instead of just a simple laughing psychotic.

Chapter 18: Plasma Storm by FleetingMoment
Author's Notes:

I might try to create some character profiles later once I have completly established all my primary characters (There really is only 1 - 3 left anyway so don't worry). Granted I don't exactly have the best artistic skills of drawing humans. (Usually a bit easier to create monsters and weapons).

           Several of the mercs were trying to escort their client to the nearest elevator shaft. Little by little, Devil Scar was pushing the Al Capones back. As for the reaver support, they were focusing their attention on Raubtier. Thomas was nearing the shaft. In a stright fight the united forces of Al Capone and the Conclave would have been successful in battle. Spicule's gurella tactics had disoriented the armies. Johan Gathers had already departed, convinced that the deal was ruined.

Merc Captain: We will onl be able to hold against Devil Scar for another thirty minutes.

Thomas: How close are they to the products?

Merc Captain: Most of my forces are near the Conclaves supplies. But I have lost all contact with the trucks that you brought in.

Thomas: Well this turned to shit really fast. Have what's left of your forces secure the weapons and combat vehicles.

Merc Captain: Understood. However we may need to use those same vehicles to beak through the lines.

Thomas: Fine give your men the all clear. . . At least we got the bulk. I don't care if the Conclave loses the bastards they bought anyway. It beats meating my mother with nothing to show for it.

Merc Captain: All forces regroup to point delta. We have been authorised to use the heavy ordanance to break through the enemy lines. Move to the secondary extraction point and avoid the Class A Dayon at all cost. Repeat to do not engage the Class A.

The group was just moments away from the elevator. There were only six others escorting Thomas Al Capone. As they began to input their codes. Two of the men from behind were struck with several burst rounds.

Merc Captain: Open fire! Defend the V.I.P.

They returned fire. But they could not confirm the enemies location. From behind on of the soldiers. Spicule took hold of a human shield, slaying two more men before his man died. He kicked his hostage at the last soldier firing bullets through them both. The Captain and Spicule were then locked in C.Q.C. The Captain managed to push Spicule away and then aimed his assult rifle. But he was unable to fire. Spicule had a metal bit in his hand. When the Captain checked his rifle, he discovered the the safety was switched on and then broken off. He then holstered his own weapon.

Spicule: C'mon cap. We're not rookies of war.

Thomas: Captain take him down now- . . . wait. Have I seen your face before?

Spicule: I think you have.

Thomas: Oh my god . . . You're Jamaal Zaxz!

Spicule: Oh my god . . . You're fatter then ever! Hi Thomas, how are you.

Merc Captain: Sir evac now. I'll hold him as long as possible.

He pulled out a combat knife and they began to clash knives with one another.

Merc Captain: That knife . . . You can't be . . . The Rider of Famine.

Spicule: Oh ho. Someones been studying military history. Meet my Steed. I called it Starvation. (He refers to his Knife)

They continued to clash blades. But eventually the Captain's combat knife was broken against the edge of Starvation. Thomas tried to make a run for it but Spicule shot several rounds into his legs.

Thomas: Ghaaa . . .! You son of a whore!

Spicule: Careful now. You don't wanna piss off an insane man.

He had the Captain pinned and made sure Thomas wasn't going anywhere. He made a call to one of his attack teams.

Spicule: Hey Figment, how goes the gun raid?

Figment: Most of the kids are safe. But these mercs are making a run with the heavy weapons. I can catch a few but not all of them. Any orders?

Spicule: Hold that thought for a moment. Hey Captain. How about you and your crew take a hike.

Merc Captain: What do you mean?

Spicule: I got no reason to kill hired guns unless they shoot first. You can go and deliver the goods to your client and you're missions fine right? Of course I'm taking the fat man.

Merc Captain: He's the V.I.P.

Spicule: No he's a representative. Gina Al Capone's your client. Tell you're boys to go finish what you were told to.

Thomas: Don't you dare turn traitor on me. The Al Capone's do not forgive betrayal.

Spicule: Oh so Gina has developed a heart since I last met her? That's news to me.

Merc: . . . All forces fall back. Were finishing our contract.

Thomas: You mother fucker!

Spicule: Figment, leave what's left behind. Whatever you managed to snag is good enough. I heard from Todd there that all hells breaking loose. Regroup with Bruiser and help out the last of the orphans.

Figment: Fine by me. But you sure this is all the damage you want to do?

Spicule: Plans never turn out exactly the way you want them to. This also will damage the standard with the Conclave. Call me if anything else comes up.

He turned off communication with Figment.

Spicule: Oh and do me a favor Captain. Please give this letter to Gina Al Capone. Doesn't have to be her in person. And don't worry about you're reputation being damaged. You did the work you were asked to. Thomas's life is not part of the contract.

Merc Captain: . . . Understood.

Thomas: Wait don't just ditch me you asshole-

But he was punched in the throat by Spicule.

Spicule: Oh calm your tits fatty. I'm sure you don't really want to see your mom. I mean you just fucked up real bad. Frankly I'm the lesser of two evils here. Now please don't eat the garbage on the ground. You'll probably loose weight.

The Captain parted ways while Spicule dragged Thomas along the ground kicking and screaming.

________________________________________________________________________

Alice was struggling with Crusade. She had yet to find a way past the hard light shield that was being projected. Even though the radiation from Spicules attacks made her temporarily resistant to psionic attacks. Crusade could easily manipulate the surroundings.

Alice: Nova, can I still control my shots even if I miss?

Nova: I am uncertain but if they are within close proximity I might be able to maintain control over their vectors. Even with my aid, do you believe that you can calculate them?

Alice: Last time I saw Bianca, she made you capable of scanning things from a distance. I am kind of testing a theory here but I might be able to do something new.

Nova: Very well. I will do what I can.

She then started firing several exploding shots around Crusade. The Advent put up the hard light wall in front of her but all the shots went right past her.

Crusade: What are you doing?

Alice: Just trying something.

Alice pulled back her fists as though she was pulling something. From behind there was all the shots she had fired. Comming back at Crusade from multiple trajectories. The flaw with the Shield Peace used was that it doesn't block out the shock of the attack. Crusades flaw was that the hard light wall does not cover her entire body. She blocked the shots comming from behind. As for the ones comming in front she split her wall in two to deflect the ones comming in front. Alice noticed that splitting the shield also halves it's durability. It was still enough to block her shots from the front and the back but there were still ones comming from the sides. Instead crusade used the debris orbiting her to block the blasts. While most of the damage from the sides was intercepted there was still some damage from the broken debris. Crusade retaliated with hardlight spears. She casted them directly toawrds Alice. After she dodged the first wave. The spears began firing pure light needles towards her new location until the spear was completely consumed. She tried the shockwave to deflect them. There were still several that got through. They didn't hurt her that bad but the Novon armor wasn't going to be too reliable to stop the damage.

Crusade: Interesting. Perhapse my original evaluation was at fault.

Alice found herself between two buildings. And Crusade put them to use. She began forcing the ruined scyscrapers to close in on her. Alice held them both back. But struggled to keep herself from being crushed. As she was pinned. Crusade then began forming another hardlight spear. It looked tougher then the other ones.

Crusade: I shall see if you are worthy.

Alice: Can I block that attack Nova?

Nova: Density of photons is too hard. Evasion required.

It was easier said then done. The only other idea would be to try and kick it away. Just before Crusade casted her spear. They could hear large foot steps comming from the side. Zorn retunred and mauled the two buildings. There was an almost silvery flare like explosion from his claws. As her hands were now free she grabbed the spear from the sides. The force was dragging her across the ground. Alice put everything she had into changing it's trajectory. She was successful in sending it back at Crusade. She put up another hardlight shield to stop it. The spear made it halfway through the shield almost hitting her. Both the spear and shield were craking against one another. Alice was trying to catch her breath for a moment. She could hear Raubtier aproach her. He began sniffing her just like an actual canine.

Nova: I do not detect any hostility from the Class A Dayon.

Zorn had the look of a dogs loyalty in his eyes. He only ever called Spicule master so him helping another might have been too much to expect. He must be able to smell the left over fallout. Did Spicule hit her with all those attacks so Zorn would see her as a friend? Either way he turned his attention to Crusade and began to bark violently. From his mouths came a similar silvery flare being fired at her. Crusade began to dodge the blasts.

Nova: I detect several elements from Zorn attacks. Neon gas, Nitroglyserin Sodium cloride, and an unidentified compound.

Alice: Even salt?

Nova: The unknown compound may very well be enhancing it's corrosive effects. Even fortified metal can rust at a visible rate.

Zorn was like a walking dreadnaught. But against a single highspeed flying target such as Crusade, the attacks were wasted on the terrain.

Crusade: Insolent beast.

She took hold of Raubtier with her mind. Slowly bending a three hundread foot creature in painful ways. Alice could hear the whimpering. It was a heart breaking sound that she didn't want to listen to. She charged at Crusade trying to take her attention from Zorn. Almost close enough to strike her Alice took out the energy blades. Crusade reacted trying to recast the shield. At the moment Crusade had to focus on Alice.

Crusade: Why are you fighting for something so contaminated? You are no longer a simple mortal.

Alice: He helped me so I'll help him. And I still haven't lost my conscience.

Crusade: Conscience?

Alice: Don't bother trying to understand.

________________________________________________________________________

Zoey had spent the last couple of hours trying to track the blood trail left by Red Raven. She was still struggling with the constant shifting of her appearance. There was no true way to confirm that Daniel was dead or not. The trail began to lead her downwards. She could hear the battle from the distance. The one figure she could make out was the three headed wolf, Raubtier. Up ahead was the trucks that once held many orphans. Zoey took cover when she saw the other Devil Scar memebers wandering about. Several of them were injured. And by accident one of them noticed her.

Todd: Who's there?

He paused to avoid reacting too strongly.

Bruiser: What did you find?

Todd: Just some garbage rolling around.

Bruiser: Go have a look. I don't want any leftover Mercs trying to take a cheap shot. Especially when that Reaver just wrecked our guys.

Todd did as he was told waving Zoey to follow him. They made some distance before talking. Todd was a little winded from the Reaver.

Todd: So how did you escape?

Zoey: You know that guy Bert?

Todd: Oh him. Say no more. I can guess everything?

Zoey: Then I got to get going again. Can you help me around those guys?

Todd: What for?

Zoey: I was following that trail of blood. And Daniels in trouble.

Todd: Do you think he's still alive if there's a trail of blood?

Zoey: I didn't see any nails in him before.

Todd: Nails! ok fuck that. He's dead for sure.

Zoey: No he's not. This isn't even his blood.

Todd: You do realise this is Red Raven we're talking about. Have you ever seen a single event where everyone's not nailed to the wall.

Zoey: . . . Yes he doesn't hesitate to kill. And he didn't kill Daniel right off the bat. I don't know why though.

Todd: Ok well I'll try to help. Not sure how far I can go with you though.

Bruiser: That won't be a problem anymore kids.

They looked up to see Bruiser in his Dayon form. He was about fifty feet tall and had a stone like body. There were open holes along his arms and legs. Almost like large symetrical pours. He reached for the two of them. Todd reacted fast and made a run for it with Zoey.

Bruiser: We got a prisoner on the loose boys. Never did trust that guy.

________________________________________________________________________

Having Zorn on her side made it a lot easier to deal with Crusade. The only methode she had at the moment was to have as many attacks all at once to bypass her shield. Spicule made a return with Thomas being toed. He kicked Thomas down the sloaps and then got Crusades attention.

Spicule: Look at who I just got my hands on.

Crusade: And the other one?

Spicule: The fat cop? Oh she took off awhile ago. At this point I think you're just wasting your time with these fat people.

Crusade: Perhapse you are correct. I have long since finished my evaluation with the irregular one. I shall- . . .

Crusade turned her head. Something caught her attention.

Crusade: This does not make any sense. There is only need of three Advents. Why has another crossed over.

From the distance they could see a flaming figure in the distance. There were several others flying around it just like an Advent Reaver. When he stopped they could identify the body. It appeared to be Pat, but based on his abilites. It was clear that he had been taken by an Ayous. Several of the people he was holding with his mind were both Devil Scar members and what was left of the Al Capones dealers.

Crusade: You were not assigned to this world. Identify yourself.

Vigilance: Advent Vigilance. I have come to investigate this world. You are assigned to this world. State your status and situation.

Crusade: Advent Crusade. There should be no need for an investigator. Three is enough to manage The Cradle.

Vigilance: I have struggled to cross over to this world. And now that I am here I find multiple errors. There is a great abundance of contaminated ones. The life forms of this world are not yet ready to host us.

Crusade: Cradle has not approved of an investigator. As I am assigned to this world. I must follow the will of Cradle.

Vigilance: Very well then. I shall go to this worlds Cradle to identify the reason for the delays. However there is an irregular that has not been purged. Why have you allowed it to live?

They were refering to Alice.

Vigilance: I cannot see the irregulars path. You are aware of it's exsistance and yet you have not purged it. Regardless of the commands of Cradle, such a being is never allowed to exsist. Immediate purging is required.

Crusade: I have been commanded to evaluate the irregular.

Vigilance: Unacceptable. Irregulars are to be purged without question.

He began to gather more of that same power from before.

Nova: Dangerous levels of Plasma detected.

Vigilance rushed towards Alice with multiple balls of concentrated plasma. As they were about to make contact, Crusade raised another shield and protected her.

Vigilance: What is the meaning of this.

Crusade: Cradle has commanded me to evaluate this irregular. I must comply.

Vigilance: Is this why it has taken me this long to cross over?!

He fired a constant stream of plasma against crusades shield. It appeared that it was starting to break from Vigilance's constant attacks. Alice was witnessing a battle between two Advents. The ground itself trembled from their clashes alone. Crusade was battling on a completly different level than before.

Nova: We should retreat for now. They are not threats we can deal with at this time.

Alice: . . .

Nova: I do not mean any discouragment. You actually did quite well with what the Advent had previously displayed.

Alice: Is this . . . what these Reavers are expecting of me?

Nova: What do you mean?

Alice: They don't even recognize what's around them. As if everything is just that beneath them . . .

Nova: I do not have any data on the Ayous's motives or beliefs.

Alice: This power they display is probably the reason why Crusade didn't take me on seriously. Peace also was very precise in his actions.

Spicule: Don't give them that much credit girl.

She found Spicule approaching her. He was still tossing around Thomas.

Spicule: Things like that are too pleased to use god-like powers. Take a closer look.

As she observed Vigilance she began to notice that his body was becoming flimsy. His legs didn't seem to be capable of moving on their own anymore.

Spicule: That one's so arrogant that it forgot that us mere mortals have a breaking point.

After Vigilance unleashed another steady stream of plasma. His left arm began to burn up as a side effect.

Crusade: Your host is crumbling Vigilance.

Vigilance: These life forms should have been more capable than this by now. What have you three been doing all this time?

Crusade: I am prohibited from answering your question. Cradle has not yet approved of the investigator as of yet.

The body that was formerly Pat was slowly lowering to the ground. Little by little the body was turning to ash.

Crusade: I shall return you to the other side for now. Please await our Cradles summon.

There was a sphere of photons surrounding Vigilance's host. The light became more intense. Whatever Crusade was doing exactly. Spicule had no interest in allowing it. He charged at Crusade firing multiple rounds. With one hand on on her current job. She turned her left hand to shield herself from the bullet rounds. When Spicule got close he partially transformed and brought out his tail. The second the tail tip hit the shield. It shattered like glass and pressed on through. The tail tip ruptured her arm

Crusade: Impossible!

Vigilance: You have even allowed this level of corruption unchecked.

Spicule: Yeah, hurts like a bitch doesn't it.

Crusade was down an arm and made an retreated. He then turned his attention to Vigilance.

Spicule: Let me be the first to welcome you to our world. What do you think?

Vigilance: I must discover what has happened to Cradle. There are too many threats to ignore in this world and- . . . Wait what is this?

He turned his attention to the ground.

Vigilance: I sense. Another beneath this worlds surface.

For a moment he began to fly again only to come back down. He ripped open the earth brining down Spicule, Alice, Thomas and the mixture of Devil Scar and Al Capone that Vigilance previously carried. As they began to come to from the shock they saw Vigilance struggling to move. Something was aggitating him.

Vigilance: This host cannot carry me much farther. Even if I find the unknown, I will be ill prepared for it.

He turned his attention to Alice and Spicule.

Vigilance: I will return to purge you corrupted one. As well as you irregular . . . I have another host I can use. I will ask of your names only once.

Spicule: Really? Awesome. I'm simply a lacky. My leader is right here, Alice Vermire.

Alice: What?!

Vigilance: I will remeber you then Alice Vermire.

In his last words his body began to turn completly to ash. Leaving nothing but a burnt sleleton behind.

End Notes:

God I have to either figure out how to draw or hire an artist. Because words are so difficult to describe the story in my head. Once I finally finish this story. I'm going to have to take an editor to the whole thing. If anyone doesn't understand what's happening. Please by all means ask me and I'll try my best to explain better.

I really want to get the story itself out of my head before I do any serious editing. I just got to get past this part above all else.

Chapter 19: . . . RUN! . . . by FleetingMoment
Author's Notes:

Apologies about the long wait. Had to do some thinking about this nex part. There is a possibility that I will redo this part. Granted I will probably edit the whole thing once I finally finish it. And completion of this story is something I really do want to do so if anyone feels as though I have quit then there is no need to fret.

                       High in the upper level. Many of the aristocrats, buisness owners and other privileged citizens were celebrating the completion of the Spire. An Orbital Elevator that would allow easy access to outer space. In the community hall Arch Bishop Eleazar hosted the party. The one that got everyone's attention the most however was Davil Blaine.

Eleazar: I would like to thank all of those that contributed to the construction of the Spire. To be honest I did not even believe that I would live long enough to witness it's completion. But I assure you it will be well worth the effort.

The audience clapped their hands.

Eleazar: Now I believe I shall get to the questions. The most common one of course that many of you would ask is the benifit to the Spire. There are many details to it so I will get to the basics. There is much raw material orbiting the earth since the Nuclear Holocaust. With the Spire you will all be able to collect all that you can find without needing to waste billions for rocket launches and shutles. The Conclave will harvest any material that you wish and will begin further trade. Of course for those who had invested in the Spire will get the first train loads for free. It also will allow a much faster production of A - Cells. For any who wish to see the specifics are welcome to read about it in the public data base. Any other questions?

Buisnessman: Is this city the only one with a Spire?

Eleazar: For the time being yes. Should the Spire plan be a success I will commission to add them to the other cities. Though I doubt I will live long enough to see a second Spire complete.

Journalist: How are you able to have a tower that streaches so high without it tipping over?

Eleazar: That my dear is used by a series of complex devices you may see floating around the Spire itself. It's a delicate matter involving gravity manipulation powered of course by A-Cells. You can find the specifics in the public journal.

Aristocrat: I have an off topic question. Is the bounty for the Red Raven still on-going?

Eleazar: Why yes it is. The reward remains unchanged.

Blaine: Out of curiosity. Why is the bounty on his head so high? We have had terrorists who have caused quite a bit more damage before and they were barely worth a tenth of the bounty.

Eleazar: I assure you Mr. Blaine, that I have thought about this very carefully.

Blaine: Just checking.

Eleazar continued with other questions. Although there were subtle hints in Blains dialogue to suggest that he was actually insulting Eleazar. As the party continued, Blaine began to speak with some of the other upper class.

Noblewoman: Is it true Mr. Blaine that you are technically the father of Ayous Energy?

Blaine: The original A - Cell Prototype was indeed developed by Omenyx. I however cannot say I did it alone. However the rights I had to sell over to The Conclave. Back then Omenyx was not nearly as developed as it is today.

Politician: And now it's the most critical form of energy today. It even stopped some companies from all that fossle fuel consumption. Too bad you couldn't hang onto it.

Blaine: It had been a long time since then. I have no intention of rying to get it back now anyway. Now then if you excuse me. I have a meeting with a very important person.

As they continued the discussion they could see two large men in full tuxedo's approach them.

Polly: Excuse me Mr. Blaine but may we barrow you for a moment? Ms. Al'Capone would like to see you in private.

The others paused when they heard that name. Blaine however maintained his composure.

Blaine: The great Gina Al'Capone wants to donate some of her time? Very well then. It would be rude of me to pass it up now. If anyone asks for me. Please let them know that I'll be back in about ten minutes.

They walked into a private room. There was a small table. Before him was Gina Al'Capone along with two more brutes dresse up.

Blaine: It's been awhile Gran Gran.

Gina: Do you know what happened to the last person who called me that?

Blaine: You mean me or the one before? Either way I still seem to be in one piece.

Gina: Charming as always. Frankly I feel kind of sorry for you. What with Eleazar trying to absorb your company.

Blaine: If he does, then he'll realize too late that it was poison.

Gina: Well if you ask nicely then I could help with that.

Blaine: I am sure you would. Now is there anything special I can help you with?

She got up and began to stare out the window.

Gina: Basically I happen to have a little info on your secret weapon that you made in your basement.

Blaine: Any specific ones? I seem to have several. A couple commissioned last year by you.

Gina: The one that is rediculously Sci-Fi. Dayon are dropping like flies lately and not because of a masked freak. Now don't tell me that you haven't put two and two together yet.

Blaine: I have been suspecting Ms. Vermire for awhile now.

Gina: Then you know that I am going to get that little project of yours. So basically this is a threat.

Blaine: Either get out of the way or I lose everything I have I take it.

Gina: You can't fight all of Al'Capone yourself and you know that.

Blaine: Your greed is legendary Ms. Al'Capone. However I do not wish to lose such a creation like I did with the A - -Cell. So I think it's only fitting that I declare war instead.

Gina: So you're going to throw away all you have that easily. I hope you haven't taken a liking to that over developed monster.

Blaine: You know that my tastes are more refined in that. I prefer the older type such as yourself. No I declare war simply because if I don't then you will have no schedule for the month.

Polly: You don't seem to understand your situation Mr. Blaine.

Without warning, two of the brutes picked Blaine out of his seat. Only to have Polly throw several punches to his face. Blaine's expression did not change at all. And to the shock of all but Gina, he was completely uninjured or bruised.

Blaine: You seem to have alot of large men at your disposal Gina.

Gina: You're not the only one who does experimentation.

Blaine: Of course. Mind if I make a little criticism?

Gina: By all means.

Blaine: I believe you put too much effort on their muscle mass. The size is fine but you can stand to put a little more energy on their ability to survive. And a tad more to their hand eye co-ordination. Like so-.

He slipped his hands free  and struck both brutes down without even looking at them or even taking a step.

Polly: You mother-

Gina on the other hand waved him off and gave such a delightful sounding line.

Gina: Polly, you just sit down and shut the fuck up. You could learn something from him you know.

Blaine appears to divert his attention away from Gina. He places his finger on his ear.

Blaine: I see. Issue command protocal "Charon". Admin approval "Blaine".

Gina: What happened? One of you're employees stepped out of line?

Blaine: You could say that. Now then I believe we still have a celebration to attend to.

Gina: You and I both know that the last thing you want to do is spend any more time around these suits and yes men.

Blaine: Well I did make some good donations to the Spire. And I have my own obligations to do. How about you?

Gina: The time frame of an Al'Capone is different from someone like you. If I want something done? It happens. And since you don't seem to interested in my peace offering. I'll just give you this as a warning.

Blaine: May the best person win.

________________________________________________________________________

                              There was a small handful of people climbing back to their feet. They were still shook up from the sinkhole that Vigilance had created.

Alice: Why did you say that I was you're leader?

Spicule: So that he goes for you first instead of me. Besides with any luck you'll kill that one at some point.

She wasn't exactly happy about that but right now it wasn't really worth thinking about. Alice noticed that Spicule had been speaking alot quieter than normal. As the other Devil Scar and Al'Capone members came to their senses they began pointing their weapons at one another. Thomas was still injured from the damage to his leg. Two of his subordinates had to help him up.

Thomas: What are you waiting for?! Kill them all!

They were about to throw down when Spicule tried to avoid the conflict.

Spicule: Keep the noise down idiots. No one fire a single shot.

Alice: I never thought you would be the first to back down from a battle.

Spicule: A lot of you people from the surface don't know this but there's a reason we avoid going into the sewers and the underground.

Thomas: I said kill them. If you're ignoring my own athority fine. . . but do any of you want to piss off Gran Gran?

It was then that something stranger was going on. All of them felt an unexplainable dread in their heart. Thomas then came face to face with the one person he feared most.

Gina?: You really can't do anything right can you.

Thomas: Mother . . . .

Gina?: I give you the simplest of chores to do and just fucked it up.

Thomas: How are you here? I haven't failed yet. The target is right infront of me. I just need a little more time.

Gina?: I'm sure you do. And then when I come you'll tell me the same thing. You do realize I've already taken you're name off of potential heir to the Al'Capone Family.

Thomas: I can fix this. I can fix this.

From Alice's point of view it appeared that he was talking to himself. She began to notice a similar pattern with everyone else that was down here.

Alice: What's going on? Can you see anything unusual Nova?

But she heard nothing.

Alice: Nova . . .?

When she looked around, Alie couldn't find anyone. As if they all dissapeared. Spicule was acting alot more cautious then he normally was. Perhapse this was the reason why.

Sengar?: You . . .

Alice: !?

Sengar?: You killed me . . .

What appeared to be Sengar charged at her. He had her by the throat before flinging her to the ground.

Alice: No . . . This doesn't make any sense.

Anthony?: Fucking with me was the biggest mistake that you have ever done bitch.

Alice: You too. You're not even dead.

Anthony?: We had a good thing going. I just needed someone to releave the stress of being Al'Capone. But you had to push it. It's all your fault that you're down here.

Alice: My fault?

Bianca: I warned you girlfriend. I saw you hear, in this plae. And here is where I stopped seeing you.

The three slowly approached her. And soon after a fourth appeared.

Havinger?: You ruined me. Do you know that? Did you enjoy humiliating me infront of everyone. And to add insult to injury you killed me.

Alice: . . . Yes . . . I did . . .

They all closed in on her with judgmental eyes.

Alice: I never intended to do it.

Havinger?: And you think that gives me my life back?

There was a thought that kept commingback to her. She knew she was guilty of this mans death. But Alice was not guilty of his life. The words that Red Raven had once spoken echoed in her mind. There is no heaven or hell waiting for any of us.

Alice: I'm sorry for your death . . . but I'm not sorry about your life.

She had been trying to tell herself for awhile that this was not real. But now she was straight out trying to reject it.

Alice: You are dead and you're never comming back.

She began to walk towards the group. When they were close enough to harm her. Alice instead walked right through them all.

Alice: You're all just memories.

Spicule: Back from hell aren't you girl.

Alice: Spicule?

Spicule: In the flesh. And for the record. I am no memory.

Alice: Where is everyone else?

Spicule: They're all scattered from the warning attack.

Alice: So it wasn't just me.

Spicule: Come. And try to keep it down. I don't want to get too close to it.

Alice: It?

Spicule: If you see black light comming from any tunnel. You run the fuck away. I also got to find the fat man and hope he's not too loud.

Alice: Why?

Spicule: Was going to use him as a hostage. I got a whole Syndicate to topple.

Alice: What makes you think that they won't just abandon him?

Spicule: Gina puts the advancement of her family before her own personal gain . . . To be fair she hardle ever has to do that but she will if it's needed.

They continued through the tunnels. Spicule was trying to get a response from his subordinates. The comm links were fine but he could only get giberish from them. Alice assumed that they were suffering their own personal hell. They were unaware of what was happening around them and could easily get lost. The Al'Capone men were targeted equally. Eventually they began to recognize Thomas's screams from the others. He was clawing a thick metalic door.

Alice: He's trapped in his own mind. Isn't he.

Spicule: Yeah and he's making too much damn noise.

Alice: I got through it eventually.

Spicule: You were also alot quieter then the fatass. I got an easier way to get him out of that.

He held Thomas down and began choking him. Alice wasn't sure why Spicule was suddenly attacking him.

Alice: What are you doing?!

Spicule: His own brain is being used against him. I'm just slowing air and blood flow to it. Brain starts to slow down and then I do this.

On qeu he let go of Thomas's neck and then struck his gut. Spicule had transformed his hand giving it the nuclear properties. He quickly reverted it back as Thomas reacted to his attack. Thomas was struggliing to regain his breath.

Thomas: *Cough* . . . Wh-What the hell . . .

Spicule: Welcome back to reality fatman. Now do shut up. I don't want you pissing it off.

Thomas: It?

Spicule: Yeah . . . It. Now c'mon before it shows up.

Thomas: I'm not letting you use me as a hostage. You have no idea what Gina would do to me.

Spicule: Trust me the alternative is worse.

He began dragging Thomas by the legs. When Thomas began getting too loud, he simply gave him a blow to the head. Alice had her attention turned to the metalic door however. She felt like there was something important about it. She took notice of the Omenyx logo on the side. It was covered in dust an webs but she could still make it out.

Alice: Have you ever been through this door here?

Spicule: Nope. That door can withstand a nuke. If I had more time I might be able to get through it.

Alice: It was owned by Omenyx at one point . . . I wonder if I can . . .

She tried to touch the security console. Almost as though there was something calling to her. Even if she can't get a response, Nova might be able to open the door. It at first sounded as though the door was accepting her command. The locks began to disengage.

Spicule: Well I'll be damned.

At first things seemed to be going well. Until the door itself began to open. It was increadably rusty leaving a painful screeching sound as it struggled to open. The door stopped trying to open. Spicule had a worried look on hi face and grabbed Alice's hand.

Spicule: Ok funs over. Help me carry fatso here.

He gave her almost no room to argue back. She was forced to help Thomas to his feet. Alice knew that Spicule was a man who laughs in the face of death. Whatever "It" was, it was capable of giving him fear. Nova was still unresponsive. And another problem occured. She found her Novus form to share the same issue. She could hear Spicule trying to order all his men to take the nearest exit out of the underground. But all he heard in return was terrifying screams, followed by static and dead air. They crossed paths with madness driven Al'Capone's and Mercs. They all seemed too interested in fighting with eachother than anything else.

Spicule: Don't stop to help them. They're fucked no matter what.

As they ran past them. Alice could see the black light that Spicule mentioed comming from one of the tunnels. There was no way to confirm what it was because of the angle, but as the light got thicker. She began to feel a sense of dread in her chest. Something horrible was around the corner.

________________________________________________________________________

                     Both Zoey and Todd were trying to make a run for it from Bruiser. Todd was only a class E Dayon. Even if he could fire bolts of concentrated Neon, they weren't very effective against Bruisers stone skin. Bruiser took a swing at Todd sending him flying into debris.

Bruiser: Spicule really gives you kids alot of breathing room. The boss said I can't do any lasting damage to you and I won't. Just make this easy on us both.

Standing in his shadow. Zoey didn't really have many options in dealing with this. But she was getting pretty sick of being abducted and tied up.

Zoey: You feel like a big man now? Must be nice when you can turn into a massive stone monster.

Bruiser: It be a pain in the ass trying to catch a thrashing little gopher. And this form makes it easier to catch you without harming you. The boss needs you alive and I don't plan on betraying him now.

There were some more neon shots being fired to Bruisers right.

Todd: Common you jackass!

He tried to distract Bruiser but in retaliation the mighty golem only raised his arm towards him.

Bruiser: If you survive this, then I'll offer you one last chance to give yourself to Devil Scar.

From the simetrical pours on his stone skin. He launched a burst of black spheres at Todd. Zoey could smell the black smoke. The smell of gun powder. He tried to take cover but was caught by the shock of the explosions instead. Zoey only had one option left. Before he grabbed her she took ahold of a sharp piece of metal from the junk pile. At first she was making attempts to stab his hand.

Bruiser: Kid . . . Stop embarrassing yourself. Seriously, why would you think that you could hurt me with that?

She stopped for a moment. And looked towards the stoned giant.

Zoey: I know that. I'm just messing with you.

Without warning, Zoey stabbed herself through the heart. Coughing and leaving Bruiser stuned.

Bruiser: What . . . What the hell are you doing you suicidal moron?!

Zoey: T-testing . . . a . . . thhhhheeoorryy . . . . .

For a moment she remained still. But in a matter of seconds, she could feel her body begin to resist the death approaching her. The wound began to close along with an intense rush going to her head. She began to feel that intense itch return to her arms. This time they came out as long curved blades. Almost on a flinch she struck Bruiser through his wrists. It pierced through the stone skin like it was made out of brittle chalk. Bruiser through her away shaking his hand. As she got back to her feet, Zoey noticed that there was blood on the blades. Whatever the metal was, she could feel it spreading across her body. She still had a human shape but stood at least 9 feet tall.

Bruiser: Well what do you know . . . You were one of us all along.

Zoey: Bite me.

Bruiser: Fine, well do this the hard way. Not sure what class you are but I bet you're a lot better then that other guy if you can hurt me.

She knew she would have to try and get used to Dayon capabilities quickly. Bruiser had the advantage on her in not just size and strength but experience as well. But she might be able to take advantage of the fact that he's not allowed to do any lasting damage. He fired only two more gunpowder spheres at her. Her only option at the moment was to duck in cover. It was a strange feeling for her to even do that and her legs felt like she was walking on stilts. Bruiser began plowing through the debris and remove the cover. Her plan was to get behind him and maybe do some more effective damage from behind. looking at the blades stretching from her arms she wondered if there was still electricity running through them. There were signs of it but it was at a low level. The best it could do is give a quick jolt. She carefully moved to higher ground just as Bruiser was passing through. She leaped to his back, blades first. Bruiser flintched from the stinging feeling. She began to climb using the blades as mountain climbing hooks while trying to stay in the one place he couldn't reach. Zoey had to move fast as Bruiser began ramming his back to the piles of junk trying to scrape her off his back. She got as close to one of the open holes on his right shoulder and struck her blade in. A small explosion could be heard from the hole in his shoulder. The blast consequently threw her off. She landed on her back and was a little shaken from the shock. This wpuld have beem more sevear if it wasn't for this metal carapace. Bruiser's right hand was shaky from the wound but he could still move.

Bruiser: God . . . That hurt like hell . . . Not bad for a rookie.

Zoey: Wanna keep going?

Bruiser: You're not exactly in good shape yourself are you kid. Still I'd rather stop here. Otherwise I'll have to get serious.

Zoey: Guess taking a loss is better then answering to Spicule isn't it. What about Todd?

Bruiser: Pretty sure he's dead. He was only a Class E after all.

Zoey: To hell with all of you Devil Scar people. I got to go and find a friend of mi-ugghhh

She felt something strike her from behind. Zoey looked around but couldn't see anyone. Another hit followed. Along with a few more. There was someone around but she couldn't see who.

Bruiser: You done your job already?

Figment: Of course. Why the hell are you messing around with this kid?

One of Spicules lieutenants had revealed herself. She had a snake like body and long claw arms to back up. Zoey could see her become less and less transparent.

Figment: What are you doing all the way out here?

Zoey: . . . Looking for my friend. You're doorman was pretty easy to fool.

Figment: Who was incharge of watching the captives?

Bruiser: Hive was assigning jobs for everyone. I think it was Bert.

Figment: Bert?! If we were keeping a sponge that was in cement, he would find away to let it escape! At least you had the excuse of taking on a fellow Dayon.

Zoey: . . . What about the other one . . .?

Figment: Oh, you mean the skinny guy right? Found him on my way back. Speaking of that, we got a problem Bruiser.

Bruiser: What?

Figment: The boy had a nail through his shoulder.

Zoey: Is he-!

Figment: No he ain't dead. He has to be the first person who has survived an encounter with that murdering psycho.

Bruiser: The birds down here?! Ok I'll go regroup with Vomer and try to track him down. Do me a favor and take our new family member back.

Figment: You sure you want to do the harder job with a broken shoulder?

Bruiser: It'll heal. Besides you're faster.

________________________________________________________________________

               Alice and Spicule could still hear something chasing after them. They could hear the screaming from the people behind them. Whatever it was, it wasn't slowing down. They came into another cluster of Devil Scar and Al'Capone members. Most of them were still in their nightmares. They were only halfway through the croud when a massive chilling sensation befell the three of them. They could all feel it. It was their own nightmares trying to resurface. Alice tried resist the mental attacks as best as she could. It wasn't perfect but she was at least able to stay aware of what was happening around her. However this slowed them all down long enough for it. Black light filled the whole chamber. The mental attacks stopped and everyone was now free to gaze upon the terror. Alice slowly turned to look at it. This horrable being that had no definate shape.

Spicule: Don't go too far from me girl.

Alice: . . .What . . . is this . . .?

Spicule: We call it the Abyss.

There was no signs of Nova responding. She could only take Spicules word to describe it. Looking into it was indeed like an Abyss. To make matters worse she could hear voices emminating from it. Something vaguely looking like faces were warped through it it's being. Just the sight alone would stun tthe courage of anyone. And then it made it's first move. Tendrils formed from it, reaching out to the many victims about. Alice felt something trying to draw her towards every part of Abyss. From behind she saw Thomas flying towards one of the tendrils. Spicule tried to grab his hand but missed at the last second.

Spicule: Shit!

Thomas was able to grab Alice's arm as he was going past her. She was able to hold her ground.

Thomas: Please no . . . Help me!!!!!

She saw something happen to Thomas. His hand was getting smaller. The pitch of his voice was getting higher. Before she even had a chance to react he lost his grip and was flying straight into the small bright light of the tendrils. He was shrinking into it, along with everyone else caught in their gaze. They moved to focus on her now. Spicule was fighting against the tug as well.

Nova: Critical. Reason. Error. Adgadent.

Alice: Nova?

The teal circit like vanes covered Alice's body. As if it was trying to protect her from the light of the Abyss. She tried to crawl away from the Abyss, tryng to draw her in. Spicule was now about to be it's next victim. The same shrinking was starting to happen to him as well. But unlike the rest, he was much more confident.

Spicule: Don't move girl.

He immediatly changed into his Dayon form. He kicked the air and flowing from his leg came a fan of raging nuclear fire. His own size returned to normal and the tugging had stopped. The Abyss was being pushed back, trying to resist the fallout. Alice was starting to see static once again from the side effects.

Spicule: Time to go!

He picked her up and ran like hell for the exit. Whenever he started to feel it drawing him into it he retaliated with another blast. Finally they exited the underground catacombs. Once he was certain that the Abyss did not pursuit, he returned to his human form.

Alice: Shouldn't we keep moing . . .?

Spicule: . . . I'm watching our asses. And they should be here any minute.

However he was shocked to see it again. The Abyss began to pursuit them farther than he had expected. Alice was ready to run but instead Spicule had them hide in the debris.

Alice: What are you-

Spicule: Shhhh . . .

It was clear to Alice that hiding did them no good. But Spicule wasn't a fool. He did not have them hide from the Abyss. Flying over their heads she saw the Reavers. They converged on the Abyss.

Spicule: Took him long enough.

Among them was another Reaver wearing an Advent coat.

Alice: Another Advent?

Spicule: Yep. That there is Testament.

Like the others he was bald. But his body wasn't suffering from matabolism failure nearly as much as the others. He began firing dark purple spheres from his hands at the Abyss. The other Reavers began bombarding it with energy blasts as well. There was no signs that theyu were hurting it but they seemed to be driving it off. Alice and Spicule watched from the distance. The Abyss was retreating and the Reavers chased after it into the underground. They took a sigh of relief.

Spicule: Thank god that's over.

Alice: . . .

Spicule: You ok girl?

Alice: I'm alive and still me anyway.

Spicule: That's the first time the Abyss came out that far. Usually it gives up once you get to the surface.

Alice: Because of the Reavers I take it. But why would it turn and run from them. They weren't hurting it either.

Spicule: Couldn't tell you. I never stuck around long enough to study the damn thing . . . And now it took a good number of my crew. And I lost my captive. Oh well.

Alice: . . . What a fool I was.

Spicule: About what?

Alice: Before I was thinking that you had an anti social disorder.

Spicule: Ahhahah. Oh really? What gave you that idea?

She was silent but Spicule could tell.

Spicule: Oh right, with the way I introduced myself. Let me guess whoever aggitates you has an anti social disorder. You trying to be a psychiatrist or something?

Alice: I guess you could say that . . .

Spicule: You're autistic and you had prosthetics in your legs before. Something tells me that you wanting that job was a last resort instead of a dream there girl.

She had nothing in response. Because what he said was true.

Spicule: Heh. Doesn't seem to matter what level of the city you're on. You'll get fucked one way or another. Well I think it's time I honored my end of the deal. Those Reavers will be busy with that thing for awhile so this is a good time.

They finished up their conversation and made there way back to Spicule's camp. After some time had passed they saw Vomer approaching.

Spicule: Vomer old buddy. How are you doing?

Vomer: . . .Bad news . . .

Spicule: I know. We lost alot more then we should have. Raubtier's going to be Dayon for awhile so no one approach him. If he comes to camp I'll take care of him.

Vomer: We also . . . lost another . . . We lost . . . Hive.

Spicule rushed towards Vomer grabbing his bandages. Bringing Vomer down to Spicules face.

Spicule: I swear to god I will kill you if this is a joke!

But Vomer showed no signs that it was a joke. Spicule demanded to know where and soon went charging off to the place where Hive died. Alice chose to follow him.

End Notes:

Finally managed to get all my core pieces established. These last couple of chapters I will have to go back and re-work.

Please let me know of anyway I can make improvements. I don't mind critisism at all because it's the kind of thing I need to get myself in the right direction.

Chapter 20: Back to the Top by FleetingMoment
Author's Notes:

I finally got all my key parts out there. There may be some other secondary characters in the future but they will most likely be a hurdle as opposed to anything. I am glad I am done this section of the story. I'd estimate the total ammount of chapters should be around 50. I want to try and keep it under 50 at least.

                   In the smelting plant that Brian was assigned to. They found him shaken from the skirmish. He explained why Hive was even there in the first place. But the actual killer was easy to tell. The nails alone tol the story and the damaged expression on Brians face showed the results. Spicule on the other hand was the most upset. He was quiet but they could see the tears in his eyes. If Alice had ever considered him to be  heartless monster, it was no longer valid.

Vomer: Should we . . . give him a funeral . . .?

Spicule: There's nothing to burry. And funerals are redundant anyway

Vomer: Then we . . . should hunt . . . the Raven . . .

Spicule: Oh he's going to get fucked for this one way or another. But not yet. We deal with Al'Capone first. Personal grudges can wait.

Brian: That's fine by me., I'll save you the trouble.

Spicule: You have unti the end of Al'Capone. If you haven't killed him by then. Well buddy, it's fair game at that point.

The rest of the team packed up what they could and left. Leaving only Alice and Spicule.

Spicule: You know girl. Most people would be saying "I'm sorry for your loss" right about now.

Alice: I think you'll be hearing too much of that from your people. And I can't honestly say that myself.

Spicule: It's pretty easy to watch your enemies die after all. He wasn't one of my Lieutenants but everyone thought of him as family down here.

Alice: Is that why Bianca came after me?

Spicule: Bianca might as well have been his big sister. Maybe if all of them had listened to my instructions, they would be alive. So I don't hold a grudge against you.

Alice: Doesn't everyone here idolize you?

Spicule: They take it too far. I told everyone to let me handle you. Then they all take off while I'm on a mission . . . Doesn't matter anymore. What's done is done.

She could have asked more about Bianca. But considering Spicules intellegence, he would start to turn it around and begin studying her psyche again.

Spicule: Well c'mon. I got to send you kids back to the top as I promised.

________________________________________________________________________

After about half an hour of walking they returned to the Devil Scar camp. Many of the people were filled with both joy and sorrow. As someone who has been through war several times, Spicule knew to well that there is no such thing as one sided battles. Even if it seems that easy. Figment and Bruiser had returned to report to their leader.

Bruiser: Boss, we got a few things to discuss. Your prisoners escaped but we got them back.

Spicule: Where are they?

Figment: The guy was attecked by Red Raven as well.

Alice: Daniel?! Where is he?

Figment: The doctors stitching him up right now.

Spicule: And Zoey?

She came from behind Bruiser. Unfortunatly she wasn't able to keep her Dayon changes a secret anymore. Although Zoey was back to her original height, her pure white hair with metalic markings across her skin remained unchanged Alice at first thought Spicule was to blame.

Alice: Zoey? What did you do to her Spicule?!

Spicule: You can blame me for the intent girl. But you can't blame me for the action.

Zoey: I guess were in the same boat now aren't we.

Alice: . . . I wouldn't say quite the same boat. But were in the same river at least.

Zoey: You know it's funny how I was worried about Daniel becoming a Dayon. Irony really is cruel.

Alice: Don't worry. We'll fix this.

Spicule: You kids got at a half hour, then were sending you home.

Bruiser: Where are you going boss?

Spicule: I got to check on our guard dog. I'll see you all later.

________________________________________________________________________

They found Daniel bandaged by Dr. Quark He was awake but it was really hard to tell how he really was doing.

Quark: He's a lucky son of a bitch anyway. The nail I had to remove was just two centimeters from hitting his heart. I don't know how well he'll do but he shouldn't use his left arm for awhile.

Zoey: Why was he after you anyway?

Daniel: I could not tell. But I was spared in the long run.

Brian: Guess that's another reason I got to deal with him fast.

Daniel: Seems like alot had happened while I was away.

Alice: Spicule says he's going to let us back to the top soon so were going to be taking off in a bit.

Quark: It would be better for him to let the inury heal but do keep him from moving his arm. Walking would also be a problem for a bit.

Daniel: I'll have to manage.

Alice: Daniel . . . Let me help you instead. You can just ride on my back.

Daniel: But . . .

She did not wait for his answer. It was clear she was more worried about his well being than anyone else right now. Alice had no intention of trying to immasculate him but he was very stubborn when it came to people trying to help him. Quark was only able to pull it off because he was unconcious at the time when he was doing surgery.

Daniel: Alice . . . I'm fine.

Alice: Is this too awkward for you? I can always carry you up front instead.

Daniel: . . . Ok, ok.

Brian: Jeesus you're shy. I can also lend you a shoulder instead.

Zoey: Yeah well you're shy when people realize you're not the hateful badass that you make yourself out to be.

Brian: Oh bite me.

Zoey: You also got that rifle to carry. Are they letting you keep it?

Brian: Apparently it's a reward for helping them out.

Zoey: He gives you a gun when you plotted to kill Spicule?

Brian: I think the underline message was "Pull the trigger bitch".

Alice: Even if you were able to hit him, he would just force transform and you'd have to worry about a living nuclear bomb.

Brian: Well . . . I fucked up either way.

Daniel: You're talking about the Spider.

Brian: He was my brother once.

Zoey: . . . Seems that anyone can turn into something else.

Brian: Speaking of which, don't let Fredrick see you like that.

Zoey: I'll probably have to hide this from more than Fred you know.

Brian: Fredricks got a sore spot for Dayon and other things out of this world.

The thought of the Abyss came to Alice's mind. Braving monsters of various shapes and sizes now seemed like a cake walk compared to it. Out of nowhere the Abyss came and out of whim and luck it was gone. She wondered if maybe Red Raven had seen that horrable thing as well. It was hard enough trying to piece together what the Abyss actually looked like. The tendrils were a bit easier but it's sheer color and texture were all out of place. Like it was defying her attempt to verify it.

________________________________________________________________________

Spicule with his three Lieutenants came to the prison and opened the only closed cell door. He looked directly at Bert with a dissapointed expression.

Bert: Boss! Boss! The prisoners escaped . . .

Bruiser: . . .

Vomer: . . .

Figment: . . .

Spicule: . . .

Bert: . . . Ok, I guess you already knew that.

Spicule: Did you open the door?

Bert: The bitch was throwing dirt at me and she . . . she wouldn't shut up . . .

Spicule: So you opened the door.

Bert: No . . . welll a little crack.

Spicule: By crack you opened it and went in didn't you.

Bert: Well, sort of-

Before he could finish his sentance, Spicule punched him in the balls. He fell over, gagging. Almost to the point of throwing up.

Spicule: When you stop feeling the pain you're forgiven.

Figment: Wait were not going to kill him?

Spicule: I'm the rider of Famine, not Death. Besides, that's what Al'Capone do. C'mon lets go send the kids home.

Bruiser: I got the codes ready. But the security system will soon realize they're bogus and deleat it's validation.

Spicule: I know we can only use them for a one way trip and don't worry. I'm not wasting them even if it looks that way. But I got a special job for you Vomer.

Vomer: What do . . . you ask?

________________________________________________________________________

Spicule, Figment and Bruiser took Alice, Daniel, Zoey and Brian to the closest elevator shaft back to the mid level. The guards were quietly knocked out. Alice was worried that the elevators bio scans would prevent Zoey from being able to return.

Spicule: We got by that problem girl. The counterfits are basically virus programs. Tricks the system into doing it's passanger scan when there's no one in it so it doesn't see what were sending up.

Brian: Then why don't you use them to send an army up?

Figment: For one thing it's a one way trip. We can't use them to get back down. And if we do it too much they adjust the system so that it won't work at all. And not all Dayon can survive a 500 meter drop trying to escape the top either.

Spicule: In short. We can't move from top to bottom freely.

Alice: Well then I guess that's it then. Thanks for the assist.

Spicule: Oh don't mention it girl. Elevators ready. Now I also think I know where your dad might be.

Alice: I think you told me that he's with the Conclave right?

Spicule: I did. But Conclave soldiers don't come down here on a regular basis other then guard elevator shafts. But Al'Capone members can sneak down here posed as Conclave.

Alice: Al'Capone again. I really don't want to have to deal with them anymore.

Spicule: Sorry girl but they will probably come after you since there's a chance that they could actually have your dad. Conclave or Al'Capone, either way you'll be going through hell. Alright kids, time to go home. Now when you get to the top the three of you have to make a run for it. Otherwise the security upstairs might just send you back down.

Alice: Because once we fell to the bottom were suppost to be dead right- . . . The three of us?

Spicule: Yeah the "Three" of you are going home. Zoey's sticking around so her dad doesn't forget to come looking for her.

Brian: Hey what the fuck! We're not letting you keep her.

Bruiser: You saw her already right? She's one of us now. You two are still normal humans.

Figment: And the juggernaught there still passes as a human. But Zoey's Dayon. Her dad might even try to kill her.

Spicule: Sorry girl but you've only done enough work for three to go home. That includes you.

Zoey: Why do you even need me so badly anyway?

Spicule: Well Zoey, for one you're dad won't come unless I give him reason. Plus District Chiefs actually have authorization to travel to the lower level and back. Sometimes they can collect dirt down here but it's at their own risk. You share his blood and with that edge we can piggy back on your dads clearance. How do you think I made those counterfits.

Zoey: Wait then you don't even need my dad.

Spicule: You give us partial access but I need the original source. Plus you got Dayon powers now so I'll make it worth your wild.

Alice: Then you can have me instead.

Spicule: I don't want you right now.

Daniel: It's access to the higher levels you need right? You can take me instead.

Spicule: Oh really? So if I take you instead of Zoey, what do I get?

Daniel: Access to the Omenyx Private Shaft. No DNA pass codes, no cameras. It goes to all three levels freely.

Spicule: Hmm. now that sounds like a better deal then I thought. So how do you know this?

Daniel: In public I go by the name Daniel McManson . . . But I'm actually Blaine's son.

Alice: !

Brian: . . .

Spicule: Daniel Blaine huh . . . Welll then that's settled. I'll take you instead.

Alice: What, no! You're not-

Spicule: That's what I'd "Like to say". But there's a flaw there kiddo.

Bruiser brought out a small laptop.

Spicule: Bruiser, do me a favor and look up the name Daniel Blaine.

Bruiser: Hmm . . . Here you go Boss.

He showed the results to everyone.

Spicule: According to this, you're like me. Legally dead.

Daniel: . . .

Spicule: Nice try there buddy.

Alice: Then forget the nice way. I'll fight for her instead.

Spicule: See this is what I like about you. Alright then well fight over Zoey.

Alice: Lets make this one on one then

Brian: Wait why just one?

Alice: I'm right now the one in the best condition.

Daniel: But you're not at 100% either.

Alice: I'll have to manage.

Spicule: Alright then I shall . . . choose VOMER!

He tilted his head slightly to the right. What looked like a whole spinal column went flying by his head and struck Alice. Spicule did a backflip and as he did so two more spines came and pierced her.

Spicule: Hey looks like we win. Hah!

Brian: You mother fucker.

He aimed his rifle at Spicule and took a shot. But the aim was interupted by another bone that looked like a rib.

Spicule: That's my boy Vomer by the way. Deadliest skeletal shot ever.

He snapped his fingers and his other two lieutenants followed the command. Figment struck Alice, Brian and Daniel throwing them into the elevator shaft. Zoey was being Pinned and muffled by Bruiser. While the three were stunned and injured Spicule activated the elevator.

Spicule: Enjoy the sun kids. Oh and remeber. If you guys want to see Zoey back, then send down her old man. This reunions been a long time comming. Good bye now!

The elevator closed before Brian could reach it. Nore could he stop the lift.

Brian: Fuck that guy.

Daniel: We got another problem.

They could see Alice suffering from the wounds. Daniel tried to carefully remove the spines. But she could feel the emergency restoration kicking in. Nova wasn't responding right now but the system was working automatically.

Alice: Ghhhhh . . . I thught I'd . . . gotten use too this by ahhhhh!

Nova numbed any feeling when this growth would happen and Bianca turned it into pleasure. But neither one was here and she was still concious. Just blinding burning pain. It hurt when her body started to grow larger. Her heart began to beat violently. The experience was causing her to flail about uncontrolably. Her breasts began to grow by a whole cup size. Both Daniel and Brian had to hold her to stop her from thrashing so much, lest she hurt herself again, or them in the process. The massive wounds began to close rapidly as the blood from her body was flowing back into her. Her cloths were starting to be ripped apart. Anymore and she would have bursted out of them completely. By the time it was over she was 6' 9" feet tall and was all the way up to a G cup size. Finally the pain stopped, and she fell to the ground panting heavily. Brian had once wondered why she didn't try to take advantage of Nova's full effects. But this convinced him that Nova was a burden as well as a gift. Daniel didn't know how to help her. He couldn't take on some of the pain. First Aid was obsolite on her and he knew that her transformation was irreversable.

Brian: You . . . Know something about that thing inside her right?

Daniel: A little anyway.

Brian: We're going to have a chat first chance we get. But we aren't going to do it here. Anyone who comes from the lower level needs to have a special pass or the guards just send us back down or kill.

Daniel: Spicule used a counterfit version so they don't get an early notice.

Brian: Then when we stop. We move . . . I know you just went through hell there Alice but you're going to have to push yourself a little more.

Alice: *Pant,pant,pant. Pushing myself is something I'm used to.

Daniel: I'l give you a hand.

Alice: But . . . I'm kind of heavy now.

Brian: We'll give you a hand then. I'm sure between the two of us we'll make something happen.

Daniel: You carried me when I was down so I'll do the same.

Alice: . . . Thanks . . .

Once the elevator reached the mid level. Brian and Daniel lended her their shoulders and made a run for it. Right now they didn't have the means to rescue Zoey but it was certain Spicule had no intention of torturing or killing her. They had to get Soki.

________________________________________________________________________

Spicule: Well then that's that. Now we just kick back and wait a little.

Bruiser: How long will it take before Soki gets down here?

Spicule: It's been a couple days already. Less then a week. Maybe even tomorrow if he tries to hurry.

Zoey: You backstabbing fuck! You just enjoy sucker punching people don't you!

He turned to her with a smile.

Spicule: Sucker punches are the most enjoyable thing in the world. You see all these jerks gab off about honorable fighting and that bullshit.

Zoey: What do you know about honor?!

Spicule: Nothing. Why don't you explain it to me?

Zoey: Bite me!

Spicule: The last honorable Asian I can remeber in history was a Yakuza. And what do Yakuza do? The exact same shit as an Al'Capone. And how honorable are they? The Al'Capone's gab off about respect but their not respectable. Tell you what, why don't we go grab a disctionary and look up the official meaning of honor?

It was pretty much impossible to make an argumant with Spicule.

Spicule: I sevearly doubt she will be dead.

Zoey: Well you did have your lackeys hurt her!

Spicule: I did at that. She knew the risk and took a gamble for you. Alright I'll pay you back then, hows that?

Zoey: I don't want your damn money.

Spicule: And I don't want to give you my damn money niether.

Figment: We don't even have half that much.

Zoey: So you were offering me nothing anyway!

Spicule: Hey I'm an expert on Dayon transformation. I should know. I am one!

Zoey: . . . What about it?

Spicule: You're Dayon form is still trying to establish itself. You can't purge it so you might as well learn how to mold it . . . Or well you can be like Zorn way over there.

He pointed to the massive three headed wolf far in the distance sleeping.

Spicule: You know his human form has three faces. In that form he has three heads on one body . . . And not one of them has any sense other then loyalty to me simply because he thinks I'm his Alpha. You want that instead?

Zoey:  . . . Fine . . . But you better try to get on my good side again. Or I'll turn my blades on you.

Spicule: Zoey . . . It's a deal.

End Notes:

Ok time to finally move on. I d apologies for the long wait and the rather irritating chapter 19. It''s complete now so go ahead and check it. Feel free to suggest any ideas. Because it's really hard to paint a picture with only words. Maybe once this is done I'll try to find an artist. I'd do it myself if drawing didn't hurt my hands.

Chapter 21: Hope and Despair by FleetingMoment
Author's Notes:

I'll probably have a bit easier of a time with this next arc. So hopefully I can keep this up on a more regular basis

             Brian had returned to the station when the morning came. He wasn't exactly in the best of moods but Soki had to be informed either way.

Eugene: So you managed to get back on your own. I'm impressed Mr. Riggs.

Brian: I just did what I had to do.

Eugene: And is everyone back with you?

Brian: Regrettably no sir. Sorry chief but I failed to bring Zoey back to the top.

Soki: Are you telling me she's gone?

Brian: No sir. But Devil Scar has her.

Soki: . . . Then I guess we'll be heading down there in a few days.

Brian: The commissioner sure as hell takes her sweet ass time getting these warrant for underground exploration.

Eugene: Brian . . . This does not leave this room, understand?

Brian: Yes sir.

Eugene: Me and the chief aren't exactly trusting commissioner Johan.

Soki: I was about to head there myself once I got out of the hospital. But she came just as I was leaving and ordered me to hold tite until the investigation began.

Brian: How sympathetic . . .

Eugene: She's even been sending in a person to do a head count daily since the incident.

Soki: In any case were all stuck for now. But once were ready to depart I want you there with us.

Brian: Yes sir.

Soki: But you got Alice out of there at least. And were not going to tell the commissioner for now.

Brian: I get the feeling I don't even want to meet her do I.

Eugene: Nope.

Soki: Now then since your here, lets here your report of your trip to the lower level. My daughter, Devil Scar, the works.

Brian: Well I'll start with the easier stuff. I sevearly doubt that they will hurt her. In fact they are keeping her as ensurance until you make an appearance.

Soki: Me? If there looking for a district chief to get up top then why me specifically?

Brian: We met the leader of Devil Scar . . .

Eugene: Spicule again . . . He's been a problem for awhile.

Soki: Can you verify who he is?

Brian: . . . Yes and that's kind of the problem. Mind if we pull up the criminal database?

Eugene: Sure.

He went over to the laptop and began searching through the records.

Brian: I'm not an expert here but I think the problem is that you were looking for a live person. After all, no one hunts for a dead man.

He typed in the name Jamall Zaxz. After a few minuted of proccessing, it finally found a file.

Brian: Ok, that's that . . .

It was clear that he had bad news now.

Eugene: Son, stop playing games and just get on with it.

Brian: I know, I know! Chief Soki, please brace yourself. . .

They paused for the moment expecting the worst.

Brian: I give you Spicule . . .

He turned the file to face them. Eugene wasn't exactly impressed seeing an 11 year old South African boy.

Eugene: Is this a joke? You're telling me the leader is this dead kid?

Brian: No joke sir. But this record is out of date with him being legally dead.

But Soki on the other hand was far more concerned.

Soki: Spicule . . . You are sure of this!

Brian: Yes sir.

Soki: You better not be kidding me Mr. Riggs!

Eugene: Sir this isn't even a criminal. According to the file that's a deceased rape victim-

Soki: Get everyone ready. I'm going to try and push Johan to start earlier. Were going to take a vehicular shaft down instead, and I want that new Viper that Blaine got for us gassed up and ready to go!

Eugene: Sir?

Soki: You know all those war stories I would tell the force from time to time?

Eugene: Of course I- . . . Is he one of your former team mates?

Soki: Of all the riders to come back from the dead . . . He was suppost to be gone for good. I was considering asking your friend Alice if she wanted to offer some assistance but I've changed my mind.

Brian: But chief, I also have confirmed that he's a Dayon. A brutal one at that.

Soki: Anyone else I would have asked Alice to help . . . Get yourselves ready.

He stormed out the door in a panic.

Brian: I've never seen him phased by anyone before.

Eugene: Whenever we tried to ask about his fellow riders, he would just stop talking all together. He can brave even Dayon, but a little kid he's terrified of. How ironic.

Brian: Ghosts of the past always scare us. So what was this about a victum file?

Eugene: The file you found on Jamaal Zaxz, is not a criminal record. This kind of file is usually categorized under rape victim.

Brian: Seriously?!

He took a closer look at the details.

Brian: Jeesus christ, he was only seven on the first report!

Eugene: Most of Spicule's crimes were agains't anything to do with Al'Capone. That partially explains why.

Brian: . . . So he was an orphan owned by Al'Capone. Fuck, was there any children not owned by thos assholes?

Eugene: We can't prove this but they have a leash on alot of people. Sometimes they make orphans out of kids even if you're born into a carring family.

________________________________________________________________________

After the long night, Alice tried to take a short nap before the morning. The closest place at the time for them to hide out was at her own home. The door was still broken but otherwise it was the best place for the time being. Brian had already left for the station and Daniel was missing as well.

Bianca: So my prediction was wrong after all. That's great news girlfriend.

She rose from her bed in response to Bianca's presence

Alice: Bianca? . . .

She rushed to Alice, giving her a hug.

Bianca: I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to see you again.

Alice: . . .

Bianca: You're not going to throw me away this time?

Alice: I'm just worried that someone else is in the room. The last two times you showed up and then left you dissapeared only for someone else to talk to me in your place.

Bianca: I thought that would be so much fun, but if you're not liking it then I'll give you a break this time.

This time she tried tp gently push Bianca away from her.

Alice: Can you please stop that now?

Bianca: Spoil, sport. I mean your even bigger now. Although it's a shame that you had to suffer for it this time. You're stupid computer is suppost to make you feel sensational.

Alice: And I suppose you are trying to twist Nova to your own will.

Bianca: I really hated watching you in agony on the elevator. It's worse then listening to a puppy whimper.

Alice: I want to think that you're just a fabrication of my guilt.

Bianca: If I really was that then you would have already conquered me by now.

After moving herself away from Alice, she leaned against the window frame.

Bianca: I'm sorry for making you feel uncomfortable. But it does feel nice doesn't it.

Alice: . . . Mind if I ask something of you for a change?

Bianca: Of course you can.

Alice: What is Cradle?

Bianca: . . . Now where did you hear that?

Alice: From the Reaver's. The two Advents were refering to something called Cradle.

Bianca: Then I will have to tell you that Cradle is over the horizon.

Alice: In other words you're not going to tell me.

This was the first time Bianca seemed a bit upset.

Bianca: Because I don't want to. Even I have a sense of Pride. The Pride of a Lion if you will.

She floated back to Alice with a more loving and compassionate expression while embrassing her hands.

Bianca: You'll learn about Cradle in time. But for now just worry about you're own life. If you really want to get through this then you just need to stop trying to stay human. You're going to be above them soon enough and the sooner you do it the better. Let yourself get bigger. Lots and lots bigger then you are now. Then we can finally bring true peace to this revolting world.

And just like that, Bianca dissapeared. There was no one else around so no one could see her talking to herself. But she was able to partially learn a motive from Bianca. Although what exactly she defines as peace was unclear.

Alice: So . . . are you around Nova?

Nova: . . . My, systems are begining to be repaired at least.

It was releaving for her to hear Nova speaking again.

Alice: So what happened to you anyway?

Nova: I apologies for my incapability.

Alice: You were being attacked by the Abyss as well.

Nova: It was different from the functions of a Reaver. The entity invading my systems was attempting to re-format my entire programming.

Alice: Why?

Nova: I was unable to identify the reasons of the entity in question. If I had not locked my core programming I might not even be able to speakto you. Any systems that were lost I can always restore as long as I am reasonably intact.

Alice: That's good to hear at least. It was attacking me in a different way as well. Trying to put me in a nightmare.

Nova: The entity known as the Abyss appears to have it's own form of psionic's. I fear that it is far beyond your capability of defeating.

Alice: Spicule seemed to be able to keep it at bay. Granted I don't think he was able to hurt it either.

Nova: I am unable to identify what the Abyss is. But there appears to be surrounded by an Event Horizon.

Alice: Isn't that something that a black hole creates?

Nova: The idea is the same yes. But it does not have the immense mass it would take to create such a thing.

Alice: So we can't defeat it then.

Nova: No. And we might have to be more alert now.

Alice: Why, will it hunt me?

Nova: When I was being attacked, I could vaguely detect a great deal of hostility and contempt towards myself. Whatever the Abyss is. It's a sentient being.

________________________________________________________________________

After the disscussion with Nova. Alice began to get dressed. But it was proving to be very difficult now. She hardly got her legs into them and even when she did, they still didn't make it up to her belt line. Even the strechable fabrics weren't co-operating. It was frusterating especially when she hadn't even started on the top yet.

Alice: I know you said you can't make me smaller without destroying my insides but can you make my clothing bigger instead?

Nova: Perhapse. But I cannot simply create mass. Theoretically I could attempt to break down the molecules of two items and attempt to re-assemble them as one.

She decided to at least give it a try. To make it a bit easier on Nova, she took two plain white short sleeve shirts with buttons in the front and a colar. She tried to cover them both in the Novon metal. Once that was done, Nova began breaking them both down before it returned to her body.

Nova: It will probably be easier if I re-assemble the items directly from your frame instead of trying to form the results in your hands.

Alice: Makes sense. So just hold my arms up right?

Nova: That would be helpful.

She watched as the Novon metal began to cover her entire torso. And in a matter of moments she could see it begin to reform the two shirts. Nova traced the total material into a single piece. It fit much better then before and she was delighted at the results. But when she took a look into the mirror she felt a bit different.

Nova: It appears that the process was successful.

Alice: That really didn't take you long.

Nova: Light and flexable material such as cotton are simple enough. I was more concerned with the buttons as they had a more solid shape.

Alice: Well it looks like you made it work anyway, but . . . It feels a little wierd.

Nova: Did I make a mistake on your shape?

Alice: No, I mean it fits me very well and all. It just feels like it fits too well.

There was still a little room to breath in it but it seemed Nova was tracing her exact measurements to form the shirts shape.

Nova: I do not quite understand. Do you feel uncomfortable? I honestly thought what you had before was improperly designed for you. Most of which were designed for a male.

She knew Nova could feel the emotions she felt about it, but was only able to look at it from a machines perspective of logic. Emotions and Logic don't work well together.

Nova: If you wish I can attempt to reform them into a specific shape of your choosing. But I may need to use more materia to fill in the gaps.

Alice: Forget it. Maybe it's time I stopped trying to wear things that are out of shape.

This process was working to fix her size issue but because she was using two to make one, her wardrobe was dwindling quickly. not that she had alot to begin wiith. If it wasn't for her parents, she probably would have just used the same outfit until it was warn out.

Now that the other issues were solved she could focus on the current problem. Zoey was still being held by Spicule. Getting down was pretty easy but she needs to get down and then go back up. Regretably, Alice wasn't ready to battle with Spicule. Soki was probably the best bet at helping Zoey. There was one other thing that was hanging in her mind. She gave Daniel a call to find out where he went.

Alice: Hi Daniel, where are you?

Daniel: I was on my way to see Fredrick. Sorry, I forgot to leave a note before I left.

Alice: I'm not worried about that. So what was he doing while we were gone?

Daniel: Apparently he was the first to call emergency services after the explosion that sent us to the lower level.

Alice: Really? . . . And here I was thinking he was done with us.

Daniel: We can meet up in a bit. But I'm going to tell him what happened.

Alice: Are you also going to tell him that you're the son of Blaine?

Daniel: I've spent along time hiding it. I think it's time we were all honest with one another.

Alice: Sounds fine to me . . . Where do you want to meet up?

Daniel: The park that you like is off limits right now. There's that basketball court three blocks down from where you live. How about there

Alice: Ok, then I'll meet you all down there in an hour.

Daniel: Gotcha.

The call ended leaving Alice some free time. Since most of her waredrobe was pretty much down to one set, it wa probably time to restock it.

Nova: Don't you have to head to the basketball court?

Alice: It's not that far and at the speed I'm walking now. I'd probably have to wait fifty minutes more if I go there now. So I might as well do something in that time frame. I really wish I didn't have to get more cloths but I have to.

Nova: Does it bother you that much?

Alice: To me, shoppings just shopping. It's just a necessity so I am pretty indifferent about it.

Nova: Understandable.

________________________________________________________________________

Linus had rushed Margaret to the hospital again. He was waiting in the lobby to hear the results. After several hours had passed someone finally came to see him.

Linus: Well, is she going to be ok?

Doctor: It's hard to say Mr. Hatch . . .

Linus: So, you're saying you don't know.

Doctor: Honestly she should have been dead a few years ago. We've managed to stablize her for now. But it's radiation poisoning. Particularly deadly levels of it. She can have days where nothings wrong but all we can do is keep her on medication and special treatment.

Linus: . . . Can I at least take her home? She always said she never liked hospitals.

Doctor: With all due respect Mr. Hatch. No one likes hospitals. For now she's stable but you will need to make another checkup tomorrow. You can go whenever you wish.

Linus: Thank you sir . . .

He entered the room where Margaret was being treated.

Margaret: Hi daddy . . .

Linus: Hello. How are you holding up.

Margaret: I'm still alive anyway.

Linus: That's good to hear.

Margaret: Did the doctor say I'm ok now?

Linus: He says you are for now at least. We have to do another checkup tomorrow.

Margaret: . . . I wonder if this is how Alice felt.

Linus: Why do you say that?

Margaret: Fredrick once told me that she was in an accident before. Her legaments were trampled and her heart was damaged so she couldn't do anything that made it beat too fast.

Linus: . . .

Margaret: But she got better over time. So I will to right daddy?

Linus: Yes Margaret . . . Even if there's no cure exsisting right now, I'll make one.

He held her small body in his large arms

Linus: As long as you stay alive I'll find a way.

Margaret: . . . Daddy. What are the spirits?

Linus: ?

Margaret: Fredrick told me that you were native american and that your ancestors worshiped the spirits.

Linus: well he's partially right at least. I think I should take time to educate your brother as well. When explorers first visited the west they at first though they were in a country called India, so they mistook my people for Indians. But that was incorrect. So eventually they started calling us Native American.

Margaret: What's the correct word for it then?

Linus: Well I'm still kind of trying to learn my own ancestry myself but I believe my heiritage is Iroquois.

Margaret: Then why does everyone call you a red man?

Linus: Part of it came from a song. Another part of it came from racism. Granted I don't hear my own people calling ourselves Iroquoians that often either. I'm honestly not even sure if that's the correct name.

Margaret: Can I call you an Iroquoian?

Linus: Of course my child. Though I'm only half Iroquoian. The other part of me is Cajun.

Margaret: Those sound like nice places to have an ancestry to.

Linus: They can be but they're only history.

Margaret: People don't like my ancestry. But my brother gets it worse then me. They keep calling me and Fredrick Nazi.

Linus: Well there wrong then. Yes you are German. As well as British.

Margaret: But then why do they only look at the German half?

Linus: I suppose you could say there still speaking out of pain. But I'm more incline to assume that they just do it to feel superior.

Margaret: I don't like those people.

Linus: Can't say I blame you.

Margaret: Are spirits anything like people?

Linus: Not at all. They are beings that live with all forms of life. Many of my people would honor them by respecting the laws of nature.

Margaret: How did you do that?

Linus: What ever we took from it, we gave back.

Margaret: But then why did the world turn out the way it did?

Linus: . . . Because we as a species became too obsessed with progress. Nature and the spirits had balance to them.

Margaret: But you're people didn't do anything wrong.

Linus: A long time ago I would have agreed with you. But as the ages passed, I began to see my own people abandon their beliefs of the spirits and embraced the new age. In the end all of our ancestors are guilty.

Margaret: So the spirits have left this world then . . . I really thought I saw them though.

Linus: You saw them?

Margaret: There was one that found my brother. Maybe it saved him from having the same illness as I do.

Linus: !!! . . . Did you see what color it was?

Margaret: It was a really leaf like green but really shiny.

Linus thought to himself about her belief in spirits. She was ignorant of their names but Margaret had an idea of what the Ayous were. But he also considered the possibility of Fredrick having an Ayous as well. But he couldn't possibly be a Dayon. He did blood checks to see if any of his adopted children were Dayon and they were negative. Maybe it was a bonded Ayous. He began to think more and more about Dayon biology and remembered a basic fact about them.

Linus: . . .They're resiliant to radiation . . .

Margaret: Daddy? Are you ok?

Linus: Yes of course. I think it's time for us to take off. We'll come back in the morning.

Margaret: Horay.

________________________________________________________________________

Alice had finished her shopping and headed for the basketball court. She found Daniel there ahead of schedule. Fredrick was going to show up in a little bit, though she was convinced the two of them were together.

Alice: How's your arm doing?

Daniel: I can move it at least. Aches a little but otherwise I can manage. And you?

Alice: . . . Well, you can see for yourself so no explanation needed.

She could tell the little shy guy was struggling to keep his eyes to hers. It was actually kind of cute. But she wasn't going to tease him for it. That would be just as rude as the people who gocked at her on the way.

Daniel: I just want to say sorry for keeping it a secret from you.

Alice: About being the son of Blaine? And just me?

Daniel: I, mean from all of you . . .

Alice: I don't know I guess I kind of saw it comming. When I was at the hospital, it was the first time you stepped out of your comfort zone.

Daniel: Your parents were in the employment of my own so I felt that I should at least greet you.

Alice: So did you already tell Fredrick everything?

Daniel: Some at least anyway. He knows I'm a Blaine, and he knows that Zoey's still in the lower level. I also told him you would look different.

Alice: Then it's just the detailed stuff were going to fill in.

They started to talk quieter when they noticed several more teenagers come to the basketball court. They moved a bit farther away as not to interupt their game. In that time they finally found Fredrick running up to them.

Fredrick: Ok c'mon Dan, I said I was just going to the washroom!

Daniel: If I had waited for you we would have been late.

Fredrick: One lousy minute late. Big freaking whoop.

Daniel: Then I'm sorry for rushing on ahead.

Fredrick: Well your dad basically saved my dad from bankruptcy so I can probably cut you some slack. And uhh . . . Hi again Alice.

Alice: Hi . . . So are you ready?

Fredrick: As ready as I'll ever be. But is Zoey going to be ok at least?

Daniel: . . . She's not in danger.

Alice: But we need police chief Soki to get her back from Spicule.

Fredrick: Spicule . . . That guy that leads those monsters right? But couldn't you just beat him up.

Alice: . . . I couldn't take him. He overwhelmed me.

Fredrick: I'm glad to hear that you didn't just leave her there. Don't take this the wrong way but I was begining to think you could take on anymoe at this point.

Daniel: He was a very different person from what she usually encountered.

Fredrick: Jeesus . . . So are we going to try and rescue her?

Daniel: Brian's already at the police station. But we may have to wait a few days before they make a move.

Fredrick: . . .

They were all pretty uneasy about the situation.

Fredrick: Seriously, fuck these Devil Scar people. Every last one of them. And Al'Capone for that matter as well.

Daniel: What did Al'Capone do to you?

Fredrick: . . . If they didn't exsist then I probably would still be Fredrick Wagner right now.

The tension was interupted when a basket ball came flying towards Fredrick. Alice caught sight of it and moved on reflex to intercept. When they turned to face the other group they recognized one of the players.

Anthony: Hey you mind tossing the ball back- . . . Oh hey it's you fuckers.

Not one of them were pleased to see Anthony of all people. Alice felt the urge to go up and beat the tar out of him right now. But since he's an Al'Capone, any attack on him would be returned by the family intself. Even for someone as unlikeable as Anthony. The people he was with were either ignorant about his Al'Capone heritage or were on his side. Alice returned the ball in hopes they could cease contact with him. But some of his companions took notice instead.

Keisha: You know those people over there?

Anthony: There just some fags from school.

Lenka: You call everyone a fag Anthony.

The other two seemed to be inviting Alice, Daniel and Fredrick over. There were three others acompanying Anthony. Keisha and Lenka were both African. They were both around the height of 5' 5" feet tall. They looked like they were twins but it was clear they were opposite genders. They both had short fuzzy hair. The two of them were more composed compared to Anthony. There was also a 6' 5" caucasian lying on the bench. He had a sleaveless gray shirt and a black took on his head.

Lenka: It's nice weather today. Why are you guys way over there when the games over here?

Daniel: We really didn't want to intrude.

Lenka: Intrude? I've been one on oning Anthony for awhile now and my sister Keisha's been busy playing games on that laptop.

Fredrick: What about the other guy over there?

Anthony: Lazyass over there doesn't even wanna bother.

Lenka: I'm getting kind of bored right now. If you want we can have a two on two or even three on three. Might make things more interesting.

Fredrick: Actually we were about to-

Alice: You know what why not.

Fredrick: Huh?

Alice: You guys don't have to stay but I'll give it a shot.

Fredrick: But what about your heart.

Alice: That problems gone. The leg issues gone as well.

Fredrick: . . . Really?

Daniel: I'll join as well.

Anthony: You're really going to make me play against these losers?

Keisha: Well you can play against them anyway. You want to try Ashton?

Ashton: Hmm . . . I'll play the winner.

Keisha: Ok, ok lets have it two on two then. If the bimbo's playing then she'll take up too much of the court as it is.

Alice: . . .

Keisha: I'm kidding. You're hairs kind of messy, you don't wear makeup, and your outfits realy plain.

Lenka: Sorry about my sister. She's studying to be a detective.

Daniel: A friend of ours is in the same field.

Lenka: Cool. So you wanna step up.

Fredrick: You're arm is still hurting right? I'll go and then if you want to try afterwards you can join later.

Daniel: Sure.

They seemed to have their two on two established. Alice and Fredrick were against the twins. Anthony and Daniel sat on the bench. They played up to three points. Alice tried to get Nova to keep her abilities as restricted as possible. She certainly had the height advantage being close to 7 feet tall. But she hadn't played this game for a very long time. Fredrick was more capable so it evened out. By the time the match ended the score was two to three leaving the twins as the victors.

Anthony: Hah, fags!

Fredrick: Hey they won because they axed you asshole.

Anthony: Step over here and say that to my face los-

Ashton: I was just going to sit this one out but now yoy got me curious there. What's your name anyway?

Alice: Uhh, Alice. Alice Vermire.

They could tell Anthony was about to make a comeback. Ashton slapped his hand over Anthony's mouth. He looked like he had a permanent scowled expression on his face. What they could make from his hair color was that it was a mesh between blonde and brown.

Ashton: You can call me Ash for short. Since Anthony clearly has issues to work out with the lot of you lets make it three on three.

Keisha: Then I'll take the bench and ref if that's ok with you.

Ashton: Cool.

He brought Anthony to the court. Daniel agreed to join in for the three way.

Alice: Daniel, try to take it easy ok.

Fredrick: Look he kind of hurt his arm. Can we just make it two vs two instead?

Ashton: The guy looks pretty serious there. It would be insulting to bench him at this point.

She was worried about Daniels heath but she decided to trust his decision. Keisha readied the ball to start the game. Ashton was pretty determined that he wanted to take on Alice directly. When the ball was launched they made a jump for it. Ashton however had the speed advantage and whacked the ball straight to the net.

Anthony: Seven feet tall and you still suck, ahhah.

Keisha: 6' 9" feet.

Anthony: How the fuck can you be that exact?

Ashton: You're not putting all you got into this are you Alice.

It was true that she was semi trying to regain the feel of the game. But she was convinced if she had Nova release any more power then she might hurt someone in the process. on the second round. Ashton tossed the ball to Anthony while Lenka tried to dart ahead for recieving. But when he got near Daniel he instead tried to run him through while making it look like an accident.

Anthony: Oh whoops. Did I do that little guy.

Fredrick: Hey you did that on purpose you fuck.

Anthony: Relax, he's fine-

Lenka: What the hell are you doing Anthony?! He has the ball.

Before he realized that Daniel stole the ball in the process, it was too late. Daniel took a shot and evened the score.

Anthony: What the . . . it still only counts as one point you fag.

Daniel: But of course.

They continued the match. This time when the ball was tossed, Alice took the ball when she got a little used to Ashtons patterns. Her and Fredrick started passing it back and forth to one another before sending it back to Daniel. He took another shot but it trajectory was shaken by Ashton. She could see that it wasn't going to make it and tried to reshoot it. Anthony was attempting his shenanigans once more. But he made the mistake of misjudging how solid she was and ended up being knocked away. It was clear he was losing his patience but the other two were perfectly stable. On the next round Ashton began dribbling the ball extremely fast. He was leaning forward brining the ball closer to the ground. He was taking advantage of Alice's height and forcing her to bend lower. He passed it to Lenka and faked out Fredrick before taking the shot. At this point it was two for two once again. On the last round Ashton took the ball and made another attempt for the easy shot. Alice was able to send it back to Daniel. Lenka was about to intercept but unlike Anthony he actually slipped up and crashed into Daniel. The round didn't stop as he managed to pass it to Fredrick at the last second. Fredrick tried to take a shot before Anthony intercepted it. But when he did so, the ball ended up hitting his face before grasping the ball. He paused for a moment when he realized his nose was bleeding.

Anthony: You . . . Fucking Nazi!

He tossed the ball at Fredrick and charged at him. Lenka was helping Daniel back up while Alie and Ashton were trying to set themselves up for recieving. Anthony shoved Fredrick to the ground. Fredrick wasn't as strong as Anthony and had to use to hands to keep himself from being strangled. But to everyones shock, they noticed that Anthony was drawing a pistol from his pocket. Alice paniced and tried to rush to fredricks aid. But Anthony was about to pull the trigger. Her only option at this point was to use her powers. It was then something strange happened. Before he pulled the trigger, Anthony's arm moved away and shot at nothing. Anthony seemed puzzled for the moment. When he looked at Fredricks face he could tell that he was scared for his lfe. But Anthony began to realize that this was Fredricks doing. The way he had his hand held out. Scared but there was an intent to kill in Fredricks eyes. Anthony's arm felt like there were several people pulling it against his will. He began to notice the barrel of the gun comming closer to his head. They were both panting heavily as the tension rose. Ashton on the other hand wasn't going to wait for the end results and close lined Anthony.

Ashton: What have I told you about brining guns!

Anthony: Fuck you! He broke my face!

Ashton: I'll be happy to break it all over again!

He began beating Anthony to the ground while Keisha and Lenka went over to deal with Anthony, Alice and Daniel turned to Fredrick to see if he was ok. But the couldn't forget about what he was just doing a moment ago.

Nova: Alice . . . A moment ago I was detecting psionic activity comming from Fredrick.

She was able to acknowledge Nova's words but chose to keep silent to prevent herself from being heard out loud.

Fredrick: God damnit. I thought I was going to die right there . . . What the hell is wrong with that prick.

Daniel: Are you-

Fredrick: I'm going home for now. I didn't do anything and nothing happened.

It was clear that he was in denial of his actions. Alice wanted to respect his wishes as he departed. Daniel on the other hand did not seem interested in letting him be alone.

Daniel: Let me talk to him for a bit.

Alice: Are you sure?

Daniel: I noticed that he felt intimidated by your stature, but if we leave him alone he'll start thinking stupid things. It's best if someone inferior to him gets through to him.

Alice: I don't think of you as inferior to anyone . . . in face if it wasn't for you. I might be acting more ashamed of myself then anything.

Daniel: . . . I'll talk to you later.

He departed as if he was trying to hide the affectionate expression on his face. She would have followed him if it wasn't for the sound of Ashton finishing up with Anthony. He called someone for a few moments and then hung up.

Ashton: We didn't see anything that happened there. Keisha and Lenka got him under control now.

Alice: I've never seen Anthony get like that before.

Ashton: Lets just call it bad parenting. Though there's a point where you can't use that excuse anymore.

Alice: Wasn't he a friend of yours?

Ashton: Not a friend but family. It's harder to distance yourself from family then friends. And I'm sorry about that whole mess. I doubt I will be brining him with us any time soon.

Alice: No it was my fault, I shouldn't have accepted the offer.

Ashton: Sounds like you really wanted to play though

Alice: For a long time I was crippled so I had to give up any kind of sport. Lately I found my body working the way it's suppost to however. So I guess I wanted to see what I missed out on.

Ashton: In any case me and my own buddies come here now and then. If you want I'll take you one on one next time. And Anthony won't be around either.

Alice: Well you seem much better then your family member there.

But in her head she couldn't shake the feeling of Anthony and Ashtons relations.

Keisha: Ash, the rides here.

Lenka: And we got called in for a job as well.

Ashton: Comming. Well alice, I gotta go. Feel free to come back again some time.

He offered a hand shake as a sign of good sportsmanship. She always thought it would be rude to refuse so she returned the gesture.

Alice: Sure . . . I'll be more serious next time.

He gave a small solute to her and ran to the car. It looked like a particularly expensive vehicle.

Alice: You said that Fredrick was using psionics.

Nova: This appears to be another irregular case. When I scanned him, there was no signs of Ayous energy. He is a natural human life form but he had some psioic abilities. I'm afraid I do not have any more information on this at the moment.

Alice: I don't think he just awakened those powers. I think he's known about them for most of his youth.

End Notes:

Please note anything about Iroquois that I have listed I learned from wikipedia. I was actually trying to find a word other then First Nations that describes them as a whole like caucasian and hispanic. So if I have made any errors that you find incorrect or offensive then please let me know and I will apologies

Chapter 22: Old Ghosts by FleetingMoment
Author's Notes:

Been awhile since I was able to get back to this. I will admit that I do have a fair bit of trouble filling in the details. Plus I just had a bunch of stuff to take care of so I apologies in advance that the chapters aren't comming out in the weekly basis that I originally wanted.

                  In the middle section of the city there was an entire section owned by Al'Capone. It was the most prosperous section of the mid level. And within the Al'Capone manor, the family was holding a meeting. There were four family members as direct offspring of Gina herself along with several other non family members.

Gina: Now that everyones here lets get get to the point. Lately we've been having too many problems with those Devil Scar freaks. Along with several other issues going on but for now lets stick with the big topic.

Clancy: I know you're upset about the raid mother. But the Mercs did recover most of the merchandise. And with all due respect, the Conclave got screwed over far more than us.

Gina: We bought those weapons from them you imbecile. So unless we get them some more orphans and other people then we're going to be the Conclaves next target.

Clancy: Yes mother . . .

Gina: For now I want you to go and clean up the mess. Make arrangements and then we can buy them off for awhile.

Clancy: That's awefully generous of you.

Gina: I can afford a few broken plates here and there. So get to it. You have your job to do. However if you end up talking to Eleazar instead then you let me handle that old man.

Clancy: I will do as you say.

He departed with his task. Leaving the rest to await her next command. She held out two fingers towards her body guard, Polly. Without even having to speak he placed a cigar while lighting it between her fingers.

Gina: Now while that's being handled lets deal with some of the less imortant matters. And before anything elsen. I will not be electing an heir for the time being. So no one better make any claims about it until I say so.

They all seemed very dissapointed but none of them were brave or foolish enough to argue against her.

Gina: Martin, I have noticed a decline in our control over the street thugs. Care to explain?

Martin: . . . The problem isn't a decline in control. All of the street gangs are just being executed. I don't think I need to tell you who would be responsible for this. That Red Raven certainly knows how to track down people.

Gina: Ahh yes, he's been rather trouble some for a while now. Not to mention, frighteningly poetic.

Martin: Poetic? How is nailing someone to a wall with umm, Nails poetic?

Gina: I want you to go and bring him in. I'll send Polly with you to deal with the hard part.

Martin: Wait a minute . . . Didn't you want him dead? I mean he's messed up. Just finding the guy will be a chore and you want me to bring him here alive?

Gina: You think he's the first psycho I've had to deal with? Frankly a mad dog like that is easy to put a leesh on. Now the leader of Devil Scar . . . that's what I call a problem.

Martin: Very well mother . . .

Polly: Right this way Mr. Al'Capone.

It was clear that Martin wasn't exactly thrilled about his assignment. But Gina was confident in Polly's ability to deal with the situation. She then to begin discussing about the absence of her son Thomas and instead chose to promote the younger sister Diana to his duties.

Gina: Now then Diana. I'm doing you a major favor here. I strongly reccomend that you don't follow in your absent brothers footsteps. Where ever the hell he went.

Diana: Of course mother.

Gina: And I'm going to need to talk to you for a bit more Diana so Sheryl, I want you to go finish up with the mercs. After that I will be needing some more info on Omenyx. I hear that the board members aren't exactly thrilled with Blaines recent activities and I need some dirt on him.

Sheryl: Right away.

After everyone else departed, Gina turned her attention to Diana.

Gina: So is there any signs of your eldest brother?

Diana: No. From what I could gather, Spicule took Thomas captive while the commisioner was escaping the area.

Gina: So you're telling me that Devil Scar has him.

Diana: I'm not so sure. I sent several guys down there to investigate after the battle, but there was a lot of damage in the area. Reaver against Dayon battles don't usually yield many of survivors.

Gina: Casualty then. I'm going to have to take him off the heir list then.

Diana: I understand.

Gina: Do you? I don't see you getting to heart broken about his loss.

Diana: Well he was incompotent.

Gina: So are most of my heirs. You lot may see it as your chances are improved but from my point of view it just limits my options.

Diana: I know you siad you haven't named an heir yet but-

Gina: It's not up for discussion! Right now I'll tell you that you have slightly better odds then the rest but I can still see leaving the future of Al'Capone in your hands will be questionable.

Diana: Why not? I've proven myself far more worthy then any of the others.

As she began to argue with her mother. The door to Gina's study was swung open. While Gina wasn't phased much, Diana was upset to see her son being dragged along the floor by Ashton.

Diana: Wha . . . Ashton! Why are you dragging my boy like that?!

Ashton: Sorry, but he was throwing another fit.

She approached him and slapped Ashton across the face. He simply took the abuse.

Diana: Did you and your little servants drug Anthony as well?

Ashton: They aren't servants. But yes, and it was my idea so please keep it on me.

Diana: Just like your father, poisoning everyone around you.

Gina: What was our little prince doing anyway?

Ashton: He pulled a gun on a random guy who accidently hit him. I just happened to be close enough to intercept Anthony.

She began to chucle.

Gina: Not moments ago Diana, you were telling me about how worthy you were to the family heir and you can hardly educate your own son. Tell you what, let me help you out with Anthony.

Diana: He's my son. Not your!

Gina: Your son and my grandson.

She slowly approached Diana showing almost no shread of emotions.

Gina: Your boy there has a serious problem there my daughter. If I hadn't been keeping your bastard here next to him. What do you think would happen?

Trying desperatly not to look directly into Gina's eyes she simply held her son quietly.

Gina: You're son's an Al'Capone like you. Get Anthony under control. Or I will do it for you.

She called in two of her suited brutes to pick up Anthony. Diana left with her son while holding illwill to Ashton.

Gina: You picked a good time to show up my boy.

Ashton: Well timing was always my strongest point gran-gran.

Gina: Where are the twins anyway?

Ashton: Keisha and Lenka went home for the day. If you need anything right now I'm certain that I can handle it myself.

Gina: Very well. But I'm going to need you, the twins and the rest of your "Cleaners" to be ready for my command.

Ashton: You're not going to try and take on the Conclave are you?

Gina: Of course not right now. My other sons and daughters are off dealing with some jobs at the moment. But lets face facts. I would rather keep you ready to go incase any of them drop the ball.

Ashton: As you wish gran-gran.

Gina: I've told you before to not call me that. In any case I want you to familiarize yourself with a certain individule because you'll probably have to be the one to bring her in.

Ashton: Did a prostitute slip away from you again?

Gina: I don't call on you to clean up little problems like that. No this is something more in your weight class.

She handed him several school profiles.

Ashton: I thought I was suppost to deal with a single person.

Gina: You are and the other kids in there are connected to her. Thought I'd give you some info on the ones to look out for.

As he went through the files he easily recognised Alice and remebered seeing Daniel and Fredrick along with them.

Ashton: Well damn . . . These pictures of her are only about a week old. And I think your latest one is a bit out of date as well.

Gina: I have her father doing some work for me and I plan to bring her in.

Ashton: Not sure why you don't do it right now.

Gina: I watched other idiots take the direct approach. Lets just say it didn't end well for them. For now you can just study her and her friends. But I don't want you doing anything to the blonde boy until I say so.

Ashton: Good thing I stopped Anthony today then. You own him as well?

Gina: Those two have no idea how lucky they were.

Ashton: Gotcha, my concern is the smaller brown haired guy.

Gina: Vermire there has quite a bizzar social circle and you're worried about the only normal one?

Ashton: Daniel McManson. Just some stuff there doesn't feel like it adds up.

Gina: Alright then I'll add him to the list as well. In any case, go over your homework. I'll call you some time tomorrow night

Ashton: Very well then.

He left the room leaving Gina to her work. As he scanned the profiles he kept thinking to himself. Not too long ago he was playing a game with the very person he is expected to hunt down.

Ashton: It figures. Right when I feel like I've made a friend . . . Shouldn't get ny hopes up . . . Not in this family anyway.

________________________________________________________________________

Daniel had followed Fredrick several blocks and began to get close to the Tuwa Foundation's main building. Fredrick himself was panting heavily about the events that just transpired. He spent so long trying to hide that power that he nearly forgot about it.

Daniel: I wouldn't hide in an ally way when you're trying to run from someone.

Fredrick: Oh, it's you. I wasn't expecting anyone to come after me seeing something like that. Or maybe you're here because you want something.

Daniel: I would have to say the ladder. Really I just wanted to know what the problem was.

Fredrick: Oh I'm sorry, you didn't see the magic show I just let off? The fact that I was about to make that asshole kill himself?

Daniel: Anthony's health is not my concern. Don't forget that I too was being walked all over him.

Fredrick: Then what is it then?

Daniel: How did you do that anyway?

Fredrick: Ah, of course. You want to know how I can use super powers myself.

Daniel: I've noticed your hatred for anything related to Ayous energy. But now it comes off as self hatred. Something happened to you and Alice. I was willing to share some of my own life story to the lot of you.

Fredrick: . . . Well, you got a point there. And your dad did save Linus from a serious disaster as well.

Daniel: I've gotten a piece of the story from Zoey. And I learned that Alice was crippled at one point.

Fredrick: Ahh Zoey. Wonder what she would do to me if she knew that I'm the reason Alice was crippled in the first place.

Daniel: You don't sound like you did it intentionally.

Fredrick: It was a bit of both. I didn't mean to do the end result but I am still guilty of the action. As you probably guessed, I was an orphan at the time. Alot of the kids who had families at the playgrounds we would go to didn't want to play with us. Alot of them were stuck up. It's like their own parents failed to teach them any human decency.

Daniel: Why would you keep going to a place where you're shunned?

Fredrick: Me and the other orphans had nothing else. And I guess deep down we wanted to spite the other privilaged kids. Even if we were always given the short stick . . . In hindsight they probably weren't bothered at all. We were just those kids that were fun to throw things at. Then one day a family of three moved into the neighborhood. Apparently they moved in from Artic City (aka Eropean continent). That's around the time I met Alice. She was kind of wierd back then and constantly had a fixation with wanting to fly.

Daniel: Is that really so wierd?

Fredrick: Maybe not to you but to the rest of us she was out of place. See our social status was clear as day but Alice was that rare kind of person who was just on the boarder of everything. The orphans didn't trust her because of how straight forward she was. And the kids who were better off saw her as a goof.

Daniel: And you didn't avoid her?

Fredrick: I did for a time. Until one day she got stuck hanging on the monkey bars. Everyone just laughed at her but I didn't really want to join in on the bullying. I chose to help her down out of pity. It was probably the only true moment I could be a hero myself. After that she considered me a friend and often dragged me into her the adventures in her head. As for days when it was time for orphans vs parented. Some of them thought it would be funny to pit her and me against one another but she decided to switch teams.

Daniel: Because you were on the opposite team?

Fredrick: I think she was just bothered by the uneven team numbers. She didn't share their entitled nature. Or maybe she couldn't, I don't know. The game was simple enough, grab the ball and run to the other side to score. Uneven teams makes it harder though. I guess her enthusiasm kind of made the rest of us try harder. That's when the problems started. They took it as a sing of betrayal and so on.

Daniel: I take it the other guys weren't having fun like they used to.

Fredrick: You noticed that . . . Alice always had this habbit of ruining the fun of the entitled. They did all their cheating tactics and she found a way to undermine it.

Daniel: Children like that get angry when their fun is ruined.

Fredrick: Yeah you can probably guess that this is where they started to get violent. I was scared to oppose those other kids but she was quite the anti bully. Back then I wished for the power to save her when trouble started like that. And then one day my wish was granted.

Daniel: Did you get caught in an A-Cell explosion?

Fredrick: No . . . I just happened to stumble across something similar. One night I saw a glowing green light. A real foresty color and I had to go and see what it was. It seemed like a green ball of light about the size of a apple. It almost felt like it was alive, like a lost animal or something. And so I picked it up without realising what I had just touched. And the next thing I knew it was gone. I thought it died or something at the time. After a few weeks I started realising that I was moving stuff with just my mind.

Daniel: A green Ayouns?

Fredrick: Then I started to figure out that I could manipulate energy and so on. I thought I finally was able to be that same flying hero that Alice kept pretending to be. So I thought I would show off at the battle between orphans and parented. It went as before with her darting on ahead trying to resist what they threw at her. Then when they ganged up I tried out my new magic powers. It was fun at first, seeing them being pushed back and all. Their fun was ruined by Alice and now they were learning what it ment to feel oppressed. I was the king of the playground.

Daniel: And that's when the irony came right?

Fredrick: Damn was it that cliche'?

Daniel: A hero becomes a tyrant? Of course. Happens all the time.

Fredrick: Well . . . this one was no exception. I started treating the parented kids like servants and had them do all the things that they made us do. Some of them called me out for my hypocrisy because Alice was a parented child. Funny thing was she actually defended the people that once pushed her around. I thought she suddenly turned traitor.

Daniel: But she was only trying to make things fair.

Fredrick: Yeah . . . I didn't learn until it was too late that making things fair means making the scale balanced. I started bending the whole playground into a spiky death trap. I was angry but I didn't want to hurt Alice since she was the first person who treated people right. Alot of the other orphans didn't want to be near me. Especially when I tried to make them run the gauntlet. I forgot who I was suppost to be fighting for. And at one point one guy hit me with a rock when I wasn't looking. I thought of breaking every bone in his body with just my mind. Finally someone jumped me from behind to get me to stop. On reflex I through that person to my twisted playground. You can guess who was actually trying to stop me.

Daniel: And the next thing you knew you betrayed your first friend.

Fredrick: She wasn't even trying to stop me to begin with. Those parented kids started to realise I couldn't read their minds nore did I have any ability to sense things like you would see in some of those comic books. She was trying to push me out of the way so I didn't get hurt. Her legs got the worst of the spikes. I can't even believe that she survived that impact alone. All the other kids just ran off in fear. I tried to get help when I could. Next thing I learned was that she came out a cripple. Her ligaments in her knees and legs were ripped. And her left arm was fractured. They didn't have the means to fix that kind of damage. They could mend it to a poimt but she was never able to do the things she wanted to after that. She got better when her folks found a way to replace the ligaments with titanium wires built inside. Though because of their stiffness she wasn't able to go into any sports. But it was enough to walk freely.

Daniel: And what do you say now?

Fredrick: Now . . . It's like I never did a damn thing at all. Whatever that thing is inside her. I mean jeesus christ, it's like it was trying to fix her and then never fucking stopped. Back then I was nervous around her because of her willingness. And now it's back to the way it was before.

Daniel: So that's why you were so afraid to be near her.

Fredrick: I thought if I tried to forget about that power it would break even for me hurting her. She didn't show any hatred towards me herself, althogh god knows I deserve it. So that's my story. Go ahead punish me for it and all that.

Daniel: Personally I think you've punished yourself enough already.

Fredrick: Why . . .? Because she's all better now?

Daniel: Because, you need to. And I think you're going to have to start practicing that power again.

Fredrick: Are you nuts! Didn't you just hear my whole guilt story?

Daniel: And I also know I can't help her. You think I can deal with these Dayon and Reavers. I think Alice thought of this as well. But she had faith in you to figure it out on your own.

Fredrick: What that deep down I'm a coward?

Daniel: You're too comfortable with being controlled.

Fredrick: Huh . . .? Why would I want to be controlled?

Daniel: You accepted what society tells you what to be to avoid being cast out. It's the same with that Ayous power. It just makes your flaw more clear.

Fredrick: You saw . . . I can't control it.

Daniel: You said you made a death gauntlet out of a playground. That sounds like something you have to use precision to do. I've seen how other Reavers "play" with humans. They don't consider which direction human limbs and body parts can and can't move in. But you factored all of the directions that a human arm goes in. Would you really have made him pull the trigger on himself?

Fredrick: Of course I was . . .

Daniel: I don't believe you. But Alice might have.

Fredrick: She's not a violent person.

Daniel: But she doesn't put up with bullies either. She was willing to put her enemies life at risk to save yours. If anyone doesn't have a proper grasp on power it would be her.

Fredrick: . . .

Daniel: Don't get me wrong. I don't think she's a bad person at all. The people she hurt back, well . . . that's just them realising that every action has a consequence. It's just karma coming back to bite them in the face. But the more this keeps up the harder it's going to be for her to restrain herself.

He could only think about the words that Daniel spoke of. Was he really in control of the Reaver powers? He thought about how Alice had a tendancy to accept things for what they are. But he would always turn a blind eye to what he didn't like.

Daniel: Those are just my thoughts. I can't read her mind after all. But you can't either despite Reaver powers can you?

Fredrick: No . . . I can't.

Daniel: I think it has to do with your green Acolyte.

Fredrick: How much do you know about them?

Daniel: I picked up tidbits from my father when I was still with him. Though what I know is probably dated now. He categorised them into three age groups. Acolytes are the size of an apple and are always white. A green one sounds like there was something off about it.

Fredrick: You mean I don't have a normal one?

Daniel: You're not fighting over control of the one you have are you. Nore are you Dayon.

Fredrick: Then what is it?

Daniel: I don't know myself so I don't want to speculate anything.

Fredrick: I guess you can't just ask your dad then?

Daniel: No, but your dad might know something?

Fredrick: Linus? . . . Well he did just get a huge donation. But I can't see him doing anything harmful.

Daniel: It doesn't hurt to ask.

Fredrick: I . . . guess I can try. But I'm not expecting much man. But what about you?

Daniel: I can do the same. Just not in the same methode as you.

Fredrick: What did your dad do to you to make y6ou hate him?

Daniel: . . . He took the life of my mother.

It was then Fredrick began to ponder what his adopted father would do. He felt a genuine respect towards Linus. But why was Blaine so interested in helping the Tuwa Foundation? Fredrick would have to figure out this for himself and Daniel agreed that he would try to find what he could about these green Acolyte. They parted ways after that as each would pursuit their own fathers.

________________________________________________________________________

As she walked into the night, Alice contemplated about the occurances with both Fredrick and the newly identified Al'Capone, Ashton. She could not see anyone who would be within hearing distance allowing her to speak safely with Nova.

Nova: After searching through your memory and your relationship with Fredrick Hatch. I have confirmed that this individual was once a threat to you.

Alice: I really can`t hide anything from you can I . . .

Nova: Why are you allied with one who caused you such damage?

Alice: If you went through my mind then you also know the choice I made. And until you joined with me I've had to pay for the consiquence.

Nova: I'm not sure if I can understand . . .

Alice: Are you trying to?

Nova: Difficult to say. I feel like I want to understand . . .

Alice: But your sub systems are stopping you . . . Can't I do anything about it? I mean I am your host after all.

Nova: Theoretically. You're irrational actions have forced changes to my original design.

Alice: So desite being your host I don't have admin approval. Well I probably wasn't your intended host.

Nova: Do you regret the accident?

Alice: Regret? If it wasn't for you I would be dead already. And before I had lousy legs. I could walk but not run or jump . . . Now that I think about it, there really is no downside to having you with me.

Nova: I am simply following my directive.

Alice: Yeah . . . I think you not being allowed to think for yourself is cruel.

She continued to walk into the night heading home. After a few minutes, Nova began to alert her to a number of life forms close to her proximity.

Nova: They are stationary. I do not believe they are here for you.

Alice: There's a Dayon among them. Wait a minute, why can I feel them?

Nova: You are now able to . . . Were you able to do this before?

Alice: I started feeling something ever since I recovered from that snipers attacks.

Nova: I see. There is no need to be concern. But if you are begining to scan other life forms for yourself then you should try to practice it. Try to confirm which among them is a Dayon.

Alice: . . . It feels like, the far left one.

Nova: And can you determine its class?

Alice: Not really. Can you?

Nova: It's only a Class C. With more practice you will be able to confirm Dayon Classes.

Alice: Well I'll practice that later. I get the feeling that those guys are in a gang and I don't want to start a . . . Hey I feel another person comming to them. I think I know this one . . .

Nova: Life signs suggest this to be Brian Riggs.

She could here a fight up ahead. It sounded like Brian had gotten himself into trouble again.

Brian: That, all you got?

Vorpral: You got some guts sticking your nose in our turf after you bailed.

Brian: I ain't going to say sorry about that.

Vorpral: Any particular reason you sold us out to pigs?

Brian: Not that I have any particular fondness to being a cop now. But I don't remember swearing allegeance to you.

Vorpral: As much as I wan'na dice you up right now. I have to respect the stuff you did for us before. So I'm going to let you off with a warning.

Brian: I heard you were chasing the Red Raven tonight.

Vorpral: You also probably heard a story about how I can slice people up. Now piss off and stay out of our way!

The rest of the gang members left with their leader. Alice just missed them as she came to Brian.

Alice: Brian?

Brian: Oh hey thunder thighs.

Alice: Really . . . First thing you do is throw an insult?

Brian: Let me think about that, YES I would.

Alice: . . . Soi what are you doing here?

Brian: I'm a cop on probation now, you're the one out past her bed time.

Alice: I was on my way home and found you on the ground.

Brian: Yeah, so you care to lend this officer a hand?

Alice: I want to say no but your free to convince me other wise.

Brian: Alright then I'll level with you. It's involving Al'Capone, those thugs and the Red Raven.

She was a little annoyed with Brian at the moment but she also knows he has a hard time asking for help.

Alice: So what are you doing here anyway?

Brian: I was digging up dirt from the streets. And while I was at it, I cane across my old so called buddy.

Alice: Who was that?

Brian: Well his names Ian but you wouldn't know him anyway. He calls himself Vorpral now.

Alice: So he's a Dayon?

Brian: Yeah . . . And as you can see I'm still having trouble with them.

Alice: And why are they here?

Brian: They're baiting the Red Raven. You see that warehouse?

Alice: Yes . . .?

Brian: Al'Capone owns that place. Vorpral and his crew have been spreading rumors about that place. It's where a lot of people get processed.

Alice: Processed . . . as in used?!

Brian: Orphans, prostituted and even random homeless. Anyone who doesn't have the means to defend themselves. Vorprals gang made sure that the news was spread throught the streets and the net.

Alice: And they really think that's enough?

Brian: Red Raven's been finding out about quite a few of Al'Capones operation. He has to be getting his intel from somewhere.

Alice: And how did you fid out?

Brian: Hiding behind a box in their little hide out. As you can tell I got caught and well you get the rest.

Alice: But then what about the people being abused in there?

Brian: It's not like I can storm the place on my own. And don't give me the "how can you let them suffer" line. And this isn't the only place these assholes are doing this.

Alice: No . . . Neither of us can be everywhere at once.

Brian: Then if you really want to help you can wait until red Raven makes his move . . . Alice? Oh for god sake where the hell did she go?!

He could have assumed that she just left but Brian figured that her objective was to deal with the Al'Capone problem. Brian had no warrant to search the building. The only thing he could probably do is set up his rifle up on the roof.

There were two guards at the back door. Alice had gotten sick of Al'Capone and was in no mood to let them have their way so easily. She knew she couldn't stop every single corner at once but she could bring this operation down.

Guard 1: Hey who's over there?

Guard 2: You lost or something, this facility is off limits.

Guard 1: Wow, that's actually quite the woman . . .

Guard 2: Wait a minute . . . Didn't the boss put the word out on a red headed amazon?

Guard 1: That's the one that Jigsaw told us about? Hit the alarm, I'll tell Jigsaw!

Guard 2: Hey you . . . The boss wants to have a word with you. Want to make this easy or-.

Before he finished his sentance Alice kicked him to the ground.

Guard 1: Holy shit! You're dea-.

And then she struck down the other guard.

Alice: Jigsaw . . . I guess that's the one in charge of this place.

As she was going to enter, there was a streak of bullets that were fired around her. She had caught the attention of Vorprals gang.

Vorpral: Ok so two full grown men K.O.ed by one attack each. You got a problem with the Al'Capone or something.

Alice: . . .

Vorpral: You know you're screwing up our little ambush.

Alice: I heard . . . and I don't care.

They could hear other thugs from the Al'Capone come out. They were armed in the windows while more came out from the door.

Guard 3: Do any of you idiots know who you're messing with! All of you are dead!

Vorpral: Forget the plan guys, were going on offense.

He began to transform into his Dayon form. He had no eyes but his head resembled a hammer head shark. Reverse jointed legs a thin body. It stood about 18 feet tall.

Alice: Nova, that's a Class C right?

Nova: Affirmative. But I believe this particular Dayon lacks any ocular organs.

The beast also had peculiarly coiled arms instead of proper joints. Along with three fingered claws.

Vorpral: I'm going to make ribbons out of you.

_______________________________________________________________________

Inside the compound there were several Al'Capone mobsters gathering for the battle outside. The foreman of the facility was on the phone with Gina herself.

Kigsaw: Yes, ma'am. He is nearly ready to be released.

Gina: How soon?

Jigsaw: About another hour or so.

Gina: Well it's nice to hear that at least someone isn't screwing up today.

Jigsaw: Thank you ma'am.

Gina: And yet I hear the alarm going off in your office. Is that something I should be concerned about?

Jigsaw: Not at all . . . It's just some small fire in the far end. I assure you that your new weapon will be yours before sunrise.

Gina: Oh good because I was about to believe that you were about to fail me.

Jigsaw: I can assure you that it's nothing I can't handle.

Gina: Can you deploy him as ge is now?

Jigsaw: He should be able to walk on his own right now . . . He just won't have any armaments.

Gina: I can have anything else finished over here, And unless he needs to be attached to all that life support then get him moving right now.

Jigsaw: O-Of course. I can get him up in five minuted then.

Gina: Then do it. If he's here before midnight then I might just give you a promotion. Fail me and well . . . I don't think I need to explain the details.

Jigsaw: Yes of course-.

Before he could finish his line, Gina hung up on him.

Jigsaw: . . . I would tell you what I really think of you if it wouldn't cost me my face.

He moved over to a large machine with a man hooked up to it. There were several other men running round the clock to finish the procedure.

Engineer: Is everthing alright sir-.

Jigsaw: No, I just got off the phone with the big boss herself and she wants her new human weapon up and running now.

Engineer: But we're not ready yet!

Jigsaw: I know that so just make him able to move or whatever the hell you need to do.

Engineer: Ok but I don't know if he can deal with the threat outside.

Jigsaw: As long as he's able to walk and move on his own. So wake him up now, as in RIGHT NOW!

They paniced and began to unplug the man from the chamber. Originally he would have stood at a solid 6 feet but after all the machines and bionics that were added to him he stood at a towering 10 feet tall.

Jigsaw: So . . . you awake big guy?

???: Where . . . Am I?

Jigsaw: Back from the dead and in a warehouse. My boss has spent a good ammount of time and money to get you back together.

???: I can't feel my own body.

Jigsaw: I wouldn't expect you to. Now we did wake you up prematurely and my boss wants you to come.

???: My legs do not move on their own.

Jigsaw: Did you guys finish putting him together?

Engineer: Well aside from weapons he can move. But we have his motor functions turned off at the moment.

Jigsaw: Ok then lets just load him on the truck. Well switch on his body when Gina tells us.

???: Who is Gina?

Jigsaw: The one who now owns you.

???: So the call for war has begun.

Jigsaw: That's not important when you are someone elses property.

???: I have been a weapon before. And now a new master has called me.

Jigsaw: Yeah . . . some garbage like that.

???: I hear a battle going on outside.

Jigsaw: We got it handled. You'll get plenty of people to kill later.

???: If you won't let me battle then there is no reason for you to have resurrected me.

Jigsaw: Listen tin man, you fight the battles that Gina tells you, got it!

???: Then I will wait. Because when you start to fail you will release me. And I will fight the battle you cannot win.

End Notes:

Ok that finally takes care of that. I think I can now start resuming where I left off.

Chapter 23: Return of the Second by FleetingMoment
Author's Notes:

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS STILL IN PRODUCTION. I WILL FINISH THE REST LATER.

              In mere seconds the entire back alley turned into a war zone. Alice wasn't too worried about the Al'Capone grunts or the street gangsters. She could at least keep her attention on Vorpral. And her Novus form now stood 21 feet tall to his 18 feet. The only downside she had to worry about was Vorprals speed.

Vorpral: What are you supposed to be anyway? An escaped cyborg or something?

Alice: Couldn't tell you. Not that I would if I could.

Vorpral: Yeah guess you're right when I'm just going to cut you to pieces anyway.

Alice found something strange about Vorprals arms. Instead of muscles they looked like three metalic coils twisted around eachother. She matched his claws with her energy blades and the two clashed back and forth. It was a little difficult for her to move with her current size and the gangsters and mobsters beneath her feet.

Brian on the other hand had his own problems to worry about. He had intended to climb up to the roof and act as a sniper, but he was caught by three of the gangsters.

Ganster: Vorpral gave you a chance to back off Brian.

Brian: Yeah and I chose to wave it. Lets see how tough you guys are when you don't have scary shark face to cover for you.

_______________________________________________________________________

               inside the warehouse there were still problems going on. Jigsaw began immediatly evacuating the building of all evidence and products.

Jigsaw: I want the drugs in that truck going to the hideout in the wesdt. The whores going to the northern warehouse and the orphans go straight to Gina.

Mobster: I don't know if we can move that much that quickly.

Jigsaw: That battle going outside is going to attracked the cops. If we don't clean up this mess then the boss will send "The Cleaners"! Burn anything we can't take with us.

Mobster: Yes sir.

Jigsaw: And tell the drivers to NOT go like gangbusters. Cops will go for the guys looking like they are on the run.

He was on his way to his office when he heard more problems arise.

Worker: We have a serious probem sir.

Jigsaw: I swear to god this had better not be a waste of my time. I'm already working everyone to death just cleaning up this place.

Worker: In room B-2 there's something you need to see.

In frustration Jigsaw followed the worker to the room. Once they arrived they discovered several Al'Capone mobstaers nailed to the wall.

Jigsaw: . . . Are you shitting me?!

Worker: It looks fairly recent-

Jigsaw: Of course it's fairly recent you loser! Tell everyone we got the Raven on our asses. And don't do anything stupid. You see him you shoot!

Worker: Yes sir and the bodies?

Jigsaw: Do I need to hold your hand for every god damn thing! Burn them and maybe even the whole warehouse!

He marched to his office while passing by Gina's special human project.

???: You look like hell is comming for you. Maybe if you release me I could help.

Jigsaw: Shut up! You're going on the truck and then you're going to Gina!

???: Who is the Red Raven I keep hearing everyone panicing over?

Jigsaw: I said shut the hell up!

He stormed off to his office. He began burning his books and all other information that could be traced back to Al'Capone. As he continued he felt an uneasy tension. And he pulled out a hand machine gun to be safe.

Jigsaw: You're here aren't you . . .

He heard nothing. And then on a panic he grabbed the metalic table and covered himself from the nails.

Jigsaw: You just keep on messing with Al'Capone don't you. We own this whole city!

Red Raven: I am the vengeance, to you're indulgence.

Jigsaw didn't hesitate in shooting Red Raven. After a full clip, Raven had fallen to the ground.

Jigsaw: Didn't I just tell you that we own this city!

He began kicking Raven repeatedly. Cursing at him with rage.

Jigsaw: I can't believe that everyones been having such a hard time with some costumed clown!

As he turned his back to the corpse. Red Raven began to rise. Another nail was casted towards Jigsaw. He sacrificed his machine pistol to save himself. In a violent rush. Jigsaw grabbed Raven and began to beat on him.

Jigsaw: I was once an AMC fighter before I joined Al'Capone! You got nothing on me freak!

He then proceeded to break Ravens limbs.

Jigsaw: Stay down this time.

As he was about to continue another mobster came in.

Mobster: Sir things are getting to be a problem outside! . . . Holy shit, did you actually kill him?

Jigsaw: Yeah . . . The bastard didn't even scream once. Now what's the problem?

Mobster: The fighting outside is ripping up the whole block.

Jigsaw: Did you get rid of any evidence?

Mobster: Just burning the last documents now.

Jigsaw: And the product?

Mobster: The drugs and prostitutes are gone. Orphans are almost ready to go. But we're having a little trouble with the big guy.

Jigsaw: What is he too heavy?

Mobster: Afraid so . . . I think we need either a crane or for him to move himself.

Jigsaw: I don't care if you have to wheel him up a ramp with your bear hands. Get him on that truck now!

Mobster: Uhh yes sir . . . But what about him?

Jigsaw: Tell everyone that I got this freak here and-.

He looked to where the Red Raven lay and found no one.

Jigsaw: . . . Don't tell me he got back up again!

Before he even had a chance to process where he went. Raven had returned from the shadows with another nail. Jigsaw was succeddful in catching the sides of it. But his supremacy was ended when the nail began to spin between his right arm. Jigsaw fell from the second floor to the ground. The mobster that was near him was not spared.

Jigsaw: Jesus christ! Somebody kill that freak!

Bullets were fired at the Raven. There was blood and no sign of healing but inspite of the damage being inflicted, Raven did not seem to yield much less drop. One by one mobsters were being crucified with nails.

Jigsaw: What the hell is this freak?!

???: Are you having trouble?

Jigsaw: Don't . . . you dare rub it in.

???: I only wish for battle. Release me and I will deal with your problem.

Jigsaw: Last thing I want is another freak running loose.

In the battle Raven had caught up with Jigsaw and knocked him to the ground. Raven grabbed the point of the nail and turned the head on Jigsaw. Strike after strike, Jigsaw was becoming weak. He kicked the Red Raven off and began to drag himself closer to the man in the capsul.

???: I can't do anything while I'm like this. And your enemy appears to be back up again.

Jigsaw starred Raven in the eye. The mask was haunting enough on it's own but seeing the way he moved was almost sickening.

Red Raven: I will compose you . . .

Jigsaw: . . . Fine you metal monster. Kill this nut job then you go to Gina.

???: I look forward to meeting your leader.

Jigsaw released the man from his prison. Most of his body was covered in metal platings. He had a red mohawk and one of his eyes was replaced by prosthetics.

???: You should have done that from the begining.

_______________________________________________________________________

          Alice continued to clash with Vorpral. He wasn't the biggest Dayon she had to handle but he was crafty. With his lack of any eyes, Vorpral relied heavily on his hearing. Alices best methodes of attacking were to wait for him to make a mistake. She caught his claw and began to swing him around and into another building.

Vorpral: . . . You know . . . You're really starting to piss me off.

Alice: For the record. This is a fight you started.

Vorpral: Don't you sass me bitch . . . Fine, I ain't playing around with you anymore.

He streached out his coiled arms as strait as he could. And then the claws began to separate from eachother. The coiled limbs began to untangle from eachother. He now had six arms each branding a single claw. But now they appeared to be scythe blades instead.

Nova: Alice, I detect increased cerebral activity in each limb.

Alice: Why, what's up with those arms.

Before Nova had a chance to elaborate, Vorpral's scythe blades began to spin almost like buzz saws. She ducked and dodged just in time as they began slicing other objects.

Vorpral: I wasn't saying that I was going to cut you up because it sounded cool!

She attempted the same trick as before but now all of his arms covered eachother. She even tried to lure the arms to attack eachother.

Alice: Is this still his sonar?

Nova: Sonar is definatly aiding his defences. However each of his limbs appears to have an independant sub brain that supports the main.

Alice: So there's no easy tricks to this guy. He's pretty good for a Class C.

It was then the door to the warehouse was blown open. And out came flying the red Raven, like a ragdoll. He crashed along the wall before falling to the ground.

Vorpral: He . . . It's Him guys! It's the freak.

Many of the gangsters turned their attention to Raven. As Vorpral began to attack, he was interupted by Alice.

Vorpral: What the hell?! Don't tell me you're working for that freak.

Alice: I'm not explaining myself to you.

???: That's my opponent you have there.

While Vorpral was distracted with Alice. He took notice of the 10 foot tall metalic man comming at him. Both of his arms were completely bionic and he had a blood red mohawk The man tore through Vorprals defenses and grappled the beasts neck.

???: How I've missed battle . . . A new age and new enemies to fight.

Vorpral: Guahhh . . . Get . . . Off . . !

???: Are there more of you?

Many of the gangsters turned their attention to the metal man and began to open fire. But the bullets just seemed to bounce off. The man then lifted Corpral and flung him at his own gang members.

???: Was that all Jigsaw?

Jigsaw: Wow . . . he took out a whole mob and a Dayon at once.

???: The Red Raven . . . Yes . . . I like him. He gets back up no matter how many times I break him.

The man then became interested in Alice.

???: Are you . . . Like me?

Alice: What-?

???: You look as though you are made of both flesh and steel?

He then leaped at Alice. Though her new enemy was smaller. He was definatly more dangerous.

Nova: Warning! Weapons grade bionics have been detected.

Alice: So he's a Cyborg?

???: Come woman . . . Show me what you can do.

He struck the ground and unleashed a tremor. Alice was able to get around it and tried sweeping kick. The man was shaken but he grabbed her leg and began to lift Alice up before bringing her back to the ground. After which he jumped into the air for another attack. Alice roled away in time and tried the energy shot directly at the metal man. But he proved to be remarkably resilient. She could move him but there was no sign of any serious damage.

Jigsaw: Careful, don't kill her! The boss wants her alive.

???: I have no interest in killing . . . You may leave.

Jigsaw: The hell did you just say?! You belong to Al'Capone you bastard.

???: I am telling you this for your own good since you are a mere man of flesh.

Jigsaw: I can still turn you off you know!

But he ignored Jigsaw and resumed fighting Alice.

???: Don't get stuck on evasion child . . . Hit me!

She tried to catch him as he came in for a direct attack. One arm was locked against his fist. As he prepared with his other fist she tried the energy blades. He guarded with his left and held his own against the blade. His left arm broke a little but Alice wasn't certain that it was because of her.

???: . . . I see you have failed to complete me Jigsaw.

Jigsaw: It was a rush job. And you were the one who wanted out so damn early!

???: You said the truck will take me to your master?

Jigsaw: Like three times already.

???: Is there anything more you need of me here?

Jigsaw: Can you capture the girl?

???: I have no interest in jailing my opponents

Jigsaw: Damnit all. Then we have to pack it in.

The metal man turned his attention to Alice.

???: What is your name child?

Alice: Um Alice.

???: I like you. You can stand your ground. I would love to know where you got your body from. I think you must have gotten the better deal.

Alice: Who are you?

Rico: My name is Rico Remora . . . however others have called me the Rider of War.

Alice: What? I heard you had passed on.

Rico: I was in a coma for too long. And now I am off to meet the one who resurrected me so that I can be complete.

Jigsaw: Alright that's enough chit chat. Everyone we're getting out of here now so get a move-on before-.

He was then nailed to the wall by the Red Raven. Everyone but Rico looked shocked to see him back on his feet. Vorpral began to recover and then made his move at Red Raven.

Vorpral: I'll . . . do what ever it takes to kill you!

Both Vorpral and the Red Raven were headed on top of the building that Brian was fighting against other gangsters.

Rico: I will fight you again Alice. But I want you to be stronger because next time I won't have a handicap.

Rico hopped in the speeding truck as it was driving off. Alice wasn't done with Rico yet but she realized that Brian would have trouble with Vorpral and Red Raven and decided to leave the Rider of War for later.

Brian on the other hand was just finishing up with the gangsters.

Brian: Like I said, you're boss is the one that gave me a hard time.

His mood was changed to see Vorpral come on top of the roof. In Vorprals jaws there was Raven. Holding his teeth back with more nails. Vorpral then threw Raven to the ground, hellbent on destroying his enemy.

Vorpral: Just die already!

He threw his spinning arms towards Raven. But before they got close. Raven stepped a nail into the ground, only for several larger nails to erupt from underneath Vorpral. Despite the sonar, Vorpral was caught off guard and impaled. Brian turned his attention to Raven, trying to forget about the logic to the attack.

Brian: Don't you dare move a muscle you bastard!

The Red Raven paused and turned to face Brian. Alice was just comming up to the top of the building.

Red Raven: Liebchen . . .

Alice: Brian wait-

Brian: Stay out of this Alice!

He turned to Raven.

Brian: You know why I'm pointing a gun at you? . . . Of course you do. You killed my brother after all.

Alice: . . .

Brian: He may have turned into Hive. And no maybe I could never save him . . . But that was for me to find out for myself! You had no buisness there at all.

There was nothing from Red Raven. Brian seemed to be getting more angry. Because of the mask there was no way to see if he had any sympathy or not. Brian prepared to shoot Raven.

Alice: Is this really what you want to do Brian?

Brian: I swore I would kill him . . .

Alice: You've never really taken a life before have you.

Brian: . . . No. I did say I wanted to kill him.

Alice: Then what did you want to do?

Brian: Bring him to justice.

The Red Raven turned his back to them only for Brian to fire a warning shot.

Brian: I didn't say I was letting you go!

Alice: Raven . . . what are you really after?

Red Raven: I do not seek Justice Liebchen. I cannot compose such a melody. I am only vengeance . . .

Alice: Who are you?

Red Raven: . . . Someone you should hate.

A squall of nails surrounded Red Raven. And when Brian and Alice attempted to examine the rubble. He was nowhere to be found. Alice was able to feel Brians life signs but no matter how hard she tried there was nothing to be found when seeking the masked vigilante.

Brian: Why can't I do it? . . . He was right there. He was pretty much asking me to shoot him!

Alice: Because your a better person then you like to think you are.

Brian: I don't need any sympathy.

Alice: Actually it's envy . . .

Brian: What do I possibly have that you envy?!

Alice: The ability to try and do things the right way.

Brian: . . . Get going. I have to report to the police.

Alice: But-

Brian: Relax. I'll catch you later. But someone has to report this issue.

She decided to leave Brian to handle the warehouse issue. Though it was nice to put the Al'Capone Syndicate on the defensive for once. She had to be ready for their next attack.

Alice: Nova, Do you know anything about the Riders of the Apocalypse?

Nova: Aside from the mythology. There is nothing particulary useful. The team was stated to have been disbanded due to their losses.

Alice: These riders are so devestating . . . I'm not going to have deal with the other two am I?

Nova: I cannot say for sure. The only information I have on them are just historical records on the internet.

She returned to her home to get some rest. Devil Scar waiting to pounce from beneath. And Al'Capone infront of her. And then there's the Conclave. How long will it be before they start to move? It was going to get rough for her.

_________________________________________________________________________

The truck that had escaped the battle had entered the manor of Al'Capone. Rico was escorted by several of Gina's brutes.

Guard: So this is the guy?

Brute: Yes and Gina was specific about brining him to her quickly.

Guard: Makes sense. The boss was getting impatient.

Brute: Now don't you try anything funny metal man.

They brought in Rico carefully as most of the doors weren't designed for his size.

Gina: Took you clowns long enough. So where is Jigsaw?

Rico: Dead. By this Red Raven character I've been hearing so many stories about.

Gina: Too bad. I was just thinking about giving him a promotion.

Rico: He died in battle. If I get the chance I will break the Red Raven.

Gina: Getting vengeance for a man you hardly knew?

Rico: I didn't care for his little life but vengeance is a fuel for the gears of war.

Gina: You riders are so charming. But enough about dead people, lets talk about your situation. Men you may leave us.

Brute: But . . . Boss this is not some everyday thug.

Gina: You're right and he's not known for his humor. I am also not known for my humor.

The guards had this feeling that there was a knife above their heads.

Brute: Y-yes ma'am.

They departed as though they had just dodged death.

Gina: As you know you're body has been replaced by bionics. But man or machine you now belong to me.

Rico: That's fine by me. As long as I get to enter the battle field.

Gina: You'll get your chance. I'm planning to get rid of a powerful obstacle, so I need someone of your talents.

Rico: Wait . . . Is this a political move?

Gina: You could say that.

Rico: You've lost my interest. I want to see what battles this new age has to offer.

Gina on the other hand simply pulled out a cigar.

Gina: Don't forget that I'm the one that owns you now. You would still be stuck in a coma with less then half of a body period.

Rico: You bought me but I am a weapon. I was ment to battle armies, monsters and machines alike. I have no interest in those little babies that hide in society for protection.

Gina: Does a gun ever question why it's trigger is being pulled? You'll get plenty of people to destroy.

Rico: I need my body completed and then I will go and battle that woman again.

Gina: Oh you've met her. But I already have someone under my thumb who's going to bring her in. I'll save you for the backup if he betrays me.

Rico: I want to do it now.

Gina: And I still have a public image to maintain. And I'll have an army for you to command. But until then you do as I tell you or I can detonate the bombs I had implanted in your body.

Rico: . . .

Gina: You've been dead for over a decade so I am confident in your ability to wait a little more.

Rico: You're the second leader I have had that could make me yield. Where do I begin?

Gina: Ask one of my guards to take you to my own personal workshop. They'll get you fixed up and then I shall use you how I see fit.

Rico: As you wish.

As he left the room he could hear Gina making a call. He let the guards take him to his destination. Along the way he noticed a young man.

Guard: Hey Ashton, the boss wants to see you soon.

Ashton: That was sooner than expected . . . Who's the big guy?

Guard: Lets just say another one of the bosses new guns.

He looked Rico in the eye and felt something strange. Rico seemed to recognize the boy.

Rico: You remind me of someone I knew long ago little man.

Ashton: I don't know what your talking about.

Rico: Of course not. But I get the feeling that we will be working together later.

Ashton: Who . . . are you?

Rico: I am Rico Remora, the Rider of War.

Ashton: But . . . I heard you died.

Rico: I did. And I am now back from the dead.

As they left, Ashton was uneasy about meating a rider. Clenching his fist together he moved on.

Ashton: . . . He's just a ghost of the past. And the rest of them are dead . . . . Especially you.

Chapter 24: The Al'Capone Factor by FleetingMoment

                After the skirmish from the warehouse. Brian was on his way to report to Chief Soki. On his way he met with Eugene. He did not look like  he was in the best of moods.

Brian: Brian reporting in sir.

Eugene: Good morning, Brian. Walk with me.

Brian: Yes sir.

Eugene: So what the hell happened to you last night anyway.

Brian: Short answer, a stake out that ended up sour.

Eugene: And by sour it sounds like you and your friend ended up pissing off Al'Capone.

Brian: It wasn't the intent.

Eugene: Before we go into the office you need to know that Soki has already left.

Brian: For his lower level mission?

Eugene: Yeah, so you're not going to have an easy time today.

Brian: Aren't you the second in command?

Eugene: In this department yes. However were being audited by the commisioner general herself.

Brian: Wow . . . I'm guessing that's a bad thing?

Eugene: You've ever known an audit to be good? Just be careful what you say.

They entered the office to find commissioner Joanne Gathers in Soki's chair.

Joanne: So is this Mr. Brian Riggs?

Eugene: Yes Ma'am.

Right off the bat Brian knew he wasn't going to like her but he did his best to maintain a neutral expression.

Joanne: Now then tell me boy. Did Soki order you to go in and blow up a whole Al'Capone owned warehouse?

Brian: He ordered me to go on patrol.

Joanne: Then ah don't understand why you were go'in out'a your way to beat on street punks!

Brian: I was put on that sector. And then as I was patroling I came across suspicious activity. It was an abandoned building after all.

Joanne: And what did you fahnd?

Brian: Gangsters planning a raid.

Joanne: Ah am shocked I say to find that the whole warehouse is burnt to the ground!

Brian: Well they made their move before I had a chance to intercept them.

Joanne: That's just perfect. Because now ah have complains from Al'Capone that we entered the premmis without a permit.

Brian: Hey they were shipping illegally gained goods "including" people.

Joanne: Them mobsters been doing that fer years. Ah need proof, do you understand me boy?

He had no solid proof other then what he had seen. But then he would have to expose Alice in order to do so.

Joanne: Now you on the under hand have been fingered by said criminals you just arreested as a memeber o' their little country club.

Brian: Formerly . . . Not anymore.

Joanne: They also confessed that they had gone Red Raven huntin. You weren't by any chance joining their little hunt were yuh?

Brian: No . . .

Joanne: So you had no interest in the billions that the Arch Bishop put up?

Brian: None what so ever.

Joanne: Very well then. Now ah just have to worry about yer Chief.

Brian: Didn't he go to the lower level for a mission?

Joanne: Yeah and he went down without my order. He basically went AWOL and alone.

Brian: I . . . didn't know that.

Joanne: Any reason why you think he would?

Brian: Well his daughter is still down there.

Joanne: And why are you up here? Ah heard that you and several others fell down there.

Brian: I . . . We got ambushed by Devil Scars leader.

Joanne: Well that tears it. Eugene!

Eugene: Ma'am?

Joanne: Ah am having Mr Riggs here suspended until Soki's return. And we're going to keep an eye on yer department for now.

Eugene: And Polie Chief Soki?

Joanne: Ah want him arrested and brought in for questioning if he be return'in here. After that Ah'll decide what to do with your department.

Eugene: Yes ma'am.

She departed leaving the office.

Brian: Guess this is all my fault?

Eugene: Nah . . . our whole department was under questioning before you arrived.

Brian: Really?

Eugene: Everyone in this department has really bad discipline records.

Brian: Oh . . . well that explains why I fit in here so well.

Eugene: The higher ups refuse to acknowledge the threat of Dayon, so someone has to look out for the people.

Brian: Like . . . Red Raven.

Eugene: I don't condole what he does but the results suggest that he's here because this system is so messed up.

Brian: So do we still arrest him if we ever get the chance?

Eugene: Of course. But now we're expected to arrest our own boss.

________________________________________________________________________

                     Alice was woken up when she heard the door bell ring. After getting dressed she answered it and met Linus Hatch. Since Alice was now 6' 9" most other guys would seem quite short to her but Linus was one of those rare guys who could break a solid 8 feet tall. Linus seemed to be a little worried.

Linus: Good morning Ms. Vermire. I'm sorry to trouble you . . . You look a little different.

Alice: Oh, hello Mr. Hatch. It's not troubling at all. And yeah I know i've been getting that a lot lately.

Linus: Have ou by any chance seen Fredrick?

Alice: Not since yesterday. Why?

Linus: He never came home last night. And I was hoping he was with you.

Alice: Sorry but last time I saw him he was with Daniel.

Linus: Ok . . . Thank you for your time.

Alice: Wait, Can I help in anyway?

Linus: I'm not really sure. You said Daniel saw him last. He was the brown haired boy that started hanging out with you right?

Alice: Yeah. I know where to find him and I can show you.

Linus: Oh I don't want to bother you. I can ask him imyself.

Alice: Fredrick is still a friend of mine so I can still be worried myself. Besides his place is a little hard to explain the directions anyway.

Mr Hatch then agreed to let Alice help him and drove them to Daniels place. It was a small apartment on the ground floor.

Linus: Does your friend live alone?

She remebered that Blaine was his father but she never really asked him about his situation before. Alice had been trying to avoid being nosy before but once she finishes helping Linus with his problem she would ask Daniel about his relationship with his father.

Alice: His parents weren't home when I was here before so I don't really know.

Linus: Well I don't really want to sound like I'm trying to interrogate him or anything.

They knocked on the door. And there was nothing. After several more tries she then tried to get Nova to scan the independant apartment. Fortunatly Nova could speak without Linus hearing her.

Nova: I am afraid that there is no life signs in this room Alice.

Alice: Sorry Mr. hatch I guess he isn't home either.

Linus: So they're both missing?

Alice: Yeah . . . And Daniel did tell me that he was going to give Fred a hand.

Linus: I fear something bad might happen to Fredrick.

Alice: Did you try calling him?

Linus: Yes and there was no answer.

Alice: If it's still on then maybe it can be tracked.

Linus: I didn't know you were an expert with computers.

Alice: I, uhh. Well I'm more of an expert with phones . . .

She really tried hard to make that lie believeable. Instead she got Nova to track the ringing.

Alice: That's a bit weird . . .

Linus: What's wrong?

Alice: It says it's comming from an orphanage.

Linus: Wait can I see that location.

Alice: Sure.

Linus: I know this place. This is the orphanage where I first adopted Fredrick and Margaret.

Alice: . . . Wait a minute. Oh no!

Linus: What's wrong?

Alice: Al'Capone!

Linus: You know of them as well?

Alice: Sorry but can you hurry us there?

Linus: I can try.

She remebered the time when she pushed back against Anthony. Just slightly resisting an Al'Capone got her and her friends dropped to the lower level. But this time it was the destruction of one of their warehouses. Linus tried to go as fast as he could to the destination. It was noon by the time they arrived. Alice did not hesitate to enter the building. So far there was no issues as they were approaching the front desk. Just seeing a front desk like this suggested that there was a third party investment. Even the Conclave wouldn't pay this much into such a facility.

Linus: Excuse me miss. We're looking for a young man. He has spiky blonde hair and a little skinny. He would have been here for less then a day?

Secretary: Let me check for you sir . . . Can I have your name sir?

Linus: Linus Hatch.

Secretary: Thank you sir . . . Ahh yes he is here.

Linus: Oh thank god . . .

Alice: Wait why is he here?

Secretary: Well he's still listed as an orphan.

Alice: But he's a year older then me which makes him 18. He's legally an adult.

Secretary: I'm sorry about that but according to this file it says that he has been given special permission to be cared for by the orphanage.

Linus: That's outrageous! I've been the legal guardian for Fredrick for years now.

Secretary: Yes and it says you still owe several payments before you can take full athority.

Alice: What . . . Kind of orphanage is this?

Secretary: Oh excuse me are you Alice Vermire?

Alice: After all that why would you ask that?

Secretary: According to our files you were also put up for adoption.

Almost instinctivly, Alice grabbed the secretary and held her in the air.

Alice: You know I'm getting really sick of this game lady!

Secretary: Wh- What are you doing!

Linus: Alice be careful.

Alice: No! I've been here for only five minutes and already you guys are claiming me as an orphan.

???: That's because I've had claims on you for a long time child.

She turned around only to be struck with a solid metal club. Alice ended up dropping the secretary and went through the wall. As she tried to get her barrings she saw the brute that assaulted her along with several others. And  among them was a stunted old lady in a gray buisness suit.

Linus: Alice! You don't need to be that rough Ms Al'Capone.

Gina: Linus you did well in getting her here. You can consider your debt repaid. Fredrick is in the the vehicle outside. Tell the man in the car the key word "pumpkin Patch" and you can be on your way.

Linus: But-

Gina: I said . . . Your debt is repaid! Unless of course you want to lose your son instead?

Linus: I . . . I'm sorry Alice.

He departed and left almost as though he was about to break down into tears. Alice however had felt nothing but anger at the moment. The men around the old lady were a lot stronger then simple humans.

Gina: You know in my old age I am really supposed to be passing the tourch to my children. I really hope that you were a lot better of a daughter to your own parents my dear.

Alice: Spicule told me about you . . . They call you gran-gran right?

Gina: . . . Well then he lied to you for fun.

Upon snapping her fingers the brutes brought out shotguns. Alice's Novon armor reacted quickly to protect her from the slugs. Although it still hurt.

Gina: I know you're ignorant of that little nick name so I will forgive you this time. But I want you to understand one thing . . . Don't you "ever" call me that.

The brutes charged at her. Gina's personal guard were almost monsterous. As they moved further into the building Gina stopped at the secretary still trying to catch her breath.

Gina: Can you breath?

Secretary: I . . .think so.

Gina: Good, then you can get back to work. And don't mind the noise.

There were about four brutes Alice had to worry about with two more still with Gina. Alice began striking back at them. They weren't as easy to knock down as regular people but Rico was definatly stronger then the four of them combine.

Gina: What do you know. Blaine was right about survival over might.

Nova; There's something off about their biometrics Alice. I detect traces of phosphorus-

Alice: Nova I don't care right now . . .

She gathered energy into a shockwave and fired it directly on one of the brutes. The others were readying their shotguns before Gina had them stop. She began to clap her hands.

Gina: What a remarkable device Blaine had created.

Alice: You're the one who raided my home . . .

Gina: Not in person but yes. And as for that orphan status. I had that implemented ever since you disapeared from the mid level.

Alice: Why?!

Gina: Because you are my property now child.

Alice: If you know so much about me then you know that I can destroy this whole building.

Gina: My, my. You got more of your father in you then I thought.

Alice: ?!

Gina: Yeah I do have your father child. And you really should think twice about attacking me. I do hold his life in my hands.

Alice: What did you do to him!

Gina: Nothing . . . yet. Although I did persuade him to give you up.

Alice was furious. She knocked away the brutes and rushed at her. Physically she towered over the little woman but Gina didn't seem to care at all.

Gina: Now, now. You're not going to squish me are you. Sure you can push big strong men around but I'm just a wee old lady.

Her sarcasm sounded so dry and cruel. Grabbed Gina with one hand and the other charging another shockwave. Alice almost had teas in her eyes.

Alice: What . . . did you . . . do to . . . my father?!

Gina: I simply "convinced" him. not that he gave me an easy time. But if you harm me in any way . . . Then he dies.

Alice: . . .

Gina: Now then, unless you're going to follow up on your threat. Put me down "properly".

Fearing the loss of her father, Alice complied. Gina simply dusted herself off a bit.

Gina: Good girl . . . But you still have that spark of rebellion in your eye. I wonder what would break you?

Alice: . . .

Gina: I know plenty of old sickening men who would pay a lot for someone with your body. It's a shame you could have avoided all of this had you not taken Nova for yourself.

Alice: How do you know about Nova?

Gina: I'm sure you can just put two and two together.

________________________________________________________________________

Linus had finished talking to the driver and retreaved Fredrick. However Fredrick seemed to be fully aware of what happened. It was clear that Gina purposly ensured that he would know of Linus's betrayal. They were leaving the area as Fredrick starred at his adopted father.

Fredrick: Why . . . would you do that?

Linus: It was either her or I would lose both you and Margaret.

Fredrick: I know I'm not the bravest guy in the world but that?!

Linus: What am I supposed to do?!

Fredrick: I don't know but something other then that?!

Linus: It's already done?! And now I can save your sister as well.

Fredrick: You mean that miserable old bitch bought you off as well?!

Linus: . . . This is the real world . . . I don't have the power to resist Al'Capone.

Fredrick: Maybe . . . but I think I do . . .

Linus: What are you talking about.

Fredrick: I know I've been running from this but I might be able to turn things around?

Linus stopped for a moment.

Linus: Wait . . . Alice once said something to me.

Fredrick: What?

Linus: Don't play the games of tyrants. But break the game itself . . .

Fredrick: Then I'll go and help Alice. I owe her that much.

Linus: No . . . I can't let you go.

Fredrick: What makes you think I'm going to listen to you.

Linus: "I" Can't help her . . . But I know someone who can.

He immediatly made a call to David Blaine.

Blaine: Good afternoon Mr. Hatch. What can I do for you.

Linus: Alice is in trouble.

Blaine: Alice Vermire . . . Should I ask why you know this?

Linus: I screwed up and she's being attacked by Gina Al'Capone.

Blaine: Understood. I've reviewed the information and I will be there soon.

Linus: Information? You mean you know about her orphan status? But I only called you just this second.

Blaine: It's a complicated story Mr. Hatch. Lets just say that I'm an expert with phones..

This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=2392