Lily's "Last Catharsis" by CountdownToShame
Summary:

Lily's favorite band is finally performing in town, and she wants nothing more than to see them. But now that she's shrunk to seven inches tall, it would be illegal for her to attend. Her (still usual-sized) girlfriend offers to sneak her in, but how? And is it worth the risk?


Categories: Young Adult 20-29, Gentle, Lesbians Characters: None
Growth: None
Shrink: Doll (12 in. to 6 in.)
Size Roles: F/f
Warnings: Following story may contain inappropriate material for certain audiences
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: Yes Word count: 3687 Read: 3082 Published: February 13 2023 Updated: February 14 2023
Story Notes:

This story is SFW fluff other than a few four-letter words, brief peril and the mention of body parts. It takes place after my comic "A Life in Two Sizes" and before "Mika's Interview". It explores the relationship between my characters Mika and Lily as they adjust to Lily's new smaller size. It includes a few illustrations from my wonderful artist friends, and one drawn by myself. I hope you enjoy it, and always appreciate your feedback.

A Life in Two Sizes can be found here:
https://twitter.com/ShameCountdown/status/1596588009352306689
https://www.deviantart.com/countdowntoshame/art/A-Life-in-Two-Sizes-pg-1-929880377

...and Mika's Interview here:
https://twitter.com/ShameCountdown/status/1547605834938454018
https://www.deviantart.com/countdowntoshame/art/Mika-s-Interview-pg-1-916349821

Disclaimer: The characters and scenario are my own, and are not based on any other person or work. The illustrations by DsCarlos and npcmx are included with permission and credited within the text. Please follow them, they're the best!

1. Chapter 1 by CountdownToShame

2. Chapter 2 by CountdownToShame

3. Chapter 3 by CountdownToShame

4. Chapter 4 by CountdownToShame

Chapter 1 by CountdownToShame

“Guess what,” Mika asked, smiling down at me with bright eyes. She set down her coffee cup gently, but still I felt a tremor through the tabletop where I sat, legs crossed, with my breakfast.

“What is it? Did you guess Wordle on the first try again?”

“No,” she replied with a little laugh. “Your favorite band is coming to town!”

My rush of excitement lasted something like three tenths of a second before it ran headlong into bitter reality.

“That would be amazing, but…”

The previous month I’d “celebrated” the anniversary of the day I learned that I was shrinking. Every time I’d thought I was used to my new life – that all the surprise consequences of tinyhood were behind me – the universe and its infinite sense of humor would hit me with a new one.

This surprise felt particularly cruel. Last Catharsis wasn’t just my favorite band, it was a bit of an obsession. I’d considered myself their biggest fan for years, and we need not discuss the crush I had on their lead singer all through high school. But they didn’t tour anywhere near my sleepy hometown, and my parents wouldn’t let me travel to see them no matter how I begged and bargained.

Of course they were coming here. This was a college town with amazing venues full of people who loved them just as much as I did.

But their other fans weren’t seven inches tall. The venues were made for normal sized people, and I wasn’t allowed in that world anymore. Couldn’t have a tiny girl drowning in a beer glass or stomped on in General Admission, now, could we?

"Drowning in a beer glass" by DsCarlos - Included with permission

Fuck, I wanted to see them. I needed to see them. And now I never would. This stupid, stupid body.

“Hey,” Mika said softly, almost whispering. I looked up from my pity party. Her big, kind eyes took the edge off of my frustration.

“I want to sneak you in.”

This took more than a moment to register. A million thoughts and emotions competed for space in my head, and all I managed to choke out was “…what?”

“I’ve been thinking about it and I’m sure we can make it work. I know it’s a risk, but you’ve been wanting this for goodness knows how long. What do you think?”

My heart raced as I considered the possibility. No. It’s just a concert, I reasoned with myself. But who am I kidding, it’s Catharsis…

“If someone sees me,” I thought aloud, trying to bring myself back to Earth. “They’ll take me to Tinytown. You’ll get in trouble. This will all be over.”

She offered me her hand, her outstretched fingers as long as my arms. “We won’t get caught, Lily. I’ll keep you safe.”

At this I swallowed, the corners of my eyes stinging. Safe. I always thought I’d be the one keeping someone safe. Keeping her safe. The very idea seemed silly now that she towered over me, putting care into every motion so as not to risk my comfort or my life. Just another of the universe’s attempts at humor.

I took a deep breath and grasped Mika’s fingertips. “Screw it,” I said, a grin growing lopsided on my face. “I trust you. Let’s get tickets.”

She smiled wide. “I think one ticket is all we need.”

End Notes:

Please give some love to DsCarlos for the illustration above:

https://twitter.com/DsCarloMagno/status/1617345627972567041

https://www.deviantart.com/dscarlos/art/Drowning-In-A-Beer-Glass-946319679

Chapter 2 by CountdownToShame

Mika tipped her purse toward me, opening the top so I could look inside. “I made it all comfy for you,” she said excitedly, pointing out the amenities. “Look, I lined it with soft stuff. There’s water, snacks, and I even rigged up a light!” She pushed the button on a keychain-sized flashlight and I had to avert my eyes as the interior of the purse lit up bright as day.

Everything was carefully sewn to the lining of the purse. This must have taken hours. Bless this giant woman.

“I love it, but… it won’t work.”

“What?” She looked crestfallen. “Why not?”

“I used to go to this place. Security’s tight; they check your bags at the door. They’re not looking for tiny girlfriends, but they’ll find me anyway. I’m sorry. I really do love what you did.”

I saw her disappointment ease briefly before turning to concern. “Where will I hide you, then?”

I thought for a moment. “Well,” I grinned, “my one friend used to hide…things…in their bra when they knew they might get searched. No bouncer is gonna check there.”

Mika frowned. “You’re too big for me to hide that way, don’t you think? I mean, if you wanted a woman with ample cleavage, you chose poorly.”

“Please. I wouldn’t change a thing about you,” I replied, relishing her bashful smile. “And don’t worry. Baggy clothes are pretty much the uniform at a Catharsis show, so no one will notice I’m making you lumpy. I know they’re not your style, but you can wear one of my hoodies. Remember? From when I used to be taller than you?”

She stared over my head, lost in thought, before turning back to me with a growing smile. She reached out her hand, flattening it palm-up in front of me. I took a breath and stepped aboard the soft, irregular platform. I was getting used to this sort of thing…slowly. Mika was always so careful, handling me like something precious or fragile. This was reassuring, since at my scale I was about to be ten stories off the ground. But, I’ve never been one for special treatment, or needing to be taken care of. It makes me feel…small.

Still. I wanted to be close to her, and this was the way. I settled in for the ride, dropping to my knees. Going up.

Gradually, her face filled my whole world. The pores of her skin, the fine texture of her lips, all her details came into sharp focus. She brought me to her pursed lips and we kissed. This was an act that involved the tiniest patch of the center of her lips, and my entire face. For a moment I felt blissfully engulfed, and then we moved apart.

I opened my arms as if to give her a hug. Mika turned her head a little to the side, brought me closer, and I did hug her, in a way. I leaned in with my whole body, my hands sinking into her softness, my face buried in the pillowy expanse of her cheek. I felt her start to smile. The initial coolness of her skin gave way to a growing warmth as she held me tighter against her, her fingers curled around my neck and my upper back. Her warm breath tousled my hair. Her gentle scent was both calming and exciting.

Then suddenly, my face was wet. Like, very wet. I tasted salt. Reflexively I pulled away, and her grip loosened to let me. I wiped my face with my sleeve and looked up. She was looking down, tears welling in her big blue eyes.

Before I could ask her what was wrong, she started to apologize. “Oh jeez, you’re all wet. I’m so sorry, Lily. Here, let me just–”

Her hand was shaking ever so slightly, but it felt like a minor earthquake to me. I tried not to be obvious about the way I held on for dear life. “It’s okay. Just let me down so we can both dry off, alright?”

She obliged. “What’s wrong?” I asked, drying behind my ear with the corner of a Kleenex. She put down her own tissue and locked eyes with me.

“I’m just so happy to be with you, Lily. You’re everything I ever wanted and more. But I worry…”

“What’s there to worry about, big girl?”

She looked away for a moment, then closed her eyes before returning to my gaze. “Since you started getting small, and decided not to turn yourself in, I realized…you’re kind of stuck with me. If you changed your mind and showed up at Tinytown tomorrow, you’d be in so much trouble.” She sniffed, blinked. Soon she’d need another tissue.

“I don’t want you to be stuck,” she continued, a rare note of desperation entering her voice. “I want you to want me, the way I want you.” She knelt down, bringing her eyes level with mine, and her voice wavered. “I want you to be free to go whenever you want…and I want you to choose to stay forever.”

For a time I was quiet. I’d barely considered this. Mika had a point – now that we’d decided to go full Thelma and Louise, there was no easy way to turn back. The penalties for hiding from the Department would be severe, to put it lightly.

I thought, shook my head, sighed. “You’re right. It’s not like I can just pack my bags. But we don’t need to live in a hypothetical world where I regret tying my life to yours. Here in reality, I’ve never made a better choice in my whole life. If I ever start to feel different, I promise I’ll tell you right away, and we’ll figure it out. But something tells me you’ll be harboring your little fugitive for a long, long time. I do want you, more and more every day, just like I would if I was still the tall one.”

With little warning, she gathered me in her hands – urgently this time, bringing me up to her face fast enough to make me feel the wind and give me butterflies. She held me tight and showered me with kisses all over. I felt none of the usual deliberate care in her motions – instead, she handled me with passion. Lavished me with an unrestrained love. For a few precious moments, lost control.

I didn’t mind it one bit.

“I love you, Lily.” Her whisper, so close to my ears, was far from quiet.

“And I love you, Mika. Now. Let’s try on that hoodie, okay? Doors open at seven, and I wanna be close to the stage!”

Chapter 3 by CountdownToShame

I opened my eyes in darkness. It was…warm. No, hot. I became aware of a rhythmic thumping sound. Music. I tried to reach out but found myself restrained by a stretchy fabric right in front of my face. It was below me, too. At my back was soft, yielding…skin? Oh. Shit, I’d fallen asleep in Mika’s bra?!

In my defense, she was very cozy.

I reached into my pocket and pulled out my new phone. It had taken ages, but I’d finally been able to get my hands on a used phone my size. Some big was selling it on eBay as a collector’s item. If only they knew who bought it from them. I turned it on. Predictably, I had several messages from Mika.

Mika: Hey in there. We’re in line. Don’t squirm, I feel suspicious already!
Mika: We’re moving!! You doing ok? I barely feel you. Everyone in line is so cool, I’m not sure I belong here
Mika: Nearly at the front. Where are youuu
Mika: WE’RE IN. And you are definitely asleep lol. If this bad EDM doesn’t wake you up I will find a way

Still trying to un-wedge my right arm, I started composing a reply with my other thumb. Before I could finish, I felt a gentle but insistent tapping on my hip, as though someone was prodding me with a pool noodle. Mika was trying to wake me up. I cut the message short and hit Send.

Lily: I’m awake!!
Mika: Oh thank goodness. You ok? Need anything?

I had both hands free now, and our conversation continued more smoothly.

Lily: All good in here. I should sleep in your bra more often. Sooo well rested. Could use some A/C though.
Mika: It’s all your fault. I don’t usually sweat like this. Oh looks like the opener is coming on soon. I’m gonna try to get to the front.
Lily: Yessssss thank you

I felt each of Mika’s footsteps, each change in direction as she picked her way through the crowd. Thump, thump, thump went the bassline, a little louder with each step. I turned off the phone screen, and as my eyes adjusted I could see a faint blue glow coming from overhead. I was able to raise myself to my knees, grabbing handfuls of Mika’s sports bra to pull myself up. With my head up and over the top, suddenly I could hear more than just the bass, and the glow was brighter through her thin white shirt.

Gently I pressed my head against the fabric, and the world resolved into blurry shapes. Shadowy figures passed to either side as Mika made her way towards the stage, where bright lights pulsed and swept in time with the music. Then it occurred to me that someone might be able to see a tiny face outlined on Mika’s shirt. I backed off.

A moment later I was jolted sideways, losing my grip, falling headfirst between the softness of Mika’s breast and the confining stretch of the bra. I heard muffled words from nearby, what could only be a man saying “sorry, sorry!” Mika’s usually-gentle voice boomed in response – my ear was pressed against her chest and she was shouting to be heard above the music. “It– it’s okay! My fault!”

It was almost certainly not Mika’s fault.

Mika: are you okay?
Lily: I’m OK. Are you? People suck
Mika: I’m fine. He was like 2ft taller than me, he could probably barely see me lol
Lily: Yeah? Remember who you’re talking to
Mika: Point taken hehe. We’re like 5 people back from the stage, is that OK? I don’t know if I can get closer
Lily: This is perfect love!
Mika: Yay. Love you
Lily: Love u too. Be careful

I took advantage of my position, giving Mika’s breast a big hug to punctuate this last message. Lightly through the fabric, I felt her fingernail run up my back from my waist to my neck, producing a full-body shiver. I heard – felt – her giggle as she noticed my reaction. I hugged harder. Then I heard a cheer erupt from all around us, and the glow dimmed – house lights must be coming down. Showtime!

Chapter 4 by CountdownToShame

The opener had been…fine. Not one of those rare acts where you realize halfway through the set that you’ve just found your new second favorite band. Nor the all-too-common kind that leaves you wondering “how did these guys get paired up with the band I came to see?” They put on a good show, warmed up the crowd. After so long in hiding, I was just ecstatic to be hearing live music again.

The wait between acts felt like an eternity, as always. But Mika’s softness kept me from getting too impatient. I leaned in, pressed my ear to her chest and let the thunderous sound of her heartbeats fill my head. She was steadier than the opener’s drummer, and I had her bassline all to myself.

Then I felt Mika shift her weight, and someone nearby shouted. A moment later, the room erupted into cheering. I scrambled to turn forward and pressed my face into Mika’s shirt again. Blurrily, I saw spotlights playing across the stage. My heart began pounding as I saw two, three, four figures making their way inward from the wings.

This squinting-through-cotton business was not gonna cut it. I might only see Catharsis once in a lifetime, and I intended to get a good view. Nobody would be looking in our direction. I grabbed Mika’s collar, pulling myself up and over into dazzling light. I breathed cool, dry air and blinked as my eyes adjusted.


What came into focus was the culmination of a decade of obsession, half a lifetime of wanting, and a dream I’d given up on when I learned of my shrunken fate. Last Catharsis, whose logo and lyrics littered the pages of my high school notebooks, loomed before me, the backlighting lending them otherworldly halos. A breath caught in my throat.

Kit, their frontwoman and the subject of my aforementioned teenage crush, was twice as devastatingly attractive in person. I was not prepared.

Before I could come to terms with this, the drummer counted off and Catharsis exploded into their first song. The wall of sound hit my ears and it was simply exultant. The song wasn’t even one of my favorites, but that hardly mattered.

Kit’s voice, as she sung her first words, gave me chills. Mika must have felt something, because she lightly pressed a finger against me through her shirt. When I reached over her collar and held her fingertip, she jumped a little in surprise. She gingerly felt around to figure out where I was, then fumbled with her phone. My own vibrated in my pocket.

Mika: Aren’t you worried people will see you??

Lily: Look around…everyone’s facing the stage. Soo what do you think of them? What do you think of Kit?

Mika: I guess you're right. I’ll be ready to cover you up if someone turns around. Kit’s the singer? I’m starting to understand why you had that crush. I want her dress.

Lily: Hahaha we’re gonna find that dress for you I promise!

The next few songs were a beautiful blur. I hung on every note, and in between, every word of stage banter. Kit told stories about most of the songs, a few of which were even new to me. But she could talk about contract law in that voice, in those boots, and I would still be transfixed.

As the last chord of one song faded away, Kit turned to talk to the band. The hem of her plaid skater dress caught up a second later. The keyboardist nodded and the bassist gave a thumbs-up. Kit turned back to face us. This time there was no story, and right away I knew that my song was about to start.

Nothing could have prepared me for the joy of watching the song I’d once considered my personal anthem performed this way. My face hurt from my permanent grin. As we hit the chorus, I noticed Mika was swaying back and forth to the music. I dashed off a text.

Lily: You should dance baby

Mika pulled out her phone, her hips never breaking rhythm.

Mika: Whaat no you’ll get all tossed around. And I can’t dance!! People will laugh

Lily: I want to dance with you Mika

She stared at her phone for a moment and then put it away. She brought a hand to her chest and held me against her for a moment. Then, as the next verse started, I felt her whole body loosen up, and her sway turned into something unchained, something passionate, something, dare I say, cathartic?

Mika was dancing, for once in her life, and I joined her. Time seemed to slow, the music filled every cell of my body, and the beat kept us moving as one. The chorus came again and Kit held her mic out to the audience. I sang my tiny heart out and moved like there was no tomorrow. It occurred to me that this was a moment I’d never forget.

Then abruptly, my reverie ended. My feet were stuck. Through my movements they’d found their way under the elastic band of Mika’s sports bra. I struggled to get them free, but instead slid downward against her chest, now slick with sweat.

I scrambled, grabbing at anything I could, but my efforts were only making me slip further out into space. I started to panic as my head followed my body under, then through, the elastic. I thrust my arms up to grab the band and managed the barest grasp on it. But Mika was still dancing with abandon and hadn’t noticed my plight. I lost my grip, and was in freefall.

Reflexively I scrabbled at Mika's shirt as I fell, managing only a tenuous hold on the shifting fabric. I looked down. In the dim light I saw her belly, the waistband of her jeans, and a sickening distance below, the floor.

I was about to be shaken loose again. There was a small gap between her body and the waistband. I knew where I had to aim. I straightened myself, pointed my toes and let go. I fell, bracing myself for the worst.




Two minutes later, Mika carefully extracted me from her unbuttoned jeans into the harsh light of a bathroom stall. Trembling, she brought me to her eye level. She looked me over with wide, terrified, tearful eyes.

I was tearing up too, but with laughter. What else could I do but laugh? That was the most ridiculous thing that had ever happened, and I was alive.

Mika blinked at me a few times, shook her head, and then a corner of her mouth came up. Maybe against her will, she giggled once, and then started to laugh. Soon she had joined me in involuntary fits. She hugged me to her chest and it felt like she’d never willingly let me go.

When our laughter subsided, she gave me some distance again so that we could look each other in the eyes.

“I’m so sorry,” she whispered. “I never should’ve…”

Shh, don’t. I just got to dance with you, to my favorite band playing my favorite song. That was the best thing that’s ever happened to me. I love you and I love this. And I’m fine.”

She looked ready to cry again. I gave her what I hoped was a steadying look.

“Kiss me, okay? And then let’s go back out there. I hear them calling for an encore.”

Mika and Lily Rock Out by npcmx - Included with permission

End Notes:

Please give some love to npcmx some love for his illustration!

https://www.deviantart.com/npcmx/art/Mika-and-Lily-Rock-Out-949301232

https://twitter.com/npcmx/status/1623413519063601152

I hope you liked my story. Please let me know what you thought. If you enjoyed Mika and Lily, please check out my Twitter, DeviantArt or Pixiv. You might like my comics and illustrations as well!

https://twitter.com/ShameCountdown

https://www.deviantart.com/countdowntoshame

https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/36859497

This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=12787