Sanctuary by mdbear84
Summary:

The world of Felarya is a dangerous place. Can one being find a home here among a world of predators? 

This is a fan fic i wrote a couple years ago. Felarya belong to Karbo. The only thing i really own in this story is Guar, The Supernatural Hunters, and Neleh. Other people and places are not mine. 


Categories: Adventure, Gentle, Vore Characters: None
Growth: None
Shrink: None
Size Roles: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: Yes Word count: 18471 Read: 55205 Published: March 07 2010 Updated: March 07 2010

1. Intro by mdbear84

2. Chapter 1 by mdbear84

3. Chapter 2 by mdbear84

4. Chapter 3 by mdbear84

5. Chapter 4 by mdbear84

6. Chapter 5 by mdbear84

7. Chapter 6 by mdbear84

8. Chapter 7 by mdbear84

9. Chapter 8 by mdbear84

10. Outro by mdbear84

Intro by mdbear84

Felarya: A place of wonderment, healing, riches, and danger. Most consider it an adventurer’s dream. Others consider it a nightmare. Most come for treasure, some for the healing properties of the land, and others for the bounty on the creatures of Felarya. But the hero of our tale did not come to this mystical land between worlds for any of those reasons. In fact, he came simply by accident. But what he found here was not gold, nor health, nor bounty. It was something that no one he size before him came looking for nor found… Sanctuary.



The captain of the small fishing boat checked his course for the hundredth time. It was a mighty risk he was taking, trying to fish in the river by Fairy Pond. But he was confident that they would be safe, so long as he kept his wits about him. And his guess was right anyway, proven by the large load of Felarian fish they had on deck. They were even lucky enough to catch a few Jewel Fish. They were now heading back home to Negiv City to sell their catch. But that would be the easy part. The hard part would be to get back home. He could tell the crew was nervous. And who could blame them? With a crew of eight, (four humans and four nekos) and their heading to be south past “Her” hunting grounds, and her favorite food being humans and nekos, it would be safe to say that everyone was on the alert. Even taking the tunnel they found at the Lake of Illusions would be dangerous. But, if they survived, it would definitely be worth it.


After a few more hours of sailing down the river, they came upon the second fork. Now was the most cautious point in their trip. “She” would be near and there was no telling how close she would be if they came within earshot. They had to be sure to be quiet. However, as they rounded the bend, they saw a figure sitting on the north cost of the river. The fool, the captain thought, he’s gonna’ get himself killed. As they approached the figure, they saw he was fishing as well, a small campfire by his side. Fearing the fire might draw unwanted attention, the captain risked calling out to him.


“Ahoy! You on the shore! Leave this area.” The figure made no movement. He simply continued fishing. As they got closer, they could see that the figure wore a hooded cloak, the hood deeply drawn over his face. The captain called again, “Ahoy! I say again, shove off. For your own safety and ours, man, move!” This time, the stranger merely waved at them, neither looking up from his fishing rod, nor removing his hood. “I heard you the first time, boy-o,” he replied with a slight irish accent, “I’ll be fine” The captain shook his head, “Nay, friend. There be a blond monster in them trees. She catches you, you’re as good as eaten, ya hear?” The stranger nodded, “Aye, and again I say, I’ll be fine. I’m a hard one to catch.”


The captain sighed and shook his head. “Fine, fool. Be her next meal. I not be putting my neck on the line to save your sorry hide.” He then looked over to his crew, “Sail on. Let this fool die in the belly of the monster.” They continued to sail around the bend. As the coast and the figure upon it vanished from view, the captain looked back with a slight smile on his face. “Good luck to ya, ya crazy dingbat,” he quietly said to himself.



Several hours later, Crisis laid on the shore of the river, enjoying her latest catch. A human/neko fishing boat had hit a rock in the river and had to come ashore for reapers (unbeknownst to her, it was the same fishing boat who had encountered the stranger). There was only one human left, the captain. As she lifted him up to eat him, he began to plea. “Please, hear me out!” Of course, Crisis could not resist. “Ok” she said joyfully, still prone on her back. She dangled him above her face still, ready to drop in at a moments notice. “I’ll make a deal with you,” the captain begged. “If you spare my life, I’ll tell ya where a nice, tastier, bigger meal may be. We’s passed ‘em about a half mile up river, as the harpy flies” Crisis thought for a minute, considering, or at least acting like she was considering, the captain’s words. “A tastier meal, hmm?” she brought the captain down and licked him over.


“You’re rather tasty, yourself. Are you sure he will taste better?” The captain, spitting her spit out of his mouth, nodded fiercely. “Oh yes, I am sure of it. And, might I add that ya look rather lovely in the light of the setting sun?” Crisis blushed a bit, “Why thank you. For that, you get a kiss” Crisis brought him down to her face, puckering up her lips. But just when he was about to make contact, she quickly opened her mouth and dropped him in. She swallowed quickly, enjoying his struggling as he slid down her throat and into her belly with his comrades. All their struggling together made her giggle a bit. “Now,” she said “to find the one he was talking about.” She sat up and began to slither through the trees, looking for any signs of the stranger.

Chapter 1 by mdbear84

While the sun continued to sink into the horizon, Crisis continued to hunt. She knew it wasn’t far. She had found the campfire by the river and saw that whoever it was had left into the jungle. “How convenient, she thought, he is heading right for home by the Big Tree. Means I won’t have to travel far.” Just then, she heard a sound in the trees to her right. She smiled to herself and licked her lips. “Gotcha” she said quietly. She got down low and crawled through the grass and trees. Silently, she crept up on him, waiting for the perfect time to strike. Soon, she found him in a clearing. His hood was still drawn over his face while he stood there, facing away from her, Bo staff in hand.


“What luck!” she thought. He had not moved since she came into the clearing. She could catch him easily. She continued to sneak up on him. Silent as a shadow, she slithered up behind him until she was right on top of him. Just as she was about to strike, he spoke. “Hello, lass, having a good evening?”


Crisis was absolutely stunned. “But how?” she exclaimed, “I was perfectly silent?” The stranger chuckled a bit and turned around. “Any Taur’Draug could hear you a mile away. Simply because you are silent to a human’s ears doesn’t mean you are to a Taur’Draug’s, or so the saying goes.” He laughed a bit and turned his back to her again. “I heard you eat humans. If that be so, I’d like to make a wager with you.” Now Crisis was really intrigued. Sure, her prey had tried to make deals with her, but never bets. Curiosity got the best of her. “Alright, what’s the wager?”


The stranger laughed again and ran to a tree. Without much effort, he climbed it quickly so he could be at her eye level and sat on the branch. “Here be my wager: ‘Tis a game of tag we are going to play. If you catch me once, you get to eat me. But if I tap your head three times with me ole’ staff here, then you’ll not be eating humans anymore, deal?” Crisis smiled. This would be too easy. “Deal” she said. The stranger nodded. “Then, on your mark, get set…GO!”


On the word “go” Crisis sprang into action. Her hand sped toward him and closed around him. But when she withdrew it, it was empty. He was gone. She looked around, listening for him. Under brush, up in the trees, no matter where she looked, she could not find him. After a minuet or two she felt a tap on the very top of her head. A strand of her hair fell before her left eye and suspended on it, was the stranger. “That’s one, girly. You really need to watch your-self. I swear I was standing up there forever!” Crisis reached for him again, but rather than grabbing him, she missed again and ended up slapping herself in the face. The stranger, landing on a nearby tree branch, began rolling with laughter. “That be two, lass”


Crisis looked down at her hand and saw that he had left the Bo staff behind, making her hit her own head with it. Although he was getting the best of her at the moment, Crisis smiled. She was still having fun. It had been a long time since prey had given her such a challenge. The stranger was still laughing. Now was the moment for Crisis to strike. She sped toward the branch and made another grab, branch and all. This time, she got him. “Ah Ha!” she exclaimed, “Its Tummy time for you. Thanks for the great game.” With that, she popped him into her mouth.


She was about to swallow when something strange happened. A sensation grew in her mouth which she had never had before. She rolled him around a bit, further trying to understand this sensation. It was then that her body naturally reacted. She spit him back out with a loud and forceful “YUCK!” The stranger landed in her hand and she looked at him with a look of confusion. “What are you? You don’t taste like a human, you don’t even LOOK human.”


And indeed he did not. For when she spit him out, his cloak came off, revealing his features. It was nothing Crisis had ever seen before. His body was human, or at least looked human. But it had a tail, like a Neko would, only bushier. And his head was similar to a kensha beast. Were a human to describe him, he looked like a werewolf. He was definitely not a native of Felarya. He sat up in her hand and looked up at her. His eyes disturbed her, as it would most beings. For his eyes were pure white. There was neither color nor pupil to them. Like two orbs of white marble, able to stare into your very soul.  Sadness took shape into his face. “It would seem,” he said, “that we of the Taur’Draug are immortal even to being eaten.” He sighed deeply as his face bowed in frustration. His ears, being on the top of his head, laid flat against it. “It would appear I am doomed to continue to run.”


Crisis brought him closer to her face to examine this creature more closely. “What are you?” she asked. Again, he looked up into her eyes. Those eyes, she thought, they were creeping her out. “I suppose I could tell you my tale, but would be rude not to introduce me self first.” He stood, a bit of his old joy returning. He bowed, “I am called Guar,” pronouncing it “Goo are,” “last of the Taur’Draug.” Crisis’ head tilted to the side. “But what is a Taur’Draug? You keep calling yourself that, but what is it?” she asked. Guar smiled, “Simply, we are an immortal race sworn to protect humanoid kind. Though, in my home dimension, the humans turned on us. So we became dimension hoppers, traveling from one dimension to another. Usually, because of our looks, we were called werewolves and either banished or fled to other dimensions.  After several hops, it has all come down to me. I am the last.”


Crisis was totally drawn in. Here, in her hand, stood a creature who had visited many dimensions, many worlds. She could hardly imagine the stories he could tell. She nodded in response. “I’m Crisis, a Naga.” Again, Guar bowed. “Tis a pleasure, Crisis. Though I know not what a Naga is.” Crisis looked confused at him. “Well, I am. See?” she waged her tail at him a bit, to show it off. Guar simply laughed. “No, lass, I can’t. Least not like you, anyway. I am technically blind. Tis the price for being a Taur’Draug. But what we lack in sight, we make up for in hearing and smell. I can tell what you look like from that.” She lifted him up to her shoulder and began making her way home. He perched himself comfortably and they began to converse on the way back to the Great Tree, him telling her stories of his adventures.



Meanwhile, in a dark alley in Negev City, a portal opened and out stepped five men. They were dressed in black trench coats and matching cowboy hats. They stepped into the street and the man in the middle took a deep breath. “He’s here, I can feel it.” He turned to the man on his left side for confirmation. Consulting a small, handheld device, he nodded. “Definite signs, sir. The werewolf is several miles to the north. It will take us several days to track him down.” The man in the middle nodded and turned to the rest. Pointing to two of them, he said “You and you go secure us some sort of map of the area and a place to set up a base camp. You,” pointing to the third not yet addressed, “are on Intel duty. I want to know what dimension we are, what lives here, who lives here, and all the important locations. I want you to become a native within the hour.” He turned to the one with the scanning device. “I want a bearing on where he is. I want to know how far from here, how many days it will take to track him down, and where he has set up camp. And I want it now. Not tomorrow, not after breakfast, NOW!”


Each man set about his set task. The man remaining looked up at the sky and smiled. “I got you now, you freak.”

Chapter 2 by mdbear84

The two new friends arrived at Crisis' normal sleeping spot. They had been talking the whole trip and it was completely dark by the time they reached it. But Crisis was not paying attention. She was too dumbfounded at what she had just heard. "You mean to tell me," she said in disbelief, "that there is a universe where I am somewhat famous?" Guar simply nodded, "So I have been told. I can't believe I didn't recognize your name when you said it, to be honest. It was my last hop, even. They think, though, that you’re just some fictional character, created by some guy who goes by the name of Karbo." Again, Crisis was amazed at the statement. "And these people who know of me... they WANT me to eat them?" Guar laughed, "Well, they don't actually WANT you to, but they do fantasize about it." Crisis began licking her lips, a smile spreading across her face. "Man, I wish I could come across some. They must be very tasty." Her smaller passenger didn't seem so happy about it. "Well, fortunately for them, they don't even believe in Dimension hopping. Probably won't discover it for another century or so. Speaking of which, I need to talk to you about that."


Crisis took her passenger off her shoulder and lay down on her back. She curled her tail up as she gently placed him on her breast, so she may look at him while they talked. “What is it?” she asked enthusiastically. Guar’s face didn’t show so much excitement. “We have become friends, Crisis, have we not?” Crisis nodded. “Ya, I would say so, even though it’s only been a few hours.” Guar nodded in response and sat down atop his perch. “Crisis, I am a protector of sentient beings. Human and Humanoid alike, I have taken a life oath to protect them.” His sadness deepened. “But I am at a loss and confused, both with you and those who chase me.” Now it was Crisis’ turn to be confused. She cocked her head to the side, trying to grasp what he was talking about. “Who is chasing you?”


Guar’s head bowed low, a single tear tracking its way down his furry face. He was silent for a while before answering. “His name…” he began, “his name is Cobalt, Cobalt Hollister, a supernatural hunter. He and his gang have been hunting me for the past thirty hops. See, in Dimension: zero-zero-two-four-point-five, or as we like to call it, “The Legacy Dimension,” There are a group of humans who spend their entire lives tracking down supernatural, mythical, or rare dimensional creatures. Some they lock up into zoos for display while others they deem as better off extinct. Thus was my race deemed.” Guar’s sightless eyes lifted up to the moon. He wanted to howl at it, as most canines do, but he knew he would get no answer from any of his kin. “They hunted us to extinction, Crisis. They are the reason I am the last. As immortal as we are, they have found a way to kill us. We lost most in their dimension. The rest we lost when they chased after us.” His demeanor deepened in sadness even more.


“And we could not fight them. Our oath forbids us to fight humans, only those who hurt them. This brings me to you, Crisis.” He looked into her eyes and again Crisis shuddered at the gaze. Though he felt it and knew why it happened, he never broke eye contact. “Crisis, you are a being that harms humans. I cannot allow that in my presence. I cannot sit by and watch as you eat what I have sworn to protect.” Crisis could not help but feel like she was being told to never eat another human again. And his stare caused her not to argue back. She could not take the gaze anymore so she looked away, sadness in her heart and plastered on her face. How could she not eat another human ever again? They were an important part of her diet. And they tasted so good! How could she stop?


After a while, Guar simply looked away and sighed. He pulled out a tin whistle, one he carried with him often. “Crisis, do you like music?” Crisis looked at him again, fearing to make eye contact. “Yes,” she said rather timidly. A smile crossed Guar’s face. “Then I shall play for you.” He brought the whistle up to his mouth and began to play. The sound that Crisis heard was incredibly beautiful. Never had she heard such a lovely tune. She breathed deep, taking in the notes. Closing her eyes, she saw pictures in her head based on the melody. She saw deer running through the forest, rabbits scampering in the leaves, and bears fishing in the lakes. She saw butterflies landing on flowers and birds singing to the song which came from the small protector of men perched on her breast. It was strange for her, for though she had never seen such animals before, she knew what they were.  She could see herself moving through the brush, enjoying the sight of nature on a world alien to her. She walked…walked? Crisis looked down to see that, rather than her tail, she had legs, Human like legs. But she was too focused on the song and the seen to really care. She was in a place that seemed more magical and more beautiful than Felarya.


Guar felt Crisis’ chest move in a steady pace beneath him. Her breathing told him that she had indeed fallen asleep. Good, he thought. The Song of the Forest from his home dimension usually had that effect. The hypnotic melody caused dreams from that dimension to occur. Dreams so real and so vivid, it always seemed better that the world you were from. It was a shame, he thought, that his home was no longer as beautiful as the song made it out to be. He slid from his perch gently and down to the ground. Using his hand to guide him, he felt his way past her shoulder and up to her face. He kissed her cheek (as best as he could at his height) and continued up to her ear. He leaned in and whispered, “Crisis… Crisis… can you hear me?” Slowly, the giant Naga’s head nodded in response. “Good,” he said. “Crisis, my eyes may not see what you may see, but they see into your heart. You may be a man-eater, a consumer of what I am sworn to protect, but you have a good heart. Devious as you may be at times, you have a good heart. Know that I do not hold any contempt for you, lass. Nor am I going to stop you from eating.” It was hard for him to say the next part, but it was what he believed. “Crisis, when you wake in the morn, know that you may eat what you may. But not when I am around. Not that you need it, but… you have my permission… to eat humans.”


It was like a shot through his heart. Never before had he allowed someone to harm what he must protect. But it was his right as a Taur’Draug: to allow one friend to surpass his oath and do as they pleased. He walked away into the forest. He didn’t have much need for sleep, after a few hours in meditation and he would be just fine. He stopped for a second to look back on her heart. In the vision of his people, he could see all she had done, all her emotions, and all she had been through. And through it all, he smiled. “Yes, my large friend, your heart is the best I have ever seen.” He walked into the forest. It was time for him to practice.



The training ground that Guar set up was rather crude, but the best a member of his blind race could do. He could sense where each dead log was, smell their presence, and hear the creak of the vine ropes he used to tie them. He stood among them and listened to them for a second. But his mind was not in the clearing, but in Negev City. He knew that Cobalt would fallow him and that he was most likely in the city now. That’s why he decided to try his chances in the surrounding Jungle. With lightning sped, he whipped out his bo staff and struck the nearest log, shattering it into splinters. This caused a chain reaction where a knife was flung at him. He ducked it, but still his mind was not on the fight. He had seen Cobalt’s heart and it was blacker than the most bottomless pit in hell. How could a human be so vile? The knife hit the tree behind him, cutting a vine and sending two logs swinging in on either side of him, aiming to crush him. He stuck his staff between the two, stopping them in there deadly swing. He leaped backwards, kicking his staff out from between them in a back flip, and punched forward with both fist at them, again shattering them. Catching his staff, he began to twirl it around his body in a defensive pose, his demeanor like a raging tornado. But, still, his mind was on Cobalt. Now he had led them here, what would probably be a gold mine of mythical and dimensional creatures for them. He spun his staff near the ground, kicking up leaves, dirt, and grass. This tripped another log to be flung at him, which he again deflected. He was out of logs, so he began to attack trees. Twisting around them, ducking imaginary blows, and smacking each with a blow that would normally kill a man. Now he had more than just humans to protect. Every creature in Felarya would be hunted by this group. He had to clean up his own mess. As he had feared from the start, he would have to face Cobalt Hollister.


The image of Crisis in a cage came to his mind and rage built up within him. He climbed the tree he was attacking and faced to the south, toward Negev City, and shouted at the top of his lungs. “Come for me, Cobalt! Come and face me! Upon my grave, I vow that you shall not harm these people! I shall no longer allow you to harm my friends!” He slumped on his perch, exhausted from his rage. He placed his staff back on his back, where he always hung it, and pulled the tin whistle out again. Its song always made him feel better. Without another moment, he played another melody, one of his own compositions. A song that seemed both happy and sad at the same moment. Its notes floated above the jungle canopy. Off in the distance, a pack of kensha beast, hearing the notes, howled in reply, adding their voice to the melody that seemed to float for miles.

Chapter 3 by mdbear84
Crisis woke the next morning and smiled. Never before had she ever slept so well. She even forgot why she was upset before she slept. She stretched out and gave a mighty yawn. “Wow, that was a good sleep,” she said, her pleasure plastered on her face. “Most everyone says that,” a voice came from behind her. Crisis turned to see Guar perched on his bo staff dug into the Giant Tree about level with her eyes. He sat there with an odd smile on his face, eating a dragonapple. Crisis smiled back at him. “Well good morning,” she said, “did you sleep well?”

Guar just shrugged. “Not really. We don’t sleep. I spent the night sparing trees and such. That’s how I found this thing. Not bad, actually.” He took another bite of the dragonapple before tossing the core away. He then stretched himself and allowed himself to fall. Using his weight, he yanked the staff out of the tree and, after a few summersaults, landed next to Crisis with a soft thud. Crises clapped her hands, delighted at the trick.

She picked him up and placed him on her shoulder and began to slither off. “So,” she said, trying to create conversation, “I know why you came here, but how did you get to Felarya?” Guar reached behind his cloak and pulled out a small, black device. “This is what we call a Dimensional Gateway Projector. It opens a tunnel into other dimensions and all you simply do is press the button and walk in. It’s odd, though, because on my way in, Cobalt fired at me and I think he hit it. I wasn’t even aiming to come here, it’s just where I landed.”

Crisis took it from him and looked at it. “It sounds all technologic-y. And I don’t know anything about that stuff. Maybe Anna could look at it. She might even fix it for you.” She began to slither toward where Anna had her work bench. After a minute or two, they found her working on something. “Hey, Anna!” Crisis called. Anna jumped several feet and turned toward her, anger burning in her eyes. “CRISIS! How many times have I told you never to sneak up on me like that when I’m working on something important?” Crisis just smiled and ignored the comment. “Good to see you too, Anna. What are you working on?” Anna just huffed and turned back to her bench. “I’m trying to fix my computer… again… after you broke it… again.”  Crisis blushed a bit and then remembered why she had come. “This is my friend Guar. I met him in the woods yesterday. He has a Desentual… Demen… What did you call it again?

Guar just laughed, “A Dimensional Gateway Projector. You can call it a DGP for short if you want.” Crisis nodded. “Yes, that’s it. He said it was shot at and broke and we were wondering if you could fix it.” She handed it to Anna who looked at it very closely. “Hmm,” she thought aloud, “Seems easy enough to fix.” She used her tools to open it and get a look on the inside. She removed a crystal from inside and held it up to get a better look at it in the light. “What’s this crystal? I’ve never seen one like it.” Guar sighed. “That is a very rare crystal. It’s only found in my home land and its magical properties are very great. It is responsible for powering the gateway. Please don’t damage it.” Anna took an even closer look. “Well, from the looks of it, it is already damaged. Looks like the bullet punched through it and cracked it in half. If this is what powers it, you’ll need a new one.”

Anna put it back together and handed it back to him. “I say talk to Subeta. She might have one. Who knows what that fairy has collected.” As she handed it back to him, she noticed his gaze, and it was disturbing. But from Guar’s point of view, she was just as disturbing, if not confusing. “Anna, you’re not completely Naga, are you?” Anna shook her head and gave Crisis a dark glare. “No, I am not. I use to be human until I was, ahem, swallowed. Next thing I know I was like this, a filthy Naga.” Crisis didn’t notice the reference to her. “Guar,” she said, a bit confused herself now, “I thought you can’t see.”

Guar nodded, “You’re right, I can’t…’least not like you, anyway.” Sensing the confusion spreading to Anna, he elaborated. “You two see a certain spectrum of light. Because of that, you see both picture and color. I am guessing that because that’s how humans see and you have a human-like face, from the feel of it. Some beings, on the other hand see the infrared spectrum. They see body heat and base their sight on that. My people’s sight is similar. We see aura. Every living thing emits an aura. In lands like yours and mine, everything emits it and we might as well see as well as you if not better. In others, like this one I went to where everything was based on technology, we are completely blind because nothing emits an aura.”

“Once we lock onto a person’s aura, we channel it. We called this The Gaze and it allows us to experience everything the person did. Though most tell me it feels a bit disturbing. I’m sure you have experienced it, but believe me, it’s harmless. It only allows me to know you better.”

They talked about it half the morning, and then talked about Guar’s home dimension as he played a few songs for them. About noon, after saying their good-byes to each other, Crisis and Guar headed out toward Subeta’s cave.

    
Back in Negev City, Hollister and his group of hunters were hard at work in the apartment they captured. Cobalt stood at the window, staring at the jungle, deep in thought. His second in command came up to him and cleared his throat. Cobalt never turned as he replied, “It better be good news, Stevens. I don’t want you to tell me what you told me last time we tracked him down. I won’t be so tolerant.” Stevens nodded, rubbing the once cracked rib, and replied, “Definitely some good news, sir. We have our bearing on him and where we are, though it is definitely not what we thought.” Cobalt walked to the makeshift desk that he had set up and ushered Stevens to have a seat. Stevens sat and explained, “We have arrived at a virtual gold mine of supernatural creatures. Apparently this land is full of them. Everything from Fairies to Nagas to Harpies. We could make a fortune from this place if we could capture them.”


        Cobalt raised an eyebrow, “If?” he commented. Stevenson gave a perturbed look, “Well, we run into two problems with capturing them. First, all those creatures I listed are at least 40 feet tall and have a taste for human flesh. In fact, just about everything here enjoys a good human or two. Second, the natives speak about some sort of beings called Guardians. They seem to be some sort of god-like figure here and we might encourage one to attack if we were to try to capture anything. But I put no stock on that. Just thought I would mention it incase there is some grain of truth in it.” Cobalt was fascinated by everything. “How is it that we have never come to this place before?” Stevens smiled widely. “That’s the most interesting part. Remember what the reader on the DGP read?” Cobalt nodded. How could he forget? Most of those things gave a four digit and one decimal number. But the reader just said “ZERO.” Never before had they gotten such a reading. They would have thought it broken, if it wasn’t for the tracer they tagged the werewolf with.


“Well, the natives told Jones that this is no dimension at all. It’s more of a cross roads between dimensions. That’s why the reader said “ZERO.” We could be looking at the origin of every supernatural being that ever lived!” Cobalt only stared blankly at him. He was just as excited to hear this news as his second, but he couldn’t show it. He had a reputation to keep, after all. “Great,” he said rather blandly, “But what of our prey? The Nagas and all that will still be here, what of the werewolf?” Stevens straitened and cleared his throat. “We have a fix on his position. He made for the jungle what locals say about three days ago. We fallowed his trail to the river and the tracer picked him up several clicks to the north-west of the city. Compared to the map of the land we bought, we think he is by an enormous tree in the middle of the jungle. But locals also say that a Blond-haired naga lives over that way. He might have been eaten already.”

Cobalt shook his head. “No, Stevens, he is alive. He and I have been in this chase for quite some time.” He stood and retuned to the window. “I’ve been chasing him since I was a second like you. He knows I am here just as I know he is alive. But soon the chase will be over and he will finally be bagged for the taking.” He turned and faced Stevens with a cold look in his eyes. “Gather our equipment. We make for the Giant Tree at dawn.” Stevens saluted and left the room to relay the order. Cobalt turned back to window and whispered to an ear to far to hear him. “Oh I am coming, Guar. You can bet your shaggy head that I am coming…”
Chapter 4 by mdbear84
“Hello… Subeta, are you home?” There came no reply. Crisis moved deeper into the cave, with Guar riding on top of her head. There wasn’t really any sign of Subeta or her assistant. Crisis called again, “Subeta. Are you home?” Again there was no response. “Maybe we should come back later,” Guar said. Seconds later, they heard a soft thump of fairy feet landing outside and Subeta entered the cave.

She smiled at Crisis, “Why, hello Crisis. What can I do for you today?” Crisis returned the smile and slithered over to her and gave her a friendly hug. She then lifted Guar off her head and showed him to Subeta. “This is my friend Guar.” Guar stood and bowed to Subeta. “It is an honor and a pleasure, Subeta. It has been a while since I have encountered a fairy. And never before had I run into one who was so tall.” Subeta smiled and returned with a nod. “The pleasure is mine, Guar. To what do I owe the honor?” It was Crisis who piped up, “He needs a special crystal and we were wondering if you had it.” Subeta raised her gloved hand and a portal in the wall opened. “No problem, I have LOTS of crystals in my workshop. Come on in, let’s see what I got.”

Subeta flew in and Crisis followed with Guar in hand. They entered a room that was quite vast and packed full of artifacts, weapons, tapestries, and things no human eye had ever seen. “Wow,” Guar said in awe, “So many things in here.” Crisis looked down at him in her palm. “You can see all this?” Guar just shrugged, “Only the things that have magic to them. Magic items have an aura too, you know. So naturally, I can see those. The rest of it I can smell.” They continued further into the vast workshop, passing mounds upon mounds of treasure and artifacts. It was by such a mound that Guar perked up and signaled Crisis to stop.

“Do you sense the crystal?” she asked. But Guar never answered her. He just continued sniffing the air and stared intently into a mound beside her with his blank, white eyes. Subeta, noticing they had stopped, flew back to Crisis. “Why did you stop? We still have a little further to go.” Guar suddenly stood, shock plastered across his face. “It… It just can’t be,” he stammered. He suddenly leaped out of the palm he had been riding in and landed with a somersault and started to dig into the mound. Artifacts were flying everywhere as he dug. Subeta franticly tried to catch them all. “Hey!” she called to him, “I had those exactly where I wanted them!” She turned to Crisis, arms full of what was just thrown and more coming, “What is he doing?” she asked. Crisis could only look blankly and shrug with an, “I don’t know.”

Finally, after a few more minutes of digging, Guar emerged dragging a large chest behind him. Its frame was solid gold and the panels looked as if made from oak. It had a silver inlay that seemed to tell a story all the way around the sides. The lid was also oak with a silver image inlayed into it. It looked like one of Guar’s race, holding golden clubs in each hand and wearing a white tunic of ivory. The trousers that were on the image were made of jade and the boots of ebony.

Once he had it settled flat, Guar simply hovered over the chest. He raised a shaky hand over it and gently touched it. His mind did not want to accept what his senses were telling him. Tears began to form in his eyes and trickle down his furry cheeks. He dropped to his knees and rested his forehead upon the chest. “I can’t believe, after all these years, that I would be the one to find it. I would be the one to find our new home.

Quickly, he turned to Subeta and asked, “Where did you find this?” Subeta thought for a second and then snapped her fingers. “Oh yes! I remember. I got that from a human I found a long time ago. He was dragging it behind him. When I asked about it, he said he stole it and was on the run.” Guar stood, his face was tense with desperation. “Who was he? Did he say? Where is he now?” Subeta shook her head, “He didn’t say anything else. He didn’t get the chance. Once he said that, I told him I was going to take it and then I ate him.” Subeta cranked her head back, deep in thought, remembering that day. “It was odd, too. Usually humans taste really good, but he was kind of… I don’t know… I guess bland.”

Guar wasn’t listening at this point. His attention was back on the chest. His fingers grazed over it, feeling the inlay with a touch so gentle, an observer would have thought that a harder touch would break it. Crisis leaned down and studied the chest. “Guar, why is this so special? It’s just a box.” He sighed and turned around, the chest behind him and to his left, and sat down. He pulled out his tin whistle and waved his hands before him, ushering them to do the same. “Come, Crisis, and you too, Subeta. I wish to tell you a story.” Crisis got excited and curled up her tail to get comfortable. Subeta flew on to a small, nearby mound and leaned forward to listen. “This, my friends, is the armor and weapons of the Knight Protector. This… is our people’s legend…” He began to tell them the story, drawing out every word and playing a song as he did, which seemed to enhance the story to where each word was followed by a picture. It was if they could not only hear the story, but were actually a part of it. As if they had seen everything described with their own eyes …


Many, many years ago, we of the Taur’Draug lived as the protectors of humans. We swore an oath to our God that we would be the keepers of his creation. In taking this oath, he granted us with eternal life so that we may protect them forever. Some years later, however, we began to quarrel and split into four tribes. Each moved into the four corners of the earth. We soon realized that we could not work together too closely. It would only start arguments and we would fail at our divine duties. But to work alone was not working either. We needed a new government system. We needed a leader to protect not only the humans, but us as well. So, every 100 years, we chose the strongest of the four tribes to be that leader. We called him the “Knight Protector.” The four tribes were then commissioned to each design a magical artifact to aid this leader of tribes.

From the North, a pair of boots was made from the skin of the black hound, the fastest of all dogs. These were the “Paws of the Knight Protector”. They were to aid him in reaching the helpless quickly in their time of need.

From the South, trousers made of jaded silk. These were the “Shanks of the Knight Protector.” They gave him the ability to leap out of harm’s way, or into it, to save the innocent.

From the West, a tunic made from the purest of white cotton. This is the “Coat of the Knight Protector.” To protect his heart from projectiles, the heart that loves all and gives him the will to protect those he loves.

And from the East, tonfas made of the finest gold. These were the weapons of the leader. Dubbed “The Fang and Claw,” these weapons would cause a small explosion with each strike, to send evil back from whence it came.

Each Knight Protector ruled us with wisdom and grace. They were the best of us and pulled us together. But then the humans started to fear us. They began to chase us around the globe, driving us from their lands. If it wasn’t for the Knight Protector at that time, we would have abandoned hope and simply passed from existence. It was he who suggested that we leave our world and find a new one. We stood our ground and gathered at the mouth of the gateway that led to another dimension. We heard fighting in the distance and when we went to check on what it was, we found our Knight Protector dying, the weapons and armor gone.

He told us that he was attacked by the humans. They had found some way to kill us with a special poison. He had the power to foresee the future, however, and told us that the artifacts will be recovered from he who stole them. And that if we were to find them, to make that place our new home. With his final breath, he wished us luck, deemed one of us his successor, and then died.


“So you see, this chest means quite a bit to me, Crisis.” Guar finished. He turned back to the chest and again placed a hand on it. “Being the last of my kind, I am duty bound to become the next Knight Protector. And because I found it here in Felarya, this is where I must stand my ground. This is now my home. The land I must protect for all eternity.” He pulled out the DGP and held it in his hand. After staring at it for a second or two, he crushed it in his palm and cast it aside. “Subeta, if you don’t mind, forget the crystal. Please return to me the artifacts of my people.” Subeta hesitated. It was hard for her to just hand over such cool artifacts. And now knowing what they did made it even harder to part with. She wanted so badly to study them.

Finally, after several moments of silence, she agreed. “I never could use them anyway. They always repelled me, somehow.” Guar chuckled, “I am not surprised. Like all our technology, the artifacts work on aura. Only our race can use them. As these are worn, they tap into our aura. To use their abilities causes one to drain his or her aura. If drained too much, they die.”

Guar looked back at the chest, a nervous look plastered on his face. “I cannot lie, my friends. I am afraid to put them on and use them. It takes years of training to learn how to properly use them and I was never trained.” Subeta perked up and flew down to his side, shrinking to his height. She placed a hand on his shoulder and smiled down at him. “I know someone who can help. His name is Alvar. He is always training out in the forest somewhere and it might be good to ask him to help you out.”

Guar looked up at her and smiled. “Thank you, Subeta,” he said, wiping a tear from his white eye. “Perhaps I will ask him. But first, I need to put them on so the magic will attune to my aura. Otherwise, it might kill me before I even start” He focused back on the chest.

On the lock, there was an imprint of a hand. Guar laid his own hand on the imprint and instantly light shone from the chest. It swirled around the trio, faster and faster until it stopped and hovered above the chest. It morphed into a humanoid and after several seconds, became a Taur’Draug. The image was misty in form and one could easily see through him. He was as tall as Crisis and he stood with his arms crossed over his chest. His fur was pure white and his eyes shone like the sun. His demeanor was very profound and he glanced to each of the three; first at Crisis, then at Subeta, and then finally at Guar. His eyes blazed like fire as he focused on the member of his race before him. Although his lips never moved, his voice was booming inside their heads.

“Who hath stepped forth to claim the ancient right of the Taur’Draug? Reveal thy name.” Guar stood and with as much bravery as he could muster, called out to the giant image before him. “I am Guar, son of I’megliandir. I claim the right of the Knight Protector.” The image floated down and shrank to Guar’s height, but his voice lost none of its potency. “Thou hast a good name and come from a great line, Guar, son of I’megliandir. But can thou live up to thy namesake? Doest thou even know what it means?”

Guar’s face seemed to harden as he took on more bravery. “In the common tongue, I am Defender. I am the son of The Watch Tower.” The image gave a pleased look. “Thou art brave, young one. But I sense none of the training in thee. Being brave alone does not give thee the right to claim leadership of thy people.” Guar fought back tears as he replied. “Our people are slaughtered. The artifacts were stolen and we were banished to another realm. Only I have survived to find that what was once lost. Spirit of the chest, I ask that you over look my training. I am strong in our arts and will learn the hard way if I must. I only ask for the strength to protect these people,” he pointed to Crisis and Subeta, “who have called me “friend.”

The spirit looked up at Crisis and then at Subeta again. He again grew to the height he started out as and looked Crisis in the eye. “Tis true, oh scaled one? Hast thou called Guar friend?” Crisis looked down at Guar and smiled, “Yes, I do.” The spirit then looked down to Subeta. “And thou?” Subeta nodded. Pleased, the spirit looked back down to Guar. “Thou hast found friends amongst people that thou trust. I sense they have the will and the strength to teach thee what thou needest to be taught… to help thee use the power of thy people. By thy friends and by thy word, I grant thee the power of our people. I deem thee the Knight Protector. Protect thy friends, oh Defender. And bring justice to our fallen people.”

The spirit began to glow brightly. It started off as a low glow, but burned brighter and brighter until none in the room could see. There was a flash and the room grew still. When Crisis could see again, the spirit was gone and so was the chest. Guar stood in its place, breathing heavy. His clothing had changed, clad in the same outfit as was the Taur’Draug on the lid of the chest. In each hand was a golden tonfa. Crisis leaned down to get a closer look at him. “Guar, are you ok?” Guar said nothing, he just panted for a bit, his eyes tightly shut. Subeta approached him as well. “Guar?” He took a deep breath and raised his head. His eyes snapped open and they realized he was no longer the same.

His fur had a silver lining to it, making him almost look exactly like the figure on the chest. His eyes were of particular notice. They sparkled a bit with a strange reflective light. Like someone had removed his old eyes and replaced them with eyeball sized pearls. What Crisis noted mostly was that she was no longer disturbed by them. Instead of feeling like she was being invaded in her soul, the eyes were comforting her. Assuring her that all would be well, no matter what might happen.

Guar held the tonfas up and looked at them. “I… I am different. I feel different.” He lowered the tonfas to his side. “I feel…” He suddenly snapped into action. He leaped into the air about 50 feet and did a bicycle kick, landing on his feet perfectly. He began to swing the tonfas around his body. It looked like several fireworks were going off all around him. He punched forward at the air, which resulted in a big “BOOM.” He stopped in the middle of this dance of his and took a deep breath. “I am the Knight Protector of Felarya. And on this day, I swear to protect all who live here. Whether human, naga, fairy, or neko, I will protect all from those from another world who would want to hurt… any… here.”

He then fell to his knees with a grunt, exhausted. Subeta helped him to his feet and he smiled at her. “It’s ok, I knew it would happen. I just need to rest a bit. Like I said, it feeds off my aura. So doing that was probably not a good idea.” Subeta playfully smacked him in the back of the head. “Yeah, dummy. You might have killed yourself on the first day of being the Knight Protector. How would that have helped anything?” They all laughed.

“Well,” Crisis said, rubbing her growling stomach, “I haven’t eaten anything all day, so I’m going hunting.” Guar nodded. “Don’t worry about me, Crisis. I’ll be fine.” Then, to Subeta, “Let’s go meet Alvar.”
Chapter 5 by mdbear84
Seven humans and a tied up neko sat around a small, barely lit fire at night in the middle of the Felaryan forest. The leader of the humans, Cobalt Hollister, looked rather pleased as he sketched on a pad and looked up at the neko from time to time. It had been a rather productive two days so far, although they did have some loss. They had radioed in to the home world and asked for some reinforcements. Four more Supernatural Hunters came through and they “acquired” a human guide before heading into the forest. Cobalt looked at their guide and smiled. The collar they placed on his neck with the explosive was all they needed to convince him to enter the forest. He was amazed at how skittish the humans were in this world-between-worlds. Felarya wasn’t as bad as most of the natives put it. One just had to get use to the eating and dieing. Being a Supernatural Hunter for so long, you got use to it fast.

People die all the time and the past few days were no exception. Two he lost when something hit their boat and two men fell off. It looked like a giant mermaid, but none on the boat could tell for sure. It was far too deep. They bobbed to the surface for a matter of seconds before they were dragged under by what ever it was and not seen again. They reached the shore before it could attack again but only to be met by a wolf-looking beast several hours later. The guide called it a kensha beast and it was able to capture another man, dragging him into the forest.

But this trip so far wasn’t a total loss. He wanted to capture a neko ever since seeing them around Negav city, but knew it would cause an uproar and they would have to leave without their main target, Guar. He counted himself lucky to find this one wondering in the woods alone. He studied her once again, having done so already about fifty times since capturing her. She had long, dark purple hair with light purple fur on her ears and tail. It fascinated him on how much like humans they looked and yet how unlike humans. From the look of her build and clothing, she was a mechanic of sorts. She wore a lightly padded, long sleeved shirt that stopped just under her bust and some sort of slinder mechanic’s work gloves that came to her elbows, a tool belt, and a small tool pouch strapped to her left leg. By her pants and boots, he also guessed this was a military girl.  She was found carrying a bow and some explosive arrows that were obviously military issued. They probably wouldn’t do her any good out here in the forest though. He had seen several of the monsters out here and could tell that they were rather impervious to such devices.

Had Neleh, the neko, known what Cobalt was thinking, she would be surprised at his accuracy, though most of what he thought was a given. She was a mechanic for her home world and a military brat. Her unit was sent to fix a device that was placed in Felarya to monitor the world. It had been damaged by a slug-girl who slid over it and slimed the whole device, causing massive damage to the circuit board. But once they reached it and she fixed it, the party was attacked by a couple harpies and she was the only one to escape. Now to be captured by humans and tied up like some wild animal? It was absolutely humiliating! She only sat there staring at Cobalt as he stared right back. What she wouldn’t give to have her equipment back. She would turn this guy’s guts inside out if she could. She looked at him in defiance thinking dark thoughts.

Cobalt, on the other hand, had bigger fish to fry… literally. The guide had told them of a fairy that lived nearby. A fairy identified by a single glove she wore on her left hand. He said rumor had it that she loved to collect magical artifacts and would do almost anything to get them. He called Stephens over and showed him his plan to capture her. It would be easy as pie, he thought. And Stephens agreed. He wanted at least this fairy to go with Guar’s head before returning to the home world. He smiled to himself and laid down on his bedroll, studying the neko one more time. The sentry would allow them some sleep in this inhospitable world and the shift would be rotated so that the men got enough of it for the night. He closed his eyes and began to dream of the awarding victory welcome he would get for bringing back the werewolf’s head, the benefits paid to him when the fairy was made to power some city somewhere, and the pleasures the neko would give him after she was utterly studied from the inside and out.


Guar, on the other hand, was not dreaming of glory and riches. He wasn’t dreaming at all, in fact. He crouched before Alvar, panting hard. The blind fairy swordsman was defiantly a match to deal with. He was only glad that Alvar wasn’t trying to kill him. He met the fairy two days ago when Subeta took him to meet him. He was surprised to find that Alvar was blind as well. The situation was explained and Alvar was rather reluctant to help at first. What was it he said again? It was something on the lines of “I spar with no one but the trees and my shadow. Besides, I don’t need to baby sit some strange, lost, kensha pup.” But Subeta made a deal with him that Guar didn’t understand. It was something about not bugging him about his sword for a while, whatever that meant. Either way, it got him to agree and she left him in Alvar’s hands.

That first day nearly killed Guar. Alvar didn’t let up at all and just to defend himself against the mighty swordsman ate up much of Guar’s aura. But there seemed to be a little leeway in Alvar’s respect for him, because yesterday, Alvar seemed more eager to help him. And boy, did these sparing sessions help.

Guar could feel that he was gaining more and more control of his aura. He was learning to tap into it to get just what he needed to produce the bare minimum affect needed to accomplish the task. Why leap fifty feet over your opponent’s head when only fifteen would do? Why shield himself constantly when shielding only the blows would do? It was all coming clear to him. The trick wasn’t to be the fastest, strongest, or most agile. It was to be just slightly faster, stronger and more agile that the one you are fighting… and smarter too. Guar had to come up with whole new strategies while sparing with Alvar and Alvar was a VERY good fighter.

Like yesterday, when Alvar decided to leap over Guar’s head and shrink him from behind. Guar saw the leap and knew what he was doing so he sidestepped to the right and swung with his tonfa at Alvar when he landed. But it was all for nothing because Alvar wasn’t really there. Guar’s tonfa phased right through him. He had found some sort of fairy spell to trick Guar’s senses to think what Alvar had done when in reality, he only stepped back two feet and cast the shrink spell from there. It took Guar four hours to grow back to his original height before they could continue.

Alvar tried that trick again earlier today and this time, Guar was ready for him, ducking the spell and slamming his fists upward, colliding with Alvar’s sword and nearly knocking him down in surprise. But the aura control was still a problem with him. He couldn’t fight for more than an hour at a time without becoming seriously winded. And he was running out of time. He could sense that Cobalt was in the forest and for some reason felt that there was already someone in trouble. He wasn’t really sure why he could tell that, but decided to blame it on the artifacts. It was said that the Knight Protector could smell if someone was in need of help anywhere in his domain. Like a GPR, only not for earthquakes, but for trouble. He took a deep breath and stood. He had to get control of this thing if he was ever expected to win against Cobalt. “Alright Alvar, lets go again.”
Chapter 6 by mdbear84
ow and Guar was quite proud of himself. He was able to keep up with Alvar for hours on end and was even able to use his natural abilities again without the aid of his aura. Of course the week had not been easy. There were several days when Alvar had to fly off to find Temi, one in particular where she ended up staying all day just to make sure Guar took it easy.

Still, he counted himself lucky to have such good friends in his new home. He even found himself a nice hollowed out tree near where Crisis and Anna lived. He wasn’t there much, though. It was more like a good place to hang his hat. He spent most of his time sparing with Alvar… and walking off rather sore. He was glad for the training, however, and the company. Crisis and Subeta even came by from time to time to see how he was doing. It was during one of these visits that Guar met Katrika. Crisis brought her, rather than Subeta, and as soon as he saw her aura, he liked her right away. She was young, bit naive, but her spirit was as beautiful and good as Crisis’s. She was also a bit strange. He could tell she wasn’t from Felarya right away. On that first meeting, Crisis went off to talk to Alvar and Katrika stayed behind to talk to Guar. He was happy for the break and slumped down in the grass. “So…” Katrika said, “You’re not from Felarya, huh?” Guar just nodded and replied, “No… and I can tell you’re not either.” Kat looked at him surprised. “How did you know?”

“Simply put, you don’t smell like Felarya. More like something foreign trying to adapt to it. Nothing wrong with that, I suppose. It just means that you and I are now in the same boat together.” Katrika kept quiet. “Is there something wrong, lass?” Kat didn’t respond at first but timidly replied, “Um… Crisis told me about how you met, and how you tasted bad. And, um, well… since I like to eat things she doesn’t… I was wondering… if um… I was just curious…um…” Guar was seeing where this was going. “You want a lick, don’t you?” Though he couldn’t see it as a human would, Katrika blushed. It was an awkward thing for her to ask. Especially since Crisis already identified him as a friend. But curiosity got the best of her. Just one taste, that’s all she wanted.

Guar sighed, “Well, I don’t see any harm to it. I suspect you’ll find me as nasty as she did. Go right ahead, lass.” Kat smiled bashfully and leaned down, giving Guar one big lick. She stopped. He wasn’t nasty at all. In fact he was kind of sweet to her. Something came over her then. She HAD to have more. Immediately, her hand swooped down and snatched him up and before he knew it, he was on her tongue and in her mouth. She sucked on him and rolled him around for several minutes.

Guar had to think fast. “Lovely,” he thought, “To Crisis, I’m crap. To Kat, I’m chocolate. What are the odds?”  He felt her tongue pulse beneath him and knew she was swallowing. Quickly he pulled his tonfas out. Kat was absolutely enjoying him and she couldn’t help but swallow. About half way down her throat, though, she felt a burning sensation. It instantly got worse and she coughed Guar up. He landed in the grass before her, smoke still emanating from where he had clacked the weapons together and from her mouth. She looked at him in horror, realizing what she had done and was about to do. “Oh, Guar! I am SO sorry! I don’t know what came over me!”

Guar just coughed her spit from his lungs and waved, “No worries, lass. No harm done. Just don’t try that again.” It was about that time that Crisis came back with Alvar. “So,” Alvar said, “Ready to get back to it?” Of course Guar and Kat never spoke of it again. Although there were several times she would pass by, look at Guar, and her mouth would start to water…


It was now two days after that and Guar was still at it. A lot had happened during that week, but he was glad for it. It helped him to settle into his new home with his new family. But the happiness was not to last. He knew that it was only a matter of time before Cobalt would show and that was exactly what happened.

Crisis came back again, worry on her face. “Hey, Alvar. Hey, Guar.” Guar nodded his greeting. “Hello, Crisis,” Alvar said. They both noticed the worry in her voice. “Still can’t find her?” Guar was caught by this statement, “Can’t find who?” Crisis looked worried even more, but made herself comfortable in the grass and relayed what she knew, “We didn’t want to tell you, Guar, being what you are now. Alvar and I didn’t think you were ready and didn’t want you to go charging off after her. You could get hurt.” Her voice quivered as she spoke, “But about four days ago, Subeta went missing. I was with her and she said she sensed a magical object and that she would see me later when she found it. That was the last I saw of her. We don’t know where she is or what has happed to her.”

Guar thought for a minute then nodded. “I think I can find her.” He walked over to a small stump and sat in the lotus position, setting his tonfas next to him. “Remember what I told you about the Gaze?” Crisis nodded, forgetting that Guar couldn’t see the motion. “Well, according to our legends, the Knight Protector had what was called the Inner Gaze. This, when focused, allowed him to see anyone in need of help in his domain. The catch is, though, the Knight Protector had to have met the person first. That’s why, after becoming the Knight Protector, he would go on a pilgrimage all across the land, meeting as many people as he could. Being that I have met Subeta, this shouldn’t be a problem.” He closed his eyes and concentrated. He felt his aura begin to pulsate and then a small shard of it left his body and flew around him. It leaped from person to person he had met in Felarya. First to Alvar, then to Crisis, then to Anna… he could see each person as if looking through their eyes, living their lives. He felt Alvar’s sword in his hand and the power it possessed. He saw himself sitting on the stump, worrying if Subeta was ok as he nervously twitched his snake-like tail. He was frustrated that he couldn’t seem to fix his computer because Crisis had cracked the motherboard in half playing with it… yet again. It would take him YEARS to get a new one. He felt the slickness of a slug-girl sliding down his throat and heard her screams as she disappeared. He thought her slime was delicious and loved the feeling of her slowly digesting in his belly. He felt the bars around him as… THERE!

He had found her. He focused more and more on her thoughts beginning to think as she thought and feel as she felt…


She was annoyed beyond measure. “If only my wings weren’t damaged, you human freak!” she would scream at the passing humans. One in particular with the black goatee and a lit cigar in his teeth really got her going. He seemed to be in charge and it seemed it was he who set up the trap. How could she have been so stupid? She ran the trap in her mind again, hoping to find where she went wrong. She had been with Crisis on a hunt when she felt a magical artifact nearby. Not wanting to pass that up, she decided to look for it. What she found was trouble.

When she reached the place where she felt its presence, she couldn’t find it. Maybe it was really small, she thought, and making herself human sized would allow her a closer view of the grass. So she shrank herself down, and that’s when the attack came. She felt something clap onto her wings and fry them with some sort of energy. Never before had she felt such pain; it knocked her out cold. When she awoke, she found herself in a cage next to a neko, a kensha beast, a tonorion, and a small dridder child, each in identical cages. She could feel a magic suppressing aura around the bars and, enraging her most, her glove was gone. They had taken it! She even saw one of the hairless little monkeys studying and toying with it. “THAT’S MINE!!” she screamed at him time and time again. But no matter what she did, they merely laughed at her, told her to “Shut up, stupid bug,” and went on with their business. The leader caught her attention the most. He seemed more evil than the rest. He came up to her cage and looked her up and down. “The name is Cobalt. Get use to hearing it because you are about to go to a place where I am quite famous. Can I get you anything? Something to eat, perhaps?” Subeta just gave him the evil eye. “How bout you, you spineless little human.” She reached for him but was awarded with nothing but a shock to her system. Cobalt just shrugged and walked off.

He had many creatures now, and many more were on their way. His men had reported in that they were returning with tiny humanoid creatures. It was a good place to catch things. Oh yes, it was. But his main target was yet to be found. No matter, he would head to the big tree tomorrow with his troupes. Then the damn werewolf would have nowhere left to hide.


Guar snapped out of it and looked up at Crisis. “It is as I feared, lass. Cobalt has her. From the sound of the forest, I would say they are about two days walk from your home.” He stood and began to walk toward her. “We need to get back there. He is coming, and if we have any hope of freeing Subeta and the others, we have to be ready. Don’t worry; I have a plan…
Chapter 7 by mdbear84
Three of the Supernatural Hunters crept through the woods toward the Big Tree. Led by Cobalt, they had only one mission: Capture the werewolf at all costs. Cobalt would love to capture the naga as well, but the werewolf was enough. He had eluded fate and he had eluded him for the last time. There was no where left to run, no where left to hide. It took all of his will power to contain his excitement. After years of chasing him, he was finally going to catch his prey. His heart beat like a war drum in his chest as he and his two men with him tracked the creature through the woods. He made sure the others understood clearly. “This one is mine,” he said before they left, “No one is to touch him. This is my capture, my prey, and therefore my trophy. If either of you ignore that, I am making sure that you get left behind.”

They began to approach the tree. Cobalt’s heart raced even faster. He was close, so close he could smell him. He signaled for the other two to advance. They had to set the trapping equipment before either the freak or the nagas detected them. Victory was drawing near. For the briefest of moments, he wondered what he would do after this was all over. He had spent most of his career chasing this beast, but the thought passed just as quickly as it came. Now was not the time to think of such things. He had to get Guar first. He took a few calming breaths before stepping out, rifle in hand, completely loaded with the tranquilizer darts filled with the special poison used to kill this race.

What he saw surprised him. Guar was standing there facing him. The other two were just as stunned on either side of the protector. It was if he was waiting for them. He stood there in his cloak covering his whole body except for his head. His eyes looked different. They sparkled with a strange light. But what really bothered him was the feeling he got from them. He remembered quite clearly what it felt like every time Guar or one of his people looked at him. It felt like his soul was being invaded. Like they could see everything he had done. But this was different. It was more like he felt what Guar was feeling. And that feeling scared him. It was something he was all too familiar with from a lot of his prey. But he had never experienced it like this. So simple, and yet so unnerving… wrath.

Guar’s sightless eyes moved from each human. He didn’t say anything for several moments, then, calmly and flatly, he spoke. “Cobalt Hollister. It’s been a while, hasn’t it?” Cobalt only smiled back at him, tipping the brim of his hat before responding, “Indeed it has, Guar. I see you have decided not to run this time. Good. Frankly I have gotten tired of chasing your sorry rear all over the multi-verse.” Of course that was a lie. Guar had been the greatest hunt he had ever had or would ever have. Guar didn’t react much, only responded in the calm, flat tone. “Cobalt, you have some things that are under my care and I want them back. Mostly, I want the fairy, but the others do not belong to you either. They belong here in Felarya, not that hell hole you call a zoo.”

“So here are my conditions. Release everything you have captured, return to the Legacy Dimension, and never return. Do this and I promise you will not be harmed. Refuse, and neither you nor your men will make it out of Felarya alive.” All three Supernatural Hunters began laughing. But they soon stopped when they heard a woman’s voice coming from above and behind them. “I don’t think they are convinced, Guar.” They looked up to see two of the largest nagas they had ever seen, one a longhaired blond and the other a short, brunet.

“I don’t think they are either, Crisis.” Kat said, licking her lips, “Perhaps we can change that for them.” Quicker then the men could move, Crisis and Kat both sprang into action. They each grabbed the two on either side of Guar and looked them over hungrily, leaving Cobalt to face Guar alone. “Last warning, Cobalt.” Guar said flatly, as if nothing had happened. “Leave or die, your choice.” Cobalt simply sneered at the lone protector as he said, “this changes nothing, freak.” Guar just sighed, “Have it your way.” He removed his cloak to reveal the artifacts and drew the tonfas. “Crisis, Kat, take care of those two and go release Subeta and the others. I will deal with Cobalt.” Cobalt heard the girls giggle and then came screams. He looked up just in time to see his men vanish inside the mouths of the giant nagas and the satisfying, “GULP”

Cobalt looked in horror as he saw two wiggling lumps travel down their necks and disappear behind their chests. He wasn’t sure, but he thought he could also see their stomachs move. The nagas both looked at each other with a satisfied smile on their faces. “Wow,” Crisis said, “They tasted better than most humans do. Let’s go get some more, Kat.” Kat nodded fiercely in agreement. “Yah, lets go.” As they slithered away, the two foes could hear Kat say something about “never had a human that tasted better than slug girls”

Cobalt was not easily shaken, but watching a naga feed was enough to shake the hardest warriors. Two of them was more than he could stand. He finally turned back to Guar and roared at him, “You MONSTER! How could you let such beasts do that?” he aimed his rifle at Guar’s head and fired, but Guar dodged the dart with a step to the side. Cobalt had never seen Guar move so fast! He continued firing until the clip was empty. Not one dart hit Guar. Cobalt went on the move. He ran to his left, reaching for the full clip on his belt to replace the empty one, but Guar was on him in seconds. Halfway through the reload, Guar ducked under Cobalt and preformed a dragon punch to his jaw, sending him and the rifle flying in different directions. Cobalt hit the ground with a loud thump and a heavy “Oof!”

He stood back up and spit the blood coming from his cheek where he bit it. His eyes looked at Guar in defiance and discarded his black duster. He drew two field knives from holsters under his arms and the two long time enemies circled each other. “You know, Guar,” Cobalt said with venom in his voice, “you’re nothing but a big, lying hypocrite. You told me you protected humans when we first met, but you just sat by and watched as those monsters swallowed my men whole and alive. They are now melting to death, burning in stomach acid and there is no remorse on your face. What do you have to say for yourself?”

Guar’s features never changed. His face was as intent on the battle as ever. “It’s not who you protect, human,” he answered, refusing to call Cobalt by his name anymore, “It what you protect them from. You and your hunters have chased me and my kind all over the multi-verse. You killed us for sport just because it pleased you. You enslaved anything that came across your path that wasn’t like you. You lock them up in zoos and throw peanuts at them, demanding they do tricks for you. You display your kills as trophies no matter how sentient they are and for what, to get glory from your fellow man? So really the issue is quite simple. Who here is the REAL monster?”

Cobalt had heard enough. There was no way he would let such a freak talk to him like that. He attacked, screaming at Guar as he charged him. He came in low with a left swing, but Guar dodged it, swinging with his right. He hit Cobalt square in the chest, which caused him to back off, gasping for air. It didn’t stop him long, though, for he came back at Guar with a double stab down. Guar rolled away but he misjudged the distance and Cobalt sliced open his shin. This did not stop Guar with a counter attack. He swiped the wounded leg at Cobalt, tripping the already off balanced human. He landed next to Guar, who promptly swung down and smacked Cobalt across the chest. Guar rolled away and stood back on his feet, crouched and ready for another attack. Cobalt stood as well, wheezing from the smack to the chest he had just received. In pure rage, he drew back and threw one of the knives at Guar’s head. But Guar had trained himself for such a move and swatted it away with the tonfa, causing an explosion on impact and destroying the knife. The two combatants circled each other again. Cobalt was no fool. He knew Guar had improved somehow, but he wasn’t sure how. Perhaps it was the tonfas he now fought with. He twisted the remaining knife to where the blade was on the pinky side of his hand and reached behind him to pull out a large Bowie. More confident now having the larger blade, he again charged. Hearing the quickened footsteps, Guar did the same, their weapons colliding with each other and causing a shower of sparks to fly around them.


Back at the Supernatural Hunter’s camp, a fight was also being fought. But it was a little more one sided. The hunters were trying to capture the two giant nagas that had entered their camp and were losing the battle greatly. The attack started when the ill-fated guide with the bomb strapped to his neck was swallowed by the blond naga. She smiled happily when the screaming, Felaryan human went sliding down her throat. Hoping to at least stun her, one of the hunters pressed the button to detonate the collar. Unfortunately for him, all that happened was a soft rumble from Crisis’s stomach, which was followed by a huge burp that spewed black smoke from her mouth as she did. He didn’t get to see it, though, because he was the next one to be picked up by Katrika, who also swallowed him promptly.

The battle… or rather the buffet, continued on like that for a while. Kat and Crisis would slither around and pick off each hunter one by one. Stephens, who was left in charge in Cobalt’s absence, was also the last hunter left who hadn’t been eaten. He decided it was time to leave. “Damn Cobalt, damn this hunt, and damn these nagas. It just isn’t worth the trouble.” He pulled out the DGP and opened an emergency gateway back to his home world. “There are more here than just nagas and werewolves. I’ll come back with a more suitable force for this cursed place.” Seeing that Crisis had noticed him at that moment, he jumped into the vortex, inches away from being snagged by her huge hand.

With all the hunters gone, Crisis got to work on Subeta’s cage. “Hi Subeta. Glad to see you’re alright. Sorry we didn’t leave you any, but it would have been rather annoying to have to deal with them while trying to free you.” Subeta was not amused “Just get me out of here.” Crisis pulled at that cage for some time until it finally bent enough to where Subeta could slip out. “Where’s that leader of theirs?” Subeta said, grabbing her glove and growing to Crisis’s height, “I’m gonna kill him!” Crisis just began to work on the next cage with the small kensha beast in it. “He is fighting with Guar right now.” Subeta flew off in an angry rush. “He better not kill him first. Someone has to suffer for this and I would rather it be that leader.”

Back at the fight, Cobalt and Guar were still at it. There were back to circling each other with Cobalt breathing heavy with rage. He had face Guar’s kind before and never had they shown such skill in hand to hand. Guar was fast, agile, and it was as if he had been training for years just for this moment. A truth about Guar slowly settled in his mind… he was no match for the protector. He had to get to the rifle. It was his only hope. Quickly he scanned the area for it. Where had it gone? It had to have landed… there! Next to Guar’s foot was the weapon, the full clip not far from it. Quickly, he charged again. Guar became ready for the attack, but it never came, instead, Cobalt ducked under Guar’s arm and scooped the rifle and clip up, slamming the clip home as he did. He turned, aimed the weapon at Guar, and laughed.

“Well, Guar. It would seem that this little fight of ours has come to an end. I must admit, you had me running pretty good there for a while. But now, your head is mine.” He cocked the gun and took aim. “Good bye… freak.” He fired.

Much to his surprise, the dart never found its target. It hit the tunic and bounced off as if it had hit a brick wall. Cobalt was stunned and Guar used that to his advantage. He charged Cobalt, grabbed the gun, and threw it in the air. He leaped after it and clacked it between his tonfas, causing the gun to explode. When he landed, he charged Cobalt again. Cobalt watched in amazement. It happened so fast, and yet it was as if he saw it all in slow motion. Leaping into a Dragon kick, Guar landed a solid blow on Cobalt’s face, forcing him on his back. Guar waited no time. He rolled back to his feet and leaped again, landing on Cobalt’s chest and crossing the tonfas over his neck.

“It’s over, Cobalt. Now I will ask you again. Leave Felarya, and never return.” He got of Cobalt’s chest and put the tonfas way in their holsters behind his back. Without saying another word, he turned and walked in the direction that Crisis and Katrika had gone. Cobalt stood and sneered at Guar angrily. He had no intention of doing what he was told by some freak like Guar. He stood and hobbled off into the woods. He had to get back to camp so he could regroup.

But he never made it. Halfway to camp, he ran into a very large (and very upset) fairy with a single glove on her left hand. He was too wounded to escape her, but that didn’t stop him from trying. He started to hobble off, but Subeta cut him off and picked him up. She stared him in the face and smiled deviously. “The name is Subeta. Get use to hearing it because you are about to go to a place where you’ll be a part of me forever. Can I get you anything, something to eat, perhaps? Oh, wait. I’m the one who will be eating. Never mind.” And with that, she tossed him up into the air, caught him in her mouth, and swallowed.
Chapter 8 by mdbear84
Cobalt wasn’t the only one hobbling away from the fight. Guar was doing it too. He had exerted too much energy in the fight and he was utterly exhausted. Not to mention the cuts and scrapes he got from the fight. The cuts in his leg and across his back seemed to burn with each move he made. The clothes were already mending themselves as well as healing his wounds, but that also took aura and it drained him further.

By the time he reached the Supernatural Hunters’ camp, he was about ready to collapse… so he did. He fell on his rear in pure exhaustion and lay on his back. His senses were having a hard time focusing on his surroundings. He could barely make out the scent of Crisis as she slithered toward him. Gently, she picked him up and rubbed his head with her finger. “Are you alright, Guar?” He could barely answer her. All he was able to manage was a slight nod. In a raspy voice, he answered, “I’ll be alright. I just need to rest.” He rolled over and his sightless eyes locked onto hers. “How goes the rescue?”

Crisis gave a nervous smile. “Well… we got a lot of them released. That Kensha cub nearly bit my hand off and the dridder child ran off scared before I could talk to him. Right now Katrika is finishing up… there’s this, uh… there’s umm…” she couldn’t finish, and, even though he was barely conscious, he could tell she was shuddering. Remembering the discussions he had had with Temi during some of the time while she was healing him, he recalled how Crisis was brought up and her fear of one thing in this plane of existence… “Was it a tonorion?” She shook her head violently, “Yes. A big one too”

Guar couldn’t help but laugh to himself. When it came to tonorions, Crisis’s definition of “big” was highly exaggerated. “Well, my friend. Why don’t you take me over to the cages and we will see if we can’t give Katrika a hand.” Crisis wasn’t too happy with that idea. But she felt that if Guar went, then there shouldn’t be too much of a problem. He was the new protector of Felarya, after all, she thought. Forgetting that he was very weakened, she slithered off to the cages, hoping that the tonorion was gone.

They got there just as the tonorion was walking out of sight. Kat was reaching into another cage, this one with a neko in it. She was cowering in the back of the cage, trying her best to avoid Katrika’s grasp, hissing with each swipe. When Crisis saw what was in the cage, she forgot all about Guar. She put him down and rushed over to get at the tasty treat in the cage. The two giant nagas began to fight over her. “I saw her first, she’s mine.” Kat screamed, trying to play “keep away” from Crisis. Crisis just snorted, “But I am older and bigger than you. Besides, how do you think Anna will act when she finds out you are being as mature as a hatchling?” This caused Katrika to blush and take on Anna’s pink hair and royal blue scales. She pouted for a bit, still playing “keep away,” contemplating what this might mean for her and Anna.

Neleh was completely frightened by the experience. In Felarya, Nekos were to Nagas as mice were to cats. Even though she wasn’t from Felarya, she was still in it and still had a natural fear of the giant snake people. If only she had her bow. It was specifically made for Felarya, with poisoned arrow tips that would put just about any predator to sleep for hours. After all, theirs was a survey mission, not one of conquest. But that didn’t help her now. She saw her bow lying on the ground with some other equipment as well as her tool belt and quiver. But being so high and with, not one, but two Nagas just outside the only exit to her cage, she was in a real tight spot.

The nagas continued to fight over her and it only scared her more, hearing how this one deserved to eat her first because she found her first, the other stating that it was her who was chosen to lead the rescue and therefore should get the first spoils of war. Plus it didn’t help that all the waving and swinging the cage was making in the hands of the, what looked like, younger and smaller naga only proved in making Neleh sick to her stomach. She wasn’t sure she could take any more of this. But she didn’t have to because it was about that time when Kat saw her chance to take advantage of the argument.

Crisis had made the statement that Katrika got the last neko they found and that it was now her turn. When Kat denied the fact, Crisis turned her back on Katrika, stating that if she wasn’t give the neko, then she would never talk to her again. Quickly, Katrika tipped the cage over her mouth and shook it, forcing Neleh to loose her grip on the bars. It was like Neleh was watching everything in slow motion. She slipped through the hole that Kat had made and fell toward her gaping maw. Everything moved so fast and yet so slow; Neleh saw everything in its finest detail. She saw the fleshy cavern awaiting her below to drop in, the gleam of Katrika’s teeth, even the smile she had in knowing that she had won the argument over Crisis. It was no surprise, then, that she saw her rescue coming.

He moved like lightning, faster than she had seen any humanoid move. He bounded up from the ground where Crisis had placed him and bounced his way up Katrika’s body, from her tail, to her belly, off her breast, to her chin, and into the air to catch her seconds before she fell into the pit that awaited her. As she sailed over her face, he pulled out a golden tonfa and swung down, hitting Katrika across her nose. He continued his path, landing on the top of her head and then up to a nearby tree branch.

As he set her down, she looked up into her rescuer’s eyes. What she saw both frightened her as well as comfort her. His sightless eyes stared into her very soul, but they also told her that everything would be ok, that he was here to help her. His face looked back at the Nagas, anger plastered on it. “I told you this was a rescue, not a buffet. So do you mind telling me what you were doing?”

He really didn’t have to ask. He knew exactly what they were doing. He had smelt the neko in the cage and heard the argument. He constantly tried to intervene, but he was too weak to do so. He called after them over and over, but his voice was too soft and too scratchy for anyone to hear. He tried to move, but he couldn’t. Then when he heard her sliding out of the cage, something in him snapped and he got his second wind. He later figured it was because of the healing properties of the soil. Lying down on it helped him regain his strength… at least for a bit.

When he had finished his statement, he fell to his knees. He was still weak and it would be a long while before he was able to pull something like that off again. Neleh got up and tried to help him to his feet. He was bigger than her, but she managed. She looked up to the Nagas and noticed that they weren’t happy, especially Kat. She gave Guar the “deaths gaze” as she rubbed her now bruising nose. “Guar,” she fumed, “she was mine to eat. You had no right to snatch my food from my mouth. I demand you give her back.” Crisis also looked upset. “As much as I don’t like it, Guar, she is right. You don’t do that here. Give back the neko and nobody gets hurt… except her.”

Guar had other plans, though. He leaped to the ground and began to run away with her. Neleh, on the other hand, wasn’t ready to go yet. “My equipment,” she yelled, “over to your right.” He swerved to the right, just as Kat was about to grab him, and ran by her stuff. He never stopped, but she didn’t need him to, she grabbed it all on the fly. The two Nagas chased after them, yelling and screaming at him to bring back lunch. He ignored them, though, continuing to run away with her in his arms. He had no intention of handing her over and she had no intention of going willingly. As he ran, she notched an arrow and aimed it over his shoulder. “What are you doing? That’s not going to work.” But she disregarded him, saying, “Trust me.”

She fired and the first arrow missed, falling just short of Kat before she slithered over it. She notched another arrow and took aim again. This one hit Kat’s scale and bounced off. Katrika was gaining. She was nearly in arms reach of Guar now and was about to grab him when Neleh notched another arrow. She aimed for her hand as it reached for them. Closer and closer she came. She was nearly there, nearly about to grab them. She could already taste the neko and Guar in her mouth and felt them slide down her throat when suddenly she felt a sharp sting in her hand.

She drew back to find the arrow planted deeply in her palm. As she pulled it out with her fingernails, she suddenly started to feel drowsy. She couldn’t control herself as her momentum caused her to ball up on her self and slide to a halt, completely passed out. Crisis wasn’t far behind and saw Katrika stumble. She slid up to her friend to find her fast asleep, and even with her predator instincts, Guar and the neko was no were to be found…


Six months had gone by since that day and Crisis was on her way home from a hunt. Katrika came to about an hour after she was shot but they had not seen Guar since then. Katrika was none too happy when she awoke and they spent the next week looking for both the Protector and the neko, but they searched in vain.

Crisis was coming back by the same way that she was when she first met Guar. She always came by that way lately and always stopped in the clearing to think about the good times she had with him. It was safe to say that she missed her friend. She missed his joyous voice as she had entered the clearing when they first met. She could almost hear him as he said, “Hello, lass.” She sighed as she started to slither away when she heard, “Miss me?”

She turned her head quickly to find him standing on a branch nearby. He was
still in the garb of the Knight Protector as well as a dark green cloak around his neck. He was leaning on the tree trunk, eating a dragon apple. She slithered up to him; joy in her heart at seeing her friend again. “Guar!” She exclaimed, “You’re ok!” He laughed as he took another bite of the apple, “That I am, lass.” He then took a bit more serious tone with her, “How is Kat. We didn’t do any permanent damage to her did we?” Crisis just shook her head, “No, she is fine. Wait till I tell her you’re alright!”

Guar became a bit unnerved by the statement and quickly added, “I would rather you wait a few more months. I have no idea what she will do if she finds out.” Crisis nodded and raised herself up to where he was eye level with her. “What have you been up to these past few months? What happened to the neko? Where did you go?” Guar just put his hands up to all the questions, “Whoa, slow down, Crisis. That’s why we came here; to answer your questions and to ask you one of our own.” Crisis tilted her head to the side as she asked, “We?”

It was then that Neleh came out from behind the tree. She was still in the same outfit, though it looked newer and was still wearing the same equipment belt. Her bow was slung on her back and she looked nervous, like she was ready to reach for it at the drop of a hat. She timidly came out from behind Guar as he smiled and said, “Crisis, you remember Neleh.” Crisis’s stomach growled as it churned her latest catch, several nekos she caught not too far from where they were. “How could I forget the one that got away?”

It was then that Neleh was out far enough that Crisis noticed that her belly was slightly bulging and moving even more slightly. Crisis smiled at her, “Catch a few tomthumbs, I see.” Guar and Neleh both laughed as he said, “Actually, she didn’t eat them. They are mine. It seems that neko and Taur’Draug DNA has more in common than our outer appearance lets on.”

Crisis couldn’t believe what she was hearing. Guar was a father!
“Oh, I am so happy for you two. Any idea on what it is?” Guar smiled proudly as he responded, “THEY are twin boys. From the look of their auras, they will have their mother’s face and ears, but my tail and eyes.” Neleh finally spoke up timidly, “We have even chosen names for them. They will be Axe and Ace. And we were wondering… um…” it made Neleh nervous to say it, so Guar said it for her, “Being that you were my first real friend in Felarya, we were wondering if you would be their godmother.”

Crisis was shocked by the statement. Never before had anything their size asked her to be a godmother to their child. In fact, she  usually ate people of their size and was never given the chance. She smiled as she very gently and very carefully leaned closer and kissed Neleh’s belly (almost making Neleh pass out). “I would love to be their godmother.”

Guar smiled and nodded at Neleh. Neleh took a deep breath and sighed, “Ok, you were right. Crisis, I will see you later.” She didn’t sound happy as she said the last part, and she leaped from branch to branch down to the ground to take off toward the river. Guar was about to do the same when he snapped his fingers. “Oh yeah, I almost forgot. We found a new home. If you follow the Jewel River all the way to the ocean and thentravel up the north coast, you will find a small peninsula. When we found it, there were no sentient beings there. All we found were plenty of Duiker. We decided to call it home. Anyone is welcome, but no one is aloud to eat anything sentient. I won’t even allow Neleh to eat any Masu or tomthumbs if she finds them. You are welcome too, Crisis.” He smiled at her as he climbed down, “Just make sure you follow the rules.”

Crisis smiled back as she watched him walk away. “It sounds great, Guar. Did you give this place a name?” He nodded as he entered the underbrush, “Yes. I named it after my home world. It’s called New Londvarna.” Crisis thought about the name and rolled it over in her mind and off her tongue. “Londvarna… Londvarna… I like the sound of that. What does it mean?”

Guar simply smiled as he disappeared into the brush, “It means Sanctuary”
Outro by mdbear84
Bricka, son of Nix the Chilotuar, continued to pull and tug at the bars in frustration. Several times his mother warned him not to play so close to the river. He had been warned that there were dangerous humans about capturing other creatures. But he just wouldn’t listen. And why would he? He was only 8. He swore that if he ever got out of this, he would always listen to his mother.

Walking by his cage was the one responsible for his capture. Stephens looked at the young chilotuar and smiled. Sure, he wasn’t as great as his predecessor, but Stephens was still the best the Supernatural Hunters had, and this trip to Felarya wasn’t all that bad. This trip, he was able to nab a drider, some tomthumbs, the chilotuar boy, and even an angel, which was no small feat. Stephen’s was rather satisfied by the catch… or would be if it wasn’t for the reports he was receiving lately. Apparently, there camps all over Felarya were being destroyed by a couple mysterious characters. From what survivors had reported, both were hooded and cloaked. One usually shot explosive arrows into the camp, while the other would release the captured creatures with some sort of explosive golden club.

That’s why he had to take to the barge they were on. In all the attacks, the attackers would only peruse the survivors to the river. For what reason they stopped there was unknown. He was hoping it was because they feared the river. Either way, it would only be an hour before they reached the portal point in which to return to their home world.

Bricka’s antenna twitched nervously and angrily as Stephens walked past. “You dirty, rotten, booger eating, two-legged, stink faced, two-pot up-chucker! You just wait till my momma hears about this! You’ll be wishing Anko got to you first!” Stephens only chuckled at the young one’s threat and kicked the cage violently, sending Bricka scurrying off into the corner of the cage, startled. “Shut up, you freak. You’ll make a nice display at…” Stephens never finished his statement. He saw something on the river bank and knew it was one of the two mysterious attackers. He stood there with his dark green cloak drawn over his body and face. Stephens ordered his men to draw weapons and train them on the stranger as he called out to him.

“Fine day for a swim, ain’t it? Or are you afraid of the water? Either way, you’ll never destroy this barge. Looks like we get away, don’t we?” The stranger never answered. He simply waited for them to get closer. “Didn’t you hear me, or are you deft.”
At that, the stranger leaped the forty feet across the river and into the middle of the boat right in front of Stephens.

The leader of the Supernatural hunters was stunned to see a human leap such a distance. The stranger faced him for several seconds and then pulled back the hood of his cloak to reveal his face. Stephens was shocked even more to find out who it was. “Guar!”

The protector of Felarya only smiled and threw back the cloak, crossed his arms. “Stephens. It’s been a while.” Stephens nodded at the statement as he said, “Yes, yes it has. What has it been? Five, Six years maybe?” Guar shook his head, “Seven, actually. I see they made you a commander now. Hopefully you are a better man than Cobalt. Hopefully you have more sense to back off. By the way, welcome to Londvarna.”

Guar’s pose become sterner and his face become serious as his sightless eyes scanned the boat. Bricka was amazed at the sight of the Knight Protector. He had heard stories, but never seen him before. He knew that everything would be ok now. Guar snarled at Stephens after a moment of silence. “Supernatural Hunters: Londvarna has rules. One of witch is against capturing any creature for the sake of entertainment or money. As lord of this land, you are hereby ordered to release these captives. If you refuse or break this law again, you will not be welcome within these borders again and you will be killed on sight. Do I make myself clear?”

Stephens returned the snarl with one of his own. “Crystal clear. But you know, the High Order of Supernatural Hunters would pay handsomely for your head, Guar. And seeing that you are alone… ATTACK!”

It was a flash of action and Bricka couldn’t fallow it all. Guns could be heard firing; explosions could be felt as they went off both from Guar’s tonfas and arrows flying from the shore. However, the fight was soon over and the barge was driven to shore. Guar let out all the captives and welcomed them to his sanctuary. He had Neleh and his two sons of seven lead them deep into the jungle. Bricka stayed with the children, playing games with them and finding that he could be great friends with them. They started a game of tag and ran ahead of the group, laughing as they approached the newly built Londvarna Village…


Watching the scene from the other shore stood two figures. One was a small girl. She smiled to herself as her wise, old eyes beheld the battle and the happiness of the children as they played together. Next to her was a fairy, having made herself the same height of the girl. Her expression was not so happy. She looked at the girl with concern. “Are you sure this is such a good idea, Mercreti? Felarya has never been the friendliest place in all the know universes. I’m not even sure my fairies will be welcome in this peninsula you have created, thanks to its “defender."
Mercreti only playfully pushed the fairy as they began to walk away. “Believe me, Nemyra, it’s for the best. Those Supernatural Hunters are bad news for Felarya. I foresaw their coming and that’s why I planned for Guar to come here. That’s why I had you convince the human to steal the artifacts and bring them here. Why the rest of the Guar’s tribe had to die and he was the only one left. The fact of the matter is, we need Guar. There will be more than just the hunters. We need him to be our herald, our acolyte, our unknown servant.” Nemyra smiled at the last statement, “Unknown to him or those he faces?” Mercreti retuned the smile, “Both, actually. I don’t want Guar to know about why he is here.”

The two walked in silence for a while and then Nemyra got a concerned look on her face. “But Guar is only one person. He may have that neko at his side, but that still makes only two. You could possibly count his children, but it will take a few years for them to grow to be of any help.” Mercreti only looked at Nemyra with a devious smile, “That’s why you and I will lead the others here as well. Guars race will be relocated to Felarya and they will be Knighthood of the Guardians. Of course, that won’t be until they have all come here and we reveal ourselves to them.” Nemyra couldn’t help but laugh in her devious way. “I can hardly imagine the surprise Guar will have when he finds out he is not the last of his race.” Mercreti laughed as she said, “Indeed…”
This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=1573