John the small by santiago1985
Summary:

This story gives you a glimpse into the life of a very small man
who has to live among regular sized people


Categories: Giantess, Mature (40-49) Characters: None
Growth: None
Shrink: Lilliputian (6 in. to 3 in.)
Size Roles: F/m, FF/m, FM/m, M/m
Warnings: This story is for entertainment purposes only.
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 4420 Read: 9088 Published: May 21 2022 Updated: June 17 2022
Story Notes:

This is the story of a John, a man like any other, except for one thing, he was incredibly small.
He was so small, that living a normal life sometimes was complicated for him.
And believe me, he tried. He tried by all means to live a life like any other fellow but it wasn't that easy.
Let me tell you how a normal day was for him so you can understand the type of difficulties you can ran into when you are action figure sized.

John lived by himself, he had a regular sized house which was too big for him, but as he wanted to be able to invite people over, he needed a normal house.
However, inside his house he had a room adapted to his size.
The house had a regular size door that had a smaller door in the bottom. This was because the handle of the main door was too high for him too reach.
So he had his own little door within the main door. That's from where he came out every morning.
He lived in a city, and worked in the suburbs, so every morning he needed to take a bus to his job. The bus stop was three blocks away from his home, but it took him around 1 hour to walk these 3 blocks, yes, that's how small he was.
He was a software engineer who, in the company used a regular size computer but with a special keyboard-like interface adapted to his size.
Sometimes, neighbours who already knew him and happened to walked in the same direction, gave him 'a ride' to the bus stop to help him arrive earlier.

1. Chapter 1: The long long way to whatever I go by santiago1985

2. Chapter 2: Waiting for the bus by santiago1985

3. Chapter 3: The company by santiago1985

Chapter 1: The long long way to whatever I go by santiago1985
Author's Notes:
So, let's pick any regular day of his first year at work, for example, April 23rd, the day the company was doing this celebration for it's 10th anniversary.

That morning he came out of his house with his regular outfit (he liked to dress quite formal. with shoes, formal pants and a shirt, even though the company didn't require that).
After ten minues of walking and still on the first block, he noticed the footstep of a person coming from behind, very close to him, to his left, it sounded like women shoes walking at a slow pace. His own steps were more frequent, but also much shorter, so this woman was soon beside him, one more step of her and she already was ahead of him, then she stopped and turned towards him.
"Good morning, little John"
She had to look down to look at him, she was very close to him and was using some kitten heel shoes. He always noticed the kind of shoes people used, because it was the first thing he saw when someone stood that near. The shoes, the socks, the details of the foot and the ankle, all parts he knew very well from the people who stood in front of him.

However. She was so close that he had to take a few steps back in order to be able to look up at her face, although, by her voice he had already recognized her. "Good morning Mrs. Stapleton" Said John as loud as he could in order to be heard. Mrs Stapleton, was a 84 year old woman with whom he had talked in a few ocassions. She was now looking down and smiling kindly. "Do you need help this morning getting to the bus stop?" She said in a sweet voice.

The problem was that this woman was too old to just bend down and pick him up, he was way too far from her hands, down there at her feet.
But she already was prepared for this situation. She had found a small wool string in her house and she thought "this can be useful to help that little guy" so she carried it in her purse for that very purpose. "wait a minute" she said, and she took the string out and let one tip fall to the ground, so he could grab, "Please John, grab the string, i'm gonna lift you up, you will be safe" and she extended her arm so the lower tip of string came right in front of him.

It was the first time he was offered to hold to a string to be picked up, but after all, it would save him a big amount of time if she could carry him to the stop. So He grabbed the string tight with his two hands and raised his legs wrapping them around the string, as soon as he did, the old woman lifted the string and brought it closer to her, then she pulled the string up until she could grab little john with one of her hands. It was the first time she was grabbing him with her hand. At first she hesitated, she didn't know how to do it without pressing too hard or hurting him, so she positioned her fingers around his body and asked "May I?"
"Sure, just be careful please." replied John, who was, a little scared, he always was a little scared the first time he was going to be picked up by someone new, some people pressed too hard and made him hurt. But he had no choice but to trust. She closed her fist around him softly but without restraining his arms, so he could extend them over her enormous hand to hold on.

Before resuming the walk she took him up to the same height of her face, so she could have a better look at him, the truth is she always had seen him from above, and didn't know his face very well. She recognized him because of his particular size. Also, from that close distance it was easier to talk. "Oh, Hello Little john, It's nice to hold you in my hand so i can have a better look at you, are you ok? Am I pressing too hard?" Said she kindly and with a smile.
"No, no, it's ok, Mrs Stapleton. thank you for helping me" replied John, who was holding himself to her fingers with his arms.
"Aww, you look so cute" said she "but let me put you in my purse so I can carry you to your destination".
He nodded, and then she lowered him to her purse, she was carrying a very small one, but enough for John to fit, so she dropped him inside. Then he felt the string fall onto him. She put the lid and closed the purse, leaving him total darkness and total old lady purse smell.
He took the string from his head and put it aside.
She started to walk, so the purse starded to rock. He felt the steps and the soft swinging of the purse.

She didn't walk as fast as a young regular sized person, but much faster than he could ever dream to walk. So, after a few minutes, he felt the movements stop
Light came from above as she opened the lid of the purse and he saw her giant hand going inside, she softly wrapped his body with her fingers and lifted him.
Then with the other hand she took the string and unfolded it to the ground. bringing close to him the tip, so he could grab it.
"Hold tight John, we are going down!"
When was taken out, he noticed they were in the bus stop, and that there were four other people waiting for the bus. Mrs Stapleton was standing behind the last person (in John's city people formed queues to wait for the bus, even if they were very few people)
When the old woman spoke, the person who was right ahead of them subtly turned to look at them and then turned back. But it was enough for him to notice that it was a woman with chinese-like features around her fourties.

As the old woman lowered him, he had a good view on the body of the woman in front of him. He usually saw people from the ground, so when he had the chance to have other perspectives of people bodies it was something interesting for him. The chinese-like woman was wearing tight black jeans, a soft wool sweater and some flat delicate shoes.

After he reached the floor, very close to Mrs Stapleton shoes, he once again had to take few steps back to look at the old woman, she waved her hand and said "Good by Little John, have a good day"
"Good bye Mrs Stapleton, Thank you very much" shouted him with a voice that she could barely hear from up there.
Then she turned and walked away.

Now John was standing in the line waiting for the bus, with 4 other people ahead.
Seconds after Mrs Stapleton left he noticed a young woman with a little boy approaching the bus stop, looked like he was no longer going to be the last one in the queue.

Chapter 2: Waiting for the bus by santiago1985
Author's Notes:

When the woman and the kid were very close, He heard them talk. "Hey mom. Look at that. Looks like a tiny man"
"yes Dylan, don't point at the people, it's not nice to do so". Said the mother
"But he's not even seeing us" replied the boy

Then John heard the foot steps stop. They were standing right behind. Although he wasn't seeing them, of course. Because when you wait for the bus you look in the direction of the bus. But he heard them talking. And everything suggested they were talking about him.

"Hey mom. Is he waiting for the bus?" Said the kid.
"Yes Dylan, he's waiting for the bus like everyone else" Answered the mother
"But he's very small. How's he going to ride the bus?, mom" asked the boy, curious
"I don't know, sweetheart. That's not our business" Said the young woman

Only a few seconds past until the boy talked again "Mom, can I pick him up?"
At this point, John, who was 90% sure they were talking about him, turned to look at them.

He realized the boy was really close to him.
And that he was huge! well, he was actually a normal sized boy, but the truth is that everybody was huge compared to John.
The mother of the boy was standing behind the boy, and she was like twice his size.
When he asked this last question the mother suddenly positioned herself beside the kid and squatted looking at him in the face. And holding the boy by his upper arms, she said "No. You can't. Listen Dylan. How would you feel if out of nothing a giant appears and tries to pick you up from the ground? Would you like that?"
"I don't know mom" replied the kid
"We are giants compared to him. He must be very scared of us" Said she giving a quick glance to John, who was in that moment looking at her too
"Well, no Sweetheart, leave that poor little guy alone" said the woman while standing up and kindly caressing her kid's face.
The boy kept looking at John. Then he went on "Please mom. I'm not gonna hurt him. I just want to look at him and see how it feels to hold him in my hand" said the little kid while pulling the sleeve of her mother's coat.

"Well, ok Sweetie, but only if he wants to be picked up. Ask him first. ok? And if he says yes. You put your hand in the ground like this and let him walk into it" And while she said that she squatted again and looking a John, placed her hand in front of him as if she wanted him to climb into her own hand.
"But only if he says yes" Added she.
"Hey. Little guy. May i pick you up? please" asked Dylan looking down at John.
The mother, who was still crouched down and very close to John. She looked at him too and said "You don't have to if you don't want to, really"
"No, it's ok" replied John "go ahead" said looking at Dylan.

Then Dylan crouched down too and placed is hand right in front of the John.
John walked into the hand of the little boy and then he started to lift it. He took the little man up close to His face.

"Close your hand a little bit so he doesn't fall, sweetie" Said the young woman
"Wow, look how small he is, Mom. I've never seen a person so tiny" said The boy
"Neither did I" replied the mother. "He's very small indeed" said she looking at the man with a smile from very close, since she was still Squatted and her face was at the same height as that of Dylan.

"Well. I guess that's enough my dear. Put him down now. He must be scared" Said the mother
Then John spoke to them "It's ok. I will need help anyways to ride the bus. I can't do it on my own"

"Did you hear that, Dylan? he needs help to get into the bus! We'll have to pick him up again when the bus comes, now we can put him down" Said the mother.
"ok" replied Dylan, and carefully lowered the Little man to ground level. Then him and her mother stood up full height looking at john.

The mother took a step back while holding the her son's hand and looked ahead "Hey look. The bus is coming!"

The bus was coming, a few more persons were waiting behind Dylan and her mother, and other 4 persons ahead.
The bus pulled over and the first person in the line, a 50 years old woman wearing a dress got on the bus, then two young man and then the chinese-looking woman.
John had to run a little bit to get to the bus-riding position on the edge of the sidewalk without delaying everyone behind too much.
When he got to the position he looked up at dylan.
"Go ahead, sweetie" said the mother
Then Dylan once again crouched down and let the little man climb into his hand. He moved his hand just enough to let the man walk into the bus on his own.
They waited a little bit until John walk deeper into the bus. Then they both got into the bus too.
Regular sized people had a card to pay for the bus ride. But he had processed a special permission to ride any public transport without cost. Although honestly most of the time the drivers didn't care if he payed his ticket or not. Sometimes they didn't even see him.

While The young woman and the kid were paying for their tickets. John walked into the corridor of the bus. what he usually did was walk under one of the sits and sit there laying his back against the little wall that was the support of the sit. When he did that he usually did in in a way that the person who was sitting didn't see him.

The trip was a regular one, not much to mention about it. About the walk from the bus stop to the office, there's not much to say either, Except for that group of high school girls that started to play with him by blocking his path with their feet and laughing at how easy it was. Poor John spent a few minutes trying to avoid the girls feet while they just had fun looking down at him putting their feet in front of him everytime he tried to pass by until they just decided that he could continue with his life and left him alone. But believe me, these kind of things, happened to him more often than you can imagine.

Finally He arrived to the building where his company was. He walked in, said hi to the security guard and walked under the tunrstile like every morning. There was already a man waiting for the elevator so he didn't need the guard to press the button for him. It was a big building with many different companies occupying 1 or 2 floors each. So at rush hour the elevator was usually full. And although it was for only 5 people, they never counted him as one.

End Notes:

Chapter 3: The company by santiago1985

By the time the elevator arrived, 4 other people had gathered waiting for it: the man already mentioned, who was a 44 years old bald man. A guy bringing a pack of fruits, a 58 years old woman dressed in a very formal red coat and skirt, and a younger woman, dressed in similar fashion as the older one, but in gray instead of red.
There was an important law firm in the upper stages. So people dressed like that usually went up there.
John was the last one to enter the elevator, when he did, the younger woman was already pressing the button to close the elevator. It's just sometimes people didn't notice him.
The bald man and the woman dressed in red were frequent, so John had already seen them before, and they were already aware of him, so they did notice him down there, however, the younger woman and the fruits guy were people john had never seen before.

When the younger woman entered the elevator she noticed with strangeness that the bald man had marked the buttons for floors 7 and 12.
The woman in red had marked 14 and the fruit guy, the 4th.
"Thank you" said john to the man, right after entering the elevator and checking that the floor 12 was already marked.
"Oh my god" gasped spontaneously the younger woman as soon as she noticed there was a tiny creature on the floor, then looked at the other people's faces like checking if they have seen the same as she.
Both the bald man and the older woman smiled, they have shared the elevator with john several times and were used to this type of bizarre situations when people realized that there was a 3 inches tall man on the floor acting like a normal person.
By the look on their faces she realized that it was "normal" so she remained still and didn't want to stare at john just because it would have been uncomfortable.
She, however glanced at the tiny man a few times and politely covered her mouth with her hand in an expression of awe.

John, for its part, took a few glances at the woman's shoes, it was his way of identifying people, at least for one day, since looking at their faces most times wasn't very easy and natural. He had to stand a few meters away to be able to look at people faces without making it very obvious and painful for his neck. So he used to remind mostly the way people were dressed (specially the bottom part) and their voices. This is, of course, with the people he didn't already have a bond with.

Whatever, the first one to leave the elevator was the fruit guy, who went to the 4th floor, and then the other man, who went to the 7th.
Both ladies went to 14th, so he was next. He stood in front of the younger woman who, then, had the chance to examine the little man, since he was with his back turned to her, standing one feet away. When the door open she watched in awe the toy sized man getting off the elevator and entering the 12th floor.
"Was that, a real adult man?" he heard the younger woman ask immediately after the elevator door was shut. However, he took no offense. He was used to it, and people used to feel genuine curiosity about him.

Now he was on the hall before the entrance to the company, it had a glass door. There was no body else. He couldn't open the door by himself. He didn't have a smaprtphone, because there aren't phones according to his size. But he did have a device, developed by a co-worker of him who was an electronics enthusiast. The device was connected to the company network and sent an HTTP package via wi-fi to one of the servers which received it and sent a whatsapp message to the receptionist of the company, a girl called Nathalie. However, Nathalie was not always on her desk, if she was, opened the door for him, but if she wasn't he just had to wait until somebody else comes.

That day, he sent the message, but Nathalie was not there, so he waited a few minutes until someone came. The first person who opened the door for him was a young developer with whom he didn't have a close relationship, however, all people in the company knew about john and knew they had to let him in if they saw him waiting at the front door. There were some people who were confident enough to offer him "a ride" to his desk. But this guy was not the case, so he just held the door opened until John walked in and then walked straight to his post.

To John, it took him a few minutes to walk from the door to his desk. It was still early and there was not many people in the company yet. He said hi to a few persons in the way to his desk. When he got there, he started to climb the ladder that was on one of the sides, it was a small wood ladder designed for him that led from the floor to the top of his desk. On the desk he had a regular sized monitor and another desk fit for his size. On this tiny desk he had a special keyboard with a touchpad which was designed for him too, it wasn't very comfortable because it was still a little big for him, but it allowed him to write and move the cursor. Beyond the keyboard, the rest of his computer was a regular sized one, the tower case was under the desk and the turn-on switch had a cable extension connected to a small lever on his desk he used to turn the computer on.

While his computer was starting arrived Ana.
"Hey John, how's it going" said she while putting down her backpack and turning on her computer. Her desk was right beside John's.
Ana was a young software developer who worked in John's team.

The morning passed like any other morning, among work, small talk, meetings, etc. But at lunch time there was a celebration. That day was the company's tenth anniversary.

Emma was a new HR employee, she was a nice young girl with curly black hair and a slim body. It was her first day at the company, so Emily, the more experienced HR person in the company had been training her during the Morning.
The celebration consisted of the company inviting fancy food for the personnel, the CEO making a toast, you know, the usual. In the 11th floor, they had lunchroom, and all the workers were invited.

"Oh, and I forgot one important thing" said Diana "You'll have to go up for John"
"Who's John?" asked Emma. "oh, he's just one of our project managers"
Emma looked at her confused
"But" added Diana. "he's disabled, so he sometimes needs our help"
"What kind of disability? is he on a wheelchair?" replied Emma
"No, he's just small"
"Small?" asked Emma trying to figure out what she meant.
"Yeah, well, he's like really, reeeally small, he could come down on his own but it would take him several minutes, so we usually go and pick him up"
"Oookay", said Emma still not very sure what her new colleague was talking about

John was reading some documentation about the new continuous integration tool they were implementing when he was interrupted by a female voice "Hi, sorry, are you John?"
John turned around, Emma was standing in front of his desk looking down at him. He looked up at her face "oh, hi"
"Sorry", added Emma "let me introduce myself" and then she squatted so her face was leveled with John.
"My name is Emma, and I'm the new HR girl, today it's my first day" said the girl
"Oh, it's a pleasure to meet you Emma, I'm John" said the little man standing on his desk
"Yes... so, it's already lunchtime so, do you want me to..." Emma hesitated
"I mean, Diana told me you might need some help to..."
"Oh, yes" Said John "just place your hand on the desk so I can climb on it"
"Like this?" asked she while putting her left opened hand on the desk beside John. He climbed on it but the girl still didn't move her hand, although she started to slowly stand up. Then she started to slowly lift her hand, and she placed her other hand near so she contained him in case he fell. Slowly she lifted her hand to her face level without withdrawing her other hand because she still was afraid he could fall

John noticed she was nervous "It's okay" said him "You can grab me with your other hand" and the he lifted her arms so she could wrap her arms around his body without restraining his arms. "Just be careful not to press too tight"

Emma then carefully wrapped her right hand fingers around his body until she could hold him with only that hand.
"Oh my god, I'm holding you in my hand" said Emma, now feeling more comfortable because she knew he wouldn't fall.

She took him closer to her face. "It this ok? I mean... are you.. ok?"

"Yes, you are doing it very well" Said John "You can take me to the lunchroom like this"
"Ok" said she. Then she started to walk with the miniature sized man in her hand.

So, in the way to the 11th floor. While holding him in front of her she started to talk again "I'm sorry, I have never seen a person your size", "I'ts okay" replied John.

When they got to the lunchroom there was already many people there. and two long tables with several food dishes and drinks. Emma walked directly towards Diana.
"Oh, there you are, Hi John, how you doin' today?" said Diana stretching her palm so Emma could place him on it.

The new girl put the little man on her colleague's palm and carefully let go. As soon as Emma had withdrawn her hand. Diana grabbed John with her fist and gave him a kiss in the head. Then she put the little man on one of the tables. Emma was surprised of how confidently and fast she manipuleted him. And how he seemed to be completely accustomed to that.

They never put him on the ground when the room was crowded for obvious reasons, it was dangerous for him to be on the ground in a room full of people walking around. They could hurt him very badly if they didn't see him down there and accidentaly kicked him or stepped on his fragile body.

So he was used to being put on the table, among food, glasses, and cutlery.
"Hi John" said Brian, one of the leaders of the company "How you doing? did you try the potato chips? do you like potato chips" asked him while serving himself a glass of drink, then he walked away.

Emma and Diana had now moved to the other end of the table looking for some sandwiches. He was looking at the dishes around him to see what he could grab. Everything looked very tasty. He walked toward a tray with bread and took a little piece. Then he walked towards a pot of with some green paste, he plunged the bread on the paste and took a bite, he didn't know what it was but it was delicious, he could eat one entire year with all the food that was on the table.

After a while of moving around the table, trying dishes here and there, and small talking with some of his coworkers John was standing in front of a bottle of wine reading it's label when suddenly he saw the shadow of some fingers coming from behind. Before he could even react those fingers wrapped his whole body pinning his arms to his torso and holding him quite tight. Then he was suddenly lifted up from the table and finally was turned around towards the face of the person who grabbed him. It was a woman who looked 60 something years of age, She had red short hair and a fair amount of make up. Red lips, a red Sweater and gray pants and coat, she smiled at him "Hi! You must be John"
He had no idea who that woman was.

This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=11845